Speaker 1: In This League presents the NFL Draft Prospect podcast Bug chugg It Football. Here's your host, Scott Vogmin.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everybody, Part two of the In This League Mock Draft three point zero where I Scott Bogmin and c K my buddy at CPI E p S on the Twitter machine did one hundred picks, three full rounds, and of course we recorded the first half and as soon as we're done recording that Denver trades for Jalen Wattle. Good trade for Denver. I think in Minnesota or Minnesota, Miami is doing the absolute teardown. So we still, unfortunately for this mock have Denver with those picks. But what are your thoughts on the overall trade of Jaalen Wattle going to Miami. Are going from Miami to Denver?
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 3: I think it makes it much less likely that we see aj Brown getting traded. That doesn't seem as likely to me anymore. I think the value return, at least the value unless his contract is really that prohibitive. I don't know if I see him being traded for anywhere close to the return that I think it's worth. Because I love Jalen Wattle. I think he's great. I think that he's not the same Calbaler or of wide receiver yet of aj Brown, simply because of size. So the return that Denver had to give up was a first, a third, and a fourth I believe, and they got like a fifth back as well in the trade. It's good for Jayalen Wattle. He should be the top target getter I would expect in Denver. And it fits well with what they I mean, you've been saying it for a while. They needed speed. No one will question Jalen Widdle speed, and Courtland Sutton's the big receiver, and then you have all these other guys that just kind of plug in in their specific roles. Troy Franklin, Marvin mmms, yep, Pat Bryant, Right, all these guys that are kind of probably best suited as number three utility role type of things, and that's where they slot in now. So I like it for Denver. For Miami, I thought Jalen Wabble was one of the building block pieces along with Malik and Divine h Chan, but apparently not Smith.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's all that's left on the menu, right, It's suck for Jeremiah Smith for Smith they have, they have Malik Willis they signed this year. So it's not you know, tank for Arch or anybody else. You know, this is the same team that brought to you, brought you tank for Tua that also did not work.
Speaker 1: So I don't know the.
Speaker 3: Room is so now it is Jalen Tolbert to to at well in Malik yikes.
Speaker 1: Who is your number one? Probably Greg Dulcic, right, like it's discussed on.
Speaker 3: We'll just touch the ball like you know for the five eight hundred and ninety pound running back or whatever. It's like a one hundred like thirty five times a game, twenty five carries and ten receptions a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is the full Christian McCaffrey treatment, right Like, uh so, now really, I mean, you know in our draft for uh this team, the Dolphins that we already have gone through, but just to go back and look at it, we gave them I want a hood Antonio Williams, Kiln Rutledge, D'Angelo ponds. That first pick could easily be a wide receiver now, wouldn't be shocking. The second pick could be a wide receiver. That thirty that they have now, so there are going to be a lot of different moves, but like I said, we don't have that in this mock, so apologies for that. But let's dive back in to what we did here and we'll start at team number eighteen. That's the Minnesota Vikings. We gave Caleb Banks, sintior defensive lineman, Derek Moore the edge thrusher, Mike Washington the running back from Arkansas, and Chandler Rivers at ninety seven the cornerback from Duke. Caleb Banks a big need for this team. They did bring back Redmond, but Levi Trick Rodriguez is the current nose tackle, so that is going to need at least some depth, another edge rusher for a team that blitzes the most. Mike Washington in to replace Aaron Jones who did re sign, but it's him and it's Jordan Mason. Neither one of those guys were very impressive last season. And then Chandler Rivers are always looking for a corner So your thoughts on the Minnesota Vikings draft here.
Speaker 3: In this case, Caleb Banks drops a little bit with the foot in jury and that only helps the Vikings. In this case, big huge defensive tackle that he is, they'd only have one defensive tackle on the roster right now, that's at least three hundred pounds that played any some significant stats, and that was Levy Drake Rodriguez, Jalen Edmonds kind of smaller, so they could use a bigger player like Caleb Banks, Derek Moore more pass rush for the team. Like you mentioned that Blitz is neither of Aaron Jones or Jordan Mason can are reliable enough to stay healthy for all seventeen games. Aaron Jones is still good, but he's got injury concerns and it's more of a rotational back at this point than someone you want to take a full workload. And Jordan Mason is always injured when he gets a full workload. So I could really see them getting running Mike Washington makes a lot of sense. But even trading up if Jeremia Love starts to slip or something like that, try to see if you can move up. I think he would be This is a team that could really use a lena and running back, And you mentioned cornerback's been a need for a long time here. They got your buddy James Pier, My buddy James Pierre, but Jan the Rivers also fits in what they need. He is a slat cornerback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would fit very well. And you're right.
Speaker 2: I mean with the quarterback struggles that they've had the last two seasons and you know, bringing Kyler in and hoping that he's going to make a difference. If he doesn't, it would really be nice to have a run game to lean on because the defense is pretty good. So I'm with you. Let's go to pick nineteen the Carolina Panthers. We gave them KENYANSI dec I picked nineteen, engineering a price at pick fifty one and Billy Strout at pick eighty three. So the opposite of what they did last season where they spent everything on the defensive side, we are going with some or two seasons ago, I guess I was, but we're going to the offensive side of the ball for the Carolina Panthers. And you know, uh, I think you mentioned it as we're doing it. Kenyans Adike to the Panthers is not something that you've seen a lot. Is it because he doesn't last as long or because the Panthers just they need a lot on defense. Still, they need some parts on offense, so usually tight end a skip because they do have five on the roster right now.
Speaker 3: I think it's just that we don't tend to give them a tight end. We don't look at tight and we think that it's been a couple of years of them that they drafted Jatavian Sanders, but we haven't really seen him get a whole lot of run, and when he has been out there, he hasn't been all that good. He's been kind of nicked up. Mitchell Evans, you mentioned him on the roster, Tommy Tremble. They have tight ends on the roster, but none of them are to the level of Kenyan Sidek. As far as a weapon, last year we had a Tederroll McMillan that worked really well. Let's try it again. Let's add another weapon for Bryce Young and get him Kenyon Sadek, a big wide receiver, a tight end. This is a start of trying to help build the offense for Bryce Young. Here more of that building of the offense. They lost in free agency to your team. Rico Dawdle left us a free agent. They really don't have a replacement on the roster. Trevor Etn they drafted last year. You can hope and pray for Jonathan Brooks, but that's really all it is at this point is a hope and a prayer because we haven't seen anything. So at that point we got to assume we're not getting anything out of him. And let's take Jaderi and Price here, who was the second running back we had come off the board, so both the Notre Dame backs and I think he fits the Rico Daldo world pretty well. And then Billy Shroth just more line help. We've seen this team improve their line play over the years, but they have they have some injury concerns right now. Yoah Schneimen retiring Ika Kwan who starting the year injured. He will be in theear injured. And while Billy Shroth is a guard, it's they will make it work at some point. He can fit into this offensive line. Probably not at a tackle position, but you can kick. You know, rober Hunt can play tackle. He's played in the past. He's not great out there, but something like that, just to get them the best defensive lineman and available at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just need depth here, right because that was after they lost to Kwan, who now they have signed Rashid Walker and Stone forsythe You have Damian Lewis at guard, but he's kind of old. You have Luke Fortner at center, and then they lost Kaid Mays at right guard, so it's Hunt or Zavala working that out. You have Taylor Moten on the right side, which is fine, and you so you have two swing tackles. The kwant who's gonna come back. So let's see if Strout can push for that starting right guard job. Between Hunt, Zavala and Trout, they should have one good one. So I'm with you as far as the Panthers go. Here, let's go to I believe the Cowboys whole pick number twenty, so pick twenty one is my Pittsburgh Steelers. I went with maxionach Or at picked twenty one. At fifty three, we went with Skyler Bell, the wide receiver from Yukon. Kyle lewis the home product to the pitt Panthers at linebacker. Patrick Queen has been in some trade rumors and may get cut. Also, Sam Roush was BPA at pick eighty five, and then I double tapped wide receiver here Teddy Hurst at wide receiver at pick number ninety nine. Here the Steelers have a ton of picks in this draft. I believe it's twelve. I think it's the most in this draft as well, so you know they don't have to go after anything specific. They can afford to go BPA because somewhere you're gonna fill the holes. So kind of what I felt like I did here for my Steelers, and I know you were on board with a lot of this.
Speaker 1: I mean you wanted the Kyle Kyle Lewis pick, you know that.
Speaker 2: Was It just fits the same dummies took Kenny Pickett's they want the Pittsburgh guys. You pass on Aaron Donald, but take Kenny Pickett anyway. But Maxian not short. Like the right the left tackle position is in question. We don't know if Roderick Jones is playing again. He had a neck injury last year that seems to me put his career in doubt. Dylan Cook played well, but he's very inexperienced and he grated well, but on very very few snaps. I think it was like three hundred and twenty snaps total, and he played right and left, so maybe more of a swing guy. But we add two guys that could play in the slot in Bell and Hurst and just keep adding some depth to this tight end room as well. You got Mount Washington, Pat Friremouth, and now Sam Roush Fell to pick eighty five. I think this is a pretty killer draft from my Steelers, but I am biased. So what are your thoughts here on this group for Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Well, the three top picks are all players that I really like, So that's a good starting point. With Maxianacher being a swing to Eckle, like you said, he could be a starter right away with proderct Jones' injuries. Skyterbell's my guy. He's been my guy all along, and that's really what they need is a what's the word to describe him, shiftier underneath type of option with the two huge wide receivers that they have with their healthy Yeah and yeah, yeah, that's a good word to describe it. Yeah, player With DK Metcalf and Michael Pittman just being big bodied wide receivers who can win downfield. Scalar Bell is going to get open underneath and give whoever's throwing the ball a more intermediate and underneath type of option. Kylowis undersize, but great, great coverage player, can tackle at linebacker. He's just small. Sam Rouch. We need a tight end. It's not a perfect replacement for John Who, but they're running a new offense anyways, so I think he's more of a traditional tight end in the Pat fryarmooth rolled as opposed to the receiver that John Who's been and Ted Hurst is. That's ad another big wide receiver here, kind of doing something like what Michael Pittman does at his best, a big wide receiver who can overpower people with his size, but also a tack down field. And we get another one here with the five top one hundred picks. You've got three weapons for whoever throws the ball, whether it's Aaron Rodgers, Will Howard, or someone who's not on the roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're outside higher, You're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's a good starting point. And if it doesn't work with mister outside higher, Aaron Rodgers, whatever, you are setting up the next quarterback, whether that's I don't think they're gonna be bad enough to get a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Like Arch, but Leonora Sellers.
Speaker 3: Sure, right, there's such a deep class next year, you're setting up the next quarterback for success, cause whatever the sign, unless it's Will Howard who comes out in balls out this year, which you know, maybe no one else is the quarterback of the future, right, Nobody else, whether it's Aaron Rodgers or mister outside Higher, is not likely going to be the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Long term, right exactly. I mean they could trade for Anthony Richardson or JJ McCarthy or something like that, but I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And this is.
Speaker 2: Just you know, the Stealers really could have used the wide receiver with size when DK got suspended last year, right, So getting just having depth I think helps them a lot. We go to the LA Chargers adding Dylan Theneman at pick twenty two, KB Lomu and lt Overtson here to this roster. Now, you know, we we have, i think in every single draft that we've done, given these guys just you know, like a grip of different interior offensive linemen. But they went out and they signed Tyler Biattisch, they signed Cole Strange, they bought back Trevor Penning. So I'm assuming that's three or two of those three interior jobs. It gets Slater in all back, So give them them. Lomo is just depth in case what happens this year happened. Dylan theeneman ads just you, You were the one that pushed for theeneman. Think of theenemon and Derwin James, everybody. This is what c K said to me. That is a killer one two at safety and then Overton gives them some edge depth to maybe replace their bosa. So what are your thoughts on what we did for the chargers here in the three picks they had?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I pushed for theenum and you were right there. And Derbo James is amazing, but he's never had someone nearly to the talent of Dylan Thinaman next to him. Elijah Molden and RJ. Mickens last year, and Tony Jefferson took the majority of those snaps across from Derwin James, and none of them are to the point where Dylan Tinuman, who can play in a lot of the same ways that Derwin James can. You could rotate down which one's going to move down in the box, which one's gonna play deep. They can both be these versatile chess pieces for this defense. And then not having to chase offensive lineman allows you to just make take the best lineman available when you get to it. And Caleb Bloomo Caleb Lomu we had falling to fifty five. This is a guy that earlier. I mean, you're taking sometimes in the top twenty. But just the way this board fell, it fell to fifty five and lt Overton not my favorite edge player, but big, long and developmental. That's what you're hoping to get here is a if it all came together, it could be something like what Cameron Jordan's been, which is the top one hundred percentile, but he needs he really needs to work on some moves. It's it's just a lot of pushing right now.
Speaker 2: I feel like two Polo two was kind of in the same bucket when he came out right and and they've turned them into a Pro Bowl type player. So they have developed some of these guys, So yeah, I think just adding depth that's what they need. You know, they haven't done any work on the defensive side of the ball this offseason. Is Dalvin Tomlinson is the only thing they've done. Now they've brought back Denzil Paerim in which I don't know, you know, we'll see how that works out. The secondary could use some help as well, so that's maybe something we missed here. But I think, you know, getting deenum In is great. Maybe a corner would have been awesome, but we saw the problem at tackle last year. They didn't have backups at all. So Lomu helps and everybody needs edge help. So let's go to pick number twenty three, the Philadelphia Eagles. We have four picks for them. At twenty three, we gave them Jordan Tyson, the wide receiver from Arizona State. At fifty four, we gave them some edge deps with Joshua Josephs from Tennessee. At sixty eight h A. Halsey the safety out of LSU, and ninety eight Max Claire the tight end out of Ohio State. They did sign god Her, but it was to a one year deal, so I don't think that that is going to be the big difference for them. Obviously, we have a lot of rumors about them potentially trading aj Brown, as we talked about at the front of the show.
Speaker 1: So that's why Jordan Tyson fits.
Speaker 2: And even if they don't trade him, there's nothing on this roster outside of I mean, they signed Hollywood Brown, but it's Britain Kobe, it's Johnny Wilson, it's Darius Cooper or the three behind Devonte Hollywood and AJ Brown. There's like no depth here, so they definitely need another wide receiver plus AJ Brown. Rumors they've lost a lot at edge as well, just not a lot of depth here. This season. They signed Arnold de Baghetti. He is the guy behind Nolan Smith, and Nolan Smith has gotten hurt a lot. On the other side, it's Jalax Hunt and Jose Ramirez. This is what's left at edge for the Eagles, so they definitely need some help there. So the other picks were great, just kind of bpa here because the Eagles don't have a mill needs. But what are your thoughts on what we did for the Iggles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did a good job of explaining it, especially the receiver pick. At the time when we did this, they had not signed Hollywood Brown yet. But even even with bringing in Hollywood Brown, you still want to take a shot at more talent because even if they don't trade AJ Brown, it is a it seems like it's a short term thing and AJ Brown is not going to be here for a long time anyway, so let's start planning around this.
Speaker 1: I love Davante, He's.
Speaker 2: Usually smart about that, right like they make plans for the future of the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I love Devantae Smith. I've said it, but he's not He's not a one. He's just too small. He can be the best to in the league. He's not a one, and so Jordan Tyson. He wins in that type of a way. Dallas Scotter coming back is great, but one year deal. He's getting up there in age. Max Claire kind of a similar player in some respects to Dallas Godder wins underneath that decent blocker, getting better out of Ohio State. And then some of the other things he said. You mentioned the edge depth. They need more edge players and at that time Joeshless was the best one. And that safety A J. Halsey is a replacement for Red Blankenship. Reid Blankenship doesn't always get the hype in the awesome secondary. They're specifically corner room that the Eagles have put out there, but played a thousand stamps for them last year led their safety rooms. So you've got to find a replacement for that right now. The replacements are Andrew mccoobo was already there. So it's Sidney Brown who has been injured on it off, so we had to have another safety in case something happens to read Blankenship and a J. Halse is a similar type of prospect again to what Reid Blankenship offers as someone who kind of roves in the middle of the field and makes plays on the ball. So I think we did a good job of filling needs while also getting some of the best players that were still on the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this would be a nice haul for Philly as well. We'll see when we get there. Let's go pick number twenty four I believe is held by Cleveland. I think that's the Jacksonville first round or yeah, that they moved up to get Travis Hunter last season, So Chicago is on the clock. I picked them are twenty five. We gave them Peter Woods, interior defensive lineman from Clemson. That pick at number fifty seven, we give them Connor lou the center from Florida State, and then Genesis Smith, the safety out of Arizona, and Max Lwell and the edge rusher out of Iowa. So good picks here for the Chicago Bears. Obviously, center is a big need. I believe they traded for was it Garrett Bradbury they traded for earlier and just double chess. Yeah, so so Garrett Garrett Bradbury did not play last well last season, so Connor Loeu was big. But they need help on that defensive line now. They've spent some money on it, right They got Neville Gallimore and Kentavious Streets and James Lynch, but there is nothing behind Gervon Dexter and Garrett Grady Jared. Even with those signings, I don't think that that is very good. Genesis Smith at safety, they just lost Takwan Brisker, so I mean right now they're starting safety is just slated to be Cam Lewis and Kobe Bryant, which is a massive downgrade from what they had last season obviously, so need some help there and then Max Sewell and I mean they have to get some more edge rusher. They have just very little depth here. So this is a very good starting roster a team tho when they deepened in the playoffs last year, but you need to start adding depth. You know, they added Devin Bush, they went and got Khaliff Raymond, but they traded away Dj Moore. They have Garrett Bradbury and Jedrick Wills the O line. But you know, like I said, starting lineup is great. We know the offensive weapons are great. Cam Williams really developed, but they need depth on defense in particular, and I think that's what we gave him here.
Speaker 3: I think it's just a really thin roster all the way around. I mean, you look at all these positions and it's well, Caleb and Tyson agent you're fine. The top two running backs are good if they keep them both. There's been rumors of DeAndre Swift moving on the receivers. You mentioned Coleston Lovelin's incredible, Cole Comet's still there. That's that's okay, But then the offensive line is really thin. The defense of line, it's extremely thin. Linebackers okay, and cornerback and safety all very the starters are good, but if somebody goes down, there's just not a lot of depth anywhere on the roster right now.
Speaker 2: So even look at the wide receivers, Dude, you're totally right because it's a Doonsay Burden, Khalif Raymond. The guys behind these dudes are Walker, Maurice Alexander, Jedi, Walker, Maurice Alexander and J. P. Richardson three guys that most of y'all have never heard of, So there's just not a lot there.
Speaker 3: It's just a really thin roster. So we could we could work on receivers, we get a little deeper into this, but right now, Peter Woods a little bit of a fall from where he started the season here, but still going in the first round on his physical gifted abilities. Kinder Lou could start over Garrett Bradbury pretty easily in this. He was coming off of a knee injury, but it will not be long and he'll be back. It was early in the year. Genesip Smith is the rangey safety from Arizona. Not a great tackler, but you need somebody to replace the ball hawking ability that you got out of oh Ja Kwon Brisker and Kevin Byrd are both gone, so we got Can Lewis and you mentioned Kobe Bryant, but you need somebody who's really gonna place what your colon Brisker did as far as tracking down the ball, and I think Genesis Smith does that and Maxwell is just more edged depth. So a lot of stuff to try to help out create a little depth on this roster.
Speaker 1: Let's go to.
Speaker 2: Buffalo pick number twenty six, and you said this while we were going through this. You look at Buffalo's roster. This is not a very good roster, right Like you take Josh Allen off of this team and they're miserable. Really they are. I mean, James Cook is great. They just added DJ Moore. But I would say the O line is okay. Let's call the tight ends above average. That I think that's fair. The interior of the defensive line might be okay, but it doesn't have a lot of depth. The edge rushers aren't great. It's you know, Bradley Chubb, who's old. Greg Russo is good, but after that, Javon Solomon and Michael hoytoit is good when he's not suspended. I guess the linebackers are terrible. Drian Williams and Treel Bernard, they were awful last season. And then the secondary. They spent some money here too. They went and got Geno Stone at safety. They signed Di Alford to play slot. They went and got CJ. Gardner Johnson. But it's like Cole Bishop, Benford is okay. Maxwell Harriston needs to step up to live up to his first round selection. So we gave them at twenty six, Caden McDonald. We want just some run stopping because we saw them get eaten up by everybody's run game last season. They don't have another pick until ninety one. We gave them Touring York, the linebacker out of Texas, A and m so again Buffalo valiant effort. A well coached team that has a new coach now. But you know, way way heavy offensive side. You know, ninth in overall grade, third in offense, but twenty first in defense last year thirty first and tackling twenty seventh and run d pass rush was okay. Coverage was also twentieth below average. So yeah, the Bills are a Josh Allen injury away from being a bottom feeder.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a team that's definitely carried by him. When you really go through it like we did here and looked at it, you're like, Wow, this team is maybe an eight win team, but without Josh Allen. If you stretch it, I could also be a four or five win team without Josh Allen. That's just not He makes up for a lot of flaws. Let's just say it that way. He can really hide a lot of flaws.
Speaker 1: On your roster.
Speaker 3: But their biggest law is they can't stop the run. They're not a good defensive team at all. Here, Kaiden McDonald not the pass rushing juice of Peter Woods, which is why we had Peter Woods go a little bit ahead of him, literally one pick, not the not the pass rushing juice. So but he can hold down the line help anchor. I mean, you put a big defensive line in there of Caden McDonald and last years pick, what can I think of the big guy that we all kind of liked, Donal Yeah, Yeah, some big guys right there in the middle, and then Torri and York is small. If he was a little taller, I think he'd probably go forty five picks earlier than that because his tape is awesome, but you don't see a lot of linebackers that are that size. But he's always around the ball and when he gets there, he does a good job of tackling. And they could use some linebacker depth. As you were just saying, another team, they were now two picks in here in the first three rounds, and we've tried to stop the run dy we can. We'll probably be adding more as we go deeper into these drafts to try to help out their run.
Speaker 2: Defense, absolutely add something that has to be fixed. Now they get they're missing at Oliver for big chunk of the year, right, so they'll get him down Walker. We'll be better in his second second, third, second, I can't remember, yeah, second year. Uh so these guys will get better, but they still need help. But speaking of help, let's go to the San Francisco forty nine ers. They've done a work this offseason, right. They brought back Drake green Law. They did pick up after y'all cut Nate Hobbs, the Packers did. They picked him up to add a little depth. They traded for osa A Diggi Zuwa on the defensive interior as well, which is something they absolutely had to do. On offense, they went and signed Mike Evans and Christian Kirk to pair with Ricky Piersoll. So got some depth there, and they got some options on the offensive line and Prett Toth and Verderian Lowe. So they did a little work in the offseason here, but we gave them at pick twenty seven cash us Howel the edge rusher out of Texas, A and m I mean, they just don't have edge rushers right now. It's Nick Bosa and nobody Keyon White they traded for last season, sam Akiuano, Mikel Williams is more of a run stuffing end than a pass rushing end, and cash us how can he would be the replacement on third and long for Mikel Williams, I would think most of the time. And we gave them Daryl Jackson the interior defensive line and out of Florida State as well, because outside of Adiggie Zoola and Alfred Collins, it's CJ. West who graded him and Alfred Collins both graded terribly last season. They were both rookies, so we'd like to see improvement. But after that, it's Sebastian Valdez who was a undrafted free agent last year, Evan Anderson, who's you know they picked up in free agency a couple of years ago. So there's not a lot there. Niners only had the two picks at twenty seven and fifty eight, no third rounder, so we did what we could, and we wanted to work on the defensive line first. Looking back on that, is that the way you would do it again. Would you add to the secondary or anything to the offense instead.
Speaker 3: No, I think you got to start with the defensive line. This team, which U just to mention it with Buffalo not being able to stop the run. San Francisco really couldn't stop the run. It was even worse. This is usually where you said what we were doing this process that this is usually where you end up giving kid mcag but he was gone in this case, so we had to go pivot somewhere else. Didn't like the interior players at that point. But then we looked at the edge and said, well, we can keep it to the defensive line and cashus Holls here. Not his calling card is going to be as ability to rush the passer, not necessarily stop the run. I think he can play the run. But again, very tiny player relative.
Speaker 1: To brings a lot of energy to.
Speaker 3: He will play his hard.
Speaker 1: Out out there.
Speaker 3: And then we looked at the interior for the second round and said, how can we try to stop the run here? Now we like the value a lot more and Daryl Jackson, junior big guy out of Florida State, try to fill some of those holes right in the interior of the defense. They could use more, but you only got two picks. Man you can't make him come out of anywhere. So you only got two picks, and we got him an edge player and a and a defender on the interior on defense. Could it be in the secondary, Yeah, they have some definite needs in the secondary too, but I think you got to start with stopping the run.
Speaker 2: And in the next Monck though, we can give them way more because they have four picks in the fourth round, so no picking the third, no five, six or sevens, but four in the fourth, so they can add some depth once we get to them. At that point, we go over to the Houston Texans, picking at number twenty eight, and again this is a team where you could just give them all offensive line and I don't think the Texans fan fans would be upset. But they did bring in Wyatt Teller, who was just okay at guard, but I mean, my god, he was by far the best lineman for the Cleveland Browns. They were all miserable, so it's not like he had a lot to work with around him. So he's in a better environment in Houston, that's for sure. They signed Braiden Smith. They also signed Evan Brown to compete with Jake Andrews at center, but it's still a tackle arianta Ursery. We're thinking Blake Fisher might take that spot, and then it's between Brayden Smith and Trent Brown. So they had four picks here twenty eight thirty eight to fifty nine sixty nine. We gave them Spencer Fano, the offensive tackle out of Utah, Zion Young, an edge defender out of Missouri. We also at fifty nine gave them Jennings Dunker, the interior offensive lineman from Iowa, who I call Fat Calcestis for any of you that have played for that game.
Speaker 1: I know ce K loves that one.
Speaker 2: And then at sixty nine we gave them Jake Golday, the linebacker out of Cincinnati. So you know, this team actually did spend a little bit on defense. It went and got Reid Blankenship from Philly. As you mentioned before, they added Jake Hummel, who was one of the best special teamers in the league at linebacker, and then they added Dominique Robinson and Logan Hall to the edge and defensive nose, so they have a little bit of depth there. So I mean, we did give them two defensive picks, but we did spend the two offensive picks on the line, because on offense, it's really all they need.
Speaker 1: They have great wide receivers.
Speaker 2: I mean they're set there, Nico Collins, Jaden Higgins, they're getting tanked l back from injury, Jalen Nole, Justin Watson, they picked up from Kansas City the year before. Xavier Hutchinson plays a lot. They have six they're great now running back. They traded for David Montgomery. They still have Woody Marks, maybe a depth guy, but they had Juar Jordan who played okay last season. And they even have depth at quarter with CJ. Stroud and Davis Mills playing well so and they signed Foster Moroad to block. They still have Kate Stover and Dalton Schultz. They really don't need anything but o line on offense and on the defense, it's just adding depth to what was the best defense in the league last year. I think we've accomplished both those things here. So I like what we did for Houston. What are your thoughts reflecting back on it here?
Speaker 3: It's still a lo out of the offensive line. You talked about how we thought we could fit up the players that we drafted into this offensive line, and I think you did a good job explaining it. Spencer Fino, there was some hype earlier in the situation or in the process that Jennings Dunker is going to go in the first round. I never saw it. I never got it. I think this is fine. He's an interior offensive lineman that should go some way or late day two or early day three. And the fat colcastic joke hits me every time. It's it's just perfect. Every time I laugh at that joke. And then on the defense, we know the the starters are awesome, right, Daniel Hunter and Will Anderson are the best edge combo win the league. But we looked at the backups and we said, well, Dylan Horton, Dominice Robinson not great. Let's get him Zion Young, who's going to play like his hair's on fire out there and come in as just a situational edge rusher behind those two, and let's get after it. And I think he can do that. And then looking at Jake Goldie, it's see's all, show you HER's fine when he's not suspended. You mentioned that as someone else getting suspended earlier, and Henry toe Oto and EJ. Sp J Cummel, Jake Goldie's really good. It's an odd situation where they've put him in to play, but it was almost kind of like BPA and dropping him into a team that we know knows how to develop linebackers here and at pick sixty nine, there's not a lot of needs on Houston, so you get a little bit of a luxury pick. Say, let's add Jake Golde to this room and see if we can develop them and get another starter out of it. And I think that's possible.
Speaker 1: I definitely think it's possible.
Speaker 2: I mean Houston, and they don't need anything outside of offensive line immediately, so being able to let these guys develop too, I think is part of what is working in Houston right now. In ne Demiico Ryans and they really have done a good job. Pick twenty nine was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs, and we've already gone over them, so we go to thirty, where two of these three picks are gone now. But what we had done for the Denver Broncos was we gave them Eli Stowers to pick number thirty out of Vandy. We gave them Caleb Tiernan, an offensive tackle out of Northwestern, at pick sixty two, and then pick ninety four is col Payton, the quarterback out of North Dakota State. Now, Cole Payton could fall further than this, and we could give him to the Broncos still, But I mean, Eli Stowers going to Miami wouldn't be that bad.
Speaker 1: But we knew what they need going in and they have gotten it.
Speaker 2: It was another big pass catcher, right, someone that can eat up a lot of passes. Eli Stowers and Jaylen Waddle are completely different players, but the point remains they needed somebody to catch the football and that's what they got.
Speaker 1: At offensive tackle, it's teern In for us.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just I think they have some age on this offensive line right now, right, and this is another team that doesn't have a lot of needs.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: They haven't added anything but Jalen Waddle. All they've done is Brockeys back. They brought back JK. Dobbins and Jalil McLaughlin. They're running that back at running back. It looks like an offensive lineman. You have Garrett Bowles who was drafted in twenty seventeen, Mike McGlinchey who's old as well, and behind these guys, it's Matt Pert, Marquise Cox and Frank Crumb, so just not a lot of experience. So I think getting tierned in was smart. So I mean, we don't have to go too deep into the Broncos here because this says this looks completely different now k But you know the point remains improve pass catcher and get some depth.
Speaker 1: That's really all they need it is.
Speaker 3: And like you said, Eli Stours, I think this is obviously it's not going to go here to the Denver Broncos anymore, but I think it's possible we see him go with the back of the first round. You don't see that a lot in the MOCKX, but after the breakout combine performance, the historic combine performance, and on top of pretty impressive pass catching tape, seeing him go in the first round wouldn't surprise me. Towards the back of the first round, you know, you mentioned Greg Dulsie being the leading receiver for Miami. Who's to say Miami doesn't look here and say, hey, yes, we've had we've had success at whit tight ends and let's take Eli Stours and that's kind of what he's officially going to be drafted as a tight end. It's a big slot wide receiver, is what he really is, and so that's where we went with Denver. Miami could still go that way. They clearly need pass catchers and Caleb Tiernan and Cole Payton. Like you said, the picks aren't there anymore. Tiernan is a tackle at Northwestern who I think moves to guard, and Cole Payton is the last of the truly.
Speaker 1: Intriguing.
Speaker 3: Is that the right word developmental quarterbacks? I guess that's kind of the word I want to use, intriguing or guys by Diego.
Speaker 1: I'm not intrigued.
Speaker 3: I am intrigued by Diego Pavia's odd oddities and his love of you know, women. But other than that, no, no, nothing to say about Diego Pavia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Taylor Green is another guy that we could have given to them, right, just somebody to develop. That's that was basically the point. And someone that you know might actually play a little bit like bon Nicks as well. So I think Cole Peayton fits the best. So that's that's where we went ahead and put him. Let's go to the New England Patriots here picking at number thirty one, and we give them t J. Parker, the edge rusher out of Clemson we give them Chris Browsel, wide receiver from Tennessee, and then Chris McClellan, the interior defensive lineman from Missouri.
Speaker 1: This team has spent a lot, man.
Speaker 2: I mean they went and got Romeo Dobbs, Elijah Vera, Tucker, Julian Hill, and Regie Gilliam all on offense. On the defensive side, they spent on Treymont Jones, Kevin Byered, Mike Brown and kJ Britt. They got a new long snapper. I mean, this team had money to spend and they spent it so good on them. But they did lose Stefon Diggs as well, they cut him. Antonio Gibson is gone. Just a lot of familiar names there. Munford, Anthony Jennings have been there for a while. Jelanie Savai have been there for a long time. So they are missing some pieces. But we looked at this roster and went, I think edge is the thing that they need the most. Right, Harold Landry didn't play up to his contract. The only one they brought in is Draymont Jones, and behind those guys it's Elijah Ponder and Brayden Swinson. So just not a lot there for new England, and then at wide receiver, they still need somebody to stretch the field. I mean they have a lot of shifty guys, but Mac Collins I just don't think should be number one on the field all the time. He's a great blocker and he'll give you the motor, but I just don't know if he should be the guy. So Chris Brasel with some size and then just more depth on the defensive line. Chris McLellan's probably the best player available that we picked from them at ninety five.
Speaker 1: So your thoughts on what we did for the Pats here.
Speaker 3: Shockingly, the team that made the Super Bowl this season doesn't have a whole lot of needs, but the ones that we saw. TJ. Parker is a great fit for what Mike Rabel wants to do as far as edge defenders is concerned, and I think is a pretty close Draymond Jones does not replace kylevon chas On. I think that TJ. Parker can replace kylev On Chason. As far as his actual production, it was I don't think he got to ten. I think it was at nine sacks. He was close, but I don't think he ever got that ten sack and then you were the one who push for Chris Rassle, and you're right, it's a fit thing. Was he the top receiver left on the board at that point? Not for every team he would be there was more slot options, but they have slot options. They have Douglass and Kyle Williams and the Mario Douglas. Mario Douglas right like, they have all these slot options. Even Romeo Dobbs will play outside, but he's not winning down the field in the ways that Chris Brazzl can win down the field. It's that's what how Chris brasel is going to win as essay downfield option, not to the same ability as George Pickens, but that's how you want to use him as someone who can win fifteen He should have a like an eight out of at least fifteen yards downfield this season with the way that he runs. That's exactly how you want to use Chris Brazl. And then it became we looked at the fact that they lost Tonga in free agency, and they have good players in their interiors that are defense, but it doesn't mean that you can't add another good player to it. And Chris mcclellen kind of a late riser in the process. He really started to pop up at he was at the Senior Bowl and that's where I kind of took note of him. And it had a fine combine. It wasn't great by him, it means, but it was fine and sneaks into the back of day two here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like this for the Pats. I mean, I just think edge rusher and wide receiver are probably they just need some speed on both sides. I think that would really help them to stretch the field and to get after the quarterback.
Speaker 1: So that's what we gave them.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Seattle, number thirty two, who has spent you know, the off season losing guys, and that's typically what happens after he won a Super Bowl, but they have lost a lot.
Speaker 1: At corner. Tarique Wollen is gone.
Speaker 2: He signed with Philly, but we knew he just didn't His attitude didn't fit with Seattle. They didn't really like him there, So to see him leave, I don't think anyone's sad about that. But they brought back Josh Job, They signed Noah Igbinogne. They also signed to Anthony Bell and Rodney Thomas at safety. Didn't do any other work on the defense, and at running back you lose Ken Walker, you have Zach Scharbonay coming off an ACL injury. They signed Emmanuel Wilson, so they probably need a little bit there as well. But we gave them Chris Johnson, the cornerback out of San Diego State at pick number thirty two, a guy that I think that they would like a lot. At sixty four they lost boy A Mafe as well. We gave them carry On Crawford, the edge out of Auburn, who's on the other side of Fulk. And then at running back it picked ninety six. We went with Emmitt Johnson from Nebraska, who is they do it all. The guy can do a little bit of everything and he fits in to this competition with Emmanuelelson George Hallane to kind of lead this team in carries at the beginning of the season while Zach Scharbonaye still recovers from that injury. So you know, Seattle lost a lot. I think we gave them some of those pieces back, but they need more than this if they're going to try to repeat again. I feel like they did bring back Shaheed too, So it was mainly just trying to keep the pieces they had in house. Outside of Tarik Wallen.
Speaker 3: It's still a very good team, obviously coming off a Super Bowl. I don't think it's as good as a team as we're city here today. If I had to pick a team to even win the NFC West, I still think it's Seattle until San Francisco can't stop the run. But it's for a team coming off a Super Bowl, it's not the typical. I mean, usually when a team comes out to the Super Bowl, you expect them to be the favorites going into next season. Right now, I wouldn't. I would not pick Seattle to do that. And it's no nothing against you know, Sam Darnold or them even losing Zach Sharboney. It's just it's a thinner roster now than it was then. Chris Johnson is a great replacement for losing Tree quill and thank you. I couldn't think of his name for a second there. Three quoll And, So that makes a lot of sense. I think that one was all you. I think you came up with that when Kieran Crawford's a type of long edge defender that they like, and then you mentioned it. We don't know exactly when Zach Sharbonay will be ready to go. I don't think it'll be Week one. That was a really late, that was in the playoffs when he hurt his ACL And while they brought in my guy, Emmanuel Wilson on a one year deal, we know they want to have multiple running backs and I don't know at George Hallani has never shown enough to me that makes me think that it's going to be him. So let's get another running back in there. And Emma Johnson kind of the type of player they like. They like blacks who can do both pass catching and running the ball. That's Kenneth Walker, that's ex Srabonade, That's Amanuel Wilson, that's Emma Johnson.
Speaker 1: Essay.
Speaker 3: Grand of a mid size, not a huge back, not a small back. They like these mid sized backs who can do everything. And that's what Emma Johnson did at Nebraska and he could do again for Seattle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean Seattle sitting in the cafarts seat. They have a great team and they could easily push those chips in and win again this year. But like you said, probably not going to be at the forefront of everybody's fine to repeat, let's go to the Indianapolis Colts, who don't have a first round pick. Of course moved it to go get Sauce Gardners. So the Jets hold their first round pick, but at pick forty seven, we gave them Anthony Hill, the linebacker out of Texas. They haven't done a lot of work here. They went and signed the King, Davis Gaither, who was bad for the Cardinals last year. I expect Jalen Carle's to start in one of those spots, but I think if you took Anthony at forty seven, he would be your immediate starter in the middle of the linebacker and at safety, we gave them Kamari Ramsey. Right now, their starting safeties are Cam bining them, who's good. But it's Hunter Wohler as the other safety, the seventh round pick from last year. They also signed one Thornhill or Wanya Thomas excuse me, and Jonathan Owens, Cam tail or Britt also a corner. They need some help on defense here. Now they've done some things. They went and got Kolby Wooden in the trade for Zaire Franklin. They got Arden Key at Ed Rusher and Michael Clements, so they got themselves some depth there. They added naughty artillery on the interior defensive lineman, so he didn't bother with that. I mean, I think that's fixed. They re signed Daniel Jones and signed Nick Westbrook at Keina. That's all the work they've done on offense. And they traded Michael Pittman. They did franchise and pay Alec Pierce a lot of money. But I mean, Josh Downs is going to have to take a step off, but I think a lot of those targets are going to go towards Tyler Warren. I think the one thing that we might have missed with this team is right tackle. Right now is Jalen Travis, so maybe they still need that. Ryman is still at left tackle, but the interior is very good for the Colts. So we could have hit a couple other things, but we would have if we had that first round pick. So what do you think about the two picks that we were able to make for the Colts here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's more needs than too, but we only have the two picks to work with. I think linebacker, you've been pushing it for a while. You're right, it's the biggest need here and they have exactly two snaps out of Jalen Carly's and one hundred and fifty seven sam Switch I believe are probably mostly special team stamps out of Austin and g there, So we need another linebacker. Anthony Hill's your guy. The middle of the Psycer round seems most likely at this point for him. Kamari Ramsey another safety option for a team that's losing multiple safeties and Xavian Howard, Chrismonds and Mike Hilton. But Nick Crosses the safety I was thinking of here that's gone. Nick Cross gone. We need to replace him, and Jonathan Owens is not enough to replace him with. So let's get a safety in here, and Kamari Ramsey that can do that. Could we have taken a tackle instead, Sure, we could have taken a tackle instead, right tackle, Jalen Travis, You're right, he's probably not good enough.
Speaker 2: But but you you said it from the jump in this class though, this is not a good draft for offensive line depth, right, like, the safeties are way better. Kamaria Ramsey would be a better pick than any of those offensive linemen there.
Speaker 3: So yes, he is a better player than the tackles that are available at that point. So trading off that first round pick for Sauce, I mean it has repercussions, you know what, as well as I do. If you don't have that first round pick, you just don't have enough. There's not enough, not enough picks to fill all the holes you have.
Speaker 2: Right, right, I mean getting Sauce back is gonna be huge for them. Like, so, I don't he's awesome. I don't hate the fact that they did that, But trading for corners is always difficult, right because the shelf life of them to be at that peak is it's like a year two years now. I'm not saying that they're not still great, but Patrick certain has been the best corner for what the last two seasons, right, you know, I don't think he's gonna be the best corner in the league this year. He's still gonna be very very good, But I don't know. Lasster was really good, Stingley was really good, Like there are other good corners in the year, and just the shelf life of those guys being the best corner is very very short. So if you're going to trade for somebody, I mean, you got sauced early in his career, but it's still it's a lot to give up for a corner. Let's go to the Atlanta Falcons, picking at number forty eight to one pick after the Colts, of course traded their first round pick in the deal four James.
Speaker 1: Pierce last year.
Speaker 2: That maybe pretty tough if James Pearce is in the clink instead of on the sideline, because he looks like a big idiot right now. But I tell you what this team has done work in the offseason. They have added a lot to this front set anet linebacker. They went out and got Christian Harris Channing Tyndall to compete with guys like Troy Anderson, Divine Diablo and Jad Bertrand. On the they played the three four, so the interior guys that when got Chris Williams Deshaan Hann they resigned their guy Lacal London. They got dizaz Ugalari and Cameron Thomas to add to the edge rushing group as well with Samson ebucom So hopefully they have James Pearce there, but if they don't, they at least have some depth. And on the offensive side, they spent on Corey Levin to compete with Newsville at center. They have Austin Hooper they brought back to block Tua because Michael Pennix is hurt, and they brought in some wide receivers in Johan Dotson and Olamide Zakis. They brought back after a while gone there. But at forty eight, we gave them Chris Bell, the wide receiver out of Louisville. In seventy nine was their other pick. We gave them trade Anne Stokes, the cornerback out of Arizona.
Speaker 1: So Chris Bell here.
Speaker 2: I know he's hurt going into this season, but look at these whiteouts, man, I mean it is you know, Johan Dotson has shown us nothing. Zach Yias is okay as a three or four, but he's not a two. We know that London is the one and Beijeon is the two and Pitts is the three, but they have to have somebody else. And I think Chris Bell coming back will be able to stretch the field. I think this is a long term rebuild anyway, with what you're doing with these quarterbacks, so he doesn't have to perform day one. And then Stukes just adds It's the one thing they didn't really add. They added Darnay Holmes at corner. But right now the corners are Mike Hughes, AJ Terrell and Billy Bowman. So I think we just need some depth there because you still have CJ.
Speaker 1: Henderson on this roster.
Speaker 2: So I like what we did with the limited amount of picks here. I feel like it it was a bigger boost for them than what we gave to Indy even with limited picks.
Speaker 3: I agree with that we got some good news today Chris Bell too. Apparently he's able to do some of the running and jumping. I forget which of the insiders did the tweeted it out. Maybe it was Rapaport someone like that tweeted out that Chris Bell is making some updates and he's apparently making some top thirty visits with teams, And I think the end of the tweet was something about him still possibly being a first round pick. So a little bit of a slide here in this, but it's good to hear that his knee is healing up. That's what we like to see. And yeah, I think it's a good pick at this value for sure, and a good fit with what they want to do. Another big bodied wide receiver to help out Tua or Michael Pennix, who's ever the quarterback at the time, and the cornerback room's really rough, is not a pretty quarterback room at all. With especially Ajhrell's fine. I think he's still I know he didn't great particularly well. I think he'll be okay, But beyond that, I don't know if I trust any of those other players you mentioned. Mike Cues is not as good as even aj Trell and Billy Bowman's two undersize and he's kind of a converted safety anyways, and they haven't gotten anything out of Henderson or any of those other players you mentioned. So trade on Stukes kind of this overhang defender slot type, really athletic player from Arizona. Arizona great secondary, low key awesome secondary because we were really Innison Smith and trade on Stukes and very good team there. So getting trade on Stukes here in round three, Hi, I think he would have a very early move to playing time with the Falcons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to back up your point on the corners here, Agterrell Mike Cues had the same grade seventy five out of one hundred and twelve graded corners, and their defensive grade was fifty seven point seven The only one with a better grade than that on the roster is CJ. Henderson at sixty one point nine. So rough play at corner for this Atlanta squad last season. Let's go to the Green Bay Packers, where I got out of the way and I let I let c K make the picks for his favorite team. Of course, at two we gave them Christian Miller, the interior defensive lineman from Georgia, and I pick number eighty four Jaeger Burton, the interior offensive lineman from Kentucky. Obviously, this is what the Packers needed the most, is a little bit after trading Wood and you have to replace him the interior the offensive line. Y'all been crying about that for a little bit, so let's get some help there because the addition so far this year not a lot, not a lot of room to work with here after signing Michael Parsons is such a big deal. But Javon Hargrave at interior was a good replacement. As I er Franklin is better than Kwi Walker and not nearly is done with those penalties, so that's great. Saint just is a decent corner, probably not best, but it gives you some depth there. I don't know what the hell y'all were doing sign Skymore. It makes no sense to me. That seems like one of those things where it's like, oh, we can fix him, so we'll see if that actually works. But your thoughts on what we did for your packers here.
Speaker 3: So at that point I liked the value of Christian Miller more than the cornerbacks. It could be a cornerback there. You mentioned the acquisition of Benjamin Saint, just it's better than what May Hobbs played, like, I feel very confidence in that he's going to be better than Nate Hobbs because it was awful at times last season. But they will take more cornerback help, and I think there'll be more edge players coming in. With Micah Parsons possibly starting late and Rashan Gary being gone, kings Ley Nabari being gone, there will be more edge players. But this is the way the board fell, and so Christian Miller is interior the biggest need on this team. Probably not, but once DeVante Wyatt got hurt, they couldn't stop the run at all. It was a complete disaster the last I don't remember how many games Dvante Why I played. I feel he made it towards the end of the season, maybe like last five six games. Once he was out, they could not stop the run. Teams gashed them up the middle, and the linebackers were as effective because they were getting blocked. The interior players couldn't hold up. Warren Brinson and his Zer Stackhouse were not capable. So this would be the fourth Georgia defensive tackle on the team, but along with DeVante Wyatt, Warren Britain at the Ziers stackhouse. So we know what they like. They love their Georgia players and the offensive line. Jordan Morgan's going to kick out to play left tackle to replace Rashid Walker. Aaron Banks they signed to a massive deal last offseason. It was only overshadow by the fact mate Hobbs was the worst deal. Aaron Banks did not play well at left guard, but I think he's going to slightly to fly their gain. Sean Ryan will play center. Anthony Belton, You're gonna give him more time at right guard and Zack Time's fine at right tackle. But in this case, I like Burton. I think he can play. I honestly, I would be fine playing him over Aaron Banks. If I'm not sure what Aaron Banks's cap hit is right now, but it's probably too much. You're going to keep him, but I would expect after the season that drops down substantially. And Burton is a type of offensive lineman they like that can play multiple positions. So the Packers' needs are there's not a ton of them. They have a pretty good team. Still, there are some death needs with Manuel Wilson leaving and Milik will leaving. That's too early to fill those, but they they really have to be able to run the ball more effectively and stop the run a little bit better. So we're going to tag the Lions first. It could also be the secondary.
Speaker 2: And you know, I mean teams do not react to losing in the run game on defense very well. You saw Pittsburgh get absolutely gashed by Derreck Henry in the twenty twenty four playoffs. Remember that and how they react that when got Derek Harmon and Jaha Black, re sign Cam Hayward, Right, you have to rework that interior of the defensive line, and that's Pittsburgh continues to do that. Sebastian Joseph Day they signed this year as well, because and they extended Cam Hayward again the Ageless Wonder. So teams don't typically react well to getting smoked in the run game in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: So let's go to the last team here.
Speaker 2: The Jacksonville Jaguars, of course traded their pick to Cleveland, so their first pick is at fifty six here, but they do have four picks in rounds two and three, so that was nice. And we started out at fifty six by giving them Grayson Halton, interior defensive lineman from Oklahoma, followed that up at pick eighty one with Jonah Coleman, the running back out of Washington. At eighty eight, we gave them Bud Clark, the safety at a TCU, and at one hundred Jalen Farmer, the interior offensive lineman out of Kentucky. So this team another team that didn't spend a lot. Really the only thing they've done is resigned some of their own guys and brought in Chris Rodriguez. So they definitely needed a back, which is why we went there with their second pick. The interior of the defensive line is fine, but you know, Grayson Holton's probably BPA here at fifty six. I mean, they have Eric Armstead who was old, Davin Hamilton, Matt Dickerson, Mason Smith, so just needed a little bit of a boost there.
Speaker 1: Safety.
Speaker 2: They lost Winger who wasn't good but had a lot of experience. So right now, Antonio Johnson was the number one graded safety in the league, which surprised me, but he was great last year and Eric Murray's next dam so I think Bud Clark is a nice fit. And then Jalen Farmer. Let's just give them some more depth on the interior of the offensive lineman. I mean, they're so deep a tackle they're talking about maybe trading Walker little during the draft or before the draft, because they have Cole Van Lannon and Anton Harrison and Chuman go at Joa as well, so they have some depth there. So we just went and kind of did BPA. I mean, the biggest needs for running back in safety, so we got that for them. But I think this is decent and they have a decent amount of picks here. So probably not the best trade for Travis Hunter last season, but didn't really affect them as much as like the Colts trading their first round pick did, or maybe even Atlanta.
Speaker 3: It all depends on you were talking about how cornerbacks develop. If Travis Hunter becomes Patrick's Artane level of cornerback, or he doesn't have to be that good necessarily, if he becomes one of the best five six cornerbacks in the league, I think I think you probably make that trade again because there's still even without a first round pick. You just said it, there isn't a lot of needs on this team. It's a pretty deep team. We talked about some of these teams that are really thin. You look around this roster. I mean, Trevor Lawrence isn't They don't have a great backup in Nick Mullins, but he's serviceable, right, And then you already mentioned the running back needs, so we filled that receiver. We know they're deep. They might trade Brian Thomas. They're so deep there. Tight end Brenton Strange looks good.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: We've got another one, I guess to replace Johnny Munt, but I think that's Hunter long. I think it's already planned in the offensive line looks good. Defensive tackles where we went to with Grayson Holton. They could use a little more of an interior pass rush type of an option. You mentioned the players they have already They're not certainly stars by any stretch of imagination, but you could play them. And that's kind of what you look at alsover this team, it's they don't have a ton of stars. Now, Devin Lloyd leaving, maybe we should have looked at and got them another linebacker to replaced that.
Speaker 2: I mean, they I think they planned for them that last year with Kaiser right, yeah, And Ventral Miller they like a lot as well, and he has some experience and they still have a luok and so it's not like, you know, losing Devin Lloyd hurts.
Speaker 1: Don't get it twisted.
Speaker 2: That is a big, big loss for them, But I don't know if it's priority number one to replace that.
Speaker 3: They have a plan in place for a lot of these things. That's that's when you look at him, You're like, Wow, this team still has a plan even with losing players. So it was a lot of feeling little needs and Bpa and Grayson Halton's a good player. Jonah Coleman is a nice player as far as I think, he's still my second rder running back and Bud Clark and Jalen Farmer is another Kentucky interior offensive lineman. They're a second one that we had going in Day three. So yeah, I like that draft for Jacksonville. It's a really good team that only needs a little bit and we just got them three or four solid players and we'll see with hits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some depth there for sure. But that is everything for Mock three point zero.
Speaker 1: We did it. We did the whole thing.
Speaker 2: The next one is going to be four rounds once we get to it. But we're also going to start diving into positions here pretty soon. I think, uh probably quarterback next week or the week after. But we will definitely have episodes for you up until the process, so remember to stick here with us at cop i EPs on the Twitter machine. For mister CKK, what's coming up this week for you?
Speaker 1: It's a here.
Speaker 3: Later on tonight, I'm going to record a show where I do Fantasy Baseball one question for all thirty teams. You can hear that on the Fantasy six Pack podcast or YouTube. And then I have some other Fantasy Baseball breakout players and mid round targets, and then before we record another show, I will actually have a it's not a closer chart for fantasy pros, but it's like a bullpen closer update on some of the more solidified rules. I wrote a big one about a month ago that was way too many words. It took me for freaking ever to go through all thirty twos to lay out all the bullpens, and now it's a little bit more of just picking the ones that have maybe changed in the last month. So that'll all come out the next week, but just follow the Twitter, copi aps and it's all there.
Speaker 2: Man, excellent stuff. I'll be doing a live mock draft on Friday on the Fantasy Pros Twitch, so check that out if you would.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be with me.
Speaker 2: I believe it's me both Joe's piece of piena Rico and Welshet, so that should be a fun one. And you know, more baseball content with the Welsh ni later this week answering questions from the Patreon and I'm gonna have a slew of shows coming out. On the FP Dynasty Show with myself, Pat Fitzmorris and Jake Seely, we went over ECR of every position quarterback, running back, tight end, wide receiver. I believe it was forty quarterbacks, thirty tight ends, fifty rbs, and sixty wide receivers, so yeah, it took took a couple hours to record that one. In about three hours to record that one, so but that should be coming out as well. And lots of info for anyone that wants to listen to app bog and sports. Just follow me there on the Twitter and I will tweet out all the links that you need. And by the way, I did mention at the top, my bad. But you can follow along the results here or if you just wanted to see them all laid out, or on the Patreon. It's a free post. You can see it by picks one through one hundred and buy team as well. So that is it for us. We will see you guys next time. Take it easy, everybody,