Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Techno, Tam Chase.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on this Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Hope you're well.
Speaker 2: You're Los Angeles Dodgers seventy two and fifty one on this season, first place in top the NLS. After a series opening win yesterday in the Loo, the Dodgers look to do it again this afternoon. With Bobby Miller back on the mound for the Dodgers, recalled from TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City, he'll get the start to face the Cardinals. First pitch from Bush Stadium is coming up at four fifteen. Coming up over the next hour plus here Amarago Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Tyler Glass. Now we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup David Vaseo. Of course, we'll check in with us and throughout the show. Just a few minutes, we'll hear from Rick Monday and Tim Neverett out at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast Boo as well.
Speaker 3: Yesterday in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: It was a night of first as the Dodgers came back to beat the Cardinals. Justin Robleski got the start. The twenty four year old rookie left hander would go five innings, four runs, four hits, three strikeouts. He had the early run support Cavin Lucks, a solo home run is eighth of the season that came in the second innings. The Dodgers grabbed a one to nothing lead. Kevin Kiermeyer then an RBI single that gave the Dodgers a two to nothing lead, but the Dodger nemesis, Paul Goldschmid old Goldie a two run home run in the bottom of the second inning even things up at two. The Cardinals took the lead in the third. They tacked on another home run in the fifth. As Saint Louis was up four to two. Justin Robleski went to five innings. In the top half of the sixth inning, the Dodgers offense finally got it going.
Speaker 3: Mookie Betts got it started.
Speaker 4: And Michaelis pitch, Mookie swings.
Speaker 5: Hits a drive to the left. This Paul is way back and it has got a home run Mookie Betts.
Speaker 4: Since returning from the injured list his twelfth of the year, and the Dodgers get some instant offense from Mookie.
Speaker 5: It is four to three.
Speaker 2: Mookie Bets with the solo home run, Dodgers down four to three. That home run three hundred and ninety six feet to left and the Dodgers were just getting going in that sixth inning. Miguel Rojas later in the inning an RBI single that tied the game at four. Then Kevin Kiirmeyer came up and with one swing of the bat gave the Dodgers the lead.
Speaker 4: Won one pitch, swinging in a high fly ball right center.
Speaker 5: It's deep, it's headed back, it has gone.
Speaker 4: It's a three run home run for Kevin Kirmeyer.
Speaker 5: Oh, how do you like that?
Speaker 4: A big sixth thinning for the Dodgers, says Kevin Kermeyer hits his fifth home run of the year, a three run shot with two men out, and it is seven to four Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: At absolute bomb from Kevin Kiermeyer four hundred and fifteen feet to right center field the Bush Stadium. Three run home run part of a five run sixth inning for the Dodgers. They took a seven to four lead Justin Robleski turned it over to the bullpen, who gave up two runs in the bottom half of the sixth that made it a seven to six Dodgers lead. As Evan Phillips would pitch the seventh, Joe Kelly pitched the eighth, put up a zero, and Michael Kopek came in for the first time to close things out for the Dodgers and had a one, two three ninth in. He struck out a pair in that ninth. Dodgers hang on and beat the Cardinals last night, seven to six to snap their two game losing streak. Justin Robleski we mentioned it was a night of first he picked up his first major league win.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to him.
Speaker 2: Michael Kopek picked up his first save as a Dodger, his tenth on the season overall, as the Dodgers improved as seventy two and fifty one. With the Padres and Diamondbacks both losing last night, the Dodgers pick up a game in the standings, now three games up in the division, and today they look to make it two straight over Saint Louis. Bobby Miller on the mound first pitch at four fifteen and with more, Let's head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and as we say hello to Rick Monday, Tim Nevertt, guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks Tim. It is a beautiful afternoon in the evening here in Saint Louis, Missouri, sunshine, not a cloud to be seen anywhere, and the temperatures in the high eighties as the Dodgers and Cardinals get ready for Game two of this three game set. Dodgers three games up now after winning last night and seeing the Potreys and Diamondbacks lose twenty one games over five hundred and seventy two and fifty one. The Cardinals, meantime, have dropped to ten back in the Central in a second place time with Cincinnati. They are sixty and sixty two and have lost five straight. Andre Polante out of UC Irvine. He will get the start for the Cardinals tonight, and Bobby Miller taking the spot of Tyler Glasnow in the starting rotation, just called up from TRIPAA, Oklahoma City and moll Last night we saw, of course the Dodgers win seventh to six to take Game one here, but also the emergence of what could be the new Dodgers closer and Michael Kopek.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all he did was coming in through one hundred and three miles an hour. One of the pitches, quite a few were above one hundred, so he struck out two of the three batters that he faced to close out in the ninth inning. Is Dodger ball club tim continues to really flex their wings when they score first. They're now fifty three wins and just thirteen losses when they put a tally upon the board. And what about Kevin Kiermyer comes on, you know, not a bad pickup to begin with. We've already seen what he could do defensively well last night two for four offensively, knocked in four runs, including the big blast, the three run home run coming in the sixth inning.
