Speaker 1: Welcome to the Nightcap after Xavier Basketball on seven hundred WLW Hey Howdie, Gary, Jeff Walker checking in for just a brief little time tonight. We've got an hour for sports, for the out of Sorts, the wild Man and the fur Ball we'll both be joining us in the hour coming up, and just some reflection on the Nightcap and this show and the things that we've talked about over the last seven eight years. I think we're into our eighth year of doing some night shows here on seven hundred, and it's amazing the ground we've covered in that time, and we're still here for the moment that could all change after tonight. Who knows, but from the scamdemic to an awful, awful malaise of a presidential administration that totally checked out on the American people. They were fine for illegal immigrants, and they were fine for woke causes and all the rest, but basically they checked out on the American people. And Kamala Harris paid for that with a loss this month to Donald Trump, who actually listened and spoke to the American people. My point is that we're still here, we're still going, we're still ticking. We took our licking, and America still is standing strong and moving in the right direction again, and thank God, praise God for that. We are very, very resilient as a country. But we definitely could not have stood four more years of Marxism in the White House and in the corridors of power in our nation's capital. But we've survived. We are survivors. We are the ones who made the trip across the oceans in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries to come settle this country, to build this country. We were the ones who left the East coast and headed out into wilderness in the middle of this country and on to the rest of the continent, from coast to coast. There were a lot of people who did not make it. A lot of people were not the enduring kind of rough tumble Americans that embody today's American spirit and will embody the next comeback, which we all pray is going to happen here in just a couple of months when Donald Trump and the new Congress take office. But whatever comes our way, we will find a way around it, over it, or through it, because we are the survivors of the planet. Look across the globe America and it's been a short ride comparative to other countries and cultures. I understand this, but after almost two hundred and fifty years, we're still going strong. And the smart money wasn't on us. When the founders began the United States of America. The smart money was, well, that'll devolve into chaos and nonsense in about twenty years or so, and they'll come back to the kings and monarchs. They'll come back to the hierarchy. That was Nope, not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture, Thank you, George H. W.
Speaker 2: Bush.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the wild Man is on the way in just a few sit tight, take hold, Let's roll on seven hundred WLW wild Man Sports for the out of sort and bonus trivia quiz. You can play along at home if you'd like. It's a multiple choice wild Man in the Sun like that. In the seventies, you were how old. I mean it's we're talking about twenty, okay, so you were into your twenties at least into the tail end of the nineteen seventies. I voted in the first My first presidential election was nineteen eighteen. I voted for Ronald Reagan. So that tells you where I was. But I was a weird little kid. I followed current events. The other kids are listening to music and playing sports, and I did a little bit of that. But I also was very well aware of what was passing for news, let's say, in the big major events. So see how you do? All right? Question one wild man? Who was the heiress that participated in a bank robbery in San Francisco April fifteenth, nineteen seventy four? Was it?
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's so easy, Patty Hurst, because I was out in California working at that point.
Speaker 1: Patty Hurst is correct, very good. Can you recall the athlete who triumphed in the decathlon event at the nineteen seventy six Olympics.
Speaker 4: Oh, that was that guy that ended up being a woman.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, it was Bruce Now Caitlin Jenner? All right, haven't gone to the multiple choices?
Speaker 4: Have you seen? Have you seen him or her lately?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I mean it's oh my god. If he looks at the mayor, the mayor has to crack. It is awful.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not a good look. I agree. Oh I did answer the question above. What are you talking about Oh, I've got to actually all right? Question number three? Question number three, Yes, continue the quiz in the summer of nineteen seventy two, which renowned American actress visited the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and subsequently got a nickname that's not too.
Speaker 4: U Jamee Vonda's remind.
Speaker 1: Me had spanked oh, even even at your age, even at her age.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, I think she'd like it.
Speaker 1: Would you like it, though, wild Man? Now I like it too? In which show would you hear the phrase kiss my grits uttered by a waitress name flow? Was it Diner Days waitress, Wonders Brewster or Alice? Alice? Very good, wild Man?
Speaker 4: And that was a guest because I didn't watch that show.
