Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is one am exactly on Thursday, June twelfth. Baby, listen. This is one of those nights you live for when you love to cover poker. You love to be here at the World Series of Poker. Absolutely iconic night, historic night, incredible stuff. And guess what, I wasn't here for most of it. Bummed, absolutely freaking bummed that I had to go handle duties elsewhere. But I did make it back for half of the history of the night. As you guys might have heard by now, we got Nick Shulman winning the ten K no limit Duce to seven Championship. We got Jason Kuhn winning the fifty K high Roller. Truly incredible stuff there from both of those legendary players. Of course, we have other bracelets that were awarded, or at least one other bracelet that was awarded. Jason Dwong won the fifteen hundred dollars limit hold him epic comeback for him in that one, and then a whole bunch of other events we're running. Hunter K kicked off ten K PLO eight is playing day two, Monster stack underway, baby, make sure you get the numbers on the monster stack. Guy. What else we got? We got? Three K freeze out, three K freeze out we got I don't know what else. Horse fifteen hundred horse and who the heck knows what else, But we'll get to all of it. Of course, you were here all night. How you doing.
Speaker 2: Of course that was here all night. I'm committed to the WSFP. Unlike some people over here, I'm good. I'm a little tired. I'm being tired with last few days. But it was pretty pretty cool night to see these braces awarded, you know, topping off from you know, the other night with John Rasa winning while we were here light a couple of nights ago, when Chino and Nikore having that pretty long stud Championship battle site. Some big names, some big moments, and it's kind of always cool to be, you know, on the ryo watching along and seeing how kind of history unfolds.
Speaker 1: As I say, definitely, definitely if you're ready for real poker with zero fluff play, poker go is where it's at. It's where all the action is baby, other than of course at the World Series of Poker, but you know, if you want to get your fix, play poker Go. No bots, no gimmicks, just real players like you and I and of course like Tim, although questionable on the weird very real player front jump into ring games tournaments. They have sitting Goes and they are now themed no Gamble in No Future, and they have the Wheel of Gain. They are the jackpot Sitting Goes. You can go check those out as well. It is authentic poker. You can get it on web, you can get it on iOS, you can get it on android. That's play poker Go. Sign up for free today, play poker go dot com. Emphasis on free. Get in there, get some free gold to start. That's what you play with in the game. You can spin a wheel to get more gold every couple of hours. You can open a new treasure test every day. Your streak builds, you get your multiplier builds as you go. So, you know, if you want to play some real, authentic poker, and I do want to emphasize authentic as well, because the play is legit. Okay, you know, it's not just an all infest, it's it's actually, you know, some serious play. So you can get in there and actually sharpen your game and try and get a little bit better. So again that is play pokerg dot com sign up for free today. Nick Shulman the takeover, the take of one of the absolute greatest to ever do it. Tops two hundred and thirty three entries to win four hundred and ninety seven thousand dollars, his seventh gold bracelet, third time win the ten K Nolan Mitduce to seven Championship. I mean, this guy is just absolutely positively one of the best ever. He has to be, absolutely has to be. I listen, sure, maybe he doesn't have as many bracelets as Helmuth or Ivy, right, but Shulman is a legend, he's an icon, he's a goat, and he's still doing it and he's gonna continue to do it. I don't think this guy is slowing down anytime soon. He joins the extremely rarefied air of players at the World Series of Poker to win the same event three times. We also got Adam Friedman did it in the Dealer's Choice. We got some people that I'll put an asterisk next one. Go ahead and tell me who are they.
Speaker 2: The legendary Johnny Mosh and ste On good stu Ivers for sure counts.
Speaker 1: Johnny moss is kind of counts. Did he did he get a bracelet? Yes? Or no? You answered me, well, I mean no, he didn't. He gotta he got a cup or a glass or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, first year was technically an ice bucket. Yes, that's yeah, it was an ice po We gotta get we gotta get more on the pod to talk about. I don't even know if anyone would know it would be more.
Speaker 1: Though, No, it would be mister Bannion himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it went from selling cop of silver plate back to a brass but he was retroactively given a braces so it has to count.
Speaker 1: You have to rub that asterix out. Buddy, who else you got? You got any more? You're the stat guy forgetting to two goats, two legends.
Speaker 2: Someone that's won our favorite event three times, mister Brian Rass PVC Champions, Grinder, that's the favorite event, by the way, should be uh the Grinder PPC champion as well. You said Adam Freed, right, yeah, but wait, Grinder did three times? Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's one more. Now this one you can put an asterix on.
Speaker 1: There's one more. There's one more. God, I, what's this like the tag team event from the seventies back then, So it wasn't a tag team event. It was a mixed up ye whatever. Please get it right, Please get it right.
Speaker 2: For the people we're trying to educate, these people at home, you're calling it.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, we have give me the list, Give me the list right now, but don't name this other person.
Speaker 2: Okay, list Johnny Moss, ju Wanga, Yeah, Adam Friedman, Brian Rast, Brian Rasts, Michaels, grind Or Grin and obviously now Nick Shulman.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's one more. Yeah, what's the event that will give it away? What's the event? Five Codstud I god idea? Bill Boyd? Yeah, alright, isn't this the one where they yeah, this is this is for sure the asterisk one because about this one, but that's not the why of the asterix.
Speaker 2: Ninety seventy one, Bill Boyd won the thousand dollars buying five Cod stud tournament.
Speaker 1: The next year the buying changed. This is where the asterisk. The buying changed to ten thousand. He won that one.
Speaker 2: Next year ninety seventy three, still ten thousand dollars, he won that that has an asterix because why and he had one player that was Bill Boyd because he has the best five cuts up player. The next year, ninety seventy four, buying changed a getting down to five k way more entrance.
Speaker 1: He won that for forty K.
Speaker 2: So he won the same event four consecutive years, but the buying change. So that's where I put the asterisks. I think it counts. But if you want an asterix that either way four events in a row, you're not going to get any better than Billy Voyd putting it.
Speaker 1: You know, he's just like a right, let's bring this back. This just trained back on the tracks. I mean I derailed it, so I'm not going to I'm not gonna get mad at anyone but myself. I derailed it. I just feeled it out. But we're feeling good. This is this is timidized version of up till. When you get a night like this is the work up till like you're just you're feeling pumped up like you're Is that the right word? One hundred percent? Up till? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Have you never ever heard of even work in poker? I've never heard that tilt. Yes, I've heard like, no, that's not I've never heard that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, trust me. Listen the viewers and stuff, and the people out there can can message us if they think that I'm lying. I'm not saying you live just never heard of it, exactly up till interesting exactly all right. So Shulman third time winning this event. It was the record setting tournament or the record setter for this tournament two hundred and thirty three entries, four hundred ninety seven thousand dollars. So it's it's it really is fitting that Shulman wins it. You know, this really is the Nick Shulman signature event. You know, if you were to if you were to list poker players and then next to it, list like their signature event, you know Shulman would be ten K, Nolan Deuces seven Championship, Yes, Deil's choice, Bill BOYD five. We got it. Yeah, see I knew I went off the rails for a reason. He also won it in twenty twelve for two hundred and ninety four k. He won it in two thousand and nine for two hundred and seventy nine thousand dollars. Now let's not also for let's Let's also not forget twenty fifteen he came second. Yeah, so you know he's an absolute crusher. I did a video the other day twenty eleven he finished fifth. There you go. I did a video the other day when they got into the money in this event. Because when they got into the money, Shulman cast for enough that the mint cash was twenty thousand and change. He cast for enough to move to the top of the ws AP all time money list for this game no limitduced to seven according to hendonmob dot com. So there was that little accolade, little achievement that he unlocked, and then he just goes on and wins the damn thing. I mean, just just simply incredible stuff he did have to endure. And trust me, it was a freaking end endurance match, eight hour heads up match with Darren Olias. These guys they I got here. I don't know what time I got here today, two o'clock. Yeah, they were three handed. It was Nick, it was Darren Olias, and it was Chatty Sledge Chatty Sledge Bus around two thirty or three something like that. I go, I have to go do commentary, Venetian, I go over there. I come back. There's still heads up Nick and Deren. I mean, just absolutely incredible stuff. And I've been around the was AP, I've been in the studio, Like I've seen Nick win plenty of things now and I've never really seen him act as he did afterwards. You know, you could just tell that it was like a big release, like in Adrenaline dumb Like he kind of had his hands on his head and was kind of walking around just like like I'm free in a way. Like it was. It was very weird, you know. I can't imagine being in that intense of a match. And Darren Is He's an incredible poker player. He is extremely proficient in this game, which I think might be overlooked by many people out there. Nick gave him plenty of credits last night on the broadcast. When I did that alongside Jared Bleslink and Joe Stapleton, Blesnik gave a lot of credit to Darren Elis as well. Darren Ellis I thought played exceptionally well, and he obviously has a ton of results that we'll talk about in a little bit in this format, you know, so just having to go heads up, plus you know, Darren Is, he's one of those guys who's searching for a bracelet still you know, he's won so much stuff, but he still has yet to claim a wsity bracelet. So I think that when Darren gets gets to heads up, like he just he locks in to another level, which means that if you're Nick, you need to lock in to at least match that if not, you know, exceed it. So I think a lot was taken out of these two in this heads up match, and you know, ultimately Nick came out on top. And then afterwards as if this guy wasn't tired enough and beaten down and all that sort of stuff. From everything that that happened today, he was kind enough to spend a few minutes with me through an interview. So let's go to that interview with Nick right now.
