Speaker 1: Joe Escalante live from Hollywood. By Hollywood, you mean Burbank, across the street from a Wiener Schnitzel that serves be here. This is two hours at the business end of show business, every Sunday from five to seven on k e IB eleven fifty on your AM radio dial. Sam. How are you doing good?
Speaker 2: How you doing Joe?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good. Nicky producer. Nicky's on assignment, so she won't be here today, but just you and me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when she goes on assignment usually when she comes back, good stuff happened.
Speaker 1: So good luck, Nikki. Oh, it's money we'll spend Yeah, for sure. Okay, let's before we get to the movie business. And then I, by the way, I have an interview with the one of the stars of the movie Blink Twice, So we'll get into that and we will talk about Blink Twice, and the interview will be in the second segment of our show. And you just who am I interviewing?
Speaker 2: Who are you interviewing? That's the great question here.
Speaker 1: It's an ensemble cast. There's so many people in it you'll have to guess. And when I say interviewing, you know, just chatting for a little bit. My interviews are like, hey, your movie was great, because I don't interview people in bad movies. But a lot of people that interview people in movies, even if the movie's bad, they got to still talk to her. So I'm usually just gonna tell them they're great, because Blink twice was great. Odd that at her hone now is the name I just revealed it. Wow, she's you got to see this movie. It's good, surprisingly good, number six or five or six in the box office right now. But let's get to the sensational news Hollywood today. Anna Delvey is joining Dancing with the Stars for season thirty three. Let's just take that in thirty three seasons of Dancing with the Stars. I used to make a big deal out of Dancing with the Stars when I was a morning host, because you kind of have to get into that, you know, reality shiny floor show mode. You got to do American Idol, you got to do Dance with the Stars. But I love Dancing with the Stars and I used to go watch it when I was on Indy Window three to one. I'd have the stars on my show and then I'd go into the studio and audience and watch and go to the after parties. Had a great time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it's a fun show, definitely entertaining as far as the reality shows go. But Anna delve, there's some people that are kind of annoyed or pissed off at her.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you remember, in twenty nineteen, was found guilty of eight charges, including second degree grand larceny, theft of services, and first degree attempted grand larceny when and she was the subject of a Netflix popular series called Inventing Anna and when she was a basically a con artist and told everyone she was a German heiress and when really she was a Russian gangster and she swindled thousands of dollars from the New York elites and their favorite establishments. So she's been on house arrest following facing potential deportation in twenty twenty two for overstaying her visa. But she's going to compete for the Mirror Ball Trophy in this next season and that's crazy, right.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry she's being potentially She was on house arrest and facing deportation two years ago for overstaying her visa when she was found guilty of second degree larceny theft of theft of services first degree at up to the grand larceny. It was overstaying her visa that almost got her to portid of all of those things that she did. Yeah so yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the crimes. She had to pay for her crimes. Of course, she was in prison for a few years, and then now she's been given a social Security number and she's allowed to return to social media and travel freely within seventy miles of her East Village, New York apartment. According to the tablaid, she has been granted special permission to travel to Los Angeles for Dancing with the Stars, because who doesn't like dancing with the stars? Dancing with the Stars is really a miracle of television. The fact that they can do all this with all the dancers, all the costumes, all the judges, studio audience, and get it live to go to New York and LA at the same time, and even if it doesn't go at the same time, it just goes to New York, you know live. It's a production miracle and everybody should be congratulated that puts that on. No matter how many times they do it, it's still can't be easy. But what do you think about that if you were the if you were Bob Eiger, would you allow this?
Speaker 2: No? No, I wouldn't. I mean, I granted the show has a history, and there's other shows similar to that, like The Masked Singer and stuff like that, where they'll bring in controversial figures, people that aren't going to be the kind of people that necessarily are going to be like welcome on there. There's going to be people that are going to draw some negative attention, but negative attention is still attention. So this is someone that definitely had a popular series and a lot of people latched onto. And it's always fun watching somebody swindle people. And I think this might be part of the swindle. She's she's on house arrest and they relax the term so she can fly to Los Angeles to film a TV show. Who else? Who else do they do that for?
