Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Whatever confidence the President wanted to convey yesterday in that speech that hey, I understand politically I can't win, but I am still capable of doing the job, it didn't land. None of that. None of that made me feel more confident.
Speaker 1: The only thing that came up when I was searching trying to find somebody with a brain was former President Donald Trump, who went on Fox and Friends this morning and said he did not believe the twenty fifth Amendment should be invoked against Biden, saying it would be more dangerous. But Kamala in office, because I'm quoting here, she's real garbage. He is not helping himself with that rally in North Carolina and things like she's garbage.
Speaker 2: President Biden spoke for eleven minutes, just literally under eleven min ten fifty nine.
Speaker 3: It should have been five minutes.
Speaker 2: Trump spoke for two hours. Now listen, I know why he does it. I understand the rally, I understand who he's talking to, and I understand the His speech style is probably about a forty minutes speech being two hours.
Speaker 3: The rails off the rails.
Speaker 1: The fact that he said she wants to kill babies and wants to outlaw red meat is off the rails.
Speaker 2: All right, So let's start with Joe Biden last night, President of the United States, explaining why he was going to step down and, in his words, pass the torch.
Speaker 4: So I've decided the best way forward is the past the torch for a new generation. That's the best way to anne our nation. You know, there is a time and a place for long years of experience in public life. There's also a time and a place for new voices, fresh voices, yes, younger voices, and that time of places.
Speaker 2: Now the weak, soft tone can be good in moments, this was not the time to use that.
Speaker 1: There's no way he makes it to January. I'm not talking about his life. I'm talking about serving as President of the United States.
Speaker 2: And to be clear, I said that he was going to resign her he couldn't.
Speaker 3: Be ambassador to Belgium right now.
Speaker 2: He's stepping off of the ticket, but he is still being I still will be the president. And there are a couple of things about it that were that were striking number one. In terms of the speech itself. I like it when when a president refers to the other people that have been in that room or the other people who have served in that office, and sort of the the I don't know, legendary status that we give former presidents. I like that it's important for someone who's there to realize who they are, They to realize the situation, realize the importance of the resolute desk. And he talked about, you know, his humble beginnings and this and that and only in America, and I get it, and yes, this is the greatest country in the world. But there's something that was missing yesterday, and it was specifically about his pulse. His health.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he referred to he.
Speaker 1: Couldn't say anything about his health though, because that would.
Speaker 2: Be that would undermine his ability to be remained exactly. He did say he promised that when he was elected, he would he would completely tell us the truth all the time.
Speaker 4: I promised to always level with you, to tell you the truth.
Speaker 2: The truth.
Speaker 4: The sacred cause of this country is larger than any one of us, and those of us who are cherry that cause cherishes so much, a cause of American momckeries itself, wash your knight to protect it.
Speaker 2: It's just it did not instill confidence.
Speaker 1: But no one's talking about it. No one's talking about that, not even the twenty fifth Amendment. Who in the mainstream or anywhere is talking about the fact that this is somebody who cannot continue this term. There's just no way. It leaves us vulnerable. It leaves us we and vulnerable. And it's nothing on Joe Biden. Oh and you know, other countries are paying attention.
Speaker 2: I find it very very uncoincidental that we the United States, well norad, United States and Canada had intercepped Russian and Chinese bombers yesterday off of Alaska. Uh, it's not a mistake.
Speaker 3: They are trying very very chuned into what's going on growing up there. For a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: When did we first report that the four ships that are where they shouldn't be allowed to be, Not.
Speaker 2: To mention, I think there's another one that's going to be docking in Havana today. You know who did not like the speech at all last night was well, this guy, he's on the phone. It's hard to tell exactly who it is.
Speaker 5: It was just it was terrible. It was like a terrible speech and terrible delivery. He looked like he was having problems. And yet you watch the other networks and you would think he was Ronald Reagan in his prime, Winston Churchill in his prime.
Speaker 3: Also, where's Jill Biden.
Speaker 2: She's in the Paris. She's in Paris at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she had to actually leave the country once we all realized what was happening. That she was playing weekend at Bernie's for at least eighteen months.
Speaker 2: A couple of things that we'll play for you when we come back include caring Jean Pierre denying that there's ever been a cover up about the president's health. I mean, she she has arguably the hardest job in the world, and she's not doing it well.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much plausible deniability she has in that role. I think that they keep a lot from that person. She has access to teeth they have to she has access to behind the scenes stuff that we do. Well, what is she going to say, Yeah, he's been in decline for eighteen months and we've been lying to you. Everyone's been lying to you, including the now Democratic nominee for president.
Speaker 2: That's a good point huge. Happy birthday to my oldest sister, Ah. And the only reason I said, Kim, she's not old. Happy birthday, Kim, but she's older than me.
