Speaker 1: Welcome Just Handwy Tagalog Sermon podcast, your daily dose of inspiring, heartfelt tagalog.
Speaker 2: Sermons from different pastors and speakers all over the Philippines.
Speaker 1: We hope that this podcast finds you in good ship.
Speaker 2: And now here's your message.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Anybody have to swim here today, lots and lots of rain. Hey, if you are a first time visitor and did not get a gift back when you came in, please stop by the information desk on your way out and make sure that you get a gift back from us.
Speaker 1: We have some stuff, some things in.
Speaker 3: There for you that we'd like you to look at and explain a little bit about us in the ministry here. Also, if you made it in here and you did not get a bulletin, if you would raise your hand, we have someone that'll make their way to you and get a bulletin in your hand. Those are important. You have information of upcoming events on the front and on the back you have notes that go along with the correspond with the message today, so you can take notes and then take that home with you and study it during the week. We're gonna have in just a little bit, we're gonna have some water baptism. But I really want to go over real quickly some more about the Wild Game Bank. It's this coming Saturday. If you haven't signed up, their sign up sheets out there, figure out where you want to connect to be a part of what we're doing. It's a it's a great outreach we do each year and there it impacts eternity and changes lives. So take a look at those lists, figure out how you can get connected to participating that and you get a part of that harvest. Also, I have been instructed to ask a request that if you could or you have the ability to let us borrow a crock pot or a roaster, if you could please bring those during the week this week to the office. We'll get them down in the kitchen. Please make sure your name is on all components. Initials and name or something on all the components, because sometimes we wind up with lids.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we wind up with crop pots.
Speaker 3: With no lids. And you know, it's just this way everybody gets their property back. Okay, amen, Okay, Now I want to show you we're gonna hand out This is a This is a packet for someone that receives the Lord at the Wild Game Banquet. Now we need men and young men and teenagers who are going to be there to participate and help us draw the net in and hold the harvest.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 3: So if you if you're gonna be there and you'd be willing to take a packet or two and connect and and pray with somebody, if you'd raise your hand, let's let me see if who we've got here this is willing to do that. Hey, Jeff, that's good. You raised that shoulder up.
Speaker 1: Huh or is it the other wrong one?
Speaker 3: Come on now let me see you huh yeah, okay, but what what what's in the packet? There's an ink pen in here, a Gospel of John is in here, uh some some uh some, uh, my pen's gone anyway. And then there's a sheet that's folded up like this. This is important. You need to fill that out, get the information after you've prayed with him, fill this out and bring it to either myself, our brother Mark, our brother Chris, our brother Chance.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 3: So if we can do that, we will. We're really trying to be conscientious about this. It's important that we that we can serve the harvest. You know, we want it's right, We want to be a good steward of what God has given us and and not let it go to waste. So if you can get connect with us in that. This next Saturday, we're gonna have a good time. Lots of good food. My buddy from Louisiana's coming. We have more jambalaya this year. Uh, We're gonna have all kinds of good food. Eland and valigator like normal that what is ealan is a large member of the antelope family. They're just bigger than most antelopes. They're from Africa. Wow, and they're quite tasty. Okay, So that's our Q. We're gonna go straight over to Broadmore.
Speaker 1: All right, Come on, kids, you want to come around and watch, come up close. I need a couple of people to help have. I call them hushers. So the children aren't talking, but I love the children. Families, Come on close, parents, grandparents, anybody take pictures. This is an exciting time, you know. I love it when someone follows the Lord in water baptism and it's saying that Jesus is Lord of my life. I've asked him to save me, and now I'm going to serve him all the days of my life. And I'm making it a public demonstration to everyone that sees that I am a Christian. I'm I'm taking that old nature and putting it underwater, coming up clean. So Pastor Greg, what do we have? Are you ready for this? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, something bout that stroke. Man, I'm throw your hands up.
Speaker 1: But nice kidding, all right? So, uh we've got Kylie. Hey, Isaac, come on down. Kylie. It's not bad, is it.
Speaker 4: She's afraid it's gonna be cold, like you know, ice water and stuff. It's like no, no, no, Normally it's like hot tubs, you know.
Speaker 1: But we're good.
Speaker 4: It's nice. It's this is Kylie. Kylie, do you have anything you want to say? Nothing at all, Just just know no, I'm afraid you would do a canniball. I'm watching you, buddy.
Speaker 1: Okay. So Kylie has uh.
Speaker 4: Kylie's been with us about a year now. She's gotten involved in JBQ and just just learning God's word and hide it in her heart. She's made a decision for the Lord and she's like, I'm ready for this baptism thing. So we had a class down there today and talked about what that means, and she says, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to do this. So you sure you don't want to say anything?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, here we go, Cally, we baptize you now in the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, buried in the likeness of his death, raised in the likeness of his resurrection.