Speaker 1: What was the name of the group that abducted newspaper publisher Randall Hirst's daughter Patty in nineteen seventy four? Harmy, right off the bat, you're good man, You're good.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's see talking to wild Man the seventies trivia quiz. Since the Bengals had a bye week and we're looking ahead and wild Man still thinks they're going to make the playoffs, can you recall the name of the place where a partial core meltdown occurred at a US nuclear power plant in nineteen seventy nine. Was it give me the names because I know it's a word, Galania, Mackinaw Island, three mile Island, San o Ona Freud, three mile, three mile Island. That's right, very good? Which night? Ooh this may stump you wild Man, which nineteen seventy three movie earned Tatum O'Neill an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress at the ag Paper.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've seen Paper about fifty times.
Speaker 1: I loved that she starred with her dad.
Speaker 4: Oh, it.
Speaker 1: Really is selling the Bible, and.
Speaker 4: Block and White is selling Bibles. Yea, Moses Moses Moses Tray was his name.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're going you get extra ports. You get extra points for Noan Rhinos, Neil's name and Paper Moon. During the by Centennial celebration in nineteen seventy six, an event took place July fourth in Philadelphia where President Ford gave a speech in the presidence of a distinguished guest, including members of Congress, Mayor Rizzo, and governors. The event was hosted by an actor famed for his biblical roles. Can you name this actor?
Speaker 4: Give me that give me the I think I know who it is.
Speaker 1: Robert Taylor, Yule Brynner, Richard Burton or Charlton Heston.
Speaker 4: Oh, without a doubt, Charleston Heston.
Speaker 1: Get your hands off me, you damn dirty ape? All right? Who was the twenty nine year old who won the World Championship of chess by defeating Russian master Boris Spotski in nineteen Sure? Who was just a lunatune?
Speaker 3: He was?
Speaker 4: He was a goopa. He was he was not he was he wasn't all there at all?
Speaker 5: No, you know what?
Speaker 1: And a very sad ending to his life too. Which two sides were involved in the nineteen seventy three October War Americans and Soviets, Greeks and Romans, English and Irish, or the Israelis and the Arabs.
Speaker 4: Well, Israelis and Arabs.
Speaker 1: Man, you're ten for ten, I'll tell you what we'll do one more.
Speaker 4: This is easy. I'm not going gry chef. His history was my favorite subject in high school.
Speaker 1: I got I thought your favorite subject was Pete Rose.
Speaker 3: That too, I've got I get double a's constantly, but history, American history and high school I got a's.
Speaker 1: And b's wild man will switch gears here.
Speaker 3: That one of these days we can do in World War two, uh trivia, and I'll just now every question.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'll be fun. I will come up with some queries for you for next time, wild Man. That sounds fun because I love history. That's for ten.
Speaker 4: Mark it down, pow ten.
Speaker 2: For ten bam bam bam.
Speaker 1: All right, wild Man. Is that time of the year in the NFL when the cream starts to rise to the top and you see who the real, the real contenders are and you see who the pretenders are are the Washington Commands are the Washington Commanders now pretenders After they lost to Dallas, they.
Speaker 4: Might have taken a step back yesterday.
Speaker 3: I still can't believe how the Cowboys won that game on that on that dumb on side on the side kick. I'm not a like that rule where you're going to tell them that they're gonna you're gonna do that too, but.
Speaker 4: Notiki was just completely botched the other game. The ball just took all gone.
Speaker 1: The other game that I thought was surprising to me was the Tennessee Titans going into Houston and beating C. J. Stroud and the Texans. That was that was kind of an outlier game compared to the ones that really asserted their power. Philadelphia asserted their dominance of Los Angeles Rams, and.
Speaker 4: They sure did.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: There was a ton of Eagles fans there too.
Speaker 1: We know we had Cleveland beat Pittsburgh last Thursday, but I think that's a that's a fluke.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Cleveland actually has a decent defense.
Speaker 3: But Pittsburgh just Mike Mike Talman, you know on on uh Sunday night games of Thursday night games something like that when they play the Browns record that they can't for some reason, they've always had trouble beating the Browns.
Speaker 4: But I look at it this way.
Speaker 3: If Cleveland can beat the brown because Cleveland can beat the Steelers in Pits and Cleveland, Okay, yeah, all right, and the Bengals beat Cleveland in Cleveland, the Bengals gonna beat.
Speaker 4: The Steelers here. They can't.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 4: Steelers are good, Yeah, they are.
Speaker 3: Good, but they're not They're not no offensive juggernaut. It's gonna come down to their defense against our offense. Let's be honest here, to defense against our all.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you think that the Bengals could finish nine and eight and still get a wild card spot.
Speaker 4: I'm not good. I'm gonna so I'm gonna take one. I'm gonna take this game.
