Speaker 1: I like the musical job. You know, it's like cop Chase scene or something. Damn Coacheese, like Cavanaugh Chief Digby Cabbage sausage. I don't quite get it. It's fine.
Speaker 2: So, uh, I just wanted to say, welcome back to the Paul Junior Podcast with my guest star, Mikey.
Speaker 1: I love the guest star. Guest stars feels good. It feels way better.
Speaker 2: Michael is my guest star, okay on the podcast today. He might be my only guest Actually, I don't think. I might have had a few other people, but Mike he's been uh, you know, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Steve Martin on SNL back in the day, exactly. It works out so well. I just keep coming back there you go.
Speaker 2: So see, Yep, we're loving life. And uh, I'm gonna talk to Mikey a little bit about some of the stuff he's got going on.
Speaker 1: Some new interesting stuff, new interesting.
Speaker 2: Stuff, and uh, and then we're gonna watch the Mikey Bike. We've never done anything like this. I don't know how either of us feel about it. Fully, I know Michael has some hesitation. He's not a big fan of watching the show. Frankly, I struggle with it.
Speaker 1: Myself. So I kind of understand I worry about triggers. Yeah, you see, I don't worry about that at all. Yeah, let's see. We'll see what happens. You're in a spiral out of control. Yeah, we liquor on the drive home. Maybe it'll be cathartic for you. Man, I get a bought a liquor for the drive home. It might be. All right, well, listen, we'll play it by here it is, would it be? You know it is? We should have a safe word though. Okay, something really triggers you New England clam chat chowder chowder? All right, well listen, I know you've got a lot going on. Tell me, tell me what's going on, bro. I'm making a movie. Okay, man, this is what I want to hear about. I have a Kickstarter okay, campaign going on. I like it. And what's the Kickstarter. It's Mikey Tuttle is making a movie. Mikey Tuttle is making a movie. That's the Kickstarter. That's how to search it. Yeah, that's the title for Mikey Tuttle.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: I think there is no other Mikey Tuttle's on there as far as I know. Okay, so that's good. So trying to do the crowdfunding thing X amount of money, then I could pull the trigger. Okay, I've got three actors lined up, Okay, I've got the story. You got the storyline, story.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got a script you can share with anyone or what soft scripted or anything or no.
Speaker 1: Hammer out the dialogue right now. Put the story's out there. Stories in there, okay, in the minds of the act Proof is in the pudding. Proof will be in the pudding because I make this film. What kind of money you're looking for? It's about six thousand dollars. Okay, that seems like reasonable, but it's reasonable. Yeah, for making a fense. You should be able to raise that.
Speaker 2: And then what happens with the film? You got some thoughts about where it lives. Well, that money is for like props, location and paying the actors. You got to pay people to show up.
Speaker 1: Of course, you got to pay them even more to do what you ask, that's right. Uh, and they don't always do that really Yeah, this part it could be difficult. Yeah yeah, yeah. I've had actors tell me to go screw myself. Really yeah, very I'm timid about giving a line because it was something that I really mean something to me, but I realized a little off kilter. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I wouldn't say that. I'm not doing that, Like, okay, slink off, you're at the mercy of the actors. Yeah, that are really laid on and get aggressive.
Speaker 2: So give me, give me a little, give me a little idea, like if people are willing to invest in Mikey's movie, right, yeah, what what does this look like? And in the end game do they get to see the final product?
Speaker 1: They do get to see the final product. Yes, absolutely, And I could do this in a timely fashion rather than produce it myself and just kind of piecemeal it over a long amount of time. You kind of lose a certain rhythm.
Speaker 2: You want to get it done in like a shorter window so you can hold to the whole storyline.
Speaker 1: Boom, get in, get out, gotcha? Okay?
Speaker 3: Makes sense.
Speaker 1: And the film is about a documentarian, a successful documentarian, you know, and he misappropriates a grant money from a foreign country to make a scripted film about his father. Interesting. His father was a bit of a hooligan and a bit of a drunk. Interesting. Okay, I like it man. Yeah, and though his father was really flawed, he has like a certain I guess perfect love for his dad. Really, yeah, because everybody's always mad, idealistic, or everybody always rolls their eyes at their dad. But this guy, it's the only anything that's really kind of perfect about the main character.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Other than that, he's very flawed. Really, he's got some broken parts, this one broken parts based heavily on me, some of his exploits. No, no, not the person himself or the relationship with his father or anything like that. But every mistake I've made in a film so far, filming, I've kind of included into into this. Okay, So it's going to be full of mistakes or you're losing mistakes as you move on.
Speaker 1: I'm losing mistakes. It will be full of some mistakes. I'm not out of the woods yet.
Speaker 3: I like it. That's good.
Speaker 1: Well, how long you've been making short films like but I'm really making fun of myself and this this will be my fourth film, okay, over the course of over the course of seven years, seven years, okay. I really started taking it seriously around forty okay, Yeah, that's when I cut the sauce completely. Really. Yeah, yeah, you got focused focused. That's good. Yeah, and it's enjoyable. I really, I really love doing it.
Speaker 2: You love the process of of making films like that absolutely right down to like you know, like the last one I made, I thought I was through the woods on the nerves and everything.
Speaker 1: Because when you write something, everything, anything is possible, and then it comes down to the ground and you're like, I can't do this or it just doesn't come out. Like you picture a couple of days of puked before we really yeah, before I went in just the dry heat, drink coffee. Yeah, you know I do yeah, puke like that, and then still go in. Yeah it's good man, I love it good well. And then also like you know, like I'm very serious about it, because I think anybody who's not serious about it would make one film maybe, And you figure out whether or not it's a passion of yours.
