Speaker 1: Big Food and on with Cliff and Bobo.
Speaker 2: These guys, are you fav It's so like say subscribe and raid it.
Speaker 3: Live Stock and.
Speaker 2: Greatest on Yesterday listening watching limb always keep its watching.
Speaker 4: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 2: Hello, Bobo, what's going on? Man? I want yourself Cliff, nothing man, just living life, doing the thing, you know, doing the museum deal, working out all the weekends now until we get a We're gonna put feelers out for a new employee. Anybody listening wants to apply to the North American VIC the Center to be a cashier. Feel free. It's a weekend gig. The pay is low, but the benefits are high. And I don't mean like health or anything like that. Health are a retirement. I mean Squatch benefits. Lots and lots of stuff going on there all the time. You were going to learn a lot. But for most superoroking looking for weekend coverage at this point. So I am there every weekend. Anybody wants to come in and say hello to me and tell me how great the podcast is. Feel free do it on a Saturday or Sunday.
Speaker 1: Call it Bigfoot College, and you charge him to come there and do that stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, We don't pay you. You pay us. You give us your time. You get to work the cashier at a Bigfoot museum.
Speaker 4: You know that. That reminded me of you saying this. I lurk on a few online forums and I saw one. There was a thread that was I met Cliff from Finding Bigfoot, and the poster said, my wife and I were out in Sandy, Oregon today and saw a unique museum next to a pub. I think it was called the North American Bigfoot Museum or close. Walked in, paid the fee, We got to talking to the guy behind the counter, and damn, this guy was a bigfoot genius. I asked why in the hell he wasn't hosting a TV show. He looked at me, smiled and said I did for like eight years. My jaw hit the floor. Super nice guy, and I can't say enough nice things. If you're out that way, check it out.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: Later in the thread, someone says he has a podcast with Bobo called Bigfoot and Beyond. It actually my favorite bigfoot podcast, and another person or the original poster replied and said, listen to my first episode on the way home. It was hooked for an hour. Another person replied and said Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo, And then another person replied and said these guys are your favorites, and another person you like share, subscribe and rate it five stars. The final reply says, I'm so glad that we've got pigeons in here.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: That's really funny.
Speaker 4: That warmed the heart for sure, that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're probably listening now. So if you did that, that's awesome. I love it. I love it. I love leaving the pigeons continue to leave Easter eggs all over the place. Well, other museum news, Bobo, you sure you're not coming up for the gig here Matt Prut speaking gig because we sold out of Matt Pruit tickets in less than one day, like seven hours after I put them up. All of the in person tickets were sold. Now, mind you, I only put them out there for museum members. And then, don't get me wrong, podcast members, I love you too, But you know, this is a museum event and museum is hosting it, and we're doing a thing at the museum. It's a museum event. So I put it out to the museum members.
Speaker 4: First.
Speaker 2: They grabbed every single ticket for in person stuff with Matt Pruitt, Bobs, I would encourage you to consider coming up. I know that you have schedule obligations and stuff like that, but you know, something goes sideways. We're up there with open arms, so come on up.
Speaker 4: Look before you answer that, Bobo, let's not I have no delusions of grand or here. I think the reason those sold so quickly is because when we talked about it, Bobo said multiple times that he might be there. I think that's probably that's a much more likely reason that people want to be there then that I'm going to be there. I think people are like, oh, Bobo might be there, and that's why they're so if Bobo now says I'm definitely not going, did maybe a lot of people ask for refunds.
Speaker 2: No, No, if you can, it'd be great to see it.
Speaker 1: Oh, thanks, But I mean Pruit's still over two thousand books. I mean, there's there's a lot of people that want to see pru It.
Speaker 2: Whether you make it or not, Bobo, anybody who does show up is going to see a lot of people that they have heard and read about it. I'm going to tell you what names I have verified are coming. But there are some Bigfoot royalty showing up so and probably a good handful of them. So Matt Pruit's maybe on the pedestal that evening, but there's a lot of people gathered around looking up at them.
Speaker 4: So I think we should have like a life size cardboard cutout of Bobo and just put an iPad where the face is and have Bobo live stream and we'll just walk that around with us.
Speaker 2: My god, why don't I have a life size cut out of Bobo in the museum? What have I done with my life? Do not have that?
Speaker 4: Just put an iPad on it and so like he can, he can FaceTime with his face there, So it's like you can walk up and talk to Bobo in person.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Matt, you might know this. Are there AI that can simulate voices?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: Probably are, right, Yeah, of course there are. Let's get one and make Bobo say ridiculous things.
Speaker 4: I don't think you could properly try a large language model on Bobo. I think Bobo's too vast to be captured by zeros and ones.
Speaker 2: Thank you, brutt How do you capture growls and zeros and ones stomach growls. That's not what I was thinking of, but that's funnier. So this week is a topical episode where we kind of go through in our regular lives and keep up on the news in various ways. Anytime we see an article that Bobo, Matt and I just we see an article that may pertain to something to do with bigfoot that we think is interesting, we send it in and Matt Brute compiles all of these and once every month or two or three or blue moon or whatever, we get together and we talk about the articles and kind of share them and our thoughts on them, why they're important, and what we can learn from them or anything like that. So we've got a handful of them tied up today, so let's see what we can do with them. Bobo, would you like to choose one? Or Matt would you like to choose one to start with?
Speaker 1: Oh, let Matt take the autors.
Speaker 4: I think it'd be good to start with the one point five million year old fossilized footprint find because a lot of our listeners sent that one in as well, So you had sent it in as soon as it posted online because it's obviously right up your alley and the alley of the discussions of this podcast. But I think a lot of listeners had the same idea because multiple people sent this in.
Speaker 2: That was a particularly interesting one to me. I really really liked it because I'm not only a footprint footprint guy, I'm a hayleeu anthropology guy. I really really like that sort of thing. And you know, of course, the lea totally footprints are the most the most common widely known footprints, fossilized footprints of hominin's. They doctor Meldrerim wrote an article on those, pointing out the evidence from midfoot flexibility and all that sort of stuff. And then so when any any other footprints fossilized footprint stuff show up, I am always looking at them. I'm always trying to find pictures of the footprints to see do they show evidence of mid tarsl flexibility. And this one, this was such an interesting article to me because not only were fossilized hominin footprints found, but two different species were found in the same fossilized you know, river bed or lake bed or whatever it was, silt bed anyway, two different species of hominin of human ancestors were found living at the same time in the same place. In fact, the scientists in this particular find are pretty sure that these footprints were not only found at the same place, but basically laid down within a few hours to a few days apart. And that is based on an analysis of the silt. And it's not silt, it's rock now, but it was silt. But you know, by looking at the rock they can learn a lot about the silt. The silt would have been washed over one another, but apparently they stepped in such a way, maybe on top of each other or so close to another, that the silt was actually like if it had been left, say a month, almost certainly some silt would have washed in and washed a lot of these away. That was not the case in the so we have very strong evidence that two different species walk through this area within a few easily within a few days of one another. Now a few days might be a week or something depending on weather conditions. Back then. What was going on we know almost nothing about all this, but it is super super interesting to me at least. The two species, if you're wondering about it, were Homorectus and a paranthropists, which you know got my eyebrows up pretty quick there, because I'm I like the idea of Sasquatch as possibly being a paranthropist of some sort, and so whenever something like that pops up, I pay extra close attention. But Homo erectus and paranthropists boise I specifically, by the way, this is a paranthropist boise eye. These two species are are pretty well known to be some of the most successful hominin species ever basically outside of humans, you know, especially during the Plsis epic, you know, the era there, both of these species were very widely dispersed, you know, particularly home Erectus. I mean home Erectus was found all the way from Indonesia to Africa, you know, so there was they were extraordinarily successful. Paranthropist boise has only been found in Africa so far. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they kind of wandered outside there, you know, I wouldn't expect an archaic common in the color within the lines, so to speak, you know. But also something of note in this article as well is that, you know, for the most part, most evidence of any of these extinct species come from bones. You know, when bones can kind of move around, Like if an animal rots away and there's a pile of bones there, rain can come and wash them away. Scavengers can move them before or after the meat is rotten away. So footprints are one of the only ways to actually study any level of behavior that you can actually be sure of in a way because fossilized bones before they were fossilized, even after it could wash away and move probably pretty good distances. But footprints don't do that. Footprints stay where they were put. So I guess those are the big three takeaways for me after this one is that two hominin species lived at the same time and same place, just like today, human beings are alive here, and sasquatches are alive here, and probably some other critters over there in Asia and Africa and Australian stuff. So humans are not the only biped standing so to speak. That has never been the case, I would argue. And second of all, these things were found within a few hours of one another, and it gives us a little bit of insight into their behavior and how they walk as well. So pretty cool stuff, man, pretty cool stuff. With this article.
