Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, May twenty seventh, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight one hundred and ninety two. The Road to nine hundred begins. I guess a couple episodes ago, and I guess since the very start. I'm your host, jan Oh Shoa joining me co captain of the ship. He doesn't have to get ready because he stays ready.
Speaker 2: That's right. His shoes are always tied. Jeff Grubb, Hello, everybody. I'm happy to be here, Janet Show. Great to talk to you, Bud.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, fantastic speaking about talking to you, but I'm always happy to talk to this Bud.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: He's not just a dude like Will Ospray. He is dan Rei, Kurt. Let me look into.
Speaker 4: The intro and then i'll talk. I'll give that context.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking about context, he's always reading between the lines. He's he's the devil in between the details because he worships him.
Speaker 3: Jeff Beckler, it's true, Hal Satan, how's everyone doing on this fine Tuesday. I'm good. Thanks for asking. It's a pleasure and a goddamn honor to share the screen with you all. This afternoon, and the honor is all ours because we are joined by Mike Manati. Hi.
Speaker 5: I like it when girls affectionately call each other bitches, and I kind of want like something like that for us.
Speaker 4: We call you, Mitch, call you Mitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, would you, Mike? Can you? Can you give me like a girl? Oh?
Speaker 5: I have to be more to that?
Speaker 3: No, girl, okay girl? Oh? Second one was good? Second?
Speaker 2: What was good?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: My lady friends had me watch Pitch Perfect over the weekend. Everybody, it's okay, I've been accepted. There's like four of them which we were going to drink and way back when I oh, they ever saw the third one? That was really weird because it involves spies and stuff. Okay, so I saw it because this Second Cars movie, it kind of was like the Second Cars movie. They made the comedic sidekick, the main character, fat Amy. It's just like Gets. It's actually a lot like Cars.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen either fat Amy, the mat of Yeah I told you that, Jan for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, but yeah, we wanted this. We like to see He's on Christmas night, right, everyone's in town. It's like, oh, we'll see that du Jumanji and it was sold out. We're already there. It's like up. The thing that's showing now that we can't see is pitch Perfect three. So here we go. Tell you what. Pitch Perfect one a lot better than pitch Perfect three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I maintained that that's a pretty okay movie. It's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one's that one's singing. It's not like step up to the Streets about dancing, right, This singing movie fun.
Speaker 3: Those movies are fun, though. Can we do a film with all of those dance movies? We are not doing?
Speaker 5: So I get my Angels and Demons story, Ricky. We have a lot in the backlog there here, Ricky.
Speaker 1: We should just start watching movies and then you know things recording.
Speaker 3: That on a leash.
Speaker 5: I know this is gonna come up, was going to come up.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 6: It's all on YouTube. But we watched it this weekend, Mike, how much did you see of it?
Speaker 2: None?
Speaker 5: Everyone keeps selling me my chat that you saw and you love it?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: It's the worst movie I've ever seen.
Speaker 6: It's about a dog that gets turned into a man by a magic puddle and then the man uh tries to fall in love with the girl. The dog wants to get laid basically, and then the puddle turns him into a man, and then the dog falls in love, but he only turns into a guy at night. And so his name is Prince and he's a dude at night and loves a lady, but then he turns into a dog during the day.
Speaker 3: I hate that. Okay, Yeah, that's I mean, okay, I think it's illegal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's confusing. There's a lot of questions.
Speaker 3: It brings up. What's illegal about it? Mike? They you know, beaciality part of it.
Speaker 6: She doesn't have sex with a dog, and there's no things shown in the movie period, So.
Speaker 3: The net exists.
Speaker 2: So I feel like, and that has so much dog sex. Yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: Think like when you when you talk about worst movies and the fact that a net exists, you don't talk about it that way. And I'm talking about how dare you let's I.
Speaker 4: Want to go, I'm sorry, Yeah, you're right side of history.
Speaker 3: Now for my birthday, which is two months past, I want to sit at him, driver down and just be like, buddy, be honest, tell me what you think about a net. But I want to hear it from that, he does he think.
Speaker 1: I bet he's really proud of that.
Speaker 5: I bet he thinks more proud of it than Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, come on, that's to me, that's not that much of a reach to be more proud of this thing than Star Wars.
Speaker 4: Like a seven minutes standing ovation at a film.
Speaker 1: Festival he was at, like, we could do anything gets standing?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, how many times have you seen a net? Now? Dan? Six? That's just funny. It's fun to.
Speaker 5: Think that Adam Driver was a marine and then eventually did a net.
Speaker 3: That's a funny thing, Like, yeah, standing at that. He was a producer all so, so he's got so he's got more of an emotional stake in it.
Speaker 4: Is Mike saying orgasm?
Speaker 2: Is that the joke?
Speaker 3: I think so? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But standing out is just a normal phrase.
Speaker 2: I feel like, what do you want me to do about him? Dan, I'm sorry I brought.
Speaker 4: I'm not blaming your crub. I'm not blaming you, thank you. I'm blaming Mike.
Speaker 3: I was you know, I was gonna forget about me. No, this is not the mic check anymore, stopping.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that I've been experiencing a lot of brain fog recently and doing this first fucking thing on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Does not sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this doesn't feel like Tuesday, all right.
Speaker 1: Giant Bomb dot com slash join john Bomb is independent. If you want to help us out, you can sign up for premium membership nine ninety nine for a month or ninety nine dollars for a full year. All the money goes to us.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you've already done that, you want to toss with some more bones Coffee co Ko dash Fi dot com slash gine bomb give some more bones over there. And if you were the top donator for a month, Dan Riker.
Speaker 2: What are what will we do?
Speaker 4: We and we have a leader right now and we have a picture.
Speaker 6: But yeah, the leader for the month will give us a picture that we will all display in the back of our frames for the following month.
Speaker 4: We need to order these frames. I assume digital photo frames. If we maybe put them up on a thing or something like, it would show on camera.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, that's what we're looking at right now, is getting some like twenty one inch digital photo frames and we will proudly display that in the There's.
Speaker 2: Four days left this month, right, that's that's the end of the period.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I think tokens only is still the leader by a good margin. So yes, so, but that will that will go on. So picture is coming soon.
Speaker 3: If you're asking why we want physical frames, it's because it's funnier. Yeah, way better, way better.
Speaker 1: Another piece of business. Happy birthday, Happy thirtieth birthday to our own Turbo Shan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's an all man. Now it's thirty. I remember when he wasn't thirty. That's crazy. I barely remember. It was so long ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's easy to jump from seventeen to thirty, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is he going to like not be able to make fun of us for being as old anymore now that now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're a lot older through the transitive property. We've talked a lot about this morning, about the transitive property. I think he can still make fun of us.
Speaker 2: The good news my case is that now some kids could start making fun of him for being old. That's all I want. Okay, so he'll join us and that side.
Speaker 3: Yes, I it is my dream for someone to approach Sean and call him unk. Yeah. I get called unks so much it's now beyond the point.
Speaker 4: Does makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, novels, Uncle Jeff's and nephews. Right, I'm not talking about the people who rightfully deserve to call me. I'm talking about like teammates and people who are my peers. Uncle Jeff is a thing that I am a little. It was nice in the beginning, in my early my late thirties maybe early forties, but now it's like, oh, you're actually worried I'm gonna fall down and get hurt. Well, I mean that's a aren't you glad to have that Karen affection? A yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, thanks for letting me see the other side of that. Jan.
Speaker 6: I mean, you start practicing a sport that'll give you some leg strength and you won't put all right, I.
Speaker 5: Said karen affection, and I heard Karen affection for a man.
Speaker 3: Listen, you have that? Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: If my mom's scared that, I want to see the manager and tell him that I hope he's having a nice day.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wait, do you guys think you should have to say uncle or aunt when addressing an uncle or an ant or can you just call them by their first name?
Speaker 3: First man? I just yeah, oh disagree. Oh I love this, Mike.
Speaker 2: Why respect Yeah. One time I called my aunt my aunt Bonnie Bonnie when I was like a teenager, and she got so mad that I didn't call her Bonnie.
Speaker 3: Punched you the doctor.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what she was acting like.
Speaker 1: It was not.
Speaker 2: I was like confused for a while, and it took me a long time to piece together.
Speaker 3: That's why she would be I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't say anything. I would be upset then, but I would deeply hurt me if my nephew's ands just say hey.
Speaker 2: Mike, Okay, but what like imagine him as like twenty five year olds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, I still thirty eight, and I have an uncle Dave. I've only ever called him uncle Dave. It's weird not to I thought, I thought my aunt's name was Auntie.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: That's the time. I think it depends on the person, right, I think like certain people where the uncle or auntie thing better than others. And I think it's a case by case scenario. Your uncle Mike's, your uncle Dave's, like those are almost separate.
Speaker 5: Uncle Dave's.
Speaker 3: Of course those are inseparable, right, like they have to be by law. Uncles all have an uncle John.
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 2: My son does.
Speaker 3: Actually, my son has an uncle John. Okay, shut out there.
Speaker 6: Both My parents have been married three times, so it's like there's a lot of uncles, like are there can some? My uncle Dave is like a four from Uncle Dave does that?
Speaker 3: Usually just call him former uncle. Former uncle Steve.
Speaker 2: Was your uncle when you were like seven, because if that's the case, he always your uncle. If he was like an uncle while you were like well to eleven or yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like an early teens.
Speaker 6: Well, he had the superintendent when we went to my step grandpa's house, So I would use Uncle Dave superintendent all the time.
Speaker 3: That's there, Uncle Butcher, And I love saying that uncle. That's the fun one.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I had Uncle Skeeter, but he really yeah, great Uncle Skeeter.
Speaker 2: He was great.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: He just played guitars and bars around Kansas and he.
Speaker 5: Helped them up and put on the show.
Speaker 2: I had another and this is a completely unrelated question. When you're brushing your teeth, cold water or hot water to put on the tooth butt brush before you wash before cold.
Speaker 4: I call him, but it hurts my teeth because my teeth are so hot.
Speaker 3: Water.
Speaker 2: Some people, some people swear by. I'm a cold boy myself. I'm done hot in the past.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine hot water is any meaningful?
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure?
Speaker 3: I mean who wants to brush their teeth with soup? Right?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I don't know about that answer?
Speaker 2: Well did you answer, jan? I didn't hear you. If you did, oh, cold water?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, I mean I'm insane, but not that insane.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure you tell these money hot water assholes?
Speaker 3: What is up? And what is roar? Like? Hold on, I'm gonna brush my teeth. I just need the water a warm up. What I mean, the exposure to the water. That's just like a quick quick yeah, who are you? Who are you? People? Where you need warm water? Brush? Honors? Is make it scrub better?
Speaker 2: Is that the thinking? Like you know, hot water kills bacteria? Is I think the thinking there? But that's not what brushing the teeth is all about. For sure. It's about brushing off.
Speaker 3: I mean to wash the dishes, of course, to brush the teeths I don't know. Okay.
Speaker 6: So I had like a normal toothbrush for a long time that was just like white bristles, and then I ate a bag of cheese its and immediately brushed my teeth afterwards, and it turned it like super duper orange, and so now it looks really gross, but it's not. It's just like it got some cheese at dust on it, but it looks like this yellowish orangesh to but it was like clean as a whistle white before.
Speaker 2: That to be the problem. Yeah, I think looking gross is like ninety percent of the thing you don't want your toothbrush to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, it made me.
Speaker 6: Upset every time I look at it, and I have a bunch of backup toothbrushes, so maybe I should just swap it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do we do.
Speaker 4: A gross Yeah, it's not like actively gross, it's.
Speaker 3: Just I think it's gross if it's changed color on account of your diet, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 4: I'll change it.
Speaker 6: But it wasn't like, no, here's the deal. Normal cheese its won't do that, and so that's why I wasn't afraid to do that. But I was eating those like Quest protein cheese its, and I think those are just like way more potent, and it'll just like totally Nickelodeon orange your toothbrush up.
Speaker 5: Sure, Yeah, the protein's definitely in the dust. That's where they put the protein.
Speaker 3: Actually, Dan, I also think for further brushing engagements, maybe it is not the right order of operations to instantly brush your teeth after eating.
Speaker 1: But I was like eating right before bed, I fall asleep and it has a sip of water. Yeah, maybe your first before the protein cheese.
Speaker 4: Its are potent.
Speaker 2: They protein cheese.
Speaker 1: It's I don't like any of these sentences.
Speaker 3: Everything you've said in the last ten minutes sucks.
Speaker 6: I just got to say, like unhealthy foods, and then if you give me a somewhat healthier version of it, like I don't get skittles anymore Young Earth. Things you get from like Whole Foods, and they're called giggles instead of skittles.
Speaker 3: And let's call the scam. You are scammed by a color, and that color is the color green.
Speaker 5: I'm just I got it.
Speaker 4: I was eating them right before we went live.
Speaker 5: I first, Yeah, early of that.
Speaker 3: Damn oh, I will wake up.
Speaker 6: I've had stuff, cruss pizza and healthy skittles this morning.
Speaker 5: You know what, I had cross pizza too. I think we both had leftover wrestling pay per view pizza.
Speaker 2: This bit.
Speaker 4: You have Domino's wrestling pizza no, I.
Speaker 5: Got Papa John's.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but.
Speaker 4: We had wrestling pizza this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yes, they had wrestling pizza for sure.
Speaker 3: That I got the pac Man donuts.
Speaker 4: This is a good wrestling show. That was a good wrestling show.
Speaker 5: Platro jans. You see the one wrestler Pilatro tights, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. That's cool.
