Speaker 1: An exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talking. It's Bobblehead Day at Dodgers Stadium and it's Will Smith's final out from the World Series Bobblehead and Will has the day off, so he was so eager to speak to us today before first pitch. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got it, very very eager to be here for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean I felt like this was a perfect day. I knew you would be able to have a lot of time to take that victory lap on Bibblehead Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I guess.
Speaker 1: You're like, hey, Dave, can Dalton rushing catch the night? Corbin Burns is pitching and I got my Bobblehead night that night as well.
Speaker 2: Is that how the conversation went? Is that where you think it's going. You think I'm Duck and corbman or something.
Speaker 1: You don't have Burns, idis, I would never think you have anybody Idis.
Speaker 2: No, definitely not nos. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let Dalton get in there, maybe get his first home at to night, that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I hope we get a win. What's it been like so far?
Speaker 1: You used to be the student and now you're the Jedi master as far as Catchers go.
Speaker 2: Oh man, No, it's been good. It's been good.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, a lot of conversation with Dalton, helping him out, try to figure things, figure some things out, help you know, learn the pictures, you know, speed track all of that, and yeah, he's just he's got to get comfortable here. He's got to get his routine, you know, figure out what works with him, and then just just be back there in the box.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Uh, guy in the pictures gain experience is gonna come with time. He's going to mess up, but you know I'm there to kind of help him along, make sure he knows it's okay, learn from it and move on.
Speaker 2: Just don't make the same stake twice.
Speaker 1: Basically, from the outside looking in, it seems like he is really willing to put in the work and really cares about the game planning with the pictures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's he's always been a hard worker. We obviously went to the same college and stuff. I know him a little bit from then. You can see his work ethic. He's he's got that down. But yeah, he's he's really trying to learn him he's really you know, picking my brain on different guys. I know we talked about dmag a little bit for tonight, so yeah, yeah, just trying to you know, he's trying to learn, he's trying to, you know, do a really good job back there, and you know, serve the pictures.
Speaker 1: You guys have two different personalities. You kind of keep your toughness, your emotions in check. He seems to wear his emotions on his sleeve. Is that something that can be sustainable in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's that's who he is.
Speaker 3: So as long as he you know, stays who he is, doesn't, you know, let it affect teammates and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with getting getting mad and frustrated and any of that. I think, you know, you got to be yourself out there. It's hard enough game and then trying to be someone you're not, it's that's too hard to do. So, you know, hopefully it feels comfortable to himself. That's what you know, us his teammates have got to, you know, get him or anybody else, you know, just come from the clubhouse being in who we are.
Speaker 2: Will Smith is our guest.
Speaker 1: It is Bobblehead Nights, celebrating the World Series Championship for the Dodgers. And I'm not sure if you caught this last night in Boston, your battery mate in Game five of the World Series got ejected Walker Bueller. I'm sure you've seen that type of emotion from him before. Andy Pa has excused us. We're doing a nice interview here. What'd you think about Bueller last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe one too many f bombs. I've seen him. I've seen him.
Speaker 3: Drop a couple out there at impires and stuff, but he probably went went too far yesterday. But you know that's who he is, COMPETITORI he's fiery, obviously one of those couple of calls. So yeah, it's it's funny to laugh at.
Speaker 1: How about Lindor, he's still keeping the receipts from last year's NLCS, trying to egg the umpire on to throw him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's part of it. I don't know. I got no comment on that part.
Speaker 1: You don't have to have any comment. You got the World Series ring. Thanks a lot for the time, will and we'll see you on the road trip. Actually I won't, but other people will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be we'll be out there grinding in New York and Cleveland.
Speaker 1: You'll be at home, you know, Yeah, I'll be I'll be working from the air conditioned Burbank studio while you're in New York.
Speaker 2: There you go.