Speaker 2: It's it's basically like the way I like to build motorcycles, you like.
Speaker 1: To make movies. Yep, that's good. Scratches the itch. I get that. Scratches the itch. Yeah, yeah. It makes you feel like you belong here, right, Otherwise I don't feel like I belong here. Really it's a good creative out pie for you. Yes, very much. It's great and hopefully I make a good yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Well that's you know, the end game is, you're always looking to get better, right yep. Okay, well listen, give Mikey money. He needs money.
Speaker 1: My production needs your money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, production needs money to fulfill his vision for vision, this vision for this movie. I think it's gonna be good. I'm gonna throw a few bucks at you just so.
Speaker 1: You know, thank you. I'm not gonna we appreciate, but I'm gonna throw some money in this direction. Okay, the you know what the thing is, I thought about this like the other movies I just made for myself, right yeah, and that's good, you know, And that feels great where you're going. But now if you have crowdfunding, you're beholden to the studio.
Speaker 2: I think that might shape a little bit the way you move forward afterwards. You're gonna feel more responsibility to the audience to get it out there in some capacity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, i'll tell you. And that's where your first your first responsibilities to the audience. I think early on you want to be a little self indulgent and everything like that but sure, but not right.
Speaker 2: If you're catering to a crowd that's investing in you, it changes I think. I don't know if it changed your lens, but it sure changes your responsibility and endgame.
Speaker 1: And you've got this is good for you, it's great.
Speaker 2: Is your most of your works are pretty hidden, they're pretty yours. You're not you're not sharing them too much. They're more Yeah, your film festivals. Oh yeah, but that's a closed circuit kind of thing.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It's not the broader audience. But I'd like to reach a broader audience. I think this will help. Yeah, why don't you tell me.
Speaker 2: A little bit about your like when you'd like to start the movie and when you would like to have it done by.
Speaker 1: Is there any goals there time frame wise? Well, Kickstarter is a thirty day kind of campaign thing. Okay, If you don't raise the money by the end, they refund it to the people who have.
Speaker 2: Oh so you got to meet you got to meet your goal, you or exceed Okay, And I think it keeps people, keeps their expectations in a reasonable place, which stas for yeah, of course, but you know that's not six thousand might as well be gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, honestly, dude, I think it's way doable. And I think if you produce something that people were able to support and they enjoyed it and got to see it in the end because you had a responsibility to show it to them, Yeah, man, I could just that could keep building on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if you come through with it, yeah, they'll want more. Hopefully I like it. Yeah, So that that's another incentive to really push it through. So it's a thirty day period. Thirty day period to try and get the money. And once you get the money, you know, I figure about a month of filming, okay, month and a half maybe, and then probably three weeks of editing. All right, So four weeks total from start to finish roughly, yep, that's reasonable. Yeah, by the by the fall, by the fall safely, by September. By September, yep, by December, by December, January, January next year, yep. You'll be hearing that. You know, we're almost done with the twenty six twenty seven. That's good stuff, all right, Listen, I think it's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Let's uh, let's watch the Mikey Bike. I'm real curious about this?
Speaker 1: All right? A little you got a little creock in your back over this one, trepidacious. Okay, let's go Mike on this episode of American Chop. Where who's that guy? There? He is? Man? You had some real blondie blondes in your hair? Dude, you the Goldilocks going ship fury. This is just the open hair. Get the damn thing done, blinging loing this episode, That's what I'm talking about. I already hate the episode because I hate that fucking asshole. Which one, the one with the curly hair, Yeah, the youngest son, the one guy picks up and dances the phones. He's a He's a fucking idiot. I don't watch it because of that. Yeah, he bugs you.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I feel a little.
Speaker 2: I feel like I want to smack myself a little with the way my voice sounds.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, a little voice was higher? Right, unless the audio was bad before high deaf, I don't know. Maybe, so here, let's get into the episode. Maybe then we could uh, we'll get into it. See what happens. All right.
Speaker 5: Hey, I don't want to ask the same thing twice because the second time I'm gonna use my foot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, here's Montgomery, New York. Oh, the walk Hill River. Here you go, Michael's first Dandelion campo. Huh oh man.
Speaker 5: You know, basically between the Bike Expo and New Orleans and Bike Week in Myrtle.
Speaker 1: Beach, Nocher. Yeah, Fin's got baby Fats.
Speaker 4: Weeks, We've got a little bit behind as far as customers bikes go. So we're going to be focusing on uh, on those bikes for a little while, because you know, this is a business and we got to take care of our customers.
Speaker 3: What are you looking for?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Like, shut the hell up. I'd like to learn this stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to concentrate over here, and you're like breathing down my neck.
Speaker 4: Beat it.
Speaker 3: I'm in front of you. I'll just help Vin, Go help Vinnie, Ben Can I help you? Even?
Speaker 6: Vin sounds about six months now answering phones, ordering parts, swip floor. But that's getting kind of boring, to be totally honest with you, because I'm somewhat of a creative guy myself. So I asked my father if I could build a bike that was a lie motif to it, and I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: He said, yes, hey, hey, Mikey, listen here.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty excited about filling this bike hair.
Speaker 1: I know, man, it's it's a really good mop ofir dude, clattenum in there, you know, and then it goes, you know, kind of grades down. It must have been like a little sun bleached. Very nice.
Speaker 2: So what do you think so far on this introduction to our past? This show is way better than I remember.
