Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog, something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and they would dead once you hit the grill. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Happen? What are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here. Look, I'm ne the window now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside right, Hello, hit the buddy out here? What quin I'm out there? I thought of a menu of about second nine. I don't know. Easy announce there. Yeah, I'm walking right heady.
Speaker 1: As promised. I am still traveling. This is the interview that I told you about on Wednesday that I did over on Apocalyptic Anomalies. I sat down and talked to Abner, had a really great conversation again. Talked about some things I don't normally get into and interviews. I think you guys will really enjoy it, so let's keep this intro short and sweet. All that's left for you to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, welcome to Apocalyptic Anomalies. Today on the show, we have Brian. I've read in the book that you were in law force. How long were you in law enforcement and did you experience anything supernatural during your career in law enforcement?
Speaker 1: A total of sixteen years in law enforcement. People have asked me that in the past. I know some police officers. I just literally posted a show today on one of our podcasts, Backwoods Bigfoot Stories, where I read stories about people's encounters that don't necessarily want to come on to do an interview. I've done a two part series about law enforcement officers who experience encounters with mostly bigfoot. I was a city of Atlanta cops. It was very urban. There wasn't a whole lot of bigfoot in the middle of Atlanta's I know other officers have had those kind of situations in the past. Other shows have done stories about officers having encounters with bigfoot, dog man, even ghost.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I didn't have any as a police officer. I had some pretty supernatural experiences with people, but it was all people related. It's nothing krypted related or anything supernatural.
Speaker 3: Now, well, I want to jump right into your experience. If you could please share your experience that you have, cause I read a little bit about it in your book. I got up to chapter five, so I still got to finish the book. May I read a little bit about your experience in the book, if you could please share with the audience in detail your experience with the audience and with me as well.
Speaker 1: A little bit of backstory that I don't really get into in the book is some of the weird things that were happening in that house we were living in, because there was some supernatural things going on there. I say that because I think it's important to lay that baseline, because I've been asked on other shows. I was a guest on a podcast a couple of years ago, and somebody asked me, do you think it was something other than bigfoot that you might have experienced in the woods. I'd like to start there and sort of lay the foundation. We moved into this house, and we were in a really small town. And when I say small town, I don't even think the town had a caution light.
Speaker 4: It was that small.
Speaker 1: I think it was like a full way stop, and everybody knew everybody. Before we moved into this house, the gentleman who owned it, we were renting it from him. His two sons had lived there before us. There was a lot of us about some of the things that they were into. They were supposedly into devil worship, demonic activity, and those kind of things. When we moved into the house, initially, the first thing I did was go outside. I'd never had any kind of land to roam on, and this house had tons of property around it. So we didn't own it, but we had access to it because we rented this place from this gentleman. So I stayed out in the woods and there was this really cool creek area that I would go to with a bunch of rock water running through the rocks. It's kind of hard to explain. It wasn't like creek rock. It was solid rock foundations and formations that this water was run into. I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. But there were some weird things that I found in and around the water. They looked like they were man made bowls and weird spoons.
Speaker 4: And other things.
Speaker 1: I found some things that looked like they were possibly I don't know, made out of cow skulls and things like that that as a kid, I thought there were cows in that area. I thought maybe it just naturally died head. But in retrospect, knowing what I know now, it was probably something that a person had placed there. I found that a little peculiar. But like I said, eleven or twelve years old, you don't really think about those things. The real things that started happening inside the house were what really let me know that something was going on. I started hearing voices in the house. I would have this weird feeling that I was being watched. When I was in the house, I would hear scratching. I was waking up a lot of times, I mean maybe six or eight times over the course of a couple of years, I would wake up to this dark figure standing at the foot of my bed, to the point where I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Stay in my own room.
Speaker 1: I would take a blanket and I would end up sleeping at the foot of my mom and dad's bed or somewhere on the floor in their room. Because I was petrified to stay in my own room. I would shower and I would keep my eyes open while I was washing my face. It was that kind of scared. I was always felt like there was a presence there. So that's what really started in the house. And then I had this experience. I fancied myself was a little bit of a hunter, so I would go out and score rabbit hunt. I was out in the woods as I was normally out, and I went into this area that I'd never been in one particular day, I had this feeling. I just sort of ran into it. And if you get into bigfoot encounters, like I've documented hundreds of big foot encounters at this point on my show, you'll have people have experiences where they feel like they've hit a wall. They're walking along, everything's going okay, and they just feel like they can't go any further. That's kind of what happened to me. I felt like I hit an invisible wall. The hair on the back of my neck stood up, the hair on my arm stood up, and I just had this feeling that I wasn't supposed to be there, and that I needed to be somewhere else. I needed to be getting out of the area, but I was physically frozen, and I think I described it in the book as I felt like my legs became wooden stakes that were driven into the ground. I literally could not move. I heard this. It was probably ten twelve feet away from it. This was in North Georgia. If you've been in the Carolinas or anywhere in the southeast. I live in North Carolina now, but in Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina. In the summertime, you can go out into the woods and this place was thick with vegetation, and just on the outskirts of my field of vision, it's where I was hearing these noises. And it sounded like something that was bipedal. It was walking on two legs. It sounded huge, and I could hear it walking just outside of where I could see it. At one point I heard like this huffing sound, and I was petrified.
Speaker 4: I had no.
Speaker 1: Idea what it was. I knew what it was though I knew enough about the woods, you know, it wasn't a deer. I knew it wasn't a bear. We didn't have bear in that area. And then I heard what sounded like a bluff charge. Now, I didn't know what a bluff charge was back then, but I've studied primates and looked into gorillas. If you've ever seen videos a silverback gorilla bluff charging people when they come into their area, That's what it sounded like in the woods, about ten or twelve feet away from me, and it would stop just on the outskirts of where I could see this vegetation. This happened a couple of times. It seemed like it lasted forever. It was probably literally thirty or forty five seconds, might have been a minute, maybe two minutes, and then all of a sudden, fight or flight kicked in. I switched from complete stuck in the ground, couldn't move, to flight. Something clicked in my brain and said, you got to get the hell out of here.
Speaker 4: I turned around.