Speaker 1: She is? I the swindle continues exactly. I think what they're probably thinking in their minds, in their minds, they're thinking, you know, what she stole from the ridge? You know, these people wanted to be around her because she's a German heiress and they thought they could get something from her. You know, that's on them. I think that's the I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's the idea. Also in television news, Sam, of course I'll be watching and I'll be reporting on Miss Delbay. But also in television news, Chick fil A has hatched a plan for a streaming service, and so Chick fil A is going to have their own streaming platform.
Speaker 2: They plan.
Speaker 1: That was a good one and they're gonna and they yeah, that was not mine. That's still funny they have just because you know, Chick fil A is closed on Sunday, Sam, I don't know if you know it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, I know they We tried to reach out to them for comment today and unfortunately they couldn't respond. They're closed.
Speaker 1: Exactly they you know. I think what it is is the guy you know who owns it or whatever. It's the same with I've met other like rich people like that, where they've they've done everything, they've reached the peak of their career. Now they want to affect the culture and they want to leave their mark. So this is one way to do it. To have a streaming service and not just have one piece of art, but program twenty four hours a day of art or you know, just all kinds of programs and they're hiring real people to run it. And the rumor is they're paying for hid one thousand dollars a half hour. That is like two and a half times what my half hours cost over a Fox Nation. So I'll be over in the Chick fil A lobby waiting for a pitch meeting really soon. Yeah, it'll be family programming, family programming. They're gonna lose hundreds of millions of dollars. But you know, good for them. I'd love to make shows for them. But I love Chick fil A. But what if they were smart? This is what I told in an out burger, I go, don't follow up for this. You need to make a either save your money and keep it. Just keep your money. But if you really must do something like this, I would say a fast channel is a better way to go. With a fast channel, You're you're gonna have advertising revenue, it's going to be free for your customers to watch it. You're gonna have more eyeballs. Fast channels are the ones that are like, you know, come with your TV set or or you know, everybody's got on Amazon's got twenty four hours a day of these free TV shows they have commercials. Fast means free over the air. Our advertiser supported television, so it's like free cable. So if I was Chick fil A, I would do that and just keep it, you know, on the cheap pardon my pun.
Speaker 2: And you can get those fast channels just about anywhere too. Let's take it to break.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break and we come back. We're going to talk to Aditya Adjona, the star of Blink Twice. Joe Ascalante Live Hollywood. I saw a movie this week call Link Twice and Christian Slater is Kyle mclachlin's in it, Haley, Joe Osmon, Geena Davis who should get an oscar? And d O. Jana's character is named Sarah, and I had a chance to sit down with her this past week. The film is great, Thank you. I'm one of the you know, people that go to the movies still. My wife picked this one out and we were both just really surprised at what a great film it is and the performances you are playing a character that is you know, at first, we're like, we don't know who to like in this movie, but you become a very likable character throughout, and there's and it's an ensemble cast with a lot of you know, fancy actors, Geina Davis, Channing Tatum. You're stuck in the jungle with these people making this movie.
Speaker 3: What was that? Like, Yeah, we were.
Speaker 4: We were filming this for two months and you got done in a use in that and we lived and filmed in the same place, and it was really it was really interesting. It kind of went through the course that the movie sort of goes through. You know, at the beginning, we're like, oh my god, this is so exciting. We're kind of all living in paradise. We're all getting to know each other, and you know, there's a pool and we're having breakfast and lunch and we're talking about the script and starting to film the really fun scenes. And then as you know, the time progresses. I mean, I never stopped loving everybody, but you're like, am I want to go see something else? Like I feel like I'm in the Truman Show and on the weekends we can go to Maydiam But it was a place that you kind of couldn't escape. And the darker the movie sort of got and progressed. There was that element of like I want to get out of here, and we were all going through that together and you know, we would then escape on the weekends, like I said, And it really did bring another element to filming. And I think it also held all of us really bomb together and allow ourselves to go to the places that we have to go to in order for this movie to sort of work. It became this like bomb that was unbreakable with the guys, with the girls, and we just yeah, we just protected each other and held each other's hands.