Speaker 4: I was excited about it, absolutely, I think given this location there at Lake Turkana, which is sort of it's eastern Africa, but it's sort of northeastern. You know, the fossil record for paranthropists ends there around one point four million year years ago, and so the younger fossils, the ones that are more recent to us in time, like zero point six million years ago roughly, are more southerly, like South Africa, et cetera. So this was kind of at the tail end of at least they're represented tenure in the fossil record in eastern Africa. It at least pos us some interesting questions like maybe the emergence of something like Homo erectus on the scene created enough competitive pressure, some sort of competition for resources that drove them out of the air, because that's again right at the tail end of when we see their fossil record dry up in that part of Africa, which is really interesting.
Speaker 2: You got to wonder how much Homeorectus and paranthropists would have even competed, though what level competition because Homorectus, we don't know if they were closed, we don't know if they were hair covered or any of those sort of things, but we do know they use fire and you know, if they're using fire, that means they're probably using different food sources cooking meat, for example. And the tool use is probably vastly different as well. There's some evidence of paranthropists probably used tools, but there's absolute evidence that home Erectus did. So you got to wonder what those different adaptations that they picked up along the way, how much overlap there was, how much competition for various resources. There had to be some, of course, you know, because there's even competition today between Homo sapiens and sasquatches, you know, for like deer for example, you know, the species that humans like to hunt. They're those same species as sasquatches like the you know, so you gotta figure there's probably some. But I think that given the adaptations of like the jaw and the teeth and the chewing apparatus and paranthropists, they were probably going after largely different food items with some overlap, I'd guess.
Speaker 4: Oh, so that I would expect that there'd be some degree of overlap. I just think it's interesting that you have this cooccurrence that you can date in time that immediately precedes the sort of end of their fossil record, in that or the end of the paranthropene fossil record in that area. So it doesn't mean necessarily that they're correlated, but I think it at least poses a question.
Speaker 2: It's interesting and super cool.
Speaker 4: I think it's cool that they used three D scanning and reproducing things in three D models as well, that technology which we're using on a smaller scale. You know with our phones that you would turn me on a scan averse as an app to be used in the field. And so I know three D scanning has been used in fossil sites and to study tafonomy for quite a long time, and there were three D scans even of the Latoly site that some of those papers include that stuff. But it's still cool to see that being used in the fact that US squatchers are using a smaller scale of that to some degree too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, looking at the photographs that accompanied this article as well, these photographs of some of the prints in the ground, I love them because obviously I'm a kind of a footprint kind of guy, right, but a lot of these if I saw a sasquatch cast like this, maybe by now I'd be much more open to them. But you know, ten years ago I would have said, I had this look right to me, I think it would fake. And of course you you threw it out there to you know, a skeptic or someone who was on the fence about it. They wouldn't think that these footprints were real. These footprints and I'm looking at I can like, for for some of these, I can go through the data set and find three or four five footprint casts that strongly resemble these, But there's no there's no one's questioning that these have been hoaxed.
Speaker 1: It would be cool, is if you could uh put a big foot for like some prints impressions in like mixed in like you know, like you didn't have an inside job, but have like a real anthropologist present it to people say like, look at these footprints, we found this other hominid, and you know, every one of those actions would be like, oh, yeah, you can see that this lines up with that, Like this is obviously like a bigger version as it evolved more, you know, like that if they looked at the traction from that point of view, they'd find so much similarities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a very interesting stuff, you know. And a lot of these footprints, like this one of the similarities. But that I'm seeing in this photograph here is that the heel seems almost too narrow in some of these, thus giving it kind of a fan shape when you look at the front part of the foot of the ball and the toes, and a lot of these the toes are quite well splayed, and it's very triangular, very triangular, kind of like the fan shape. I talk about the fan shape sasquatch footprint gas a lot the stuff from like Lori Hamilton or some of the stuff from Jimmy houckin the Biologist. Some of the Freeman stuff looks like that, very fan shaped, and these have the same the same signature, I suppose, very very interesting stuff, and it's it's always great to compare. And a lot of these just show four toes as well, which is another very common thing with sasquatch footprints. A lot of a lot of footprints don't have all five toes showing in them, and a lot of bigfoot researchers go the extra mile and think that the animal itself only has four toes. That's nonsense. Squatches have five toes, and they say, well, what about an accent or cutting it off? Yeah, maybe, but It's probably more likely that the Sasquatch just has a very flexible foot, as we are pretty sure they do, and the toes in the press, and that must be the case with these things too. Of course, these are very very old footprints. Do anything could happen, but a lot of these. I'm looking at a composite photograph of one, two, three, four, five, nine or ten footprints right here, and one two, three of them show all five toes. Three that's it. The rest of them have three or four toes visible because of the substrate, because of the way their feet probably interact with the ground, and of course because of the age as well. But I think the bigfoot community probably needs to let go of this idea that four toed prints mean a four toed animal. It's not true. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: I think Bubba had a great point about putting evidence in front of people independent of context. It reminded me. First of all, you know, Roderick Sprague wrote a bit about those the carved stoneheads found in the Columbia River, and so yeah, when Sprague was trying to get analyzes from some zoologists about it. He sent it around to a number of people for their opinions, and what he wrote about it was, quote, he said, some zoologists described the carvings as looking quote extremely monkey or ape like, asking where are they from? When the location was indicated, the reaction from these zoologists was either one of anger or of a concerted effort to erase their former comments. And so I always thought that was a fairly interesting take. And it reminded me too of you know, someone that I knew that recorded what might have been red wolf vocalizations in the interior highlands, you know of the like the Washita Range, where there used to be red wolf's historically, but now they're fairly restricted to eastern North Carolina. And so this person had sent it around and one red wolf biologist was like, oh those sound really does sound really compelling? Yeah, where'd you get that?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 4: He told them, and they said, oh no, well then it can't be because there are no red wolves there. And it goes back to that circular logic of like, well, what would it take to convince you that there might be red wolves there? Oh, well, I'd need to have some kind of evidence. Well, what about this is this evidence? No, No, that can't be because they're not there. So it would be interesting, you know, if you could, if you could put sasquatch tracks regardless of scale, because obviously, if someone sees something sixteen seventeen inches long, they're immediately probably going to be circumspect. But if you had let's say, three D scans and just said, hey, take a look at this, what do you think? You know, you wouldn't want to deceive them and say they were found in a fossil lake bed in Africa or something like that. But it would be interesting because it is the case that as soon as they hear in North America like, oh, well that can't be because there's no such thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it reminds me of that bigfoots are not real because it cannot be real. Right, as simple as that, that's all the argument you need. You're not doing it, not doing well enough, you know. Yeah, I'm loving these footprints, man, looking at these photographs. Everybody should check these out.