Speaker 6: I didn't realize it. Speedball Bailey does like Mario world speed runs and stuff. I saw him backstage of Dynamite and didn't really know him, so we didn't talk. And now it's like, oh my god, I would have just worked out with Speedball Bailey about Mario stuff. He seems awesome.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: Now is the perfect time to also mention that we have gotten the ability to turn super chats on on YouTube, Folks. It's not a guarantee that we'll get to every single super chat that gets sent in. We will get to the super chats during the email segment after we read the regular decular emails. So if you are on YouTube in your position to send a super chat, hey, hollor, we're not going to read all of them. We're gonna try to, but please please.
Speaker 2: Here's one from Martin also confirmed super chats are active. P ness is that our first super chat is penis. I think it was actually the second one. I think Antonio Martinez, who said Bomba Gante explained.
Speaker 5: The penis things to them because that seems like a legacy thing from.
Speaker 4: Our shows, that is carrying over the word penis was funny.
Speaker 3: I thought that was it. It's true.
Speaker 2: I think what happened the first time is someone just had leftover characters in their super chats, so they just threw in an extra penis for us, and now everyone ends their super chats to the game mess shows with penis.
Speaker 4: Give us your extra penis. Give us to do that here you can.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure that Magic the Gathering would love to follow all the penis talk with a fun reveal of three new cards for the final fitnesssee uh set coming out. We got Rufus Shinra here, Uh Scorpion Sentinel and Cipher Almazi here. This this isn't helping my my problem here, gang.
Speaker 5: Man, you like drop this on us like like like basically during the meetings, like oh bye way we have like some magic revewals and we're like, what explained? I stay even no, it was the final Fantasy We got Cipher and Rufus. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Look at Rufu.
Speaker 5: That Rufus boss fight and Foul Fantasy seven remake is an all timer boss fight. It's so freaking cool with his coin and his dog. And you don't get the pet the dog, you get to shoot it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm now concerned about your own dog. Mike Monotony's great. My grandpa's dead. My grandpa can't hurt Penny.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: What there's a long history of his family just doing all kinds of stuff to dogs.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: What what it was?
Speaker 2: One dead?
Speaker 7: Let's get through the sponson Okay, right, yes, yes, all shouts, that's the Magic the Gather, Wizard of the Coast or a bunch of other outlets are revealing cards in lead up to the release of this set.
Speaker 1: Kenny Omega and Adam Cole did one at Packs East. So I think the gauntlet is being thrown down that I think Mike and I have to fight Blessing and Snowbike Mike in a two v two magic duel. I don't think they do that cool, but we'll do it. You know they used to do that, right, that used.
Speaker 3: To be a thing, or did I imagine all that?
Speaker 5: Imagine you can just do ones on ones and addap tallies. We can do a round robins tournament or something. All these cards are so cool. The Scorpions Sentinel from Final Fantasy.
Speaker 3: Oh, the quotes are so good.
Speaker 5: Cloud Strike says Barrett, be careful attack while its tails. It's going to care attact if it's laser. I remember when Cloud said that in the video game Final Fantasy seven.
Speaker 3: Thank you Mike.
Speaker 1: Do you remember there's no quote on the cipher al MASI quote amazing ALMASI amazing, amazing, Right, I guess.
Speaker 5: I would say, yeah, amaze, let's say amaze.
Speaker 1: You see this one's from the Final Fantasy eight set because you can see squall over there in the corner. But yeah, these cards are coming out soon and I can't wait to have my hands on them.
Speaker 3: How does it hands genuinely serious? How does it work? It's it's it's just like a separate game from like the regular magic stuff.
Speaker 5: You could just put it in with all the other stuff. But like they're making decks that so I think I don't think there's an eight deck. There's a seventh deck, a six deck, a fourteen deck, and a ten deck Commander decks. Then there's some other stuff, and then there's just you know, booster packs with all sorts of cards from all across the frontis as well. Yeah, it looks really cool. We're getting a ton of amazing art for this thing, just like these cards right here. It looks really really cool. I love Final Fantasy, and I am going incredibly vertical for all of this.
Speaker 4: Hey do you grandpa kill a dog? Yeah, so let's talk about dog murder?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Is that what happened?
Speaker 5: Okay, well this is my story to tell.
Speaker 2: Well now, yeah, because don't remember the details.
Speaker 5: I was good.
Speaker 2: I wondered, like, are we talking about the one where he shot a dog? Or there is another one where your grandma hung a dog?
Speaker 5: There's okay, you know what what Wait a second, wait a second, you know.
Speaker 3: Let's get to that later. Cut the music. Your grandma hung a dog.
Speaker 5: That dog was fine. I saved it.
Speaker 2: He might actually saved the dog. It was an accident, all right. It's when I just make it funny. Okay, why did your grandpa shoot a dog?
Speaker 3: He did it because he didn't want it anymore. That's the option. Look it was the two thousands, all right, this was the eighties.
Speaker 5: This is the seventies.
Speaker 3: Was the dog like racist or something that it was my dad's dog and my.
Speaker 5: Dad away to college. If my dad went the way to bed school and my grandpa. Every time my dad called back, he'd be like, oh, yeah, the dog's not looking too good today, and each I was like, oh, it's looking worse and worse, and eventually was like, oh the dog died, and then by later why the dog?
Speaker 3: This was premeditated? So he like planted this seed.
Speaker 5: My grandma didn't kill a dog in anger.
Speaker 3: No, but I know, like that would be better. I don't understand. So he like slowly but surely dropped seeds. To your dad, he's like, a dog's looking shit, Yeah, trying to winter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Look he should not have done that.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah, is that why you have like a weird thing when you can pet a dog in a game?
Speaker 3: No, that's the thing. It would never hurt a dog for God's sake.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I douce your chat coming in telling me to ask you what side your family fought on in World War Two?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, my grandpa wasn't Italian there's a will. Well, it was Italian, so he lived in.
Speaker 5: Italy during you know, the thirties and early forties.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he he thought it sounded like he was selecting from a menu game. I'm not a history.
Speaker 5: By Didn't you say you have a family from Germany?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you think they were doing during World War Two?
Speaker 3: I don't know them.
Speaker 5: I get it just following the eventually captured by the Nazis instead, because they turned against Italy and they killed everybody in his platoon but him and his friend because they could cut hair. So then they had their barbers in some pow camp and then it was liberated by the Americans, right, but like they didn't trust the Americans yet either, because they were just fighting them a few years ago, so they had to kind of just like slowly. They just kind of stayed in their bunker for a few days because they were afraid to get out. Then finally just sort of left, just kind of walked out, and I think they were in Germany or France and they just started walking back to Italy or something, and they eventually got there thanks to magical gathering.
Speaker 3: For uh, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: So again, the cars are roofs, shouldn't Scorpion Sentinel's cipher all bazy coming out during the subset.
Speaker 5: He was a sauted in Italy. His his mother was a famous opera singer.
Speaker 3: So so so so if your grandfather is your grandfather, yeah, my grandpa Ma Natti. So if you're so so. If Grandpa Manati wasn't a good barber, you would not be allowed.
Speaker 5: He wasn't even that good. He would cut my dad's There was terrible.
Speaker 3: And there's some sort of irony with you being bald and all this that I don't know. You can't trust bald barbers. Okay, you just can't.
Speaker 5: That was great. He was well except for the dog killing thing.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 3: All right, ship he earned it. Okay, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: All Both of my grandpas are dead and I never met them, so I didn't learn any deep lore.
Speaker 3: It's probably for the best.
Speaker 5: Jan you know, he loved wine. My dad doesn't drink, never drink much, but my grandpa, like later on, I smelled wise it thought. I'm like, that's grandpa.
Speaker 3: Don't understand like spelling.
Speaker 4: I think it's church.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I kind of like that, but more the Italian wine is a it's more intense, is yeah?
Speaker 3: Is Italian wine like? Is that higher? Like higher? High brow? Lowbrow? And compared to Italian brain Rot, Mike Italian brain Rot and Mike, I like that.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Games?
Speaker 1: Uh? Jeff Greb and I recorded a quick look over the weekend for Despilote, a very relevant game compared to everything we've talked about childhood memories in grub wars it again.
Speaker 3: Is it an Ecuador?
Speaker 2: It's an Ecuador. Yeah, yeah, travels throughout the different dates of the team Ecuador trying to qualify for the World Cup.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The quick look is probably going to go up after the show today. I don't have any more expanded thoughts than how grub talked about it the last time we brought up. But Despilote is such a fantastic indie vehicle for like telling someone's story. It means that they do it, and like there are select pieces that are kind of highlighted or stick out from like the this person's memories from like these specific events. It's really neat. I do like the blurred out kind of de res textures of some of the other areas in it. It's it's really cool.
Speaker 6: I'm a sucker for whenever the show real footage amidst like game stuff. A solid one at the same way, but it's not exactly like that was just full on f and b of like nukes going off. This one is like you'll see a TV of a soccer game in the midst of a like diegetically like imposed into like it looks really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great. Yeah. Yeah, the visual style like it serves a purpose while also looking fantastic. That's a good thing for indie game to kind of pull up for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Very small team. The game is like less than three four hours, so if you're looking to have an emotional, quick emotional journey that you can experience one percent, go with that. Also, you can kick a Shrek DVD so that's fantastic. Ah cool right, speaking about kicking things, we kicked it on Friday by playing the Mosquito game.
Speaker 4: It was fun.
Speaker 6: It was time the Mosquito cover of What a Gasolina and All Star and a Gangster's Paradise, right Yeah, yes, played.
Speaker 2: On the kazoo to sound like a mosquito. Yeah, it was very good. This is you know, this is one of these asymmetrical multiplayer games. One versus a team of players. It's best if you have friends like doing all the roles. Sure, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I'll ever play this game again, but it's one of those games where I'm like, I'm very glad we had an excuse to do it because it was an awesome afternoon.
Speaker 4: Right one before, so it was like perfect for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not like, you know, is it balanced very well right now? But is it really silly and funny?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it It definitely felt like one of those like Texas Chainsaw massacre or what's the.
Speaker 2: Really big one by day light?
Speaker 1: Yea, by daylight where uh, you know, you may be better served if there was progress carried over from round to round because the human is definitely a little bit.
Speaker 3: Lacking in the lead up.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 2: You know, we weren't doing like like someone pointed out, like had we been closing doors behind us in one of these levels and then the mosquitoes had to fly down and go through the little trap door.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh duh, we just weren't even thinking there's that deep let alone, like probably there's probably a couple more levels below that that we didn't even scratch. So the fact that we weren't doing the most basic stuff that makes a lot of sense, although you know, so the way it was working for us playing as the human was like, you know, try to kill them as.
Speaker 2: Much as you can throughout the level. Really though, if you could just kill one at the very end, you win, because all four have to escape for the mosquitoes to win. So it kind of did bring all down to that one moment. So it's like if they were if I were designing this, I would try to find more ways to mitigate that or kind of force confrontations at other points. But for what it is, again, we were having.
Speaker 6: A good time, and I do wish that Like there are parts where it's like there's one that's like a Jurassic Park level basically, and there's like a big mosquito in a tube and there's like three color coded like you know, chemicals you can put in. And I thought that something was gonna happen where it's like, oh, it's gonna let this big mosquito loose and help me or whatever, but it's just like everything just kind of winds up giving you money, you know. So I mean again, small team, small game, but like you know, some more fun things they could have done with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a pleasantly surprised after UPF. Also, we need more Mosquito games?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I did someone say in the chat that there was a Mister Mosquito two that only came out in Japan.
Speaker 4: Because that's the case.
Speaker 3: I think that's true. Gotta try that.
Speaker 4: I'll find out right now, grub Yeah, let.
Speaker 3: Me know, all right.
Speaker 1: Moving along the train of games, speaking about trains, Dan Raiker, you played Monster Train.
Speaker 4: To Oh my goodness, I have been deep in that. I didn't play the first one.
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 6: I said, nice, Oh, yes, Bonk had played the first one. I know she or she was big on like Slay the Spires. She got me kind of into that, and I think I always thought that Monster Train was just like a Slay the Spire thing, But it's it is in a way that it's a deck builder, but there's also some like I don't want to call it auto battling because I think that's selling it short. But it's like you're kind of placing your units on the three levels of the train to start, and then the actual battles aren't like you aren't playing a card every single time. You were attacking, you kind of set up the pieces and then a combat run goes almost like the Unicorn Overlord, you know, where it's like you just kind of watch the battles and you kind of set the pieces in motion. But yeah, it's really cool, like you'll get your like primary clan your secondary one, and so you can mix those cards. There's a lot of fun like senergies and things like that. I'm like, I think I played like seven or eight hours this weekend and I still feel like I'm very very early on. I've only unlocked three of the five I have like factions, very very intimidating at first that you know, there's I've played Slay the Spire in some games like this, but it's just like a lot of learning, like what these terms are, what you know valor means, what all these different.
Speaker 1: But the tooltip situation is very very good. So if you're ever confused about what something does, all the stuff is right there for you to figure it out.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it's really really loving it. It's more different than Slay the Spire than I expected, but just having a great time with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, out of all of the games that kind of came after Slay at the Spire. I think Monster Train one is the one that hit with me the most. I know there was grift Lands and that didn't really land with me too much. The Steam world, what was the card based one?
Speaker 5: They're all card based.
Speaker 1: Well, there was like one that it was like medieval setting, like a party of three, I know what you're talking, and of GILGAMEC think oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, GILGAMEC Yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh and and that didn't really resonate with me.
Speaker 1: I'm really excited to check out Monster Train to Dan did does still have like the weird Hell versus Heaven aesthetic of everything.
