Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It's thee I'm Still Fun podcast with Fallon and Jenny.
Speaker 3: We got some good feedback from last week's podcast. We did Colt, or at least I did. I had people saying that they were like laughing the whole time.
Speaker 2: You're right, I did see that. Okay, Okay, I feel bad we did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, people really enjoyed it. They got to know Colt a little bit better. Colt said he got ripped by his wife because she listened to him mock her dinner. Oh, and she was like, first of all, it wasn't vegan, it had cheese on it, it was vegetarian. And she actually messaged me last night because she made which is something you and I've made before, but she made her favorite snack lately as almond stuff dates and then she puts a little smear of peanut butter on it and then some chocolate chips, and she damned. I was like, oh, it looks good or whatever, and she damned me, and she was like, I'm sure Colt will complain about this dessert I made. And then she gave me a follow up and said he refused to eat it. Said he'd tried dates one time and they hasted to chemically to him, so he's disgusted by her. I was like, he's so dramatic, so.
Speaker 3: So may I feel like dates are kind of a hit or miss so with some people because I love them, but I do know that they mess with my system a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dolly ate an entire container my dog. They went pitted, and I was like, she's gonna crap her brains out. But she's a still trap.
Speaker 3: She ate the pits and everything everything. I mean, I guess you would as a dog like spitting out the pits.
Speaker 2: Spit the only pitch she's ever spit out as an avocado pit.
Speaker 3: But she.
Speaker 1: In rock hard. She's such a psycho. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But so we both went out of town this past weekend and I went to back home to Indiana to visit my mamma and I it's funny because I am just like the friend that I suck as a friend to my friends back home. This is what I do. I text my friend Kimberly, like I've known I'm doing this trip for like months. Yeah, I text her like two weeks before. I'm like, hey, can I stay at your house? Knowing she's like the best host. Ever, it's her spring break week. She's like, yeah, we'll be back in time. And then she's like, do you want me to pick you up the airport. I'm like, no, we get into late, like we did it like eleven. She's like, that's fine, and you can use our They have an extra car they drive around so you don't have to rent one. And I'm like no, no, she's like, we'll think about it. Of course, I'd let her pick me up the airport. She prepared every meal for the entire time. She's like the kindest human ever. Her girls play with Olive, just keep her entertained. She has the best time, and I don't know, it's just so fun. I feel like I'm like the little kid's sister that comes in and just has no responsibility.
Speaker 1: Isn't it nice? It is?
Speaker 2: But it's also disrespectful, is what it is.
Speaker 3: I think I remember one time you said this on the morning show, that it's really weird how we are around here, because in Indiana everyone's offering to give you rides to the airport, picks you up, drop you off, whatever, and it's like nope, and the one person was and still I probably would ask her to this day and she could ask me as Tina. Yeah, because Tina and I live really close to each other in Saint Louis Park, and even when I lived in Uptown didn't mine, but we would give each other rides to the airport pretty often if we were available. But that's like the only person I felt like, okay, asking to inconvenience to get a ride, you know. Oh outside of that, I like have always ubered.
Speaker 2: It's so true, like I've never in my life not had someone pick me up or drop me off at the airport in Indiana. And it's the same with like, you know how you mock like over the age of thirty, you should never be asking your friends and family to help you move. You don't have to, right, They're like, when you move in, we'll be there, We'll help you. They help with everything. And I really do think that that's probably a much better mentality in life than like, I'm too busy, that's inconveniencing meet. Jake's sister and my mom are the only two people I would probably like actually ask. If I was in a super pinch, I might ask you or Tina, But I feel like you guys would be busy and not be able to honestly, So Hannah Jake, she always calls it airport karma. She says yes to anyone that asks her. But I always laugh at that because she barely ever travels. So I'm like, your airport karma is never coming back around here, but I don't know it. And then I got to see my my mam. Always her ninetieth birthdays, but her actual birthdays is coming. We can, but we're gonna be out of town. So I went back to see her, looped it in, saw my dad, saw my sister, which she's she's just always been so like, oh, it looks so old and terrible. And then one person on Facebook was like, oh my god, your mom looks so young. I'm like, if she sees that, she's gonna die. I was like, because it's my sister, Oh god.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was, Oh, it's always just nice to go home. I feel I was telling cult this. I was like, I just feel so comfortable. Everything's easy. No, I don't like desire to move back there, but it's just always a very nice visit. I know you went out, you had another adventure. That's one I think we want to even Jake commented on your post, and we will. I think we might go check out the bad Land, is it?
