Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how they got those numbers from Bakersfield, because I don't know how they got anybody that admitted they lived in Bakersfield.
Speaker 3: Baker's Field is fine.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Bakersfield is a delight.
Speaker 2: Remember you asked why I think America, why people think America is the greatest country in the world.
Speaker 4: Here's the answer Bakersfield.
Speaker 2: By the way, for those of you who are listening in Bakersfield, I want to tell you that I humbly apologize for the writing Bakersfield, even though every word I say is true.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 4: Warning everybody.
Speaker 2: Bill Handle here on a Friday, Foody Friday, May thirtieth, And I love that promo. And I want to say hello to all of the folks in Bakersfield who are no longer listening to the show and never will again. Okay, the emails are coming in about how much people hate me. I'm really enjoying those, by the way, the ones that tell me how much you love me, I don't want to hear now.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: The ones that tell me that I'm hated are absolutely delicious.
Speaker 4: By the way.
Speaker 2: Today, what we're going to do is play one or two of the recordings from folks that want to join us June seventh, us being the entire Morning Crew a dinner at the Anaheim White House. We've never done that altogether, and it's kind of fun. But to meet everybody, I already have some ideas about how everybody talks to everybody else, and the bad mouthing you're going to hear about us for one from the other is going to be spectacular. And it's at the Anaheim White House some of the best food you'll ever eat in your life. Uh So, I'll tell you a little bit later on how you can join up, But first let me say a hello to one and all.
Speaker 4: Amy.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Bille.
Speaker 4: Is that a sweatshirt that says howdy?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 2: Sophistication abounds like crazy howdy to you?
Speaker 3: Thanks howdy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good start. Neil, good morning.
Speaker 2: Here. I can barely hear you. Neil, you got to get a longer volume. There you go, and morning howdy howdy? Uh?
Speaker 4: And you are you're working at so far this weekend?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, who's who's up?
Speaker 3: It's a K pop band called Stray Kids. At first I thought it was Stray Cats, and I was kind of excited, but it's not.
Speaker 2: How big a deal is k pop? I mean, is this still insane where they have?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But is it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: These really young Korean kids, young men who are either going to be at some point they're gonna be drug addicts or male hookers.
Speaker 4: Is that basically it? Now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: They seem like fine people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, flying upstanding men. Okay, well, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 4: HOWI all right? Let me see what that T shirt says.
Speaker 2: That says they das I'm sorry, la oh, that's an iHeart shirt right strong? Yes, okay, a couple of things about iheartshirts. You gotta be very careful with them, you know that, don't you?
Speaker 4: T shirts?
Speaker 2: And Neil will back this up because he's the one that used to supply.
Speaker 4: These or get them.
Speaker 2: Is number one, they're made by slave labor, thirteen year old kids in Pakistan who make three cents an hour and two. Do not get those wet, do not wash them, do not sweat in them, because you will see the die come pouring down the rest of your body.
Speaker 3: You know, We've never gotten that garbage you're talking about.
Speaker 4: By the way, that's all I have is that garbage.
Speaker 6: That's the ones we gave you. But we didn't give that to people we liked.
Speaker 4: And good morning, cono howdy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not saying that good morning to you.
Speaker 4: Oh good good. All right, let's see what you.
Speaker 3: Know.
Speaker 4: It just sounds like you have no teeth, That's all.
Speaker 5: It does not it.
Speaker 4: Certainly does you know what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're saying hello in Bakersfield.
Speaker 3: I thought of some dude like toy Story or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I think I really enjoyed. No, no, no, I thought it was like a Disney kind.
Speaker 5: Of that you are has nothing to do with Disney.
Speaker 2: The only thing you hear from Disney is no, that's not enough money, we need more.
Speaker 3: Whenever you go to on Disney, howdy, and I put it in my mouth.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm watching a whole series of documentaries on Disney Plus, which I'm a fan of, about how the rides are developed and imagineering, and it's just really interesting stuff. All right, let's do it. It's a foody Friday. Today is foody Friday. Itself from eight to eight thirty and then ask handle anything.
Speaker 4: Okay, news here we go.
Speaker 2: Me Amy Neil late story, God, Supreme Court, you said something really interesting, and that is, you know those all environmental impact studies that are filed over and over and over again, and we all knew that they were complete crapple because it's people just stopping insert name of project here. Supreme Court said, yeah, they are crap ola.