Speaker 1: I ran as fast as I could, flat out run through the woods, probably six eight hundred yards, however far away it was from the house. I dove over the fence and landed into what I thought was the safer zone in the front yard of the house. It took me a long time to go back in the woods after that. Man, I was really concerned with what I had encountered, never saw what it was. Still to this day can't say what it was. I had no idea, but it was something I'd never experienced before, and I haven't experienced anything like that since. I've had a couple of experiences since then that put me in a certain place that was close to that, but nothing that close those kind of experiences that scared me the way that scared me. Fast forward to a couple of years ago. I was a guest on the podcast and the guy was into this demonic stuff, he was into the occult, and he asked me, he said, have you ever considered that what you experienced in the woods might not have been sasquatch or Bigfoot? It might have been something that followed you from the house into the woods. Maybe it was whatever entity you were dealing with inside the house, because that seems to be a common thing, according to him, in some situations where people think they're experiences. And I have talked to people in the past that claim to have been experiencing what they believed to be Bigfoot, that I believed that they were dealing with some sort of an entity outside of Bigfoot because they never saw a creature. Some of the things they were describing sounded very similar to what I was dealing with in the house in that experience. I don't know, man, it was just one of those things where I grew up with stories in that area of people talking about Bigfoot. My great grandparents were talking about Bigfoot. I heard stories about gensng hunters that were encountering Bigfoot at the time. I even talked about in the very early chapters of the book, I include one of the stories that I heard my grandparents talk about. I discovered it just a couple of years ago when I was doing some research for the podcast. I looked in that area on a database that I have access to, and there was a story from like nineteen seventy seven that was just a few miles away from my house from where some gensng hunters came into contact with what I believe now to be Bigfoot. I've always correlated that experience to a possible Bigfoot experience. Again, I've never said it was I never will say, because I didn't see it. Since that conversation a couple of years ago, I've scratched my head and thought that maybe it was something other than Bigfoot. But I definitely experienced something I just can't explain.
Speaker 4: What it was. Wow, that's amazing, man.
Speaker 3: How long did it take you to go back into the woods where you felt like, Okay, I feel like I could go back into the woods kind of roll around without feeling like a threat or something. How long did that take you before you felt at ease about that.
Speaker 1: It was months and months before I was able to to even venture back into the safe places that I had been before. The creek area that I was hanging out in there was a big pine thicket that I would play in. I had a fort and i'd climb the trees there, and you could see it from the house. So that's where I ventured to first. But it took me a long time to get back into the woods deeper than the cursory trip to the creek or into this area that was visible from the middle of this pasture outside of the front of the house. I don't know that I ever felt comfortable while we.
Speaker 4: Were living there.
Speaker 1: We were only there for another two or three years. I don't know that I was ever comfortable in the woods there after that. I never had any other experiences that were anything close to that, or anything that even made me think that I was experiencing the same thing, but it was difficult for me to ever be comfortable going any deeper than just the cursory go into the creek kind of thing.
Speaker 4: But I've talked to.
Speaker 1: So many people at this point that experience had grown man who hunt. There's tons of people that I've talked to you that have had experiences with what they believe to be sasquatched or know to be if you ask them, they know it is because they saw something that. Don't go back in the woods after that. These are seasoned hunters with high powered rifles, and they just refuse to go back and go into these areas because they are so afraid that they're going to run.
Speaker 4: Into one of these creatures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the book you described it. You were carrying a BB gun, air rifle gun or something like that. So I mean, if you encountered anything that's not going to do much maybe.
Speaker 1: Other than a bird or a small squirrel, I was screwed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I could definitely see, as eleven twelve years old you being scared, and anybody would have been scared. Like you said, grown men go into the woods and they encountered these things for sure, and it's a very scary experience. I'm just glad that you were brave enough to not let that kind of not let you go back into those woods after that, because a lot of people don't go back after they encounter stuff like that. It gets to the point where it traumatizes them in a way and they just can't find the courage to go back. So I'm I'm glad you're back out through that's great.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Just rewinding a little bit right when you were talking about the dark figure in your room, how often would that happen or was that just like a one time deal when you saw that figure.
Speaker 1: I'd say over the course of maybe two to three years in that house, it probably happened five times that I recall. And I've talked to people that I've tried to find answers about that. Because I'm a very Okham's Razor kind of guy, my cop brain always goes to it's something other than the supernatural, right, I try to find something that would make a reasonable person go, yeah, this is probably what happened. I don't automatically jump to it, oh it was a ghost or oh it was bigfoot. That I'm not that guy so even in retrospect, looking back at that situation, I've always tried to say, well, maybe it was sleep paralysis. So I've talked to people about sleep paralysis. I'm friends with a couple of clinical psychologists. I've had conversations with him about it, and they say, now, it doesn't sound like sleep paralysis that you were experiencing. It sounds like something different. People say that it was sleep paralysis because it was similar to that, because I would wake up and I would be completely frozen. I couldn't move, but I was awake. I could feel the sensations. I remember feeling the fan on my face and hearing the sound when this thing was standing over my bed. I've even had people ask me, was it the shape of a sasquatch? Could it have possibly been a sasquatch?
Speaker 2: No, it was.
Speaker 1: Definitely more like you would see in a horror movie today, not necessarily like the Thin Man or something like that, but just the outline of what looks like a head and shoulders, and then it just kind of fades into darkness. And I've described it in the past, and this is the only way I can really describe it that would maybe make sense to people. Is it's dark in my room. It's darker than the dark. I don't even know if that makes sense, but a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people say that when they sees it, things like that, it's darker than the black in the room, it's pitch black and stucker, Well, go into that, man, Because I've never experienced anything like That's why I'm very curious about that. I've heard stories so blacker than black. Wow, It's like, how can you describe that?
Speaker 1: It's so difficult because when I get asked to talk about this experience, which is rare because it's normally all about bigfoot with me, Yeah, that's the only way I've been able to describe it is being in a dark room. It's almost like shades of black. If you're wearing a black shirt. You're wearing a black shirt now, but you could possibly have another piece of clothing on that might be even darker than that, maybe a dark stone against the black shirt, or it's just a slight maybe the shirt is a little bit grayer than black, and then something else is blacker. It's kind of that feeling or that sensation that's what I saw, that's standing at the foot of the bed, And of course even as.
Speaker 4: We live out in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 1: We're on forty acres here in North Carolina, and there's no light pollution at all, So if there's.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of moonlight going on, it is really dark when it's dark here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can see if something black, right, we have black things like black planters and things outside you can kind of see it. Then when you walk outside you don't have any light, and then there's this black planter that I know we have a tree, planet in or something, so you.
Speaker 4: Can kind of see that.
