Speaker 1: The sun is shining out a cloud in the sky.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside.
Speaker 1: Some people.
Speaker 3: On some skis, but we.
Speaker 2: Would rather sit on down and talk some movies. We're the Avid Indoorsmen. Come listen to our show. We're the evid Indoorsmen at home on the go. We're the Avid Indoorsmen. We hope you love it, so come on in and stay. We'll do our best to make you smile.
Speaker 1: Indors, what is happening? I'm Rob Lundquist and I'm you, and we are the Avid Indoorsman.
Speaker 3: Hello everyonello, and we're just gonna get this out of the way real quick. We screwed up, guys, we made a mistake. It's not super gonna affect you. But we asked our friend Nate Stone to be here. Let's all say hi to him real quick. Hi buddy, Hi, n Hello, how are you doing? Pal?
Speaker 4: I am swell, I am swell. You are swell your guy's faces.
Speaker 3: You're also, as it turns out, a man who has a better memory than both of us. Because we were going to do all of the Back to the Future movies over this month.
Speaker 1: Very excited about it.
Speaker 3: Niate kept being like, I swear we've talked about some of this stuff before, and Rob and I ignored him wholesale, and.
Speaker 1: He's like, dude, we've talked about Christopher Lloyd. We talked to I don't I don't understand because that was gonna be our top five draft.
Speaker 5: Twas twas oh, I mean and when bugs he guess led me a little bit because he was like, well, dude, when you're on it, you probably have that crossover because yes, movies that you're on for and and then I was like, no, he's probably right.
Speaker 3: Which I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to mislead you. I just didn't remember at all.
Speaker 1: Well then, but yeah, Nate then sends us a text. He's like, I'm not crazy. He screenshoted our post from July second, twenty twenty, where we had posted that we did Back to the Future. It was our sixty sixth episode, Wow, and Bukes and I had no recollection of it whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Now, Also, in our defense, that was nearly If that was sixty six, that was probably two hundred episodes ago at the very least, so now stuff and who were twenty twenty it came and it went who knows what happened.
Speaker 5: I'll give you guys a little grace, but it does appear to me that you really don't care about who's on the podcast and what you guys do.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 3: I came up with the whole intro for you. I was gonna be like, you know, roads, where we're going, we do need roads, Nate Roadstone, which is probably something I said last time.
Speaker 4: That is one of the That is one of the things.
Speaker 5: As I was going through my show notes, I was like, Oh, I should go find my tank top.
Speaker 4: And then I did that record right.
Speaker 5: Oh man, it was like back to the future. It was like I thought, and it really is.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna go We're gonna give you guys an insight. We're going to go back to the future once again. We're just going to re release that episode because I mean, honestly, once we knew it was less work, we were also very on board.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, dude, I watched that movie and I thought to myself, man, I really haven't seen this in a long time. No, if it was five years ago, it was for the thirty fifth anniversary, and we chatted about it and I just feel so silly.
Speaker 3: I probably said out loud to my mom, like, oh, I wonder the last time I actually watched this was Boy, it's probably been a long time, dude.
Speaker 1: And it's so funny because one of my hot takes was like, this is like an iconic film. I can't believe it's taken us this long to talk about that.
Speaker 3: I almost wish we were recorded the whole thing before realizing, because boy, the dumb stuff we would have been.
Speaker 5: Oh man, we could have compared.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm sure some of my notes are different.
Speaker 1: If we If we would not have had you on for this episode, Bukes and I would have recorded as with someone else and had no idea that we had done that until somebody would probably point it out later.
Speaker 3: Are we one hundred percent sure we didn't do the other two?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, the first one.
Speaker 5: The one thing I remember is when people when you guys, are like they're a sleepwall.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right, terrible impression.
Speaker 3: That always sounds like that. I mean that was obviously all right.
Speaker 4: I think my mic is being robotic again.
Speaker 3: No, oh, no flattering impression of rob.
Speaker 4: I to do rob though, because.
Speaker 1: Oh you've attempted to do rob you have? And I said no, every night.
Speaker 3: He would just scroll up to that bunk and just try to roll in from the ground. Yours always on the ground, Rob, It still is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And for a lot of times that I was right above him, could just reach my hand down and say.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey buddy, nice sleep tight buddy. So yeah, this is very silly. And Nate, thanks so much for for bringing this to our attention. Yeah, you saved the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, anything to do less work, I'm in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although he doesn't feel that way in his professional life, that's true. And if you do need roads, go to Roads LLC. You can contact him by calling six one two two three four eighteen sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And he does you just doing all the kinds of projects right from a few hours up to like three days. And then only if it's not a yunchy project.
Speaker 5: If they're in a project that you have and you're like, oh, contractor is never going to come out and do this project, I'm probably the person to call. If it's not something I can do, I probably can point you in the right direction. But I also don't do roofs anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm getting old.
Speaker 1: Good for you, dude, And.
Speaker 4: I canceled my insurance and I'll for doing that.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, I'm good, I'd.
Speaker 3: Rather just not do that.
Speaker 4: He said, good for you, man, there's enough on the ground work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've used Nate Services quite a few times. He also tunes pianos, and I need him to do that. What were you saying, youtune pianos? What else do you do?
Speaker 5: I do not tune a fish nice nice.
Speaker 1: Off air.
Speaker 3: He will tune an autoharp if I ever actually schedule a time with him. So there's that too.
Speaker 4: You're in Roseville still, right, Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, I so I have like five clients over there and I'm Roosevelt probably once every other week, so I feel like we need to actually try to connect.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's do some lunch or some dinner. Best hug, A lingering hug would work as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or maybe we can go to Target.
Speaker 3: We can that's the original target over there?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, is that the first one?
Speaker 3: That's story number one over there?
Speaker 1: Wow? You guys could even watch Back to the Future and talk about you've never seen it before in last week?
Speaker 3: Do this for the pod, We'll say for again. Ah, Well, I feel like should we do our plugs too? Here? I'm all out of sorts now, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah?
Speaker 3: Or do we want to talk about anything else before we let it go?
Speaker 1: Nope, No we don't. But I didn't think about that. Okay, let's let's do it. Plugs Nate, you want to hear about where people can hang out with us?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nice, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: We're still on Twitter dot com slash the Avid Inendorsman with a Z. I can go to Facebook dot com, you can go to Instagram, TikTok, Blue Sky. We're at the Avid Endorsman at all of those places. Please stop, buy and hang out. But if you really want to hang out and be part of the crew of the spot.
Speaker 1: To go Patreon dot com slash the Avid Indoorsment. It's a great time on Patreon. We love our patrons. We give them lots of perks. One of those is getting a shout out here. So let's give it up for Marsha Grisiac, Mary Fox, Nanette Walkley, Johan Brostaid deb Olk and Noel Flores. You guys are wonderful patronage and we give them a lot of other perks. We usually give them an extended version of every episode that we put out. It's usually a top five draft that pertains to the movie we're talking about. And for this one, what we did it, we did it already.
Speaker 3: It's top five time travel films right.
Speaker 1: Well, it just says, yes, we did our top five time travel films with Tripo. It really makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Also hilarious because we were like, well, we can't do time travel films. We've done that before and I never did that. I should really start marking what we do them for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's smart.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna do it though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Check us out on Patreon, you guys, it's super fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, check it out. Also, you should go to timfosmusic dot com, slash the Oregon. I don't know if it's slash, but find the Oregon. Get a information there if you want to come out. I just realized we're getting close to that time. Yeah, and the Avid endorsement will be there. No promises on what we're doing yet, but it's something cool, so it'll be a good time. And if you're looking to do that, probably have to do it soon, I would think, So check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, timfosmusic dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you drop our name, they won't give you anything off, but it'll be pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they might argue more.
Speaker 3: They might say that to people that's ten dollars extra.
Speaker 1: Ohsh but thanks so much, Nate. You're a good man and thorough.
Speaker 3: And oh I was gonna say that nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you and yeah, we just we would still be recording this episode if for them.
Speaker 3: For you, so yeah, you saved us truly.
Speaker 1: Thank you, And now listeners enjoy this episode from five years ago, the thirty fifth anniversary of Back to the Future.
Speaker 3: The Sun in the Sky.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside some peoples, but we would rather sit on down and talk some movies. We're the Avid Indoorsmen. Come listen to our show. We're the Avid Indoorsmen at home are on the go where the Avid Indoorsmen.
Speaker 1: We hope you love, so come on in and stay. We'll do our best to thank you. Smile indoors man, What is happening? I'm Rob Lundquiz and I'm Books and we are the Avid Indoorsmen. Oh buddy, how you doing, Bud?
Speaker 3: You know I'm doing pretty well. How are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm doing really well. I'm excited that we are going to be doing Back to the Future. It's the thirty fifth anniversary.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: But what I'm really excited about is that this is gonna release on July second, and the actual date that it came out was July third. It's like, we know what we're doing.
Speaker 3: We like we planned it, yeah, sort of, and then forgot and then realized and then we were like, wow, we're smart. Right.
Speaker 1: I was pretty stoked that we're doing this, like for real, So.
Speaker 3: Me too, man, so happy pre fourth of July everybody?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely. Do you have any fun plans.
Speaker 3: For the fourth I don't really know yet full disclosure, This is like a week before the fourth right now, and I haven't planned a head that far. I'll probably go to my brother's place, I would guess. Sure. It's gonna be a weird year for Fourth of July, so I feel like usually it's like the big time in the summer where everybody gets together. But obviously we're well I shouldn't say obviously, I'm continuing to not really do that. The rest of the world has made other choices, and good luck to all of us, I guess. But yeah, so I'm probably gonna go hang out with him and the fam up there. I guess. So that's cool, you know, celebrate independence, social distance style. I guess sure. Yeah, how about you? What do you got planned?
Speaker 1: Our plans kind of fell through. We were going to go up north to to Kelsey's folks, but then they ended up getting some more people involved and we kind of decided to stay away from that. But yeah, just probably just going to be staying at home, having my dog freak out while the fireworks go off, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of fireworks going on around the nation, right, yeah, there already start talking about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's my dog gets so scared, like even just the thunderstorms and stuff we have going on. Sure, So yeah, Penny is not a fan of the Fourth Well.
Speaker 3: I hope it's easy on her somehow.
Speaker 1: Me too, But we'll see. What was what was the last movie you watched, buddy?
Speaker 3: So just I guess it was a week ago already, but I went over to our buddy Dave's house and we watched The King of Staten Island.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Pete Davidson.
Speaker 3: Pete Davidson and jud Appatow film.
Speaker 1: Yes, tell me all about it. I'm excited, man.
Speaker 3: It was it was interesting, It was funny because we both liked it, and then afterward we were kind of talking about it like you do, and I was just like, yeah, I did like it. I had fun while watching it, but then it was like, the more I think about it, the more like muddled it is though. So it's not like an amazing movie, but it is really fun. He's very charismatic, as I'm sure everybody knows. The story is pretty intense at parts, and I didn't know before, but it's a true or at least based on his true life story.