Speaker 3: Through the harder, the harder scenes.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Geena Davis for a while. That just like came out of no way. Please, I mean, should we just give her the oscar right now?
Speaker 3: But she is.
Speaker 4: So incredible in this movie. She's so good. She's so good, she's so funny. You never know what she's gonna do next, like, and she has that energy about her. She is like this you know, kinetic energy that lives inside of her and no one can replicate that.
Speaker 3: And you never really know.
Speaker 4: What's going to come out of her mouth or what she's going to do, and it's contagious.
Speaker 3: You just like want to be around her.
Speaker 1: Did she elevates gear performance and everybody's performances. When you see like, hey, Gena is putting everything into this, we gotta you know, I gotta step up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah. Especially you know, you have to understand that it was so hot.
Speaker 4: While we were filming this movie and seeing Gina and and you know, a full costume. Yeah, and she never complained. And you're like, well, Gina's here and she's not playing. I'm not saying anything, you know what I mean, You're like, that's Geena Davis. I never got I mean, Belman Luis is one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 3: So I never felt cool around her.
Speaker 4: Wow, I Like I was like, I never stopped thinking, that's that's Gina Davis.
Speaker 1: How are we.
Speaker 4: Okay with just hanging out and having snacks with you the Davis? I just yeah, I always got really nervous around her.
Speaker 1: Well, I think she's a professional to the point where she knows if I act like a diva, there's going to be worse performances out of my co workers and it's going to be more difficult to make a good movie. So she's that professional. She can think of the big picture, and she can bring out performances out of you and out of the other performers, and it really showed. When I'm watching this film, I'm going, wait, who directed this? And I because you know, briefly i'd heard it was Zoe Kravitz and she directed a film. And then when I'm watching the movie, I'm going like, wait, who directed this? This is starting to turn into like a masterpiece of ensemble work. So who someone very experienced must have done this. But it was her first film, correct.
Speaker 3: It is her first film.
Speaker 4: It doesn't you don't like her first film, and I will, I'll be honest with you. And never felt like it was her first film, even in the process or in the process of preparation or in the process of filming. And never I never really looked at her it was like, oh, she's the first time director. She didn't really know what she's doing or let me you know, never never did that cross my mind. You know, I felt like she had been doing this forever. And I mean she went through challenges for sure in the creation of this movie, but she never stopped to be creative and she never stopped, you know, being an artist. And I think every director while filming a movie, they go through so many obstacles and you know, Zoe was just relentless through this entire process. And another thing that people don't know is that she directed and led a Spanish speaking crew.
Speaker 3: Oh really, Okay, that.
Speaker 4: Within itself is another challenge of you know how there was a big language barrier between our director and a whole crew, and she still managed to guide everybody and we've still managed to, you know, create.
Speaker 3: This this movie.
Speaker 1: But you were you were born in Puerto Rico, So how many people in the cast could actually speak Spanish?
Speaker 3: Me and Liz speak Spanish. So Liz, she's Dominican.
Speaker 4: It's an incredible actress and has one of my favorite shots in the entire movie. She's Dominican and and me, So we could sometimes hear the kind of communication go a different direction, and you know, we would go up to Zoe like, hey, I think they didn't understand what you might have meant. But it didn't happen often enough where we had to go in and you know, protect Zoe or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I think Zoe just was very clear with what she wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she really got not only just the performances out of all the individuals, but everybody working together. I was really impressed with it and you guys are there's there's so many distinct and then she wrote it right, Zoe wrote it. The characters are so so the characters are very distinct. I mean, it's an ensemble. They're all stuck in an island. How they got there is, you know, not clear. Nothing's clear at the beginning, and the pieces start coming together, but the characters start coming out their own personalities and they're and they're all very assistant. Christian Slater another amazing like casting coup in this film and an amazing job that he did. It's a good movie and a great movie, and I think it's going to be around at Awards time and I want to encourage everybody to go see Blink Twice in the theater. She got to see these thing in the theaters because it's just you know, it's just going to be more fun for you. But it'll live on you know, it'll live on Amazon, and yeah, a lot of people see them.
