Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, October eighth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and sixty one, Powered by NZXT. I am your host, empowered by Friendship, cups of coffee, your listenership, and pictures of cute dogs. Jana Choa, the cutest dog in games media, the cutest dog, and he's got two dogs in him.
Speaker 2: Jeff Kraub, Well rap rop Detroit? What Detroit? What scooble cy young? You kidd be with classic? Get out of here with that horror shit? That's right, Shit Detroit? What that's right? That's right.
Speaker 1: He's he's all, he's all juiced, he's all amped from watching America's pastime and think and speaking about America's pastime. We have America's uh past, present, and future.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: We're officially announcing today that Dan Reichert is announcing his bid for mayor of We haven't decided where yet, but we're announcing.
Speaker 2: Ita Minnesota, mayor of Minnesota.
Speaker 1: The mayor of Minnesota. We haven't decided the.
Speaker 2: Yearical position mayor of Minnesota, but.
Speaker 1: We're teasing it. This is like an announcement of an announcement re announced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, twenty twenty eight. Absolutely, rights, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Danny, you're still running on the no bees policy?
Speaker 2: Or are we good on bees? Now? It's good to be winter.
Speaker 3: It's getting colder out, so I think bees are gonna be less of a problem. So I'm not gonna be thinking about bees until they appear again, and then I'll remember that bees exist.
Speaker 1: What's a Yeah, what's a winter problem in Minnesota? Besides snow?
Speaker 3: It's the problem Minnesota, all right, all right, yeah, that's just yeah, the roads, the freezy cold, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: It's bad.
Speaker 1: And just as we're talking about cold and freezy, we've got the iciest man, we've got the meanest person in games media. That's right, the bad boy from games beat Mick Manny.
Speaker 4: My baseball team lost in a mass that's right, Detroit.
Speaker 2: What okay, We're one and one.
Speaker 4: That was the one game you had to win and it was still clushing.
Speaker 2: It was a good game. Yes, it was.
Speaker 4: A good game as long.
Speaker 2: It's a weird bubble.
Speaker 3: I live in I saw pictures of Mic and grubbed together in the stands of an event, and I was like, oh, it's there like a house show and.
Speaker 2: Go on fair and safe assumption. That's fine. We forgot the actual sports exist.
Speaker 1: Yes, why don't we have more wrestling shows than baseball stadiums.
Speaker 2: I feel like it'd be.
Speaker 3: A fun thing, like like the Eric's era and stuff like that, and Shay Stadium had a couple of big shows and things like that like used to happen more now. Yeah, I feel like aw's run a couple in baseball stadiums and rare rumbles recently have been The Arizona Cardinals stadium was one, and let's there'd be more. Diamondbacks might have been one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like the physical stadiums in general, more constant concerts happened by one even more.
Speaker 4: I think they're always neat there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like like the angle at which the stands are are angled in a baseball stadium maybe not great for wrestling.
Speaker 3: That's why the rumble has the big like curveh you know, like where where was it? We went to the Brown Stadium for SummerSlam?
Speaker 2: Right right? And that was good?
Speaker 1: Okay, that was good, Mike Greb I appreciated monitoring and watching your date happened yesterday, had.
Speaker 2: A very good time. Yeah, it was it was awesome. It was a jelly.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh wow, look at these two chums chumming.
Speaker 2: And it was like fifty degrees out. It was, you know, like fifty eight or whatever. It was Christy and and uh we drank a lot. It was good.
Speaker 4: That's bought the dreams from God.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybels is supposed to be closed on Mondays, but they actually opened up because the baseball game is happening. So good barbecue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't been following baseball this season.
Speaker 2: What's what's the baseball? And looking like show show very good still apparently the Yankees are very good, but they're struggling a little bit because Aaron judgesn't it doesn't hit in the playoffs apparently, and Tigers have had the best team since August. So I'm really hoping, hoping they could pull this off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nolan Ryan still playing, Yes, Okay, he's got to be old now.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's a hundred, but he still throws a hundred, so that they may could be good by the hundred for one hundred.
Speaker 1: Is very Bond still playing, Uh yeah, wow, wow, he's still on the ro He.
Speaker 2: Changed name of Kerry Bonds and he's white now and plays for the Tigers. WHOA, yeah, it's pretty pretty cool how that worked out? Yeah, Bonds?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Kerry bonds again.
Speaker 1: He changes Yeah, right right, you just add a beat to someone's name and they're a completely different person.
Speaker 2: That's right. They can't be trading any time. I knew he was immediately. Gee what what what name? Could I add?
Speaker 3: Beat?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: My own.
Speaker 4: Think?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: Your own? Names would be mine?
Speaker 1: At least he's up front with you know, with it. He's he's not where we know Mike at this point.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Is everything else cool?
Speaker 1: Is everyone else doing fine? Else?
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, you know, we're fine.
Speaker 1: I I made this discovery last night.
Speaker 2: All right, all right? Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh the margarita buzzball, right, bix is very well with orange juice. Oh yeah. Yeah. I also remembered I don't like sweet liqueur or liquor. I uh I. I do like dingy dark bars. I'm still on the fence on whether or not I like for net. I re remembered that vodka red bulls are very dangerous but oh so delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also still don't like clear alcohol because brown is good for the get down.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: It is like a case of the Golden Idyl puzzle word. It's like, Okay, I have to write down all these things and figure out which thing he drank at this murder scene.
Speaker 1: But yes, over the weekend, I went to our dear friend Emma Five's weading, lovely, gorgeous wedding, the most the most well planned wedding I've ever do. Yeah right, I told this on Game Me Us yesterday. But we were by a train track, and I was worried, like that the the proceedings would be interrupted constantly by a train. And then we get to the vows and it gets to Emma's and then I'm just thinking, I'm just so worried because like, Emma looks great. It's been a great day, whether in ally's beautiful, I look beautiful. But that's besides the point. I shouldn't be trying to steal the show from the bride. Anyway. Emma starts her vows in the whole time I'm on pins and needles waiting for this train to pass by. And then she finishes her vow. They exchanged the ring and then the train goes and then everyone at our table was like, that's Emma fight for you schedule.
Speaker 2: I am dead set that she did. I believe that she does see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm also half convinced that there wasn't a shoot train and that it was all the work.
Speaker 3: Oh it was a wedding train.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a wedding train, because like there were giant hedges and I never saw the actual train.
Speaker 3: Oh oh okay, good sound system.
Speaker 2: Good sound system. Maybe yeah. Maybe.
Speaker 3: One of the funniest things I've ever seen. In apologies if you've heard this before, is going to a wrestling event like rural, like a small town Minnesota, and the Honky Tonk man was there and he went out. It's clearly a thing where Honkey Tonk got paid a couple grand, come out there, you know, sing a song, you know, do his finisher without bumping for his own finisher, and then leave. And he comes out there clearly not into being there. And it's add like a street fair thing and it's by train tracks in some little town and he comes out and he just wants to get through his like little two second promo so you can get the match done and go home. Fucking train comes by immediately and it's the longest train that's ever existed, and so you just see Honkey initially get like really pissed off and look at this train like all right, hahi, you know, kind of playing the crowd like, oh got to wait for this train, and then it just keeps going and keeps going, and he just goes into like turn buckle, leans against the turn buckle, watching him like do the mental math of like when am I getting the fuck out? Like am I just gonna leave? Do I need to do this promo? I will get on a plane right now. It was like a five minute train Honkey talk ran getting so pissed.
Speaker 1: I love that the Honky Tonk Man is a reoccurring character in your life, Dan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been in a lot of places in your life.
Speaker 1: Mainly that that was the night I drank with Oh yeah, Dan, I remember last this past mania you running it into him at the bathroom.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I find out he had to heat with Adam Cole. Yeah, was a costing fans in the bathroom for wearing Adam Cole's shirts.
Speaker 1: Talking maddest ship to part, perhaps the nicest guy in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't think that Cole knows yet. Heat with honkey.
Speaker 4: I bet things going.
Speaker 2: On, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm on Adam's side on this one.
Speaker 3: I think generally an argum mentioned with the honkey, unless it's Jerry Lawler, I'm gonna take the anti Honky Tonks.
Speaker 1: Side, anti Monky side. That's that works on so many levels. It's great, gentlemen, anything else before we get to the.
Speaker 5: I should have some like fun goose to share about yesterday, but we've mostly just had fun.
Speaker 2: It's mostly just n Yeah. Yeah, it was cool. It was we just kind of you watched the game. I was like there were a lot of Tigers fans at the stadium, but not in our section. I was isolated, but I tried to like tone it down a little bit. It was very hard when the three run home run happened. I kind of exploded after that.
Speaker 4: He just a lot, which is fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I punched him in the arm quite hard. But it was like it was crazy because that home run, it like was hit very hard. It was up in the air for like seven seconds or something like that, and it's like you could hear everyone stop breathing, and then when it finally lands, only like me in the section screaming and everyone else is dead quiet. It was a it was a good cathartic moment.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I I want to give a special shout out, specifically to Nicky Grayson for letting me crash at their place. Oh sure, and putting up with my drunken hijinks as I'm writhing around their floor at like three am in the morning, uh, getting very emotional about the state of my life. But also they showed me the steepest hill in Los Angeles. Oh wow, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 1: They just asked, you want to see it, and I'm like sure.
Speaker 2: It was part of the writhing dealing with seeing this hill. Man, that was a steep hill. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought hills were my thing as a San Francisco and I'm like.
Speaker 2: God, I have other places have hills. This is all I have up that hill.
Speaker 3: Shawn Michaels Undertaker, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Sorry, No, we went driving up that hill, and then we're driving up that hill and we went to the turnout and then I had like a very good cup of spro.
Speaker 2: Anyway, video games, I.
Speaker 3: Still don't know if I've heard the shoot version of Running Up That Hill Michaels Undertaker version.
Speaker 4: It's not as good as that. Yeah, it's really good. That's crazy that.
Speaker 3: I've only heard that in context of Shawn Michael's Undertaker.
Speaker 2: Like, that's one of the best promos ever. The original versions so good.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You did you go to the original? I thought it was like eighties? Do you say em?
Speaker 4: I may not know what m is. It's like a bit electronic. It's like kind of I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've heard of Kate Bush.
Speaker 1: Song you, I mean you you have because of the running.
Speaker 3: Up the wrestling version that's not by her, or it's by her, it's not sung.
Speaker 2: By her who sings that version? Is it placebo?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: I think it was originally in Vampire Diaries because I remember listening to it on Spotify and it was like Vampire Diaries or whatever it was official soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Placebo like that band from the two thousand. Yeah, guess it would be on all right, ye weird?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, Jeff Grub, I haven't heard of this game Pinball Spire or What's What's happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh one of these video games where they take pinball and then they kind of make it in an adventure game where you're exploring a larger map, and you know, similar to Yoku's Island Express, a little bit more like pixelated in its presentation, but it feels really good. The pinball stuff feels very accurate, very physical, and the character that you play as this little I guess you play as the pinball board, but your guy that you're knocking around, it's just got little big eyes and he's a ball. That's it. And it is pretty good because it gives you these small sections of a pinball table and you could pause the game at any time, but clicking in the left stick and that gives you a cursor, and then you can hover over all of the elements of the table and it tells you what they are and kind of what you need to be doing to get them to do the thing you need to do to progress. The thing about pinball tables a lot of times is there's a lot of complicated elements and you need to take time to figure out what they do so you can get a high score. So here it's like, well, that knowledge is in the game. You can figure that out. Now, it's just comes down to execution. And then on that side of things. They got like a Man of Magic system where you can slow down time and if your ball guy is on one of the flippers while you slow down time, it'll give you the trajectory, the estimated trajectory, like the little dotted line to show you where it's gonna go, so you can really just dial in and feel really good about the shots, and it's a pretty like it all just feels really good together. And then once you get through one of these sections of the table, most of the time, between like one or two sections, you're gonna get to one of these save zones where you could just save your progress and then you go to the next one. So it doesn't feel like one of these ones where and as you're moving up vertically, let's say you have a bad shot and it goes right down the middle. It's there's not gonna be a time where it's just like goes down five boards and you lose a ton of progress. You can lose a little bit of progress, you can't lose a ton. So it mostly feels like, Okay, I'm just kind of moving through this table here and it's yeah, it's really well done. I've played for a couple hours on Steam Deck. It runs really good on there, and if you're someone who's like in the mood for pinball at any time, I think this is a good one of these, especially if you like Yoku's Ilen Express, which I liked a lot. I don't think I loved it, like that was the Metroidvanu one. There has been a lot of Metroid Veanu stuff here, but there are like you can see like these lanes. Sometimes going across the table, You're like, how do I access that? It's like, oh no, that's something you're going to do in another room and it's going to loop you back around through here and you're gonna be able to get all the coins inside that.
Speaker 4: So it's a sonic spin ball, Like it's a sonic spin ball Like, yeah, lovely, lovely.
Speaker 3: I like the idea of Yoku's Island more than I liked playing it, I think. But looking at hearing you talk about this and looking at the image, it almost has like.
Speaker 2: A dead sales type dead cells.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this looks like a good Steam Deck game that I should probably have on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of feels like, you know, if Nintendo made a Kirby pinball, like expiration game for the Super Nintendo. Okay, it kind of like reminds me of like kind of what that would be like. So yeah, pretty pretty pretty happy with this, pretty impressed by it. And I think if I were to present it to back of Art, you know, it's video game pinball, so he's immediately going to have some animosity toward it, but I think he would like mostly give it the thumbs up of approval.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's really interesting.
Speaker 5: And also I asked Google if Kate Bush is DM, and it said no. Kate Bush is not EDM, but for music is considered to have introduced electronic music to a generation of music fans.
Speaker 2: Was she like the first dj ass tits? The original?
Speaker 1: I can't even play along with this work? No wonderful right ej as tits is a genre of her own making, genre defining and breaking.
Speaker 3: So Kate Bush is to e d M what like George Clinton was to FUNK.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: No, let's just go with that. Not everyone agrees.
Speaker 6: Not just not M.
Speaker 2: Electronic dance music run by Kate Bush are very far away.
Speaker 3: I'm trusting my friend Mike.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say that when I think the d M, I think of Z and that doesn't necessarily line up with Kate Bush.
Speaker 3: Lord Z yeah er DJ, Now that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, you're right, Dan, You're right on this one.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: He was tired of doing evil. He just thought, I want to make it you Fay turned for Lord's nice. It's tired of running up that hill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's frozen, just.
Speaker 2: The tribal chief. Okay, okay, I can't hear though, you can't hear. He can't hear.
Speaker 4: The conversation was so bad. His computers dying.
Speaker 2: He know.
Speaker 1: He he went to go listen to some actual E d M. He wants to go do some research. He's gonna go find that out.
Speaker 2: For us.
Speaker 3: People still say techno or is it they say house now right?
Speaker 2: Or trap? No? Trap, trap is different rap.
Speaker 3: There's just a bunch of nouns that are genres.
Speaker 1: Now, I guess trap music, Mike is music that I really like. And uh, once you hear it, you would understand. Oh yeah, this, I understand why Jan would like this based off of what I know about Jan that it does a.
Speaker 5: Song ever, sample Admiral Akbar saying it's a trap that'd be pretty good.
Speaker 1: No, no trap, trap bom.
Speaker 2: A trap that's like trap. Yeah, she's actually a trap star. I definitely can hear us now, I can hear you. Now, you guys have heard me.
Speaker 4: Now I hear you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were not on topic. No, no, we we've gone straight to the emails. You know that's a good idea. Straight to the emails is right in this show.
Speaker 4: I guess how Someboddy and Jets say I yearned for death.
Speaker 2: Email.
Speaker 3: The last song I heard was I was watching an O three rod drugs.
Speaker 1: They'd so pinball spires seems great, Grubb. Do you think your experience would be improved if you got to play it in TAT mode?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh yes, of course mode is always superior when you're playing one of these pinball games. But it works really well, uh you know, across the screen on a steam deck. But uh yeah. I think every game, if it has any sort of verticality to it, should support TOTE. I want to turn my TV sideways? Oh yeah, let me do that. Yeah, we turn everything sideways.
Speaker 1: Clip boys in the days sitting sideways. I have continued to play a lot more of Kill Night. I've actually beaten the first level, which took me a very only the first only one time only one time off and God, this is one of those games where it feels like all of all of my brain is power is being used because you really do have to rely and get used to the rhythm of firing off your weapons when you need them, because as soon as you're reloading, you start to notice, like, oh shoot, I'm really really low on health. Let me like do the quick suck button instead of the active reload.
Speaker 2: To power up my guns.
Speaker 4: I ever gently looked at the camera. Is what I did.
Speaker 5: N't knew what he was doing with that one.
Speaker 1: This Uh, I think that this game has though that I think a lot of other.
Speaker 2: I does Hades have a perry if you get the shield? Does it right? Probably?
Speaker 1: But like it's like a Captain Yeah, like a Marvel.
Speaker 2: Pery game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have that dash like reflect thing that's more of a reflect move.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: I'm such a big mark for any time you get a weapon that gets rid of a projectile, because I'd gotten so used to the bigger sword that you start kill Night with. And for folks that missed last week, it's a dualstick bullet Hell roguelike Delio set in Hell and but everything switched up and how I started attacking levels when I got a different sword that has a much smaller area, uh that hit box, but you destroy projectiles that get thrown at you, and then it just switched up the format entirely.
Speaker 2: And the thing that stinks is that.
Speaker 1: I felt like I'd hit a wall because I couldn't complete some of the objectives that it outlines for you, like get nine and ninety nine kills in a single layer, and I'm still not quite sure what they mean by layer, because I thought that meant the level, but then it would keep resetting, so I'm still a little bit fuzzy on that or other objectives like you need a five hundred kill streak and then you need to parry someone. And I kept trying to get to a point where there is like a specific enemy in a map that pops up, but I keep losing it. But it turns out if you keep grinding away at these specific levels, you can unlock enough currency and use that currency to unlock that objective and complete it versus actually shoot doing it. Kill might still highly recommend. It's one of those games though, where like my eyes get super blurry after staring it because I'm staring at it for so long. Also, I just really dig the style of it. This is another year for like goodass style games. A lot of strong style out there, Absolutely a lot of strong style out there, really hard in Japan, just like these boys hit hard in Dragon Ball Sparking Zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just started this and mostly out of curiosity because it's getting pretty good reviews, and think a lot of it's nostalgia, like it's fun, it's fun, Like I get it. But I think given the people who like it will be like, yeah, I'm here because I'm flying around and I feel powerful. I don't think there's gonna be a ton of least Okay, at least in the single player campaign. I bet you could take this online in like ranked mode and have maybe a lot of fun there. I'm just like, not, I'm not gonna be there for that most likely. So I'm playing through the campaign and it just feels a little spartan and weird, where I'll be fighting Ratits and I'm like, Okay, we're in this fight, and I battling and I know how the show goes. He's like, that's gonna be kind of a stalemate and he's gonna take the kid Gohan and kidnap him, and it does that. But after like the battle ends in this like weird, abrupt way that doesn't feel in any way cinematic, and then it plays cut scenes that are just stills with stuff you read in a little bit of voice acting, so that stuff's not great. But then when you actually are in the battle, it's, uh, I'm flying in, I'm punching a bunch of times. Then I'm trying to get some time to retreat so i can charge up my key. And then once you have your key charged, while you're actively charging it, you get the options to do you know, kamehameha or or a spirit bomb and later on and all that stuff, And it's, uh, that stuff feels cool, but I'm not like falling in love with with what I'm doing. It just kind of it's like a basic way to engage with the stuff that looked cool on television, and as a delivery mechanism for all that, it's kind of unassailable. I think, yeah, it's doing exactly what you want if you want to feel like you're part of the show. Anything more than that, though, it's I don't know, it feels like a game that's punching above its weight a little bit. It feels like a see that because they're doing everything cool and and it looks great and the characters models are so on point that it's like un its way into a bee and uh yeah, I'm kind of flying with that to a.
Speaker 5: Certain I'm largely so I really respect fighting games that just have very large rosters, and this game has like one hundreds playable characters like that, and I'm kind of like, I kind of whoa, I respect that.
Speaker 2: And apparently it's got a bunch of modes as well, so it's like the campaign I'm doing, I bet is like a fraction of the percentage of what most people are going to engage with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the way you describe the story mode reminds me of like when you do the like historical like forty years of WrestleMania modes. That's okay, you do the match until the point where there was like the V and Q finish or the interference, and then it's like a cut scene of this thing. It's like, okay, well, I guess the match is over now.
Speaker 2: It feels very in line. Honestly, dragon ball and wrestling are the same thing already, so yeah, it's kind of like.
Speaker 5: That it'd be weird because, like I remember, even back in the PCE two era, I was kind of tired of all these games just retelling the story of Dragon Ball Z, so in terms of doing that campaign, but like so much of it is super now, which I've consumed very little of. But like I see, just like pictures, I'm like, Ohky has blue hair and red hair and yeah, white hair, and I don't.
Speaker 2: And there's yeah, beus. He's doing his thing.
Speaker 5: People like Brus, That's fine, he seems fun. Like I know some of this new lord like part of me's kind of interested in learning about it. Other part of me is like, it's gonna be weird to like first retread ground, I like tread a dozen.
Speaker 4: Times and then all of a sudden get to this new shit. I have no idea about.
Speaker 1: Grub is the story laid out that you can kind of just choose where you jump in or do they start you.
Speaker 2: At the very beginning, when I started it, I was like new game, and there was one option called Goku, and I selected that, and yes, I selected the Goku option, and which is always dangerous, but I did it, and I immediately went into fighting rabbits and it was the beginning of Dragon Ball Z. So I bet you onlock more story modes and there's other options on that screen eventually, but as it's presented initially, it feels like this is where you're supposed to start if you want to learn the basics, and uh, you know, they give you a really quick short tutorial there. It's a complicated them I think in terms of like anything you could be doing at any one moment, and you kind of I'm like, the tutorial is good at introducing like what the buttons do, how to use them, when to deploy them. I'm still pretty lost on so I'm trying to play the campaign because of that, in case maybe one day we did want to like play multiplayer and see what that is like. And it's like, okay, I'm still kind of I'm like, I'm gonna have to do this, and this feels like the only option really, So I'm gonna fight rabbits and now I just beat up what's his name? The bald guy. Dude was Goku's brother. Goku's brother the very beginning, yes especially yeah, Goku like holds him and Piccolo does his sniper shot through both of them go oh, I forget Yeah, now I'm your dad. Number one kidnapping of all time.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's fine. Gohan Is now has two dads. It's okay.
Speaker 2: I remember from.
Speaker 4: The one and it's not good.
Speaker 2: Seanna Chet. This is kind of the feeling I was getting. He said, this is an odd one for newcomers to play in twenty twenty four. It's not really intended to be an entry point. It's supposed to be a PS two ass homage game because that's what the Budocai fans have been begging for for over a decade. This one million percent feels like fan service over everything else, and specific fan service for fans of those games and Dragon ball Z. And I think you know someone who likes Star Wars Outlaws because I think they did a really good job with the fan service there. I get it, and I kind of begrudge it. I don't begrudge it at all. Yeah, like do that that is almost certainly the right choice for this video game. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I remember checking this out and really walking away very positive at Summer Game Fest because of everything that I saw. I think I did that same intro mission grub where you fight rat It's and then the stills, And I wasn't as bothered by the stills because I think, just like you said, Mike, I've just seen this so many times that we don't need to devote like a good chunk of time to this, Like let's just see the stills and button through the dialogue. Something that they are doing that is interesting in this game is they're kind of doing a Marvel's what if where they will give you certain scenarios and then you could see an alternate reality of how they play out. So instead of Goku dying with Ratits, maybe Goku perhaps lives and then you explore that mini alternate reality. I'm not sure how many points they do this throughout the game.
Speaker 2: I've only seen it once. And it's like do I work with Piccolo or not? Like that was the first choice, and I was like, I'm like, the what if is don't work with Piccolo? And what would that? What would that have been like? And I'm like, Okay, that might be interesting, But my first time through, I'm like, I don't know. It feels like I'm supposed to still work with Piccolo because that makes sense for the flight. Why wouldn't I I picked the thing that makes sense, so it does give you a reason to go back. I don't know how appealing that's going to be, because I still think these fights are mostly gonna feel the same, like in terms of like what you're doing. Maybe some of the options change a little bit, but I have to explore that and see.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to see because I think they also showed off at Summer Game Fest, and I haven't seen much chat or hype about this. Is folks being able to make their own scenarios with their own characters and kind of like in that WWE SmackDown style of like hey, like kind of like a mini GM mode, but instead of like running a full campaign, you're just running a certain scenario and like, hey, you have to fight this character.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm sure you have.
Speaker 1: To fight as this character against these three characters. So I'd be interested to see how people wind up making their little, mini weird scenarios.
Speaker 2: It's also very much like bashing toys together in a good way and so giving people more ways to express that. That's a good idea.
Speaker 1: I think it's very ballsy. Also to have such a gigantic Okay, thank you, that's.
Speaker 3: Pretty good Mike, I'm outing that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: You must be a joy to watch movies with.
Speaker 4: Again, I didn't mean.
Speaker 3: It for James Compress conferences after my birthday.
Speaker 5: Greenberg appreciated that, by the way, two months until my birthday as of right now today, Thank you, Thank you for.
Speaker 3: Very serious about that after your shoot shoot, children talk about their own birthdays as much as Mike naughty grown up.
Speaker 2: It's about equivalent. Okay, that's almost exactly equal.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be what trouble Dan records of what tweety at me while you guys are talking about dragon.
Speaker 2: Doing that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I I do appreciate the dragon ball ziness of this to have such a deep roster and to acknowledge because Dragon Ball as a whole, I feel like has really tried to erase everything about g T. And then yes, like there are GT characters in this right, I believe I saw Baby is involved.
Speaker 5: Oh babies, because usually they'll at least keep you super saying for Goku and because people like those designs. But yeah, putting Baby in there, that's that's pretty rare. What's Baby's gimmick?
Speaker 4: He's just the bad guy of GT.
Speaker 2: And cannot be putting Corner.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't know. I never watched GT.
Speaker 2: Don't.
Speaker 4: I read a Wikipedia about it once?
Speaker 3: Is Z like the Attitude era and that there's all sorts of more like it's gone on for many many more years and covers this wide swat the stuff. But people still just talk about Z all the time.
Speaker 4: Yes, people talk about Super now people like Super still but like.
Speaker 6: Z.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, early Super is like uh Super Sena era Ena. Yeah, all the stuff GT was ruthless aggression.
Speaker 2: Oh not good?
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, this is a director now.
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, okay, the better the better comparison for GT DAN is it is the w W E c W era.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yes that's not good at all. Yeah, no, exactly exactly there like a Bruno Samarto was their anime before Dragon Ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dragon dragon Ball was Bruno samar Tina.
Speaker 3: Okay, So like things Bob Beckland, Folks.
