Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to episode one eleven of the POTTYC. That's right, this week Fronc has to do the least finger movement in a while to create the episode title, so big congratulations to him. This week we have We've just had rain testing for Venomous Abyss, which actually the first time in like three patches that I've actually been able to make it to raid testing because the last two have been super unfortunate times, so I actually have more more grounding than usual in what the fights look like. But before then, we have an add on Drama News sad news. Like I say drama, but it's like it's you know, sad, which is unholted raidframes. I don't know if either of you guys were unhlted raid frames Enjoyers have halted development due to abuse and harassment. Here's the wowhead post on that you've seen this your user?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was a user until Ellesmere. What happened? This was the goal to during that on Verge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of like several add ons that popped up in the past year and then popped down soon after. I remember there was like a nephew I was another one of these, right, whereas like the add on purge is happening, some new people kind of throw their hats into the add on dev ring and then people they kind of got a taste of, like how uh toxic the you know discourse in the community can be around it? Yeah, and then they're out of there. So in this case it was unholted rade frames. They pushed a large update that added party in raid frames, indicated from ready checks and threat and more requested features. Unfortunately, this update also caused several unintended problems breaking core out On functionality, resulting in a daly uge of irate comments from its user base on the project page, discords, dms, and other social spheres. Several hours later, the creator announced over discord the add on would cease development entirely in direct response to the hatred and abuse received throughout the day. The author further reminded users that out On Dev's work on projects of passion and no one should be subjected to abuse or harassment for creating add ons, posing with a final request to be kinder to one another, I think a very understandable yep, you know the response to yeah, it's like it's on the one head, you know, obviously everybody's good. People are going to be mad when you but something breaks, you know, functionality that they're used to. We can see that with a wow patch. But on the other hand, add On does in particular are basically just doing this for free or for you know, pennies, And.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember this happened. Something similar happened to this in a class discord actually, where like I think there was like an issue with the shadow pre sim or something like many uses in Shadowlands, where like basically this person had it wrong and people had picked a covenant and then the covenant ended up changing, and then I just remember there was a barrage of like fuck you, Like obviously these people are doing it as a as like a passion thing, and like obviously it can affect people in a negative way, but like they're not getting paid for it, and they get like a ton of hate when stuff doesn't work. Obviously it's usually directed at Blizzard if it's like, oh, they released a buggy patch or whatever and that made this stuff not work, but like, oh, it's actually on the out on developer, and I have heard some sentiment as to like, oh, that guy just couldn't take the heat. It's like well maybe, but also if someone's just doing something in their spare time because they want to for fun, just like a little side project, and that also comes with the side effect of people fucking yelling at you, which sucks, you might be like, well, you know what, it actually turns out it's not worth it for me to do this, So it's like totally valid. It like makes complete sense to me why they would do that. And yeah, maybe think before you start slandering people.
Speaker 2: Some people are just not built for as shit. It's just like the quasi ui situation. He was literally there for a moment and suddenly he's gone.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not some people. I want to say, most people I'm just gonna throw I don't think. I don't think. I don't think there's most people that are like able to handle. And I don't even know how many times in people's lives anyone even on average, like even deals with thousands of people being mad at them on the internet. But like, I don't know how many people are actually built to handle that. It's like really hard.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I think streamers sometimes go through that, it's like a more common thing. But land like certainly the game developers, right but I don't think it's like it's like, oh, like you should be built for this, and you're fucked up if you're not. Like, I don't think like anyone's built for that. Honestly, it's like something that people will end up like learning to live with. I guess if it ends up being in the career path you're doing. But like if it's not even your career path, it's just like a little side thing, like why the fuck would you ever subject yourself to that? It totally makes sense for him to back out, well a.
Speaker 2: Bit of a tangent, but Titles made a new video talking about how he thinks about it, Like you was just like an opinion piece about how he feels about loot nowadays in the world of warl craft. People were fucking shitting on him. They were absolutely relentless people. He was just like, this is just an opinion. Uh. He basically said, like how loot and gearing in world war craft is just like unfulfilling and it just like feels bad right now and there needs to be like a better solution is I want to understand it. Heal with you. I mean, to be fair, I didn't like actively listen to his video. I kind of just like had to play in the mark ground and.
Speaker 1: Very few people can do that, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder if he actually had a bad take, because Tottles has this thing where like I don't even really know when this started, Like there's certainly some moon can hate, and I'm sure he's had some some stinker takes over the years. Who who amongst us hasn't right, uh, but he has this thing about him where like he starts speaking and people are just like, oh this guy again, I.
Speaker 2: Don't really know where that's just giving his opinion too, like you know, he's not saying like this is a bible, like this is how it should be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well sometimes people people have been getting up in arms about that kind of shit for years though, where where they'll be like, yeah, well you you have the comeback of like well I'm just they're getting mad at you, and you're like, well, I'm just a streamer. I'm just like I'm just saying my opinion, like and then like, well people listen to you, so you can't have fucking bad opinions. Blizzard makes the game off of what.
Speaker 2: You're like a politician.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's tough because, like I love making fun of tittles. Over the years, there have been so many stupid things he said, and it sucks because I can't say like half of the mean things I want to say about him because everybody else is like means it when they say it sometimes, So now I don't get to I don't get to roast him as much as I'd like to. So it's really tough out there. I wish people would stop being mean, like stop hogging all of the being means tittles so that I can do more of it. Please. It's a really unfair that's valid, Yeah, it is, like I think it's something that almost everybody would be surprised by. We've talked about this before in the context of content creation there whereas like if a couple of people are like actively being nasty towards you, it's like, it doesn't you don't if you're just watching that dynamic from the outside, it doesn't, it will you will not understand like the psychic damage that does to almost everybody upon like being on the receiving end of that. There's like, no, it's it's just as an unreasonable you know, percent more multiplier, more than you would expect for how much that like lives rent free in your head. For most people, some people are able to you know, get past it. Other people are just like randomly immune to it or inured to it already. But for the most part, like if you just took an average human off the street and then had them read like ten mean comments about them, that would ruin their week, month, year potential, Like it's it is a tough situation to be put into, and it's one that if you're not ever on the other side of it, you just won't appreciate because you you know, if you're just doing a regular job, like you will not be put in that position pretty much. Ever, So I have a lot of a lot of empathy for out on developers that find themselves whenever you find this yourself is like the main character of an add on you know, situation for the day or something like that, Like you're gonna attract just an amount of you know, criticism, and even if it's like ninety percent fair criticism being posted without malice, the ten percent that is like over the line kind of infects the rest of it.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, absolutely, yeah, So let's let's make a verdict on ourselves. Let's let what does anyone know what he actually argued? Like maybe we could even hear like a like a snippet of it or the Tedtle's got no I'm trying to basically see, like like let's make a educated like is him getting backlash for this warranted? Because like, you know, it's also possible Tedtles said some really fucking dumb and people are mad, you know, but like it's it's also possible that people are mad for no reason and he did nothing wrong. But if no one listened to it, then what can we do?
Speaker 2: I who listened to it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it'd be crazy.
Speaker 3: I wonder how many people that are mad at him also didn't listen to it and they just saw other people mad at him and they were like, here we fucking go again. Fuck him, he's wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or you just listen to the first thirty seconds and then you know, base you extrapolate what the next probably yeah, based on that, Or you just rock summarized this video for me and write a witty roast of it.
Speaker 2: There are occasionally moments where people have no idea what the video is actually saying, and they'll just be like very upset because of that. But yeah, I mean I can't really say what happened exactly in that video because I don't even know myself, and it was one of the comments was like I've never disked the vide year before, but I had to here.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds like, yeah, I don't know that, like in the context of a delusion negative comments that one you know is another one of them, but also like by itself, it's kind of a you know, just the person expressing a take seems fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I saw this fear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I looked at the comments there. It looked like there weren't I suspect he's been, you know, pruning the worst of them, which is good take. By the way, people, if you ever get mad at somebody for like censoring the comments on their video when they're just taking out the you know, the meanest ones it is, you got to do that. Otherwise the ratio just gets worse and worse, and like nobody reasonable stays in your comment section. So yeah, that's not like fleeing from it or anything.
