Speaker 1: It's nice Eye.
Speaker 2: Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: Well, I really enjoyed the last hour with author Lou Ferrante. Again. His trilogy of books have been released. And the first book that came out came out earlier this year and it's called The series is called Borgota b O R G A T A UH. And the first one came out early this year. It is called Rise of Empire. The second one, which will come out later this year or January. The latest is called Clash of Titans. And there will be a third book as well. But if you're a if you like organized crime, these are the books for you, particularly if you're looking for something for your library. This is this is something that's going to be historical as well as entertaining, which is kind of tough sometimes. Okay, Now, I wasn't sure we're going to do in the third hour tonight, the fourth hour, i should say, and I have just decided disappearing. Just going through some recent headlines. To the surprise of some, including me, Former President Donald Trump has saying tonight that there will not be another debate against this Democratic rival. Vice President Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris Harris has called again for another debate. As a matter of fact, she called for debate very quickly, or her campaign called for a debate very quickly after their first debate ended. Trumps former President Trump says claims he won the first debate with Harris. I disagree with that. I think that she won that debate very clearly. He is saying there will be no third debate. He of course counts the debate with Joe Biden back in June, and so that would be his third debate. I get that, I understand that. But he said there will not be another debate against his Democratic rival, Vice President Harris. He posted in truth Social he claimed he won the first debate, and he cited as evidence the fact that Harris's campaign had challenged him to another debate, basically saying that why would he want to rematch. I gotta tell you, I have no idea what the polls are going to say Monday or Tuesday or Sunday. The posters, all of them, you know, the posters who we rely upon. Dave Paleologus, Spencer Kimball from Emerson, Dave from Suffolk. John John Zogby posted John Zogby there, I'm sure all in the field So I'm going to throw this question out to you, folks. Are you surprised that President Trump, who I think now needs a rematch, has decided not to participate. Now, I guess he has on occasion changed his mind, So this might not be his final answer, but he's he's putting it up as his final answer tonight and saying there will be no third debate with Kamala Harris. I it mystifies me. So I'm going to open up the phone lines six one seven, two thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. If you were Donald Trump's advisor and and if Donald Trump would listen to your advice, which is a big if. What advice would you give the former president? Did he lose so badly that he doesn't want to get back on stage with the vice president? Or does he really in his own mind think he won that debate thinks he won that debate. So I'm going to open up these phone lines. It's going to start off with my friend Gary and Wooburn. Gary, thanks for checking in first, so you get to go go first, Go right ahead, Gary, What do you think the president's wise decision would be? Is he doing the right thing here? In your opinion. I assume I'm making an assumption, although I'm not quite convinced of it, that he hopes to still win this race.
Speaker 1: He has nothing to prove, make her and the Democrats suffer. They're the ones that to call for another debate. Donald Trump can call debates all day long because he loves to be in the sunshine with all the reporters. He loves to be in the limelight. But it sounds like they want the debate more than he does because they need to prove more. Because let's face it, what's the one thing that Tamala Horris should be doing a set an attacking the Trump saying oh, well, you're a fella now. She should be saying what they want to do for the country and so forth, instead of attacking him and all the bad parts of his attitude and so forth.
Speaker 3: Agree, No, I disagree. I think that that debate hurt him on Tuesday night. I believe that when the polls sort of settle out, let's see where the polls are next Monday or Sunday again, that they're in the field now. They were neck and neck before Tuesday night. If Kamala Harris, the vice president does not get a three or four or five percentage point bump, I'll be very surprised. I mean, I think that she that she wanted. Who do you think won the debate on Tuesday night? Do you think Trump won the debate?
Speaker 1: Well, I actually didn't see the debate myself, So.
