Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rovera on Fox Sports fourteenth fifth day, powered by Nova Insurance Services ensure your most prized possessionets.
Speaker 2: Were good afternoon, everybody, Welcome to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: I'm Steve Rivera in Today is the.
Speaker 2: Well of well it was rested? Rested is the world I'm looking for, Dave Silver, maybe or not? Are you ready for this day? You're still rested? Ready for what the show? Getting back into the swinging thing. Yes, I'm kind of looking forward to it, Okay, And then Juan, didn't I just see you about an hour ago.
Speaker 4: I think it's yeah, it feels like it all the time. Now, Yes, that's good. That's good. I might as well just be a guess at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should please do. Hey, welcome everybody to Wednesday. I think it's Wednesday to the show. Or maybe we get some calls today. We had a few yesterday five two zero four one six seventy four forty last night's game. We'll talk a lot about that. We have the brad Alice here what wildcat authority?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: In the first hour and then in the second hour, we're gonna have mister Blair willis former UA SID for football.
Speaker 3: He had TV.
Speaker 2: He kind of come up, comes up with some interesting tidbits about the team and factuals and stuff like that. He was the SID during the rich Rod time, and I wanted to talk to him because I saw a tweet about that when rich Rod got the job back at West Virginia, so, you know, just his time with rich Rod.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Blair is done a good job of kind of staying in touch and like like you said, throwing out some of these cool little facts that sometimes we missed.
Speaker 2: We miss Yeah. Right, he had one yesterday. I think it was like, I can't remember what it was, Arizona Pace. It was paced that they won in a pace game. Blah blah blah. And I'm into the pace because Arizona and lets snigy did that. They were able to do what Arizona does. Arizona looks like Arizona for the first time in a while. Right, That's what everyone's been saying.
Speaker 6: So that's good to see because the pace has always been important part of Tommy Lloyd's offense and just moving the ball up and down fast and getting it, you know, just to the open man usually ends in a good result. Part of the success with that day.
Speaker 2: And you know this, if you get to use that early and you get that twenty to ten lead, the other team has no choice but to play with you, right, because they can't slow you down because they need to catch up. Yeah, and in the past, the last month or so, teams had gotten equal or ahead of Arizona, so they had to play their pace.
Speaker 6: When the Wildcats do get that lead, though, you feel pretty good. I know they blew another lead the other day on the road, but usually when they get that, you know, ten, twelve, fifteen point lead, it's a pretty comfortable position to be in.
Speaker 3: Right, He's and they lost one.
Speaker 2: And last night they had, you know, they had a nice little lead and then got with him five with thinking. Then they stormed back and we talked about thees yesterday. Historically under Tommy, they've lost the lead a few times. Princeton oh yeah uh and that was notorious had a total point lead and they lost that. He's just gonna find a way. Maybe it's paying fast and loose too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you don't want to get too conservative. I guess that's what Some people will also go to the opposee and say, yes, they're do conserve. Why are they not you know, forcing the ball and roar and so in basketball and a lot of sports that happens.
Speaker 2: Football to prevent defense, right, prevents the win he does, you're getting and then people who bet the game, Oh, you're gonna cover the bank door cover exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so last night they looked sharp. I think a couple of people did.
Speaker 3: In my mind.
Speaker 2: kJ Lewis obviously had a good offensive game, you know, the guy that we expect him to be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's good to see that, you know, getting some production from from kJ offensively because I know he can play defense. And then Henry seems like he's providing quite a little spark here. It's kind of fun to watch him grow up. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 2: You don't see his numbers being great, but he's doing all the all nice things. Yeah, they get eight points last night, four or five rebounds I think it was, and you want, you know, you look at the score and you think, you look at the box score, you think, oh, maybe you wish you could add more.
Speaker 3: But he did exactly what you needed him to do.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I mean, that's kind of the key sometimes those guys, they don't need to score fifteen to twenty to have an impact. If they can get you know, seven rebounds or you know, a couple of block shots and play some defense, that's you know, a good way to contribute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is gonna be the big man in the middle eventually, not eventually. He is now a waka is not gonna give you a whole lot offensively, but he's gonna give you some stuff with rebounds in defense and clogged in the middle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm still a little bit concerned about the lack of height there in the middle when Henry's not playing with a waka and Towns and not exactly the tallest forwards. We'll see where that how that plays out against other teams.
Speaker 2: Well, well, mister one, again, we talked about the best lineups, and we talked about that yesterday.
Speaker 3: Right, the best lineups were the ones we talked about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, explain, you know, go ahead and remind us of the lineup that was the best with kJ oh we think would be the best line up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd be Bradley, Love, kJ Bryant and Bassart right.
Speaker 3: Right, and then Rightan didn't have a great game. But he had a nice game. He was the energy.
Speaker 4: He was the one, not facility necessarily, but continuing the motion right in the flow of the game.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's what it is. It's that flow of the game. Who's that mentioned that two years?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: It was I think it was Andy yesterday. The flow, flow, flow, And that's what they've rekindled in the last five games.
Speaker 3: They found a flow.
Speaker 6: And I think Brian, it's gonna be fun to watch Bryan's here in January and see how he is in March. Yeah, especially, give him another ten twelve games and let's see how this goes with Sure.
Speaker 2: Sure, I think we had talked about that, and I think Bruce came up with this one. And I don't know why I missed it. Were you when we had Chase Bunting gr on? No, Okay, so we had Chase, and I asked Bruce. I asked Bruce, when was the last time they Arizona had a McDonald's All American? And you know, I've covered it for a long time and I've seen a number of these guys come and go and that didn't have that didn't have that confidence, or didn't have that swagger, right, and Brian's not that guy, at least he hadn't been and kind of I could remember, and he came up with Chase Chase kind of and I even talked to him about this when he had him on maybe a three weeks ago, where he kind of deferred to Marcus Williams and the other guys above him because he wanted to find his place and it took a while, and maybe that's what it was with Brian.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's definitely some similarity there, for sure. I remember when when Chase came in and we all expected him.
Speaker 2: To just, you know, just instantly be at the Superstar right, Well, why is that because didn't well, you know this, Luke said he was the best recruit he's ever recruited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so what are you thinking? Yeah, exactly when he comes in.
Speaker 6: And you know, I was like, wait a second, Chase, you're the guy that you're supposed to be doing something or go you know, go off and just go crazy.
Speaker 3: And it did take him a while.
Speaker 6: I think he you know, a lot of the I think a lot of younger players in any sport, Yeah, feel that way when they're walking in and there's already guys established here. I can't remember what that lineup looked like, but Marblus, Marcus Williams was there, nick Wise. Yeah, so there were some people who'd been around Jordan Hill and he was deferring to them, I would guess. And I'm sure Carter feels the same way a little bit, you know. But you know, like I said before, let's see Carter in March.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny now that you we talked about this. I had Mike Bibi on maybe ten days ago, and he would be another guy, not that he'd deferred. He was so quiet. He just did his job. You know what I'm saying. You think my baby's coming here and he's gonna play. And he wasn't spectacular, but he was spectacularly normal, if that makes any sense. He was very consistent, Yes, very consistency.
Speaker 6: He came in and you know, he had Miles and he had Dickerson, and he had all these guys who had kind of been around for a couple of years.
Speaker 3: And he's up and again highly touted.
Speaker 6: I mean, kind of similar to to Chase the Carter Bryant as well, the guy that you know, everyone expected big things right off the bat.
Speaker 3: He delivered pretty quickly, right.
Speaker 2: And what I'm thinking too with with Mike is because of his reputation behind the back passes, no look passes, being over the shoulder and no, he was just consistently good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you said, he was fundamentally sounding right off the bat. I mean, we saw him in high school and you could tell, Wow, this kid's pretty special, right.
Speaker 2: Right, So so here we are, we'll see how good they're going to be. I was on a show just now in Phoenix. What do you what do you? What do I see in the last five games? Will They're improved, They're playing better, they're more cohesive. But but and I'm sorry to be the naysare, and everybody might say this, Uh, do we really know how good Cincinnati is? Do we really know how good West Virginia is?
Speaker 4: In West Virginia without their best player, I'm cautiously optimistic about this team, right, I think that's a good way to put it. But I do see a difference in the way they're playing. They're playing with purpose. When they're driving, and it's not just driving to see if it's no, they're driving and they're gonna score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they did. They did it without Caleb pretty right again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know they're they're feeling their way through the Big twelve. It's going to be I've been talking about this every time I come on the show, but it's it's a new experience. Every every game basically is who they're going to play, where they're gonna play. What's the situation going to be, like, students, Maybe we're not there this past weekend, so the next road trip could be a little more exciting in the in the arenas and the same things McHale as the students come back, I guess this week. You know, a couple of games coming up this weekend, and McHale Center could sound quite a bit different than it did over the holidays.
Speaker 3: Right, the experienced the travel situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go on to these coasts and snow and Tommy's quotes were pretty funny from yesterday about coming home to the T shirts and the shorts.
Speaker 3: Right, he kind of brought the weather. Yeah, they kind of brought the weather with them. Oh, they came back to this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, I've been here thirty some years and you've been here longer than me, and you know, you lie, I've always say this. We got ten days of winter in Tuesday. I think we're on day three right now with the other two that passed a while back.
Speaker 3: So it's not bad. I'll take it. This could be nice.
Speaker 6: I mean the studio your your new studio here too, kind of in the foothills. Definitely in the foothills. We could be walking out to some snow and this is over. Yeah, you got great Poopa were up.
Speaker 3: Or the other place.
Speaker 2: He was like, you got the mustard. He spares the mustard a little bit of a difference. It is a difference. And I posted the picture yesterday. I think that I would have never posted the picture from the other Yeah, yeah, definitely not Yeah, Okay, we're gonna have again Brad Alice here in about seven minutes, right after we go to break and then again we're gonna have Blair. Willis kind of reminiscing about, you know, the rich Rod stuff and his thoughts and where he gets his information from, because those guys should have the information.
Speaker 3: They've been around.
Speaker 2: He wasn't here a whole lot, but he's he's really close to the program and he knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: So that should be fun.
Speaker 6: Anything else, No, I mean, you know, it's just good to be back and kind of catching up on things. I know, lots going on with some signees while I was going, and they got some transfer portal action again.
Speaker 3: I guess today as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you'll have news, Yeah, getting some players, so you know they're piecing it together.
Speaker 3: I guess. Yeah. The thing about is so is everybody else? Right?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: So is everybody else? Awards?
Speaker 2: There was on a fall and and now he has to coach them. Yeah, did you see to change subjects? And I'm not sure that you'll have what I'm breaking news last night and I didn't see it because I was too busy watching the game. Uh, Florida beating the crap out of Tennessee. Yes, I think that was that was That would have been a wine special to me. I thought that was going to be a I don't know.
Speaker 4: What if we were doing that for basket, I would have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it was obvious, and it's just Florida coming off their first loss, and I think getting a shot at number one at all they routed them.
Speaker 6: Isn't that the first time they've beaten the number one team, not in the tournament like like regular season?
Speaker 3: I think maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I think so even when they're donav and they never did that. Well, they were probably pretty much number one at the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, I actually as we were traveling yesterday, you saw that.
Speaker 3: I saw Yeah, okay, I saw.
Speaker 6: That game and it was as they were head by thirty, you know, late, so they were totally dominated them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Them and Kentucky lost. It's it's gonna be a fun year. And Auburn is just fantastically good.
Speaker 3: It was a little bit close, a little bit close.
Speaker 2: Who did play Texas Texas A yeah, okay, yeah at Texas. Yeah, we get a fight out for them, Auburn Auburn Texas. And also it was Kentucky lost, so it should be a lot of fun. Arizona kind of get back in the mix of names.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's good. We had a friend for schell on yesterday. Is very good. Do you expect them in the top twenty five soon? Yes?
Speaker 2: If they win Saturday, Yes, maybe twenty two ish, twenty three ish, what because you know, the voters were kind of lazy and we kind of Arizona's back, you know, and then they started and they see the name, you know, because it's one of it's not a blue blood, not a blue, but but it's it's a name and its established and you've won five in a row, six in row by the time they vote. So yeah, maybe twenty two and not that that's important.
Speaker 7: No, but I just got to focus on themselves, right, you know, it's not that important obviously now, but it does get you on the bottom line on ESPN a lot of times if you see that kind of thing, if you're in the top twenty five.
Speaker 6: I'm in fact just looking at it right now. There's nobody with five losses in the five.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, that's the that's the blemish the five. But they did play some good teams, you know. Well, I'll tell you what you see. You see he got their ask kicked last night. Yeah, and did you see the do you see the press conference? I heard he was he went off, he went off, and we were just what how long ago? Uh, three four weeks ago and Arizona played them, and I think how times have changed? Right, you know, he was he was happy, giddy in that locker in the in the press room that night, and Arizona was, you know, down after losing. And now he's just like, I have a soft team. It will play I have the most energy in the practices. YadA YadA, we suck pretty much. And now there was one of those.
Speaker 3: Eleven and four to two and two and the big ten.
Speaker 6: Yeah kind of keep from remember where they are, but yeah, not a good not a good performance by them.
Speaker 3: Yeah ninety four, seventy five.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was at at Polck Yeah, Paul, Yeah, Okay, when would this just go? Get ahold of bread and then talk more about football and basketball?
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Ready to discover your soul, your.
Speaker 8: Wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games to award winning dining, two world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 3: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 8: Discover with Soul Casino del Soul, the soul of Tucsonde.
Speaker 3: Are you ready enterprise of Fasco yea keep try.
Speaker 9: The window depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Frowseyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for Madi to Go Designs or creating a custom masterpiece.
Speaker 3: We can help you select the perfect wood.
Speaker 9: Type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your love. Find a location near you at the window Deepot dot com. The window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Doratle Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Kip, we'll call at five to two zero four zero zero four two three three.
Speaker 10: Where do you buy exercise EQUIPMENTSNA.
Speaker 11: Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 12: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 13: Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Recognize your employees.
Speaker 13: Salespeople, managers and agents with the Creative Award from Creative Awards. It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items, and Creative Awards has over five hundred thousand products to choose from.
Speaker 3: Don't forget your corporate apparel.
Speaker 13: For a great sharp look in twenty twenty five, visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Drackman or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 14: At Noble Home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpe is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs, whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer, or want to get cash out with the refinance Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation.
Speaker 3: Visit voltpeteam dot com.
Speaker 14: That's volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven arizon a b K nine two nine four two Equal housing opportunity, Got to commitment to lyndri sync credit greates and available loan programs or such exchange with unt notice.
Speaker 3: Did you know?
Speaker 15: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best.
Speaker 16: In sports cards and trading card games. From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on e Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 11: On a road trip or just around town driving a car, you can afford it more important than mement At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, our one rate auto loan is for everyone. One rate offers a single competitive rate no matter the credit score, you can borrow better with.
Speaker 3: The hearing it.
Speaker 11: For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com Slash one rate. Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally ensured by NCUA.
Speaker 17: Got bugs, termitespees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down.
Speaker 3: Arizona Pest Control is your.
Speaker 17: Complete desert pest management specialist that's can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents. Serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation. Today, baseball fans, it's time to experience the thrill of the game like never before. The World Baseball Classic Qualifiers coming to Tucson, Arizona, and you don't want to miss this incredible event. For four action pack days, the world's best teams will compete for their spot in the Global Championship The games are set for March second, third, fourth, and sixth. Each day features two games at eleven am and six pm, with the finale on March sixth at six pm. Join us at Keno Veterans Memorial Baseball Stadium, located at the Kenosports Complex in Tucson. It's the perfect venue to watch a league baseball talent from around the globe. Feel the excitement is powerhouse team from Germany, Brazil, China, and Columbia take the field.
Speaker 3: Whether you're a lifelong fan.
Speaker 18: Or just looking for an unforgettable day out, the World Baseball Classic Qualifier is an event for everyone in Southern Arizona. Bring your friends, your family, and your love for the game to Tucson this March.
Speaker 3: Tickets are selling fast, so don't wait.
Speaker 18: Visit World Baseballclassic dot com or SASTFA dot com that's SASPA dot com to secure your seats today. This message is brought to you by the Southern Arizona Sports tourism and film authority Steve Rivera.
Speaker 19: He's got his eye on the ball on Tucson's sports station, Fox Sports fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to one on the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fift I'm Steve Rivera in today with me is Dave Silver got one at the controls. Now we have Brad Ellis from well Cats Sports Report.
Speaker 3: Brad Hawaii doing well, good, good good.
Speaker 2: Are you been busy kind of following the basketball and football teams?
Speaker 20: Yeah, you know, I do it much more casually than when I was writing full time. But yeah, it's between losing streaks and the new transfer portal. With a new version of the transfer portal, there's a lot to keep tabs on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's go with basketball first. Let's get the overall picture, not with what happened last night, but you can include last night. What do you think overall or what have you seen?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 20: I think what you saw is that team that had a meat grinder of her schedule and they and they didn't handle it very well. I think the one thing is you were looking at you were trying to integrate a bunch of new guys, guys getting different roles, and it took longer. You know, we were spoiled either. Loude Olton was the master of getting guys ready for November and that's why what he lost what like three games and twenty years in those preseason tournaments. Miller was pretty good about getting his guys ready immediately, and then they always had that one dip it seemed around February and Tommy's come out of the gate pass. But I think this was a bigger challenge, and one of the problems is you brought in so many guys who are adjusting to completely different roles. Trey Townsend was the guy at Oakland, del Orsa was the guy.
Speaker 5: You know, Basar was off for a year.
Speaker 20: You know, you didn't know if you were gonna have Crevis, which now you know you don't. So you know, kJ Lewis was having to take a step up in his role and it just didn't mesh right away. You combine that with Duke, a Wisconsin team that's much better than I think a lot of people thought. You know, a West Virginia team that with Debries is a legit top twenty type team, and you just kind of ran into that meat grinder and you know, they didn't pull out enough wins, but they set themselves up to round in the form and that's what they've done despite the bad uh. You know, preseason you kind of look at it, if they can go twelve and eight, thirteen and seven in conference. They're not only a tournament team, but they may have an okay seed anything better than that. And with the strength of schedule, you know they'll be in that maybe the shape we thought they'd be preseason when some people were thinking, you know, top ten type team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you said twelve and eight, uh, just Christmas the twenty. So add maybe two more wins there in the tournament, in the in the Big twelve tournament, Yeah, I think that gets them mouth at least a five, maybe five or.
Speaker 20: Six probably especially and you know, now they're had a schedule because I thought, you know, if you go ten and oh nine and one at home, you've only got to pick off a few on the road. You've already picked off two. You could legit go what four and six on the road and have one of the probably better road records in the Big Twelfth. The way the league is shaping up, so Arizona's in very good shape. By getting those two wins the last couple of nights, you.
Speaker 6: Know, bad one of the guys I've been intrigued with so far, as Carter Bryant. Steve and I were talking about him a few minutes ago. What do you think we will see with him, say, in the next couple of months, compared to the Carter Bryant of December and January, to what we could see by late February March.
Speaker 20: You know, that's the million dollar question, because he is by far and away, I think the most upside of any guy on this team. He is the only guy I think you can say as a surefire NBA player. And I think even if he just progresses it the way he is right now, someone's going to take a flyer on him late first round, early second.
Speaker 5: Round if he was to leave now now, if he comes.
Speaker 20: Back, he can develop into a lottery type pick. But as he developed, he could become because I think Arizona's kind of looking for a consistent number three guy.
Speaker 3: You know, Caleb Love more.
Speaker 20: Often than not, it's going to be your number one guy. Jaden Bradley's you know, kind of one A one B. He does it in different ways, obviously with the defense, but you need a guy you know three out of five games is going to be you know, your number three, you're number four scored. If that could be Carter Bryant, I think Arizona's an excellent shape because he gives you this ability to be super versatile. You can play him at the four, uh and he has legit four size, but he's got the game of the three. He can put him at the three, and he's a matchup nightmare for a lot of smaller teams, just some teams that go three guard lineup.
Speaker 5: I think you could even see a scenario.
Speaker 20: When Arizona's trying to run someone off the floor, or they'll stick him at the five for two or three minutes. He's just such a versatile kid with you know, being six nine, with that crazy long wingspan, with great athleticism, and if he can continue to shoot well, which is not necessarily his strength, but well was perfect the other night, you know, against Cincinnati. That's just a weapon that you know. I don't know if Arizona was counting on. I think they were hoping to have, but he might be able to kind of leap frog maybe what they thought they were going to get in Tray Townsend just doesn't quite look ready for that spotlight role. He looks like a more of a complimentary player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I agree with you there.
Speaker 2: Let me give you this question, maybe Dave, you want to answer Arizona will go as far as it can if X does the job.
Speaker 3: You're asking me both both.
Speaker 6: Uh Well, I mean, obviously the Caleb love story will have to be good for Zona to advance. But like I said before, you know, if Carter continues to grow and consistently they see kJ Lewis playing like he did last night, I.
Speaker 3: Mean they've got the pieces. They definitely do. They've got the potential, right Jayden Bradley, Yeah, you know what, I agree with.
Speaker 2: You because he's that downhill aggressive guy.
Speaker 20: Yeah, and he where you need him to be as the guy who can be something different on different nights, the downhill guy when they need him, the guy who can facility. He's never going to be a huge assist guy, but he needs to be a facilitator. You know, when we see those great Wildcats teams, they don't have.
Speaker 5: A seven assist guy, they have a four assist.
Speaker 20: Guy and then a bunch of three. You know, look at Mike Bibby's the best, if not the best player, the best point guard they was on a history there were Knights. He had one assist Why because you also had Miles Simon who the offense could flow through him. You had Jason Terry who could pass.
Speaker 5: You can even have Michael Dickerson.
Speaker 20: Who the offense could flow through. That's what they need Jayden Bradley to be.
Speaker 3: He needs.
Speaker 20: Some nights, he's gonna have to have a seven uh assist nights. Some nights he's gonna have to score fifteen. Some nights he's gonna have to just be a lockdown defender, be you know, a poor man's Reggie Geary. But he has that versatility, and I think that's why he know. He has to know they're gonna be NICs. Caleb can't shoot, why not? Don't need to get Caleb to the ball as much. You know, you have to look to work it inside. And you know, if Henry's got a mismatch, or you know, Trey Townsend's having a hot hand, how do you get them the ball that has to come from to start with?
Speaker 3: Jayden Bradley.
Speaker 2: You know that that's a great observation, and I totally agree with you. Let me see this about six weeks ago, seven weeks I said this, and I still believe it now more so than it although it didn't work until now that if that it reminded me a little of ninety seven ninety eight, and maybe not to that degree because we know what happened with that. But you know, Jayan Bradley, Caleb Love kJ lewis, if one guy goes bad, you have the other two who can can't come through and you can you know, a three card montiet or you can do the little you know, the thing with the three cards. So so it hadn't done that well up until recently. Right if if this guy does blaed or doesn't step up, the other guy will kJ last night Jayden Bradley, Yes, Love, No, you know one of the two or two or the three can always do that, do you see that?
Speaker 20: Yeah? And they have to be And again Carter Bryant might be in that conversation as well. And that's why you know, we all know this guard play wins tournament games because you can look at every great Arizona team that has made a deep run. The Guards have been great until they weren't. And almost every NCAA tournament lot especially those deep low very few times have everyone played really well and the other.
Speaker 3: Team was just a little bit better.
Speaker 20: Instead, you got you know, the classic exact one. Gilbert can't lift his arm, Gardener can't shoot that night. If Kerr was awful against.
Speaker 5: Oklahoma, everyone's as awful against.
Speaker 20: Utah, Yeah, exactly. So, you know, but what you need to be able to do is if Cayle and eventually Caleb Love is gonna have to Baras is gonna make around the tournament. He can't have four bad games and rely on Jayden Bradley and kJ Lewis and Carter Bryant. But if there isn't one night where he's off, you have to be able to overcome it, you know. And so so Dave's absolutely right. At the end of the day, if Arizona's gonna win four games, Love's gonna have to be one A or one B for three of those four games at least.
Speaker 2: We also have to remember that the competition steps up, right, You're not gonna play with Virginia Cincinnati all the time, especially when you get deep into tournament. You have teams that aren't gonna because they're not any good, right, Yeah, And.
Speaker 20: You know, but I think I think West Virginia and since I certainly look like second night teams. You know, they look like they look like you know, aar zones are five, they look like you know a four or five type matchup where if arizon'es are three, they look like a six to seven type matchup. Those are quality teams, and you were playing on the road, but.
Speaker 5: They're flawed teams, especially.
Speaker 20: West Virginia without the breeze. They were kind of a one man show last night, and there was a kind of figured out, you know, it was the old loop thing. We'll let one guy be us, we can't let three.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 20: Cincinnati was a ton of a flawed team that was kind of smoking mirrors. But those are tournament type teams, and those are the teams there are gonna have to beat, you know, if not on night two, on night on night three.
Speaker 5: So it's a good it's a good measuring stick.
Speaker 20: But yes, they haven't faced a Houston yet, who's a national title contender, Kansas who maybe not be playing like one now, but could you know a Baylor who's always kind of in the mix, even though you know they're not quite what they were a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Who'll get that? In twelve days when I was soon you're gonna have yes, No, I was gonna say the schedule does pick up. They do.
Speaker 6: They do get Baylor, they do get uh, you know, Texas Tech. They do get some pretty good teams soon, so you know, it's been a nice warm up act.
Speaker 2: Let me say this to you, let me ask you use the word I used maybe two weeks ago, and it's very apparent.
Speaker 3: It was apparent to me that Arizona is flawed.
Speaker 2: Uh do you feel that way now or I don't feel that way as much, but I still kind of feel there's issues.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, really who maybe there's very few teams that he got them on one or you know one hand, who aren't flawed. Even look at Tennessee last night. I mean they that was the best team in America and they they looked awful last night. Arizona's flawed, but they have enough pieces that yes, they are capable of making a run, but they're also capable of going in a tailspin and not making the tournament. That's why this is, you know, this is really gonna be the the how well can Tommy Lloyd coach? And I already like what I think because they've already improved, They've already you know, dicked some things. There's a lot still to fix, but I think now that they know what you know that they don't have Creevis. They can settle into that rotation and you know, continue to tweak and play with things, and you know you're inserting do or So in the lineup, but you know he's not always there in crunch time because they're right in the hot hand. And I think, you know, we're learning a lot about Tommy Lloyd, and I think Tommoyd's gonna learn a lot about himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny. You saw that sight S game. Del Orso is a guy you need. You don't need him in a bunches right last night he had ten if you can get maybe eight to ten from him and you know some things, and then you have Brian who could get twelve. I mean this is kind of like a stew where you have a lot of here, a lot of hero a little there, but you need you need these guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you do need the kJ Lewis to come up with twenty one every once, someone to get into the twenties. And then maybe you know four guys and you know between eight and fifteen.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but if you look at the best Arizona teams, with the exception of maybe ninety four, that's.
Speaker 3: What you got.
Speaker 20: I mean, you know, you used ninety seven and ninety eight. An example, you had four guys, you know, really on any any given night who could get you twenty.
Speaker 5: You know, people, I think a lot of people forget.
Speaker 20: How good Michael Dickerson really was. I think too many people just remember that Utah game. But Michael Dickerson was special. That's why he was an NBA player. Maybe was special, Simon was special, Kerry was And you don't have to have to.
Speaker 3: Have guys that great.
Speaker 20: But you know, you look at the look at some of those really good Miller teams. They weren't they didn't have that ball dominant guy. You know, it could been you know, look at the look at the you know, the teams that lost to Wisconsin. It could be Nick Johnson one night, Aaron Gordon another night when.
Speaker 5: Healthier, Brandon Ashley. That's what this team.
Speaker 20: Kind of reminds me of. They're not that good yet and they may never get that good, but there are you know, four or five guys. You could have a door some night where he goes four or five from the line to fifteen and that freeze everyone else up to drive the line.
Speaker 5: You could have a night work.
Speaker 20: Would you be shocked if if suddenly Basar takes advantage of a smaller player and and puts in eighteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he could have zero the next night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trouble.
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm expecting that where he's just gonna go off one night from the perimeter end close by because he has that in him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Yeah, he reminds me, you know, he's trying to remind me of some of those Loot guys.
Speaker 5: There's a little he's a little bit.
Speaker 20: He's a better shooter, and he might not be quite as tough, but there's a little Bramlet in him. I think where you know, people just forget Bramlett was just just put in the work and had really good nights and you didn't expect. Also, you look up and he was at twelve and eight. I think Henry's kind of becoming that guy. Now Henry can, you know, can knock down the three. He's a little more athletic, not quite as tough as AJ, but I think he has that kind of role where he's kind of that fourth or fifth guy, but he's gonna sneak up on you and it has some big nights and I think there's some some better things ahead.
Speaker 2: For him down the way, twelve and eight would be nice from Henry consistently, right, Yeah, And if you got that from from Ohaka and from Townsend, you know, thirteen and seven combined, I think that's another good night.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 20: I think if you can get from your post probably twenty to twenty five and twelve rebounds from those three, you're probably in great shape, you know, And I think they're capable, But just it's that consistency. You know, Trey Townsend's looked like a you know whatever conference player of the year, and the next night he looked like the twelfth man.
Speaker 3: On Oakland University.
Speaker 5: And then I take that's.
Speaker 20: Unfortunate what you're just going to get from him and Owaka and to a lesser of Kim Basar has been the most consistent of the three, which I think is very interesting because I'm not sure any of us would have said that preseason.
Speaker 2: No, let's go the last question, uh football, Do you like what you're seeing from Brennan on the transfer port?
Speaker 20: I do? And you know, I think what he's doing he basically knew and he knew this last year. You know, we talked about there was a lot of talent here, but was one to thirty and maybe one to thirty wasn't even as good as we thought. He needs to build depth. So what he's doing, he's casting a wide net and hoping that if they can get twenty five to thirty really solid players, you know, forty out of this group, that's a good building block. You know, they brought in another receiver today, a guy from Tennessee Chattanooga. So that's four transfer receivers, two freshmen, a couple of guys coming back. That's eight receivers.
Speaker 3: And if you can get three.
Speaker 5: Of them to consistently perform.
Speaker 20: You're in great shape. You know, they brought in the lineman who was at Oregon stage from Pueblo. I think that gives them four or five offensive linemen they're bringing in.
Speaker 3: You know, they were turning several.
Speaker 20: You know, they lost two or three key guys, but again, you need six or seven linemen because last year they had about four, maybe three. So that's what he's doing. I think it's a good strategy. You know, they are taking some chances on smaller conference guys. You know, they have the two guys I think was at Northwestern State, who was an awful football team, but they were their two best players. You've got Chattanooga, You've.
Speaker 5: Got I think you had a Montana.
Speaker 20: So you've got guys who performed at a high level at smaller schools. You also have guys who have performed okay at comparable schools or bigger schools. You know, the kid from Michigan who is a part time starter, the lineman from Georgia Tech. So it's just kind of this wide net and you hope you can get enough of them to hit. I also like that he's bringing back.
Speaker 5: Most of not all.
Speaker 20: Obviously, you know, Takario Davis is gone. Man who's gone. A couple others are gone. But you know, getting Genesis Smith back was huge, Getting Stoops back is huge. Getting a few of those other dvs back is huge. So I think they're building depths. Now you wonder do they have enough star power. But if this offensive coordinator is good, can you know, Noah Fafiita become a star again because last year he was ordinary, the year before he was special. Can they get that out of him? Can they get that out of some of these young running backs like Bersano, and then they have at.
Speaker 3: Chance be good? Great?
Speaker 20: No, but I think we you know a lot of people overrated them last year. I thought they were seven or eight wins. I certainly didn't see four wins. But if they can be in that six to eight range, I think you got some great building blocks for the future.
Speaker 3: Well, I think Brennan will take that.
Speaker 2: I think the AD will take that and not pull a trigger on and will the fans take that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's right.
Speaker 20: Honest. I think right now the fans are so bailed on.
Speaker 5: It that if anything over you know, anything.
Speaker 20: Flirting with five hundred, I think you get them back on board, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brad, thanks as usual, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Great being with you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, Yeah, thanks. That was Brad Alice from the Wildcat Sports Report. We'll take a break here, talk a little bit more about what we just talked about. We'll get some breaking news at the top of the hour. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Take a look back at the Ludelsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them and inspire them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's loved coach. Lessons from Newton is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 10: Hi, this is formal wild get Leman huntly with Arizona Health imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space in your life. We off a complete line of caudio machines, multi gyms, and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you up with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our shareroom today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 13: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make some day today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial lad available. It's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PIMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you.
Speaker 3: Learn how at pima dot edu. Slash someday, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at a home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Selling your home want to get more money for it? Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home you Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Armny Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty year and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home of Daniel Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand, Tucson.
Speaker 13: It's time for the Colo Guard Classic by Exact Sciences March seventh through the ninth at La Poloma Country Club and the Weston La Paloma Resort and Spa. Come see some of golf's greatest players competing for the coveted Tucson Conquisador's helmet. It's PGA Tour Championship golf at its finest. Don't forget to join us Friday and Saturday Night under the Stars to watch Vanilla Ice and coet So live in concert at Riedo Park. The Coli Guard Classic by Exact Sciences benefiting colorectal cancer awareness in Tucson youth sports. Get your tickets and more at Colo Guard Classic dot com. This that is brought to you by Fallbaum Crowley Investment Group at RBC Wealth Management.
Speaker 19: Streamy live on the iHeartRadio app. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to Ian about here at Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera and today with me is Dave Silver. You got one at the control boards. I want to remind people that will be at the Del Soul Sportsbook tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Jay and I, one.
Speaker 2: Of our second last time will be there for the football season. So come by and business if you have a chance. We'll be from three to five. Should be a lot of fun. So obviously sports sold sports offering the most competitive lines in Arizona sports or sold sports. The Casino Del Sportsbook offers the most competitive lines in Arizona Sports. Sportsbook features a spacious sports biding area. It's fantastic that you've been there, right and there. It's an open air at a lot of big screen TVs. Very casual, very cool, very nice, have a lot of prop bets on all that they I mentioned yesterday they had one hundred thousand dollars super paper rock scissors contest.
Speaker 3: You can kind of do that.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it works, but you have to slide your card and you get some points and you do it that way.
Speaker 3: Uh, Rock paid percisors. Uh.
Speaker 2: And obviously the playoffs are going to be starting here pretty soon here this weekend, right first weekend NFL. NFL tonight or tomorrow is going to be the first game for college to go to that and then Friday the next game.
Speaker 3: When's the when's the final Final? Is it that January twentieth, Monday, Monday? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, so no, yeah, tomorrow you guys can preview that Penn State Notre Dame. Yeah, it's going to be pretty fun. Yeah, it should be. It should be a good weekend of football, great weekend, got straight days. Yeah, you got those two games back to back. Then you have with three NFL games I think on.
Speaker 4: Saturday two, two, Saturday, three, Sunday, and then Friday, Sunday and Monday night.
Speaker 2: So you have that then did you have you heard this? We had this last time we were we were there. NFL Cross game matchups ready for football bet any team against any team, no matter the schedule. NFL Cross Game matchups only at Cell Sports from now until February ninth. So if you have one team against another team or they're not playing each other, it's this team against another team that's playing and they and they come up with the line like automatic. It's just kind of strange. Uh, you know for hey, hello, my name is Steve. I have a gambling problem for those people. Yeah, one of the next step. So that's that's kind of cool. Well, a lot of stuff going on ume seasonal section. They have honey so rocha, chickens, wings, obviously a lot of food there. So look forward to seeing people there. We've had a few guests the last few nights that we were there. Okay, I agree with with the Brad on a lot of few things. Uh the stars, you're you're Bryant guy that you know you expect more things from him. Yeah, I agree too, because once he continues to get more confidence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's kind of a typical freshman situation we've we talked about earlier where he comes in and you know what's expected of him. Is he expected to come in and score fifteen to twenty points a game or is he going to be, you know, a facilitator and just learn the game. Oh, the game is much different than you know, from high school to college.
Speaker 2: Let me throw this at you, Dave, because you were there and I was there when things well, you were there and I.
Speaker 3: When Loot was here.
Speaker 2: So of the starters now and maybe the top seven guys, how many would start for Loots teams?
Speaker 3: Caleb?
Speaker 6: Caleb for sure? I mean Bradley I think too. I think so too. I mean I like Brad was saying, I kind of forgot about how you know, how good he isnt getting into the basket and he doesn't need to have that's assists. He's going to have five, Say he has four to seven a game would would be great and he scores he could score, you know, fifteen points and that's a pretty solid performance. Yeah, probably kJ two and Bryant as well, three guys that who else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I think the bestar would come off the bench Townsend no waka No, but walk is more like a Genie Nigrison type kind of come in and fill in and get the rebound and create chaos.
Speaker 3: Townsend.
Speaker 2: I don't really know who he would be. Maybe a just In style. I really have to think of it. I don't know, I don't know. No, he hasn't showed me enough yet. No, no, I don't think he will. I mean he hasn't to this point.
Speaker 6: The very first first game, it wasn't even a real six threes.
Speaker 2: He had a three last game, I think early in the game. And and Delorso probably not. You remember Matt You remember bow Mulewak remember that name? What was his claim to fame? I don't remember. I'll tell you that Red Blue came in. He had twenty six points off the bell. You know, he was a walk on dude from and you never saw him again.
Speaker 3: I don't think he even played.
Speaker 6: No, he didn't even make the roster though he did, but he but he didn't play it.
Speaker 3: I do remember that name. Yeah, yeah, he had that great Red Blue game. So who's this guy?
Speaker 2: And well it was like Josh when Josh came in. Josh could shoot it, right, you could shoot it, but Josh, Yeah, it wasn't good enough obviously. So all right, Yeah, I figured that this team has a lot of talent considering, but so to other teams, especially in this league.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And then again, as you know, we've talked about it, it's gonna be kind of fun just to sort of see how it plays out in these arenas against these teams that were maybe not all familiar with just yet and learning the reputations of these players and these coaches, and you know, besides the name, we know the names of Kansas, and we know the names of Houston and things like that, but you know, do we really know their players just yet?
Speaker 2: And last night there was no benefited from the snowscarn. A lot of people could not get to the game. Yep, you know, the locals couldn't get to the game, so there was a subdued crowd. Not that that would have made a difference last night because they was when it played really well.
Speaker 6: Everyone's looking for an excuse though, Oh yeah, yeah, of course, you know Arizona during this during the break, there's not enough fans here. They only got ten thousand or whatever. Well, dud, don't show that was the case here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And you know people are thinking this is a great place to playing. Well, no one's here. Well, and and Tucson you know this too, Dave. If they're not, if they're what were they eight and five or seven and five, Tucson doesn't fill an average with them under any.