Speaker 3: I would say, both emotionally and professionally, this this one really is really does kind of mean the most to me. I've said it to everybody asking me about to play Darren heads up for six hours. That was like, that was the first time I was really at peace with the result no matter what, which is which is a pretty uh kind of freeing feeling.
Speaker 1: You know, you can learn from that.
Speaker 3: But he's just such a great player and never gives an inch. So I just feel lucky and and thankful. I mean, if you keep showing up, stuff like this happens. But yeah, and I love single draw, so to win it three times and all of this stuff, it does mean a lot to me. And I'm just I'm very happy, you know. Just everybody says it's the kind of og like you know, everyone says that, and I love how it's got a little buzz about it, and you need you need players to just win it a few times for some reason, to to just kind of inspire. Not like I'm out here inspiring people making a low poker hands, but like you know, any sport, like if somebody goes off and does something like so, I've for a long time I felt like in poker, single draw just that's my shit, you know, Like I just I've played with everybody I played with with Doyle, I played Johnny Chan three handed once.
Speaker 1: For a week.
Speaker 3: It was why with this other guy, it was a crazy experience. I went to I basically moved to La to play a single draw. You know, it didn't just happen by accident. I mean, really, it's just the reps and and caring about the game and yeah, so I'm really overwhelmed. I mean, this guy's not looking for anybody to feel sorry for him and stuff. But I just I was emotional playing Darren, like I feel like we just became best friends kind of like you know, it's just something like that is crazy, you know, like and it's it wasn't just that, it was it was all day yesterday and and uh or today even I don't you know, it was this was a wild tournament. I mean it was really one of the best structures ever.
Speaker 1: That I recall.
Speaker 3: You know, it went to ninety minute levels, and yeah, I was overwhelmed. I got a little misty, you know.
Speaker 1: Was it hit me hard.
Speaker 3: It was just when I had my daughter, who you know, it's not that cash. Cash may even be a smarter way to go, but it was just I just started liking to just wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night and kind of hang out with the family and just know when I'm playing and when I'm not playing, and you know, I might return one day to cash, but it just I just decided to sort of go go all out in tournaments, at least here in Vegas. I felt like there was enough stuff I could play and I really enjoy them, you know. And I also kind of refound a love for no limit. So I'd be lying if if I didn't say that. It's basically my primary source of income. And you know, I've made a few mistakes over the years, so I'm not just retired, so to speak. And I want to build and you know, do it right this time. So that's a big part of what keeps me coming. However, even if I was didn't have to play, I would play. I just you know, poker makes me better. It's just if you're not right with yourself and you know, you don't find some humbleness and stuff like that. You know, this game it really will mess you up bad, you know. And I don't wish that on anybody, but for me, I get it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I can come in, I can lose, I can get my heart broken. It's okay, you know. I just try my best and let God handle the rest. And I really do believe that, So it means a lot, you know, It's it's a profound thing. I don't you get to a point where all these guys, you know, I'm wishing all these guys. I love seeing people do you know, tremendous things and stuff, and like, I don't know what to say, but it does mean something to me. I don't want it to define me. I don't want it to because these things are fleeting in a sense like there's more to you know, but I'm proud and you know, big shout out to my mom, love you, miss you.
Speaker 1: So there was Nick Shulman. I mean you could hear it from him, right. It definitely means a lot to him. He touched a bit on his legacy. He talked, you know, kind of briefly about you know, past mistakes that he had made and how he kind of wants to write things. A big turning point in his life was having his daughter again. He spoke very highly of Darren, you know, he talked about how this event really caters to him and like what it means to him and what it means to have success in this uh in this specific event. So yeah, you know, just great stuff all around from Nick Shulman. He's you know, one of the coolest cats and poker for sure, and it's good to hear him, you know, open up like that in the wake of a of a win. Now my question for you, sir, where does Nick Shulman rank all time in poker?
Speaker 2: All time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All time? I mean, I'm asking it because I have an agenda here. I believe that he is among one of the absolute best all time, like like short list best, like top five all time, top six, like like like guaranteed for sure, top ten I think, you know, So where does he rank for you? Like you would? So a lot of people say, like, okay, well where is where does somebody rank all time? And then they'll just be like, well, this guy has this many bracelets, this guy's this many brasis. Let's run down the list, right, or they'll go, okay, this is the all time money list, this guy is this is like you know, and Nick isn't at the top of those lists. Yeah, okay, right, But that doesn't mean that he's not one of the greatest of all time. People often talk about Chip Reese. Yeah, now, he's nowhere near the top of tournament leaderboard lists, right, but if you ask anyone, he's arguably, if not the greatest poker player of all time. Right, So that's kind of what I'm getting at here. You know, where where does Nick Rake all time. I would say he's surefire like top ten for me in this, you know, I would have probably said that before this he's up there, and this I think only like really solidifies that he's definitely not top five. You know we can rule that out. Wow, just just right away, just right away.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's be honest if we're trying to factor everything in with what is poker, not just telling you results. Helmuth Doyle, m'gronor ivy Eh, maybe he could be five, He's definitely top ten. It's more of a question of you know, where do we rank Shulman versus Eric Sidel? Where we ran Shulman versus you know, we go We've got to wind the clock way back to the Johnny Moss. You know where did John Hennigan stand in this? Gott sever Johnny Chan, some of these names definitely top ten and well some.
Speaker 1: Of those names, by the way, now that Nick has seven bracelets, sever John Hennigan, Nigran new you know, Billy Baxter, you know they all have seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, so Nick is right there with them. I'm going to read you just said he won his seventh bracelet. He's tied for fifth fastest to seven bracelets. Okay, so if we are talking about you know, the longevity and the legacy. You know, we have mass ivy Helm with Sidel and Shulman's tied with Doyle was at sixteen years to get his seventh bracelet. Side note, side fact on Doyle it was thirteen years between six and seven. So he won six bracelets in three years, then took thirteen years off well off Slash didn't want to play tournaments, was winning millions of dollars in cash hands.
Speaker 1: But either way, so just taking that stat which which on it? Which is? And you heard Nick talk about it, Ask him about he used to play a lot of cash games, and I believe he even told our colleague Remco, you know, several years ago when it was over at the Rio, that you know, oftentimes just the cash games are too good, that the money is too big, Like he'll skip tournaments for him. You know, now as you heard him in the interview, he has transitioned essentially fully two tournaments. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Perfect, So he's right on the cosp of breaking into that top five. You know, is there a world where he is regarded as in Poker's mounts Rushmore? You know, it's going to be always going to be hard to knock off both Phils and Daniel. It's that fourth spot that I think the modern generation of poker fans and poker media could see him, you know, pushing out a Doyle, pushing out an Eric Sidel or whoever they may have in fourth.
Speaker 1: So he's making a case.