Speaker 3: You are one of the most honest callers I have, so thank you very much. I think if you go back and watch it, he was frustrated, he was angry, he was undisciplined. She was the happy warrior she now, she ducked a lot of questions. And I think that the moderators fact checked him five times. I think that's the consensus, and they never fact checked her. And I know he can complain about that. But if he didn't make statements that that you could fact check right away. I mean, if if he made a statement said, look, the gross national product of Bulgaria is only seven you know, you know, two trillion dollars, or they can't fact check that. But when he says there there are some states where you can kill babies that have been that have already been born, that's not true. In fantaside is illegal in every state in the United States of America. Why why do you go why does he go that extreme and say something that that is so outlandish in my opinion?
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, definitely going over my head right now. So I'm gonna end this phone call, but I'll say it like this. You're making great points, and you probably know more than I do now, but I'm going to give you a little analogy. Okay. I saw a lady friend of mine fifty years old. She just lost a job and uh for personal reasons, because she's got our personal problems with her family. And I looked at her, I said, well, you better hope it becomes to a Republican president because she's about to go on welfare and some food stamps. Because let's face the facts. You know this as well as I do. And if we keep on doing what we're doing right now with bringing him more people into the United States, how is it going to look in the next two to four years?
Speaker 3: Dan Ray, I think the point I think if he emphasized those points in the debate, if you were his debate advisor and he would listen to you, and he emphasized those issues as opposed to debating whether or not he has big crowd, small crowds or whether the crowd stayed for the entirety of I mean, she she just she gave him a tickle. She he just responded. He just couldn't. He had he took debate every time Gary.
Speaker 1: She looked, he did. He did. But then again, she shouldn't. It shouldn't be like that. She should be coming up strong by saying what she wants to do for the country. Was she doing that at all?
Speaker 3: Well, yes, she certainly did, in broad philosophical terms, talk about how she was going to do this and she was going to build the middle class up, just like President Biden is. But she did more than enough of that. Uh you, I would like to have seen more specificity. He should have continued to ask her, why have you changed all your positions? He had a wealth of opportunities that he frittered away, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, okay, you many great point. And last thing, if I may say, is this, Dan Ray, I'm hanging up with you. Who do you want as the next president. I don't want to hear about third or fourth people. I want to hear it between Paris or Trump. Who is going to do better for the country. Thank you? Good time will leave that.
Speaker 3: Question hanging in the air. Everybody should answer that for themselves. Thank you for the call. Gary six one seven, two, five four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Your reaction to President former President Trump's decision tonight not to participate in a second debate with Vice President Harris. I think it is a huge mistake. Now, maybe he feels that he cannot deal in a in a in an extended format with the vice president, and maybe he feels that he has to cut his losses. I guess that's one way to look at it. I'd love to know what you think. We're coming back on night Side all the way into midnight. We were thinking about doing open lines, but this is too good a story, uh to. I can't ignore this story. I think it's a huge mistake on his part. I don't understand the strategy. Maybe you can can, Maybe you can persuade me or show me what his strategy is. Gary tried. Feel free coming back on.
Speaker 2: Nightside now back to Dan ray Line from the World the World night Side Studios on w b Z the news Radio.
Speaker 3: It's good right back. The phones will take him as they come. Let me go next to Bill and Lexington. Bill, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Hey, Davi. How are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing fine. Bill, I hope you're doing as well. What do you make of Donald Trump's announcement tonight that no mass.
Speaker 1: Mixed messages, Dan, I don't know how fear of sick he gets. I'd be a little skeptical about what I said if those the people almost killed me. I don't know. It's a tumultuous time in politics right now. It's not what I was used to growing up. And I think if Donald Trump was going to go out and say what he needed to say, people would hate him for it.
Speaker 3: But they didn't. They didn't hate him. After the debate that he had with Joe Biden, Bill, he was he was calm, cool and collected, and I just.
Speaker 1: I think there were too many unanswered questions on her pot.
Speaker 3: Right then. I think you might be right, there were a lot of questions that you avoided. You're correct on that. But the point that yeah, I mean, the point that I'm trying to make is that he frittered away all the opportunities that he had to point that out. I mean, he.
