Speaker 1: He Welcome to Buns and Banter, a podcast by work Busties for work Busties. Hey, I'm Lauren and I'm Ali. We're both morning show hosts for iHeartMedia. We're both millennials, and we're both trying to figure out how to build the lives we dream about, dating, marriage, career, career and being a mom.
Speaker 2: How to get through a week without crying.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Buns and Banter.
Speaker 2: We're glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Shoes off, filters off.
Speaker 2: Oh, isn't that just? Oh?
Speaker 1: Welcome into it?
Speaker 2: How goes it?
Speaker 1: How are we doing? How we feeling? I'm pretty okay? How are you? That was like a huge You just got off of a huge load of work with faster horses. You did a phenomenal job.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Thank you for seeing us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I try to throw a heart where where I can.
Speaker 2: We love that.
Speaker 1: It takes a lot of work.
Speaker 2: You're just the best hype girl. It was a great weekend. I was only there on Sunday because I was at a wedding. Oh yeah, which was fantastic, very cool, a venue that I had never been to in West Michigan, and I just like I love watching my people get married.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I will say one of the things that I especially love about weddings is like just the vows that people write or that they choose to go with for different yeah, occasions and ceremonies and stuff. This particular couple wrote their own vows and exchanged them in private, which I thought was so sweet. And then like we got the do you take so and so.
Speaker 1: Typical legality side of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they had like their own price, which I thought was a nice touch. I had never seen that before.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fabulous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like man, love was in the air. People got engaged at faster horses.
Speaker 1: I thought you were about to stay at the wedding. I'm like, oh no, okay, good.
Speaker 2: No, not at the wedding, but at faster horses, which see that. I love that. I love that for people. I love love. That is my personal nightmare.
Speaker 1: It's like jumbo tron proposals.
Speaker 2: For me, like jumbo tron sports events proposals stuff like that, where it's like so public. I just like can't I can't get on board personally, but like I love seeing it in public, and I love like celebrating that with people. I just like, would not want it for myself.
Speaker 1: Chris and I remember our proposal story so differently, and he constantly tells me I'm wrong. I'm like, there's no way I would ever have forgotten this part of our proposal. So he proposed to me in Chicago, which is important to me. My dad's from there. We used to take family trips all the time. His entire side of the family is still there were Chicago sports fans. So Chris actually took me to my first ever Blackhawks game.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd never gotten to see a hockey game at the United Center. I'd seen the Bulls play there, but I'd never seen the Hawks. It was really cool, really really fun night. And then we got out and there were no ubers, no lifts, nothing, not even like a regular taxi. So we figured we'd just hook it back downtown to our hotel, which was miles and I don't do distance well in my brain, so it's like, oh, it'll be like a six minute john And it was like an hour and a half to get back to where we were.
Speaker 2: And he's got the ring in he got.
Speaker 1: The ring in his pocket. He had the ring all night and he was acting a little strange, which now like looking back, you realize, and he we were crossing the bridge.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I I believe you made him walk miles downtown Chicago with a with your beautiful ring in his pocket. He's probably like, oh my god. Of course, the one time we get mugged in Chicago.
Speaker 1: His plan, as it turns out later, he was going to take me to the Sears Tower. It's the handcocked her or whatever it is now, the one that you get to go off, and like he was going to do it up there. Oh no, because he's such a planner. Google it during the game and it was like spring hours. This is closed at four pm. And he's like, oh, so that's not happening. So we're walking back and I'm sure he's trying to figure out how to do it. We're crossing this bridge and he figures it's really pretty. The moon is how we've got the skyline on either side. So I love that, right, And he goes and proposes to me, and it was very nice. Like I didn't believe it at first, and so it was just us on the bridge and I didn't realize that there was a gentleman dealing with homelessness that was also there, and he was the first one to congratulate us.
Speaker 2: And he went so nice but Eagles, Hey, man.