Speaker 3: That's the most important one of the bunch, because the other ones you never know. You would play in Dallas and playing Tennessee, you never know it's gonna They've they've had the week off to prepare to get healthy. U. I think that your boys, Zach Taylor's already come out and said the next six games are gonna be You're gonna see a different Bengals team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna find out. We're gonna find out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Nixon had a secret planned in the Vietnam War and the.
Speaker 3: YEA and there was and there was no nuclear weapons, and then there was no nuclear there was a nuclear weapons Remember in Iraq, there were nuclear weapons in Iraq.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, okay, well that's that's a different presidency, a different war. But what I was asking about was you and the Bengals. You're not going to make any predictions that they're going to make this this amazing. So you're not shot, You're not delusional like a lot of Bengals fans I've heard in the last couple of in fact, they've got.
Speaker 4: A shot, but they gotta gotta beat the Steelers.
Speaker 3: And then I think the week after that they played at Dallas, and Dallas stinks there, but they're pathetic. And then after that they're going to come back here, I think and play the Broncos. Broncos are pretty tough. I mean, the Raiders hung with them for a while.
Speaker 4: Yesterday. I was hoping the Raiders would pull over the upset.
Speaker 3: And you got the you know, you got the Browns back here, and then you gotta go play the Steelers and then you got there's one part.
Speaker 4: Of the Titans, and you got the Titans. But you gotta you go. You must have to win out. You really do they have to win out? Can they do it? Maybe? I don't know. It depends on that defense. The defense is going to tell the story. And we haven't seen anything but.
Speaker 1: No Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow puts up all Star records, all proh passing game almost in every game that he suits up. And the Bengals still with you. The Bengals still can't win, wild man, They just can't win.
Speaker 3: But well, just's beat the Steelers. Let's beat the Steelers on a Sunday. And here's here's the thing about it. On Sunday, Gary Jeff. But that half that stadium we filled with Steeler fans because a lot of Bengel fans I know, and they're not dumb. They sell their tickets because that Steeler fans will pay top dollar. That way, it pays for half their season tickets.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And and my buddy, my buddy, motor Head rest his soul, would sell his four seats every year to somebody out of Pittsburg, he said, and almost paid for my season tickets for the year.
Speaker 1: I would trade the tickets for the top dollar money and they'd have to give me a terrible towel so I could wipe with it, so I could wipe my rear end with it, wild Man.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: A lot of the will be a lot of those down there, and they'll probably be outside for sale.
Speaker 1: Also, why wild Man, as you may have heard earlier, loves the Jonathan India trade.
Speaker 4: And oh I don't.
Speaker 1: I think it stinks and thinks and thinks that the Bengals are going to make the playoffs. You've heard it here.
Speaker 4: But I am Trivia king for the first time.
Speaker 1: You are ten for ten baby, good life, good looking out wild Man. Have a good night, all right, lad Let's see the fur Ball is coming up next on seven hundred WLW in this abbreviated nightcap. There's always room for Furman, He's like, I don't know what what there's always room for There's always room for Andy Furman on the nightcap, for sure. And he's back again with the vengeance. I can tell he's just torqued up and ready to go. He can't wait to charge out of the gates and get this conversation started.
Speaker 2: Fur Ball.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 5: Are you ready for Thanksgiving week? I mean kind of a semi chef, I mean, are you ready? Are you doing the I am a.
Speaker 1: I am a Thanksgiving traditionalist. We will have turkey at my house. We will have dressing that I make. They always call it stuffing, but I don't stuff inside the bird. That's really not it's not sanitary.
Speaker 2: And it's at the table. You stuff yourself at the table.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I stuffed my my personal bird at the table and it goes, it goes past the beak, and it goes down the gullet and then it's in my stomach and it's yummy tummy time. No I have. I'm going to make homemade mashed potatoes and homemade gravy. My Brussels sprouts are a favorite of anyone who's had Gary Jeff Thanksgiving dinner. What I do is I after I rinse them off and I have them cut them in half and then put them in a sauce tape pan with butter and red wine and garlic and bacon andy there just to die. They get caramelized on the bottom. We'll have a pumpkin pie and some cool whip, and we're doing it at home. This year. It's the first year. Got twelve of the last thirteen years I have cooked the Thanksgiving meal and transported it to the bar that I work in a Newport. This year, wow, this year, we're not doing that.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 1: We're staying So are you are you?