Speaker 6: It's got some of that going on. Honestly, the narrative stuff I've just been kind of blazing through. It doesn't important to me at least, So yeah, I just kind of went right through it. But incredible Steam deck game.
Speaker 1: Obviously fantastic, Yeah, real quick.
Speaker 2: I was able to confirm the existence of mister Mosquito too by going to the Giantess Wiki, which is one of the first results when you google mister Mosquito Too, because all the characters are going to be gigantic and apparently they're fansible. Giant Tess Wiki I heard.
Speaker 3: Giant tests, as in like a giant scientist.
Speaker 2: But you mean the fetishis yes, yeah, they don't have a giant science.
Speaker 4: Clarifying jan transition to a game that I didn't play. I gotta go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was about kee up another one of his games, but instead I'll just talk Pantasy walked away.
Speaker 3: Something snuck up and bit him.
Speaker 1: You saw that, right, All of a sudden, he's about to inflict Doom on a toilet, I believe. But Mike Manatti, you've been playing Doom two. Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I kind of got that Doom one plus two more recent compilation remastering. That's it's all on everything. But I was playing on switch. You know, I played these games back in the day, but I didn't beat them, so I finished TOOM one. I'm like, man, that's still really good. I played even less of Doom two back then.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I think the subtitle was Hell on Earth, and as a kid, I was like, I think this might be too much for me. It has the word hell in it, Like that's a swear of Like what will I do if my parents catch me playing this? It's finny to play it now. But oh, this is basically just Doom one with some extra stuff, and it's the extra stuff is cool. You get the super shotgun for the first time, you get the Revenants, the maps are really big, you got some set and you know, like things like cities, but still very much that Doom one tech. But playing through it was a ton of fun. So I was actually, how much fun I still have playing through Doom one and Do two? You know, like, uh, the Dark Ages is out and that's great, and I've been playing that when I can. But you know, it's very easy for me to play games at night in my bed, so this has been sort of my go to for that, and you know, I map quick save to up on the Deep Path, quick loaded down the d pad.
Speaker 3: I'm not being too precious about that.
Speaker 5: I'll just save and load especially I need to so I can kind of get through everything and see it. And it's still a ton of fun, and it still feels like a good challenge doing that, just kind of clawing and scraping your way through all these difficult levels and actually, yeah, not bad. Actually you're right, that's embarrassing. Yeah, I apologize, but yes, I played some of these newer boomer shooters and they're fun. I know Dan played bolt Gun, he's going to talk about that. I liked to bolt Gun, but I kind of fell off that. It's kind of weird to me, Like, oh, actually, just like Doom, the game that started all this, and like its direct sequel is still better than a lot of these even today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I bull guns getting a sequel or deal or something. It's full sequel, all right, Yeah, it's it is weird, like how hard it is for indie games that are clearly inspired by genres like that to recapture that. So yeah, when I went back to Doom one and Doom two, when that got that a nightdive of treatment, it was like, yeah, this is refreshing, and how much it holds up. I'm glad it still does. I'm glad her Doom two does as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: It's wow, is there's so much more in this compilation, Like yeah, it's Doom one, Doom too, but it's all these other campaigns from like you know, like compilations from fans that were officially released at some point. John Romero twice went back. It just made like new campaigns something with an s like uh, Sigligel one and one and Sigil two that I think we're definitely the twentieth and then thirtieth anniversaries of Doom. So I could just go and play like tons more og Doom if I wanted to, and I.
Speaker 3: Like almost kind of Dow.
Speaker 5: So yeah, if you if you are Carriss up playing just the og Doom, it is still a ton of fun. Works great on Switch, so I'm sure it works great everywhere. I mean it should. It's a very old game. But for so long, Jeff, you know this, we just didn't get good Doom ports. It was a very difficult thing.
Speaker 1: I've never played in any of the original Dooms, really not even touched them. I mean on a friend, I don't think. I don't remember if it was Doom, but a friend showed me on his t I eighty four Texas instruments calculator.
Speaker 3: I think he was Doom.
Speaker 2: Might have been it was probably Doom.
Speaker 3: You do you think that's just a consequence of like your generational like blinders right where you know, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Have access to like a PC maybe until like high school in terms of like something that could actually play something. But yeah, hearing Mike wax poetically about these previous Doom ports makes me curious.
Speaker 5: I mean it helps us because it's like for us, it was everywhere it was inescapable, so it like and then you know, I played it a lot at the time, but it's like even now when I think about it, it's it's.
Speaker 2: This important thing. So it's like an artifact almost. Yeah, if you don't have that context, I wonder if it changes things a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like when I really I was you were talking about it last week, and I was thinking about like my first memories of playing it, and it was sort of like the first exposure I had to like gore. Yeah, you know, like of like video game gore. And then you know, Doom does that weird thing where like all the sprites face you no matter where you're looking. Yeah, and it kind of like makes it all about you in a weird way, right where you're just like forced to kind of like face that and to hear the sounds and do all that. Yeah, it's uh, I do. Yeah. Maybe I was just a little soft when I first was exposed to Doom, but Doune kind of scared me a little bit. Guys like scary Doom was like a little I think a little above my head when I when I sorry, Dan, I'm too soft for you, and I'm.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm younger, and I thought Doom was cool as hell as a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, look, I'm just being honest with my emotions, you know, just trying to tell you here.
Speaker 5: It's as close to essential reading as we get it with video games.
Speaker 6: Right, Everyone's okay, Okay, I played something doing one plus two. If that's what we're talking about, that that's very very good, really enjoying that.
Speaker 2: Nice? Nice? So are you how are you playing it? Are you playing on the switch like Mike or what?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: I started playing with the controller on the big screen, and then I played with mouse and keyboard, and it's like this actually feels right because, you know, as much as I didn't play PC games growing up, Doom since it was sprite based, basically like my computer could actually run it, and so like it did, the mouse and keyboard, or specifically the keyboard, I guess felt right, you know, yes.
Speaker 2: Exactly, keyboard.
Speaker 3: It's the difference there, Yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's almost weird having the mouse and then it's like, well, you can't look up and down and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: No mouse look, yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting hearing you'll talk about how scary it was. And I remember Brad talking about how formative Doom was for him. Also, yeah, just me seeing it now in where I'm at, it's like, this was scary, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah it was. It was scary. You know, you had to like jump through hoops to get it to fucking run, and then all the sounds like the roaring.
Speaker 1: I thought never ending story was terrifying.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it was like the first movie I saw in theaters was never any story one or two, and yeah, scarred me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how foul Core was supposed to be like a friendly character. That ship is scary.
Speaker 3: I think the rock thing is scarier than foul Caust, scarier like foul cors. Just a big dog, right, yeah, long dog, long dog with like a flying long dog who's never you know, the rock is really good.
Speaker 2: And she said the word you said the rock, and he heard it, and so now he wants to talk about the rock again.
Speaker 3: I wonder what was going on.
Speaker 4: I saw the Rock this weekend again. The Rock's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we know, we we know z X poison gas, like we know.
Speaker 6: I made a cocktail based on ve I made a VX vile cocktails for me and my friends that looked like the Little Green Gimmicks and it was made with Medori and it was good and we watched your face.
Speaker 3: Did your face melt at the speed of sound or whatever?
Speaker 4: He says like, yeah, yes, melon, Yeah, it's a melon liqueur.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Speaking about quick looks, Greb and I also did one for TMNT Tactical Takedown. This comes from strange scaffold. I. In the span of that quick look, Greb, I had told you that I went from not liking the game but enjoying the game, and unfortunately, I think I'm back to not liking the game. In terms of like a tactics game, this is like super duper light and it's kind of a bummer, especially after the tactics genre had such a strong year last year with Tactical Breech Wizards, which is a super fantastic game for you tile sikos like me out there. But I think where this falls short is that everything is fairly light because the the character pieces, like the turtles, the enemies, they all look like board game pieces like Warhammer figures that are stuck to a platform. And on top of that, each level you were playing, you were only playing as one Turtle, and that kind of defeats the purpose for me, huh, because, like you know, when you play those those beat them up games, part of the fun is playing with and playing with and seeing all of the turtles. I understand if you're playing solo dolo that you'd only be playing as one, but in a tactic setting where you could take your time, I feel like it would have lended itself to the benefit of the game to be able to play as at least two Turtles at a time.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've gotta be honest, I didn't get to watch that quickly yet I would have expected to play as all four turtles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: That being said, like the con the combat is is fine. I think Leonardo and Raphael are definitely more of much more fun to play as. This tactical takedown does a thing that is very popular in all tactics games now, where you just want to kind of kick someone off the edge of the level screen and that's fun. There is some synergy with the moves, so for instance, like Leonardo. If you knock out an enemy with one of his attacks, he gets like a buff and that leads into a more powerful attack the next action that he takes. But overall it does feel kind of super duper light. It also doesn't control well on a Steam deck. For me, this is like such a minor nitpick, but with a tactics game that has a grid a tile grid on it, I need to be able to use a dpad, and just being stuck with using an analog stick doesn't feel the best. The writing is also super light, which is kind of a surprise to me given Strange Scaffold's history with like making banger stories and having like really fantastic writing. It is a fairly like just feature light game, which is kind of a bum or because I'm just as much of a Turtle Sicco as i am a power Ranger Cicco. But yeah, if there was an option to maybe replay some of the levels as other turtles.
Speaker 3: That could be cool.
Speaker 1: I just don't see this game being able to integrate playing as multiple turtles in a stage. That being said, in the future, I think it would be sick as fuck to have an x Com style like game with all of the turtles at once. Maybe you throw in a Casey Jones in there as well, perhaps an April O'Neil.
Speaker 5: I'll give me April.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll give you April. Maybe you give him April.
Speaker 2: Don't give it to him.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I feel tainted because are you Okay? No, I feel tainted because of Mike's uh just outright need for people.
Speaker 5: Yes, jan Jan Zachmo wants to know from a super chat who everyone's favorite turtle is. We know that you're a Leo guy. Dan, you're Donatello? Really, because I could see it being like Donna. Tello's a and a loser, but he was.
Speaker 4: Smart and had a bowstad That's who I was for Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like cool.
Speaker 6: By the way, I'm sorry about your pa. The transition was happening and I saw it. I know, hang on to it, hang on Mike.
Speaker 3: Okay. It was a balance because Mike said, well, we're getting money, so I understand that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, that's where James going. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's the Michaelangelo.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm uh, I'm a basic bitch.
Speaker 1: I didn't like Michael Angelo. Oh yeah, I know, he wasn't taking it seriously enough, Oh my lord, too much of a goober.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tello could fight and he could do.
Speaker 5: I don't know if there is a funnier reason you could have said for not liking something.
Speaker 2: I don't think there is a funnier thing.
Speaker 1: You There were steaks, there's a fucking technodrome out there. Somebody pizza a day.
Speaker 3: Therefore, Dan Reker cannot respect it. He wasn't the only one advocating for pizza pizza, but he.
Speaker 1: Seemed distracted by pizza, where the others were like, well, we have to eat to fuel ourselves.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, you're pitting all the pizza shiit on Michael Angelo, and I think that's at the service to the rest of the group. Was the only one adc your favorite. I embraced the the the entire group. I guess I really kind of liked Raphael, maybe more based on you split though, right, because you're like, it's not a real dad, well, forgot about that, but a father figure and an important one and an invaluable one of course. Like I love Splinter, He's also seems like the one I'd want to most cozy up with and like give a hug to sure.
Speaker 1: Do you guys remember in the Michael Bay TMNT movies Then no, I've never seen them. Okay, well, Splinter is played by Tony Shalhoub.
Speaker 3: Really actually amazing and further solidifies my coziness declaration. But you know, Rafael was kind of funny in the movies too, because he was sort of like he sort of had this Brooklyn accent for no reason from New York.
Speaker 2: That's a reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he swore, what do you in that movie? It's a damn.
Speaker 5: He's a damn.
Speaker 3: That's not swearing. I swear.
Speaker 4: That's the entry level swear.
Speaker 3: Damn. Fuck.
Speaker 2: But my kid's been singing that Steve's Lava Chickens song and he says hell and that so Addie keeps singing it, and she says hell every time she looks at me every time, and every time I laugh because it's the funniest thing.
Speaker 3: I can't say hell like mine's the worst reason. Okay, Yeah, Leonardo just seemed like a cop. I guess a little bit. I just like all the boy Scout characters in America. It's Cyclops, it's Simon from the Chipmunks. But I do think I don't think any turtle gets like more hate than the other ones, you know, like or deserves more. I think, yeah, I think as far as like four characters are concerned, they really did a good job at developing like that stuff in a in a pretty surprising way.
Speaker 1: You know, guys, if you look at the fucking lore behind Cyclops and Leonardo, they're not fucking cops.
Speaker 3: All right, that is what propagranda is put in your fucking heads.
Speaker 5: Pick up a goddamn book my tainted my segue so grub Tainted.
Speaker 2: Grail, The Fall of Avalon?
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, good job, good job. He does wear blue. Let's just say, okay, he does wear blue.
Speaker 2: Got us track on track?
Speaker 3: So does Paddington from this rage? Oh god?
Speaker 5: Y all right?
Speaker 2: Have any of you heard of Tainted Grail The Fall of Avalon?
Speaker 5: Is it like King Arthur Ship?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 2: It is King Arthur Ship. Yeah, it's okay. Here's how it starts. You select some character qualities while someone talks to you. They happen to be on the other side of a jail cell. You're inside the jail cell, and you have to escape this jail cell dungeon from the bottom of this cat. It's oblivion. It's so obliviant cop it.