Speaker 1: It's almost that sort of thing. It's blacker than the night.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's really hard to explain, especially when this thing's standing at the foot of your bed and you don't have any idea what it is. I know it's not a planner with a tree in it, So I'm trying to figure out in my twelve year old brain or what's standing at my bed. Yes, because nobody's supposed to be here but me. And then again, I've talked about it before. I don't want to sound crazy, but I was hearing voiceless. I was hearing voices at the same time. I can't tell you what the voices were saying. And this wasn't all the time, but when I would hear these things, it would be at night typically, and sometimes I've even heard it in the day in this house, but it was mostly at night.
Speaker 4: But it was always that long.
Speaker 1: We really couldn't make out what was being said, but somebody's or something talking, and that I would hear scratches on the wall. It sounded like they were inside the wall behind my bed, the back of the bed where I would lay and the headrest would be up against the wall, and the wall was an external wall. There was nothing behind my bedroom, like the window faced out to the outside. I was on the end of the house, so there's not another room. My parents' room was across the hall. In the room directly next to my bedroom was the bathroom. It was only a two bedroom house. It was a really small house.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 1: Again my mind goes to could it have been a squirrel scratching on the wall? Could it have been an animal scratching on the wall, or whatever the case may be. I can't Ockham's razor it or away as much as I would like to, other than saying I think there was some really nefarious things going on. I didn't know it at the time. I don't have a great relationship with my dad. I haven't talked to my dad in decades, but I did talk to my mom after we moved out of that house years and years later. Even in recent years, we've had conversations about living in that particular house, and my mom confided to me that my dad was having some of the similar experiences that I explained to her years later that neither one of us really talked about at the time. She knew it at the time because he had confided in her. My dad was going through alcohol abuse. He was doing drugs at the time. He was taking peels, downers, those kind of things. So I take it with grain of salt that he was having these experiences and hearing voices going through some of the things that I was going through. But it almost coroborates the two because if I had not been having those experiences myself and it was just him while he was using drugs and alcohol, some would say, Okay, he was having some kind of hallucinations, But I was experiencing those things that I wasn't doing drugs and alcohol at twelve years old. So when you both have those experiences, it seems to be that.
Speaker 4: There's a there there. I just don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: And the closest thing I can come to it, like I said, is some of the things that I believe that the people that were living there before us, these two guys that lived there before us, we're pretty well known for this stuff. They have had something to do with that before we moved into the house.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, yeah, but I mean it almost seems like these entities, these I guess you could say demonic or evil entities, kind of feed off those negative vibes, right, So wherever there's some type of alcohol or drunk because they kind of try to latch onto that. It almost seemed like they were trying.
Speaker 4: To scare you, to feed off your fear.
Speaker 3: That's what a lot of people talk about, how they try to kind of install fearing you first, just to get a reaction from you, to kind of grip you in that fear. And I mean, I can't imagine going through that at eleven twelve years old, but it's like it's very scary. I've heard stories where people try to yell and nothing comes out, and they try to like move and they can't move. It almost grips you so man. It's one of those feelings that, like you said, you can't really explain it. It's almost like it's just a feeling. It's a feeling. It's like it's there, you see, it's there, you physically see, but it's more of a sheeling, like what do I do now? You're kind of scared. And I feel like a lot of people lean towards their faith in those situations and try to get out of those situations.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've talked to people since then. I've talked to the late Paula just passed away. I had him on the show last year and he did a lot of work with Dain Lorraine Warren. Most people have seen the Conjuring movies and the Annabel.
Speaker 4: Movies and those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Paul was originally an investigator with the Warrens when they were doing some of these cases. And that's one of the things that I talked to Paul. We didn't talk about it on the show. I talked to him off air about it because I told him about some of the experiences.
Speaker 4: I said, and he told.
Speaker 3: Those are those based on true? I just want to know if those are those based on true events, yes, and.
Speaker 1: If some of those are yeah. The Conjuring House in particular was somewhat based in truth. That's one of the things that Paul and I discussed on the episode. He kind of separated the whek from the chaff about what was real in what wasn't. And a lot of the Warren's stories, especially are Lorraine Warrens. She was probably the most famous of the two Warrens. A lot of the things that she was involved in later in her life got blown out of proportion. Some of those things are obviously made for Hollywood to make them more interesting. But Paul was one of the first investigators to go into some of these places, and he had tons of experiences in the Conjuring House that he talked about on my show. One of the things we talked about off air was I told him about some of the experiences and he said, there's something about some of those cases. For example, some of the cases that you see, for example, the Exorcist obviously famously played by Linda Blair. It was a female character, but the actual story that's based on loosely in truth, was a thirteen year old boy. That's one of the things Paul talked about doing some of the investigations with the Warrens and some of the things she had done throughout his career. Was this connection with, like you said, the drug and alcohol abuse, the turmoil. My mom and dad weren't getting along, there was a lot of fights. They had just had my sister who was an unexpected accident, right, and there were so many things that were going on, and you had me a twelve year old pre pubescent boy. I don't know what the culmination of all those things, but it seems like the perfect storm for some of these paranormal and pultural geist, even to the point of where things are moving and being done to people activity happens. He was like, look, Brian, there's a lot to that. I know you may not believe it, but it's a possibility that if that's what you were experiencing.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've looked at it in retrospect and I just I chalk it up to it was an experience, and it was a scary experience, and luckily I've moved on from that. I've lived in a couple of hundred houses after that as an adult, But it was nothing as serious as what I was experiencing there.
Speaker 3: A lot of times when you move into a new property and stuff, it's really not disclosed, like hey, just the heads up, this house may be haunted. It's like, hey, it's for it's cheap, you want to move in, So nobody's really expecting those things, and then when they do happen, you're kind of just left there like, well, I'm going through these experiences. How can I either seek for help or how can I try to move my family to a safer place mentally, because I feel like a lot of these things try to They try to harm you spiritually, right, They try to doubt you, make you doubt whatever you believe in, and they try to make you fear, and that's how they group you. Like I said before, it's crazy because as a kid growing up, I went to a Pentecostal church. I saw a lot of things where reverends or pastors would pray on people and you would see demons come out of people, which to me again, as a kid, right, I'm looking at that like what's going on?
Speaker 4: Like you don't understand it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: They're talking in languages like you said, right, things you can't understand. Words, you can't understand, and for some reason the pastor kind of talks back in tongues, and I mean, it's crazy, man. These things come out of people. They start throwing up you hear thinks say no, I'm not leaving. It's like what is your name? And stuff like that. It's like those things are real, they really do exist. I feel like I'm a strong believer that we do have a soul and a spirit, and those things try to attack that. So that's crazy, man. I wanted to jump into you mentioned in your book there was a man you knew, Elijah, Your dad knew him, and you knew him as a kid. Are there any interesting stories that he might have shared with you guys about anything supernatural he might have experience or something like that they could share on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Nothing that I remember.