Speaker 3: Does she listen to the program?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah, I didn't know. She's on a little vacation.
Speaker 3: I would have been better behaved if I knew Kim listen.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she's listening today, but I know. Oh, and then my other sister, they have you heard about this fire up near Chico, No from yesterday to this morning, forty five thousand acres. We just started in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: We did get pictures from someone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jd Vance got in trouble for saying a bunch of childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives, so they want to make the rest of the country miserable too.
Speaker 3: A couple things.
Speaker 1: Number one, I am childless and so not miserable in my life, but I have a great time.
Speaker 3: I do not have cats. I am a cat lady, and I'm very happy.
Speaker 1: Yes, Amy is a cat lady and she's happy, and you know what, I'm not really only have to I understand the importance of people who have kids. We were just talking about it off the air, how it gives you something to live for beyond yourself.
Speaker 3: It gives you something to take care of.
Speaker 1: It makes you more in tune with what society should be because you want it to be wonderful for your kids and their kids and the whole bit. But it's so shortsighted when you think about all the people who try to have kids and can't.
Speaker 2: And that was an issue. I think Jennifer Aniston is coming out as sort of the posts, yeah, the poster child for the other side, because she has had a desire to have kids and hasn't or couldn't or whatever the term is. But so anyway that we'll talk about that a little bit later. Israeli forces say they have retrieved the bodies of five Israeli hostages that were held in Gaza today. These five hostages were already presumed dead when they were found. Two of them were soldiers who actually fell ill or were injured during the Hamas led attack on October seventh, and then three others were civilians who were killed in Israel and whose bodies were taken back to Gaza by Hamas As bargaining chips. All of this going on of course, while Raeli Prime Minister Benjamin at Yahoo is in Washington, d C. We know that he is expected to meet with President Biden in fact in just a few minutes, and they expect to have at least a quick news conference. A little bit later, we were mentioning in the fire. I just wanted to give you an update. There's a forty active wildfires in Oregon and Washington about eight hundred and seventy thousand acres right now. There are about one hundred and seventy fires burning throughout Alberta, Canada right now. Remember last summer when the Canadian fires had smoke covering almost all of the United States, or at least you know, north to south. And then there's a wind driven fire in Butte County right now that has triggered evacuations. This fire, it's called the Park Fire, started right near Bidwell Park, started about four to forty five yesterday, is already more than forty five thousand acres as of this morning.
Speaker 1: Did you read this article in the New York Times or about Joe Biden. The headline is the beginning of Biden's long Farewell, which really means long goodbye, which really means Alzheimer's, and there is no mention in this entire four page article about the possibility that he gets out of office for the greater good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's funny. I like the way you put it. I mean he gets he gets out of office, or he's forced out of office like he was out of the candidacy.
Speaker 1: This guy, Peter Baker writes, so a story of weakness of being forced out of the race by his own friends becomes in this telling a story of strength of sacrifice for a greater good.
Speaker 3: Vomit, vomit, vomit, vomit.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 2: I mean, he does admit there really was nothing about his own about being eighty one years old, about his capacity to lead. If there is much more capacity to lead, who are I think the big question late is if he's not going anywhere, if he's dug his heels in, who is he relying on to make the decisions that he's going to have to make over the next six months And we don't know what those are. By the way, there's no way a president knows what's going to happen over the course of the next six months, and the decisions that he or she could potentially have to face.
Speaker 1: I think it was interesting that Trump said he did not want Biden to be removed via the twenty fifth Amendment. I think that that is a sign that he knows that Kamala Harris would gain more ground if she was interim president or what have you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he also believes. One of the things that he did last night at the rally. We'll talk about that in a little bit, is he has really sort of sharpened his knive knives. He has really honed in on her specifically because obviously she's the candidate now or the presumptive nominee, but that this is the language that we're going to hear from this point forward.
Speaker 3: He is not being careful. He is pulling no punches with Kamala.
Speaker 1: I thought that via you know, Mike Johnson's speech to House Republicans yesterday, you got to be careful, especially with a woman, and especially a woman of color. You've got to be careful not to be sexist or racist. And Trump does not care at all.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Well, he's no warning.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care about those votes that are in the middle, which is dumb. That's that those are the people that he needs to weeds those.
Speaker 1: People, and that's not going to win you any points with those with the independents.
Speaker 2: And there's plenty to criticize about her. There's plenty of stuff that he could go out.
Speaker 1: But he's just making things up at this point, talking about how she wants abortions at eight and nine months and even after the baby is born. That's insane. I mean, you don't need to make stuff up about Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll play for you some of the things that he said from last night's rally. Also the latest on the whole stuff Ice. President Harris condemned some of the demonstrators who were voicing support for Hamas, not just Palestinians, but Hamas yesterday.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing that's not getting enough attention, the people yelling Ella Akbar yay Hamas.