Speaker 4: And we're going to really limit those.
Speaker 2: And that's I'm also going to do that at seven fifty because that is a huge case and it got lost in the translation. Well, also, it happened I think it happened on Wednesday or it happened yesterday, So that's coming up at seven fifty.
Speaker 4: That story. Okay, okay, the tear down.
Speaker 5: The tariffs were blocked, but today's a new day. As you know, things change at breakneck speed in the Trump administration, and now a federal appeals court has paused the ruling from the day before from the Court of International Trade that had blocked the tariffs. The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuits ruling restores Trump's ability to impose tariffs using the emergency powers that he declared earlier this year. The court also ordered both sides to submit they're written are arguments on the question of whether the tariffs should be blocked or not, and have them filed by early next month.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The issue here, I mean, it's not the merits of any kind. It's does the president have the power under the Emergency Economic Powers Act. Yesterday I was telling you the president is declaring everything at emergency and the law allows him to do virtually anything under quote emergency powers.
Speaker 4: And that's and there were two cases. One was.
Speaker 2: He overstepped his powers and declaring an emergency. This is it's not an emergency. We've been we've had terrorists for fifty years or eighty years or one hundred years, all of a sudden, it's an emergency. And two, whether it even applies is the other case. So the appeals court in this case agreed with the lower court saying, no, he doesn't have the power. And now what happens with the appeals court is you can't appeal an appeals court decision within the appeals court.
Speaker 4: And let me explain how that works.
Speaker 2: You have three justices in the appeals court and they will make a decision One of the things that someone can ask, a plaintiff can ask is that the appeals court here the same case again, but end Bank.
Speaker 4: That's een Bank, which.
Speaker 2: Is full of Jews, because if you're not Jewish, you can't be on the n Bank panel. That is a completely racist joke. N Bank means the entire panel of justices and they're like twenty seven on the Court of Appeals.
Speaker 4: And the Court of.
Speaker 2: Appeals over real ruled its own Court of Appeals, and now it goes to the Supreme Court and we'll see how far that goes. Neil, you're looking at me like you didn't understand that. Do you understand that?
Speaker 6: I understood it. I didn't prior to you say anything. I had no idea about it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Yeah, it's kind of fun and end bank Ian and it's rarely used, but it can be used. I mean, this is obviously a very very big deal, huge constitutional question of major import, which also has to do with taxes import major import. Damn, I'm good today, geez, I'm connecting the dots.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: The thing about medical studies, they should exist before you quote them, so the White House will fix errors in quotes and a much anticipated federal government report spearheaded by the US Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy Jr.
Speaker 6: Which you know is upset at the American food supply rightly so, pesticides rightly so, and concerned with prescription drugs, rightly so, I suppose. But his wide ranging Make America Healthy Again report released last week, it's cited all these studies, but with some scrutiny and looking at it, found that some of those studies didn't actually exist. And again, yeah, as I've said before, the guy is an activist.
Speaker 3: He shouldn't be in the role to begin with.
Speaker 2: Well, but let's look at this, citing the report that he in fact mandated. He's the one that created for or requested. The report has studies that do not exist. And of course White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt, who comes up with stuff that's beyond comprehension, said this was a formatting problem. You see, when you have a formatting problem, you manufacture studies.
Speaker 4: How does she do this with a straight face.
Speaker 3: They have a pretext problem, Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: For example, the Court of Appeals, non elected justices are making determinations that should be aid by the president. Non elected justices read the constitution.
Speaker 4: What do they want to do?
Speaker 2: We elect judges now the supremes court people run for the office.
Speaker 4: I mean, where is she going with this?
Speaker 2: Where all these people are crazy? I understand, do your politics, do your conservatism, I get that, But don't say the constitution is wrong unless they agree with you.
Speaker 4: And don't say that should be abolished.
Speaker 2: And don't say that that Congress effectively should be abolished and the president should have all of the power. And don't say, by the way, when we manufacture facts, ignore that because we'll come up with some bs reason.
Speaker 4: It's astounding to me, like this is.
Speaker 3: Why I'm an independent, no longer belong.
Speaker 6: To either party because they both do the same stupid things.
