Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody? Welcome to a new episode of My Canicass. I'm Cannon, Dave, I'm Greevy. On today's episode, we have a special guests, uh what's called you might as well? We got Matt on. How's it going today, Matt good Man? Are you guys doing pretty good?
Speaker 3: Doing pretty good?
Speaker 2: I appreciate you joining us, looking forward to diving in and getting to know, getting all your back history within cannabis and then uh, talk about where you're working and then the events that you're throwing, because that's that's why we wanted to bring you on, because it's we're at your Halloween one and it was pretty sweet. Looking forward to diving in more into that. But let's let's get the people know a little bit about you. What do you What got you in the cannabis? Good cannabis?
Speaker 4: Like, Uh, so I came up with brick weed, you know, back in the day, and so I understand what crap cannabis is or brick weed or whatever you want to say. I found chronic and like this has been like two thousand and three, two thousand and two something like that, and like ever since, like I was always looking for the best weed to smoke. And then it came we got caregiver. We want caregiver with a medical and eight o nine. So at that time I'm like, okay, now I got to grow the best cannabis. And so the first like I don't know how deep you want to get into it being the intro.
Speaker 3: But like deep the first three years.
Speaker 4: Maybe of myself growing weed, like from nine to twelve something like that, I would like sell a bag of my weed to buy a bag of somebody else's because it was so terrible. I had no idea. I'd never grown a plant at that point, had never grown anything.
Speaker 3: Like I feel I got a lot of it. But people think that they're just gonna get out there and grow some chronics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it takes some strikes. Like you don't become good at something by being just good at something. I swear the best people are driven by passion like talents that's cool or whatever, But talent comes from hard work and consistency, you know what I mean. And failure, Oh, lots of failure, lots of that, lots of learning exactly.
Speaker 4: So uh, I was directed and taught by like the gross store guy too, you know, like I I had unreliable teachers that was more about the sale than the teaching of how to actually grow good ship and like back then there's like some forums and ship by like there's paranoia everywhere too, right, that was just back in the days where like if you had like five patients under your caregiver, you were like on this special list, right, like bro, like you were like everybody said, there's this list that went around, right that the cops or the state had that, like if you have remaxed out on your kid caregiver, Like what's the deal there? So there's always this paranoia. I would never look online. I would never type anything we need into my phone, and like like smartphones were like weren't like super smart yet either, you know they were I don't think I don't think Siri was out yet touch but yeah, so like it was like learning through experience at that point, and I had no idea what I was doing then, just making like incremental changes throughout and like starting to get more and more into it. And then uh so, like I started getting better on twenty twelve and I started asking with my wife and I were like, how can we make the shed bigger? You know, like we had a two lighter in there, like how can I make this thing a little bit more? And I started like kind of exploring different avenues. I didn't really know where I was going with my life. I had been playing pro poker professionally for a long time. Yeah, this was like yeah, like I did a lot of.
Speaker 3: A poker.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, I'm like, this is the point in my life where I'm like trying to figure out where I'm going, right, Like what my direction. I'm going to school, Like I was going to be a teacher, but I couldn't pass the state test to be a teacher because I dropped out of high school with freshman year sophomore year and uh I didn't know like the geometry trigonometry questions that were on this test. I'm like, I just.
Speaker 3: Like whatever I'm going, we haven't a tea is we need more poker plays? Right, I'm sorry, No, we need more teachers.
Speaker 5: I just thought that was fun, but no, that that's super cool story. I mean, because honestly, you're going different ways. You know, you're you sounds like you're being pulled.
Speaker 4: Starting when I was starting a family, you know, I had a young daughter. I was about to have a son, and yeah, we were busy, you know, trying to try to and I'm trying to find my way and broke right, got nothing. And actually what I started my first girl with, uh the extra student loan money that you would get from school. You could get like an extra like four.
Speaker 5: Or five thousand dollars and like you guys have way too much Kountro Camray, y'all didn't even see it.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, this is wild, Dave made Dude, I've heard a super closet because I saw it in high times. I did Hydro and I was like, I want to grow so bad. I was living at my mom still, and I was like, what's the only way I can grow?
Speaker 3: To try to get a class and drop a class?
Speaker 4: But that I got, I got. I got the debt. I got the debt, But I also got the career, actual career I was looking for out of it. So like, even though it was like a fucking one percent of the total death that I got out of it, but still like I got the true education I was looking for. Because in twenty fourteen, there was a certain growth store that was moving from Brighton to Whitmore Lake, and if you know, you know, and that was working for him during that transition, and I built his sales department in uh. I built his sales department, which it accumulated like a lot of relationships with a lot of reps and stuff that was going on. But I was also starting to see like people come in every month and buy five gallon jugs of like cal mag and A and B. And I'm like why or how are these guys going through so much nutrients? Like it wasn't registering to me, like how are they doing this? And then it like clicked. I was like, oh shit, And I started learning the more like one plant, more on one light kind of like style of grow right where we could be limited by what our rules are. Our rules were seventy two plants, so we maximize the shit out of those seventy two plants. Other people's even today, right, it's the same same rule, but like other people have plant count or a square footage restrictions, and like you maximize what your rule is so we can play within the law so we don't get raided.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: So like I mean exactly within the law and you're able to capitalize on it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, So like twenty four I'm seeing this transition. I'm seeing the shit happen. And then I meet a guy because I was also cooking at the time. A guy owned a restaurant in Brighton, and he put me onto a spot he had an ionia. And if you don't know, so I live in Brighton and whatever, you know where I live, I On's ninety miles.
Speaker 3: From pretty big city. They're not going to be now I know he lives.
Speaker 4: I only is ninety miles from Brighton. So that's where my first like commercial trap caregiver spot was. I turned that into a forty lighter. I was harvesting every other week, and I was like, that was like my step from backyard grower to okay, let's take this shiit seriously, you know. I I started getting hints on like where the law was going with this licensing stuff. I started learning about that in like twenty fifteen sixteen, so like when legislation was starting to get introduced for it, and I started seeing the future of it. Obviously that everything that had happened it happened in Colorado was like a good stepping stone of obviously what was could be coming in the future. And so I started just kind of learning and trying to get the best out of it that I could and learn and do it most efficiently, most effectively. And like it was ninety miles from my house. It was in Ionia. If you know anything about Ionia, there's not much to it. I had no internet service. I had nothing, so like I bought my first like from twenty fourteen to sixteen, I had a hot spot like an AT and C wireless hot spot, and the only thing that could data drive was my thermostats. So all I ever would have was my thermostats. So I'd look at my thermostats. If the temperatures were up, I knew something was fucked up. If the humidity was down, I knew something was fucked up, and I had to get get out there.
Speaker 5: So so that's a cool way to analyze it, though, like that's a really ingenuitive at the time.
Speaker 3: Now you can do everything for my mapp.
Speaker 4: No, you knew everything from app, And like if I had internet over there, it'd be a lot easier to I would ad sensors and other shit that I've been able to look in on, or cameras and shit like that.
Speaker 3: Right, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: But I was trapping too, Like I was carrying like ten to twenty pounds from Ionia then down to Detroit allegedly whatever. Like the backpack days, right, Like you'd walk in and with a backpack full of week and you walk out with a backpack full of cash. And that was like that was life for four years before licensing went.
Speaker 3: On, and like many years before that, you know. I mean that's what it was.
Speaker 5: I mean that's what cannabis was pushed into because of all the propaganda, you know, So like that's what it was, and like paper's crazy to see how farther it's gone.
Speaker 4: So like, and like I didn't trust anyone back then either, so like I didn't really have anybody helping me run a forty lighter, so I did all that shit by myself, Like my wife would come help trim or like pull plants down for a day or something like that. Bro like it, but it hardened me. Like that's the thing that like I'm in this transition of like trying to really figure out this origin story and like the meat and the potatoes of the story. And I think like the big turning point for me was this weekend where I had nobody, I had my biggest harvest that I had. I had partners that were up my ass about money. We were not making any money. We're barely breaking even. I was paying myself like five hundred thousand bus a week maybe, like just to make sure I could get back and forth, like nothing was happening. And I ended up working a fourteen hour day, a fourteen hour day, and then a nineteen hour day, and I drove home every time afterwards, and I went back out the next day.
Speaker 5: And like that mentally, that grit, though, is what makes you, like I feel like kind not deserve it per se, but what makes you go through that hard time to.
Speaker 4: Do the time that mentally broke me at that point. And but that was like almost like a reawakening or like a rebirth or.
Speaker 3: Something out of that, right, like, yeah, yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: It was like it totally brought me into a completely new stratosphere almost. And that was after I had gotten raided and restarted in the exact same s we can like, that's a whole nother story, another story they related up.
Speaker 2: That's wow, man, I'm sorry to go through that as well.
Speaker 4: It's all what got me to who I am today though, right, Like So in we uh twenty eighteen, we went more licensing and I made a shift into one company and the grower from that company moved from Colorado to here, and I made a good I had a good relationship with him when he was out in Colorado. Uh, some people know who that probably watched this who he is, but I'm not going to stand your names or do anything like that. So he turned into this complete lunatic and like it was like the most toxic environment that you'd ever walk into. And like this was like four years of me running to grow a forty later by myself, like refining my processes, and then you take that into somewhere and like you're willing to share your experiences and ideas and like tweak things and get things better, and you're completely shunned and fucking looked down on and like held back right, like everybody understands what that fucking glass ceiling feels like. Like there there was this fucking could not break through type of thing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: But again that was like one of the things that hardened me in too be a good boss that I am today, Like I know that today and the girl that I run with, the four dudes that we got there, They're not coming in and having a bad day at work, Like it just doesn't happen. Like everybody gets along with each other, and if you didn't get along with each other, I weaved out, like you got to fit within our mold and like everybody has a good time when they come to work. There's no anxiety, there's no social anxiety. There's no like like I used to drive up that grow and see that dude's car and I was like, fuck, here goes my day, right, Like it's.