Speaker 3: Hamas is coming in the streets.
Speaker 1: You can't say that you care just about the Palestinian people that are caught up in all this and then cheer for Hamas.
Speaker 3: Those are different things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She said that among those who were doing things like burning an American flag near the capitol yesterday, spraying pro Hamas graffiti on monuments there, they said that hate and violence of any kind have no place in our nation. Before she spoke to I think it was Teachers' Union. Today, she denounced the protesters who engaged in despicable acts and dangerous hate fueled rhetorics.
Speaker 3: Can you have your cake and eat it too?
Speaker 1: Can she say this about the protester all the while not being there for NETANYAHUO?
Speaker 3: I mean she's gonna meet with him.
Speaker 2: Today, Yeah, in a few minutes as a fair fact.
Speaker 3: So I guess maybe that's what she's trying to do.
Speaker 2: Speaking of cake, when Elizabeth Francis turned one hundred and fourteen years old, she said if she made it to one fifteen, she just wanted two slices of cake. Well, happy birthday, Francis, one hundred and fifteen years old today. The last thing I want, the oldest living American.
Speaker 1: The last thing I want if I live to one hundred and fifteen, or hell, one hundred and two, or anything ninety south of seventy five up of sixty, The last thing I want is reporters coming to me and saying.
Speaker 3: You're about to turn one hundred and fifteen, what do you want for your birthday?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing? Also, Elizabeth Elizabeth turn one hundred and fifteen today. There's a guy who goes around I can't remember. It's like the Longevity Project or something like that. He looks like former producer Nick and he brings around a plaque that tells you you are now the oldest living America. And all I can think of is that guy is is the harbinger of death. That's the last guy you're going to see before you before you eat it, Elizabeth's sixty nine year old granddaughter. Her sixty nine year old granddaughter named Ethel said she could have as many slices of cake as she wants.
Speaker 3: Of course she can, can I do.
Speaker 2: I just want to give you an idea.
Speaker 3: Is that I get paid to bring around that plaque?
Speaker 2: How does that work? I don't know. I don't know who pays for that. We always encourage your talkback messages to us. You can send us a message on the talk I don't know what I'm going with this. If you're listening on the app, you can just hit that little microphone button and it'll send us a message. There's a couple of listen. There's two versions of messages that we get. One is idio is and the other one is, well, here's the first version.
Speaker 7: Dude, you guys are such partisan hacks. You know, you guys can't cut the guy some slack. I mean, he just came off of having COVID for the past week, you know, I mean, what's going on? Am I listening to Fox News all of a sudden?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 7: There are Democrats that actually listen to your stupid show. But I think that's going to change because you guys are becoming way too right wing. I don't care what you say. You claim to not be partisan. You guys are totally partisan. All this coverage, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: I have said so many nice things about Kamala Harris this week. I've been happy to say nice things about her. She's given me the opportunity to. I've tried to say nice things in the past, and it doesn't work because she doesn't prepare herself for her remarks.
Speaker 3: This week she did. She's done great.
Speaker 2: So far, good introduction as being the candidate on the Democrats Act. And then here's the other version of messages that we get.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Gary and Shannon. I thought I would go ahead and nass because I actually have no clue what does mister bumber piss look like random thought that popped in my head today. But basically I am a wedding cake maker.
Speaker 3: I should make Shannon a mister.
Speaker 2: Cake maybe for your birthday.
Speaker 3: I would love that.
Speaker 2: But what did he look like? He's half man, half cat, so let that run. Yeah, whatever you think that means, that's exactly what it means.
Speaker 1: It's like hello, kitty, right, well different but like more badass.
Speaker 3: He's masculine.
Speaker 2: Oh, bumber Puss probably wear some sort of tactical clothing tactic collection.
Speaker 1: Exactly tactical, but tighter fitting because he's.
Speaker 2: In whole, really good shape. You're saying Steve is not in really good shape.
Speaker 1: No, Steve told me this morning he lost his summer body thirty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh where did it go?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I hope he I hope he hit it well.
Speaker 1: No, Steve is in great shape. Steve looks great, but mister bumber Puss is a lot younger.
Speaker 2: That was our cake segment. We didn't even mean it to go that long.
Speaker 6: But that was.
Speaker 2: We began with cake and ended with cake.
Speaker 3: So what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I've been talking about Kamala Harris now running to be president of the United States. The expectation is that the Democrats will hold a virtual roll call and officially make her the nominee before the actual convention. They were planning to do that with Biden also, so it's not a huge change. One of the things that they have to do, or one of the things that's putting pressure on them, is there are some early filing deadlines for some states, and they want to make sure that they avoid any problems with getting her name on the ballot, so they'll probably do that.
