Speaker 1: If you've have krc DE talk station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Wednesday. One hour from now Joe Jennita Politano right now, head of the Ohio Republican Party, Alex Trantefilo, to offer his thoughts and comments about Issue one, the jerrymandering ballot issue. Actually it's a constitutional amendment. Welcome back, Alex Tranntefilo. It's always a pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 2: Frank, good morning to you.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure to be on this ballot issue.
Speaker 1: I just reading it, you know, And I talked to the pro issue too guy last week and I made myself deprecating comment. You know, I got seven years of college, a practice law for you know, eighteen years or whatever, another radio for eighteen years, and I'm a member of MENSA, and I still don't get it. It doesn't make any blanking sense. It is the most convoluted process I have ever encountered, I think, regarding the establishment of a so called independent body which will basically do the jerrymandering work that our elected officials are doing. I know my elected officials accountable, well, I can vote against him or her and check them out of office. If I'm unhappy with their conduct, that's not so with this issue. Alex, what's your take on this? Break it down for my listeners who may be even less familiar than I am with the insanity that I find this to be.
Speaker 2: Well, my language is going to be as strong or stronger. This is a scam. It's a scam, and it's a lie being perpetrated to Ohiolands by far left wing special interest groups. And look, you know, Brian, how many times in our life have we heard the words follow the money, right, follow the money of who is supporting this endeavor. It's out there for anybody to look at. There's plenty now of information out there about Issue one. Over twenty five million dollars an out of state special interest dollars are flowing into Ohio for you to see these commercials and for these guys who have gotten and paid people to put this on the ballot. So the money is coming from places like New York and Washington, D C. And San Francisco. And it's a million here, two millionaire, four billion here. Four million of it we know came from a Swiss billionaire who wants to be you know, impose his progressive worldview into places like Ohio. But let's break it down. If this thing passes, if Issue one passes, it will be a fifteen member commission that's totally unelected. You cannot remove this commission. You can't even really talk to them, Brian. Under the current proposal, you can't lobby them. You can't you know, you can't show up and well you can't a public session, but you can't have any communication with them to share your view on what the public lines ought to be us to look like as we're drawing, you know, congressional and state legislative district boundary. So you know, if you can't, I mean, when what world?
Speaker 3: Brian?
Speaker 2: Who lived in the United States? Where you cannot talk to the people setting public policy? We in America are used to electing everything from the school board right in our neighborhood all the way to the President of the United States. If you don't like what the president says, you can protest and talk to him and then they'll take a meeting with you. You can tell him how you feel. In this circumstance, this commission, this fifteen member unelected bureaucracy, will begin drawing legislative boundaries and again, the far left special interest money that's pouring into Ohio will make it so that the Democrats can win more seats. That's the bet, is what this is all about. When you cut through all of the nonsense. This is so that Ohio, for instance, has ten Republicans and five Democrats who go to Washington to represent us and make up the United States House representatives. If they can pick off one, two, three, god forbid, four, five or six more seats for Democrats in Ohio, they can make Hakeem Jeffries the Speaker of the House. So this is a much much bigger play than just Ohio. This has everything to do with national politics and empowering the Democrats in Washington, d C. To take the speaker's devil. That's plain and simple. That's why every Republican, in every Republican I know of an America and any position of leadership, Donald Trump has come out as.
Speaker 3: A no Mike the Wine, right.