Speaker 5: Either exactly That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, definitely. I definitely had to take a step back after that one for a minute. But then I also at that after that, uh, Minton Cannico started up. He and I kind of like he had the building and the structure, but he didn't have like the that, if you lack of a better term, SOPs to kind of implement to kind of like get a go. So that's where I kind of came in. Uh that relationship ended however whatever, and then we went excuse me. Then I went and uh, this was like post COVID, so twenty twenty one, I found the guys that I'm with now the building that they were building out, but it wasn't like finished, so I got to put some of my own touches on it. And uh, that brings me kind of finally to where I am today with faded.
Speaker 3: So that was the long the orige of the story.
Speaker 2: I like it, man, that was a good that's a good story. I appreciate that well. And then honestly, years take us through the years.
Speaker 3: It's when you think about it's like, that's literally how it was.
Speaker 5: And I want to ask you both something since this is like I guess you guys are kind of molded from the same cloth in.
Speaker 3: The sense, but for going through the raid looking back.
Speaker 5: Like because because I look back, the only thing I can really too traumatic, Like I had my own DUI, Right, that like kind of woke me up. But did do you feel like that kind of like just repivot kind of your whole strategy in this game?
Speaker 2: I mean I quit for a while, so yeah, so I mean I kind of bounced out of it, but then I came back in kind of you became.
Speaker 5: A canadave, though right before that you weren't Canna dave. You were growing with people and stuff, right, I almost feel like you guys grew from this even though it was Yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure, I would say so for sure, it was probably beneficial that it happened, I guess, right, and looking back.
Speaker 3: Is always easier, right. I know there's a lot of trauma to it and all that.
Speaker 4: So for me, it was so easy for me to jump into the license game. I know there was like so much hate that event that came out, especially in the beginning with like licensed cultivations, well cultivations versus caregivers and like it like fucking respect the ship out of the caregiver. I was a caregiver. I'll always defend the caregiver. Million these organizations or groups, so they got together that tried to squash it, like yeah, like it was a or whatever. Yeah, you know, it never happened. They didn't win, right, Like the rules still stood and they are what they are. So I'll always have a special place in my heart for a caregiver. But in my situation from getting raided, having a family, wanting to move forward my life, I didn't want to go to jail ever again, and like that was like I'm what I if I have to fucking pay fifty percent taxes and we don't pay that but excise taxes or whatever the fuck they want, Like, I will play your game in order to live my life safely.
Speaker 5: And I and one hundred percent he went the same route, but he went super legit with the caregiver doesn't break a single thing, like very legit. I was curious because, like and also to shed some light on some people who are still trying to paint this wall between caregivers of metric. But at the end of the day, it's a lot of them came from the same ship you did. They just want their lives a little safer. So I just wanted to shed some light from a perspective of, like some shit you guys really went through.
Speaker 2: That's why I wanted for it to go legal so bad in eighteen and my dreams eventually give my flower and market getting in a grow or something that be dope.
Speaker 5: I just, I just I wonder if that was stem from that. I was curious, and I think I think, thank you for your sharing.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't have you shouldn't have to go to jail for we No, no, you know, it's like the worst.
Speaker 4: And like I said, I'll play the game if you want me to play the game, but I'm going to do it like efficiently, effectively, and I'm going to fucking kill it. Like that's just kind of who I am, and like that's what's driven me to the be able to build the relationships that I do, to be able to do things like this event or like, uh, we just kind of talked about I'm now a uh I'm part of the Advanced Cultivation or Advanced Commercial team, the Advanced Nutrients Commercial Team. It's a new team that we built because there's new products that are going to be launched and I'm out here to drive or our group of you know, there's a handful of us. We're out here to drive commercial sales but also to build the SOPs for it to because there's a new product launch that's coming and we could get into that if you want to.
Speaker 3: The new line.
Speaker 4: So it's the eighth gen, right this and this is like kind of what was talked about at biscon.
Speaker 3: Geat you go into a little bit, I'm curious.
Speaker 4: So it's like, uh so let's back up a little bit. So uh let's how I we can talk about Mike grow and my cultivation. Right, So, like I have been grown with Cana for six to eight years now, and I grew with advance for from like twenty twelve, like when my weed started shifting to get better weed till like twenty sixteen something like that, when I switched to Coco and I just want to try a couple of new things. I went to Cana and I went to Coco and out of Rockwell and I went and played with microbes a little bit more than I was able to, like an inert media. And so I've been with Cana and been doing Cana for a long time. Additives from other companies here and there, whatever, but my base regiment was Knaam being cannaboost and that kind of got me to where I am today. However, so advanced back in the day had this very like thirteen bottle approach, right, like they.
Speaker 3: Have all the bottles, Yeah, like a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's like I don't know how big of your segment of listeners are growers, but we got growers, so yes, I understand then, So like you know, there's a there's a big marketing employee behind like the cartoon look and the Instagram model, if you will, like for other companies, Like I'm not saying that's like the advanced thing, but it was like this marketing employee, like the cartoon in the Big Bud, and like it's just something that like I kind of wised up to and kind of moved on. It's like something a little bit more simplistic and like a little bit more bosique kind of style of what I was looking for. And that's kind of what drove me into Canada. So Advance had approached me a few times in the last few years many years to be a kind of a sales with them, to do something collaborative with them, and I just kept denying and denying it. And then they came up to me, and this was a couple months ago, and they approached me with their eighth Gen that they're launching. And so this is long end of the short and why I'm getting into this eighth Gen stuff now is now, See, the eighth Gen is a lot more simplistic of an approach. It doesn't have the thirteen bottles. It takes a lot I keep saying thirteen and it's not whatever. It takes a lot of the recipes, like they take a lot of like three four bottles they put it into one. It's more simplistic foot approach. It's going to be a two part powder instead of like a three pop party where some of these other companies have been traditionally on, and then a couple liquid additives that go with it. So they approached me with an opportunity to do marketing for that, to uh to run the right that like the SOPs for it, to like test an R and D the product. Like obviously they have a good scene that have already done that.
Speaker 3: But that's really cool.
Speaker 5: No, I was just saying that you're actually being a part of the process of like this eighth generation like launch, and that's really cool to be a part of it. And like especially with a brand like them, They've been around for a while and like you said, they have their own things. So I mean, trying to be innovative is what keeps you alive as a company.
Speaker 3: So I respect that.
Speaker 4: So part of my mission in this industry is to uh take this industry to a little bit more of a professional level, and to do so through culture change. And so when we look at Advanced in their past and the way that they've and I'm calling this out is I don't I don't pull any punches like I have nothing to lose at this point, like it does. And I've said this in meetings of advance. I don't think that I haven't said this before, but like I'm here to drive culture shift, and like when they approach me with the new packaging and the new look and the more sleek and like more suited to the license cultivator who's smart that doesn't need marketing to sell them on good product and on equality, clean, simplistic product, that's what got me. So, Like their new packaging is just super sleek. There's a picture of it on my Instagram, is very black and gold. Like there's no picture to it. It's just straight to the point of what it is. It's a few products that have been combined into one so you don't have the multiple approaches, and there's some really cool innovative things that are in the recipe of the products as well. So having the opportunity to do this now and then try to shift this company that's one of the one of the global leaders in nutrients supply and nutrient distribution to whatever you want to say to the masses, to be able to be part of that change and that shift and that culture shift into a more positive professional level and direction with something that was that kind of it enticed me and it was like very easy for me to get behind and to kind of do. Like like I said, part of my mission personally is to drive culture in professionalism through this industry. There's too much fucking bullshit. Sorry my language, figure it out.
Speaker 5: But I mean, like we're smoking buds, so like that's not there, Like yeah, you already you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, broken rules. They're not gonna be like, oh you're cool now.
Speaker 5: No, I mean again, I'm just joking, but no, I mean, but I mean this kind of transitions to your event, right, like when you're trying to you said, you're trying to have that professionalism, right, So I let's tie that in a little bit because I do think that like there are events now are trying to like this sort of bridging that they still tap into culture, but there's still professional networking rate.
Speaker 3: They're kind of this.
Speaker 5: Middle ground where because like because I think you see, like there are culture events where it's just like you know, old school of people trap in and like you know, I mean culture and then you got people you know, then you just got straight events where it's all network where it's not I can't let loose and smoke a little bit where these ones in the middle are kind of that like beautiful synergy.
Speaker 4: So my events are to be a cooperation in a collaboration and not a competition. That was like my biggest drive in things. And I've been to some of these other parties and they respect those people that put those parties on because I know fucking how hard it is, I know what it takes to do it. I have tons of respect for all those people and their little niches that they've grown. My niche that I'm trying to grow with my events is like I said, collaboration, not necessarily even networking. It's just a bunch of people being able to come out, hang out, have a bunch of fireweed and like consumption and like we're not trying to like like respect is Olympics. They've built something amazingly, Like they have a great brand, they have a great competition Tyler shout out Zachieber. Absolutely and total respect of everything that they're doing. But that's not what I was looking to do. Like I wasn't looking to do the competition because then you have this it's a different energy, right, Like and like I'm not saying that that energy is a negative thing, like that that energy is its own thing. And like my energies that I'm trying to put off at these things are a little bit more to that professionalism.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean I I see, I see them almost just different lights where I mean, when you're at a competition, like the star of the show is that the the hot strains new flavors, right, this is more focus on genetics. But like for events like yours or like you know me Connect Puffed like you, it's more about that networking, getting to know people like you can actually have time to talk.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when it's like a competition, there's loud music, it's kind of like a party. It's more culture.
Speaker 5: So I think it's kind of like a you know, it's kind of like a say, I don't even know like a scale and you know, like.
Speaker 4: I still consider myself, but far different than the me connect. Like what he's doing over there is a very business to business networking, like yeah, brand promotion, and what I'm doing is uh and he does he showcases as well. That's it would be a showcase too, but I'm also kind of showcasing certain brands like with the Dad Bars and the.
Speaker 3: Don Up Bars, very unique, right, the pre rolls yeah.
Speaker 4: Like and we so with my events. But one thing I like, h I'm like super like history and like the nineteen twenties fascinate me. In thirties and the Great Depression all that fascinating.
Speaker 3: We're in the twenties again, I thought about that sixty years ago. This is the twenties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like I think about those parties, the cigarette girls, right, they're all walking around, they're like and so I wanted I took that and like put that into my events with like these girls like and so the if you see like pre role contributors on my page, those are the brands that are giving me one to two hundred pre rolls before the show and for my girls to go out there and like have samples of the handout to everybody, you know. So like I just want to cater everybody with as much as I can. And the initial the initial plan of it, like with the Growers Gal, the first one was like this, let's.
Speaker 5: Celebrate the growers And that's what I was trying to say. It's like, what are you celebrating at that moment? And that's different because I love culture events too, but you're just celebrating the plant. That's why sometimes those are my favorite.
Speaker 3: Because River's just getting stone having a fun time, talk about favor.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love all the.
Speaker 5: Events, right, And I think when you go from culture events, funds, getting high DJ's music all the way to like Biscon, where it's like we're just talking business.
Speaker 3: Let's all needed, let's complete, let's dive into.
Speaker 4: That's what I've been going to. Business has since twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: I met you, you guys met Prior, Oh Jesus Christ and serious like over but no, y'all met Prior, right, was just online?
Speaker 2: Okay, well we might have the event before the first one, the second one, the second one Halloween, the other.
Speaker 4: Magic massive, magic massa same. It was like copy and paste, just add Halloween theme.
Speaker 3: Which is funny. I like this.
Speaker 4: Well, the first one went so well and I had such good feedback and which I had no idea I was going to get, Like what Another thing that I like, really like focus on is not being a corporate event, like making this a family thing. So it's me, my wife, my brother, my niece, Like we're the main people that put this on and like so it's family, like we keep it in the family. My brother's girlfriend will help, like my niece's friends will come help, like like my grandmother, like the grandma's will come with like it during the day, help set up and watch the kids or whatever, right, like so uh yeah, everybody's kind of into it. And like we the more family we put it on, the less corporative feels, so people can't relax and have that environment. And it's kind of funny to see the evolution even between the two events. I put a lot of money into catering, Like that's very important to me to have good food around for these events, and like I'm looking for a very specific thing the events and foods.
Speaker 3: So yeah, especially like three joints, four joints.
Speaker 4: But like the first event, like nobody ate anything like a way over Spence on it and like nobody took it, like many of the pre roles, so we had like five hundred of them left over, like people just weren't taking them, and like well like left over by I left me at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: We were like take like everyone these are free.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like.
Speaker 4: But like.
Speaker 3: The yeah, you were talking about learning from each event.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, to watch the evolution now in the second event, like we were like food was being consumed a little bit more, people were more comfortable taking product. Like to see people's comfortability levels that kind of rise throughout the past couple events is kind of exciting too.
Speaker 3: But the machine was good and number two, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think we're gonna do that again.
Speaker 5: You know, It's funny because I do a v for other events too in my life, and I've seen them other places. I'm like, man, you guys are everywhere. You guys crush there they do like a pistachie.
Speaker 4: It's good. And like for being kind of cold that night, like it was fucking it hit the spot. But like a event you learned that's just no doubt, and like it come a little bit more budget friendly, and like it's easy, a little easier to get sponsors than it was like day one, you know, like and like and like I was trying to like started with this with like, uh, the feedback that I got from everything, and like the amount of good time that everybody had, like was so compelled there so much compelled me to put these other events on and continue this going. So I'm fortunate to be in the position that I am. I was fortunate to make the relationships up to this point with other cultivators, with other ancillary companies like Canna and Advanced Nutrients and UH and in or like some a lot of these other brands that sponsored my show is on a regular because they know who I am, they know the character of me, uh, they know I have good intentions and they know I'm looking to do something fun and like exciting and new and not bizkun.
Speaker 5: And like that's why I was saying, there's a sliding scale and like the I mean, you're yeah, definitely, you're You're in events are different than like everyone else.
Speaker 3: That's what I love about events.
Speaker 5: But I feel like it is just always kind of that sliding scale, and I feel like you're kind of hitting right there in that middle point.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: And like it's not about the money. It's not at all for me, Like I the money will come, I don't care. I came from nothing. I have a little bit now like cool, Like it's about making these relationships. It's about driving this industry into a professional manner. I keep saying it, but that's what I'm what my my my goal is at the end of the day, and these events help propel me to do sort of thing, like I look to be a leader amongst my peers, and like, to be a leader, you have to sell out for the mission and.
Speaker 3: For me the mission.
Speaker 4: That's that's exactly I was.
Speaker 3: I kept saying, like rand, but it is a mission. It's a mission. I look at branding some when I'm as what your mission is because of where you're going for.
Speaker 4: And like so shout out to Advancing New Trains because they sent me to this leadership training with Chris Collins in California and it was the most amazing, eye opening experience that I've ever had. And like I'm the type of guy that would walk into something like that with a closed mind and like this is bullshit. And like I walked out of that like holy shit and likely just start thinking and spinning the wheels in other directions and like starting to shift this mission and reate a mission and what my actual purpose is so I can then lead like this, that's my goal is I want to be a leader amongst our peers, but I want to do through do so through authenticity, through trust, through cultivating connections, and through driving the industry to a more professional level. Through culture change and like to be able to have this opportunity to do that with advance is like it aligns with me so well, right to shift this culture. And if I can do this on a micro scale stories a line, right, yeah, exactly, And I can do this on a micro scale, that I can start doing it more on a macro scale and then the sky's the limit and that's the that's the goal at the end of the day. And like to get into the Biscount thing too, and like relate that back to my events, Like I've been going to biscons since twenty fifteen when it's like.
Speaker 3: The first much has it grown? The first one that I want to grow since we went eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was like the third one, the third one that they had put on at this point, second or third one. And it was in the basement of a hotel in Chicago and they filmed like part of Home there or something like that, well or something like it was some change a lot, dude, And like this was suits. Like I'm telling every single person I wore a buttnap because like, oh wow, like it was suits there. And this was like back when people were throwing money at the wall to see if it'd stick, and like it was in a basement, and then I watched this thing grow exponentially. And then twenty eighteen election came and that thing fucking exploded. It was at the Rio, they sold out. There's a line on like the third day like to get in still like and that's when they shifted it over to the con Center. That would have been like I think the election at twenty eighteen.
Speaker 5: Okay, well that makes sense, that's I mean, I mean that's when I was getting more in industry, and I think we can I've heard of it back then, Like I didn't even know when it went back to sixteen.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was twenty sixteen, eighteen somewhere on there.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's still crazy.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of I remember there's a lot of states that had went legal or medical ad during that election eighteen it was eighteen, yeah, because we went a check and like I remember seeing this thing go. It just explode. After that they went to the convention center and it got huge, Right, But what happened this year? Do you guys notice, like if you've been going for six years now, like, did you notice how it's shrunk? How the cultivation side is tiny, and not only its tiny, like compared to last year, but the walls keep coming in because there's less and less sponsors than people that want to put in for this I did, I.
Speaker 3: Said, I don't know if I said two three years ago. I mean maybe I guess was this our fifth? I don't know, this might have been our fifth or no. I think it's definitely more than three. So that's what I'm trying to say. We might only be coming since twenty twenty, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: So what I was saying is that I feel like the first year to the second year was like wow, it kept growing, but then ever since like that like it's just been going down.
Speaker 3: It did seem smaller this year, it did see super smaller, and the next year more.
Speaker 5: Of it's dealt outside of the conference center. Right Like Biskon brings people town and there's like feels like there's hundreds of events that are going on everywhere, but just I feel like they're starting to move to that like week around Biscon, but like not at Biscon. And that's what I think is interesting because I think it's becoming you know, I was saying, Biscon is all the way where the business is just talking.
Speaker 3: I think it.
Speaker 5: They're trying to bring it to that culture feeling. So that's why everyone has these after parties.
Speaker 4: Possibly then that could be something on their own, but the after party is its own scene and its own thing, and you probably end up going to Vegas and you get more value not going to bis Gun and just going to the after parties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like balance there for sure.
Speaker 4: And don't get me wrong, certain companies do really well there. Like I'm not saying Advance had a very good day, very good God, I was there.
Speaker 5: But it's like the the It's not dead conference by no no pack. It's just like the vendors have have gone.
Speaker 4: Me me as an attendees who like when I used to go, I used to it. When I go to him, I'm like, I get social anxiety. I don't want to talk to anyone. I'm I'm on a mission. I don't want to like I want to go up and down all the aisles, but I don't want to be said hello to every single time. Like it's like I have a social battery too that it gets drained in these types of things. Yeah, And when I was talking to my brother about all this too, we're like so what can we do. Wes like, we have to flip the expo upside down, right and make the upside down expo. And that's like what I aim to do with my events is like make this upside down next be where everybody comes into a cultural event has a good time. I tell the people that get booths at them, I'm like, don't stand behind your booth, like you can if you want, but you're gonna get way more value just walking around the party and talking to people and having a good time.
Speaker 3: I mean, and like, I hate value your event. When we were there, we got to interview. We're signing up, yeah, because cannabis is just.
Speaker 5: Let's just be real here, Cannabis is all about this, like this very deep trust we've built by smoking with people and getting to know people. So without that being able to smoke, sometimes it's super hard to be that true, true to that culture. So I think that's why I like events like yours is that it's that it still feels culture, but like business gets done.
Speaker 3: Sometimes business got done back in.
Speaker 5: The gun because even us we tried to throw just an Advocate event for our first where it was just no smoking, just like speech speeches and it was hard getting one there unless they were truly about the advocacy.
Speaker 3: So like really like it's just because this this there's.
Speaker 4: Such a culture here, it's like so social and like Michigan is strong and like this is like where I want. I want to see Michigan shift as a whole. Is like at least I have this conception of Michigan that we still keep looking out west, like they have this conception of Michigan where we would keep still looking out west for inspiration and for hype, right, Like that's what I keep seeing. Anyways, I don't know if it's making a shift, and I'm just like sheltered into my way of thinking, but I want to see Michigan become the leader. Like we just took over California and the amount of total sales right, like that's amazing, That's insane, I know, Like that's like if you think about that, the total amount of pounds units sold, total amount of units sold overcame California, like the biggest legacy market that there is with a bigger population, like huge, amazing, Like and with that we become the leaders and like as we I mean, like guys like you right that are driving the podcast world that are putting like good content out there, and we're just trying to put the people.
Speaker 5: Who deserve the light out there on the forefront. And you know, that's all we can do because at the end of the day, like there are some good bud here, and there's some good here, and there's a good culture here, great culture, great crowd. This is what I'm trying to say, Like Michigan's got a phenomenal market, absolutely, and then we're just trying to shed light on it because I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I think California became that leader because they just had that.
Speaker 4: For me, it's there's that California stigma that just lives in my head because I'm a Michigan guy.
Speaker 2: Like well, plus I think we all got pounds back in the day from Calias that were fires.
Speaker 3: When it bounce was four hundred, but.
Speaker 2: That ship was, Yes, everything was going from out there. Yeah, but yeah, it was great to see that. Going back to your point on the sales, because Calli's just such huge march. I've always thought Michigan had some of the best stuff.
Speaker 4: So like and like I was saying, like, you guys are leaders and what you're doing here I try to be a leader in my areas between events and growing the top shelf cannabis, like trying to draw. Like we talked about runs earlier that I didn't say anything, but I started to a little bit. But I'm like, I'm kind of not that run sky like I have. Okay, so I've grown Cadillac rainbows and I grow Candak cranbos And that's like the most run strain that I have. It's it runs cross, but it like doesn't smell. It runs right. That's that's a skunky like old school skunk kind of and uh so like I don't really consider that a runt strain if you will, you know, like and uh I still like my bread and butter and high cellar and like dollar amount and like best thing that I still like to grow is GMO, Like like I'm still a fucking massive GMO guy.
Speaker 3: Like I don't like I want to.
Speaker 5: Shit.
Speaker 3: That's you know what, I got a classic. That's the key word here. Whatever someone says GMO, I'm in that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: No, I love GMO, like because that garlic turp was just so fascinating.
Speaker 4: So going back to the origin story and like back to like when I found chronic weed. Like the first chronic weed I found was blueberry. And this was like twenty two thousand and four ish, and like it had to a bendi j short blueberry back then, like being from where it was in, Like this ship had like a hint of blue in it and it smelled like blueberries. And then a little bit later after that, Uh, I had a friend that used to go we used to go downtown whatever you want to say, Well, he wants to go to the hood and get weak good weed, and like, uh, he brought back the back then and that this one was called bubba cush and it wasn't bubble cush. Because I've like smoked and smelled a hundred different bubble bubble cushes since then, It's never the same. What I remembered. This was the most stinky ship that I've ever smelled. Like he would come to my house and stand at my front porch and wait for me to come answer the door. Because after like two minutes, like that smell just lingered in and I was like, holy shit, Like, uh, we drove good, We drove and picked some more up and we went home. Like three days later, me and my buddy got in my car and he's like like, what what do you got on you? I got nothing, Like that's still lingering in my car And like I personally I think that was road kill skunk if you ask me, Like like they're like I've heard the stories and like the origins of that.
Speaker 3: And like kill skunk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is like this is like a nineties like like grateful dead strain like and it's like supposedly some people know where it is, but other people have said that it is like gone. Even the breeder has said that, like he's looked for it. People that said that they have it don't have it. Like I've heard him on there's the podcast with the dude in Australia. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: I forgot what it one's called it, but he always has like legacy breeders and like then they it's a two and a half hour podcast. The name has escaped me. It'll come to me. He he. He brings like a duke Diamond in uh skunk Va where like some of his first guests and like those guys like found like kem Dog and like some of these like really old school strains, but they and they tell the origin story of that, which is like bag seed that was found at a Grateful Dead show and like the nineties that they just decided to pop and it became like kem dog and sour I might be getting this wrong, Kem Dog sour d, like a couple of three of different strains odded just this bag seed and like one of those type stories. I don't know if it's exactly that story came out of the Roadkill Skunk and I think that was skunk Va and that one was like like apparently it's never not around anymore, but that thing like if you knew you had it, and like if people used to smoke chronic weed back then and they had it, they know exactly what I'm talking about, because like, yeah, that's like the long winded way of for me to say I've always been looking for that weed and like the best thing that I've come across since then has been GMO, and like that's still like my bread and butter with it, like and it throws down it.
Speaker 3: It's funny right here, shout out the wizard around like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, uh.
Speaker 3: Have you ever tried to pivot?
Speaker 4: Nope? Oh yeah, I haven't tried it, but I've seen it, Like we had one had a giveaway for the last event.
Speaker 3: Actually you know that.
Speaker 4: Our flower I think did uh did the giveaway for that one and it was like what it was one of the costume contests. Yeah, it's because you know Halloween. But like so I'm always on this quest for like finding that like super fucking dank, like old school fucking just hitching the nose turps and like the Runs just doesn't do it for me. And like I'm not I don't talk about any any company and this is not me doing so whatsoever, but there's a certain company that a lot of people like to use for their nutrients and that in my opinion, and I don't know if there's necessarily research out there that's been done about this or not, but that uh certain line triggers a certain turping within Runs that makes that runs fucking kick. And like smelling a lot of like the homogenation between a lot of the different run strains, like what I've smelled, and just like kind of like I understand, like I've been doing this for a long time now, I've been through a lot of strains. I've smelled a lot of weed, and I'm very sentient like I'm super Like what separates me in the garden versus a lot of other people is like I'm super in touch with my sentence senses. Is it ready? No? When it vibrates, I'm like super in touch with my senses. Like I can tell when a room's off. I can tell when like something's like it smells wrong or looks wrong or sounds wrong, and I can fucking go attack and figure out what that is. And like so I'm very in touch with that. And like when I smell that same thing over and over and then the same the same probably flavor, well, the same flavor, but it's.
Speaker 3: Just shows your ears experience grows. It's isn't it ripped?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: And I love that GMO. It's like that one of my favorites here, you haven't taken them yet. I won't be selfish.
Speaker 3: I almost did five fifty, but sometimes I think like rips, like it's a little different.
Speaker 4: It's good, that's tasty. So just that that there's that certain line that I believe triggers a certain term being that that kind of homogenized a lot of that turpine and that runs kind of you know, and like it like this again, I'm not throwing shade at anybody. Like everybody tweets their own whatever they like to do, whatever they like to There's some billion different ways to skin the cat, like and up it was a million, there's a billion man like whatever like you do to you and like, but I'm on a So I have a professional mission, right like with the with the UH events and like the professionalism, but I also have like a grower mission. And my grower mission is to grow the highest quality cannabis using high end inputs, not sacrificing yield, but doing so effectively, efficiently and economically, like because we have to be able to survive in a market that like I just saw the Cannabis Consumer Index, and Michigan has the lowest price per pound in the country right now. And I can pull up the chart right now and we can features four hundred and some dollars a pound on average, Like it's likeiculously, Like California has higher, that's Oregon, Washington, they're higher than us right now, like all the other states are higher.
Speaker 3: But like Prince here is insane. It is like what I saw it was when I was like when we were getting in you know to this podcast.
Speaker 4: That's the average in the average is a reflection of the thousand lighters and to each their own. There's some good ones out there, but a majority of them aren't. And because of that, there's still the quality market that survives and exists, and people are still getting to tell a dollar for that. And I can, I can, I can sign up and keep off, but I I can stand here and sit here and say, like I'm still getting over a grand like a ball wholesale. Like so like in a shout out to my dude that can get rid of everything and does everything. He's a very influential person in the industry and he kills it. But quality wins, right, So like when we go back to like Michigan's got to change that then become like the number one, and like we need the leaders to be able to do it. It's not like and again, no offense to the thousand laders and the guys that are doing that. That's a hard fucking job. I think I would take that on and I would crush because there's the type of person that I am. And this is not for me to be pretentious or anything like that. Like I'm not trying to like sound like I've been doing this a long fucking time. I've earned my stripes. I know how to do things effectively, efficiently. I know how to do things clean. I don't have issues. I know how to manage people. People like to come work for me. I make good relationships. So I have a lot of sample size that can allow me to speak on this. But the thousand layers drain, the average, drain the fucking quality overall. The guys that are doing this that are like the fucking grinders, the caregivers, the guys that came up in this, Uh, they're the ones that should be driving this change. Like even and there's a lot of the names that are on my banners that I'm talking about here, Like these guys are influential figures, and it's time to take that influence out of Michigan and take it a countrywide. And like we became, we've now become that leader, that number one.
Speaker 3: It's like getting to that professional but never forgetting your roots.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, And like that's I think.
Speaker 5: But I love that because, well that's why I brought up what you guys been through, because well, he had a similar thing. He's always talked about going to legal market just because of what he went through. You know, he's never gonna go back to that old life because of what you guys went through. And a lot of people have gone through something similar seeing friends go through that, so it's like this, you know, I just I think it's just important to kind of respect both sides of the plant and just remember.
Speaker 4: It's not even just the plant though, it's just who we are as people, being Michigan people or Midwestern people. Like it's fucking cold outside, man, like that hardens you, like like we're like, it just is what it is. You go to like different cities sometimes you'll still get it, like big cities and they say you're from Detroit or Detroiter whatever you say. Everybody says Detroit. But yeah, I was like, yeah, like you say Detroit and then you always were like Detroit after what's that like? And like and now, honestly, dude, I just spun like time and like downtown in l A. And I've spent time in like downtown big cities, and I'm like, uh, Detroit is like one of the cleanest cities out there now, Like it doesn't smell like.
Speaker 2: L A.
Speaker 3: L A has, Like it's just it's not it's.
Speaker 4: A different, dude. It's just different. It's weird and now after like growing up, like wh're pre super Bowl was here, and like Detroit was not a place he went even downtown, like you go to like Red Wings games and then in piss Red Wings games. That was it Tuger's games that yeah, you get the fuck.
Speaker 3: Out like perception on Detroit's chain.
Speaker 2: Little Caesars Arena was a dirt parking lot where I tailgated for vine tire openers.
Speaker 3: Like that was like nothing years ago.
Speaker 4: So that all that ships like kind of hardened us to who we are as people, like we are a different breed. Like I don't care, like I've s sure, I've met a lot of people out of state that are hard workers and like guess you're done. But like I've met some bums to man like in like in like the highest sense of the word.
Speaker 3: They don't get what it's like. It sucks to go freaking fill my gas up sometimes when it's so cold, though. I just love that weather stuff. I love that you're like I'm telling you right.
Speaker 4: Now, it's the difference, you.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 4: You go to some of these states with like warm weather people and they're your songs.
Speaker 3: You go to Florida, Go to Florida, it's like sixty degrees. They're wearing like fucking hoodies and why yeah, that is true. That is so funny. You're right when you're in a warm state, like, oh my god, it's freezing. You're like, are you serious right now, it's like eight degrees outside? Cold? Man?
Speaker 4: My bones hurt?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you twins. I just love that, Like I've never heard that be the reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love It's the blue collar thing or whatever, you know, like industry like put it whatever it is. But like a upgroing upbringings of our parents in the way that they were up wrong, Like it's all like inherited right, like it's uh yeah, like like for I'm not going to that part there anyways.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 5: No, no, anyways, No, I appreciate you digging in the event, and like we dug into like a lot of things.
Speaker 3: What anything else you want to talk on? Anything you want to shout out while we're here. So you think you can continue doing these events going throughout the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know I can? Yeah, So, uh May eighth, August twenty first, and maybe it's twentieth this.
Speaker 3: Is like, these are super close my birthday.
Speaker 4: These are Thursdays, so you were super close my birthday.
Speaker 3: And I was like, whoa.
Speaker 4: He's like, I think you have a Saturday birthday then, because I think the twentieth is the Thursday. I can't remember. Well it's that week anyways. And then we'll be doing the metric mash again like the week before Halloween. So I got the four events planned. Anything else could possibly pop up in that period in time.
Speaker 5: But this is super cool being at the crow Foot. I mean just to shout out the crow Foot because it's great, but my first DJ. But he's like, I I as Man, I just blazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cms cap. He's a he's actually a grower in the Rhode Island. He's got his own brand, his own thing that he's doing. He's on the advanced team and uh he's like, hey, you want me to He's like, I'll perform. I'm like, then I listened to some of hisself. He's kind of like rap it but like uh like about weed kind of rap. You know, Like he's a conservator at hearts.
Speaker 5: So separate genre that really is man but there it's it's bigger and bigger every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like you can check out some of his stuff. I've heard a couple few. Like I'm not into rap, like I have a fucking psych I have him, but like likes into like D twelve and Ship back in the day, right like like way back there, like you know what I mean, Like I like but like I don't. I'm a rock guy, like I like rock music and that's just kind of who I am. The first event, I tried to put Sponge in the event, like I try to have them play the event. I don't okay that he's like now the nineties rock and uh there's a disagreement with the venue about putting it on, so we didn't do it there. But that's what I There was a point in time where I wanted to shift the events into like doing music and events like this, like consumption music events where they have like sure they always already have some of those, but like where we do like rock, like where like there's no alcohol sales, there's weed sales, and you walk in you can smoke weed at a concert and you're not in like indoors and you're not like hiding that you're smoking weed, you know, like you're actually able to open consume. I thought that was just kind of cool.
Speaker 3: I'd be interesting, you really would, you know.
Speaker 5: I never actually, you know, because we always talk about how much the tie of music and weed, Like when have you not been at concert it smelled weed?
Speaker 4: Usually for me, if you like go to a concert, like there's gonna be weed there, Like if you don't sell alcohol, I guarantee, like it becomes the weed and people will bring their drinks in. But let's like consume at a concert and like it's okay to do it, and then you know, I talked to some bands and they were like, that's a cool idea, Like we've never done anything like that before. Like I'd be into doing something like that. So now it's like logistically trying to get everything set. But uh yeah, this isn't something else I like to maybe dabble in in the future.
Speaker 3: But different genres and that you can tap into with that type of stuff, you know.
Speaker 4: I think we goes with every fucking except maybe're Christian or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know skip that one.
Speaker 4: You do l eds or hbs, so l yeah, yeah, we didn't go into the girl like I'm happy to Uh it's l ed and VEG and HPS and flower and like.
Speaker 5: That's that's different because although sometimes we've heard like every other like people do some just l eds.
Speaker 3: I'm just I like that you like one.
Speaker 4: So uh, that's the technical like I have the technology and the science speaks for itself, like l eds are far more efficient and can produce just as good as flower or honestly better probably tasting and looking flower. You can get more true expressions out of the flower, and it can do so. And so there's the micro moles per jewel and micromole's jewel if you don't know, is like how much light is being given to the plant versus the draw of the electricity against the wall. And hps's are like super low efficient, Like I think they're like one point six micro moles per jewel. And then LEDs like the technology where it's evolved to now. And when I was doing the research back in like twenty sixteen, it was like two point four, which is like fucking outstanding. Now it's like three point one. I think they're breaking barriers of what science thought could be done because they're able to use and manipulate spectrum in such a way that it gets even more efficient for the plants, which then in turn raises your micromoles per jewel, which now I think they're coming at like three to one three two like some of the more high affecsion LEDs. So that's my long winded to saying of saying I'm not shitting on LEDs because they fucking crush. But when I started this grow it was about being able to replicate what I already have done because I'm starting a new brand in a very tough market, so I need to come to market with some very high quality flower and to do so, I have to implement my procedures one for one right and to do so, then I can then so the analytics side of me, like I can create percentages of what things look like and like should play out over the course of certain whether that's that's yields or there's different different types of metrics.
Speaker 5: It just makes sense, though, because how you're gonna switch your method and be able to promise someone you can produce the same.
Speaker 3: Right exactly and like and when I put it pen papers, you call.
Speaker 5: SOPs procedures, how you do ship, how you get it done, whatever you want to call it, it's just it does matter especially with something with growing.
Speaker 4: When I get when I get it to paper and like literally write on paper, Like my percentages are based off of like plants per light equals certain amount of way, which equals this, which he goes that, right, and like in order to get those percentages to play out, you know, like everything looks good on paper, right, and then you put it in practice and it doesn't always work, Like, but I did this one when I this was like the fourth grow, fifth grow that I built out. So like by the time I've done this, like I'm pretty fucking verst on a lot of the things that you have to do to survive with it. Right, So I have certain procedures or percentages in place, but it only was based off of HPS, lights and like certain things. And I wasn't in a situation where I was like about to change anything, and so like it was like bringing in the exact same one to three's like transplants. Like I'm so procedure that I have a chart of what to do every single day, like and it's typically at this point, it's like clockwork. It's just procedures, Like it's super easy to do, and like it's all stripped down to like bare bones, to be as efficient as possible. But at the end of the day, it'll allows me to create the product that I was looking to do in a market that was tough, and it was tough for me to make sales even the first crop, right, like nobody knew who the hell it was. So we sold the first craft for less than what it was worth and we got out from under it. And then we got the dude that's doing our sales now like by the second crop and boom, things were just rolling. So and we've been selling out like in four hours every time, like it's not hard to sell out. And we're forty eight light room.
Speaker 3: Really good man, We're only in this market.
Speaker 4: It's a forty eight light room harvesting once a month, so like we're not sitting on thousands of pounds, you know, but like we're putting are high quality product out. We're putting the weights out that allow us to stay that's key, just stay in business. Yeah, right, right, right, right, So what strains do you guys have at GMO? Yeah, GMO, so we have like twenty one different strains that were running at any time.
Speaker 3: I'm curious to try it.
Speaker 4: I'll get it to you.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, even it's just a joint, bro.
Speaker 4: But like I'm telling like GMO is, So we have seven tables in a room, and each table has its own strain. Sometimes we'll double up and do two strains and like a strain and two tables, so we'll have like six strains room versus seven, And then I'm able to treat each row individually, water it differently, and if it's the same strain, it makes things way more easy or way easier, right, So yeah, no, and then we're only producing like what twenty to maybe twenty pounds twenty five pounds if we're lucky to get a fucking huge runoff of one of the tables. So we're not producing a ton of weight off a table, so it's easier to get rid of, right, So I have more skews to get rid of to the dispensaries. And that's in a whole other strategy and game that we've.
Speaker 3: Are you in n any shops in the metro Detroit area? Do you know working on people out?
Speaker 4: We can find us like kob typically has us, but they have like one strain. So here's the thing, all right, So I've got a message on Instagram the other day about this, our marketing has been shit, and like I'm willing to come out here and say it. And because like I said before, like I don't really have much to lose at this point, like our marketing, we have not put a dollar into marketing, and like when the money has been put into marketing, it hasn't been done in the most proper ways to make us the most efficient brand out there. And unfortunately I haven't had to say in that side of the business.
Speaker 3: Well unfortunately, like not unfortunately, excuse me.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, unfortunately, I learned the hard way, but it is you learn that I should be thankful I learned right, But I learned the value of marketing over time, because brand is putting yourself in front of people. Sometimes people think, oh I have a great product, people are gonna know who I am. Okay, it's a very saturated world with the Internet and fake ads, Like you have to really put yourself.
Speaker 3: In front of people.
Speaker 5: And if you don't, I mean, this guy taught me like if I have to, you got to put yourself in front of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, And I'm like here to do that, and like I'm ready to do that. That's just like a whole other frustration that I have and on a level of like, frustrations are still real and I still struggle with shit every fucking.
Speaker 3: Man like business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, trying.
Speaker 3: To make everyone understand everything is tough sometimes when it's like you.
Speaker 4: Know, different people, yeah, differently like both never mind, so not the best money he's putting in market. So I got a message the other day the guy went to one of the shops looking for our products and he's like, I couldn't find it. So I asked him for the strain, and then they just showed me the strain and it was that because it's cherry ploma, and I don't know like anybody in the state that's got cherry ploma. I never it's this friend of mine, Jared Token, who found that it's a raw genetics that is uh chopped cherry by Georgia pie. So and it's like it can like get like this pink. You can get like this pink hue inside, like if it's grown just right, the light right, leaf surface temperatures, like if everything is like everything fucking equals out, then it a good color. And blue.
Speaker 3: Perbs Man was my ship.
Speaker 5: Yeahs ever smoked good though he got like what you say, I said, that was pretty stuff to pull that up for sure, but that's all right.
Speaker 3: But even saying but just like he said, you just put the lid over, I was about pulling off. This guy blocks it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, So you know, our marketing hasn't been the best. So what I tell people at the end of the day is when you go to these dispensaries looking for my flower, you just ask for the strain and like typically if it's like house Bud, that's probably mine. Or if it's like in a weird off brand label that somebody would like white label and put their own ship out there, then it might.
Speaker 5: Be that a lot of your stuff gets white labeled because we hear a lot like it's moved like that these days, because a lot of people we hear like some of these brands we've heard of.
Speaker 4: I think there's one dispensary in the state that honors that we are faded, and that's Green Tree. And I think he's got to shop and Ready and in cold Water. I think he's the only one. Yeah, absolutely, sorry.
Speaker 3: Wait where is it? Where's that writing and cold?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But sorry, I think they're the only ones that actually have like because the guys like watched me for my caregiver days to where I am today, Like he's always been kind of following me, and like he's the I think the only one that actually say honors faded everybody else there. My it's too good. It's gonna go like support to me, like you know, yeah, but my like literally like I I'm not trying to fucking toot my own horn to say, like when you told something enough times, like it's got to be true, and like I grow pretty good weed and.
Speaker 3: Then I struggle with imposter syndrome all the time.
Speaker 5: But like you just said, as a beautiful way to put this is sometimes when you're told things a million times, like all right, sometimes it's not your place to judge you, you know what I mean, So just like accept it.
Speaker 4: It trusts me. It took me a long time to get here. I'm like it can't be like like you know, and I've always been humble, like that's my upbringing, myself a humble but this whole like leadership change and shift of me too is kind of like humble is just a creature of yourself. So like everything is and you got to be able to internal control everything. Like everything is about control and being able to control your own life, control your own outcomes. Control, Like the world doesn't happen to you, it happens for you, right I think I said that, right, Like yeah, it's it's a journey. But like again, I'm not trying to like be like potentials or anything, but I grow with a good weed, Like I like to smoke my own weed, and like I was my biggest fucking critic for the longest time and now it's hard for me to smoke other people's weed. It's literally taken me these events to open up my palette to other people's weed. Like I wasn't smoking on anyone's weeds since like twenty sixteen when I switched to Coco, Like that day I switched to Cocoa, I'm like, I had a papiot punch that I grew back then, and I'm like, I'm never smoking anybody else's weed ever again. I'm like, I finally did it. I finally unlocked it. It took me from twenty two thousand and nine to twenty sixteen to finally like nail that where I was like, this is it in my like for me, it was it was getting out of Rockwell and getting into Coco, like that was the biggest change that I made at that point that I was like, damn, like that's where my flavor's been missing. That's when like the dude in twenty twelve who said you never grow good weed in rock Wull and I'm like, fuck d yes, I will. And I tried to struggle with it for four more years and then I switched the first day and try my first rain and I was like, oh, this is what he meant, you know what I mean? Like I was very stubborn, see at the time, So.
Speaker 3: I understand that man's game being subber man. I feel that well. I feel like unless you get.
Speaker 4: Much younger man back, you gotta fail. Like they like if we give you one piece.
Speaker 5: Of old by any means, but I just mean, like if you're I've taken a lot of risk and I fucked.
Speaker 3: Up line I've learned maybe exactly said.
Speaker 5: You got to mess up, you got to learn, you got to get through it, because it's that's the only one we out is.
Speaker 3: Through, right.
Speaker 4: I heard that saying, and that was back like you're gonna take a step back but embrace that step. Like the best thing we can do is be prepared for it when it happens, so we know how to handle it from moving forward, you know, Like that's the important to be, like to be a handle failure and handle struggle, is to be able to be prepared for it and then once we do it, when it does happen, it might not hit immediately, but eventually you're gonna be like that. If it wasn't for that, maybe I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing right now, right Like if I couldn't pass those math tests, like would I be a teacher right now? Or would I be a growing good ass weed? And like way, probably happier with my life that I am right now than no offense, but would have been with the teacher probably, Yeah, that's the whole butterfly, that millions of dollars on of weed instead of having my own to be happy about, you know.
Speaker 3: Like now you're leading events and you now, yeah, life evolves, and I try to tell him, and I struggle with im positive or my own thing.
Speaker 5: And I think sometimes when you actually worked hard to get somewhere, sometimes it's hard to beleeve that you might be with those players, you know, just you know, I mean, that's what it is. You know a lot of people out here selling garbage as like the best, and don't.
Speaker 4: Think like I haven't, Like I haven't made mistakes in the piece to Pass either, because that's part of it too, Like that's just as much failure as everything. Everything else is mistakes that we make and how we learn.
Speaker 3: From Your event looks like it's really about to pop off.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, but I mean.
Speaker 3: Like you said, and they compare to the last one.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's about I mean, and then I'm sure the first one, right, it's probably exponential to.
Speaker 4: You it is. It's amazing the amount of support that I get from it, and like the amount of feedback of people that hit me up for tickets, and like a lot of them. So I screen everybody, Like I ask anybody who's randomly asked me for a ticket, I asked them how they're involved in the industry, because that's the tickets are meant for. They're not meant for the public at this point. They're meant for people who are fucking out there doing it and like deserve to be fucking rewarded for the work that they do tender, but podcast are a bud tender. Uh, they like growers. Like That's that's when I started all of this. The goal was to fucking celebrate the grower, and it's just evolved into like the more the industry and we'll go back to the Growers Gala. I think that's gonna be the May event. It's gonna be Growers galaon number two, So that'll be a very grower eccentric event where like we're pushing like celebrate the grower, you know, and uh, the August event may evolve like I'm not sure, Like I'm still trying to that's a TVD right, Like that one might turn into more of a public event and like that, So that way brands will have a chance to showcase what they do to to the public and not just like to other brands or like dispensaries, but like to be able to hey, look, uh like these the people that want to pay the money to come to the event, like and like it's not even like I said, it's not about the money, but if these people want to put money in to go see and do something like this, then uh there's an opportunity for the brands to be able to display to those people who are passionate about doing something like this their products and then hopefully that drives better sales the dispensaries, right, because that's going to be the consumer that's going out there by it, Right, that's going to be the people that are uh influencing the most on it, And we're trying to evolve the consumer as well, right, Like it's unfortunate, but this still is a game of THHD percentage and the way the sales go throughout the market is based on THHC percentages, And there's games we have to play to be a cultivation to stay alive in this market.
Speaker 5: Like there's how we've heard tons of brands like that have to like throw as strains that they love because percentages it's just not strong enough. And it's like that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So it's crazy.
Speaker 4: And again I'll be transparent about this. It really doesn't matter to me. There's games that I play and there's certain labs that give me the results that I'm looking for, and like there's no reason for me to change that when it means the difference between me getting a thousand and eleven twelve thirteen fourteen hundred a pound to eight seven fifty six hundred, right, Like it's a massive deal, Like that's a big jump, and like again, I'm just completely against the way that the system is, if not the system like the state, but the system of people's minds thinking THHD drives everything because we know, like Terpean's like are such a big part of a the entroage effect of everything that's going on is what matters at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, but again, and that's what I feel one hundred percent, and I think you know, you know, and unfortunately when you say play the game, it's like such a thing. That's like that's why we do need a standard so everyone could just be I wish there was.
Speaker 4: A standard, but it's just not going to happen. They're the infighting and the politics and the bureaucracy that goes into all that behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: Like, dude, the community doesn't know how much politics is in this game because they're not even I.
Speaker 4: Mean in fighting, the infighting, the fighting between people between companies. That's wasn't the fucking problem with a lot of this ship. Because they're fighting, they're going to a bunch, they're slitting each other, throat, but it was set up in it's in a system that was broken like having the for instance, labs being independent on their own and like cool, like good for all these labs that are out there doing it, But the states should have went about this in a more like it's got to pass these like state labs like these are individual companies that are profit driven versus something that would be like government backed or government ran that isn't necessarily worried about profit but getting results out there, right Like, So my frustration stems from this. So we had some product that was pulled off the shell in somebody else's label that was tested independently and an independent test, not by the state. The state did not do this. This is somebody that did it on their own. Took my product off the shelf, and a couple other big brands in the state. I'm not going to say names, but a couple of other big brands that are well known had the exact same thing happened at the exact same time. They took my product and they took their product off the shelf, tested it. It failed, so they put it on hold. So that means every dispensary that has that product can't sell it. Anything that I have in my inventory can't sell it.
Speaker 3: Oh damn you just that one batch.
Speaker 4: That one batch failed. So they sent that failure to the state. The state obviously analyzed it, put everything on hold immediately. It was on hold for probably twelve weeks. So now you're probably starting to degrade and sent on the shelves that dispensaries can't move it, they have to sit on it. They can't send it back to you, they transport, can't touch it. It's on hold. You can't do anything.
Speaker 3: It was just a batch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, No, it's the entire batch of the entire package source tag that would would have drived that product. So it drives all the way back to the original tag that's made for that off of the harvest.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So and this is all part of the monitoring system. So then the state sends their individual labs, like they go in contract labs to go take a sample and test it on themselves or tested themselves. So we had a lab come in, independent lab came in, took the sample, went so get to their lab and it passed. So the system's broken, right, there's there's super there's tons of inconsistencies. Here that unfortunately, we're just not going to get passed because there's too much policies behind it, and like that creates infighting between people and creates competition, It creates the wrong side. And if it creates competition, those businesses are trying to survive too. So if that means that it gets cut throat, why are we plus and minus ten percent? Like I understand, we've made that joke a million times, so it might get scientifically. Scientifically, I understand, but there's better methods, like and like you could have implemented these better.
Speaker 5: That's why we always talk about you know, cannabinoid's not trudgeffect and appreciating in different ways, not just to you, Like what is you value that smoke for?
Speaker 3: Like you know, I have different terms for different reasons.
Speaker 5: I have different smokes for different reasons, Right, I like to eat edibles at certain times, Like that's the beauty of this plant.
Speaker 3: People forget. There's so many parts.
Speaker 4: I like to smoke it joining in the morning with the coffee and a certain time, like correctly, exactly, it's about like that. As growers, we see the different ways of the plants grow like that in itself expressed expression, Right, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 5: So many different levels of what cannabis can do for you, and I think it's just learning how to appreciate every way. And I think you're you're very right that competition creates this need for something that can make it better because because unfortunately, sometimes when you just say you gotta smoke.
Speaker 3: It, people don't want that. They want their used to like this one's.
Speaker 5: Better because it's because of this, And like you know, I wonder efects brings a lot of gray area for people.
Speaker 4: I wonder to myself sometimes how niche that we are as like uh kind of sewer or like like people that care this much? Like like are we like what segment of the population are we actually are we like a very small percentage and we just don't even realize it. We're just like stuck in our little nische And.
Speaker 5: Like I think it's expanding, but I think it is a smaller percentage. Now I think I might be exaggerating, but it's only one percent. It might be like ten percent. But when you talk twenty percent when you talk about the general market, I always like that eighty twenty rule, right, So we're probably unfortunately the twenty less.
Speaker 3: I think we're less. I think we're like five.
Speaker 5: My point is not the majority here, because unfortunately the majority is like exactly. But that's what I'm trying to say is because they're used to be able to go, like, you know, I hate to compare it to everything else because I'm really getting sick of comparing it to like alcohol other things. Right, But people need some type of measurement. That's all they really want. Are you all compare it to food?
Speaker 3: Right? It just they want that measurement was that first one there? So it's just.
Speaker 4: And so again it's unfortunately re educate with some stuff here that's twenty four percent that like gets me rips and GMO comes thirty plus and that gets me ripped to but in a different way. Yeah you know what I mean, Like, yeah, I'm not saying that like it's a stronger percentage, so it's getting me stronger high. No, it's it's like, and I get this is even a smaller segment of the population. Is the people that actually can smoke and understand the differences of what the flower is doing to you versus the people that smoke and.
Speaker 3: Are just like ripped right right, the just there they eat Yeah, yeah, that's a level.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. There's people in my family that like can't smoke. Like they see me smoke like I do and they're like, how do you do that?
Speaker 3: I'm like, do what dude in the.
Speaker 5: Morning like and my cousins be like what like when they see them, Like, I don't know, man, Relax, I'm fine.
Speaker 4: I get like I get worse without it, Like you'll see me get all up tight and like shit anxious.
Speaker 3: You ever have someone like just vent to you on how we makes them like, oh my god, I couldn't do that. I'd be so lazy. All right, Cool, I'm not.
Speaker 4: No. So I get like dads like because I got my kids are getting a little older, but I get dads that like want to smoke weed with me and like, dude, like it's.
Speaker 3: It's not good.
Speaker 4: It's never never as well, they're like they're like, seem to me to smoke a whole joint. They try to take three hits and then by the end of it their pale and like, yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Is a different game these days when you try to but you got to keep up. This is a vault. Yeah, you know, isn't like Reggie, I.
Speaker 4: Have to be like you have to understand this isn't the stuff that you get at the dispensary, Like, this isn't the ninety or the eighty sixty dollars ounce like, this is different.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 4: I got a quality over quantity. Man, absolutely, well, so you can still do it and get your quantity. I still get quantity like.
Speaker 3: Like no, I just mean like it. I mean like sometimes the value of it. Oh yeah, getting the best deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah. It's not like I'm not correlating directly to girl.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, I don't, girl. He's the perspective you can like in the girl sorry and the girl.
Speaker 4: I'm going back to the girls. I'm a girler at heart, Like should I do with the events? I do the advanced thing? Like I'm like, like, I'm super lucky to do the advance thing because what I get to do now is go into other people's growths. And like I just had a meeting with a guy in Kalamazoo Grass Harper Farms, and I walked into that room and I was like, guys like, man, like, I'm here represented advanced nutrients. But this is my story. This is why I'm actually here. I'm here not as a salesman. I'm here is for support, like or like just to like make the relationship and learn how you do it. Maybe I can take some information out of that, like learn some new things and tricks and ship that I don't already know because like I've it's hard to do impress me now, but it's still like one of my passions is to go into other people's grows and just see how they do it. Like that's like super like I truly think, Like.
Speaker 5: I mean, I do music and stuff, so I think whenever I'm talking to someone who does music right, there's always a unique perspective you can learn, whether it's actually something you're going to take to the bank or just like, oh that's an interesting you know, like I think there's.
Speaker 4: Somebody just helping, Like somebody has a problem me. I'm like, dude, like if you try this, or if you try that, or like like I said, I'm very like touching my senses. I remember one guy he was having an issue you could not figure it out for the life of him, and he like had me come to his grow and I went and I checked it out. I checked the spot out, like like it didn't take much for me. I just like looked up and like a field, there's more heat in that spot, and like there was like I forget it was a heat duck or a CO two generator or something like that. It was like right there off gassing and like hot, that's what it was, a CO two generator. Like is this Like it was obvious, like this is what your issue is like and like that's elementary right, Like, but there's just certain things that you just kind of pick up on and I don't know.
Speaker 5: But no experience, yeah, literally where you get to know something you're just kind of in tune, yeah, and then being able when you meet with all these other growers going with advance, you're to your stuff that you might take a little bit, but you're probably teaching them more and then they're probably.
Speaker 4: Even doing like yeah, it's like pick my brain, like sure, like some of these guys, I'm not saying this is this with far most, but some of these guys that are more beginner into this and need help, and like especially the younger generally, Like there's a younger generation too that we guys are like realizing that they're gonna start growing too. Like I'm about to be forty, but I feel like I'm in my twenties, but I realized that the dudes in their twenties are like almost twenty years younger than me. So like when I was twenty four doing this, they were like four. I'm like, so you know what I mean, Like, so.
Speaker 5: I it and like this is another kind of yeah, why do you say it like that? So this is another kind of thing I think so much deeper.
Speaker 4: Man, It's another thing that's really been Like a similarity I keep seeing often is like, at least on the cultivation side, most growers are not older than fifty years old. Like I would say, like a good percentage of like license cultivations, like head growers, guys that are running are not past fifty years old, and like it's just a young man's game and a young man's industry, Like we are the stepping stone that are gonna be almost money.
Speaker 3: I kind of agree, but I do feel like there's a lot of you know, old cats growing, but only it might just be for obvious, it might be more for like I'm talking about licensed producers.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about like like like Metric or like guys in the different states that are the license right. I would say a majority of the ages between the ages of probably thirty maybe I don't say twenty eight, thirty two to forty six.
Speaker 3: You're right, that's it.
Speaker 5: That makes sense because that's a lot of that master girw age because just where cannabis was and how it's populated.
Speaker 3: Like I said, it's a young man's game.
Speaker 4: It is well, and I consider myself young. That's why I'm putting myself in a young man's game democratic because there's now the sixties, seventies, eighties year old that are out here. Sure they are, but they're like they're never doing it on the commercial scale.
Speaker 3: I was saying, I've seen more old school guys just be like.
Speaker 4: It's an old school guy exactly. And they are the they are the legacy, like they are the ones that got us going and got us to where we are today, right, they deserve all their due respect. Like that's what I was, what I have, what I started, but I ain't clarified enough. Like what I mean is like totally like on the license stage the average bringing up.
Speaker 5: Though, because you are you mean, you're seeing some of these master growers, like you said, their forty year old dudes, thirty year old, forty two.
Speaker 4: I don't love the term master grower, but but you know what I'm saying, Like, no.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm saying I call them that because I mean like they're growing in a higher level, like a higher scam.
Speaker 3: That's what the people call them in the industry, Like, you know, is that still the terms? I feel like that's what that's what people I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, I don't I don't like being called master saying the head grower, headgrower, grow I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's always someone like, hey, this is our lead grow this is our head grower, this is our master grower.
Speaker 3: It's always something I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm the chief cultivation officer. I'm not the one that or the director of cultivation. That's the good one, the directors of cultivation, that's the one I should have used in the beginning, directing.
Speaker 5: Cultures got this lower the Hopefully I'll just keep pulling up different lower thirds.
Speaker 4: But like that, that's important. It's fun to know because like we are the ones that are going to train the future, like we are the ones the ones that are because there's nobody else that's kind of doing it for us except that sure these legacy guys like I said, and I could respect to everybody and the people that have been in it for a very long time, but I know growers that are in their early forties that have been doing this since like the early two thousands too, like the two thousand and three to one, right, or even like some of them that maybe started when they were like thirteen fourteen years old because they were parents were doing it, and then eventually it turned them into the California stage. Like that's that's been big cultivation for a long time. A lot of it obviously trap, but.
Speaker 3: Genetics, I mean, that's kind of like we're still in that. People forget how new this.
Speaker 5: I mean we talk about it like because we've been around in the industry so much, but relatively it's still.