Speaker 2: Are you going open? No?
Speaker 1: No, the bar is not open.
Speaker 5: I'm going to my niece. My niece is hosting Thanksgiving for the family in Georgetown, Kentucky, and we actually close it to Lectionington Letsington, Kentucky really.
Speaker 2: Actually and then normally normally we do it at our home. But she's taking over and that's great. A little less pressure on my wife. Well, it looks is good, so we'll be good.
Speaker 1: Let me let me ask you this, because we really didn't have any plans to go anywhere Thursday. But I'm thinking I would much rather have somebody else cook the meal and just show up and not have to clean or anything. Is there two more spaces we could have it?
Speaker 5: Your nieces, I'm sure that, I'm sure that you could come. And obviously their family is so big they probably fig you're a relative.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well what does one do on a Bengals bye week? Does one reflect on the season so far and project of the season.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know what all I hear is now, if the Bengals win the next six games, Fox Sports says they got a seventy one percent chance to go to the playoffs. You know, I'm up with the speculation. I don't want to hear about that they didn't play. It's great for them to have a week off get their head together, but it's great for the fans to have a week off as well. And I was watching football yesterday and I'm watching the Philadelphia Eagles, yes all right, and and the sae Quon Barkley right now has something like sixteen hundred plus rushing yards for the season's on pace to rush for two and fifty one yards, got sixteen hundred and forty nine yards and scrimmage and now the chanting MVP. All right, and the last running back to win an MVP was Adria Peterson. And I'll say this, I mean the MVP in the National Football League. You know, it's a nice trophy, it's nice to have. I'm sure players would rather have a Super Bowl ring, But the MVP is very similar to the Heisman.
Speaker 2: Trophy in college. What do I mean by that?
Speaker 5: Normally a quarterback atser's a quarterback award, And I thought Saint Kwon Barkley would definitely get the Offensive Player of the Year award.
Speaker 2: I think he certainly deserves the MVP. But the irony of.
Speaker 5: The whole situation is this, for the last several years, people were saying their running back position in football is overrated, it's diminishing, it's going to disappear. Well, look what's happened right now. You got a guy like Saint Kwon Barkley was basically kicked to the curb. But at New York Football Giants, he was only seventy percent of their offense a year ago.
Speaker 2: They let him go.
Speaker 5: Obviously they're going to fire their coach, and they got rid of their quarterback. They got Tommy DeVito, and I was quarterback in the club. Daniel Jones is out on the street. He's looking for a job. They got rid of him, and they got rid of Saquon Barkley. Then all of a sudden, Tennessee lets Henry go. Derek Henry's gone, and he's leading to Baltimore Ravens. So you got two running backs with over fifteen hundred yards right now doing that on teams that didn't want them anymore. And you're telling me the running back positions unvaluable. He can't win in the cold weather without a running back.
Speaker 1: Joe Mixon is on pace to have fourteen hundred yards rushing this year and the Bengals let him go.
Speaker 5: Right, It's an amazing situation. And I think, you know, what goes around comes around. People are gonna saying, you know what, this running back position is a little more valuable than me think.
Speaker 2: You know what does the running back do?
Speaker 5: Takes the pressure off the quarterback, opens up the run, opens up the passing game, but more than that, if you have the lead, it keeps the obvious offense, the opposing offense off the field by running up the clock, you know, running down the time. The running back is so important that I don't understand why there hasn't been much more, you know, interest in it, except perhaps salary wise. You don't hear these running backs arguing and sitting out and demanding more money. It's always the quarterback and the receiver.
Speaker 1: No, it's those, It's mostly the receivers. Quarterbacks, I think I have nothing more justified. But the receivers are divas. You're absolutely correct. I've said this for years. You know, a receiver, a wide receiver, has one great electric year and then he wants thirty million dollars and if he gets paid thirty million dollars, he's never the same again. And you've seen it over and over and over again in the league.
Speaker 2: There was something by you.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was listening to the radio just the other day, and I think it was one of the iHeart stays. I know it's sports tal whatever it may have been, you know, just just a comment, and I believe the host said something to the effect that looking at the Bengals in the future and the next year says they'll probably sign Jamar Chase for forty million dollars. And see, he's worth forty million dollars. I was in the car listening and almost drove up the world because I'll tell you right here and now, no one, no one on God's green Earth, is worth forty million dollars doing anything, an astronaut, the president, you name the position, what the person may do, No one's worth forty million dollars. So the term worth was ridiculous. It was foolish for it to say that now he may get forty million dollars because that's the going rate of that position. But don't tell me he's worth forty million dollars. That, to me is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Speaker 1: Whatever the market will bear, Andy, it's capitalism, get used to it.
