Speaker 1: Coming to you from the dining room table at East Barbary Lane. Welcome to a new episode of Full Circle, the podcast. A visit to our home where we squeeze a few headlines through our decidedly queer lens and see what happens. This episode is brought to you by Decanta jug Wine and my disdain with sis male fragility. Notice I didn't say sis hat because if they were actually straight, we'd probably have far fewer issues and reserve ice for beverages where it belongsop.
Speaker 2: I am your host, Charles Tyson.
Speaker 1: Junior, and I'm your host Martha Madrigal. Welcome to the Full Circle Table.
Speaker 2: You warn me before I recorded that it was going to be a long intro, but I think that was the exact right length.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you the news man.
Speaker 2: Wait, well, hold on.
Speaker 1: Hi baby, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, except for the fascism, everything's great.
Speaker 1: Hey, It's a wonderful time to be alive, except for the fashion. Gothy keeps saying that because I bless America. Except for the fashion, it keeps being true. It does keep being true. I mean, you know, it's been quite a week. It's actually only been a week, I know, and we're trying to get back on schedule. So much to talk about, so much happening, and that is by design. People. They want us exhausted and distracted. Yeah I don't. Well, yes I'm distracted. I'm the distraction. Hi.
Speaker 2: And you know what you said, fascist made me think about James Baldwin famously said that black folks are used to living in a fascist state because Jim Crow South, because slavery. Like that, We're used to this shit. Everyone else thinks of fascism as being something that happens across the.
Speaker 1: Ocean, right. You know, I noticed, I have noticed I have a different view than many of my skin folk of all this, you know. And part of it is you. Part of it is You're welcome, is slash, I'm sorry, it's being trans you know. Part of it is just the people that I talk to all the time, whose views I at least here and understand, whether I you know, we certainly all have very different stories. But for many people this shit doesn't even feel new yet for real though it feels new to the people who have never been treated this way, if you know that does And I keep hoping that you know, maybe it's maybe it's good, maybe it isn't, but but you know that this last death was it, even the last one it's been a week, was the fire hose moment, right, you know? I just I keep hoping like enough Americans will be horrified that, you know, changers.
Speaker 2: Crossed because the conversation is happening.
Speaker 1: It's happening more and more mega folks are relinquishing some of their idolatry, you know, but the common section is still full of bots or what have you making the argument. And today it was all I could do to choke back. Wait a minute. You are the party of small government. You are the party who has talked about states rights mmmm and federal government overreached, and now you have completely followed the talking points of these chuckleheads, and you're you're sitting here telling us about, you know how federal law Trump's everything. What the fuck? Doude? Critical thinking? I know is not their strong suit. But never, like never, don't you stop at some point and say, I'm not even being consistent with myself all of the values I was raised with and if you were raised as a Republican, whatever, but there were values there were certain things that made sense within that party that are not a part of the argument you're making right now. Correct. In fact, they couldn't be further from it. And if this was a Democrat in the White House and we had the roving band of thugs, shit, shit, and you know what else I find ironic, And then we really will get to the show. These Second Amendment chuckleheads who have been, you know, stockpiling weapons for when the government does exactly what they're doing right now in the streets. You were going to be prepared. You never allowed for the part where you agree with them. We did. That's the difference.
Speaker 2: Hi, Can I just make a comment? Sure for a second, you with the fire in your eyes and the fierce little leopard satin robe. It's kind of hot. I'm digging it.
Speaker 1: It's actually a draft print, but thank you, Giraffe prens.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm a money part.
Speaker 1: I have multiple animal prints.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it is a Sunday morning, January eighteenth. Yes, yes, I love this. It's my it's my hosphal, it's my you know, I love it. Have a cute little black number. Anyway, Just lounging, just lounging, it.
Speaker 2: Was the flowing of it all, as you're like. And another thing, I.
Speaker 1: Talk with my hands. I love well things. Okay, yeah it I am astounded, and I like, I do my best. I stay out of the comment sections in that I very rarely ever comment. But I'll just read a few just to see what we're doing with take the temperature, just to see because it doesn't take many to see what the laughing bots do? You know? And watching these chucklehead, these idiot men who you know moments ago, how we're singing a different tune and now it's all okay, right.
Speaker 2: Chucklehead is the new asshat?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well I I it's a lot. Yeah, it's a lot, and you know some of it really, you know, irony is dead. It's incredible. So you you, I know, how to conversation? Are we going to get to that? We're gonna lead with that? What do you want to do? I know you recently had a very interesting conversation I did, and that's relevant right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I am fortunate enough to be privy to occasional conversations with several members of the black media, and in this most recent conversation, we were talking about how, yes, it's a good thing that we are having the conversations that we have been having about the murder of Renee Good. Yes, but this same energy was not given when Keith Porter was murdered just two weeks before, right on on on New Year's Eve, and so a week before right and you know, I was having that same conversation with you as we were editing last week's episode, because yeah, we made no mention.
Speaker 1: We didn't, right, it didn't get the press. It should happen, right, You actually had a conversation with the family member. Yeah, and and what was the takeaway? What was your takeaway? I don't I don't even want to name the member, It's just what was your takeaway from that conversation?
Speaker 2: The takeover? I mean, it was business as usual. The story that went out is in direct conflict with the eyewitness accounts of not just Keith Porter's family, but other residents of the of the the neighborhood, like, for instance, the off duty agent Ice agent was saying how Keith had fired on him when his gun at him, when actually what happened was Keith went outside to celebrate as many others.
Speaker 1: Had done before him, and shut the gun in the air by.
Speaker 2: Shooting his AR fifteen in the air, and that was it. He was on his way back into the house when his neighbor, the off duty ICE agent, after having gone inside and put on putting on his tactical gear, came outside and threatened him and shot him dead.
Speaker 1: And we go put my suit on, right, because black people aren't supposed to have automatic weapons, right. They didn't mean that.
Speaker 2: And the biggest the one point that stuck out to me was the family member was saying how the Ice agent reported that Keith fired three shots at him, and that someone was saying how three shots were heard? And she was like, it was an AR fifteen. You can't fire three shots, right, which is an automatic weapon. Ye, so even if you pulled the trigger once, it's going to be more than three shots.
Speaker 1: Which arguably should not have existed in the first place. But you know what it did, right, it did. And the people who you know who would defend the Ice agent are the ones who defend you know, citizens being able to be so armed. Right, But you only met white people probably, right, Oh of course, yeah, along with your friendly So it was a neighbor white, yes.
Speaker 2: And it has recently come out that the agent is facing allegations of abuse and hateful marks, according to a new La Times report, and given the new allegations, the family of Keith Porter and their attorney believe that this could qualify as a hate crime or a race related well, even though we knew that before, right.
Speaker 1: Now, because there's a history here and the La Times is reporting on it right good.
Speaker 2: So I just wanted to make sure that in this episode we made a point of mentioning Keith Porter Jr. And the fact that his death was just as significant and wasn't getting the talk and the press that it should.
Speaker 1: Hap. I'm gonna say this because of the weapon. Because of the weapon, it's not as clear cut as Renee Gold. Do you know what I'm saying. It's not as clean and served up to you in a palatable manner. And I framed this that way in honor of Cludek Colvin died.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 1: Claudet Colvin refused to give up her seat on.
Speaker 2: The bus a before before Rosa Parks, before Rosa Parks, but she was not.
Speaker 1: We won't talk about Polly Murray, who did it well before both of them, but right, but klauttk Calvin did it first.
Speaker 2: But she was not as palatable for the movie.
Speaker 1: She had darker skin, and she was pregnant out of wedlock if I were a teenager and a teenager, so she was not the face, right, And so they sent out Rosa who was more palatable right for the movement. And you know, we all do that when we're trying to make a point. And I'm just you know, it's what disgusts me about politics so often. It's like everybody does the same bullshit to make their point.
Speaker 2: It's that word.
Speaker 1: Optics, optics. The optics were different, you know, but that doesn't mean But I don't care if chuckleheads in Alabama don't get dead because they shot an a fifteen, you know what I mean, then this never should have happened, should have right, you know. And if one of them says, well, you're not supposed to have that kind of gun, who's you one now? Right, come one now? And that's what I mean, the hypocrisy. You know, these people have lost their fucking minds, right, and and words mean nothing to them.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm so glad the Black Panthers are public again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, my I was raised by two you know, not college educated humans and my grandmother, who also you know, who said right is right and wrong is nobody right? And they meant that shit. But yeah, Claudae was not chosen. But you know the point that she made again that Poly made before both of them back in like I think nineteen forty, Yeah, is what Rosa Parks was eventually known for.
Speaker 2: Right, No less powerful of a statement, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, But Claudette sat down first before Rosa, and she died at eighty six. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy because I was not made aware of her existence until an episode of Drunken.
Speaker 1: Drunk History, That's what Kathy said, Drunk History, how about that? But and if it was not for Nellie Fitzpatrick, I would not know about Polly Mary same and then you know, have then found the documentary and then found out, you know, right that Paulli yeah, refused to get up in nineteen forty. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I put on our social media after Claudette Covin died, we had a fifteen minute fave last season called Claudette Oh Okay, And it was basically a house song about Claudette Covin and the civil rights movement. I love that and I especially loved that song because the choruses do not fuck with colored people. So on the day she passed, I made a point of posting that song on our socials.
Speaker 1: Cool cool also Yeah, speaking of.
Speaker 2: Music, John Forte died. He was found dead at fifty in Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: Young so young, my age, that is young. That is young. Shit.
Speaker 2: John Forte is famously known for being part of the Refugee Camp All Stars with White Clef Jean. He was on the Carnival album. I always think of him in the song We're Trying to Stay Alive. And he had that interesting, like sneaky voice, and he could dance, and he was a he had a really cool flow. And it's funny because I was just randomly thinking about him a couple of days before because I was listening to we Trying to Stay Alive and I was like, I wonder what he's up to because he was really talented. And then two days later, so I hope I didn't do it.
Speaker 1: I don't think you did, but uh, I'm pretty sure you did not.
Speaker 2: But yeah, fifty and there's no signs of foul play or readily apparent cause of death.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was a native of New York City. Yeah, musical prodigy who broke through in his early twenties. He was a multi instrumentalist and rapper, and he released solo albums as well, with contributors including Carly Simon, who, interestingly, her son Ben Taylor was a good friend of his. Yeah, yeah, so that was that connection there to music. John Forte dead at fifty. Scott Adams I mentioned he was the disgraced racist Bilbert creator. Yeah, I did set at sixty eight, say what you want.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy that I didn't find out until much later that he was racist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the comment came out in what twenty twenty three He had a little racist rant. Until then, Dilbert was clever.