Speaker 1: That's a nice land you got there. He refuses, He does not say that that happened. I'm like, there is no way I just made up a person that was on this bridge. He's like, he was just a person walking by. He said, no, that was his home that we were like standing in proposing to.
Speaker 2: But he was lovely in that man's house.
Speaker 1: We went about ours and that's our story was it's very it's very cris mm. But we didn't actually do vows. Had a big old Catholic mass to make my parents happy. Yeah, and so we did, you know, the traditional whatever they allow you to do or say. I did not say obey. I refuse that part. I was like, well, we can switch that to agree upon things, compromise, but we're not going to obey. But we actually wrote each other letters, which I really liked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so cute.
Speaker 1: Open them right before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did that, big fan man. Weddings are just like, there's so much to them.
Speaker 1: Starting to do a lot of thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. You know, sometimes it just like comes up in conversation and it's like, let's talk about it. Yeah, let's talk about it. Which is so wild because for such a long time I was just like so anti marriage, anti kids, and Jimmy is in finance, so I like ask I asked him a lot of financial questions, like what's a budget and how much money should I have? You know, just the basics.
Speaker 1: That's why we are looking for a man in finance, the basics. Five blue eyes, one out of three, A bad babe, one on a three am bad. He's gonna be mad at me.
Speaker 2: I said that. But the other day we were just like talking because like, you know, after we started dating, spent six months. By the way, hey so many if you ask me. But he doesn't count it from that day. He counts it from the day we define the relationship.
Speaker 1: So we'll go with it, all right, I guess say seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But like when we first started dating, I had opened like a brokerage account to save for like a bigger purchase, and in my mind it was like for a wedding. Yeah, And he was like when do you open that? Why do you open it? So like of course, he wants like all the like, Oh, I just knew you were the one.
Speaker 1: That's like weirdly romantic, like, Babe, when did you open your brokerage?
Speaker 2: Can't Oh my god, that's probably such a turn on for him.
Speaker 1: I bet it. Oh absolutely, oh.
Speaker 2: Right over my head.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. He probably sits at night and like goes through potential numbers and the things. Oh my god. Yeah, Oh i'd be so great.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, though, because surprisingly, for like a finance guy, he's like very nonchalant and just like very go with the flow on finances and stuff like that, Like he doesn't you know. I'm like, if you want to have the financial conversations, like I'll I'll have the conversations. And he's like, we don't need to talk about it until we're filing taxes jointly. And that is just like so bizarre to me that like a finance guy would be like I don't care, who cares. We can wait. I'm like, all right, that's nice. Cool, I'm a dumpster fire. Now I'll be a dumpster fire. Then no worries. If you wanted to get a handle on this early should probably intervene, but we'll chance it.
Speaker 1: You know how to extinguish part of that fire. Just don't question any of the boxes that show up in the shipment's on the front porch.
Speaker 2: Because I'm also like trying to get a new car. Right now, we're a car because I am riding around in the Star one of five point seven Dodge Journey. You see me around town, the.
Speaker 1: Mom fan yep, if you see her around town, it's not me.
Speaker 2: It's not Smitty. I wish, which I did. I did feel bad the other day. I was driving this station Maybe I shouldn't say this out loud, but you know, not everyone knows how to drive that drives, and there was someone in front of me who didn't know how to drive, and like I honked, and like I totally forgot that I was in a station vehicle. And I was like, ooh, I probably shouldn't have honked in the station vier. I probably should have just waited for them to realize that the light was green. But places to go, people to see, so just a little beep beep, And then I was like, oh shit, not only am I in a station vehicle, I'm not even in my own station vehicle to take the heat if it comes down they probably would think I was you.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I'm great with enlightening PDPs. That's what I call them. People driving poorly And if it takes a good beat babe to remind you that the light is indeed green, and green means go, you do that all day in that mom bangirl. You know what, I'm making the world a better place.