Speaker 2: And as you said, the biggest thing about him, plays all the games, has bracelets in all the games, right, Like, It's not like he's a one trick pony or he can only win in mixed, or can only win no limit. You know, he's got the no limit bracelet last year, he's got the deuce bracelets, he's got the stud bracelet, plays everything, plays all the buyings too, you know, he plays from fifteen hundred all the way up to you know, sometimes one hundred k, fifty k's and and all that. So one of the most well rounded players in WSP history, and he is forging a legacy that is going to be hard to be matched by anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the reason why I wanted to bring this up is I kind of got started to thinking, and I don't know what exactly it was. I know, Nick is a big boxing guy. I enjoyed boxing as well, probably way more than I should, because you know, every time I watch a fight, I want to rip my breaking teeth out because of what just happened or how they judged it or whatever. And I was trying to think, like, you know, pound for pound rankings, right, because it's it's often hard, Like, well, it's hard in boxing because you know all these different weakhasses, right, And my like drawing to that is that you have like all these different very and poker right, like when people say that who's the greatest poker player of all time and then you throw out her name like I don't know, like let's just say Fador Holes because he had that crazy run once and I remember at the time, I was like, well, he's the greatest Nolan Holme tournament player right now, and maybe he goes on to be that ever, yes, but like when you say poker player, like I think everything, like you gotta be able to do it all, you know. So that's where I come back to then boxing saying, you know, like pound for pound, like when you're able to stack everyone up against each other, like you can take someone who's already won two braces. This year been a Glasar right. I mean he's known as a mixed game specialist, but you can still like somehow put him in the conversation for different things, right, you know, So it's hard to take like kind of a one trick pony, but Nick is not. He does everything, you know. So I ended up landing on Bernard Hopkins was my pick. I mean I kind of thought that one Bernard Hopkins called the Executioner, Nick was called the Takeover. So like they're like just I mean, it's the cool nickname. It doesn't they don't really draw to each other at all. You know, they're cerebral surgical age like fine Wine. I think Nick is like this like like the aging like fine Wine. To me, like when it comes to poker, is you just get better and better as time goes on and you're able to stick with the modern game. But also you have to be able to take it to the streets at some point, which again in the interview, like you heard and it kind of hint at that like like this game specifically, you kind of be able, got to be able to just get in there and like you know, throw some some punches. You know. Yeah, there's the there's a super technical modern game, right, but at least as it pertains to this game that many people refer to many of the greats referred to as the purest form, if not one of the purest forms of poker. You just got to be able to get in there like bare knuckle and just just go at it with people, right, look your guy in the face, you know, and that's it. There's there's two streets of betting. There's pre draw, there's post draw. Like you know, you got to really feel it out. You heard Blessnik talk a lot about this last night in the in the broadcast, So you know, I just think when it comes to like the aging like fine wine. You know, again, you see so many people in poker that come and go. They're a flash in the pan. Now maybe that flashes a little bit longer than you know, a couple of seconds. It's a year long, or it's two years long. But they kind of come in, they pop in, they have their run, and then you kind of don't hear from them anymore in terms of winning big things or whatever. Nick is also a technician in every game which you pointed to. He's done it all over the place, right, and he continues to do it. We see that, you know, every single series on the PGT it doesn't matter what it is Nicks in the studio blasting. Yeah, here the series, it doesn't matter what it is Nixon the tournament blasting. It can be one hundred k high roller, you know, it can be a three K horse tournament, it can be a fifteen dollars seven cards stud Like, he's all over the place, but he's so well and good at everything. And again there's like that old school intensity, which which I think also makes Nick like so cool to people. He's like he's he's old school. He's like old Vegas. You know, you can tell by like the kind of the clothes he wears and whatnot. Like you can feel it when he's locked in. You know, he doesn't need to say much, but then when he does speak, it's just incredible. He's like his own brand in a way exactly. So Yeah, I mean, I also think that again, he understands the game now. He talked about a bit about that maturity thing in the interview, and I think that he understands the game more now than he ever did. And he's also kept himself up with you know, studying and getting better. I think you see a lot of players who they kind of just get complacent with where they are and they get so they like win a bunch because they're obviously very good and they probably studied some but then they they might not try and push to that next level. So you know, there's that sort of stuff. So, yeah, that's where I'm at with him. He's he's Poker's Bernard Hopkins is where I'm at. Authentic poker is his craft, you know, the way he carries himself, all that sort of stuff. He commands the table in any format, you know. So yeah, no gimmicks. He's just a guy. He's freaking dead serious and he's just like the realest one in the game. So I think that in and of itself is worthy of being considered one of the best I'll say, pound for pound poker players. And you know, I would rank him near the top. So, okay, top ten for me, like all time. All of those names that you said, I agree with, but you know, for me, I think Shulman is certainly up there.
Speaker 2: I think it's always going to be very individualized, right, like how you perceive someone, what do you classify as part of your you know, key fact I seen deciding this.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of that stuff for you and me.
Speaker 2: I think at our ages is all about ambassadorship, and I think that's why like Negrono Helmwith gets some bonus points. You know, in my mind, I think that's why some people that might not be in the top ten and get a few more points, like to me, like a Mattisaw gains a little bit more because of what he did when we were kind of growing up in this industry and you know, watching it on ESPN and all that kind of stuff. So I think it's always like any sport list, it's when you're ranking either favorites or who you think best, you're always going to have your own thoughts or outver value certain categories, right, And I think you've kind of nailed some of those ones with Shulman.
Speaker 1: So Shulman tops Darren Olias in Heads Up Play Now, Darren Ollias is another one. Want I want to spend a couple of minutes on here, second in this event this year to Shulman for three hundred and thirty six thousand. Now, Darren, He's like, first of all, you have to just hang your head high when you lose to Shulman, who's arguably the greatest player in this game. So how can you like, how can you feel upset about it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Of course, it sucks to lose in second. It sucks to lose in any place in a tournament other than first place. Right, It's one of those things I was telling I was talking with Tristan Wade the other day about this sort of stuff. And if you were to tell me before a tournament, I'm gonna get second place or I'm going to get seventh, make the final table, yeah I would, And I could sign for that right now before the tournament even started. Snap sign. No one would ever not sign. But then you get that far and the only thing you want is to win, and it doesn't matter where you end up because the only thing that matters is first place. So it's just it's just such an fed up game tournament voter, It really is. It just really messes with your mind and in order to keep doing it and keep persevering and coming up coming, you know, to play every single day, and a lot of times it's getting your teeth kicked in. Like, there's a lot to be said about that. Now. Darren Olias has had this second place this year. He had a third in twenty nineteen in this event this is just this event, a third in twenty seventeen, and a ninth in twenty fourteen. I know, Darren Olias is known as the end boss of you know, like big Field nolanan Holden tournaments, also some high rollers as well. But this game Nolan Deduce. He's incredible as yeah, and I thought it would have been like tremendously fitting if he were to win his first bracelet in this variant. I think a lot of people would have thought, Okay, like he'll just win some Nolan hold him bracelet sometime someday like that, that'll probably come. But he performs so well in this tournament. He's been close so many times, and this one again, I mean just he's right there and at times he has the chip lead heads up and he just you know, for whatever reason, maybe he just ran bad, you know, whatever it is, he just can't come out on top. So he also had as it pertains to w s ap stuff because you know, Darren Olias is still searching for a World Series of Poker gold bracelet. A third in the twenty five K high Roller in twenty twenty three, hit a fourth and three K six max in twenty twenty two. You know how when you think of Darren Olias, and I know a lot of us think of Darren Ollias and we say, okay, he's the WPT goat, Like do you do you think having a bracelet or not having a bracelet affects his legacy in any sort of way? Like are people looking at him and be like, yeah, but he couldn't do it there? You know the old saying shout out producer rich Ryan, you know, do it on a cold night in Stoke.
Speaker 2: I just continue, You know what, it's a probably good question to ask him because you know, he's such a measured like how does he feel?
Speaker 1: I reckon he does?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm going to guess that even though through that, you know that stoic demeanor that he you know, portrays at the table, that there's a little bit of a burn inside that I've gone so close so many times, and this is the one like notch that I don't have. You know, I have the WPT titles, I have the higher LATAs, I have PGT titles. I just don't have the WSP bracelet. And you know, kind of similar to Brian Olman, who is like a crush around the WPT as well. He won a w SP bracelet. I think it was either the last year of the year before it was online, but he still won one. You know, he got that monkey off his back. You know, he was always regarded as one of the WBT goats along with along with Darren, and I think Darren wants to kind of break through and have a WSB bracelet along with all his other accomplishments to like, you know, we talk about Nick being well rounded. I think that goes the same for Darren in terms of accomplishments. And you know, he doesn't play a lot anymore. Does play WBTS does come for some of our series and obviously the World series, but he's not out there traveling the world anymore. He's got some kids at home, loves to pet a golf club around the golf courses back East. So yeah, I think I think if we asked him to say, yeah, it's something I really really really want and I'm sure you know it's going to come eventually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's at least I feel like I think you feel there with what you just said that it really is a matter of time for Daron Olias. Again, I would have thought that it would have been very fitting for him to win this tournament because I think that it's one he holds, you know, very highly and would have loved to win it. And then you know, had he beaten Nick Shulman two like, that's that's just icing on the cake to do it. But again, you know, just gotta hold your head high because you know, second place, a super super tough field final table is freaking stacked. You know, you gotta go heads up with the great the greatest to ever do it in this game. You know, you ultimately come out in second. So nothing to be ashamed of there. But eventually Darren's gonna get one, right, And and I'll say that it's either going to be in the ten k nolam at deuce. He's either gonna win that or he's gonna win like one of the high rollers, maybe not the highest high roller, like maybe not the two fifty k, but a twenty five k, like ten K six max, you know something like that. Right, you know, that's that's right in Darren's wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to go to the opposite I'm going to go and say he wins like the fifteen hundred shootout, like the four hundred, like no limit hold him on WSPN lote.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't even know if he would bother to play that anymore? Why not? I just I just don't know if he would. I mean, I don't know, maybe, but I don't see him doing it. He I know he had that was it a five hundred dollars bracelet of it online that he had a final table? I think he took fifth or something like that. Like, I just don't see darennalized grinding online anymore. Well, I mean, while he's here would make good bitterness. Well, I don't like when he's here. I think he's in the he's in it out there, like he's not like grind it online.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Now, maybe I would say that if he does win it all, let's say he wins it online bracelet, Yeah, I would say it's more likely to come at home in New Jersey than here. He's just home during some online bracelet series and he just you know, fires it in. Jason Kuhn fifty K high Roller Champion. He told us the other day he was going to win the two hundred and fifty K super high Rollers, so that one's still out there for the taking for now. But in the meantime he had to go and win the fifty K high Roller almost two million dollars for first place in this one one million, nine hundred and sixty eight thousand for kun top day fuel of one hundred and seventy one entries. He beat Andrew Lucky Chewy Lichtenberger and heads up play who's good friends with? And he is, you know, he said in the post win interview with Jeff Platt that he's gone back fifteen something years with Andrew Lucky Chewy Lichtenberger and then his best friend Ben Toleeran finished in third place. Yeah, so that was very cool. I know that you talked with him afterwards and you asked him about, you know, playing with your friends and how is that sort of thing, because you know, once you get onto the table and you're playing for this much money, it's ultimately war. But these are also your very close friends and a whole bunch of other stuff that you hit on with him. So let's go to that interview right now, and then we'll come on back and we'll continue here.