Speaker 2: It was clever, if not always funny, true, true, but it did.
Speaker 1: It was satirical about office life, and sometimes it was dead on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he did.
Speaker 1: It was ubiquitous in the nineteen nineties.
Speaker 2: It really was.
Speaker 1: He was pulled from wide circulation after he degraded black people in a twenty twenty three rant. He was pulled from the Washington Post, et cetera. And I forget what he even said, does it actually matter? No, No, I remember, so he was commenting on a poll about the statement it's okay to be white. He said. If nearly half of all blacks are not okay with white people, that's a hate group. I don't want to have anything to do with them. And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from black people because there is no fixing this. Wow, Okay, okay, holy missing the point, Batman. Yeah, and it was you know, it was a poll. It was a rest musing poll that found fifty three percent of Black Americans agreed with the statement it's okay to be white, while twenty six disagreed and twenty one percent specified they weren't sure. You know right, you know what, say what you will. That's probably true somewhere. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The comparison I always people, The comparison I always make is if everyone in your family went to everyone in my family and punched us in the face every day for let's say four hundred.
Speaker 1: Years, just to pull a number out of the air.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so everyone in my family publicly said, we don't fuck with everybody in your family, fuck each and every one of you, right, But you blame us for having that sentiment, not them. For doing the punching. That's kind of what that argument is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he tried to defend himself and did not do so. Well. No, hey, you know what it is? What it is.
Speaker 2: That leads me to believe that he had an interaction with a couple of black folks that didn't go the way he thought it would and.
Speaker 1: So therefore something something anyway he did, or he was hanging out with Joe Rogan or somebody. Well, no, I'm sorry, I don't know. Racist too, Rogan. Yeah, I mean he's a lot of things. I don't know about that part.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say this, he's a let me not even stop myself from from being nice. Yes, Joe Rogan is a racist because someone did a super cut of all the times that he said on his show and it was like a two minute video that plus loves to have people like Steven Miller on his show and like all these anti trans people. So yeah, fuck Joe Rogan. I don't even know why I was going to give him a moment of grace.
Speaker 1: I don't know, But the fact that you were willing to makes you a better person. I agree. But fuck him, yeah exactly, but fuck him. No, thank you, But I mean neither way. But yeah, as long as I don't have to do it, I can't imagine that being pla.
Speaker 2: No, I believe the phrase is painting the children.
Speaker 1: Dip it in tar.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't imagine there's a lot of fiber in his diets. That's all I We.
Speaker 2: Are hitting the ground running the week show.
Speaker 1: We're not okay, there's good news, Yes there is, and we should probably go right there, gohead, you want to start, sure.
Speaker 2: So, George Floyd's aunt called out Trump after Renee Goods killing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good Yeah.
Speaker 2: According to Angela Harrelson, her death, Renee Goods death draws parallels to George Floyd's murder and the lasting trauma it left in the community. I mean, I can't be the only one that made that comparison in my head. She said, Donald Trump is not God. He thinks he is, but he is not.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Minneapolis once again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Minneapolis is like this hotbed of of like strife and and police violence. And it's someone said, who would have thought that the revolution would start in Minneapolis, you know, besides Prince.
Speaker 1: Besides Prince. She spoke out about the killing and the similarities she sees between Goods death and Floyd's murder in May of twenty twenty yeah by a former Minneapolis police officer. While both murders were high profile and sparked nationwide protests, they also received different reactions from the public. Wonder why Goods family has also retained the same law firm that represented Floyd's family to investigate her shooting and press for answers in the case. According to The Grio, both Trump and his administration considered goods killing justified. Of course they did, uh huh, accusing her of interfering with ICE operations, Have Security Secretary Christy no Waste of Flesh called her actions a domestic terrorism. This is what I mean when I say words mean nothing, right, and said she weaponized her vehicle. Yeah, this, you know there's video people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing. They keep doing this Like Google is not a thing, Like YouTube is not a thing. Like we don't all have cameras in our pockets, bitch, we can see you.
Speaker 1: They think they have. She said, they're out of control. She's right, and they feel like they don't have to answer to nobody but Donald Trump. That is that is how they act. Because January sixth, and then he pardoned them all and then yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: She said, they're killing black, brown, and even white people. How about it, some of these people could end up being your neighbors, the people you work with, the people. You know, All of this stuff trickles down when you're dealing with absolute destruction and corruption.
Speaker 1: Yea word, corruption is the most important word here, because they are corrupt as the day is long, and we have nothing but incompetence running our government right now for nothing, but because no one who's competent will work for them exactly.
Speaker 2: She also said, I love this. She said, if you stand for humanity, you know what to do. The tide is going to turn and it's going to be rough for a while, but we will get there. I know the pain. You guys know the pain. We all know the pain. We know this pain together. But we will see the light again.
Speaker 1: We will. And like I said, Rome wasn't obliterated from the map. They just fell right. They ain't the seed of much. I mean, you know the tea dance that is the Vatican, but well you know, yeah, this is what is happening is hideous, period. I'm glad. She spoke up. Yeah, they're all related. Of course they're related. This abuse of power is a problem, and these jackals are not law enforcement per se. They're acting like they're the cops, but they're not. They're not cops.
Speaker 2: No, they're armored bullies. Right.
Speaker 1: And the only thing they can deal with his federal law, which yeah, Trump is a punishing Minnesota overall. Yeah, he is.
Speaker 2: Talking about bringing the military and to stop the protests.
Speaker 1: Right, this is all so transparent, and yet he still has those who will defend this. And you know you're the one who wants to explain it to your grandchildren if we all still have a I don't know a planet by the time this jackass is done. Christy Noom, there is a push for her impeachment, as there will should be. Word Democrats seek to remove her over the Ice allegations. Yeah, period, Yeah, she should be removed truly.
Speaker 2: She's not doing anything to make our quote homeland.
Speaker 1: Yes, she has no absolutely no qualification to be where she is. She says the most ridiculous things and she has no problem saying them like she doesn't even I don't know hesitate, let alone choke on her words, as she should, right, Robin Kelly introduced three articles of impeachment against her last Wednesday. The first accused her of obstruction of denying Congress members access to ICE facilities. CBS News reported them. The second article leg she violated public trust by sending ICE agents to arrest people without warrants and directing tear gas against citizens. And the third accuses Gnome of abusing her power by bypassing the contract process to fund a two hundred million dollar ad campaign to recruit ICE agents and giving the contract to a company run by a friend of hers. No kidding, right, no kidding brought her reign of terror to the Chicago Land Area, LA, New Orleans, Charlotte, Durham, and communities east north to south to east to west. That's everywhere. That would be everywhere. She needs to be held accountable for her actions. I agree, I agree. You know, in my best dreams, I see them all being held accountable for this.
Speaker 2: Right, make examples of all.
Speaker 1: Illegal, unconstitutional, unconscionable behavior. Yeah, m hm, yep, get them out anyway. That was I guess that's a little bright spot, right. I like to death and I loved the headline a New Yugov poll asked Americans whether they thought that certain issues were a problem for either political party. Forty four percent said that transphobia was a major problem among Republicans, and twenty four percent said they thought it was a minor problem. Only thirty two percent of respondents said it wasn't a problem and they're the transphipts. Transphobia was the second most likely issue to be labeled a problem by respondents, after hostility toward immigrants, tolerance of political violence, conspiracy thinking, white supremacy, homophobia, and fascism followed closely behind. The headline was Americans think Republicans are too obsessed with trans people? For really perfect headline, Yeah they are. This is a they need to keep pointing to something to distract and that's why they keep you know, they're putting the pedal to the metal. And then they were in the Supreme Court, you know this this week talking about us playing sports. If I could, how many of us don't even play sports in the places where they're making rules. But whatever, right. It was eleven hundred and seven US adult citizens interviewed from December thirtieth to January first, so it was a quick pull. They were also asked if they had an overall favorable opinion of the Democratic and Republican parties. Their views were fairly balanced, nine percent for a bull view of Democrats, same percentage. Somehow right, this is you know, you want to know people are stupid? Here you go, Well, I had a favorite with Republicans. But this is my point. Even their people are saying, what the fuck is your problem? Right? Stop it already? I know trans people are not raising grocery prices. We have nothing to do with Greenland or Venezuela or Argentina or wherever the fuck he is these days, Like, we have nothing to do with any of that, never did. We are not your problem, right, And that's the thing. They are the pedophiles.
Speaker 2: We need to swap out ice and bring in the irony police, because, oh my god, everyone talks about ideologies being quote shoved down our throat rootes, where it's actually transphobia that's being shoved down our roots. No one's even thinking about trans people. And then two o'clock on a Wednesday, there's something about bathrooms and sports.
Speaker 1: Right, And here's the thing. The people who continue to push this narrative are predators. They are predators, whether they're fucking children, trying to fuck children, jerking off to pictures of children being fucked, or otherwise doing shit they shouldn't be doing, right. They are the predators. Our president right now is a predator, and this is predator behavior, all of it. No, look over there, look over there. Yeah, because I'm somehow causing someone a problem. I mean, you know, unless you're upset that my tree is still up, I'm still looking at my Christmas tree because I need a little joy. Yeah, what the fuck? What the fun? But this is what this is what predators do. And you know, if we listed every fucking time there's a Republican in the paper being hauled off to jail, ding ding ding Yeah, for more charges of pedophilia. M yeah, you know who they're not in jail with drag queens, right, trans people ding ding h yeah, queers in general. Right, Yeah, we're not there. Nope, y'all are there. Y'all are there, And this is what predators do. Yep, good god. Anyway, Yeah, so we don't need surveys to know this, but you know, I'm glad they're doing them because they never did. They never bothered before. Thank you for bothering now. Yeah, they are too obsessed with us, you know why they want to fuck us? And many of them do.
Speaker 3: Mmmmmmm.
Speaker 1: You look up transport and you see where it's most popular, and then you compare that to political affiliation. It's like a direct overlay.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know, we know.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're well aware.
Speaker 2: The then diagram is a perfect fucking circle. Yes, it is pun sort of intended.
Speaker 1: So this just made me smile. Activist chalk messages outside Harry Potter play reminding fans they're fueling transphobia.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, it's like let the Little Wizard Boy story go.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Spread love, not hate, Boycott Harry Potter. Period translates. Activists protested a production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at London's Palace Theater last Sunday, writing a series of chalk messages urging fans to avoid saying the show. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Photos of the sidewalk near the theater show messages like Harry Potter tattoos have a higher regret rate than transition.
Speaker 1: That's right, Spread love, not.