Speaker 1: At home, if you have never seen the original dragon Ball with kid Goku just dragon Ball rules, continue listening to this podcast, but also watch that show at the same time.
Speaker 5: They have kid Goku and not think there's any other dragon Ball like o g characters, which is said like not even like Evil King Piccolo, which you think we can maybe make it in there.
Speaker 2: Where is little kid krilling? I need more little kid.
Speaker 4: Rill little shit? I liked him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Krillin is the strongest human being, all right, and I think you all need to acknowledge that.
Speaker 2: And that's why he deserved a robot wife exactly.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna guess that epic rap Battles of History isn't really hit with the kids anymore. But the Superman had a pretty good line where he said, I'm killing it, you're krilling it.
Speaker 2: I thought that really got him.
Speaker 3: Mike, I did I dream this or did you do a gamer rap thing on YouTube?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He did dream that.
Speaker 4: That's not real. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Grab it.
Speaker 3: If I wanted to search for this dream on YouTube, what would.
Speaker 2: I look up? Gamer rap Mike Manati, gamer rap Mike Manatti. Yeah, the gamer rap, the gamer rap Mike.
Speaker 5: You find that I didn't actually like spend money to license that background beat or anything.
Speaker 4: You can't just play that out.
Speaker 6: You mic calm got I'm good, I get it. Not your cheese, bitch.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 6: I'm a gamer podcorn crowd. When I'm in Jack Winding aloud. I captured the flag. When sugar I get all the.
Speaker 2: It goes out for another three and a half minutes. Just keep playing it, Please keep playing it. Let me live in the background.
Speaker 6: Because I'm too cool. I only put a book them on in middle school. I always win a fight being online on land with droplets, sister ponder ring what is a man? I like to bash sony because they are down, but to eat pizza because of this round. They like my girl's blonde and their T shirt. We see puts the speech. I screamed shot and gets always I'm always put to scream. That's not I played no counter strike because me and your mom were up all night and me in g t A. They don't bess with me, they say, out of my way. My famous score exlips is yours?
Speaker 2: If they eve.
Speaker 6: When anna shut, spread your butt to shove it R game, okay if your best not squeal?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, man, what if this is the podcas that ends us?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: I gotta listen to more. E m that was great. You can put it back on. We're good.
Speaker 1: It's good, Mike. It's good, it's good, it's good. It's good. Now on Mike Manati's has been playing Resident Evil three.
Speaker 2: Put him back on Mike. Mike has to do with their butts.
Speaker 4: It just to spread up and shove the wet chuck up there.
Speaker 3: The nuts chuck that seems counter intuitive.
Speaker 4: And shove it up, grab that nun chuck and yeah, you know what, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Really good Mike good pizza because it's round. Yeah, we should't.
Speaker 1: We should remaster that, like like Taylor does, but like Mike's version.
Speaker 4: Mike's version, well they do the shield.
Speaker 5: It does that because then she doesn't have to like, uh, share any money with the original like distributor or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's why, That's why you would do it too.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm going to d m c A you guys for playing that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I think we should open the next live show with like a mini rap show.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that'd be good.
Speaker 1: Like I'll open for Mike and then I'll just do the one piece rap and then Mike and I can do in the end and then we end with the gamer rap.
Speaker 4: I like to be good the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here we go something, I'll do a live rendition. Look, I'm actually kind of impressed. That there's not actually anything problematic that I did there fifteen years ago or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm restrained, and I think the rhymes are good. It's really fun. You kept on the beat the whole time.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, you didn't get to the end where I just started listening off sequel games to finish it off.
Speaker 2: It's good. Well, okay.
Speaker 5: That this is all on the up and up. I bought the licensing fee for that backing track.
Speaker 1: See chat read your butts was restrained.
Speaker 5: I told somebody to shove a week boat up there. Ask you guys are fine.
Speaker 2: They take take your weird shove, but it's a completely fine thing.
Speaker 1: You're fine, everybody, Okay, all right, Mike MINAUGHTI Resident Evil three, tell me about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the remake.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been kind of playing through some a lot of resieval games because for a while I was a big baby, and then it like zombies and I only played a couple of them, and then gosh, you know, you know, I loved four remake last year, and I played through the Resident Evil remake that first came out on GameCube it's on steaming places, and Resuble two remake and gosh, they're just very good at doing these remakes of Resident Evil games. So the kind of first spooky game I played, uh for October, and Russell did it for our Gameless Game club that Jeff and I have on our kind of stuff is remake, which I.
Speaker 4: Was interested in because this is the one that people seem to have less love for. There's kind of some complaints about the pacing and some of the stuff that's not in the.
Speaker 5: Origin, but like, I was kind of excited because one, I never played the original Resident Evil three, I don't know if I will, and two like like that's like the piece of game criticism that usually ages the worst is like, oh, this game's too short. It's like at the time, it's like, yeah, you can see how that's a problem. You buy a thing for sixty bucks or whatever, yes, some expectations, and then like you know, a few years later, if it's just something you get in a Humble bundle for like ten bucks with fifteen other games, it doesn't really matter that Resident Evil three is six hours long. And as this six hour long almost kind of roller coaster ride, like you know, much yeah, much.
Speaker 2: More fast paced.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of fun because it still just has those Resident Evil two mechanics get a bit fit more fast paced.
Speaker 7: You have this.
Speaker 4: Dodge thing going on there and it just goes right.
Speaker 5: It is like way more of like if Michael Bay did a Resident Evil game, just kind of more set piece based, not as many puzzles, not like super pure action like a Resident Evil four, but certainly getting closer to that than what Resident Evil two is. I still really liked it as something that I played through in a couple of sessions. Jill Valentine very cool character. It's always just fun playing as her. Very good boss fights with Nemesis, especially some of the ones in the middle. There's like that bit where he's kind of like running. It circles around you, like on the sides of buildings, and you have a grenade launcher with like the mine bombs, like shoot it in front of him. Then when it hits him, he like goes like, you know, falling to the ground. You have to shoot his weak point for a while. Just all feels very satisfying. It's still a very good looking game. God, that Ari engine is absolutely stunning.
Speaker 3: So I think you're playing it now is probably the best way to enjoy it, because, like it was pretty quick after RI two remake, which was just such a huge experience. It was so so well done, and then you know, coming right off the heels of that, with it just being shorter and also like didn't have a huge wow factor of RI two suddenly being like that, it was hard to not compare it, you know, And now it's like removed from that comparison and the price point step we talked about, like I could see it being easier to enjoy it was. It was never bad. It was just like a little like just down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like somebody has to be the Resident Evil three in that series. I guess right, They can't all just be the best games. Ever, there's still a lot of the stuff. Again, like I never played Resident Evil three, even the original. Like my very like uninformed thing was like, isn't doesn't that game just take place in the same place as Residual two and you go into the police station for a bit is all it is?
Speaker 2: It's pretty neat.
Speaker 5: My favorite thing about it is that there's still like locks with combinations in there, and they have the same combinations as in Resuval too. And I had like my like post notes from when I played Residue to last year. Still on my test, I was able to actually just use these stuff.
Speaker 1: Open up these locked crazy whatnot. So that was fun. Hell yeah, hell yeah. Well going from one whoreor remake to another. If you missed BombCast Revengetions. Last week, Dan and I chatted about our time playing Silent Hill to remake. I've been playing a little bit more of it, and I just want to reiterate that I think it is a fantastic remake of it. The acting is really top notch in this, and I know that there is the reverence for a little bit of the cheese and the specific character models from the original Silent Hill too. But I think the way that Bloomer's adapted this and shouts out to Bloober for working really hard. Oh god, Mike, I've been worried about that. It's okay, it's okay, we're still rolling. I think they have done a really, really good.
Speaker 2: Job at it.
Speaker 1: I still think that the fog is a little too oppressive, and at some point it's like watching a movie that doesn't need to be in black and white, of like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we got it. Yeah, it's a plot point the fog.
Speaker 1: There's symbolism for this okay cool. I don't know if I want to finish it, mostly because I've seen that there are multiple endings to this game, and they've also added a couple more endings from the original set of endings, uh from the the original game, and god, I just don't know if I want to go through everything going on in Silent Hill two and how sad and dower of a story it ultimately winds up being, and then to get an even worse ending. I remember Jess was particularly worried that I kept sucking around and like looking at the knife in the original game, because apparently that affects your.
Speaker 2: Emission.
Speaker 1: There's there's a yes, my knife, who's out there? And she thought because I kept looking at it, it would signal to the game that I was thinking of some very unaliving stuff with James the character, and I.
Speaker 2: Was not cognizant of that at all. We don't want him to d sinc. No, we don't want it.
Speaker 1: We don't want him to dcinc at all. So I'm a little bit worried of because I'm assuming that those meters are all still invisible, that you don't see any of the choices, and how it's gonna affect your ending and.
Speaker 2: I just I just don't want the bad stuff. Guys.
Speaker 1: I know it's gonna be bad, but I know, yes, that's what I want. Just give me the dog, all right, boyos uh one more game to chat about before we go to break and Mikey and I have been playing through this.
Speaker 2: And me and Dan have too. We should start Dan, what do you think of metaphor refantasio? Boy?
Speaker 3: It speaks to the history of uh uh, intimacy and capitalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, religion is bad? Get weird?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's about It makes me think about colonialism a lot. WHOA like the way it deconstructs things. Yeah, and there's no ludo narrative dissonance.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the best part. Garrative dissonance.
Speaker 3: Yes, turn based on we Wow.
Speaker 4: I just absolutely crumbling that astrob. It's that game of the year anymore.
Speaker 2: Huh oh wait, playing this game? What are you talking about? Playing this game? Nerds on it? I know you're not a nerd.
Speaker 5: Boy, this game is very, very good, and yeah you expect it, right, the persona team really doesn't miss. But I was like I was a little skeptical, like, oh, we're just going to make a fantasy Persona how daring. It's so clearly from those people, and it has a lot of those persona trappings, but a lot of it is a bit different than you're expecting, and a lot of it is different in some pre significant ways. Like the battle system here is uh is quite different. Like you still have to exploit enemy weaknesses to get extra turns, but there's like a resource for that now, and it's for your entire team. Like in the Persona games, especially, somebody play a lot of them. They almost it almost started to get a little bit easy with just how comfortable I was, like, okay, weakness week this weakness, they're now using all out attack.
Speaker 4: It doesn't really work like that here, you know.
Speaker 5: Because of that, battles seem a bit more interesting, bit harder even, And that kind of ties into the job system. And I love any rpg with a job system, which is just like a class system that you can kind of change out at any point. And there's usually a way to get abilities from one job you've like mastered to a certain level into the other one, and that's here too, So you can be like a Knight who has all these physical skills, you can still use that one healing spell you had from back when that character was in the healer class. So just mixing and matching these abilities, and you have to specific ones because like instead of personas, this is what you have. So depending on what your archetype is, that's what your elemental weaknesses are going to be, and that's what abilities you're going to have in your arsenal. So there's a lot of times where I'll like do a fight and I just am not like, Oh, turns out what I brought here is not really gonna work. So when I lose, I actually do have to rethink that stuff and set up my team quite a bit, which again in a persona game, usually I just go in there with whatever I want and I'll pro probably figure it out eventually. There's a lot more going on her in terms of the strategy.
Speaker 1: Especially in terms of beginning a fight from the jump, because you do have the option to scan your environment and you can see the level of enemies and if like they're proportionate to where you are, if they're gonna be a little bit tougher. But there's also like a they have the persona ambush type of thing where if you sneak up in an enemy, you can kind of break their guard down, and then the game will prompt you when it's time to initiate the actual fight, because you could just kind of meleey away at an enemy until their guard meters down and then you're like, all right, let's jump them now. And I really like that aspect because I love jumping people.
Speaker 5: Right, and that's like, you know, all that persona like style stuff is great. But when it feels the best because when you push that button after you kind of do the hack and slashing and then the're in the air, you push that button like flashes to one of your characters like faces with this like evil like let's get them grinded, and then it goes straight into the battle with that incredibly good battle music, and of course the music is good, just having like some of that hack and slash flavor in the field when you're doing the dungeon crawling and if you're stronger than an enemy, you don't have to fight them and get into a boring battle where you're just going to match the attack, but you just kill them right there on the field like that, and not super satisfied with Mario RPG. Kind of like Mario RPG Infinite Wealth. You know you can kind of like, oh quickly through those battles. Yeah. Boy, the voice acting and just the characters in the writing, like all that stuff is hitting very strongly. And I'm only to be clear, I'm only like ten hours into this game. I'm not super far ran, so I haven't. But the game keeps adding stuff.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: I know some people like, oh, like, maybe the game won't click to you quick for you unless you're forty hours in. I can understand how there's gonna be new stuff being added to the game. But at least for me, it clicked pretty early and by ten hours I had like done like the first real dungeon, and like the social stuff and the calendar stuff is opened up for me. So still feel like a full game. And I'm you know, grocking it and really appreciating all of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you, Mike, at ten hours in, I mean, ten hours in any game is a big investment. But do you feel like this has got it hooks into you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And yeah that the hooks were in pretty early on, even when it was like clear, I'm like, you know, okay, this is a lot of more of this setup stuff, and it's being story driven and I'm not really interacted with all the mechanics that this game is going to have, but so like the story is paced. Well, yeah, it's a slow start compared to video games, compared for jerrpg's not really even compared to Persona games. I think that this probably gets going almost faster in oh yeah some ways, like even early on, when you're not like you don't have all mechanics, you're still in a dungeon, you're still doing the fights. You unlock that job archetype system pretty early on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think other than Persona five Royal, this has a very very quick and very strong start. You get your kind of summon mechanic of your persona or your your I forget what they're called, your archetec.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just so fucking metal. There were so many times when I'm playing this game and it's just stimulus overload because.