Speaker 4: And Mookie Beat's got him going in the sixth inning with a home run. Since coming off the shelf, missing forty five games due to a broken hand, Mookie's hitting four hundred. He's eight for twenty, two home runs and four RBIs the.
Speaker 6: Dodgers getting some pretty good ballace up and down throughout the lineup. And I mentioned that because for sho hey Otani, as much as he has done offensive standpoint, I mean, it's been absolutely off the charts. However, if we look at the last nine games, he's barely hitting one hundred one oh three to be exact. But the other guy is picking up the slack until he gets hot again. And when he gets hot again, guess what, No one's going to be leaving their seats either. They're not doing it now, but Otani every time he comes to home plate is a big, big threat, regardless of what he is batting as far as the average. Recently, the guy who's now become a legitimate threat is the second baseman, Gavin Lucks three eighty five hit her with nineteen runs batted in in five home runs over his last twenty five games. Yeah, and yet we look at the first seventy nine games of the season, he hit two eleven and it was not really allowed to eleven. But all of a sudden he has caught fire. You can see the difference in him from a confidence standpoint. You know, the other guy that's also hit well and played position well, that being a short stopped Miguel Rojas. Rojas who is hitting at one eight two during the month of July, well so far in August. Yes, it's early, this is only thiseenth, but he's hit over three hundred this month.
Speaker 4: Dodgers had to make a couple of roster moves today, justin Robotsky last night, starting in winning pitcher optioned back to TRIPLEA Oklahoma City to make room for Bobby Miller to get on the roster today. And also Ryan Brazier is back in the Dodger bullpen. He is active tonight. The Dodgers optioning Michael Grove.
Speaker 6: This is another story to tim is it? They're talking briefly with Dave Roberts on the bus coming to the Beaufort today. We touched upon it last night. This is a bullpen the Dodgers have. They're tired. They have used a lot of relievers day in, day out, night in, night out, and you don't know what you're going to get tonight from Bobby Miller. One thing that we are going to be looking at. There seemed to be a drop off in velocity and his reham starts. We'll see how that works tonight. They need Miller to go as long and as hard as he can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Miller one in two with an eight o seven ERA among major league starters. That's the highest ra Andre Polonte four and six and a four to two one on the era. Polante makes his thirteenth start, his twenty second overall appearance for the Cardinals. Dodgers Cardinals, coming up from Bush Stadium in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you guys, as we cunt you down to first pitch on this Saturday. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David vas Say. You'll hear from Tyler Glass now who went on the engine list last night with the arm soreness. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup up next though your Otani rewinding. We'll hear from Kevin Kiermeyer, who had a huge home run last night and a big defensive play as well. Lead you up to first pitcher Saint Louis on this Saturday, Dodgers and Cardinals, thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Network its Lorongo Casinos Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cardinals on this Saturday afternoon. Bobby Miller and Andre Pilante. You see Irvine, Sant Clement and High School. It's gonna be on the mound for Saint Louis. First pitch coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewid.
Speaker 2: Well quiet night from shoey Otani last night in the Dodgers seven to six win over the Cardinals. Three home runs hit by Gavin Lux, Mookie Betts, and Kevin Kirmeyer. Again though the Dodgers didn't get much from Otani offensively, but they got the win. Most importantly, now seventy two and fifty one in a three game lead in the Division. The Otani rewind brought to you by Eto Anzooja, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Shoe Otani loves and drinks. If he'll be a local Diso stores, Amazon and eto in dot Com, that's I t O e N dot Com. Last night, Kevin Kiirmeyer provided a lot of the Dodgers offense. In the eighth Body Goes two for four with a home run, drives in four. He had an RBI single in the second inning and then the three run home run in the sixth the need to give the Dodgers the lead seven to four. They go on to win seven to six, and afterwards Kevin kier Meyer talk with David by.
Speaker 7: This man, Kevin Kiirmeyer own the sixth inning tonight. Let's start with the go ahead three run home run off of Andrew Kiddridge. If he went to back to backsliders against you, were you expecting that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 8: He's either your sinker or slider, and I was just trying to see the ball up and got a good pitch to hit and thankfully hit it good enough to you know, get it out.
Speaker 3: And spark a huge momentum force right there.
Speaker 7: Your first home run as the Dodger big What was your feelings not only rounding the bases but getting the sunflower seeds from ta Oscar?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it felt great.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: Once again, I just want to contribute to this team. And I'm starting to, uh, you know, Phil feel like myself against and you know, slowly get locked in, slowly but surely, but I feel great. And you know, anytime I'm in the laugh. I'm just trying to create a spark or some energy anyway I can.