Speaker 1: I talk about Elijah briefly in the book because he was my dad's best friend, and I remember him from early on. These guys would go fishing and I would tag along with him. But I remember him talking about Bigfoot. He called it a different name from his tribal name. He talked about experiences that his family and their family had passed on through the generations, But nothing that he had experienced himself. Not to say that he didn't have those experiences, but he didn't share any.
Speaker 4: Of those that I recall with us. That's a common thing.
Speaker 1: I've talked to a lot of Native American people and First Nations people that we'll talk about it now because it's a different time. But even if you talk to them, they'll tell you now that there are people that are older than them and different generations who still will not talk about the Hairy Man, Bigfoot, or Sasquatch are even some of the other things that they might experience that would be considered supernatural or some sort of high strangeness. And Elijah wasn't a big talker in the first place, as I remember. He's passed on now rest his soul, but I do remember him talking a little bit about Bigfoot, and that was it.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like a lot of these entities that try to, I guess, tackle us, right, Do you feel like that can also be like a hereditary thing, like it's passed on from generation to generation like a curse almost.
Speaker 4: What's your opinion on that.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting that you say that, because I've always approached everything I've done, whether it's UFOs or had UFO experiences. Obviously, I've lived in hanted houses. Oh whoa, well, I'm fay to get into those. I've had experiences of what I believe to be some sort of entity from the other side. And when I got into documenting people's Bigfoot experiences, I would talk to people. They would tell me I've had Bigfoot experiences, and I would say, if you had other weird experiences or anything else, Yeah, there was these strange lights, or I saw this what looked like an alien craft. I would check a box over here and go, Okay, well they're having Bigfoot experiences, but they're also having this other weird stuff that can be related.
Speaker 4: Bigfoot's not an alien. Bigfoot to me is.
Speaker 1: A flesh and blood creature that's probably some sort of really tomanoid. And I had a guy on the show named Preston Dinnett. Preston is huge, particularly in the UFO community. He's interviewed hundreds or probably thousands of people at this point, he's probably written ten books on the subject. And the first time I interviewed Preston, we were having a conversation and he asked me if I've ever had any kind of experience with the UFO.
Speaker 4: I told him about my UFO.
Speaker 1: Experience, and Preston says, Brian, everything is connected. Whether you believe it or not, everything is connected, and that just stuck with me. So Ever since that conversation, I've had many conversations since with Preston. I've sort of shifted away from just checking boxes and saying, well, you had this weird experience, maybe not here, because during some of those conversations with people like Paulino, with Preston, and talking to other investigators, it seems that there is something that's possibly hereditary. I don't know necessarily with demonic possession or something to do with the other side, but particularly with UFOs. I have seen a connection there with family members. I've had so many people that I've talked to on the air and off the air that have had in depth, sometimes even abductee experiences with UFOs that when they dial into their family lineage and start looking back as much as they can, because a lot of times their family members won't.
Speaker 4: Talk about it.
Speaker 1: When they do talk about it, you find that mom has had experiences with UFOs, dads had experiences with UFOs. Then you get into the grandparents. Sometimes great grandparents experience something they can't explain. Stan Gordon comes to mind. I've had conversations with Stan Gordon, a very famous UFO investigator, and Stan talked about the same thing. Some of the cases that he would go out on were multi generational, right, these people that had experiences on their property, and then generations later other people are experiencing. So that was a long answer to a short question to say, I do believe there is a common thread that runs through that in some capacity. What that thread is I still haven't figured that out yet, but I do think that it is a possibility that some of that stuff's connected. You just have to look at the evidence. Honestly, it really goes to the evidence. You can't have conversations with people that have real experiences that you believe that had and then they say, and then I talked to my mom, and my mom told me she had been abducted when she was a kid. And then I talked to my dad, and my dad told me the same thing. And my mom had this weird thing in her hand that they couldn't figure out.
Speaker 4: It was an implant.
Speaker 1: It's a whole ball of wax that gets presented to you. I've just gotten to the point where I stopped trying to check the boxes and dismiss things and just accept that although I may not understand it, I may not be able to explain it.
Speaker 4: I do believe that there is a.
Speaker 1: Connection there, and some people even say it's generational with sasquatch. That's a little harder for me to swallow because I think that those are flesh and blood creatures. But I don't know. I'm open to anything. I'd never say never, because as soon as you say never, somebody's going to prove you wrong. So I'm always open to it. I love the conversations with people. I do believe that I'm going to quote Preston Dinnett if you ever hear this, Preston, I'm quoting you man, that everything is connected in some way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, that's very well put.
Speaker 3: I feel like, in my opinion, I think a lot of these things are physical, can be physical and supernatural, you know, kind of like us, right, we live in this world. It's a material world. It's a physical world. But when we go to sleep, some people even astra project and they travel, So what does that tell you? It almost feels like going back to what you said about Preston is everything is connected.
Speaker 4: We're all connected.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about a lot of these entities or UFOs? And you mentioned Sasquash that you feel is more physical, But do you think a lot of these cryptives are physical and supernatural as well.
Speaker 1: I tell you, the one thing that I've always said is this Bigfoot to me is at this point, if they exist at all, they are a physical, flesh and blood creature that exists in our dimension, our plane, just like what we do.
Speaker 4: They're just another being, right.
Speaker 1: But I tell you, the more I've had conversations with people, I have to open my mind to what we call the high strangeness of the Woo and Bigfoot. There's so many people who have experiences beyond just a flesh and blood experience with these creatures. It's really made me question if I could be wrong. They could be something more. They could be an interdimensional creature. They could have some connection with extraterrestrials.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Here's the other thing.
Speaker 1: They could be a flesh and blood creature that have some sort of extraordinary abilities, like a cuddlefish for example, or like we know some other creatures like squid and things that are able to change color and change shape do things that are considered to be in some way supernatural, but now they're just mundane to us because we know, hey, they just do that, right, It's just part of.
Speaker 4: What they do.
Speaker 1: Some people describe eyeshine, and I'm not talking about eye shine, like, oh, you shine a flashlight and they have the ability to reflect the light and you see eye shine from a deer or another animal or dog or whatever. I'm talking about self illuminating eyes on sasquatch. That's a pretty common thing that we hear. If you take a bok bunch of experiences, you're going to have at least probably two out of ten, maybe three out of ten, say yeah, this thing had self illuminating eyes or appeared to be How do you explain that?
Speaker 4: What do you do with that?
