Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty the Bill Handle Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. The Ukrainian forces in one part incursion at the same time. If you swing around, you've got the Russians in Ukraine, so it almost looks like a circle. All right, we're done, guys. I don't know if that made any sense at all. I kind of thought it did, but in retrospect it probably didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 1: All right, good morning Taco Tuesday. Bill Handle here and the morning crew. The A team is here. I don't know what I always call it the A team. I guess the regulars are here. That's what I should say. The regulars are here.
Speaker 4: And lose mister T in this scenario.
Speaker 1: Who's mister T. Well, let's see the A team. Yeah, let me see. Let's look at who has hair? Neil no pity of the pool?
Speaker 3: Yeah me.
Speaker 1: No, uh, okay, it could be any one of the rest of you. Three Kno and Amy and Ann or Ann or Amy. Anyway, Good morning everybody. The day after the beginning of the Democratic National Convention, and last night was I mean, we knew it was gonna happen. I'll talk more about that, but man, it was, you know, the greatest guy who ever lived. Thank you so much for your service, Joe Biden, and terrific, wonderful, selfless. One thing about the Republicans, They're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: He was shoved off the stage.
Speaker 1: I don't agree that it was a coup, but I do agree there were that would tons of pressure stop it, get off.
Speaker 3: You're too old, you're too decrepid.
Speaker 1: They didn't really say that, but there's a lot of bitterness towards Nancy Pelosi, towards Chuck Schumer, certainly towards who else would have been involved, haking Jeffries leadership in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: Get him out.
Speaker 1: He's gonna lose, legitimate, he's gonna lose. And so come on, guys, you know, thank you. But there there was this hay geography written last night about Joe Biden. All Right'm gonna talk more about that a little bit later on. We've got Tech Tuesday coming in. But a quick hello, starting Kono, we'll say hello to you, yes first, Hello, Yes, first, Neil, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, he's easily tickled. Good morning, Willie Wolf.
Speaker 1: Yes, good morning, and there's ann good morning.
Speaker 2: Yay.
Speaker 1: Last, By the way, we should do it in alphabetical order, so who goes first? Well, yeah, you know, and then and first names. Sevadra is down at the bottom, and we've got kno with a k JK.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: When do I say I'm very bad at this? When do I say hello to myself?
Speaker 4: Year after and the morning?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we might as well get to it, because there's so much going on.
Speaker 3: Oh what's the weather like today? Amy, I didn't pay attention.
Speaker 4: Because today's the hottest day of the week.
Speaker 3: Oh fantastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, about ninety for maybe even low nineties for the La Basin and then up over in triple digits in the valleys and the Inland Empire.
Speaker 1: You know. And every morning after the show, I take a walk. I have now started to exercise.
Speaker 3: I walk an.
Speaker 1: Hour a day, and I'm getting very very strong quads. A few kick dogs that are passing you on a regular basis with your right foot, the quads get a lot stronger. You know that little dogs fly a lot further. It's like a little kickball, all right. Granted their owners get a little upset, but hey, exercises exercise.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys ready to do it?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: Sure, handle on the news with Amy King, Neil and me lead Starry. It was day one of the DNC last night, no surprise. We knew exactly what Joe Biden was going to say. Yeah, we knew what Joe Biden was going to say. Yeah, we knew what his daughter was going to say introducing him Ashley.
Speaker 3: Yes we did.
Speaker 1: And there was the one I found the most interesting was Hillary Clinton talked about the glass ceiling finally being broken and a ripping to Donald Trump. You know, she said, I was almost there at the glass ceiling, but now we're going to get there. Okay, does anybody really care if it's a woman?
Speaker 3: I don't, one way or the other.
Speaker 4: I don't being a woman.
Speaker 5: I'm like, that's your message, Elector because she's a woman, rights the wrong message.
Speaker 1: I completely agree. I think that's insane. And the fact is, oh wo to be the first black woman. We've already had the first black man. So now we're gonna get a really just upset and exercise about the first black woman.
Speaker 3: I agree with you when we're saying Amy, and what.
Speaker 1: Hillary Clinton left out is it wasn't the glass ceiling, because that wasn't quite as important as the fact that everybody hated Hillary with a passion. Hillary is one of the most disagreeable, dislikable people the world. There are great stories about secret Service agents who in the halls of the residents at the White House. She wouldn't even let them look at her. I mean, she was It's pretty rude.