Speaker 7: You also made a huge catch to end the sixth inning with the Cardinals threatening. How were you able to get such a good jump off that ball?
Speaker 3: Playing so in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I love being out there in centerfield. That's where I'm most comfortable. I just see the ball, listen to my instincts, go get it. There's no thinking, it's just go get it.
Speaker 3: And got a good.
Speaker 5: Jump right there.
Speaker 8: And I always let you guys know, I dream of those opportunities. I want the ball hits me in the big situations, and that's what I.
Speaker 5: Love to do. This must have been a dream game for you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Friday night here in Saint Louis with my new team. This is great and the guys treat me awesome. Big win right here to start the series. Come out tomorrow, try to win it.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot ninety three.
Speaker 7: There it goes, Kevin kiir Meyer doing everything for the Dodgers in the sixth inning tonight.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a great defensive play in the bottom of the six as well. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of to the car donate today or car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Cars for Kids. That's cars with a case still to come. Here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup David Vasegos one on one with a Ryan Razio who gets activated off the injured list. Some of the welcome help to this Dodgers bullpen up next that will get you an injury report, and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts Dodgers Cardinals first pitch from Saint Louis of four fifteen.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday, Morongo Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam for good times leading up to Dodgers and Cardinals from Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: First pitch share four fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tyler Glasnell on the iel at the right elbow ten to night is. The Dodgers didn't make a move today. They recall Bobby Miller, who gets the start, activated Ryan Brasier off the injured list, and they have optioned Michael Grove and Justin Robluski to Triple A. Oklahoma City brews Dar gratterol on the iel at the right hamstring strain. Chris Taylor was in Oklahoma City last night working his way back from a groin injury. Blake Trinan is in Tulsa working with the Double A Drillers coming back from right hip discomfort. Yoshinobiyamamoto is going to throw a sim game next week with the strained rotator cuff. Max Munsey Tommy Edmund on rehab assignments. Both expected to join the Dodgers in this next homestand in the series against the Mariners. All right, let's set back out to Saint Louis. Check out the Dodgers skipper any Dave?
Speaker 7: Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 6: Dave?
Speaker 9: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave?
Speaker 5: Robbers Dave?
Speaker 7: What should we expect from Bobby Miller? Or do you even know, what do we expect.
Speaker 10: You know what, I really don't. I mean, I'm expecting him to throw the baseball. Well, you know, the pitch count is fine as far as the build up, so you know, I just want him go out there and phill up the strike zone, use his pitch mix, and give us a chance to win. But I know Bobby's excited to get back here, be back in the big leagues, and help us win a ball game.
Speaker 7: I know, obviously in Oklahoma City it's not like he blew the world away. But do you feel like coming back to a major league game can take it to the next level for him?
Speaker 10: I do. I know he's healthy, I know he's excited to be back here, and you know, coming here and pitching in this ballpark does something to a player. He's from Illinois, so I think he's excited to be back here, and I do think that's going to add, you know, some more adrenaline to his start. So hopefully that manifests into a good outing day off for Tale. Yeah, just a day off for Tale. Obviously, I've run him out there essentially every day this year outside a couple of days. Uh, you know, with that funeral he had to.
Speaker 5: Go back for.
Speaker 10: But this stretch kind of hot, humid. I just felt it was a good day and KK swinging the bat, well, get Andy in there, feel good about the defense, and also given Tail the off day to get ready for tomorrow and Sonny Gray and then the three games at home.
Speaker 7: Honestly, he had, as Bobby Miller earned to call back and did he pitched the.
Speaker 3: Point where from work, you know, it kind of an.
Speaker 10: Urgent need here he would be back, you know, I think it was. It was certainly a matter of circumstance, but I think that's the way it happens a lot of times. Also, I think in a perfect world, we'd probably you know, have him take down another outing down there. But the way it's kind of played out, we need him and he was ready for ready when called the pump today, tops down today.
Speaker 11: How do you see Brazier sort of getting back into this mix.
Speaker 10: I see him as a I think given that copex down Evan, I'd like to stay away from bandits down. I see him as a leverage guy. I think he can do an updown, which is helpful. I see him as a neutral guy. So I feel good about, you know, whatever spot I put Brazion.
Speaker 12: We're just heating the way the winds blowing. Ball gonna be flying tonight or.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 10: If you keep the ball down. So you keep the ball down, you're gonna be all right. But if you get it up by the belt buckle, there's gonna be some big numbers put up.
Speaker 12: Dave, don't say, lewis.
Speaker 5: You looking ask like a bigger picture of Dodgers question?
Speaker 7: What are the characteristics of his culture.