Speaker 1: Yay, good deal, that is awesome. Okay, watch your step. Here we go. You might have to pick her up. Look at that smile, hold her up. Let people see that smile. Hold her up. Look at that smile. That's contagious. Uh, this is McKinley.
Speaker 4: McKinley, do you have anything you want to say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. God is good.
Speaker 4: She knows that and his experience that will continue to experience that. Sometimes you might go through a hiccup or whatever, but that doesn't change God's goodness.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 4: All right, So kylie Er McKinley's with us in in JBQ as well.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: She has listened to her brother memorized and so she's she's got this thing down.
Speaker 1: Pat.
Speaker 4: If you want to see a really cool meet, come up to Lexington next time we do this and you'll see just some incredible stuff with the with the Junior Bible quiz.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: So God is good and McKinley is ready to do this. You are right, McKinley baptized you now the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, buried in the likeness of his death, raised in the likeness of his resurrection.
Speaker 1: Yay. How awesome is that? And she knows what she's doing, fully aware.
Speaker 5: Hey, what y'all think about this?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Come on, I said, so what do you think about this? That's right, this is Christina. I want you all to give her a big handclap.
Speaker 1: Come on now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was talking with Christina and I said, Christina, I said, I said, what's going on? She says, well, you know I got saved at this church a couple of years ago. I know I need to be here. I love God and I need to do this. I mean, she was intense. She was not playing around. So I want everybody to stretch your hands out toward Christina because God's got great things in store for her. It's a big step that she's taken here today. Father, I thank you for Christina. Father, I thank you that everything is about to change in her life. Father, I thank you that people are gonna Christina. People are gonna come up to you and they're gonna say what, what's going on? What's different with you? It's gonna give you an opportunity to tell people about Jesus and tell them what good things he's done and is currently doing in your life. Father, we thank you for Christina. We thank you for her being an example to her family and to everybody that she comes in contact with. In Jesus's name, and everybody says, she's excited and ready to do this. Risaun this way. There, I baptize you now the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, and the powerful name of Jesus.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's rejoice. Yay. All right? All right, kids, y'all did awesome. You can go back to mom's and dads and grandparents. She can go on back. And where did brother Don go? He took off? All right, honey, I'm gonna hand you this so you can go financial.
Speaker 5: I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, good deal, hot dog. I just want you to know little McKinley that was there. She can take a nation. I'm telling you, I'm not joking. I really want to Donna.
Speaker 1: Dad.
Speaker 6: I want us to see her be able to have in the spirit realm. There's something God's given her.
Speaker 1: That's hers.
Speaker 6: We watch your kids, we train your children, and McKinley has fire in her bones. And I'm just telling you she has fire in a bone. She has a calling of God on her life. That doesn't mean she has to be a pastor's wife. It just means she has to follow hard after God. Okay, but McKinley can take a nation, and so we need to steward that. And when I mean a nation, it doesn't mean she has to go overseas. It means God's given her a responsibility for area of her life where she takes on and presents the Kingdom of God in that area. And so both she and her brother. Her brother has a very sweet sensitive I mean, he's strong and you know, and has fire. But I personally have taught McKinley. So when I saw her coming out of that waterless, so I will be good, Mark just said I could be bad. Did y'all hear that?
Speaker 1: He said, no way?
Speaker 6: So that gives me license for something I don't know, but I'm gonna exploit that at some point this week. Hot Dog. That was an early Valentine gift. I want to thank you women for coming to our encounter soaking time. We are going to be doing that once a month, this second Friday every month is what is a soaking time? Why is it the word soaking? I discovered that I hear God when I unplug from everything and I purposely focus on getting into His presence. And what makes it fun is I have other friends that like God too. That's nice, you know what I'm saying. And so what we do is we just take some time as friends and you don't have to know me personally to come. You just come and we put on some music. We are introduced seeing a different artist every month so that you know what's available out there. And what we do is we just all get comfortable. The rule is you can't talk to one another. That it doesn't work if you're talking to one another, and that's that's some for some of us, that's a sacrifice. But we just get quiet and we listen and God births things in your spirit. My hearts cry for us this year is learning as women to be a voice, not an echo. God gives you a word and you don't have to mimic someone else's word. It's good. I'll mimic some you know someone God speaks to their heart. I will say maybe what they're saying because it really spoke to me. But I want my own word. And so this this time encourages you to hear God for yourself, to write it down and then if you would like to agree in prayer, we're there for that. If not, you just go on your way. But it's it's discipline on us, disciplining us to separate ourself and as friends get together in the presence of God and listen. So I challenge you. All hell will break out to keep you from coming, but I challenge you to come. It's just a wonderful time. Also, if you want to write this down, please tag you're it. I don't want anybody gripen at me. Wings of Refuge is coming. It's in the bulletin. Yes, Wings of Refuge is coming Thursday the twenty second. So if you are interested, I would encourage you to. Oh did I say Wednesday, Well, that's why you do the finances in our house, because I I think I need to go on Thursday the twenty second. And real quick, let me give you a scripture that we're going to pray. Someone walked in this building wanting to hear the voice of God this morning, wondering if what you brought to God's house is enough? And you need to hear this. This is Psalms twenty five, verse four. Lord, direct me throughout my journey so I can experience your plans for my life. Reveal the life paths that are pleasing to you, Escort me along the way, take me by the hand, and teach me, Oh God of my increasing salvation. I've wrapped my heart into yours. What you brought today is enough. Just settle that in your heart and just do this to God. Don't think that you've got to be so clean that no one don't just say I'm yours, Bob Bobo's warts and all, I'm yours this morning, So put your hand over your heart. God said, in your weakness, He's made strong. Sometimes we want to show off and say how strong we are in the spirit, and that's not how the Kingdom of God works. We have to humble ourself and just be broken in a good way for Him so that He can shine out through us. Father, this morning, I just lift up my family before you, and for everybody that's fighting sickness in their home, I just apply the blood of Jesus. Father, I just pray Father, for people that aren't here today because of illness. I ask for a healing touch in their body. In Jesus' name, Father, I thank you for financial breakthrough for families today. I thank you Father for miracles this week.