Speaker 5: Know what I was expecting. This looks fancy.
Speaker 2: It's so I think there's this thing where it's like there's a lot of people who are like, man, all I ever want to do are play these, but as the open world RPGs, people should make more of those. This is someone saying we'll do that, and we're gonna do it like with Arthurian Legend, and we'll have all the magic stuff you like. It is an open world action Western RPG with pretty decent like production values and storytelling and acting. It's not like trying to be triple a blockbuster on a level for all of those qualities. But it's really good in all of those qualities, at least so far, and I'm surprised at how fun it is to play. I think they kind of rub off some of the rough edges from the genre, where it's like, oh, the lock picking works just like Oblivion, but it's a little bit easier. Actually, actually, you know what, That one's more like Skyrim. They don't use the Oblivion lock picking there.
Speaker 5: But either way, they are picking from the genre, doing the stuff that people like, and delivering something I think is pretty good. I've only just kind of started getting in there and seeing how it operates. So I'll be curious to see if you can keep my interest.
Speaker 3: Like what are the quests?
Speaker 5: Like, I don't have answers to that right now because I've not gone deep on any of the quests, but the initial sort of like the way it introduces itself to the player, I thought worked really well.
Speaker 4: Is King Arthur real?
Speaker 3: Like, oh, like real person? I don't know, probably but very old?
Speaker 4: So is this based and like does this have magic and stuff in it? Or is this try to be in like realist.
Speaker 2: In the video I'm watching right now as I talk to you, there's a guy that just rubbed his hand on a sword and the sword caught on fire. And that's not that's not a shoe.
Speaker 1: So historical context, but with Fana elements, you know, the historical context is your overstate.
Speaker 2: It's like it's pulling from the myth, the Arthur legend. So whether he's real or not doesn't matter, Like that's they're not they're not worried about it.
Speaker 3: You weren't asking if magic's real. I know, I just know. I'm just putting.
Speaker 5: I knew there there might have been Arthur, but he would not have resembled anything that you think of when you said about King Arthur.
Speaker 2: It would be completely unrelated and everything you've ever heard about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is not a Kingdom gum realistic thing.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, okay, but it's you know, still in that open world RPG genre, although you know that Kingdom comes very much about like being a dude having to like do these things in that world, and this is you know, you're gonna go learn some magic spells, and you're gonna get some cool armor and some cool items and equip those to your character and so you can go do more quests and get even cooler items. I am happy to see a game like.
Speaker 5: This can be pulled off without having to be like one of the biggest games in the world, right and for a long period there. To make a game this robust and with this like you know, the size of a world, you'd have to justify it by being like, well, we're gonna sell a ton of copies and we can make it make sense that way. Here, it's like, no, they're just gonna do their thing because they like it. And I think there's gonna be an audience there for it. So it's wow. We weren't getting very many of these games for a while and then like this year, the floodgates have opened quite a bit. We got Kingdom Com, we did get a VOW, we got Oblivion, and now this just tons of these now a vow this year, right, that was yeah earlier this year, holy smoked.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Moving on to things that may be questionable if they are real or not. Warhammer, Bolt Gun, Words of Vengeance.
Speaker 6: Yes, look, they just any game comes out and it's the typing of the dead, Like I'm gonna play it. That's all I need, and that's all this is. It's it's free to play, play it on Steam. I assume it's just on Steam unless it'd be weird to plug in a keyboard to a console. But yeah, it's the same type of thing where you're typing it in words as it pops up above characters heads to kill them and shoot them, and then occasionally there will be a guy flying around throwing fireballs at you and stuff. You got to like, you know, individual letters real quick before they hit you. It is straight up typing the dead and it's not trying to be anything else, and that is like my favorite one off weird experiment was like, oh, let's take this established franchise and just make it a typing game. Which that that went further where it's like they got dreamcast strap of their backs and everything.
Speaker 3: But why am I not doing this? Doing what this? Like the typing stuff? This seems like it's for me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, macklerk, it's have you not played Typing the Dead?
Speaker 3: I played tapping in that.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, well then try this out.
Speaker 6: The only thing I don't love about this is that so many of the things are like proper nouns from the Warhammer universe. So it's like there's a certain amount of muscle memory where it's.
Speaker 1: Like I'm typing, it's like that's how Typing the Dead did it, Whereas like this will be like it's Harald of pinoxa Dilphin.
Speaker 4: It's like I'm not used to typing or whatever.
Speaker 3: That's stupids a little hard.
Speaker 4: I wish I could toggle off, like I just make this real words, but it's still very fun.
Speaker 3: What kind of keyboard you're rocking with? This? Are we?
Speaker 4: Like's the one you recommended to me?
Speaker 3: This is this guy of the key chrome? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Actually no, I guess I was playing it with a wireless earlier.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so you just lie got it, that's right, Becklar.
Speaker 1: Did you ever check out check out crypt Master? That was another type.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I supposed to do it. I installed it, and then I don't know. I just kept kind of living my life and not going playing that so interesting and weird.
Speaker 2: I like it a lot.
Speaker 3: I gotta fucking get back to that, all right, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of games that are just in black and white. Yeah, yeah, just like the television that my grandmother used to watch. Speaking about Grandma's Dan, you've been playing something called Grandma No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with an exclamation point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very octo dad, ask it's in the octo dad genre, and that it's a it's just a family at home, and it's very physics y and wobbly and weird, and except for instead of an octopus, your grandma and you're.
Speaker 4: Just there's a few areas.
Speaker 6: There's like the foyer, the backyard, the living room, and there's just dumb shit you have to do, Like you've got a quest log that pops up with like okay, plant these seeds do this thing, and you're usually just like fighting with physics and carrying things around, cleaning things up. Sometimes it'll spawn like a Warrior Wear type minigame where it's just like you're controlling her hands as you're like sorting things and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: There's a fart button and that's fun. It does the thing lines and everything, and then sometimes it's either a puke or a sneeze button. I'm not sure, depending on the Like when you go in the backyard, the fart button was making me like eject green stuff from my face, which I feel maybe they're trying to do a sneeze thing with that, but uh, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We got to figure out the answer to this, Dan, I'm not gonna be able to rest, and so I know if it's puke or if it's not.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't remember. I think it was a lot like when I think vomit, I don't think. I don't think green vomit. I think a brownish, brownish thing where it's like I think this is a sneeze I believe. But yeah, it's like it's one of those games where it's like you watch two seconds of it in the video and it's like, Oh, I get what this is gonna be. It's gonna be a silly fun like I streamed it and I saw credits. It's a short name, but yeah, it definitely was making me laugh throughout.
Speaker 2: Is it a like do you take damage or is it just like causing havoc? Like how does like what's the risk reward here?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: There's it's I don't think I died at any point.
Speaker 3: It's just like.
Speaker 2: Planted, she didn't break a hip or something.
Speaker 6: Now you fall down a lot and you have to, like it, impress buttons to get back up, but there's no lives. I don't remember any kind of game over screen. It would just be like, oh, I need to plant these four seeds, or I need to cut this lawn or you know, do this thing.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna put this in front of my kids, like I want to play it too. When I'm gonna put this in from my kids, and I bet they're gonna have fun with it like simulator esque.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, totally in that vein. Yes, I bet your kids will like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool? Oh man, those are some cool raccoons too, like that.
Speaker 1: This grandma looks like my shoot grandma, and I think I'll maybe come all to play this.
Speaker 3: She's also very little. It has long stretching arms.
Speaker 1: Speaking about Grandma's, no one, I haven't seen a grandma in this video game.
Speaker 3: I don't know who put this on. Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been playing even more of this this long weekend. Spent a lot of time streaming and playing that. And I think, you know, everyone knows this game is very very good, But boy, this game is very very, very very good. I like, I don't mean to merely pity against me. Like last year there was Metaphor in Frontasi, I was like, I can't believe we got such a good one of these, maybe the best one we've gone since the golden age of JRPG's. And unless this gave somebow, like really doesn't stick the landing. I probably like this even more than Metaphor. It's so freaking fu It's just it's, you know, metaphor. There are times where it's like, okay, time to take a break. I almost never want to stop playing this game. It's just a matter of I guess I better go to bed or something now, or people are expecting me to be at this place, so I guess I gotta say goodbye to my French family for for a bit. That's really great because you know, like I'm like twenty hours in now. So the amount of character customization is fantastic, with the pictos that kind of give you different perks and each weapon. You know, weapons aren't just statistics. They also have their own kind of passives that really change the way you play with the character. It's just like combine that stuff. I just have these character bills. I almost it almost feels like I'm cheating sometimes how overpowered they are. Like Lune was kind of the wizard of the group. If I shoot people, I get these stacks and then I could spend those on spells, and I'm just like doing that so much in my first turn, dealing massive amount of damage and massive amounts of break damage, so characters are getting stunned. It is feeling so satisfying in the story. Beach, just keep coming a party member. Try to proposition me. On my last playthrough. It was very exciting, but I had to say no because I may be more interested in a different party member. But the game was like very much like you know, try to tell me, it's okay. They like, well, yeah, see I was disappointed, but she understands, and in fact you're better friends. I'm like, okay, game, thank you for taking the guilt away.
Speaker 2: I felt terrible, Like, okay, you felt guilty for not sleeping with his character. Yeah, okay, all right, Yes, I thought you were saying the I was saying, it's okay, sleep with this one because you'll still get to sleep with the other one.
Speaker 5: In fact, I asked my chat They're very like, don't don't sleep with her. You won't get to sleep with the other one. All right, that's important.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Mike, how do you feel about the pacing of this, because you know, part of I can't look at Metaphor as fondly because of how much time I spent in that world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I liked Metaphor a lot. I think all these JRPGs being eighty hours or more, I think this is I think it's a bit of a mistake that we've gotten a little comfortable with this. And it's funny with Metaphor because Persona did so much of making that a thing, right, Yeah, so I kind of get it. And with those games, there's so much of the social aspect and doing all of that right. But even that, sometimes the pacing is a little bit weird, where maybe you're doing that social stuff more than just dungeons. You kind of wish there was a bit more of that here. There is still like a campsite that you could talk to people and slow down a bit, but there is a lot more combat and action and important story beats here. The pacing is pretty immaculate. It's about as good as you can get one. It's not quite like Corono Trigger, I think is the all star when it comes to pacing in the JRPG. Right, it just kind of just goes, ghost goes, and it keeps saying interesting, it keeps showing you new things. Yeah. I really liked that this game has meaty dungeons. Like when you get to a dungeon, you're gonna maybe be there for an hour or so and you are exploring and you're fighting, and there might be a little story sentence here there, but no, just you get to play the game for a good while and the combat is so fun that you're happy about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Expedition thirty three is kind of breaking death. It's selling really well but minormy friends are like waxing poetically about it, and I never would have thought.
Speaker 3: It'd be on the radar when like it broke through.
Speaker 5: For sure, it broke through my my younger brother. I think the last turn based RPG he beats was Eternal Sonata for some reasons, Post three sixty just.
Speaker 3: Not really his genre. Yeah, big, yeah, exactly, But no, he's even other than me in this one.
Speaker 2: That's nuts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, all right, last game before we had to break. I really need to see this game in action, Grub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll make it happen this week.
Speaker 1: I need you to deliver because apparently you've been playing a lot more road Craft.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, things finally kind of settled down for me a little bit. I also did get a new CPU for my computer, which helped because now games load and they weren't there for a second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've built some PCs before. Jesus.
Speaker 4: That so scary.
Speaker 2: I had to go to Best Buy and get some thermal pace because I couldn't find nine.
Speaker 4: Like buying dynamite.
Speaker 5: That seems like, yeah, you have to call the cops first just to let them know license.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the house could explode, so its spire ready. Uh yeah, put that CPU in. That was nice.
Speaker 5: I actually went up a generation because I'm like, if I'm gonna stick with this intel, I might as look at the newer one.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a little bit better. But I upgraded up the bios on my motherboard, so hopefully this one doesn't just fry itself over time. Either way.
Speaker 5: Played a lot more road Craft, and I actually ended up playing a lot on the steam deck as well. I kind of got the setting styled in there, so it's run in like forty five to sixty frames per second.
Speaker 2: It's nice. Whatever the I'm starting to like really learn how this game is different from mud Runners and snow Runners and kind of what it's trying to do. I'll say up front, I can't stop playing it. It's the process of here is a problem at this place. You need to get to that place to deal with the problem, and along the way you might discover some other problems, like hey, this road is it's a road, but it's kind of falling apart. Maybe you should just rebuild this one patch. And so I'm like, okay, great, I'm gonna go get my light equipment moving truck I'm gonna throw the asphalt lane truck on the back of that. I'll drive it over there, because it's so slow it would take forever to drive it over there, so I'll just put it on the trunk, you know, I'll haul it. Drop that down. Go get the pavement smoother. Go get the big thing that like moves rocks out of the way but can also pave sand to make sure the sand is even. I'll go get all these tools, and I'll just find myself be like, this is just one patch on one road to accomplish something else, and I'm just in heaven, like figuring out all the little things I need to do in this process to make sure that now when I go to my home base and I need to get somewhere else, well, I can have a little bit of relief because I know that I've built up that road and it's going to work. Which is especially important because there's also like this automated side of things where you can set up these paths for resources to go in other trucks that you don't control, and if there is a road that is particularly muddy, they'll get stuck. And so the game is really focused on you just fixing stuff up as opposed to like the very specifics of managing a single truck, which is kind of what mud Runner and SnowRunner would do. So you would have a tank of gas and you would lose fuel over time, and so you had to be on top of that. So if a truck got too far away and it was going to run out of fuel, you're like, well, this sucks. I'm gonna have to bring out another truck filled with fuel to put more fuel in this truck so it can get to its end. There's none of that in this game. Every truck has unlimited a gasoline and instead there's like fuel tokens you can use to teleport them to another kind of truck to make it easier to accomplish what you're trying to do. These changes are I'm getting used to them, and I wasn't sure how I felt about them, but I'm at a point where I can't stop playing, so I'm like, I think this is a different flavor that I'm just as much a fan of, even if it's not exactly what I would have asked them for. When it looks I like them managing the fuel, that's kind of thing that is like, oh, I want to think about that. I want to find myself in situations where I made this worse for myself because I didn't plan ahead, and I want to deal with those consequences. There are other forms of that here, and mostly that has to do with like, oh, I drove that truck to the other side of a map, what can I do to get it over here? To actually do this? Do I buy a new truck? Do I go get it and take forever to get it over here? There's things like that.
