Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Thank you to everyone who came out who listened from afar, our latest news and bruise there at the BJ's and Huntington Beach was a great time had by all.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun, it was, and it started early too. I mean that place was pretty packed by you know, by the first commercial break at place, there was not a seat to be had. So yes, thank you for everybody who came out. Driving home was a was absolute nightmare?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: How long did it take?
Speaker 2: It took just under two hours to get home? Oh, I'm sorry, Which is I mean? I had plenty of stuff to listen to. I could listen to The John Show, which I did for a while, and then there were moments when I just wanted just the silence.
Speaker 3: So you didn't listen to our show, the podcast.
Speaker 2: Like our show, to be honest, I did. I did listen to the very first part of it because I was like, I don't know, because I don't get to hear I mean, we hear each other, obviously, we hear what the people that are there, but I don't know how it translates. Does it sound as loud as it actually is in the room?
Speaker 4: Did it? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it was. It made me smile.
Speaker 3: Oh good, that's great. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, Helene has hit northwest Florida, unleashed dangerous weather conditions across multiple states in the southeast. She has weekend to a tropical storm as it rips through Georgia this morning. Is still causing life threatening flooding in Atlanta and power forget about it for millions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four plus four and a half million, I think is the latest number that I saw on the power outage websites. About a million in Florida, a million plus in Georgia. The Carolinas are also being hit, and as far as Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, they're all seeing at least tens of thousands of people without power.
Speaker 1: One hundred and forty mile per hour WINS. This is the first known Category four storm to hit Florida's Big Bend area since records began in eighteen fifty one.
Speaker 2: We wanted to play for you a little bit of sound. Governor Ron De Santis has been very busy. I saw him in a news conference at about eight o'clock last night or eight o'clock hour time, and he looked wiped out. I mean he'd been doing three or four press conferences and been keeping up on everything. He's out now, standing out and doing interviews with TV networks.
Speaker 4: In under very partly cloudy skies.
Speaker 2: I mean, it looks beautiful in terms of what you would expect a normal Florida, you know, mid September day, late September day.
Speaker 4: But the storm surge they're still dealing with.
Speaker 5: We saw storm surges in many parts of the west coast of Florida that exceeded what we saw in Hurricane Idallia. Overnight. As soon as the storm, as soon as it was safe to do, and even in many cases probably wasn't perfectly safe to do, search and rescue operations were conducted to help people that were in distress. We've had thousands of missions successfully completed in the over night hours throughout the state.
Speaker 2: And like you said, just to the north of that, the Governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp.
Speaker 6: We're responding to critical assets as we speak. We've got multiple hospitals in South Georgia without power. Backup generators were knocked out, responded to nursing homes, and then we know we still have people trapped in homes that we're trying to cut our way into right now. So we had a really a hard hit storm across a wide part of our state.
Speaker 1: The pictures out of Atlanta are nuts, like full cars, submerged cars, fully submerged there in the neighborhoods, people in windows in homes on the first floor with buckets trying to get all the water out of that first floor.
Speaker 3: It's just in Sante.
Speaker 2: You see the weather guy, one of the reporters on the storm save a woman out of a submerged car.
Speaker 1: No, but I did see the man and the dog get saved by the coastguard. No.
Speaker 2: This so this guy's doing a stand up out in front of a flooded creek or something like that, and a woman tries to cross this road, loses control, the car actually starts to float a little bit, and she's rolled down her window a little bit and is screaming for help, and the guy is kind of he's doing this thing where he's looking at the camera. He's like, well you and you could clearly hear the woman screaming and she's it's hard to tell the judge the distance, but she's maybe one hundred yards away behind him, and the camera catches the whole thing, and he's like, I'm you know what, We're going to be right back, and he takes his ear piece out and throws it back to the studio.
Speaker 4: Cameraman keeps rolling.
Speaker 2: The guy walks over in chest deep water basically to the car, is able to get the woman to roll the wind. He couldn't open the door because of the pressure against it, got her finally to feel comfortable rolling the window down, and then basically gives her a piggyback ride over to where the camera was set up, you know, so that where he could she could stand and everything.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's cool.
Speaker 4: It's very cool. I don't know if.
Speaker 3: Chris Adler saves somebody last.
Speaker 2: Week by rolling in chest deep water just to get to the.
Speaker 1: No, somebody got into an accident and was hurt pretty badly, and she took some sort of first responder class years ago and put that into action and waited with the guy till first responders got there.
Speaker 2: See, that's why it's always good if you see a KFI reporter out in a bottle.
Speaker 3: Well, Steve Gregory won't save you. He'll keep driving.
Speaker 2: Nobody'll probably tell somebody to say, although Steve Gregory did save me one time years ago and my car SHOPPINGI sushi or something, and.
Speaker 1: I got I was no my my news vehicle broke down in a sketchy area. So he came with He came over and just waited with me until Triple A got there.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know. We really are a good people here at KFI. We do have a it's dangerous.
Speaker 2: We are going to get updates throughout the day, of course, from not only the death toll from Hurricane Helene now Tropical Storm Helen, but also the ongoing problem that are going to be cropping up, not just in Florida and Georgia.
Speaker 4: We just found out that a flash flood.
Speaker 2: Emergency has been issued for areas around Lake Lure in North Carolina. They say the dam on that lake is likely to fail. They confirm that there are concerns residents should evacuate immediately. Lake Lure is in Rutherford County in North Carolina, one of many counties that has seen several inches of rain as the storm passes through.
Speaker 4: It appears I have.
Speaker 2: To double check this, but it appears that the river would run towards Asheville, North Carolina. If you know where that is, sort of in the the western part of that state.
Speaker 4: It's obviously something we're going to update throughout the day.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's up, Garyan Shannon. This is a sermon from Catalina Island. I just want to thank you guys for coming to Huntington Beach for the news and Bruce. It was so cool that even Ironman showed up. Hey, Richie Vienna's el.
Speaker 4: So great.
Speaker 8: Happy Friday, Gary and Shannon. Yesterday to day was such a total blast. We brought two new friends who got to be new fans of you guys. Hey, and I gotta tell you, I think I'm still hungover, because you know, when you start drinking.
Speaker 4: At nine, we don't encourage it.
Speaker 8: It just kind of goes on till the rest of the day. Anyway, Thanks for the news and Bruise. Sorry Gary that you live out in this stupid desert, that's all right.
Speaker 4: And you had a bed drive, that's all right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did make a joke our next news and Bruise is going to be at Promises in Malaco, and people started booing.
Speaker 4: Renee was the one.
Speaker 2: Who brought me those two giant cans of hard mountain dewkes.
Speaker 3: You get into any of that, ye, No, I did not.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 2: I was shied away from it. Maybe maybe tonight when I don't have to wake up in the morning. But I showed one to my son. I showed it to my son because I was laughing with him about it a couple of days ago, and he was like, WHOA, that's.
Speaker 4: The biggest can I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Pretty big.
Speaker 2: This is a twenty four ounce can. Yeah, liquid death bar together. Also not again and play the truth box.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So New York Mayor Eric Adams arrived this morning at federal court in Manhattan to surrender to authorities. This was a five count indictment that we reported to you yesterday on fraud, bribery, corruption charges. The FBI seized his phone yesterday before the charges were made public, but he was not immediately taken into custody. He's accused of soliciting illegal campaign donations from foreign entities, falsifying paper trails to cover it up. As part of the plot, he allegedly defrauded taxpayers for ten million dollars over the past decade, frequently took free or steeply discounted vacations bank rolled by these foreign entities.
Speaker 2: There's an interesting aspect of this case that it's being criticized by both Republicans and Democrats. Mayor Eric Adams recorded a video on Wednesday night after the indictment was announced. It hadn't been unsealed yet, but he talked about I knew that when I stood up for you New Yorkers, that they would they where they are, the evil, they they would come after me.
Speaker 9: Always knew that if I stood my ground for all of you, that I would be a talk. I have been fighting in justice my entire life. That fight has continued as your Mayor, despite our police, when the federal government did nothing as it's broken immigration policies, overloaded our shelter system with no.
Speaker 4: Relief, he said, that's when they came after him. Now.
Speaker 2: Claudia Tenny is a congresswoman from New York and she says this is proof that this Department of Justice, she's a Republican, that this Department of Justice is broken.
Speaker 10: It is interesting that most of these charges are eight years old. Why weren't they prosecuted and done then? Because the Democrats needed to have him win an election. They needed to have.
Speaker 4: Their guy in office.
Speaker 10: Now they don't want their guy in office because why he stood up to President Biden. This is a dirty doj Merrick Garland is a dirty cop running a very dirty dootech.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute, so they agree that they're both saying that this is retribution for Eric Adams vocally opposing Biden immigration policies.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a little conspiracy theoryes. I think people are being quiet about this, like Hakeem Jeffries, Chuck Schumer, because they all know that they have gotten kicked back somewhere along.
Speaker 3: They all do to say, well, they all do the same stuff.
Speaker 2: In fact, I don't know if it's possible for you to keep your nose clean as a politician at a certain level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're absolutely correct.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: They also have been saying that the guy waiting in the wings now. Mayor Adams has not said if he would resign. At least he said he won't resign.