Speaker 5: That makes you guys do so well annually?
Speaker 10: As far as the fan base or the or the players, Yeah, I think, you know. I think certainly you don't win without good players. I think Billy Gasprino and our our scouting department does a fantastic job of finding talent, vetting the people, and getting good baseball people. I think player development is also a big part of it. And I think at the major league level, I think we do a good job of having a culture of getting the best out of guys and making guys feel comfortable but playing to win. And you know, this day and age, guys are playing for themselves a lot, some cases understandably so. But I think we do as good a job as anyone for playing for for you know, the Dodge.
Speaker 2: All right, there's David Roberts talking about who's available, who's not in the bullpen tonight, and then again about the culture they have put together at this Dodgers organization, a winning culture in La Donald dug Out. Brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too, Like Service Titan, help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with David Vassay, we'll hear from Tyler Glassnow lead you out to first pitch, which in the Dodgers and Cardinals. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Now this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck hot your home for the blue all season law.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers and Cardinals on this Saturday.
Speaker 3: Bobby Miller makes his return.
Speaker 2: Andrew Polante out of San Clemente via UC Irvin. He gets the vault for St. Louis the umpiring crew for tonight's game, brought to by Fred Loyer and and celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 3: First pitch and Bush Stadium coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 7: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside, David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV. Bobby Miller he's back.
Speaker 7: Yes he is, and I know he's looking forward to this start and you.
Speaker 5: Know, proving a lot of critics wrong.
Speaker 7: It's funny, Tim, last year and into spring training this year, there were so many people filling up the Bobby Miller bandwagon. It's hilarious how quickly they have all jumped off after a rough start and obviously a shoulder issue to begin the year. So everybody that I spoke to in that clubhouse is really rooting for Bobby Miller to get his season on track. And man, how big would that be for the Dodgers to be able to get Bobby Miller to look like he did last year. That would be a huge boost to a rotation that has been battered and bruised all season long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hit by injury again last night with Tyler Glasnew placed on the IL with elbow tendoninas DV, where did this come from you had a chance to talk to Tyler, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, last Wednesday in Milwaukee, I watched him throw his bullpen session. Jack Flaherty actually alerted it to me because he was going out there to watch glass Now's bullpen as well, and he completed a full bullpen session. But it was the day after is the way glass Now explained it. And earlier this afternoon Tyler glass noow spoke about the mysterious elbow tendonitis in his pitching arm.
Speaker 9: No, just like after a bullpen, just a little sore, nothing crazy, And I just think they wanted me to go on the aisle, just give me more time, kind of having postseason as the priority.
Speaker 7: Dave said, yesterday, you fought to try to make today's start. Did you feel well enough to start today?
Speaker 9: I feel fine now. Yeah. I think that's the most frustrating thing. I think it's just I don't know. I I didn't want to go on the il, you know, but I think the decision was made, and I think maybe I'm not like logically thinking or something, but I feel fine. I just think their main priority, like I said, is postseason, so I kind of didn't have like a they didn't yeah, I guess I'm just on the ile.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you've been able to process all that when you kind of let them know you felt something and them playing it safe.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I got like spoke my mind and they spoke theirs and they ultimately get the decision. And it's not like you know what I mean, it's out of like trying to decide the best decision for me and the team. So it's not like you know what I mean, Like I trust all the medical staff and the coaches and front office, and if that's what they want to do, that's what they want to do. And I just I'm looking forward to the postseason.
Speaker 5: Now, all right, Tyler Glass, Now you heard it there.
Speaker 4: Tim.
Speaker 5: He did not seem like.
Speaker 7: He was that hurt, which is good news because the Dodgers in Glass now believe he'll be back.
Speaker 5: After this fifteen day il.
Speaker 3: David had driven by Ford. There's one thing we like.
Speaker 2: It's choice is fine yours with the four F one fifty gas hybrid or all electric. Toughest mark can only be called F one fifteen Freddie Freeman a milestone yesterday, DV.
Speaker 5: No doubt a big one too.
Speaker 7: It's not cal Ripkin or Lou Garrick S or Steve Garveyes. But he played his two thousand career game yesterday. Freddie Freeman joined two hundred and fifty other major league players that had played two thousand career games. And before yesterday's game, I talked to Freddy about that milestone and it was not just a round number to him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm sure there's a few of those two thousand games where I might have taken a day off here or there, but that's that's just too I am. I love it. I love being on the field. I love playing the game of baseball. But again it maybe it'd be different if I didn't have hopefully a lot more games in my future. So right now I've been add two thousand as another step on hopefully end twenty five hundred. You know what I said like that, But right now two thousand I think it is special because just moves have been able to say, hopefully I'm play play well enough long enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It represents you being out there.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and.