Speaker 3: And that's multiple sources.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm not just talking about one disgruntled secret serviceman who refused to jump out of the way.
Speaker 2: What these secret service people you're saying wanted to look at her?
Speaker 1: I know it wasn't even a question. She didn't even want good mornings, okay, you know. And it's hard to get secret Service members to say anything. I remember when Pat Buchanan was running and he was interviewed. I interviewed him and he went to another interview in the building when we are Ardmore and the secret Service agent was downstairs at the foot of the stairs and Ardmore, if you remember guarding the place, there was one upstairs, one downstairs, and I go past this woman's secret Service station. I said, so what do you guys think of Pat Buchanan? And she said, oh, we can't say. Of course, we're not allowed to share what our views are. I'm like, come on, there's nobody here, and she said, nah, I'm sorry, we can't do that. So I go, okay, So I start walking out the door and I hear him mutter he's an ale and not and the word was used. Really Yeah, yeah, that was my personal experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can I say one thing about Hillary.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know who her plastic surgeon is, but they are spectacular.
Speaker 4: I think she's mid seventies. Yeah, and I think like Pelosi has a good they all get plastic.
Speaker 3: Surgery, yes, they do, everybody.
Speaker 4: I think that they've.
Speaker 5: Got really good ones. Like you see bad plastic surgery.
Speaker 1: When you see bad plastic surgery, you look at a cleft in someone's chin and realize the belly button that it can get pretty bad.
Speaker 2: But I think it mostly comes from the blood of young children.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go, Well said, okay with that one. I can't beat that one, Neil, so let's move on.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Not everyone's being well behaved at the DNC. They had thousands of protesters out in the streets. Of course, they are far from the United Center because they've got a huge perimeter set up around it, but there was a small splinter group that broke through the perimeter fencing. Four people ended up getting arrested, not a lot, and the police superintendent, Larry Snelling said, we have no idea what they would have done had they gotten to the other side.
Speaker 4: There's a wall of police on the other steah.
Speaker 3: I mean, we know what they wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I think they want to repeat of what happened in Chicago nineteen sixty eight at the Democratic Convention. If you look at footage of that man, it was just crazy out there. The police were called out in mass protesters were beat to a pulp.
Speaker 3: You had on the floor.
Speaker 1: Mayor Daily was ripped into He actually spoke and from the floor Abe Rubakoff, who was a senator.
Speaker 3: I think was he Connecticut, and I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Maybe New York screaming Gestapo tactics are being used in the street today Daily is screaming at him.
Speaker 3: The Chicago seven.
Speaker 1: Were arrested and later they were freed on First Amendment grounds, their conviction overturned by the US Supreme Court. I mean, it was a zoo is one of the it was one of the chapters we don't really want to look at with a lot of delight in our history, and a lot of protesters thought, maybe we can do the same thing. Not a chance, not this time out, No way, all right.
Speaker 2: US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said just yesterday that Israel, Israel has accepted a proposal to bridge differences holding up the ceasefire that is key here and hostage release there in Gaza. He called upon Hamas to do the same. Here's the issue. They haven't heard back from Hamas whether they're gonna be okay with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the problem is is Israel once the hostage is back, the second the hostages come back, at that point, Hamas has no cards anymore and is vulnerable to anything is real. Once Hamas is holding hostages and will not give up its power, which is a non starter, or was for Israel. It's completely crazy. They find another four dead bodies by the way, hostages.
Speaker 2: How many of the hostage six five, five six, It was six that they recovered from the communal area.
Speaker 1: They still think out of one hundred and thirty one, they think, what about ninety are still left alive.
Speaker 3: It's going to be very tough for hamas.
Speaker 1: If it turns out they're not alive and they're can you imagine what kind of animals these people are. They're holding bodies of human beings bodies and will not return them so the families can bury them.
Speaker 3: I don't know, if.
Speaker 1: Any I don't know if any fight in the world where that is happening.
Speaker 3: We're holding onto your body.
Speaker 2: If they are alive, Let's say they have to be fed and give not well, not well, but to keep them alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look at the hostages that have been returned. Some were rescued, some were traded, and they were not kept well.