Speaker 1: So these creatures could be a combination of things. They could be a very physical creature with some things that we don't understand, and then it is a possibility that they could be even more. They could be a flesh and blood creature while they're here, and they could move between dimensions. I think, as far as other cryptids are concerned and the big one for me. The other one outside of bigfoot, I think number two on the cryptid scale would probably be dog man. It's something that's come about over the last decade or so, probably less than a decade, and I have a really hard time wrapping my brain around a six to seven to eight foot tall bipedal half man, half dog creature. That's a tough thing to wrap your brain around, right, But people claim they see these police officers. I've heard of stories where police officers have not only seen these things but allegedly shot them to no effect.
Speaker 4: That's a really out there thing.
Speaker 1: I've always said, if dog men exist, I cannot figure out how it could physically exist. Like a large bipedal ape. We know that those things have existed in the past. We know about Gigantopithecus, we know about other huge apes that have existed. Orangutans are pretty big comparative to other apes, so we're silver back gorillas. We know those things could possibly exist, so it's easier to wrap our brain around there's a big ape walking around in North America, possibly than a seven to eight foot tall half man. We're talking to American werewolf in London. Stuff here right in the eighties. Eh, it just doesn't make sense to me. So I've always said, I think these people may be having these experiences, and if they are seeing what they believe that they are seeing, it could be something else. There could be a possibility of these other cryptids maybe exist, But I don't think they're flesh and blak creatures. I think they may be something else, chupacabra, some of these other wild when digo, some of these other out there things that people claim to see. I just don't know how they could physically exist here all the time and not be discovered on some other level and or seen more often than they are.
Speaker 4: If that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's interesting that you put that like that, because going back right to your experience in the woods, when you experienced that, you said you kind of froze and you heard a grunt or like a growl almost right. How did that feel for you? And did you have any other your senses open?
Speaker 4: Like was it quiet?
Speaker 3: Because a lot of people explain it when they have these experiences that it gets kind of quiet, the air gets quiet, and they smell something that's not na true. How can you explain it in your words? Your senses. What were your sensing besides the frozenness of the flight or fight sensation.
Speaker 1: It's been a few years, but I can tell you this. I don't remember having the sense of the quietness. I mean people have talked to about in stories they've told to me, the crickets stopped, everything stopped, and then this thing appeared. I didn't really have that sense because it could have happened. Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I was completely focused on what was happening, what I was hearing. Just auditory senses is really all I was focusing on because that's all I had at the moment. I didn't smell anything, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. All I could focus on was what I was hearing. So for me, that's all it was. I've been in some pretty hairy situations, no pun intended. I've been in some hairy situations as a cop where I've been shot at, and when the adrenaline kicks in, you get tunnel vision, you get an auditory exclusion. Right, You're just focused on what you see. You got very little control over your fingers. I mean, all the blood's rushing to the core of your body, just to keep you in survival mode. And that's kind of what I experienced when I was twelve. I'd never had that experience before, but I've had it tons of times since as an adult in those kind of situations. I've tried to take that into account when I'm interviewing people, for example, and them talking about some of the experiences that they've had and just seeing if it's a real visceral reaction. I never want to be the person who interrogates anybody who comes on my show. I make it a safe space for anybody who wants to tell their story. And I've had some wild stories. I've had some really wild stories that I've posted on the show and people go, wow, how could you have that person? I said, Well, it's their experience, right, Yeah, Okay. I've tried to draw on that feeling and knowledge and actual experience that I've had later in life to go back and even look at my own experience. Again, Like I said, I can say everything else just stopped. I was focused on what I could hear. It's kind of the same thing again as a police officer, focus on the suspect to shooting at me, you get auditory exclusion.
Speaker 4: You don't hear.
Speaker 1: That's why you hear stories of police officers. I mean people have told me I was screaming at you, dude, you didn't hear me.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't hear you.
Speaker 1: I was focused on the threat, right, So it's kind of those things that you physiologically go into. I've used that sort of to look at some of the experiences people have and talk about some of those things and kind of break it down for them, because a lot of people struggle with what they go through and they don't understand what happens to them physiologically in those situations, whether it be the stress of the situation, and they kind of blame themselves for not noticing this or not noticing that. I don't remember having any other experience other than focusing on what I was hearing at the time when I had my experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just thought I kind of touch based on that, just to see if there's any I guess, correlation to anybody else's experience, because a lot of people say they experience similar things when they do have those encounters.
Speaker 4: I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Touch base on the whole physical, supernatural aspect of these cryptids, Right. I come from a biblical background. Like I mentioned my mom. When I was a kid, I used to go to church and stuff growing up. I didn't understand certain things that I read in Genesis about fallen angels coming down and I'm mating with the women of the earth and stuff like that, which in essence they were spiritual and women were physical creatures. So what's your take on that and how factual do you think that is to the reality of the world that we live in.
Speaker 1: I've talked to so many people who believe that in some way bigfoot Sasquatch are nephelum nepheline. However, you say, it's been difficult for me over the years to relate to that. I just don't see it. That's just my personal opinion. It's totally subjective. I don't have any reason to say that that's not the case. It's just a feeling I guess that I have based on the experiences that I have talked to people. I'm almost five hundred episodes into Sasquatch ot to See at this point, and I've talked to so many people outside of that that don't even make it on the show. I see people want to go to book signings or I go to speak at conferences and people tell me their stories, and I just don't see that being a possibility. It just it sounds like a great story. It is a story, but it doesn't make sense and correlate with some of the stories that I've heard. The majority of stories I've heard, to be honest with you, most of the times, these things are doing very animalistic things. They're in the woods, they're hunting deer, they're building structures, they're doing whatever animals would do. So it's more of April like behavior than anything. Again, I who's to say. I'd love to be wrong. I don't mind being wrong if anybody can prove me wrong.
Speaker 4: But it's just my opinion. I just don't see it.
Speaker 1: I had a guy literally a couple of weeks ago on the show that has caused me a little bit of a story.
Speaker 4: He had that.
Speaker 1: Opinion of these things being Neffelin, and some of the audio that he has recorded in the past, he has felt like he's heard certain words or certain phrases that these things are saying. I think it's really kind of auditory peridolia. I think he's confirming what he believes because he comes from a very biblical standpoint on most things in his life, and we tend to do that. It's confirmation bias. We take what we already believe and we try to fit everything sort of in that square or that circle to fit what we believe. He brought up Jensis. He talked about the Nefel and Daring our conversation. It's a hard road for me to ho. I just can't get there. I believe that there may be something more to these things, but I think they're just a flesh and blood creature if they exists at all. I think there's some sort of a relict tominoid that people are having experiences with.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 3: I also feel like we're in this to kind of seek the truth, right, seek the knowledge of everything that is around us, in our reality, around in our world. So I feel like we're never really as researchers like yourself. You're very experienced, very seasoned in your research, so you just try a tend to look for the truth.