Speaker 2: Hate, boycott Harry Potter. And it's true. It's like, I don't understand this need to hold on to this, Like, I can't see someone dropping two hundred, two hundred and fifty three hundred pounds on a theater ticket just to prove a point that they like JK. Rowling. I think it's like laziness of thought and not wanting to let go of things that you like. But it's like, after a certain point, who are you really? You know what I mean? Like I was a hardcore Harry Potter fan. I went on Potter more, I got myself sorted. I was a proud Slytherin for the longest time. I had my my famous uh whipping scarf was my Slytherin house scarf. But you know what happened. I put it all away because I didn't want to be associated with someone who is sympathetic to her terfism. Period. You just stop.
Speaker 1: She's funneling profits at this point two items directly sponsoring actions against trans rights and trans people exactly. She's not even hiding it, right, This is her you know, this is her thing.
Speaker 2: Right, So the money that you're spending on that theater ticket is directly funding basically trans kids killing themselves. Is that what you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is what she wants. What she wants clearly what she wants.
Speaker 2: That's what she wants. I'm talking about to the people that are going to see the shows, you don't you want?
Speaker 1: I don't know what they think about, you know, I'm reminded of how many times, you know, different people said to me, well, and culture doesn't believe that shit. Well, she's making money with it, and she went on television for how long I'm going I haven't heard her name in a while, but I don't want to hear those arguments anymore.
Speaker 2: And that's not better.
Speaker 1: This is who No, it's not better exactly. Well, it's all for theater. No, we're well past all that because too many, too many people take all this very seriously, right, and people are dying, and people are being hurt, Yeah, desperately hurt. And you know, you're showing us where you stand, right if you don't know anything about it, it shows me where you stand. I mean, all I gotta do should be discouraged is go look at the line at the chick filt.
Speaker 2: Because I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know most of y'all don't care, but yeah, but but but that is what she is doing with that money, and there are better ways to spend money. I mean, you know there are times when I can separate the art and the artist, and this is not one of them, correct, because she keeps doubling down.
Speaker 2: Right, Because there's one thing when supporting the art that you separate from the artist does nothing, but you know, contribute to the zeitgeist. And there's another one when you're directly funding the harm of other people.
Speaker 1: Right. And if she's really worried about women, fund shelters, fund, education fund, childcare fund, birth control, on fucking abortion for that matter. Right, you know, there are a lot of things that you could put your money toward that would actually protect and empower women. Yeah, going after Transfok, Nope, you're not accomplishing a goddamn thing but marginalizing already marginalized people.
Speaker 2: Well, I told you, Like over the pandemic, I was seriously thinking about sitting down and designing a bunch of of like knockoff magashit to sell, and like I was like, fuck it, I'll take the stupid people's money. We need money. But then I stopped and thought, would you be able to live with yourself?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I would not, So I didn't do it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want that money exactly. I don't want that money. I mean, although, if you want to buy some nice merchandise, go anyway.
Speaker 2: They'll finish the fucking sentence, go.
Speaker 1: Over to our store. Yes, and purchased them. Full circle, the podcast merchandise.
Speaker 2: Yes, full circle the podcast, the store.
Speaker 1: The store. Let's take a quick break and come back with more good news. We'll be right back. You know, I put these articles together, or you did, but they belong together. Mackenzie Scott, former wife of Jeff Bezos Right, donated forty five million dollars to the Trevor Project amid this mental health crisis and all that has been going wrong. It's a record gift during a critical funding moment. This is the nation's leading suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for our youth YEP, they received a forty five million dollar donation from philanthropist Scott, the largest single gift in their twenty seven year history. The contribution arrives during a turbulent period for the organization, which lost federal funding earlier this year. While demand for LGBTQ plus mental health services continues to climb across the United States and beyond, and you know, as long as cruelty is the point The Trevor Project is there to counteract it with love exactly. And she put her money behind that?
Speaker 2: Would that fall under burning the profits of our oppressors?
Speaker 1: Oh? Maybe? Okay, I guess so right? Maybe? Oh from the settlement with him. But isn't she Scott paper. Didn't she have money to begin with that? Or is it Bezos money? I mean she probably has more from divorcing him, but still I thought she had money to begin with. Well either way, either way, yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: It's she's a bad ass for doing it.
Speaker 1: The crisis continue use. This provides stability to the organization, but it is not a finished line. It will have long term impact. This file is a six million dollar gift she made in twenty twenty YEP, signaling continued confidence in the organization's mission and operations. I love it.
Speaker 2: That's like, oh, okay, I like what you're doing, and you're doing pretty good. Here's one hundred dollars. Oh your your organization is in danger now and I love what you're doing. Here's one thousand dollars. Is that it's that equivalent in broke people terms.
Speaker 1: It's wonderful. You know, this is how billionaires should spend their money because it's not their money to begin with, somebody, if you have billions of dollars at you're disposed, somebody somewhere wasn't treated well. I'm just saying, like somebody wasn't paid well, that you have that kind of money in your pocket or something or something. Yeah, I mean people had to be used along the way.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think what would be that equivalent in terms of Beyonce. And then I'm like, well, then you do have people that are like, spend the rent money on Beyonce tickets?
Speaker 1: Yes, they do. What is the Beyonce ticket costs? In the way you're at, She don't go say no, no, no, let me give you those tickets for free.
Speaker 2: Right, No, if you want to sit in like the last rowway at the top, you can spend anywhere from two to three hundred dollars, right, But the further up you go, I believe I saw tickets that were like seventy five one hundred dollars a piece.
Speaker 1: I don't believe she does many free concerts.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying no, And you know, I would like to see Beyonce in concert.
Speaker 1: But yes, you know they just she does, you know, probably more than almost anyone in terms of trying to work ethically correct. Yeah. Absolutely, I still don't think anybody should be a billionaire. More and more of that mind, you know, right that, uh, this is crazy. You know, we're going back to the guild to day and that wouldn't that wouldn't fun for most people.
Speaker 2: This is why guillotines were invented.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly. You know. I remember saying as a child, if they keep this up, they won't be able to buy locks big enough to keep them safe. And I remember coining that phrase when I found out that Sears, remember Sears, Yes, Sears, when I was a kid, was full of full time employees who could pay mortgages and raise families right and got full benefits. And the people at Sears knew their shit. It was that kind of department store, and they had everything literally, you know, so there was a tool department and a clothing department, and and they all knew what they were talking about, you know, the applying salesman had done that their whole lives. All of them tended to be full time employees, you know, who could build a life based on the salary. They got from Sears, and I remember having my mother having a conversation with a woman who had been there for many years, who was I think being laid off or she was retiring maybe anyway. The point was though she was talking about how all these you know, they were not replacing full time employees, they were hiring part time employees, right. Oh, and so they were putting in new register systems because shrink went up, right, you know, like you've got to have more security when you're not giving people anything because they're going to steal from you. Of course they are, because you're not to concur with them, right. And that's when I went, you know, if we keep this up as a society, you're I don't know if you can buy locks that are big enough to keep you safe. If we're all going to be out there roaming for bread, you know, God help you. And that's what that kind of mentality does, that mentality that says, you know, how cheap can we get labor? Right, which shows how little can we give so we make all this money?
Speaker 2: Right? And if that's how my job values me, then yeah, I'm going to take some shit home in my coat, right.
Speaker 1: You know. But back then you know again, you know when the Deptford Mall first opened, you had all these full time people who had worked there for years, very proudly knew their ship and they probably didn't have a big shrink problem back then.
Speaker 2: Because there's more of a sense of ownership.
Speaker 1: There was a sense of ownership and you know, I can live and survive and thrive and that just where is that anymore? You know, like in a retail kind of a job where you're actually your knowledge is valued.
Speaker 2: And yeah, because before I had my high end but not my current job. I is working in a grocery store, but this particular grocery store was a family owned business, and you know, there were benefits to the job and we felt taken care of. You know, It's like I, yeah, I was making minimum wage, but minimum wage here is double what it is anywhere else. Well, that's true, Joe, you know, so it was like I didn't feel as resentful as I might have working in say a seven eleven in Philly.
Speaker 1: Well, right, because you know, they was a place where they try to do better right, And there are places like Costco and Wegmans and you know where they do try to do.
Speaker 2: Right much better.
Speaker 1: But I just remember that and thinking, you know, my god, we don't take care of people. We don't, you know, we keep looking for ways to eliminate people, not take care of our neighbors.
Speaker 2: And then have the nerve to say nobody wants to work.
Speaker 1: They have the nerve to say nobody wants to work.
Speaker 2: No, no one wants to subject themselves to the conditions that you're only willing.
Speaker 1: To offer, right right, You know, if all you got is part time work and you don't have benefits, and you don't, I mean, why would First of all, why would somebody come off unemployment for that?
Speaker 2: Dang?
Speaker 1: Second? Once unemployments over, why would you take that? If you can find something that actually helps you survive, why would you give all your time to that unless you have no other choice?
Speaker 2: Like, no shade, Why would I work for you and making pennies when I can make three times as much selling feet picks on only fans?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, there's that, no shade, you know, But we used to kind of look at collectively as a society at that kind of shit and say that's that shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: If I thought my feet were cute, I'd have done this. It's a long time ago Jesus correct, you could get away with that. Well, thank you anyway, sidebar.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm ruling nothing out at this point. It's not cheap to live here anyway, anyway. You know, it really is like we don't think enough about the dignity of work, and you know how important it is. I don't know how we've got down that road, but fuck the billionaires, eat the wretch. This was another extended study. And you know I have said and I stand behind this idea. This is from ScienceDirect dot com. I stand by the notion that this hyper fixation on trans people has some added benefits. We call them unintended consequences. Right in that knowledge has never been higher, It's never been easier to get accurate information, right, right, even though there's all this misinformation. The February edition of the Journal of Pediatrics released a study that you know, the headline reads change in suicidality among transgender adolescents following hormone therapy. They did an extended study. These things are finally happening. It's good when they happen among reputable folks, right, Yeah. The results suicidality significantly declined from pre treatment to post treatment The effect was consistent across sex assigned at birth, age, at start of therapy, and treatment duration. The conclusion was HT was associated with clinically meaningful reductions in suicidality over time, Extending prior findings with a larger sample and longer follow up. These study findings provide clinical evidence supporting the mental health benefits of timely access to hormone therapy in this population. Hello once again, Yeah it's science, folks, Yeah, it's trans. People are real. Trans kids know they're trans, and trans medicine saves lives.
Speaker 2: And you know what science has there to do with emotions periods.