Speaker 6: Aren't we looking at some eight o'clock and nine o'clock start coming. Yeah, you have to be there for those games, right, So those that's going to be a couple of late night ers.
Speaker 2: No, I know, And we talked about this last night. I can't remember who I was with. People are saying, oh, they're going to move to the Big twelve, we won't have to worry about these late night games.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, be careful what you wish for. We're still in Arizona. Yeah, yeah, you know, that's it's a time zone situation. They love having that game somewhere on the East coast.
Speaker 3: It's o'clock.
Speaker 2: You have to pull up the schedule. I think Saturday's game is eight thirty.
Speaker 4: Saturdays at eight, and next Tuesday inst s Balers at nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's and then the Monday game with Iowa States like at nine.
Speaker 4: Eight thirty, eight thirty, but more than likely nine because of TV.
Speaker 6: And yeah, so yeah BYU games at nine on the road, but that's still nine our time.
Speaker 4: Texas Tech on a Saturday at eight o'clock. You got Houston at noon on a Saturday. That's pretty nice.
Speaker 3: That's here. That's in February. The ASU game there in tenp is eleven, eleven o'clock. No, that's the first party first. Yeah, so it's going to happen. You know, it's where we are.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's basically and that's kind of why these leagues did what they did. Conferences did what they did, or you know, to get the TV windows.
Speaker 3: Have you watched the game on TV? Oh? Yeah? How was the streaming? It's okay. Last night was fine. I thought at least I didn't experience anything. Yeah, I mean I've still people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the thing, I guess maybe I haven't figured out how to necessarily record the game on ESPN Plus. I'm not sure you can see. That's the situation. People have been complaining a little bit about that you can't record it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I want to rewatch it twice.
Speaker 6: Well, if you're not home and you want to record it, like you know, you can turn off your phone and get home and just zip through that game in a half hour.
Speaker 3: But can we do that anymore with the ESPN Plus I'm not right now. You can't stream, you can't the streaming, you can't record. I don't believe.
Speaker 2: So Okay, well that you have it, there's another thing to complain about.
Speaker 3: Oh damn it.
Speaker 2: Okay, anybody want to call We got about three minutes five two four one, give us a quick call. See what your thoughts are about tomorrow. Well, yesterday's game.
Speaker 4: So ESPN does not have a DVR storage, but you can watch some events on demand. They'll come back and have them available for you to watch occasionally. Yeah, but nothing nothing to record.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I enjoy I've always enjoyed the app they have if you like golf, especially if you're a golf fan. They've shown the tournaments on you know, Thursdays and Fridays and stuff like that almost all day.
Speaker 3: Long on ESPN Plus.
Speaker 6: And then they're all the all the ESPN shows are you know on there, all those thirty for thirties and the sixties and all the different shows they've had through the years, all the Manning shows and stuff like that. If you if you want to kids kill time, they're there.
Speaker 2: But we talked about this yesterday etis. But Andy did about that Pro League on did you see that?
Speaker 3: Yes night? They had us a little bit. It was kind of interesting. I didn't really understand it.
Speaker 2: It was I missed it. That's to say digital is on. It's yeah, you know, up against the screen and you put.
Speaker 3: All that stuff like McElroy. I don't think. I think he will be dex week. Tiger's in it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so in front of an audience, so people watching you go golf.
Speaker 3: I guess that'll be kind of cool. See your your favorite play golf. Yeah, what is it? The n I g L t g L golf gl.
Speaker 4: Six teams represents six different cities, go head to head all season long. So trying to figure out what exact how exactly it works.
Speaker 3: But it's like in a sports bar.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean that's what you know, y have that big screen that is simulation type of thing.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Tiger was on the broadcast apparently last night. Yeah, so he'll be playing next week.
Speaker 2: Man, anything for for a buck and people are going to watch.
Speaker 3: You know, in the middle of the week. What else is that?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean there's obviously stuff out there, especially with with the ESPN's commitment to college basketball. Just just stick this in there. It's an interesting commitment to make.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe the way it works is you start at a certain area where you like tee off, you hit it into the screen. It goes as a certain distance and estimations and all that, and depending on where you're at, you go to a different spot, you're a little bit closer than once you're in the green.
Speaker 3: They actually have it there. Oh, the put the green, the putting. Yeah, I thought that was strange because I saw that. So how they do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I'm more, how is it going to be the same every time?
Speaker 3: Doesn't it change? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They probably do have some courses that are different. Yeah, yeah, I don't know, but kind of cool. I guess innovation, Yeah, go on, you know, yeah, something for the kids. So yeah, you know, seriously, it's no different. You're right, and that's what they're guarding everything for, not guarding, but making everything for right, the thirty millennials, the young kids want to watch the stuff that they don't give a crap about you, Dave. They don't give a crap about me.
Speaker 6: They don't want to sit there and watch four hours of golf on a Sunday, watch know, an hour and a half of this and make believe it's a video game.
Speaker 3: And I think it's legit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess we're gonna get that with basketball and football soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guarantee it. Well, all these three on threes and stuff like that that they've kind of you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the waen you factory women are doing yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And the do you get you.
Speaker 2: Get anything from the courts, the different cell courts that you see now on TV, you know, with like the l ed likes. Yeah, the just kind of like the different they're not basketball courses, yeah, the normal basketball course.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't, I don't. I will always prefer just would Was it just me?
Speaker 6: I was watching Oregon basketball? Have they toned down their court? Have you noticed that changed? It's not as the trees are not as prominent, it's maybe it's a maybe the big tens to forget it, get it. If you guys are coming, you got to do something in that court because it was tough to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't, I haven't seen it. But they're pretty good. They're pretty good this year.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're gonna go right, Okay, we'll come back with your breaking news.
Speaker 3: This report