Speaker 4: I would say, I don't know if I've been in one cultivation that's been like a dude that's like over fifty years old, that's like running the show. Yeah, owners, owners, owners, money behind.
Speaker 5: After dads or like, I just never really thought about it like that. But it's kind of a interesting fact you bring up because you're.
Speaker 4: It's a young man's game, so we have the opportunity to drive this industry and the direction we wanted to take it, and like if we are starting to understand that these younger guys, uh, they're going to be the people replacing us, Like we have to be good trainers and teachers with them too, Like it can't just be uh stuck in your way, stuck in your shell, Like it's important. So I gotta be ready to train that next generation because like as much as like I'm a four year old looking back looking at twenty year old train now being like that's it, that's that's the new generation. There are some good ones out there still though, like that's series. Yeah, no, just like they don't seem to have the same drive as some of us older full.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because this is what's funny though, every generation, like it's just easier for them.
Speaker 3: It's just easier. But I mean not like there's more.
Speaker 5: There's more.
Speaker 4: There's more information available for them than there was for me when I was there's.
Speaker 5: More opportunities possible if you have access to the information, because you said things could be self taught.
Speaker 3: Now I think that's kind of what you're pointing. It is that there's the ability to just write, there's abaility to.
Speaker 5: Like get ahead, like you know where I mean, it just took a lot more to nasty, No doubt.
Speaker 3: I heard you, Like nope, but I get you. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: Then it's just like it's it's just kind of it's strange to think about that, uh, that we are like in a situation that we are in an industry that that we are so and we're lucky to be doing what we're doing and not going to jail for it. That's that's the again.
Speaker 3: Then everyone thing there, You know, we got to ask you one question. I don't know if we got there. It's usually one of our last questions.
Speaker 5: Is there anything you want to say or anything like towards we get towards the end here, because I want to make sure you shout out anyone else? Do you want to shout out any like fam out there and homies.
Speaker 3: Like any of.
Speaker 4: My crew, like if I don't doubt any of them will hear this. But there's still fucking killers, like I appreciate them more than anybody's. Without them, I wouldn't be able to do the things that I do, and they're able to put my plan in place and and uh uh so yeah, there's them. There's my family that helps me with my events. And then there's all the like sponsors and the people that put money into pre rolls and dad bars and dowing up bars and like the people that helped me put this event on because like I can't just do it by myself. Like those guys I appreciate And so shout out to all of those anybody that's not any of my banners, Like I'm not gonna sit your name names, but they're all public people.
Speaker 5: You just give me a quick shout out because like sometimes you never know who we'll hear it. And like, honestly, just like that energy out there is just like I love to just shout out the homies.
Speaker 3: You got a lot of great brands. Good right man. I love seeing all those names out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's again, I.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: You build these these relationships through professionals them and like being authentic, being yourself, always being on treating everybody the same and everybody's equals. Like nobody is a blower above me. And that's like, and there's no top of the bank, there's no top of the mountain. You're always climbing, and the day that you can think you reach the top is the day they get knock great off. So just keep climbing.
Speaker 3: That's true, do your thing. But we got to ask the fun question. Yeah yeah, So we asked every guest to this, every guest that's been on. Uh so obviously you love your flower.
Speaker 2: So imagine you're breaking up some of your bud knock it out, and the genie pops out and you get one wish. He grants you one wish to change anything in the cannabis industry.
Speaker 4: Change anything in the cannabis industry. Oh man, I wish I would have watched the previous episodes, so I would have been like, oh, this is.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 5: It's always it's funny though no one has just like remembers are like a couple of people maybe, so this.
Speaker 4: Is actually pretty easy for me. It's it's too it's my mission. It is to change the professionalism throughout the industry, just to raise everybody to another level, to uh not have this bullshit that goes on money withheld, you know, the drama, like just to truth to raise this And it's probably all industries that are like this. We just I just see it in my industry because I'm not in automotive or whatever else.
Speaker 5: But like I do feel like they're because of this gray area. People are not paying their bills as they should because there is this gray area.
Speaker 3: But likes.
Speaker 4: We go on for days, that's what.
Speaker 5: But this industry I'm saying, like because usually you would just see it, but you can sometimes there's gray so you.
Speaker 4: Can see somebody, but it doesn't mean you can actually get cost how much money? So sometimes you can't ford to do skip tracing at one point in my life and I'm like chasing debt down and I'm like, you consume is time and that's what is at the end of the day, the most valuable thing, Like time is like we all have the same amount of hours in the day. Nobody gets any action, nobody gets anything. Like if I can spend my time more at home, you know, like with my family, raise my kids, then that's what I would rather do, or traveling or something.
Speaker 5: And really, I guess I'm totally off. I guess I should have said cola because it's really this like, hey, i'll pay for it later thing because a lot of times when you eat a product, you just pay for it. That's what I should have led with because I wasn't gonna say that thereafter, Yeah, because because like what industry does that, and I guess I don't know.
Speaker 4: And it's hard on everybody. It's not just hard on one person, Like it's not just hard on you, it's hard on everybody. It's hard on every sector right now. It's not just like just one way street of oh my god, Like we all need to be in it to help each other, and like if we were able to raise that professionalism up a little bit more, then maybe we'd be like not having the stigmas.
Speaker 2: That we do.
Speaker 4: And like, I don't know if it happens as much anymore as it used to, But I came up in a time where like you didn't tell people what you did, Like I didn't tell people what I did until I got license, and I like started to be like I don't fucking care anymore. I'm not going to jail for this anymore, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Like it's legal, legal, we can run it.
Speaker 4: So I think that would be it, you know, or like a bunch of weed whenever I want it, and I don't have to go fucking do all that hard ass work anymore, right, Like my guys are fucking great, Don't get me wrong, my guys are great at this work is not below me whatsoever. But I've been picking leaves, I've been cutting clones, I've been topping plants, I've been watering, I've been fucking blocking steaks. Make sure there's certain plants. Like I'm very like I'm like per perfect perfectionist as well like or per looking perfectionism, Like I want everything perfect, but I realized there's no such thing as perfect. So it's like a fucking never any battle. So I want to always see everything the way that I want it. But anyways, that's would be the other thart, Like let me fucking like save my back. I love what I do. I don't get me wrong. I love what I do. I love being in the garden.
Speaker 3: Have the blud right there. You don't go through the whole process, just your quality perfectly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go. This is not a slight smit dudes or anything like that. Like we could grow good weed and like it's just all the work that goes into it. Let me even fucking back that up a little bit more. How about like I could have my own grow in my own town, Like that would be sick, Like I have a grow where I live where I got to drive five minutes to work, so like, yeah, we need to expand those two. Like twenty fourteen to twenty eighteen, I was in Ionia, so that's four years driving ninety miles. Then I went to Jackson, so that was another three years of driving fifty five miles. Now I'm in Mount Morris, which is just outside the Clio Speedway, Like I'm like a mile, like less than a mile away from like the old High Times cups. That's fifty miles away. So like I've been driving since twenty fourteen. Like if I could have a grow in my own town, I'd be like, yeah, it right here.
Speaker 5: It's hilarious because honestly, I bet you every grower can relate to I think so too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like driving fifty miles there back talking about.
Speaker 4: Some of the things that harden you driving all that.
Speaker 3: Cold too, it didn't matter, like the power out. You're fucking going to work.
Speaker 4: Dude, Like that's where I was off. I can't I remember Thanksgiving that I looked at my cameras, my plans were drew because my irrigation didn't go off, and I was like, motherfucker is Thanksgiving and I had to drive all the way to fucking I on you.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh damn man, Like that was fucking.
Speaker 4: Like it's the grind road. But again, they hardened me, got me to where I am today, and like I wouldn't be as good of a cultivator I am as I am today without those fucking hard times.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, those built you man. We could be talking all day, man. I appreciate it. We we we definitely. We did a ninety minute episode. Yeah, we definitely. Well, we'll bring you back on later in the year. This is a good check.
Speaker 2: I know he was faded, like, you're very knowledgeable to feel very nogealle growing up, very fun. I'm excited for your upcoming advent in January. So thank you Michigan uh Presents or it's.
Speaker 4: Michigan man Man's Mission Man Present the.
Speaker 3: Crowd smoke because that's crazy. Yeah, I always been there for drinks.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, it's fun. Yeah, it'sna be really fun. So I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks to them out Instagram. Where can they find you?
Speaker 4: Michigan mat too, because you know Instagram is the fucking Devil and Ticks ship. But I appreciate all the followers. I appreciate everybody that gives all the support on Instagram. That's like it's still a driving force of the industry, and that's another one of those necessary evils.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and that's that's why those those restrictions got a lifetime because it's silly, because it's such a driving industry and safe banking. We talk about these things all the time because they don't make sense. You're making it so hard for these businesses just to survive, so you forced. I think it almost adds to that cutthroating earlier.
Speaker 3: But like it is.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I know we're rving up with two things. I just talked to my daughter and today about banking and like why we have to go to New Hudson from Brighton to go to the bank. She's like, why can't you just go to Chase Here we go, So this is why. So do you understand the difference between federal law and state I really have this conversation today.
Speaker 3: It's such a and this is on the things people don't understand, like oh, it's legal, Like okay, it is.
Speaker 5: Ish, Like there's still a lot going on and there's still a lot of things that we just need to figure out. And I think that's why I said I like events like it was because they keep the future and the evolution going.
Speaker 3: Absolutely got to keep the innovation going. Yeah, it's good, not working man, no doubt. Appreciate you, Oh yeah, so, oh yeah, I appreciate you. Thank you, Michigan man. Groove of music everywhere.
Speaker 5: If you're in the electronic music, saxophone stuff, canadave you're in just a cool grower, awesome shit over there, Mechanic cast everywhere. Shout out to all the partners Lost Coast Plant Therapy check them out.
Speaker 3: What's that code? My Cana twenty say percent to check out.
Speaker 5: Old School Organics, Cannoby extracts, Kinship, canvas Co and High Night check them out.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you and as always we're here to advocate, educate and inspired. It's nice time now