Speaker 2: Someone just took off.
Speaker 1: All the the style guides at Atlas and was like, no, let's just do everything. Let's literally do everything. And like the music, like Mike mentioned that battle theme, it's not my normal cup of tea, but I am chugging this shit by the gallon.
Speaker 4: Oh good, this weird kind of chanting thing.
Speaker 5: And then it gets like very epic and yeah, like it starts off as so that you're not expecting. Then it builds into what you probably would expect from this kind of game. It sounds so good. Again, this cast is already fantastic. I love that, Like every persona game, like their first party member is usually some kind of loser, dufist guy, best friend who I never actually like.
Speaker 4: And here like that, the first person who joyed your team. He is just a cool dude. I like him a lot. Then the next one, Halkenberg this night all Haukenberg is cool as hell. Just very good characters so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I especially like when you rank up your social links and it's just like the most stylized. It's like the second it's number two on the mount Rushmore of video game DAPs, right, it's immediately right after Cyclops and Reu. But then it's just like giant texts, Okay, fine, it's it's two and three. It shares that and it's just like a just firm ass handshake.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're cool.
Speaker 1: This is the stupidest comparison I will make about this game, but it is like watching hot Rod and pop Star right oh and realizing, oh, this is this is a lonely Island joint. They're using all the tools that they have and they're this is a lonely ass Island movie. And that's what this is with Persona of like they've taken every single thing that is hit in the previous games, and they've kind of this is still a lengthy, beefy game, but they've like cut out a lot of the fat, like you don't have as many social links here, and I kind of enjoy that, and it does make it feel like the relationships that you do have with your party are more impactful. I love the Little Dude, Mike, have you gotten the Little Dude yet? I think I know for the demos it's a little mouse guy. Yeah ah oh.
Speaker 5: His voice was so good when I played it at a summer game fest because against the archetypes, it looks like a little night But in my demo he's like a major archetype and he was just like before he attacks, like think me, no mage, I know something of the spouse And I was like, that's kind of a cool line. I like this guy, like this game.
Speaker 1: Goes so fucking hard, it goes so fucking guard and I absolutely love it.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 5: And you know, you talk about the social links, and yeah, there are as many, but they feel more impactful to how they tie into the game here. In the persona games, increasing your social links is how you get stronger personas. You can maybe unlock some special ones, but here it's tied into those archetypes first unlocking them, which is important, then eventually powering them up. So yeah, I think you get a more kind of a more satisfying power boost in the field with them.
Speaker 1: The funny thing that I can definitely see a younger, perhaps collegiate person playing this game and maybe this is their entry into like the Atlas universe and seeing like, oh.
Speaker 2: Man, the bad guys are called humans. Yeah, I mean humans are bad? Oh then bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is a lot of that meta stuff, Like it's like they talk about, oh, there's this utopia kingdom where people aren't as racist, and that's like, oh, are they talking about not our Earth but maybe Unearthed of some kind.
Speaker 4: I'm very intrigued. I'm very into Oh.
Speaker 5: I'm like I've been playing it on my raw ally, which I talked about how I like my raw Alley before, and they sent me an X. Well, I do appreciate that, And like I was playing it on the old one before and it was sucking through that battery pretty quickly. It h it's a lot better with the battery on the X and it's you know, looking very good on there. There's like a little bit of maybe like lesser frame rate when you're in those more popular towns areas, which isn't all that much of a problem. When I'm in like the Dudgeons and the fights, it looks fantastic. So I'm very happy playing it on there.
Speaker 1: I've not tried this out on the steam deck yet. My attention has been wrapped and I just want to see it on like the biggest TV possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I still need to actually try it that way because I've actually only been doing it there. With RPGs, I usually prefer playing them handheld in one way or another. So much so I did all of Persona three reloaded our reload on my normal rock See.
Speaker 1: I seem like I was thinking I got to circle back by the end of the year to Persona three. You your hand is up grub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was good. You finished it. I just wanted you to be acknowledged that I have a question, but finish your thought first.
Speaker 1: I was fully intending to go back and try and clean up all the other RPGs before the end of the year for Game of the Year season. So I thought about going back to Persona, thought about finally finishing Rebirth, but man, playing this though, it's one of those delios where maybe Rebirth is too much, maybe we didn't need all that.
Speaker 5: I still like Rebirth a lot, and I kind of like its bloat in a weird sort of way. Yeah, but this, I think this is probably the most important RPG to finish before the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Now absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's like a dragon, But go ahead. I love that freak. But I don't know grub that's that's fair. Uh okay, Mike, you're ten hours in jan How long did you say you were in I'm like forty now, okay, ah. Yeah. The things that do have me curious about this is the storytelling and how it uh you know, Dan was joking earlier. It's like, oh, it's saying something about politics and religion. But I have heard people like say exactly that, have you gotten a flavor of that mic and how much is do you feel as like actually a cogent commentary and stuff that might be interesting to me as someone who likes that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: I think it's very deliberate with that religion. I haven't gotten a huge sense of that. But again, there's you know, there's like different races of people in the game right now. It's very clear from the beginning, like, oh, some of them are you know, treated as second class citizens, and some people are upset about that, and maybe other some of the kind of people there's there's sort of a Game of Thrones thing going on here. People are vying for the crown. So some people are gonna use that, you know, the satisfaction maybe on their side, but they're not going to fall through with it. It's a very big part of what's going on the story.
Speaker 1: I also think the antagonist, is your main antagonist, is really well done because sometimes in persona games it's it's kind of vague as to like, all right, who are we fighting? What are we fighting? But here just from the jump is like, no, that motherfucker. He's bad. He's cool, but he bad.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, when you start the game, it like shows you the cut scene of from doing a bathing Dan, Do you have a problem wopecker.
Speaker 3: I it's crazy right now. Normally they're always pecking, but like I'm hitting the walls. I'm muting because I'm being professional, but I'm banging on the walls, and I feel like the woodpecker is like challenging me and like hitting back harder as I'm hitting. I need to go check the side of my house. I'll be back.
Speaker 2: Keep talking about anime.
Speaker 4: God, what if Dan got killed by a.
Speaker 1: Woodpecker, that's the only thing they probably they'd befriend him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say, hi, okay, so there. I mean every time I ask someone this, they pretty much agree to be listen. I like like a Dragon, and I like Super Mario RPG and I liked I remember liking Final Fantasy six.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that these days it's like if it is super talky before I'm getting into fun stuff. No, that's like it's.
Speaker 5: It's hard because to me and I play a lot of RPGs, I'm like, I think this one gets going pretty fast. Actually, yeah, but you know people are gonna have different tolerances for that, Like for you, I'm not sure it might still seem talkie. It also that it's all really good talkie again, right, very good. Right if you're playing in English, just a presentation looks nice. A lot of things are intriguing and straightforward. It doesn't have some of the it doesn't have some of the Kingdom heart stuff, let's say, of nonsense. Everything is intense and a lot but also understandable.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do get a little intimidated by hearing one hundred hours long, but you know, I spent sixty hours in like a Dragon or something like that, so it's not impossible for me. But yeah, I have I'm gonna try. I just got it on those Steam deck I'm gonna install it there. Hearing it runs pretty good there at locked to thirty with the HDRS, so I'll check that out.
Speaker 1: I was gonna recommend for folks that if anything that Mike and I have said about metaphor, if you've seen all of the glowing reviews, go check out Jessica Cogswell's review on GameSpot dot com.
Speaker 2: Very very well written.
Speaker 4: What are your for RPGs? Holy shit? What a year?
Speaker 1: But if any of this has been interesting, please go check out the demo. And I think you'll learn very quickly whether or not this game is for you, or even it's stylistically, because I wasn't immediately wowed by the setting or the story. I was just like you might have, like I don't really want fantasy, but the style alone, and like the voice acting and just the way and the type of story they were telling. It was just like, all right, let's log in baby.
Speaker 5: By the way, and not that the main character is super talky, but I'm so glad it's not a sign protagonist.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of so over that. Like, look, so I'm sorry. Percent of three.
Speaker 5: There's nothing you can do to make me think that this tiny Japanese sixteen year old teenager is Mike Minahi right in name, or like I don't like, I do not project onto these sound protagons. It never works that way. They always say that I don't think I'm Gordon Freeman. I don't think I'm Crono. Characters are just talk now, unless you're like a Mario or something like that.
Speaker 2: When the character treats there's sort of like a skateboard, then I relate to them. Otherwise, of course that's pretty good. That's pretty good. Faster Dance Alive or could be a bunch of woodpeckers in the suit.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, Dan, Dan, Dan, are you the real Dan? Or are you a bunch of woodpeckers wearing your flesh like a suit?
Speaker 3: I saw him. I saw the goddamn thing. Disheartening because I literally last week spent several thousand dollars and stolen intimidators on the side of the house, so it's all these spinny metal things and everything, and got all the previous holes patched up. Nineteen holes got patched up. There are birds living in the walls. Spend thousands of dollars and now it's right back, and it's like pissed off, and it's like making a statement right.
Speaker 5: Now when I don't mean to get duck care dude, are you considering killing the woodpeckers?
Speaker 3: I did ask someone in my family who knows about how stuff and you know, actual handy stuff, like.
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 3: And he's like, all, hell, you just gotta just just shoot him, just shoot him. And it's like, well, hey, I don't have a gun. Be I like birds and animals and don't want to hurt them. See, uh, meterally illegal, I believe, so, like several reasons. I don't want to kill the bird, but.
Speaker 2: Can you can you like shoot him with nerve darts to annoy them? Like is that illegal? It's probably also illegal.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, like ray bottle annoying them.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like the thing is, it's on a big hill. So even now, I just I ate ship and a bunch of leaves out there trying to check because like I'm trying to like scoot down the hill to see down anybody just slipped and fell. There's no foots that now. I did get a picture of the woodpecker. I okay, yeah, I don't know if you'll be able to see much here, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very few things more intimidating to birds than gun.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's right on the other side of my wall there, I see the little guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dan, when you say you've installed intimidators, I do just imagine a like guns pointed out at like where the woodpecker would be.
Speaker 2: Imagine like spinny like Marandy Savage faces that.
Speaker 3: You know, they're like Lisa Frank like glittery like spinny things. It's uh, yeah, I got four of them.
Speaker 2: God damn it. Half I don't know what to do together, bud. Yes, I learned to live with them dinner.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you should max out your social link with the woodpeckers, maybe the archetype.
Speaker 2: Maybe like do something to the mama woodpeckers so when her babies are born they imprint on you and like assert your dominances like your family's now. Yeah, dad become daddy, become daddy Dan.
Speaker 4: It's word that they like your house. So it's more than just the trees that are back there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they should just go to town on that. Is that the thing that heat now too?
Speaker 2: It doesn't like hurt folks.
Speaker 3: Is there any percentage chance I would like metaphor re fantasio?
Speaker 5: No, okay, try it, you don't try it, okay, Like, oh, it should just.
Speaker 3: Be one of those things where I try to expand my horizons.
Speaker 5: And I guess I know, but it's like you did, like like a dragon, but I guess.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The goofiness a lot there. This is a keeps taking itself very seriously. Yeah, I think you have a hard time with that.
Speaker 2: You play fire them games. I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I like fireing them a lot because I like, I hate everything, but the battles. The battles are awesome. I hate having to go, you know, touch a face and hang out in a castle or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know, you're not real gamer. That's all I want to do. I just want to touch faces and hang out, reach out and face Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Why I like Advanced Wars too. It's like, let's just do a bunch of col battles. That's very face touching twenty seconds of anime talking in between. I can handle. But I don't want to relationships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, it is don't just don't do it.
Speaker 2: But maybe maybe I also don't love making relationships and video games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no dating in this one, which I think some at least I think right, and I think that some people are not into that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, I don't need that in every single.
Speaker 2: Line, Yeah, I don't. I don't need that. I don't need that.
Speaker 4: We could just be friends, and we could just be friends.
Speaker 1: We can just like, you know, lean a head on a shoulder and then that's it, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: While we were talking about that, I was scrolling through the list of Atlas games and I realized this fucking company has been around since nineteen eighty seven, across every console possible and I don't think I've played any of their games. I think most of them I probably just saw anime box art.
Speaker 2: Did you play Catherine? That's anime?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, I did not.
Speaker 5: Catherine was the persona team or at least persona people involved in that. So yea, I bet some people who made this game works on Catherine.
Speaker 3: They did Friday the thirteenth for any As, which I played with the friends place.
Speaker 2: Briefly.
Speaker 3: They did Amazing Tator on game Boy, which looks fund but then the rest looks very anime.
Speaker 4: They're played Jack Bros. For the Virtual Boy. Oh no, sorr, Wait, what's Jack Brother Jack Bros.
Speaker 2: That's just stretched.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, look forward to more metaphor refend has you talk. We're gonna have a BCR later this week dedicated to metaphor. We got Lex Luti on deck, Jessica Coggswell, and we're also gonna try Turbo Shawn on myself will also be there in Mike if you if you want, there's always a spot open for your baby.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 5: We'll say I said, I'm only ten hours and I want to play more, so if I maybe something new to say about it. But if there's more informant people than me. I might see the floor, We'll see. And we're also gonna try I love seeing myself on contents, I might chub anyways, And if.