Speaker 5: It just means.
Speaker 12: I've learned how to play twenty one sixty two. I've played well enough that so you want me to be on the field. There's a lot that goes into it to be able to leave the two thousand games, So I do. I It does get a strong on my face just because I know how hard it is, how much work I have put in to be able to achieve two thousand teams. But hopefully it's just another step to more.
Speaker 3: Games, no doubt.
Speaker 7: Freddy Freeman wants to play one hundred and sixty two. That's how he got to two thousand career games. And how about this, the fraternity is even smaller tim with players that have played at least two thousand games and have hit five hundred doubles. Freddie Freeman is only the sixty third player to have that distinction.
Speaker 3: That is so cool, David appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans and Hanscher Listening Experience listen to Dodger games and HD on the iHeartRadio app. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plan, serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Coming up, David Vat say, we'll be back with a RAG Monday, DV We'll check in with Ryan Brazier.
Speaker 3: What up next?
Speaker 2: We'll get your Dodgers magical moment lead you up to Dodgers and Cardinals on TIM Kason's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers and Jackson on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Days the Dodgers and Cardinals on this Saturday afternoon, Bobby Miller Andre Palante. The pitching matchup, First Pitching bush Day. There coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 5: Who wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical Magical presented by Hawvey Hottogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to August seventeenth, nineteen ninety two, Yes, thirty two years ago, Dodgers at home taking on the San Francisco Giants, a night that Kevin Gross.
Speaker 3: Will never forget.
Speaker 13: We are a minute away from ten o'clock and Gross could be a minute away from.
Speaker 3: A no hitter.
Speaker 13: Bill Swift, the runner for Leonard, who was hit on a two strike pitch running at first base. Again, Gross, out of his stread Kevin Ruddy in the strike one pitch is hit in the air to shadow left Websters bought it no hitter for Kevin Gross.
Speaker 4: He and Mike Chosser throw their arms around each other. The god just mob the big right hander and Happy.
Speaker 7: Birthday This is Kevin Gross.
Speaker 5: Tom, It's a birthday.
Speaker 2: Remember all your lives stick other the Great Vincecully on the call. August seventeenth, nineteen ninety two, Tamara Gross's birthday. Her husband Kevin Gross throws a no hitter for the Dodgers and a two nothing win over the Giants. At one point he retired nineteen in a row. The Dodgers scored runs in the second and the fourth on a Eric Carroll's home run and an RBI single from Henry Rodriguez. Remember the old Henry bars. Yeah, Henry Rodriguez, Eric Carrolls getting it done offensively. Kevin Gross thirty two years ago. Today, a no no for the Dodgers. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, a so cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffey hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, well check back. Yill Rick mondays we are leading up to first pitch on this Saturday Dodgers and Cardinals.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Tip, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Bobby Miller on the Moundy Call from TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 2: Dodgers fans, start your future at California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David bas saying, here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Rick.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers are looking to continue the winning ways from last night, and the bullpen, especially Michael Kopek came up big.
Speaker 6: Well, he came up big, and I think anytime you throw pitches one hundred and three miles an hour, he also threw two others that were one hundred or higher. It's a new new look that we see Dave Roberts, and it appears that at least for right now, that's going to be the situation. That'll be Kopek that comes in to try and nail down the victories of the ninth inning?
Speaker 7: How did you like that sixth inning last night? Especially center fielder Kevin Kiermyer.
Speaker 6: Well, he runs it down. If it's hit, he has a chance to catch it. If it's in the ballpark, he may be able to take a cab and go catch it even if it's outside the ballpark. But he continues to do a lot of things. We think of the catch and the throw to a home plate in Milwaukee, the double play. It was a big spot in that particular ball game. He's just a guy, David that understands how to play defense, takes great deal of pride in doing it. I really enjoy as a former center fielder, I enjoy seeing his setup to begin with, how he prepares, how he positions himself, and then how he reads the ball off the bat. I've not seen him take a bad route at a ball, and I've not seen him get a bad jump on a ball either. So he reads the ball off the bat. Center field, second base, and shortstop. You do have the luxury from a defensive standpoint of seeing the placement of the on the bat. In other words, is it a jam shot, is it on the end of the bat. You don't have that same thing at first, at third, left and right. That's why sometimes you see outfielders and left and right that may break back on a ball that's not hit particularly well. It's either a jam shot or hit off the end of the bat because they're going off of a the swing that they see and then the trajectory initially of the baseball. You start to add those two together. You know, you take thousands and thousands of fly balls and you see them swing trajectory, you kind of add up as, oh, that ball must have been hit pretty well. But then that's why sometimes left and right you get a little bit fooled.
Speaker 7: Is that the reason why he can play more shallow than some center fielders and be able to go back and catch it.