Speaker 1: Right, So when the pedophiles and the predators tell you that I'm the problem, I hope you've listened to the show long enough to now. No, I'm not right. No, No, I am not the problem. Nope, me and mine are not the problem.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: Anyway, yet another study, yet another you know, uh, lots of references here. Changes in gender DySp you in her personal minority, stress and mental health among transgender youth after one year of hormone therapy. Emotional health of transgender youth twenty four months after initiating gender affirming hormone therapy, the association of gender affirming hormone therapy with depression, thoughts of suicide and attempted suicide among transgender and and on and on and on. These papers are being published. They all support the same conclusion. When we have access to proper gender firming care, it is life saving and life transforming, and our regret rates are far lower than any other form of healthcare. Right because it's right on the news, right on the news. It's what we needed.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's amazing what happens when you get the right medicine for them, right thing exactly. Anyway, there's she had another study. I thought that that was good news. Yeah, yeah, so that. I mean, We've got a couple of fun things to talk about later. But it's about all the good news we could find this week. And we looked hard. Yeah we did that. Said it is time for our favorite segment, sad joy people taking pleasure. Ha ha ha. This first item, a protrans pediatric group won twelve million dollars as the judge slams Robert Kennedy's retaliatory funding cuts. Ha. Yeah. The American Academy of Pediatrics will get their grants back As lawsuit moves forward, a US district court judge sided with the American Academy of Pediatrics late Sunday night in a ruling that temporarily restores twelve million dollars in funding to the group. HHS Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jackass and full abruptly canceled previously awarded grants worth eighteen million dollars in December, and what the Children's Health group called a retaliatory move just exactly what it was right. Children are in charge right now. US District Judge Beryl Howell in Washington, d C. Agreed restoring a portion of the funding as the law agreed restoring a portion of the funding as AAP's lawsuit against the Trump administration plays out. It's not a case about whether AAP or AHHUS is right or even has the better position on vaccinations and gender affirming care for children or any other public health policy, she wrote in her decision. This is the case about whether the federal government has exercised power in a manner designed to chill public health policy debate by retaliating against a leading and generally trusted pediatrician member professional organization focused on improving the health of children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to discredit the actual experts. Yep, so that your little bullshit agenda can be upfront.
Speaker 1: That's what they got their hands left for, and rightly so. They cited a range of reasons for their funding cuts, including the use of identity based language and references to racial disparities and pregnant people. Who are the snowflakes? Again, who are the snowflakes? We're going to take away your money because we don't like your words, we don't like inclusive language to the extent that we don't give a shit who dies. That's what they're doing. That is literally what is happening in the United States of America. Thank god the courts are holding at least sometimes. In this case, they.
Speaker 2: Did purity insanity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a chorus of condemnation over Kennedy's decision to stop recommending the COVID nineteen vaccine for children, as well as his firing of the CDC Panel of Independent Vaccine Advisors. I like to replace them with a handpicked panel of vaccine skeptics.
Speaker 2: Chorus, who know nothing? You know?
Speaker 1: This is taking the people who do know and who dedicated their lives to knowing and replacing them with you might as well be random folks from the internet who have deeply help opinions.
Speaker 2: I mean, low key.
Speaker 1: When your kid is dead because you listen to these people. I don't know who you're going to cry to, but I don't want to see a lawsuit.
Speaker 2: It kind of does look like they picked folks off of Twitter.
Speaker 1: We tried to tell you, We all tried to tell you. In fact, you know, I'm at a point right now where I feel like saying, don't go to a hospital if you support this administration and you support this kind of nonsense in terms of you know, a person being in charge of HHS. If you get cancer, I don't want to see you at the oncologist office, right, I want to see you go. I want to see you talking to I don't know your faith healer, go to church right where you belong.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You want to keep discrediting science, You want to keep discrediting expertise. It's becoming dangerous to the public health and has been. You know what, don't don't use our healthcare system then you stay away from it. Yeah, you and your you and yours can go die in a field. Well, you know, I mean that's not how we do so when even these jackasses show up gasping for breath as they did with COVID nineteen because they would not take precautions, they now, yeah, right, too late, sorry, and you know, they died. So many people died unnecessarily because they wouldn't listen. And this is what fuels that, you know, people like RFK being in a position of power never ever should have been. You know, but thanks Saint Reagan, because as he unleashed all of this, he unleashed the fringe. And it's still happening, and we're still paying for the decisions that man made and still and this is an example of that. As far as I am concerned.
Speaker 2: There's still folks out there trying to say that COVID wasn't that bad. I just heard someone say that it worked the other day.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, the court shut down a dangerous attempt to use federal funding as a political weapon and punish pediatricians for speaking the truth. This ruling sends a clear message no administration gets to silence doctors, undermine public health, or put kids at risk, and we will not stop fighting until the unlawful retaliation is fully ended. Good please keep fighting it's a shame that they have to It's a shame that they have to dedicate any energy to this nonsense that they do. I was quoting Sky Perriman, president and CEO of Democracy Forward, the legal group representing AAP. They won twelve million dollars. That's got to sting a little.
Speaker 2: And good because again, their cash is all they understand.
Speaker 1: Kind of well and humiliated. They can be humiliated. I mean this is humilating. Rick Reannell, Oh yeah, I love the headline. Gay Trump toady claims he meant to fire an opera company but came up with the worst excuse. Oh yes, because the opera company left. Yes, but he meant to fire.
Speaker 2: It's very much like you can't quit. I fired you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bullshit?
Speaker 2: Uh uh gay Trump Administration.
Speaker 1: Rick Grennell self loving house dagger.
Speaker 2: Yeah that I knew you're going to say that, claimed I love this, claimed his ex account was hacked that week the week.
Speaker 1: Twitter Twitter account.
Speaker 2: Yeah ACKed ya this is from last week. Claimed his account was hacked over the weekend by leftist enemies intent on under mining his boss's promise for a new quote golden age in the arts at the Kennedy Center whew.
Speaker 1: Yet is he that delusional? Is he right there with all this? Is he that stupid?
Speaker 2: I guess he is, or he's just highly practiced in having his tongue so far up. Someone's asked that when they open their mouth you can see his face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they all can't decorate either.
Speaker 2: So on that Friday, the Washington National Opera we talked about this on the show, announced that they were leaving the once revered cultural institution due to poort ticket sales and attendance after Trump's takeover of the institution last year. The next day, Grenelle said that he fired the opera company, not the other way around, and claimed he had already announced it in posts that were deleted. In a hat quote, the Trump Kennedy Center has made the decision to end the exclusive all caps partnership with the Washing to An Opera so that we can have the flexibility and funds to bring in operas from around the world and across the US, is what he said on good Luck on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Good luck we good luck having people travel to this country.
Speaker 2: Right. We have spent millions of dollars to support the Washington Opera's exclusivity, and yet they were still millions of dollars in the hole and getting worse. It's almost like they're an arts nonprofit.
Speaker 1: And it's your fault anyway. Yeah, oh yeah, this is such bullshit, right, but I plan that right, Oh girl.
Speaker 2: Please, so, he said. The left continues to try and silence people they don't agree with, Cornell said in his post claiming a hack and the pursuit of its perpetrators, but they will never succeed.
Speaker 1: He added, We're the ones trying to silence dissent.
Speaker 2: Uh huh yeah. His tweet said, I have alerted X Twitter that's some one to hack my account last night and deleted my content on our opera announcement and media corrections. X will find the hacker and deal with him, slash her.
Speaker 1: And that's the only place this existed. It was only released.
Speaker 2: On that part that part. That party.
Speaker 1: Show us the files, otherwise you got to create them, right right.
Speaker 2: I will repost the statements. I will repost the statements from last night once they are recovered. Stand by you see how this doesn't require a lick of like proof or anything.
Speaker 1: What they do, this is who they are. They are liars, all of them.
Speaker 2: If anyone has screenshots of last night's content. I would appreciate you reposting.
Speaker 1: Here, but no one dead her. Right.
Speaker 2: The left continues to try and silence people they don't agree with, but they will never succeed. So you put it that way, so if nothing comes of it, you can blame other people for.
Speaker 1: The Left is so good at what they do, right, you know what like, oh you look and more the full as you deserve? Yet another message queens right, whatever, yeah, chickens roosting whatever? Good God, good God. The dog ate my homework. Right, the dog gate the opera.
Speaker 2: The dog ate my homework and then ran away.
Speaker 1: I planned this. Yeah, this is all part of my grand plan. Two something arts back to the Golden age? Is that what he said? What is what?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Those were words back when m hm hm Wanda Sykes thanks community. Right next for anti trans comic Rickager vase at at the Golden delightful you you're going to thank God and the trans community, she said, of the absent comedian who is an atheist and a transfer Yep, good for her. I loved it. I think it's fun. We didn't watch the Golden Globes, but I'm very happy that she took the opportunity to do this.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it was all over and the best part was she next she said what she said, and she meant when she said, because when she got up there to present the award, she said, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, Ricky Gervais for not being here, and if you win, I'm going to accept this award on your behalf and you were going to be thanking God and the trans community. And then she opened the envelope and his name was there, so she said, I would like to Ricky would like to thank God and the trans community, and then walked off. She said what she said, and then what she.
Speaker 1: Said, Well, she opened her remarks by thanking the Golden globes right, because you know, there's some people pissed off that a black queer woman is up here doing the job of two mediocre white She then proceeded to gently roast the Category six nominees, including Brett Goldstein, Kevin Hart, Kamal and Johnny and Sarah Silverman. But when it came to two of the nominees, she got a bit more savage. Bill Moore, You'll give us so much, but I would love a little less word amen. It is unclear what specifically she would like to see less. No, it's not from Mare, who styles himself as politically moderate. She may have been referencing his vocal opposition to gender affirming care for minors, or his support for Floridas Don't Say Gay law, his genital transfer, his general transphobia, general same thing, Or maybe she was just referring to more belittling celebrities like Sykes, Mark Ruffalo, and Jean Smart, who wore be Good pins to the Golden Globes in honor of Verna Nicole Good, the thirty seven year old queer mother who died after getting hit by gunfire from an ice agent, shot in the face and execute. When it came to Ricky Gervase, Sykes noted that the unapologetically anti trans comedian was absent from the ceremony. I love you for not being here, et cetera, because if you win, I get to accept the award on your behalf and you're going to saank God and the trans community, which is what happened. Yep. Yeah, he's been punching down since twenty nineteen in defense of JK.
Speaker 2: Rowling, and he's been unfunny for longer than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're jokes, they're jokes, he said he has a right to jokes. It did lead to the call for his dismissal as host of the twenty twenty Golden Globes. Yep, he doubled down in twenty twenty two on his anti trans whatever, and as recently as last week he said in an interview with BBC Radio fours This Cultural Life that he hasn't changed his tune on trans issues because I think I'm right.