Speaker 1: Bad Lands?
Speaker 3: Bad Lands is one thing that's the National Park, and then the Black Hills are really close, like that's why an hour away or something.
Speaker 1: Did you do one or both? I did both?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, so I did the bat I like better. Uh it's hard to say.
Speaker 3: I feel like I liked the bad Lands better, but I also feel like you can do the bad Lands pretty quickly and see it all, whereas the Black Hills had more. But I like kind of wasn't as into it. I don't know, it was really windy and cold and the weather just like wasn't as nice when I was in the Black Hills. I wasn't like anticipating it being quite as cold as it was, right, which is fine. But yeah, I guess I would probably say I like the bad Lands better, but there's so much to do in the Black Hills that I didn't even like scrape the surface of So the bad Lands, I feel like you can do everything in a day.
Speaker 1: Oh and I did, so, you know. I hiked.
Speaker 3: I went to like every single over look viewpoint that there possibly was. I went to Wall Drug, I did all that stuff, and then the Black Hills I kind of just drove around on like famous highways and then did like one big hike.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: Say the Badlands are a little bit better, but you could realistically do both within like two to three days.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were playing on maybe doing like a long weekit and I thought about it.
Speaker 1: After you left.
Speaker 2: We purchased the America the Beautiful Pass, and I could have loaned that to you.
Speaker 3: I have it.
Speaker 1: Oh you do? Okay, yeah, no I do? They do?
Speaker 2: You do have run the risk of they could ask for your ID, I think, but they typically don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I do have that. And then I will say, if you're going to the Black Hills, I don't know if this is like year round, but it gets super windy there and so just be prepared, like the different elevations.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Someone even DMed me and said that they had just moved out of Rapid City recently for like multiple reasons, but one thing that they absolutely hated was the wind.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: And I told fall in this that at one point driving and honestly, I think I might have still been in Minnesota maybe I was in South Dakota at this point, but I had to pull over because I thought I had a flat tire. Oh god, And because I was like, I was just like going left and right in the van and stuff, and I was like, do I have a flat tire?
Speaker 1: Like what's going on? But I mean it was fine.
Speaker 2: One thing to keep in mind because you're going to Iceland is that's it's wendy af there. Yeah, Like I know that you're gonna either rent a car, get a cammera van, or something you have to get. You have to pay for the extra insurance. Yeah, you had said that, Yeah, because like they say, we didn't experience this, but they said that the wind can get so bad. It can if you had your door all the way open, it could rip it off. Yeah, and we one thousand percent got dents and chips in our windshield from just rocks because of the wind. But it's it's yeah, it's very wendy. And we went in I want to say August, and it was still like Chili. It was like light coat weather. But I think you're going in July, so I don't know if it'll be warmer than or Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think aysone's kind of up in the air no matter what, Like you can get in multiple different climates, even if you're there during their summer.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's so beautiful. It doesn't even matter if it's gloomy. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I already told found the story, but I will tell you listening to this podcast that I did have one mental breakdown on this trip because I had gotten so low on gas and so I started getting stressed out because I was just waiting for a gas station to come up. And I finally see one. It's like not right off the highway. It's in a little bit and it's like a motel gas station combo and nothing's open because it was Sunday. And I fill up the gas and then I go to start the car and it won't start, and I just am like great because there's literally no one around. It was like I was in an unincorporated town and there was no one.
Speaker 2: The motel gas station is giving horror movie.
Speaker 3: Exactly it was. So I'm googling what could be wrong. I put the key in the ignition and it's just like lock. It won't move at all. So I'm googling what could be wrong. It says I might need to jump the battery, jiggle the key, do all these things. I do have this one kit where you can you like plug the jumpers into something, so I don't need another vehicle. So I'm trying to do that, even though I don't know if I'm even plugging the jumpers into the right part of the battery whatever.
Speaker 1: So that's not working.