Speaker 1: So does it talk about his dad dying in nine to eleven?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's like a big plot point and stuff, not specifically nine to eleven, but it talks about his dad who was a firefighter and stuff like that. Yeah. Yeah, and it's you know, it's it's great man Mursa Tilma is in it. She's amazing, she's his mom. She's just always so good, I feel like. And then Bill Burr's in it, and he's a great actor. I feel like we've learned that a few times now, but it still kind of surprises me every time.
Speaker 1: He was just a mandalorian for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really good in that, I thought too. Yeah, so, but yeah, it was. It was fun man. I had a good time with it. I wouldn't like go in, you know, thinking it's going to be a masterpiece by any means. But it was really fun and it was fun to see a movie because we, like, I went over there and we rented it, you know, on demand, so it was like a new movie right when it came out. That was kind of fun to get that vibe back. And yeah, yeah, definitely worth checking out for sure.
Speaker 1: Is it the classic Apatow half hour too long?
Speaker 3: Not at all. No, this is the least Appatow feeling movie I've seen of his collection. Yeah. And I don't say that deridingly because I really like his movies too. But what you're saying, yeah it is. Maybe it's shades of a little bit too long, but it's uh yeah, I don't know. I don't want to disparage it. It was just like, after thinking about it, I was like, yeah, I wonder it left me with more questions than answers. Maybe it's the right the right way to say it, but uh sure, not in a bad way, I guess. So I had fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very cool man.
Speaker 3: How about you? What? Uh, what's the last movie you watched, bud Well.
Speaker 1: The very first thing that I watched on HBO Max when we got it was the new Hugh Jackman Allison Janny film Bad Education.
Speaker 3: Oh, how is that? I've been meaning to check it out.
Speaker 1: It's solid, man, It's uh. It's a true story of a New York private school superintendent. Oh and he embezzles a ton of money from the school.
Speaker 3: And that sounds about right.
Speaker 1: It's kind of just kind of dealing with that, and it's been are that it's a true story and all of that craziness. But sure, the acting performances are what are really impressive in this film. For sure.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: I think we're probably gonna see Hugh Jackman nominated, maybe Alison Janny as well.
Speaker 3: Oh no kidding, really yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be I mean I wouldn't be surprised now.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love both of them a ton, So I get it.
Speaker 1: And we're we're way early on that, so you know, there could be one hundred other movies that come out that are way more intense, but like, right now, it's for sure what I would put on the top of the list.
Speaker 3: Did you see that they extended the window as well for the Academy Awards.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it goes I think up to or somewhere around February. It goes through January anyway, Okay, cool, and then they're gonna have sort of like a like a pre populated list of like movies that have been out for a while that they think are going to be on the short list then, but you can still kind of sneak in later, I guess. So, Okay, that'll be interesting and we can break that down if we ever are curious about it. But sure, that's how they made some stuff. And they have a date set in it's either April or May, so that's even pushed back a little bit.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, it's usually in February.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's what I thought. So, but they're planning and so maybe they think they can actually get people together at that point, so that'd be sweet.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, if these theaters don't start making people require masks, I'm I'm not gonna be going.
Speaker 3: AMC decided the day after they said they wouldn't that they will. So that's cool, step in the right direction.
Speaker 1: At least I got to look and see what Marcus does, because that's the closest one to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, and it's just gonna be. It's like everything else. You know, if someone wants to be a buttthead and not wear it, they can just decide not to do it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, but I hear you. It'll be interesting to see what actually goes down with all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. But I would totally recommend seeing Bad Education just to see some pretty awesome acting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll definitely do that. That sounds great. What have you? Oh? Dude? So great?
Speaker 1: Well, and h Ray Romano showed up again. We were just talking to him. He's the best and he's really good in it, Dude.
Speaker 3: In a dramatic role, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Just yeah. I mean he's kind of the levity that, you know, it gets a little lighter, but he's still pretty dramatic. And yeah, man, he really can.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: What have you been streaming though?
Speaker 3: Uh? So also on HBO Max. I've been really going after HBO Max just because they got so much stuff I watched. I believe you also really love this film. I know I do. It's just it was I just love Tom Hanks and his brain. So I watched that thing. You do. Oh yeah, yeah, because it's so fun. Should be required viewing for anyone in a band or that ever thinks about being in a band.
Speaker 1: Totally. I feel bad that our guest isn't here because I know he loves I know, I know.
Speaker 3: He loves it. Yeah, I'll have to mention it to him that I just saw it or whatever. But yeah, just if anyone hasn't seen that movie, please go watch it. It's so much fun. Uh. Tom Hanks wrote and directed it, I believe as well.
Speaker 1: Right, I think, Yeah, that was his first Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh, just great. You get to see Colin Hanks makes an appearance. Yeah, he's one of the astronauts when they go on the Late Show. There's also just a ton of other people that make like little snippet appearances. It's really fun.
Speaker 1: I remember Kevin has a little yes bit where he like he's one of the mcs at a show or something.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly. Yeah, and it's it's just so fun and it makes me think about all the like State Fair shows I've done and you no doubt have done. Yeah, but yeah, they're just fun. Man. It's just a fun movie. It's a good time. It is. Yeah, how about you. What have you been streaming?
Speaker 1: We checked out the Dave Chappelle Mark Twain Prize special. He got the Mark Twain Award.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 1: So it's you know, it's them at Kennedy Center and stuff. But Kelsey and We've been loving everything to Chappelle puts out. And I was actually able to see him live in Amsterdam with Adam Rupp. That's awesome, kind of before the whole world fell apart. It was like, right, it seems like a life well and you know, I was in a giant arena with you know, twenty thousand people and weird. But yeah, this thing was really cool, like the I've seen some of the other Mark Twain like award shows and stuff, and this one was a lot cooler because it it it went back like into Dave's history and like showed old performances of his stand up and it showed me, you know, clips from the Chappelle Show and all that stuff, and then it would go back to like the award show where they'd have you know, different celebrities talking about him, and it was just really cool how they did it. And they also the night before he was supposed to get the award they went to the comedy club where he started in d C. And he like did a set there and so that set too, and it was fun. Man, Like, that's really he's just a genius and it was fun. Here.
Speaker 3: Where did you stream it?
Speaker 1: It's on Netflix?
Speaker 3: Oh lovely, Okay, cool. I have to check that out for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got so many things out just within the last two years.
Speaker 3: I know. I actually was like, oh, is this the thing that he did in Ohio recently?
Speaker 1: No, I watched that too.
Speaker 3: I did too, and that was great.
Speaker 1: I just saw that on Instagram.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I watched that on YouTube. I think I don't even know if it's on like actual special. Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, but yeah, this is way funnier than what he did there. Yeah, but I would totally check that out. It was it was really fun.
Speaker 3: Nice. I will have to do that. I really do like him a lot, so man, nice, that's great.
Speaker 1: What have you been eating anything anything? Super fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I went a little a little crazy the other day and I got Jets pizza. Have you ever had Jets pizza?
Speaker 1: I have had Jets pizza. It's been a while, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Very good. Detroit style which I super like. I'm finding out.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that we actually had them here.
Speaker 3: There's a few. So there's actually one that's pretty new near my house, which is really gonna be tough for me, but you know, we're gonna try our best. And yeah, there's just a few around the Twin Cities are.
Speaker 1: I've only had them on the road, like we've been shows and stuff.
Speaker 3: Good pizza, you know, it's kind of at least I've only got the like deep dish there with the nice crusty outside where they put the cheese in cast iron pan and stuff. It's sure, it's really good. And I had a nice little pie with the what do we have? We had sausage and onion and some banana peppers. It was very tasty.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I haven't had banana peppers in forever.
Speaker 3: That's oh yeah, they're really good, man, They're zesty, and I like them.
Speaker 1: I pretty much would only get those on subway sandwiches, and I have been I haven't been to a subway in like five years.
Speaker 3: I mean, because why would you really?
Speaker 1: Right, we were on a subway kick for a while.
Speaker 3: Dude, when I used to love subway, when we were to be honest, if they if they want to support us in any way, I'm happy to eat it every day in my life. Oh for sure. Yeah they could. We could do quite a before and after. Maybe that's what I've been training for all these years. But yeah, So Jet's pizza really tasty stuff. If you have one around, you go check it out.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: How about you, buddy, What's what have you been eating?
Speaker 1: Uh? Kelsey's just been cooking up a storm, doing awesome stuff, trying different recipes and things, which has been.
Speaker 3: Fun, so fun.
Speaker 1: But she she did this, she made like her own sauce with like herbs that we've been planting because she's been planting. So it was really fun.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: So it was these she she cooked up these chicken thighs into this herbed mushroom cream sauce. Uh, and then on the side with spinach that had parmesan cheese on it, and it just it was just so tasty. She's been doing really really fun things, and I've been having to cook a lot, and so then the kids get, you know, they get to be spoiled when their mom cooks and then have to eat the gruel I put in dogs exactly cook. Yeah, so it balances it out.
Speaker 3: Although do your kids like the mac and cheese? Are they into that?
Speaker 1: Oh so much?
Speaker 3: I mean I think everyone is. But yeah, have you ever done the mac and cheese the octopus hot dogs before for them? No?
Speaker 1: I've never been heard of this.
Speaker 3: Oh, rob okay, So if you want to score points next time, yeah, you cut up the hot dogs right yeah, and then you just make a few cuts around one of the bottoms, like halfway up, and then you put the hot dogs in the last couple, like maybe a minute or two while it's still boiling the water for the noodles, and those little legs that you cut will go out into little tentacles. It's so cool. Oh my gosh, it's real cute. You should totally do it.
Speaker 1: That's a cool idea. I'll have to look it up.
Speaker 3: But yeah, kids love it. I do it for myself. The kids also like it, uh from what I understand, So yeah, worth checking out for sure. Very cool. Man, Nice always reduce some plugger rounies.
Speaker 1: Let's plug it up, buddy Nice.
Speaker 3: You guys can visit us as always over on the Twitter machine where we're at Avid endorsmen with a z or Facebook dot com slash the Avid Endorsement. Also we're on the Instagram at the Abbot Endorsement as well, or you can go to our website www dot Theavid Endorsment dot com, where you guys can find some merchandise. You can find last week's top five if you guys want to check those out, and just all kinds of other stuff if you guys want to check it out. But if you really want to come hang out with us and interact, the place.