Speaker 1: No, this is cool. It's kind of good. It's interesting. It's not freaking me out like I thought it would. No, it's it's actually kind of cathartic a little bit. Man.
Speaker 2: I've found I don't watch it much, but when I do, I just smile the whole time.
Speaker 1: Well, how long ago was this episode?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was our first season. I think it was in the first season, right, Nate's an expert, is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: First season American Choppers. So yeah, like twenty three, twenty two, twenty.
Speaker 1: Two years ago, say two years, twenty two years Yeah, that's history now, it's history. Yeah. I don't even like remember any of this, and it actually, even though it's not in high Yeah, it's a complete So this is new to you? Yeah, yeah, I do think it's super interesting for us, for us to be able to see ourselves. I think very few people have.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe they had like video cameras that they used occasionally, but there's not game or something. No one has like a professionally done show on their lives for over a decade.
Speaker 1: Think about it. Kind of you're yeah, you're on what is it you're on? Wax? Kind of right, yeah, your youth. We'll be able to see our youth, ourselves in our youth. It'll be even more appealing in our fifties and sixties.
Speaker 2: I think so, you know, I mean, I think the the more time goes by, the more I appreciate it. Yeah, and hopefully time appreciates us. That sounds like an easy listening station.
Speaker 4: You know, Mikey, he really doesn't have a bike building background, and you know he's got some pretty unusual ideas for the bike. He wants to build it. All right.
Speaker 6: I need to fenders, and I want them to look like they belong on a like a fifties Catillac.
Speaker 4: You know that might not be a bad I.
Speaker 1: Got whiskey throat there. I was yelling all night at the bar.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: He's smoking cigarettes with their look.
Speaker 5: Like any bike that we've done before, and that's for sure, there's a last frame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, we used to have bikes lined up. Look at all those frames. That's all the orders they were all going out. Man, they had to build all those bikes at the time when I told.
Speaker 4: He could build a bike, let me get your pen.
Speaker 5: First, he's got it still help out around the shop. And second he's got to work with his brother Paul, and those guys have to get the bike done in time for the next show.
Speaker 4: Which is in Laconia.
Speaker 1: I can tell you my handwriting hasn't gotten any better than me neither. He wants to grab the front.
Speaker 4: Other than that, as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 1: It's no help to whatever the hell he wants. You know, see that stuff that gives you sympathy from the audience, It does that.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh here comes comedy, Oh here comes comedy. Look at these guys, you sons of bitches.
Speaker 2: Hopes and dreams right down that garbage shoot. Of course, then he felt bad. Well, look how light and young he is. Even if he was like completely trimm he wouldn't. He'd be like forty pounds more than that, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We were all a little bit. Uh. I was actually a lot bigger back then. You were way bigger. We were still lifting weights or no, it was just heavier. Yeah, I was younger. Man. Yeah, yeah, you d beef when you get older. I think people do. Some people just get huge, giant. Yeah, so I'd rather be on this side of the fence, the church lady, little leaner. Oh yeah, just get a bigger hammer.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: We didn't even five minutes to work when we're eating breakfast.
Speaker 1: Got any even hangover. I like your glasses there too, mans, pretty slick. Those are tortoiseshell. And I worked really hard on this. You did, I don't remember, but this is your idea sheet. I guess so drawing.
Speaker 4: But you know, down deep, I really think that he wants to make a great bike. I don't know if I can do this. I really don't, you know, as long as he stays committed.
Speaker 1: Deep down, I did not want to build a really great bike. No, I don't know. You know, it was kind of fun because we were new and we were on TV. Right, yeah, we're on TV. We're on frigging TV. Man on TV. Man, absolutely look at us on TV. There, it's crazy. Look at you, man, you look like your factory stamped there. I know, square jewel cheek bones. Come on, I don't look at that frigging guy.
Speaker 2: What's but then the voice then I talks doing.
Speaker 1: I feel the same way.
Speaker 2: I actually decided to build a bike, but I'm not really sure he knows how much work it really is.
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: Did you, Mike? Did I know how much work it really was? I did not. I kind of picked up on that at the time.
Speaker 2: You know, Mike's always goofing around the shop, and that's a lot of fun and everything.
Speaker 3: I tell you, I'm not going to build this bike for it.
Speaker 1: You just got your hand.
Speaker 3: But he's really got to do most of the work on this.
Speaker 1: Look a look at my acne on my cheek there, dude, you know how long is how young I was I had acne? How long has been since you had a go tea like that one? A long time?
Speaker 2: You used to have that pencilly thing going around here and all this thing, and I got no patience for that. I don't even like to shave around my beard anymore.
Speaker 1: I feel you there, I was going to do a goateep. Really, yeah, I just you had a lot of facial hair last time you were here, did I beard? So yeah, I just let it go. I let it go and then knock it down when it becomes annoying. Feels good when you get rid of the beard. Doesn't it just burn burn? I have friends with beards, Yeah, they love them. Beard's down to here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, a lot of bearded friends. I noticed that about you. Cheese all over the beards disgusting. I don't know how you can stand it. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to get it past like like a half inch long. That's just curling back in and digging back into your skin.
Speaker 1: Itches. Yeah. Oh, it's so irritating, dude, I can't go. That's the point in which I gotta go bring and I gotta just get it short. That's a I've heard beard oil. But oil feels weird to put on your face. It does, and you don't.
Speaker 2: I guess it looks nice because it shines it up, but I don't, Well, you think it makes it less prickly on your face.