Speaker 2: That was the most white man answer I know.
Speaker 1: I know, well he is. Yeah, yeah, And I love when they say you can't say anything anymore. Maybe you're just not funny, babe, right right, punching down is never going to be funny but mediocre men. And it's not just white men, because Dave Chappelle, you know who has I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I think I'm right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That makes me think of I bring this up often. That makes me think of that episode of Will and Grace when Karen was like, and you know how I know it's true because I really think so. And yes, you do have the right to your jokes, and we have the right to call you an asshole. Tell you're not funny that Mama.
Speaker 1: Raised you wrong, just saying exactly, yeah. I there was a time when I thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: He has been funny.
Speaker 1: And then I went, you know what, I'm sorry, punching down is never funny. I don't care who you're punching down at. I used to be a fan of Bill Maher It's not okay and right, yeah, I was. At one time I cared what he had to say, and then I realized he there were similarities between his dissent and our former friend you know, yeah, who goes well, there's something to all that. A right, maybe we should be listening more to this obscene rhetoric. Some of it makes sense to me, go fuck off exactly anyway, before we take another break, do you have a fifteen minute fave? I do? Okay.
Speaker 2: So a few weeks ago, I was listening to One Song podcast and they had mentioned this band from the UK called the Lambrini Girls, and they're an all woman like neo punk group.
Speaker 1: Will call them okay.
Speaker 2: And so I went and I checked out their album and I love them. It's a bunch of women like screaming, but they're talking about gentrification and male fragility.
Speaker 1: It's just good, no wonder. They're screaming.
Speaker 2: And they're smart and they're funny. So my fifteen minute fave is by the Lambrini Girls, and it is called no Homo Okay. And in the song, she's talking to the girl who she likes, and she's like, you know, I said, I liked your face, but I made sure. I said, no homo. I like the way you look. I said, no homo. And then that's like the first half the song. The second half of the song is fuck it. I like you, so Homo.
Speaker 1: On that note, so Homo, We're going out to the break with.
Speaker 2: No Homo by the Lambrini cris I said.
Speaker 3: No homo. I tell her I'm hitting the type of beauty the pupposed to dressed like a day dream. I'll getting down on one bee a theory, you'll reflection, there's some rights.
Speaker 1: It's just for her, I.
Speaker 3: Said, I like the company. And then I said, no homo. I tell her like she's sometime around her rabbits, Lomo been to me of everything. I tell her how I really push you realize and I'm homeo for sure, like not any game like no Homo, I said, I like the wishy just in there. I said, no, Homo prepe like said, let's see you're trampaining for the castle. Then Angel of the world be tramped in pogetry attests from heaven and I've dream to hell, said I like the wishy tuting. Then I said, no home her eloquence of residents stuff, I.
Speaker 2: Was spoken lit to me of everything. I'll tell her how I.
Speaker 3: Really push your really, I'm sure I like your pay the.
Speaker 1: Night and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: It's time. I'm gonna try to race through this, do it. But it is time for the cavalcade of nonsense.
Speaker 2: Go baby, go through h.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Ludicrous who we mad at here? I'm not even sure.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I know that he had signed up, apparently for a MAGA leaning concert series. Yeah, after it drew criticism and jokes, uh huh, he pulled out of the festival. His team is claiming that he was never supposed to be included in the event.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I believe any of that gotcha because I just don't see him as being that swift anyway. It was Ludacris and Nelly, That's the other thing, because we already know that Nelly is magatool now?
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he performed at the inauguration.
Speaker 1: Okay bye, not that I who care?
Speaker 2: But Ludacris and Nelly were the two major rap artists scheduled to appear at the festival, alongside country and rock acts such as Trump supporter Kid Rock, who founded the festival in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Oh good god, Okay, all you need to know, That's all you needed to know.
Speaker 2: So, Ludacris had been scheduled to appear at two of the series eight shows in Anderson, South Carolina, and Ocalla, Florida. As of Friday afternoon, Ludacris's name had been removed from the promotional material on the concert series website and in recent social media posts, while Nelly remained on the list of scheduled artists. Because he meant that.
Speaker 1: Shit, ah uh huh okay, Yeah, it looks like he saw a little heat and decided he didn't want that.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: Maybe he took a page out of Maybe he'd been watching Nicki Minajen.
Speaker 2: You know what, right, Isaac Hayes the Third said, y'all, Oh, Ludacris an apology, MM hmmm. Maybe because Ludacris's music sampled his father and so therefore that would be affecting his pocket directly, right and make it as loud as them videos y'all posted.
Speaker 1: I will not oh because he believes that it was all a mistake to begin with. Is that what he's saying?
Speaker 2: Okay, right, because someone said there was no mix up. He was getting dragged through these social media streets for being to perform at that festival. Nice try, Okay, that's what I fear.
Speaker 1: You don't believe it? Do you think he was gonna do it?
Speaker 2: I mean, I have only had one personal interaction with Ludacris in my entire life, and he was rude and dismissive. So I'm team fuck him anyway. Okay, So I could be I could be clouded by that.
Speaker 1: But yeah. There are yet more celebrities joining the Harry Potter audiobook series despite backlash. Pink News posted a list of them so far. Bill Nai who I you know? Has he done anything since love? Actually? I don't know, but anyway, he's one of them. That person who's named something, Monica Jackson, how do you say that, I'm trying, Circe, how do you say that, Oh, Circe Circe, Monica Jackson, and Adam Maxwellmartin.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they well, one of them is from see Dairy Girls or is it Sortia whatever it is, she's from Dairy Girls. Yeah, and Bill Ny and the other one Motherland star Ana Maxwell Martin have joined the cast. Yeah, there's a bunch of them. I don't really know many of these names, so, but yeah, there's a list available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll post the list just in case any of you care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in case you in case you do give a shit about which celebrities that you follow are naming themselves as transphobes. Here they are. Here's the list.
Speaker 2: Jk Rowling apologists, because at this point it's not like they don't know. So they prefer money over morals. Sure, okay, as long as people continue to be.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kiera Knightly, Yeah, as one of them.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Kiera Knightley was grilled by journalist on whether she knew about the boycott of Harry Potter content before she signed up to play Dolores Umbradge in the audiobook series. She was criticized for her response, during which she laughed. I was not aware of that. No, I'm very sorry, she said, Okay, quote, you know, I think we're all living in a period of time right now where we're all going to have to figure out how to live together, aren't we. That'd be nice, And we've all got very different opinions. I hope that we can all find respect.
Speaker 2: Really, and see when they say that when they say we all need to learn to live to Yeah.
Speaker 1: That means stop complaining about my boot on your neck. Yeah, let me do so inconvenient to hear you.
Speaker 2: Right, Let me do my problematic shit and don't say nothing to me about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. All that that's what she meant. Yes, all that means, Yes, that's what they mean when they call for peace, that's what they mean. Shut up, will you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: It so tedious hearing about your oppression, right, m h yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Just because I'm harming you didn't even want to hear about it.
Speaker 1: See Doctor Who's star Michelle Gomez as she had a response to backlash after she was cast as Professor mcgonagal. I hear you, and I understand why this is painful for many.
Speaker 2: I just don't care.
Speaker 1: I want to be clear that I stand with trans people and I support trans right no, fully and without hesitation lies. Okay, I now understand more clearly how deeply complicated and hurtful this association can feel. And I take that seriously. Did you quit?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Being an ally means listening even when it's uncomfortable, and taking accountability where it's needed. I'm committed to doing both. Did you quit, Hugh Laurie, Yeah, Hugh Laurie.
Speaker 2: James McAvoy, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: If if she didn't quit, those words are you know, words aren't just cheap, they're free people exactly. Yeah. Taking accountability means I will not be a part of this product. That's what it means. I'll take your money, even if it costs me money.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I'll take your money, and I'll let you use my face, voice and likeness. But I don't mean it anyway.
Speaker 1: They've had it even more so. Yeah, those are the people like you can't tell me both things. JK. Rowling is a transpher. She is working against our existence period. Her language is dangerous and harmful, right, and she has the money to make it even more dangerous. And you can't say you stand with us and then do that shit. You can't do both right. Sorry, that's not how this works. If you're going to take a stand, take a stand. Otherwise your words are hollow.
Speaker 2: Right. If you appear in the plays, in the audiobooks and the video games and all of the properties for money, you are supporting trans ideology.
Speaker 1: Sharon Katz once again, who could ill afford it? Was headed to a transphobic festival. Didn't realize it. We brought it to our attention. She turned around and went home and went home. She didn't go right, cost her some money she needed.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: But that's what you do when you are who you say you are, period. Otherwise it's just bullshit. So you know, that's where we live now. Sorry, but that's where we live. And this woman is using millions of dollars to harm innocent people and you're okay with it. If you're on that list, you are okay with it, period, full stop. That's that. So here's this is fun. The Trump administration sent out a letter, oh yeah, wiping out addiction and mental health grants, reading out a MPR. This fucked up your mood for like three days from two days ago. Well, you know, dosee did this doge wiped out by bunch of funds. Right, My grant was one of them, you know, the first program in the state actually helping trans people with addiction and mental health, you know, wiped out our funding and for so many other programs. It's almost like we don't have an overdose problem in this country. Dose did that, and that was the first round. And now they sent shockwaves through the US mental health and drug addiction system laid on Tuesday, sending hundreds of termination letters effective immediately for federal grants supporting health services. People were fired because of this. Yeah, okay, And then there's a note at the top of the article that says update. After NPR's reporting, the Trump administration reversed its decision and confirmed that sweeping cutst to mental health and addiction programs worth more than two billion dollars are being reversed. Hmm, I are we supposed to say thank you? Like? What the fuck? Copies of the letter that were sent to two different organizations reviewed by NPR's signal SAMSHA officials no longer believe the defunded programs aligned with the Trump administration's priorities. The letter set over two thousand grands where a total of more than two billion dollars were affected, coming on top of deep medicaid cuts, and the note just says, yeah, they're reversing that. This is just indicative of all the insanity. I guess we'll keep following this and see where it lands. But the fact that they would, you know, they would say this in the first place, tells me this is not over. This is meant to send a chill up the spine of anyone, you know, not falling in lockstep with their ideology over science right this.
Speaker 2: I was just watching a video on social media earlier today and they were talking about a section in the book nineteen eighty four when the government said that we're being generous and we're giving you an increase of chocolate rations to twenty percent, even though the week prior it was thirty percent. So we're saying we're giving an increase and it's twenty percent. It's less than what you had, but we want you to be grateful for what we're giving you. It's kind of giving that it's that we're taking it away, but then we're giving it back and we're putting you in all this turmoil.