Speaker 1: To go is Patreon dot com slash the Avid Indorsman. It's so much fun over there, you guys. They get a bunch of different perks. One of those perks is getting a shot out on the podcast. So let's give it up for Beverly Pilcher, Vicky Herman, Ruth Cood, Nanette Walkley, Mary Fox, Marsha Grisiac, Liz McDaniel, and e Fren Diaz. You guys are so awesome. We so appreciate your support. Another big perk that our patrons get is getting to hear an extended version of the podcast we like to call podcast and chill. On all of these we'll do a different Top five movie draft, and on this one specifically, we're gonna do our top five favorite time travel films.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be real good.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 1: I got three that I just really need, so dude.
Speaker 3: And we're on a hot streak here with these time travel films. Yeah. We got About Time last week. We got back to the Future this week.
Speaker 1: All right, man, I was hoping you were going to forget about about Time. I really want to get it.
Speaker 3: How could I forget rob it was last week, not recording it tomorrow, right, that would be confusing, that would be we're also time traveling right now, Yes we are, Like yeah, but uh yeah, that'll be all super super fun.
Speaker 1: Come to patreon dot com slash the Aven Indorsman becoming Indoorsy today. It'll be so much fun.
Speaker 3: It will be. It'll be a blast, I guarantee it, and if not, you can always stop subscribing next week. So yeah, come check it out. But we're here today to talk about, like we just mentioned that great film Back to the Future, so we had to find, you know, one of the coolest dudes. We know a guy that we that we know loves today but also loves the past more than anyone I can think of. So we had to bring them on. It's Potato himself. Ladies and gentlemen, it's Nate.
Speaker 1: What's up, Nate? What is up? It's good to see you, man, it's been so long. I miss your face.
Speaker 5: I miss your face. I very much enjoyed your TikTok.
Speaker 3: Oh. Yeah, wasn't that amazing?
Speaker 1: Man? Yeah, I saw you retweeted that.
Speaker 5: Oh it's so good. It has a very Farley esque feel to it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, very well. I'm just a big dumb animal like you is, so that makes sense. But I yeah, I had to watch a YouTube tutorial. I felt like the oldest person on the planet making that TikTok. So I'm glad you enjoyed it, because it really took a lot of effort on my pocket.
Speaker 3: Rob puts several hours in there. Was like, I'm working, damn it. I'm on the most important call of my life.
Speaker 1: Just doing a TikTok.
Speaker 3: Kids, tick poking, you'll get it someday. Now they'll be onto something else.
Speaker 5: Oh sure, Yeah, TikTok is going to be done in like a year and there will be some other thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: All the kids are on it right now, though, And I'm just an old man on there, so trying to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Good old uncle Rob.
Speaker 3: That's trying to stay young, you know it. But you know one thing that's really stuck around so far is Facebook, and you guys can go to Nathan Rhoads Facebook, Facebook dot Com, slash Nathan Rhoads or at Nathan roads on the Twitter machine, so make sure to check those out.
Speaker 1: That was such a sweet transition into his plugs. I really that well.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm super happy to have Nathaniel Roadstone here.
Speaker 5: I'm just excited to be talking to you.
Speaker 3: Isn't Nathaniel It's not.
Speaker 5: No, it's not It's just Nathan. I wish it was in Roadstone.
Speaker 3: Can we work on changing that? Yeah, you're pretty bound to it.
Speaker 5: I'm in at this point. I have like seventeen nicknames, so I don't really that is true.
Speaker 3: It's right, it's true. I did call you Potato.
Speaker 5: Already, I mean, which works for men.
Speaker 3: I love it. Well, guys, we're here to talk about back to the future. Should we get started with the rough synopsis?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go. Small town, California. Teen Marty McFly is thrown back into the fifties when an experiment by his eccentric scientist friend Doc Brown goes awry. Traveling through time in a modified DeLorean, Marty encounters young versions of his parents and must make sure that they fall in love or he'll cease to exist. Even more dauntingly, Marty has to return to his own time and save the life of Doc Brown.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Let's go over to Rotten Tomatoes and see what they have to say about this. Critics have this at ninety six percent guys, boom, that is fresh afresh, that's like you just pulled it off the vine.
Speaker 1: Fresh, oh man, delicious, crunchy and wonderful, ah, delightful.
Speaker 3: And audience members have this just about just about us high, just a couple of clicks lower at ninety four percent beautiful. I think also very fresh, very good, so needless to say it. With those very high ratings, it was a little difficult to find a bad review, but the Internet will never let you down. You can always find something negative. So here we go. This is from John Hartle of film dot Com. John says so busy being clever that it trips over its own ingenuity.
Speaker 1: Whatever he's tripping, he's straight tripping.
Speaker 3: He's tripping. Thank you, Rob, Thank you fantastic. Let's go to a good review. Now, this is from the entirety of the staff at Variety. They say performance is by the Ernest Fox, the lunatic Lloyd, the deceptively passionate Leah Thompson, and particularly the bumbling to confident Glover who runs away with the pick. Sure, merely keep the ship a sail and along.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool, But it's Michael J. Fox. It's not Ernest Fox. What are yeah?
Speaker 3: They I don't know why they got his name wrong. They didn't even capitalize it, so it's extra confused.
Speaker 1: Variety figure it out.
Speaker 5: It's a tough name.
Speaker 1: Given.
Speaker 3: It's very difficult. You're right, well, so we go right into a cash we talk about our hot takes to our hot takes.
Speaker 1: Oo, hot take.
Speaker 3: That's a hot take. I'll go first with this one. I love this movie. So, this movie is thirty five years old, you know, coming tomorrow. I guess right. We said, yeah, I'm the third so and this movie predates me only by like two weeks. So it's near and dear to my heart. It's been around my whole life. I've watched it a ton over the years. I love the music, I love the like silliness that happens. They're so much of it that I really really like it was fun to watch it this time with like a little bit more of a critical eye. And it was just neat to watch the juxtaposition of what the eighties were portrayed as it was very dirty, very there was a lot of dirty theaters and stuff like that. It was kind of crazy, and then they chose to juxtapose that with the fifties and their pristine opulence. I just thought that was all really fun and beautifully done on the rewatch. And I know it can be tempting to look back and only see the good of the past, but it's fun to think about now, if we did a movie now where we went back, you know, to when this came out in eighty five, what would be different about the way we do it? And my favorite part about this, I think is we see, Marty understand, just like so many of us have understood now, that our parents have like a really a really rich past, you know, and there it's not that they're nothing like they are now, but they've grown a lot to get to where they are now. So it's neat to see them, you know, growing and evolving and see how his parents have failed and succeeded over life. I just really thought that was fun in the rewatch, and the friendship between Doc and Marty is is just a delight. I really have a good time with that. And yeah, I just think it's it's really neat to watch a movie that's this old, that holds up that well and it's still really enchanting. I still had a great time with it. It's not without its flaws, but it's almost like you know that friend that you're like, oh, yeah, he's just kind of crazy. That's how I felt about the stuff in this movie where I was like, oh, that doesn't make a lot of sense. Oh well, I just love it, you know. So I had a great time. I thought it was super good. And that's my.
Speaker 1: Hot take hot take, like thanks, Yeah, this was one of my favorite experiences, like rewatching a film for this podcast, because it has been forever since I've seen Back to the Future, and I didn't remember much of the beginning at all, but man, it totally holds up to your point. It's funny and suspenseful, and it looked really good, Like CGI wise, aside from his hand starting to disappear when he's playing the guitar. That was pretty bad.
Speaker 3: That was the only thing that was a little that was pretty oh was it? Yeah, you're right, I didn't even notice that, but you're totally that's fine.
Speaker 1: So that wasn't great. But I really did think it was just masterful filmmaking with like the entire end sequence, the suspense just builds and builds and builds and yeah, and he finally makes it back to the future and then there's even more suspense, but because he's got to save Doc. I just all of that was so great. I thought it was perfectly paced, and it seemed like almost all of the dialogue that's mentioned in the beginning comes back later. It was like perfect exposition.
Speaker 3: I felt like.
Speaker 1: I loved that everyone thought he was wearing a life preserver. That made me laugh every time. And I was looking forward to seeing Elizabeth Shoe and then remember she doesn't come in until the second film, so that that was a bum. Yeah, but the soundtrack is so amazing. It's so great getting to to hear Huey Lewis and see him.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's the best. I thought.
Speaker 1: Alan Silvestri's score is one of the most iconic scores of all time, and he was he wasn't nominated. He's never been nominated for an Oscar, which which is crazy. That's not true. He has been nominated for a couple of Oscars, but he's.
Speaker 3: Never won an Oscar, never won one.
Speaker 1: I think he was nominated for Forrest Gump and something else. But anyway, he's done roughly like a billion other films, but no Oscar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got quite quite the history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the filmography is intense and it's Yeah. I just thought it was so good. I can't believe it wasn't even nominated. But yeah, I love this and I'm gonna end up watching the other ones too, because I haven't seen them in forever either, and say, they're all on Netflix right now like all of our other social distancing sessions. So yeah, I'm definitely gonna get on it. It was so much fun, awesome. Yeah, Nate, what do you think, buddy?
Speaker 5: Nah, this is hands down one of my favorite movies of all time. I have probably seen this movie more than any other movie, and primarily because it's a rock and roll movie. Like this movie came into my life at the exact same time rock and roll did. In fact, this movie is the reason I put the tape in the tape recorder player because my dad had a tape labeled van Halen and I remember watching the movie and he, you know, scares his dad. So I was just searching through my dad's tapes and I found a tape that said van Halen and I put it in and then rock and Roll.
Speaker 3: So awesome.
Speaker 5: Ah, this movie is so well done. They pay attention to so many details, Like I mean, there are obviously mistakes, but it's it's really easy to get past those because they do such a good job with all the other things, just all the minute little details like throughout all three films, really but just going. Like the way they portray his family in the eighties and the fifties is so well done because you can feel the connection and they're all like you were talking about. You feel them grow and like see that they are people too, they're not just his parents. And I thought they did such a good job of making the storyline pretty seamless and flow, like there's not a point in the movie where you're like, oh, come on, keep moving. It's just stuff keeps happening. And I love the Huey Lewis cameo. Yes, and I almost named my band in high school the Pinheads because of that. But yeah, that was well, you guys know what, Huey Lewis has been having hearing issues like the last year, and I blame them because they were just too gosh darn loud.
Speaker 1: That's funny kind of Yeah. I was happy I got to see him at at Mystic Lake years ago. Yeah, good old Mistake Lake, Good old Mistake Lake. But yeah, man, I think it's, you know, gonna be one of his last performances, which is just such a bummer. He was killing it.
Speaker 5: He's so good. He's he's one of those artists that just crosses overall genres and his band is.
Speaker 3: Killer Yeah, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Nice Yeah, nice dude, groovy man.
Speaker 3: Well, very good hot takes. Should we go right into our favorite acting performance?
Speaker 6: Let's dude, I'm the dude, so that's what you call me, you know that? Or his dudeus or duder or you know, el dud reno. If you're not into the whole brevity.