Speaker 4: But for us, I feel like we're very open.
Speaker 3: Right, Like you said, there could be a possibility nobody really knows the truth. I'm the first one to admit, hey, I was wrong. If there's some type of concrete evidence that somebody brings to and they can prove their point. Hey, maybe that's some other way to look at it. So I believe that's great that you have such an open mind about things like that, because, like you say, we never really know. It could be could it could not be? Very interesting stuff there though, So I want to go back. I keep talking about the book because from what I've readen it was very interesting stuff. Can you talk to us about chapter three, Sasquatch History, the Bamban Incident? Am I saying that correctly, the bioin incident Bamban incident. Yeah, can you talk to us about that in detail a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's a very interesting story, and some people say it's nothing more than a story. It comes from Teddy Roosevelt's book. It is something that was supposedly relayed directly to him that he felt strong enough to write in his book. It's basically, in a nutshell, this guy's out on the frontier. He gets killed by what most people believe.
Speaker 4: Is a Sasquatch.
Speaker 1: I felt it compelling that it's one of the most famous things that you'll find in Bigfoot lore. I mean, it's one of the things that people point too often that are trying to confirm.
Speaker 4: The existence of these creatures.
Speaker 1: What's better than saying a US president wrote about this guy who got killed by sasquatch.
Speaker 4: Right, they have to exist.
Speaker 1: If that's your narrative, then that's one of the best stories.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 1: But I felt compelled to put it in the book because it is one of those stories that most people have heard about. I put the Albert Osman story in the book. It's one of the most compelling stories. The Abe Canyon story is top tier when it comes to sasquatch lore. Right, these guys that were attacked in this cabin. Mark Marcel, who was generous enough to give me a couple of great photos. He's forgotten more about the eight Kenyon incident from nineteen twenty four than most of us will ever know, and he provided me with a couple of those photographs in the book. So shout out to you, Mark. I appreciate that. But I felt a compelling to put those in there, because sometimes that's all we really have when it comes to belief in Bigfoot. Right, you just have to take these stories like the Bauman incident, or you take the Ape Canyon story or you take Albert Osman who was supposedly kidnapped by a sasquatch and spend like seven days with these things in the woods right until he made his escape with a snubcan I find those stories very compelling. Some of them are hard to believe. The Baman incident, it could have been anything. I mean, they were out in the middle of nowhere, there were in the wilds. It could have been any creature. It could have been another person that took this guy out. It's interesting that Roosevelt thought enough of the story to include it in his book, because I think he felt at least that's just my opinion. Obviously, I don't know. I felt like he thought there was more to the story. That's why he felt compelled enough to put it in his book. And obviously a lot of years later here in twenty twenty four, I'm still talking about it in my books. It's one of those things that when you deal in anecdotal stories like I do. Sasquatch Outsy is the story based podcast. People who have experiences come on and share their experiences, and you take what you want, you leave the rest. You believe it or not, it is what it is. They're their experiences. But that's one of the things I wanted to talk about in the book to lay the foundation for Look, these things have been happening for a long time.
Speaker 4: These stories are out there from.
Speaker 1: Years and years and years ago, whether it was Roosevelt's time, whether it was nineteen twenty four with a canyon. The Osman story happened almost simultaneously in the same time that the Ape Canyon story happened. And these things have continued throughout the fifties is when you started having Jerry crue and Bigfoot was coined in sixty seven. You have the Patterson Gimlin film. Yeah, and it's continued to happen throughout history to this very day. People continue to have experiences that they can't explain. When you get to the end of the book, a little bit of a spoiler for you. I know you're not there yet, but people have asked me, people have poked fun a couple of people and a couple of Facebook groups. There's a Coalition for Critical Thinking and Sasquatch Research Group, and these guys are complete skeptics, and most of them are synics when it comes to Bigfoot.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, when was.
Speaker 1: Sasquatch unleashed and how did you find out the truth? Here's the bottom line for Bigfoot and most of all this stuff, when it boils down to it, the truth is really what you choose to believe. Right Your truth is different from my truth. Somebody else might have a different truth.
Speaker 4: It's all up to you.
Speaker 1: You've listened to the stories, you do your own research, you have your own experiences. What you choose to believe is the truth for you, maybe different from me.
Speaker 4: The truth is the truth, whether it's yours or mine.
Speaker 3: Sure, can you walk us through in detail by your UFU experience?
Speaker 4: Are you taking notes? Made? I love it so? Yeah.
Speaker 1: The first experience was when I was sixteen with my mom. We weren't in the same house. We moved out of the haunted house where I had the Bigfoot experience. She'd divorced my dad. We were living there with my sister and me and her. It was during the summertime. She'd went out to the store. Again, We're in very small town. I can't even believe there's a store open. It must have been a convenience store that she went to for whatever reason. But she comes back and my mom walks in the door and she's like, get off the phone. You gotta come outside. She did a nact like that, I'm on the phone, hang up the phone and come outside now, okay.
Speaker 4: Hung the phone up and walk in the backyard.
Speaker 1: And she just walks out and she points straight up and it's almost like a scene out of a movie.
Speaker 4: She's like dead eyes, like wow. So I look up.
Speaker 1: It's like this, I don't know, probably seven to eight hundred foot craft floating in the air, maybe twelve fifteen hundred feet above us. And it's just floating. There's no noise, there's no lights. It wasn't bright metallic. It was like a Matt slash bright metallic. No scenes, no rivets, no nothing, just one solid piece.
Speaker 4: Of metal floating.
Speaker 1: The moonlight is the only light that's reflecting off of there's no other light. It just goes down behind this ridge behind our house and disappears. It's gone, and we're just standing there in awe, like, oh my god, what did we just see? I mean, I don't even know how to describe the feeling that we had at the moment. All Right, I knew it wasn't a plane, it wasn't a helicopter. It wasn't a balloon, it wasn't a blimp. There's nothing that it could have been other than what we saw was this huge metallic craft fifteen hundred feet above us in the air, floating down and disappearing. So my mom's one of those people that she has to have answers. She's kind of like me. She's like, oh no, I'm calling the police. She called radio stations, she called everybody she could possibly call. And I don't think anybody ever saw it. I think, and how could nobody else experience this? We clearly saw it. She's not crazy. I'm not crazy. We saw the same thing. She saw this thing driving home. She was speeding getting home because she was afraid it was going to disappear before she could get somebody else to say, there's this thing, right, So, I don't know, Ann.