Speaker 2: Well, pretty soon, I'm gonna have a new vehicle if I ever figure out the budget. But you know, we're Jimmy and I were talking about like what my monthly payment would be and like what the down payment would be, and he was like, okay, well does this fit in your budget? And I'm like, well, it all fits in the budget. You just got to move stuff. And he's like, okay, wait, now your take home pay. And he's like trying to explain a budget to me like I'm a two year old, which I appreciate because you should's that is how you should explain things to me when it comes to finance.
Speaker 1: I'm still like counting eminem's to remind me of my math skills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's helpful. Food would help. Food would help, just like from a like from a visual perspective and all so I am food motivated. So then but he's like, so what do you what do you spend? Like what do you spend a month on? Like your your must haves like your you know, your house note and your bills and your groceries. I don't know who.
Speaker 1: No, I don't either.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know that I don't always buy impulse purchases right like Dorito's are a treat.
Speaker 2: And he's like, how do you what do you? Like? I can see in his brain that this makes no sense because he's like, how do you keep track of anything? And I'm like, I don't really. I just kind of like hope it all works out, and like so far it has been.
Speaker 1: I figure one day I'm gonna die and it won't be my problem anymore.
Speaker 2: You can't take it with you know how all millennials are living? Right? No? What? But yeah, we had a good We had a good laugh over that. Although I feel like he was laughing at me and not with me, remains to be seen. Oh so helpful, so helpful.
Speaker 1: We've got to pivot for a minute because I need to ask if you think what I think about what's happening at work?
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: I think we've got a discgruntled employee.
Speaker 2: Could be any one of us?
Speaker 1: Is this not anyone of the eight of us? So that's where this straw your suspect pool begins.
Speaker 2: This is not admissible in a quarter of law. By the way, that was kidding. I was just joking.
Speaker 1: Good disclaimer.
Speaker 2: I was just joking. What is it?
Speaker 1: What's the SVU beginning? Like all parties are Oh no, that's cops. All parties until proven guilty. I think this is the pettiest slash most hilarious.
Speaker 2: It was inconvenient, they but also it just like was so annoying.
Speaker 1: Yes, so inconvenient. We have a water cooler at work, like most places, Gordon Water shout them out. Somebody broke both spigots off of the water cooler so we couldn't get water. And it happened sometime. I got water at twelve thirty two pm on Friday. The spigots were not there four two am Monday.
Speaker 2: Monday, and like, I just like, who's here on the weekend?
Speaker 1: And I don't even know how, Like did they just snap them off? I guess because then somebody we're like, well we can't get our tap water?
Speaker 2: Is no. They have told us point blank, do not drink the water out of the taps. These are old pipes, they're probably lead. We don't need a lawsuit. Don't do it.
Speaker 1: No, no mesothelioma and lead in this body. So we need the water cooler, and so I came up with the idea because we also couldn't find the handles. Someone ditched the evidence. There was just no way to get water out. So we've been using needle nosed pliers, yeah, to like weirdly pull it up, and then even then it's just a slight dribble into the cup. And I'm thinking to myself, this has to be someone that hates working here, but don't take it out on the rest of us just to be a fly on the wall. I want to know who it was.
Speaker 2: I really would like to know, or if it.
Speaker 1: Was an accident, what made you so mad that you were going to get water out of the cooler and you were just like crack, try to like get the water out.