Speaker 3: Well, but you want to watch this in the theaters.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's such just a sorial experience, both with the editing and with the sound effects of this movie and the performances that everyone gives. I mean, it really, it really sucks you in and watching it in the theater and watching it alongside other people, and you know.
Speaker 1: Do people like your agent and your representatives when they see this, do they say, oh my god, Adia has a whole new side to her. Now we can kind of picture to other movies, is it? Do you think this film is going to help you in that way?
Speaker 3: And I always play different kinds of characters.
Speaker 4: I've never really played one character twice, and I've been really lucky in that, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it'll open up.
Speaker 4: I'm sure other you know, other opportunities, but I don't want to play another character like Sarah. I want to, you know, explore a different way and keep challenging myself and keep exploring in different fields. I already did Sarah, and I loved playing her, and I hope that people love Sarah as much as I love her. But now it's time for me to move on and do something.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming on the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. This was likely.
Speaker 1: Thank you, good luck and everybody. Go see Blink twice in theaters now to be at now from Blink twice, Now we take a break, come back with more. Joe's Quante Live from Hollywood. Jo's Quante Live from Hollywood. Why Hollywood? You mean for ban Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Are you excited about the the Gallagher brothers reuniting?
Speaker 2: What both of the guys that used to smash watermelons? I know one of them left the like I thought both of them passed away.
Speaker 1: I thought one of them died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he left it to his brother.
Speaker 1: One of them died or both of them died anyway, Yeah, get out your ponchos because more watermelons are coming back. Okay. Number one at the box office this week, Sam, did you see any movies?
Speaker 2: No? No, I haven't been able to get down to the theater, but I have been. I actually started watching Game of Thrones all the way through and it's amazing.
Speaker 1: That's really boring, Sam, it is.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, Yesterrday's news.
Speaker 1: Deadpool and Wolverine still number one, speaking of boring. A good movie but boring box office because nobody can knock it off. Alien Romulus. I haven't seen it. I don't know if I will. It ends with us Number three, No way in hell that you know. It ends with us as like a It's about a woman who and he gets above the guy, you know, such a sweet love affair and finds out he's violin I guess. And then then we learned that her parents there was domestic violence in her parents. And then a new guy comes into the picture and she's got to make some decisions. It just sounds like like like a like a Beyonce song I could never get into or something or just like okay, and I'd assume it's popular. It's number three in the box office, but for me, uh no, good good thing in my household. Sam, my wife does not pick out the movies, so she doesn't even know about movies like that like this. The only movie she's picked out in years has been Blink twice. She picked that out okay because she knew Zoe Kravitz directed it, and she's she was all about that, so we got lucky there. She doesn't know that this movie exists, so don't tell her if you see her. Number four is Reagan that could that could go either way. Number five Twisters, which I saw and it was really good. It's still good. It's like still surging. Number six, Blink twice. It's down thirty six percent from last week. It's done a total of fifteen million, we're gonna have to I think they're going to make a I would say they're going to make their money on streaming, but they own the streaming service, so it's going to be on Amazon. Amazon paid for it. I think they're probably happy. They threw it in the theaters and made fifteen million dollars and what a commercial for their you know, streaming service. Now people listening to this show, the millions that do, are going to re up their Amazon Prime membership so they can watch Blink twice. So I get it number seven in the Forge, number eight, Spickable Me four, and number nine a little film from Sony Pictures called Afraid I did So I saw Blink twice. We saw I'm Still Milking Out movie, and then I also saw another movie called White Lightning with Burt Reynolds on Amazon also just because I hadn't seen it in a long time. And in the seventies, I used to watch a lot of movies about moonshine running okay, Southern corrupt sheriffs and mutated inbred banjo players.