Speaker 1: I think people should take their beards and their tattoos shove them shit enough. You do have a lot of bearded friends, though I do man with nice beards too, nice beards, you know. I guess that's the attraction, but I can't imagine, especially in the summer. Yeah, like Randazzo, is your face sweat? Does a face sweat like that? From a beard? Is a beard a thing that like like your hair on your head? Yeah, like I think before rehab and then rehab, I grew my beard really long. I remember that. What did you know, why do you get like a beard? Call like in the morning. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. It was crazy. You look like David Letterman today. Yeah, Letterman's bearded. Huh yeah, he's got like a big beard.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Oh sh yeah, why I don't know.
Speaker 2: Apparently he's went out to Wyoming and oh he had a change of heart.
Speaker 1: That's good. You know. There we come, Mikey back in. We're back in act. There he is hands and pockets. I missed that shop shirt. It was a nice shirt, that high quality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only thing in.
Speaker 6: Each day that goes by I grow a bit more excited.
Speaker 1: Well it seemed excited, Yeah, really excited. Hang over one to ten there is probably about a six. Really, Yeah, you could function, but you still feel a hairy yeah, still a little wobbly on the legs, but you ain't gonna give him the zing, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh like independent, many.
Speaker 1: Think that's pills right there.
Speaker 3: Take this one off, all right.
Speaker 1: I don't like independent. You were saying independent tanks, that's a company. At the time it was, Yeah, I think I shouldn't say anything bad about that kind of not even a business anymore. They're not well. I wonder why I was handedly buried them, all right. I love that early background music, you know, and you know that yeah, can music seems to be a cheap, free canned music, you know, like they didn't have enough budget. But even this this was composed, there were composers doing this now they I think feed it through AI and even the early sound of the show though, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, the cheese guitar and all. Have fun.
Speaker 4: With this project.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm talking about you. That's horrible.
Speaker 2: And you sound froggy, man, I do sound It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Boy. I am right under the bus right now.
Speaker 2: I can feel the wheels just crushing my bones.
Speaker 1: See, I'm trying to put these triple trees on. Ye, I'm getting I think that was warranted though, because you were probably busy on the other end of the shop actually building. Yeah, I was warranted on my art.
Speaker 4: You know, he's already going to change the tank.
Speaker 1: That's when we used to use phones, real phonestle Oh yeah, what do you stand up to your older brother, you little jerk. I'm scared of those. I'm so disgusted. I'm like, do you know that I am a premiere bike builder?
Speaker 3: Off the frame, both of them on there, just like that.
Speaker 1: There you can go. Even this this is like a shitty's easy top tune, but it's still like, you know, mixes up nice a piece, a lot of little tiny lecture guitar cheese, guitar man all the way, and it goes really good with the grinding sounds and the sound of like welding sparks. You're right that I'm fond of. I didn't like it originally, you know, because you gotta remember this was cutting edge PS. Is this HD yet or no?
Speaker 2: This is way before HD. I remember we went upfronts and talked about HD. So how you're feeling about the Mikey project so far?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: I'm really into it actually, because I don't remember much of this at all, isn't it great. Yeah, it's it's actually very good. It's weird. I talk to people who are watching the show now. It is nice to see yourself when you're young. It is because it doesn't feel like it was that long ago, but it was that. It doesn't even matter that you were drunk on the set every day, you see what I mean. It doesn't overrides the point. Okay, various types of pills. No, seriously, though, no matter what was going on, dude, how do you get back there?
Speaker 2: How do you get back in time? We're kind of gone back in time just now.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I always ask myself that.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: I love it because I'd like you.
Speaker 3: I love it all.
Speaker 1: I love the way Dad looks. Dad's nice and young. I think I take a time machine and talk to mikey, I know, and just just shake them yeah, like red and oh yeah yeah you want who back there? You want to talk? Yeah? Talk them out of yeah yeah, doing American Chopper and drinking heavier. I like it. I think it's good.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I've watched again. I watched the.
Speaker 2: First half of The Black Widow. It's like the most I've watched of anything. And this goes back oh, probably even a couple of years now, and anytime I do it, I start over again and I get like halfway through the first episode, and I just don't watch it again. But I enjoy it the entire time. You do, Yeah, because I see it the way we interact together.
Speaker 1: Not really, he's not. He has no interest at all.
Speaker 4: None.
Speaker 1: He's unimpressed by it all. I think maybe, I think maybe down the road he'll appreciate it because it's a process show where you build things. He's creative. I think he would like that. But you'd have to do a Minecraft bike for him to be I think so if I did a Minecraft bike, that would be it. Man, I'd be like the Hero of the Earth, maybe mister cool right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We just watched the Minecraft movie the other day. You see it, Jack black Man, the Man.
Speaker 1: He was great. La La la Lava Chicken. It's very good because he's is it animated or is it actually he writes and sings a jingle in the movie about these lava chickens. So the lava hits the chicken and then they're eating like chicken. You know, Okay, Yeah, it is spectacular and it gets in your head in such a crazy way man, and you can't stop singing it. Can we hear that? Can we put that in here? I could put it right here. Lava chicken. Oh dude, I'm telling you, lava chicken. It's Steve's lava chicken. And Steve's the first character of uh Minecraft Minecraft. I got that because I've watched oh yeah, yeah, and something about the chickens. Like you kill any animal in there, it turns into food, right, just sits there and spins a little bit. Oh here, I'll just put it right up to the microphone.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Now, keep in mind, dude, jack Black is the man, he really is.
Speaker 1: Keep that in mind. And he's a great he's a great jingler. He's a jingle dingle. Would you call him the jingle bear. He's a musician.
Speaker 2: Called him a jingle bear because now he's got like this, he looks like a jingle bear.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh, just hit play.