Speaker 3: And then finally this lady was like driving around in kind of like a four wheeler thing with her dog, and she had stopped in like the grassy area by the gas station to have her dog go to the bathroom. So I don't know if she like lives in the motel or whatever it was, but she comes up to me, she's like, Hi, I like, I don't have a phone on me right now, but like I can tell you're kind of struggling. If you need help, just like call that number on the motel whatever. And I was like, Okay, thanks, appreciate it. I'm like almost in tears at this point because I'm just like so stressed, and I had like a long drive left to get back home. And so finally I Google again and it turned out that the stupid steering wheel was just like not in the right position and that was what was causing the ignition to not turn. And so, and this has happened before and we've always just like figured it out. I feel like, so I don't know, like the key has been locked before, but this time I just could not get it to work. And so I just I was really hitting a point where I just wanted to be home, and I still had four and a half hours to drive, And then that set me back another like forty minutes because I was fucking around trying to figure things out. But that was like a good life moment, life lesson. I guess of what van life can be like you might get stranded out of like wherever and you just don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's scary. I feel like I'm too, like I'm just a little girl vibes with like van life, which is ridiculous, but that's how I am. I even joke about that with like an RV. I'm like, I don't know, like his you know, Jake's been Oh, I love that life. He loved like the RV life, you know, And I'm like, I'm good, I'm a hotel gal, and he's like, yeah, I know, foul.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no shit, I know.
Speaker 3: And I always kind of thought that, like I romanticized the idea of the camber van life for a long time and that I wouldn't actually really like it when I tried it, Like I thought, no, there's no way I need a hotel in a shower and whatever. But yeah, I don't know, I've I've definitely like gotten very used to it, and I do like it. And I'm not saying I don't love hotels, because like I'm down for a hotel as well, but I have vibed with it more than I thought I was going to.
Speaker 2: Well, just the even the like view from like when you actually can park right there and helping your doors, that's like that's the money shot, right, It's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's super fun.
Speaker 2: So next week we will not have a podcast. Just heads up, it's my fault. I'm going on spring break. And so Saturday we're gonna head Saturday morning super early. We're going to Maui and we're taking my mom. She's her dream, her whole life. She's always said, like the two men and she married, or whatever her vibes are, she'll be like they always promised me they would take me on a vacation to Hawaii and they never did, and then I would always get frustrated with her and I'd be like, why didn't you take yourself? And which is just my crappy attitude.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So she's done so much for help, like helping us with all of her whole life. We've never had to pay a babysitter for olive. I mean, I've given my mom money here and there, but like it's just really nice to have someone like her, and she's been so helpful. So I was like, Jake, do you want to do that? He's like absolutely, So for Christmas we told her. She cried, She's like been counted. She is just this is like the most happy I've ever seen my mother. Like the countdown. I think the airplane ride is going to kill her. She has like back issues and stuff, so I think she's gonna be like she's just gonna live on the beach. But I'm I'm really excited. I've been doing like a ton of research because we're doing the I'm gonna say it wrong, Helicila Hala Kila Hali Haalaya color.
Speaker 1: Law, the National Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how I know it, but we're doing but we're doing the sunrise, okay, So you have to buy like a lot of these things, especially for sunrise. You have to buy a ticket, so you get a reservation because they limit the number of people because the parking lots are small, which was the same when we did the sunrise at the Lake or Moraine Lake or whatever in bamf You had to get a reservation and all that and it's chaotic. So we got one and it's like a dollar. It's not like an expensive reservation. You just have to a park past to get in. But I just keep getting so because it's a long drive and then you sit in the every tip has been you think it's going to bring gloves, bring hats, winter jackets. It's so cold that early in the morning, so we have to leave at like three am. And then you know, I've watched a ton of videos where it's like what you expect and it shows the beautiful sunrise and what what we got and it's pouring down rain. And again when we did the one in bamp we never got like an actual like this where you saw the sun. It got it, the sky lit up, but you never saw it. And I was like we were there for like hours and the gold we did see a grizzly bear though, so I mean that's cool, that is cool. But I'm like number one, hopefully we get it. Because the thing that's cool about this, if you've never heard of it, it's the sun rises above the clouds. So you're above the clouds. It's like the most beautiful picturesque thing. A lot of people like the sun set better. I feel like we're more probably sunrise people. So I'm just hoping we get there. And then I keep getting stressed out, like where is the best spot to be? No one posts where the best spot is. I mean I have looked on Pinterest, I've looked on TikTok, and they just keep doing those Oh it's like the same but different angles look different, so I don't know if they're zoomed in on their cameras. And I don't like knowing things like in advance. I don't like having to figure it out on the spot because then I get panicky. Yeah, and I'm like, so anyway, we'll find I'm looking forward to it. The hot tip my friend Jen gave me was do what your first day there, which that's not the reservation we got Okay, we got it for a couple of days later, but I'm I booked. Hur they drop a few more tickets like the day before, So Friday we're gonna try again.
Speaker 1: Either way we have a reservation.