Speaker 5: Used right, No, you're right. But is he worth it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Not worth it?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 5: I mean think about it, I mean worth millions. He's worth that's what the market bears.
Speaker 1: He's worth what anybody is willing to.
Speaker 2: Pay, Andy, right, But that that position is not worth it.
Speaker 5: He's worth it in the minds of those who pay him. And what other in that position.
Speaker 2: Get that's what he's worth. He's not worth it just to say I'm a running back.
Speaker 5: Pay me is no, that's the going rate of running backs because of the contractual situations and TV money brought it to the National Football League. That's what it is. I didn't think, for example, the USFL. Yeah, the USFL running backs are not getting forty thousand, let alone forty million, right pay position? Right?
Speaker 1: Sure? Well, I mean I don't think Stormy Daniels was worth one hundred and thirty thousand dollars. But that's why you got to bring her up.
Speaker 5: Why is that always on every single show we do? That has to be pulled up.
Speaker 1: On the show.
Speaker 5: Get out of the gutter the first time the gut.
Speaker 1: This is the first time I've referenced Stormy Daniels over at last week.
Speaker 5: And I tell you something, honestly, as a friend.
Speaker 2: It doesn't do you any good.
Speaker 5: It doesn't do you. It makes you sound dirty, It really does. It makes me sound dirty.
Speaker 1: I said somebody's name, and it makes me down dirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, associate her.
Speaker 5: I started associated with dirt, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, let it go.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't say anything the highway.
Speaker 5: Stay in the main lane of the highway, don't take any detours.
Speaker 1: So I'm not going to give you the p Diddy quiz now.
Speaker 2: But he's an idiot, So why do you bring up these stupid people?
Speaker 5: He's a bump. Really, they're in the news during the infatuated with these idiots?
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, So I just got off the phone with wild Man and you can send me on.
Speaker 2: Why do I follow him?
Speaker 1: Because you're the you're the lead act, You're the top of your you get top of you.
Speaker 4: He's the only hand.
Speaker 1: Sure, he's he's listening to this right now and he's in undercard my ass. By god, I'll show him and this will this will light of huse that I won't be able to put out next week. Thanks Sandy.
Speaker 5: But anyway, you should have an alternate days. Perhaps maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, tonight was the night since we had Xavier basketball. I got, I got an hour's worth the show. I figure it's a perfect fit basketball and guys that talk about sports. So you guys got the got the call this week. So anyway, what I was gonna do? He was complaining and complaining and up and down about the Red's trade of Jonathan India so I want you to ruminate on that for a moment. We will come back and do another segment and I'm gonna give you a trivia quiz that Wild wild Man passed with flying colors. We'll see how Andy Furman does on the other side. It's the Nightcap sports for the out of sorts and Andy is just getting to the point where he is out of sorts with me and I love it. Seven hundred WLW. It's the fur Ball on the Nightcaps shortened by XAVI or Basketball Tonight on seven hundred WLW Garry Jeff with Andy. Can I can I call you Andrew or what would you prefer to be called?
Speaker 5: You could coolly, mister Furman if you want to doctor Furman, whatever you want to.
Speaker 1: And I mean, really, but you're not a doctor? Is that like doctor Jill.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go for my PhD online.
Speaker 1: Piled high and deep. That fits you perfectly. There you go, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: This is a seven This is.
Speaker 1: A seventies current events trivia quiz.
Speaker 5: I don't know, you know what, Honestly, I'll probably fail it because I don't I'm not a trivia buff and you.
Speaker 2: Know, my mind's cloudy. But that's fine.
Speaker 5: I'll give it a shot. Yeah, because I think here's here's the problem. Let me the prefaces before wake it into it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: You know people who do hosts, not the audience, but people who do sports talk radio. Not a lot of them, but some of them. And while Man's one of them, they're all objective.
Speaker 2: They think that the more.
Speaker 5: Sports I know, the better I am. All right, it doesn't work that way. I don't let you want a little secret. Sports talk hosts on radio are nothing more than a newspaper columnists behind the microphone. You go on there with an opinion about something, and you skew your opinion.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: It's not about how much sports I know.
Speaker 2: It's not about how.