Speaker 3: I have not played multiplayer yet.
Speaker 2: I'm very curious to see how that works, because like four people working on one project at a time, you could just see how like you could divide things up very quickly and everyone's like, no, you're just in charge of paving this road, don't worry about anything else. I'll bring you all the materials. I'll go get the sand or whatever, and uh yeah, I could see that being a lot of fun. So really into my shit with this game. Very happy with how it's landing, even if it is a little bit different than I think what people were expecting.
Speaker 5: As someone who still never played any of these which which one do you think I would dive into if I was going to.
Speaker 2: I think this one has like the most easy to understand goals, right because it is like you want to just rebuild a road. That's easier to understand than some of the like, oh, go get a terrain scanner and drop it off in this one location. Intrinsically, that's just not as interesting as what you're doing here. So this and also this one might be a little bit easier because you aren't dealing with with resources like fuel. It is like your truck just goes forever, which I think is what most people assumed happen when you get into a truck in a video game. It's just gonna go Who cares about gasoline? But yeah, that makes a difference with this one. I want to try multiplayer. We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, alright, gang, That about does it for game talk. We're gonna take a quick bricky break and we will be back with the news right after this.
Speaker 3: This is Jeff with a.
Speaker 2: Jeff cross Hi first news item. Here a super chat from John Larson, who I believe is just another one of our members in a mask there. This is two B two magic. The gathering is alive and well. The format is called two head a giant, where the players on each team act as one of the heads. I would like to see a two headed giant match of Mike Manatti and Janichowa versus whoever kind of funny wants to produce. That'd be a big good time.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a threat. Mike, get on my shoulders. Ah cool?
Speaker 1: U is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, well they were in a pool.
Speaker 3: No, I can do it all right. Here's the news.
Speaker 2: Nintendo switch to consoles have been spotted at US retailers ahead of launch. These pictures are everywhere. Uh, how's no one just taking one?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not saying someone should nintendent will shoot you. I guess that's why people aren't doing it.
Speaker 4: It could be done. I'm sure. I'm surprised they haven't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think they'd like be bricked upon launch? Because it's before the date if you.
Speaker 6: Had a cartridge. I mean, you're not downloading games, but if you had a cartridge, it would work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm scared to turn it on.
Speaker 3: Not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rechie's got a fuse in there.
Speaker 4: Now field there's no Wi Fi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I was gonna say, or at least connected to the internet.
Speaker 2: Just get a a Faraday Fara day.
Speaker 3: Bar, Faraday Cage, fair Day Cage.
Speaker 2: Thank you? Yes, so going there, I switched to branded Faraday Cage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I guess all the matters here is these things are real. They're in stores, like in the back rooms right now. So seems like they are ready for launch, Like they're actually gonna have these things ready to go.
Speaker 3: Was that a question though?
Speaker 2: Like it feels real now, it feels real, And also like I think there might have been a question of like logistically are they going to be able to get out the million and a half that they want to have in week one?
Speaker 5: It seems like it's leaning in that direction, like they're actually going to be able to meet this demand early early on, which how.
Speaker 4: Many of us are going to have it with us in LA somehow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll have When is it coming the fifth? Oh no, I fly out that day.
Speaker 5: So now I'm flying out late on the fifth to make sure I get mine first.
Speaker 3: Now I had to fly out early because Newark Airport is a hellscape, right.
Speaker 4: But grub you and I are earlier than that. How are you are you getting it sent to LA?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be a Nicky's house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I mean like my plan is kind of like, look, we're doing a lot of stuff, got GB at night, we have all this stuff. My plan is to kind of badger you guys to like make a bunch of switch to stuff whenever where we have free time. I'm like, we should just fine with that, play some Mario cart and do something like let's take some time here and like record something real fast.
Speaker 4: I'm play Soul Calver two against Mike.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I cannot wait, seriously, I'm so excited for that.
Speaker 1: I didn't place the pre order, but I and I know that we have an insane amount of things to do once we get on the ground in LA. But I kind of want to try and roll up to a store and get one.
Speaker 4: I think, Yeah, I like, then you do, like, well, could we do the midnight release thing like I used to do that for like every concept.
Speaker 5: I am going to a midnight release any best by anyways is my brother's picking his up there and I just like preordered case there, but like they are apparently gonna have some to sell and I might like just get one there if I can, and then you know there's somebody who will buy my Walmart one that's coming in the mail.
Speaker 6: Although I thinking about it, like I remember not midnight releases as much as like I remember PS two sleeping outside of the best Buy three sixty Best Buy and it's like it's an overnight thing and then it's like six seven in the morning or whenever they open that's when they did it. Like oh right, really, like, what is the option if you want to do it in person like that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Is it midnight?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: No, it's midnight. Yeah, but it's you know, there's fewer options than the heyday of midnight releases. But yes, they would be like you, some people maybe will sleep over there, but no, you're not gonna have do that. You're gonna a pre order and then there's gonna be a handful in the store. So yeah, people will line up and it'll open it midnight tho'll like you know, refreshments and stuff like that, and then you go into the Games Stop or Best Buy. Those are the two places doing it. Maybe Targets doing it as well. I can't remember.
Speaker 6: I had fun memories of that, I really do. It's just like it's a long wait, you're uncomfortable. I remember the PS two one was in the rain for me, but it was just like everyone's just so excited that everyone's talking about what games they're going to get. Like people were tossing footballs around and drinking beer and it's great.
Speaker 5: You know, and everybody will have their Switch ones to play.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, we should just do a tailgate. I like, yeah, I'd be game for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would like the Philly style style. Yeah. Switch to is is going to be fun to play because apparently a lot of the Switch two games are just going to work as you hope they would.
Speaker 2: There have been no issues reported so far, according to a lot of testing that Nintendo's done. Nintendo reports most Switch games have no issues on the upcoming switch to Well, some games have startup or in game compatibility problems, requiring fixes. The majority of the fifteen thousand third party games titles that have been tested show no issues at all. I think, you know, that's the baseline that's people are hoping for. But this is going to be mostly emulation. I think they said something about a hybrid solution, but it's emulation, really, and that always introduces the possibility for some things just not to work.
Speaker 3: That you're not expecting.
Speaker 5: Sounds like that's going to be a minimal problem here this time around, which you know that it's important I want all my Switch games to work. But I was at there was a time there where I was definitely hoping Switch one games would actually just all run better out of the box, and that could still happen, but I'm less hopeful for that now.
Speaker 1: I feel like the only time I've ever really noticed that because like, you know, like there's the what PS four game boosts, the you know you've seen toggles like that. I've never really noticed it except for with the uh Xbox backwards compatibilities stuff like playing like Max Pain Mercenaries, you know, things where it's like the load times were totally removed. Yeah, yeah, and it just runs great. Sixty Preme second Red Dead I think ran really well that way.
Speaker 5: That was like they would do like extra work on some things, like you know, Mirror's Edge ran out a better frame rate than it ever did our original Xbox.
Speaker 2: Or six right right, I did that oem or the ode the optical distrive emulator thing on the GameCube, and so it's loading games from an SD card. Now, would that load games faster? Because it's some games that I thought had like longer loading times are like loading almost instantly, and it's freaking me out.
Speaker 5: You would imagine, I guess, I guess. So yeah, I'm like, I wonder if that was CPU bottlenecked or whatever. But I'm gonna do some tests. I'll see what I can find out.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Some other Nintendo news. Nintendo appears to have blocked the recording of videos on its Nintendo Today app. This is a this is very strange. Nintendo seemingly blocked vide recording. Basically, it has implemented DRM uh so that when you try to record a video natively using you know, whatever app it is on the iOS or just the built in functionality on Android, it just gives you back a black screen I think, and nothing gets recorded, which some apps can do. Right, that's a security functionality. Nintendo's news announcements probably don't have those same security concerns. Like Nintendo just being weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like if Netflix does it, sure I get it, but right.
Speaker 5: That app, I mean, I think Nintendo believes that they can get more people to use it if they don't let the news escape through other channels.
Speaker 3: I don't know, gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's really bizarre. But do any of you have the Nintendo Today apps installed on your devices?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Everyone installed, but I don't use it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I've installed, but I've not checked it in a few weeks.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: The next Nintendo Direct will reportedly drop around switch twos along A Nintendo Direct live stream is rumored to be held around the launch of Nintendo Switch To on June fifth, according to journalists Pedro Henrique Luti Lippe. Historically, Nintendo has held directs in June, often focusing on upcoming games, so people are getting their hopes up for it.
Speaker 5: Anyhow, We've talked about the possibility of a direct a couple of times, but now as we are on the precipice of the launch, do you.
Speaker 2: Guys think it's likely?
Speaker 3: It would be? Weird?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What do you think about a direct the week of the switch to launch.
Speaker 5: There's some games that they definitely need to show more of, uh, you know, show a bit more Donkey Kong, show more Kirby Air Ride, Pokemon Za. We don't we don't have a release date for Metro Prime four, so maybe what's that.
Speaker 4: Maybeuff like one other game?
Speaker 5: Yeah, or you know, hope maybe we do actually get just Metro Prime two and three remaster, maybe even NSO stuff like Donkey Kong sixty four. I think we all expect that to happen around the time of Bonanza. You know, people are like, oh, maybe there's like one more game for this year. We could see what that looks like. And you know, there's the other High Rule Warriors, right, There's plenty of things to talk about here. Honestly, for me, the big thing is we got to get that Metroid Prime for release date. Please.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it'll happen like, you know, the week of June fifth, but I expect something to happen in June with.
Speaker 3: The director, not that same weekend of SGF because there's a lot of things going down.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, I guess it'd be like the week after SGF, but we're all still going to be traveling, there's still gonna be a ton of stuff. It would be in the wake of a lot of other work, so that'd be annoying. But yeah, I think sometime in June they probably do something.
Speaker 5: I'm fire on them. Remake that we've been thinking is real forever. It's basically been done forever. At some point they're gonna have to announce that.
Speaker 2: Yep, exactly. They have lots of things they could still talk about like always, so we'll see. I think that. Man, people do keep going back to getting Mario this holiday.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know where that's people, what does that mean.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people out like like cover Video Game News that when they talk about this, they go to thinking, well, there's also a Mario game coming in addition to this Donkey Kong Bananza, and it could come as soon as this holiday.
Speaker 3: Now, well, I trust only like you know, four people's opinion, and three of them are you grubs, So like I.
Speaker 2: Think that'd be crazy.
Speaker 3: I think that'd be I think that's next holiday, Yes, that if that even right?
Speaker 2: Like initially when we saw Donkey kongk Binanz, I'm like, that's what they've been working on. That's the Mario team, nothing else. And now like there maybe there's some thinking that some of the support studios could have helped a lot on either this game or on the Mario three D game, because the sports studios did help a lot, help out a lot with Odyssey and then with Bowser's Fury.
Speaker 3: So yeah, maybe next holiday, but.
Speaker 2: I don't think this holiday. That would be nuts. Especially like if you have a Mario game and you're announcing a system and it's coming out within the six months of that system's release, you just say that because Mario is that big, and they.
Speaker 5: Didn't, so everybody just I don't know. Everybody's like there has to be a big holiday game for the Switch too, and like they in their minds pogymore legends Za doesn't count.
Speaker 4: But it counts, Metroid would count.
Speaker 2: Well, both of those things are coming, so regardless of what you think counts, you're gonna get one of those. So I think they have another game. I don't know if it's a big game for this holiday. We'll see. All right, let's shift over to some PlayStation news. This is an interesting While everyone else is raising prices, Sony confirms it's going to actually discount the PS five this week. Yes, let's see here. This is for accessories in software, and it is starting this week. Sony is offering discounts on PlayStation five hardware and software, including fifty dollars off the PS five pro in the United States, from May twenty eighth to June eleventh, during its days of play campaign. A Call of Duty Black Ops six bundle will also be available, offering savings compared to buying the console and game separately. Discounts will extend to other PS five models, VR two controllers, earbuds in first party games.
Speaker 3: Man and even Know they still sold the PSVR two.
Speaker 2: While price has recently increased in Europe, Australia and New Zealand, the US has avoided similar increases, although the slim Digital Edition launched at a higher price. What do you think is happening here? I mean, obviously they always discounted from days of play, so it's part of that. But I'm definitely operating under the assumption that they are still going to raise the price of the PS five in the United States, because they have not done that since they did it everywhere else, and since then, Microsoft has raised the price. The switch to got announced with a high enough price that you could justify a price increase for the PS five. Is this like one last party before that happens or what.
Speaker 5: It's maybe unrelated, but I don't know, Jeff, Maybe I'm crazy. I still just don't think they're gonna they're gonna raise the price. I think they're gonna cost you the bite the bullet. You know, they've been afraid to do it here because they know Americans get so upset.