Speaker 2: But the reason why is because with the time difference. She's like, you're already going to be up super early your first day because and I was like, oh that's smart. So she's like, so get that out of your way the first day. So that's a hot tip if you're ever going to go, do this, by the way, and a bundle up and bring snacks and fill up your car with gas and advance. Those are the hot top tips that they posted everywhere.
Speaker 1: Other than that, we're gonna do the road to Hanna.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna eat a crap ton a fresh food all of a sudden, I'm gonna be a poke bowl girl.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be a Sayu bowl.
Speaker 2: I am gonna live my best life, gonna eat a lot of fish, and I'm gonna lay out. I am getting my butt waxed on Thursday, Yes, butt waxed, hair done, spray tan Thursday tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm getting a pedicure. Wow, you've got it all down. Did you also get an entirely new wardrobe for the strip?
Speaker 2: I rented really to be like better about it. Yeah, I got like a new bathing suit and one like linen like elastic pant button up shirt from old Navy set.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So other than that, no, I just rented things that, for the most part, I can use for the Jason Show. But a couple are like ones a beach cover up and it's so cute. I can't wait to get it at that's supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So I am.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm pretty set. Yeah, I'm hype about it.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to stalk you on Instagram even though you're not like a super overposter on trips, but I you usually do like photo dumps situations or so I'm all real or something excited to see that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then there's I was going to tell you So. I had an interesting conversation with Olive today. My daughter is taking her to school and she took Jake's glasses. She was wearing them all days, Dray, she think, And I was like, are you wearing these? Because Blippy wears I'm like, why the hell are you wearing these. She's like, I need them to see I'm like, no, I don't. They're not prescription glasses, by the way. So she wanted to where I'm to school today, so I drove her in and when we got there, she's like, I think they're going to make fun of me. And I was like, what do you mean? And she was like, they're going to make fun of my glasses. And I go, well, you don't have to wear them in you don't actually need them.
Speaker 1: And she was like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And I could see her just being having like she didn't want to get out of the car. She was like kind of thinking about it, and I was like, what do you think they're going to do. Like she's like, they're going to make fun of my glasses, like they're going to like say I look weird. And I was like, well, then they aren't your friends. And she was like, well, what do you mean And I said, it does not matter what you look like on the outside, Olive. I was like, it's how you make a person feel. So if those people are making fun of you, they don't make you feel good, right, that's not nice, and you don't want those people as your friends. Anyway, it's about how you feel, like how they make you feel inside, and shouldn't matter what they look like. And I go and I really hope you don't make fun of someone if they have glasses either, because that would hurt their feelings. And she was like, no, she has a friend. I think Aileen wears glasses. And she's like, Aileen never makes fun of me. And I was like, then she's a great friend. She's like, and I don't make fun of her. And I was like, okay, But she did decide to leave the glasses in my car. She didn't want to risk it, and that's fine. But I'm like, she's five years old every day, why is she already worried about this?
Speaker 1: Do you think that we were probably like that? Though probably it's just I can't remember. I know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I always was like concerned about what everyone thought about me when I was little, Like there was always like one girl and a group of friends that kind of caused all kinds of drama, even in elementary school, Like we literally would have to go into the counselor's office to like deal with all this drama with these girls. It was ridiculous, all because of like one person. So I feel like I was always questioning everything about myself, like pretty early on, just because yeah, you wanted to fit in and you wanted to be everyone's friend. And so when like one person is making you insecure about something, then you just, yeah, you start questioning a lot yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 2: And there I know there will be one. I hope it's not all of She's not the mean girl. I don't think she has it in her. She's pretty, She's definitely a rule follower. She likes things to be done perfectly, and she I mean, her feelings get hurt and she doesn't like hurting other people's feelings. So I like, okay, these are good signs she's showing empathy, Like, these are good things. So hopefully she's not.
Speaker 3: But okay, can I say one thing. So there's somebody that we both know who posts a lot of health stuff on social media and one thing. Usually I like what they post, but one thing recently I kind of was like, chill, Okay. It was the fact that you know, we want to get our daily sunlight and not just like through a window, like shining in on us, like go actually physically be outside. Yeah, and now they're starting to say, oh, well, don't wear sunglasses though when you're outside, like you need that sun to like be going directly into your eyes. And I just sat there and I was like, I literally can't see anything if I don't have sunglasses half the time because eyes are so sensitive. Yeah, and I wanted to message this person and be like, you need a chill, okay, Like you're sharing all this stuff and people are influenced by the things you share, and like you have to understand that some people legitimately need sunglasses, whereas like, I'll never forget. Last summer, Tina told me that she just wears sunglasses for fashion. It doesn't like matter because she has brown eyes. It doesn't do anything. So like when you have lighter eyes, your eyes are more sensitive to certain things. Okay, So Jake, one of this full rant, I don't know if I told you this. This is why I cult I told I should never have told cold him a bad person because I've betrayed my husband. But basically, we went over to Colt's house one time and Jake was, I thought, acting kind of rude, like he wasn't being like he was, he wasn't talking.