Speaker 1: Understandable, and I don't know was he shaken. I don't know, I know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean we talked about, you know, immigrants eating dogs in Ohio.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and so from from what I've read a little bit and had some discussions with friends and whatnot, it's not necessarily pets in those areas. But there are immigrants in those areas going to duck ponds and killing ducks at the point of leaving them take them home or wherever. And I don't believe they have homes.
Speaker 3: But well, here's the thing. I know nothing about Springfield, Ohio. I know that there is stuff on the internet, and I know that I think it was I believe it was Fox Today who had a reporter in Springfield, Ohio. And apparently there's been a lot of Haitian immigrants who have settled in Springfield, Ohio, and it's caused you know, problems or unless you would expect, and some people are very unhappy as you might expect. But to take it from you, just tell us what's going on. I mean, why do you have to sort of talk about people's dogs. I just thought it was insanetand.
Speaker 1: I like his policies, but sometimes when he says is just so off the wall. I agree the build.
Speaker 3: You like his policies, You're probably going to vote for because of his policies that people who were in the middle who might say, Okay, things were better when he was president things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean in twenty twenty, the interest rate was two point seventy five. A gallon gas average was a dollar eighty nine. No, those those they can't explain why. That's why those have come up so high. Now. It's manipulation in the mid If he.
Speaker 3: Had made the points, you just were a family show.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, I apologize. I'm so sorry. That's That's what I'm tsk to be with him, is that that he has the points to speak on, but doesn't speak on them enough.
Speaker 3: Like, let me ask you, do you think that down deep? Do you think that down deep deep in his psyche? Maybe he doesn't want to win the race.
Speaker 1: They very well could be. He's an old man at this point and a very well one could be.
Speaker 3: I don't know to see what other people have to say. Hey, Bill, I appreciate him, yep.
Speaker 1: Is he scared? I mean he almost got killed. Is he scared? Now?
Speaker 3: I guess I don't I don't know, I don't know. He didn't look like a candidate who was who was anxious to win. On Tuesday nine, he looked he just sort of morphed. It was just as Joe Biden was different from the State of the Union to the debate. He looked like a totally different person. This was he carried himself with some style and some class in dignity. I mean, the best line he had was on Joe Biden. He said, Well, I don't know what he just said, and I don't think he knows it either. And I think that he encapsulated Biden's performance perfectly.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's you're right. He was, uh, who you was a year ago or two years ago? Whatnot? And it's a very very manto his face. And I just think that we need to look what's better for us.
Speaker 3: If you're still with it, I get it. I get it pretty much. Bill.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your time. Damn, have a good night.
Speaker 3: You'll talk to you soon. Hey, let me go to Patrick in Chiles down. Patrick, welcome, How are you, hey?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 4: We'll up. How you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing fine. What's what's your take on all of this? Patrick? I'm sure you followed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little bit I want to speaking.
Speaker 3: Phone because if you could get off the speaker call, it would be a lot better.
Speaker 1: I apologizing for that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, no, no, no problem. I just want I want my audience to hear what you have to say. So go right ahead.
Speaker 4: I know I said. When I'm waiting, sometimes I put it on speaker phone.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 4: The one problem that I have with you We're gotten Trump is that twenty sixteen I listened to here.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 4: Man, you will beat the drum for his policies on stopping immigration at that time, right now, all these years later, Dan, you point out his character flaws. We all know his character flaws. It's not news.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: We we are an emergency life and death situation for our country from a policy perspective, and he's the only one who's gonna do anything about it. Dan. Sometimes it feels like to me, you would prefer a batman villain who had who's going to offer you a martini on the rocks, and is polite and well dressed and well smoked, spoken, fresh, freshly shaven as he takes the country away from you. That guy's flawed.
Speaker 1: So am I?
Speaker 4: So are you dead? No offense, We're all okay.
