Speaker 1: On the day I was falling.
Speaker 2: It's really gone again. The Great America. Welcome this glorious Wednesday afternoon. The tri State A Bengals kicking off on Sunday. According to Joey Burrow, all they got to do is win seven on the next nine, which should be quite easy to do when you think about it. And of course it begins this Sunday, then Raven's on next Thursday, and then a little bit of a break. But until then. Brian Hamrick of the Power of Five, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Brian, first of all, you were doing a story a couple of nights ago about Robertson County. I guess named after Oscar Robertson, I'm not sure, and which this family his engage in behavior including dismembering grandma and various other things, which is disgusting. However, the judge would not issue a protective order. Can you get the party straight? You're reporting in Robertson County. What is happening with that family? They're very close to Tony Bender's home. He thinks he might know some of the family members, hopefully not dismembering anyone. But what is happening in Robertson County, which is somewhere south of here.
Speaker 1: Well thanks again, mister Cunningham. It is a bizarre situation down there, to say the least, and freaky that it all happened. I mean, it literally has a whole Halloween kind of feel. If somebody made a movie about this, this is when it would be set because it is so creepy and there's talk about witches and occults and dragons for people turning into dragons and all this kind of I mean, unreal kind of things. But it becomes in a very real and bizarre crime that is unbelievably disturbing. So a woman who lives down in Robertson County, out on this rural farm named Trudy Fields, apparently her daughter is now charged with murdering her. Not only killing her, she shot her, stabbed her, dismembered her, removed her limbs, her head, and then parts of the body were found boiling or cooking in an oven. When police got there, they tried to get this daughter of hers under control. They needed two duds to do it. She's screaming at them that she's casting spells on them and that she's a witch. Well, they finally get her arrested and she's now being charged with the murder of her mother. Now, what happened in the meantime is the suspect sister, another daughter of this victim, is saying that they have a brother that is also very dangerous. In fact, they were in court yesterday wanting a protection order from this brother. They don't want him to be able to go to the funeral. They wanted to stay away from family members. They say he's displayed issues that are threatening. They said that even before this's happened, within recent years and going back over years, he had threatened the family, threatened to kill the mom, threatened to kill this sister that was answering for the tgo. There was another brother who said he had overheard these same things, that he had witnessed other bizarre activities and a lot of it related to the occult. Oh soh yeah, it's a very strange situation.
Speaker 2: And I think the highlight of this you're reporting, Brian Hemrick, because the judge did not issue a temporary protective order against the guy with a dragon tattoo on his back who thinks you can morph into a dragon by putting a tattoo on his back of a dragon. So this guy is there's no TPO, so he's free to go to Thanksgiving dinner with the family.
Speaker 1: Sounds like she's free to come in and go as he please. However, however, his content was that he is in California and he's been there ever since, and he was at this hearing as well. They were all on there by zoom, you know, so there were these different boxes on one big screen, and you know, when you kind of looked at it was a right mind you have over the Brady bunch. But it was totally another kind of scenario because they're all this whole families looking at each other on these boxes on this screen. But it was a it was a very bizarre bunch of allegations that were made, that's for sure. Anyway, his contention is he didn't he didn't have anything to do with the mom's murder. He didn't get this woman, his sister, to do it, and that he has no idea he was trying to get her help. He says he was working with the mom. Apparently the judge believed that because she did not. Apparently, a protection order had been issued and they wanted to extend that, and the judge didn't extend it, which I thought was unusual. And she didn't ask him, hey, do you do you plan to come back to the funeral? Are you going to be in town? Is there any reason I shouldn't just extend this order? So none of that was asked, although a lot of other questions were asked, but she did not keep this protection order extended. So, uh, he can, he can come and go as he pleases.
Speaker 2: This is a sad Halloween story. I mean, I can't think of this family dinner what I might look like. But is the is are they Satanists? Do they worship the the the darkness? Is there a light? I mean, his family looks like they have some a little bit of problems going on here, a little bit difficulty.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm told that the mother was about christian The victim, Chris, was very disciplined in her Christianity. There you go, but very very far you know, dug into that. Uh and some of the other family members, the family members as well, but that the kids, at least some of them may have, you know, rebelled against that. And uh so the the daughter who's charged and this brother who the PTEO is against We're living in California, apparently involved in these sort of dark religious activities of some sort, and the daughter even thought she was a witch or was casting spells. And you know, we're told that the that this brother was also into that sort of thing. At some point, the woman that is charged in this, the daughter who is charged, had a motorcycle accident was apparently some pretty severe brain injury, and it was after that accident that she returned. The brother said she didn't even he didn't even know she had left California. But all of a sudden, she's back in Robertson County now and acting out. And we've heard from people who who have some inside information and saying she may have been acting out and the mother may have been trying to help her get her kind of back under control.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, so the other is a Christian, So maybe the family went the opposite direction and wanted to rebel. That's why mom was dismembered.