Speaker 7: You don't wonder what happens when you mix hot lava and chicken. I did, and you're about to find out. Ye hear that, that's a sound.
Speaker 8: Smell spell.
Speaker 1: Nice, all right, Jackson. You've got to hear that like five times and it'll be burned into your brain. That's fantastic. The movie was good. He saved the movie in my opinion. Otherwise it's kind of dry. I think for being a trillion dollar movie, I think it could have been. I think maybe I do, man, And you know, I don't know that whole I mean I know enough about uh, that whole background of all the information and stuff. They did a good job covering. Think of it.
Speaker 2: He loves everything minecraft, so I think he would like it. You know, I've gone and seen movies with him that were.
Speaker 1: Terrible that he liked. But you know, it's kids stuff. That's yeah, they're not they're not critiquing it from an adult position. They're just you know, they like what they like. That's pretty much it. Yeah, like when we were kids, we like that. Not that it's not awesome anyways. But Rambo, Yeah, Rambo is awesome though. But yeah, there were certain things, uh you know, oh what was that with Chappie?
Speaker 4: You know, like movies and.
Speaker 1: Film Yeah, yeah, yeah, those are those are all period flicks. Yeah, but we thought they were like they were, they were the best, but not anymore. No, you can't watch any of that stuff, dude, I watch that's part of the terrible act. But it's only for the nostalgic kind of of it, you know what I mean, Like not because I think it's awesome, you know, West Kids.
Speaker 2: I think like the Breakfast Club holds up. I like that, that whole vibe is creative and good, like you can watch that anytime.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a little dated, but it's it's not like, oh I can't watch this, you know. Yeah, it's good. That's a good quality. That director is something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Enemy Mind remember that with Lou Gossip Junior. Enemy Mind member it was a wild thing on another planet, like a really cool movie guy. And then another one hatches out of the end that the dude has ends up having like some kind of alien baby or something like that, and he dies from it.
Speaker 1: I think that's right. Yeah, who's in it? Lou Gossip Junior? Did I make that up? Lou Gossip? Lou Gossip? There you go? Was it him or was it maybe mine? Help us out on that because I'm always wrong.
Speaker 2: And then the podcast completely dumb Dennis Quaid, Yeah, I think louis Gossip. Yes, okay, good, it's all coming back. I don't know where that came from, but in my mind. I just saw that scene, the birthing scene.
Speaker 1: Yes, is this weird stuff where he loses like his arms and legs right and he gets deep at like I don't know, I don't think so it's a different movie. We're back.
Speaker 3: Sorry, business around here.
Speaker 1: I apologize that day I took a shower. You can see that your hair is still wet.
Speaker 2: Well, look at all those handlebars I bent up. Oh you remember that thing? We used to punch the heck out of it. Women would come from miles to make love to me because of that hair. I can't even feel my scalp.
Speaker 1: This is what we used to do many horse around, used to horse around, horse and arounds, going away, horse around. My parents will see yours and usually.
Speaker 2: Someone got hurt. Yeah, ought to be Yeah, I agree, but look here, look the whole new level horsing around. Yeah, I'll see him wearing my wing gears. He did the symbol on my shirt and my T shirt there, my vest and t shir to my favorite band.
Speaker 1: At the time.
Speaker 2: We honestly, this kind of stuff I miss I do because where do you pal around anymore?
Speaker 1: You don't nobody can do that. You can't horse around My head you can't even pick stuff up like that anymore without throwing your back out. Now it's just standing around and talking. It's annoying. It's doing a podcast, you know, said to have a fun of building things. It's fucked up.
Speaker 3: A lower profile.
Speaker 1: Combs beach combers. What does that guy know? He doesn't know anything. Wearing his red hat and his shoelace and beard. Guy's making the best motorcycles.
Speaker 3: But I just want to really help them along with ben designers.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, you look like a Pixar like wait, like the you.
Speaker 3: Know it is?
Speaker 1: My hat's off too, so I look to him like have tons of hair. You look like Prince Charming from Shrek. But yeah, yeah, you're so young. Now what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: You look like ship? Now you know what the hell happened to me?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that. I mean, look like i've leveled off since then. Yeah, you've leveled that. I fell off a cloth off. If I was your wife, i'd leave you. Oh funny, funny, yo, it's all funny games. Look at that ship though, man tacking it up. See that. I thought that was Vin for a second because you guys both had probably Yeah, we're interchangeable at this age. You know, I don't really like those bars me neither back at him, whose idea was that to sweat? Is that you're so you didn't take a shower, you were just sweating profusely. There's another day. No, you have something in your hair, dude?
Speaker 4: What is that is that?
Speaker 1: Jerry Curl? Yeah? That's Activator? What was that from? Activator? Uh? Oh? Hollywood Shuffle? Yeah, Highwood Shuffle and also the Princess Soul Glows in Coming to America. What a pause you for one second there? Yeah, but what was that movie with what's his name? The guy, the the comedian Hollywood Shuffle? Hollywood Shuffle? What's the guy's name? Recently?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Robert Townsend. Yeah, you never see that, dude.
Speaker 2: And you know what, think about how he'd being a great host or something. He'd be great at everything. Think about how good he was in that he was I was way ahead of its time and he had a good stand up career he did. Yeah, he was a comedian.
Speaker 1: Let's go rock and roll. Who's this high tech bell drives in the background. You see that those were high quality shirts. Those were high quality, high tech look Da Vinci material. We were trying to usurp me. I was talking.