Speaker 4: It was weird.
Speaker 1: It was probably one of the weirdest experiences that I've ever had, because there was no doubt it was so close. Fifteen hundred feet is not that far up in the sky. It seems like a lot, but when you're thinking about it, we see planes fly over us at thirty thirty two thousand feet and you can pretty much make out exactly what it is, right, But it's a plane. But this thing had no noise, no lights, no nothing, and it just disappeared behind the ridge behind our house. I've had other UFO experiences since then, but it's been farther off. It's been lights in the sky. The most recent was last October. I went up to Radium Hot Springs in BC, Canada. I was up there for seven days on a Bigfoot expedition with Todd standing at his research area. The second night we were there researching Bigfoot, we weren't really having a whole lot of activity.
Speaker 4: We had some whoops.
Speaker 1: We ended up having rocks thrown at us and some other things. That night we saw UFOs. That night, I looked up in the sky. The sky was beautiful. It's wide open, We're eighteen miles deep in the woods. There's no light pollution. Most beautiful sky I've ever seen. I'm looking up and I see this dot of light and it looks like you could see the planes at thirty thirty two thousand feet flying in formation. We'd see a plane maybe every couple.
Speaker 4: Of hours or whatever. They weren't about thirty thousand feet.
Speaker 1: These things were probably estimate and it's a total estimation. Seventy eighty thousand feet in elevation, and I'm watching these little they're just little balls of light. There was one, then there was two. I mean at one point, I think we were watching twelve. At one time there was three of us watching these lights. We went in and got binoculars. It's all we had.
Speaker 4: We didn't have anything.
Speaker 1: Other than binocular but it was a little bit different than just the naked eye.
Speaker 4: We could see a little bit better.
Speaker 1: There were white and blue balls of light, and I was watching one at one point, and I'm estimating there were probably I don't know, I say eighteen hundred to two thousand miles an hour.
Speaker 4: This thing was moving.
Speaker 1: It's going straight up in the sky. In relation to me. It's going straight up. It stops and makes a left hand turn ninety degrees and shoots off at probably eighteen hundred to two thousand miles an hour. It was the craziest thing I'd ever seen. And we watched these things for hours. We had a shooting star, then another one, and at one point we're standing there were all three focused on this area sky and I see out of my peripheral I guess it.
Speaker 4: Was a meteorite.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's a meteor media, right, I don't know what the right terminology is. This thing comes from left to right, it goes over. We all stop looking at what we're looking at and we focus on the It just explodes into this color. It's just I've never seen anything like this, dude.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: The people are probably like this, what is this dude smoking? I mean, he has got to be on something. But I swear it's the truth. We're there for Bigfoot, right, we don't care about aliens or UFOs. But it was some of the wildest stuff we'd seen that night. Kyle and Richard, who were with me there around the campfire, that were like, this is the wildest thing I've ever seen. I don't know, maybe I've seen this stuff before, but that was a wild night. I've never seen anything like that in the sky. And people are like, oh, yeah, of course it was. You were watching meteors, and yeah, I know what a media, I know what a meteorite is. Oh well, those things that you were watching were probably just satellites. I don't know any satellites that stop in the middle of their trajectory make an immediate left hand turn and go ninety two grees in the opposite direction.
Speaker 4: That did it for me.
Speaker 1: Man, if there was every any doubt about what I was seeing at that point, it could have been a plane. Anybody who was flying that plane would have been crushed like a bug on a windshield.
Speaker 4: That would have been doing.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it was, but it was definitely interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely interesting. Indeed, Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: It seems like these, uh, these experiences have tended to follow you throughout your life. She was like, you're I don't want to scare you, but it seems like you're either curse or bust man, because you could actually talk about these experiences, but following you is kind of a scary thing to think about it.
Speaker 1: It's so funny you said the time there, because let me tell you, when I started my show Sasquatch outa sy I used to say, I was very skeptical. I'm still skeptical when it comes to everything, honestly, even my own experiences. And I would say to people, it's really odd to have people. You have people come on and say, oh, yeah, I've seen Bigfoot five times. Okay, yeah, really, all right, you've seen them five times? Oh yeah, have you ever had a UFO experiences?
Speaker 4: Said?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've seen UFOs mm hmm.
Speaker 4: What about ghosts? Oh yeah, I've lived in a lot house.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking, there's no way that all the stuff's happened to this one person. And I used to go and I'd kind of write them off. And I was talking to somebody. I was actually on another podcast at some point the host keeps looking at me as I tell my experiences. What's funny, Brian, you're that person. You've now had all these experiences, And I'm thinking, oh my god, yeah, I just became that person. So I've never done that since I've always said somebody has multiple experiences. I might lift my eyebrow and I might shake my head a little bit, but I can't doubt it because I've had experiences that I can't explain. I guess it's not uncommon for people to do that. But it's interesting you say that it follows you because I think, again, it goes back to what Preston said, it's so weird, and I think it's more of a mundane explanation that I have experiences with UFOs and I've seen these things that I've seen because I look up in the sky. Most people don't do that, right. I do it when I'm in a car and somebody else is driving. I'm watching the sky and see what's happening. I pay attention to my surroundings. Some of the weird things that I found here on our property and possibly related to Bigfoot in other places. It's because I'm looking for it. I don't necessarily look for ghosts, but I'm open to that. I listen to experiences, and I try to have experiences, whatever they are, and let them play out, and I'm in tune with it. So I think it's probably less of a woo thing of oh yeah, Bigfoot's following you, or UFOs are following you, or ghosts are following you. I think it's more of just being open to the experience. Once you open yourself up to the possibility of these things is being real, the more apt you are to having some sort of an experience with them. Because if you say everything's fake and nothing's happening, what kind of experiences are you really going to have? Unless something slaps you on the face or Bigfoot drags you off into the woods, are you really going to have an experience.
Speaker 3: No, not gonna be open to you, Right, That's how I look at it. No, that's definitely interesting. I think we think the same what a coach. You have to be open to these experiences and open to people's experiences because we're all dealing with things, whether it's physical or spiritual. It's up to you to believe it. What's the truth for you? No one's really gonna know the truth, but what's the truth for you? I wanted to follow up with a question with that. Do you feel like these things out here observing us or what's there agenda?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like they're here to harm us or to kind of just do no harm to us and just let us know that they're here. Like what's your opinion on that?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it would. Are you talking like aliens? Are you talking about ghost are you talking what are were you talking about?