Speaker 6: He has confidence in going back. The most shallow of center fielders playing. I have to go back a long long time Paul Blair with the Baltimore Orios. Yeah, I mean it was silly how shallow he played, because he went back faster than a lot of people it forward, and he did not get as good a break coming in as he did going back. And that was the most shallow of any center field that I've ever seen play on a consistent basis.
Speaker 5: He was like an eight time Gold Glover out there in center field.
Speaker 6: He was not a slouch.
Speaker 5: And trust me, how about.
Speaker 7: The bat of Kevin Kirmaya Rick. He is known for his glove, but he said he's been working with the Dodger hitting coaches with his hand placement, and obviously it's working.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is. He also had an RBI single his first time up in the ballgame. Besides a three run home run that came on a one one pitch. The RBI single, by the way, came on no balls and two strikes count. So he's gaining some confidence in what a transition he's made. He understands and it really appreciates the fact that he's on a ball club that has high expectations to win each and every night.
Speaker 7: He has said this multiple times. Coming to the Dodgers has rejuvenated his career.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, I think years and years of playing on that artificial surface too. Yeah, takes a wear and tear on your body. You know, if cows don't eat it, you don't particularly want to play on it every now.
Speaker 7: He actually said that he feels like his legs are fresher.
Speaker 5: Being on grass exactly.
Speaker 6: There's more cushion to it. It's not as rough. Here's the deal about artificial surfaces. Regardless of how good the quality is, and the quality now is much much better than when it first came out, if you have any aches and pains, the artificial surface will find it and it won't take long. I'm not talking about a week. I'm talking about maybe a few innings in a ball game. The constant pounding of doing it. That's why you know, I have no idea how football players played on the artificial surface for years and years, because I know what it was like just to run on. And one of the injuries that I had was diving for a ball in the Astrodome years and years ago, where they basically laid down. My understanding is they laid down the artificial turf right over the top of a pavement.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 6: It was not cushion, and it bothered my back. In fact, the first year that that I was with the Dodgers RICO.
Speaker 7: When you think about those artificial surface stadiums, the multipurpose stadiums, was the Astrodome. The one you least enjoyed playing on was there one worse than another.
Speaker 6: This one in August or July, because if we think back, I say this one, I'm talking about the one that was built in where the parking lot and the new structures are beyond the left field fence. This is new Bush Stadium. The other one circular stadium. Not much air got into it. And remember also that for a great number of years they had artificial surface, and the surface temperature in July and August in Saint Louis would be one hundred and forty plus degrees.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's not fun. Didn't you tell me you would dump your cleats in some water.
Speaker 6: Jose Cardinell did it one afternoon, right. It was to the Chicago Cubs. He misunderstood what it was that they put lining in the shoes the Cardinal players, and he talked to them about it. Guys who do all kinds of things. They take a lettuce leaf and put it underneath their camp years and years ago. They thought, well that will keep them cool. That was kind of the air conditioning system. Well, he put aluminum foil in his shoes. Oh no, that was And I looked out. It looked like he was doing a hat dance. Fourth or fifth any he came into the dugout and actually, you know, you would have a big five gallon bucket of ammonia water with a towel in it, and that's how you kind of refreshed. Didn't have air conditioning in the dugouts, and he put one foot at a time in the ammonia bucket to try and cool his feet off.
Speaker 7: Well, you don't have to worry about any of that now, Rick, you're in the press box, safe and sound.
Speaker 6: Yeah, check the ac I will, I will.
Speaker 5: I love hearing these stories.
Speaker 7: Rick, you played at a very unique time and seen a lot and experienced a lot. Yeah, how's the back today.
Speaker 6: I'll get back to it.
Speaker 7: Thanks, Rick, Well, check back in with you and Tim Nevertt a little bit later. For now, we'll send it back to the studio and Tim Kates.
Speaker 2: Are they slot DV Dodgers Baseball brought you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more Speedycash dot com or stopping in LA area Speedy Cash Store. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup with Bobby.
Speaker 3: Miller making his return.
Speaker 2: Rick will be back with Tim Nebertt and get you those keys to the game.
Speaker 3: But I'm next, so we go high and tight with Ryan Brage.
Speaker 2: He is back from the injured list just in time to help this Dodgers bullpen out Dodgers Cardinals. First pitch from Saint Louis at four to fifteen. I'm Tim kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cardinals from Saint Louis, Bobby Miller, Andre Palante.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup. First pitch comping up at four to fifteen.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital A because they're ranked number one in all of California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor c HLA dot orgy and now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vass A fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This this high and tight Brasians back with the Dodgers. Ryan Brasier officially activated. Thanks a lot for the time appreciated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, happy to be back.
Speaker 5: I know you were yesterday. Man, you were ready to go yesterday.