Speaker 2: But there are so many things that happen here that are just so questionable, that are so questioned such a good term like I leave here at least bi weekly thinking like what must be home lives of some of our esteemed colleagues. Look like, if you're willing to do that and work in front of people that you like, no, but you don't know no, Yeah, yeah, does that give you a little bit more mental freedom because you don't really know us, so you don't care. Because for me, it's the opposite, Like I am much more buttoned up around people that I don't know than people that I do know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's a wild I just don't I don't understand it. And we were talking about this on one of my shows because I'm like, man, people must have insane stories about what happened when a coworker was fired or let go or whatever happened. Because you remember the one sales rep we had to call the police. Oh I do remember that too, pre COVID and I got a DMS or rough one. They literally told us to steer clear of the lobby because of the unfolding situation. You have to have more in your life than a job to get to that point. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And there have been a lot of people who have been let go from here that like they've been let go, but they don't let goo. Yeah, they just like yup, and I'm like, listen, I love working here, don't get me wrong. Yeah, but if I get fired from this place, I am not going to spend any more time thinking about it. Or at least that's how I feel now. Now. Talk to me after I get fired, and then maybe I'll change my mind. Maybe it'll be my personal mission to like.
Speaker 1: Not that we're inviting this karma in.
Speaker 2: But no, no, no, no, never never, But I just like some people go full scorched earth, yes, and not even like specifically here, although it does seem like it has happened with quite a few people who have been invited to leave, but in all workplaces. And I get it, like if something really really shady and like you're terminated with and it was completely uncalled for or I don't even know what situation that would be, but it just seems like, why would you waste any more time on it?
Speaker 1: It's insane. I'll be happy. Go be happy, Go be happy. Go you know what, you just need to go. It's the same thing that parents hear about kids, like if your kids are having a hard time, add nature or water. One of those two things will work. Either take them outside, run some energy off, go for a walk, play out in the backyard, or like draw bath, or just give them a water bottle to hydrate water. Nature always fixes a good always fixes a mode.
Speaker 2: That's a good tip.
Speaker 1: It's a good tip and it works for adults too. It's like, who step outside? Because I got a message when I was talking about this from Catherine. I don't know if that's her real name or not, because she wouldn't tell me where she worked. And one of her managers got fired after a really bad situation with their CEO, and before he left, he emailed everyone everybody's salaries. That is scorched earth. Can you imagine if you just got a random email that was like piece out moufucker's and it had a list of what every person in your office makes for what they do?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I would love to see that list.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh, like petty and terrible, but do it?
Speaker 2: But like the robin hood of yeah mmm.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god. And to be so planned on it too right to run to your email before they could shut you off and be like did you do send?
Speaker 2: See? I just I don't know if there is any like one thing that I would like if I knew it was coming, and I knew they were gonna do it. I don't know. Nothing comes to mind for me that I would like want to do like on my way out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm and I don't have the guts. I'm not confrontational. I have thought about though, like the song I would play on my phone as my own personal exit music. Yep, do tell it would be something upbeat, and it would probably it would probably be I don't know, either like like a Lizzo I'm feeling good, or like we're like way back, like a Oh my god, what was her name? I can see her face and she always did like walking down town faces past d D.
Speaker 2: Vanessa Carlton Carlton.
Speaker 1: It would probably be something stupid like that where I just felt like a late nineties early two thousands montage after like Anne Hathaway left her job in the Double Wars Prada. I think all the time about what my music that i'd have playing off my phone, not in headphones. I would want everyone to hear it and watch me walk to the beat as I get on the elevator to leave my job.
Speaker 2: You know, I'd be filming it to.
Speaker 1: Send you later. It's really something fun to think about your exit theme song hollo.
Speaker 2: Oates you make my dreams come true? Good? What that's a really good one. But that I mean, see, I'd be so busy with that.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even think about breaking off water spigotts so the rest of my former staff and colleagues had no water to drink.
Speaker 2: It's just such a bizarre, very specific thing crime if you will that. I kind of feel like it wasn't premeditated. It must have been an accident. But to do both, but to do both like what I thought the same thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh okay, but they're both off.
Speaker 2: And if it had happened by accident, possibly.
Speaker 1: You would have left the handles.
Speaker 2: Would you have told old people like if if you had done this by accident, would you have been like, uh oh.
Speaker 1: Oh no, actually I wouldn't have. I don't know how much those cost.
Speaker 2: I mean, they can't be.