Speaker 2: It always happens that way. It's you and just that movie every single time.
Speaker 1: Man love and canoes stuff like.
Speaker 2: That, squealing like pigs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, yeah, pretty mouths all of it. So I didn't want to watch Deliverance again, even though I'm tempted to because I watch it all the time. So I watched White Lightning. White Lightning is Burt Reynolds stars as a guy in prison whose brother is killed by a corrupt sheriff, so he tries to escape immediately, that doesn't work, and then he just advises a plan says, look, I know, I know I can burn that corrupt sheriff because he gets money from white from Moonshiner's, and so they let him out of prison to go bust him, but he's really there to avenge his brother's death. And then the sequel is called The Gator because his character in that movie is Gater McCluskey and Burt reynolds first movie he directed is Gaior and Burt Reynolds is just you know, I mean, it's just he's a genius. So you can't go wrong with White Lightning on Amazon right now? And I noticed you do you ever notice this?
Speaker 4: Sam?
Speaker 1: You're trying to watch something on Amazon and you think that you've paid all this money to have the free movies and then they throw a commercial in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, and that kind of annoys me. Now it's like, you pay for the service, and we thought we were paying for commercial free and uninterrupted services. But nope, nope, they're gonna throw the commercials in there now.
Speaker 1: And it's just hard to tell which ones don't have commercials, even though they may a new interface that's supposed to tell you which ones have commercials which ones don't. I got fooled into this white lightning thing. Maybe I want to pay four dollars and have no commercials, But I noticed there was one commercial at the beginning, and then there was like never a commercial again for like an hour. So it's like, you know, okay, it was no big deal, like some good with it. So any movie with Burt Reynolds in the nineteen seventies you really can't go wrong with. Yeah, they're silly, they're they're good, they're serious, they're good. And speaking of Chick fil A, Burt Reynolds had a chain of restaurants called Poe Boys. Really he Yeah, And I remember when I was the business affairs guy on his show Evening Shade at CBS. I still have my Evening Shade belt buckle he gave me for Christmas. Not like he walked into my office and handed it to me, but you know, he was it was his show. And then he, uh, he needed money, and I was in charge of the money, you know. And I would go to my boss and say, hey, Burt needs money. Why Burt has to pay back all these bills for the Poe Boys restaurant because it went into bankruptcy. And then it's like, well, it's bankruptcy, you don't have to pay. It's my boss, says. My boss calls him, he talks him because what are you doing? Because he Burt knew my boss's dad and all that kind of stuff. Dads some history. And then Bert said, but I got to pay these people. And he goes, no, you don't. What's pankruptcy. It's just you know, restaurants go out to business all the time. People invest, it's risky. And he said, he said, no, I can't do that. I'm Burt Reynolds. People can't be cheated by Burt Reynolds. So I got to pay. Even though at the bankrupt I got to pay everybody every penny that they put into this thing, every bill, every uh, you know, guy who fixes the ice machine or the guy who delivers the beer and all that. He just so that's up due kind of guy. Yeah, stand up, dude. So I looked up to him a lot, and I have a wetsuit vest like he wore in Deliverance that I wear out when I'm surfing a lot. And I don't get any Burt Reynolds comments. For some reason, people don't. Never I'm never mistaken for him. But that's okay, all right. Hey, you know the can Film Fest enough, the canfuft Lust, the Venice Film Festival is happening, and for some reason, there's no news out of there because the only news is Harmony Kareene. You know, one of the most obscure directors in the world is telling everybody that the hollywoods is starting to crumble creatively, which I think is weird because that guy's so weird. His idea of creativity, you know, is how to lose money on a movie. Now, Joe Scalanti will see every Harmony Koreen movie there is. I've had him on my show before and he made one of the greatest movies of all time, which is Gumbo. I'm sorry, Gummo. If you haven't seen Gumbo. If producer Nicky was here, I would make her write that down.