Speaker 1: We don't get this, Mike, we're gonna try and get my boy Michael him on the pod as well to talk about metaphor and how much it has made Michael and I cry. Uh, And folks, we're gonna have ourselves a good cry. We're just gonna we've beat the first segment. We beat it, folks, and now we're gonna cry. And then just like every time, and then we're gonna talk about the news. Right after this, Dan take us away with an emotion in your face, like.
Speaker 2: Like that breaking news, break news.
Speaker 1: Jeff gru has been risked away to a different place in time, a different place in the universe. He is now reporting live from the Dark Universe.
Speaker 2: That's right. I got my Dark Universe hat from from a community member from.
Speaker 4: Nobody who knows. Yeah, it's a mystery. Oh it's not supposed to be a mystery. Okay, all yeah, alright, Gool, I'm glad you were here to save me. Well, thanks for the hat.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, you know I can't get this out of my head. I learned like a Roman Empire fact of the week like happened to me where I'm like, oh, romance. Yeah. I was like, why is it called romance? So I like, I looked it up. It's because romance was an idea that happened in the Middle Ages of like a night, like courting a lady, and that all of those books were written in the Romance languages, which are based on Latin, which come from Rome. And I'm like, wow, that's that's weird and it's all about room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mid medieval Wait what is Middle Ages same as Medieval?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, okay, yeah, yeah, cool, all right, and here's some news. Thanks for dealing with me. Why I couldn't get that out of my head or I had to get that out of my head. Halo's three four to three rebrands and confirms multiple games coming using the Unreal Engine. Halo developer three four three Industries is no more is being rebranded to Halo Studios and announce that's working on multiple Halo games developed with Unreal Engine. Five of the switch to Unreal aims to address issues experience with Halo Infinite, specifically the number one complaint which was there is not enough content coming out frequently enough. This will be able to make that easier because one the tools will be easier to work with, and two they will be able to hire more people who are more familiar with Unreal Engine because those people are out there and slip Space. The engine they were using before was proprietary and everyone had to be trained on how to use it. The studio also says they're making changes to its culture and workflow. In fact, they're like developing a huge program to improve that while also making tools and best processes to work on Unreal Engine. As far as Halo Infinites concerned, it will continue for now with some updates for now, but it is certainly not the future of Halo in any way. In this moment, I was to talk about that game is gonna last for ten years all the time. Yeah, they stopped talking about that a few years ago. A long time ago.
Speaker 1: Greg, we talked about this yes day in game mess and initially I was kind of like, Okay, this is cool. They can pump out more content. But now I'm thinking from the dev side, and now it just seems like, all right, we can exploit people faster and get rid of them faster to find cheaper labor.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, clearly these companies are trying to make more but will also paying the least amount possible. But the good side for developers are or is now come work at Halo Studios, and the work you do here will be transferred or the skills you learn here will be transferable to every other studio that uses Unreal Engine, which is way more than the one that use slip Space. Now. Of course, those skills also were transferable, but just not in the exact same way. So I think this will be more enticing the candidates. So there's some upside for everyone involved here. But yeah, they definitely want to get more juice out of squeezing their employees from this, clearly, but Halo needed something, They needed some changes, and this feels like a big reset that could provide the foundation for something in the future. I don't think this guarantees anything like Halo's big return is not a guarantee now, but it feels like it's increased the odds of that happening.
Speaker 5: And the whole reason that you announced this was a fancy video. I mean, this is a recruitment drive more than anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're hiring a lot of people as part of this.
Speaker 5: They said, Yeah, what what do you think they mean by multiple Halo games? I like it, but the only things I can think of is, oh, so the next Halo. Then there were rumors about remaking Halo one again, and then maybe a separate for you to play Halo Battle Royale. Finally, maybe it's those three projects.
Speaker 2: I mean, Halo Mobile and that Gem was saying that on the show yesterday as well, that I'd so I think they would count that as something. Yeah, I think it's it's probably like that spread that you mentioned there. There could be a chance that it's like and you know, there will be a very story heavy spin off of the Halo universe or something like that, or maybe even Halo Wars returns again. Yeah, I think they did.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like that and like I like the idea of that, and Gears Tactics more than I liked playing them, you know, Gears Tactics as.
Speaker 2: That two of them or Halo Wars, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: But it was never like it was never three four three. Now Halo Studios making those, I guess they're part of it. But like Creative Assembly, yes, yeah, totally so I guess, you know, maybe I.
Speaker 3: Remember when they announced to Halo Wars too. They announcement, people were like, really another one of those.
Speaker 2: That's true, man, most of those people do not play those games.
Speaker 1: Slip Space or did Halo Wars use the slip Space engine or nothing else.
Speaker 2: They probably would have used whatever Creative Assembly uses for Total War I would imagine, right, is that them? Yeah? So yeah, I mean, but still, like, you know, this is just them saying there's multiple Halo games in the works. Obviously Halo Studios probably working on most of those, and they are very likely traditional Halo games in most ways. But I mean, what's the Halo game you guys most want to see from them that would get you the most excited? Because I don't know, I was happy.
Speaker 5: If it is the thing, it's like, just like make one of those that other people seem to like more, I guess, but people will play, yeah, I mean it maybe make the story a bit better, right, like they've had problems with kind of uh. I mean, they almost kind of have the Avengers endgame problem, right, where like Halo three, finish the fight, well, you finished it, and then everything you've kind of tried to do since then story wise has been that tries to move things forward has been a bit of a struggle, and you kind of set up things like Evil Cartana that people don't really embrace, and you.
Speaker 2: Kind of like, I don't know what we're going to do with this.
Speaker 5: It kind of has a wet fart of a solution if you just new characters that people don't really glom onto. So it's it's really difficult to do another Halo set like that, Like maybe maybe you need to do another Halo Reach thing. Maybe you need to do a prequel or an in Betweekle kind of thing set before the end of Halo three and get us something and that kind of you know how we get a million Star Wars things that are in between Empire Ships back and Return of the Jedi.
Speaker 1: Maybe you gotta do a little bit of that. Yeah, maybe we need a Halo squeakal or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Squeakle. That's I.
Speaker 1: I would love another odious, cheap approach.
Speaker 2: To the smaller scale one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, smaller like I don't hot take, y'all.
Speaker 2: I don't care about master Chief, no.
Speaker 4: Character.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he has an interesting backstory but doesn't really ever seem to play into things too much.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The one thing I really didn't like about Infinet was just the way the story was presented. Well, I mean, I don't care about the story either, but the way it's presented is just a hologram talking at you about space stuff, and I was so bored every time it made you do that.
Speaker 5: But I did really like the open world approach to that game, and I thought the grappling stuff but really good. I thought multiplayer was a ton of fun. I had some gripes with a Yeah, they weren't releasing a content to the speed a lot of people were used to. And I didn't love some of that daily challenge stuff, right, like oh, kill five people with a pistol, and I don't want to use a pistol. That kind of stuff is annoying. So I don't think you need major adjustments to just make a more popular Halo game. Part of problem is that, you know, like that fan base did turn against three four three, and I think that's why you have the name change. In a lot of ways, something about just the title three four three industries somehow became toxic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they had to change a name.
Speaker 5: I guess the only thing you can change it too, So you're very clear on what you are is Halo's studios.
Speaker 1: Just give me a bad Batch style game. Were the Halos please Republic Commando?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just make a Republic comanda with the Halo I mean, yeah, we had something kind of like there's a little bit of that vibe in Halo Reach.
Speaker 4: If you kind of push that more, that could really work.
Speaker 2: Like I just want to good squad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, yeah that or maybe time maybe time jump and let's play as somebody else. Right, what does the Halo universe look like one hundred years in the future and we're like a new generation of Spartans. There's a different characters and different problems happening now.
Speaker 2: Yep. And I think the most basic thing they can do is kind of what we said first, make another Halo, but where there is enough content coming out frequently enough for the multiplayer that people kind of can't complain about that. I think if there was a new handful of maps every three months, that would go a long way towards keeping people happy.
Speaker 5: So I think the one technological thing you can do to get people excited is just show them an entire Halo and say, this whole thing is an open world you can walk from like, you can walk completely around it. You can start the here, go through the whole thing and get back to where you were and still.
Speaker 2: More than one place, which didn't bother me, but bother loves.
Speaker 5: Well, if it's one big halo, they can make get multiple biomes. Yeah, I didn't care about that, but it was another piece of ammo for the haters. So sure put a fire level.
Speaker 4: In there or something.
Speaker 2: Yep, some lava and a beach, all right. Sega has announced an Alien Isolation sequel. Sega is developing the game with a Creative Assembly again. The first Alien Isolation came out in twenty fourteen, has become quite a cult hit over time, and now Sega is returning to that with with Creative Assembly and Creativesembly says that they are early in development, so probably several years away, if not more than that. But I think there's a smart move. It feels like the kind of game that would if you released Alien Isolation today and had a little bit more of a strong editing hand. That feels like the kind of game that would extremely pop off today. So I think a sequels a good idea. I want to play the original pretty badly. One of the things that scares me is this like you know thing flowing out there. It's like eighteen to twenty hours long. Yeah, it seems long for that, yep, and it is. That's what everyone says. It's it's long for that game with what it's doing. And you know why they do that back then, because you got to make it worth it's got to compete with every other game on the shelf. And I think people are more a little bit more okay today with games just being what's best for them. Clearly, they would probably still trying to make it feel pretty robust. But I bet this one is not going to be eighteen to twenty hours long, or if it is, they'll have some more more variety to keep it interesting. But yeah, hey, I think it's a good move for Sega and Creative Assembly. You know, Creative Assembly was working on, as everyone remembers, imlaments hyenas, which never came out. I know it's devastating to you, Dan, a huge hyenas fan. Hyenas Mark, Yeah, yeah, Hyenas Mark, absolutely, but this is like, okay, well, we're not working on that anymore. Kind of in a bad way. Our total war games continue to do what they do, but we need to work on something else. This is the right answer, I think for that team. Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare have been announced for PC. Rockstar Games has announced the release date for the long awaited PC version of the original Red Dead Redemption, which never came to PC before. The open world western game will be bundled with its zombie themed expansion, Undead Nightmare. It is coming to the rock Star Store, Steam and the Epic Game Store on October twenty ninth, twenty twenty four, so by the end of this month you can finally play Red Dead Redemption on your PC. It'll have four K resolution, HDR ten support, and full keyboard and mouse functionality. It'll also have like a sweet up support for like Nvidia DLSS and AMD FSR three point zero and stuff like that, so you get frame generation. Although this game should run just about on anything, they just released it for switch, so if your PC is stronger than a switch, you're gonna be fine. That's hot. Yeah, I more, yeah, more chances to play Red Dead Redemption. Great. I think that game's pretty fun. I've never actually played on Dead Nightmare, So maybe this.
Speaker 4: Would be a good chance to go back a Dead Nightmare.
Speaker 5: I really I only played through it once, like Backman came out, but I really liked Red Dead Redemption one.
Speaker 4: That game hit me very hard at the time.
Speaker 5: I am kind of curious to go back to it and see if it still hits that hard. It's been a while, but oh, I'm kind of like, yeah, I'm kind of feeling some nostalgia for og Red Dead Redemption. I want to get to Mexico and have that song play.
Speaker 3: I only played through it once, but I have considered it like the best game of that three sixty generation, and that was a stack generation that edge the well definitely not that, but they should have made a They should have made a sequel the Red Redemption that game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, would we get into red that Redemption two Defender mill it's three against one here, Yeah, you're not gonna win, ye?
Speaker 2: What about her?
Speaker 4: Better worse than Horizon for bidding West Horizon?
Speaker 2: I think I'd rather play Horizon. Should we have Wild West Week? Oh god, wild at Sunset Riders would be fun?
Speaker 3: Wow, Guns Total Overdose Rising Zan Samurai Gunman.
Speaker 2: Outlaws from Lucas Arts a Cowboys simulator, like probably a bad one of those on Steam.
Speaker 4: That SPERANDOS three is actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one of us goes to a bar with a mechanical bull and we just see how long we can stay on.
Speaker 2: A mechanical bull.
Speaker 4: Once it didn't didn't last too long.
Speaker 3: Done in the bunch, and I always suck at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a game Cowboy thirty thirty came out earlier this year. What is this a match three? Okay? All right? Microsoft is seeking feedback from studios that do not put their games on Xbox. Xbox Research Division is expanding to collaborate with game makers. The initiative aims to address pain points and improve future tools and services. Open to all members of games studios, including non technical staff. They are seeking feedback from studios not currently releasing games on Microsoft platforms. Basically, they're like, hey, why aren't you putting your games on Xbox? And so, yeah, they're going to try to get some feedback here and they probably will hear a few things like, hey, you could improve your response time when we ask you questions about getting certified, because we have heard some studios say that. But I imagine a lot of studios are gonna be like, well, we're afraid if we spend that money, we won't make it back by putting on Xbox. And if people say that, like, what does Microsoft do to fix that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Say, do they say please or start offering more checks? Batting their eyes? Yeah? And also yeah, like, as Octo points out, there just doing this now, it feels like this is something you should have been addressing for for years now. Yeah, I guess that begs what were they doing before to ensure that Microsoft or the Xbox is a place that people want to put their games out because clearly just being like we're selling a ton Xbox, this has not been a winning compelling argument.
Speaker 1: Are they just doing this with the studios they don't want to buy?
Speaker 2: Yes? I can't think so, yeah, they'll just buy the rest? Yeah. Yeah, I guess this is how you keep safe from them buying you is you talked to them about this and then you know what.
Speaker 1: If what if we start saying we're not going to put our podcast or any of our videos on Xbox, will they take us out to lunch?
Speaker 2: Then that's a good idea. There we go, There we go.