Speaker 2: Dude. So going back to the I don't on discussion, there is one thing that really annoys me about something that I don't developers do. It's when they push a feature that you want to be optional. I know a couple of ad On developers that have done this, one of them being big wigs, like Bro, they added the thing where they have nameplates on the mobs, you know, the name play cool downs. This was like back in Dragonflame maybe or maybe shadow Lands, and it's like, yeah, I mean that's a great feature, right, Like it's nice to have nameplates on mobs, Like you want to be able to see the cool downs on the on the abilities from the mobs. But when I already had Marror's's nameplate week or at a time and I couldn't disable the big wigs option, it was like, actually so annoying. It's like, Bro, I'm trying to use your add on and you're just trying to like force this down my throat, Like please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually think there's a I could like correlate this to how we deal with players sometimes. So we when we're coming up with like new tech during the race, we used to always push it with everything on, with the idea that hey, if the players don't want it, they can just disable it right now. Players a lot of times didn't like this because like there are one hundred pulls into a hard boss, two hundred pulls, they reload next pull, and now there's this thing that is in the middle of their screen and they're like, what the fuck, Like, what's going on here? Right? So now we have swapped it back to where we do not give them stuff right away and they have to manually enable everything. What happens there is people actually end up not using a lot of tech that's very very good and they would use if they enabled it or if they had it given to them, but they didn't because like of the process of having to choose to manually turn something on. So if I'm going to fight, I also agree with you that has also made me mad in the past. But if I'm going to fight the battle for uh the ad on developers and also the end of that story is now what we do is we have to make judgment calls as officers as to like we try to know what is the stuff we have that's actually really fucking good, and we do make those on by default. So it's not like all or nothing in either direction. It is like manually some of these things are we think are really important, and we're forcing you to have them, and they're going to be default on and some of them are optional based on role and stuff like that. Okay, if you're an ad On developer and you come up with a really cool feature and you make it not on by default, I bet if they look at the number. I don't know if they have numbers on this stuff, but like, I'm gonna guess that even if it's an amazing feature that makes your ad On better, that's going to keep people downloading it if you don't enable it automatically. Like I'm just going to make up a number like ninety five percent of people are never going to actually do the research to know that that is now available and will never even try it. So they would rather kind of using the example with our raiders, they would rather put it in your face and say hey, I don't want it, and disable it and at least let you know that it's there. Then like just basically put it as an option where they know that no one's going to click on it, and they spend time on it and want people to use it.
Speaker 2: I think no, I'll think you're understand what I'm saying. So it wasn't a one of those like, oh, you know, here's a cool future of that we're gonna enable by default. It was one of those you're not allowed to turn off our feature, Like they added the name play thing and you were not allowed to turn it off. There was like no option to turn off whatsoever. If you want to turn it off, you have to not use that ad on, Like it's either you take it or you leave it. And yeah, if you're a bunch of people who complain about it on the big wigs discord and the guy got so butt heard that he ended up banning a bunch of people saying how like, look, you have to use it. If you don't use it, then don't use my had on how about that, which was like that's kind of cringe behavior, like I'm not gonna lie, especially from such a big ADAM developer, where it's like you want to use the very add on because you've been using it for so many years.
Speaker 1: I think the the perspective is like, you know, it's a mistake, and then it's like you get backed into a corner where and now like four hundred annoying people are dming you about it, and you know obviously you shouldn't get defensive, but you know, you should just realize that, you know, you should just make it optional, right. But like at that point, it's you're reacting emotionally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and exactly you're you, maybe for the first time ever, are reacting to a large crowd of people being mad at you, and it's ramping, you know, and people are just gonna have different reactions to that. Sometimes people are gonna have their wires get crossed and they're gonna fucking fight back, you know. And I don't know is many people that are gonna shoot on them for that. I don't know how many of you would not do the same, maybe, you know, because it's just hard to put yourself in that position of just like you open up discord, which is normally for you like a cool place to talk to other people that enjoy your add on and maybe give some feedback, and you open it and they're like, you suck, fuck you, why did you do this? And that's it's just hard. Man.
Speaker 1: You could even see like relatively normal people becoming class Discord moderators and then see how they react to not even something negative, but literally just to the same question being asked five times in a day. It's like, is there something you know wrong with people that would choose to become a class discord admin. Maybe, but the percentage of them that become like just unhingedly you know, infuriated by people asking the same question over and over again should go to show that, like, it's actually a surprisingly annoying thing that you wouldn't guess if you hadn't been on the other end of it. And that's not even like negative right when you change that to like people being negative about your add on change that you clearly think is a good idea, good enough that you don't even consider that not everybody might not want it turned on right. And also you've you know, you've just like updated it right, and yeah, I don't know. I Again, I'm not trying to say it's not a mistake. I'm just trying to say it's a as one of those things where the reaction that people will have to, especially again when they're like basically volunteers working on these add ons, is is it's going to look surprising from the outside. And it's not surprising to me that people, uh people get as you know, upset as they do about it. Obviously, they shouldn't if they can, but yeah, I try and extend them a little bit of a benefit of the doubt when possible. But yeah, I've also I have seen that other thing actually you were talking about, where it's like if you push a feature and you don't actually like like you can push a feature, you can put it in the notes of that you can like make a shiny little pop up when you first log in that's like, hey, my add on now has this new functionality. And I have seen I don't remember exactly what it was, but I remember a couple of weeks ago I saw somebody like rudely asking on Twitter for a feature on an add on that had been added to that add on like a year ago by that exact process, and that user just had ignored and myss that it had been added to the add on. So it is definitely something where.
Speaker 3: Oh I think it's a very I mean, like I said, we have a doubt. We have like straight up dell with that. Like it is literally these people's jobs to kill raid Boss as fast as possible, which means using all the tech that is possibly available to them that we have people hired to make for them, right and like it's their job to make sure that they have this shit, So it's above like a casual gaming, it's like their job and a large amount of those things. If we did not make them on by default, they wouldn't use right, So it's it's I would rather deal with them get mad for one pole because some things on their screen and go away than them like having done an entire progression where they would have played better had they known something was there.
Speaker 2: I've learned as a streamer is that people don't fucking read like. You can have millions of commands, you can have you know, all these things on your titles and shot all over your screen, and people will just ask the same ship like, hey, what are your talents? Hey, where's the tearless? What is meta? You know? What's that add on there using even though it literally says the right fear of that, like the add on is called tru c g GCD or whatever the fuck it might be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember when the corruption Vendor reset on like every twice a week or whatever there was. I had to a stream where people asked it so often every they asked that I made it bigger the timer on my screen by the end it was like half the screen before uh the stream is over. It's yeah, the very people people do not there. They would rather just ask than try, and like you know, than any anything else, right, than than think about it at all. Which, yeah, that's just that's that's something you gotta you know, you gotta play around if you're a streamer. But ad On devs usually don't have to play around it. It's just when they push a controversial update that they then get a taste to that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, me really sucks for the guy though m hm.
Speaker 1: Again, I totally understand that. It's like it's you know, it sucks that a cool add on has gone off of the market basically, but I definitely understand why they took it off.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like I said, yeah, about to say els me or I continues to climb the of of did I saw a picture in my guild discord today of someone having purchased or showed a picture of like their Ella's Mirror merch on their bed like a T shirt. Like they're just so fucking Ella's mire pilled that they just straight up buying merch.
Speaker 1: They're Yeah, it's a I mean a good call. It like an all in one Adam that just kind of does all of the everything. Well, that's uh, that's what people have been kind of yearning for ever since week or is stop the updating so awesome?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's really impressive when people like THHD and JB are using Ellesmere UI, Like these guys are hardheaded as hell. They will literally never change your habits.
Speaker 3: Yep, THHD changing his UI is absolutely insane, Like I cannot believe that that happened.