Speaker 1: Thing, Nate, we'll start with you, buddy, Yeah, what's your favorite acting performance in this But to one.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it's really easy to go with the obvious Michael J. Fox was phenomenal. I think the whole thing. He by far and obviously is the main character. But I forget the guy's name that he replaced, because there was Originally it was cast as somebody Earl Stole. Yeah, and I watched some of the outtakes of his stuff, and oh my gosh, Michael J. Fox just brings it to a whole different level, like his comedic timing and ability to to move the be comedic but also keep it serious, not like slapstick. He does such a good job and it's hard. I mean, I don't know if anybody else can compete with him in this movie because the movie's really about him. But I mean, obviously Christopher Lloyd was phenomenal as well, But I think I have to go with the lame answer of Michael J.
Speaker 4: Fox.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I get it.
Speaker 3: Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox was amazing, and I agree, like he does that concerned like stressed out, but he's also able to add that humor in keeps it upbeat. He does that, He's just so charming and likable. It's very easy to see why he became a TV star and a movie star. Yeah. So, I mean that's for sure. But I was actually gonna pick Christopher Lloyd from this last viewing because oh, Doc makes these films for me. He is so funny. His shocked expressions are so hilarious every time they make me laugh, and his catch phrase is probably one of the most iconic lines in movie history. I just loved everything about Doc on this last watch. It was so much fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a great picture. I know. And where does like, was great Scott a thing before this movie or did he totally just did they just come up with it for this film, because it is like a I don't know, You're right, Rob, it's one of the more famous things now for sure.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, wild he has a handful of like little lines like that that have kind of blossomed.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's phenomenally like, he's infectious.
Speaker 3: I love it. I probably would have picked between those two. I think I would have gave the edge to Michael J. Fox. But yeah, I don't think you can really go wrong with either one of them because they're both just so darned good. They're both just so fun. So yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonnacede my time to the Tucci.
Speaker 1: I think actually, okay, all right, I like it. How do you feel about that? That sounds great to me, Nate Nice? What do you think about the Tucci Award? Tucci is of course named after the Stanley Tucci the best like supporting actor ever. Who do you think is like the best supporting role in this film?
Speaker 5: Man, this is a tough one. I mean. Leah Thompson is phenomenal and such a freakin heart thro which her I didn't realize her daughter till recently is what's that baseball movie? She has a daughter that's like in her mid twenties. She's a really good actress as well. I forget her name, but.
Speaker 3: Look it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm intrigued. I didn't know that's in the biz.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really wanted to say Leah Thompson. But I in the Stanley Tucci realm of things, I would probably lean to lean towards James Tolkien, oh Principal Strickland, because if you go through all three movies, he doesn't play a significant role, but he is the authority like he he is almost what drives Marty to be better because he's always he's always in those little pinnacle scenes and just being kind of a.
Speaker 3: Dick, and he really is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he does a He does a good job of pushing Marty forward, and so I would probably give the Tucci ard to James Tolkien.
Speaker 1: Wow, he was not on my red art at all.
Speaker 3: That's a sweet You're never gonna believe this. Zoe Dutch is Leah Thompson's not, no way. Yeah, and it makes sense now that I'm like looking, and so is Madeline Dutch, who I think has been in some stuff as well.
Speaker 1: You just blew my mind?
Speaker 3: Can you believe that I didn't know that she.
Speaker 1: Is such a delight that Zoe. Is it Dutch or is it Deutsch?
Speaker 3: Uh cannot confirm.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It might be Deutsch, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But man, yeah, that's crazy. Well, it's funny because my teach is gonna be Leah to Thompson as Lorraine Bains.
Speaker 3: You can't believe.
Speaker 1: You got to give it up for the Minnesota girl. She was born in Rochester, grew up in Minnie. I had a pretty big crush on Marty's mom back in the day. I always thought, and she was so cute, But it was really fun to see her as this like uptight, wholesome mom and then they go back and she's this rebellious teen, full of life, you know, stealing liquor and smoking, and I just.
Speaker 5: Car with a boy, right, yeah, I have right the old lady's liquor cabinet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was a delight though. I was, I was. I was loving Leah Thompson in this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's really really great. I was gonna Christopher Lloyd for this one just because I think he really really makes the movie for me. So I think you're right, But my runner up would be Thomas F. Wilson, the guy who played He's so good. He is like super haterble the whole time, which is super important. I read something that he's kind of mad at this film because or these, this trilogy, because he has been typecast ever since. Well yeah, which is kind of a bummer. But it's also like, well, you're in one of the greatest franchises ever, so like I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: And it's not like you were like a super great actor in these, like this was perfect for him, Like oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like the perfect like you know, over the top and not quite over the time.
Speaker 1: He was pretty cartoony in these, but for sure it totally worked for these films, but I would be surprised. You know, I don't think he was going to be in you know, Shinley his List or something. Now you should.
Speaker 5: Probably actually fun the fact of the day, he was actually in another movie right after the first Back of the Future came out with Christopher Lloyd called Camp Nowhere.
Speaker 3: Camp Camp Nowhere.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, yeah, I've seen him. I've seen him pop up in different things for sure. But yeah, sure, but i'd imagine, yeah, he'd get typecast as bit for sure because it's.
Speaker 3: So I kind of and and he's great.
Speaker 5: And he does like we speaking engagements, and during his public speaking engagements now he will the first thing he says like, hey, everybody, uh, I'm just gonna get this out of the way, and he just calls everybody a butt head because everybody always asked him to say that line. And then he goes on with this thing because it's just he's like, it's like it's just so overdone. So I do sure, in some sense totally's feel it for him, because it's like, man, you have like these three lines that I'm sure for the last thirty five years people have just been like, I want to hear you say, butthead butt heead sure? And did you guys know Billy was in this movie?
Speaker 1: I noticed it, like I saw it and I was like, that looks like Zy. It looks like a Billy Zaye with hair. Yeah, and uh yeah I did see that. He was one of the like three other bullies with Biff. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he doesn't play a big role, but he's in all three.
Speaker 3: Actually, maybe he just really handsome in his fifties garb.
Speaker 1: Sure, he's a handsome man, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Was there anybody else? Even like that's all the Tuccies? I thought of, where was there anybody?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I guess did you guys? Were you guys fans of Crisp and Glover in this because he just kind of weirds me out?
Speaker 3: Man, I remember being a bigger fan of him, but yeah, I'm with you on the rewatch. I was just like, he's just weird and his character is not all that redeeming. Yeah. I guess ultimately he does the right thing and is a nice guy, but man, what weirdo? Even I definitely kept saying that every time I saw it. Every time I saw him on screen, I was like, he's just weird, And I guess that's good, he's making a choice. But what a weirdo.
Speaker 5: Well, he threw such a big stink that he got they fired him after the first one and found somebody that looked like him to play him for the second and third because he wasn't a very big role in those, and he like had a huge flipout and stuff, and I'm like, dude, you didn't even you weren't even really that I don't know. And his character in general just like, oh that biff I always trying to con someone. It's like just so nonchalant. It's like, why are you still friends with this guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't understand. He's bullied you your whole life, Like, yeah, he tried to rape your wife and you're just pals with him. Now. I didn't understand.
Speaker 1: Well that happened in the new version, right, like because that was but.
Speaker 3: He's still out there washing his car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like, what's happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's very true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it doesn't. That character is a little I mean, it probably plays an important role to set Marty up to have his insecurities, for sure, but it's it is a weird role. Man and Kristin christ Christen Glover did great, but it just yeah, I didn't think it was as great of a performance as I think some people made it out to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that for sure. The other one that I had was, I really I'll bring him up during quotes. He's got one of my favorite quotes. But Donald fully love Goldie Wilson. I really loved him. Oh cool, may it's it's maybe my favorite line from the whole movie. I love it so much. So yeah, he would be the only other one I think I would bring up. Otherwise everyone else was good, just not not a huge part. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and we already mentioned before, but the Huey Lewis cameo is just the best thing ever.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're right, so clutch, so great? Nice for sure?
Speaker 1: Well, sweet, why don't we move on to the dingus for Danish? So dinas is quite simple, really, ingusus. This is our favorite scene, Nate, What's what's your favorite scene? You've seen this movie one billion times? What's your favorite scene from it? Oh?
Speaker 5: It is so tough. If I had to choose one scene, I probably would go with the guitar solo where he gets to the end of it and everyone's just staring at him, and he just says, yeah, I guess you guys aren't ready for that, but your kids are gonna love it, right.
Speaker 3: Kids are gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Just know that that whole sequence is so great.
Speaker 5: It's so fantastic. And another fun fact about that whole sequence is Marvin Berry and the Twilighters, so they re recorded Earth Angel and it actually charted again in eighty five in the top forty after the movie came out.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah and cool, and Marvin Berry and the Twilighters from the guy who plays Marvin Berry went on tour and sang that song like that's amazing.
Speaker 3: That's incredible, what a gig. That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that scene too, And yeah, just seeing him just go nuts during that and like copying all like the guitarists that we know but they've never seen.
Speaker 3: And he's got like a guitar that's about seven times bigger than the guitar he plays in the first scene, right, yes, scene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Actually, my friend Pat had a really close version of that guitar. It's a Gibsen. I forget the exact model, but the only he had he didn't have the whammy bar. In his It was his dad's and it had only been played like ten games, and his dad like just put it under the bed and then he put it under his bed and I found it.
Speaker 3: It was like, you were like what this is amazing?
Speaker 5: Why you have this guitar. It's like it's like a ten thousand dollars guitar?
Speaker 1: Now, why were you under your buddy's bed?
Speaker 5: Well, because he was like we were probably fourteen, and he was like, hey, I have a guitar because he knew I played guitar, and you like pull it up from the bed and I'm like, what what.
Speaker 3: Is the Back to the Future guitar?
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I do love that. Then he called Chuck Berry up too. That's that's my favorite. That's the best button to that whole thing. Yeah, I love that's.
Speaker 3: Your cousin, Marvin.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Uh what do you have? Rob for your scene?
Speaker 1: For sure with doubt and I like, you know, I know how this movie ends, but like this suspense during that the lightning hitting the clock tower, that whole sequence, that sequence is incredible. Like it starts off with Marty taking a while to get back to the clock tower because he had to make sure that his dad kissed his mom, so he's already cutting it close, so you have that tension, and then the branch falls down on the cord and it like unplugs it, so then Doc has to go up to the tower and like try and plug it in. Almost falls off the tower and he's able to get himself back on. Then when he tries to plug it in, the branch makes it so he can't reach it. So then he's got a zip line down and plug it in as the car is going where it needs to go. I couldn't believe it. I was so so into it and just like my heart was just like he's going to do it, and I knew he was gonna do it. I just I was so impressed with that filmmaking. It was really really intense.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they do love that one.
