Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped news, you need advice? Who you don't have?
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help. Come.
Speaker 3: Man, this is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 1: Show three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five here to help you solve problems, answer questions, and take complaints. As you see, we're transitioning with our uh you know our stuff. We're transitioning from YouTube uh what we used to do, to a new kind of system. So bear with us. We are here to help you any way we can. And it's still hey, gets to stop that I have it. As it turns out, I have the best system in the world. But I don't know why that just happened. Let me just do this. Sorry, somehow I'm going nuts here. But people, here's what I'm saying. We're gonna have some growing pains, but it's gonna be much better. And then I'm gonna then Mark will be included and we'll all be doing it. It'll be wonderful. Trust me when I tell you, it will be wonderful. So what is going on in your life? How can we help you? And I will tell you. We will talk now about insurance. I think insurance has become a major, major, major deal in our lives. I think Brian will tell you that, Brian burns Compass insurance.
Speaker 4: It's become a major freaking expense in our lives.
Speaker 1: I would never believe that for a few cars and a house, Brian. I mean, you know, Mark loves talking about this, but we don't mind. What are families pay? What am I paying? Don't know? Fifteen grand? I don't know your's is cheap? Then Marvel Mark, you guys had some unfortunate any accidents and he claims nothing while you're out in the country. Brian, what are families paying with kids, houses? Cars?
Speaker 5: Well, if you have teen drivers, excuse that obviously. But let's just say, you know, two drivers, two cars, and a house. I would say the average premium people are paying is is north of five thousand a year for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm telling you it's unbelievable. Unbelievable. Now, along with you guys, I believe we have Deputy Dollar and Chopper and and so what we want to do is solve some problems. We're going to start out with Michael has an issue with a computer, and as I said, we've had our issues. The computer's Mark, I don't know if you want me to dump that laptop. I don't know. I mean, I have it sitting over there and it's like a boat. It still convinced it works perfectly. But keep it there. You're full of crap. It doesn't work perfect he Mark is convinced that I cause all the problems we have. Technically. He's convinced that that so is Shannon. And I don't know how this happened, but I swear to you. Things do break with me. They they do, but I don't know why. Anyway, Michael, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Well, I'll start out first telling you when it computer and dumb as a rock, so I called you. I got a new HP computer, then using it. The only thing I use it for is my banking. But now when I turn it on, it says I'm locked out, and on the bottom it said call Microsoft.
Speaker 1: No no no, no, no, no no no, no, that's's that's a virus. That's a virus.
Speaker 6: I've been listening to you for years, and.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you for not losing your life savings. Do you know how many people lose their life savings. There's a few things going on right now. One is that where you're locked out, So go to a local store, like you know, just go to a local store, a microcenter or something who are best buy, But do not call any of those numbers being locked out of your computer, or or saying that you know, good warning, you know you've been infected and all of that. That's going to be a way for them to get you to call. And then they're going to get on your computer and steal your stuff. The next thing they the next thing they do, and they did this recently, took two hundred grand from a senior citizen. I'm not kidding you. They told him that his computer and in fact we had a call here. This was not the call, but we did have a call previously too, and he'll lost I say only, but he lost his life savings twenty some thousand. But they say your computer's being used for illegal purposes and you have to cooperate or your mail, you have to prove it's not you. And then they make you, not make you, they have you do stupid things like share things with them, go out and get your bank account withdraw money, all of that. So I'm so happy you called us. How old. Is this HP computer about two old? Oh? Okay, so Mark can't blame me for doing this since you had it, it's not mine. But tell me when this happened. Were you surfing one day and it locked up? Or were you did you just turn it on one day and it happened.
Speaker 6: I turned it on and it was already locked up.
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you log in with on an email? He just had he somehow? He was I right? Do you log in? Do you log in with a password?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: You do? And did you put my computer with Did it say you had the wrong password? No? What does it say exactly?
Speaker 6: Well, it's my password just to get onto my computer, to start my computer.
Speaker 1: I know. But can you enter that? Does it accept your password? Yes? Okay? And then then what happens? Yeah? I just want to know what happens, because if your password is working, which it should, you're going to be getting into your computer. And then you show the lock up, right.
Speaker 6: Right, And I'm a computer and that's.
Speaker 1: Right, But but that's after you log into your computer, right, Okay? Got it? Now? Did you try powering down your.
Speaker 6: Computer by just shutting it off?
Speaker 1: Not just shutting it off, but literally like yeah, but not sleeping it, but turning it off and restarting it.
Speaker 6: The only way I turn it off is just close the lid.
Speaker 1: No, that's not turning it off. You have a power switch, right, No, yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Don't have a button I pushed to log hands or just start it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I mean. That button. Hold down for ten seconds. It should turn off completely, and then I'm going to put you on hold for a minute. I want you to recycle that computer. That'll get you out of sometimes some of those, sometimes not. Sometimes I put a little bug in there. But just hold on and do that. Okay, hold the power switch, yep, and make it go dark to where you open and close it, and you press that button and it starts up all over again, because normally when you open the lid and press the button, it instantly lights up. Right yeah, that's because it's never turned off. You want to turn it completely off, and so usually a few seconds everything goes dark, little lights on the front whatever. Then you restart, press the button again and it goes through the starting sequence like Windows starts up. In all of that. That is a Windows computer, right HP, of course, So hold on and we'll come back to you. But recycle that computer and I'll bet you you're not locked out. Sometimes it survives a boot and it's a little worm in your computer. But we'll see. William wants to talk about something else. Go ahead, A twenty twenty four four two fifty super diesel Diesel. What a freaking monster of a truck. Brother, What is happening with it? Will you?
Speaker 6: It's been in and out of the four dealership three different times for three different things.
Speaker 1: Happened, three different things. When did you buy it?
Speaker 6: I bought it exactly not two months ago and it had ten ten miles on it. It was brand new.
Speaker 1: Okay, well and tell me what, tell me what happened? I mean, like with the different things, are they serious? What are they?
Speaker 6: The first time, so that the very first day I bought it. The next day the engine light came on, so I took it back in and I told him that the engine light came on. They fixed it and I got it back. The second time, there was a really loud noise to my steering when I was steering it, like it was low on power steering fluid, and I told him about it. They checked it out and they told me there was nothing wrong. With It was completely normal, so I kind of just let that go. I was driving it for a little while and the thing left me stranded about a mile away from home as I was going to work.
Speaker 1: And when you said left your stranded stranded, what did it do?
Speaker 6: I was making some kind of weird noise underneath. I can't really explain it. But once I got to the gas station to shut it off, I went in the store and came back out. It wouldn't start again. It was just like the ignition was stuck on and it just wasn't all right.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm going to try to get Jeff Thicken on here about that. Uh so we got uh, We're gonna get that, and then we're gonna go back to Michael as well. So you hang on. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five waterpros dot Net. Now listen, Paul did this at my urging. They brought back that special. It was so popular that he's going to do it again for the holidays. And here's what it is. You get both listen carefully the softener, both the softener, and you get the whole reverse osmosis system for drinking both systems. One just used to cost thirty four ninety five, the other one was fourteen hundred. Now they're both thirty one ninety five. This is a This is a no brainer people, Waterpros dot net three oh three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five. I want to go back to Michael to see if you rebooted the computer and got into it. Michael, Yeah, so did you back on? You didn't do it? Yeah? Yeah, turn it back on, press the button, let it light up, and go through the cycle. I'll come back to you so, so it did turn off though, right, yes, and I just turned back on good and you see it going through the windows and all that, like it's starting up for sure, right yep, All right, hang on there, I'll go back to William. Hey, William, we do have okay, so we have Kevin talking on just as good as Jeff Fick. We have them all. We have good people. Kevin. This I don't know what the hell's going on with this diesel truck. I haven't heard a lot of problems with these super diesels. He has a four twoint fifty and well do you have. But the way you're describing it, William, you're having different problems, right, You're not having the same problem. Is that correct?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, there are three different problems.
Speaker 1: Okay, just again describe them to him quickly. Not what you think it is, not what you were told it is, but the symptoms.
Speaker 6: It sounded like the star was stuck on or something, and it was just what does that mean? Like it just kind of a yeah, just kept cranking over but it wouldn't start, Okay.
Speaker 1: But when you said stuck, I mean you could turn that off or did you? Did it keep just going run round? Around round.
Speaker 6: I turned it off.
Speaker 1: Okay, So but when you turn it on, it just cranks and doesn't start. Is that right?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 1: That could be as simple as bad fuel. I mean, you know on those diesels, but number of things. Yeah, yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 7: Glow plug like cycle normally when you turn you know, when you first get into the glow plug like come on, you know, the weight light.
Speaker 6: The newer ones they said that you didn't have to wait for anything. They didn't have glow pluggs and they did it.
Speaker 1: Did it start? Yeah, because they spark them right, not spark like a spark plug, but they're they're they're heated.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something on the hard start, does it eventually start? Yep? Okay, Then what's your next You said three problems?
Speaker 6: The gas senser made the engine light come on the very first time. They had a lead.
Speaker 1: So but that is that something that's gone. I just want to know about the nagging problems.
Speaker 6: The engine light was on the next day I bought it, so I took it in and they told me it was a gas answer that went out. And then I got my truck back and everything was fixed and everything was going good. And then I was telling you about that time I went to work and it wentn't start.
Speaker 1: But the engine light problem with the gag sensor was corrected, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was corrected the first time, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Okay, nine okay, So while that's a pain in the ass, it was corrected. It's minor. The other one was cranking a lot that has not been corrected. And then the one where you got stuck. What was that one?
Speaker 6: That one it's still in the shop there. It's a fuel thing. I guess it's in the fuel system.
Speaker 1: They told me. Is that the same problem? Okay? Is that basically the same problem as the hard starting? Uh? That?
Speaker 6: I don't know. It's it's a different issue from the first time.
Speaker 1: And then but they're probably related, wouldn't you say, Kevin? I mean that did believe they would.
Speaker 7: Be yees, yeah, that's two coincidental.
Speaker 1: So what what when they say fuel delivery? What happened that you had to call them? What happened? What happened?
Speaker 6: Well, when I took it back to for dealership.
Speaker 1: No, why did you take it back? How did you get stuck? Literally? How did you get stuck?
Speaker 6: I was going to work and it just wouldn't start. I stopped at the gas station and went out started to.
Speaker 1: Go, Okay, so it is the same It is the same crank. You said you had various problems. This is the same problem.
Speaker 6: I guess it is. It's a fuel gas, it's a gas answer, so I guess, well, okay.
Speaker 1: It's the same problem. Okay, So, so are are they making any headway with this?
Speaker 9: They're not.
Speaker 6: They're actually leaving me out of the loop. That's why I'm a little frustrated.
Speaker 1: Okay, is it in the shop right now?
Speaker 6: Yes, it is. It's been in there for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Now I want okay, I want, uh, I want one of our guys to call what do you think it is? Kevin?
Speaker 7: You know, hard to say. I mean, if they're taking two weeks to figure it out, it's obviously not something simple. But yeah, it's all the same problem.
Speaker 1: Either that, either that Kevin, or it's sitting there and every time a tech gets a chance, he goes over and instead is working on the stuff that's bringing in money. I mean, that's a reality.
Speaker 7: If possible, it may be starting for him too.
Speaker 1: Okay, here, let's have Chopper call over there. Okay, Sometimes just when we start inquiring, they at least put some attention to it. So let's at least do that for you. I call it lighting a fire. Okay, let's let's do it. I think we can chopper you. You love cars. Let's let's go over in and see what we can I'll do it. You not go over, but let's call him and see what we can do here. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five back to Michael now. And by the way, uh, give us a call if you have a problem. By the way, that's shared at autotech dot com. Three oh three, four, five, five, seventy two forty two. And uh, we haven't finished with insurance. We've got a lot to talk about there. I got a lot of texts here. People are going nuts with their insurance. They don't know what to do. Sad fact is, though sometimes Compass is having the same problem. I mean, they can look The benefit with them is they can look at twenty five different companies, so you're not stuck with one. But the truth is, sometimes you have the best deal that they can find, so you keep it. But that's the honest part of the insurance checkup. William excuse me, Michael. Let's talk about your uh your computer. Did you recycle it?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I got it on, so my pig to get on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and oh you didn't do Okay, he was waiting for me yet it's going. Yeah, let's see if it locks, if it still says you're locked out, and we'll.
