Speaker 1: Happy Holidays, Solar System. It's Jack certainly hoped for those of you who enjoyed Christmas this year that it brought all of the abundance and just my numbing generosity that we were able to experience on the unwrappening twenty twenty four, which by now you know has rolled out systematically day by day as we mark another year, an important year here at tlf HQ. It's of course TLFX and a couple of things to share with you as the year closes and as we head in to a flipping of the calendar. First of all, you should know that quite soon here on the main feed, we're going to be closing a loop that started this year on the TLFX series of special programming, The tlf Hall of Fame, which was voted on by some of the more stringent and intense and serious members of the Solar System, is going to be rolled out in a big burst here to close out TLFX as we look back on some of the great moments by some of our keenest listeners in terms of all the things that are contained in that catalog. So do look for that one by one here in the main feed in the days to come, and that should prove the perfect entree for those of you who are still in the fence, or procrastinating, or whatever the case may be, just haven't gotten to it, the perfect entree to remind you that TLF deserves your vote, your voice, as well as your vote in the Sports Podcast Group's Best Wrestling Podcast Award. The Sports Podcast Awards is nominated that fucking cast as a finalist in the best Wrestling category. And unfortunately, from here it's a popularity contest and TLF is nothing if not some entity that can figure out the rules of the game and execute upon those rules. And so if meritocracy is to have a voice in the world. As we enter a new decade for the cast and a new year for the world, you ought to navigate over to Sports Podcastgroup dot com. You'll see the award drop down menu and the twenty twenty five short lists at the top of the page. Click through that get to your best Wrestling section and there you'll see that black and red logo, and you know what you must do. Let us know on our social media channels where you can find that link as well to vote that you did vote, and we'd be glad to rebroadcast that out there and show you some love, because this is the way the rules are written, and so we will rise to that particular occasion. It's sort of urgent because voting closes on January thirteenth, so this isn't necessarily something you can put off for much longer if you want to make sure that TLF in a year in which we deserve it more than any other, gets that particular nod. I also wanted to share what's coming up here next, because there's nothing more TLFX and TLF Christmas than receiving missives as well as pieces of audio from members of the Solar System as they do their holiday travels, and we got a douzy for you this year, and as a lot of folks travel home for the holidays in the next couple of days, thought this was particularly fitting and well placed in terms of the calendar, as Rob was able to share with us some audio he recorded on his Christmas drive back and of four hour drive, he writes, to Shrewsbury with my wife and two kids, all three asleep. There's only one thing I'm listening to. There's only one thing I need. Then my wife wakes up and asks the question, so please do enjoy what we hope is the quintessential husband wife spousal exchange in and around that fucking cast, as only we could bring to life after ten years of relentless podcasting. So here's Rob, and here it is now in your court to once again vote for us in the Sports Podcast Group's Best Sports Podcast Wrestling Podcast of the Year awards. The details again on our social media channels or Sports Podcastgroup dot com. A bit more to come your way before we close the year, including a wonderful New Year's Eve t LFX testimonial from the Homie Dickie. So much more to look forward to as we close out a banner year for the show. No further ado. Here is that nat sound? As they say with the Homie Rob enjoy?
Speaker 2: Okay, so could you just repeat what you ask me?
Speaker 3: So you're listened to the Fun Lab Seed podcast and I know you always listen to and you're always behind, So I ask you how often.
Speaker 4: They make this podcast? So yeah, I'm always behind?
Speaker 2: You mean that they have I'm always there's always a large queue of episodes that.
Speaker 4: I haven't listened to and how long is the episode? Right?
Speaker 2: That's when I said, when you said how long is the episode? I smiled and I said, press record.
Speaker 4: So that's where So they do?
Speaker 2: I think I think they do like one regular episode of that week a week, but I'm only on a I'm on a certain tier. I only get those episodes. But they also do another episode where they talk about movies, and they also do another episode where they talk about their mom.
Speaker 4: One of their moms watch is wrestling with them.
Speaker 2: So they did three yea and no. Because I don't pay for that, and if you did, you would.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm already.
Speaker 2: About I think I'm about two hundred hours behind. My best guesses are about two hundred hours behind. Like how many I listened to some unwatched, unlistened episodes and they're talking about COVID, so are pretty far behind. But to answer your question, the average length of an episode is like five or six hours.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, did they have no live? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who was doing six hour podcast once or twice or three times a week?
Speaker 4: It's like a full time job.
Speaker 1: Is that the job?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 2: Well, one of them is a journalist, one of them is an actor, so that I think they have no I think they have a bit of freedom because they're both free lance. I think they're both freelance. I think they have a bit of freedom.
Speaker 3: Can be an actor a freelancer actor.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I expect, you know, take what you get, I imagine. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, So during the subject that they talk about is so they spend five six seven hours talking about wrestling, but only wrestling in the past.
Speaker 4: So I don't think there's that be enough past they are, to be fair, they are running out a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, six hours at episode and you're three hundred and eighty seven.
Speaker 2: One, So let's think, So how much personal do they Well, whenever someone dies, whenever someone important dies. So there's a wrestling called Psycho said he just died and they did a tribute to him.
Speaker 4: And it's ten episodes.
Speaker 3: What are they looking in this person like a fa Facebook page and go everything.
Speaker 2: Well, because one of them is a journalists that the one that's a journalist.
Speaker 4: Really really really really.
Speaker 3: Ticksty you know, cyclopedia and this like it is very good at like going from the childhood to the middle hood and then through the older and it's it's an hour and you know, longest the longest one was People three, three episodes of Inche like two hours.
Speaker 2: That is the longest one, right, yeah, yeah, I mean why would I listen to like a seven hour podcast. Doesn't make any sense, right, It's just exhausting, right, Yeah, you can get bored.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is I've been listening to it for I think about ten years.
Speaker 4: Now and just behind.
Speaker 2: But I got behind as soon as COVID hit. Because when COVID hit, they just went into this. They went crazy. They had nothing else to do. There might have been there, but they did a bunch of hogansun number one Hogan in Japan.
Speaker 4: Episodes they had some gets very detat yeah, I mean when they did the whole.
Speaker 2: So they did Vincent, they did a whole series called so as well as doing episodes, they also do like like a special series, so they have like a mini series within the show. So the mini series, the first mini series they ever did was about you know that movie that you nearly watched, The Iron Clare. Remember the Iron Clare. Wow, it's about the.
Speaker 3: Wrestler they stop watching you stop watching.
Speaker 2: You No, you never watched it, but you said you wanted to watch it. Oh so yeah, yeah, Well it's a So that's that's the it was a mini series called The Lamentable Tragedy of the Von Erics, so that they did a whole mini series about the von Erics. I think it was in twenty eighteen, and it was just it was breakthrough stuff. I mean, it was just absolutely incredible. And then they sort of they got quite addicted to miniseries.
Speaker 3: Which is like what two hours a BENI.
Speaker 2: Series somewhere between My God Time a miniseries somewhere between twenty and thirty yards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say. So.
Speaker 2: They did the Trial of his Life, which is Vincent Mann went was on this trial for distributing steroids in nineteen ninety four, and they actually paid for the tra an swercripts and all the core papers and as well as doing a deep dive into the whole story. And I'll tell you how deep the deep dive record that No, we can stop talking about it. I mean, it's no me, it's he's fucking you know. Wrestling is fake.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, I want to do you want me to record and I'm talking to you.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to you about a podcast that not only only talks about fake wrestling, but only fake wrestling from the past.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Yeah, Merry Christmas, thank you,