Speaker 1: I didn't budget for a new water court this year.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, I don't know how much they would.
Speaker 1: I would just be so nervous that they'd be like, okay, well it's gonna be five thousand dollars out of your next paycheck, and I'd be like, so that would be my next nine paychecks. So no, I wouldn't say anything, but I'm just curious. I'm just curious what's happening. Maybe there's something we can do to help.
Speaker 2: I saw a meme online today speaking of workplace drama, drama about this woman, and this could be totally made up, but I like memes, love them. I read them. This made me go, that's wild.
Speaker 1: I believe them.
Speaker 2: Same. This woman was like, hey, we just had like a new supervisor start at work, and like, I'm a direct report to this person. Turns out it's a guy I matched with on dating apps last year and he had sent.
Speaker 1: Me dick pics. No, what a welcome packet.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my god, who would that be more awkward for it the guy reporting to the job or the girl who received the dick pics.
Speaker 1: It depends, I would say, the guy reporting to the job.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think, I don't care. I don't think that if they have another thought in their brain after they send them. I think they just like, well, Okay, see you later.
Speaker 1: It's like sending a pick of like a big fish who caught yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I think they carry about their carry a go on about their day.
Speaker 1: That's so weird. I would be like, as the as a woman, I would think it was hysterical, and I would bring up different ways to be like, so, what do you think you can offer this this place? What's what is? What's your hope to rise through the ranks? Which, please don't send me like unsolicited dpicts. That's not I'm not but i'd probably him a little bit of fun with it. See, it's a bold move. It is you never know who you're especially like our industry is so incestual. It feels like I'd be so scared to do that.
Speaker 2: Never again. Don't date your coworkers.
Speaker 1: Don't do it, And that could be an entire new episode.
Speaker 2: It is not fun experience. No vow.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think like vows, now's and no's.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It's not something. There's your tip. Oh that's funny. I'd say that during the deep conversation.
Speaker 2: See, hey, so nice to meet you. I've got a couple tips for working here.
Speaker 1: God, I can't believe we're not in management yet.
Speaker 2: It's really it's shocking and surprising and yeah, transitioning, Oh did you have a bachelorette party I did.
Speaker 1: Where was it? It was friends themed, which is fun, and my friend hosted it at her house. We did a weekend, but everything was like hubbed at her house. We did a beach day, we went out one night, but stayed at her house. Did a bunch of things at her house.
Speaker 2: That's so nice.
Speaker 1: It was really really cool.
Speaker 2: Uh Oh, I'm going on a bachelorette party for my best friend. She's getting married in November, and we're going to Vermont. Oh and we have like, uh so stunning. We've got like this cabin. I think it's by water. I don't know. We're doing like boat stuff one day and like the highlight of my trip, aside from celebrating her upcoming nuptials, will be Ben and Jerry's, Oh that's good. I am so excited. But you know, with bachelorette parties and group trips. Jimmy asked me this the other day. He was like, are you excited? And I was like, I am so excited to celebrate my friend Ange who's getting married. I was like, I am so excited to celebrate with her, and like it's her bachelorette party, so yes, of course, I'm excited, but I'm about as excited as one can get for any group trip. Do you know everyone in the group just about just about. There are a couple that I'm like not super close with, Like I know them because they're good friends of hers. Yeah, but like not on my side of the friend group, right, But like everybody is super nice and like super chill, and like if you're a friend of Ange, you're already vetted and like I'm not worried about that. The dynamics of a group trip though, Like I love an itinerary. Yes, I would never have thought this about myself like ten years ago, but I am the person who plans out like every single hour of the trip, which I know some people love it, some people hate it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: We don't have I'm not like a a We don't have to stick to the plan, but I just like having a plan so that we just have like a general because nothing irritates me more than just sitting around and wasting time being like where do you guys want to eat? What time do you want to go? Well? What time do you want to go? Well? I would I want to take a nap?
Speaker 1: Should we at?