Speaker 11: It felt like I got out to the bullpen before the game. I'm been chomping at the bit to get back, for sure.
Speaker 7: What's this process been like for you? Obviously been through it before, but I'm sure it's never fun.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know it was long. You know, I did the same thing in twenty one, and right before I was about to get activated, I got hit in the head with a line drive. And then this year, you know, I was on my way back and about to start throwing lobby p's and stuff and had a little setback with the calf. But no, I'm feeling good. I think I had enough you know outings in Triple A to get my stuff, you know, kind of where I want it and hopefully get in there soon and help for a win.
Speaker 7: So I guess you've made the adjustment. You're only squatting now four hundred pounds.
Speaker 11: No, I haven't been doing a whole lot of squatting lately, uh, But no, I've been able to get back to pretty much you know, normal routine, you know, working out, you know, running stuff like that. So feeling good.
Speaker 7: I guess the silver lining and all this, it's not your arms. So I'm sure you're able to refine your pitches, get the feel for your pitches and be ready.
Speaker 11: Yeah, for sure, you know, and and and especially you know early on I got to throw, and even when I heard it again, I got to keep throwing. So you know, my arm's been you know, pretty much the only thing that I've been able to you know, use and do you know, throwing and stuff the last three months. But yeah, you know, my my outings in Triple A, everything got a little better, you know, the more I threw, so you know, hopefully, hopefully it'll all be there.
Speaker 7: Ryan Brazier is back. He's activated for tonight's game. Ryan, You've been around this game for a long time, but being out and watching the team from the outside, do you kind of have a better perspective on what is needed and how the team's heartbeat is right now?
Speaker 11: That's a tough question. You know, watching on TV, you kind of see things you don't see, you know, at the field, and you know, I almost feel like, you know, you go through it. You know, wins and losses are tougher or or you know, I get more excited you know, than being here like every day. But you know, I'm definitely looking forward to being back every day and being around everybody.
Speaker 7: Your locker mate here in Saint Louis is Alex Vesia and Michael Kopak. Here comes Bessia right on cue. How much have you been living and dying with all your bullpen buddies?
Speaker 3: Oh the whole time?
Speaker 11: You know, every game that that you watch, you know, you know, kind of just like in the bullpen. You know, as soon as the bullpen gets in the game, everybody kind of locks in and turns on a switch where you know, if you're next, you.
Speaker 3: Know, you got to get ready to go.
Speaker 11: But you know it's kind of hard not to do that, you know, or even watching on TV, you know, and especially if you know, we give up some runs or the lead or you know, whatever the case is, or if we you know, make some big pitches to get out of an inning. It just, you know, it's a little different than actually being here.
Speaker 7: When you're watching the game on TV. Do you watch an inning six seventh and think that's my spot right there, those are my hitters?
Speaker 11: No, not really, you know, I think even last year, you know, Doc, you know, puts guys in and just about every situation. So you know, I think everybody here, you know, has the attend of pitching in close games, you know, regardless of winning or losing. And sometimes obviously you don't get to, you know, pick when you go in, and especially with the bullpen like ours, where like I said, everybody gets like leverage situations, you.
Speaker 3: Know, depending on the day.
Speaker 9: But no, I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't know if I if I could, just because you know, I feel like everybody's kind of the same.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, maybe you got the sweats on your couch.
Speaker 3: No, I get I.
Speaker 11: Do get the sweats, but only only because I'm you know, getting trying to get these guys through their inning. Since I'm not here.
Speaker 7: How well do you know Michael Kopek, Obviously you played a lot of years, face Kevin Kiermeyer a lot of years. They've talked about how their careers have been rejuvenated being on the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: I mean, I've obviously can tell you first hand from last year. You know, they do stuff different here and played against Cope a lot, and obviously kier Myer being in the same division for you know, all the years I was in Boston. But yeah, you know, I think I think guys want to come here because they see people come here and you know, even if they're having success, you know, have more success. So I think that that this is a place for everybody wants to come.
Speaker 7: What is the reason for that? Is it, Connor McGinnis? Is it just the whole system? Can you put your finger on why?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 3: Culture?
Speaker 11: Honestly, you know, and and I think it starts at the top, but uh no, I don't. I don't know that you can put a finger on just one person, because you know, we have a huge training staff, huge coaching staff, you know, having kids around and keeping it you know, keeping it easy in here all the time, and I just you know, and obviously winning helps all that, but I think it's more of a culture thing.
Speaker 7: Mookie said the only silver landing of being out for six weeks was he got to spend time with his family that he never had the opportunity to do before.
Speaker 5: Did you have that same experience?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so they were. They were kind of on and off with me the last like three months, and then the last month and a half they were pretty much with me the whole time.