Speaker 2: With Jason Kern, two time WSP Bracon winner, When you first in two thousand and twenty one Heads Up Championship and now this incredibly tough event, How important is it building upon your own personal WSP legacy.
Speaker 4: I every time I win a tournament, especially since I only play really big ones anymore, it just feels kind of like a dream. You know, I'm like, Wow, I still get to win these Sometimes this is really hard and incredible. You know. You look around at the table and it's just legend after legend and the fact that I get to come in with only thirty percent of the chips and win the whole thing. You know, it doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 2: You've accomplished so much in poker. What keeps you motivated to come here? Battle and you know, take down tournament off to tournament.
Speaker 4: I really like to compete. I really like to compete. I like to test myself. If I have a slow couple of months, I start to feel this itch if I need to be tested at something, and poker is a great proving grounds for me because it's something that I'm very good at. And then I've you know, put my entire life into for two decades, So it's just something that's it fills something inside of me. That's the whole reason I do it.
Speaker 2: Playing these high sex tournaments, the plays, you know, kind of small. You've made some great friends, and he obviously been tolerating the place, Finisha and even you know, Lucky chewing you you know your question, Yeah, when you're playing for these high stakes, how hot is it to separate the friendship from pure competition.
Speaker 4: It used to be a lot harder for me whenever I had my ego wrapped up in the game. But once I separated worrying about the way that other people looked at me, and I just let all my friends know, Hey, you know, I love you, but let's just poker is poker. Let's compete the best that we can, and that way we respect each other the most. And once I split the ego from the game, it's freeing and we all just go at it. And that's why you see us play so hard against one another. You know, Like I said at Triton, when Ben and I got heads up in that tournament, it's some of the most violent poker I've ever played in my life has been against Ben. It's just absolutely violent. You know, we're just just battle at one another and wouldn't have it any other way.
Speaker 2: You've talked about playing less, you know, kids at home, family, and just kind of hand picking the events you play. Is there like a special satisfaction when you can actually win one of these ones that you've kind of picked out for your schedule?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean, like I was saying, this thing had one hundred and seventy seven runners. I was in for one bullet to get to be here and win the thing. You know, you don't get to do that every year you play eight tournaments of the World Series. Don't just get to show up and win one. So it's it's it's really incredible, and I still don't really know how how it's even possible. You just kind of sit down and you you do the thing, and you do what you know to do, and sometimes you.
Speaker 1: Look up and you're holding bracelet.
Speaker 2: The other day, we were walking the field, me and Donny Peter's, and we saw you and you said, I'm going to win this two fifty K.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's this year it's going to happen. Yes, you just want the fifty k. Yeah, is the two fifty steal that white way. I'll seal that thing.
Speaker 2: You'll chase.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeah, the two fifty k is my main event.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna win it.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it'll be this year. I'm gonna win that tournament you've won.
Speaker 2: You know, we mentioned how much you've won, twelve trning titles now to bracelets, pgt titles. When the dust settles on your career, what do you want your legacy to be defined?
Speaker 1: As well?
Speaker 4: That I was honest and hard working, and I think a lot of the people that saw me from the beginning how raw I was. I think that I've grown exponentially as a person and as a player, and I think that my career could be a testament to persistence in showing up and working your ass off, and being honest with yourself and just iterating day in and day out, what can I do to be better? What can I do to be better? And you know, look back twenty years later, and you did some stuff?
Speaker 1: All right? That was Jason Kuhn. You obviously know Jason pretty well. I know Jason pretty well. You know what kind of stood out to you talking to him after that win. I think it's when I always talk to Jason Kerhn. I always find he's just so measured in these responses, so calm. He did a round of interviews up on the stage onder the bride Ly Its got moved down to where we were sitting with WSP, then did with us.
Speaker 2: He's he answers so perfectly everything. You know, I just I don't get how these guys can do that sometimes, Like you've just that.
Speaker 1: That, well, let me just say that the large majority of them do not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well maybe it's look, maybe it's so we decide to talk to and we just we just pick right. But like you just know that these guys are going to give you the good answers and and you know, provide all the stuff you need. And like you touched on it. I think it's interesting that you know, he is dialing down. He's poker a little bit. You know, he does obviously still play try AND's, he plays the biggest stuff, but yeah, he's hand picking his events and obviously you know, played one of them, maybe what eight events he might play this summer. He ripped off that second bracelet and yeah, but he still has that that big golden carrot weight that he wants to chase down which is the two fifty K super Hirola.
Speaker 1: And and listen, once we know how important confidence and momentum are and poker. So now that because he mentioned in his interview, you know how at times he'll go along period of time without really having results and he'll kind of get out of himself. But now it's early in the series. He's already had this success to the best degree in terms of winning this high role or super stacked field. So does he have the momentum? Does he have the extra confidence now to go into that two hundred and fifty k and just you know, ravage the thing, right, Yeah, I mean he'll start with the hunter K. I'm assuming tomorrow. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I did ask him about the interview, like a two hundred K tomorrow or tonight, and he goes tomorrow would definitely being that one tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I get this like very robotic vibe from Jason Cooney in a way that nothing affects him win all loss, And I think that I don't think the confidence changes.
Speaker 1: I think it's always high for him. Well, I think I think it goes both ways with him in terms of the like being a robot and being a human because I think on the felt he just can turn it on. Yeah, I mean he's he's always been an athlete, and he's been a very good athlete. He did a lot of track, a lot of sprinting, and I think when you are a very good athlete, you have to be dialed and you have to just be able to like flip that switch and like lock in. And I think that's what you see when you see him compete in these high rollers. Okay, but then off the felt, right, you know, he's like, let's go get a Starbucks. You know, he's like a normal dude like you, but he has that gear where he can just turn it on, you know, when the lights are the brightest, when it means the most.
Speaker 2: I've seen him bust you know, two bullets in our main event over at the Pugo Studio very quickly, and all he does is just goes, Okay, guess it wasn't my day.
Speaker 1: Everyone to see light. I'll see you next series.
Speaker 3: Have fun.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you, like, I'm pretty sure he did not used to always be like that, because I've seen him kind of I mean, not that he's like going crazy, but like you know, you visibly frustrated at times back in the day, but even even in the interview with you, he hit on like how he's matured, do it all you knows. He's basically like like I'm at peace in a lot of ways with things. So you know, and I likened Nick Shulman to Bernard Hopkins. I'm gonna do another one, another another box Can we go to a sport on It's not another boxer, but it's close. I'm gonna start jumping I f L and cricket people and throwing. That's fine. I don't need to understand it. As long as someone out there understands it, then it works. Okay, I'm going with GSP. Do you know who that is? He's the French Canadian George Saint Pierre, hyper disciplined, physically gifted. Not that that necessarily matters a whole ton in poker, but you know, it probably matters when you're when you're physically like up to speed with everything, it helps you mentally, it helps you emotionally. GSP was always obsessed with optimal performance, which I think Jason Kuhne is. We know that he's obsessed, Yeah, we we know, And I think he hit it on a bit in the interview, and I think people just Jason Kuhn is EFN obsessed. Okay, he's obsessed. He he doesn't play a lot these days, but you better believe he is constantly studying and working to get better. The guy is freaking obsessed. And GSP was like he was obsessed. He studied every single edge, from diet to mindset to movement, you know, to different styles, all that sort of stuff. And I think Jason Kuhn probably approaches poker similarly to how GSP approached fighting, you know, in MMA. So that's that's what I do. And at the end of the day, GSP is seems like a kind of he seems like he has that switch. I mean, I know he has that switch. I've watched plenty of YOUFC. You can tell he has that switch. When he gets in the ring, he's a total f N killer in the octagon, total cook killer. When Kuhn gets on the table, total killer. But when he's off of it, you know, nice normal guy. So it's that brains, it's that precision, you know, it's that physical specimen. Again, not that that necessarily means all that much in poker, but it is if you're sitting at a table, Kuhn, it must feel imposing when he's sitting there, broad shoulders, you know, fucking chisel jawline, just like staring you down, like you know, raising you for betting you, like whatever? Right? I mean, how did brock Wilson feel today when Coon pushed him off that chop?