Speaker 3: I mean, and I know Xbox raised the price.
Speaker 5: I bet if we could look at the sales data, that is going not great for them, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, absolutely, and that maybe they don't care about selling consoles as much amore, but so definitely does so they don't want to throw any wrench into that works. Yeah, well, I bet I bet they're keeping price increases on the table if they're not immediately planning them. And then so I guess other than that, it's business as usual, And that would mean a discounted PS five through the days of play? Who here has the PS five pro? And Dan, I know you have one? Did anyone else got?
Speaker 3: I don't, And it's weird to me that I don't, because I always just get these things. But I I mean, like you've you've gotten the sentiment anecdotally, even that like it's maybe not the thing you think it is.
Speaker 2: We're not rushing out to get it. Like that's that's the difference there. Yeah, I get that. It's I mean, it's a lot of money, right.
Speaker 5: It's funny because like what differences one hundred dollars at a certain point, But it's like it's actually a big difference, especially in my head of just like if the they had come out at the price that the PlayStation five was at launch, I could almost swallow that pill. But it's more expensive than the PS five ever was. It's like no, and like how many years I really think this thing has? Maybe more than I'd like to admit. Even that just kind of makes me more depressed when I think.
Speaker 3: It's just different than the PS four Pro. It's just like a totally different insertion point in the life cycle.
Speaker 2: And the necessity is completely different.
Speaker 3: They had like the day one tangibility of like a perceived improvement and just you watch more k TV take advantage of that with it was just like a one to one like easy sell, and the cost wasn't pornographic the way it is now.
Speaker 5: They were releasing more PS four games. They just were right.
Speaker 3: So it's like the future was sort of like, you know, bright brighter. Maybe.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, we're all like, when is it's only gonna even talk to us at all about its games? We just don't know very much about them right now, and.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that here in a second, six hundred and fifty dollars for PS five Pro. I think had that discount happened quickly, like after the PS five Pro got announced or came out, that might have moved me. But now at this point of getting used to not having it, I'm like, nah, it's.
Speaker 3: They should have They should have bundled it with like a year of premium or something like. They should have like made it more you know, attractive of a purchase. It just looks like this huge number should have made it look cool. It just looks bored.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, that's one thing we'll discribe. I do like I like the aesthetics of the whole Placetation five family. I like it's really Eve aesthetic.
Speaker 1: I think it's I'm fine with like the base PS five looking like Seto Kaiba from Yu gi Oh, but like the Pro, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Look cooler. Sure, gimboard swagged out or something. Yeah, it makes something.
Speaker 4: That's possible to like put in a bag and travel with or something.
Speaker 3: Way. Well, that's that's that's not that. I mean, you're just gonna come on. Look like two and then there's one portable console and that was the game Cube.
Speaker 1: UH.
Speaker 2: Sony's next PlayStation State of Play will reportedly be coming in June. Sony is likely holding a State of Play presentation in June because instead of a larger show case, this comes from high me. Yeah, let's say, yeah, I talked about this on in a couple of places we've did on Games Mornings, I think, And so for people that are always wondering about the distinction there state of play versus a showcase, PlayStation has done stuff called showcases in the past, and these are like their Big E three equivalent like productions where they have tons of massive first party announcements and things like that, or that's the idea at least that's the kind of place where they could show off a PS five when it was getting announced in a PlayStation showcase. State of plays are more like directs. But and then sometimes they could be even less than that, or like sometimes they could just be like a partner direct and a Nintendo partner direct. So the thinking here is like, hey, they're going to do a State of Play, is this not going to be exciting? I still think there's plenty chants that we see very cool announcements from Sony itself inside of a state of play. But I don't know what a ur Al's expectations level, expectation level for big announcements from Sony at this point. If they come out with the state of play in June.
Speaker 5: They gotta just talk to us about some things, right, you know, we obvious we're gonna see more ghosts of Yote or your tie excuse me, uh, Wolverine we have not heard much about since basically the leaks. Right, what's going on over over there? Interg I don't know if we're gonna see too much more of.
Speaker 1: Intergalactic for a while, Right, we have to see more of Marathon, right that I would assume that it gets delayed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's it gets delayed. Uh yeah, Marathon, Fair Games. Who knows what's going on with those two games right now? Maybe nothing good. But that's the thing is, like we're kind of you know, sentiment is kind of like negative. Uh so maybe show us some stuff that looks cool and interesting. Maybe, you know, do talk about some new things that maybe they are a bit off, but it's exciting. You're bringing back some franchises that we care about. You know, there's many they'll do that.
Speaker 3: Hell is us game again? I feel like, hell, yeah, that's like they're favorite, like.
Speaker 5: They have a pet, a pet partner game. Yeah, because it presents all the time. Yes, it presents really well. Like every time they show that game off, everyone's like, what the fuck is this? Well maybe it's just me, but you definitely do that though ipop hard for it.
Speaker 3: I don't like that phrase, but you know, uh yeah, you know, like I think like it'll you know, I mean that that gmes like September right like stuff this year September?
Speaker 1: When is that?
Speaker 2: When is Sorrows Out?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but we haven't seen gameplay of that, have we?
Speaker 2: Like that's one.
Speaker 3: I'm very righty.
Speaker 1: I just fucking love Returnal and I would love to see what the hell Sorros is all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it ways out initial release date this looks like a placeholder, so yea, it must be twenty twenty six because it's just December thirty first, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Do you think is the possibility of seeing anything Last of Us related?
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm going to remake too again or whatever? Yeah, but like nothing, I mean, come on, Intergalactic is the hey?
Speaker 2: Has everything Last of Us been like fully remade? At this point and re released the package because I think there's.
Speaker 5: Nothing else they could possibly justify Rebastery get good at this point.
Speaker 2: I think there's a chance that the the other project that Druckman referenced like a couple of weeks ago, maybe that pops up, and I think that's an uncharted game. Uh but maybe not.
Speaker 5: Maybe'd be excited.
Speaker 6: I just checked my embargo information and I can say that I played hell as Us and we'll be able to talk about it this week.
Speaker 4: So okay, great, yes, very soon. And I got an article going but at the old place.
Speaker 2: All right, cool, let's see here next news story and get back over to my headlines. Star Wars Battlefront two devs want to get the band back together, is how they phrased it. They want to get the wolf packed. That's who made Star Wars battle Front one two.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wow, Perry Saturn was lead developer.
Speaker 4: Saturn wasn't in the WOLA.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch WCW those the radicals. Uh.
Speaker 2: Either way, Battlefront two's popularity is the highest it's ever been on Steam. It has the most concurrent players it's ever had on Steam.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: It launched on Steam long after it came out on the EA Store whatever that's called Origin, and so it never had the highest concurrent player numbers on there.
Speaker 3: It was like nine thousand or something.
Speaker 2: It's surpassed that now and people are crediting that to and Or and maybe that Revenge of the Sith inding in theaters recently. Whatever the reason is, people are getting excited about the possibility of EA and Dice going back to Battlefront with a Battlefront three. EA's never said anything about this, but this one developer did say that they the team that worked on it, talks about it, and they there's a sense that they want to get the band back together. They would like to do this. I don't know how likely that likely that is. They got to get Battlefield correct first, right, this next Battlefield game seems super important, and then maybe one day they could talk about a Battlefront again.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the twenty seventeen joint, right.
Speaker 2: Twenty seventeen Battlefront two. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: Oh that's weird.
Speaker 4: No, it was all the really good game play, but the really bad Loue box.
Speaker 5: Yes, bash game actually has kind of a lot going for it. It was very heavy, so that was a problem, and the course that had terrible, terrible loot boxes, which and as bad as they were, it got amplified times ten on the internet, right, like the whole thing. But man, when that game is going, that game was fun, That game looked really really good.
Speaker 2: There still looks as good as the game needs to look.
Speaker 3: It looks as good as a game needs to look.
Speaker 5: That planet on the Camino, that water level, it's still just kind of amazing with the rain falling and the outside sections. It's like, I would love they made another one, and you kind of just take the good and leave behind the bad and just really have fun with it. But you're probably right, Jeff, that they are worrying more about Battlefield right now, even though frankly I'd be more excited for Battlefront three.
Speaker 2: I would too. I did like this is for game last morning tomorrow, but like I looked at the pool I ran, and from earlier this or from last week, it'd say, hey, do you want another battle Front game? And like half of the people are like no. So for as much as excitement as the excitement is building around this game and Star Wars fans are convincing themselves that like there is a popular wave of support for it, and there is, I don't think it's to the point where, oh uh, this is penetrating the mainstream so that EA can justify it. It's to itself spending years and years making a new one of these. First of all, by the time they do that, a million things could go wrong with Star Wars again, it wouldn't be worth it. And then and then second, you know, the hardcore Star Wars fans saying they want something does not translate to the mass audience saying that they want something anymore.
Speaker 5: I mean, unfortunately, the time to do it kind of was when they did Battlefront two, when right after that Force Awakens was the biggest movie ever kind of thing, right, and you know, Star Wars hasn't really been as good shape as that for a long time, so kind of good luck doing it now.
Speaker 2: Yep, they you know, this is EA. They they're doing skate foard because of a you know, social media thing. But I don't think I don't think that's like gonna be a trend for them. I don't think they're gonna glomme onto every single one of these. All right, A couple more stories here.
Speaker 5: Ex Machino director director Alex Garland is going to helm the Elderering movie for a twenty four It's gonna be live action, it's gonna have it's gonna have writers.
Speaker 2: People are gonna write this movie. They're gonna work with George R. R. Martin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Railroad Martin's getting on this.
Speaker 2: George Railroad Martin is going to be on the poster. I guarantee that his name will be very big on there. How it involved, he is like, look, he already wrote wrote a bunch of lore. Maybe they can email him and ask him some questions. I don't know, but I think this is a pretty good fit. I brought up on Games Mornings when I reported the story originally that The Green Knight is like a very good model for what I think an eldering movie should look like. And if they could just kind of do that again with this, I'd be happy.
Speaker 5: The Green Knight has like one freak, The Green Knight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Mary Kogan is in that movie. He's the other freaking like fifty freaks. What is Green Naights gimmick person? Okay, yeah, what's the seth rogen thing?
Speaker 3: Green Hornet? Yes?
Speaker 8: Green?
Speaker 3: You think I was talking about green Hornet guy that.
Speaker 4: Helms come up with different names.
Speaker 2: For stuff, or just have this conversation in your head and don't bring it to the podcast. Green Knight is a different name than those other things you said. That's the Q cute thing here. It is different, right, you see the confusion, No, the green, I only see green.
Speaker 4: Wow man calls everything around Anyways.
Speaker 5: I don't want me to be a funny duddy Jeff, but I don't see this working.
Speaker 3: You would need in my mind, have you played on a ring? Have you seen what's happening in that game? Everybody looks how that world looks. I think you need avatar money to make that. I don't, but I don't. I think that was right twenty years ago. I don't thinkin it's make it look good.
Speaker 5: I think that's right.
Speaker 3: I think deserved as like a series versus a movie.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, you know yeah probably number two. Uh, Like story and odoring, it's mostly lore. It's mostly.
Speaker 2: You know, movie based on vibes.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 5: Like Drive, We're gonna get a drive.
Speaker 3: Your vibe didn't like I was good?
Speaker 5: I hate Drive actually kind of with a bit of a passion.
Speaker 3: Do you huh?
Speaker 2: What don't you like about stupid.
Speaker 5: Cynical movie where they play something with like a low base, and everybody's like it's vibes now because there's a neon light and bass, and then they're like curbs on somebody's head and it's gross. Everyone's like, this movie is brutal in a way that makes me feel.
Speaker 2: Live's not an adult murder in there.
Speaker 8: Then it's weird that because all the stuff I watch is so uplifting, I don't really fun.
Speaker 3: I guess I understand a little bit of what you're saying, but you're being a fuddy.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 6: Speaking of fuddy duddy, here's my turn. I can't think of a single video game franchise I would care about as a TV show or a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would that. It would twisted Metal. I don't care.
Speaker 6: They they're just I would see a metal your movie, bio show. I saw the Mario movie. I thought it was well, would be a good movie. I would just wouldn't wouldn't care.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 5: The next Bioshack and that we've been talking about how it's gonna be a movie, yeah for twenty years.
Speaker 3: But that's clear.
Speaker 2: I think that's the most likely scenarios. This movie never gets made. Of course, yes, but I think it's like a realistic way of doing it. I think it is the Green Night route, where it's like, you know, you focus on a few freaks and you go make it happen, but it's probably not going to all right, I mean, yeah, go ahead please.
Speaker 3: I was just I mean, like they they did do a really good job with Last of Us like that, I thought everyone hates it hateople online.
Speaker 2: Well, people seem less enthusive enthusied about the second season, but I don't think that means it's a terrible show or anything like that. And the first season is well, very high regard a.
Speaker 3: Lot of actual people in Last of Us and then like fungal people whatever. It's easier, I think to make the blanket statement that there isn't any video game worth adapting, is I'm saying that I would be interested you well you, but that doesn't really like I amn't.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think if there's anything that I would like, actually be super excited for where I.
Speaker 3: Have I would like. I think I would watch like an Alan Wake series, watch.
Speaker 5: Care about like that Coachama heavily involved death stranding movie.
Speaker 6: I'll see it out of curiosity. Same as if there was a Metal your movie they've talked about for twenty years or whatever, Like I'd see it, but like, I don't know, death Stranding is a pretty cinematic game. Well you're solid extreme, but like the stuff I love is the way it interacts with the game, you know, medium, and I don't necessarily oiled down two hour version of the story that was delivered quite well in video games.