Speaker 4: I always put all the articles links to the articles in the show notes, so people, if you open up the episode description, you will see the links to each of these articles that we're discussing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be fun for you know, I still haven't put my my, uh my presentation together for squatch Fest at the end of the month. I'm kind of hemming and hahn which direction to go, because I've got a couple of fun things I'd like to talk about. But you know, an hour presentation doesn't give you much to talk about at the end of the day. It might be kind of fun to put a couple of these up there and put comparative sasquatch footprint casts next to them that strongly resemble them.
Speaker 4: Oh, that would be very cool.
Speaker 2: It'd be interesting, and of course it wouldn't it wouldn't as strongly resemble the home erectus ones. Well, have a couple of home erectus footprint finds already, to my knowledge, is the first Paranthropis footprint point. I mean, maybe there's others, but well, I know there was that other There's that other one that was last year, maybe about a year ago, the Laya totally tracks, you know, not not the most famous one, but there are others. There's another two or three other sites I think of Leotoli tracks at least, and they went back and uncovered them. I think we did it for a topical episode of remember, right, those may or may not be paranthropists, so it'd be interesting. And you know what, with Homo erectus and paranthropists being two of the most successful species or you know, in this case genus, it makes me wonder like maybe those are the best contenders for longevity as well, like maybe we should be looking at some of these almaistes and whatnot in that part of the world in eastern Europe, and keeping Homo Erectus in mind for possible contenders. Since they were home Erectus was by far the most successful hominin. They were around for a long time.
Speaker 4: They had a massive span as well. One of the most interesting things because obviously, when you're positing an ancestral candidate for the North American sasquatch coming over Ourgia as the most likely route to come from Asia, even if they originated outside of Asia, let's say, but at least they most likely came from Asia, and it seems like a long distance to people, and so people tend to think of those distances being covered in migrations as if you know, like a whole population gets up and marches from one place to the other over some massive distance. But there's some rough math that's been done. Roughly speaking, if you look at the fossils of Homo erectus in Africa and their emergence into Asia, which is a very like Southeastern Asia, because you know, they were all the way into Java and other parts of Indonesia and all over southeastern Asia, seems like this massive movement. So people would posit like, oh, they somehow migrated, but actually if you do the math to account for that movement, they only needed to move roughly between five and ten miles once every generation, pretty wild like, so it wasn't like they were marching across these you know, landscapes and epic vistas on this epic quest to get across the world. It's like they were just slowly expanding their populations, you know, bit by bit. To account for the span of time from Africa to Southeast Asia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's chilling and staying put, having babies and dispersing, you know.
Speaker 4: I think another article Bobo had brought up before it was one of Bobos that he submitted, was pretty interesting if you wanted to go to one of Bobo's next was about the carnivorous squirrels.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love it. I love it. Boba, you want to? You want to? You want to kick that one off for us?
Speaker 1: Yeah. The reason I brought this up, Okay, it's about in the Bay Area East area of California, up behind Oakland. Up in that area, they thought that squirrels were vegetarian, but they discovered these ones ground squirrels chasing and killing voles and predatory behavior ever recorded before. Experts say it fundamentally changes their understanding of squirrels, which clearly have more omnivorous and flexible diat than had been assumed. This was shocking, said Scrolls. For doctor Jennifer Smith of the University of Wisconsin. We've never seen this be here before. Squirrels are one of the most familiar animals to people. We see them right outside our windows. We interrupted them regularly. But they started seeing this and the first time they noted it was in Contra Costa County in twenty ten. And when the person reported that, the people are like, no, like you're crazy. Then they Over the next several years they saw forty two percent of the times that squirrels encountered boles, they predated on them and killed them. In ate them. I found this interesting because they said not in this arkle I read here, but I read it this is just a little yahoo come dance to one. But I read the one of the science. It was just like when the Bigfoots, when the rabbit showed about in the Desah areas of California in the seventies and.
Speaker 2: Eighties in the Analope Valley.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I got a little squash reports it was because of the uh because of that, and then they said full populations were up four hundred percent in these areas where the squirrels were eating them. And as interesting because they said that the rabbit population was up four hundred percent out there, and that's not really related. But anyways, so that they said it was because partially as they were competitive, goals were there's too many of them as competitors. And also that they just that animals adapt their diet to what is available, like more than they thought, which which I thought was interesting because the dentition of a squirrel, you know, it's teeth, and how bigfoot, how carnivorous they can be. But people always report, like we talked about in just the last episode, how their whole skull and head, jaws, and muscles and everything is set up for grinding and and you know, processing urbivore or more diet. But we know that they predate on elk and deer and everything else, I mean, anything else they can grab. So it's just one of you know, if that's if that was an adaptation to what was going on then or you know, I just thought that was interesting on that point.
Speaker 4: I think there's a whole host of animal behaviors that we're only now discovering, even in species that we think we understan and fully. I mean, I wrote a bit about the book about orangutan hunting actively hunting slowlors is, gibbons, rats, squirrels, et cetera. And it tends to be in response to environmental changes. With orangs, because they're frugivores, it would happen during times of like fruit shortages due to any number of factors, whether it's a seasonal thing or it's due to like human activity, etc. And that's a fairly recent discovery. I think that was like late twentieth century, maybe the nineteen eighties or something like that. So it makes sense in a sort of far away place like Indonesia to discover something new and rare in a rare ape species. But it's wild to think that there's anything left to be discovered about squirrels in North America, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the Bay Area, in the East Bay.