Speaker 1: That's why I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Being rude, and I was kind of like, what the hell like talk and the only thing he did say was like kind of rude. Okay, he was like, oh good, he made a joke. Because they have their marriage license hanging on their wall. He's like, oh, good thing, you put that there, so we all knew your or I don't know, some smarter and it was like out of character. Now he was joking and they did laugh about it. But because most people don't hang their marriage licensekay, but also shut up, Jake, Yeah, their house, you dick and so. But he and Cole can you know, go back and forth and joke and stuff. So not that I didn't think too much of it.
Speaker 1: But we left. He told me that he's like seeing he.
Speaker 2: Has issues with white I mean, we talked about this, but he's like I looked it up and people with certain color blue eyes, they're even more sensitive. And I guess Colt has some kind of fluorescent lighting in his house and he said it was killing him. He said it was like he was getting a headache. He couldn't focus, he was so miserable the whole time. Was like, well, trust me, we we noticed or whatever. He's like, sure, you know I wasn't that bad. I'm like, you weren't, but good God, and so yeah, you're right. I guess I never really thought about that it wouldn't really affectio.
Speaker 1: With brown eyes, right.
Speaker 3: So also with lighting, yes, I am so with Jake, where like we both hate the big light. We want like almost no light on. And I do think it has to do with like sensitivity of our eyes, but also the in the studio. You know, we go live on the morning show a lot, and we have these like TV production lights that shine on us for two plus hours.
Speaker 1: Sometimes.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, like my left eye has started like twitching because I think it's like so sensitive to those stupid lights. And I think I wore a hat one day so it had like you know, the brim kind of covering my eyes more. And I feel like that one day, like I felt a difference in how I felt because the light wasn't like right on my face and whatever.
Speaker 1: So crazy.
Speaker 3: I know, it's it's weird, and it's it's not like detrimental to my ability to work or anything like that. But I the moments that I know that we're not live anymore, I shut those lights off. As quick as I can, or I tell Bla two. I was like, are we done? We're not on live, and then Bailey knows like I don't want the lights on, like let's get them off whatever.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm not a big light girl.
Speaker 2: No, Well, I don't like those kind of lights like you're talking about, like when I'm in the TV show. They're not like that directly in my face, so I don't notice them at all. But like when I'll put like a ring light kind of thing on, I hate it. So I can't even imagine that big thing being in my face for like two plus hours. I feel like i'd see spots for like the rest of the day. Right. Another thing I was going to tell you that I saw, and we actually talked about it on our show yesterday and I had a therapist, come on, you've brought up before Mel Robbins. Yes, I've brought her up, and you were like, I'm not going to read the book. They'll let them theory because you feel like you kind of got the gist from all of her social media clips. I followed her, but I didn't really follow that very closely like her clips, like I guess I should say so I got the book and I read it, and then this other podcast I listened to she went on this She's like, did this breakdown of how she feels like Mel Robbins is the new Rachel Hollis.
Speaker 1: Do you know who Rachel Hollis is? The girl wash your face? Yeah? And then she was like a fraud or.
Speaker 2: She got well, she got yeah, canceled for many reasons. Okay, but she's not. I think she's like, you know, people continue to follow her. So the original girl washed her face, Rachel Hollis girl. She was one of those like self help, motivational kind of people. And I remember that book was super popular and I had my book club here at the station, so I picked it because it was like, oh, women seem to be really into this and it's popular.
Speaker 1: I picked it.
Speaker 2: I did not like the book at all, and I remember being like, why are people obsessed with this woman? She had like this whole thing about dieting and how if you want to like you have no excuse to not basically be like a SI six or eight or so. It was like very weird and I was like, that's so weird to have that mentality, even like in the twenty twelve twenty fourteen era that felt like very out of date. Then it was I did not like her her and her how her husband the story of how they got together and how he treated her, and I was like, this is terror. I didn't like it. So anyway, never liked her. The reason and she kind of got canceled is because her and her husband constantly did these marriage seminars and they're bringing all this money and podcast and they were getting divorced. And then we're like, what the hell. I just went to a seminar of years a week ago and you say you've been getting like gonna divorce for over a year.