Speaker 1: Are all right? Speaking of THD, I have some DMS for THD. Recently, when I was doing normal raid testing, he was laughing because we'd started pulling the trash. The trash this upcoming raid is, what on earth were they? I don't know if you guys have done normal testing or like maxively watch the normal testing beyond the bosses, but they have made some of the most diabolical trash gauntlets that I've ever seen in a raid. And there's like three separate sections with differently evil trash coming up. So if that doesn't change by the time this goes live, I think that's going to be probably the biggest thing that most people remember from this raid will be how awful the trash is I'm not exacter it is so bad. The trash gauntlets that you get into, Yeah, yeah, it's nasty. The bosses are pretty cool, though a couple of them were like bad, but they've retested those and they work now, so that's good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: A couple of them were very, very sloppy, like the first testing of Vashnik, which is I think the closest way to understand this raid layout is uh Avarice, So like there's like a first boss and then there's like two little two boss wings and then it like goes linear after that. I think that's like the easiest way to understand the the pacing of the current raider, like what they're trying to do with that, And like Vashnik is the end of one of the wings, So I guess you could relate it to like where u RAS Shock or Forgotten Experiments was, for example, if you're trying to like put a difficulty in your head, but it's like, dude, the did you even see like a vod of the previous testing where like there was just like a million Oh you did you did the Like there's a million and you have to kill them after you break them out, and like Yeah, it was a total disaster. Like it was just our raiders were just going like slop, this is slop slop boss. Like it was definitely not received well at all, and then it, uh, these bosses were way better. Same thing with the for the tortollin boss, the uh uh what's it called something?
Speaker 1: Explorer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lost Explorers is way way better. That was pretty tough too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one was. That one's pretty cool. It's like a it's kind of a council boss, but you can only stack up two of the three at a time, and you like get to choose which of the three does their alts at a time as well. Unfortunately, two of the three alts didn't work on their first testing and just were impossible to do, so that was obviously not great. But then the second testing they figure that out, so you know, kudos to them for making that boss worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a it's a fine council boss. And it's not in a part of the raid that it's it's it's in the uh I believe it is in the Zachali assault spot, right. Yeah, it's like you go left and it's it's it's there either that or in tomb Sentinels is your second boss exactly, yeah, which is very similar to like Amalgamation Chamber if any actually speaking of avarice like literally like almost like Bar for Bar the same boss, uh there, and then yeah, and then and then Scissorak after Lost Explorers is like I think definitely ras Shock tier and like similar like single target boss with some dodging and stuff and a little damage jamp. That's very cool, yeah, although.
Speaker 1: It is one of those obnoxious damage jamps that is a at a kind of weird timing and b you're getting knocked back while it's going on, So if you're not like a dk DEA's advancing, you're gonna have a hard time getting value out of that, out of that damage jamp. And it's it's actually it reminds me exactly of salad r too, because it's such a small damage jamp. It's like thirty percent, so it's like big enough that you have to care about it, but not big enough that it's you know, a big a huge deal, right, It's like that exact number where it is just in my opinion, it's just like annoying because there's also the movement going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the damage the damage timings for damage aamps are weird. The movement isn't that big of a deal because you can, you know, you have the ability to manipulate that. Also, they did make some changes to the boss that like do you move less when you have the pop debuff, but also like punished you in more ways if you handle it properly. So I think they're they're kind of cooking with that. Did you spend any time on the second to last.
Speaker 1: Boss, Yeah, not this retesting of it, but the we got through phase one in the first testing.
Speaker 3: And I'm assuming instantly got clapped in P two P twos like.
Speaker 1: We have like a minute into P two on one of our polls or something. So it was not enough, like enough for me to have a theory about how you could do the mechanics, but not enough for us to get any whork close decks getting them, you know. So, dude, it's such a cool boss. Basically in P one, you're kind of collecting these green orbs and stacking them up to get hit by the boss frontal and on mythic there's also some that you have to make sure you don't get too close to the other orbs and you're also doing some other you know, mechanics. Of course, on top of that really fun phase, you get this exciting combination of like the tank positioning and also other players moving these orbs and the oft time moving the Mythic orbs because they do a lot of image. And then P two. So P two on Mythic you have people that are like trying to jump off the edge Jailer's style, right. You got to stop them from jumping off the edge. When you stop them, they spawn two ghosts that fixate players. They will walk towards that player unless the player looks at them, so you can like freeze them in place by looking at them. But only the person who is being fixated on Mythic can actually see their ghost, so nobody else can see your ghost. And you need to get them all hit by a tank frontal to make them go away. And they're like six of them, and on Mythic they can't be too close to each other or else they start pulsing damage. So I think you need a line of like six world markers, and you need to like have people call out or somehow systematically assign like Okay, I'm gonna I'll put mine on circle. I'll put mine on X or whatever, and then you have to like line a tank front a lot at that while simultaneously doing the other mechanic of the phase, which is like you have these ads that you kick them, and then kicking them just like stops them from killing you, but it doesn't stop them forever, and they're shielded and you have to you have to like land these circles on them to actually break their shield and each time you kick them they teleport away a little bit. So it's like that's super annoying. And you have to land two of these four circles on each of the ads. You have to be precise of that, and then you have to kill these ads, and all this is going on while people are like kiting and then freezing their their spirits. I don't know, it's incredibly hectic. And then from normal testing it's like and then we get a phase three, which is both P one and P two at the same time, and you just have to actually do everything slow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's slowed down though you have the ability. Yeah, but both mechanics they definitely feel like three separate phases, not necessarily like P one and P two and then it's just like, well, let's fucking do it. At the same time, it's like kind of slowed down, kind of similar to like I think Stoneleage in General's P. Three is actually I know that word is going to immediately trigger some people, but like yeah, yeah, but not in the you know, there's a lot that that isn't why the fight was bad. It's just like the cadence of the fight specifically in that phase that is a reason why. Uh yeah, Like the last phase you thought it would just be crazy, right, but then it like kind of even though it had all the mechanics, it was just slowed down enough to where it didn't actually like matter, you just kind of did them all. Yeah, pee two. They did add one thing though, where when you kick the ghost now, like the two ghosts that are out in that I guess ghosts. There's a lot of ghosts, like two guys at the ten second fear casts that you have to stop. When you kick those, everyone can temporarily see the spirits, so like that at least gives you some visual clarity. But yeah, I mean that's gonna gonna like absolutely nuke the shit out of people. I think like a lot of times on progression with those until there's i mean actually like most really complicated fights, though I think the reality is like it sounds really complicated, but by the time you get to it, you're just gonna do what you saw in a video and we're going to eventually make something that makes that hopefully consistent, right, Like there a way to solve it, except for like what's famously like that. I think glaves. Maybe that isn't true though, Like literally, no matter how there was no strat to make Glaves easy. You just like got to play the game.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't Glaze be like the opposite example. It's like something that's super simple but it's challenging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just to me, like I mean.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 3: Well, it's super simple and it's design where it's just like, okay, we all get it. It's like glaves or whatever, but it's not actually like it was just like the singular hardest mechanic ever, Like you could look at as like a super hard to solve, crazy puzzle thing and it's like that is only one mechanic, glaves, but like it's harder than that, and we spent i mean hours and hours and hours throwing attempts away trying to come up with any kind of system to make that single thing easier because it was so hard, and at the end of the day, it's just like, yeah, I mean, obviously you're gonna have to game, but it is it's just going to be so difficult no matter what.
Speaker 1: But yeah, fight does not really it doesn't seem like it has a Glaves equivalent, Like it seems like it's all kind of It's some of these are going to require quick reactions, and the throughput challenge is definitely there, and making a good decision about like where to bring your circles to and stuff. You know, making the correct, easiest decision is definitely going to be a big deal. But it's it doesn't seem like it's a huge like personal responsibility fight in the in the same way that Glaves was. It seems like it's a lot more like developing good systems for this and everybody understanding them, which to me personally, like this is the most excited I've ever been for a second to last boss from testing it is. It was it was such It's like usually when we're testing, by the time the one hour mark rules around, I'm like, okay, I'm glad to be out of here, right. It's like we've been wiping on something for a while. You know, I kind of understand what we'd have to do to solve this, but not everybody else does. And I don't want to try and like make a spreadsheet mid testing to to assign anymore of this stuff. With this one, it was like the hour finished and I was like, wait, this is an hour already, Like this is this is so fun. This is a blast to progress. So I'm very much looking forward to fighting that one. A couple of the bosses before it not as much. I think Twin Fangs for instance. That one's like dodging Green on Green Hell that I'm not looking forward to as much. But yeah, that was On the other side, we're pretty.