Speaker 1: I just wanted Big Phil to like come up to us and be like, guys, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well, my arnold Palmers looking a little empty here, looking a little dry over here. Fill me up? There we go, film me up, Phil, there it is, fill them up.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Google has been ordered to open its Android app store to competitors. A US judge has issued a permanent injunction ordering Google to open its Android marketplace to competitors. Google will not be allowed to block third party Android app stores or restrict access to their full catalog of games and apps. Basically, you could always put whatever you want on the Android App Store for the most part, except for other app stores. That was the one thing that was blocked. Now you could install those on Android sideload them, something that Amazon App Store did forever ago. But most people don't do that. The vast majority people are never going to do that. In fact, most people are probably not not even going to install third party stores from Google Play. But now you can. And this is maybe most interesting for our purposes because well one Microsoft has said that they are going to make a mobile app store for their games so that they can have the Call of Duties and Candy Crossaga in there. And now maybe the way to get those games will be as through this new Microsoft app store on Google Play. But the long term implication here potentially is, well, if the government believes that competition is best served by allowing other stores onto digital stores that already exist, what is the difference between the Android app store and the PlayStation store, Like, why couldn't Microsoft put their store on PlayStation store?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What is the legal reasoning that that wouldn't be the exact same thing? So they could? It feels like it's slowly marching towards a world in which stores are forced to open up to everybody. And now suddenly the company that owns Call of Duty can have their own app store on the PlayStation store and you have to buy Call of Duty directly through them, And that means that PlayStation no longer gets the thirty percent cut. Oh that's a possibility now, it feels like, and at least that's how it's going to work on mobile. That is exactly what's happening here, That these companies are going to have waste that they no longer have to give the thirty percent cut to Google. And eventually probably iOS iOS won their court case in a different core. But epics, I think appealing that. Meanwhile, Google is gonna going to appeal this, and this stuff's far from settled. But in this moment, I think this is part of the long term play from microsoftware. Theyor like, we'll get so many games and then if the regulation changes and we can have our own app store on these other on these other platforms, we'll do that and that will be how we how we win the future.
Speaker 5: So does that lead to things like Microsoft being able to say, Hey, I'm putting We're putting game Pass on PlayStation, whether Sony likes it or not.
Speaker 2: Yes, Wow, what at least a form of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Greb, what about they just make more games and just put them out in normal styles?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right. This continues to be like the best criticism of Microsoft in this moment. It's like they seem like they're playing this legal long game and hoping that regulation is friendly towards them. And meanwhile, they have a lot of people who want to spend money on their games if they would put out games worth spending money on. So yeah, it continues to be kind of frustrating, but that they also might be right about this. It does feel like this is the way the wind is blowing. Was right fall this year last year?
Speaker 5: No, last year, this was you say it was suicide squad and skull and Bones and uh and concord for the big flops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that flops. Yep.
Speaker 5: Maybe the Starfield expansion. I don't know how it's actually doing.
Speaker 4: I thought it would be poorly.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought very poor. Yeah, like that's I got like a fifty eight right now. Yeah, it's rough. Uh. Xbox co founder Jay Allard has joint Amazon. Jay Allard is back. Let's talk about Velocity Girl. Xbox co founder Jay Allard joins Amazon as vice presidents a vice president of its Devices and Services team. He said he doesn't even really it's like too early to even talk about what he's going to be working on, but he says something new.
Speaker 3: I was not aware of Velocity Girl, but I'm now looking at their wiki. This is Jay Allard's band.
Speaker 2: Oh wait? Did he name his band Velocity Girl? Oh wait?
Speaker 3: When I looked at Velocity Girl, I just see a band, and I.
Speaker 2: Saw that girl was from the Xbox three sixty reveal event when he started talking about like the other kinds of people are going to be getting Xbox three sixty. It's gonna be Velocity girl, and she's gonna be designing skateboards that other people using the games because she's not playing the games. Oh, sitting on being cool. This is yes, this is full hoodie and blazer j Aller. If you picture him in your head when you close your eyes, yes, absolutely.
Speaker 3: I don't remember girl.
Speaker 2: No, I remember either like Velocity, lots of girl and and then God like Lord time or something was like the hardcore game player and there's the other guy who really like h yeah their personas. Yes, you could go take these back to Mattha Marshall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gotcha. Okay, Yeah. What do you think is what are they doing? Amazon? Probably something stupid.
Speaker 2: They're probably making handheld right, yeah, why not because Amazon?
Speaker 4: Because you could just because they have money, you could make one and put the Amazon name on there and it might be all right.
Speaker 1: Plenty of knockoff Chinese handhelds on Amazon or ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think you know when you think about amazon strategy long term, that their motto has always been your margin is our opportunity. So when they look around, they see like, well, so Valve is already subsidized in the Steam deck, but that's not the only player in town. All these other ones have to sell for higher amounts of money because they cannot subsidize. They're not going to make money from selling games. We one can make money from selling games, and two we can subsidize the cost of the hardware because we make enough money that in volume, we'll make that up and it will be fine. So they could come in with a very competitively priced handheld PC gaming device that is exactly as powerful as anything else on the market. They could buy enough from AMD to make it make sense. I think that's probably what they're going for here.
Speaker 1: Is that Amazon mmo still popping off New World?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not popping off, but I think it's doing fopping off.
Speaker 4: I think it's doing fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's better than any of their other games. But they also have recently said that they are like trying to get out of just being in MMOs. They want to make other kinds of games. And they're making a Lord of the Rings mmo.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 4: Still, that's like, don't we have in Lord of the Rings momoll?
Speaker 5: Yeah, lotro still out there somehow, but yeah, they're making a different one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Lord of the Rings Online is what low tru stands for.
Speaker 3: If your elder schools online still a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very big thing, actually very popular, makes a lot of money for him, I think, uh yeah, uh, Jay Allard, I'm just glad he's sticking around and still involved in games. I hope he's still wearing hoodies and blazers, I would imagine, right, Yeah, I hope so yeah, but yeah, just saying like he did, well, we'll not discuss the specifics yet, just new ideas, that's all he's saying. But it's it's vice president of Devices and Services. That is basically what he did when he was in charge of Xbox three sixty. So I could see him trying to design an Amazon handheld that then has like reminiscent of Xbox Live in terms of its presentation for the services.
Speaker 5: I wonder if like a bit of a racism on now, Like Amazon's probably working on these, Xbox certainly working on one of the station probably too, PlayStation probably working on one of these. So yeah, like everyone's going to try to get these things out there. It's going to be interesting to see what they all look like. And meanwhile, Switch Too will probably come out before any of them. Maybe, Yeah, it'll be interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really excited for the switch to you to come out, because I just want Nintendo to make a bonker's decision and then it just lands with everyone and then everyone else is playing copycat for the next five years.
Speaker 2: Afterwards, you'll get your You'll get your weird wearable or your weird desk clock that watched you sleep.
Speaker 1: God please, you'd be the goddamn watch Nintendo watch me sleep, Daddy, Nintendo.
Speaker 2: There it is. Ubisoft acknowledges buy out reports, says we regularly regularly review options.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: There was a report that the Gimo family was considering taking Ubi soft private in conjunction with Tencent, like Tencent would help fund the process of taking Ubi soft private. That seems to probably be a serious conversation. You'd be stopped to downplaying it though, because obviously, if it's not settled, it could have massive effects on its stock price, would send it up more than likely, and if they you know, they probably want to kind of keep that stuff in control for now until it's actually something that is going to happen. But yeah, I mean, mostly this is interesting because Ubisoft is a massive employer of people who make video games, and it just feels like they are in the toughest position they've been in, and they've been in a lot of tough positions, So how are we feeling about the future of you be soft look in real Dower Boys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hate that they actually made one of the best games this year in Prince of Persia The Last Crown, But like that, you know doesn't right, Like you know, like that doesn't really matter because like the actual game that was supposed to hit from them, the big Star Wars Open World thing, just didn't. And like, what's going to change really in the market for the next time they want to do one of those. The only real card they have to play is as has his Creed maybe far cross when they put it on one of those out but even that seems like it was slipping a bit. It seems like the only solution here is to just ride that Assassin's Creed train until it goes off the rails again. What has happened before, We know that you can oversaturate with Assassin's Creed. There's no reason why won't happen again. And you know there's rumors that no, no, only are we getting SSS Creed Shadows early next year, but remake a Black Flag later in the year. And then there's like a million ore hecks would be the next year Assassins Creed Infinite.
Speaker 2: It's still a thing. I don't hear them talking about it anymore. It's they've not really talked about it in any real way. So if it happens, it probably happens when that So Black Flag comes out next year, but so does Invictus the multiplayer. Uh god, when that happened three Assasins Creed games next year? Cool, So that that'll probably be the the when that that launcher happens infinite whatever that actually turns into whatever? It is a portal or yeah, just is it just the thing that Call Duty is where it's there's the Call of Duty app and all the games live in there now or does Yeah?
Speaker 5: I have no idea what they had actually really means. Yeah, but like, you know, don't feel great. I feel like something drastic. I don't know if it's literally this with tense, but you know, I don't know if they're gonna be able to be a public trade company of stock prices keep going down and it's going to stop that immediately. Is Shadows delivering strung, which it could do, but it is going to be in a busy month and there, you know, we just see a lot of games not really hitting like they should. So this game comes out and misses the mark even.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 5: That could be another disaster for Ubi Soft. And they don't really have anything to point to to be like, well just wait for you know, the Star Wars game that we're working on, the Avatar game working on the we're going to have that point on too. Is just more Assassin's Creed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's the end of the rope, because I mean, all the other things missed before this, Like we only even talk about how bad Skull and Bones did because it was so obvious it was going to do bad. But it's like, you know, you spend ten years making that thing and it crashed and burned, but and you knew that was gonna happen, So you were kind of waiting for these two other games to save you. And of course they're not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Really, Kubowski in the Giant Bomb chat, I think they're joking, but I think this could be a legitimate thing. But what are the chances of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia getting involved?
Speaker 2: I mean, we saw that that's not impossible.
Speaker 1: We saw the news stories of them wanting to increase their steake in Nintendo.
Speaker 4: Then then it turns out they actually lowered it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they actually apparently they reduced their steak in Nintendo.
Speaker 1: They heard they heard game mess yesterday and.
Speaker 2: All right, we scared them off absolutely. I mean I think that is the point here with this ten Cent story is that the Guimo family feels like if they partner with ten Cent, they can control this going forward, take it private and have some control because they feel like Tencent just once the investment, they don't want to take over, Whereas like in the meantime, if the stock price does keep going lower, there could be a lot of other entities out there that are looking for hostile takeovers, where like they will just buy up all the stock available, force themselves onto the board and kick the Gimo family out. So this is what they're trying to avoid.
Speaker 5: And I don't want Ubisoft to go away again. Like you know, Prince of Person is very good this year. That Beyond Good and Evil remaster was very well done, Like they make good yeah, right, so you know I want that ship to get figured out. Basically, I don't know if ten sent money is what does it? But I just don't I don't want them to go completely under or get taken over by a company that's just coming in to look and like split them off and sell their assets.
Speaker 4: And iPod.
Speaker 1: Did they cancel that Immortal Phoenix Rising sequel?
Speaker 5: Yea that yeah, that never technically announcement, so that got canceled.
Speaker 2: Like yeah.
Speaker 5: In terms of like future stuff Beyond Good and Evil too, we still think that's happening. It's still teased and that Beyond Good and Evil remaster, there's like Easter Eggs about it.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure. I'm sure they're still working on some version of that.
Speaker 1: Learning how to code is very challenging for Joseph Gordon Levitt.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's gonna take some time.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Finally Uh sued switch modschip maker uh denies claim all of Nintendo's claims and will seemingly take on Nintendo without a lawyer. Orian Daily, a switchmad chip seller, denies Nintendo's claims in a lawsuit and will represent himself without an attorney. At least so far, you're not supposed to do that. It's a bad idea, especially against Nintendo. Nintendo file to complain against Daily elecging he continued selling modded consoles and meg switches despite being warned to stop. Daily denies wrongdoing un less seventeen affirmative defenses, including fair use and invalid copyright. Man good luck. The case moves to the discovery process, where both parties gather evidence, with Daily representing himself, so probably going to be pretty challenging to figure out how to navigate that. Meanwhile, Nintendo's lawyers will be at Daly's house being like requesting his emails and stuff like that, and with the backing of the law to be able to do to make that happen. So anytime he has incriminated himself could be it's going to go very bad. But Nintendo continues to just be punting with the hounds against anyone and everyone. And I get the MiG switch being like a pirating device, like that is the point of that whole thing. I get them going after that, But uh, they're going to make an example out of you, and you're gonna need a lawyer to avoid some like all out salting of the earth of your entire life. Becase Nintendo doesn't seem like they're gonna hold off all right, That does it for the news. Jan I'm handing the show back over.
Speaker 1: To you fantastic folks. We're gonna take another quick bricky break and we'll be back with some electronic mails right after this. Folks, we've decided to make the executive decision to replace all of the segment music with Dan just just waggling a bunch of joysticks. Dan play the email waggles.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's on this song. I bet you could tell the difference between Super Nintendo sixty four and GameCube buttons if you really listened.
Speaker 4: I remember SNS was up being super clicky.
Speaker 3: See here's here's Americans and as emails. It's not real, you're super Amicon.
Speaker 4: Week.
Speaker 2: That's good stuff. It does sound like crabs fighting.
Speaker 3: Do the A and B and sea buttons feel different?
Speaker 2: That's A and B. Here's the C.
Speaker 4: Sound pretty similar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: On the A and B so and have like a different give And for some reason, I feel like Nintendo would get mad at this still.