Speaker 1: But be grateful that we're doing it right. And now maybe you'll listen to us when we say, don't use those words, don't treat those people right, and those people are allowed to die.
Speaker 2: And you don't know what foot you're hopping on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but stop comparing them to the Nazis, Charles, it upsets your KKK.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, So that moving on. There's a Washington state pack and they are pushing for a transport span that includes genital inspections, and they say that they have received enough signatures to put this on the ballot.
Speaker 2: They really just want to look in people's pants, That's.
Speaker 1: Really they do. And it's a school specific transgender sports band, involves genital inspections, and you want to put it on the Washington state ballot. This is where they were heading all the time. These are pedophiles, These are these are you know, chilchildren's fists. And this is of course, you know, protecting the gals. I don't even want by singering every single one of them, how.
Speaker 2: Thorough these quote unquote inspections are going to be.
Speaker 1: They seek to amend Washington law and school district policies in order to bar trans girls from competing in girl sports. Uh huh. They currently permit students to play sports that align with their gender identity, as they should. Should this particular bill law ballot initiative go into effect, student athletes hoping to compete in girl sports would be required to medically verify their sects assigned at birth based on the student's reproductive anatomy, genetic makeup, or normal endo geniously produced testosterone levels. In other words, to play girl sports, student athletes, many of whom are miners, could be subjected to blood tests or invasive genital exams. This is where they want to go, This is what they want.
Speaker 2: It is fucking disgraceful.
Speaker 1: If their signatures are certified, Washington State legislators can either pass the initiatives as written, reject it, or propose an alternative. If they reject the initiative, it will appear on the state ballot during the twenty twenty six midterm on November three. I'm hoping it would lose in Washington. If they propose an alternative, both that and the alternative will appear on the Washington state ballot. Even if it does pass, it could still face significant challenges at the state level. No shit, Washington State's anti discrimination law explicitly prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender expression or identity. But this is yeah, this is the party of small government. They want into your children's pants to keep them safe.
Speaker 2: I can't even form an emotion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what Republicans wants. They want to diddle your kids in order to protect women's sports. Right, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Literally, Oh my god, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what they want. I'm sorry, that's not even hyperple I mean, you know, okay.
Speaker 2: This reminds me of I saw a video of can.
Speaker 1: You imagine you've got to go for an internal so that you can play soccer? Right? Spread your legs girls? Right? What the ever living fuck?
Speaker 2: Right? Yep, there was.
Speaker 1: It was always going in this direction, and it doesn't stop at trans people. SI. Women been telling you this forever, and it's this women who are paying the price for this nonsense often that's going to continue.
Speaker 2: I saw a video there's this anti trans rally and the counter protesters were asking each of the going up to each of these people and asking them if they can name any five any five women athletes. None of them could, of course, not once, of course not, because that's not what the whole point is.
Speaker 1: Well, by the way, Amy Saidaris is a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't't have to go any further. She was this is on New Year's.
Speaker 1: On New Year's with Anderson Cooper and undercon.
Speaker 2: Messy as Andy Cohen.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, and she was one of their gats. And Cooper asked where is the best place to meet a man in twenty twenty second and Sidaris quickly fired back it might be in the women's bathroom.
Speaker 2: The joke didn't land, and they let it be awkward. They let her be awkward on cameras. So do you give them points?
Speaker 1: I appreciate that she can go fuck herself. Yeah, you know, CHMZ does not write about an apology. One should be forthcoming. She's not even known for political comedy.
Speaker 2: She asked me. She's not known for comedy comedy.
Speaker 1: She said, she's board of the LGBT community, but apparently that doesn't include the tea whatever. Fuck Amy Sedaris? Yeah, thanks for that, haha. Now is not the time, people, Nope, this one matters to me. The article was back in early December. We just didn't get to the last show. But a trans military worker barely eats her drinks to avoid work bathrooms. Yeah, this disguided me, and she is suing the Trump administration. It's a question of human dignity, is a question of equal treatment under the law, and I was not raised to back down from either of those things. She is a National Guard employee suing the Trump administration for discriminary bathroom policy that has significantly affected her quality of life while at work. I'm sure Leanne Withrow served in the Illinois National Guard for thirteen years and is now a civilian employee in the State Family Program's Office. Until the January order denying all federal recognition of trains people, she had never had a problem using women's restrooms at work. Now she barely eats or drinks all day to avoid having to use the facilities, which.
Speaker 2: I'm sure prevents her from being able to do her best work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she told the Advocate. She often skips both breakfast and lunch and avoids water as much as possible, surviving her work days on a single granola bar or a spoonful of peanut butter. While there is a single user restroom in the building where she works, many of the other buildings she visits on a regular basis do not have one. I know that I have to operate within the bounds of the policies as they currently exist, and I intend to do my job well and fully, and so in order to do that, I'm making that sacrifice. After nothing came of filing complaints with both the Army National Guard Bureau Equal Opportunity Office and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission the EEOC, she decided to do the Trump administration. She filed a class action lawsuit in November, arguing that the ban violates the Title seven of the Civil Rights Act. She came out as trans during the Obama administration after then Secretary of Defense Ash Carter ended the ban on openly serving in the military. As trans, she was grandfathered in during Trump's first term military ban, and now that she is a civilian employee, the current band does not apply to her. I mean, I would be using the ladies room, arrest me, right, that's me, you know this could then sue them for wrongful termination exactly. I mean that's what I would be saying for and back pay and all that other shit while I relaxed. She believes her job is an incredibly important one, taking care of soldiers and their families and veterans, and the mission is the thing that she would like to be focusing on. So it's frustrating to realize that I have to logistically plan out which bathroom am I going to be allowed to use today, where I'm at at a given time, instead of just focusing on that mission. She said. She also feels out of pressure to overperform so that no one can say trans people are not built for the work. I mean that I get. Despite the challenge of going to court, she feels optimistic because she believes we're doing the right thing. In the back of my mind, I like to believe in the end the good guys went well. I wish her luck. Hopefully there will be follow up to that story. Yeah, yeah, I am. I'll be damned. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't see you accepting any of that.
Speaker 1: No, I can end up they're going to fire me. They would fire me, I guess.
Speaker 2: And make sure they put that shit in writing right.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we did the same thing with Sarah McBride. Is apparently thound her voice a bit. I'll have to revisit that. But I've seen her actually realizing she's trans lately because she tried that bullshit, you know what I mean, like, oh, I comply, yeah, because you have a private bathroom, Yes, exactly, and then they just double down anyway, So I would not be complying with this bullshit because it's bullshit from the beginning. You know, I'm gonna eat, I'm gonna drink. I would drink more. Are you're kidding? I would be so fucking hydrated, and go ahead, go ahead enforce it. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Pay the maintenance crew over time because they'll have to be scrubbing the carpet three times.
Speaker 1: I seriously, what are you going to do? I'm going to use the bathroom that I use, and what are you gonna do? Right? Go ahead, come on, that's what I don't personally, I know you, Yeah, I said if I were, If I were McBride, I would have never complied and I would piss on the floor of Congress before they would tell me I can't use the lady dream And with making direct use the correct bands, absolutely absolutely, and again I'd be really fucking hydrated because I would do it several times a day if I had to. M hm, you know obviously until whatever.
Speaker 2: Clean up on al seven next, I'm going for al ten.
Speaker 1: So I do want to point out that Benedictine University in Illinois held a trance to have remembrance event and stood their ground that it was an important event until Fox News reported on it, right, and then basically fucked the tranis. I mean that that was, you know, just to summarize it, you know, as soon as there's a little heat, right who that who day who you mm hmm. Yeah. They initially doubled down on why tee door fit with their Catholic values and it does, it should, but Fox News picked it up. Fox News that has not even news right. They removed pages from their way site claiming to offer safe spaces for diverse communities. Yeah. What they have said was at Benedictine University, we believe that honoring the dignity of every person and praying for those who have died are fundamental expressions of our Catholic and Benedictine identity. Uh huh. The recent event was first and foremost of prayer service to honor lives lost. It was a solemn remembrance verted in Catholic social teaching and belief in the inherent and sacred dignity possessed by every person created in the image of God.
Speaker 2: That actually sounds lovely.
Speaker 1: Doesn't It sounds like something that should stay there. Sounds like a principle, right, it does. Well, it was only a principle until Fox News had something to say about it. Yeah, and of course Lives of Tech talk that grunt. Yeah, she stepped in and as with all things she touches, it turns to shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they caved. Yep, yeah, they caved. They went from every life deserves a profound reverence to fuck you trainees. We're used to this.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, historically this is on brand with the Catholic Church.
Speaker 1: It really is, it really is. They had a safe Spain's program, etcetera, etcetera, And of course Fox News went after them because anything good shouldn't exist, anything decent, anything right, so they removed web pages. I know, it's just all double speak. We remain committed to being a community where all feels safe, respected and welcome when uh huh, and where we can come together in prayer, especially in moments as are where except where there's any right wing push back at all, we have to treat it like it isn't hate speech right, Okay, they stand for nothing one brand. I said it, yeah, and just to point out that I don't give a fuck what your political affiliation is. This jackass Democratic US Senate candidate A Representative Ruben Gallego, a Democrat from Arizona. Democratic Senator Ruben Gallego, there were texts between him and an unnamed friend of twenty years discussing public perception of the Democratic Party and the future of the party, and the friend wrote, this is how the world views many Democrats and shared a meme of Representative Rosa Delaro, a Democrat from Connecticut who often has a short, purple dyed hair, which had superimposed text reading if a rectile dysfunction had a face wow, and he replied they aren't, and later wrote we look like the not fun party, always telling and correcting people, not allowing men to be men, women to be hot. We used to be the party of drugs and rock and roll. Now DEMN women look like damn men and DEMN men look like women. He didn't deny the messages, but he called it heartbreaking, but his friend shared them.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not sorry, I said it. I'm sorry you know about it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he called the messages a reflection of what I've been saying the whole time, adding, I've been very clear about where I think the party needs to be. I do think we have to be an open and bigger tent party. Uh huh. So this is just a reflection of what I think I've said. What that the party was not as inclusive as it should be. What we're not allowing the hot girls in? Is that what?
Speaker 2: I'm not sorry I said it. I'm sorry you know about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then this is a Democrat who resorts to word salad. Dude, we see who you are. Yeah, it's clear here. He has previously said he was concerned about transgender athletes competing in girls and women's sports, telling trans girls, we love you, we want you to be part of our community, but this is just the one place you can't play.
Speaker 2: So it says that he's a pro LGBTQ plus allies. So I guess only if you are straight presenting, white gay man and a trans woman he wants to fuck, I guess.