Speaker 3: Good that one. They came up with a really interesting thing, Like it's the first time in a very long time that like a boss that's in the you know nexus, Princess kaives the you know I guess, yeah, technically the Magmarax position, the sludge Fist position, the third to last boss in a linear fashion where there's no choices and it's like kind of usually where like the single target E type boss is except they just made. It is definitely going to be hard, and it is pure to target like the entire time, which is as I think we saw a little bit last season with the Vanguards the Paladins, like that one is actually on Heroic it's trip it's three target, but on on Mythic I think you're like, it's two target cleave like seventy five percent of the time. So like, but that wasn't a hard boss, Like this is a boss that should be significantly more challenging than Vanguards, and like having a boss that difficult, that has that specific of a profile is like really interesting. Maybe Lords of Dread is a similar although also very weird, Like the Damagejamp thing with that was weird, but like that's something It's two target in this game is something that is historically not balanced in any way. Yeah, so like I think that will maybe be kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean you could look at lifeline of Vanguard's week one and two, like warcraft log statistics, the difference between the best specs on that and the rest versus on a single target fight was like night and day. Right, Yeah, this tier there is a lot of that though, Right, It's like the first boss. This is single target with ads right decond boss, two target with a third target, a prior target that spawns sometimes third boss. Two targets that are stacked, and then one target that's not. Then Vashnik is ad slop spawn thing. Scissorac is single target, but then twin fangs. Yeah, two targets with these like extra bursts of other ads spawns, coiled alter mostly single target, and then a two target last phase and then we'll attack as a question mark. But like of these, it's mostly looking like if you are a two or three target specialist, like this tier is going to be crazy lucrative for you. SU specs like Moonkin, Shadow Priest I think are have a really really high potential to be good for most of this tier, although of course the end boss is always the thing that matters the most for.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, the which also has a lot of different kind of damage profiles to it as opposed to the usual.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we got here a bunch of eggs and stuff. You could get into this boss's room and normal testing and there's a bunch of eggs on the ceiling, so uh looks yeah, uh scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said it could be a raid where moon Can is good? And that made me think, when was the last time that moon Cain was like good? Was it actually shadow Lands, like the last time you played a moon Cain and it was like strong? Maybe you could even say like stacking two of them, because I think typically when a class is like good, you want two of them.
Speaker 1: I just have bosses, right, But like, when's the last actual raid tier where you were like, Mooncin is good this tier rather than like stick Spunk Junker, moon Cain is good on this boss right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were the best class in the game. In Sanctum of Domination, there's the singular best deps spec and that's like pretty rare after actually most specs never even have a period of time where that is true about them. But yeah, they it's been it's been a it's been like fuck six years since the moon Can have been good in raids somehow, and they're still very hated, which is pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, all this sounds like to me is Bumkin is probably gonna end up being very dog shit for for M.
Speaker 1: Plus maybe Yeah, it's I mean like they they've reworked it on the PTR a little bit, right, So yeah, yeah, it's a super favorable raid and like it's doing really well and testing and everything. It is possible they'll nerve it so that it's good in raid but not great and then awful and m plus is of course.
Speaker 3: That happened, though, I feel like they're classes that are typically like that happens good in raid. I feel like they're almost always good in mythic plus.
Speaker 2: We're talking like feer your warrior treatment. Oh, Like in narrative, we're talking like if you have like a very specific type of damage that is just extremely good at certain situations, it's gonna get nerved, which will end up making it plus yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like if you're good at cleave, right, if you're good at cleave, they nerve you and now you're your bad single target. You're good at cleave and you're bad at AoE, and then that means you're bad and then plus right, It.
Speaker 3: Just depends on what kind of cleave. Like I, I do think the Fury Warrior on Answerk is a very unique situation, Like I don't think it's typical every tier there's a class that's like really good in the raid and then gets nerved and makes them bad. A mythic plus, like like warrior just too.
Speaker 2: That happens quite often. I mean like shadow priests for example, right, like shadow priests have notoriously be I think despite not needing then nerve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's the opposite though they were never good in raided. They were never nerved in because they were good in raid, which made them bad a mythic plus. It was almost the opposite.
Speaker 2: Well, like an undermine on their mind was one of them that.
Speaker 3: Was like pretty oh that like because one armed bandit was a boss because like they were like very fine and like okay for the rest of the raid, but they.
Speaker 2: Got shot by like Fiercent or some shit, and they.
Speaker 3: Weren't they weren't they mythic plus at that point though too.
Speaker 2: No, they weren't. They weren't quite mety yet. But that was the disc they were looking all right, Uh I believe this oracle is yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean typically like getting nerve to mythic plus, if like your class is really strong and mythic plus, it doesn't really affect you that much in raid because raid is a slightly different profile. It's like cleaving like three on average, it's like cleaving three to five ads on like they spawn and then they need to die, or it's like consistent two to three target cleave, which is not really Mythic Plus's profile, right, It's like either pure single target or like you're fighting like fifteen or sixteen mobs or fifteen or like twenty mobs. So like, yeah, I guess like Mythic Plus nerves are less likely to affect dungeons, but when they nerve you and raid in any way, especially your single target in a wee talents, I think that will hurt your Mythic Plus, right, because you don't want to be that class that's like farming overall, but like does nothing to bosses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sometimes it depends on like do they hit you in your m plus only talents or do they hit you in your you know, core coefficient or something right, which they kind of randomly decide that it is.
Speaker 3: It is interesting though, like if you're a pure Mythic Plus player and you look at it from the perspective only of like your enjoyment playing a specific spec in Mythic Plus, you at times will have your class nerve and Mythic Plus because of them making a raid boss a certain way, like one arm bandit. If Shadow Priests did get nerve that tier, it is exclusive because they were not good at anything else in that raid at all. In fact, they were like really bad for the last second to last boss, and the last boss didn't matter a bit. So like they got nerved basically because they decided to for the first time in years, by the way, design a like three target spread cleave thing for the first time ever, and then your class is just worse and mythic plus because of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it owned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're always kind of hoping that you're not good at both if you only play one.
Speaker 3: Again, though I don't. I don't think this even happens every every season though, like it's it's not like.
Speaker 2: It's pretty often, So I would say fifth Midnight season one, it was Marksman Hunter. Marksman Hunter was one of the specs that was like looking pretty decent and it got shot on the head because of how powerful of their two three target was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was just because of what it was, because of light blind and Vanguard right that they got shot right right? Yeah, yeah. Bear also you could you could you could argue that Bear they ended up the way that they got there was like the buff and they just happened to accidentally buffet and N plus instead of yeah, there is. There's always collateral damage, I guess between the two modes. Just yeah, the scale of it changes from tier to tier.
Speaker 2: I would say this happens very often with healers actually, which is one of the reasons why I've always said preservation will literally never be good and N plus because that class any moment it gets to shine, like just the tiniest bit, it's like, oh, this is going to be the most broken healer in RAID, which I mean, like when has this not happened, like even like literally just this week, right, like literally just today they had some their preservation evocre because it was like way too good in RAID or some shit, right, Like, I don't know anything about that class, but what I do know about that class is it's always nerved in RAID and it's never good in M plus.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I mean it has been op and raids several It was OPI and Narbar, it was Opie and Dragonfly. Uh season your season on Dragonfly, right that was it was OPI in as well.
Speaker 3: So I mean it's getting to the point where I think going into every tier, you're like you're just under the assumption preservation will be op Yeah, it's just it's just mechanical. It just has the mechanics of a class that is just insane and raid. It's just built in baseline with their spells.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what exactly is if that makes them good? I don't know anything about Froze same not a healer.