Speaker 3: No problem. Let me let me, let me try, and I might not be successful. Let me try to explain to you what I believe when I am here. First of all, if you listen to my show, and I know you do, you know that I am very much opposed to illegal immigration. There's no question about my position on that. You and I agree on that, and I've done shows on that, and many of my more liberal friends criticize me for that. I want to see more legal immigration in this country, and we've been through this Patrick, But for those who haven't heard us talk about this before, I want more legal immigration. I want to know what people are going to do when they come here. I've said it a million times. We need new people coming here, but they have to come here legally. So on that issue, I support him and he's done great work on it. As a matter of fact, Kamala Harris now is saying some of her ads, she's using pictures of the Trump Wall. So you're right, You're right on all of that on some issues. But when you look, in order for him to win election, he has to get two hundred and seventy electoral votes. Do you think he helped himself on Tuesday Night towards that.
Speaker 4: Goal, and the answer is no. But I have a different diagnosed it differently than you. Go ahead, and so my diagnosis is that this has been a problem for the Republican National Committee for decades and that they consent to go into It's like the Red Sox going into Yankee Stadium for Game seven in two thousand and fourth. The deck is stacked against him every single time he steps into a debate stage held by one of the major mainstream liberal networks. Why would you ever, as the Republican National Committee or presidential campaign, ever agree to debate in one of these forms? They fact checked him thirty one times, fact check Harris one time. Even Jake Tapper from CNN, no conservative, has been ripping ABC for their unfairness all day long New York's Times Today.
Speaker 3: I was Tapper and Dana Bash in June fear to President Trump during the debate with President Biden, former President.
Speaker 4: I thought that they were more fair, more fair than any recent history, including Chris Wallace, who's a Rhino, a Republican in name only, more fair than Chris Wallace was in twenty twenty, for sure, But I don't think this one was fair, And I would ask your audience, for your entire audience, all intelligent people. Was Trump treated fairly in that debate? And then number two, if he wasn't, why should he ever allow them to do that to him?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 4: Again, you should never consent to a debate under these circumstances. And it's been a problem for years. A New York Times article today, here's the title of it. Pundits said, I don't know if you're a pundit, Dan. I think you're a little smarter than a pundit, pundit said Harris, and you're a little more honest. Pundit said Harris won the debate. Undecided voters weren't so sure. That is on the New York Times. I saw that article right now. So what's going on is typical of the lamestream media is that they get their candidate out there, they throw softball questions, they don't cross examine them when they go off at a tangent like Tamala Harris did about the state of the economy, and then they have their army of so called journalists published papers that say that their candidate won and that Trump lost, and they point out Donald Trump's character peculiarities, for the ten thousand times. Don't you get it? People on the left, we know his flaws, we know that we want his policies. Don't you get that? You're not going to win another voter by pointing out Donald Trump's flaws because yes, well worse than us.
Speaker 3: Patrick. I think that has been an effective strategy. I can tell you this, okay, that that I don't think that that Donald Trump's performance and Tuesday Night won him any voters. I don't know, maybe someone, Maybe we could find someone, but I can tell you there's a lot of voters who probably looked at that on on Tuesday Night and said this guy is so.
Speaker 4: I have one question, point, Dan, if you were in charge of the publican National Committee, are you a choice over presidential Trump's campaign to consent to another debate? Would let's say, pick your poison CBS would you do it? Would you do it with NBC? Would you do it with MSNBC? They're never going to allow Fox to do it? So would you would you consent? I know your answers. No, would you consent to it?
Speaker 3: At this point in his campaign, he has no choice. If I were Trump, I would say I want to do a debate I want to do a debate on Fox. I want Brett Behar and Marshall McCollum, professionals to handle the debate. And I think that Bear and.
Speaker 1: McCollum excellent choices.
Speaker 4: Democrats would never agree to that.