Speaker 4: But it's pretty bad ass at the same time because it does say that, you know, they were stalking and ambushing, which in a lot of other animals, those are learned behaviors that take generations to sort of formulate and to be implemented. You know, tigers are a great example of that. So it's pretty amazing that I guess, like Boba said, maybe in the last couple of decades, maybe since twenty ten, but spiking now in twenty twenty four, that they've adopted and learned and employed these behaviors successfully. So that's wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Of course, whenever there's too much of any sort of animal the other animal, as Bobo noted, like in the Antelope Valley back in the seventies, when all those rabbits showed up, suddenly there were bigfoot reports there, right, So it's one of the things that I look for, at least when I'm looking for a bigfoot spots where there's too much of a certain kind of animal, and that kind of sort of thing isn't easily observed. Have to be out there or hear about it through the grape vine and go check it out. But I remember talking about that sort of thing always brings to mind of report I took many many years ago. It's probably still in the Vfurro database. In the Sierra Nevada Mountains, there was a biologist who saw this sasquatch while hiking uptrail during the summer at a ski resort. It's like Sierra something ski resort. I don't know. I'm sure you can find it on on the BFRs side if you look. But this guy was hiking up to this meadow to do a survey. He's a biologist, like I said, do a survey at the plants. And he saw what he thought was a tall, thin female sasquatch on the way up and whatever else. And when I was talking to him afterwards, I said, I was asked, you know, of course, how big was a book, you know, book colorosa hair and all that sort of stuff. But I asked him, was like, so you don't notice anything unusual, like where there are too many of a certain kind of plant? Because he's a biologist, why, I asked, I think, like too many of a certain kind of plan or is there anything unusual about the you know, the balance of nature that you saw on the way up or down? He goes, yeah, now that you mentioned it, that's there is something. All these little creeks that I was crossing had more brook trout in him than I've ever seen anywhere else in my entire life. In fact, you could practically walk on them. I've never seen so many in any place in my entire life. As oh, well, isn't that something so again, when when too much of something shows up, the animals are not going to be that far behind, whether it's sasquatches or squirrels in this case. And there's one more thing before it before I passed the mic, so to speak. Is there's a photograph in this particular Yahoo News article of a squirrel holding a furry, delicious chunk of a vole and eating it and like pulling like the fat and stuff away, or that the meat away, and it's all stretching out. But I don't know if you guys are looking at the same picture or not, but man, what a bad ass look and squirrel that is look a left ear, left ear is like half missing. Like that thing's gnarly. That thing is gnarly. But I guess when your food fights back, as you know pretty much all carnivores have to deal with, that's bound to happen eventually.
Speaker 4: It is pretty bad ass. That said, you know, successful kills often involved decapitation, so they're pretty ruthless little warlords.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and of course they're not the only one. What about deer deer in elk They don't get enough credit for being for being the monsters that they are as well either. Like again, I'll go back. I mentioned this during my life presentation sometimes. But there's an amazing video. In fact, I'm not even sure we should post it proved, but it's up to you if you want to do it or not. But there's this amazing video on YouTube. Everybody knows what a body farm is. I assume where you know, you could leave your body to science and they'd leave your corpse out in various conditions, and science forensic scientists come and study how it decomposes, and that helps police officers solve crimes and cold cases and all that sort of stuff, you know, forensic science stuff. These are called body farms. I think there's one in Tennessee there. I think there's one in Texas. Maybe they seem to be more prevalent in the South.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the major ones it associated with the University of Tennessee outside of Knoxville. I actually had a chance to go there in I think it was two thousand and seven, but I didn't get to go. But some people that you know that I took that tracking course, the Joel Harden tracking course, with a couple of my Georgia friends. They had an invite to go there as part of a tracking sort of like a search and rescue training thing and open invite, and I really wanted to go. But maybe I'm glad, maybe just a blessing that I didn't go see that, because they described some of the things they saw. It was pretty gnarly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't unsee that stuff, that's for sure. Well, and of course that's also where doctor Grover Krantz left his body after he died and to kind of get pecked by bugs and insects and stuff.
Speaker 1: And we didn't tell them why we brought it up.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'll get there. But yeah, now, of course Krantz's bones are in the Smithsonian, but his body was actually taking care of one of these body farms, so we can keep on teaching. But anyway, there's this video from one of these places, and of course they have to tie the bodies down a lot of times because they would be dragged away by scavengers of various source. But in one of these videos, taken by a trail cam at one of these body farms, is a deer standing over a human corpse kind of pecking at it, and like at one point, if I remember right, it looks up at the camera and actually has a human rib bone in its mouth. Yeah, an entirely new perspective on BAMBI. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: There's two different videos of deer like hunting and killing and eating snakes snakes.
Speaker 2: I've seen one with mice in it before. I didn't know about the snake one. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a pretty big snake too.
Speaker 4: The one got that's crazy. I hadn't seen that. I have to check that out.
Speaker 2: And of course part of the reason they do this is that calcium is a very very rare commodity in North American forest, especially if you're a herbivore, So they have to get the calcium an unculate, right, So you have to get the calcium from somewhere, otherwise you can't grow those antlers.
Speaker 1: Yeah you need antlers for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who doesn't, sobum might haven't grown back since I shed.
Speaker 4: You have to wonder if anyone's ever observed this behavior and tried to report it and wasn't believed, Like, Hey, I saw a squirrel hunt and kill a rodent and decapitated and people, Yeah, sure you did, buddy.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, you know it.
Speaker 1: The professional wasn't believed at first. But you know, as you say, the reason I brought up the whole thing about the squirrels was because relating to Bigfoot, well is do you think then that was a later adaptation, whether it became more carnivorous, like started eating like way more meat after they'd already evolved into this giant plant mastricating giant head.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's the kind of the theory that I floated in the book, was that, you know, it could be the case that due to the same pressures that cause ranus to shift to hunting pressure or the same pressures that you get put on chimpanzees in places where they become more reliant on hunting. You know, I try to pull examples from the known apes to say, like, well, under these circumstances, and some of those are due to human conflict or competition, and so you know, I'm using the gigantipithecus model in the book. But gigantos shared the landscape, you know, they were sympatrick with Homo erectus for over a million years, and there would have been overlap with Homo sapiens.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The most recent Gigantipithecus fossils in Asia are from the Lang Tren Cave in northern Vietnam. Those are roughly like eighty to one hundred thousand years old, and then zero dongs here in cave are the oldest Homo sapien remains, which are dated somewhere between like one and one hundred and twenty thousand years old. So there is some overlap, especially assuming like that wasn't the very first human who showed up there, and that wasn't the very last gig I guess that died there, you know what I mean? So I try to lay out, like, here's all these factors that might have driven these generalist herbivores to start exploiting meat as a food resource, and we see that in these other well documented the known apes, and all those factors could easily apply, or any combination of all those factors. So yeah, I would think that that would be the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, particularly like traveling in more temperate regions where fruit would probably be more scarce, I would think than tropical regions for example. Maybe I'm way off on that, but it seems to me. There's a lot of berries and that sort of thing, but it seems to be that fruit in general is just a bit more rare once you get about a forty fifth parallel, you know, certainly. All right, well, let's go onto another article here. This one is we found it on earth dot com and the title is Chimpanzees can plant adapt their use of tools just like humans. And for me, like you know, I'm not one to underestimate apes, I don't think very much. I know how amazing they are, I know how human like they are, and also how ape like humans are. You know, we're all family, so to speak, and so in a way I almost struggled with this in a way because to me, finding out that chimpanzees, okay it can use and discern which tools are the best and adapt to them, to me, it's like a no dumb moment. But at the same time, and my big takeaway for that, well, let me talk about the article I guess first. So basically, they found that chimpanzees, when presented with a bunch of different kinds of stones, they would choose the best stone for that particular job. Okay, Now, even if the stones weren't from that location. So they would introduce stones to an area with a bunch of nuts, for example, then breaking of nuts by stone is a known chimpanzee behavior, right, So they would introduce a bunch of stones that were not necessarily from that area, and a variety of shapes and sizes and this and that and whatever, and the chimpanzees would go through and choose the ones that they felt would work the best, and to their surprise, they often chose correctly. And also to their surprise, if the chimpanzee, halfway through the task decided that this isn't doing it, they would find the right kind of tool that would help them do it better. And I guess the big takeaway for me is that even though it seems like no, duh, Yeah, of course, of course they're going to do that. Anybody would do that, you know, but you know, for a lot of scientists, chimpanzees aren't necessarily buddies, you know. Anybody isn't a person, you know, they aren't people enough to do that. But at the same time time, of course they would, of course they would. But and so I started thinking about it's like, why is this really science? Like why is this news? And I realized, oh, it's actually because of the science that this is news, because it is observed and documented and measured. Now, things that are obvious may not be scientifically it's not like they're not scientifically true. I'm having a hard time describing this. The things that are obvious that you wouldn't think would need to be proven, Sure, go the extra mile when you have data to support it. You know. It reminds me of when doctor Anna Nakaris was asking me about sasquatch behavior and I was telling her and she goes, well, how do you know this? And I go, well, this and this and this and just yeah, but where's your data? And I realized, oh, shoot, I don't really have data. Necessarily, I have accounts, but data isn't really data until well, I guess it is. But you got to crunch it, you got to analyze it, you got to do the work with the data to make it mean something. And to me, oddly enough, that's the takeaway from this article, for me at least, is that things that seem obvious may still need to be supported with evidence. Otherwise you're just talking out your butt, you know, at the end of the day, like, of course sasquatches do this, of course they do that. Well, how do you know that, Well, because everybody knows that. Well, a lot of those things aren't true. Well because I saw this once, you know once. To say that they do this implies that the entire species does this. And so even something as obvious as a very intelligent animal like a chimpanzee would choose the appropriate tool for the job or change its strategy if the initial choice wasn't the right one. Even if something as obvious and the written as that still needs to be supported with data and evidence. Otherwise, again, you're just talking about what you feel and nobody cares. You know, your feelings don't go very far in science. They need supporting observations and to make it not true because it's true anyway. Again, science doesn't tell you what's true. Science tells you what's supported by evidence. We can see what's true. But you know, science isn't the dictator of what is true and what's false. It's what we can learn out of what is true and what's false. You know, am I making sense here? Or what helped me out? Guys? Am I making sense?