Speaker 2: Probably Yeah, yeah, like dare you Pyoto wasn't happy with your buttons?
Speaker 1: Looking click the buttons you're supposed to gently press the buttons. Bombcasts a giant bomb dot Com is the email addressed to send your emails too.
Speaker 2: That's right, Scout.
Speaker 1: You can send virtually any and everything you want to hide from a public interaction and just pretend like you're texting someone. Write us an email, tell us about the public place that you're at, Scout, please, uh, first email comes Okay, all right, we get it, dude, Chill, chill, first email. It comes from Cooper in San Hoseay, what do you want?
Speaker 2: I compare your scale? Okay?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Hey, there folks in the same vein as Dan talking about which ones are mainline Mario games. I wanted to know his thoughts on which ones are mainline games for the Metal Gear franchise, and if he and Grubb were to do a metal Gear Solid akin to metal Gear Scanlon, which games would you two be playing in order to play through this whole series. Thanks for the concert source of entertainment over the years, Cooper and san.
Speaker 3: Jase seazy and I think we pretty much did it with meddle eear scallon. You do the number games and ground zeros.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Wait, no, there's no way you don't consider peace Walker.
Speaker 3: I consider peace Walker cannon story wise, but I've never played it.
Speaker 2: I kind of considered it the way he's never played it, Mike, and it's on a portable.
Speaker 3: Stat It's kind of like the Mario Land stuff where it's like, yeah, okay, they exist.
Speaker 2: Insane and nonsensical, especially since Ground Zeros is a direct sequel to it with like the same characters, and like it doesn't make any shirts.
Speaker 3: And port You got to know the story of peace Walker and I've watched the how.
Speaker 2: Would we do that? I wonder watch the.
Speaker 3: Cut scenes for a couple of hours instead of holding a goddamn PSB for eight to ten hours or whatever it is?
Speaker 4: Why? But why isn't it mainline? It's literally made by.
Speaker 3: It's canonical and the story is cononical, right.
Speaker 2: So why is it mainline if it's canonical? Some PSP.
Speaker 4: No room from the PSP, you and your weird thing with portable?
Speaker 3: I love DS, I love g B A, I love three DS. Uh Vita suck PSP is okay, right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Why is? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why is your feelings about the platform matter if something is mainline or not because.
Speaker 2: It's not a real one. Like put it this way. I was at that e three, what was at eighth nine?
Speaker 3: Whatever it was press conference Uh, the Sony one and Kijima came out and he was talking about how mainline peace Walker was, and he was like, no, this is like the real deal, next Meddle Year game. It is Metal Year Solid five. And if it really was Meddle Year Solid five, why do they make a metal Gear Solid five?
Speaker 5: So you don't believe Kajima now, so we don't have to worry about what Shagar Mimo said about Yoshi's island, right, he went.
Speaker 2: To the source and the source just said, well.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, He himself kind of went back by making it. I think him calling Meddle Year Solid five meddle Year Solid five, I think that was kind of a like okay, yeah, we all know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Nintendo Museum and put Yoshi in the I don't.
Speaker 3: Think until you showed me footage of him putting that display together.
Speaker 2: You conceded last week. What did that concede that? I don't think I did.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think I conceded anything.
Speaker 1: I really I pray to God that Dan considers me mainline or else I won't.
Speaker 3: You'll never acknowledge me your top line mainline. Absolutely, yeah, But.
Speaker 5: Like sometimes series don't number and then they number again like Assassin's Creed did that a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they did that to sell the most copies possible without making you're worried who didn't play? Like that's a marketing decision, is the reason that's called.
Speaker 5: Five Kandamart says it all the time too, And I know you don't, but ye, where they have mainline entries on portable systems though, So that's why it's a good analogy here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure I've heard peace Walker is good or I've heard it's the greatest game of all time based on.
Speaker 5: Certain Yeah, I don't think that either. I'm not even a big peace Walker fan. But quality has no bearing here on if it's a mainline or not. Of course it's a mainline Metal.
Speaker 2: Ga I will here.
Speaker 3: Here's something I'll do, is that I because I know you can play peace Walker. That's not on the collection, but you can play it on the HD collection. It'll be on the next collection with online. Okay, Well, my sister's going through Metal Gear games now, she's almost done with three. If peace Walker is a thing where you can easily hop here's the thing. Can you just like party up and then play the whole game together or is it just like everyone's a lot of boss.
Speaker 4: You can do a multiplayer you know, Yeah, that might be a good way for me to do.
Speaker 2: You could you.
Speaker 5: Could you could very easily play multiplayer, is yeah, because you kind of like go mission permission. You could just like have four people do a boss mission real quick or something like that.
Speaker 3: But it was not like, can you play the whole game co op because I think I remember being a confusing thing.
Speaker 5: I think so, I think you you might have to regroup for each mission.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I did not worry about the cost of when I played it.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe the padre has got to get back and connect over some peace walker, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, that can be fun.
Speaker 3: I'm not against the idea of it, especially since, like I think that I started it and I played like an hour of it, and I was like, I hated the whole like monster hunterrification of it, where it's like.
Speaker 4: Individually the monster horrification that I also did not love.
Speaker 3: But then they kind of did that with five, and I fucking loved five. So now that I'm like open to that idea more of like these individual missions and stuff, I am open to the idea of becoming a peacewalker guy, but as of now, I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: A real What about Acid? You want to do Acid?
Speaker 2: I reviewed Acid one or two, did not love those. No, something that's what you say that explains why it's not real? What other than I did play and I didn't play it.
Speaker 1: I noticed something about the handhelds that you prefer, Dan, what's that tony poo poo.
Speaker 2: Game Boy gay? I know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like the first Game Boy at all. I don't like mobile games. I specifically like GBA DS three bs.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I owned the game gear, but the game gear kind of sucked and I.
Speaker 2: Play uh for if I were to play all the middle Gear games, I would also play Revenge, so I don't care if it's not manly.
Speaker 1: We have a podcast that that game is named after it.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, yes, this is great? Yeah all right.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Matt from Murphreys Bro, Tennessee. Hey guys, my son needs yet another Xbox controller after stick Drift is showing up again. Is very wireless option with Hall sensors that I should get instead of just another Xbox controller. I realized that they're more expensive, but at this point. It seems like a good investment. Over spending seventy dollars over and over again. Thanks yeah from murphres Bro the eight it do?
Speaker 2: What is are the the Ultimates? The Ultimate Ultimate? It's ultimately Yeah, yeah, it's this one, but not not actually this one. The one for the PC at least at launch didn't have hall sensors, but the Nintendo one with the Nintendo buttons did have hal effect sensors, So yeah, go grab those. That comes to the stand. It keeps a charge all the time. It's so nice. As soon as you pick it up, it turns on and then you shake it to turn on the Nintendo switch, which is an amazing party trick and some people still don't believe it to this day.
Speaker 3: It's not true. I own that controller. I own a switch.
Speaker 2: I've done it on my life.
Speaker 3: Doesn't turn on, my.
Speaker 2: Mister, Well it turns. It turns on all my misters. I don't know what you're talking about. When I shake.
Speaker 1: It anytime anytime, okay, audio listeners, anytime there's a pause after someone says something. I just need you to look at the non existent camera.
Speaker 2: Dash or whatever. Yeah, Sean, if you can could include an image or a link to an image in the description of Dan doing that. Maybe maybe we can make it a gift or something.
Speaker 3: Uh one, just the classic mic.
Speaker 2: Here he's all right, oh there is, but that's another take. If you heard dirty joke right there. I like when you shake a lot too. Okay, yeah, can you do it clean. Let's do a clean one of that. Let's do a clean one of that. Shake one. Okay, that's really good. Say something vaguely sexual. Hang on, all right, come.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're just like Michael Keaton is beeple juice.
Speaker 2: That's good stuff.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: The range on din right here? Vague, very very subtle. Thank you? Yeah, what references.
Speaker 4: This good show?
Speaker 2: Maybe he just wanted someone to arrive.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Next email, Uh, that's the best joke from a Golden Girls when what's her name's Rose? I think it's talking about when her husband died and she's like, I was so confused because he kept saying, honey, I'm going, I'm going instead of you know, I'm all. It made me laugh a lot. He died during sex, that's an important part. Yes, y going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, that's your Golden Girls update for the week. Next email comes from sent from Yahoo male for iPhone. I'm watching this past week's voicemail dumb Truck, and when you brought up Mike and Dan being taught hibachi via Benny Hanna school, I couldn't help but mentally picture them showing up for class wearing a Mario hat Dan and Mickey Mouse ears Mike. In my opinion, you guys could actually convince them to train and then have a hibashi showdown during the Game Awards to settle their long standing Mario versus Mickey beef. Since I'm writing this to the BombCast mail bag, what challenges would you guys envision for such a grill off?
Speaker 2: I mean clearly distance, tossing into my mouth food, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Day might be better at that. I think I'll be way better at like knowing when the meat is done.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: I chopped up a sweet potato yesterday and air pride. I made sweet potato fries legit to get a health Oh. I'll tell chef Reactions all about this on Thursday and impress them.
Speaker 2: But I am trying to like.
Speaker 3: Redo the diet a little bit because I realized it's been all Japanese candy and beer for like the last two weeks and garbage, food, garbage, sleep. So I'm like, I bought broccoli, I bought sweet potatoes. I'm trying to like because I don't eat veggies at all, So I'm trying to like at least one thing a day.
Speaker 2: Have some veggies is okay, So wait, sweet potato, you're you're gonna classify as a veggie.
Speaker 4: Yeahs are good, They're good, they're.
Speaker 2: Good for you, but they are like what's like level one of like if we're talking about health foods, like they got.
Speaker 3: A little from what I was doing, you know, like nothing but taco bell and Dominoes last week.
Speaker 2: Level level from that, sure, but it is a long way from leafy green.
Speaker 3: Well, then right after this, I'm going to make a thing of broccoli florets in the air fire and put a bunch of seasoning and stuff on. It's gonna be great, small.
Speaker 2: Thought.
Speaker 3: They're supposed to be very nutritious, they're souper, are good for you. Probably it's a step up, I'm sure from what I've been doing. So I'm trying to like just some vegetables, asparagus. I'm going to get into trying to make it.
Speaker 2: What's that really easy to over do asparagus day and be careful. I like Crispy.
Speaker 3: I like Crispy, So I think I underdid the brocoli yesterday. But trying to trying to figure out like a better diet approach thing, because like I got the whole like running thing down. But it's like, you know, you can't outrun a bad diet and stuff like that, and I got.
Speaker 2: A bad diet.
Speaker 3: So I think give me, give me a week or two and I'll basically be chef reactions.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what, Yeah, I can't wait. Also, you can eat a good chunk of vegetables raw. It's also fun.
Speaker 4: No, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Day you don't, I will eat it. I will eat a raw onion like it's an apple.
Speaker 3: Apple next week. Can you bring ahead of right now? Do you have a head of bccoli?
Speaker 1: I have a raw onion in my friend.
Speaker 2: No, No, we.
Speaker 3: Have to we have to see Mike reaction. It's going to close my eyes and Mike, mikerooper. Mike be a trooper, Mike, are you a professional? Mike is going to get give redded fuel.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna look a big boy here. You can do this.
Speaker 4: You you're the one who wanted this content you want.
Speaker 2: It's the idea that the onion is too juicy and it's gonna be to.
Speaker 5: Water so much gross water is going to come out of there. It's going to be disgusting.
Speaker 2: I mean, god, it sounds appetizing. Get right up on that mic with it.
Speaker 1: I got two things though, I got like a jar of raw garlic.
Speaker 2: Let's just like Prepptis Mussolini would just eat like a bunch of garlic clothes god like chips.
Speaker 3: Oh so delicious. That's nice. Mike be a big boy. Okay, can my hands down, Mike.
Speaker 2: No, you're both.
Speaker 1: Do we want like me to eat like a white onion or a red onion?
Speaker 3: Did you take a bite out of one like an apple? Okay, okay, folks at home onon Mike, you can do this.
Speaker 2: It's not a whole onion, Mike, it's just yeah, pretend it's cheese.
Speaker 4: I couldn't look.
Speaker 2: He turned away as it was happening. Did you hear the at least, Mike, he's gotta do it again. Now you're gonna make Dan do it again. You gotta watch no terrible Okay, we're gonna need a clip of this to show chef reactions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean, honestly, I think that's going to be among the least of the crimes, uh, for chef reactions. Which, by the way, if you were calling in with voicemails for chef reactions, we did realize that he did not hear the flavor Crystal story on the first episode, So if anyone wants to que him up for that with a voicemail, there you go. Yeah, well, we'll have some good stuff for chef reactions on Thursday.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but my mom used to tell me if I started feeling sick, I just had to eat half of a raw onion and I'll feel better. So I've just been doing that since I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Your mom lied to you.
Speaker 2: I don't get I I rarely get sick. Huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, most people only get sick sometimes.
Speaker 2: True, some people like get sick old time.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right, Uh, do you like that?
Speaker 4: Mic?
Speaker 3: Do you want to do it? No, Mike, would you rather do that or bite of an apple?
Speaker 2: I don't think you can see the difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like I'm kind of like confused.
Speaker 2: Well, because it's not about the flavor, it's about the juiciness and they're both like juicy orbs. He hates juicy orbs. It's his number one least favorite thing.
Speaker 4: An apple is a similar thing, very similar thing. Yeah, whatever, hell.
Speaker 2: Do you fruit or not? Water balloons? Would you like water? Would a water balloon? Mic like the wave?