Speaker 1: The governor said she's thinking about considering the possibility of removing him, a power she does have under state law.
Speaker 2: And she's the only one right. It's not like the City Council in New York or whatever would be able to vote to oust him.
Speaker 4: It would have to be the governor.
Speaker 2: And Andrew Cuomo, the former governor of the state of New York, may be eyeing the position if it does in fact open up.
Speaker 3: Kathy Hochel, this is what she said yesterday.
Speaker 1: I expect the mayor to take the next few days to review the situation and find an appropriate path forward to ensure that people of the city are being well served. So she's kind of putting the ball in his court. Hey step down, but he's been defiant says he won't, so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: The latest on the Sean Combs stuff is pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the feds are zeroing in on those wild parties that he would have and the people that went to them who knew what.
Speaker 2: Also, keep in mind, we do know that this several terminals at the ports of la and Long Beach are closed because that truck that flipped over with the batteries on it, So we will keep an eye on that.
Speaker 4: You can obviously pay attention to.
Speaker 2: KFI traffic throughout the course of the day as we get more details as to when the CHP is going to be able to move that thing.
Speaker 4: If they're going to be able to move it.
Speaker 2: But they did say late yesterday they said that that bridge could stay closed for somewhere between twenty four and forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: That's going to make a big issue with the supply chain.
Speaker 3: That port is very, very busy.
Speaker 1: Well, people are talking about what they saw at Ditty's parties, right. Doctor le Joyce Brookshire was a former publicity director at Clive Davis's Arista Records, found herself working with the Superstar roster at Ditty's Bad Boy Entertainment. She said, my spidy senses were always on high alert at these parties, and I know that there's no safety after a certain hour when you've got drinks flowing and people behind your back doing drugs, and bathrooms and two or three people walking out of a bathroom together. So could there potentially be absolutely? Did I see it?
Speaker 3: No? I never stayed at a party late enough to see.
Speaker 4: If you think about the wide.
Speaker 2: Net that the FEDS have cast here in terms of talking just talking to people, fifty witnesses that they've interviewed, three hundred warrants that they have served, obviously that's well beyond the word of the ten or twelve women or so who have accused him of sexual abuse in these lawsuits that have been filed since last fall.
Speaker 1: They say the authorities are pursuing him with the same racketeering laws that took down the likes of John Gottie and James Whitey Bulger, that they are very much treating this matter like a mobster case.
Speaker 2: Several witnesses who worked with this guy worked with Diddy have been in meetings with federal prosecutors. Obviously, well you read into that that they are trying to protect themselves from prosecution by offering up all of the information they can on this guy. At least one sex worker is supposed to testify in a potential grand jury proceeding. As to whether others are going to be charged or more charges are forthcoming, the prosecutors have only said that this is still a very active case.
Speaker 1: I can't take anything off the table. Anything is possible, says the US attorney there.
Speaker 3: Oh Man, I would be very worried if I knew, if I was privy to any of this going on.
Speaker 2: Prosecutors trying to paint a picture of this guy as a top racketeer I mean to the point of using some of the same charges that they have used, the racketeering charges. That is that if you've been used against guys like John Gotti and Whitey.
Speaker 3: Bulgem and so much better when you say it, but.
Speaker 2: I mean, and he's staying in the same prison that those guys were in your face. They have talked about a video that could potentially be shown as well expected to be a key piece of evidence an incident captured on security video.
Speaker 3: This is the one that we saw, Yeah, when Cassie.
Speaker 2: Ventura was running down the hallway at the Intercontinental Hotel here in la before he catches up with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about it at the time. Who knew about that video? Who sold it to him for the fifty grand or what have you?
Speaker 3: I mean, is that is that against your law?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But if you work at a hotel, and let's say Vegas, because just in terms of the number of bodies that go in and out of hotels in Vegas on a regular basis, that's probably one of the most visited cities in all of the United States from all over the world. The security videos that they have in some of those hotels must be absolutely bonkers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: What are the policies when it comes to hotels in Vegas and what they would turn over to police and what they wouldn't well.
Speaker 1: And how much can you be bought and sold for? And are you even following hotel policy at that point?
Speaker 4: Is there a price?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is there a price?
Speaker 2: Do you go to alleged naire Duwell that's caught on security doing a security camera doing something and it's not just like you're drunk to the point where you're barfing on yourself in the fifteenth floor of the Mandela Bay Hotel, haven't we all? It's that you've done something like physically assault somebody like he did, committed a crime, and then they go to you and say, hey, listen, mister Colmbs, we saw what happened on the fifteenth floor, and if you don't want it to get out and you ever want to come back to this hotel again, you're going to have to you know, well, we have a program that you could enroll in that a series of perhaps monthly installments to make sure that this tape never sees the light.