Speaker 1: I think it's like, first of all, Rewind scales really well in a raid setting, and it's not it's one of those like CDs that is is much more effective in that than in an M plus. And then also just effects like dream breath are work better in a raid situation. You know, it's easier to kind of hit everybody than an M plus the way that those pulls typically work out. So I think I think it's a combination of those things. And then layered on top of that is like the spell tuning every season. But I think that's the baseline that's the problem. But I also am not press is probably the healer that I like get the least intuitively, you know, like like knowing what, knowing when it should be doing healing and how is the least easy for me to understand.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really have an identity. Those in. I don't even know what their identity is supposed to be.
Speaker 1: I think it is like reversing damage, right, Like that seems like the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I believe it, it sounds like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems. I think they have like multiple different profiles, like they've been able to spec into like different parts of their kit. Uh, Like you can like spec into the reversion stuff, you can do, dream flight, you can do whatever. That flame big Burst of Healing was like multiple patches ago. I don't think the gameplay for those as I have all been like super similar. They just have like a ton of sauce.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: They're just like a newly created class and they have so much sauce that they could just cook up a build in any direction based on like what Blizzard wants to be good that patch, and it's just different and really strong in a different way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, do you guys want to do good? Door keep which?
Speaker 2: Guy? Here's my hot take about class like dentity. They need to not nerve DK's survivability. Yeah, I know, I know everyone's been all up in airs about like a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, by any chance, just curious.
Speaker 2: I I do, but hear me out I am not for specifically DKA being uniquely powerful defensively. You know, like like I just don't like the idea of having to homogenize every single utility defensive, et ceter rub because like, you know, like at first, we were complaining about utility, right, like we complained about master Spell when it was op back and Dragonfly. We complained about you know, like mine to fade and they have to nerve all that shit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: There was also Demon Hunter stigils, right like Dean Hunter's sigils got absolutely neutered, and it's just so fucking lame how Dean Hunter stigils are just completely worthless now And it feels like we're now raising our pitchforks at d KS because they happen to be meta for three and a half seasons in a row now in l plus and so obviously you know, everyone's like talking about the defensive kid of DPS specs now, which is like crazy because like literally no one has ever talked about this before. It's just like we've gone to the point where we're just like looking for the smallest things to complain about, and I just feel like you're just gonna lose DK's identity if you're get on their for survivability, Like, they've literally been the tankyest DPS spec for since literally very inception, right like, literally since raphablicking, they have been the tank at spec. And if they're just gonna take that away from them, I think that's extremely fucking lame. It is, it is.
Speaker 3: It's a real convenient niche to happen to be like your thing, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean not really, because I mean, like, the class hasn't been good before despite being instantly tanky, right, Like, it just so happens that Blizzard also cares a lot about tuning very damage high because of the whole raid buff situation. Like I swear if they actually just gave DK a raid buff and tune their damage appropriately, we wouldn't be thinking about DK being metal all the time. Like literally, the class is only meta because it's extremely high damage. Like everyone's gonna cope and be like, oh, I mean no, it's because of their survivability. Except no, Like, literally, the class has been this survivable for an entire decade of M plus and not a single time has it been good until I.
Speaker 3: Think you are hitting on something that's pretty important, the like the defensives in general are just overrated, like they basically make a great class morop. But I think it was much more of a problem in the game when like Mythic plus keys, where I believe how they used to be. I don't know if it's still this way now, but like where you would just straight up not be able to like live so many of the mechanics because like you started, like running into a key level where damage wasn't your issue, it was whether you could even possibly stay alive. If that's not the case you, defensiveness is like you can say it's like, oh, like it's the only thing that matters or whatever, But like, bro, if there's a class that's just doing like five percent more damage than you, and you could be the tankiest thing on planet Earth, and the best players are gonna find a way to play the thing that does five percent more damage. And if that's true, then how op are defensives? Right? Defensives are like as op as you need this amount to stay alive, but typically a class doesn't fall below that threshold of what is possible, so you always take the thing that just does more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed, I mean, well, I will say one thing that does make it kind of weird this time around is Blizzer has done a much better job at balancing damage, which a lot of people probably won't agree with, because you know, everyone's always gonna be like, oh, no, Blizer balance is fucking terrible, except it's really not, Like I mean, I think Blizard has been an all time good balance compared to you. You know, you want to know.
Speaker 3: Why people will always say that. It's because you're never speaking to people who are looking at the game in its like broad scope. Because naturally what people do is they care about the thing that they play, and most people maine one thing or maybe play a few things. So if that thing isn't good, and their cues are really long and they turn into tune into your stream and they hear you say that Blizzard balance is good right now, that's going to piss them off because to them, it's not right. So, like that's why you every time you hear someone say that and get mad at you saying like, Blizzard is balancing really good right now, you're hearing a bunch of individual people from their individual perspectives being like, yes, because agreeing with that, but if because like who out there is truly a like, I look at things the way they are for everyone, like almost everyone, like ninety plus percent of people, even at the high end, are going to be so dialed in on like what they actually care about, and that is going to to tint their glasses as to how tuning actually is a blizzard. So I don't think anytime you say that and people get mad, you're necessary. I mean, you could be wrong, but I don't think it's necessarily you're wrong. It's just like people regardless of how good tuning is, people will always have that reaction for that reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're also going to catch agro from like people that like to blame tuning for their own failures, which I'm not saying everybody who thinks is bad is one of those people. But you also get them right, You catch it both sides of the people that think the tuning that will be mad at you for that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's more common than it is not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I agree. I agree that tuning is quite good right now. I obviously there's always room for it to be better. You know, it's the we're not it's not perfect. I disagree that they shouldn't nerve dpsdks in our villainy. I'm sorry, buddy, I think I think there's okay, but how still have it be the tankiest madle gps?
Speaker 2: Sure? Sure, I mean I mean that part I can agree with, right, Like I can agree with that they should still be the tank US. I was just like wondering, like how much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't want them to do the major thing where it's like, oh, MAJE was the tankiest and now they're the squishiest, right and like everybody celebrates and you know, people are just there just.
Speaker 2: Like you know, the way I say it is like there's there's no way DK should ever not be the tank us, right, yeah, because they're hold whether it's like more that that's like a debate, but.
Speaker 1: But like it should wrap death statistics. It's some of the tanks, then the dpsdks, and then some of the other tanks and then like the rest of the field, which is a crazy spot. And that's like that's this year when DKs are less tanky than they used to be as well the previous years. It's even more interestingly, we've also got Shaman's up there, Ellie and Resto Shaman both joining the dkys and that kind of in the tank sandwich of the least dying. So wonder what's going on is Shaman super tanky somehow all three of their specs are like not dying very much.
Speaker 2: They're pretty beefy.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: So the point I was making though, is because Blizzard does such a good job at balancing the game, well balancing DPS, I should say, because they do such a good job at bouncing damage. Now we're now looking at all the character categories. We're looking at ray buffs, we're looking at utility, we're looking at survivability, and they've gutted a lot of the utility from a lot of spanks. So we points in the next thing, which is how survivable a class is. And it just feels like the game is getting so insanely homogenized to the point where you know, people just want every class to be as similar as possible.