Speaker 5: Such a good job of building it too. Like it starts off kind of small where you're like, Okay, this is gonna happen. Well, I don't know if it's going to happen, and then like just progressively you're just like I've seen it so many times and that scene every time, I just like have to stop and pay attention.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, totally and I like his little.
Speaker 5: Quips in there, just you know, Doc being Doc.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, and then when he like almost falls down, he's like, he's so great, Marty. I love that. That's nice. I think both of those, between The Enchantment of the Sea and that one, would probably be my top two picks. But I want to give a shout out to the first scene we see when they go back into the fifties. Yes, just seeing like the town square and like how vibrant that community is back then, you know, compared to what it was. I thought that was really fun. Obviously the song was super fun. I have like a you know, I love that fifties music. A ton so special plays in my heart for that. Yeah, I just I really liked that scene. It was really like I just found myself grinning that whole scene just because it's like, oh, yeah we're here, we did it, you know, like really cool. But yeah, the for the dingis I would choose the clock tower scene for sure. So good. Yeah, nice, cool. Yeah, we have other ones we want to mention.
Speaker 1: I mean I thought that I think just like the very end where we get to see like the better alternate reality when when what happens to his family when Georgia actually like sticks up for himself and how it affects the entire family. I thought that was really fun. And then that amazing setup for the sequel, Oh no, probably one of the best setups for a sequel of all time.
Speaker 3: Which apparently was not set up as a sequel, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did read that.
Speaker 3: So Nate, did you read this? Because they were like they had no imminent plans to make more movies after it, and Zamechis was like, if I would have known that it was a sequel, I would have never had their girlfriend in the car because that cramed a whole other batch of issues and that's why she's like knocked out for most of the second movie.
Speaker 5: Thought that was inducing algorithm?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I really didn't.
Speaker 5: Why don't we have that yet? It's twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: For me, it's just a big meal and a cold room. But yeah, well it sounds like we're all okay with the clock Tower.
Speaker 1: Then eh, yeah, I'm donee And I mean I loved the the guitar scene as well. But oh it's sad to pick number one. Yeah, go clock.
Speaker 3: Tower all the way, love it, love it? Well, should we get to some quotes here, let's.
Speaker 1: Do it, show me the money, show me so you know, great Scott like number one is crazy so great. The hey, doc, we better back up. We don't have enough road to get up to eighty eight roads where we're going. We don't need roads. So that's probably the line of the movie. I also loved him just saying, if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty eight miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious Yeah. I love I enjoyed that very much.
Speaker 3: What's the no roads one in this movie? Or was that in two?
Speaker 1: No, it's the last lines of the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's right, Yeah, yeah, okay, Sorry, It is really hard to like dissect these out. Yeah, since they redoce so much stuff and whatever.
Speaker 5: It's incredibly tough because they do such a good job at like taking those parts and moving them through the three movies. But then they they end in different like ways. So there are so many other lines around you. I do think when Chuck Berry Marvin Berry calls Chuck Berry might be one of my favorite interactions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so good for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you already said the line that I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it. Oh yeah, such, you already said that one. And that's that's way up there, I do sure.
Speaker 5: An underrated scene is when Biff and his goons put Marty in the trunk and the band gets out of the car and they go to back to the trunk and he's like, hey, let me out, and he's like, where are my keys? He goes, the keys are in the trunk, goes, what'd you say? The keys are in the trunk? And I don't know why, but I always like, I always like that like such a random It's just such a random, like little little tiny thing that doesn't really impact the movie in that much of a way. But when he slices his hand, now Marty's in the band right, And I always liked that little pivotal scene because I thought it was kind of, you know, ingenious to put the keys in the trunk.
Speaker 3: Totally nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bugs, you have some some quotes.
Speaker 3: You want to say about Yeah, some, I mean, so maybe my favorite one up the whole thing is the when he's just like, yeah, I like the sound of that. He gets so high and I love every second of it. Maya gold Wilson. I love that so much. I also love one point. That's the one. I love it so much. I think I really like, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I always loved that.
Speaker 5: It sounds like a damn fool when you say it wrong.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I read that.
Speaker 1: Improvise that.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, it's about as funny as a screen love.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and I love the I'm George McFly, I'm your density. I mean, I mean your destiny.
Speaker 1: See like he was Chrispin Glover was doing nothing for me, So I just found that all annoying.
Speaker 3: It's super annoying, but it's still funny.
Speaker 1: His best line, I thought was the and I didn't write it down, but it was just like, hey, whatever your name is behind the bar, give me a milk chocolate And then yeah, that's the best George part.
Speaker 3: For sure, And it's pretty great. Yeah he's a peeping tom.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, that is ah again, such a weird character. Went like yeah, at the very end of the movie when Marty like wakes up and he's still in his clothes and uh, he like falls off the counter and he's like Marty did you hit your head and he stands back up and he's like, you guys.
Speaker 3: Are so thin. Oh thanks, oh thank you, Marty. That's us. I also really love one that I say all the time is all right guys blues, sriff and b watch me for the changes and try to keep up. Like I love that so much. That is pretty great. I think I said that in every gig I've ever ot.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, me too. It's probably it's so funny because that song's not in the KYB.
Speaker 3: That's great, it's in the key that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Well, it depends what version you listen to, but it's normally in B flat or A.
Speaker 1: That's funny, so sounds about right.
Speaker 5: A little fact.
Speaker 3: I also loved when he was like, what happens to us in the future? What do we do? We turn it down or something?
Speaker 1: Oh that's at the very end, right yeah. Yeah, he was like, no, it's about your kids.
Speaker 3: Many.
Speaker 1: I love when he's like, then tell me future boy. Who's President of the United States in nineteen eighty five? Ronald Reagan Ronald Reagan, the actor. Then who's Vice President? Jerry Lewis? I suppose Jane Wyman is the first Lady whoa wait, tuc and Jack Benny is Secretary of the Treasury. Doc, you gotta listen to me. I've had enough practical jokes for one evening. Good Night, Future boy.
Speaker 3: I liked all that's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Uh, Doc has so many good lines. Heavy there's that ward again. Is there something wrong with the Earth's gravitational pull in the future?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, love that so much.
Speaker 1: I love when he sees the thing, the advertisement for the the dance, He's like, look, there's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up, just like Doc, so funny.
Speaker 5: They really can this movie phenomenally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, for sure. I also just love the way Christopher Lloyd just can make everything so over the top. Because when they were talking about the picture and they were, you know, being erased, he was like he was just like erased, and then he like looks off to the side with his mouth agape, and he's like from existence. Yeah, He's just love it so much.
Speaker 1: His facial expressions killed me the entire time. Perfect guys, and just yeah, like you said, mouth just wide open.
Speaker 5: Great Scott, He's such he almost in some way reminds me of like a Chevy chair, so physical, not as physical as Chevy Chase, but like, sure, the way he uses his body in comedy is so phenomenal because he's just so animated and just fun to watch.
Speaker 1: So much fun.
Speaker 3: Well, and I read that like so one of his things and this is he's kind of always like hunched over and working on something. And I guess that was a direct response to him because he's like six' to one and Then MICHAEL. J fox is like five four or something like. That. Yeah, yeah so like to keep them in the scene and not make it look, weird they've like tried to play some far apart and then he would bend down like that and. Stuff but it.
Speaker 1: Worked so well for his character that it was.
Speaker 3: Like what a happy little you, know? Exodent, sure, yeah, oh WHAT'S i think that was most all the QUOTES i. Had there's a.
Speaker 5: Really good one at the very end When marty trips down the hill to like run To doc because he thinks he's been shot and. Killed and he gets there and he's like crying On, doc And doc like opens his eyes and he pulls open his vest and he goes he's like what about the letter? Vest? Yeah And marty's, like what about the letter And, doc what's the. Line i'm totally.
Speaker 1: Blanking, YEAH i don't remember what he said.
Speaker 5: Either, yeah it's a it's a good, moment like it's a good funny but also serious, moment and it's it's a good. LINE i forget the exact, quote but.
Speaker 1: Nice yeah that Was. OH i did like when just when he was the alien and and then the next Day george is, like last Night Darth vader came down From Planet dulcan and told me that IF i didn't Take lorrain out that he'd melt my. BRAIN i just love that he he mixed, up you, Know Darth vader And Planet vulcan just making.
Speaker 3: Nerds so, manah everyone's, like, no, no do.
Speaker 5: That, actually one little tiny thing in the movie THAT i just love, is, uh in the very beginning of the, movie he's like maybe At Twin Pines, mall and then at the very end of the movie when he gets, back It's Lone Pines mall Because marty ran over the male or the one of the twin pines next to his.
Speaker 3: Mailbox yeah that's the old in the farmhouse or.
Speaker 1: Whatever, Right, yeah, yeah that's attention to. DETAIL i liked that at so MUCH i liked the Whole calvin climbit. Too it's not really a, quote BUT i liked. ALL i like that bit a.
Speaker 3: Lot i've never seen purple underwear, Before. Marty, yeah why.
Speaker 1: Do you keep Calling Calvin?
Speaker 3: Calvin oh, yeah that's my, name but people call Me. Marty, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Right, sweet all, Right, well if there are, anymore let's, uh let's go to bugs boohoo. Moments so, YEAH i didn't think there were many. BOOHOOS i had a hard time coming up with Any, OKAY i picked. One, uh and it's just When george stands up for himself and then comes back to kiss her at the. Dance it's, like that's kind of the only TIME i could see like.
Speaker 3: Real team one didn't get me, Though what do you? Think what do you, Got?
Speaker 5: NATE i, mean IF i was gonna go with adigs boo who, moments it would be When marty Thinks doc is, dead like before he opens up his vest to show that he has a bulletproof fest on nailed.
Speaker 1: It oh, there he.
Speaker 3: Goes, cool that's a good.
Speaker 5: One it's, uh it'll get, you.
Speaker 3: That'll get. You. Yeah so it was that, one and there's only two for this, one the short. One, yeah, infrequent, smallest it is. Smallest there we. Go, uh it was just that. One and THEN i thought it was very sweet When marty And doc were saying goodbye to each other like in the, past.
Speaker 1: Right so like when like when everything's all intense at the clock tower or like.
Speaker 3: Earlier, okay, no that one at the clock. Tower he knows, that like the notes been tore up and all that. Stuff, yeah, YEAH i JUST i really liked that.
Speaker 1: Part, okay two, boooz.
Speaker 3: But, yeah only.
Speaker 1: Two, yeah that's not not. Bad it's not, Bad, no not at.
Speaker 3: All, yeah, yeah pretty.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 1: Sweet all, Right, well let's move on to some movie, trivia.
Speaker 3: Bud, yeah we've said a couple of them, already but let's do a. Couple there was a lot of trivia for this. One that's what happens when you pick a thirty five year old, MOVIE i. Guess, well and it's classic too at this, POINT i, mean arguably, absolutely.