Speaker 3: To me, this is the equivalent.
Speaker 6: You know, are there problems with the health in the United States? Absolutely, hey, they don't. But the thing it's it reminds me of the defund the police. It's like, you just go to this this extent that is ridiculous. It's like, don't take vaccines, don't trust this, don't trust that, and then the system.
Speaker 4: To tell you.
Speaker 2: As much as I didn't like the Biden administration, where there's a lot of criticism that administration did not release studies and papers in which things were just manufactured out of whole cloth, just manufactured like this was. So. I think this administration is going further in many ways than any other administration in history.
Speaker 4: That I'm convinced of. And we'll see whether the Court agrees with that or not. Supreme Court. All right, Amy, Well, the US has put a deal together.
Speaker 5: Israel says, okay, now it's up to Hamas. Israel has accepted a new US proposal for a temporary ceasepy with Hamas. In the deal that was brokered by Special Envoy Steve Wikoff, Hamas would release ten live hostages, also some of the dead hostages, and there would be a sixty day truth. Hamas officials gave the Israeli approved draft a rather cool response. They say they're looking at it and want to study the proposal more closely before giving a formal answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look how far apart they are. Hamas wants a complete withdrawal of Israel out of it, permanent ceasefire aid to a gaza, and Israel says no, no, we want Hamas to disarm and disappear, and the leaders go into exile and Israel is occupying eighty percent of Gaza right now, or seventy five percent of Gaza. I don't know how they're going to reconcile the two. Maybe they will at some point, and I'm not a big fan of thinking those hostages are all going to live. You know, you only tell you how stupid Hamas is. In addition to the morality issue here, and that's not to say that Israel's not immoral in what it's doing, and that is you got a bunch of hostages, hostages, that's the only those are the only cards you're holding. That's it, nothing else, and you treat those hostages like crap. You would think those hostages would be treated like gold because they're the ones that have. That's the card that they that Ramas has. I don't get it. I don't understand a lot of this.
Speaker 6: Well more frustration when it comes to war. A United States told the United Nations Security Council just yesterday that their proposal for ceasefire in Ukraine was Russia's best or is Russia's best possible outcome and President Putin to take the deal. They say they want to work with Russia, including the Peace Initiative and an economic package, but there's just no military solution in the conflict period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is where President Judge just misjudged thinking it was going to in the war day one. I think he underestimated the scope of this fight, underestimated Putin and his desire to annex a third of Ukraine, and underestimated Ukraine's ability to fight in their motivation, Uh, it's uh.
Speaker 3: Well, he's got to get something because he's going, oh yeah, spent three years, three years, we've a p.
Speaker 2: He's going to get He's going to get some land. He's going to get land. There's no question. The question is how much. And that's the fight, all right. I think we do one more before the break, okay, Amy.
Speaker 5: Staying on the issue of Ukraine. The Pope Leo is president the President Hope Leo the fourteenth has made a plea to President Trump to hurry up and do something about Putin. After Russia launched another huge drone strike on Ukraine, Robert Prevost, as he was formerly known, doubled down on his appeals to the US President to fulfill his promise to end the Russia Ukraine War.
Speaker 4: This is what popes do you know?
Speaker 2: They threatened to pray these people to death and it usually doesn't work. And the pope is offering that the Vatican mediate the fight. No one's particularly interested. No one is Has a pope become irrelevant?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much so.
Speaker 6: Christy Noam came out from the Trump administration and said that a migrant, a legal migrant, threatened to kill Trump. Investigators look looking at it, say it might be a setup. So you've got Homeland Security Secretary Christie Noam posting these allegations. I thought myself pictures of the guy, and the guy said he's gonna kill apparently in a letter kill President Trump before self deporting. The problem is investigators looking at this think the migrant was actually a victim of a setup.
Speaker 3: Maybe tying into some.
Speaker 6: Other case that he would be a witness to and getting rid of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the story is much bigger than this, because this is Christy Gnohaim on a regular basis, pointed to some illegal alien who's committed a crime to prove that illegal aliens are all these criminals. And the crime rate among illegal aliens migrants is no more or less than that of the general population. They commit as much crime as anybody else. But because they're illegal. Look at this. This proves how dangerous these illegal migrants are. Here's the analogy, uh, is that a city official in la Uh, there is a member of a chess club who.