Speaker 1: You know whatever. My guess is that whatever happened yet, maybe it had something to do with with that. But you know, there's such a level of of I don't know, disconnection with reality when something like this happened that it's hard to you know, say, was there some you know, did this closet or was it some kind of mental illness? Was it something from the motorcycle crash? Because as bizarre as you know, people would look at you know, kind of different kinds of religions and sort of things. You know, there's a lot of people that think they're witches that never do anything, and they say, we do good, you know, but so this would be very you know, an opposite direction. But other people would say, is exactly what the dark side contendents that they're gonna do. This is what happened. So I don't know how far into that police will even get. They'll probably say like, look, did you do it? Did you know what she was doing? Here are the charges, and and you know they will be looking at was there some influence from this brother? Was there any reason some of the testimony yesterday, one of the other brothers said that that this brother that was out in California felt like this was his birthright, the land, this farm was his birthright, and that they had been told apparently over the years, all the whole family had been told there was gold buried out there, somewhere, or that there was gold on the land. At one point he even went back and admitted digging for this gold. And you know Robertson County, which I'm not sure you know if it's a vein of gold that they thought raised through there, or it was buried by a pirate or how it got there.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is so so the brother of Trudy. Trudy Feels is the defendant who allegilate dismembered her mother. And the brother has a large dragon tattoo on his back from California. Does that guy think he's like a fire breathing dragon.
Speaker 1: Well, at one point the one brother so so, Trudy is the victim and uh uh and the daughter is accused in the in the crime. Uh Torolina is the daughter accused in the crime. The other daughter. They all got teen names, they all but uh Kelby is the daughter trying to get a protection order against Truant. And Truet is the one who is out in California. He's the one two. And then another brother named Titus says true he talked to him on the phone out in California. I guess the According to his story told in court, yesterday. He was trying to talk him down because he had this tattoo on his back of a dragon. He thought it was turning him into a dragon, and that he wanted to kill people when he became the dragon.
Speaker 2: The dragon's killing people. You know, the dragon is killing people, not me as the dragon on my back, right, Kay?
Speaker 1: I got him?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you covered you know, in thirty five years, you cover a lot of stories. I mean, war in the hell does this one rank reminds me of John John Fryman and Butler County who uh killed I think the name is Ronica Lemon and buried her legs in their rumkey dump. And I'm thinking, boy, h, this is this is to a whole new level. This is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It is it is a bizarre that are circumstances I mean too, I mean you you just run out of adjective strange, bizarre, unusual, creepy, disturbing. I mean they all go in and so this ranked up in there some of the more unusual cases I've covered. The fortunate thing is, you know this would be you know, when it has already gotten national attention. But fortunately you know this stage, you know within you know the family. It wasn't something where they decided to go out and start praying on people like a Zodiac killer or you know some you know others call yes manson these sort of things. So, you know, fortunately he caught it as soon as this happened. But would anything else have happened. Who knows. But I know there are an awful lot of people that are in Robertson County who are very afraid of this brother. They even brought up stories yesterday about how when he was young. I mean, this was testified in court under oath that they had said, you know, he was hanging he would hang dead animals on fence posts and things like this, and whether he did a for effect or because there was some you know, he had some issues to deal with that. Nobody got into that, but it certainly all came out in this family court protection order hearing yesterday.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, this is somewhat peculiar, but I wanted to highlight it because Halloween is tomorrow night and I want to see what the hell's going on. But if I was you, Brian Hamrick, I'd stay out of Robertson County for a while. You know what I'm saying, got dragons, you got witches, got boiling, and remember it's not good, not a good place to be. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I mean, like I said, it all happened so strangely, and you know, these these court appearances where you're very aware because of the you know, Halloween, you know, part time of the season, and you know, we drive past all these decorations that are up or witches and you know, scenes of death and all that, and we take it all. You know, it's sort of a joke or our way to look at, you know, the inevitable in a lighter way, you know. But when something like this actually happens and people have bought into some of these darker theories of religion or darker theories of of how to live your life, it really gets your attention. You know that that some people get sucked down a rabbit hole somehow and then start living this.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to stay away from Robertson County for a while. And what's the next hearing on this thing. I guess you got the murder case, you know, you got that second.
Speaker 1: I think it's the second Tuesday in November. I can't remember the day. I don't want to say it's the twelfth. She's gonna be arranged. That's Tordalina. It is going to be a rain for the murder. There have been two hearings so far, as she hadn't appeared in either one of them, so hopefully she'll appear in this one.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't she appear? Didn't she charge the murder well yet?
Speaker 1: She charged with murder, but it was filed in district court. And then when they got it the first hearing, she had just been served with the murder. They happened with tampering with evidence, and then they charged with murder later and the day of the hearing was earlier. That morning they had charged. They indicted her on the murder charges. The prosecutor said, look, she's just been indicted. I don't want to have her a peer because she hasn't had it. She hasn't been served yet with two charges. Why they didn't just invite her on the other ones, I don't know anyway, that's the way they did it. And then for the second hearing he didn't appear because they were taking the charges out of district court and putting them in circuit court. So it was just to clear the old charges offmos or the distrect court and go on. So hopefully here in the next two weeks or so, we're gonna we're gonna she's gonna appear in court.
Speaker 2: Well, normally when you charge with murder you kind of have to be there, but this is Robertson County. We'll see what happens. But Halloween is a real thing, and we'll see what occurs. But Brian Hamrick, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Brian, you're a great American.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank again, mister Cunningham.
Speaker 2: Brian Hemrick of the Power five ghost Goblems. You have witches and dragons and more in Robertson County. I know Tony Benner and his family like to trick her treat down there. I suggest maybe this year they don't go, might be boiled, might have an arm boiling in an oven somewhere. Not good. Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW