Speaker 1: Hey, your body, Welcome back to Relationships is a bitch. This is episode twenty eight. Two eight. That's a good number. That's a good AJ number. Eight.
Speaker 2: That's why I said it, all right, That's why I punch. That's why I punched.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's he gave me the punch.
Speaker 3: Folk, he gave me THEO you completely.
Speaker 2: I can find forty four and twenty eight. If you think I can find it, it's good. It's good.
Speaker 1: Okay. So we've established that it's a good number here early on, so we can't. We can't screw this episode up since you've heard both already. Let me tell you that I'm here with the AJ Benza and our relationship guru, Arena Wood, and today's episode is brought to you by Guess what the Gemini near Me app?
Speaker 2: Love my app?
Speaker 3: What should be here?
Speaker 2: I should?
Speaker 1: We had a little little gap there after introducing producing the gap. The Gemini near Me app is the self love and relationship intelligence app that was created by our very own guru here, Arena Would and powered by Arena AI. If you're not talking to Arena AI, you're not getting a straight skinny anymore.
Speaker 3: Mike Man interrupt you here because this is something even you don't know. So we changed the concept a little bit, not because we change the app. App is always growing and we met and we try to offer as much as possible to our users, and our audience is growing, which is great. But we change the position and on the market now we ad this self love or self help and self love app. Why because people were confused. They didn't understand why it's relationships, so they thought it's something about matchmaking or dating, which we stay away from. So no, no, no, So I explained that this is the self help and self love app designed still for single and couple individuals, but it's like a kind of one stop shop solution for all they'll discovery tools please arena ai.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay beautiful. So before next week's show, we'll have a new slugline there.
Speaker 3: It's my mist say that I didn't announce it early, just because that's what I'm working on, because I'm changing it all over the place, just to clarify with people, because I think I didn't explain myself very well how you can fall in love with yourself with the use of this app.
Speaker 1: No worries. Well, our very first story today, actually I think is going to be a great test of both you and Arena AI, because there's a new trend emerging which I missed this and I don't know if either of you two have picked it up, but a large number of people, this is really led by men apparently, are now entering marital contracts. They are rather than doing the formal ceremony, the traditional wedding, they are signing agreements with each other for a limited number of years, two year deals, four year deals, like it's a NFL contract or even a business contract and employment agreement. And the way that it works is the again, whatever the term is, two years, four years, and you agree on what each is going to contribute into the marriage contract over that period, and at the end there's a renewal option. If you choose to renew, you can remain in a marrial contract for another period of years, or if either party opts to, they can opt out, and that opt out is a you split whatever you've you've put together there or during that period of time, and each walks away on their own and there's no lawyers to deal with, there's no divorce corp to deal with, there's no anything else. That is the new way it is being done no agent required, which is which is a better deal than the NFL guys have. But yeah, so what do you what do your first impressions about marital contracts? Wow, Arena's speechless, Arena's like holding Mike.
Speaker 3: It's a mystery. So two weeks ago, I'm talking to my mom, you know, like my mom she just lost her husband and she was deeply in love and everything was wonderful. I'm talking to my mom who was twice very happily married woman with no issues, and she tells me out unaware, as a joke. She said, why people don't have something like a contract you're happy for three years or you like it, you keep going, like, why they make it so complicated, Why people exhaust themselves, Why people are living for covering the loans or raising up the kids, or you know, put themselves in prison. People have to together until they are happy together, no matter what, and then you can. And it was a joke. It was out of nowhere to women's discussion because we are kind of best friends. But it's here, and now you pronounce it that it was formed and shaped in the real deal. And I have a question. Let's say you understood. Next day or within a week. Okay, I did mistake. I don't want to do it for three or four years. What do you do after you just break it up? You like, break the deal?
Speaker 1: Well, so I suppose it depends on what you've written into the contract. But normally, if you agree that a contract is for a certain period of time, yeah, there, you don't any any If both parties agree mutually to uh to tear up a contract, you can just tear up a contract. So if if one person is that miserable after a week, the other party will probably be amenable to tear up the contract. But it depends on how you've how you've written it. I suppose it could be written in such a way that somebody who's unhappy after six months, too bad. You know, if the other person wants to enforce the agreement, you signed for three years and so you know you can't go to another team because you're signed with me for the next three years. So I can see how bothered AJ is.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't. Well. I understand that marriages, you know, splinter into different positions and there's always problems with marriages, But if you introduce business into a marriage early, it kind of takes away for the romance and that whole magnificent feeling of meeting somebody and falling in love and deciding to spend the rest of your lives together. However, you know what, there's a lot of people who are married who aren't happy for years, And maybe this would not be the worst because maybe you need to introduce it, well, maybe there is to be incentives introduced or something. If it's a contract, then maybe we need to make it more of a complete contract, because very often one of the two people start to not act like the way they said they'd act. They're not exactly following the vows. So I hate business mixed with love. But I don't know, maybe it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: It's it's already happened. It's already happened before when people started to sign different type of contracts. So it's already happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, it's a step beyond what a prenup does. Right. So, but if you at least my experience is when there are couples that get divorced and remain good friends and put the kids first and and don't have their it's but more times than not, the war that goes on after they've separated. Getting from separation to divorce is a bloody war that costs thousands of lives and you know, millions of dollars and tons of pain, and the kids go through hell and it just it's it's all. So if you actually could settle all of those things upfront in an agreement, in the event you split up, all that stuff was already determined and there's nothing to argue about or fight about because no one has a legal ground to stand on to argue about it or fight about it, well, then that actually I could see where that might help because it will eliminate the potential of all of that craziness that you know during that that period between separation and divorce.
Speaker 2: I can agree with that. It's it's it's not as romantic, but I can agree with that.
Speaker 3: I can know, Yeah, it would be useful probably for people who are over relax in their marriages and they say, you know, like I've seen some girls like, ah, what are you going to do? You know, she's not cooking for him, she's not pleasing him in bed, she doesn't care about him much. But what he can do like the words me forget about this you have to give me, has to give me fifty percent, and we have kids. He will never do that, so they don't care. So this is probably going to work out very well because they will be kind of you know, oh, oh, probably I have to cook, I have to do something for my husband because to you know, because maybe he'll change me for somebody else. But I think the whole idea, the whole beauty of marriage, because initially people started to get married traditionally because they had to make sex, so they understood to make it legally traditionally, they had to marry somebody to pick up one person to do this through all your life. After people started to cheat, to betray and to have open relationship, open marriages and different aps of relationships having at the same moment, and I think that maybe men and women started to feel kind of unprotected or unappreciated from both sides. And I don't know, because the whole idea, the whole beauty of marriage, because why you're crying when you see somebody is marrying it looks like it's forever signed, you know, like you choose a partner for life, no matter what ups and downs. Diseases, crisises, I'm here there for you from both sides, of course. And you know, when two families, two traditions are united, and it's so nice and beautiful and something new is born. So I think this idea, this beauty, and this concept is sign And next step is probably why would you get married at all? Because, like, let's say, I don't know, maybe for papers, maybe for I don't know, for some anything else, to pay taxes, together, to do economy, because if you love each other, you don't need any pay you know. Like, so next step is like, let's be free. People are liberating themselves, right, But.
Speaker 1: You know, I could see that a lot of people make the first decision of hey, let's move in together, let's live together for a while, and let's see how we feel about things. And that's a very vulnerable sort of position for I guess, either of them. But to me it seems like especially the woman coming in coming into it. And so maybe at that stage, instead of the hey we'll move in together for a while, we'll enter an agreement. Because you can always get married. There's nothing if you entered one of these agreements, there's nothing saying you can't get married. You might come to the end of your first agreement that was two years and say we don't need to renew the agreement. We're going to go get married. Yeah know what I'm saying, I don't know it. I've often heard heard the the employment relationship used metaphorically against a marriage. You know, we've been together for fifteen years. Would you walk out on your wife after fifteen You know that kind of stuff, employee to to to whoever their senior person is in a company, and kind of you know the same thing.
Speaker 3: Mike, Well, this idea was born in the United States.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, I guess we shall see what happens with it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yes, you know, I see, at least here where we're based, it looks like it's a very traditional area. People old, family oriented, having kids, grandkids together. Yeah, that's a little bit said to hear. But it's all right.
Speaker 2: Everything changed roman marriage.
Speaker 3: You have a lot of opportunities. That's my girlfriend, that's my lover, that's my companion, that's my soulmate, that's my roommate. That's my wife. That's my legal wife. That's my love of my life. That's my prenup wife, that's my married wife. See that's it.
Speaker 1: You're that's the girl I have a contract with. But that's not romantic.
Speaker 3: That's that's my wife. That's my contract seven years.
Speaker 1: That's my next wife. Well, speaking of contracts, there's a an athlete who just entered the NFL Draft expecting to sign a big fat contract because he was going to be a first round draft choice and it didn't quite go that way for Loor Sanders and probably the weirdest draft I mean there there have been players in the coming out of college. John Manziel comes to mind who was a great college player but had all of these warning signs of being a huge partier, who you know, didn't study the didn't know the playbook the way you should know the playbook, wasn't as dedicated as he needed to be. And we watched despite winning the Heisman Trophy, we watched him go all the way down to twenty something I think it was twenty two maybe, And ironically this has happened with the Cleveland Browns a number of times, once with Manziel and then another time with who was the other.
Speaker 2: Baker Yes, yes, yes, yes, Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 1: Baker Mayfield that I don't know how far down he went, but pretty far down it happened to Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Having to Tom Brady for God's sake.
Speaker 1: Well, but Brady wasn't touted the way that these guys were touted coming out. Nobody expected Brady to be a big draft tot because nobody expected him to even make the NFL. But these guys were all supposed to be first or second quarterback taken, going to go in the top five picks, going to go maybe in the top ten picks. And so this guy went from projected, I think on mel Kiper's board, the ESPN loudmouth about the draft. He was the number five player, the number five power ranking of a player, and he went one hundred and forty fourth. He was the one hundred and forty fourth player. So he went in the fifth round instead of the first, and this turned into a circus. This guy had given had bought a burner phone, probably his father's suggestion. His father's probably the all time best quarterback in the NFL, great punt returner, great receiver, also played Major League baseball. Dion Sanders is a legendary athlete and his dad, who also was his coach in college. But the so he his father probably recommended this to him, get a burner phone and use that exclusively for your conversations with teams, so that you give out your number to personnel on these teams that are thinking about drafting you. And in this way, you know, if that phone rings, it's somebody from Giants or the Atlanta Falcons or whatever. Well somehow, not really, somehow, it's we know how a son of a coach in the Atlanta Falcons front office while he's the defensive coordinator of the Atlanta Falcons, was able to find that number on a iPad, an iPad that was his dad's iPad. So he sees the number for shad Or Sanders, and instantly a prank comes to mind.
Speaker 4: And uh and so, well, I think it's pretty funny. It's funny. Guy's heart shank. I mean, that's just oh god.
Speaker 1: Well, so the kid calls should Or Sanders up and claims that he is the general manager of the New Orleans Saints when he calls gy Mickey Lewis, so he's he's telling Sanders he's going to be the Saints next pick. Except it's not the Saints calling, it's this kid from the Atlanta Falcons who has stolen the phone number. Who's just calling and he's just completely fucking Withers. So Yes, under the circumstances of what he had been through and everything else, it was a pretty cruel Planrank, I don't think. I don't know how many players have been taken at that time he did it. I don't know. I don't know how much crueler it ended up being than the kid perceived it was going to be, uh when he did it. But but anyway, there's there's that, and then the Browns end up doing the stupid thing with the with the dog bone on a screen.
Speaker 2: Oh god, let's talk about that. What that whoever that guy is, who's working graphics, he's gotta be fired.
Speaker 3: What was the reason of doing that?
Speaker 1: Because all you could see on the screen was the bottom of the dog bone that looked like a scrotum that was bouncing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the kid a message behind it.
Speaker 2: I don't know they got they got tan, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was no hidden message. It's it's supposed to be the logo. They call it the dog Pound in Cleveland. It's a big thing where their fans come dressed as dogs and they have bones and everything. So they have this logo for the dog pound with his bone, and it's supposed to be behind the stage, and but all that's showing up on the screen is the bottom of the bone that looks looks.
Speaker 2: Like screw them look good. It looked like you would dipping your testicles in cold water. It was just such a for a man. It was obvious those are balls. But this whole look the draft thing got so out of hand because a lot of a lot of folks in the NFL don't didn't want Shador Sanders because of what he's going to bring to their organization. The thing this guy did that messed him up was the fact that he was bold enough to say that I'm going to change the culture in that locker room. I'm going to change the culture of the National Football League. Listen, I don't want to make this a racial thing, but most of the owners are white, very wealthy, white man. They don't want to hear this young, upstart black kid tell them that I'm going to change your league. And the theory is that a lot of these guys told team owners, we don't want this, we don't want we don't need this kid. Don't let them take over the draft. Let's avoid embarrassment. So I agree with I agree with what they did not picking him, I agree with it. You need to be humbled.
Speaker 1: Well, do you think there was a coordinated.
Speaker 2: Element, Yes, I do, really, yeah, I think the I think management and owners and coaches all new look at we don't need this kind of stuff in the locker room. We don't need any upstart kid who's never won in the NFL. He did find in college, but he is a Sanders and that name, you know, precedes itself. They don't need the drama, they don't need the circus. So I understand why they didn't want that to happen within their organizations.
Speaker 1: Wow, well that would be collusion, that would be restract trade, that would be a major issue. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think they did that.
Speaker 1: But he he went on a number of interviews and handled them terribly, and teams were semi public about at least leaking out that he had handled the interview poorly. If he saw he had ordered this ridiculous necklace, which it turns out paid. It costs more than than his signing bonus, This ridiculously huge gold dollar sign thing.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Ridiculously stupid. He's not his father his father. His father somehow made cocky cool because he could he could live up to whatever he was saying. When he got on the field. He could deliver, he could walk the talk, and so the you don't when you're coming into the league. You don't get to say it until you do it. It's not Saquon Barkley's personality to do stuff like that. But if he were doing stuff like that now, at least people would say, well, he's proven it on the field that he can do it, and so that's the way he wants to carry himself.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, it's every player in the NBA, it's every player, freaking player in the NBA is like this. But but no coach on set in an NFL. You still need discipline in the locker room. You still need respect from player to coach. You still need to be in command as a coach. It's not the inmates running the asylum. College football has turned into the inmates running the asylum because now they're free to go anywhere and have no penalty for switching teams and are getting paid, you know, more money than most of them. I saw that Quinn Ewers, the quarterback from Texas, that entered the draft, is going to make eight hundred thousand dollars in his first year in the NFL. He was slated to make about eight million in ANIL this year he stayed at Texas. We're seeing that in women's sports all over the place, where the WNBA is in such tenuous financial position that you, you know, average player first year salaries like seventy thousand dollars, and some of these schools, if you play at Yukon, you at South Carolina, you play at Notre Dame, a big women's basketball school, you're gonna make multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars or more in n I L. Why the heck are you gonna come out? Well, the USC girl is a perfect example. I forget her name, but she she's leaving a couple of million dollars on the table coming out to play in the w NBA versus what she what she would have made, and so it's it's all fretting crazy. But when it comes to the NFL, you're a rookie, be humble. Look at cam Ward, who is the first pick in the draft. Another quarterback, another black quarterback. This is not a racial thing. It's it's uh it's behavior, it's.
Speaker 5: It's exactly a class that that that that's why if you watched a video of cam Ward and Shador Sanders, uh practicing together.
Speaker 2: Throwing the football, that was great. That was great, right, and and all you got to hear is cam Chadoor is all about what, you know, what we can do now that we're going to be pros. And his his idea to cam Ward was we got to make a video together. We've got to make a song together, a rap song. And cam Ward, good for him, said, uh uh, I'm a football player. I want people to think of me as an American football player. And Shadoor Sanders is all about the glitz and glamor and you know, let's make a rap song. And coaches don't want that. They don't need that shit. You know, even when Shack Shaquille O'Neal was doing that with the Lakers, and he was obviously his resume is phenomenal, but that didn't sit right. When a pro athlete wants to get a studio and make a rap, no, just be a be an athlete. Stop trying to make yourself the next you know, fascination with America. Just play the sport that you good at and those videos and even the way he spoke to quarterbacks after games in college, you know, just putting them down. Check my Instagram. Just it's a different year right now, and I don't think these mainly white owners want to deal with this kind of showboat stuff.
Speaker 1: Well look, I'm talking about the mostly white owner. I think it's any coach, and I don't care what his skin color is or her skin color. Nobody wants a prima donna in their locker room. And if they're likely to not be the starter, which he is, no matter where he would have gone, would have been unlikely to be the starter in his first year. Well, you'd never want the backup quarterback to be the focus of attention for the media, for fans, any of that. And so the guy is just a massive distraction, looking for a location to distract. And that blew up, blew up in his face. So look now it's all on him. Now he's now, he's with a team. No one cares where he was drafted or how much money he got. Uh he got paid. Now it's going to be what do you prove in training camp? Because he has a chance to start for that team. He definitely does.
Speaker 2: Of course there's there's that he's like, what is Hei the fourth or fifth quarterback on the Browns. He got Flaccau, which forget that. Uh no, but they've got Watson of course.
Speaker 1: Who's another problem, right, Yeah, hasn't been the same since his last you know, massage.
Speaker 6: So he's got an opportunity if he can, first of all, if he's good enough, and there are a lot of people who legitimately don't think he's good enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh but can he can he check his ego at the door now and and win coaches over and other players over on Cleveland and we'll see, And Cleveland took another quarterback, I know, you know, it's it's gonna be a really interesting dynamic to see what happens there.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, his father is just going to be whoever, whoever, wherever this kid goes. And now he's on Cleveland, but he's going to bounce around the league. Those teams are always going to have the great prime time Neon Dion Sanders over their shoulder, you know, always giving him advice, telling them the offensive scheme is wrong and my son needs to do this, and most coaches do not want that kind of ship in the huddle, in the locker room, on the team. You know, it's their team to guy, they don't need a player's father. It's like LaMelo Ball, the ball father who was just so outspoken about all his sons. It was a distraction, and Shador is a distraction right now for sure.
Speaker 3: No, you know, like you both know that I'm not a big fan of sports, just because I don't know, just because I'm new to the country, just because I'm not experienced. You I don't know so many names. But remember in my childhood because my parents supported the second League of football, Ukrainian football, and I remember, I think every coach is very responsible and passionate because it's like adopted kids. You dedicate your life and you don't know. There are some coaches who are dying on the field because they're so emotional, having heart attacks, you know, supporting their team members. So for them, I think it's a lot of pain when somebody is misbehaving because it's like your adopted child. As I said. And the other thing, I'm sure it's not about being black or white. It's more about representation or disrespect. I just had a conversation with a girl here a couple of days ago. I see that young generation misinterpreted the equality and freedom in the United States. It's great that everybody is the same, everybody has a right. This is the beauty of the United States. But people have forgotten what does it mean to have respect to the older generation to look up the coaches who made it. Maybe they are not wearing fensive stuff because they don't care everybody will recognize them in a simple TI shirt. They care about leaving something on this planet and being bringing the pride of the United States all over the world. That's what they care. So values changed and young kids they think, Okay, I have I don't know a lot of you know followers on Instagram that make me a start. Tomorrow, I don't know, something will happen to Instagram and it means their image real call. But people who are real assets and real pride of the United States, they will stay forever. They don't even need any extra pr because indeeds a show on their personality. So I think it's about disrespect. It's about losing the tradition and misunderstanding what does it mean to be equal to each other? Because there are people who dedicated their lives to sports or arts or maybe any other professional fields, and we always have to be respectful to their doings.
Speaker 1: And it's become very difficult, especially with these kids in college now with the new rules you have. You know, you have coaches, all kinds of coaches getting out of coaching because they can't deal with this dynamic of the player who comes for a year. It's all about them, and it's all about the Benjamins and not staying at a school and winning for that school.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I saw something the other day where out of the I guess the four star and five star quarterbacks coming out of high school in his year, Arch Manning is the only one who is not transferred schools. That's unbelievable that he's the.
Speaker 2: Only one who has a school.
Speaker 1: And and now he's I just saw yesterday he's the odds on favorite to win the Heisman Trophy next year. He's poor. Mean, I love the kid, but he's never I mean, he's he's played something like nine college games coming in from when yours was heard, or games that were blowouts. It's I mean, he's certainly got the pedigree, but that's a lot of that's a lot of pressure being piled on him.
Speaker 2: So sure, sure, And.
Speaker 1: They're assuming he's going to come out next year in the draft.
Speaker 2: That's ear. I think that's early.
Speaker 1: I would be shocked if he does. Why would he not play two years of college ball? I think even if they knew he was going to be the first player in the in the draft, I think his family would want him to I don't know, but I think they would.
Speaker 2: Want him another year. So of course.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we talked about marriage contracts and the two year and the four year deal. But this hit me the other day because you don't see many sort of Hollywood or high profile marriages that go as long as the one that we're about to talk about, or as happily as the one we're about to talk about. And I was surprised at how long it has been. And so Ringo starhar and Barbara bah Wow celebrated, well it is today, it's went two days ago. So Sunday they celebrated their forty fourth wedding anniversary. Wow, forty four years. Talk about making you feel old.
Speaker 2: I know I felt so old when.
Speaker 1: I looked at that, especially if you realize that John Lennon was already dead when they got married. Wasn't wasn't at the wedding.
Speaker 2: Now sad's crazy to beat all. Well, I got a lot to say about Ringo. I don't know if it's time to say it right now, but maybe I could say it after say, well, you know, the Beatles to me the greatest group of all time. And there's I don't know many groups that had three people in the band that could all and all were phenomenal lead singers. Ringo not so much, but a good drummer that use number one records. Let me tell you something with people don't And I wrote this down because I want to let you know what I know. When the Beatles broke up, Paul McCartney went to the group Wings. John Lennon did his thing, George Harrison did his thing, he made some beautiful songs, and ringled to his thing. If I were to tell you what Beatle had the most top ten hits after they split, nobody would think Ringo was the one. But he was, and he's not. He was never the lead singer. Paul McCartney did very well with Wings, of course, but Ringo Starr had eight top ten hits after the Beatles broke up Lennon and George Harrison only had six apiece. I would never have guessed that because he.
Speaker 1: And I know he had two number ones, but top tens to photograph and what was the other? I was gonna say, my sweet lord, but that was Harris.
Speaker 2: That's Harrison Ringo's top Ringos.
Speaker 1: It's not it don't come easy. Was a top ten, but it wasn't a number one. No oh oh oh top and I forget it's your sixteen.
Speaker 2: You're sixteen, by the way your mind the pedaphal song.
Speaker 1: Yes I give I mean think back that that was the number one song in the country and listen to the lyrics.
Speaker 2: Well, imagine imagined me who I've said the story on the show. My uncle worked for the Ed Sullivans, know in the sixties and the Beatles farming there, and the night they performed it was like a huge thing in America. And there was a shot sheet which you give to the cameraman and the crew which says every beat of the show, when the commercials start with guests come on, blah blah blah. My uncle was sadly enough to have every Beatles sign that page, and it was given to me it later got stolen in a home robbery, which makes me sick, makes me, well, they just emptied my jewelry box and that was in there. They had probably got thrown out. It would have been worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially when Ringo and Paul die. But they were so big. I lost my train of thought about oh shit, chit, chit about the Beatles and you can talk. I'll catch I'll figure it out. I lost it.
Speaker 3: They had Team Spence and they, you know, succeeded in their own ways.
Speaker 1: It is amazing that that all four I think had number one records or at least, and that doesn't that doesn't happen. And also all four being from Liverpool, you don't see that kind of talent come out of one place. In the scene. In the scene. But speaking of talent, Barbara.
Speaker 2: Bak oh, yeah, so if.
Speaker 1: I'm remembering right, I know they met during the filming of Caveman the movie. But I don't think there's any line. There are any lines in that movie, right, there's no spell.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine it. No, did you ever see it one hundred years ago? But no, there's no Oh I'm sorry, I recall what I was gonna say was, I'm a little boy. I used to play pastic guitar for my grandmother and sing I want to hold your hand. So the Beatles, like many of us, was the music of our youth. And many years later, I go to alcoholics anonymous. I know it's supposed to be anonymous, but and Ringo Star is there, and I couldn't believe I was a little boy and he was that drummer with the haircut, and suddenly we're in the same room for the same thing that blew my mind. Blew my mind. But Ringo is a very cool dude. Barbara Bach was gorgeous. Uh did I see that movie? Probably not? Probably not, But those two have gone on to have an incredible life.
Speaker 1: Well if you get a chance, because I'm telling you I liked Caveman, and I don't think there are any lines in the in the movie, but Barbara blah top three all time Bond girls, Yeah, maybe number one, definitely top three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was gorgeous, and.
Speaker 1: You know they met on the on the on the set of cave Man, which I guess maybe you were allowed to speak on the set, you know, just run. She didn't have lines in the in the actual movie. But forty four years they they have they have made it, and they did some exclusive deal. You know how People magazine does those those exclusives. And after more than forty years of marriage, a couple recently told people that their long lasting love comes comes down to just a few simple things. I love the man, and that's it, Box said and started it. There's no escape. I think I love Barbara as much today as I did when we met, and I'm beyond blessed that she loves me and we're still together.
Speaker 2: That's so good. That's a woman's dream to hear her man say that.
Speaker 1: Ye. And at the age of thirty three, Ringo had a number one hit in the USA with the song Year sixteen. He also had a number another number one with Photograph which I said, and a top ten with it Don't Come Easy Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you want.
Speaker 1: To feel really old?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ringo was born in nineteen forty.
Speaker 3: Wow, nineteen forty. It's my it's my mother in law.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's eighty four years old.
Speaker 2: Eighty four years old.
Speaker 1: Eighty four years old. It's Unbelia's she's six years younger, but eighty four. I mean, you know, a lot of these. I mean, it's amazing how uh Jaggers and I mean Keith Richard, It's amazing how long some of these guys have lived, especially the way they lived their lives. I think the Beatles were healthier than than many of them they lived during their height of their fame. But kind of kind of amazing. So, you know, we thought, arena, since we got this beautiful couple and forty four years in that we'd see if the numbers confirm what we all know to be the case about about their happiness. What do you see the numbers?
Speaker 3: You know, guys, I think when you look at their picture, you see so much mutual attraction. And I've been talking about sexuality itself. I'm talking about the mutual desire to hold a hand or to be next to each other. It's so visible even through the picture. And I was kind of raised up thanks to my parents on abba songs and biddle songs that and you know, because in Soviet Union it was kind of you know, it was very cool when you're listening to something which is foreign. And I love their songs and battles the best of course. So what is interesting about this couple because they are live past numbers for both of them, it's one and one. So when you think about bond girl, who is through her doing and your biograph being supermodels, should be well centered, but she's extremely dedicated to her beloved one. So they both have number one, which is leadership, which is independence and kind of pioneering spirit. And they could easily go in different directions and succeed in life, but they never did. So they are lessons to learn balancing independence and to getness they and healing the ego being next to each other, because it's not easy when two strong personalities are living together, especially deeply in love with each other, and to evolve from self focused leaders into soul focused partners, which they did perfectly. He's very fast, he has two number seven masculine, proactive uh. And she's a person of family and tradition, very connected to the family roots and and and and to the fan and motherland. What did they meet? Their karma classon is to protect their own relationship from others. I don't know, maybe it's I guess. Did he have a first marriage before?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yes, Because I'll speak about him later on. He has this potential of heaven to marriages. So about Ringo star sun is cancer which makes him sensitive familiary and it wounded Leo overly confident camera task and libra to work out his partnership in the most important way and to keep in a balance and venus in Gemini that can give him two marriages. My husband has the same thing. I am happy it's not for you, okay. So Mar's conjuction Pluto makes him very intense and huge will power, strong drive, fellas in pursuing goals, can be extremely passionate when deeply motivated as well. He has a balance between optimism and realism. Big dreams but serious discipline to make them happen. And it's interesting because when you look at his personality, he looks like a kind of cool guy, you know, maybe a little bit bad, but he is not. That's interesting with these sunglasses and they look very different, but they perfectly Madge, sharp mind, quick speech, very assertive communicator, can be argumentative or easily irritated mentally when you know with somebody likes, disagrees directly. Deep emotional intensity and powerful intuition, and he has a huge ability for deep feelings, big ideas and as well romantic idealist maybe that's what she captivated initially by with dreams of perfect love that probably he realized and as well risk of pollutionion and relationship or disappointment. I don't know what his love story before. Big hearted and very generous person, very emost again and the serious thinker, self critical and the very confident while communication about our bond girl and supermodel Burg Venice Inburg, very loyal adm her partner at mayas her partner. Her karmic task is in Taurus, which means to attract material abundance, but it looks like she did it her throughout a career as well. Superintense, well power against strong drive, feels the same like her husband again, disciplined, has a very quick speech and as well, like you know, she's very caring, very given, taking care of everybody, very confident and very dedicated finding the perfect balance between family and career. And can have a lot of emotional struggles as well, can overindulge or be too trusting, you know, when you're too trusting to each other, but that's what makes you vulnerable, feminine and you know, probably very feminine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, you know, it's remarkable there together this long because there's a lot of information out there that the Beatles as a whole had substance abuse issues.
Speaker 2: Clearly they were open about that, but virtually all of them abused their wives, all of them. I mean John Lennon screamed in his son's ears so loudly that the kid damaged the kids. You're drum. Ringo Star and Barbara Buck were big drinkers. That's why they both went to AA. But before that there were instances where he would I mean beat her so badly trans route. Oh yeah, I mean there's actual quotes from him where he would wake up and thought he killed her. Horrible horrible nights of being in a drunken rage. But she was also that way. She would go back at him as well.
Speaker 1: And so we've been talking about forty four years of maritals.
Speaker 3: Well, they don't have they don't have aspects of griscidity. I usually speak about it. They don't have aspects of maybe that's influence of the alcohol, because I usually see it through.
Speaker 1: So I guess things got better the longer they say that.
Speaker 2: This is the late eighties, this is the mid eighties that Ringo and Barbara both realized we're drinking too much. And the fights were so bad, and Ringo and Barbara decided to get help. And that's why I mentioned seeing him at AA. He's still at it all these years later, so you know. But yeah, it was bad. It was bad for for them for a while when when Ringo was imbibing in the evil spirits. But yeah, they're okay, They're okay now.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: Surprised that they both they both changed their names. Neither one used their name their original names.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was born Richard Starkey.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Richard Starkey right.
Speaker 1: Uh. And she was born Barbara Goldbach. I didn't know she was in New York Jews.
Speaker 2: A Jewish chick. Yeah. Now, in New York Jews are not necessarily bond girls. But if you take that gold off your name, you could be a bond girl.
Speaker 1: Barbara say, she's the only New York jew bond girl.
Speaker 2: I think she has to be, has to be. Wow. Interesting. Yeah, well, look, I mean marriages, especially ones that ask you know, decades, that's the thing people go through, ship and if you stick together and figure out what we can do to get back on our feet, because we still love each other. But for them, but not every marriages roses and rainbows from day one. You know, you got to go through some shit sometimes.
Speaker 3: That's not going have happened with new contracts, that's true.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys know that. I am. Well, how do I say this for my wife's benefit? I'll say it this way. I've become a fan of the Housewives of Beverly Hills. Right, It's sort of if we if my wife and I had a contract, it would be in the contract. Now, I have to watch that. I have to watch that, and I have to watch Orange County, and I have to I don't have to watch New York anymore. But she's watching this crazy Salt Lake City are like the craziest ones of all of them. I don't understand how that but but anyway, two of the long standing relationships on that show have the marriages are breaking up. The first with Kyle Richards, has been on the show the whole way, and well, there are others that broke up in the last few years, but the one that's breaking up now is is Dory and p Ku Kimsley is how you say their last name? Yeah, And that was that was a big deal in this season that just went on and one of their cliffhangers sort of at the end of the season, and the those reunion episodes was whether whether they would work it out or not. And she just filed for divorce the other day.
Speaker 2: I saw, Yeah, it's not good, but you know what, I think it's good for First of all, I've always thought she's I would I'm never I would never be in a circle with those kind of people. But I always found her very sexy in this in the very classy. You know, these people are just no people I've ever met, but Derrick turns me on. I always think she's hot. The guy, her husband, I didn't like that relationship to begin with, So I'm happy that this is happening because I don't think he deserves her. I'm not saying she's easy to get along with. These women want what they want and they get what they want. And these men who are with them, God, they must have a never ending bank account. But what they give these women? But did you do you like did you like her husband? Mike? Do you like this guy? I don't.
Speaker 1: I liked him, Okay, I thought he was. He was funny at times. It wasn't on the Sho show that much. He was He's not home that much. He was. He was in London, back and forth between l A and London all of the time. But this was a pretty explosive season on that show. And in the in the the final reunion episode, Garcel, if you know who that is, I get she's gone. She walked off that and now she's she's leaving the show. And I swear, watching as a viewer, I believe the reason she's leaving the show and she walked off the way she did is a It was the first year of a new woman on the show who her nickname is Bose. I think her her real first name is like Bosama or something like that. And she's been a big wig worked at Netflix, and I.
Speaker 2: Can't I can't stand that woman.
Speaker 1: Dude, what do you mean you can't stand her? She's she's the only principled person on that show. I mean she Okay, Well, I'm telling you, if I forced to watch the show, I watch it all. She's real. I mean, she is real. She's not there's nothing phony about her. Uh you know, she's not glamorous, she's not like, she doesn't flaunt her wealth.
Speaker 2: She john seems to live pretty reasonably.
Speaker 1: She seems to have a very legitimate relationship with the guy that I believe she's gonna gonna be marrying. She's got a great relationship with her daughter, and uh, and what I saw on the end was was Garcelle getting in my opinion, unbelievably jealous at at how Bose had kind of taken over the show in a way and becomes sort of the wise person that there's looked up and respected. So I don't know, but that's that's my take on it. After watching this.
Speaker 2: I should say that I don't I don't like her. I did a segment on one of my shows about her. I just feel like she got to where she is and she was working at many big companies and tippy top level. I just look at her as a DEI loudmouth, typical black woman who's going to be loud and crass and take over the show with her brand, just like Nini leaks.
Speaker 1: Haven't you haven't watched the show? Guy? This is this is not that she is not that she has extremely high emotional intelligence, which you never ever see on any of these shows. None of these women have it.
Speaker 2: So she's she's putting them in their place. You're saying, but.
Speaker 1: In a respectful She's just she's playing. She's just playing the smartest person on that job.
Speaker 2: I just don't like the diversity. I just don't like the diversity aspect of her hiring people or businesses because of diversity. I'm just that word makes my ears burn. Anybody who's into that shit bothers me. So I'll watch it, but I don't like the DEI nonsense behind her. That that I don't like.
Speaker 1: Well, again, I call it how I see it. She's not a wouldn't be a DEI hire for any company. From my perspective, I think she's No, it's.
Speaker 2: Who she hires, not it's who she's hiring in our companies. I just again, it's just the whole thing about we can say Shador Sanders is the same thing. It's about people who keep promoting I'm gonna bring my brand, my brand, my brand. I don't like that kind of stuff. I just get.
Speaker 1: I didn't get a lot of that from from her.
Speaker 2: I know. I'll give her a watch.
Speaker 1: The watch the because you know how intense those reunion shows are. Just watch the watch the reunion shows, and watch how she handles herself during those reunion shows versus everybody else and U And I think you'll I think you'll agree with me after.
Speaker 3: After I like Mike, we already watched white lottos, all of them because of you. Which white lotos? Yeah, I know that shows different type of shows, not reality show. After you gave us a list of things to watch, the Watcher and whatever. So now I'm deerstand I have to start with Housewives to.
Speaker 1: You can't play. You can't put Kenny through that.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: We didn't handle Watcher.
Speaker 1: Either, watch that, don't don't don't. It takes a certain shame on me.
Speaker 3: I'm not interested.
Speaker 1: Maybe I would start it's good that it's good that you're not. I think for from my wife, it's a guilty pleasure and it makes her feel really good about our relationship when you see what a disaster.
Speaker 3: That's your unconscious way to get connected.
Speaker 1: To l A. Yeah, maybe she was into it when she lived there.
Speaker 3: You know, you're happy now in a different way, but you were happy there also.
Speaker 1: I was happy there for years until the whole place went absolutely crazy right in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty.
Speaker 8: So yeah, and and wasn't wasn't the guy well he was he cheated on it, right, That's that was the big tag on this this this season, that that p K cheated.
Speaker 2: Cheating out with I guess so with Ryan's ex girlfriend, who was beautiful. I just thought Ryan should have stuck with that girl, the girl who's a great chef, SHANEA Wall right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know he was with her for a while.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't know why lock her up, but I think you know what, well, yeah that's true. That is true. P K at a restaurant with her, and he's supposed to be, you know, supposed to be sober. Uh make it out outside with that girl. It was all a big show. You want people to see you making out with that girl. Is he still sober? I don't think so. I don't think someveral people do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's theft up. That situation's theft up. You actually had that garcel challenge to read about whether the home invasion robbery that she she suffered was real or not. I mean, Garcella accused her of staging. I mean, I can't imagine yea a worse accusation you could. And there was no evidence of anything like that, at least none that she presented as being evidence of it. That was really weird. But to me, the person who's the most in since here on that whole show is the person the show is built around, which is Kyle. Where she runs off and has this whole lesbian thing with the country oh and then is so completely devastated and hurt that her husband goes and and look, maybe he was first. I don't know, Probably that was. Those rumors were around for years. But but you know, she won't own up to being gay or not or whenever she went on, up to being anything other than she's been forever, except that she's had this relationship with this country star and she and her husband are apart, and it doesn't look like he has any interest in getting back together. He seems to be having a ball. He's made a fortune on the back of the show and his relationship with the Hiltons, which obviously comes through the marriage. But anyway you have it, folks. Our summary of season four Team or whatever the hell season it was at the Housewives.
Speaker 2: Who knows Garcela used to be man I used to have such a crush on her. She was a beauty garcel Bevel. She was dating Jamie Fox back of the day she was. Everybody wanted a crack at Garcel. She was.
Speaker 1: Somebody said something that mentioned a bunch rob Lowe, and uh yeah, there were a number of good looking white guys in.
Speaker 2: Her Robert rob Lowe has been married for far too long to have been with Garcel, not on.
Speaker 1: They said it on the show.
Speaker 2: Really, Oh that means when she when they were very young. Wow, Okay, well she's she's I don't know.
Speaker 1: How old she is. She does not look good now.
Speaker 2: No, she's shutting heavy and she's not.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say she's an attractive one.
Speaker 2: No, it's the same thing what happened to Vivica Fox. Vivica Fox was a Fox back of the day. Her and Garcell both kind of went the same. It's like, oh ship, what happened? What happened to them?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, I'm going to watch the I'll watch the reunion special. I'll find it because I I remember when I wrote it, when I when I spoke about Osama, I just she rubbed me the wrong way. But I'll give it a second look.
Speaker 1: Give her a shot. I think you'll change your mind.
Speaker 2: But Darreate, I think I love dar dar I think is hot hot stuff. And I'm normally not into those kind of you know, very fancy women. But yeah, I like me some dire for sure.
Speaker 1: She's available now, dude, So yeah, I'm going to take.
Speaker 2: Her out on my bank account. Yeah. Watch, I can't. I can buy an ice cream color and cold and night.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think she's deeper than that. I don't think it's so back.
Speaker 2: In the day, back in the day. Oh yeah, yeah, that was some fun. There was some fun. I mean, Paul Abdul was set up with me. What Once you're in the thick of it in Hollywood and you're making money, you're out there and people see you, you'd be surprised what you get messages from people? Are you interested in dating? So and so? Very wild stuff happens in Hollywood, a lot of matchmaking.
Speaker 1: Is there a Hollywood dating app?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Raya r A y A. That's the big one. Yeah, you got to have some credits. You can't just show up on there, ith But that's where they all meet each other.
Speaker 1: So somebody decides whether you you nrited mission into.
Speaker 2: I've never looked into it, but you got to be a big enough personality in Hollywood to get on Raya. They don't just accept anybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, I may create a Benza persona on there and see if I can see if I can get it.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure anyway, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Great hanging out you folks next week. Appreciate you listening.
Speaker 2: Take care of