Speaker 2: We were trying to become the oldest. You were trying to become the eldest son. Is not top the top, You're in the top seed. I know what you were up to, bro, I was trying to push you right off that sugar hill man.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's Dan Ship. Is he young too? He's got hair Dan with hair man. That's brother Dan. People don't know about him. Some people do. I don't know. He's right in between us. I don't know us between he he's smart, so he's out of the picture, off to make millions, millions, million trillions. Smart kid. There he is, he's back and he's scutting for punishment. Hit my ankle. Look at all them brawlings. Wow, so young holy Ship? Who Dan? Yeah, he's got a daughter that's older than him. And there I think pretty close. He's pretty close sometimes.
Speaker 3: But I could tell that he really wants.
Speaker 1: This bike across the lines and he's.
Speaker 3: Very adamant about it.
Speaker 2: And I can appreciate that because I'm very much that way when I'm working on a project.
Speaker 1: So overall, okay, I don't even know who I'm listening to right now. It's project. Doesn't he even sound like I would sound.
Speaker 3: Like if you can, well good, I do that. But you can't, well good.
Speaker 1: You were right. There's Earl Young and Thin there too. Earl Man, we're all a good buddy of mine. Lost the shoe in the earl that you were vin a lot about.
Speaker 6: How tedious everything is building, And.
Speaker 1: I know it looks like, yeah, who's that that you were vin? That's me.
Speaker 2: That's that's my point. It's me and you building this bike, Mike. Everyone else is out of the picture. There is no vinn. There's no anyone.
Speaker 1: Just me and you, bro. That's it. And I burned my finger. It could have been Vin under there. I couldn't tell either way. It was last time you welded twenty three years ago on the Mikey project. Those things run hot, right, the tig Yeah, you know, I mean, you touch it, you burn yourself. That's what I did. I burnt myself. See that. This is what I'm talking about. This guy's a fucking idiot. Yeah, get him off, get him out of here. Yeah yeah. The oldest son's okay, but young she pulled the whole crill thing out, the whole tapered.
Speaker 3: Uh and.
Speaker 1: Hair is a little too crispy with product. Yeah, you use a little less product, Mikey. I liked it. Man, you had like a nice sheene to it. It wasn't really a moving nah. No, you got some something's in there, like I didn't rinse all the No, No, I don't think it's You must have been putting some kind of product in your hair at the time, like some kind of Moose. Oh shit, I think so, you know, maybe I should go back to moose. Man, it's quite a wave in that thing. That main. Here's your handlebars that neither of us really like or ever liked. Probably I had to learn how to ride a motorcycle.
Speaker 3: To do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were riding scooters at the time, but not a motorcycle, right, Yeah, I never never had ridden one before. This was your first motorcycle. Yeah, wow, pretty good first motorcycle, man, not pay that right? Built on American Chopper by Paulie and Mikey.
Speaker 1: There's been caterpillar eyebrows. I haven't even heard Vince say one word yet this whole episode. He knows what's good for him, you know. Yeah, I was at a shop the other day. I slapped into the mouth saw I did. I did. I told me she got on the show. Here, What do you say? Screw that? I got better things to do. Just gotta be persistent. He's so busy. I know, I know he knows. Vince still sounds the same to me.
Speaker 4: Switch that was me. I'd take a hatchet and smash that tank to live in.
Speaker 1: Hat you think I should, great man, give me the hatchet. That's a cool act I wish we had. Still I wasn't even paying attention and break his heart.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: You can't do it. You ain't got a mean bone in your body. You're a disappointment.
Speaker 1: I do have touch me.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm starting to have second thoughts about wedding.
Speaker 1: You know what got cut out of that was uh after they uh boom they cut here. I threw the axe ad ventage. He just stuck it in his leg. All right, So we're putting it together. We got high tech DAVINCHI in the bag.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We're in full full fab mode right here.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Oil tanks going in right because this was it.
Speaker 2: You did the tank, the oil tank, front and rear wheel, get the front end on, get the motor and.
Speaker 1: Trans in, and then start to build ye, shake off all the flies, the right tools here. You're good? What a jerk? I mean on the ground. This is fucking dumb, No way, man, this is as good as it gets, bro. People love this project. Yeah kidding me? Man, two brothers building a bike the American Dream beat it.
Speaker 6: You're the man, first class.
Speaker 1: Get the fuck away from me. He's like, I got work to do. No, You and Vin were always good together, very good. Yeah, Evin's great.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You and him, though, had a good relationship, different than me and him. I'd say you guys had a different dynamic, you know, we did. What the hell are you doing?
Speaker 4: I have been.
Speaker 1: Very good, man. I feel like you're not really appreciating me, not at all.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That's like a condescending tone. Geez, so wondering about Sorry about that, talk about it later and bothered me for years, full and.
Speaker 3: An elongated look pay for first, Mike.
Speaker 1: Man, I wonder if I should bring that little beard back that I have with the little chin strap going on. It's pretty cool. It is pretty cool. Actually a lot of neck hair there. That's there. We go is such a good idea. I'm so glad you listened to me, all right, want it?
Speaker 3: Cut it?
Speaker 1: All right, here, scribe it and cut it. What is that piece like an add on piece I think to the tank. Yeah, because we were trying to like stretch out the tank aesthetically.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 1: You're out there in the steel shop, bro man, there's the sheer right, hours and hours working on that thing. The hind that was kind of industrial. There you go. That was a great piece of equipment right there. That's the old steel shop. I spent many years in that shot. Mike, eye beams coming at you from every direction. Yeah, okay, you're going to burn me. I just got a sense about it. Get one right here then, okay, Sam, Oh we added these to the frame. That's interesting. Instead of the oil tank bandana had like cooling head beads in it. Oh yeah, cooling beads inside of the head.