Speaker 1: I think it's just this question of like, what are the acceptable things for your spec to be different than another spec on I think we all kind of agree that single target DPS isn't one of those things, right, It's just not acceptable for your spec to do ten percent more or less single target damage than other specs and have that be its identity, right. M plusers have been fighting for years to make aoedps also not one of those things right where it's like it just kind of used to be true that suspecs would do triple the aoedps of others, and that was kind of the way the game worked, and there's been a long fight to make it say no, no, no, that you can't be like that much better or worse at AoE than everybody else and have us not complain about it. And then the question is, like, is survivability those things right? Is survivability one of those things that is acceptable to be one of the things that differentiates specks from each other, or is it one of those things like damage where it's like, no, this makes you too much stronger to be you know this op at survivability compared to the other specs. I don't know. I I think it's one of those things where it's like, it doesn't have to be perfect balance between everything, but it it should be closer than it is right now, and it's probably better if like, it's probably better if they balance it. Aiming to bring DK like to the upper middle of the pack and then it's okay if it misses a little bit in either direction, but like we should try and have a tier where you know, the highest non take surrobility speck isn't a dpsdkspec for you know, or only by a very small amount, which guess right now it kind of is against these Shamans again, I don't know how. I don't know how the Shamans are living everything, and it's not not been the experience with the Shamans in my rate. I'll tell you what. That's a maybe it's not counting if they onc Maybe that's what's happening. I don't know, because Holy Priest has also got that because of their spirit thing. Yeah, anyway, we'll see, we'll see what they decide to do with it. They they've i mean, they've already nerved it once. It's definitely in a lot healthier of a state than it used to be. All Right, you guys wanna Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Was just say real quick too. I mean, I'm just I'm just hoping Blizzard doesn't do the thing where every class ends up becoming the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all I mean. I think they'd probably get some point. I mean, maybe they're not gonna nerve de gay defensiveness because they just haven't done it yet, So I mean maybe not.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing about this tier, they've found a way to have a couple of mechanics that you can Death's advance but you don't want to, which is neat. Like they've got this knock back on sizaaq where you you get like an arrow showing you where you're gonna get knocked, and then you need to get knocked into somebody getting knocked the other way, and if you just advanced it, you're not gonna get knocked and then they're gonna get knocked off the platform because they don't have a partner to run into. So I feel like that's I like that. I like that they they've got a couple of those this year where they've kind of clearly a lot about making it so that the immunes work but aren't correct to press cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, because like the only reason why I feel so strongly about this is because of specifically demons for sigils. Man, Like that shit feels so fucking bad. Yeah, allum, the fuck vengeance is even unique for nowadays?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the DH sigil thing, So they basically like deep u VDH was super op for a while, sigils were definitely part of it, but they were also just op on their own merits for other reasons, right, and then everybody was like most mad about the sigils. Uh. And then they nerve sigils like three times and they probably only use nerve from one and a half times something like that.
Speaker 2: So I would say, I mean, like, even if they reverted back to Legion state, it would be fine, like nobody complaining about it back in Legion or be.
Speaker 1: They also like the way the game works now, they would be less op, right because like it's you don't exactly like they've changed the way the game is on an underlying basis for m Plus, the sigils aren't as like they they aren't a huge part of the meta is overlaying your stops, your area stops like that. It would just be a nice thing to have. So yeah, I'm I'm on board of rebuffing vdahe sigils. All right, you guys want to do? You guys want to do Patreon question? This one comes from uh one comes from humble Bees. By the way, if you are a patron, make sure you're checking. We're starting to publish a weekly Patreon content once again, Frankye Fridays. I don't know if we're actually uploading them on Fridays, but the alliteration was too good for us to pass up, so they're Frankey Fridays regardless of when they release. But yeah, we have this one from humble Bees that says, do you think these easier seasons will cause issues for Wow in the long run if Blizzard sticks with them. I'm discussing with friends and guilties about how people feel like this season tanks have a disportionate amount of responsibility, and I'm the main issue is that since there are like ten plus free keys and another five ish or so keys where deeps or healers just have to orm average numbers and do mechanics kind of okay, all the low keys are judged by tank routing, and it makes it feel like that tanks do so much more. And yes, tanks are squish here than before right now, but not like so much more that they do more than any other season. Though I admit I main prop Paladin and it is disfortunately harder than my bear at the nineteen to twenty range where I'm at In harder seasons, if the lower keys are harder and the ramp is slower, then all three roles are struggling in learning in keys and low keys. Like in war Within season one, dps were fucking up boss mechanics and causing wipes, and plus fours healers were failing the heel checks in stone Vault and the dB I forget what dawn breaker that's that's the one that one is in plus eights and bricking keys. No one was hating on one roll because everyone had responsibilities that were run ending, Whereas right now, if all five players don't know what they're doing at a plus ten, the DPS and HPS is still fine and they just all rag on the tank for bad routing and polls. Do you agree or disagree? Do you like these easier seasons where an experienced player can sneeze and get three K? Do you think this design will hold up if it's like this all the time, or it is Blizzard intentionally doing easy seasons and then going back going to go back to harder seasons again, like when also Dragonfly season three.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is one hundred percent of thing right now, Like it's not even a question about it. In fact, it's been a pretty hot topic because of how easy keys have become, where people are just like completely clueless and you're seeing things that are that shouldn't be seen at key levels that you would not expect, If that makes any sense. Yeah, I remember seen key for example, and people are just completely clueless. Yeah, like all example.
Speaker 1: Remember when og first came out and everybody was like just these horror stories of these agivocres because they got because it was so easy to get high io as an augivocre and then you would just have these reports of like oggs with three KIO that didn't know like basic mechanics. Yeah. I agree that that's a problem. I disagree with the diagnosis. I don't think it's about like the overall ease of the keys. It's just if that difficulty lands in an imbalanced way upon the rolls, right, So it's like it's not because tens are easy, it's because Hanks have a relatively harder job than the other roles this season and healers to a lesser extent as well, And that is already something Blizzard is like taking a swing at fixing next season. I think it's almost always going to be in that direction. Like it's hard to imagine a season where tanking isn't one of the hardest roles. But again, narrowing that gap will make that less true. And I don't think that the question is like the success rate in plus tens or plus fives or plus fifteen's right, it's just a question of like how much does that success hinge on one role in particular versus everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I one thing that is definitely I don't think there's ever going to be a time in whow though where tanking isn't the hardest role by far and the reason why your keys are really hard, And I don't I mean, it'd be insane if Blizzard could find a way to change that, because I think it's like actually a pretty big problem. But it's just like kind of at this point, it like kind of just is what it is.
Speaker 1: You Know, there have been a couple of healer I don't want to say like healer seasons, but there have been seasons where there've been heer bosses, Right, you like zone into a Temples sitralis the first time, and it's like can my healer heal the third boss right or like hals.
Speaker 3: No cut offensive second boss a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah early exactly. Yeah, so there are some there happened, but they they've trended away from doing that. Like when quarter Stars came out, they basically like nuked the first boss or the last boss so that it wasn't a boss like that like it was back in Legion. So I think unless they did that again, and I don't for the record, I don't think the shou make healing harder. I think healing is also harder than DPS and it should be probably brought down towards DPS rather thanough towards tanks.
Speaker 2: I mean, how would you do that? Is well, I mean they've mentioned in their blue posts bats.
Speaker 1: They're doing it this season right or this coming season. They're they're trying to like just put in some damage downs and make DPS checks tighter, and those are I think a lot of the a lot of the responsibility there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like hard to say if those will exactly achieve that goal, because I mean it could just end up being like, oh well, tank just has to pull bigger, like you didn't pull big enough, or I mean you postle big and the healers just couldn't keep up, Like what's happening heler, Like why aren't you healing all this damage going on? Or like the poles is just living forever and you're running out of midigation or cool downs to heal the pack, and it's like it's hard to exactly fix the issue. But I will say, like the role thing aside, I do think it is eventually going to be a problem when you're mixed matching expectations m hm, because like the Wave Lizard has been designing a lot of the content recently, is like, you know, if they try to have a lot more easy or like forgiving content right like essentially doing plus tens right now is a complete joke compared to how it was in War offin season one, and that that's just like you know, a verir way of having players to be able to get into content and do it, get easy gear and just be able to like fail upwards sort of. I don't know if I necessarily agree with that direction. I feel like there needs to be some type of proving grounds type of situation. I'm not saying like, you know, if you need proving grounds, but like there needs to be a way to gauge players and for players to be like, all right, you know, like you gotta be able to get through this. You got to be able to like press your fucking cakes before you can advance.
Speaker 3: Is it? Yeah, there is going to be that every Like was it just that, like mechanics were more difficult in dungeons, so to even do low level ones you had to do them. But like, is this a product of them also making like things more visual in dungeons now and like there's kind of less going on per pack, But like, shouldn't there always theoretically be a level where Okay, players are now at keys and are not performing where you'd expect. It's just the level will raise if the keys are like easier, right, Like, the level will be higher. Or is it just that, like now that they're putting incentives for people actually to push past whatever, right like the new title or mount or whatever? It was like, is it just that you're seeing people that have never pushed high mythic plus try to push into higher mythic plus and therefore obviously there's some growing pains with that. Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it not that I think that's a large part of it. You're definitely right about that, but also like the fact that they're even up there is kind of crazy to begin with, Like you shouldn't expect to see these people in eighteen or twenties.