Speaker 2: Those two guys don't always agree on everything, right, But the bottom line is both Republicans both strongly against this. Every single Republican elected official in this state, every single legislature. This is a terrible plan. And now it's finally coming out, Brian, and I'm sorry, I'm on my soapbox here, but now it's coming out. This is the woman who actually served on a similar panel in Michigan against She was part of a panel Michigan did this already. It was a total failure, got struck down by the courts. She's public today and I would urge you in Brian out Texas, PA, that you can share it. It's in the Toledo Blade. She came out very publicly and said, do not do this in Ohio. And you know what her main argument was, this split up African American communities because they have to jerrymander the lines to meet a proportionality requirement, which means that they have to jerry mander to squeeze Democrat districts out of currently Republican districts the neighborhoods. So what happened in Michigan is they lost African American representation. And the African American community rose up in Michigan and said, you're stripping us of members of the African American community that are serving in the legislative bodies. So this thing is just a disaster for Ohio. I was on a bus all of last week at thirty different counties campaigning against it. We're going to spend the next three weeks educating Republicans, Independence and Democrats alike that Issue one is bad policy, and we're urging.
Speaker 3: A no vote Boston.
Speaker 1: I'm going to bring it back because I've got a couple of soundbites for the pro Issue one. They sound nice and tasty and appealing, but I think the reality when you peel back the thin veneer of the arguments is the polar opposite. We'll let Alex elaborate more. We bring them back after this quick word from my friends friend Susette loads Camp, and she's friends.
Speaker 3: She's such a nice lady.
Speaker 1: You could there's no way you'll have anything but a great experience when you're talking with Suzette loads Camp about mortgages, buying a house, Call suz want to refile your house? Get some equity out? Call Suzette, you want to learn about some of the programs that are out there if you're thinking about buying a house or refinancing the USDA program in program she knows all about it. Sus at Low's camp in edition having the best possible customer service. She also probably has more knowledge and experience than anybody in the business, with more than thirty five years and being with Cross Country Mortgage, so that can help you regardless of which state you're in. I got listeners New Hampshire. I got Mississippi James when he's down in Mississippi. I got friends in Florida, the call in regularly. I got folks all over the place. All of you can work with Suzette for mortgages, and please feel free to call or she'll get right back with you. And little icing on the cake. Never a junk fee, never an application fee. It's just great rates at a low cost. Here's the number five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six center an emails should get right back to you that way as well. Suzette dot Low's Camp spilled los Ekamp, Suzette dot Low's camp at CCM dot.
Speaker 4: Com fifty five KRC Jenn and I, one of the forecasters say, we have a sunny day to dayble to high fifty four clear of a night, down to thirty five with frost, sunny mo sixty two clear of a night with fross thirty seven to low sixty eight will be the high on Friday.
Speaker 3: Sunny sky. It's thirty six now.
Speaker 5: Traffic time from the UCL Tramping Center mammogram say vibes called five one three five eight four paint Discusior. Your annual mammogram went to UC Health expert team. That's five one three five eight four paint northbound seventy five close to an extra half hour. Things too were wrecked near Dixie Highway. There on the left shoulder. Traffic backs into Florence northbound two seventy five. There's an accident empty you get past twenty eight in Milport. Adding the heavier traffic towards loved One inbound seventy four backs past Montana Schuck Ingram on fifty five k R see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty Here I fift about KERRC the talk station. Brian Thomas happy to have the Ohio Republican Party Chairman Alex Chranthapila long talking about Issue one. It is a constitutional amendment which is problematic in and of itself. But the thing is that the language of the ballot initiative is longer than the entire Constitution of the United States of America from what I've read, but more fundamentally, the ads in favor of Issue one, they keep politicians out of the process.
Speaker 3: And they're not a.
Speaker 1: Politician, an elected official is not even allowed to serve on this so called independent committee, are they, Alex.