Speaker 3: I don't think they go to him.
Speaker 1: I think he calls his underlings and says, find me any sort of tape that could exist of what happened in that hallway and bring it to me and you know, pay whatever you need to do to get it. Yeah, but that is because then there's plausible deniability from the hotel of I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Who had that video, who knew it, who sold it?
Speaker 8: Who?
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of late in the show today, we're going to do what you learned this week on the Gary and Channel.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, let us know what you learned this week. Maybe it's going to be about the plan to blow up mice to save the albatross.
Speaker 4: Or that octopus can punch. Yeah, octopuses can punch.
Speaker 1: The octopi news this week was well received many people.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize there was that much of a fascination with octopuses.
Speaker 3: They're very smart, Yes, they're very smart.
Speaker 4: And you run.
Speaker 2: We did discuss this theory that some scientists believe that they're alien, like they did not come from this planet.
Speaker 1: Ooh no, we did not discuss Oh well that sounds a little bit fast just in my head.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, let us know on the talkback feature on the iHeart app. Just hit that little button and leave us a message, or you can, of course send us an email gas bag at iHeartMedia dot com. Interesting a couple news stories, the Israeli military says it carried out an airstrike on this central headquarters of Hesbelaw in Beirut, the most powerful yet scene in the Lebanese capital this last year, leveling four entire buildings and setting up a massive billowing cloud of smoke. At about the same time, by the way, Israel's Prime Minister Benjaminett Yahoo was speaking at the UN in New York and said that his nation will continue degrading Hesbela until its objectives are met along the Lebanon border. Death.
Speaker 4: I was to say something bad. What were you going to say?
Speaker 3: I was just going to point out that I have nail polish in my purse.
Speaker 4: Great, that's exactly what I was going to get into.
Speaker 3: Well, because we were going to talk about chroming.
Speaker 4: Oh oh that and.
Speaker 3: You could huff this. Wow, it's one of the options.
Speaker 2: I would not choose that color to huff simply because it would show up around my nose if I accidentally got it too close to my naries.
Speaker 1: Jacob, will you huff this nail polish so we can see what happens?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, color is it?
Speaker 1: It's it's called fuchia fever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: All right, I'll bring it in.
Speaker 2: Chroming is the huffing. Apparently, chroming is getting high via inhaling hydrocarbons by misusing a variety of legal products think permanent markers, aerosol, deodorant, nail polished, metallic paint, computer duster, carb cleaner, paint thinner, gasoline, and hairspray. A doctor is a professor of emergency medicine at University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and said that the term chroming comes from me, Oh, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 4: Are you high?
Speaker 1: You kind of looked like that that NFL coordinator niff and blow off.
Speaker 2: I forget Chris Forrester. Yes right, the chroming crazy, isn't it? Term comes from the after effect of inhaling metallic paints that are sprayed on a rag and then you hold it up to your face and it leaves a chrome or metallic residue on your face. Sounds great if you inhale via nose or out directly from the container or rag. And they said that people have been inhaling fumes for centuries that in and of itself is not new, but a lot of times we get bumps in this Inhalin's abuse peaked in the nineties. It's been down trending over the last two decades, but they said in recent years experimentation has been on the rise again.
Speaker 3: What kind of high is this?
Speaker 4: What does it?
Speaker 3: Let's see here. The short term effects.
Speaker 4: Little light headed.
Speaker 1: They can be immediate, last a few hours, similar.
Speaker 3: To those of rout you do yeah, uh oh, well stop sniffing it.
Speaker 4: That's enough time to close it.
Speaker 1: Similar to those of alcohol intoxication. There may be a mix of euphoria with lightheadedness, clumsiness, slurred speech or disinhibition. Also nausea, vomiting, cardiac issues. No diarrhea though, Jacob.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: I don't throw up though, you don't really no, so I'll be okay. Cardiac arrest is probably in an eleven year old is probably one of the reasons why you wouldn't want to do this. Yeah, I've also seen.
Speaker 4: The distin.
Speaker 2: This is not a medical show by any means, but I've seen the intervention show.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, where they discuss the hard watch.
Speaker 2: It's usually alcohol or drugs, but every once in a while, they'll get into somebody who's got esoteric in inhalent chroaming thing and it destroys your brain right quickly.
Speaker 4: I mean you're a vegetable quickly.
Speaker 1: Oh god, all right, coming up next, kids, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Do we have any good stories on our horizon today?
Speaker 4: Yes we do, we do.
Speaker 3: Look at that. Keana found us a nice story.
Speaker 4: Which one.
Speaker 1: Oh well, they But we'll talk fire when we come back to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on Cho five AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app