Speaker 2: Gumbo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to have you seen Gmo?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 5: I'm going to text her. I have to text her that name so I remember it. Yeah, Gummo, that's in her homework. If you haven't seen Gumo, that's required viewing for even being within one hundred you know, yards of me. Anybody coming in and he has to has to see Gummou. I am envious of you because you haven't seen Gumo and your life's about to change.
Speaker 2: Well, I got to watch it for the first time. That's a unique experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, Harmony and Korean. Great great director. But the film, the film Fess was giving him all this press. It's kind of weird. And now he's like he's got but he's like for him to like scold Hollywood on their creativity. Interesting. I mean, I I agree with him. He's a hundred percent right. He's gone into a lot of weird kind of developing technology to make his movies even weirder. He uses a lot of video game stuff now and he's doing some interactive immersive things with this new movie called Baby Invasion. So that's a movie we're looking forward to on this show. Okay, let's take a break and we'll come back more of the same and even better. From Joe'scalante Life from Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Joe as Kalante.
Speaker 1: He's my lawyer.
Speaker 2: He don't want money. He does it all for you and he knows.
Speaker 1: Joe Escalante Live from Hollywood, by Hollywood, do you mean? Burbank? The lawsuit that a bunch of artists filed against an AI company called Stable Diffusion has overcome a major hurdle sam The court has said that this first of its kind of lawsuit over the uncompensated and unauthorized use of billions of images downloaded from the Internet to train AI systems, with the federal judge allowing the key claims to move forward. So this this claim is kind of wild. It's like, if you're gonna if you're gonna scrub the Internet and find all this stuff and make stuff out of it, you got to pay us. Now, a judge could say, like that's too hard, h I'm dismissing this, But the judge said, all right, you can move forward. We can, we can, we can and go and and see if there's any compensation that should be paid to these artists, but which artists just the ones that file. Usually in cases like this, it kind of reminds me of the old Betamax case, where it's like, say, wait a second, you have this machine that can record television and play it back at any time. What about the people on the copyrights to that TV programming? Yeah, And then what the courts ended up doing is saying like, well, I'll tell you what, what do you guys use for this recording? You have these cassettes? All right, We're going to put a tax on every cassette and that money is going to go to the Uncompensated Artist Fund or something. You know, it's hard, so they probably do something like that, like these companies that scrub the Internet for this commercial purposes will have to pay into a fund and that fund will get distributed to people that are already rich and life will go on. So we'll follow that a little bit, or maybe we won't if it gets too boring. Like the NBA. Who they the NBA? Do you hear about this? They had a lawsuit against Warner Brothers. Discovery sued them because they they were with Warner Brothers. Discovery for years and years and years decades. Yeah, and then they abandoned them and went to Amazon. Yeah, so they just end Amazon just said screw you, or the NBA said screw you. I don't care what I don't care about our history. And they're they're going to fight it out. But I think Warner Brothers Discovery is going to lose. And it just now the NBA goes on Amazon and who cares. I don't watch it anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they have a chance. Well, this is something you should actually watch because inside the NBA.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yeah, you told me about that. That's really good. That could bring me back to the the way you described it, couldn't bring me back to the NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I sold Nicky on it. I just showed her a couple of clips and how the guys interact with each other on the show and what's being taken away from people.
Speaker 1: It's it's so that show is going to be gone.
Speaker 2: Or it's going to be gone. It's an institution.
Speaker 3: And the.