Speaker 3: I'm with you for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Like there's a been there's been a wave of obviously video game movies and shows announced recently, and I am at a point where it's like, oh, even if that comes out, I'm not watching them.
Speaker 6: You know, first and foremost me, I mean, Zelda is one of my favorite franchises of all time. I could not give less of a shit about what I would happen. And I think that i'd have to.
Speaker 4: I think, like to go in like super excited, you know, like I'll see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think that's gonna have a similar problem as another I think when we see what that looks like, a lot of people are gonna be kind of weirded out, Like that's what it looks like when we have budgets and green screens and kind of you know, special effects instead of just everything's a video game in uniform.
Speaker 3: I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 2: Sure, I think you get the gim Hence company to work on the Elder Ring movie, and you are halfway toward people. Yeah, the Rascal people.
Speaker 6: I've never heard my dad mentioned Jim Henson ever, and just today he texted me about Jim Henson.
Speaker 4: He did a joke. You're ready, Mike, I'm gonna be my dad.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, this is probably gonna be really insensitive going.
Speaker 4: No, h did you know that Jim Hanson was a micromanager?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, he had a hand in everything.
Speaker 3: That's funny because they're puppets.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Did your dad like read the back of a Snapple cap like Joe? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: All right, last story here. This one got appended by I believe Mike Minati. Dragon Quests one and two h D two D remake arrives on October thirtieth, in just in time for Halloween, and it's coming to switch To, also releasing on Switch one Xbox PlayStation in PC. Switch To version is a game key card version, although Switch one version appears to have the whole game on the card. That's weird, all right, Hey cool, that's fun. We've been waiting for this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I haven't. You know, we got the three remake about that time last year and we were kind of wondering when this one would drop. I liked it a lot. I thought it was very pretty, perhaps my favorite of the HD two D remakes. If not that, then the Live Alive was very good. Yeah as well. And I liked Straanon Quest three a lot, but I actually had played that one before. I'm not played one and two, so this will be my first time getting to experience those. And also, like if the order seems weird here, uh, chronologically, the story does go three, one, and two, so you are playing them in order. Actually if you started with three.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I think it's neat. The game card stuff has become a bit of a talking point because even though it is that game key card for Switch Too, so the game's not actually on there, it looks like the game is actually just on the Switch one game card. So you know, something funky has been going on there at the way Nintendo has been selling these cards to people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, okay, well that's just wait, oh please, another headline breaking from jerf.
Speaker 3: No, it's not a headline, it's just a I want to put a footnote on the previous movie adaptation.
Speaker 5: I mean I thought it had something to say about Dragon Quest.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I think I said this somewhere. I'm sure I did at one point, and I think Dan you were really on board. I can't remember. But so maybe think about the reverse right where there's not like a franchise that you want to see made into a movie, but is there a movie that you would want to be made into a video? Rock? And I well, here, okay, what if you could play every scene of The Rock in a video game?
Speaker 1: Well, the already of the shower room and the gulag and modern Work or two and basically the underwater infiltrations Solid one.
Speaker 3: The video game is called The Rock and you play as Funny who could do that voice? Yeah?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: Okay, I do want to play John Stanley Goodspeed.
Speaker 3: Yes, you play both? Of course you do? You play us both of them?
Speaker 4: You do like a diffuse the Rocket mini game or something.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and like, would you not play every second of the Rock the video game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So I want die.
Speaker 4: Hard, I want I heard trology is good.
Speaker 3: No, I want to play I want to play it in the way that like the Indiana Jones game was like, that's what I want games.
Speaker 4: Diehard also, Diehard Arcade was very good.
Speaker 3: But I am aware that the has been used before in video games.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about Ayranding.
Speaker 3: You understand what I'm putting out there, right, you understand what this could be. Right, every scene of the movie you play, aside from like.
Speaker 4: All the bullshit, right, you don't care The Rock doesn't have that. It's just it's no fat on that.
Speaker 3: There's no thing. There's a little bit of fat.
Speaker 4: There's the Beatles, super Freak and the sex on the roof?
Speaker 3: Do you want to play with conn Air? Alright? Talking about Yeah, all of a sudden, I conflated the Rock.
Speaker 4: Rock is much better than Connair. Connor is empirically no argument here.
Speaker 3: I don't know why all of a sudden, you know, because that was the that was the plane scene, and for whatever reason, I conflated.
Speaker 2: You don't have one plane in your head at a time, Yeah, exactly, there's only.
Speaker 6: One would be oh man, Harris is beakingna Yeah, just they already got the Harrison formodel.
Speaker 2: It would be an excellent video.
Speaker 4: The video off my Plane would be awesome.
Speaker 3: So why are we like we're going only one way?
Speaker 2: Why are we not going the other way? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Video games, But I love movies too.
Speaker 2: Look, I want the real reason this is happy is because movies are desperate for anything that's like succeeded somewhere else, of course, so they just grab it, and video games are like, that doesn't.
Speaker 3: Work for us.
Speaker 5: Like video games can basically do all the things that movies can do. Movies can't do the things video games can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the movie based on Roadcraft would suck.
Speaker 3: That'd be bad.
Speaker 6: Sure, you say one video game that you'd watch it? Video game based on Rehearsal Season two? Oh my god, have you finished the jam?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I I took I took the test that's in the because I wanted to take the test. I couldn't find it.
Speaker 4: For the same name as the eyes take the test right now.
Speaker 3: No, we don't have enough time. It takes a while. They did.
Speaker 4: There's like thirty six I took it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to take you like two to three minutes, right, because they.
Speaker 6: Said if you're not autistic, it should take three to five minutes. If you're autistic, it takes longer.
Speaker 3: Is what what?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: It's like the mind the Eyes test or something like that. I'm not going to spoil the family because it's fucking nuts what happens. But yeah, well, holy none of you have seen it.
Speaker 3: You spoil it?
Speaker 2: Like my understanding is no, Yes, you can spoil it easily.
Speaker 3: I could tell you.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna type it to you in discord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please because yeah, yeah, don't make snap killed Tumbledore shut.
Speaker 3: That's a good reference. Thanks, all right, gang grab. Is that it with the news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm done with the news. I handed the show back over to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll Jeff back on our hijack for a second and we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Try to make a point.
Speaker 5: And I came in and shut it down.
Speaker 3: Sorry, We're gonna go take a quick bricky break and we will be back. Reacts before we go. Don't you read any of that out loud?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? What he shot it?
Speaker 3: Talk too? I gotta watch this o God, all right, fade in the black.
Speaker 1: These are the emails or the show emails. Bombcasta giant bomb dot com is the email addresses in your emails too. You can write in about any and everything and I will look at it and decide whether or not it's worth it to show on the show. And sometimes hey, a little too weird. Other times, thank you so much for the support.
Speaker 3: We love you. First email of the show comes from Jeff from London.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: This one's for grub, but I fuck with you all. Roadwork Scrub was talking about cool vehicles and how fun they are to work with. I drive boats, I mean navigational officer, and I've worked on container ships and car carriers and platform supply vessels. Uh. For the last few years, I've worked on tugboats. Tugboats are basic tugboats, basically parked bigger boats. In reality, it's us on on the big boat and shoving them around on our small but powerful vessels. It's an incredible feeling using the power and utility of a vessel like that in what I can imagine is the same sentiment for people that do it on the land, like in roadcraft, corats and independence. Love you all, Jeff from London.
Speaker 2: Man, tugboats are weird, right, Like, how does that little thing tug around that big boat? That's nuts?
Speaker 4: I think there's boat boats are weird. Sure, How are they stand above the water?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, no one knows, that's that's true. How do you think they stay above the water?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 4: Air is involved?
Speaker 2: Would it make would it? Would it help you if I explain that it's the water that keeps the boat from from sinking.
Speaker 6: It's because it's like when you breathe in when you're underwater and you got air in your lungs and it makes you float up.
Speaker 4: It's like there's pockets of air in the boat.
Speaker 5: I mean sure, but like like the water is pushing against the boat, and the way the boat is shaped, it like like the bigger it is in the broader it is, there's more pressure pushing the boat up and keeping it floating as long as there the water doesn't get On the other side of that, air.
Speaker 4: And planes and it's like how it's the wings are cutting through the air.
Speaker 3: It's not lifting your pressure. And you know, grub sometimes you're on you have like a mile before you're going to get into the accident, and that's what you're looking at in front of you right now.
Speaker 5: It's complicated enough that I don't blame Dan, thank.
Speaker 3: You, thank you. I don't know how this is not about then, this is about Grubb. Yeah. I was like, I was just curious what Dan would say about it.
Speaker 2: And then and you know you didn't know, and you're right, that's not surprising, and back ours right that I should cut it off now instead of trying to explain.
Speaker 3: You're like, You're like, I bet if I keep going sixty pounds an hour, I'll hit that car a mile ahead of it. You're like, might as well floor it.
Speaker 1: Speaking about cutting it off. Next email comes from Owen in Minnesota. Hey, BombCast folk, welcome and congrats on independence. Jan mentioned a bit ago that crop tops should be a thing that is added to the store, which can be difficult. I run a merch store as well, but I have an elegant solution for a quick mock up design. Even behold the greatest worst idea ever official giant bomb diy crop tops, and now I will show the image on screen. Owen here has included a dotted line across where the tummy would be.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 2: That's clever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you can take the rest of the shirt and perhaps fashion like a headband or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough to source out crop tops turns out really, I mean, the the partner we work with does not. I don't believe offer that out of the gate. We'd have to self source herd requests. I think this is a great worker. I think it makes it fun too. Yeah, yeah, I like it. We could also see how good people are at cutting things. Yeah, you know they should come like pre cut, like perforated, right where you're just sort of like you tear off the tag yourself that'd beat and then just put it.
Speaker 2: You wash it once and the and the bottom falls off.
Speaker 3: That's how it works. There we go, There we go? All right.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Ross from gig Harbors soon to be Oa Claire. Sure, oh no, actually, Alex and Bendigo. First, of all the things that confuse me about America, and there's a lot, even more so recently, it's that grape seems to be one of your standard flavors or soda, jelly, candy, whatever. It doesn't seem like something you could explain to me. Why is this the case? So what's something about another country that puzzles you?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 6: No, I mean, it's the least of our problems, Like you don't understand, like, look, candy is rape?
Speaker 4: You got strawberry, you got green apple.
Speaker 6: It's just like all the different fruits translate very well to candy tastes, and grape is a fruit.
Speaker 3: But to be clear, grape flavor tastes nothing like any grape flavor.
Speaker 5: I guess that's what they're getting at, is that, you know, it's like our blue raspberry flavor.
Speaker 3: Right, they said grape jelly, That jelly is like shoot grapes. No it's not, but it is.
Speaker 2: Made of shoot grapes. Yes, it doesn't taste like grape, does not taste like but like wine doesn't taste like like grape either. So it's like, I think you can make more of here.
Speaker 3: But no, but I but I do think there's a tangible difference also with like banana flavored candy, right, Like banana flavor is different than grape flavor and how it's implemented in I agree with that.
Speaker 6: Can isn't the thing though, that like banana flavoring and candy is actually close to what bananas.
Speaker 3: Used to be.
Speaker 6: Like I think I heard interesting like banana shoot bananas used to taste like currant candy.
Speaker 4: Bananas. Man, Yeah, I like them both.
Speaker 1: God, I just imagine anytime dances.
Speaker 3: Shoot banana. I just imagine him pointing like bananas at me, like they're.
Speaker 5: Guns, banana guns, fire Insnai green.
Speaker 3: Apple the flavor, yeah nay, because green apple doesn't taste like apples somehow still disgusting.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, maybe there was a Maybe there's a loophole. I don't know, Mikey. What did we roll up to a bar and we're all getting apple teenies with the bitches.
Speaker 2: Don't you want to be one of the bitches?
Speaker 5: Girl?
Speaker 3: Gotch girl, girl, I tink a scotch. I love green, I love the candy flavor, green apple.
Speaker 5: I think in terms of color flavors. Give me purple number one and then yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 3: Grape flavor is more just purple flavor.
Speaker 2: Have we done thiswear?
Speaker 3: Like I said a color and you guys told me what what flavor you associate with?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yellow or lemon, even though I like lemon way more. But banana comes from lemons? Okay, Red, strawberry, strawberry, I think a pink for strawberry because starboard style is I agree with cherry green a lot of the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, so yeah, then green watermelon cherry, oh yeah, green green.
Speaker 5: Greenest lime, hopefully, And it was bullshit when they changed the lime skittles for the apple one.
Speaker 4: No, it's way better.
Speaker 3: Green green warheads were watermelon, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes there are watermelon.
Speaker 4: I like it when Candy would do the green and red for watermelon, would do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the last one. I think it's the hardest. Blue blue raspberry, blue raspberry, yeah, man or blueberry or power Aide?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, sure what the blue powerade is these standard? I guess like mcdonald'saded. My dorm had it like that, Disney has it.
Speaker 2: I think they were just trying to have their color the way like Gatorade is that like greenish yellow? Or yeah?
Speaker 3: The orange? Right?
Speaker 4: Oh, I think a glacier freeze for Gatorade.
Speaker 2: Sure, but that's not what in the commercials.
Speaker 3: No Gatorade owns the color orange.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've ever bought an orange Gatorade, but that's like gallons and gallons.