Speaker 2: I know, you know this is something like this is like the Affordable Care Act or the Inflation Reduction Act. They did the opposite, Brian. You know, we all know as Americans. This is what politicians do. They label something one way. They call this anti jerrymandering. In fact, it's not. It is jerrymandering. The Ohio Supreme Court looked at Issue one and the language and said this can reasonably be called jerrymandering because that's what it is. Yeah. So the important part of this though, and you just hit on it, and I want to answer your question directly, is that's right. None of these people are elected to these jobs. They're totally unaccountable. It's an unaccountable bureaucracy, and it is. It's thirty thousand words. It will nearly double the size of our state constitution. So it's Look, it's a scam, left wing power grab. It's designed to build off of what you know people's general anxiety with jerry mandering, and jerry mandering is not a positive thing for Ohio. We've passed anti jerry mandering protections in the state, Brian by seventy percent of the vote in both twenty fifteen and twenty eighteen, So we have tackled that. There's more work to do. There always is, you know, I Brian has said to everybody around the state. You know, I'm a Republican, I'm a conservative. I always think government can improve. We ought to do a continuing improvement process in everything. So can this process be improved? Sure it can, So can everything else, especially in the world of government. This is not that this is a left wing power grab and it's being sold to ohiolands is an anti jerrymandering provision, when in fact it will put jerry manner there into the state constitution.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you know my initial point really, and I don't disagree with anything just said, but might we want someone who has been an elected official at one point to be on the committee since maybe they have information that might help in this process. They exclude entire categories of folks. Someone had told me, and I never did was able to verify this. Maybe you can that if you served in the American military, you're not eligible to be on this panel.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's arguable that you cannot, and that issue may be litigated. But yeah, because you know that's a person who's previously been in government in some capacity, that person may not be able to serve. A police officer may not be able to serve.
Speaker 3: That could be a qualifying thing.
Speaker 1: Though again, you know, the world's filled with all kinds of people from a broad, broad spectrum of incomes and political philosophies, and we could go on and on. Just to exclude someone simply because they have held elected office or served in the American military, to me, is just absolutely arbitrary and ridiculous. But then again, you know, I talked to the guy who was pro Yes last week and he said, well, it's worked in other states. And there's that word work. What does work mean? Isn't that based on a subjective opinion of what worked for you or your political party. Hey, we got a bunch of Democrats elected to these other states.
Speaker 3: It worked, that's what they mean. They mean it worked to.
Speaker 2: Elect Democrats, because that's what this is all about. You know, Brian again just for thirty seconds. Here. What's happened in Ohio over the last ten years is the state is now a more republican state. It's not a more republican state, by the way, because of a demographic shift. It's a more republican state because of the leftward shift of the Democratic Party. This state has changed politically because the Democrats have changed. I've been in this state my whole life. Probably you have too, Ohio, and I've gotten to know it even better over the last couple of years being our state chairman. I can tell you this state hasn't changed. So the population hasn't shifted. The Democrats went so far of the left, Brian. They talk about social issues all the time. They're not talking about things like inflation and crime and common sense kitchen table issues that affect Ohioans and Americans. They're talking about this crazy stuff like sports and you know, stuff that has nothing to do with the kitchen tabush. So Ohio went read, Ohio went red, and under Donald Trump he helped make it read. So now we've won a lot of races in Ohio. And this is the Democrats answer. It's to try to put issue one in the law into our Constitution so they can start to win elections and gain power both in Columbus and in Washington DC. This has nothing to do with good government, has nothing to do with citizens in this process.
Speaker 3: It's all to use.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden's word, malarkey indeed, and then the other things. There's a political spectrum out there. I know you're aware of this. I'm painfully aware of it. Even within the Democrat Party, the Republican Party, there is just such a wide, wide birth in terms of what people believe in, what their values are, what they think the policies of the party are. But then again, you've got a lot of independence out there. The guy in the program, the Vote Yes guy, said seventy percent of Ohioans are independent, and like scratching my head, going R well, he just based his pulling off of the primary voting. And we all know how skewed that is and how weird that is compared to a general election. In the final analysis, at some point in this convoluted process, they're gonna have thirty Republicans, thirty Democrats, and thirty independents. And I was like, well, what is an independent? You could have communists, you have Green Party people, you could have literally anybody across the entire spectrum of politics all the way over to some clan member. In terms of politics, how are you going to determine who gets to be within the thirty so called independence or you know, considering the broad spectrum of politics on either side of the R and D same thing. I mean, it's just it's it's sort of like, well, no, it's going to be evenly balanced.