Speaker 2: Main host of it, Ernie Johnson, who's been there from the beginning, basically said he's worked with TNT for over forty years now and he's like, I'm not going anywhere is this is my home, And the rest of the guys say, if Ernie's not going, we're not going. So you're probably going to see Shaq go somewhere doing something different. You might see Kenny Smith going somewhere. Chuck Charles Barkley has already said he's not gonna do anything after this. He's retiring after this season. So this season is the last run of arguably one of the greatest sports shows ever. Like people look at Sports Center and all this stuff. This stuff was better than all of it, just based off of the comedy that they had, the relationship that the guys built with each other over the time they spent with each other's you can't replace it.
Speaker 1: Well. Speaking of sports, Ricky Piercell gunned down in his home a town of San Francisco is adopted hometown of the San Francisco forty nine ers. That's got to hurt the city of San Francisco if you can't even protect your superstar athletes and they come to town and they just get shot, and it's going to be ugly if they find out that this guy who shot him was arrested the day before and released and probably is out now having a nice breakfast somewhere. So that's a menace. I mean, that's a scandal.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Well we'll have to get more details on that before we can jump to any of those conclusions, but yeah, it could be something potentially.
Speaker 1: I'm here, I'm in the business of jumping to conclusion, Sam, because I only got like three four minutes left. Now. A couple other entertainment related things. There is a movie about Donald Trump, and he was puffing like he was going to sue for defamation, but it never happened. So the movie's getting released, and that happens a lot people. If there's a movie in development, you get your lawyers and you sue the network, or you start puffing like you're going to do it, and you're hoping maybe you can get them to stop it, or maybe you can get people to not support it or theaters or you know, you're just trying to do anything. They can put a legal cloud over it. Maybe publicists won't take it or something like that. Maybe the publicist would think that you're going to sue them. So even if you don't have a case, because anybody can make a movie about President Trump and if they want to put it on during the election and they can all argue whether that's election interference or free speech or what, but they have a right to do it. And it's coming to a theater near you, so I'm sure it's going to be a winner.
Speaker 2: Fantastic.
Speaker 1: I got another one just kind of This is not really entertainment, but I'm kind of fascinated by it because the South Carolina prison director says he has the electric chair, the firing squad, and lethal injection ready to go for South Carolina's first execution in more than thirteen years. And I guess he was under an order to make sure he had all this, like a court order and said he had to have it already because people in certain states or whatever, they have a choice of what kind of they get to pick their poison for.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So this always, you know, I'm always fascinated by this. And let me just push this this. Put this question to you, Sam, lethal injection, electric chair or fire squad. Which one are you going to choose once you are finally caught for whatever you did that we don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez uh, death by a snooz snoop?
Speaker 1: Sam, death by cake? What do you pick? What are you picking? You only have three choices. Injection, lethal injection, electric chair, and firing squad. There is a right answer to firing squad, right, that's the right answer.
Speaker 2: Give me, give me a cigarette and give me the fire.
Speaker 1: You got it. That's what you do. You have your cigarette, you smoke it with the guys that are you know, the guy that has the sword that that's going to like put the sword down when it's time to to ready aim fire and you put your mask on, and you line up against the cement wall and you just take your lumps. It's a very dignified It's the only dignified way to be executed.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, either that or the guillotine. Man.
Speaker 1: Now, I sometimes bring this up because of morbidness. When was the last time the guillotine was used for an execution in France?
Speaker 2: It was surprisingly recent. It was something like nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I think we talked about that.
Speaker 2: No, I've just known this too. I'm I've got the same morbid fascination as you.
Speaker 1: I used to make guillotines when I was build models of guillotines when I was a kid. Okay, well we're going to ask the internet September of nineteen seventy seven in France.
Speaker 2: Wow, I was a couple of years off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nineteen seventy seven, I I'm seeing I was. I was probably learning, you know, studying for my driver's license. Nineteen seventy almost I was fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was Team minus two years from launch.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. All right, Sam, I think we're I think we're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's call it a day. How about what do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will do it. Okay. We will be back next week with Joe'scalante live from Hollywood, and they now leave you with just a taste of the greatest song ever written.