Speaker 5: This might be one of the most well received movies in.
Speaker 3: History, yeah LIKE i THINK i think it's absolutely like a classic of our lifetimes for.
Speaker 5: Sure, Sure, yeah IT'S i, mean there are plenty of other movies that compete with, it but it is in the top tier of movies, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah for. Sure so in twenty, ten during a, Reunion MICHAEL. J fox said that the strangers or that strangers still call him McFly. Constantly he said the most remarkable instance of, this, though was one he who was in a remote jungle jungle in The South asian country Of, bhutan located Between china And india in The, himalayas and a group Of buddhist monks passed him and one of them looked at him and, Said marty, McFly that which that must have been. Surreal he's, Like i'm finally away from all these. Idiots uh, SO i think you guys already said, it but the make like a tree and get out of here and butt head were both. Improvised that was pretty cool By Thomas. Wilson When lorraine Follows marty back To doc's, house she And doc exchange in awkward. Greeting and this is the only time That Christopher lloyd And Leah thompson ever have dialogue throughout all the. Movies isn't that? Crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah thought.
Speaker 3: Of, That and actually this says it's the only on screen dialogue they ever have and they've been in six movies total together and that's the only time they ever speak to each.
Speaker 1: Other that's, interesting super.
Speaker 3: Weird just like a weird. Happenstance we said the thing About elizabeth hu taking over For Jennifer, Parker, Well Claudia, well's the original, actor gave up her part In back to The future two and three because her mom was diagnosed with. Cancer so that's.
Speaker 1: Sad that is.
Speaker 3: SAID i thought it was interesting to know why it happened BECAUSE i didn't.
Speaker 1: Know, YEAH i certainly didn't, either BUT i also saw that and maybe you were going to mention. This But Melaura, harden who we know from the, office who plays what was her, name Jan he Was Steve Carell's.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, okay so she.
Speaker 1: Was originally cast As jennifer when it was it Was Eric, stoltz but then she was too all When MICHAEL. J.
Speaker 3: Fox so that makes sense because she is pretty, tall and so it's like she got dismissed before she got a chance to shoot a single scene And Claudie wells came. In how do you not just be bitter the rest of your?
Speaker 1: Life, well, dude AND i you, KNOW i didn't see her LIKE i can't even really think of anything but like until the, Office so it took a while for her to blow.
Speaker 3: Up you know that's, crazy.
Speaker 1: Dude, yeah, Anyway, wow that's a great.
Speaker 3: One. UH i didn't have, that So i'm glad you shared.
Speaker 5: That i'll be, HONEST i did not realize That jennifer was two different people UNTIL i bought THE dvd trilogy in. College, sure BECAUSE i had only ever seen it on LIKE tv OR tbs or, whatever and you JUST i ha'd something THAT i didn't pick up. On and then WHEN i got the trilogy and could watch them like back to back to, BACK i was, like wait a, second that's.
Speaker 3: That well, Right and, also to be, fair like she's not in it a, time, no, no so you know it's not like a crazy. Amount. Anyway, oh it Wasn't MICHAEL. J fox that was singing during the enchantment under The Sea. Dance it was a man Named Mark campbell who was a popular or was the lead singer of a popular eighties band Called Jack mack and the Heart.
Speaker 1: Attack that's a great.
Speaker 3: Name i've never heard of. Him that's a, great fantastic. NAME i, MEAN i feel like they had the name first and then they were, like, well now we have to be a, Band like what what are we going to? Do you? KNOW i thought it was interesting That Huey lewis was asked By zamechis And Bob gail to write a song for the. Film, however the they weren't thrilled with the first song he brought to, them and after explaining what they hoped, for he came back with The power Of, love and then they loved that so much that they wanted one more. Song so then he got inspiration For back In, time WHICH i think is. Crazy, yeah both of those films he came up or both those, songs he came up with this for this, film and they're both.
Speaker 1: Amazing oh totally.
Speaker 5: Dude the horn section in Especially back In, Time oh my, gosh like so h so so. Good johnny f actually is a Big back to The future fan as. Well and when we on the very First christmas TOUR i did With Home, free like a billion years, ago we watched the trilogy on his Little he had installed A dvd player like in the dash of his car because we drive like nine hours every, night AND i remember him just that was one of his favorite things because he Loves, Horns AND i really started to pay attention To Huey lewis after he started talking about that stuff because it was so, Good, like, just, man, Hey lewis is. Phenomenal, yeah.
Speaker 3: Agreed SO i can't Believe i've never sang either of those songs in any of the a cappella Groups i've ever been.
Speaker 1: In, yeah they seems so. Perfect we we would only do his version Of it's all, right you, know The Huey leaks.
Speaker 3: Version we did that.
Speaker 1: Too, yeah that's the only he's.
Speaker 3: Got that other one that's all acapella the birds in The trees or, something and it's really cool or. Everything well it must be called naturally. Anyway, yeah it's like A b side, one but it's really. Cool, sure but, yeah SO i missed the boat on. That we better get on Some hueye acapella stuff for. Sure and THEN i said the other two THAT i, Had so that's ALL i.
Speaker 1: Have. Cool you're probably gonna say this For Judgment, day but the rights to the film and its sequels are owned By Robert zamechas And Bob gail And Za mecca's maintained that no reboot or remake of the franchise would be authorized during his Or gayle's, Lifetime so not going to see that reboot at anytime, soon which which is.
Speaker 3: Good this still holds up so, Well why we don't need.
Speaker 5: To, yeah don't LIKE I i can appreciate when people, try but so rarely do they get it. Right AND i just feel like you've already created a masterpiece in the three, films like don't don't touch it?
Speaker 3: Alone yeah, Right.
Speaker 1: YEAH i saw that Writers Bob gale And Robert zemeckis actually received a fan letter From John DeLorean after the film's, release thanking them for immortalizing his, car which they for sure. Did it's like the only REASON i know what A DeLorean.
Speaker 3: Is same.
Speaker 5: That car was actually they had to put A porsche engine in it for the film because the ORIGINAL i, FORGET i think it was just a little forebanger and the Actual DeLorean was really underpowered and not it just was kind of a crappy, car like, yeah, Right and they had production issues of the whole. Thing they'd set up a plant In ireland and it was A if you ever watched The DeLorean, documentary it's fascinating because, yeah this movie put that car in the, map but that was a disaster of a time For John, Dolorian.
Speaker 1: Like, right, well AND i saw one of the only reasons they used that car was because they want they needed it to make it seem like it would be an alien spacecraft with the doors.
Speaker 5: Coming up like, That, yeah the calling doors on the.
Speaker 3: Sides. Yeah so which those are sweet since for SURELY.
Speaker 1: I saw one kind of funny thing just. That The Universal pictures head his name Is Sid. Sheinberg he didn't like the title back to The future and insisted that nobody would see a movie With future in the, title so he suggested changing it To spaceman From, pluto tying in with The martia's alien jokes in the, film and also suggested further changes like replacing The I'm Darth vader From Planet vulcan line WITH I am A spaceman From, pluto And spielberg then thanked him sent him a memo saying thank you so much for the wonderful. Joke everyone got a kick out of, it And sheinberg was then too proud to admit he was, serious gave in to letting the film retain its. Title isn't that? Incredible that's like the perfect example of a producer not really understanding what's going on and but just just, talking just making their statement like they need to. Make it can get frustrating.
Speaker 3: With that kind of. Stuff SO i thought, that do you think do you Think spielberg thought it was a joke or was just, Like i'll tell him it's.
Speaker 1: A, joke that's exactly.
Speaker 3: What, yeah he for, sure what a power move to be, like oh my, god this is such like an obviously stupid. Idea you're.
Speaker 1: GREAT i love it so, much it's so.
Speaker 5: Great, well this is a. Thought When spielberg started to become he just finished the Third Indiana, jones and he was becoming like way more prominent right around the mid. Eighties, yeah so he probably had a little gusto behind him there to be, like you're an.
Speaker 3: Idiot you can throw his weight around a little, bit for. Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, YEAH i mean he was a huge.
Speaker 3: Name by that.
Speaker 1: POINT i saw That Christopher lloyd wanted to do another one of these movies where they would go and travel back to Ancient, rome AND i thought that would have been kind of. Cool but, sure, yeah there's, uh there's a lot of little, things But i'll just go to where other actors were considered for other. ROLES i saw That John lithgow Did Dudley, moore And Jeff goldbloom were all considered For, doc WHICH i could maybe see A Jeff Goldbloom yeah in. THERE i could really see all three of them, really but, yeah it would.
Speaker 3: Be different, Though Like lithgow would be different for, sure but.
Speaker 1: Could be, fun like kind of his character On Third rock from The. Sun, yeah you, know like that could have been fun. Too but it's so hard to not Picture Christopher. Lloyd he was so. GOOD i saw that Apparently Johnny depp auditioned For marty McFly and like Even Bob gail had no. Idea he had to look back at his. Notes he's, like, OH i guess he did. Well he wasn't very memorable if he did. So, initially C Thomas howell was cast for two weeks As martin McFly oh, wow and then even rehearsing With Chrispin glover And Leah. Thompson and then After mask became a surprise, hit the filmmakers Put Eric stoltz in. There but the whole, time like initially they Wanted MICHAEL. J fox and the only reason they couldn't get. Him initially was because he couldn't get out of His Family ties stuff BECAUSE i Think Meredith baxter was pregnant and like so they were really Featuring MICHAEL. J fox on the show at that. Time, sure and THEN i guess stuff kind of got delayed a little. Bit Meredith baxter at her, baby they were able to get back to regular timeline, stuff and so he just Did Family ties and back to The future at the same. Time oh, wow getting like five hours of sleep at night and going from six am to six pm just on this. Film and then, yeah just, crazy.
Speaker 3: Wow that's.
Speaker 5: Great during the filming of the second and third movies because they filmed two and three at the same, time his father passed away and he and he was working like twenty hour days just like, So and wasn't Teen wolf in there somewhere in that.
Speaker 1: Timeframe it would have been, before, Right was that?
Speaker 3: BEFORE i think just slightly, probably BUT i think, BEFORE.
Speaker 5: I mean he was in so.
Speaker 1: Much it's just, yeah that was his, time for, sure he. Was he was a big. DEAL i did also see That Ralph maccio was offered the role Of marty. McFly that would have been. Interesting Joe John cusack was considered as, well and THEN i also saw That Tim robbins was considered for the role Of Biff. Tannon oh, WORKED i don't.
Speaker 5: KNOW i don't. Know he's he's almost too much of a And andy Du, Frene like he's not he's too, straight like he's too much of a straight. Man and he's not as like dumb as as.
Speaker 3: He would have, been more like just mean mean rather than like stupid.
Speaker 1: Mean, YEAH i don't. Know HE i think he could have Done he could have probably done. It like he gets pretty out there and like The hudsucker proxy and he can stretch for. Sure oh that's the. One.