Speaker 1: Or what?
Speaker 2: Can you clarify what I'm trying to say? You guys don't be well enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: For something to be considered scientifically valid, it needs to be not only documented but quantifiable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. I should have just passed the mic to you to be in with and could endit this podcast in a half hour ago.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I know it's es deefinitely worth talking those things through and talking them out, because, yeah, there's a number of things that we could probably bring up as an example that are you know, within the known category colloquially but maybe not scientifically validated to the standard that other things have been validated or at least verified via data that's quantifiable. And there's a number of things that just cannot be studied. Like I end up talking about this a lot because we focus a lot on instinct and what things are innate and hardwired instincts, and what things are learned, you know, nature versus nurture. You know certain learned complex behaviors. And the reality is like, you cannot observe instincts, they're unobservable. You can observe behavior from which you can infer an instinct, especially if you're looking at a population that spans across multiple environments, multiple ecosystems, let's say. And if a behavior is stable regardless of the environment, then that's more likely to be an instinct versus if it's more labile, that it's context dependent, it only occurs in certain environments and not others among the same species, then it's more likely to be learned. But again, you can't observe an instinct. You can't prove the existence of an instinct. You can only infer it from observing, documenting, and quantifying instances of behavior. And so I think things like this do point to maybe both nature and nurture, and the fact that it is shared across closely related species suggests or from which we can infer that maybe those things predated the last common ancestor between ourselves and chimps.
Speaker 2: And of course this whole breaking of nuts sort of thing, you know, this whole nutcracker sort of observation or the behavior that they're observing as President's sasquatches as well. I mean, some of the best stuff that I've seen came out of that the NEWAC paper. Forgot what that's called, but you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: The washer Tap Project monograph. And I've seen some of those nut crushing stations. I've seen several of them down there in Area X, and they are pretty remarkable to see, and it's hard to find an alternative explanation other than that something with hands was responsible for that. Given the location of some of these, it's like, I don't think it was people. And then some of them are in not obvious places, but in places they are easy to see from old road beds and things like that, where you know, I guess someone who really skeptical could say, well, yeah, person did this, but it's like, for what reason, to what end? But then we've found ones that were well away from anything, kind of in the heart of big thickets in secondary drainages that feed to the main creek, where you're like, oh, here's another example, Like that's pretty bizarre. So I can link to the paper there, because yeah, most people who are interested in the subject should read that paper. And the paper's pretty scientific and for that reason, intentionally sterile. I mean, there's a lot of exciting things outlined in that paper, but it doesn't quite read like a narrative because it's presented like a monograph that details an observational field study. But if you want the story, the narrative version, you know, my good friend Mike may Is his book Valley of the Apes to Search for Sasquatch and Area X is a fantastic read. So I'll put links to actually both of those the read pdf document that the NAWC offers, and if you want to read Mike's book, I'll link that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just whatever it's worth, we have autographed copies of that in the date of an ABC store.
Speaker 4: That's the link I'll put in. Everybody wins, yeah, yeah. And then our next to last article, we do have an article that Bobo submitted that's well in keeping with one of my favorite books on the evolution of apes altogether. So if you want to set up that article.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had a recent discovery, well not that recent, but I guess the skull was found in twenty fifteen. It's really well preserved in the Anatolian section of Anatolia Mountains of Turkey, and it's kind of There's been a lot more theory coming that Hominin's actually originated out of Europe and dispersed back into Africa. They found this skull, it's like eight point seven eight point seven million years old. They is the best guess on that, and they're part of the earliest known group of hamas, which includes not only African airs like chimpanzees, banevas, and girls, but also humans and their fossil ancestors. So yeah, that theories gained in traction, and especially with this this skull, because it suggests not only that Hominin is not only evolved in western and central Europe, but spent over five million years evolving there and spreading to eastern Mediterranean before eventually this person into Africa, probably as a consequence of changing environments and diminishing for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a problem with that though. They're not using the word hominin correctly, they're using hominin as a derivative of a larger group.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say that I caught that. Sorry, I to need to cut you off. But no, no, no, I probably cut you off. I apologize no, because I was like, I was questioning myself. I'm like, you know, Nature and Science magazine can't get this wrong like that, there's this whole article in a doubt.
Speaker 4: Well, I think we're seeing like the Earth dot com version, so it's like their reporting of the the source article. And so yeah, very often people get those things wrong and they don't differentiate between hominoids, hominids and hominins. In popular media, that gets screwed up very often, and then that sort of misunderstanding gets applied colloquially, and so I end up spending a lot of time sort of clarifying that for people, the various differences and trying to find analogies. You know, that work. I end up because I'm food motivated. I try to explain to people, well, you know, it's like all hominins are hominids and hominoids, but not all hominids are homin ends, and not all hominoids are hominids. And so it's like all eminems are chocolates, but not all chocolates are minems, and all chocolates are candy, but not all candies are chocolates. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right? What a confusion exactly? Then you get it or you're done. I guess.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: The first time I heard of hominids and hominids was to meet your Bayanov, the great late Russian researcher for the omissey what they call them, the Russian snowman. Yeah, so they called them the snowman. But where when did that start? The hominid hominid?
Speaker 2: It's fairly recent, I think, because there's been a lot of back and forth over the last few decades.
Speaker 1: Even I think the Russians introduced it. I think like those guys like Dmitri and his crew, I think they might have actually been the guys that started that.