Speaker 1: What the hell? Why am I taking tips from you?
Speaker 2: So and they had no qualifications that they were not therapists, They had no qualifications for this. So the podcaster is like Mel Robbins is the new Rachel Hollis. She has no qualifications. All these self helped gurus. They have like a general phrase or general over theme, like a let the let them theory. First of all, the let them theory the phrase itself is plagiarized, like it is. I mean, this is another thing that I saw way before. And it was like when Rachel or when uh sorry. When Mel Robins first talked about it, she even gave credit like seeing it in a poem or something, and then it made her think. In her books, she doesn't acknowledge that at all. She's like, I'm at my son's prom and I'm doing all this, all this, and then and then you know, my daughter is the one or whatever. One of them says like let them And that's how it came to my mind. That's apparently on her podcast and on these social media clips. That's like she that's not where she said it came from initially, So that was already like people started questioning that a little bit. But the girl was like, the point is these then these people have actual qualifications. Also, you cannot generalize help to people because people are so complex and so different, and to be like, like think, act like every person, it's just as simple as that. To fix you is like kind of it's crazy and it's all scammed. She She's basically like, they're scam artists. And I'm like, oh damn, I started falling for the Mel Robbins thing.
Speaker 1: I mean the book.
Speaker 2: I'd liked a couple of things, but I've already forgotten it, right, so I was like, I want to talk to a real therapist. So I brought a real therapist on and I was like, are they scam artists? And she's like, yeah, whoa.
Speaker 3: That is so interesting because I definitely have Like one of the best podcasts I've ever listened to was when she was on the Diary of a CEO. It's one of my favorite podcasts, and I have never heard someone describe anxiety the way that she did that Remember you made it make sense? I literally was so honed into that podcast on like a long drive back to my hometown in Wisconsin. And that's like my first discovery of her. This was before she started her own podcasts and like kind of blowing up and stuff, but I thought she just nailed it. So I have since then really liked a lot of stuff that she does. I listened to her podcast every once in a while if I feel like there's someone worthwhile that's on there as a guest. But I don't love her podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think she's better as a guest on people's podcast and she is at hosting a podcast.
Speaker 1: But now I feel bamboozled.
Speaker 2: I think, so this is what I said on the show yesterday I was I wanted to. I was like, before we get into this, I want to preface this by saying, if either of these people I'm mentioning have helped you, then I don't want to take away from that. It's the same as and I said this on the show. It's the same as a psychic if you if you believe in it. A lot of people don't believe in psychics. But if you believe in a psychic and it's helped you, then don't let someone take that away from you. So again, if like a lot of people, like a woman messaged me, she's like, that was really interesting. Her husband had gotten the let them tattooed on her or on him, which mel Robin says, a lot of people have had tattooed let them on them. And she said it's helped him be able to calm himself down.
Speaker 1: She wasn't.
Speaker 2: She was like, I like tearing your point of view though, but I'm like, exactly my point. If that helps him, then then it is great. But the overarching thing is like not there aren't actual qualifications there. They didn't go to school to be a therapist. Some people have actual backgrounds, like a Brene Brown. She actually went to school and actually has credentials to kind of give like advice if you will. Yeah, so all that's to say, be careful. Yeah, and uh and but if it helps you, then it helps you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but people to.
Speaker 2: Make money, Yeah, it's the same on I get social media. Every one expert you now, you know, right, And that's and I had said in like recent months on our podcast that I thought I had started listening to a podcast that was all about like anxiety and stuff, and then the girls like couldn't even describe what they were trying to like talk about, and they started googling things live on the podcast, and I was like, Okay, these people are not professionals.
Speaker 1: I am not listening to them like whatever. Gave it a try. But yeah, I think mel is a great public speaker, though, like so great.
Speaker 2: She's so she's very she's obviously a very intelligent woman, and she's built. I don't want to like, I don't want to tear people down, so I want to be clear about that. But I think she seems like she's I mean, I've liked stuff I've seen of hers as well clips, but I had never ever thought of it until I listened to this other podcast, someone who I do respect. I think they're very intelligent, kind of compared her to a Rachel Hastin. I was like, oh what, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's our time.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, like found said earlier, we'll be off next week. We'll be back in action in two week. Yeah, baby, all right, have a great couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yes, thanks for listening. Thank you.