Speaker 5: Many games this picture won in nineteen ninety two or who won this championship back then, because I don't need to know that.
Speaker 2: I have the computer to do that for me.
Speaker 5: But that's okay, you understand. I mean, on my deal, Are you on the same page with me with that?
Speaker 1: Oh, capeche, I get it totally. But we have opinions all the time that we fire back and forth, and there are a lot of people who listen to your takes and agree that you you don't know very much about sports, but they enjoy listening anyway, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: No, No, you can know a lot about sports and have an opinion of sports, but you don't have to know a whole lot of intellectual statistics and records. I don't know what Ted Williams batted in nineteen fifty four? Is it important?
Speaker 4: Though it was?
Speaker 2: I google it and find out. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think the following questions you're going to ask me, I probably don't know any of the answers because I don't care.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean anything to me.
Speaker 5: I can't name three players in FC Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Why I don't care? Andy.
Speaker 1: These are not sports questions. These are just current events news questions. For example, for example, at which US university did an anti war demonstration become violent in nineteen seventy Was it Harvard, Portland State, Columbia University or Kent State State? Yeah? See that's not bad, is it?
Speaker 2: It's great? So you I think this is you know what.
Speaker 5: I don't mind doing this, and even if I get it wrong, I don't mind. But I think for the listener to listen to this.
Speaker 2: Is boring, all right, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well this maybe this will prove I think of a.
Speaker 5: Listener all the time when I'm on the radio. If I'm a listener, I'm in my car. I put this off right now, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: During the early nineteen seventies, an eye opening trend required participants to be unclothed. The trend even made an appearance at the nineteen seventy three Oscar teleg cast. Can you name this shocking fad?
Speaker 2: Streaking?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: See, this is good. I mean I just wanted to check and see. Oh. In the late nineteen seventies, you probably were there. Steve Rubell opened a prominent disco in New York that became the ultimate place to be four excellent, excellent Furman scores. Again, these aren't these? Aren't that difficult? What nineteen seventy three horror movie caused theater patrons to become so scared that some of them even vomited or fainted?
Speaker 4: Was it the Ship?
Speaker 1: Was it the Shining? Was it Jaws? Was it the Exorcist? Or the Hills Have Eyes?
Speaker 2: I don't quote the Exorcist?
Speaker 1: You are correct? Oh wow, all right, let's see the line. These are the takes, These are the Campbells is from what nineteen seventies television show Chester Soap Bert or Benson.
Speaker 2: Benson. It was so.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right? One more the United States involvement and what conflict officially concluded on January twenty eighth, nineteen seventy three, due to the signing of the Paris Peace Agreement. Was it the Afghan War, the Iraq War, the Korean War, or the Vietnam War?
Speaker 2: The Vietnam War?
Speaker 1: Correct, you're good. See, you don't too bad with trivia. You only missed one and that was a horror movie, which.
Speaker 2: Is what was the TV show? Absolutely, it's the TV show I missed.
Speaker 1: Which is exactly what you See's football season has become a horror movie.
Speaker 5: So they I'm glad you brought that up because I can't believe what's happening there. You see football, and the question has to be asked, you know, not so much. I don't want to see a guy get fired. You never want to see some get fired, you know, just just the nature is terrible. It really is in any business. But the thing was, weren't you better off being a big fish in a little pond when you went to like the time bowl games for championships, and then when they did that. I'm not comparing coaches whatsoever. I'm just saying that you were in the AAC, the American Athletic Conference, and you dominated that. Obviously, the money wasn't as good as you're getting now in the Big twelve, but you were competitive. And right now you know you're selling out and the fans. I mean, sure, the par ticket prices are more than they were when you were.
Speaker 2: In the AAC, and you're not delivering.
Speaker 5: You were five and two with one more game to win to be a Bowl eligible, and now you're five and six. Obviously you're not gonna go to a bowl game. I just don't see it happening right now. And there's look a lot of dissension there. And here's the deal. You know, when they lost their coach, well, Luke Fickl went and obviously he's in trouble now. Chrise Wisconsin law Saturday to Nebraska and Nebraska's nothing to ride home again either. Because Nebraska finally got into a bowl game. They got there six to win on Saturday.
Speaker 2: But when Luke.