Speaker 3: They were not well.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens, you know. Do I have any particular faith in this. I don't. But then again I'm the biggest synic that ever lived anyway, so go figure.
Speaker 5: So the charge is murder for two of the four people arrested earlier this month in connection with the shooting death of General Hospital actor Johnny Whacter. Remember he was shot and killed in downtown LA in late May when he interrupted a group who was trying to steal his catalytic converter. So one of the guys is eighteen year old Robert Barcelo, he's the one who allegedly shot whacked in the chest. He was also charged along with a murder charge. He was given a special circumstance charge that could land him in prison for life if he's convicted. Another eighteen year old was also charged with one count of murder, and then the two others involved were charged with lesser charges.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to put my wrap my head around what happened that night, because if you were going to kill someone because they are a witness to the crime, remember that the bartender, his coworker was with him at the time and she was not shot. And so I'm trying to figure out you're caught. You're trying to steal a converter, and then the owner of the car comes up and he turned around with a gun and shoot him point blank in the chest and not shoot his companion and then drive away. I don't understand, you know what the thinking was. Maybe there was no thinking.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was just.
Speaker 2: With Steve Gregory, he said that they were probably just because they were young. They didn't and they were all young, didn't have any handlers with them.
Speaker 3: That they were they just panicked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just not well trained and just kind of reacted unfortunately. All right. The armed wings of Hamas and Islaunchi had claimed responsibility for a bomb blast near a synagogue in Tel Aviv that Israeli police and the shin Bet intelligence agency described as a terrorist attack. A man who was carrying the bomb he died, obviously, and a passerby was injured in the incident late on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the explosives detonated prematurely.
Speaker 3: And that's the difference between.
Speaker 1: Hamas and israelis the concept the premature is a totally different concept among the two.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Okay, we started. What time is it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Look how long I waited?
Speaker 1: Look how long I waited until we went right into depravity.
Speaker 4: Good control.
Speaker 2: Premature comedy, yeah, or premature no comedy, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Going underground to get them back. Bill mentioned this a couple minutes ago. The bodies of six Israeli hostages have been retrieved from Gaza during an overnight military operation in Conunis. Israel's defense minister said that the IDF and ISSA had entered Hamas tunnels in a complex operation to retrieve the hostages bodies. The families of the hostages are saying they were taken alive on October seventh.
Speaker 3: You know, I still can't understand that.
Speaker 1: Why there is not one aid worker, humanitarian aid worker that has ever said there were Hamas militants in.
Speaker 3: Those hospitals, in those schools, tunnels underneath them.
Speaker 1: We have not had one confirmation from any independent source, even though hundreds of workers have been killed. Thousands, tens of thousands of aid workers are in Gaza, and there's no such thing as Hamas militants in that world. They don't exist, they don't.
Speaker 3: I don't understand this.
Speaker 1: I don't And now we're hearing, okay, they retrieved them from Gaza, right the underground what underground tunnels?
Speaker 3: There are no underground tunnels here or there or over there. It's crazy there.
Speaker 1: I mean, the truth, the way the perception of how people see things are just nuts.
Speaker 3: Could just be fear well humanitarian.
Speaker 1: Workers if they speak out and say yes, there were militants underneath that hospital or there was a command center after something has been bombed, you know, is Hamas gonna come and kill them? Is that what they're gonna do. They're gonna take out humanitarian aid workers because they say yes, but there was there was a command center there in the building, and they won't.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard once them saying that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that that's their gig though. They're there not for sides, but to take care of the humanitarian efforts period.
Speaker 3: Well, I have no problem, that's true. I'll grant you that.
Speaker 1: But it's uh, the the what Israel is doing to them, Israel Israel, Israel is at fault. Hey, And I understand that because they are underneath those bombs and those rockets.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 1: And it's the buildings around them that are being attacked, not the ones in Tel Aviv, not the ones in Jerusalem. But at the same time, it's it's two perceptions of reality. It used to be that we would have one perception of reality. You could take different sides. You can argue the marriage, you can argue the morality, but at least the fact aspect of it was on the same page, the same universe. Those gays are those days are gone.
Speaker 2: US Intelligent officials said that I ran as responsible for the hack of Donald Trump's presidential campaign. It was the first US government attribution of responsibility for a cyber intrusion. Of course, Trump has said that this was the case all along, so.