Speaker 4: About something for a change, because and you know what, it's nice to see getting involved with his brother.
Speaker 1: That's such a good older brother. Your little hair like Willie Nilson there, you know, I like it, or like you know someone who played who played at Woodstocke. Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 4: As long as he doesn't pick up Paulie's work happens.
Speaker 1: Mmmm, I got that would be terrible.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's get to work. Let's get to work.
Speaker 1: That's when I was happy to get free t shirts. Yeah or backhand once in a while you felt like you had it coming right. I still do.
Speaker 6: And it's like I spend half my time waiting for my brother Paul.
Speaker 1: With that echo. It sounds like it's the voice inside your brain in a film. Yeah, yeah, something else.
Speaker 4: You can put a tire on.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting for the finished setting.
Speaker 1: Nowhere do you see how my hair is fraying.
Speaker 3: Here's possible I'll grab Vinnie or someone.
Speaker 6: I know this project isn't exactly that.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to really I never knew this about you might and I think I was PMS in that day. What throw me under the bus all the time?
Speaker 1: Bro? You know, I remember I was trying to knock you, knock you down and knock you man. And Michael, you were like Freido to me back then. I was, I was, And thanks for treating me like that mot not like everybody says, yeah I'm smart, not like let's just do it. I love all the early swag too, just simple white shirt logo, you know. Yeah, And that wound up being the nicest one I think I think that was our stand. That was our starter. We did that in black, and we did it in white. Yeah, don't think it's a T shirt designed since And that was like I had a different idea and the guy drew it.
Speaker 2: It was a little darker than I wanted, like like it was a little like more evilly looking, but we went with it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We went to town and that became our staple T shirt. That was O G T shirt. Oh yeah, logo looked good, looked a little bit.
Speaker 2: More bunny rabbit back then later on we stretched it out. Okay, the logo's a little tall if you notice it on my shirt.
Speaker 1: Okay, the sec we refined it over time.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I just squinched it down and it became more linear and looked a little faster as opposed to like a bunny because you're.
Speaker 6: Actually creating something with your own hands and you really can't beat that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A lot of Fire Department T shirts we wore back then, and this is so early. It was really just nice to get pre T shirts too.
Speaker 3: Flip it over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the front ends always tricky, right, It's like that them legs never wanted to go in right, not one time any of them ever.
Speaker 1: Was it the manufacturer's just the way it is. I don't know. It's probably us.
Speaker 3: Basically at this point, you look good on.
Speaker 1: That for never riding a motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, we'll just start working on it again. All right, let's you want to strap this thing?
Speaker 1: No, it's fine, Mike, all right, I bet you falls off the lift. Those were okay, try dodge man. That's how I used to get around. That's even weirder to see that in shape because that lasted for a long time. It did. It got passed down through the generations.
Speaker 4: Destroying or something.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: Some shooting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been up there since. We were up there for Chris is Rachel's brothers bachelor party. We went there all the way up there. Yeah, they were heading up to Canada after that. Okay, that's a premiere venue. Yeah, that guy Peter Wicker there taught me how to shoot. Yeah, he's a good guy.
Speaker 1: He's good. Right there we go, there's Peter Wicker dead. Pair. You shot the wooden thing? What's say there? I'm sure Robert Twestley and that's where Kristen went to college. Yeah, damn, quite a bit of aggression. Oh there you go.
Speaker 3: Did you ever leave?
Speaker 1: You did that for a while, didn't you wallowed aggression? He's still doing it, yes, here and there.
Speaker 3: No, the shooting thing.
Speaker 1: You did that for a hot minute. Didn't you get better and better? I got better and better. Now I'm just a wringer that people allow charity tournaments every now and again. You had, you had a real inclination for it. Yeah, you had a feel for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I'm older, like in my sixties or something, I'll probably try to get them back into it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think so. It seems like something nice to do until your shoulders completely shot and being old.
Speaker 3: If the fenders are downstairs.
Speaker 1: If the fenders are downstairs, go do my light work, Sanfredo. Fredo will run the restaurant. Go do my light work.
Speaker 4: Mike.
Speaker 1: It's not the way I want. I'm smart. I was passed over. He's sitting in a chair like this when he delivers in Oh yeah, Milwaukee Iron You remember them, dudes? Yeah, man, they were in it for a minute. They were and a bunch of really entertaining fellows. That fin is way too big. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: This was in the day where some of the theme stuff got a little in the weeds, a little clunky, don't get me wrong. For the project, it wasn't terrible because it was kind.
Speaker 1: Of meant to be like that. But yeah, man, well, I mean it's a Mikey bike, you know, let's face not a bike though. There you go, this heads forth, the jazz Mikey bike. Yeah, the jerk off the jerk bike turn bike.
Speaker 2: No, honestly, it was cool. I think for what it was, it fit your personality, don't you think so?
Speaker 1: No, because then my personality, okay, Sauna persona. You don't know it did. Yeah, for the show we're expecting. It's definitely with the fan base, but not at all. If anything, it definitely filled the order it did, and then I'm happy. Actually, at the time we all thought it looked pretty cool. I don't think it was like, oh, this thing is piece. Things weren't as sharp as they are now, right, And it was early on too, there wasn't as much out there, you know.
Speaker 4: And look at this thing, king, this this this lends right with the fenders, the fenders.
Speaker 1: Doubt, no doubt, just right on the bandwagon.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's beautiful fenders though, absolutely, and off the shift you're putting the screws to me there, buddy, I was out numbered on that one.