Speaker 10: See and uh doesn't look like what sir, I'm not out, but it went that kind of my Yeah, but I can.
Speaker 7: Go to differ.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what happened that thing. Many of these things that lock up your computer do it just while you're on, while the computer's on. A lot of people think they're turning their computer off and they're not. But let me explain another thing to you. That's not to say you're completely safe. I don't know if you are or not. Do you do you do you run good malware and virus fare programs.
Speaker 6: I'd never have on this computer.
Speaker 1: Well, you probably should. You probably should have sal Windows Defender, which is the best. Okay, So then make sure Windows Defender is activated, and then do another thing, just because you should have two party or two factor authentication for any accounts that you have. Now, what I love on my computer is I have a fingerprint pad that I can touch.
Speaker 6: I got one of those two.
Speaker 1: Then you should enable it so no one can log in for you or do or do it where they have to verify by text or something. Everyone should have two factor verifications or the new security keys. Security keys are hardware and I haven't heard of anyone hacking security keys yet. I'm thinking about getting one. So it would be a little USB thing you carry and it's encoded and encrypted and you pop it in. Now what I I'm afraid of is if you just pop so you use your password and then pop that in. That's your second verification for those who don't have fingerprints, or if you're on another computer. Here's the problem with those keys. I think I think you can probably insert it and give it to some I think someone can trick you into inserting it. Possibly, I'm not sure if they can record it. I don't know that much about it. They're relatively new, but a lot of people are starting to use them. They're called security keys, and really it's an electronic key that goes into your USB. And I haven't heard about many people being hacked with them, which is a good thing. So, Michael, due to two party verification. I don't know about you, guys, but I think I deserve my own dinger here. I mean I think I do. I mean, I think I solve that problem right on the air, and I don't know why my dinger's not working. There go, we've just heard the last part. Man, Well hold on, hold on, there we go finally mine god okay. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I think his problem was when he launches a browser. But maybe, okay, maybe maybe he does. So you're saying it could happen again when he launches is did he hang up? I mark a lot of times, like when it happens when people shut their computer off turn on they can browse again. But I don't know. I mean, who knows. It could be something from chatterbait or something Who knows? Uh? Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Frank Duran, the real estate man can help you figure out what you're going to get for your house in this crazy market because he's selling each and every day more than anyone else, and he can give you a good idea of what your house will sell for with no obligation. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank Duran the real Estateman dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estateman dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot com. It's the shoulder season. Get them to check out your furnace and air now honest people, people I know in trust eight eight eight Heating dot com. Hey, Mark knows them too, Garrett, good guy. Hey speaking to good guys. We have Brian Burns. If you look in the dictionary and or good guy, you see his picture and uh. The Insurance helps Center dot com. We're doing insurance checkups and by the way you can do that without us by calling them directly three h three nine nine six nine thousand. He'll tell us what he saved people. During every show, we find people we can save money. However, Brian, let's be honest about this. It used to be eighty five percent of the time, and of course you're always honest eighty five percent at the time you save people money. It's gotten a little different now, hasn't it.
Speaker 5: It has It's hard to find savings.
Speaker 1: For a lot of seventy fifty.
Speaker 5: Tell me closer, closer to fifty, honestly, Oh no, really, so fifty telling people to switch cause sometimes we'll find a savings. But then I'll look at their policy and they have a lower deductive well they're kind of grandfathered in, and I'll say, you know, here's the differences, and I'll tell them, you know what they're giving up by going with a lower rate, if that's in fact what they're doing, and then they can make that decision as well.
Speaker 1: And if you go to the Insurance Health Center dot com, hit on a request a quote, and we're going to change that button to say insurance check up on I'll be showing you your banner in a little while here I made for you. I think I think people want to know if they're paying too much, have a good deal, or what I mean, if they have a great deal, they want to know that too. Hey, shay Lee, let's talk about this. This is happening a lot vehicles, campers, boats. I heard the other day comps don't And I mean, how can you blame them? They don't bother, They don't even bother looking they take a report with a camper with a boat. We've even had people call police and say, hey, I saw my boat. It's over, you know, in another neighborhood, and no one does anything. It's so frustrating. But I don't know if I can blame the police, you know, I don't know. Maybe maybe they have their hands full one, you know. Anyway, what's going on with you, Shayey?
Speaker 11: Yeah, So I have a travel trailer that you know, I wasn't using.
Speaker 1: I still owe on it.
Speaker 11: I decided to go ahead and essentially let somebody purchase it with payments and.
Speaker 1: Oh but you still owe money on it. You broke your agreement.
Speaker 11: So yeah, I still owe money on it. And the credit Union they knew that I was I was going to sell it to somebody on payments.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, hold on, what do you mean they how did they know?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 12: I told them.
Speaker 11: I flat out told them what I was doing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's weird because they would have called that do. You probably didn't call someone who actually cared, but if they would have called that note, they would have called the note do. I mean it's due on sale. But any way, let's continue that. We still want to try to help you here. So you sold it to someone on installments even though you you still owed What did you owe on it?
Speaker 13: Yep?
Speaker 11: So well, so I was keeping the title and everything or that you know.
Speaker 1: They would in your You were keeping it in your name?
Speaker 11: Yep, yep, that's correct.
Speaker 1: How much you owe on it?
Speaker 11: Fifteen thousands?
Speaker 1: Okay, now, yep, so that was smart. At least she kept the title. Now what.
Speaker 11: So now the gentleman was not making payments. I threatened to come and take the trailer, and he did.
Speaker 1: You have that in a security agreement. By the way, that that's called a security agreement. A lot of people make the mistake of doing an installment plan, but they don't go they don't do the next thing, which is called a security agreement. That's where you have the right to take it back. Not all loans are automatically secured. Yep.
Speaker 14: So in the.
Speaker 11: Contract it says that if he is within like six days late of a payment, I have the ability to take it back and then.
Speaker 1: When okay, and does it also address then what happens to the money you've collected or the money still do? Does it address any of that or does it accelerate the note that he has to pay it in full? I mean, what are the provisions or did you just be honest now just make this up as you went along?
Speaker 11: No, So in the contract it I'm almost positive it says that I would essentially just keep it and I would keep the payment.
Speaker 1: Who made up the contract?
Speaker 11: I did it through Rocket lawyer.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know mister Rocket, but okay, So anyway, let's talk about this now. What's going on?
Speaker 11: Well, so he was late on a payment and came back and told me, well, it was stolen two days ago. I guess he just parked it in the middle of.
Speaker 1: Only one payment. He's only one payment back.
Speaker 11: No, he's he's been late on probably the last five payments.
Speaker 1: When you say late, did he miss five payments or late on five.
Speaker 11: Payments he was, he was, he missed two payments, he was late on probably five.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, now the latest you hear it's been stolen?
Speaker 11: Yes, he said he was driving around, he parked it in a neighborhood and because he was having car problems, decided to go deal with his car problems. Came back and it.
Speaker 1: Was gone, Oh my goodness, you have he has who has insurance?
Speaker 11: I have insurance and he is a named insured on the insurance. However, the insurance company is seeing a lot of problems with the claim, and one that he's been so late on all of his payments. They question whether he still has the trailer and he's just saying it was stolen.
Speaker 1: Two, well, did you do a police report?
Speaker 11: I did do a police report, but you just file it online, nothing happens.
Speaker 1: Well, so your insurance is refusing to perform. Hey, Brian, let's talk about this. Coming back. We got an expert here on insurance. What would happen in a case like that? Do they have the right to question that? Can she even do this where she is insured and she insures this other guy while it's under sale? Let's talk about it. I'm Tom Martineau. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, so, Brian, this Compass insurance group. By the way, they're doing free insurance checkups right now. Three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand, Brian. If you have a trailer and you owe money on it and it's insured, can I loan it to somebody for lack of a better word, or sell it to someone on installments and have them named as an insured Does that do anything? She's still has the title in her name. She's still, as far as they're concerned, as the owner she can she ensure someone else.
Speaker 5: Well, so a trailer is a little different just because the liability we're talking about in this case, you're talking about physical damage. Physical damage. You have it on your policy and you would have the same rights to be able to loan it to people. The problem is, whenever you get to where you are letting someone regularly use it, they need to be listed. So in this case, I would have them listed on the auto policy. If she's selling it, it's almost like she's now a leanholder. At that point, the new owner should be the one ensuring it, and then she should be listed as additional insured. That's how it should have gone. So what happens now, Well, so now her insurance is doing an investigation? Is that what she said?
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk to her. So what is actually going on right now? Shayee?
Speaker 11: So the the insurance company is doing an investigation. They they said that, you know it is it is a little sketchy that this person had the trailer, was laid on payments and then all of a sudden it was stolen. They say, what do.
Speaker 1: You think is happening, Shayley, What do you think is happening?
Speaker 11: You know, that's a great question. I wish I knew he is the guy sketchy or what is he is? He he's sketchy, but.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 11: He's claiming left and right that this has been stolen and that he absolutely does not have it. So the the insurance company is also saying, you know, he was driving it and he just left it in a random neighborhood for two days.
Speaker 12: That that about that.
Speaker 1: Man, your nuts to do this on time? You were nuts to do it?
Speaker 15: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 5: And Chailey, did he have insurance or did you say you just it was just your insurance.
Speaker 11: According to our contract, he should have had insurance on it. However he did not.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I can imagine your insurance is going to have a problem with this. It's it is a very abnormal, unusual.
Speaker 1: But let's say she's loaning it to the guy.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, but loaning it. It's defined in the policy. It's got to be less than thirty days, is you know? I imagine that's what her policy language says. How long is he sat it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, okay, so they could exclude they can exclude it based on the fact she's selling it right, well, or it's no longer in her possession.
Speaker 5: It's it's not in her possession. It's still titled to her, is what she said, right?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: There are so many problems with this arrangement, Chailee, because it being titled to you, you're becoming liable if he does something reckless with it too, because you're on title for the vehicle or onto the title for the trailer. So uh, I completely understand why your insurance company is having a hard time with us.
Speaker 6: Yep, absolutely.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 4: The bottom line is they should be covering it. Am I crazy? Based just on what you said the Shaley.
Speaker 1: You got to get the police in on this. This is bad news. I would sue this guy, by the way, I would sue him in small claims court and get at least something out of it. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Or get an attorney and go after him, get a judgment. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 1: New need advice, So you don't have.
Speaker 16: Come running.
Speaker 13: As as we can, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 1: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. If you're looking at our stream here, I'm trying to get the studio guys to come back. Uh oh, I just mixed myself. Crap. I just I'm look at this is still all new to me, people, but I'm still having to do Oh there I am again. Okay, So anyway, this is all new, and I'm trying to get the studio to come in, and I'm having a little trouble. He's on a zoom call and I'm trying to bring up that video for those of you who are geeks and want to know what I'm doing behind the scenes. By the way, we were talking about a lot of interesting things. But one thing as far as insurance goes, the question is why why are we in an insurance crisis?
Speaker 4: Well, doesn't it all come down to, basically, insurance companies are paying out a ton of money?
Speaker 1: I read somewhere, I think, but it's all over the country, Mark, It's all over the country, and it's with cars, and it's with houses.
Speaker 4: Doesn't it all equal into the same bucket. If I'm collecting a million dollars in paying out a million, five hundred thousand every year, and then some states won't allow me to raise rates, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To leave that state.
Speaker 10: I mean.
Speaker 4: The bottom line is it's because they're paying out too much money, right, Bryan.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's it. It's a matter of how much money you're taking in and how much you're paying out. But Tom, you're right. It is across the country. But there are pockets in this country that are much worse than Colorado definitely fits in one of those, California, California, Colorado, Texas, and then Florida is its own problems.
Speaker 4: Some of the crime ridden areas like San Francisco, there's places if you live there, they're not even going to ensure your car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And I mean the problems in California obviously stem more from the fires, but in Colorado is just it's got the issues with fires. But hale Hale is absolutely wreaking havoc in Colorado. So people, you look around and you get a room of twenty people, I'll bet you know over half of them had new roofts in the last five years.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 5: So it's just how you know, it's just not sustainable.
Speaker 1: Who in this room hasn't had a new roof in the last ten years? And I know it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Oh you've had two, says yeah, two, How many have you had?
Speaker 1: Tom? Uh, No, I haven't had I haven't had any. And well, first of all, yeah, and many many men I know forever though, but yeah, well for a while, that's for sure. For a while. That's during two huge hail years. Yes, yes, that's true. And then before that though I didn't have any. It's been it's been a while, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: If you have an asphalt shingle roof in Colorado, you're you're almost certain to have had to replace your roof in the last ten years. In the in the metro area, not in the mountains, that kind of thing. But in the metro area, you're almost it's almost a guarantee you've had a roof or you should have or you should have or there's damage up there right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when you have shot people like if they have State Farm or All State or any of these people right now, all they have to do is print out the deck sheet the declarations if they go online, print out there.
Speaker 1: They don't need the whole policy, no, just the declaration. They send that over to you.
Speaker 4: You shap it with twenty thirty companies, depend on what you're looking for, and then you come back to them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, along with an operator list. I mean there's very very minimal information declaration pages, operator list if you're doing obviously auto quotes. And then a big question we have to know is when your roof is replaced, because companies now if your roof is you know, if you have an asphalt shingle roofs it's over fifteen years old, it's hard to find insurance.
Speaker 1: Can they exclude it or they can't.
Speaker 5: There's some carriers that can exclude it, but I would never tell someone if they have a policy that covers it. I'm going to say stay where you're at, because even though you might be overpaying, I wouldn't want you to switch and then be on the hook for the entire roof.
Speaker 4: Well, it's basically like not having insurance at that point. If you had a big hailstorm and water gets and none of it would be covered.
Speaker 5: Well, no, that's not true. The hail would not be covered, but the water damage that occurred because of that, the water would be Oh that's interesting. Yeah, they can't exclude that.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool. Yeah, Well, in any case, the problem is at a point where there are some condos and town homes not being covered at all, and that that is going to wreak havoc. Now here's the big problem we talked about yesterday. Stupid homeowners. And I don't mean stupid because they're stupid, I mean stupid. With the HA situation, they do not want to pay more dues, so they vote them down or they refuse to raise them as an HIA board, but no matter, and they have enough to pay their monthly bills. But what happens when a storm comes and they have a giant deductible, or they have under insurance or they have no insurance, They're going to reach they're going to have giant assessments, and lost assessment coverage isn't going to cover all of them, is.
Speaker 5: It, Brian, Well, so right now, I see this is another major issue that is going to be hitting personal lines insurance at least, because what has happened, to your point, over the last couple of years is that the policies, the commercial insurance policies that are covering these condo associations that are covering the exterior of the buildings have now had to take on deductibles that are so big that if they have a claim, they're going to have to assess each unit owner thousands and thousands of dollars. And on a condo policy, a personal ine condo policy, you can add loss assessment coverage and it will pay for those assessments. Depending on your policy, some of them have exclusions for HOA deductibles, so it's important to look at that. But the cost of that loss assessment is so minimal, I mean it has been let's say, for fifty thousand dollars a coverage, you're looking at maybe thirty bucks a year. That won't sustain because they're paying out way too much on these claims. So you're going to see that either go away or they're going to start charge a premium for it.
Speaker 4: You know, you mentioned something like you buy something like loss assessment coverage and you don't realize because no one reads the fine lines.
Speaker 1: And this is what you guys are really good at.
Speaker 4: I had an umbrella and I found out the umbrella I had before I met you, Brian, did not cover or come into play for UI uninsured motorists or underinsured, and you found me an umbrella company where it actually covers over I mean, it's really crazy. Most people would automatically think the umbrella is going to extend there, but it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Almost all of them don't. I mean I would say left that one. There's I have. Out of all the carriages we write for, I have four companies that offer extended uninsured motorists on an umbrella. But like your major companies out there, your state farms all staged, Oh, they don't offer it. You can't get it.
Speaker 4: So anybody, and I mean this, anybody out there that is not shopped insurance for a while, or you're up against crazy renewals, or you have a team that's another big change of life, call these guys for the free check three oh three nine nine six nine thousand.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's a good one. And as far as getting an insurance checkup, no one, I mean no one should not do it. That's weird, but everyone should do it. Let me just put it away. Let's talk to Matt Is about about his garage floors. Matt, what's happening? He dropped? Man, Oh we did. Let's go to Greg. Now here's what happened yesterday? No, it was, yeah, it was for yesterday. Greg. I think it had to do with his twenty thirteen GMC terrain was and took it to the shop because he wouldn't start a three point six sixth leader. I told him to go to hands On Auto Tech. He says, I can't find I need to find somebody, And I said, you go there. These are good people. Greg.
Speaker 17: What happened, yes, sir, so I called hands On Autotech and he told me a rebuild engine would be about the same price thirteen thousand.
Speaker 1: I think you need it. If you needed one, I wanted to get a second opinion on whether you need it or not.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well I've got to toe it someplace to get a second opinion.
Speaker 1: Well, well, can't Tom wait wait, couldn't hands On tell give you a second opinion on the engine? Yeah?
Speaker 17: He would, he said that sounded right based on the compression numbers that I.
Speaker 12: Gave ee a new engine, okay.
Speaker 17: And then Sheridan came in for a rebuilt engine three year warranty ten thousand and nine hundred. And the final place that I called Colorado Engine came in ten thousand dollars for a four year warrantied engine rebuilt. So the best deal has been Colorado Engine. But the question and I have for you is based on the fact that it's a twenty thirteen Would you just say scrap it and go out and buy another used car?
Speaker 1: What did you pay for this? And how long.
Speaker 17: Ago you twenty and nineteen? I paid eleven thousand.
Speaker 1: It's paid off, yes, And what can you get for it now?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 17: I can't get anything because it's I mean engine, it's kind of you know, if it's got a bad engine, I can't. I'm not going to get much off of it. Right. Good, Well, it's costing.
Speaker 1: But I mean it does it's still it still has some value, So that's what I need to know. It has some value. Yes, So what can you get for it? It has value? We need to talk about that. Really.
Speaker 17: So without an engine that costs ten thousand, well.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, well, I'm asking maybe we have one of our people. I'm just you know, with a with a caput engine. How's the body?
Speaker 12: How?
Speaker 1: What tell me about your car? Is it a good bod?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Body and everything else is in good shape that I know of. Okay, everything else is in good shape. It's got relatively new tires. I haven't driven it much in the last five years. When I bought it, it had one hundred and six thousand. I've got one hundred and twenty five on it now I bought it five years ago.
Speaker 1: Well, it's so basically you get nothing. So you're saying you're gonna scrap it for nothing.
Speaker 17: Well, I may get a little bit, but based on the fact that a used engines at least eight or nine thousand.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. I get exactly what I get. Exactly what you're saying, man. So what I'm trying to figure out, and I always go to cars dot com because it's a really, really really good source and it's a two thousand thirteen.
Speaker 17: Right, yeah, twenty thirteen gmc terrain denollage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the denalogy. Okay, And okay, well listen, man, they have some pretty good value. They have some pretty good value. I mean, not the extraordinary value. But let's say seventeen eighteen and so that's with uh, that's with some mileage. So let's just put it this way. If you're into it for eleven put ten, you'll be into it for twenty one with a new engine, right or rebuilt, which is like a new age. Okay, so you're going to be about over market for a decent one. And when I say decent one with fifty thousand miles, you'll be over market by about six grand. So but but you'll be over that market. But you but now you don't have any miles on it. So I don't think you're going to be buried. You you will be buried if you compare it to what's out there, but you're not buried if you compare it to the value you've gotten. The real question you need to ask will you keep this vehicle? If not, then you may not want to do it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was very happy.
Speaker 17: I was going to drive until it died.
Speaker 1: Then you ought to do it. In my opinion, you ought to do it because that five or six over market. When I say over market, that's over market for a truck with sixty or seventy thousand miles. Okay, that's that's six or seven over that. So if you're not six or seven over that because you have no miles, then you're not doing badman, You're really not. Now, I'm hoping your transmission is going to last a while, and perhaps you ought to have that checked out before you invest and shared and can give you that information very well. I would have. I would if you you're assured the transmission isn't bad and it can probably last, I would go ahead and do it. If you're gonna have to do a tranny, you're gonna be buried. And I would take that money and put it into a new vehicle actually, and get a warranty on it. Three ozho three seven one three talk. I got to take this ray three or three seven to three eight two five five Denver regen dot com for stem cell therapy, get out of Pain plus compounded weight loss drugs for pennies on the dollar semaglutide tzepetide a few hundred bucks a month compared to the fourteen hundred dollars or so for the prescriptions. That's Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off taking advantage of I want to hear from you. I mean, that's it. There's a lot of people out there that need help. I don't care if it's a bad landlord, I don't care if it's an automotive guy that ripped you off. How about I guess my favorite My favorite calls are probably those dirt bag contractors that just take money and do nothing. How many what percentage of people do you think that is? Kelly or Brian, you've listened to the show. How many times do we hear someone that literally just shows up, takes money and never does a damn thing. And to me, that's not a bad contractor or even a scumback.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's a thief. It's a thief.
Speaker 5: And I just hear rip repetitive comment from you guys is like, don't put money down on this stuff because you can't trust that they're going to do the job.
Speaker 4: No, And I love holding them out there. So if someone has ripped you off. One of the things we do on this show, it's a public forum. We make sure everybody knows who the sundbags are.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, And it's just amazing though, Mark, Almost every problem starts with money down. Almost every problem.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of people contractors on our referral list that take money up front. Well, you know why that's different because we trust them.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, but that's still okay. But still it's not impossible. I think, No, No, you're right. But even then, if it's on a referral listener, no matter who it is, if you must, there are ways to do it. You verify orders in your address to your address they've been paid for it, or you pay us work begins. I don't like paying for nothing. In fact, I don't most of the people on a referra list that take money up front mark it's usually not for nothing. It's usually for design, or for parts, or for I don't know, different things.
Speaker 4: I still go back to, I still don't think they should take money upfront. I don't care who they are. I just don't think me too. But my point, I mean, that's what I love. We have background checked them, and most of them quite honestly, we've known the companies ten fifteen years. I mean, that's the bottom line. But I wish none of them took money upfront. I don't see any reason for it. When you're working in someone's ouse, I don't see any damn reason for it, because you can always lean the.
Speaker 1: Property you've gotten.
Speaker 4: By the way, of course, you've got more recourses a contractor or someone delivering something like a roof for delivering something like shingles to a house, then the consumer ever has the consumer if you just take us money and run, they most of the time I have.
Speaker 1: Zero recourse, and then you have excel like Excel roofing. They never take a dime. Not a dime. Oh, I know what I wanted.
Speaker 4: We're talking money up front, Brian, listen to this.
Speaker 1: This is crazy.
Speaker 4: So I've got some hillbillies on my wife's side of the family.
Speaker 1: I'm talking.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to get like too far into it, but I have never heard of certain things they bring up. I just never heard of it. So here's the newest one. Tell me if Tom, tell me, if you anybody has heard of this. You can buy car insurance daily daily.
Speaker 1: What what's to day for it?
Speaker 4: You pay every single day to keep your car insurance daily. So if you got a courtinate for no insurance. I realize you got a show when you.
Speaker 1: Got the ticket, but think about it.
Speaker 4: You can walk in with valid insurance that you can buy for one day.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard of it?
Speaker 5: You're saying they actually pay by the day, hey, daily for no assurance. I can't imagine how many.
Speaker 1: So if they don't drive, they don't pay for it? No, well, yeah, yeah exactly. I mean they still drive when they don't pay for it. Are you is this in certain states? Mark?
Speaker 5: And this is not in Colorado?
Speaker 4: I didn't believe a damn word of it here. It is in surrop in Surify, I N s U R.
Speaker 13: Mark.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey Brian, who was talking to Hey? Mark? I was talking about that? How long ago? Brian? Did I talk about that or not? Insurance on demand? Well, it's insurance. It's paid daily, But Mark, it's also not paid if you don't use it.
Speaker 4: Tell you are a piece of crap. If you've got to pay daily for insurance, I'm sorry. I'm not gonna bs around anything anymore. Mark, you shouldn't even be driving.
Speaker 1: But Mark, I don't think you're getting the import of what that means. It's you pay daily for daily use. If you're not using the car, you don't pay it. No, I don't know how it works anything like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm insurance.
Speaker 1: I've always said insureurans on demand. There's no reason to have liability insurance sitting in my garage, okay, or if I'm going to go away for a.
Speaker 4: Week, like a thirty day policy or a six month, but you pay daily, That's.
Speaker 1: What I think.
Speaker 5: Well, and I think Tom to your point about you know, only being charged for what you're driving. The problem is a lot of people really don't like having to do any kind of tracking where an insurance company has access to know when you're using your vehicle. I get huge pushback because all the companies have it. And then you know, they promote that they could give you up to forty percent off your premium depending on how the program goes. But people don't like it. They don't like having to be tracked.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 5: When some companies do it forever. It's not a ninety day trial. Every single day that you get in your car, you're tracking your drive.
Speaker 4: Here's Hugo Insurance with Hugo dot Com. The Future of car insurance. Mike Row payments on demand coverage, no down payments, That's.
Speaker 1: What I'm telling I've said that for years. I've been saying that I even went so far Mark to reive at your insurance. What's that?
Speaker 4: Could you imagine? Like you get up, it's a Sunday, you're heading out to church or bar wherever you're going, and and bam bam, you forget to turn your insurance back on and some bum hits you and you have no coverage. I'm sorry, Tom, I'm glad you thought of it years ago, but I can't imagine people.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? Can I tell you off? Let me tell you when it really works. Okay, when it really works. People who who use their car okay less than others and other people that use it more. There are there's technologylage stolen. There's technology available now with a cell phone where you can track your usage and you can tell it's not you or it is you. And the reason I thought of this was for aviation. There are guys with small planes that fly one or two.
Speaker 4: Hours a year, some fly ten hours a year. Someone runs into the hangar and just kills the marine.
Speaker 1: Mark. Of course there are risks that you're allow that you might take. But if you're sitting inside a hangar most of the year and you might fly an hour a month, why are you ensuring for a million dollars of liability for every single day? Brian? Certainly you can see the folly in that.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, No, I totally understand if you're not.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Mark, I wasn't talking about Haull. I'm only talking about liability because that's the most important, the.
Speaker 4: Most Can you buy coverage that just covers the car, Brian, and not liability.
Speaker 5: Well, you can suspend coverage where the car is and it's just sitting in the garage, and.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about that. I'm only talking about liability.
Speaker 5: Liability is the.
Speaker 1: Only thing that really matter in it for other people, and you and pretend yeah. But what I'm getting at is if liability was easier to get, if people like then there was a proposal that when you buy gas, it pays for a certain fount of I'm just saying like this. Let me give you an example.
Speaker 4: Let's say I suspend coverage on my app or whatever, and then I am driving with I might know what you're saying. I'm in an uber and I get hit. My UIM is gone, so I'm screwed. I'm stuck with the twenty five thousand dollars or no insurance that someone hit me with and I have no coverage for you.
Speaker 1: I am well, of course I don't have that risk power. It's just all I'm saying. Of course, I mean, I would say that you have to buy the damn thing. I mean, you can't just say it, you have to actually do it. I mean, I get that. I mean, but what I'm saying is is that there must be a way. There must be a way well that you using technology, people pay for the risk they present they do, Okay, Tesla, what they're doing, Tesla does that exactly right. Now, Tesla knows everything I do.
Speaker 4: It knows where I go, what time I leave, how far I drive, how fast I drive.
Speaker 1: Do I use autopilot but off? It knows everything but I do?
Speaker 4: And if I go through Tesla Insurance, which is its own deal, if they do nothing else but Tesla, I believe it's owned by Tesla.
Speaker 1: The bottom line is they look at me and say we'll pass. Now, here's what I'm getting at. If the best, if the exposure of risk does not match the exposure you're taking on, it's ridiculous, for example, to be if you were a ballplayer and you wanted liability for when you were playing baseball and when you if you hit someone with the beast or the ball. This is a ridiculous example. But what it does is it draws the point I'm trying to make. And then all the times you're not playing baseball, if they still raided you. That's really what it's like. When you have an airplane or a boat, or you have a motorcycle, or you have a second car or a sports car sitting in a garage. Now, Mark I'm not talking about property. Damn, I'm not talking about the car itself. I'm talking about liability mainly. Well I told you, but once again, UIM.
Speaker 5: Is a big part of that, well, in the whole purpose of insurances. But you're still.
Speaker 1: Only exposed when you're on the damn road. That's the point I'm making. If you're not driving and you're not exposing the insurance company to your risk.
Speaker 4: I guess if you're an old folks home or something and never go anywhere, But.
Speaker 1: My UIM covers over to me when my friend's driving Mark. But you're still you were making the You're not making an opposite point. You're just saying the coverage. I'm not talking about the coverage. I'm talking about when to have the coverage. You don't have to have it at home when you're watching TV.
Speaker 4: Well okay, but once again, I can't imagine having to go to my phone and turning on my insurance.
Speaker 1: Well maybe there will be better ways, I don't care. But there are plenty of things you have to activate and unactivate. You know what it's you know.
Speaker 4: You know, And dear Scott, it would end up like these Damn Netflix and Hulu. I have like seventeen of them I haven't ever watched. I'd probably have more insurance than I ever knew, and it would end up costing me more. Remember when I cut the cord because I thought I was gonna save eighty bucks a month.
Speaker 1: I think I pay more now. Well, in any case, exposure is what we pay for, and that's what we should pay for. We should never have to pay for the times we don't give. We we don't expose people to risk.
Speaker 5: But Tom, what but what about what I just said? All these telematics that people are very reluctant for, That's basically what you're saying here. You're saying that they should do telematics because that is what's charging. It's deriving the rate off of how often you drive. I think that's well, yeah, people don't a lot of your listeners do not like the telematiccause.
Speaker 1: Well, here's why, here's why. The real reason isn't because of how much they drive, or where they drive, or how they don't want they They probably don't want to be judged on hardbreaking and speeding and going.
Speaker 5: They don't want to be tracked. That's the common theme.
Speaker 1: It's what I'm not talking about tracking the habits. I'm talking about tracking the time you're exposed like.
Speaker 4: Progressives whatever it's called. When you agree to that, you agree to.
Speaker 5: That shot, yeah, and it really like Okay, let me give.
Speaker 1: You a great I want to give you a great example, honest to God, a surgeon and malpractice. Now, if that surgeon operates one day a week or one day a month, or why do they pay the malpractice for every day?
Speaker 5: Okay? Here, here's would be the flip side of that. Maybe not specifically with your malpractice, but here's the problem. If you are deriving a rate based off of someone saying I'm driving one day a week, what happens if they drive three days that week? Are you saying that the insurance company wouldn't have to pay that claim any That's exactly right, But that would never fly. That would never fly, grow Brian.
Speaker 1: Under today's system, it would never fly. But if you lie and you cheat, you shouldn't be covered. What I'm getting at is if you paid, and people would be willing to pay more, they would be willing to pay more because in the aggregate it's less if you pay for certain days that you're at risk and you are under exposure, the total will be less than if you pay for every day, even though the per day charge might be more, or the per hour charge might be more, you would have more people participating. I believe it.
Speaker 4: Would create so many people not having coverage at so many times.
Speaker 1: I think it would be just the opposite. I think people who couldn't afford I think people who can't afford covered now would actually consider because they're buying it for a trip, or they're buying it for a day, or they're buying it.
Speaker 5: You're assuming those people aren't driving much.
Speaker 1: Those people drive everywhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I I would disagree on I'm not you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm not talking about the cheaters. I'm talking about people. But so what there are cheaters now, Brian. They lie to you about it and they're not covered if they lie. It's very easy. If you say you drive an hour away week and you don't, you're not covered. You're covered for what you go on the app and say i'm driving now, I'm not driving now, and if you lie, I mean certainly, certainly there is technology available to know when people are driving or not. And you know what drone insurance is doing that? Why pay for drone insurance every single day. If you're an aerial photographer and use that drone a couple times a month, guess what they're doing. They have an app. When that drone is in use, you're paying. When it's not in use, you're not. What is wrong with that? I mean, we have technology, for God's sakes to do that.
Speaker 4: Why are we paying? I want to ask you on that exact example you gave. So the guys gat and I'm assuming we're talking nice drones.
Speaker 1: You're not going to win. Say okay, we got a break, bark hold the thought please because I'm the one they're getting mad at. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excelro dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Hey, Tom Martino here, I'm still trying to pull in the video from the studio. Mark's uggs are like breaking the thing, but it's we're trying. We're trying.
Speaker 4: Let's have a let's have an over under on when he figures this out.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm doing pretty damn good. If you asked my YouTube morons, I'm doing pretty damn good or so far taking over in a pinch.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, I'm reading is we can't hear Mark or people or callers in the studio, but Tom's two left that. That's what I read more than anything.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, a minute, How the hell did you just show up? You just showed up in my obs I swear to you. I just looked at it and I'm gonna be putting you up. Oh no, now it went away. How the hell did I just do? It was a miracle.
Speaker 4: Cody out there can appreciate my life. It was a miracle.
Speaker 1: I just had you picked. I don't even know how that you went into my program and then went out again. Damn you. I don't know how that happened. Somehow it worked and then it went away and you did anything. Well, I'm trying. I'm looking I'm doing a show at the same time I'm trying to get this done. Oh man, let's just let's just go back to the phones. Okay, three three seven Now, I got to get that on me go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your bridge at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino your trouble shooter three oh three seven one three talk three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, so let me uh let me try to get this comment on insurance from Anthony. Go ahead, Anthony, Anthony, Am I speaking to the win year drop Anthony. Okay, I'm going to go to Tom. Then he has a question about insurance for Compass. Tom, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Hey, how a y'all doing?
Speaker 1: Good man? What's your question?
Speaker 13: Hey, so well, it's not a question, it's just a remark.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 13: I have three cars. I ensure every one of them. Why do I have to ensure every one of them? I can only drive one at a time. Why can't I just have insurance on myself and I can drive anything I want to?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 12: Why do I have to.
Speaker 13: Car insurance on three different cars? I can only drive one at a time.
Speaker 1: Now, that's called insurance on demand. And trust me when I tell you, regardless of what these guys in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tell you is coming, each one is individually covered because of the price and the value of the vehicle, and they mark Again.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about again, We're not hold on man, We're not talking about property. I'm talking about liability whenever I talk about insurance on demand.
Speaker 5: But don't you think liability rates change based on whether you're driving a big rig or if you're driving a small little car that's in a new very little damage.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm saying, rate it for the most dangerous one. But if you pay on demand, that's all that matters. If you pay on demand, you're not paying for useless time. People would be willing to pay more per unit if they used less units, but.
Speaker 5: The rates are less if you are if you have multiple cars and one driver, the rate is less, So it is factored in.
Speaker 1: You know what I feel like, Thomas Edison and I discovered the light bulb, and I got all these guys saying witchcraft, witchcraft. It's never gonna happen. It's witchcraft. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I'll let Brian and Marco out hunting during the break and I'll be here with modern technology. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, ripped of news need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 13: Come run in us astas as we can Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come man, This.
Speaker 3: Is the Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martino.
Speaker 1: Hi, Tom Martino, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. What is going on in your life? One of the one of the discussions we're having, and welcome, by the way to the show. One of the discussions we're having is how to basically ensure people at a more economical basis, and what we're doing we're also having it is because we have the Insurance Health Center today, we have Compass Insurance Group, and we're talking about insurance coverage and how ridiculously expensive it's getting, and so many things are going toward demand coverage and insurance on demand has been a concept that has been bantered about is it practical, Can it be done? I think it probably could be done for almost anything, even collision coverage or how apprehensive if you're gonna well, I'm talking about we're talking about cars. Now. Obviously you can't do it for health because with health you're constantly being exposed to risk. With a car, you're not if a car is not moving and in a garage and you choose not to have comprehensive collision and liability. You should be able to turn it off and then turn it on when you're exposed to risk, and if you do it wrong, then you're screwed. Just so what just like being uninsured, you're screwed to They.
Speaker 5: Do the big expensive, multimillion dollar cars for the rich people that they own. They just say, hey, I'm going to go drive this car for an hour, and then they turn it on, and then they drive it around.
Speaker 1: Then they drive it, Ryan, Is that true? That's good.
Speaker 9: It's the thing.
Speaker 5: I have not heard of this.
Speaker 1: I have not heard of this. Hey, hey, I'm not I'm not denying it. Dragon. I like that idea, and I think that is what it's going to and then my house catches on fire.
Speaker 5: I do think you run. The problem behind that is is that you have to remember to do this every time. I think how they're doing it. The telematics accomplishes a lot of what you're asking for.
Speaker 1: If that's what they use it for, Brian, But that's not really what they use it for. Well, it's not telem use it for one for one reason, only to raise your prices.
Speaker 5: That's not true. It's it's deriving a rate that is appropriate for the persons. So but they used my life at the time of day driving. They also use why shouldn't you have to pay more if you speed all the time?
Speaker 1: But of course you should go. But I totally agree. I don't agree, and I'll tell you why. That's because he speeds.
Speaker 4: How about how about some normal no he does, some normal person that's seventy one years old. Okay, okay, no, seriously, and this person drives speed yeah whatever, they and they drive it to speed limit seriously, and they drive right. But somehow they end up in a couple fender benders and they they did nothing wrong, and it just doesn't even matter. They didn't do anything wrong, but they're just accident prone. It happens they rear ended someone in a drive through on accident.
Speaker 5: For those things, well, that's fine.
Speaker 1: But here's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You've got a guy that speeds but is never ever in an accident ever.
Speaker 5: I do. I have made this argument before. But what they'll come back to is when or if that person does get into an accident, it's going to be a serious accident. At that point. That's kind of an insurance company's feedback to me when I say, well, why why do you charge? Because I used to fight this battle, I'd say, why do you charge for speeding tickets? If they don't have any claims, they're not, They're not costing you any money. But their point is that if and when they do, it's going to be a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Brian, I'm going one step past that. I'm saying they're charging you higher when progressive, especially when you plug that in and they see that you speed, heartbreak, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 1: But they had no.
Speaker 4: Accidents, no speeding, no I know, no movie violations.
Speaker 1: You did zero illegal, right, or at least you.
Speaker 4: Didn't get caught, right, But your rates can double, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can be You can be surcharged, There's no doubt about it. But but again, if people are saying, hey, I want to be charged for what is appropriate, and your point is that is appropriate because I didn't have accidents, I didn't do anything wrong, but they would argue that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to bring this up to chime in on this one.
Speaker 4: So wildly enough, I can get into a forty five foot bus and drive it anywhere I want and I don't have a CDL. I've happened to be doing it for years now. They will charge me the same amount as they would Scott, who's never done it in his entire life. In fact, he might even have a better rate than me based on his age. I don't know, but no tickets know anything. I can drive around a death machine if you want to call it that, because it could literally blow through four, five, six seven cars and kill everybody. But but but but he who's never driven anything like that, it's going to be paying the same exact rate.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not surcharged for lack of experience on something like that.
Speaker 4: You're right speed and do it safely and don't get caught. You get surcharged if.
Speaker 5: You're using that kind of app Yes, if you're using the telematics.
Speaker 1: So why is that? Because? I mean, insurance is not perfect. We know that. But I will say that there's got to be something now. For example, if it's nice weather out, you shouldn't have to pay for hailing run. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: That's right, listen, I really that's the slippery slope you're on.
Speaker 1: No mark, It really isn't. Because I could. The analogies are so not the same. If you have a house exposed constantly to the elements it's exposed. If you have a car not being driven and being garage, you should have the choice of covering it or not.
Speaker 5: But you do. You just not on a daily basis, like you're you're wanting. Let's say you you have a car that you are parking for the winter, you would just suspend coverage on it, and you could keep comprehensive even in that case, so that if there was a house fire or something that would still be covered. Someone broke in and stole it. But you're not paying for liability if you're not driving it. They just most companies. You're wanting to take a step further and say, I would like to do that on a daily, weekly type of basis.
Speaker 4: But what I don't like about what he's saying is a liability part, because I think people will forget and then they end up in big trouble themselves, like they have no coverage ship.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean forget it. I mean it's just like if you forget to pay your favor What if you forget to pay what if you forget to pay your premium mark. I mean, come on, but you know there's got to be responsibility.
Speaker 5: There is safeguards to that, because you get the notification that it's canceling, then you're getting a notice that it's canceled. In this case, it's solely on you to remember to turn your insurance on that day. In your scenario, I just think phone.
Speaker 1: Breaks or however you access your.
Speaker 5: App or lose it or and liability is the big one. You're you're talking about Tom that you're concerned about the liability cost on your auto policy. Unless you have a lot of tickets. Access isn't that much. The liability cost is not that much on your auto insurance.
Speaker 1: Well, he's mad that we're pooh poohing his idea. No, it's Thomas. I'm mad at all because it's going to happen no matter what you do, it's going to happen. Well, they do.
Speaker 4: They Well a daily insurance now I know that for a fact. I don't know how it works or what it covers. But you pay every day you log in and give him three bucks or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I think. But that's for the days. I'm sure that's for the days you're driving. I don't think you log in every day and pay. I think that you pay for what you're driving for when you're driving. I would love to hear from someone that's using it.
Speaker 5: Well, you mentionedgo they're not in Colorado, so it's probably a state by state basis whether it's even available.
Speaker 4: Or the ones that I've looked up, or like Georgia and Mississippi. Yeah, like they're based out of the Appalachians.
Speaker 1: Bob wants to talk about something. He's on the phone. Go ahead, Bob, Bob's going to Okay, Well, these people they come on.
Speaker 4: To talk about Bob called back in. I'll tell you exactly. You know what he wants to talk about. He doesn't mind getting money up front. That's the same conversation we've had.
Speaker 1: I like Boss.
Speaker 4: He's a great guy who's a friend of the show. He goes out, he helps people, he's a great landscaper. But he believes in getting paid upfront. So I don't know what else say.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in general with money upfront. I do believe that if you have materials ordered for jobs, that's different, or if you did design work or you did something. Here's what a lot of contractors tell me. The reason they get money upfront is because they clear their schedule for that day. So let's say they have five days and three people scheduled, and to fill up those five days, and if all three people say never mind because they don't have skin in the game, they have a week of openness. Now, to some degree, I can see that. To some degree. My thing for that is get a contract signed, get a contract signed with a start date, and if they cancel, then have a cancelation clause. That's fine, But why money upfront? See, that's the point I'm trying to make is money upfront, no matter what puts the consumer at risk. Now businesss are going to say, well, not money up from puts the business at risk. That's exactly right, and that's where the risk should be. The risks should always be on the business. Well that you're in business, you take risks, you make money, that's what you do. The other thing comes down to common sense.
Speaker 4: I mean, we call it a referral list because they truly are referrals from us.
Speaker 1: These are people we've known, these are people we do trust.
Speaker 4: So that's different than handing money to someone over on Facebook ads. That's going to do a job for one third of the cost of that job anywhere else. I mean there's there's stupidity involved in these decisions as.
Speaker 1: Well, absolutely three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So uh, however you feel, let me know. I just believe you're safer always if you do not put money down. By the way, renew Home Innovations your people to come in and do your shower conversion in two or three days with seventy two months to pay no interest. No one does that seventy two months no interest, Beautiful showers custom made for your movement and design. Renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. So I'm going to do a new one. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three three seven one three talk. I bet by the end of the show, I have the studio video up and running. Antoinette, your turn. What's going on? Antoinette, Hunter Bucks, Antoinette, what's going on? Now? You didn't hear me say, yes, what's going on? Anternette? What's happening?
Speaker 15: I live here in Arizona, and I live on the Mexican border between America and US, and it's in Arizona, Yeah, the Stanfield side. Anyway, I went on a little vacation on Thursday before the Memorial Day weekend. Yeah, everything was fine on my vehicles, in my house, everything was fine. I got back on Tuesday and they stole eleven vehicles and uh ten, Now who is they?
Speaker 1: Who is they? They are?
Speaker 15: I'm in the courthouse right now, getting ready to go to court right now.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, So so hold on, Antoinette, you're you're skipping way ahead. You said they stole. So they were arrested already, and you know who they are, or you think you do.
Speaker 15: Oh, they only they only arrested one. Tom just one.
Speaker 1: And and who did they arrest? Was it a Mexican national?
Speaker 15: I haven't seen him yet in face to face, so I'm not sure if he's a Mexican.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: The reason I mentioned that is because you said you live on the border. That's the only reason I was wondering why she said that as well. Yeah, so okay, so you're going to court and what's going on.
Speaker 15: I guess it's his preliminary as like a ten thous dollars to get out of jail. And they caught him on my land and they took his truck away from him and they impounded it. But he's in court, going to be in court now this morning, and supposedly they're going to kick him out on the street.
Speaker 1: Well, so what's the point. Oh you mean you don't like him getting out, is what you're saying. My god, I mean he's changed her life, she said. Eleven vehicles.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and he destroyed my house three bedroom, two bathrooms.
Speaker 1: My god, what state do you live in?
Speaker 15: I live in Arizona. You know where Cossa Grande is. I No, I don't, but okay, well I live South Americopa. The casino on I eight I got you that.
Speaker 4: Actually, I to know where that is, believe it or not. I used to bring my grandmother there.
Speaker 15: Okay, well that's where I raised two little girls, graduated from Cossa Grande High School, and we did very well until my husband passed away. And because they busted Chopel Guzman, I was no longer protected out there and I had to move into the city because the cartel cannot make up their minds what the hell they wanted to do?
Speaker 5: You got it?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you how you change it. You vote the proper direction. That's how you change this stuff.
Speaker 12: One.
Speaker 8: That one Trump by far.
Speaker 1: That is Trump, Yes, ma'am, yeah, that's Trump.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what to say when someone ramsacks, destroys her house, steals eleven vehicles and he's getting cut to the street. But we've seen people beat up cops on TV in New York, beat the crap out of them, kick them, almost kill them, and they cut them free for free. So I guess we shouldn't be surprised that this poor lady's life is upside down now because of a bunch of morons.
Speaker 15: That's correct. They destroyed about two hundred and fifty thousand dollars worth of land. I have one point eight nine acres out there, and they destroyed everything in order to get my vehicles from the salvage yard. I have to pay to remove them from his salvage yard, and he gave me one week.
Speaker 1: To remove them. It's crazy. I don't There's not much we can do for you except let you.
Speaker 4: Let everyone know how you're screwed by this. Yeah, there's not a damn thing you can do. Well, you can move to Denver, you know, if you want to join a Venezuelan gang.
Speaker 15: I think I'll stay with these cartails down here. At least I don't have to worry about all them tattoo boys coming in the house.
Speaker 12: And you know, I don't know.
Speaker 15: I just know that we had an elderly gentleman that went to court and he shot one of the five cartels and the drug people and they let the old man go. And I'm gonna go into court right now against this gentleman and see but they already told me. The DA told me that they're going to turn him lose. I'm not real happy. I think that I should own his truck that they impounded, and I think that he should listen.
Speaker 4: In all seriousness, you can talk to the DA and go after that kind of stuff. Now, I doubt you'll ever see anything. But you can ask to get repaid for all the damages. But that would mean the person would actually have to get a real job. So I doubt any of that's going to happen. But you can ask for stuff.
Speaker 15: Oh you know what they tell you in that situation. You can't get blood out of a turn up, Missus Palmer is what they say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a true statement. It's kind of a sad statement, but it's true. It's sad and true.
Speaker 15: Okay, Well, omen look, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I don't know what to say speaking of which if uh man, if you think about this, this is just unbelieve. Yeah it is. Now speaking of that, I know Mark is dying to talk about this. He says, you got to vote another way. I'm just going to say something Tonight's Hey, if you want to at least make crime less of a problem, you do have to vote another way. I'm not disagreeing with you that when things don't work, you go the other way, and you go back and forth until you know and you never have a lopsided government. Should vote your conscience. You really should.
Speaker 4: I mean, if things aren't going your way, a lot of people do. Like listen, Tom, I'll be the first to say, there's a lot of people that probably benefited from different things that change, like healthcare through Obama, there was a lot of people that didn't have coverage. Now, unfortunately, there was a lot of people that ended up paying a lot more for coverage and more taxes in order to cover those people that didn't have it.
Speaker 1: So it all depends. If I was someone that didn't have.
Speaker 4: That coverage, I would vote for Obama once again for that matter, or Harris, but it's just not the way it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, don't you vote your circumstance or are you voting someone else's circumstances?
Speaker 1: Of course, you vote your own, of course. But here's what I think. And I know you don't want to hear it, but god, I just know he's going to lose. Yeah, I know, you know what. I'm not even gonna I'm not taking your bait, dude, there's no there's no bait. He's going to lose. Okay, Well he's going to lose. And can we flash back.
Speaker 4: To twenty sixteen. For a minute, say it again, Tom, I want to hear it. How he was going to lose that? Or are you going to deny that you said that for a year.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't deny it.
Speaker 4: So you're you're telling you you're you're not going you were wrong in it?
Speaker 1: That is that going to lose? Because wait, wait, you're you're noticed what I said. I didn't say she's going to I didn't say she's going to win, did you. I didn't say the same thing in sixteen. I didn't say she's going to What I said?
Speaker 4: My god, Now, I I you're not You're not being about Parris's election.
Speaker 1: I'm talking, I, of course about your record of being right.
Speaker 4: Did you not say there was no way in hell that our current president was going to drop out?
Speaker 1: Was that not you as well?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I said that, OK. And I also said, you say Trump wouldn't win in a million years in sixteen, not in a millionaires. I said he wouldn't win. Ever, Well, I didn't say ever. I was saying that election. I never looked forward. Mark, You want to know the truth, I said he's not going to win. I thought Hillary was going to win. I guess is pointing out your track record. Okay, good, But here's the thing. It's not that the he's doing everything he can to lose. The guy just, oh my god, his most recent statement that he's going to prosecute and go after everyone who defrauded the election in twenty twenty. Okay, and do you have audio of this? I'm just curious. Yeah, in fact, I listened to it this morning. Yes, why don't you look at it? I don't mark here, unlike you, I don't look at just one source of news. Now, I want to make this clear. I am not talking about my personal preferences. I am saying that I feel he's doing everything he can in his power to lose. I don't know why. Well, sorry, but he is. You don't think he is. Just think he's You think he's talking like a presidential candidate. Yes, well I don't think he's think he's talking now. I think he's talking like most of us want to hear right now. Well, I don't know if they do or not, but maybe they do. Who are you listening to? Kamala? Who is now changed?
Speaker 4: Listening who is now sitting He changed every opinion she's ever had. I don't want fracking. Now I do want fracking. I don't want those now, I'm not tis I see Mark. Now here's I don't want to border. Now will you listen anything? Because he says.
Speaker 1: Mark, I'm not. I'm not holding up Kamala as a wonderful person in candidate. In fact, I don't want her to win. See here's where you you flaw. You believe because I bring out Mark. You believe because I bring out the deficiencies of Trump and the personality defects. You think I'm automatically going for the other side.
Speaker 4: Don't look at him as defects. I am pointing out. I don't think their defects. If Trump wasn't Trump, he wouldn't have been in in sixteen, if he got up there until.
Speaker 1: I don't think he could be You don't think he could have been in. You don't think he could win more people by having just a little more decordus.
Speaker 4: I've got this strongest base of anybody ever in modern history, the strongest base ever.
Speaker 1: You know you can So here's the deal. If you feel he's perfect, that's wonderful. I just feel like he is. He He he pisses people, He drives people away, who want to vote Republican. That's what I think. I think he does more to harm him, dam nimself. You don't come on, I mean, how many times are you gonna ask me? Tom Well?
Speaker 4: Honest to god, I mean, I don't even know what to say to that. If Trump wasn't Trump, he would have never won in sixteen. It wouldn't have happened. If he wasn't boisterous, and he didn't give people names, and I don't care if we were talking about the primaries or direct opponents. If he wasn't him, it would have never happened.
Speaker 1: Well, I disagree, okay, I think he could do better. I think he's divided the Trump was a statesman.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not saying I'm not even saying he should be a statesman and I original to.
Speaker 1: Be a politician. But I think people can be a little he can, he can, he can do better. I think. Now you know, will he win? I hope he does, only because we have lopsided government. I think he should because at least that'll let other, uh, other conservative values and thoughts into the govern where we're too far left right now, That's what I believe, Okay, that's what I believe. But I think he's doing everything that I'm just saying. I fear, maybe I should say, I fear that he's doing everything he can to piss people off, even people who want to vote for him. They look at him and some of them they're just sick and tired of it, and they're saying, why don't you be a little nicer for guys?
Speaker 4: Oh, they're going to vote for the socialist. No, I didn't say that. Well, I actually then and then none of it matters, honestly.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, well, no, I okay, I should amend that. No. I do believe a lot of independence will vote for Kamala because here's why they hate Trump. Okay, and and they they just tom it's not that they.
Speaker 4: In fact, let's just start running best ofs leading up to the election.
Speaker 1: Dragons, it's not that they love I don't. But see, I want to be wrong, Mark you see you you look at it as a contest. I want to be wrong.
Speaker 4: Actually say, you make definitive statements. Biden will not drop out. It's not going to happen. You were wrong. Trump will not win. You were what I was wrong?
Speaker 1: I thought I thought his ego was such that he would never ever ever drop out. I yeah, well, okay, that's what I thought about. He was wrong, Hey, Mark, he got people think people have different opinions.
Speaker 5: All the time.
Speaker 4: If you're a Democrat out there, the fact that they didn't even give you an opportunity to look at other people tells you what a sheep you are? You sheep Democrats out there. You didn't even get a chance. They picked it. Do you realize that you morons, you didn't even get to pick a candidate this year?
Speaker 13: Mark.
Speaker 1: Just like I don't like people calling Republicans warrens, I don't like calling democrats Warns. I think everyone has their own opinions. I happen, I happen to skeew more conservative. But I don't think all Democrats are morons.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think they are either. But I'll tell you what. They got screwed by their party big time.
Speaker 1: We got. We got to take a break, by the way, and we'll come right back. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talk three all three seven one three A two five five The Voice of Balance, Tom Martine. Hey, David, what did you want to say? Go ahead? I'm allowing it. Go ahead, David.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just wondering. I don't understand why, you know how you had all these deputies. Why Mark can't just be a deputy and keep him off of the air. I mean, he ruins the show, he does well well according to everybody else in the world.
Speaker 4: You have dumb ass. They love me, and you know what, David, I'll be honest. You're the kind of guy, but you know what, here's the problem. Put your ass on hold. You're the kind of guy that does this. You just there and complain about me, but you think about me every night.
Speaker 1: When you go to sleep.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to hear what the hell he's gonna say the next day, so I can get all worked up.
Speaker 1: And do you know what? Now I figured out why he likes Trump. Come on, man, I just figure he's there. They're like you notice you never see him together?
Speaker 4: And you ever notice that? Hey, guess who I saw in Arizona?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 4: And I am not kidding Vance. I went and I went and met Vance?
Speaker 1: Did you really? Honest to god? I got pictures and everything. How did he sound? He sounded great? M okay, he was at the Bill. Hey, David, listen, David. Everyone's got an opinion on everything. I swear to God. I mean, that's what this whole, that's what the world goes around on.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, like he put me on hold you you?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, what happened to David? Hold on? Stop? Mark, hold on? Go ahead, David, back up? Go ahead, David, go ahead, David seriously, go ahead, Cliff whoop? Sorry David, Mark, come on, let him finish. Just go ahead, David, seriously, let him do it. Let him finish. Okay, David, go.
Speaker 18: Go David.
Speaker 1: Oh he hung up? Now he did not see okay, Bill what did you want to talk about? Insurance?
Speaker 17: Go ahead, Bill, okay, just uh, why can't we all have insurance on ourselves?
Speaker 16: Because you know in nineteen seventy seven, I well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody say you're talking about so whatever car are you driving? All that right, because because all the cars have different as Brian brought out aptly, all cars have different performance guidelines, difference what they're different, that and it. For example, if you have insurance on you, Bill, and then you drive a big rig or you drive a motorcycle, or you drive a Ferrari, or you drive a Chevy Tahoe, it's going to be a lot different risk.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but you know in nineteen seventy seven, oh.
Speaker 1: And then nineteen fifty three, and in nineteen twenty Well, okay, go ahead, tell me what happened?
Speaker 17: Wait wait I lost my license?
Speaker 1: Yes, and what happened?
Speaker 6: I wrecked the car when I lost my license.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I lost.
Speaker 17: So to get my license back, yeah, I had to get insurance, right, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm just me. Not on a vehicle. No, that's not true.
Speaker 5: It's called non owner's non owner's insurance. But oh it doesn't cover you on your own vehicles. It only covers you on other people's vehicles. In other words, you have regular access to a vehicle. The non owners does not cover you.
Speaker 1: So, Brian, who would buy non owners coverage?
Speaker 5: Someone that doesn't have a car that or someone A lot of times I'll send the more expensive No. I mean, it can be based off of driving history. But the most common reason you see it is someone that lost their license, that has an SR twenty two, is required to carry insurance, but doesn't have a car.
Speaker 1: And I believe you wrote one of those on me when I used to have trade cars from Roly.
Speaker 5: I think I don't remember doing a non owners Maybe I did, Maybe I did, But yeah, non owners that is a thing, but it doesn't cover you for what you're you're talking about here. It doesn't cover you to just drive one any any vehicle you own.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm going to go back to David. Please let him finish his point. I'm serious, dragon, Let him finish his point. Locket in there, let him finish. Uh, you know, And and people, if you want to call me a trump Peter, you can call me too, But I'm not a trumpeter.
Speaker 4: No, David's a marketer, even though he sits at my shrine every day at night. Okay, a picture of me on your ceiling.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: David, listen and I go I mean way back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, I'm listening.
Speaker 2: I mean, you help my sister when you are on channelful. She got a new uh the sewing machine. That was like when I was twenty something years old, eighteen anyway.
Speaker 1: Mark, Mark, let him complete and then you know, like let him finish. Go ahead. But you know.
Speaker 2: He used to come over. I knew him because his kid, and Jeff was my friend. I mean, I've been listening forever. I mean I know Jeff Feast and it's just.
Speaker 1: It's like he knows Papa John.
Speaker 7: I stopped listening.
Speaker 2: I just can't and that I'm not the only one.
Speaker 1: Dragon. Can you help me out? And I'm serious, Dragon, I'm dead serious.
Speaker 6: You're on you.
Speaker 12: You take a day off.
Speaker 2: Mark's there alone. I used to like play this and I'm like, this is the guy that's supposed to be helping people, and people were it was like the comedy.
Speaker 1: But he does he does help people, but he.
Speaker 2: Helps people understand the best he can.
Speaker 6: But overall, you got to weigh it up.
Speaker 2: I mean, he doesn't even seem to understand, and I understand, and just like you, Tom, you're making a point which is very valid. I voted for Trump. I'm a conservative, but I know people that were in the middle, and they saw his first debate. It was, you know when he was uh, the very first one when he decated by.
Speaker 1: You're rambling, keep going out now now you're well okay, I said that was it.
Speaker 2: The point is got a very valid But they said they can never vote for him, and they're not voting. They won't vote for Kamala, but they can't vote for Trump because they can't stand him.
Speaker 1: Now, you got to vote for someone. Simple point.
Speaker 2: I'm voting for Trump, but other people vote on their emotion, and it's just.
Speaker 1: I gotta take a break. Good jo ahead, Mark, No, it's great, David. I appreciate it. David.
Speaker 4: I hope, I hoping you and your family and wish you a merry Christmas and all that crap.
Speaker 1: All right, we got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Okay, I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk Craig, Go ahead, what's going on with you? Craig? Welcome? He just well, now I got I got another one back, so I think he's upous. Go ahead, Craig, what's happening?
Speaker 9: Hey Tom? Yeah, I switched over to your station. I don't mind the political talk on your show, and I want to support what Mark said. Yeah, Democrat, the Democrat elite decided who their candidate was going to be.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true, Yes it is. Oh everyone knows that.
Speaker 9: Of course they well not everyone knows that, which is I think they do?
Speaker 1: Come they don't. They have no idea.
Speaker 9: Kamala Harris was not even she was the first one out in the Democratic Uh try last primaries last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was warmed right, So.
Speaker 9: Where is all this support for her. Now, why did this she suddenly become the queen of because.
Speaker 1: She's a she's because they were they were desperate to rally behind someone. That's why, I mean, let's face it. And by the way, by the way, where where you have to go to Ray Craig, you're welcome to stay there. And I don't mean for this to be a political talk, but there's nothing wrong with talking about it. There's nothing wrong at all. It's a major deal. And I just made an observation that Mark disagrees with. It. Doesn't express my preference, but I think I think Trump could be a lot nicer and still get the support plus more. I don't know, that's my opinion. Got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two rip you don't have run as can? Shoot's gonna help? Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three All three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. What's going on in your life? How can we help you? All you have to do is give us a call and quite a lively show. I like I said, Uh, I don't ignore stuff, can't ignore stuff. I Uh, I have to talk about stuff. Tonight people are having watch parties. It's like a damn super Bowl between Kamala and uh and Trump. And all I said was, uh, you know, uh, I think there's enough hatred out there for Trump and people are tired of those antics of putting everybody down and talking about who he's gonna go after and who's stupid, and that people are fed up with it, and he's probably gonna lose. And then I didn't say I wanted him to. In fact, I said I'd probably vote for him, and I would rather not have lopsided government. We're totally lopsided, and I think he would not be a block to a lot of good things that would balance things out. I also believe that Kamala would be a disaster. But it's going to be interesting to watch this debate tonight. It's going to be very interesting. I think I would play defensive and just sit back and let her destroy yourself. But what do you think? I mean, really, what do you think? What time is it on? By the way, what time does anyone know? Seven o'clock, seven o'clock? So anyway, today is Insurance Helps Center Day, although you can go there any day the Insurance Help Center dot com. Have we been doing any checkups? Brian today, three h three nine ninety six, nine thousand. I'm encouraging people to call and see if they have a great deal or if they if they need to change what.
Speaker 5: Did you okay? I have a couple here that were sent my way. One I thought was interesting. They called because they are with I think it's Amerror Prize, but through Costco Direct, and they had a couple claims over the last I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know Costco. I didn't know they did insurance druct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have some kind of program. It's through I think the company is called Ameror Prize, but this particular customer has had them, had a couple claims and it was just they did not enjoy the customer service for claim handling. So we have moved them over to Travelers.
Speaker 1: And was it a better price?
Speaker 5: It's basically the same. It says, not not much savings, but they were thrilled to have someone to talk to. I just it's a different kind of call, so I thought I would share that. The other one that I have here, this client had auto home and umbrella with three different carriers. We packaged it up and they have a big house. The house is over one point five million on the dwelling, and so we put them the carrier called Pure and the Pure for home auto umbrella is a much better policy than what they had before, has uncaptured replacement cost. It's it's got everything you would want, and it saved them four thousand a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's unbelievable in today's let's face it, in today's day. I mean this is that's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Yep. And then one more, it looks like the person called in has had a home and auto and an umbrella. No, they didn't have the umbrella home in auto with USAA.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: We moved them to a company called Acuity, and we added an umbrella, give them an extra million dollars, lowered their deductible from one percent of their dwelling limit to five thousand all peril, and saved them fourteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's so we're still saving that's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're still finding some yep.
Speaker 1: Yep. So you can do this at any time three nine nine nine thousand three or three nine thousand, yes.
Speaker 18: Sir, Can I ask a mister compass here next to me?
Speaker 19: Yes, if you could address if you had a truck that was totaled due to hail damage, is there a way a workaround to get full coverage on that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it's not a salvage title. It's a what is it called a branded title.
Speaker 1: But they're always going to take away that damage.
Speaker 5: That's right, That's what I was gonna say. You can there there are carriers out there that would give you full coverage as long as it's not salvaged.
Speaker 1: Well, it's full coverage, but it's not full coverage. It's called fold coverage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're getting depreciated value. And this is my argument for not doing it because you're paying for a premium of a vehicle that would be fixed completely. But they're not going to fix it completely. If you had an accident, they're going to depreciate based off of a factory I.
Speaker 1: Can't think of anything but a total wreck where you'd get any payment.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, now, okay, it's still a clean title cord.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. Charlie, I mean, I mean, Chopper. I'm looking at Charlie, who's on the line I want to take, But Chopper, it doesn't matter because here's the deal. Let's say that claim. What was it a sixteen thousand dollars claim? Why did they totally?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 1: What? Or they didn't totally? But why are they not fixing?
Speaker 13: It?
Speaker 1: Was his sixteen eighteen year an.
Speaker 19: Actually, I'm getting it fixed, and that's why I was asking if I could.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't mention that hard. Oh yeah, well you can get.
Speaker 5: Full covered, you meant when it was still damaged.
Speaker 18: No, I was told I could only get my bill O.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not true at all. Get full cover once it's fixed. It's fixed. That's the only part of course, you can get coverage. It's a regular car.
Speaker 18: What did you make muck matter or something?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 18: I think he just left?
Speaker 1: I mean, who knows, Charlie. What's going on with you, Charlie, what's happening?
Speaker 12: Hey? Tom, was appreciate your service. Here's one for you, and I'd love your advice.
Speaker 1: Came doing a.
Speaker 12: Gentleman selling a property. Okay, a business, Yeah, tell my owner. I approached him, We came to an agreement.
Speaker 20: He sent me a purchase agreement which needed to be modified and modified it sent them the red line. I sent it in both word and PDF format. He turned around and signed it. Okay, which one did he sign? Which one did he sign?
Speaker 12: He signed the red line one, the one that I modified, the PDF? Purchase the PDF? Okay, okay, keep going, he signed signed a PDF.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 20: So over the course of two months, over the summertime, I'm working at this business that I'm buying.
Speaker 12: That's what he's selling, is this business with the property. So I'm learning the ropes of the business. Two months into it, he turns to me and says, is this the.
Speaker 1: Standard real estate contract for the state of Colorado? No, who made it up?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 12: It was they sent it to me originally, and then who's they?
Speaker 1: He and his attorney.
Speaker 12: No, him and his father who owned.
Speaker 1: Really, it was a contract that they drafted.
Speaker 20: Uh, correct, it was, well, it was more or less a standard purchase agreement that they looked like a.
Speaker 1: Purchase agreement for the business and real estate owned by the business. It's but yeah, but it's it's the business. If you didn't buy the business, you couldn't buy the real estate.
Speaker 12: Correct. Well, I'm bind both correct, But.
Speaker 1: Charlie, Charlie listening, sir. If you bought the real estate, it's a real estate transaction. If you bought the business, it's a business transaction. If you bought the business that owns the real estate, it's a business transaction. Okay. So I'm trying to discern it because different laws apply for different transactions. You bought a business and the real estate was part of the business. Is that correct?
Speaker 12: Correct?
Speaker 1: There were not two separate contracts. Is that right?
Speaker 12: Correct?
Speaker 1: Okay? Keep going, keep going. Okay.
Speaker 12: So, over the course of the summer, I work at the business. I get my head around things, making some adjustments, buying equipment. Two months later, he says, hey, why is closing? I said, well, you have your approach to the title company. He hadn't approached the title company yet to start the closing. He at the beginning of August, I actually get an email from the title company that says, hey, here's where you send the escro money, which I did within twenty four hours. They acknowledged it on August sixth.
Speaker 20: I'm working with his daughter to transfer the domain name social media on their paperwork and contracts, and then at the end of the month he just turns around and says, I've decided I'm.
Speaker 1: Not going to do this. Okay, Okay, keep the business. He wants to keep both the business and the real estate.
Speaker 12: Correct, Okay, this is after I put in hours and hours and hours work, purchased equipment, I've made adjustments.
Speaker 1: Is your question on the red line contract?
Speaker 12: My question is, because we have a age, whether it was red.
Speaker 4: Lined or not they signed it right, I'm not positive, Tom, but I've kind of had to do research on this before.
Speaker 1: It's pretty hard to enforce that.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it's impossible, but generally it's going to be up to a judge if it truly is redline and what is.
Speaker 1: That, and well if they both agreed to see see if he signed the red line though, Mark, that's different.
Speaker 4: But the red line means that that section of the contract is crossed out. So if that section applies to any reason or gives any reason, No, no, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think that's your what you're alleging, right sir? Are you saying that you're not trying to enforce a red line portion? Right? Correct?
Speaker 12: I'm not what I guess when I in my apologies, I am using the wrong terminology. When I say redline, I mean updates, not crossed out.
Speaker 13: Like.
Speaker 12: Okay, the purchase agreement they sent me was from New Mexico. It literally said this is and.
Speaker 1: You changed it, you made changes, and he signed it. But here's the real question. The real question you have is can you hold people to what is called liquidated damages or specific performance, and that's usually called for in the contract. In the absence of that in a contract, if you don't have liquidated damages like usually there's an amount if anybody breaches, here's what you owe. Do you have liquidated damages in that contract? I'll have to check it out.
Speaker 12: I don't have it in front of me.
Speaker 1: Well that's something you should remember, but okay, correct, Well, hold on, you did have a lawyer well, if you had a lawyer, ask the lawyer if it's liquid data damages or specific performance. Now, in the absence of anything mentioned, it's an agreement, and theoretically you can sue for specific performance and usually you don't win.
Speaker 4: You really don't think there's a contractual issue, though, if he made changes, and let's just say the other person didn't realize changes were made to it and signed it, I don't understand why this conversation started with a redline contract.
Speaker 1: All he wanted to say was he revised the contract and they came to an agreement, and they came to an agreement correctly, Charlie. I mean, it's no different than any contract that's changed, even when you crossed a fout and initial it. He's not even he's not even trying to enforce the crossed out part. But Mark was asking, do any of the crossed out areas say stuff like he can back out? No, there's no, there's no because what Mark is saying is he could simply deny. He could say, wait a minute, I have a backout clause here, and you can say no, I crossed it out or I made a change. But Mark, I don't think he could you send us a copy of that. Can we look at that?
Speaker 12: Sure? Sure?
Speaker 1: But I don't think he could sign it though and then claim he didn't know there were changes made.
Speaker 12: Correct.
Speaker 1: I don't think he.
Speaker 20: Could after after timeline. We have emails that show he signed it after I made the revisions. But also we add to this, the title company had created a commitment agreement.
Speaker 1: That doesn't matter that it doesn't matter. It still goes back to the original contract. Can you sue him for specific performance? I would like to get Brad O'Brien because it's even though it's real estate, even though it's business, it has real estate tied to it. I would just like to ask because he's good at contract law in general. So see if we can get Brad on real quick. We got to take this break. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, let's talk to Brad O'Brien, attorney at law. Thank you, Brian so much for being here. Charlie had a question. Nowt it's not just real estate. It's it's a buy sell agreement for a business which is attached to the real estate. Charlie, what kind of real estate A warehouse or what?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 12: So the Charlie drive in movie theater? Yeah, I'm here, can.
Speaker 1: You hear me? Yeah, it's a drive in movie theater.
Speaker 12: Correct? Correct?
Speaker 1: You mean like a drive in, like a good.
Speaker 12: Old fashioned Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 1: Really were you driving with your car and you sit in your car and watch a movie? That's it? Okay, So you're buying that business and you didn't use the state approved contract. You just they made up a contract, you made some revisions, you both came to an agreement and signed it. Did you put arnest money up? I have? I have? Okay? How much of earnest money. Did you put up ten thousand dollars and then after or how long did he say? I changed my mind less.
Speaker 12: Than thirty days.
Speaker 1: Did you meet with all any requirements like financing or anything that were Is there anything you did not do as far as deadlines in the contract?
Speaker 12: No, I have met all requirements.
Speaker 1: Is there anything in the contract? Is there anything in the contract that mentions liquidated damages or backing out or anything? He doesn't know he's going to send it over though, Brad in general. In general, Brad, he's upset that the guy's backing out and he wants to know can he force him to go forward?
Speaker 8: Well, you got to look at the actual written contract to answer that question.
Speaker 1: What would in the written con Let's put its way, Brad. What in the written contract would not allow him to back out?
Speaker 8: Well, there should be a remedies section, which is what you can do again, get us side defaulted if it says the buyer's only recourse. If a solid default is to get the money back, then that's all you can do.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, if it's okay, like.
Speaker 8: A specific performance, then you can force the salor go through.
Speaker 1: What I want to ask is this, does it have to mention specific performance? What if it's mute on both of those, on specific performance and liquid dated damages. What if it just doesn't mention either of those.
Speaker 8: What then the question of Colorado case law. But I believe without researching, I believe that you have a remedy of specific performance if it's not excluded.
Speaker 1: But okay, so it could be it could be that if it's not excluded, that he could do specific performance. This is what I've been told in the past. Although I've never been involved in a lawsuit like this, Brad, I always was told it's very difficult to sue on specific performance because to make someone do something they do not want to do can be a real problem.
Speaker 8: Yeah, most of time cases are about money, and if there's a money remedy that the courts, that's the number one remedy you can get courts is to get money for your Andrew your images and specific performance is an equitable remedy, and it's that's why it's helpful to actually have that in there that you do a specific performance.
Speaker 1: Kay, Charlie, did you look at it while we're on the phone or not? Or you still don't know?
Speaker 12: No, I am looking at it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to take a break and look at it. Brad, thank you so much. Olslaw dot com for real estate issues of all kinds seven to zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight. So what Brad is saying is this, if it doesn't exclude it, you can probably go for it. But if there's liquid data damage under remedies, you need to go for that. If it doesn't mention either of them, you know you could have a case for specific performance, but it's going to cost you money to make this go, you know, to to enforce it. So think about that and then let me know what it says. Right after this, I'm Tom Martinez, and I want to say, probid energy dot com for solar systems. Again, we only have a few people we endorse for solars. Probid Energy dot com honesty, integrity, value. Probid Energy dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you use Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, I want to go back to Charlie real quick and see what's going on. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Remember honest evaluations of your furnace and air, and they do heat pump's high efficiency for those with solar systems as well, especially if you couple it with an installation, you get a big tax credit. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. So go ahead, Charlie. Did you read about remedies for cancelation or termination?
Speaker 12: Go ahead if the if correct. So, if the seller fails to comply with this contract for any reason, seller will be in default and the buyer may either in forced specific performance, seek such other remedies as may be provided by law, or both, or be terminate this contract and receive earnest money, thereby releasing both parties from this contract.
Speaker 1: So it actually provides, literally provides for liquidated damn excuse me for a specific performance. It does not exclude it.
Speaker 12: Correct, Wow, as I read it. It's how he signed it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to cost you, you know. But if you really want this driving, if you really want this dying kind of business, you ought to go. And I'm just joking there, Charlie, But does anyone go? Does anyone go to Driving's anymore? Well, we don't have any around here, so I mean I went to where is it, Charlie? Where is it?
Speaker 12: It's on the western slope.
Speaker 1: I mean, Mark, if you can sit at home with Netflix, I just don't understand the drive of.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll tell you. When our kids were younger, it's still a blast man.
Speaker 5: So you go up there.
Speaker 1: Usually you tune in of course I am REFM Radio.
Speaker 4: And then behind the screen they have all the arcade games in some of these, and then you know, you walk up to the concession stand. You got the Hamburger's hot dogs. You put the blanket out front. When the kids were little, I thought it was really cool.
Speaker 1: Actually that brings back good memory.
Speaker 20: It take it and to take it a step further, guys, we're going to be adding a stage to the front of the screen. So we're going to be bringing in actual like comedians and music.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 12: The screen allows it's a venue, so it's it's an entertainment venue.
Speaker 5: I think it sounds really cool.
Speaker 1: You need to hold these guys to the contract.
Speaker 4: If it's a good business man, you really should.
Speaker 1: Was it a good price.
Speaker 12: To sixty five twelve acres?
Speaker 4: And if you think about wait a minute's put some sixty five twelve acres the screen building an equipment. It's western slope, tom yep, So listen, it's did he get wind of what you want to do?
Speaker 1: And is he gonna probably steal your idea?
Speaker 12: I think that's part of it.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, you should call brad Man.
Speaker 4: Put up you know it, put up some bucks man, pony up and get this thing handled. And ultimately that guy should end up paying the attorney's fees.
Speaker 1: Honestly. By the way, well it's not built in though. Hey, I want to ask you something. Oh wait, wait wait, what does it say there?
Speaker 12: Attorney fees the prevailing party in any legal proceeds brought under with respect to this transaction described in this contract as recovery from the non prevailing party.
Speaker 1: Also, hold on, bro, you got it, you man. You if that guy, if that guy made up that contract, he did not do a good job.
Speaker 4: Well, Charlie, here's what I would do, honestly, Man, send that contract, call up O'Brien, just talk to him, pay him a few bucks to look over the contract and give you a really good idea how he thinks if you're going to win or lose, and if you're going to get attorney's fees or not, have him at least evaluate the case.
Speaker 1: And if he'll go over there, if he'll handle it over there.
Speaker 12: I mean, hey, Tom, can you do yeah favor?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Can you go ahead and give me his number? One time? One more time on the air there.
Speaker 1: Sure it's ols OLS the website oslaw dot com and it's seven two zero three seven zero seven three eight eight. And remember it's it's remote. I don't know if he goes there, he might, he might, he might, Bennett, What is your comment? Go ahead, Bennett? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 12: Tom?
Speaker 14: I think I called you earlier. I was having furnace problems, right, and I got a hold of twenty four to seven and they came out today from Aurora and they inspected the job and they said there couldn't be a better furnace company. They said everything is top and their prices were absolutely great.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm so happy you loved him. Bennett. Thank you. That's very good to hear. Man, very good to hear. Thank you. You didn't tell me about the inspector. That's good to know.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's he was really impressed with the work.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for letting us know. Three oh three seven one three talks seven to one three eight two five.
Speaker 4: Mark, I think we're going to use that. I'm having dragon cliped at. I'd like to use that next time you cut a spot for a fix it or recorded.
Speaker 1: Let's embed that. I'll send it to you. Oh I love it. Yeah, that's really good. Thank you. Okay, So I want to talk about this text I got and people you can text my Google number seven four seven nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty eighty Brian Compass Insurance Group. It says here, I'm being told by my insurance every time I use even roadside assistance or glass coverage, it's a claim and it's going to bump up my premiums.
Speaker 5: Well that's there's a little bit of truth to it. So they do show up as claims. They're not chargeable claims, but they can affect your ability when you go to a new carrier.
Speaker 1: So that's what happened to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you go to another carrier even though you have a bunch of glass claims or toe claims that aren't surcharged on your current policy, the new company can underwrite against it. In other words, they're not changing their premium, but they can just decline to want to write insurance for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so it doesn't. It doesn't if you stay where you are, it's not going to hurt you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they can't. They're not filed by the state to be able to charge. There are a lot of stakes.
Speaker 1: Can you go into a high risk pool because of windshields?
Speaker 5: No, What I'm saying is that you can if you're trying to find new insurance. Other carriers look at those, but they don't surcharge for them. So you're not going to a high risk pool because unless you're being non renewed for some other reason on your insurance, it is a factor whenever I'm trying to find new insurance for somebody.
Speaker 4: It's really crazy because if you really think of glass on some of these vehicles, I mean, it's nothing. I think my Tesla glass was two grand yeah, it costs me zero. I think I'm the Genesis. It was over one thousand.
Speaker 1: So, Brian, what are the deductibles on those? Don't they have the low deductible?
Speaker 5: No, So some carriers offer a separate deductible for glass. So you know, you could have a thousand deductible for comprehensive but then have this glass endorsement that lowers it to zero. Or some carriers it's fifty bucks, some it's a hundred bucks, but not everybody buys that, and not everybody.
Speaker 1: How much is the how much is the windshield coverage that lowers the deductible?
Speaker 5: It depends on the vehicle. To Mark's point, if you were to get a Tesla and you want full glass, you're going to see that it's it's going to cost some money to do that.
Speaker 4: More than.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's say it could be one hundred and fifty bucks for the year, for the year.
Speaker 1: Grand Yeah, but think about that one hundred and fifty bucks for the year if you buy it at a car dealership when you get your car, yeah, they charge you something like twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Right, No, it's it's a way better deal to do it through your insurance.
Speaker 1: You know, so twenty five hundred. Of course they're going to say that's for the four or five years. It's financeer the three years, but there's also a deductible. It's the worst coverage you can find.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But the nice part about glass coverage too is well it's not happening yet, but what should happen is you can turn it on and off.
Speaker 1: So therefore, if nothing's going to happen. See what's going on with you, Pete, you have a question for Compass? Go ahead?
Speaker 16: Hey, Tom, Yeah, I just heard you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 15: We're talking about insurance.
Speaker 16: So I listened to you all the time. I talked to you a few times. Yes, sir, I just recently lost my insurance car insurance policies because of my wife had a wreck. I had a couple of racks over the last three or four years and you know, a few things like that, and it just kind of accumulated and it's only cancel their insurance and we got new insurance.
Speaker 6: And it's like in.
Speaker 1: Okay, who did you have as your first carrier that canceled you?
Speaker 6: Sase go?
Speaker 1: Hey, who do you to you? Tom? Just so you know, and who do you have.
Speaker 6: Now all stake.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll come back and talk about what you do. You're considered a high risk, right Are you in regular all state or in one of their other companies?
Speaker 5: It's all state indemnity. I guarantee you it's it's their high risk portion of their company.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, we'll come back to talk about that. Three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Excel roofing dot com as an excellent e x C E L not just roofs, but complete roof systems that keep your house more energy efficient and your roof lasts longer. Excel roofing dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your trouble shooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So Pete, let's continue. You were put into a high risk. How much you paying? Yes, how much you paying?
Speaker 11: Oh wow?
Speaker 16: It went up to seven thousand and forty four dollars every six months?
Speaker 1: Oh wow? For how many cars?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 12: Well, I have four. Have had a a workvan that I drive.
Speaker 16: I'm a plumbing contractor that my wife has Nissan Morano, have a Ford truck that pulls our campers and stuff that sits pretty much nine percent of the time. And then I have a classic car ye in the garage.
Speaker 5: And you have two accidents. Pete, you have two accidents and your wife has one.
Speaker 16: Yeah. Over the years, are the payoffs on the deal? My insurance age you sent me, uh for hers was a she Rectord Morano total it and her all her payouts were like for the last three or four years was twenty thousand dollars. Mine was eight thousand dollars for just a couple of Finder benders.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 16: Uh, then you know the tickets we got with them, you know the recks. Either neither her and I have ever had a du on Our Lives. She's fifty five, I'm sixty five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and uh, you know, I just I just thought that was that seems high. It does seem high. I mean, I can understand you're going to be paying more for your insurance. Really, the insurance companies look, depending on the carriers, between three and five years a lot of most of our five year experience period. So you could have you know, eight tickets or eight accidents in year six or seven and not get charged for it. But if it's within that five years, you're going to get hit.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask this far, but all right, maybe I missed it. But did he have a DUI on there or no?
Speaker 5: No, no, he just had a couple of accidents and she has an accident.
Speaker 16: Just yeah, yeah, we've never read a d Our Lives, you know, and we're very careful. Just you know, we're getting older on and stuff happens. Yeah, I mean, the accidents happened. But I know people that have had DUIs and aren't paying half of what I'm paying. I'm like, how is that even possible?
Speaker 5: Well, I'd be happy to look at it, Pete and see if if what you're getting is is well worth you know, is overcharging you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'd like to do that, you know.
Speaker 12: All right, So how would we do that?
Speaker 16: Just call it one of your offices and.
Speaker 5: Yep, just call our office that three oh three nine ninety six, nine thousand. We'll get the current declaration page from your all state policy.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then just a driver list so you and your wife's names data burst driver's license.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 16: And so having an agent like that is what's that add?
Speaker 5: No no extra charge we get paid for the insurance company.
Speaker 1: See, that's the biggest that's a big fallacy when people believe that you don't add anything like that.
Speaker 5: Now, if you have an all state price and we got an all state price, they'd be the same price, but you would have the agent to be able to do the work for you. So you're not charged anything extra for it.
Speaker 16: Okay, Because I have a risk management partners now, they've been my agents forever. We have our house with them and everything, my business insurance and everything.
Speaker 5: Well, and maybe they shopped around. They're a broker, it sounds like, so maybe they already looked and that was the best they could find. I can't answer that, but.
Speaker 16: Okay, all right, I will give you call thanks you guys, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Don't forget. Compass Insurance can be reached at three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, and you can get us of course at three L three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six, or you can of course, always go to referrals dot com for help, information and referrals
Speaker 13: As