Speaker 1: Father.
Speaker 6: Father, I'm asking in Jesus' name that your hand would be mighty and strong Father upon this body here today. Father, I asked that you would establish the work of our hands as we look to you, Father to teach us how to walk. Father, you are a mighty God. We love you with all our hearts, and we thank you in Jesus's mighty name. Amen.
Speaker 1: Amen, Come on, let's give the Lord a handclap again. Yeah, we're going to allow the children to wow, children to go to c in the back and am I doing something wrong or whatever? And if I can have my friends in the back, put the lights on over me, that'll help tremendously. Yeah, I'll be of actually see glory rest of us. Take your bible, hold it up. Let's declare who we are. Am I you ready? This is my Bible. It is the standard I live my life by. I am a spiritfuled believer. Sustained by my personal relationship with the Lord, empowered by my commitment to community and express throughout reach to others. Therefore I can't say and all right, hey, take your bulletin and flip it over. We began the year talking about the blessed life and did a series really all through January dealing with finances. Having done that in quite some time, we're to keep this theme the blessed life really kind of through the year. But we're transitioning now to freedom. How many know God wants you free, no bondage in your life. So last week we had Chad's Hope and you got to literally watch men sing and worship and share testimony of how God has set them free from bondage in the processes setting them free from bondage, and I hope it was a real encouragement to you, especially if anyf you are dealing with an area or you have a loved one dealing with that. There was a lot of ministry at the end, very very good time of ministry to people. So it's a very very real thing. But today we're transitioning this looking at freedom. So turn your bulletin over, because let me tell you what we're going to talk about today. We're gonna be talking about demons today. Okay. It's a real thing. Are you with me? Okay? And let me tell you something. It's very important for you to be here. Satan does not want you to hear the series because I'm going to take scripture. I'm spending a lot of time to bring this alife to you, Okay, because often believers can be in bondage and people get all caught up in well, are they possessed or this? I'm gonna help talk about that today. But if you are in bondage, you need to be free period. And demons can influence you to stay in an area of bondage or a loved one. So I really want you to pay attention. I want you to take these scriptures and go home and study it. Don't take my word, I want you to take God's word. So as I share, listen and let's be open to what God wants to do. Amen. See, when the thief is caught, he loses and he has to restore sevenfold. Now, somebody ought to get excited about that. That's in Proverbs chapter six. And many believers are not free indeed, because they do not believe they can be in bondage. And when Jesus makes this statement, there's a theme verse we're going to use through this whole teaching for about five weeks, and then we're going to transition into Easter time. Can you believe it'll be right around the corner, But take several weeks and just deal with the resurrection Easter. I want everybody have a real understanding. So you bring the lost on East Sunday. But John A thirty six, Therefore, if the sun makes you free, or if you allow the Son to make you free, you shall be free indeed, And everyone says amen, And he's talking. Jesus is talking to Jews here verse thirty one, who believed in him. He's talking to believers. He's not saying that to the lost. So is it possible for a believer to be in bondage? We're going to answer that you've already answered. Can a Christian personally deal with a demon or have one steal somehow possessed sing an area of their life. We're going to look at that today. So I think it's all ears today because I think all of us have dealt with this in some fashion of farm the main areas of scripture we're going to be in or Mark. So we ahead and turned to Mark, and then towards the end we'll look a little bit in Luke. There's going to be a bunch of other scriptures come up, and the main things we're going to look at today or Mark and Luke. So here we go Mark chapter five, verse one and two, when they talking about Jesus and his disciples came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gallerines. And when he had come out of the boat, immediately there met him out of the tombs, a man with an unclean spirit. This is one of the ways the Bibles referred to a demon. Other gospels say he was naked, he was wild verse three. This man possessed by the enemy, with an unco spirit, who had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one could bind him, not even with chains, because he had often been bound with shackles and chains, and the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces. Neither could anyone tame him. And always night and day he was in the mountains and the tombs, crying out. He was wanting help, he was wanting help and cutting himself with stones verse six. But when he saw Jesus from Afar, he ran and what worshiped him proskinneo in the Greek, and it means he bowed down, He truly worshiped God. Verse seven. And he out cried out with a loud voice and said, what have I to do with you? Jesus? Now let me shift this here a little bit. This isn't the man now yelling this out, and you'll see why in a moment. This is actually the demon's spirit talking through the man, and you'll see why. Okay, what I have to do with you, Jesus, Son of the Most High God, I implore you by God that you do not torment me. That would be not the It wouldn't be the man, because Jesus didn't come to torment people. Okay, he came to help people. So that's the demon speaking through this man verse eight. For he Jesus had already said this, and that's why verse seven was said, For