Speaker 1: As far as Iran is concerned and his hack now, as far as the Russians in the presidential election in twenty twenty four or even twenty sixteen, No, it didn't exist. Total doesn't exist, except now now it exists. It's always been there, I mean foreign intervention, Russians, the Chinese, now the Iranians, and I have no idea because they're hacking both parties. So what are they getting out of this?
Speaker 2: Fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, the Runnians don't have enough fun where they go. That's right.
Speaker 4: This guy took a mighty fall.
Speaker 5: George Santos was kicked out of Congress as he was facing nearly two dozen criminal charges. He's reached a plea deal with federal prosecutors and yesterday pleaded guilty to wire fraud and aggravated identity theft. US attorney Breon Peace said under the deal, Santos will go to prison for at least two years, could be six to eight years, and he will also have to pay at least or repay at least three hundred and seventy three thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah. From being this, I'm doubling down.
Speaker 1: Character. I didn't do anything wrong. I'm going to fight this. Yeah, this is crazy. This is all political too.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 1: I did this. This thing got the best of me. I love how they switch. So anyway, he's going down.
Speaker 3: He was a before.
Speaker 1: He was a liar getting in. He was a liar in, he was a liar getting out.
Speaker 3: He's a lot.
Speaker 1: Well now he's not lying because he finally agrees. Kind of hard to plead guilty and then say I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: So how scary is he got that? He got to where he got.
Speaker 1: In the end, It's not very scary because you've got one congress person who came in with enough baggage that there was no chance of any influence whatsoever.
Speaker 3: He basically was a vote, So that part is not scary.
Speaker 1: It's when you come in as president or vice president or senator that's.
Speaker 3: A little scary because then there's some real power there. So he's just a buffoon. He made it in. He sneaked his way through.
Speaker 2: Okay, So to all the Swifties out there, Taylor Swift has not endorsed any presidential candidate this election cycle, but former President Donald Trump said as he accepts the SuperStar's endorsement even though it doesn't exist. Trump posted I accept on his truth social account, along with a carousel of images, and I love this that the headline was Trump posts fake AI images. What else would an AIM image be? An honest, a truthful AI image? Maybe maybe if it's AI, it's generated out of thin air. Can't be real by definition?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm just thinking with or without permission? That makes sense, By the way, I'm going to be doing that at a thirty Because here's the question. Can Taylor Swift sue him for defamation or use of her likeness?
Speaker 5: She didn't or he didn't post it, he reposted somebody else's.
Speaker 1: That's still reposting, is still posting. It's like defamation. Even if someone else says it and you just publish it and you don't generate it, it's still defamation.
Speaker 3: Did he know that it was AI? Did he know that it was not true?
Speaker 1: That she in fact has not endorsed him, which she has not. She has also not endorsed Harris yet either, although she endorsed Biden first.
Speaker 3: Time out, so she'll come out indorse him.
Speaker 2: What But saying I accept is different than she endorsed me.
Speaker 1: No, it is but the implication is the AI image is her saying I indorse him.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: The implication is that she did endorse him and I endorse him. I endorse him, and.
Speaker 3: He said I accept.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we're going to talk more about that at eight thirty because this is one of those AI I guess holes, the abyss I mean doing more than that too, because there is at seven point fifty, what's going with AI cheating in schools and how some schools are spinning that we're just starting to understand what AI just the very very tip of it. Like when computers just first came on, no one had any idea they would control the world.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the video AI generated of Kamala and Trump walking on the beach and then kissing, and then she's pregnant and he's rubbing her belly, and then the last one is of her holding a little baby Trump in a suit. It's crazy. The one of them kissing on stage is rough, man, it looks, and the one of him rubbing her pregnant belly, they look real. I'll send it to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And by the way, that is that is appropriate and okay in a total time because it is pure parody, and there is no issue.
Speaker 3: Is that meant to influence anybody one way or the other.
Speaker 1: Doesn't seem to be that way. I wouldn't take it that way, but I want to see that. Also a quick reminder, I am watching a new television show on Hulu on I think it's on Max and it's called The Righteous Gemstones.
Speaker 3: And you hear that's good. It is unbelievably good.
Speaker 1: It is uh a takeoff on televangelism what John Goodman is in it.
Speaker 3: It is spectacular.