Speaker 3: Whether it was all of.
Speaker 11: Them or like my son went with me to I'll Passo when we were there, and yeah, you know, you got to take the good when you can get it, especially you know, during a bad situation and not being able to play. But now I'm here and ready to get going.
Speaker 1: No doubt.
Speaker 7: Everybody's excited. Ryan Brazier is out of the Arizona Desert and here in Saint Louis.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time and great to see you smile again.
Speaker 11: Thank you guys.
Speaker 7: There he is great. Beard still wouldn't mess with him. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game day, it's group day, it's Shaky's dot Com. Good to have Ryan Brazier back.
Speaker 2: Dodger's gonna need his arm down the stretch to help out this bullpen as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Cardinals. When we come back, we'll dive deeper to this starting pitching matchup. Go anywhere of Tim Kaks's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Cardinals on this Saturday afternoon, second game of this three game series and'll wrap up tomorrowy for the Dodgers come home. First pitch from Bush Stadium is coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: There is hit it by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality. You know, an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Andre Polonte on the mound for Saint Louis four and six one ERA. Twenty five year old right hander out of San Clemente High School went to UC Irvine, where he was a fourth round pick at the Cardinals in twenty nineteen, his third season now in the big leagues, made his major league debut in twenty twenty two. Plante played for the Italian national baseball team in the twenty twenty three World Baseball Classic. He has pitched out of the bullpen more than he has as a starter in the big leagues this season twenty one games, twelve starts, last time out, five and two third innings, two runs, three hits, four strikeouts, and a no decision against the Royals. Despite being winless in his four July starts, he owns the Cardinals' top starter eerra for the month of July with three thirty three and has got a two twenty opponents batting average July, top ten in the National League. It's the first career start against the Dodgers for Polante. He's appeared four times in relief twice this season at Dodgers Stadium in the opening series. Bobby Millard back from TRIPAA Oklahoma City, one to two with an eight h seven ERA. Second year of the big League's making this eighth start this season after a tough go around.
Speaker 3: He's been up and down for the minor leagues.
Speaker 2: Last start in the big leagues was before the All Star Break July ninth in Philadelphia. Give up nine runs on ten hits in four innings in a loss. Bobby Miller, Andre Polante, Dodgers, Cardinals were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Cardinals on this Saturday night, Bobby Miller and Andre Polante. The pitching matchup, first pitch and Bush Stadium is coming up at four fifteen. Dodger fans and hanserd listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. All right, let's go back out to the booth Rick, Tim, guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks again, Tim. We count you down to the first pitch here in Saint Louis. As we look out at the Saint Louis arch right next to the Mississippi River Bush Stadium.
Speaker 5: Should be a.
Speaker 4: Very good crowd here tonight. Starting an hour earlier tonight than we did last night, Bobby Miller gets the start activated today, Dodgers sending Justin Robleski down and Bobby Miller is up one and two. At the major league level, the era is trouble sum at eight o seven. However, the most successful Bobby had this year. Was his first start of the year happened to be against the Cardinals on the twenty ninth of March at Dodgers Stadium, when he punched out eleven over six innings of work and got his only win.
Speaker 6: Frustrating start of this season for Bobby Miller with the injuries that he had big dropoff from last year where he was eleven and four in the twenty two starts that he made well this year, the lefties have hit three to eight against him. Right handers have hit three to oho two. So we're going to find out about Bobby Miller. We heard there was a dropoff in velocity in his rehab starts. He needs consistency in that strength zone. And for Bobby Miller, he understands full well. He has a tired bullpen behind him. In a day game tomorrow and getaway day before they go back to Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: For Polante from San Clementy High School, and you see, Irvine, there's a guy that might get ambushed a little bit. When you look at his numbers. The opposition hitters are batting four fifty five against him on the first pitch and two of the five home runs he's allowed have also come on.
Speaker 3: The first pitch.
Speaker 6: And here's the reason why. Over the last two years when he's been at the big league level, first pitch fast bows seventy one percent of the time. But here's the deal too, he gets two strikes on hitters the last two years is below a two hundred batting average against Cardinals.
Speaker 4: Struggling a bit, Dodgers need to take advantage. The Cars are four and ten so far in August. They've lost five in a row. And how the Dodgers have won four of five against Saint Louis this season. Coming into this ballgame, Dodgers seventy two and fifty one, three games up in the West and the Cardinals ten games back in the Central at sixty and sixty two. Polante against Bobby Miller here at Bush Stadium.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you very much, coming up first pitch from Bush Stadium in Saint Louis, Dodgers and Cardinals. Dodgers already know they need to keep winning to maintain this three game lead in the Division over Arizona and San Diego. First pitches next, I'm sim Kates has been Moronggo Casino Dodgers on deck of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Do you know