Speaker 3: Well you could go we could talk about the aliens and the cryptids, like do you think they're here to observe us, to let us know that they're here, or to harm us? Because people have had those experiences where they feel like those things are there to harm them or like alien abductions and stuff like that. What's your take on that.
Speaker 1: That's one of those questions I've pondered specifically with aliens because there are a lot of negative experiences people have. Again, I've talked to people. Preston, I had a lady on the show, and her name escapes me. I apologize. She came on the show with the last time I had Preston On and she had experiences Dolly.
Speaker 4: I believe it was her name, Dolly. She'd written a book recently.
Speaker 1: And she had a lot of wild experiences that she claimed that she was abducted early as a child. Her earliest memory was being a baby being abducted by aliens. She's come to a point full circle where they have taught her and she flies alien ships to other galaxies. She's had what she believes to be positive experiences with what people would describe as alien or etes or extraterrestrials. But I said to her, Preston and I kind of got into a little tiff about it because they don't like to use the word, and I say they Preston and Dolly and some other people that I've had experiences talking with that have been abductees they have been abducted from their homes or their cars. You're being taken against your wheel. And my argument was this, I don't care who it is or what it is, whether it's a person or an or a bigfoot or NeSSI or a unicorn. I don't care what it is you're talking about. If something is taking you from your home or your workplace or your car against your wheel without your consent, that is a violent interaction. That's just my opinion. That's abduction. You're going against your wheel. They like to use the word now contact e Preston was like, no, these are contact. Ease with abductee tends to have this negative connotation and I'm like, well it should because you're being taken by aliens out of your house and you don't want to go.
Speaker 4: Sure, I believe.
Speaker 1: There could be some nefarious things going on, because I've had contact with people and talked to people in the past who have worked particular cases, have worked with people that disappeared. There was one particular incident that I can remember. I had an investigator that I was in contact with who had worked with a mother and a daughter who were very afraid for their life because they were having constant activity with what they believed to be extra terrestrials, and he lost contact with them and they have never been found since they were calling him telling him that these things were coming and taking them from their house. If you go on that, I would say, yeah, there's a big possibility that there's probably some nefarious things going on. And here's the other thing that's interesting to me. I had conversations with people who claim that aliens and humans have had interactions for decades. There's rumors and conspiracy theories about US presidents in the past meeting with making treaties with extraterrestrials for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: I have always said.
Speaker 1: This, if you can come and take me through a wall, do you really need a treaty with anybody to just say, oh, we won't do that, Well, only take cows. I don't think so. So that kind of stuff has always sort of been EH. I don't really necessarily buy into that. I think these things can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and I think the bottom line is we're lucky they haven't done more than they already have.
Speaker 4: That's my opinion.
Speaker 1: I still think that it's possible that they may take people and possibly animals for different reasons and maybe bring people back. I know people who have claimed I've interviewed people who have implants in their body today that believe they're extraterrestrial in nature. Why they've done it for so many decades and continue to do it, I don't know, but I think it certainly happens. If you're taking people out of their homes against their will, without their knowledge, putting things in their body without their knowledge and or against their will, I think that's pretty nefarious. And as far as cryptis are concerned, there's plenty of people.
Speaker 4: Who have theories.
Speaker 1: David Polites has written the entire series of I think seven books at this point about the Missing four one one, and although he never says it out loud, he certainly implies that Bigfoot is possibly at fault for some of these disappearances. And so if these things exist, they certainly have the propensity for violence, because we're humans, and any grade epe has the propensity for violence.
Speaker 4: So I think anything can happen.
Speaker 1: But I don't think every one of them is a bloodthirsty killer. I've documented strong worries where people have found bodies that they believe were killed by dog men. I think it's a possibility. Certainly, it's always a possibility if you're just talking.
Speaker 4: About human beings.
Speaker 1: Human beings, by nature can do some very bad things to each other. So I think we're just talking about aliens and cryptids, that is a possibility. I don't think it's necessarily the norm. I think it might be the exception, not the rule, luckily for us, because if they wanted to take us, they certainly could.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: So I want to ask you, what made you write this book? What do you want people to take from this book? What made you do it?
Speaker 1: It's something that I wanted to add to the conversation. I wanted to add my voice to the overall narrative because I think there's so many books out there that just go over and rehash.
Speaker 4: Old theories and old.
Speaker 1: Thoughts on the subject. So I wanted to try to do something that was a little bit more fresh and new, and honestly, the main reason that I did it was to be a voice for scientific reasoning. I wanted to get into some of the science. I wanted to talk about some of the things that we can do as investigators to be citizen scientists, And you haven't gotten there yet you're only on chapter five. You'll eventually get there. In the later chapters, I go into the scientific method. I talk about evidence. I break down the evidence that's out there. I talk about what is evidence, what isn't, some of the best ways to get some of that stuff. I talk about fossilization, why we may not have found a body. I go into the fossilization process. So I wanted to be more of a scientific voice when it comes to bigfoot research and not just rehash old narratives. And I could have done fifteen books on nothing but just encounter stories that people love to read.
Speaker 4: Those are sensational.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, he was in the cabinet and the thing was outside the window. That's great, but it really doesn't move the ball down the field, right. I wanted to push the ball a little bit farther down the field, hopefully with the research, give people that may be looking to get in the subject, maybe into the subject and really don't know how to help push that ball down the field, to give them at least my perspective on how they can do that, and give them a little bit of a baseline.
Speaker 4: To start from. Well, very well put.
Speaker 3: So, before we wrap this episode up, Brian Kidso the audience one more time where they can find you and your work, please.
Speaker 1: Yes, the best way is to a You could search it on wherever you're listening to us right now, on any of your podcast apps Sasquatch Odyssey podcast, I do the True Crime Odyssey podcast, I do that Bigfoot podcast, and I do the Backwoods big Foot Stories podcast. You can find those anywhere you listen to podcasts. But the best place is just go to Piranoworldproductions dot com and you can find us there. You can find it about me section, you can lead me a voicemail, you can.
Speaker 4: Send me an email. You can buy one of the books there.
Speaker 1: I autograph the books if you buy it off the website, and we send those out a couple of times a week. Then you can see all the other shows. Every episode we do. We do blog posts and you can see some cool videos, photos and anything related to the show there.
Speaker 3: Brian, thanks for being on apocalyptic Anomalies for guys to always innovate, honesty and always illuminate the truth.
Speaker 2: Do