Speaker 1: Will offend everybody, it is so good. I am was that close to being offended? When I'm that close to being offended, of course I wasn't. H It's what a show to.
Speaker 2: What a should have what would have offended you?
Speaker 3: You know what, I've never reached that point.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like mocking fed mocking, Yeah, I mean I'm mock everybody.
Speaker 1: You know. It is Justice Potter in one of the early uh poorn cases First Amendment cases. He goes, I can't describe pornography to you, but I know it when I see it. I can't define it. And that's exactly the case.
Speaker 2: The Wonder Life and over the Sea, you being your career as a.
Speaker 3: Yo Ho yo.
Speaker 1: Actually that's the wrong song called no.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is is that yo ho yo ho. Pirate's life for me is that this song.
Speaker 2: No, this is from Peter Pan.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm conflating. I am conflating Pirates the Caribbean and Peter Pan.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I know it's true.
Speaker 1: All right, back we go, and you're right about this. So how can I possibly argue with you?
Speaker 3: Uh? This had you know, after they made Pirates the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: Uh, they made that politically correct where you can't have you know, a man chasing after a wench Uh.
Speaker 3: Now they've done that with Peter Pan.
Speaker 1: Tiger Lily is uh and the never Land Tribe completely change because it is a I guess the way they just picked it depicted it was pejorative to Native America and so new scene of Tiger Lily and the Neverland Tribe.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love Peter Pan too. One of the original rides, by the way in nineteen fifty five, still there.
Speaker 4: It's one of the best rides, especially in Fantasyland.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a great ride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a super ride, it really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they might want to put some pronouns on that Peter Pan, because I'm not sure what's going on with that fella or fella well.
Speaker 3: Peter Pan.
Speaker 1: Actually, we don't know if it's a man or a woman Peter Pan, because there have been plenty of women who have played Peter Pan on stage, Mary Martin, for example, in the original.
Speaker 3: Production of Peter pant on stage.
Speaker 1: Kathy Rigby, she and her husband run Lamarada Theater, one of the you know, the great regional theaters I think in the country, and Lamarada and she did Peter Pan.
Speaker 2: For a bunch of years.
Speaker 3: So there it is Peter Pan, man or woman.
Speaker 4: He's a guy coming.
Speaker 3: We're both.
Speaker 2: So did we do that? Start? Amy, Did you say one thing during that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: But that's okay, Bill, Bill took my turn. I'm good with that.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm sorry. I saw You're right. I did. That was my fault because we were dealing with Kno. Took it over. What Cono did it is.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm sorry, but I got to stick up. I don't like people talking bad about Kno. Okay unless it's okay, alrighty two helicopters that will exponentially bolster firefighting capabilities in Orange County were unveiled just yesterday a water dropping demonstration over Irvine Lake. And these are those so Corskis, those S seventy Firehawks. They're beautiful beasts man very powerful and they can maneuver quickly. They've got these massive engines, two massive engines and that strong airframe and they're going to be used for fight fighting. LA County has some, and I think San Diego Fire Rescue Department has some. Cal Fire has them. But now Orange Comtyah, that's really good stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh by the way, speaking of Disney, at seven at a fifty, we're doing a Disney segment, which, by the way, I want to bring both Amy and Neel into because they're Disney fanatics and cono And basically the story is going to be if you go to Disney, then you will lose your house. It's an exact It's an A equals B situation.
Speaker 3: I'll explain at eight and fifty. All right, let's continue on no.
Speaker 4: Camping on campus.
Speaker 5: The University of California has introduced new policies to address the demonstration that spread across campus's last spring. Those pro Palestinian protests blocked some students from access to parts of campus.
Speaker 4: There was vandalism, there was the.
Speaker 5: Graffiti, there was the destruction of campus property, and the head of the UC system said, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, finally I'm doing that, by the way, go ahead.
Speaker 2: There wasn't a no camping on campus rule prior to that.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think it was a specific rule that says no camping on campus because it was never a problem. It was always It wasn't by the thousands of people. It wasn't part of a protest camping protesting were just protesting, and then everybody went home and then came back the next day. I'm going to be doing that story, by the way, at seven twenty about what's going on with the demonstrations, because it's there happening right now now. The demonstrations are happening in Chicago, of course, and I'll talk more about that too, all right. KFIAM six forty eight Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.