Jesus had said, come out of the man, unclean spirit. So really that could have even been before verse seven. So Jesus already said this, and the man replies or excuse me, the spirit within the man, what do I have to do with you? Please don't torment me. Verse nine. Then he asked him, Jesus asked him, what is your name? Now, Jesus is not talking to the man. He's wanting to know what is he dealing with? What type of demon or spirit is he dealing with? And this is how the demon answered. He said, my name is Legion, for we are many. Now, legion is a Roman word, a military word, and it means anywhere from six thousand to six thousand, eight hundred and twenty six. Wow, you could say this guy was demonized, and everyone says, and there were many, There were a lot within this man. Verse ten. Also, so I want you to see, let read this thing, bigger, broader, kind of wrap your heart and mind around his OsO. He begged him earnestly that he would not send them out of the country. That tells me demonic spirits like to stay where they already have a stronghold in a family. That's why you draw the line from things that passed in your family. Whatever the bond that she has been and said, ah ah, no, you're out. We've had to do that. Don't mean your family's awful and bad. It's just there were different bondages that came through through demonic strongholds. Everyone deals with it, so don't backt well, my family's perfect, No they're not. Nobody's from a perfect family. This is earth. So you need to be aware of the things so that you can say, no, we're cutting this, so that from here on my responsibility with children or grandchildren or whatever. We're going forward without this. We do not want that demonic stronghold to stay because they didn't want to leave. Now, large herd of swine was feeding there near the mountains, so all the demons begged him, begged Jesus, saying, send us into the swine, that we may enter them. And at once Jesus gave them permission. I love that Jesus has all authority, doesn't he. Then the unclean spirits went out and entered the swine. There were about two thousands, so that shows you there were a lot of demons. If it captivated two thousand swine, and the herd ran violently down the steep place into the sea and drowned in the sea. So those who fed the swine fled, and they told it in the city and in the country, and they went out to see what it was that had happened Verse fifteen. Then they came to Jesus and saw the one who had been demonized and had the legion sitting nice clothed in his right mind, and they were afraid. Now you would think maybe they would be happy, especially for this guy. Maybe if they were thinking about some of their family or issues, like, wow, if Jesus did this for him, he could help my family. Let me tell you what. When God starts doing something, if you're not close to the Lord, it frightens you. Yep. Come, when supernatural things start happening, it can frighten the religious spirit. But those that are hungry for God, they're like, Wow, Okay, God did it for them. He's going to do something for me. He's going to do something for my family. So be excited when God does something, even when you don't understand it. No, for sure, he's in control and he's moving. Are you with me? Verse sixteen. And those who saw it told them how it happened to him who have been demon possessed, and about the swine. Then it began to plead with him, get out of here, Jesus I'm paraphrasing it there. Okay, you would have thought they would want him to stay and teach, and what happened and how did you do that? And what do we do if we come across this again? Nope, they didn't want any of that. Verse eighteen. And when he Jesus got into the boat, he who had been deemon possessed, begged him that they might be with him in that great when I look, when Jesus does something for you, I'm talking about when he does something for you and you humble yourself and pride is gone. You just want to be with Jesus. You want to worship him. It's not an effort to worship him. It's like how often can I? And that's what he's wanting to do. Now, look at this very important I want you to see something. However, Jesus did not permit him, but he said to him, go home to your friends. Now wait a minute. He was by himself in the tombs. They couldn't handle him. And all this What this tells me, at one time this guy was halfway normal because he had had friends or family, our people. Jesus knew that. Everybody following my story go to them and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and now he has had compassion on you. So he departed and began to proclaim in the capitalists all that Jesus had done for him in all marvel. Now let me help you with that. The capitalist is not a city. It was actually ten cities, ten cities. Decca means ten, Poulus means metropolitan or metroplex. Gadera was one of those ten cities. Damascus was one of those ten cities. Remember Saul who became Paul, was on his way to Damascus to persecute Christians. Philadelphia, not the one in Pennsylvania, but Philadelphia was one of those ten cities. It was actually, get this a Greek city. That is probably why they were raising swine, because Jews had nothing to do with swine, so their culture had brought that in. So they're around a lot of Greek people. I'm just trying to help you understand some culture and see some things here. So the Greeks had come in and flew in society and culture. Fantastic story. So this guy goes out immediately representing Christ and affects ten cities with his story. Now here's my question, what's your story or just a center? Say you by grace, come on, get over that. What is your story? So that's a religious thing you hear all over the place and understand. But where was the bondage? Where was the confusion? Where was the sin? Where was the thing where you were going under? And Jesus came and set you free? Bring hope to people, Yes, bring hope with your story because people want to hear your story. Amen. So there's a couple of things here, Three things in particular I want you to get today as we begin this and we'll be on it for several weeks. Tell people love ones that need to hear this. Number One, there really are demons, okay, because Jesus set this man free. Demon. I'm using the New King James Bible for this series. But in the New King James, demons are mentioned eighty two times sixty one times alone in the Gospel Jesus directly dealing with demons or talking about demons. I think hear this statement very important. One reason so much he's talking about it and dealing with it in the gospels is because no one had had the authority before until he got there, right Jesus has all authority. Jesus with authority, I meant, immediately begin to confront demonic strongholds in bondages. Demons come from fallen angels. One third of the angels fell with Lucifer in their rebellion. Pride, arrogance, high mindedness, all those things, by the way, can introduce a demonic stronghold in your life. And he introduce the demonic stronghold in angels. A third fell. But what I'm excited about. For every one third that fail, I've got two that are on my side. So we got him out numbered. Amen, And Jesus has all authority over them. When God does decide, nobody knows when to throw Satan in the pit. It will happen one day. He doesn't even do it himself. He only sends one angel to do it. Okay, he sends one to bind Satan and throw him to the bottomless pit. One day, Jesus will say, that's it, go get him, hello, throw him into the pit. And Gabriel might say, who who do you want? I'm just picturing Jesus looking around. Send that new guy over there. Come on, you see, I'm trying to show you there's nothing. You need to be afraid of nothing. In fact, if you could literally see the devil and who he really is, you'd say, what was I afraid of? What was I afraid of?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: We'd see God. You'd fall on your face in holy terror of worship. Not afraid, but just of his awesomeness, the holiness, the purity. That's the one we want to revere. Demons come from fallen angels. They are disembodied spirits. They are looking for a body. They are looking for open doors. We'll be looking at that talking about that next week. We're going to talk about closing doors and windows. They enter inhabit and inhabit bodies. They were in the body of this man, in his body. I don't see them being in his spirit. I see them being in the man because the man came and worship Jesus, so his spirit could override that he wanted to come and worship Jesus. And when Jesus cast him out, they wanted to go into to the swine because they wanted a body. So it backs up my theory that animals can't have a demon. I grew up on a farm and I can tell you some of the animals I dealt with. They had some demons, how many grew up on a farm and you know what I mean, I mean just a mean cow. Or we had a horse one time. I mean you could look at it and I and you knew something was wrong with that horse, a dog or whatever. Wow. But also let me say this, This might help you, because sometimes believers will allow a hypocrite to stand between them and God, which then I say, the hypocrite is closer to God than you or you hear me. How can they call themselves a believer and act like that or say that or do that and they call themselves a believer? Could there be demonic influence causing do you see what I'm saying? Have you considered praying for them instead of using that as an excuse to run from God? Just the thought everybody with me? I love you, I mean I want you so focused in understanding how to stay free and not be tricked by anything of the enemy. Okay, so there are demons, no doubt. Otherwise we have to cut out a lot of the Bible and most of what Jesus did. Here's a few scriptures if you just want to write down the reference they're not in your bulletin, but they're going to come up real quick. Matthew eight verse sixteen. When the evening had come, they brought to him Jesus many who were demon possessed, and he cast out the spirits with a word, cast them out, and healed all who were sick. Next one, Matthew nine, thirty two and thirty three. As they went out, Behold, they brought to him a man, mute and demon possessed. And when the demon was cast out, the mute spoke, and the multitudes marvels, saying it was never seen like this in Israel, and they're cool. Matthew seventeen eighteen. Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him, and the child was cured from that very earth. The devil wants children, folks, your children, your little ones. Help keep doors closed, deal with things, deal with things in their life. Mark three. Then he appointed twelve that they might be with him, and that he might send him out to preach and have power to heal sicknesses, and to what all right? Next one. So they went out and preached that people should repent, and they cast out many demons, and annointing with oil many who were sick and heal them well more. And these signs will follow those who believe, and my name, they will cast out demons. I speak with new tongues. Allelujah. I'm just reading scripture to you. All right, let me give you some quotes. This will help bring a balance. C. S. Lewis, author, awesome author who came to Christ as an adult. By the way, he said this, there are two groups of people that Satan absolutely loves to get excited over. Satan loves these two, the skeptic and the superstitious. The skeptic and the superstitious. Let me see it this way. There are people who think they see a demon behind every bush and tree. That's the superstitious. But there are people who say demons don't exist today, maybe just in Jesus time. That's a skeptic. And C. S Lewis says, Satan loves both of those types. Why because they're both in bondage. They're both dealing with deception. There could be people when I say, okay, I'm going to talk about demons, they could say, well, pastor, who's not talk about that? And then there are others that go, oh goodie, we're getting to the good stuff. All right, So here we are. If you're an neither one of camp, you're way over here or way over there. I want you to move to the middle. Everybody say, balance streaming important. We're not a skeptic, and we're not going to be superstitious. We're not going to be We're not going to try to put a demon on everyone or categorize all that that's superstitious, super spiritual. But we're not going to run from truth. When we are dealing with something, We're going to move right to the middle. Are you with me? Don't deny them, but we're not hunting them down every time we have any type of little issue. And Jesus came to set us free. In your notes, you can never get free unless you know you can be in bondage. You can't get free unless you know you could be or that you could enter into bondage. Jack Haper, he's an elderly man now minister out in California. Quoting from him, he says this, you can't cast out the flesh and you can't disciple a demon. I like that. In other words, there are people who would say, oh, it's just a flash. You need to overcome the flesh. You just need more discipline in your life. In the other camp, well, you've got a demon. And the reason you can't overcome the simplest of disciplines in your life is you need deliverance, and you need more deliverance. And you know deliverance. Deliverance. That's the answer to everything. And here's age old debate. Do we need discipleship our deliverance, here's the answer. Yes, everybody say, yes, you can't cast out the flesh. No, that gum, I know. And you can't disciple a demon. Everybody with me. I think it's maturity when a believer realizes they could be dealing with some type of bondage in their life, and I want to deal with it. We deal with that, that wings, they deal with that want. We want people free. I don't want anybody walking around ben over frowning, can't overcome. Could it be something demonic? Yes? Could it be They do need to learn discipline and how to overcome. Yes, could it be they need both. Yes, I'm not saying all that's the answer, but something is. Because God wants us free, Yes, he wants He want want you to be able to come in here, get up close to the front and worship, yes, just freely, freely. I remember from my dad it was like a deliverance from him. I meant, there was just this man thing in him, and he won't go lift his hands. He won't, won't. And I watched him suddenly, step by step after you got filled the host figure close to the front and begin lifting his hands. It was a freedom for him, got free from that stuff. Amen. See, if something is totally out of control, it should give you hope that God wants to set you free, set your loved one free. So don't get upset that I'm telling you that you or your loved one or someone who has a major problem in an area. I meant, because they you should be excited because Jesus came to take care of problems. He wants to take care of that problem. Just like when Andrew had his little sharing moment when he was talking about he said, Man, let's not get into God's presence just to reinforce what we want. But let's get in his presence so that his presence is so great it deals with all the areas. I'm paraphrasing it, but that's what he was saying. Man, don't make the issue, the issue, make the issue. Man. I got to press suit to get in his presence, because when you get in his presence, he takes care of issues. He will take care of this. So the only people who can't get set for you the people who won't admit they're in bondage number two. Everybody's still with me. Okay, they really do enter, people, they really do. Turn to John chapter ten. I want this to come alive. I want you to see it. Jesus is speaking, it's in the red. Let me break this verse down. Verse one. We're very familiar with verse ten, we use it all the time. But let's look at verse one for a moment. Mostly I say to you, this is Jesus speaking. He who does not enter the sheepfold. Wouldn't that be where the sheep are the believers, the body of Christ our terminology. He who does not enter the sheepfold by the door. Now who is the door? Jesus is the door. So if they try to enter the sheepfold, but they don't use the door, but climbs up some other way into what into the sheepfold, into your life, into the believer, the same is a thief and a robber. So the devil doesn't. He's not going to go through Jesus. But yet he wants to get into the sheepfold. He wants to get in our life Verse ten. And we just we ended the verse. Their thief and a robber, and that thief does not come except to steal, kill and destroy. But I've come that you might have life, and how does he want us to have it abundantly? So here's what I say about that verse. This thief can get in, and he's saying here, the thief wants to get in. When you've made a decision, I'm going to serve Christ. I'm gonna follow him. I'm going to be a witness. I'm going to be vocal. I'm not going to be a secret service believer. I'm willing to pray with anybody, lead someone to Christ. Whatever. The devil doesn't back up and go yay. He targets you. I said, he targets you. But Jesus says he can't get through me. I love it. He might try to get in some other way, and we're going to talk about those things. And he wants to get in your life, wants to get into the sheep's life. Verse ten in the Greek, it means he does not come accept He just has one purpose except to steal, kill and destroy. Now here we go. Can a believer be demon possessed? Everybody here, you're listening. Let's explain this word and go back to the original language, demon possessed. In the Greek, it's two words, damon i a zohmai. How about that. Aren't you excited? There's a word. Yeah, there it is in the Greek damon e i zohmai damon i demon zohmai to possess. To translate demon possessed is okay, But we need to teach people the true meaning of the word possessed. Still with me. There are two Greek words for possession are being possessed. One