Speaker 4: Has committed a horrible murder.
Speaker 2: Therefore, we're going to shut down every chess club in the city because here's the proof that members of chess clubs are inherently dangerous and should be outlawed.
Speaker 4: That and I think that's a good analogy.
Speaker 3: That's a little oversimplified. It's not that they do more crime.
Speaker 6: I think it's that why add crime unnecessarily to the United States?
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: But these are these are different.
Speaker 2: These are you know, an example, an example here, in an example there, and that proves it.
Speaker 6: You know someone, well, my son eats a certain amount of food, Why don't I just bring one hundred more people into my house to eat.
Speaker 3: The same amount of food as my sons.
Speaker 2: Because there's a difference between migration and criminality across eleven million people.
Speaker 6: They're here illegally. We don't need extra problems. Not that they all do. That would be stupid. I can't stand when people think that you know that they're dregs. These are people that want or it's equally as bad to say all they want to do here is crap jobs. They're human beings. I want to be doctors and lawyers and everything else.
Speaker 2: But I, okay, I, you and I are on opposite pages on this one. I you you you know, I just love criminals clearly and love rap.
Speaker 6: You'd be out of a job if there there you go. You loved it so much you wanted to cuddle up with them, become a law yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Would you have practiced defense law?
Speaker 4: No? No if.
Speaker 2: I once asked the defense lawyer friend of mine who does capital cases, capital cases murders, and I said, you know these people did it?
Speaker 4: You know it.
Speaker 2: How do you defend someone who has killed a human being and try to get your client off? And he said, you can't look at it that way. The way you have to look at it is you're holding the government accountable to the constitution that they have to follow the rules, and if they don't follow the rules, the penalty for not following the rules is letting people out, because that's the way our country is based on. You have to look at it that way, he said, you can't look at you know they I'm defending someone who murders folks out there like, Okay, that's how they do it. So the answer is no, Amy, I never would because I can't go there.
Speaker 5: Okay, a little proof would be NICEI Deputy Director Dan Bongino says, the FBI plans to release a new video that shows Jeffrey Ebstein. Of course, he's the guy who did all the sex trafficking of young girls, actually did kill himself in federal custody. He says, there is video clear as day. He's the only person in there and the only person coming out. You can see it.
Speaker 4: I love these conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: Don't you Anything that you have any doubt about is a conspiracy. Doesn't matter what it is.
Speaker 3: This won't matter. Though. The sad thing is this week.
Speaker 6: AI came out with audio and video and all kinds of things. So if people want to believe in a conspiracy, they will, and all they'll do is say that's AI.
Speaker 3: That's not even real.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's just saying yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: Santa Monica residents, if you remember we talked about this some months ago, they were annoyed by Waymo those driver lists vehicles that are attached to Google beeping so they legally have to beep when they back up, right like certain vans delivery vans in life. But it's this one area, a parking structure in Santa Monica where they have to go to park at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: They're constantly beeping and this keeps escalating.
Speaker 6: You've got people living there that are standing in front to keep them from going, and they're putting cones out, They're blocking with other cars, and the people from Waymo are calling the cops, and it keeps escalating, escalating and escalating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing drives you crazier.
Speaker 2: I mean the other day I was there's a video up we have at Bill Handles, show the Instagram page, and there I am at Costco in one of my little scooters shopping because Mike, I can't walk on my feet very well because I'm wearing the boot. And as soon as you back that cart up, baby, babe, babe, babe, it dries everybody nuts, which is why I went shopping backwards for half an hour.
Speaker 3: To find the most annoying way to shop A Yeah, making friends everywhere you go everywhere?
Speaker 5: All right, bad dog we got La has recorded seventy seven dog attacks on mail carriers in twenty twenty four. That's the highest number of any city in the US. Overall, postal workers were bit six thousand times in the last year in the US. Also nationwide, California leads all the other states seven hundred and one dog bites. And they're letting this information out as National Dog Bite Awareness Awareness campaign begins on June first this year. It's called Secure your Dog, Keep Deliveries on track.
Speaker 4: My dogs just went through doggy training.