Speaker 1: Aaron Reid said his messages do not reflect a genuine concern for the challenges facing American men, nor do they offer a blueprint for Democrats to win by mirroring the rights hostility towards gender variants. They reflect the same tired, corrosive rhetoric we have come to expect from the far right, and we should not accept it simply because it's coming from within our own coalition. Here here, I hope he's primaried, and I hope his political career ends. You really, we are seeing in New York that you can support queer and trans people and get elected and thrive. And right now, yeah it really, I'm sorry, I don't he's he's a Dino. I go, what you know? Right right? There's too many of these within the Democratic Party, and you know it's becoming too stark. If you can't figure out why it's important to support marginalized people, even if you don't really understand them. The Republican Party has their door wide open for you, and that sounds like where you belong. The DOJ ordered prison inspectors to stop concerner ering LGBTQ safety standards. That happened yep, this was NPR again early December. Stop evaluating prisons in jails using standards designed to protect transgender, intersex, and gender non conforming people from sexual violence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's a bad thing.
Speaker 1: This population is uniquely vulnerable to attacks, while incarcerated advocates say the change will put such people in even more danger.
Speaker 2: Yep, and it will. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The DJ is now revising federal standards related to the two thousand and three Prison Rape Elimination Act in order to align with President Trump's Executive Order on gender ideology extremism. Yes, wanting to live is extreme? How lgy? Yeah. Yeah. The detention centers will undergo audits, and they will no longer be inspected using the standards specifically designed to keep us saved. The facilities include federal prisons, state prisons and jails, juvenile detention centers, and immigration detention centers. These inspectors, referred to as auditors, are not employed by the DOJ, but are hired by corrections agencies or by individual facilities. The DJ certifies the auditors and can decertify them. Of course, they did not respond to MPR's request for comment on the memo outlining all of this. Right, just the latest removal of protections, legal protections for trans people. Yeah, yeah, this is inhumane, literally in humane. Chile democrats aren't angry enough, but you know for real, it's got to trickle down to them. Until then Chick fil A for dinner, right exactly. Well, let's see what else do we have here. I do want to touch on the fact because we need to. Reading from the advocate, some takeaways from the Supreme Court arguments about bands on trans women and girls in sports. Okay, On Tuesday, they heard nearly four hours of arguments in two cases Little v. Heacocks from Idaho and West Virginia v. B p J that could define the future of transgender women and girls participation in school sports nationwide. A large and raucous crowd formed outside the Court, where dueling groups held rallies. Supporters of transgender people appeared to outnumber detractors. Yeah. Some traveled from across the country for the Fight for the t In Team rally organized by Lambda Legal, the ACLU, and Legal Voice, which featured transgender youth athletes, parents, members of Congress, and civil rights leaders calling for equal access to school sports. Congressional Equity Caucus Chair Representative Mark Tacano of California address demonstrators and sharply criticized Education Secretary Linda McMahon, who was speaking simultaneously at a nearby anti trans rally. If trans employees exist, surely trans teenagers exist. If trans teenagers exist, surely trans children exist.
Speaker 2: Bam.
Speaker 1: If trans employees have a right not to be discriminated against in the workplace, then trans kids have a right to a free and equal education in school. Here here. In twenty twenty, the Supreme Court ruled in Bostock that discrimination against gayer transgender people in the workplace is unconstitutional because it is inside. The courtroom was filled to with noticeably more men than women in attendance. Fuck Chase Strange. Oh of course was there on our behalf God, bless Chase ye Stranger. Let's say boys and girls teams are legal. The real fight is about whether trans girls can ever be treated like other girls for sports. The states say they are not required to make case by case exceptions. The bands operate only in one direction, and the state admitted it, which is discrimination. Sonya said on my oar said the bands look like sex discrimination, and she is absolutely correct. The Court has not decided whether trans people deserve stronger constitutional protection. We just want equal thank you, and equal protection. Would let these kids play, that would be equal protection. The Court may rule narrowly, and that that's I think what is likely to happen, you know, where they rule very specifically. So even if the court sides with the States, the ruling could be.
Speaker 2: Narrow equal rights, not special, not more now.
Speaker 1: But in the same way that we do protect women based on their gender, we need to protect trans people. Yeah, based on their gender. Yeah, it's you know, it's sex. Just I'm not preaching to the goire beating a dead horse and all of that. It happened in the Supreme Court. I don't know when we're expecting the ruling to come down, and you know, we'll see what it does. We will see what it does. You know, we had the chance in twenty sixteen to elect Hillary Clinton and we would be living an entirely different reality.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: But we don't trust women, right, and then they said not that woman, and then they had the chance to I liked another one. I didn't trust that.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, And I bet you're the ones that are in charge. They don't trust either.
Speaker 1: So no, they don't, they really don't.
Speaker 2: So what are we really talking about?
Speaker 1: You know what we're talking about? Oh, I know, we're gonna take another break. Yeah, let's do that and grub our tongues and gargle and come back with some pop culture. Yeah, let's do that, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back. CoA CoA coauuk atka. I put this here because it just seemed appropriate. Pantone names its color of the Year for twenty twenty six white. Yeah, cloud Dancer is the actual name of the color white, but as white, that's I'm just gonna leave it there. Color of the Year for twenty twenty six is white. Is white, which is interesting because I thought that the color of the Year for twenty twenty five was white, and twenty twenty four in nineteen seventy three and eighteen oh two.
Speaker 1: But okay, yep, sure, right, it's a different shade. Ah, if not optically as bright as the last one or something. Yeah, that's where we are. That's where we are.
Speaker 2: Not as bright as the last one color.
Speaker 1: And you chose that one. Yeah, okay, this was just funny. So we watched we did watch the documentary about Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: Yes, a History of Violence. I believe it was.
Speaker 1: Called uh huh. He filed a five hundred million dollar defamation lawsuit. Judge dismissed it. Well, yeah, that it's only defamation if they're lying, jack ass, right like this, they're just telling they just reported on things. We know right where you want it, he did.
Speaker 2: They went by like police reports and eyewitness reports.
Speaker 1: But you put it all in that one place and it didn't make me look what it was like.
Speaker 2: Well, when you put it all together like that.
Speaker 1: It sounds bad, baby, baby, you look like an idiot filing a defamation again once again. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's really all there is to that.
Speaker 1: That's all we got, truly, that's all we got. Yeah. The judge went here, get the fuck out of here. This is all you.
Speaker 2: Oh so this just this is a current conversation. Basically the fact that there's a new season of Drag Race and we're like two or three episodes in and like nobody can really watch it because it's on MTV. First of all, they change networks every season, and so they're on MTV. Nobody has cable and you can use a standalone MTV app if you go through a cable provider. And so you know, no one's paying for cable these days because cable ain't cheap.
Speaker 1: Did I tell you? Because we had a day without phone service. Rights of the day Verizon was down. We all, you know, kind of set us this up, you know, PU for martial things to come. Yeah, and so Verizon Internet was apparently also down. We had we had WiFi, but many did not.
Speaker 2: Because we have a different company.
Speaker 1: They sent us twenty dollars. They give us a twenty dollars credit to make up for the day. I mean, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I knew they were going to send out a credit, but that's all we got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty bucks. I mean it was not even a whole day. So but anyway, Yeah, the world is a different place for now, right, but we should not have day long outages. Too many people were lying, you know now we we run shit on Blue Chooth. We run shit on Blue Chooth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Wi Fi and.
Speaker 1: Wi Fi and right yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: How many millions of dollars were lost because folks couldn't make a phone call or take a phone call transaction?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it was fucked up because a couple of people were trying to call me and I couldn't. They couldn't come. They I couldn't get a phone and I couldn't make a phone call, right yeah, for hours.
Speaker 2: Luckily it was it was fixed by the time I had to go to work because that would have sucked.
Speaker 1: Right, right, but it was most of the day. And yeah, so I don't know why I connected those two. But you were talking about streaming, man, people don't you know people don't have land lines anymore? Is where I was going the other place I was going plus twenty bucks off. But people don't, like most people have given up the landline, right. We still know some who were like, Noop, I'm keeping that because you never know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of smart.
Speaker 1: Actually maybe yeah, because we couldn't you could make a nine to one one call.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, that's the only thing we could make a nine one.
Speaker 1: Call, right, because I never saw where it says how many bars you have? This was the first time in the history of having a cellular phone where it's at SS for me, right, And you said that means you can call name one one in that thing. Right.
Speaker 2: The only reason I know that is because I have that second iPhone that I got because I'm a good person, and it doesn't have it's not attached to any kind of carrier network, so it's always says SOS right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So that was a huge walking around the block. You just didn't want to talk about it. Drag Apparently you can't see they're streaming unless you have cable, right, that's a deal. Yeah, and like you know, somebody will put it on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, well when the whole season is over, it'll show up on Paramount Plus. But not until the whole season is over, you know. And like cable is not is not cheap, Like you can get live cable through Hulu if you want to spend eighty four dollars a month, I do not, right, Filo is like you can get an introductory twenty five dollars a month and then it becomes like thirty five or forty dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many different packages and none of them are really cheap. And so it's like, well, who are these people that are watching drag Race because it ain't nobody I know, there's nobody has cable. So I just found that interesting and that's been a problem.
Speaker 1: We haven't had cable in years.
Speaker 2: Right, we haven't really needed it, you know, I don't know's that, but it was dumping people crazy because like All Stars is always on Paramount Plus, Like it just goes directly to Paramount Plus and you can watch the new episode when it drops. So that's fine as we have that. But it's just, you know, and theoretically I could watch it at work because work has cable.
Speaker 1: I bet they do.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to sit and watch drag race with those people.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I don't know how that would go whatever.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's all. It's just it's a it's a it's a current conversation that is being had because folks are not thrilled about the way this is going down.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh well, I wonder why they keep moving network.
Speaker 2: Money hmm, Because first it started on Logo, I know, the little queer network that could, right, and then they got a little money, and so they moved to uh VH one, right, And then they were on VH one for a while, and then then they started airing All Stars on Paramount Plus exclusively and people were mad about that because that's an extra subscription. And then they moved to MTV and this is where they are. They've been in the MTV the past three seasons.
Speaker 1: And MTV and VH one used to be the same thing. Well, sister Sister Chambers or whatever. I mean, they were both on Basic cable, right, you got them both in the package, I believe, right, but we don't. Yeah, so sorry, right, I guess I've been watching Chicago PD. Yes, it was one of those I bypassed for so long. Right.
Speaker 2: It exists in the same world as all the laws in Order.