Speaker 3: Yeah is it high fidelity of the one where he's the? Boyfriend absolute super weird that.
Speaker 1: One, yes still pretty straight, though but yeah that's. True, YEAH i MEAN i think they probably. Did they did, well but it would have been kind of fun to see him.
Speaker 3: There but a little live look up. Trivia Apparently Team wolf came out to or like a month after, This oh, wow After back to The, Future so you're, Right, nick way closer not that, Man AND i don't know if they would have delayed it Because back to The future was a bigger movie maybe or. Something, yeah but, yeah that's. CRAZY i didn't know. That.
Speaker 1: Sorry well that's ALL i had for. Trivia do you have anything, Else?
Speaker 5: NATE i Mean i've kind of sprinkled it in throughout the.
Speaker 1: Whole, yeah for.
Speaker 5: Sure there's just so much random trivia That i've read about this movie over the.
Speaker 1: Years that.
Speaker 5: IS i, mean there's so many tiny little bloopers too that you'll. Like the hand THING i always thought was funny because he's looking at his left, hand but it's a right hand in The.
Speaker 1: That's, funny, MAN i did not that is that's really.
Speaker 5: Funny It also he's, playing he's when he hits that high note at the very end of the guitar. Solo, uh it's. NOT i, mean obviously he's just doing a bunch of, stuff so you can't really expect him to get it. Right but not the right. Note, sure nice because he actually is a reasonable guitar player in. General like in number two when he's sitting there he's PLAYING i think he's playing The Huey lewis song when they're in the future and he's sitting in his house and he just gets. Fired he sits down with his guitar and he's But MICHAEL. J fox can play, guitar so he masks it decent compared to some.
Speaker 1: Actors, yeah, sure, yeah it was pretty solid for.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Nice, well then, COOL i think we can go to will there be a? Sequel judgment? Day clearly there, sequels we know, that, right and we also know from that trivia that there's not gonna be any reboots or anything Until zamechas And gale both are. Gone so, yeah let's make it, happen, right? What, NO i don't THINK i understood, that And i'm going. Backwards i'm going to go back in time and delete.
Speaker 3: THAT im so proud THAT i.
Speaker 5: DON'T i don't want a Fourth So i'm okay With Bob gale And Robert semchis.
Speaker 3: Living, yeah AND i hope if they ever do remake, it it's like thirty more years down the line or. Something, yeah for.
Speaker 1: Sure, Nice well that was. Fun let's let's play a. Game are you guys ready to play play?
Speaker 3: Game let's play a little.
Speaker 1: Game so we've never done this on a. Podcast we've only done it or at least on like a regular movie. Podcast we've done it on a movie game. NIGHT i decided to do the alphabet, game WHICH i think we should Call Alpha Dog. Buges how do you feel about? This that's the name of the. Movie that's the two thousand and six Six Nick savetti's film With Bruce, Willis Ben, foster all those. Folks so Alpha. Dog we're gonna call This Alpha. Dog so we're gonna go through the. Alphabet i'm gonna do a THROUGH z for each letter of the. Alphabet i'm gonna give you three clues going from hardest to. Easiest and, uh you have to guess a movie that starts with that. Letter does that make?
Speaker 5: Sense so you're just saying the alphabet and we're naming a.
Speaker 1: Movie, Yeah so like the first one will BE, a and Then i'll give you three clues on what that a movie would. Be, oh and then the next one will BE. B and Then i'll give you three.
Speaker 3: Clues and then we ring in with our.
Speaker 1: Names thank. You you have to ring in with your name SO i know who gets it, first? Gotcha and you can only guess. Once so once you've guessed.
Speaker 3: Once per, Letter, yes once per? Letter all?
Speaker 1: Right are we feeling better about?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Sweet all, right here we, go let's do. This here is A this was in nineteen ninety, four number Two. American it's An american family sports fantasy comedy. Drama according To, wikipedia.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of. Things, Wait, Bukes.
Speaker 1: Bukes air Bud, ooh that's a good. Guess but, no that is in com So bukes cannot. Guess here's the third. Clue it's a remake of the nineteen fifty one film of the same name and Has Danny, Glover Tony, Danza Christopher, lloyd And Joseph Gordon. Levitt and is a baseball. Film, oh son of, Them, Oh, Nathan, Yes angels in the?
Speaker 5: Outfield that is?
Speaker 1: Correct ding ding ding ding. Ding nate's on the, board son of a.
Speaker 3: Gun i'd got, Here bud come. Out that wasn't a terrible.
Speaker 1: Guest it wasn't at.
Speaker 5: ALL i liked this same, ERA i think mid ninety ninety.
Speaker 3: Seven, yeah it was a good.
Speaker 1: Guess angels in the, Outfield angels in the? Outfield all, right here is B this was in nineteen eighty. Nine this is a sci fi. Comedy this Stars Keanu, Reeves Alex, Winter.
Speaker 3: Bukes bill in excellent.
Speaker 1: Adventure that is absolutely. Correct. NICELY i thought for Sure nate would get THAT i was lobbing it up to, You.
Speaker 5: NATE i know, well you said nineteen eighty nine sci, fi AND i was, like back at the future too.
Speaker 3: Nice oh that's a good. ONE i didn't even think about. That that's how.
Speaker 1: All, Right so you guys are tied. Up all. Right here is. C this is in two thousand and. Two it's a biographical crime, film number, three based on the life Of Frank Abognail. Nathan he raised his hand. First, YEAH i catch, You. Nate what's? Up catch? Me if you can catch?
Speaker 3: Me if you can is?
Speaker 1: Correct? Done all? Right here's d etcha nineteen eighty eight An american action, Film The Last. Clue there have been five films With john McClain mukes Die. Hard My heart is. Correct nicely.
Speaker 3: DONE i should have guessed, EARLIER i had. It all.
Speaker 1: Right here IS. E this is in nineteen eighty. Two we got another sci fi. Film oh it's a boy Named. Nope, yeah et e t The. Extraterrestrial nicely. Done way to, go didn't even have to go to the third.
Speaker 3: One all.
Speaker 1: Right here comes. F this is in nineteen eighty. Nine it's a sports fantasy drama, film Bukes field Of, Dreams biggs is, correct ding ding, ding nicely. DONE i like it all, right this is this is. TIGHT i like it very all. Right here's g coming at. You this is in two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Four oh what are you laughing? At the answer that popped in my? Head which clearly is not? Wrong?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool a romantic comedy drama, Film.
Speaker 5: Oh, bukes you're going.
Speaker 3: DOWN i Thought i'm. Scared all, right here we.
Speaker 1: Go Andrew largman is an actor waiter who goes back To New jersey when his mom, dies Starring Zach king And Natalie.
Speaker 5: Portmans got it?
Speaker 1: Wrong is it not?
Speaker 3: State It's Garden? State DO i get? You definitely get? It? No you?
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah that's WHERE.
Speaker 1: I went to elementary.
Speaker 3: SCHOOL i love.
Speaker 1: That this is it really, Yeah Garden City.
Speaker 3: Elementary, sorry you're. Beautiful that was. Strong still got a.
Speaker 1: Chance, yeah Because New jersey is called The Garden, state it's not The Garden.
Speaker 2: CITY i.
Speaker 5: Know it just came out.
Speaker 1: Wrong all, right you can redeem yourself here with h this Is oh, sorry WHAT i was gonna.
Speaker 3: Say the REASON i was laughing is the first movie that popped in my head for.
Speaker 1: G was.
Speaker 3: Like that. STUPID i never even saw. It BUT i was, Like, oh he's gonna try to sneaky by.
Speaker 1: ME i will never Use gili for. THIS i just want you to AND i never saw. That All, right here comes H this is night teen seventy. Eight this is a horror. Film this is The Michael myers horror.
Speaker 3: Franchise, Ohbukes Bukes.
Speaker 1: Halloween halloween is, correct nice laid. Dune all, right here COMES. I this was in nineteen ninety. Seven it's another horror slasher. Film Last. Clue four young friends are stalked by a hook wielding killer one year.
Speaker 3: Abuster, EUGHKES i know what you did last.
Speaker 1: Time that's, correct nicely. Done ohobugs is on a? Roll, NATE i never show that. One, well you're missing. Out this isn't.
Speaker 3: Uh Sara Michelle geller.
Speaker 1: Is Sara Michelle, Geller Jennifer, Love, Hewitt Preddy Brinns, Junior Ryan.
Speaker 3: Phillippy the whole, crew.
Speaker 1: Whole, yeah what are you waiting? For you know that whole scene in the. Rain all, right, cool let's go To jay. Here this is in nineteen ninety. Three this is another science fiction. Film it is now a, franchise but started from The Michael creighton novel with Dinosaurs.
Speaker 5: Jurassic.
Speaker 3: Abuse, Yeah, nate you.
Speaker 1: Can you got, it. Buddy do you see HOW i positioned. MYSELF i put The Jurassic park poster in the.
Speaker 3: Background, NO i try not to make eye.
Speaker 1: Contact all, right here comes K this is in nineteen Ninety this is An american Comedy.
Speaker 3: Last.
Speaker 1: Clue John, kimball a tough, cop works under cover as a teacher to APPREHEND i raised my, Hand, nate you gotta stop raising your.
Speaker 5: HAND i his hand, Was i'll give it to.
Speaker 3: You you got, it.
Speaker 1: Buddy, NO i was looking at you so but from now, on say your?
Speaker 3: Name what do you? Got you're so, Polite.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm and now my brain's parting. Out it's It's Harrison.
Speaker 1: Ford oh, Okay, buggs what do you?
Speaker 3: Got kindergarten, cop kindergarten.
Speaker 1: Copy oh you were thinking Doctor Richard kimball. Fugitive that's.
Speaker 3: Nice that makes.
Speaker 1: Sense, yeah that's, fair makes. Sense i'm with, YOU i got. You all, right let's go to l. Here this was in nineteen ninety. Four this is another family sports, Film.
Speaker 3: Bukes, Bukes Lady.
Speaker 1: Bucks, oh that's a really good. Guess it's not. Right that's a really good guess, Though, oh probably came. Out my guess is that one came out in ninety.
Speaker 3: Two that's my.
Speaker 1: Guess all, right here's the last clue for. You, nate a twelve year old becomes the owner and manager of The Minnesota. Twins Little Big, League little Big league gets, correct, Alright.
Speaker 3: Nate, Night nurses From.
Speaker 1: Jersey, OH i cannot quote that.
Speaker 3: Movie nurses From. Jersey what a. Pull, wow that's.
Speaker 5: OPPRESSIVE i had a friend that loved that, movie SO i saw it a few.