Speaker 2: We got the little our little Doxy, and so we put both of them through doggy training and it was three weeks or two and a half weeks of boarding school. I mean they're there every day. One of the classes was eating mailmen. It is something that dogs just do.
Speaker 3: I wonder why theory behind that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the uniforms.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: Well, no, the theory is because they walk up, they have a purpose. They walk up, the dog barks and they walk away. The dog thinks that they're barking is making them walk away, and that they're defending that this.
Speaker 2: Is but anybody comes to the door because they walk away, the dog assumes that they're scaring them away, so they can.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's as good as anything else. Okay, that resonates, Well, thank you.
Speaker 6: We have the worst. We don't have the worst dogs, we have the worst dog owners in Los Angeles' Yeah, okay, great, okay, forty three thousand year old human. I'm not talking about Bill, but this is a fingerprint that they found on a rock and they believe it was made by a Neanderthal. Also not talking about Bill. The fingerprint is made of red material of ocre and left by a Neanderthal, and they believe that this is the first fingerprint ever. They also believe that it was intentional, like they were trying to do a face or a design on the stone.
Speaker 3: But some disagree with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some just think this is a red dot.
Speaker 6: Well no, I think they all believe that it's a fingerprint, but they don't all believe that it was intentional, like they were drawing or putting a face on something, which would make it a little different and more so.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this was a start of East Indians putting dots on their forehead red ones.
Speaker 5: Moving on, finally, the toxic bloom is wilting. We've been telling you for months about this toxic algae bloom off the coast of southern California. That has been making marine mammals and birds sick and even killing them. Well, the Marine Mammal Care Center in sam Pedro says they have had no new patients showing signs of demoic acid toxicosis in the past week, and they're not seeing any of the algae anymore.
Speaker 3: So it looks like that the bloom is broken up.
Speaker 5: In the past few months, animals, birds, sea lions, dolphins, and other marine mammals again have been sick or killed by the demoic acid poisoning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll bet you this is cyclical, clearly, and I'll bet you it's going to get worse next year. Year by year, it gets worse because of climate change.
Speaker 4: You watch.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: After losing last month in Orange County Superior Court, the state of California is asking a state appellet court to overturn the Huntington Beach measure, if you remember, that would require voters to present photo identification to cast ballots local elections. Why does anybody have a problem.
Speaker 2: It's amazing because you have civil libertarians that say, somehow forcing people to have and to show ID interferes with their ability to vote. Well, you know what, the same thing about not having a are interferes with your ability to vote, the same thing with having a ballot situation, or you have a post office three blocks away instead of right next to you interferes with.
Speaker 4: Your ability to vote. I don't get it either. I don't get it. I've told this story before last time.
Speaker 2: I used to go to the ballot places because I just enjoy physically voting.
Speaker 4: I don't even bother anymore.
Speaker 2: I literally went to the person working to check, you know, to quote check my ID is simply they ask you your name and ask you and say is this your address? And all you do is say yes. And I tried to show my ID. They got offended. No, we don't want to see it.
Speaker 3: I go, I've seen the picture on there that I might not be just that it was the ID.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but it's okay. I understand that, okay in this case. But I don't understand either. You know, I can't get it.
Speaker 4: Don't don't get it, all right, one last one.
Speaker 5: Stay in your seat or else. Turkey has announced that it is going to start finding impatient passengers who unfasten their seatbelts or stand up to try to rush off the plane before it gets to the gate. New rules also include finding passengers who smoke on board or stand while the plane is still taxiing.
Speaker 4: All right, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: People do stand up, and the attendants go sit down, sit down, sit down, and the pilot or the purser or whoever on the airplane stay seated until the plane has come to a complete stop. And there's always some jerk who stands up and starts opening the overhead all right, So Turkey's gonna find them, and we'll see.
Speaker 4: What happens with that. Those mad cap turks who just just.
Speaker 3: Sit down, I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: Because you've been sitting on a flight for five hours and you just want to get up and just as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: Five more minutes, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still five want you want your legs or cramped. I can see it. I can see it.
Speaker 3: Ever matter rush to get their bags.
Speaker 4: No, that's what they do, and they way.
Speaker 2: I know, you're at the back of the plane and you're standing up, and yeah, I get that, But still it's because you just want to get out of there as quickly as possible. All right, We're done, guys with the news. This is KFI am six forty.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app