Speaker 2: Just like those types of dynamics on group trips, and like I said, everyone is lovely and I'm sure it will be a lovely time. And this is nothing against anybody personally, it's just the crux of the logistics on trips like this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And if you do want to go to dinner, you need to have a time, you need to have transportation because there's a number of you, and you want a reservation. You are my perfect travel partner because I don't do any of those things. But I love like and if you say, hey, here's like here's a general outline, there's a couple things, I will jump right in and be like sweet dinner Saturday night, let's do this, just found it like I'll fill in blanks, I'll help. I love a person that has but like I'll line.
Speaker 2: I like to have reservations made before we get there because then everything is there and if we want to do something else, like by all means, let's go with the flow and let's like feel the vibes and feel the energy. But you know, I don't want to get to a point where eleven of us are walking into this restaurant and they tell us that it's a two hour wait yes, and we are drunk and angry and a little bit tired because, let's be honest, but we're in our thirties now. Well, but we're in our thirties now, some of us approaching our mid thirties, and it's it's it's not the same as it was when we were twenty five. Go set you fast, live off of pretzel sticks and graft beer.
Speaker 1: Somebody brought a little bag of goldfish. It ties you over for like fourteen hours. Yeah, like everybody could split that. It's so funny because Chris is that for us, he is the planner, needs to have schedule. And I remember getting in such one of our biggest fights ever, I think last summer because we took the kids to Macanaw Island. We were playing staying up in the up. It's like, we'll just take a day trip, pop over and we get off the boat and Chris is like, okay, so now what and I was like, what do you mean? He goes, Okay, I know that you did not bring us to Macanaw Island in the middle of summer and not have a plan. And I was like, that is exactly what's happening, and he was because He's just like, all the restaurants are going to be full. Do we have tickets for the fort? Do you want to go to the fort? Are we gonna check out the butterfly house?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: This, this, And I'm like, we have a butterfly house. Have a butterfly house. Yeah, it's one of the things we got to do because there wasn't a line. And to be fair, we did not speak to each other for three and a half hours, but when we got back on the boat to go home, I did say, you're absolutely right, and I apologize because it was a nightmare. It must have been bad, must have been it's been bad English. But he does not prove anybody right.
Speaker 2: If she is so surprising about you, it is I just I don't know you were such a details person.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm such a details person when it comes to like here, or scheduling my kids or making sure things aren't missed that when it comes to something I consider to be leisurely, I'm just like, no, I don't have it. I spent it all on the other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was terrible. It was a pain because you just you would go to restaurants and there were eight of us because we came with a couple of his family members. Look at your face. That's the exact face I got. We walked at least fifty to twenty feet from each other the entire day that we were there, because he wanted nothing more than to like drown me, and I wanted nothing more than to like blow a canon through his face.
Speaker 2: So what did you do about the food situation?
Speaker 1: We eventually found something.
Speaker 2: Making me panic even I know, right.
Speaker 1: We walked all the way up near the Grand Hotel and found a place that had some space, but we ended up eating at like two thirty three o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: No, no, I know. No.
Speaker 1: That's why I said, I love you who are my exact match? Because I'm the worst at that, And like this, I apologize because afterwards I thought about it, I said, that was really terrible. Like the kids survived on eight scoops of ice cream and a piece of fudge for like three hours. It wasn't ideal. But now I've learned my lesson. We need to have we'd have a general outline, get into the other women in a bachelorette party. I feel like, are gonna be so grateful for that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just like kind of confused by the whole thing because I thought that, like she's got a maid of honor and she's got a all of us are like close friends. But you know, I did kind of inquire or ask like, hey, if you need any help or like what's going on with a bachelorette party? And she was like, oh, it's all handled, like you guys are off the hook or whatever, and I was like, okay, great, Like I look forward to receiving the details now and now, like Angie the bride is like sending us like, hey, did you guys maybe want to charter a boat when we're there, And I'm like, Angie, this is next weekend, not this weekend. Next weekend, yeah, and She's like, no, they have availability, which is totally fine, but I'm like, why are you planning this? Why are you planning your own betch? Like I would have been happy to have stepped in and write I've done it, but I thought someone else was yeah. So I'm just like confused. And then we're also this is also how you know, we're in our mid thirties, We're gonna do a murder mystery while we're there.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to do one of those.