is ownership. That was the one we had looked at a little while ago, just with that guy. This is not the word for ownership. This word is to gain mastery over so for the believer, the devil wants to gain mastery over you, mastery over you. This word is used in Luke so turned. I want you to see this, I want you to underline it. I want you to get this today, Luke twenty one, verse nineteen. Jesus is speaking here, and this is deally with the end times the subject here. But he says, by your patients, possess your souls. By patients, possess your souls. Do you see that? Jesus would say, by your own souls, by your own effort, going forth, take control, have mastery of your soul, your emotions, your mind, go forward. But he also if you don't lose your life in me, you can't gain it. Bob says, you're bought with the price. You don't belong to you. This chapter in Luke again is about the times, and Jesus is not saying you need to own your soul or be possessed, but you need to gain master be a master over your soul. Mastery over your soul is everybody here? Are you getting it? If not? Soak that in? Get that? So can a believer be owned owned by a demon? I'm talking about a believer, Well, they're owned by God. And everyone says the can a believer be under the control or the mastery of a demon? Yes, you say, well that's semantics. Well it could be, but it's a big thing because a lot of people, if you've got a demon, you're not saved or if you're dealing with all this, you know you're not serving God. I know many a great people, godly people. It suddenly doesn't matter family, person, this, and suddenly, man, where did they go? Stupid? Okay? Could it be a door was open, a window was open, and the devil got into the sheep fold, not through Jesus but through another way, through these open doors and cause someone to do things or act or reject the Lord, or go back into the world or whatever the situation is that they wouldn't have done a year before or five years before. What happened the devil, I said the Devil Fair's Dictionary, and he was an American Bible scholar. He puts it this way, to be under the power of a demon. This is defining dameon eyes ohmi, the Greek word to be under the power the mastery of the control of a demon in certain areas. So this is why lust is an awful thing. This is why unforgiveness it's a deadly thing. Folks. Bitterness it can kill your walk. Sign one of the signs of the un time we live in it now. Ungrateful, just being ungrateful, even that can cause me to be influenced by that, Yeah, ungrateful rage. So I'm just saying these things because sometimes someone can say I can't believe a believer did that. Well, we need pray for them, we need to help them see that. Damn, the devil is after them. Don't judge them, don't box them out, help them, help them. Amen. This is my little mark Carroll saying, write it down, memorize it, use it. If it's in me, on me, near me, it's too close. How about that talking about a demon. You didn't laugh or anything. I thought i'd get a reaction. Gosh, you're writing it out. Okay. If it's in me, on me, near me, too close. I don't want to get caught up in the semantics. I just want it gone, folks. If I'm being influence by mnemonic strong demon that wants to bring me into a stronghold, Amen, So let me ask a question, and don't raise your hand. Is there any area of your life you just can't get the victory over? Is there an area you feel helpless, powerless? Is there a sin that you've confessed over and over and over and over and I don't have enough time to say over and over and over to God that you would never do it again, But yet you do it over and over and over. Can I say to each of us, just as lovingly as I can, let's wake up. It's a bondage, old pastors, just a weakness. You've had it for twenty five years. It's a bondage. You see what I'm saying. Let's make it light. Don't just realize. Okay, I got a bondage. That should be good news because Jesus wants to set you free. And I'm not telling you bad news. I'm telling you good news because people go to church all the time all over our city, our county, our state, and our nation, and they really want to be free and they don't know they can't, and pride keeps some them getting ministry or opening up or whatever. Hey, look, let's get free and stay free because you enter into a joy that's contagious. Wow. Let me illustrate it this way, because I love things that bring things to life's. Before you came to church today, you left the window open. Well, number one house is going to be flooded. No, But if you left a window open in your house and when you go home, you find a sure enough thief in action. Here's a question. Does that thief own your house? But guess what, he's in your house. He has control over your house until you have him arrested and handcuffed and taken out. And while he's there, he's there to steal, kill, and destroy. You want him out. Let me show you a couple old Testament scripts. Everybody hanging in with me? Okay, we'll be finished shortly. Lamentations. Can you believe I'm having you go to the book of Lamentations? Can anything good come out of lamentations? Absolutely? At night you can't sleep. Just open up to lamentations, are reading. You'll be asleep quickly. But here's a great verse. Okay, Lamentations one verse ten. Let me bring this verse to life. The adversary has spread his hand over all her talking about Israel, a type of the people of God. For you and I okay, verse ten again, the adversary has spread his hand over all her pleasant things, for she the people of God, the people of God with me. For she has seen the nations that's representing the enemy enter her sanctuary. Those whom you commanded not to enter your assembly, but they did, They entered the children of Visual. They can enter our lives. They can enter the things that were commanded not to lit lit In Limitations four, verse twelve. For the kings of the earth and all the inhabitants of the world would not have