Speaker 2: Like you know what I mean, It's like it's like this effing guy, like the freaking iceman over here. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So Kun is the tactician, and that's why I'm going to compare him to GSP. So we got we got Shulman's the Bernard Hopkins, we got Kuhn is the GSP. We should do this for every person who's a like I don't know this. We can have your own here. Jason Jason Dwong, the fifteen hundred dollars limit holding player, who's he I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding. Is Jason Kuhn the best high roller of all time? Like just when I say that, think of somebody who like only focuses on high roers. Because we know Kun, you know, we've joked about it many times. He's not getting out of bed for anything twenty five k, and at this point in his career it might be anything lower than a fifty K.
Speaker 2: There's only about four names that can really be up for debate in this category. And I think that Well, you mentioned fatal Hols. You know you have to consider, Hey, he doesn't play that much anymore, but you know one time couldn't lose.
Speaker 1: Well, that's but that's that's got to be part of the question in that you know, similarly to Shulman, and it's it's also kind of coincidental that Shulman and Kuon are good friends. Yeah, but Kuhn is still doing it like you have to still do it right, like you can say Dan Coleman, for example, came in lit the world on fire and some of the biggest buy ins around the tournament circuit. But where is he now? So can you really put him in like yeah, I think now one second, Like someone like that you would say had an all time run, right, so continue, No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, you know, he doesn't play that much more anymore, but he did focus solely on the high roll as another person, you know, you have to mention his brain. Kenny is on top of the old time money list.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason. Maybe it's the whole Shaman frog poison crap, who knows, But like I feel like Brin Kenny just doesn't get his respect. Now, I don't care if you respect someone or don't respect someone as a person and what they do and all that sort of stuff. I'm just talking about his results on the film and brit Kenny freaking performs in the when there is a massive buying tournament. Brin Kenny is always just like one of the favorites for sure, and he's gonna perform. M hm.
Speaker 2: He might just be uber high rollers, only it feels sometimes like two fifty knet higher, although he did play this fifty k he did two more names one we haven't really seen it all this once. There is Justin Bonomo used to be high roll around the Isaac Hackson is another one. But going back to your question, without doubt, Jason curt is number one when it comes to high roles, mainly because the consistency over the years he plays. He still is playing everything as high as he can go. You know, he plays down. We say down to twenty five ks down right for him down and you know, even out off the felt you know, as we kind of touched on the interviews, you know, the way he kind of interacts with players, fans, you know, peers, people he doesn't know. He's just a world class individual and while also being a world class poker player and a crusher at high stakes.
Speaker 1: So number one by a landslide. I think I would agree with you. The only reason why I say I think is because I think if you asked Kun, he might say his best friend Ben Tolering, because I think all these guys hold Ben Toleran so high. But I agree that I think Kun is the best high roller of all time and will continue to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Ben's obviously a crusher. He's won a bunch of our van's last year. One of the reasons it's just not is because PLO too like including.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean Kuhne plays some of the big feels. I sets jumping into that as well.
Speaker 2: But you know, those other guys just don't have that resume that you know, Jason does twelve I've tried and titles to WSP bracelets, PGT Champion, PGT Championship winner. Yeah, so you know, Band and Seth may be better, but they just don't have those accomplishments that Jason has a mass over the last you know, ten years while he's been in the game.
Speaker 1: Is he going to get that white? Well? The two fifty k this year? This this year?
Speaker 2: How many people played it last year? Seventy Santos win it? Yeah, seventy something. Ye, I mean I would say he could. He will get it.
Speaker 1: If there's an odds board for that tournament, Santos's number one. Shout out to Jesse Lonas being whatever the hell he was sixteen to something ridiculous. Kun's got to be number one, right, I mean right, like the odds on favorite. I mean, it has to be the favorite. He's he's for sure in the top three.
Speaker 2: Well, are you talking this from the sportsbook perspective or are you talking this from.
Speaker 1: The I'm saying if we were, I'm saying, if we were to set the odds like I would have him in the I would have him probably number one, if not top three, Yeah, I mean top three for sure, but likely number one. Yeah. And especially now, you know, because this is like you win a couple of games, you're going into the you know, the big game. So he's got that momentum again, he's got that confidence with him. No, definitely, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, if it's going to have seventy to eighty player fields for a few more years, who knows for how long, I would say, yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Might be able to get it.
Speaker 2: But his winning Parker is not easy, especially that one. He could go to the rest of his career without winning it, and that's not a knock against.
Speaker 1: And he also feels like a type of guy where and this is like kind of silly, but I kind of also do believe in this sort of stuff where he really believes it and he's going to do everything in his power to make it happen yea. And I just feel like that sort of self belief, self will, uber confidence is going to propel him to get it done. I don't know if it's going to be this year, but I think it could very well happen in the next two to three years. So that's where I'm at with him winning the two hundred and fifty K Super high Roller. But congratstick Jason Kuhn one point nine to sixty eight million dollars for winning the fifty K high Roller. Jason Dwong won the fifteen hundred dollars limit hold them. According to Poconus, he was down to two big bets in heads up play, but ultimately stormed on back listen when you're down, but not out the whole chip and a chair thing. I know everyone jokes about it. It is legit. We have seen people time and timing, and we just saw it the other day Chin or even nik wa GENTI I mean, don't Nick, I don't think it was down to two big bets. He was down to six, yeah, and Chino had a pile over there, and Chino was running his mouth, I mean in a friendly way, running his mouth, you know, talking crap, like having fun, all that sort of stuff. No, Nick stood strong and fought all the way back. And one here Jason Dwong fights all the way back and wins his first goal brace at one hundred and thirty thousand dollars as well, he topped a field of four hundred and ninety one entries. Adam Taiberski finished in second, Lawrence Robinson third in this one eighty six thousand dollars for Adam Tiberski, Lawrence Robinson fifty and nine K. We talked about it yesterday, but again Chris Unikan finishing eighth place. Had no idea he played limit hold him, had no idea he would ever be in a fifteen hundred dollars by a tournament period, So that was a surprise. And then Ian Johns finished in ninth place. There the three thousand dollars. Nolamit hold them freeze out? They are down to eight players?
Speaker 2: Yeah, eight players? Yeah, who do we got anyone? Brenett Bodanov is the chip leader, bracelet win. Varis kolev is in the drafted the wrong Borus. We did every time. Every time I go to the app and I look at the names, I look up Boris and I see Boris Cola and I'm like, God, damn it, we drafted the wrong Bores. And I honestly had Boris in some of my research, and I ultimately we picked Boris Angelo.
Speaker 1: It's the wrong one. Yeah, we got a blame Jonathan Tomorrow for the bors Angelot.
Speaker 2: Then come back tomorrow chasing four hundred and fifty one thousand for first. It's a nice little payday for players sitting fourth. Anatoly Nicotin, he what did he catched the fifty k or the twenty five k? One of those he just cashed like the other day. So he clearly hopped straight into this event. And then yeah, maybe catch the thirteenth in the twenty five k or ninety thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: There you go. I remember seeing him around there quite a bit. Ten thousand dollars plow high low eight or better championship. That's a mouthful. How much is PLO eight? Yes, that's better. Where are we at?
Speaker 2: Twenty seven players left from three hundred and eighty six entrance, whopping seven hundred and sixty three thousand dollars first prize.
Speaker 1: They're all in the money. Is this guarantee a record?
Speaker 3: I big?
Speaker 1: Is this field? I shouldn't say is it a record? I should say, how does this field compared to I.
Speaker 2: Think it will beg It feels big, but I think it's that big. Lots of legends still in Kwanzo, Chip Later second and Chips, Chris Fitch, Sean Dave, fifth and Chips, John Shuman, Eric Wassson, Phil Sternheim.
Speaker 1: Johnny Blessed, baby Brian. We need a chance. I need producer Rich. I need to make one of those soccer chance. No, no, no, but it's got to be. Rich is really good at this and and like he like, make it for John John Shrman. Okay, yeah right, we need we need it, Rich, We absolutely need it.
Speaker 2: Alan Kess, Brian Rass, Andy McLeod, Ronald Kaija, Matt Vangram ben Yu straight from the deuce, straight into this after busting today he's sitting nineteenth in chips.
Speaker 1: This name, I'm not so sure on and I wish I saw it earlier.
Speaker 2: If Guinny Timshenko, okay, I saw this in the app today, okay, and I was like, oh, clearly somebody changed their name to have Guinny Tamashenko another person that I saw.
Speaker 1: I think it was this tournament. They were at the top of the chip guns earlier. It said retracted like sill in that guy's skill in So but is that is that actually retracted or did they just change their name.