Speaker 1: Well, every time I would like get to the end of a long in Order binge, it would say, you know, you also you might also want to watch It's it's very violent in comparison, I know, because there's a lot of running. They're always running those god, a lot of chasing, a lot of running, a lot of running pretty people running, and most of the time but running running right right.
Speaker 2: Every time I would walk into the room, it was some chaotic craziness going on, shooting and screaming and running.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And and the only people that are on the Chicago Police Department are twinks, maximum models, and then folks that are like fifty five and up like that's it. No one in between. Hu, That's what I noticed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: It is weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's it's a thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, howard do you have any kind of seniority in the police apartment when you look like you're twenty years old.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's just a new thing. I have never watched. It's entertaining, it's yeah, some of it's you know.
Speaker 2: It's very Is it more violent than s for you? I think it feels more.
Speaker 1: I think so. Yeah, there was too much running in that, but this is worse. It's like always running. Everybody runs away.
Speaker 2: It's like a severed woman's head. I'm just like, goddamn the fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's just been a you know, one of those things to put in the background. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which the Golden Globes happened.
Speaker 1: They did. We mentioned to one to six earlier.
Speaker 2: Yes, and there was I know for one thing, there was a little bit of controversy. So Tiana Taylor.
Speaker 1: Won for the health Hamnet.
Speaker 2: It's a Shakespear the.
Speaker 1: Only thing we see all with sinners, which was great and one bad laughter another that's not on here. It is Best Motion Picture Drama, Best Motion Picture Musical Comedy. So wow, that's one battle after another. They're calling it a musical or comedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's considered a comedy for some reason.
Speaker 1: Uh, huh.
Speaker 2: But Tiana Taylor won Best Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for One Bad Laughter Another. Now, yes, okay, yes, she's fabulous. I love yeah, Like I know, I know she's she was a singer who acts like I knew that, but I never really saw her until she was one of the hosts for the The Matt Gala this past year, and oh my god, she is so fucking fabulous. And uh then we saw her in One Bad Laughter Another and she put in work and she deserved to win her Golden Globe. But the conver station that's going on is her getting an award for that role as opposed to some of the other roles she's had is akin to Denzel winning his oscar for a training day. It's like, that's what you award. It's like a black woman who basically turns her back on the revolution and her family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that did happen.
Speaker 2: So but at the same time, it's like black characters are allowed to be complex too. Yeah, there's an argument to be made for but I totally get it.
Speaker 1: You got a squint to make that argument.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, I mean, having not seen anything else that she's done.
Speaker 1: Acting wise, but I hear what you're like, I.
Speaker 2: Can understand why someone might have that that argument, like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, there's a reason training day one and or he won for training day and not Malcolm X.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. And the reason why Halle Berry won her fucking Oscar.
Speaker 1: Okay, hmm, that's the same thing. There's not an equal comparison to I mean, she won by yeah, which I never saw. Yeah, she was a battered woman, right, she was a.
Speaker 2: Single mother, not that bright. I believe she was a drug addict, and she fucked a racist white man. Uh huh is the long and short of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, And she got an Oscar huh. And I realized I never saw the movie Don't.
Speaker 2: Do It to Yourself. I saw it was the first movie I ever took myself to by myself, and I was sitting in the theater mad. And then I was like, well, let me watch it again, just to make sure that I'm like not being unfair. And I still hated it, and it just and I think I wouldn't have the strong feelings I have about her winning the Oscar if she weren't the first black woman to win that award. I think, yes, I think that's what did it. It's like, no, but anyway, I've forgiven halle Berry as a person, but that.
Speaker 1: Was I mean Tianna Taylor won Best Supporting Yes, yes, and again she put in work that movie.
Speaker 2: That movie, you know, Arguments Aside was a wonderful film.
Speaker 1: A lot of these movies. I don't know a lot of these names. I don't know. Best Screenplay was one battle after another. Hm hmm, I's that right, we watched it.
Speaker 2: I still don't understand why Michael B. Jordan didn't win all the things for playing three part.
Speaker 1: Well yeah mm hmmm. Did sinners win anything?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Best Cinematic Achievement Cinematic and box Office Achievement and Best Score?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I'm in in both cases rightfully deserved, right right because like fuck box office achievement. They stay keeping that movie in the theaters. It it has left and come back so many times, like they, it leaves and it comes back with a bigger, bigger release. Then it leaves and it comes back in imax.
Speaker 1: H is the horn one for Pluribus, which it's still keeping. Told to watch right, Oh Noah Wiley remember him?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: From from from R one for the Pit, which is something else we have not watched. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I keep saying, we need to watch that.
Speaker 1: Gene Smart one for Hacks, yes, which I adore. Michelle Williams one for Dying for Sex.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the Oh that's a series.
Speaker 1: Or limited series. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of my clients was showing me that show and tell me about it, and I was like, oh, good Christ.
Speaker 1: For the Studio, which we started watching and then stopped. Was there a reason we stopped or we just went?
Speaker 2: You stopped because you were annoyed by the style of comedy. It was like cringey cringe comedy. But I ended up finishing it and it is. It is funny, but it's also really well done. Like my favorite episode, as I think it might have been the last one you watched. It was called The Wonner, where he was visiting the set and they were trying to get that one take shot and he kept sucking it up.
Speaker 1: Yep, he kept messing it up, right, but then it just got to be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Right. But the reason why I loved that episode was so much was when I realized that the episode itself was shot completely in one take. I was like, Oh my god, that's brilliant. And then I noticed from that point forward that each episode there was a certain cinematic technique that was used to do the episode. Like the very next episode had this really dramatic drone shot that you don't realize and if you're not paying attention. And then once I paid attention, I was like, oh shit. And then I backed it up and watched it again. It was really really well done, So I get it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I also get why you wouldn't care for that style of comedy because it is kind of cringe porny.
Speaker 1: It annoys me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: I can just you know, read the news and be annoyed.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 1: I don't find it entertaining. Yeah, it got silly, it got like.
Speaker 2: Enough ally it was silly.
Speaker 1: But anytime I say enough already, yeah, we're like we're done. We're just done. Like when slapped, it turns into the absurd.
Speaker 2: There were moments of slapstick. Yeah you would have right now is absurd.
Speaker 1: So uh yeah, that doesn't make me laugh.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I was entertained by it, but well, anyway, I won, he won something one right that happened. We didn't watch, and I have no desire.
Speaker 2: I would have liked to watch it, but I don't have the kind of schedule anymore on Sunday nights that I can watch award shows.
Speaker 1: May do not, so I don't have the desire. So there we go.
Speaker 2: I don't have the time. You don't have the desire, Nope, none, So no, But I do like knowing who wins and who is nominated, because you know, we've seen all of two and a half things that were nominated this year, so I'd like to see if the things that I liked win the things.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yeah, any other pop culture you'd like to talk about anything else happening?
Speaker 2: No, not really.
Speaker 1: I feel like culture is diminishing.
Speaker 2: Culture is not diminishing.
Speaker 1: M hmm the moment.
Speaker 2: I mean, the artist is still make an art.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it's true.
Speaker 2: But I'm noticing that I'm going to have a lot less time on my hands to watch things because you know, I got my promotion, and in my old job, you know, I had more downtime on the job once I got my work work done, so I could watch that new movie or that new series.
Speaker 1: Not so much.
Speaker 2: Now I'm actually like busy the entire time.
Speaker 1: So mixed the Nico Pastor.
Speaker 2: It really does. Like I like being busy, sure, but you know I don't get to watch it no more.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did.
Speaker 2: I never did so, And you know the stuff I would watch at work is the stuff that I couldn't watch with you, like R movies and things like that. So I'm curious to see how pop culture works from here on out.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, there are multiple seasons of Chicago pe dude, unless they start to annoy me. I mean I was watching The Closer and then we got to that episode and then I stopped, and then I was watching what else was I watching? And then I stopped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about it last episode three different shows.
Speaker 1: You were like, no, yeah, no, we just hit a place where I went, yeah and stop. The West Wing was having a gasp and I stopped there too. I did not finish because maybe I'll go back. But it was like, okay, I'm tired right now. It was too directionless. Yeah whatever.
Speaker 2: No, the West Wing, it was just depressing because it was getting to it was it was not at a place where because we're not that anymore. No that yes, but it was a I want to say they were floundering like policy wise or whatever, and I, oh, right, I didn't want to write second term bullshit whatever, And I was just like.
Speaker 1: You know what, yeah, I don't need to watch this go down. Yeah. Yeah, I mean I've watched it through more than one time, but so right, but I just went yeah, no. And then the closer was that, you know, and something else. There was another one that I stopped midstream, and I'm like, and that might happen here, right, who knows.
Speaker 2: Then I also pull you out of your series to say things like we have to watch one bad laughter another.
Speaker 1: So and we did.
Speaker 2: There's other things and I'm sure I'll do that for like I said, Bob the Drag Queen has a new stand up special on Hulu. We have to watch that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure we will. Yeah, I think it's time for a podcast business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do that. If you haven't already, why don't you swing on by Apple Podcasts, good pods, YouTube, or wherever you enjoy our show and leave us a review or a rating or hit that subscribe button five stars and more. Please follow us on social at Full Circle the Pod on Instagram, threads and Blue Sky and full Circle the Podcast on TikTok. You can follow Martha at Imartha Madrigal everywhere. Her writing can be found at I Ammarthamadrigal dot WordPress dot com. I am at never Scurred Everywhere. If you have a story, idea, or some gossip, or just want to say hi and tell us we're doing a great job, drop us a line at ask Full Circlepod at gmail dot com. We'd love to hear from you. Explore our new web store and get your own piece of Full Circle the Podcast merchandise. Just go to our website, Full Circlethepod dot com and click shop our merch There's bound to be something to suit your style. Join our Patreon, Patreon dot com slash Full Circle Thepod starting at just the three dollars a month. Here you get access to all of our episodes add free and before everyone else, and it only gets better from there. It's fun. Over at the Patreon, you can also check out our Discord channel. Full Circle the Podcast Podcast business over all.
Speaker 1: Right, So we'll try to do this on the regular a little better.
Speaker 2: Yeah than we were.
Speaker 1: Please until next time. I am Martha Madrigal.
Speaker 2: And I am Charles Tyson Jr.
Speaker 1: And you've been listening to Full Circle the podcast Thank You for Bye Everyone.
Speaker 2: Full Circle is a Never Scurred Productions podcast hosted by Charles Tyson Junior and Martha Madrigal, produced and edited by Never Scurred Executive Produced by Charles Tyson Jr. And Martha Madrigal. Our theme in music is by The jingle Berries. All names, pictures, music, audio, and video clips are registered trademarks and or copyrights of their respective copyright holders.