Speaker 3: That does not answer the question, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that that individual clearly doesn't understand the highest voting rules. First of all, there's no such thing as a registered Democratic or registered Republican in Ohio. What happens in Ohio is you select your party primary ballot in open primaries. So, if you Brian, you committed you conservative leaning or liberty meaning conservative as I knowed you to be, did you decided you wanted to be a Democrat? All you have to do is walk into the polling location saying I want a Democrat ballot. That doesn't you're not registered with any party, you don't know any allegiance. So this guy was wrong when he said seventy percent of the Highlands were independents. I look at this data every single day. I look at it more more than that this time of year, and there's there are very few actually people that are considered independence. Ultimately, when you look at the balloting, and some people may consider themselves that that they're voting, trends show them to be in one party or the other. But you've also nailed another important component of this thing, and that is when you draw these lines proportionally according to its language, you must draw them by political affiliation, right Bran. That is the definition of Jerry Man.
Speaker 1: I know, I know anyhow, and the formula to get from here to there is so crazy. I don't know, Alex Chranth, I feel I can't think enough. If if all the Republicans get the message, and I imagine you would strongly encourage every one of my listening audiences to spread the word on this to their Republican or Conservative leading friends. Did an outright know on issue one, the way the state is trending, Trump's ahead, I think eight points or something. Bernie Moreno, actually I think is ahead. The most recent memo internal memo within the Republicans. If everybody would vote know on this, we would be okay if the state goes the direction it's currently going.
Speaker 2: That's right, then I would urge people to read the language to the language is very clear about what this does. And thank god Republicans on the ballot board and both on the Supreme Court, you know, put the appropriate language before Ohio voter. So look read the language.
Speaker 3: You'll see.
Speaker 2: It puts jerrymandering into our constitution. It puts an unelected bureaucracy in charge of the process that affects your life. It's a no vote on Issue one. Tell all your friends follow us on social media. We've done a ton of social media on this, on Facebook and Twitter. It's on our website as well. So don't believe all those ads. Those ads are twenty five million dollars of out of state money pouring into Ohio trying to convince Ohilands, you know, just to see it their way.
Speaker 3: So ignore all that vote.
Speaker 1: No and look at the list of those who the endorsed organizations who have endorsed Issue one. It's a litany of unions and left wing organizations top to bottom, Alex Trantefila ahead of the legal women.
Speaker 2: Voters being first among them. That's a left wing intro scoop. And don't be pooled by that left Legal Women Voters is a far left interest group, so again, don't be fooled by them either.
Speaker 3: So thank you.
Speaker 1: That's just one of a whole bunch of them too. Thank you Alex Chrantefila out of the Republican Party here in the state of Aye. We'll talk again. Keep up the great work, and thanks for the time you spoke my listeners of me today seven forty nine here I fifty five KCD talk station. Got a kitchen you want to remodel? Kitchens are hardly home. We spend a ton of time in our kitchen. I would say the kitchen probably the most lived in area in our home. And that's the heart of the kitchen, which is like a great gathering place. You're cooking, you're talking, communicating, maybe sharing the cooking experience, or just sitting around the dinner table right there. If you have an eating kitchen like we did, we love our kitchen. Thanks to press egent Tiers. John Ryan is pressed Egonteriers and he's got about thirty and more than thirty years, probably more like thirty five years doing exclusively kitchens, at least for the most part, your true partner from initial design to final installation. The guy's done so many kitchens. He can envision wonderful things from your kitchen right when he walks in the door, sit down, talk with you about ideas that you've got. His ideas for your space, better flow form and function storage. He'll bring it to h and stay within your budget, but he'll bring it all together and you can count on him. He's with you every step of the way. So count on John. Talk with him. You want to do a small project or a huge project. Either way, he's seen it all. A plus with a better business bureau. Tellm Brian said, Hoiving you call five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two to nine. Check him out online Prestige one two three dot com fifty five krc