Speaker 2: I think his name is retracted. That's the code name. I think that's if Ganny is probably who would.
Speaker 1: No listen, Guiney. I went over there. I went over there and it was Guiney. And when I went over there, I ran to the bathroom and I was coming back and I saw you Guiney, and Daniel was at the other table. Is Daniel Stilling no yes, I don't know. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Daniel was at the table next to his and he comes over and he said something to ye Genny like oh, I haven't seen we haven't seen you in forever or something like that, and he asked him where he was and if Guenny was like he started to kind of try and answer, and Dan just goes, are you doing drugs? Are you doing drugs? Just you know Daniel, he just like goes in with crazy ship and Guinny's like kind of like, what, what's what's happening? He's like, no, no, no, I was. I was just in Europe for the past couple of summers and Dan was like, doing drugs just so random, But yeah, so it is legit, Getty, I mean obviously, yeah, he looks the same. I mean I I surefire recognized him right away. And I was immediately thinking, like we got to get a camera on. You're getting Team of Sanko, Like, where the heck has this guy been Team a Tanko? Remember that that series he was Remember when he was taken forever in the tournament? Do you remember that it was the Dubbest Speed main event. They were down to like three tables yeah, and Charlie from the tournament staff comes over because he knew we were doing this is the It was either the first second the first second year. We were doing hand for three tables because we were the freaking goats. Okay, hand for hand coverage three tables left in the doublet spamin event. Goat ship okay. So remember that we're doing that. And because we were doing that, you could tell which tables were ahead of the others and how fast tables were playing. So it was found out that like the one table I think it was, I think he might have been on the main feature, but that table was behind a lot and it was because of Guinea taking forever and they had to basically go up and be like, dude, you need to speed it up, like what are you doing? So and I remember, I remember Charlie, who was you know, he kept coming over because he was like the head tournament director, and he would kept coming over. He'd be like Peters, what's the update. And I would just show him the page, you know, the reporting page, and I'd be like, Okay, you know, this table's on hand twenty seven, this table's on hand eleven, you know, or whatever. He's like he would write it down on his spiecepaper and he would go back and then he would come back like twenty minutes later.
Speaker 2: But what's the update that would that kept happening. Yeah, that was the best when we did that that, I mean, it was it was fun, it was chaos. It was we were doing the outer table, so we didn't have stats of graphics, so we had two field reporters just running may hands.
Speaker 1: That's when the Jim guy almost hit Mickey happen. It might be our jib guy. Yeah, yeah, I remember. I remember Rich Ryan was doing it, producer Rich shout out he I mean, he this is this was the best. That was the best, is I see. I always thought that, like because we I remember, I remember we talked about it. I remember like that day we because I was running the team and I was like, guys, you think we can pull us off? And everyone was on board. Everyone's like, yeah, we can do it, Like we can get this done. You know, it's really no different than doing hand for hand on a single table. You just need to have you have enough people that can do it on your team, and you need to all be able to coordinate and like get it all on the blogs and just make sure that it's happening.
Speaker 2: You know those days though it was it was like there was a day where you and me I remember it might have been rich producer rich, but like I think Pava set us a challenge to do like X number of pages in a blog, and we just did it, like we wanted to challenge ourselves back then. And when you bring up, hey, let's try hand for hand three titles out, I was like, oh, yeah, let's try it.
Speaker 1: But it was like we wanted to, like we wanted to do it and make sure we like achieved it. Yeah, and we did it, and I think we did it for two years, yeah, and if I remember correctly, but I always thought my idea was like, Okay, we're gonna do this, and I remember the next year came up like okay, we're doing it again for sure. And then I just had always thought that, like you know, kind of every year you would like add a table. Essentially you would do four tables, then you would do five tables, like and eventually you get to like you're freaking hand for handing like thirty tables. It's like it's like day six of the main right, but like that that's how I thought like the evolution of live reporting would kind of go yeah, you know, because and a lot of it also was over Like as I'm running the team at Poker and New it was like, you pee, all these different people come up to you. They're like, oh, I have this app or I have this product, or I have this tablet or this system or whatever to that solve live reporting, and they all sucked. Nothing worked, okay, Like honestly that we would always revert to pad and paper and put right on our computer, you know, or if you had one of those like electric notepads, like that was good too.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Again, Producer Rich always ahead of the curve, he had one of those. Yeah. I always just thought that it would that's how it would like it would advance or progress, right, and it's it didn't. But that's I mean, that's fine whatever. But I just always thought that, you know, we'd get to like now, and then we could look back and we'd be like, remember when we started doing that, and look how crazy it is now when they're they're hand for hand and forty five tables and there's there's six thousand reporters here running around. I mean, it's kind of like that a tient right in a way. Yeah kind of. But yeah, and they and they did develop an appeah or their platform or whatever it is. I haven't personally worked with it, but you know they have like it's essentially an extra dealer standing behind the table, punching in all of the actions. Yeah, you know, so they definitely did develop and it is sick. Now. It does involve a lot of extra manpower, like you got to have an extra dealer or two or whatever it is for every single table. So that that's you know, much like we talk about in the studio, things are just more controlled. There's fewer tables. You can do certain things, whereas you know Doubsby Main Event Day one D when there's four hundred tables in play, like you can't do it then, yeah, I mean unless you want to hire four or five hundred people. But sure, you know, good luck with that. That's just ridiculous. Anyway. I have no idea where we are, but we're here, So all right, let's go, John Shorman. Did you already talk about first place in this event? Yes, so we did. So if if the PLO eight gets three hundred and eighty six entries, what is the ten k PLO get to get six fifty five? What did it get last year? Let me pull it up and who won last year? I wasn't lou Garza was here the year before.
Speaker 2: Or two fifty nine last year? What won by Sean Troja? So quite a big that's insanely bigger. Yeah, it's three eighty six this year. Yeah, and then the two fifty.
Speaker 1: K might have one hundred and ten entries. By the way, I have no idea what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: The ten thousand version is this is this the time of the summer when we say the main event is going to have eleven thousand.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 2: Ten k below had a billion people eight hundred and eleven. That was one by Elie Nakashi. Yeah, so that one's going to have something around that. Yeah, e eleven. Did we see a bit of a down. We saw a bit of a down in the half and half. We thought that might be higher because a lot of the Euros here.
Speaker 1: We we don't think that the twenty five k have enough. The new event would just be higher than what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm wonderful that I'm wondering, you know, Like I was out there today, I didn't see the Yonis and the Elias.
Speaker 1: Now I know they don't play. Every time I see Yoni's Instagram, he's on some gold. Yeah, he's got he's got the best life. So will they be here in time for the ten k?
Speaker 2: Or are they waiting for the bigger stuff, the fifty to twenty five, the hundred. You know, maybe they don't get out of bed for a ten k anymore. We're not really sure with these guys. The finish Jason Coons. Yeah, so we'll see with that one. But your massive increase in massive, massive shout out the plow White Championship.
Speaker 1: Shout out massive. All right, Thomas Boyven over in the one hundred k high Roller. This is another one of those events that bags at like, you know, six pm or some crazy so everyone can get home for dinner. But he busted Jesse Lonis, I believe, on the last hand of play to take the chip lead. Thomas Boyven has three point eight million. I don't even know how to say this name, nor have I ever even seen it in my life. Emilion Patavi, who's that?
Speaker 2: He's been playing the like he's beading the Day two coverage for US. I don't think he's made the stream yet, but he's been playing well. Good benchman, I think right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Second Chips Jia Vira, we all know him. Third Chips Vinni Lingham, who spent plenty of time on high stakes poker, is in fourth. Brandon Steven also on I S this is this is the high stakes poker tournament. See this is a ninth place. Chris Unickan this is more big. He must have miss click registered the living. I really like seeing this name in sixth place. It makes me feel kind of all kind of warm, warm and tingling tice. Wow, like the kid's all grown up. I feel like he's playing one hundred k's, he's playing fifty k's twenty five k like he's he's made it. I love it. It warms my It's like it's like poker's little kid is just growing up before our eyes and we are sending him off to high school, you know, or maybe this is sending him off to college. I don't know, whatever it is. He's he's growing up before our eyes, and it's just it's just simply incredible. Isaac Hackxton has a stack, not Joe Barbaro. I'm sure that's an absolute party, Jeremy Osmas. Come on, Jeremy, let's go, buddy. Come on. You know funny thing. I got my haircut today, as you know. And the woman who cuts my hair, who is best friends with my wife her this is this is a long o god thing. Her brother, her brother's kids are friends with Jeremy's kids. Okay, so she knows Jeremy like through this connection. But she was asking me today, She's like, oh, I haven't seen Jeremy's name anywhere. Yeah, because he hasn't done shit. Okay, he isn't anything. And I know because we spend one hundred and forty one dollars on him and twenty five ky fansy and he hasn't done much. So let's go now. That said, I'm not worried about it yet. Jeremy's going to do plenty of stuff this summer. It's still early, Okay. This event is number thirty eight. Remember there are one hundred gold Bracelet events. Okay, I think Jeremy is in for some big stuff still this year. D Nags also bagged chips in this tournament. Set Davies also on our team. Here we go, he also bagged chips, So let's go, and then I'm guessing this one we'll have, you know, I don't know a dozen or two dozen Max lay Red and all that sort of stuff. Fifteen hundred dollars Monster stack, how many this thing get?