Speaker 3: Dan, Well, here's the thing. At that point, then then that would high. He could say. Look, I did a debate on CNN with Jake Tapper and Dana Bush. I think they're professionals. They handled it fairly. I have the same confidence in whoever you know. I wouldn't say Sean Hannity. I think I think Bret Bear and McCollum McCollum would be fair uh, both of them. That's my That would be my response. Do you asked me what my response was.
Speaker 1: That was a good response. I liked it.
Speaker 3: And then hey, I got I got a newscast coming at me, and I got to get out of the way of the newscast. Thank you, Patrick, appreciate you cop have a great one. Coming back on night Side only. Line open is six, one, seven, four, ten thirty dial quickly. It just failed. Coming back on night Side.
Speaker 2: Night Side with Dan Ray, I'm Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: Back to the phones, we go we'll get it. We're gonna pick the pace up just a little bit here, Dan and Hampton, New Hampshire. Dan next on Nightsicker right ahead.
Speaker 5: Thanks Jan. This makes three weeks in a row for me. Anyways, what I saw the other it's not about a character flow or any of that. This man what I saw as a man who has just lost total touch with reality. I mean some of the things he was coming out with, how you know, like if she's elected, we'll have no country, Israel will disappear in two years. He's just he's lost it. And I don't know why people can't see that.
Speaker 3: Well. I think a lot of people believe, and you'll hear them tonight, that things were better for the country under Donald Trump and from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty one. I mean, nobody was responsible for COVID. You can't blame either Donald Trump or Joe Biden for COVID. I think both administers did as best they could under the circumstances to one get a vaccine and then pull the country out of it. They were economic consequences that were enormous. They and and I think that I would give both of the administrations when when you considered what we were dealing with a lot of credit in my in my opinion, But there were people who say, gee, you know, he did a good job as president. Now again that's eight years, four years ago at this point, and you know, you don't have to agree with that, but there's a there's a segment of people who will say, hey, we were doing better. I mean, do you think the country is better off today economically or internationally than it was four years ago?
Speaker 5: I think four years ago, what uh where the country was was? Yes, we were I was wearing a mask four years ago.
Speaker 3: That Let me ask you this, that doc.
Speaker 5: No, it's not Donald Trump's fault.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 5: What I'm trying to say is that he really believes he won. That's why he doesn't want Mother de bate. He believes he's won. And look at the people he's surrounding himself with, that whack job lady with all the conspiracy theories that oh, I don't know her name, you've seen a Luna Laura or whatever whatever her name is. She's with him all the time, watch the news. She's right by him all the time. He had that congressman, that whack job from Florida, advising him.
Speaker 3: Matt Gates, Mad Gates.
Speaker 5: Mad Gates, He asks, if you ever watch the they refer to him as the Joon O'Ryan of Congress, and he's only got he will only listen to people around him that agree with him. Let's say, yeah, you're right, you're right, you're right. But for him to lose it for her just saying something on about his crowd size, that's when he came back with Israel. Israel would would disappear? She gets selected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, look, I understand exactly. I was simply trying to explain to you. It's like, I don't know how else I'm sitting here as a talk show host, and I have a pretty broad audience, and I'm not here to disparage other people in this audience. There are people with whom I agree and people with whom I disagree. That's what this show is all about. I'm not going to turn the show into into one or the other. You know. Michael Jordan had the comment when they asked him why he didn't endorse political candidates. He said, Republicans by sneakers too. You've heard that. I want this to be this program to be a place where you can call up right after Patrick, and you know you're going to have different viewpoints. That's That's what I want to try to I want people to understand that you could have have differences of opinion, but we have much more in common than we have indifference.
Speaker 5: Well, I think the pandemic you talked about four years ago. I do think the pandemic, you know, you put the whole world in a bad.
Speaker 3: Spot question no, question no, And.