Speaker 5: Fickle left, I heard they were gonna do a nationwide search. They didn't do a nationwide search. They did an I seventy one search, They went down I seventy went to Louisville, and they got sat a Field. And I'm not saying he's the best of the worst, but you could have waited and get someone else. And now with the buyouts, I don't know if you see and the alums obviously are upset, but I don't know if the buyouts going out there they have enough money to pay this guy to go away. That's what you have to do, the buyout millions. So they're stuck with the guy. There's probably a very nice man.
Speaker 4: I wish, I.
Speaker 1: Wish, I wish I could find a job where they would pay me to go away. I got it, I got a I got a severance once and I was still on the payroll.
Speaker 5: I don't tell you that. And a lot of people that would pay who would pay you to go away, but not to work, just pay you to go away.
Speaker 1: That's very unfortunate and very unfortunate and very unkind of you to insult me in the middle of my show. That's I mean, that's what I can't believe.
Speaker 4: Let's get I.
Speaker 2: Watched the game.
Speaker 5: They lost forty one to fifteen, I know, all right.
Speaker 2: To Kansas State Kansas and.
Speaker 5: The score was worse than I actually looked at. I mean, it really was. They were down at one point in time, but with ten nothing at the first quarter, they're there like thirty nothing.
Speaker 2: That was was thirty ten.
Speaker 5: They lost, they lost the desire to play. They quit and I hate to use that word fas at least they quit, they really did. They just didn't care anymore, and I think that falls on the coach and they just they're not happy, and you're going to see not only the coach maybe getting the acts. I don't know, But the biggest problem is a lot of these players are going to go into that Portland lead. Do you start with square one all over again.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot of gamers left anymore in sports. They are very few and far between. One of those gamers, according to our previous guest, was Jonathan India and baseball, and he was just he's still hopping mad about this trade that sent India away. What did you think about the trade the Reds made?
Speaker 5: Just to say, I thought that the trade had to be done because number one, there's a backlog of infielders, including second baseman he can't play anyplace else but second base. And you're getting a guy who logged almost one hundred and eighty innings and he's going to be a workhorse.
Speaker 2: And he's a hell of a pitcher. I mean, what do you want?
Speaker 5: Pits pitching, that's what gets you done. They didn't will with Johnson. Indya, Okay, good guy, nice guy. You know he'll probably be a lead up guy over there. Career at batting average about two fifty to fifty three. I mean, he does happened to get on base, he does that, and he's a good leader. He was a really good leader and well lighting the ball club.
Speaker 2: But bye bye, there's a loggy in there. Where's he gonna play? And he just plays second base? And there's too many.
Speaker 5: They got three guys that are ready to play second base. You could have get a front line pitcher.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, that's what it's all about, now, mun This guy play a pitture one hundred seventy nine innings and struck out like one hundred and seventy seven batters and one hundred and seventy nine innings.
Speaker 2: He's a workhorse.
Speaker 1: Wildman City was closely akin to Frankie Montash.
Speaker 2: You know what the wait, Look the next game the wild Man scouts.
Speaker 5: Or the next player he signed be his first. All right, I mean I understand he's a fan. You know why he's upset. He probably has Jonathan India's bibblehead. That's why he's upset. Really, and I love the guy. I love wild Man Walker, but grow up. See what the team needs. They need pitching. You don't move without pitching and a football.
Speaker 2: You don't move around a quarterback.
Speaker 5: It's easy as that, it really is.
Speaker 1: Or or in your case and you made earlier, you don't. You don't necessarily win in the NFL without a good running back. See we've come full circle with the running back.
Speaker 5: But you look at the teams in the National Football League that don't have quarterbacks, I mean they don't win. I mean it's as easy as guy, you look at Carolina than not winning. I mean that's the way that I look at Denver. They're coming alive now. This bone Nitz is the real deal.
Speaker 2: I mean that Denver's a threat. They're good now.
Speaker 5: Brandon Payn's a hell of a coach.
Speaker 1: Brandon Allen was no brock party yesterday, and it showed ultimately in that game against Green Bay, all right, and forgot that once again. Thank you for insulting me, Thank you for telling people to turn their radios off in the middle of a bit that I to propose.
Speaker 5: To And I would you want to hear somebody like myself to cutch trivia? Come on, really, grow up to You're better than that. You are better than that.
Speaker 1: You are with a couple of drinks in me. I think it would be incredibly entertaining to listen to you do trivia. But I'm sober, all right, fur Ball, take care, all right. You can't spell furman without f you. And with that we leave you with our national anthem, the Star Spangled Banner to honor America, a full nightcap tomorrow from nine to midnight on seven hundred w l W