Speaker 4: Well, they didn't originate that the nomenclature, because the nomenclature was used for you know, the living apes, including humans and fossil apes, and then there were there's older taxons or taxa that I still see, like pongd is a now obsolete tax and that I still see people use that you would have seen in print like the eighties and maybe even the nineties, but is now considered obsolete. Everything that was once pongd is now housed under hominid, and so orangutans are not considered pongids. They're hominids like gorillas, et cetera. And then outside of that you have lesser apes which are hominoids. Homonoid includes the lesser apes, the great apes, the humans, human relatives, et cetera, of human ancestral relatives, and so that nomenclature does change quite a bit over time. First it was Boris Porsnev, the original Russian researcher into mystery apes, and he positive the term relict homanoid to include, like, wherever these things fall on that family tree, they will be homonoids, whether they're discovered to be hominids or homin end's, at some point they'll all be under that larger umbrella of hamanoid. And you know, Meldrim sort of resurrected that term probably maybe fifteen years ago something of that nature, not only with you know, he later titled his journal The Relict Homanoid Inquiry, but you know, with that same thing in mind, giving a tip of the hat to portionev, but also saying like, no matter what these things turn out to be, whether sasquatches are ranked index, the migoid, Yairen, whatever the case may be, they will certainly all be hominoids, no matter where else. They all higher up on that branching. So I think Dimitri might have been putting the cart before the horse to refer to some of those things as Haminen's. So I think portionive was key to he had the right idea. And Porsiv's book has recently been translated into English and published. But to further confuse the matter between the Almasi Almahsti the Captar, you know, these these various Asian and Central Asian mystery apes, the Barmanu, et cetera, which are markedly different than the sasquatch in many ways. When Porsiv's manuscript was printed in English, they called it the Soviet Sasquatch. So it's like they did portion of a disservice. But it's a great read. I recommend everyone read that. I'll put a link to that in the show notes too.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised how big these things were there, between fifty and sixty kilograms, so like one and ten to one hundred and thirty five and forty.
Speaker 2: Pounds, which is the chimpanzee size.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big, big chimp. The fossil suggests that anadol Luvius lived in a dry forest environment and likely spent us with a significant amount of time on the ground.
Speaker 4: I was going to say one of my favorite because they referenced David Began here at the University of Toronto. Because as soon as I saw the headline of the article you sent, I thought, oh, this is right up Began's alley, because Began wrote a book a number of years ago called The Real Planet of the Apes, and he's one of the major proponents and makes an extremely compelling case for you know, what we would call modern apes, or apes in the modern sense, having evolved in Eurasia rather than in Africa, even though you know primates came out of Africa, but whatever turned into modern apes having occurred in Eurasia. And he wrote a great book about It's one of my favorite books about the apes. And so as soon as I opened the article, and you see Professor David Began from the University of Toronto, you know, and professor alias Savim a Role I might be mispronouncing that from Ankara University led the international team of researchers who conducted this study, and you know Began and someone I would love to speak to at some point in time, just because I loved his book so much. It's a really fascinating insight, and he does have a bit of a Bigfoot reference in there. In fact, he's been featured in a few Bigfoot documentaries. I can't remember if it was something like Monster Quest or I've seen him in some of these one off things and even in the Real Planet of the Apes. He says, quote, I hesitate to bring this up, but well, we all know about the reports of a gigantic bipedal ape roaming the forests of the northwestern wilderness of North America and parts of northern Central Asia. And then he goes on to describe it a bit, and he says, there's no evidence of Bigfoot, but I am among some I suspect many professionals who wish that this were not so. And so he's got a little bit of hopefulness and he says, you know, I conclude with some sadness that there's no evidence of Bigfoot, but I hope to be proven wrong, and I look forward to the feedback from the community of believers. So it seems like he's somewhat open. So he's someone I'd love to talk to. So maybe a listener in Toronto will pass this along that we're celebrating his work.
Speaker 2: Heah, what else can I ask for from a working primatologist is an open mind about the evidence. Because I think the primatologists themselves, some of which listen to this podcast, I might say, so hello, are probably the first to admit that they haven't been exposed to a wide breadth of evidence, and certainly not enough to move the dial, you know. But that's where we come in, a fairly normal, sober, pretty intelligent group of people who are advocating for evidence. Because I say it all the time. It's a Terrence mckinnic quote, but I say it all the time. The truth can withstand the scrutiny. Come on in, take a look at the evidence. Let's get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and I do. I reference Becan's book in my book. It's just such a great book. So again I'll link that in the show notes. I think anyone who's interested in this stuff should read David Began's book, but this article will obviously be linked there as well.
Speaker 2: It's on the bookshelf behind me right now.
Speaker 4: It's a great one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you know that brings us to our last article, and this is the I have to admit this is my favorite. Then could we have a very special treat for everybody today too that goes along with this. But first, let's let's talk about the article. The article is actually a press release more than anything else. Here's the title right here, Hangar one Publishing author Tom Powell issues a formal statement amidst drone, citing speculation. Now, of course everybody knows about all the drones of her New Jersey and many, many, many other parts of the country. My wife was following this pretty closely for a while because she's a big UFO fan, and New Jersey got most of the press. But apparently this was happening in other places throughout the United States. I know that a bunch of stuff was seen outside of Eugene, Oregon down here. There's some up in Washington or Seattle where else, probably a few other handful of places that I'm forgetting right now, but the drone thing, which has kind of died down at this moment, but they're still going on. Apparently this sort of thing is still going on. Of course, many many of these drones are just normal aircraft, right, many many of them, but not all of them. And even scientists and the pilots and the military folks and the governments and stuff, even they admit that, like, yeah, there's the you know, some of those are just normal things and people are panicking over nothing, but there's there's something going on. And of course that everybody knows that. These these hearings were going on because politicians in New Jersey in the area were going, hey, government, you're not really doing anything about this stuff. But if these are not ours and you say they're not ours, they say, you say that they're not this or that, but you're not telling us what they are. But you're saying, oh, but don't worry about it. That's not a lot of that's not a lot of you know comfort. I suppose we don't know what they are, but you don't need to worry about it. Well, that's that's not good enough. Right, that's that's ridiculous, So that the article here, I'm going to read some of this stuff just because it's it's awesome. Tom Powell addresses recent drone citing speculation. Of course, Tom palif you're new to the program here, he is a kind of a prolific author about weird stuff. He started out as a big footer. In fact, he started out as flesh and blood bigfooter, and I think he got kind of bored with it and found other things to look into and started exploring the weird side of stuff, went paranormal, and now he's kind of all over the place paranormalist. We just had him on the podcast for the second time, just a couple of months ago, maybe this past summer, if I remember right. We had him on years and years and years ago when we were first starting out as well. He's a good friend of everybody's on the podcast and one of our favorite people in the world, let alone in the paranormal community, right, which I don't really consider myself in the paranormal community at all, but I know a lot of the people out there, and I you know, as long as we're not weird and poshy about it and stuff and defensive. I love it, and Tom is really the poster child for that. He said, clap, I'm so glad you're doing the ape thing. That means I don't have to. There's way better things to look into.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He's encouraging of my work, and I'm encouraging of his work. It's just awesome. So here's the press release though Portland, Oregon, December third, twenty twenty four. Renowned paranormal phenomena research and Hanger one publishing author Tom Powell has issued a formal statement addressing recent speculation regarding the connection between mysterious drone sidings and the release of his latest book, Planet Strange. While the timing has led to considerable speculation, I want to be absolutely clear that neither I nor anyone associated with my work has any involvement with the recent drone incidents, states Powell. These sidings, though coincidentally aligned with themes explored in Planet Strange, are entirely separate from my book's release and promotional activities. The statement comes in response to growing social media speculation linking the unexplained aerial phenomena to the book's publication, Planet Strange, which examines various paranormal occurrences in their potential local origins, was released several months before the reported drone sightings began. So, uh yeah, so that's the Jedda goes on. You can read about it. We'll be posting this with the show links and stuff. So just to be clear everybody, Tom Powell himself has come out to say he has nothing to do with the recent drone signings in New Jersey, so everybody can relax about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's exactly what I would expect a Macavelian intergalactic mastermind to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone will say, like what, Tom Poll's I kept hearing this, Tom Pole's behind this, Tom Pole's behind it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what we don't. You don't have to listen to me, as I tell everybody almost every week here. Don't believe me, go look it up for yourself, fact check me. I'm wrong all the time. Let's let you probably heard enough of us by now. Let's go straight to the source. Let's go out to the field. Our roving weird, our senior weird correspondent, Tom Powell, is actually on the line right now. Okay, So here we are with Tom Powell, our official senior Beyond correspondent, Senior Weird correspondent here on Bigfoot and Beyond. Thank you Tom for joining. I understand you have some thoughts on a certain topic.