Speaker 2: Alright, so far, eighteen hundred and seventy three entrance Statman's four hundred and seventy six are through to day two. Biggest noteb I saw was poker Face Ash She's she's a lugger. She's up there in the top twenty. Cherish Andrews thirty third in chips, Andreospachenko fresh off his runner out, finished forty first.
Speaker 1: In chips, andros A Chenko, you know, crushing.
Speaker 2: Crushing now eighteen hundred players last year twenty three hundred players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they have the extra plate. We've got an extra fly.
Speaker 2: And there's been some big one days over at the Aria, over at our friends Paul Campell, Ryan Kirk over there crushing some big one one day one keys and stuff.
Speaker 1: Mystery Bounie's here and there.
Speaker 2: So you know, knowing that there's four flights with the monsters, that you probably expect a few of those guys to to dabble in in some of those one dayers in these early days. So last year Monsterstak had a total of eighty seven hundred players. You know who might be your We're in some of those one days, Uh, Steven Song, Jeremy Becker because he bagged in the Monster Stack. Yeah, he was here on the rail for a while. I feel like he's on and then go play like a couple of Ario one days between.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was. He was sweating Nick Shulman. Is Nick's on the fantasy team. No, I'm pretty sure Nick is on team Splash Sports who had a freaking day because they have Yeah, it's Nick is on there to Nick and Jason Kuhn are on this team. Wow, they on top. No, they're not on top, but they're in second.
Speaker 2: That's the Monster Stack numbers obviously right now trending to be lower than last year.
Speaker 1: But we know that's good. Not gonna yes, but also at least I thought Colossus was gonna get up to last year and then it felt pretty short. So the money, the money structure, it's the structure too. Yes, it's the money. The structures. Also, I would be curious, is this structure the same and they simply just added a day for the.
Speaker 2: Monster Stack for the Monster well, what I found out today and I think this is not Rosemont but a colleague of ours, Jason, the guy that we you know good Snacks Rum.
Speaker 1: He was playing the Monster Stack today. Wow. Now he was going to maxilate. No wonder the snacks have sucked.
Speaker 2: She was going to maxilate with twenty bigs and we were looking at the app together. He only had to play one level before they bagged.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah.
Speaker 2: Now we were like, is the app wrong? It's a structure sheet wrong. But like we thought that was a little weird.
Speaker 1: I wish it. Let's see if he bagged.
Speaker 2: So, you know, that seems very odd to me that you would play that long, that you'd have such late registration and then only played one hour after that. Looks like he bagged twenty six k eight big blinds, so he's through to day two. Nice little hour of work there to make day two.
Speaker 1: So that's to me to be weird. I'm looking at the structure sheets for last year and this year. It looks the same. I got fifty thousand starting stack, sixty minute levels, you started one hundred, two hundred. Everything looks the same, registration same. Let me look at that. Where's it say that late registation ten levels, ten levels yep on day one, same eleven levels, So weird, right, both? Yeah, I mean everything seems the exact same in this one. Yeah. Both. You know, they did the thing where it's anyway, they did the thing where you can re enter the next flight, so freeze out per flight. Oh okay, that's what remember, that's what they do in the Monstack. And everyone always asks Kevin Math eight thousand times yep on social media if if you can re enter in a Monster stack. So yeah, so this one does look identical structures. Forgive me if I am wrong, but looking at it does look the same. So I would say that because it's the same and they added another flight, I think they'll at least meet last year, if not top it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I also think that they got a nice starting window, not running this in the middle of the week, kicking it off on Thursday. So I think this one's going to be quite big and people love this tournament. I always wanted to play it. I've never been able to because it takes like it once. It takes like seven days if you go deep. Not that I'm ever going to go deep, but you know, I always just I like to, you know, in my head have a little fantasy, you know, future projection that I'm going to go deep, but you know that's never gonna happen. The fifteen horse, I go, I got the up there for you. Get it up baby.
Speaker 2: On a day to one hundred and ninety five playes Yeah, but you've already saying.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah that's my boy, Nico Baby.
Speaker 2: I eat hundred sixty seven entrance to about sixty from the money thirteen chips, as you said, by this especial celebrating Nicko.
Speaker 1: See the best he might be. I mean he's he's the greatest. The guy is. The guy is awesome. Another another notable up there, Greg Mule eighteen chips and Drew Kelso Ryan last Horse. Yeah, he place horse. I've seen him play horse. Oh my gosh. Calvan Andersen I did get yelled at the other day for saying that Josh Reiker plays Piolo like I questioned it and I got yelled at. Wow. But yeah, that doesn't mean they play it well. I know that is true. One hundred ninety seven k there for first eight sixty seven. Have a quick look. Freaking good is Nico man? This guy is the best. So here we go. This is interesting.
Speaker 2: Eighty sixty seven only a small increase last year thirty two entrants more.
Speaker 1: But that's that's what that's that's fine.
Speaker 2: That was one by Phil Hoe, by the way, for Crusher one ninety three k in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: They're bagging up over in that Plowe. Yeah. Do they have the chip guns in yet? Probably not. We got to know how Johnny Johnny Shortman did. What else are we missing today? Sure? Just just the just the best, the hit rate that we have for sub five dollars players, and this should drop sub five I should really just have sub five dollars players. It's just simply incredible, it really is. It's absolutely incredible. You're gonna talk about tomorrow's events.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we've got the the Sweet lou Special, the Limit Hold Them Championship. He came and got a lucky hold on.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 4: Oh that?
Speaker 2: I was really confused. I was like, wait, Lou is playing Limit the Sweet Loue. He came and got a hat from us yesterday. I believe in preparation for the Limit Hold Them Championship, which is playing with Chi final table. I believe last year, so that kicks off Limit Hold Them Championship. That's the afternoon event. Now in the morning, I mean, obviously we have the Day one B the month SAC, but we have the five thousand dollars by Seniors high Roller, and this is one of the events on the schedule that I kind of marked that. Let's see how this app does. Are we going to see the scene is just jumping now before.
Speaker 1: It's your new sea draws on your phone. I can't see it.
Speaker 2: I can't get yeah exactly, but I'm gonna look at this singing is hyrolla nine hours away? Right ten hours away? They've already got one hundred and thirty one players registered.
Speaker 1: In the course of course, they're all gonna meet for fucking pastries and coffee in the fucking way at eight thirty am. What are you talking about it? I have newspapers.
Speaker 2: I often scroll the app to see how many people register, and you know, like salute to wires for example.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, I always think it's twenty nine. I go into the appsentime and I'll be like, oh, one hundred k high Roller who's registered? Yeah, exactly. The scen is day one sixty eight already.
Speaker 2: So this thing is we might be thinking all this wrong, but they may be on top of everything when it comes to the verification.
Speaker 1: The WS people, for sure, they're they're they're more organized. They're gonna get things sorted at time. They're gonna be your normal pocaviers and show up day of and screw you know. Look, we might still have an issue. How many people are register for the ten K limit? Hold them two?
Speaker 2: Who do we think they are? Sweet lou is he Yeah, I know, I haven't looked yet. And then Terrence Chan. Those are my two guesses, gonna say Matt Grapen thing. Okay, so I got Sweet Lou, I like, I like Hillman and Terrence Chan. I should take one more then give me. Oh no, I got no one. Yeah, we don't know either of these. Alex Tori, Riley Rosengren.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we tried, We tried. Is there anyone signed up for the two fifty k? Jason kuons White, Well, let's find it. Where When is that that's coming up soon? Right? Yeah? It starts on the fifteenth. I heard one play.
Speaker 2: Oh this is gonna be I'll say, David Peters. But I'm saying that because I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've seen him registered only too. He was one of the two players registered for the letter. I saw that too. I'm going to take the other person that was registered, Belcher or whatever his name. Take Belcher. Okay, I got it. Register for everything. He might have registered. Yea, he might be that guy. He just register everything and can withdraw. Right. Remember when you used to I heard a story. I have no idea if this is confirmed or not, but back at the Rio, you could register for tournaments and they would give you the food comp the food come didn't Alan Kestler like register for all of them and then get the food comps and then if you if you just don't play it, you still get the company. Yeah, exactly. Yeah. If that's not true, I'm sorry, but that's what I heard. Definitely allegedly I'm saying allegedly Alan. Okay, he's saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it to Alan, but definitely you could do that and get the food comps that I had also heard that.