Speaker 1: That is something that people have been complaining about since n plus has come out. Rights, like the nubes in my key level that shouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: It's just gotten worse. Yeah, like it's always gonna be a thing, like there will always be nubes in your grooves, Like that's just how it is. But it's certainly gotten worse and I've certainly seen a lot more complaints about it. It's kind of like how like in Fellowship, you have a certain expectation before you advance a league, right, like you gotta be the high skill level. Yeah, you have to actually like be competent enough to be able to clear sith Thrill's fall against the Eternal.
Speaker 1: But there isn't really power without mentioning fellowships. So does.
Speaker 3: Fellowship has something that I think would maybe negatively impact Wow, which is that once you get to Eternal and Fellowship, what he's referring to is everything like all these mobs gained like literally every enemy gains a mechanic and bosses gain a mechanic, and I feel like that would actually wouldn't that make the problem you're referring to right now like infinitely worse. Like people get to this level they weren't at before, and then not only are they should they not be here, but also now they're all the bobs have mechanics they couldn't have possibly learned before, and now you're dealing with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it's also fine. Like I think it's fine to fail. It's just people are too afraid of failure.
Speaker 1: It's fine when I fail because I'm learning a mechanic and it's fun. But if somebody else in my group fails because they're learning the mechanic's like they're wasting my time being nubes in my key level and they presumably bought a boost from Max to get the IoT, you know, is polluting my my group finder experience. So that's that's my take on this one.
Speaker 3: I mean, just the premise of do you think easier seasons will cause issues a while on the long term? I would also think though that like, you know, like didn't people do record numbers of mythic plus this season? You know, so is it gonna hurt Wow, that just more people are interacting with keys and they happen to be slightly easier. I think just the volume is actually a plus, honestly, because I think if you look at the opposite way, where you make stuff way harder, I think less people interact with it, and people are not getting better at the game because they're spending less time doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've actually heard um TV talk about this, Like I remember talking about this with THEILM and he said something along the lines of like wild numbers are up right now when it's obviously great that a lot of people are engaging with this. Is this sustainable and is this gonna happen in the long term? Is the goals not just going to move where it's like, oh well, I mean.
Speaker 1: It's to get easier every season. Yeah, a card game, right where you know each set needs to be stronger than the last one to keep the the ramp going in the right direction.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, like we said before, with card games, there is never a perfect thing, Like you could create the perfect version of the game and it would have to change because things can't stay the same. So like, maybe it's just like goes in a cycle. Bro, Maybe we just get affixes again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, bring back keys depleting no resilient keys, h affixes, seasonal affixes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the little Throwbacks is coming back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Classic, Classical Legion M plus. That's a dude. I'm excited. I'm excited to see where they go with where they go with Classic. I bet we'll find out. I was gone, what the what the vibe is going to be? I don't know. I have you guys been following the like League Classic uh saga, it's it. People have been comparing it more to like Season of Discovery, Yeah, where it's like it's like launching, but it's not really a version of the game that ever existed. It's it's like kind of Classic inspired Classic, you know, reminiscent, but it's like a set of champions that are kind of durated to feel like classic rather than a specific timestamp. And yeah, like some mechanics are the old ones and some mechanics are the new ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like they're trying to do the Yeah, Blizzard went with the like full, let's do Classic, well not full because like I guess they they chose a like later balance patch in the expansion to be the balance for or whatever. Yeah, so there was like some stuff with that, but uh yeah, I don't know I could They're they were like, well, we did make a lot of good decisions from then until now. We could apply a few of those and maybe have this be more curated. But the problem is is that directly contradicts like nostalgia right, Like a lot of times people aren't necessarily looking to go back and play like the best game ever. They want to play the game they played when they were a kid and really happy, so like they may not like things being different at all, even if they have like good thought behind it.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty disappointed by the Classic League, even though, like I now I know how the Classic andies feel because as someone who played the shit out of Old League back in like twenty eleven twenty tive, it's definitely I mean, I'll probably wasn't planning on playing it anyways, because I'm not really feeling the league in my life, but the idea of it being there would have been really fucking cool too, possibly entertained.
Speaker 1: I have, like, I have very little interested in playing Classic League either. One thing I do like about it is they're kind of doing that like old school RuneScape thing where they're going to do community votes on stuff and take the input that way, which I do. I do think that's a good way to make it so that even if you kind of initially land in a place that people don't like, at least the people that like stick with it and are excited about it will probably be happy about like the continued direction if you keep doing stuffy by votes and things. So yeah, I don't know. I'm watching with interest, but also not that much interest. They've been pushing all these like show matches and stuff that I just don't have too much interest in watching. You know, the league bros from ten years ago played Classic League against each other. As somebody who watches like a lot of Modern League whenever it's.
Speaker 3: I totally get that. It's just nostalgia, bab bro, Like they're just they're trying to advertise their things so they can make money, and they are, Yeah, they were, like, dude, you remember when you watched like Double Lift and Wild Turtle And I'm just thinking of random game venue from back then, play league, like holy fuck, that's happening again. And then and and maybe you will go on and you're excited. I get it. That's smart marketing. Honestly, I bet people like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just me personally, doesn't hit me, but I agree. It's like I I get why they're doing it, and I bet it works anyway. That's kind of all the stuff plus the plus and bonus that I hadn't thought of for us talk about this week either. You guys got any other topics, but.
Speaker 3: Uh, I got one. Uh. I'm going to my uh my nephew's graduation. He's graduating high school or has graduated high school, and I'm going to his party, uh, flying there tomorrow. What do you like? What is a graduation gift? You know, what's the what's the what's the vibe with that? Have you guys ever interacted with that?
Speaker 1: A Crisp one hundred dollars bill?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That, I mean that makes the most sense to me. That's an easy thing. I just don't know if you're supposed to like get all creative and ship Actually no, Nah, you're totally right. Like, if you're an eighteen year old, what do you want more than anything else? Bro A fucking nice CRISP one hundred dollars bill would kind of go insane. That's like, that's about it worth your a year.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: One hundred bucks is nothing nowadays, man, Like back in back when I was eighteen, get a hundred bucks, Holy fuck, I we didn't see. But like nowadays, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean it still buys you roughly the same amount of video game that that bought you back in the day.
Speaker 2: Like they've gotten to like get a physical copy anymore.
Speaker 3: Like that's the one thing that I wonder if it is ever going to affect the video game industry that like, basically games used to be sixty dollars. Now they're still mostly sixty dollars triple A releases, but they also like are sometimes like seventy or eighty or whatever. But the cost of creating those games has tripled. And I don't really know how that makes sense, Like how how they still make.
Speaker 2: The amount of gamers is significantly higher. I remember reading somewhere about there's like twenty times more gamers, maybe even more. I don't remember exactly how much. Oh yeah, maybe it's that there are significantly more gamers.
Speaker 3: How many copies of Grand Theft Auto six do you think are going to sell?
Speaker 2: Oh, dude, probably like a billion or something.
Speaker 3: Bro, They're not going to sell a billion copies of that game, that would be do didn't you imagine if one at a.
Speaker 1: The game, Holy, how many GTA five copies sold?
Speaker 2: Okay, read it some crazy amount.
Speaker 1: Like okay, in the low hundreds of millions, and that's over like long years, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but build that hype.
Speaker 3: And I mean it's going it's going to be the highest selling game of all time.
Speaker 1: Maybe one hundred billion a month or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Basically, I don't think there's a number. If like, okay, if I fast forward in time, it's a month after it came out and I read an article that's like, it's sold this many copies, I don't know if there's a number, or if there is a number, that would surprise me. It's really really high, right, A billion would be kind of fucking there's holy half billion, half I mean even half a billion.
Speaker 1: That in one every one person who ever bought g T A five, two people are going to buy GTA six.
Speaker 2: That's fucking I mean that that usually happens with a crazy amount of additional people decide to play any series, especially with like how much hype it's built up.