Speaker 3: I have thoughts on many topics.
Speaker 2: Exactly, And I wouldn't mind making this like a regular feature whenever you have something to add, for something that's in the news or something you want to add. I think it would be a fantastic opportunity for you to come on and share your thoughts with us, because it's a lot of fun to talk to you all the time. You're always up to something weird.
Speaker 3: Don't get me started.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I don't want you to stop, let alone start. You know, well, you know that everybody's paying attention right now. I guess to these New Jersey drones. I mean, I don't know what if our listeners have been paying attention. It seems like everybody has. All these drones are flying over New Jersey. There's panic in the streets. People are saying they're UFOs. God knows what's going on. The Government of Courses in full denial mode. Matt Moneymaker has been tweeting and putting things on Facebook about plasmoids that there's just all sorts of crazy stuff out there right now. Maybe you don't have this thing nailed down, but you have some thoughts on this, and I'd love to know what they are.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I could summarize the whole thing in two words, Christmas drones. Christmas drones. So you used to live in Portland, do you remember that Christmas ships. They'd sail around with a million lights on, blasting their horns. They weren't stealth, you know, they weren't trying to sneak into submarine pens and blow them up. They were out there advertising their thing. They were the Christmas Ships, and they would sail up and down the Atlanta River, the Columbia River wherever, and everybody would go out and enjoy the lights. Well, it was a seasonal thing, and I think there are perhaps paranormal entities who wish to sort of like join in on that. They must know it's Christmas and so they're advertising. I mean, I mean, look look at the situation. They're not being stealth. There's a million YouTube videos and these things are advertising their presence, and in most cases they're flashing red and green lights, which is like an FAA requirement. But they don't behave like aircraft. But they're certainly not being stealth. Now, and think about this for a minute. You know, you have to apply some rules of logic. If they're not being stealth, then they can't be for an adversary. Adversaries. Foreign adversaries would not come in with lights on, nor would advanced military come in with lights on, Nor would they test their stuff in public. They would test it all over secret bases at night. And they admit this thing. So g could it be all these private hobbyists who bought drones at Best Buy? No, because the things are way too large in many cases, and they have very long flight times and their flight characteristics. They're not hobbyists. If it's a government thing, then it would have to be a psyop in other words, a psychological operation. But it doesn't really square with that either. And so once you eliminate these other possibilities, the only other one is what could be called paranormal. You could call it otherworldly. Most people go, oh, well, it's aliens then, and it's like, well, it is, but it isn't. It's what might be most accurately described as introp worldly. In other words, they aren't necessarily coming across space to put up these aerial displays just after sunset. They could be entities that already live here or are already here and stead form but are staying out of sight.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo will be right back after these messages. Now, are you talking like quote unquote interdimensional whatever that means, or well.
Speaker 3: Can guess whatever that means. But you know the problem is, we don't really have the right word, and alien is definitely not it. But on the other hand, that's definitely what it is. It is not advanced military, it's not foreign adversary, it's it's not private hobbyists. It's it's probably not SYOP because it has too many layers. Syops come and they go as soon as they're over with. And if there was a SYOP, it would be for a reason like they want to change the laws and restrict drone use and things like that. But here's the problem. The things that are being observed are ultra sophisticated. They're silent, they of a detection and encounter, They do not emit radioaids. Their ultra long flight times and their flight characteristics defy you know, conventional physics, so that leaves us with alien, even though that's the wrong word. If they come from within the Earth or are somehow manifested by the Earth itself, which is this guy a hypothesis, then that's where I think you have to find a new word, which could be something like human antecedents, intra earthly entities, not inter as in from another Earth, but from somewhere within this Earth, or intra dimensional intra terrestrial. In other words, it's my view that they're emanating from the Earth. And one of the reasons for this is because the objects when they are photographs, do not look like outer space craft, you know, the classic flying saucers for the most part. But but Moneymaker is right that you have these plasmoids as he's calling them, and and that is a physics thing. But the problem is when you approach these plasmoids, then they evade, they shut off, they and in some cases even disable the you know, sort of attacking drone that the cops or military is putting up there to challenge them.
Speaker 2: So as far as like where they're seen, I mean, they're they're all over the place. Now, My wife has been interested, Melissa has been interested in this for a while. She's been following it. They're not only in New Jersey. There's been stuff seen in Oregon, in various places all throughout the country.
Speaker 3: Ohio, and it's not new. There is really not much difference between what's going on now and what they were calling the Phoenix lights almost a decade ago. And they've been manifesting in Seattle in similar ways over the summer. But you know, of course, my joke is that they're doing this in a more conspicuous way over in New York and New Jersey in places like that because it's Christmas, and then we respond by scrambling fighters. Well, that's not exactly the Christmas spirit, folks.
Speaker 2: So the red and green lights have nothing to do with the fa regulations. They have more to do with the Christmas season.
Speaker 3: Another various two possibility, cliff. But the point is, but whatever they're doing, they're advertising their presence. It is almost a bit of humor that they're using FAA regulated lighting where the red is on the right and the green is on the left wing. But that's not happening all the time. Like I say, when other drones approach them, they go blank. They're they're not emitting any noise. They're not admitting they're not emitting radio waves, and operational drones generally admit radia radio waves that are used to identify them as drones and so on and so forth, so you know, they're they're definitely outside of conventional human constructs. So that brings us to Planet Strange. And you know, in the book, I did not in any way predict this phenomenon, but I did sort of explain it, and that is that it emanates from the Earth. They don't have to be coming from you know, far off regions of the galaxy or beyond. They did arrive in some form thousands of years ago and establish themselves here on planet Earth, but more recently, as within their recorded history, they decided to not manifest and let humanity have the Earth's surface, but they probably still inhabit the planet in some form. In other words, there appears to be this you know, other realm subterranean, which in a way makes them interdimensional because you know, subterranean is another dimension. We sort of inhabit the surface dimension. You know, we're more or less two dimensional. We go up and down a little bit, but not a lot. But if you go down deep in the Earth. Then you could be arguably in another dimension, but still come from the Earth. And I mean, it's like, so, how would I even know or suggest such a thing? And unfortunately the answer ends up being a very book length question. And that's the gist of Shady Neighbors. I mean, not Shay Neighbors, sorry, but Planets Strange. You got to read the book. And there are several lines of evidence that I present in Planet Strange that suggest the existence of a subterranean realm. And the question then becomes, well, why are they manifesting now? And I think my answer is, well, it's time. We are finally progressing, and there's enough people like out there who are really just doing everything they can to bring the world into acceptance of this other set of beings, these intra earthly beings or however you want to call them. It's time.