Speaker 5: I think we've recovered better than most, if not all, of the world from that. So you know when you say, well, you know, gas prices and grocery prices, inflation when you talk about that, well that was worldwide, you know, and this is what Biden stepped into and you know, and things are getting better on those matters. So I you know she can run. I mean, she wants to run as their own woman. There's no question about that.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you a question. And I sometimes do this with people, okay, and I'm sort of I'm being a polster right now. Who was the last Republican you voted for for president?
Speaker 5: The last Republican I voted for for president? The seventh grade count my classroom.
Speaker 3: Was it Republican?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, thank you for your odesty. Thanks Dan, I gotta run, we'll talk to you. Thanks again, keep calling the show. So we go from Dan and Hampton to Susan and Worcester. Susan welcome, How are you hi? Dan?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry that I'm calling again, but you know what, I just want the people out there just to look the two minutes, you know, when they had two minutes to stay with how they feel about the country and everything. That was phenomenal. I went to TikTok one point seven million. It went viral and people were saying, yes, that's right. So I want to just put that all the way. Another thing, do you know who Mark Penn is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know who Mark Penn is. He was Bill Clinton's poster. Yep.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He wants an investigation. He thinks that thing was great with Kamala Harrison ABC. So I want that too. I told you so.
Speaker 3: He criticized he but Penn did, just to be clear, I don't think he said it was rigged. He he felt that the the moderators David Muir and Lindsay Davis were biased. Uh and he felt that that that may be the last time the Republicans, I mean they got to find some people. I thought Jake Tapper and Dana Bash did a very respectable professional rug. Yeah, okay, and that's CNN. That's CNN, which is supposed to be to the.
Speaker 6: Least over this other that you don't like. But it just came over here. Ken said he's calling for an internal investigation into ABC for rigging the presidential debate against Trump. I want to see that because something was you know, come.
Speaker 3: One, by the way, I haven't seen that. If you tell me that, I will accept it. I will try to. I don't know that. That is what he said.
Speaker 6: Then wherever you go to, if your sauce is there, it's true. I'm just looking at it now. Then another thing, you know, I've watched her. She's not fast on her peop. But it seems like every question she was right there didn't even it was scripted.
Speaker 3: Like I said, well, they both knew what questions were going to be asked.
Speaker 6: That, but not the answers did There's well, well, if you.
Speaker 3: Know the questions and you prepare, it's like in college, if you know the questions they're going to be in the final exam, you can have your answers ready.
Speaker 6: It was rigged the Why is pen saying it was rigged against Trump?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 6: I don't? I just don't want to debate.
Speaker 1: What's that in the volt?
Speaker 6: Pretty soon?
Speaker 4: What are we going to do?
Speaker 6: Me volt and still have another debate? He don't need it that the last two minutes that woke up a lot of people that was on the fence. And I love the way he did it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, okay.
Speaker 6: Is half brother. He just endorsed Trump.
Speaker 3: Well, that that's you. That's what if he endorsed Trump in twenty twenty as well? See did that help him?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not trying to burst your bubble. Hang on to whatever whatever hope you have.
Speaker 6: Susan, because I know them. They don't. You don't like the family, just another one?
Speaker 1: Just well?
Speaker 3: Why wait? What that that Wall's family? Okay? And I'm not a big fan of governor Walls. Okay, those were like long lost distant relatives.
Speaker 6: They don't care.
Speaker 3: Got it out. I didn't think you would, Susan. I got I gotta run him up my break. You're always welcome to call. Thank you. Hope you feel you got a fair shakes.
Speaker 6: The biggest foighter we have ever had. That's why we love them there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take Ronald Reagan over Donald Trump and away. We'll talk to you later. Thanks, Thanks Susan, good night, taking a break. Coming right back on Night's side. The only line open right now is the six one seven nine. If you're dolling two five, four, ten thirty, you're getting a busy signal. Try six one seven. We'll try to get you on.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do our best to get everyone in, Okay, so I'm gonna ask everybody to be directed to the point. Next up Darylyn Brunsway in New Brunswick, Canada. Daryl, welcome back.