Speaker 1: How did you feel about the tide pod drama when children were eating tide pods? Me?
Speaker 3: Like, what do you think I indorsed it? Or did they realized I had to like position if you kept playing the gamer wrap? He endorses it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the problem. My kids saw a tide proud the other day and for shoot, her eyes basically dilate and she's like, what is this? No, you can't eat tide does look good? It does look good. It does look very appetizing.
Speaker 5: T is so cool and apple has more water than a pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, off the beat, move over, move over, Lynn Manuel.
Speaker 4: In the eye of a slurricade, there is hot.
Speaker 1: Alright, alright, let's one more set of emails before we got get on out of here.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of you, Mike.
Speaker 4: I saw that from Nikki from worms right, or what's something.
Speaker 1: I present to us? The Fargo five time with Travis Traviy has blown up the Travis here from Fargo has blown up the email meta. Instead of getting one of their emails on the show, they have now five of them because they just fire off quick questions exploit the BombCast email meta. I'm gonna ask five of their questions right here, right now.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Are you brave enough to rank every UFO fifty game?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 3: I haven't played.
Speaker 2: I haven't played them all. Yeah, but I mean I will be at that point. I'm very brave. All right.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a revenge. It's waiting to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, yeah, I haven't watched much adult animation.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched much adult animation, but I've recently seen Primal Scavenger's Rain and Blue Eye Samurai, which are very different from each other. Each has strong aesthetic, memorable characters, and intriguing storylines. Are there any mature animated series you've enjoyed that you would recommend?
Speaker 2: Bible Black? I knew it. I knew it. That's that's a that's a it's a porn one, Dan, Is that not what adult animation refers to tell you? What we're talking.
Speaker 5: About is it's kind of fucked up. We talked about anime and only referred to it as adult animation.
Speaker 2: I have to say, is this all anime?
Speaker 1: Primal is in neither is okay?
Speaker 4: I like Rick and Morty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that's how you checks out.
Speaker 4: I just want to see.
Speaker 1: How you're The first season is really good.
Speaker 2: I do enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Hey, I still enjoy Family Guy.
Speaker 3: The first ten seasons of like Simpsons in south Park.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Home Movies is you know what else still holds up really well? God to love Home Movies.
Speaker 5: I saw a whole movies is fun. I saw a clip of the Simpsons movie, and so is that that? When that came out, I remember thinking like, man, I wish they made this during like the golden era of the Simpsons. And now that movie is so much closer to that era than it is to like the weird Simpsons.
Speaker 4: Coming out today. I'm glad they did the movie when they did. I guess.
Speaker 1: Is like all of the cartoons that are targeted towards adults, like Bob's Burgers, is that adult animation?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean yeah, that's for like broader audiences, that inclusion. What about people.
Speaker 4: Really like that? The Pressed Horse Show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've.
Speaker 3: Heard I would like King of the Hill in Futurama. I've never seen.
Speaker 2: Great. Yeah, I think you'd like Futurama. Dan probably would. Yeah, yeah, all right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of the Netflix animated shows, like the Legal Legends one is pretty arcane, really good, is pretty good. Yeah, the Cyberpunk one is good.
Speaker 2: There, it's a very pretty main character there.
Speaker 1: Okay, next question from Travis here, it's time for Giant Bomb to answer the question that has been burning up the internet for months.
Speaker 2: Do you wash your legs? Yeah? I think we talked about this. You do. Yeah, I mean, if I'm in the shower, I'm gonna wash my legs. Yeah, I do. Bust be clear. It is a pain, and it's also and I do also believe when dermatologists say it's pointless. But I do it because it's it's there, and I have the soap. Why wouldn't I do it? But dermatologists all like, like, you don't need to do it that often, like once a month is enough. But I wash my legs.
Speaker 3: Okay, ye, you're already in there, clean all You're already in there exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, people are chats very upset because Cudding, Nicky and Sean. I don't know what part they're upset about, we said we do.
Speaker 2: They definitely are on the side of like most people are, where it's like this is not even a question of course you wash your legs, like yeah, but uh, I also having kids. I shower every other day now, but for the most part unless I'm going out, and then I'll shower of course before I go out. But like that, I think that is also something people can't handle. And it's like, now that's you're You're fine, Like I'm busy, I'm very dissy. Now I wash my face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, I got a shower at least once a day, maybe twice. I feel like I get stinky.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I get that. But it's like my skin gets so raw if I shower, like especially twice a day, like which I have done at some point recently, and it's like, oh my god, my skin's so dried out. This suck.
Speaker 1: You're just scrubbing the shit out of yourself with hot water. Is that why I'm scrub it cold showers?
Speaker 2: I start with a hot shower, then go to cold at the end.
Speaker 5: No wonder you don't like the shower, Well, I love the shower. I mean we got them in there staying there for forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, yeah, it's the best thing.
Speaker 5: It's like, I'm like, check in on me. If I don't shower for single the morning, I might be depressed or something.
Speaker 4: I might need help.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just gotta ask Turbo.
Speaker 3: Sean says in the chat, this is the guy telling people to just rinse dishes instead of washing too.
Speaker 2: Who is he referring to. I think he's referring to me, which is not my position. My position is if you are pre washing, that's just washing, and you don't also need to put them, okay, in the dishwasher, because if you want to water over it and you're good. No.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: If you if we're using soap and water to scrub it and then you put in the dishwasher, you're just wasting a lot of water. But if you if you rinse it that you barely need to rinse because of the dishwasher is very effective. But if you don't rent all the food parts off, then the food gets in the little trap in your washer, and if you don't clean that out, every couple of weeks. It gets super nasty in there.
Speaker 4: So someone says that you once said just hot water is enough.
Speaker 2: I definitely have never said that. I used to work at a wing place and uh, like we would wash the filthiest dishes you've ever seen. But of course you have to use soap. It's covered in oil. That's how you get oil off with soap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well I used to go.
Speaker 5: I had to work one of the like industrial dishwashers on my work at the pizza place.
Speaker 4: Those are so fun and it's like it's like a giant lever yep one.
Speaker 2: It's a little so much pressure, like it's clean instantly. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Then you lift it up and there's just this giant cloud of steam that comes up. I wish I had one of those. They wash the dish is fun.
Speaker 1: Have you all ever gone to a wine bar and they have one of those fancy they look like a bunch of feather dusters, but they're used to dry the wine glasses.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh, I think I know you talked about it.
Speaker 3: You know, it was the most fun thing when you work and standard AMC. When I was there, was you opening up the big ass ice machine and there's like a canoe paddle that you take. Yeahol like break up all the ice.
Speaker 2: It's awesome. You know.
Speaker 5: Like the bars have like that sink with just the blue water and they like put like the glass in there, like just take it out like it's clean. Now, do you guys trust that that blue water sink?
Speaker 1: When I go to a bar, I understand that I'm going to be drinking grime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sort of accept it, like I'm do I believe that it's completely free of bacteria? No? But do I think there's enough bacteria on there to harmy? Also?
Speaker 1: No, if you drink enough alcohol, it'll wash out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's disaffectant. Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing over the weekend was Nicky and I door dashing food after we got back to their place and they needed my face to confirm for the payment, so they just like rolled me over and held my phone over my face.
Speaker 4: Oh just like it's like it's like a stealth gage mission.
Speaker 1: Impossibly Yeah, aging forty seven, Nikki, it's.
Speaker 5: Like alone in the dark where I had to cut that guy's arm off it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's exactly like that. Okay, two more questions from Travis here. Would you rather have Danny Treyo's contact info, or a miscical polling ball that guarantees at least three strikes per game, plus free nachos at the concession stand.
Speaker 4: Free nachos only you want me over one? God.
Speaker 5: Oh, We're at the baseball game yesterday, and I normally I like to get concessions, but definitely ate so much barbecue at Mabels. I didn't even get my hot dog, which is traditional. But at one point somebody like came back in the row front of us with nachos, and I was just like, just I thought about how good nachos are really the whole next I was like, God, I'm not hungry. Holy shit, notch.
Speaker 2: I wish I was hungry at that. I went home and I didn't even eat dinner because I was still full from Mabels crushed me.
Speaker 3: Plus, I bet we're like one degree of separation from Danny Treo anyway, So I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been one of a lot of video games we can make that happen to be the bowling ball.
Speaker 4: Bowling ball, bowling ball, bowling ball. We wants the bullet ball.
Speaker 1: Also, this doesn't guarantee just because we have Danny Treyo's phone number that he'll know it's us or yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't really know what I want to do. Get him on the couch.
Speaker 5: I guess we're getting his number his Oh, we're getting yeah, his contact in Yeah, you know, but Danny Trail is nice.
Speaker 2: What'd be cool to like know what his email address is? Funny?
Speaker 1: Oh sure, I think he'd. I think the whole time he'd be on the dumb truck, he'd just be like leaning over a table and being like, you guys are so silly, and he'd be.
Speaker 4: He think I'm a silly goose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then he's email at email dot com.
Speaker 1: But he'd throw the most like brilliant knowledge of darts to end the podcast would be great. Oh yeah, all right. Final question, which counts as the final email here. Do you have any clothing items that make you feel beautiful, confident, cool, or straight up sassy?
Speaker 2: No. I like the Columbia hiking boots. That stuff got me for Christmas? Uh yeah, well especially now when I wear them with the ankle high sucks and I scrunched him down around my ankle like the gen Zers do, I'm like, yeah, hell, it looks pretty good. I look like a character it's gonna go do something adventurous in a nineties movie.
Speaker 3: There are the few times I wear a suit, like if I'm like at a wedding, like when I appreciated my Hearty's wedding and right, they get a nice suit and everything like okay, Like wearing it, I was like, I see why, Okay, this does feel good. It feels like I'm you know, this present says like okay a serious person, you know, sure I do, like yeah, especially the suit jacket can't pull off the like the jackets off and now I'm just in the shirt and tie.
Speaker 5: Don't like that look at all? Sure, so I where the jacket? Long after I'm kind of like, you know, not comfortable in it anymore.
Speaker 1: It's kind of hot. But whatever, Mike, I will say. When I did see where a blazer was it over the at the Game Awards over a gamer shirt.
Speaker 4: Rocketeer shirt, right, a rocket shirt? Games beat stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, games beat stuff. I took you five points more seriously.
Speaker 4: I understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, oh damn, Mike, he needs me.
Speaker 4: This business now gonna be a place.
Speaker 1: I think because I'm still a little bit I got still a little bit of like the Tommy Chubs. Anytime I'm wearing a tank top and I crossed my arms like boob up, I'm like, look good today, baby, But.
Speaker 2: Then I looked down.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, maybe I shouldn't have a donut today. Anyway, That about does it for emails. BombCast a giant bomb dot com is the email addresses send your emails to send them in about virtually any and everything you need advice about something gaming related, non gaming related. We got your back like a jan sport. What do we got popping off for the rest of this week?
Speaker 2: Boys game as.
Speaker 1: Mornings Wednesday tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with chef reactions on Thursday.
Speaker 8: Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday, don't know, Lucy's Blake Club on Friday, Friday.
Speaker 2: Earlier on Friday, is that your watch? We're doing Sparking zero on Thursday Thursday.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just go through it by day by day instead of no, let's pick people love that. Okay, yes, Dragonball, Sparking zero. We're gonna play a bit of it on the website on Thursday, and then we'll have voicemail dump truck. Like Dan said, with chef reactions. Still plenty of time to get your food related calls. In seven oh seven Exit Flu, We're gonna have a metaphor Refentasio podcast review cast on BCR this Friday. Dan is gonna lead the charge on that. Yes, yes, right, yes, we're gonna have a lot of fun people on that podcast.
Speaker 3: Sean says the mini travelog of me and Japan should be up later today or in the morning, pending the upload speed and just check expectations. Most of the time I was in Japan, I was not allowed to film because it was on a floor of the Antenno Museum that was not allowed filming. So I was able to get a few little shots and stuff like that here and there in Japan. So don't expect a you know, thirty minute Germany travelog or anything like that, but you should have something coming from Sean later today or tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Also, there should be I'm hoping it can come out this week. In interview with the writer of Mighty Amorphine Power Rangers, Rider's rewinded that I did two weeks ago some fun stuff popping off in that in Boyosyos. I'm gonna try to vamp as I reset thisg no no no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 2: Hold on that reminds me my recording broke in the first segments. We definitely gotta do a clap at the end. Yeah, we always have to do it. Clap, Yeah, I know, just just really have to do it. Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: Don't gets Jeff shit when he misses up his recording. It was mad at me.
Speaker 2: They know that I feel guilt.
Speaker 1: Yes, almost too much of it, because you're a sap. Boys, what we learned today only a couple of things. We learned that. We learned that we were all comforted by the wiggles and waggles of analog sticks. We learned that Kate Bush is the godmother of edium. We learned the Mike Minatti god bars. And we also learned that outside of Dan Record's house or Lisa Frank style intimidators, folks, you shouldn't be intimidated by reaching out to a front today. Reach out, touch some goddamn grass, Go soak the sun, feel the rain on your skin. God damn it, and drink some water. You have been beautiful today. Everyone has been beautiful today. I am proud of you, folks. That about does it for today's episode of the gay BombCast. He's been Damn Richer, and he's been Mike Manatti, he's been Jeff Grebb, you have been beautiful at home, and I've been gentlemen.
Speaker 7: We'll see it actually fall another episode of the show. We might be able to get Bruce Campbell on something actually, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, no, we got to direct.
Speaker 2: Oh he's a Michigan boy. No no, we got a direct. Fine, Oh yeah for sure. Yeah, all right, we'll see you later. Goodbye.