Speaker 2: Even though this is a very widespread phenomenon, these things have been seen in very unusual places like what is it the Picatinny Arsenal, I think in the New Jersey area Trump's golf course, for example. Is it just is are they choosing? In your opinion? Of course? Do you do you think they're choosing these locations for certain reasons, or is it just so widespread that, of course they would eventually be over there too, because they're everywhere.
Speaker 3: And the answer is yes, both of them. And but you know, what a lot of peoples have observed is that they come in off the ocean in the evening as the sun is setting. And there was even one YouTuber who went out in a boat, spent a lot of money and wanted to see them maybe emanating from the water, which would not surprise me at all. But the curious thing is that as this one YouTuber was going out off the coast of Cape May, New Jersey, here comes the groans or you know, we call them own. But again they're the same as the phoenix lights. We just use this word drone now. And they came in from the ocean and over the land. But he stayed out there for a number of hours. They never went back. So where they're going is of course not completely explained or understood, but there are examples that are right there on YouTube. Are the things coming out of the water and going into the water, and so it does seem like they are whatever they call the kind of uap, you know, unexplained aerial phenomenon that is also a trans medium or others can go from water to land. But there are examples of this, which again to me, he suggests that they're emanating from within the planet, but they probably have several ways of coming and going. Now, remember long our last podcast, you you were a little bit disappointed that this new book Planet Strange didn't have more to do with Bigfoot, and I said, look.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I was. I was thankful it didn't have a lot more than a lot to do a Bigfoot tom My quip.
Speaker 3: My reply was, well, I did three books. If that's not enough to cover Bigfoot, and then maybe I just need to switch gears. Well. Interesting. My good friend Tish Piquette even a few years ago, I said, I don't know, Tish, I'm kind of done with this book thing. And she said, oh, no, you're going to do a fourth book. And you know she's a sensitive of course, and oddly enough she was correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very insensitive, I've been told. So it works out. Well, I didn't know it was coming.
Speaker 3: I'm both well. Anyway, So the funny thing is that it really does cycle back to Bigfoot, because if the the beings that a generating this phenomenon reside within the Earth, then they must be aware of the Sasquatch. Because I also advance the idea that the Sasquatch phenomenon also must emanate from planet Earth, because there would be a need for privacy and identity that that just doesn't seem to be available to them on the surface of the Earth. So I think in the in the in order to answer the Sasquatch phenomenon mysteries, we have to include other sources and other subjects of information, widen our search. And then all of a sudden it appears that well, just like these drones or whatever they are, they're staying hidden there. They don't necessarily want to historically meet us, but suddenly things have changed. And if that's true, then it's because perhaps hopefully humanity is becoming more sophisticated, mature, and you know, aware.
Speaker 2: Kind of like the hundredth monkey sort of thing, like you think we're we're we're coming to the tipping point.
Speaker 3: And if that's true, then that's great news for those of us who follow the Sasquatch phenomenon, because that provides hope that they too might also choose to manifest sometime in the fairly near future. Maybe not this week or next, but you know, everything seems to go at its own rate. But by next summer, I think you're going to be seeing en uptick in the sasquatch business as well. And that would, you know, sort of follow with this idea that we're becoming more aware and worthy of entering this I don't know, call it a galactic community if you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might want to call it that.
Speaker 3: When I finished Planet Schange, there were several phenomenon that all have to be considered in order to understand this, And that's why I say it's book length material. There is the course of the UFO phenomenon, but then there's this mound phenomenon that manifests worldwide. The pyramids are an extremely peculiar thing. Egyptians did not build those. They were never tombs. They were built for something else by entities that could move enormous amounts of material. Cattle mutilations totally defied logic, but also factor in in terms of but for reasons that are really difficult to explain in one or two sentences. Then there's Bierma triangles, not burm. You to triangle. But Burm you to triangles that manifest worldwide and what those suggest about things that come and go from either other dimensions or maybe just subterranean And even scripture when you look at the historical record, not just the Hebrew Bible, but other similar documents, Sumerian and so forth, they talk about these exact kinds of things, and then there's some of them more out there, things like the moon itself has got some peculiarities. But then you can't leave Sasquatch out of it. They emanate from the Earth, and so the Sasquatch is another manifestation of this emergence of entities from within the earth. But it's just one that I've talked about so much that I kind of felt like I should maybe give it a back burner on this book.
Speaker 2: Well, you have always been kind of one of the people leading the charge for like the grand unification theory of paranormal you know, like like the gut is a physics thing where they're trying to unite Einsteiny and relativity with quantum physics, and then you know that they have one equation, so to speak. Maybe maybe that's just a metaphor though, but one one equation to explain more or less everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, wouldn't it wouldn't it be nice if we could stitch some of these seemingly separate things together. But I do feel like when you're not getting the answers you want, you have to widen the search. You have to consider other things that you may be excluding for reasons that are more have to do with bias and prejudice. Then, and and you know, it's kind of like one of those Sherlock Holmes quotes, if if you eliminate the possibilities, then whatever remains, no matter how impossible, has to be the truth.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, Tom, I've known you for a long time, and you've always always give me amazing things to think about. Sometimes you give me things to lay awake at night and worry about, But but you always give me a candy for my brain. Things that. And if anybody else out there, of course listening right now, is intrigued by any of this, I would say Tom's book Planet Strange is the best jumping off point you can get. It's it's it's like watching all of the I've said it on our main podcast when when you were on it's like watching all. It's like it's like binge watching all of the in search of all at once. And it is so much fun to read. And I'm so glad that you're involved in this, and and and also thank you very much for coming on and being our senior weird beyond correspondence, you are more than welcome to come back whenever you have something to say about anything that catches your eye or ear.
Speaker 3: All right, well, I'll look forward to uh talking with you in the future. But everyone has their homework. You have to read a book. It would be nice if you could watch YouTube videos and get it, but sometimes you just have to read the book.
Speaker 2: And you might as well read Tom's. It's well written, it's a lot of fun. I read it. Everybody knows that I'm like a stick in the mud, you know, aper kind of guy. But I read it and I really enjoyed it, and I think that's saying something. You buy it, you buy it on Amazon, I of course prefer you buy it from the North American Bigfoot Center on our online store. Matt Prue will put the links in the notes down there.
Speaker 3: I'll get some copies out to you.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, all right, So there you have it from our senior Beyond correspondent Tom Powell. Thank you Tom very much for coming on and uh I've never said this before. Back to you, Cliff and Bobo. Okay, thanks for that. Cliff really appreciate you and Powell. I appreciate Palell too. But Christmas Strones, there's your answer for you, Christmas Strones. Maybe that's why it's died down by now, because we are well into the first week of January at this point, right at the end of the So maybe that's why it's died down because the calladays are over pretty much.
Speaker 1: Here for you. Okay, Well, that's as out a Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Buba. Thanks for tuning in. We really appreciate it. And for our member section, we're going to go over another article that the most received article we've got was about the two gentlemen that unfortunately passed away up in Excimnia County out there Mount Hoit area, going out and getting trapped in the elements and passing away. So we're gonna talk about cold weather preparation and just preparation in general for going out in the woods with squatching. So we'll be joining our patreon family over there, So thank you for listening and until next week, keep it Squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.