Speaker 1: How are you hey? Dan?
Speaker 8: I'm doing good. Uh. I appreciated the debate of the night on the radio, not on the TV. Okay, good because you can actually hear it from different components, right yep, okay, listening to the listeners tonight. In the last couple of nights, then it might be a benefit to do another debate because that way the questions that people are saying. People avoided that connect we brought up as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And if I was Donald Trump, I would want to have another shot at this. But maybe he feels that that she's she's she's got his numbers. Like it's like a hockey team. You know, it's a great team, but they just can't beat you know, the the Canadians just can't beat you know, the Maple Leafs. So the Bruins just can't beat someone and whatever I mean, the Bruins have had trouble beating Florida.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: We we've all got the team that we need to beat and right now it's Team Trump between Tim Harris and but the main focus, let's say, America, is the Stanley Cup. Okay, that's what you're fighting for.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's true.
Speaker 8: That's a good it's a it's a precious device.
Speaker 3: And those who was Canadians rooting for in this race?
Speaker 8: What do you think that's it's always the oilers? Oh sorry, the race Okay, I'm looking at it from a point of view as somebody who can run the country and do it well.
Speaker 3: I know who you might support, but I want to know who do you think most Canadians would like to see elected?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 8: I'm only one and I like asking you.
Speaker 3: Though you're a Canadian, you must listen to Canadian sources. Give me a give me your thought. I just want to know you know you my you have my new Brunswick corresponded Daryl, who do you think people in Canada would like to see elected?
Speaker 8: I'm just curious and again I can only save myself.
Speaker 1: I respect the way.
Speaker 8: VP Harris presented herself. Okay, but again, let's have another debate.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm with you now. I'm Darrel appreciated very much. You got to keep rolling. Here'm gonna everybody get about two minutes here at the end of the hour. Thanks buddy, talk to you.
Speaker 1: Soon, Take care, good night.
Speaker 3: Let me go to Will in Long Island. Will go right ahead. Should there be another debate or no?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Uh, I think that he should. But I could understand why I won't because Kamala still doesn't let a lot didn't let a lot of people know who she is really. She spends a lot of time up there making fun of Donald Trump, but not a lot of time telling.
Speaker 1: Us about who she is.
Speaker 9: Everybody knows who he is. That's why the debate performance I don't think is going to hurt him that bad, because we all know how horrible he is.
Speaker 1: That debates. Let's face it.
Speaker 4: Listen, you see me debate a lot of.
Speaker 9: People, including yourself and people on your show, and guests and lawyers and all types of people. I'm just a regular guy from Long Island. When you debate somebody, it's about anticipation, it's about the CounterPunch, It's about knowing what they're gonna say next.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you're.
Speaker 9: Not self absorbed, like Donald Trump and someone starts making fun of your crowd size, you say things like, you know, the country is falling apart, gas prices are through the roof, the world is on fire, the border is a mess, and you're sitting here talking about my crowd size. Are you insane? You've destroyed the country in three and a half years and you're talking about my crowd size. I know they didn't ask you about my crowd size. That's the thing that a politician does. He gets so self absorbed, he gets so offended.
Speaker 1: He has such ego.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the point. He didn't have the discipline. It didn't happen.
Speaker 10: Where was lake in Riley's name?
Speaker 9: Like you're talking about the border, Where was Laken Riley's name?
Speaker 3: Where was But but you didn't expect. You did expect Kamala Harris to invoke Lake and Riley's name. Doesn't Donald Trump?
Speaker 9: Donald Trump, of course you're talking about the border. You're talking where are the anecdotes? When you're self absorbed, you don't think he's.
Speaker 3: Talking about dogs in Springfield, Ohio. And Lake and Riley know the twelve year old girl from Houston, Texas who was killed by the right by the two illegals from Venezuela. Her name wasn't mentioned.