Speaker 1: Their glaring omission is the endorsement of former President Barack Obama, right. He usually doesn't race out to endorse people, usually takes his time, but it continues to circulate in the headlines. So there's going to have be movement on this at some point soon, well before the convention.
Speaker 2: The New York Post has an article today that says that he hasn't endorsed her because he doesn't think she can beat Donald Trump. That was that source is supposedly close to the Biden family.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make any sense because if he didn't endorse her, then he puts her even more at a disadvantage of beating Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Well, compare that headline from The New York Post to CNN and NBC, which both say that Obama is the Obama endorsement for her is imminent, that Obama privately has fully supported her candidacy and does plan to endorse her very soon. Well, President Trump has already held a huge rally, had a big rally last night and talked about Kamala Harris. He was on a Fox show this morning and talked about the difference between kind of who he is and what he plans to do going forward in terms of being nice.
Speaker 5: You just got hit with a bullet. Maybe he's changed be nice and I'd love to be nice, but I'm dealing against real garbage. When you hear that they've weaponized the justice system against me, They've indicted me four times, They've pushed other lawsuits onto me.
Speaker 2: Never happened to this country.
Speaker 5: This is like a third world country. What they've done a banana republic.
Speaker 2: So that was from this morning. Last night, he went after Kamala Harrison. This was I kind of put together a couple of different things that he said that we know will be his talking points going forward.
Speaker 5: I was supposed to be nice.
Speaker 2: If you don't mind.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna be nice. Kamala Harris wants to be the president for savage criminals, illegal aliens.
Speaker 4: She's committed crimes. I'm the prosecutor and he's the convicted fellow.
Speaker 5: She couldn't pass a bar exam. She's totally against the Jewish people. She is a radical left lunatic who will destroy our country.
Speaker 2: Kamala, you've done a terrible job.
Speaker 5: You've been terrible at everything you've done. You're ultra liberal and we don't want you here, we don't want you anywhere.
Speaker 2: Kamala, you're fired.
Speaker 3: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if somebody can get to him and tell him that throwing meat to the base, just like we heard, is great. But you've got to appeal to the people that you need, and those are the people the Independence and they and there is polling showing that they are intrigued by Kamala.
Speaker 2: So one hundred and three days until election day, let's assume he takes a nicer tack. I know he has said I'm not going to be nice. You just heard him say it a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Don't you think that would go Sorry to interrupt, don't you think that would go so far with him.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I was going to say is is he's not going to lose the people who are who are voting for Trump. He's not going to lose them between now and November fifth, Right, so's he's got whatever, whatever the difference is, whatever, that within the margin of ver or polling lead that he's got of about two two and a half points, depending on which poll you look at, that's not going to disappear. What he wants to do now is grab those independence who still aren't quite sure about Democrats, or they're not quite sure about Kamala Harris's experience, or they're not quite sure.
Speaker 1: Or maybe they just don't want to be a by things that you say. If you just walk the line, you'll have their vote. Yeah, And that's the thing is you do because they like money and they don't want the Democrats to blow it all.
Speaker 2: It's a weird attitude that the campaign, the Trump campaign has taken, which is the best tack is to attack. It doesn't seem to be that's the case. I mean, if you go back six weeks ago, before the before the debate, and before the beginning of the end of Biden's candidacy. We were talking about seventy percent of voters did not want to see either one of those two guys as the candidate for their major parties. They wanted new blood, they wanted new faces. They didn't want a rehash of twenty twenty. Now you have half of that one candidate is changed. That actually, to me, that should concern Republicans because now the excite is on that side. There are more people talking about Kamala Harris than are talking about Donald Trump. He's got to do something different, I think, to attract some of those votes that are in the middle that otherwise would be in the middle.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: A racks, but we're hacks.
Speaker 3: Don't forget hacks, all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next to Gavin Newsom's plan to clear the homeless encampments, Where did this come from?
Speaker 2: And an executive order specifically different than going about it legislative. If you guys are such partisan hacks.
Speaker 3: Hacks, how come you don't replay the nice things I did?
Speaker 2: The woman wanted to know what bumber puss.
Speaker 3: Looks like, Well you didn't replay her.
Speaker 2: Well that's true.
Speaker 7: I love that that guy who called in just didn't even pay pay attention to you bashing Trump's stupidity as.
Speaker 2: Well, like he just heard what he wanted to hear. Love you guys, Hey, good morning you hacks. That was a great talkback.
Speaker 7: Hey. But the good thing is he's still listening to your show. What a jerk.
Speaker 2: That guy's a weirdo.
Speaker 5: You guys say it how you see it.
Speaker 4: Nothing wrong with that, Jerry and Shannon, I am never, ever, ever going to listen to your show again until tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I love that you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app