Speaker 5: Of everything, like, yeah, I think og like the Florida Gators Gatorade was that yellowish color, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: All right, gang. This now comes from Ross from gig Harbor soon to be over. Hey, bomb Marino's I'm moving from Washington State to Wisconsin in a couple of weeks for work, and the fact that I've been priced out of my hometown. Super nervous about it. No friends or family out there. I'm really glad. I'll have you all to listen to as a form of stability. I've been listening since twenty fourteen. Wow, ten years. It's flown by thanks.
Speaker 3: By eleven but who's counting? Okay, it's all right, back, don't correct expressing gratitude.
Speaker 1: If you had to move to a different state, where would you move and why? Also, my wife's sold my PS four two wi's in my three sixty Skyrim Smash Brothers Brawl, Titan Fall one, Controllers and the works at our garage sale while I was at work.
Speaker 3: Can you guess how much.
Speaker 4: I can because it's here?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know, but it's all those things one price, No, that's particularly expensive, maybe of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say something like that. Yeah, that's seventy dollars.
Speaker 4: I mean, sure, that's low, but like, also, none of those are seru valuable right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's why he's moving. Also, four behind his back?
Speaker 1: Is that the implication that's weird? Yes, said while he was at work, Like my mom sold all my Happy Meal toys. Yeah, two Whee's should go for a hundred two wee's.
Speaker 6: I think Wheeze are real cheese. The PEP four would go for more than the we The three sixers are pretty cheap. But like Skyrim Smash Brawl, I mean as far as Smash Brothers controllers controllers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's more than seventy seventy, but it's not great.
Speaker 2: It's like a grand you know, no, it wasn't so a GameCube ship. PS four alone is like seventy Like honestly, it might be much more than.
Speaker 4: That, not much, maybe a pro but base PS four I'm going to guess one hundred maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think like one hundred and fifty. I think I think.
Speaker 5: Wisconsin's a great state. Yeah, in Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: The question is what was the question.
Speaker 4: We're going to move to another state.
Speaker 5: And you know, I hear that Florida siren call sometimes, but there's things about rate uh no is one. Yeah, yeah, heat is one of them.
Speaker 3: Even in May it was a bit much how hot it was there things in Florida.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Florida would maybe be my fiftieth state.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I mean, and that includes like, you know, Alaska, Yeah, Florida, I think, Yeah, there's good fishing in Alaska. Boy, yeah, so far to go any where if you live in Alaska though, that's the thing, right, Yeah, but I'm non Florida, Like, yeah, that's that's it. I understand that Mulani has a really good bit about why Florida is the punchline.
Speaker 5: Milanie is also the punchline a little other things.
Speaker 1: By the way, his new show is incredible, That Netflix show I have been fun shot.
Speaker 4: It's like the energy of like Old Conan and the Letterman. It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would. I mean I have liked.
Speaker 5: Visiting Dan quite a lot in Minnesota. I think I would be completely happy there, for sure.
Speaker 3: I would go to Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah we would. We would move back to Denver if we could afford it, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, southern California.
Speaker 2: That's not a different state.
Speaker 3: It feels like one, oh Main I would. I would live in Maine.
Speaker 6: I'd consider Wisconsin. I mean it's like ten minutes for me right now, and the Twin Cities, and yeah.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 5: I would definitely mostly just want to keep staying in Ohio.
Speaker 3: Till I die.
Speaker 5: I think I like Ohio quite a lot.
Speaker 1: I would think about Hawaii, but that would make the time difference between me and y'all terribly.
Speaker 5: I saw that Stitch Live actually make talking about Hawaii.
Speaker 3: I thought it was fine. It's yeah, fine, is right, a generous be honest. If Disney wasn't in Florida, you'd have no they have no place?
Speaker 5: Would the universal be there?
Speaker 2: Still?
Speaker 3: No being close to the okay cool?
Speaker 2: Okay the time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fine because even when you're there, you're not really in Florida, I know.
Speaker 5: Exactly right right, Like I would live like right by there at having just the we.
Speaker 3: It's just the same we for them.
Speaker 5: Can hear another?
Speaker 2: Can people still move into Triumph Florida? When is this celebration celebration Disney's town?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they have like an even fancy or one like actually in Disney World that's very expensive.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Celebration is still a thing.
Speaker 3: My wife's boss has a.
Speaker 2: Place in celebration.
Speaker 1: So you know what, I did really really really like Philadelphia when Dan and I were That was a great time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I like that a lot.
Speaker 2: We can all agree. No New Jersey though, right, come on.
Speaker 3: Cool Road. Jersey.
Speaker 5: Pennsylvania is another one where you do it to specify West pennsylvani or East Pennsylvania. It's a very I think you have there you go, I was spending most of my days.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, no one, well, because Philadelphia is essentially like southwest New Jersey, right in a weird.
Speaker 5: Wah some bet ball outside of all right, I get it.
Speaker 3: Next next email, you forget about me, I will. Next thing comes from Cooper and San Jose. Hey, folks.
Speaker 1: After hearing last week's episode where you're y'all talked about memes in brain rot, I figured I would never have a better time than now to send this email. I work as a high school English teacher, and for their final projects, I had my ap kids create presentations on any subject of their choosing. One of my groups chose Italian brain rots.
Speaker 3: My god, thing, you weren't just making a joke earlier. It's real. I told you did. Came home and he's like, Dad, sit down, all right. And another chose teaching mister Cooper about the Internet. After hearing mister Cooper, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: After hearing their presentations and learning about tra Trililero, trala la a three legged shark with blue shoes. Bombardino crocodilio in Air Force bomber with a crocodile head. Note Dan, maybe this is a new antagonist for another Air Force gater book.
Speaker 4: I will see it.
Speaker 3: Child and Ballerina cappuccina a ballerina.
Speaker 2: That's Italian.
Speaker 3: Brain Rod, Yes, it's insane.
Speaker 5: Fucking ballerina cappuccina to me a hundred times today for the last week.
Speaker 2: Where did they learn this?
Speaker 3: It's school, It's it's just this. Mike's right, it's the streets. I literally about the google is ballerina capucina Italian? Yes? That is like on the encyclopedia entry.
Speaker 1: That's what you get, Okaypina a ballerino with a cappuccino for a head.
Speaker 3: I realized that it's effectively a.
Speaker 9: New wave of Dadaism artass, a counterculture art style around the nineteen twenties that utilized nonsensical noises and sounds, vibrant colors, louse shapes, random objects, and was essentially your great grandparents's brain rot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, TomTom, is that something I don't know that I've not heard of? Okay, because I think he's the other guy that hangs out with Ballerina Cappuccina.
Speaker 5: It's for sure.
Speaker 3: Essentially.
Speaker 1: When I told the kids about this, they were bored out of their minds and visibly upset. I wasn't disgusted and repulsed by their nonsense, Tina. Teenagers hate nothing more than adults accepting, even using their culture, and me, yes.
Speaker 5: Oh they yeah, Pokemon episodes in the South.
Speaker 4: That's what my dad does it every holiday thing is He asked me, like, what are kids saying now?
Speaker 3: When else?
Speaker 6: I'm like, just say skibbity and they'll say that around my nieces and they will hate it.
Speaker 5: So fucking yes, that's good.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, Thank you Cooper in San Jose for that informational dump there about Ballerina Cappuccina. I think Dan may have a legal case against Lambardino Crocodilio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 5: Tum Tun Tune Suher is an anthropomorphic wooden object resembling an Indian club and beddug drum and holding a baseball bat. Yep, that's him. Sounds problematic, Yes, that's.
Speaker 2: My kids have also been bringing up tung tung tongue to be a bunch and I'm like, okay, they like the Internet or like I think YouTube just sort of like find does it for them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's It's that is weird where like you would think there would be such diversity in slang, but somehow there's enough of like a a sort of overhead of connective tissue where everyone is on the same page about something with very little overlap.
Speaker 2: It's it happened even like an our day right where it's like a lot of these things would have spread from school to school across country, and You're like, how did that work without the like you know, we had the early Internet. Maybe sure, but that's what it wasn't through that it was. It was just through like Rex sports it would.
Speaker 4: Started doing, not because of like Wayne's world, Like that's basically.
Speaker 5: Yeah from Aladdin said that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's where it came from.
Speaker 5: I sort wants to know, is like.
Speaker 3: A bull spaghetti or something count as Italian brain rot? No it does. No, I mean we're too old to contribute to the brain rot. Yeah, we can just be observers, like.
Speaker 5: Tasteful observers like the man on Mars.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, BombCast Bombcasts a giant bomb dot com is the email ad. Just send all of your emails too. I love and appreciate all of them, and I do read all of them. He didn't make it into the show. Sorry, well, we'll maybe catch you next week.
Speaker 3: But that's not it.
Speaker 1: Mike Manati read some goddamn super chats. We're adding this to the email segment depending it here go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah that boy. Jerry says, where's our new gamer rep? Yeah, look, things got a little busy over here. Uh tg I f I Brimalgia says, pronounced my name. Like, secondly, would you rather play the first tarrok or Doom sixty four? I played both of those Nike Dive remasters and they're both good. But Doom sixty four is like noticeably a better video like a base better video game than Tarok one is.
Speaker 2: It's a TGI fibromyalgia.
Speaker 5: That's really Yeah, that's right, my bad shit.
Speaker 2: We do this every time they super chat.
Speaker 5: Hired Sword says, my niece and nephew call me Uncle Bobo. It basically means dummy and Portuguese, but my sister started it and it stuck. That's cute.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, same thing in tagalog. Yeah, T money O G says, I like Mike Manatti. He is cool and he does not shoot dogs like his grandpa Peanuts.
Speaker 5: That's correct. I have never shot a dog.
Speaker 3: Successfully.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is a terrible aim.
Speaker 5: Uh Rhea says, well, if I was a coner of giant bomb and a dog killing, family wanted to nickname me bitch worry, Jason always says, don't need to read this, just supporting the boys. Well, you can't tell me what to do, Jason, can you? Pe Buck says, thoughts on Hangman's body, Oh my gosh, what his body? Specifically?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 4: It probably hurts?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wait, what are we talking about? Killer?
Speaker 5: We ask me if he's like hot or if he's banged up?
Speaker 4: I would imagine it hurts.
Speaker 3: He here's a kid, so you know people find him hot or at least a person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, screaming men and says what will Dan get the crew to watch Love on a Leash? And in return, can Mike make the crew watch we wish you a Turtles Christmas in December? We wish you a Turtles Christmas is one delightful and like seventeen minutes long, So.
Speaker 6: I will Love on a Leash is worse than nubes and so I am thinking about changing the nubeshole for this year.
Speaker 4: It might play both, might play both in there.
Speaker 3: At the same time.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can't adjust the volumes. They're the same leg they're both.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Dan, if you can figure it out, you should have them like panned in opposite channels as well.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, like ubes you're seeing on your left but hearing on your right. And then love on a leash.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you might need to fly out for extra life.
Speaker 3: I might as well.
Speaker 5: Thank you everybody for sending super chests. Was our first week with them on. I appreciate it. Uh but yeah, it's another way for people to support us. So thank you very much.
Speaker 3: We love and appreciate all of you. What are we got going on for the rest of the week?
Speaker 2: Boys Game Mornings? Yeah yeah, Tomorrow, Thursday, Friday. We're gonna have a Chris Plant on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, he's got a new.
Speaker 2: Podcasts he's he's launching. Actually, the first episode episode is out. We'll talk about that on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: I get to do Blake Cut tomorrow and I like, I'm like last time. I'm desperate to get back in there because I realized well after the fact that when I beat a level, I didn't save, so I need to go back and play that stupid Atlantis level again. And that's been.
Speaker 3: Driving me crazy. Yeah, I didn't hear about that happening.
Speaker 6: It's more complicated than that, isn't it, Because didn't you He should be able to just go back and beat that level. Okay, so the timeline he's on, all the stuff he beat after that is still good.
Speaker 5: He just needs to beat that initial level. Castle two is fine. That's still beaten, which was the easier level to be fair. But okay, got to go back to uh square pants Atlantis or whatever that he remember sponge about square pantas Atlantis. That's they made video games based off that special.
Speaker 3: I believe that that's a very funny phrase. I liked it a lot. Sure.
Speaker 1: Voicemail dump Truck on Thursday, as well as an unprofessional Friday's This Friday, A bunch of quick looks have gone up in the last week. I suggest you go check those out. We'll also have a despolot one dropping either later today or tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Grub that was a bigger S file.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna fix that up. Yeah, I don't know what happened there. It was way too big, forty five gigabytes or some shit.
Speaker 1: All good is uh, we we got anything else, we gotta we got a touch base over No, just planning fucking next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll be traveling next week at some point. Uh So things will get hectic from that point out. But you know, you'll have SGF GB at night to look forward to, and we'll have plenty of other things as well. We'll get together, we'll make some things.
Speaker 5: Yes, some people have been asking about when I'm gonna start playing Missed. It won't be at have they no.
Speaker 3: Pre colamoring, Like I thing, I'm just busting the.
Speaker 5: Uh not to AFTERGF and like there's like like we've come home on a Monday or like the Mondays. The next days are probably not that day. So like Monday, the sixteenth of June is looking like a possibility for when which Missed starts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna hang out with with you when you play that.
Speaker 1: Oh God time draft. I'm worried, boys, but it'll be fun. We'll we're gonna have a great time at Summer Game Fest. Lots of fun Shenanigans inbound. Until then, we'll we'll see you next week. Great, yes, y yeah, okay maybe yeah, all right, well, we'll see you next week for another episode of the Giant Bomb Cast.
Speaker 3: He's been Mike, he's been Jeff, he's been Jeff, he's been daying. I've been jaanning you at home. I've been doing great lately. The new skincare routine. I can see it. It's doing wonders. Your skin is glowing. We'll see you next week, good boy,