Speaker 1: Sure couldn't convince that sticking you with a.
Speaker 4: Shift him railroad Mikey into something that he didn't want. Hey, every bike that you ever built in a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Because of my I'm like, you have to come in and say, see, you're fine that you're coming to my rescue.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: More like refereeing. Yeah, that was kind of your role. I know you're a ref. I really have like the striped shirt on I really resented now, Oh the like I should have.
Speaker 3: Just let hear me out. Okay from a design?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I think that's a better tank. You see the arc on the bottom. See how it flows?
Speaker 1: Man? All right? Then he sucks out ideas. I hate him. Hate exactly what I say too.
Speaker 4: I think it's perfect. Absolutely, Look at this.
Speaker 1: That is the spie out here. I'm gonna go kick the balls next.
Speaker 2: That shirt he's got on that preceded that other shirt you saw before, what did it looks like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it was made by a teenage girl. Terrible.
Speaker 4: Is so bad?
Speaker 1: That was before the show. Oh you're just trying to for promote. It was for my Spider man bike. Oh it was not good.
Speaker 4: You can't accept the feat changing the tank. I'll change.
Speaker 1: You should talk to Ben about what he said. I should I should have voted that. I shouldn't have voted for that tank. It's not a very good tank compared to the other one. Yeah, well, thanks for again. It fits the rest of that. Are you trying to apologize to me right now? IM just trying to make it feel better.
Speaker 4: You had to replace all the mountain brackets?
Speaker 3: Did get you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Rights in the mouth your dad? Yes, I'm sorry about that. So that was hot loss, one of them rye asshole er brother things. Oops. Yeah, because you know, genuinely, I'm all I cared less than you might have thought. I know, I know it's disappointing to hear. I think it was accidental. That was like premeditated. That was malicious. Look over here, yeah here, well oops, I get that pretty good.
Speaker 3: Now that tank's gonna think one hour.
Speaker 1: Ma, I don't know, I want to I want to go out. I wanna I'm gonna leave. Man right there, I feel like I'm look and sound like all my cousins right there.
Speaker 3: You know you do and you do like that your dad out here to Elka, Yeah, I need his opinion.
Speaker 1: I think that was sarcasm, but I need this opinion. I'm sorry zoned for a second. I was thinking about our cousins that you look like.
Speaker 2: So I fabricated two V shaped pieces that will extend from the frame up to the strut mounts. This is before the water jet, right here, man, We used to actually have to cut stuff out like that, or we might have had a little water jet at the time.
Speaker 1: I think the water jet really changed the game, right as far as that could change the whole game for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they sped everything up. You're able to build a lot more, do a lot more, build cooler stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, Mikey, let's get this front fender on.
Speaker 2: You can tell it to pick up because I say, all right, Mikey. You know I'm not saying Mikey that much. Yeah, I would just say, all right, let's get this fender on.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Ye?
Speaker 3: Great? If right, freaking with.
Speaker 1: The pickups. For people who don't know, every now and again a sentence or a word is missing and we have to go back and tell the story, and it's usually, hey, Mikey, let's put this fender on. Yeah, I'll be there when I want to dad stuff like that inside there you go, just jump on it. Oh, I think when they rolled it, when they welded it, it's splayed out. Maybe there's a lot more weld with that pipe on the on the top of Yeah, there was a scene down the middle. I believe that that that little mohawk on there is all welded. Okay, so it's too much heat to that. So here we go. Boom boom, boom boom. Look at that just like a glove. Look at that man, camera, baby, Let's get Jimmy world. On the next episode of American Chopper, Nick Pier mid Hudson Sporting Grounds Special. Thanks to We Can Get It Done, Steve Burns, W. C. Bunting, Pilgrim Films and Television. So that was good man, that was interesting. Mikey bike here, maam so interesting.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a two parts that was a.
Speaker 2: Real That was a really good half of a full episode. We didn't get the payoff, but you know, eventually that bike gets built and it turned out pretty darn good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yep, yeah, yeah, that was a good story there too. I following the characters and it was really invested. Yeah, and I just want to know what happens next. Well, we might have to just watch Okay, let me just do an outro. Okay, so hitit you banks, Me and me and Mikey just watched well the first part of the Mikey Bike build.
Speaker 2: And I thought it was It was pretty good. It was better than I thought. I think there was a little anxiety on your part about it. You didn't know what how the show was going to make you feel inside inside emotionally.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And do you feel more stable or less stable than you did before we sat down?
Speaker 1: It's just after I find a razor.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was fun to watch, right, Yeah, it's easy, man, It's easier. And you think, yeah, you know, I I think for ten years after the show, I couldn't watch it. Yeah, but you know, we were all burnt out then, and.
Speaker 2: I think we could watch a bunch of different ones for different situations, especially with like the one with Bill Murray, like ones that are just amazing when you think about having these guys on your show, hanging out, interacting, golfing, you know all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and a lot of that comes back that I don't remember anyways. Yeah, right, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's all a blur to me mostly, Like think about it was like one hundred and seventy one hour episodes.
Speaker 1: You know, Vinnie remembers everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got that that mind. That's why he's like Danny. He's like our brother Danny. He's just a memory of To me, it's like one big episode. Yeah, like the whole moder all ten years of American Chopper twelve seasons is one episode in my mind kind of, you know, it's like a yeah, some people know, oh that was that was episode twelve of season seven, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alright, man, well that's good. Let's see what we're gonna do next, and we'll do it all right. Memory Lane was fun.