Speaker 1: Alan, Well, I'm gonna say that if anyone did do that, is is Alans for sure? Uh? Yeah? The senor is tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The limit had them championship Day one of the month, second most importantly too, of the hundred k that we astream me on Poker Go kicking off at about four point thirty cards in the s seven pm stream, that's gonna be a good one to watch, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm going to be a Venetian for the early part of the day, putting the here at I'll tell you this right now. As much as I love doing commentary over at the Venetian, because I do, I really do, I just you guys know how I am. I don't like to be pulled away from the World Series. I want to be here. I want to be in it. This is the greatest tournament series in the world. I want to be here until they pry me off of this place or off the floor like I want. I want to be here, I want, And then when I come in late, I feel like I'm just all out of swords. I gotta figure out what the heck is going on. So, yeah, Senior's high Roller? How many did it get last year? That was in Mark Chekwitz run it. He was dressed. I think we'reing a cookie monster off it, something like something whackl like that.
Speaker 2: Well, it was after the other seniors event, so that I think matters had before.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it had six hundred and eighty players. Isn't that weird? Like why wouldn't you go like seniors super seniors seniors high roller because then people that cash for good money in the seniors and the super seniors then just throw it into the senior's highroller. Yeah, obviously that is the smartest way to do it. Also, different siroller be ten k. Didn't they just have a ten k? They just had a ten K seniors hiroller at the win. Yeah, but last year as it was five K, I like five K though I like the five hit price one.
Speaker 2: Uh, this year's Seniors Championship, I should actually check last year, but it's starting off the Father's Day. Previous years it has started kind of on that Father's Day weekend. But yet the high roller before is a little odd. But you know, like we've kind of touched on with the additional flights in some of these kind of bigger field events, you know, things have had to be slotted in spots where they're not normally used to. So sure it is a giant puzzle piece, just like the MLB's schedule or any kind of the NFL schedule and anything like that same kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So they're doing their best.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think that will affect the numbers definitely, and we'll kind of I guess we'll kind of gauge that tomorrow and then into day two when prize pool and all that kind of stuff is set.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what the worst tournament on the schedule was coming up, and it is hands down the worst tournament. For what reason would you say that? Come on, man, I'm trying to get in your head about chop one tournament off of the schedule. This wouldn't be me. It was a fifteen hundred limit. Hold them, No, that one is way better than what I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: Give me one sick, give me one sick coming up. You're not going to say that because you would get yelled at. What would I can yell at about if you wanted to chop the salute to Warriors Charity?
Speaker 1: You know, And I like, you're gonna say that for some bro?
Speaker 4: Get this?
Speaker 1: What hot nonsense? I can't handle. That's a classic. It's been around forever. Yeah I know it, Yeah, yeah, you know it should be extinct like the dinosaurs getting out of here. This is the tournament every time I hear people play it, they all they do is complain about it the whole time. That's the why it's the best. It's a giant pain in the ass to cover. It's hard to follow. It feels like it's never ending. It feels like you're just walking in quicksand the whole time with is non stop split pots. No see, y'all.
Speaker 2: I canna tell you the numbers for the events. Sure, that's incredible. Five hundred and then lost four to six year before that. That took a couple of years off four O one four O two four our five three eighty four four seventy four four seven.
Speaker 1: This event performs. Okay, if you were to chop one tournament off the skin fife, I P limit hold all right, i'm r I P the Oe tournament. Is that all we got? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, we're streaming tomorrow. We'll streaming today Thursday, June twelfth, seven pm. We're gonna pick up day two coverage of the hundred K. That's the important watch.
Speaker 1: It on go. How many hats do you give out?
Speaker 2: That that's the next I gave out a lot of hats, gave one guy I wanted two hats because he's friend asked him to get one at the same time.
Speaker 1: He was good, Yeah, I allowed it if that's if this happens. Okay, I don't know if this is a thing because you're Australian and but like in the school system when you were like out of school, you had to bring a doctor's note. Yeah. Yeah, like if you're claiming to have for yourself, okay and your buddy, I need a note from the buddy, like I need a note. It needs to be handwritten, signed. We don't have to go as far as notarizing it, but he should have the password on it and all that sort of stuff. Yeah. Now, I understand there might be some shenanigans that go on with that. Maybe there's forgery, maybe there's not. But I still want a handwritten note from the front. Hey, I couldn't make it because I'm stick in bed. This is why, signed Jim Smith from Iowa. Yeah, family, I think that's fine. Handnotes people are. We ain't giving up multiple hats. I've had a lot of hats today gave us.
Speaker 2: I gave out one to I believe his name was Sam, gave out Probably messed that up last year's hats because a couple of people didn't get it, and we still have some of those. So if you miss out on this hat and you didn't get last years, we still have that. We have some of those. Yeah, gave out a few. I would say we have forty six left. I'm completely guessing, but you know, I just had a DM from a poker player right right. Henson was like, hey, can I get a hat? Password is this?
Speaker 1: Said?
Speaker 2: All right, well, you have to come tell me where you're sitting. I can't just bring it to Houston or something use that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he's playing. I haven't seen it a few days. So yeah, we do have seal some come get them, you know, justin.
Speaker 1: Zaggie get his head. No, no, yeah, I haven't seen him.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's been busting to theaments early because he left these guddamn lucky hand on the ground. One guy actually was wearing the first year's hat, right, the og hat, and he said, as he tracked me down, I'm walking back to our area to give him the hat. Some of the guy comes running down the hall. He's like, family, family, Can I get one too? I was like, yeah, no, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: For him, and they were saying, yeah, lucky you hat. You know I'm gonna I just got into town. I'm playing tomorrow the guy that was running odd ones. Well, the trick is you have to rub the logo, you know, before you tell the car, so before you go all in.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try that next time I play and I wear that hat.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we given about We're given at least half the hats, maybe a few more. So if you are in town and you want one, please come by. We are not playing any favorites, no favoritism. You have to come here and get it. Say the the magic words family Pot. You met you, you gave one to Zach Zach Gilbert, Yes, I did that, gave one to him, yep.
Speaker 1: He told me he met you. Yep, when I was a Revenetian.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so we probably need a family pot story soon too, don't really haven't you know what I've got to You know, it's my son's birthday this weekend turns nine. Going back to we've gone to those was the jumping Castle, the explode zone, exploded sky zone, we got the trampolines in the ground. Okay, we've been there last four years doesn't want to change his birthday party venue. And what it means is, after leaving here at three am, I have to go sleep four hours, wake up, drive him to this thing, and I'm obviously going to jump around, so I'm tired. I'm gonna get sweaty, maybe throw out my back or pull a hamstring, chasing kids, and then come here for fifteen sixteen hours to work with you. So I'm sure something's going to developed from that today, and maybe that's our first family part.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I'm looking forward to it. I'll try and drum on myself, but for that, we're out here for this episode. His name is Tim Duckworth. My name is done. We didn't wait, wait, we didn't mention the poker pea cus Oh my god, hold on, rewind, okay, go ahead. We talked about the poker peak cards. I ordered some.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, right, if you guys can see them here, right, I can't believe these are actually real things. You got there? You take those ones. It's got the peaks on all four sides, so you know you don't look at it like that.
Speaker 1: You peak it. That's the whole point. No, no, no, you got it wrong.
Speaker 2: What do you mean I'm peaking the corner. No, you don't look at them like normal cards. You look at them, you put them like this, and then you're just like, look at the bottom.
Speaker 1: That's what I was doing. Look, I'm peaking from any side. That's the literally peeling up the corner. That's the beauty of them. You know, you got every side, you can look at them. These are the poker peaks. We are for sure going to get a message in the morning from producer Richmond like, what the hell was the last fifteen minutes of this.
Speaker 2: Podcast and I brought this to so put some batteries, you guys are going to save this time. May take a picture of Milwaukee best Light.
Speaker 1: There's a reason these cards did not survive. I mean, look at these things. They're hideous.
Speaker 2: If you guys are listening, this is the time to tune into the YouTube version. But for you guys watching Milwaukee best Light, this is a meeting. I'm going to try and describe this. So mini be a can about an inch and a half tall, but it's a torch. Push the little button here. Okay, you can't really see this, but maybe I'll do it on the hat.
Speaker 1: So what the torch is.
Speaker 2: It's the WSP logo and it says twenty two thousand and seven WSP Main Event. So this is what we got when we played the main event. I played the main event this year that year. You can kind of see you say, look, it's pretty cool. Okay, let's let's get out of here. I can't sit here with Daniel bubblehead, Daniel with that Burgo podcast, with our timing cention, with out it's overnight, and that poker peacause the set is slowly building.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a ginormous set come July sixteenth, A ginormous set, he says, come July sixth. Look we are the best of these things. We've got a plant.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: You know, what do you do with all the aces? Huh? What do you do all the other over there? All right, all right, that's Tim Duckworth. I am Donnie Peters. We'll talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: J Well