Speaker 2: I hate them, really? Have you hate them so much? Oh? Yeah, I've done several. My group of friends really loves a murder mystery and I just do not. I do not, But I really like the character that I was assigned. Can't tell you about it because I don't want.
Speaker 1: To be already know though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've already been We've already been sent our characters, and we're gonna bring like some one piece of clothing. She asked us to bring one piece of clothing that fits our characters, sort of like identity.
Speaker 1: May I ask your piece of clothing is?
Speaker 2: Mmm, I don't know yet.
Speaker 1: Your friends might listen, so I don't want to give Yeah, you're right, Oh I go crash this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be fun. And she's like, we're I'm thinking like one nice in her out and I'm like, where there are eleven of us and it's rural Vermont. Oh, so I just like am wondering and like I don't want to overstep and be like I'm taking over. But also about that, I just like I don't want to get in a situation where because her and I and a couple of our other friends. Actually, a lot of the people that are going on this trip went on a bachelorette party in Nashville, like years and years and years ago, and that was one of the things that we ran into was that we didn't make reservations anywhere, so we were just gonna like go and then like with everyone's dietary preferences and the way that people eat, and like, now, if you don't feel good on a trip, that's make or break for the So I want everybody to feel good. I want everybody to have access to food that they eat. I want everyone to enjoy themselves. And that was a big cluster on that one back in the day, was that we didn't make reservations and we were trying to walk in places and again it was like a group of twelve or thirteen of us and we were like, oh god, we're idiots.
Speaker 1: I loved That's actually what I remember. One of the things I remember the most is how flawlessly my weekend went. And I know it's because my maid of honor and matron of honor put so much work into making sure everything was set. There was not a single moment where we were going to do something that wasn't prepared to be done. I loved it. Yeah, that's you're a good person to have it, and I would. I don't know if you were like, hey, I can.
Speaker 2: Do some of this. I texted. I texted a couple of the other girls, and I was like, hey, I don't know what anybody like has planned or if anybody has anything planned, but I'm more than happy to help. Yeah, And like the responses I got didn't really divulge too much information. It was just kind of like, oh, no, I'm all good. And I was like, because you have stuff planned, or because you don't have stuff planned, because all plant stuff right, because you know, are we gonna play like the slutty underwear game? Or like what are we doing? We got to embarrass her a little bit.
Speaker 1: Who's picking up the penis straws?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Come on, great question? Yep.
Speaker 1: I kept those. They're great straws. The ones I had have held up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I made like very embarrassing gift bags for people at my sister's bachelor att party. Yes, decade ago, I was in my twenties. I still had the energy. But we went to New Orleans. We had a time. Oh, we had a time. Oh, but I put penis straws in there. I put condoms in there. All of these women were already married, and I was like, they don't need any of this shit, but they're getting all of it.
Speaker 1: It's nice to feel seen. Yeah, to think someday we will be wild and sewing our oas. Once again, I don't have time to sew any other there's we're just tired. But that's why. See, if you don't plan out a bachelorette party, you're going to just s end up being angry and someone else and nobody wants that. That's a reminder.
Speaker 2: I meant some people want some of it, not all of it, not all of it, but pick and choose some of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what. See, you are the person that is able to make that happen. Pick and choose your own adventure. I would trust you with that. Your organizational skills have made that turned on.
Speaker 2: It's a good way.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's a good end. There it is. We just got real personal and nobody thought that was happening.
Speaker 2: But nobody's surprised. Ha