Speaker 9: I remember I remember good presidents debating and they'd always have anecdotes. They'd always have these anecdotes. Neither of them had those. Okay, they're just it was it was like watching I mean, listen, you're talking about fracking with eight hundred thousand fractors in Pennsylvania. You don't bring up the fact besides, she's always been against it. But you don't bring up the fact that she literally sued Barack Obama to stop fracking outside of California.
Speaker 1: It was literally a softball that you were handed in your will.
Speaker 3: Will, You're absolutely right, Will, I got four more I got to get to As always, you've done a great job.
Speaker 1: If you call earlier person in a couple of months.
Speaker 3: I hope, so, I hope.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I'm coming out there.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, man, let me know, all right, talk talk so Joeanne and Waltham. It's getting tied of Joeanne. About a minute is what you got?
Speaker 7: Go ahead, that's all I need. Yeah, I totally agree with what Patrick said right on the on the money, Joe Inn, right, no more debates, Okay, okay, why should he sit there? She wants more so she can insult them some more. Why should he put up with that? Absolutely not? And the only the only true thing she said in that whole debate was she was not Biden.
Speaker 3: You're right on that. Yeah, all right, Joe Inn, thank you much. You did it well, thank you.
Speaker 7: Okay, take care.
Speaker 3: In forty five seconds the best? All right, let me go Bob and Rain and Bob you got less than a minute, go ahead, Bob.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 11: Then I'd be like to bring nine to eleven up a little bit.
Speaker 3: You gotta be quick, go ahead. And we talked for about nine to eleven for two and a half hours last night.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Okay, I'm sorry. Uh So, the damage that the terrorist died on nine to eleven is pales in comparison to the damage that the Biden Harris administration has done long term. The invasion at the border will cost that country billions and billions of dollars trill probably result will probably result in another nine to eleven because these people are unvetted and just that fact alone, and she was the borders are and she did nothing to stop the invasion at the border.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, she drunk, drunk, Bob, Bob, do me favorite, it's late. I got two callers behind you. Call earlier and give you much more time. But I have about thirty seconds for each of these other callers, So let me run. Okay, okay, thank you, uh quickly, David Normal, I can give you thirty seconds and that's it.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, David and Dan.
Speaker 10: All I get to say is what policies, what policies with all these people talking about that are supporting Trump the billionaires three ride in our country, or his his non existing policy for the water. He's all taught, no action.
Speaker 8: All right, you can get it int.
Speaker 3: It in under thirty seconds. Thank you, all right, Dave, earlier, you had more time. Final of the night, Robin Maine, you got thirty seconds.
Speaker 12: Go hey, Dan, do you think anybody votes for Trump because he's a good person.
Speaker 3: I do not think too many people are voting for Trump because he's a good person.
Speaker 12: That's right exactly. They're voting for him because he's an effective leader. Like most corporate you know, you don't have a head of a corporation that's the best person in the world. They're usually the most effective person at the job. I think that's what you miss with him.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, maybe I'm missing the whole thing. And when he gets if he gets elected, I want you to call me and tell me that I missed everything. I was always convinced he would win the nomination or could should win the nomination, but I had doubts about whether he could win a general election. We'll see how that here. You all right, man? Rob appreciated. He was six synct and to the point, I appreciate very much. Have a great one. Talk call early. Give you much more time. Done for the night, Rob Burke's great job. A couple of funny words. You're caught tonight. Thank you very much. Appreciate that. I want to thank Marita. I will thank the callers and the listeners. I'll be back tomorrow. Night are going to be a night side Facebook with Dan Ray in about I don't know two minutes. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rays who passed in February of twenty fourteen or twenty ten, excuse me, fourteen years ago. That's where all your pets are are who would pass day Let me and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See gain in tomorrow night on nights that everyone have a great Friday the thirteenth, but be careful, everybody,