believed that the adversary and the enemy could enter the gates of Jerusalem. Read on you find out they did. They did. Joel chapter two, verse nine. They run to and fro in the city. They run on the wall, they climb to the houses. They enter at the windows like a thief, speaking of the swarming locusts, a type of the enemy. Now, next Sunday, I'm going to talk about closing doors and closing windows very very important. Forget the ballgame. This and it's very important because if you don't need it now, you will need it at some point, or you'll need it for a loved one. We don't want to be under the influence of the devil by doors we have opened. And everyone says, now, if you're starting to get depressed, don't, okay, because there really are demons they really want to enter people. But number three, here's point three. Jesus really does cast them out. I said he cast them out. Now go to Luke chapter ten. Luke ten. I want you to leave fired up that Jesus is on your side and you can deal with anything. Jesus sent twelve out. We know the disciples with power over the enemy, but he sent seventy out as well. When you love to know more about them, are their names you will in Eternity verse seventeen. Then those seventy that Jesus had sent out returned with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject to us. How in your name. It's not your ability, it's Christ's ability. And Jesus said to them, I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. What is referring to He's referring way back. You can read it in Isaiah when Satan rebelled against God. He was just kicked out, quicker than a bolt of lighting. True thirty the angels. Okay, So Jesus is not impressed by Satan. He is not intimidated by Satan. He's just a created being verse nineteen. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions. That's types and shadows. Okay, he doesn't mean snakes and stinging critters. Hello, a stinging critter. I'm trying to be Kentucky in there, you don't tempt the Lord. The whole subject heres about demons, okay, and you have authority over them verse nineteen. Again, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this. Don't get excited about this. That's not the exciting part. Amen, That's what he said. And don't get excited about this that the spirits are subject to you. But I do want you to notice, in light of what we're talking about today's the demons are subject to you in Jesus' name. Amen, they're subject that need to be obedient and submissive to you. Here's what we're to be excited about. This is what we're supposed to be doing. Be excited and rejoice because your names are what is your name written in heaven? Come on, let's rejoice, am in it? Yeah? Yeah, you see. Keep that perspective. Then, when you're dealing with something of a demonic nature, it doesn't for ten years of your life, deal with it and move on and get back rejoicing. Amen. Thank you Father that you have Oh wait, I'm skipping next verse. I'm so excited about this because you're free in Jesus name. And that hour Jesus rejoiced in this spirit and said, I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things. Just remember that phrase, these things from the wise and the prudent, those who think they have it all together. All. Wait, I gotta go to church so I can look all wise and prudent. Look, everybody sees through that. Get on worship God. That's what people want to see. You know what, I don't have a lot of wisdom, but I want to keep rolling. I don't know everything, but I can keep learning. See. Just let's keep that attitude. So he's hidding that from those who think they have it all together, and you revealed them to babes. Even so, Father far so it seemed good in your sight. Wow, I love it. What is he talking about. He's talking about authority over demons. He's saying the wives and imprudent, they'll believe there that their demons are, that they have authority over them. But you've told these young babes and they're going to walk in authority. You know, sometimes we don't have a problem knowing that God has all the power. Correct. But what the enemy loves here. This, this is for someone. What the enemy loves to do is to get us to focus on our weakness, our weaknesses and our history, and that brings shame. And I want you free of all shame today. I want your family free of shame. In Jesus' name. You can't get free. Other people can't get free unless you realize I'm not doing it's Jesus. It's Jesus, and you're believing it. For you and for others. I'm gonna remind you where we started back in Mark five. That guy he was demonized six thousand and six, one hundred and eighty and twenty Sixtymnus doesn't matter. One would be too many right running naked in the cemetery out of his mind. None of you are in that much bondage. All of you have clothes on today. Praise God, Thank God. Let me show you something that will give you hope again, Mark five or six. When he saw Jesus from Afar, he ran and he worshiped him. And Andrew brought that point up, and he had no clue what I was talking about. Folks, if you want to get free, worship him, surrender to him. Oh, it might be an emotion. Yes, you go to that country concert and you worship. You go to the ball game and you jump up and down. Jesus needs to be the one we worship with more more focus and more more excitement than anything else. Are you with me? Satan does not have the power to stop you from coming to Jesus. He couldn't do that to that guy because if he could stop anybody, you know, he wanted to stop that guy. Wow, and he I mean, he lost a lot of territory when that guy started going around to the Ten Cities. So if you're in bondage, if you have a difficulty in your life, an area of sin you can't overcome, let's just call it a bondage. Just call it that. Amen, But Jesus wants to set you free. Let's stand Andrew, come on. Thank you for listening. We hope that you enjoyed today's episode. Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more. God bless you all.