Speaker 1: Times, oh that movie was, great, nice all. RIGHT i remember the Old Metro, dome its was all over. Them all, right here comes am, you. Guys this is nineteen eighty, nine and this is An american sports. Comedy last. Clue a Former Las vegas showgirl inherits The Cleveland indians from her deceased, Husband, nay major league is. Correct nicely, done, BUDDY i thought that was. One but eighty nine eighty nine, nine, yep.
Speaker 5: You can't swear on the. RADIO i love that movie so.
Speaker 3: Much i've seen that. One this guy here's, dead we'll cross him off them.
Speaker 5: That he may run Like, hayes but it's like.
Speaker 1: Nice, oh that coach was so. Great, dude just the most gravelly. VOICE i loved.
Speaker 3: THAT i got a lady on the line about a couple of white walls.
Speaker 5: That it actually might be one of the best comedy sports.
Speaker 3: MOVIES i would, argue just, oh it's so funny.
Speaker 5: All, around that's.
Speaker 1: Hilarious we definitely screwed up not doing that last year in twenty.
Speaker 3: Nineteen, yeah we'll do it on a non.
Speaker 1: Anniversary, yeah we'll definitely do that.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 1: Sweet all, right let's go to end you. Guys this was in two thousand and. Four it's a Historical. Oh, Also i'd made it so that none of them start with the, okay just so we didn't have to do.
Speaker 3: It that's good. Enough, YEAH i should have said that.
Speaker 1: This is a historical theatrical action adventure. Mystery that was a lot. Yep historical action venture. Mystery here is the last. Clue Benjamin gates is a treasure hunter that uncovers hidden Troth, yo big got, you TRA i, Said, NATHAN i heard. BUGS i heard it way. Before we.
Speaker 3: Don't have the capability to do, That.
Speaker 1: Nate, NATE i was looking at zoom and and hearing what's in my? Headphones and it came in there.
Speaker 5: And then a second. Later this is A minnesota. Conspiracy you.
Speaker 3: MIGHT i want you to know. Something there is, delay and ALSO i control the, edit SO i will make sure THAT i am.
Speaker 1: First we must be delayed a little bit because it was very clearly bugs in my. Headphones so, yeah what was?
Speaker 3: That that? Was en? Right national Traditional.
Speaker 1: Treasure, okay here we, go let's go To oh.
Speaker 3: This was as far as me with A nate was. Six, oh it's so.
Speaker 1: CLOSE i love.
Speaker 3: It it is still very. Close all. Right this is two thousand and.
Speaker 1: Three it's An american. Comedy here's the last. Clue three depressed guys in their thirties decide to start a frat and relive their college.
Speaker 3: Days, Oh, Bukes, bukes oldest, School old school is?
Speaker 1: Correct, Nice we got all. Right Here's pete nineteen ninety. One this is an action crime Film Last. Clue an UNDERCOVER fbi agent investigates a group of bank robbers who love to.
Speaker 5: Serve, Oh, nathan, yes point break point break is.
Speaker 1: Correct nicely.
Speaker 3: Dead that took me so long to get that giveaway?
Speaker 1: Club all, right let's.
Speaker 3: Good, job, BUDDY.
Speaker 1: Q i don't. Know, oh we'll see how you guys do on Que Here We, go nineteen ninety. Four this is An american historical film directed By Robert redford and, lastly a true story Of Charles Van doren his rise and fall in THE tv show twenty, one where it came out that it was fixed and he was given the answers ahead of. Time Starring ray Fines, In John. Tutura jesus five four three two. One all. Right this was called Quiz. Show, uh it's a really good. MOVIE a lot of people haven't seen. It, yeah it's a, solid solid film worth. Watching, Ue, okay here comes. R this was nineteen ninety. Three this is a sports comedy. Film Nate Nate rookie The, Year rookie of The year is. Correct oh, wow, yes. JOB i tried to throw in a lot of baseball ones for, you.
Speaker 3: And a lot of sports comedy is happening in the. INITIALS i love.
Speaker 1: It all, Right here comes s At. You this is nineteen ninety. Eight this is an epic war. Film Nate Nate Saving Private Ryan Saving Private ryan is, correct ding ding ding ding. Ding nate's on a. Roll we're tied up a knie oh. Man all, Right here comes t nineteen eighty three is a comedy. Film an upper class commodities broker crosses paths with a homeless street hustler and they switch, you Big, scotch you.
Speaker 3: Buddy Trading.
Speaker 1: Place Trading place is. CORRECT i know you love that.
Speaker 3: Movie what a good.
Speaker 1: One all, right here comes. You this was also in nineteen eighty. Nine, WELL i did another nineteen eighty, one nine one. Earlier, okay this is nineteen eighty. Nine this is also a comedy. Film, Lastly John hughes And John candy plays the screw up relative that helps out During.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ekekes Uncle, Bob.
Speaker 1: Uncle buck is. Correct nicely. Done all, right here we. Go here comes V this was twenty. Fifteen this is a comedy, Film.
Speaker 5: Ding Ding, Ding, Nate, Nate, uh it's a comedy. Crap i'm probably. WRONG i was gonna Say Valentine's.
Speaker 1: Day oh, no you're.
Speaker 3: Wrong you're. Right it's a good one.
Speaker 1: Though so this is grown. Up Rusty griswold surprises his wife and two kids on a cross country road trip To.
Speaker 3: WALLYHO i never saw. THIS i think it's just called. Vacation it's.
Speaker 1: Correct, yep nicely.
Speaker 3: Done was that any? Good did you see?
Speaker 1: It? Yeah it's. Okay it's oh do you?
Speaker 3: Nice, yeah it's it must be pretty. Good it's so.
Speaker 1: Fine it's kind of like where The millers, are like that same kind of.
Speaker 3: Feel it Was Ed helms right as wrestling.
Speaker 1: And Christina applegate AND i would watch. That, YEAH i wonder Why i've never seen.
Speaker 3: It that's.
Speaker 1: Funny, yeah that seems way up your. Rally oh, Cool.
Speaker 3: Niceah it's about like a compendium.
Speaker 5: Mbuition, yeah it was like all the vacation movies and one and that one came with. It so.
Speaker 3: Nice, nice that's.
Speaker 1: Cool all, right you, guys we only have four. Left, whoa here's W this is nineteen ninety. Two this is a. Comedy Wayne campbell And Garth igar have. Dukes Wayne's, World Wayne's world is, correct, man that's ninety. TWO i thought that was too.
Speaker 3: Old, man that's, crazy.
Speaker 1: Dude all. Right so FOR, X i did have to do with the and it's like ex FOR x So nate The, EXTERMINATOR i use that. MOVIE i have no, idea so, yeah so it's gonna be like that BECAUSE i CAN'T i can't find ANY x movies that we haven't used. Already so just letting you know it's gonna be the and THEN. X here we. Go this is in twenty. Ten this is an action. Film this is, written directed And Starr Sylvester stallone also Has Jason, stathan Jet, Lee nate just say your?
Speaker 5: NAME i Keep i'm retracting My.
Speaker 1: Jelph, Londren Terry crews And Mickey rourke and spoiler. Alerts, OH i don't know the name of it, though, okays what's up the? Expendables the expendables is?
Speaker 3: Correct, yes? Nicely. Yes, SECOND i like.
Speaker 1: That all, Right.
Speaker 3: ROB i think going forward we can call that THE x factor and then you could just pick any.
Speaker 1: Letter, oh, OKAY i like that. Too as we're out of there's there's quite a few ex films.
Speaker 3: THOUGH i like that. Though that's all.
Speaker 1: Right two more of you. Guys where are we?
Speaker 3: At?
Speaker 1: Dukes did you win this?
Speaker 3: THING i have fourteen And nate has.
Speaker 1: Nine oh, oh you guys were nine and. Nine you really came on.
Speaker 3: Strong, YEAH i powered, through all. Right, hey you can get the double digits.
Speaker 1: Though, yeah here you. Go here is. Why this is nineteen ninety. Eight this is a rom com and this is the third time That Tom hanks And Meg ryan teamed.
Speaker 5: Up to Go nate you've got, Mail, Nate you've got.
Speaker 1: Mail got? It?
Speaker 3: Oh, NICE i didn't even.
Speaker 1: Think nicely, done, buddy double Digit and lastly two thousand and, one it's an action. Comedy Ben stiller And Owen wilson play, Models, Bukes, bukes Zoom Lander landers. Correct nicely.
Speaker 3: Done it took me a.
Speaker 1: Lot, Whoa so you know that's?
Speaker 3: FUN i got? It was. Great nice, job, Buddy.
Speaker 1: Thanks, BUD i got to. Work, yeah that was. Funny i'm glad That i'm watching BECAUSE i just kept, you just kept seeing you just slowly put his end, up like CAN i play the? Game it was.
Speaker 3: Fun that's WHAT i think is an accept plan to love. It, wow that was.
Speaker 1: That was a good. Time thanks for, playing, guys And bugues gets to h figure out how our draft goes for our. Patrons here in a little, bit which is our top five travel time travel, films WHICH i think is gonna be really.
Speaker 3: Fun, oh it's gonna be a, bloodbath is what it's gonna? Be?
Speaker 1: Rough, YES i think so.
Speaker 3: Bloodbath but, yeah what do we do? Now? Oh now we just do the wrap?
Speaker 1: Up?
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah so yeah that doesn't for back to the. FUTURE i, think, guys that was super.
Speaker 1: Fun that was so much. Fun thanks so much for coming, On nate making YOUR ai. Debut we've been wanting to have you on for so. Long it was really fun getting to talk to you about this movie THAT i know you love so.
Speaker 5: Much you can find me at The Maverick outdoorsman dot. COM i.
Speaker 3: Like. That check it. Out i'm. Ready that's. Hilarious we Have nate's crying. Moments we. Have, yeah, well we want to thank you for coming.
Speaker 5: On.
Speaker 3: Buddy It's Nate. Roadstone. Everybody you guys can find A facebook dot, com Slash Nathan rhoads and At Nathan rhoads on The twitter, machine so make sure to check it.
Speaker 1: Out we appreciate good.
Speaker 3: Time, yes and we'll have you back on For Major league coming up, Sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah Major League field Of. Dreams we're gonna do a bunch of fun. Ones so, yeah we'll definitely have you back. On but that's it For back to The. Future I'm Rob. Lundquist i'm.
Speaker 3: Bugs thank you guys so much for. Listening until we talk to you next. Time in joy the great. Indoors the sun is shining in the.
Speaker 2: Sky we would know because we're so happy. Inside some peoplerow a boat or put on some, skis but we would rather sit on down and talk some.
Speaker 3: Movies we're The Avid.
Speaker 2: Indoorsmen come listen to our show where The Avid indoorsmen at home around the, goal where The. Evidendorsmen we hope you love it, zes.
Speaker 3: So come on in and.
Speaker 1: STAY i will do our best to make you.
Speaker 2: Smile were the ev indoors man