Speaker 3: What's the lure behind that? Is it not launching with uh with online? Is that the is that? What I remember reading.
Speaker 2: Something about having to buy extra for something that on the own.
Speaker 1: There was something about the like I saw a meme that was like how the shopkeepers look at you and GTA six if you didn't buy the Ultra Premium edition, then there's like some yeah, the content that's gated behind that. I don't know if that was just speculation or if that's been announced.
Speaker 2: Actually, I guess that would deter a ton of people from actually playing, So I take that.
Speaker 3: I think that you think so, But like I think they're being really frugal and they want people to buy the Giga Ultimate Edition because they think people will, you know, like you can get mad at them and be like like, yo, fuck you guys for doing this, but just like you're gonna buy it, So like how much can you really blame them for it? They're they're offering a price that people are willing to pay. It makes sense.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's actually so insane though, Like every time they release the new trailer or some shit, they get an absurd amount of views within like twelve hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's gonna go crazy when it when it comes out. I like every other game is moving to avoid releasing anything.
Speaker 2: Every game is releasing September.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's gonna be What other game do you think would be that massive in the gaming industry?
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't think.
Speaker 3: I think I think like the successor to elden Ring, I think might also be Like I think it's a more hardcore gamer maybe than like I think gtaight just has like such wide appeal that I mean, it's probably just gonna always be the most best selling game of all time, probably if they.
Speaker 1: Hadn't released a Maddens It's like twenty twelve Madden twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like that's just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like cod like no one really gives a shit, Like it's just yeah, yeah, It's like it's like a new iPhone, Like wow.
Speaker 3: Like I don't think I know a single person that won't play GTA six.
Speaker 2: Like crazy, I like kind of don't really give a shit about GTA six.
Speaker 3: Br I think it's gonna be so insane.
Speaker 2: I never really fully played GTAs, Like I've played Vice City and San Andreas, but like I kind of just fucked around on when never actually like played them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like just drive around.
Speaker 3: You know, I think like a lot of decent amount of people are just gonna buy it just to drink beers on their couch and just like run someone over with a car and be like and then drink their beer and keep going. You know, like I don't even know what that deep. I mean, obviously there's a lot of like story, andyes, I bet the story is good. They've spent a million years on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. Like I think I played through most of the story at GTA five and I remember enjoying it, but I also don't remember what happened.
Speaker 3: So yeah. Also, I think another thing is like they seem to be pitching like ground baking breaking graphics. Like it's like, you know, you're gonna like see a game that's never looked quite like this. But also personally, I'm someone that that that doesn't affect me at all. I have like a bulletproof shield against like graphics ever mattering. It's like, basically it's capped out somewhere in the mid twenty tens to where every game just looks good enough and that's fine, and how much farther it goes past that has Maybe this will change that but no game has ever made me feel that way. I've never been like, holy fuck, it's just like game play.
Speaker 1: Oh I got the sweatdrops glistening off of this characters.
Speaker 2: Well I feel that that's probably more true nowadays too, because like I'll think about, like, you know, like kids they play shit like fucking Fortnite in Minecraft and all that. That's what they grew up on. Like, I don't think kids give a shit about graphics. I think for us, when we were growing up, it was kind of like we were seeing the evolution of graphics and it was really fucking cool, right, Like we went from like you know, like Half Life two and then like when Drop like that was creazy. Yeah, holy shit, Yeah I was a big one, and then like you know, eventually we got like cyberpunk and stuff, and it was fucking crazy seeing that evolution. But like for a lot of these kids, they kind of take it for granted. And I don't know how much the newer audience, the newer generation gives a shit about graphics in video games.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, you did mention one thing where it's like, okay, well they're used to like Fortnite and stuff like that. Have you noticed that like most like popular mobile games also end up doing the like really bubbly animation Fortnite thing. Yeah, it's actually funny because the like that entire generation, which is also the generation that loves mobile games, they are just used to that. Like maybe they didn't grow up in the era like when we were growing up, uh, we games were like trying to look more realistic, and if you remember those games, initially they did not look realistic at all, and we were inching closer and closer that and that was really cool. But these a lot of these dudes have been born since, like games have kind of just been looking really good since they were born, and that probably doesn't interest them as much the like road to realism like we went through. I think. I think it's more like they're they're okay in like the video game cartoony world, because you know, they weren't a part of that road, I think, and that they won't That's why all those apps look like that, because they literally prefer that they won't play the game that looks like the old school Diablo too looking as shit that like we would look at and be like, oh, this is nice, you know, because we're used to it. You grew up with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fucking boomer beat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I will say I'm a little worried about Elder Scroll six. It's uh, I don't know, as somebody who loves that that franchise. You guys brought it up earlier. I think like Starfield sucked. Fall Out four I think was worse than Fallouts three in New Vegas and stuff. Fall Out seventy six was h was weird. I don't know, I'm a little worried about Elder Scroll six. I think that one it's got a lot of the expectations on it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I ever played a game in this universe, what is what? What is another Elder Scrolls game?
Speaker 1: Is that like Skyrim, Skyries, Skyriman Oblivion and more Wind where the the last three in the series. Yeah, the ones that came out while I was alive. Yeah, it's like the you know, like first person or third person RPG where you've got like combat but it's not it's not hard combat really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah exactly, that's probably why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, you know, like it's like branching ways that you can you kind of have your character that you know, maybe you're a mage, or you make yourself like a stealth archer, or you make yourself like a warrior. You make yourself a stealth archer. I make myself a stealth archer invariably every playthrough because it's like the best. But uh, you'll then you like, you know, you kind of decide like how you're gonna deal with all these that you have these like, oh, I've got all my little skills, I got my lock picking, I got my speech, I got my various and you put your points in different ones and then it's like a lot of quests can be solved with different combinations of those or you know, brute force, and you can side with the blue guys or the red guys. And then oh, you do your second play through and you side with the other guys and you see what the story is like if you do that right, and that it's very much not Yeah, I think you would get almost nothing out of it. So even if Elders Girl six is good, I bet you wouldn't like it. But I probably like Starfield was the most recent like triple A big release game, and everybody's kind of just memory hold it because it just sucked. It was like not good combat and also not good story, and like the procedurally generated worlds were all super bland and boring and empty.
Speaker 2: So I have heard Starfield is really solid now, I mean i've.
Speaker 1: Seen been updating it, but I have I heard that it was still bad. I do want to play it at some point if it is good, though, Dude, I.
Speaker 3: Have a I have a dilemma with Starfield, where like, it seems like the perfect game to play on my couch with my dogs. My girlfriend's like working on a puzzle on the other side of the room, and I'm just like just slamming it and not really caring. But the only problem is, if you've ever played any kind of FPS with a house, shooting with a controller is like unholy, sacrilegious and terrible. So I just don't want to do that. But I also don't want to be in my room on my computer playing Starfield because that doesn't fit the vibe and those two things just don't mix, and it bothers me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I play God as a on console.
Speaker 3: I would never play an FPS with a controller. No, I'm no, I'm a follower of the Lord.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean that's pretty base, but that's kind of crazy easy, dude.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've played a FBS on a controller. Yeah, I played ARPGs and stuff.
Speaker 2: On no CODs. You guys have played cod back in like.
Speaker 1: I just played on my computer. Mess. I mean I used to, like back in twenty thirteen or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: On the controller. But I don't think I could go back.
Speaker 3: Dude, playing FPS games on a controller disgusts me.
Speaker 2: Like, actually, I agree, but like figure you guys would have some experience with a leet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I have in my lifetime. I have, But I also no, actually that's not true when I've heard it.
Speaker 3: Got we When I got the Nintendo Wii I as a kid, I got Call of Duty World at War? Maybe is that a Is that a game?
Speaker 1: Sounds like it?
Speaker 3: I have like a black and white yeah, bro, yeah I had that. I got that on the Nintendo Wii, and I don't even really remember how that worked. I don't know if I was like swinging my little sword at whatever or pointing my ship at the screen.
Speaker 1: Beast. All right, that's it for the potyc That's it for the Pottycy this week. That's all that we have. We'll be back next week for more bodies. Audios Adios,