Speaker 1: Bill cunning in the Great America. Of course, Israel. Now the attacks on Iran is continuing, are continuing, and this is a something that began in nineteen forty eight. And for those who think this is a brand new event, no it's not. Israel's been attacked multiple times by multiple factions over multiple generations and years. And this is an ongoing effort to take down the Iranian regime and make it look like some of the other more peaceful Muslim regimes in the Middle East. And we'll see what happens down the road, but this is an ongoing attack that's going to take several days. Joining you and I Nalys Professor Yuri Kaufman, a new book is American Intafada, Israel, the Gaza War and the new anti Semitism that would be in America. And Professor Kaufman, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, when all this started a day or two ago, give me your reaction to what occurred and whether or not you see hold them in a victory or not.
Speaker 2: For Israel, well, we're seeing here as historic. There's no other word for it. I mean that word get tossed around a lot but this time it really is historic. That's the only way to describe this. It's been twenty five years in the making. In fact, Prime Minister Nintennio just said that when Ron Dermer, who was one of his I can even say his right hand man, first joined him twenty five years ago and he asked, what's our biggest threat? Didn't Yeo said, if they're on And nt Yo wrote a book all the way back in nineteen eighty two, it was only three years after the Iatolas seies power there and he said, all the way back then, these guys are crazy and they're going to try to get a nuclear weapon. So this is many, many, many years in the making. Israel has been planning this attack, we know, for over twenty years, and it finally came to being, and very it's a familiar tale if you follow Israel. It's being compared to the opening attack of the nineteen sixty seven war. And what happened then was you had this three week period. It was known to Israelis as the ham Tanah, meaning the waiting period, three weeks of just nerve shattering, waiting, when the Arab armies all massed at the border, the Israelis tried everything, everything to find a diplomatic way out, and when it became clear that there just wasn't one, they struck. And that's what happened this time, only the ham Tanah. The waiting was not three weeks, it was literally twenty years, and every avenue was attempted to bring this to some sort of peaceful end. Sadly, the Iotols just wouldn't listen to sense. President Trump told them sixty days ago on April the twelfth, you got sixty more days. Is will struck on the sixty first day. It's pretty clear that they saw it again. Prime Minister Nintendo gave a press conference last night. He said, we saw they were finally reaching for the bomb itself. That you no, it's not research, it's not in Richmond. They're actually making a bomb, and this is it. We just we couldn't wait any longer. So here we are. I could just make one other point. The reason this is also so historic and it will be talked about for a long time is once again Israel is demonstrating the complete superiority of Western technology over anything that Iran or Russia or probably China might have. Everyone around the world is watching this with their jaw dropped. They were talking about a situation where, well, go back to sixty seven. They have this incredibly successful opening strike destroyed all the air of air forces on the ground. What a lot of people don't know is in that attack, Israel lost ten percent of all its planes. Now it didn't, you know, they still on the war because the ADS no longer had air forces, but they took terrible losses. They lost ten percent of the whole air force in this strike. Right now, they are flying back and forth one thousand miles in each direction. They've wiped out Iran's air defense completely. They've wiped out much of their leadership, the head of the Revolutionary Guard, They've wiped out much of their nuclear ASCID, that's many of their military assets, whatever air force they had. They've flown all the way back to Israel. They've done it wave after wave after wave, and they haven't lost a single plane. They can literally fly in and out of Iran at will, the way you know, you or I fly from New York to Chicago. It is astonishing. I mean it is unbelievable the technology, and you know Iran is going to respond with missiles somehow, but they've done this twice. They did it in April last year, twenty twenty four, they did it in October, same thing. Not one Israeli was killed. It's miraculous they've achieved almost one hundred percent interception of all this ordinance Israel. Go back to the April attack Iran, we now know fired thirty cruise missiles, one hundred ballistic missiles, and hundreds and hundreds of brons. We don't even know how many. This is the biggest missile attack ever launched against any country in history. Israel shotdown pretty much all of that. They took one little girl who was unfortunately wounded, but that's it. Nobody was killed and there was no physical damage to the country. They think they blew a little hole in an airbase somewhere. This is mind blowing. No one expected it to be the technology to work this well. If you're Russia, if you're China, you've got to be watching this and saying, wait a minute, you know, maybe we're not as strong as we thought we were. And that really shows why Israel is such a valuable ally and professor.
Speaker 1: Going back historically, the same thing happened in Baghdad when Sadim Mussein was in charge. Israel said not on my watch, you're not going to have a nuclear weapon. They took down the nuclear facilities in Baghdad. Same thing in Syria. Syria under Asad wanted to have nuclear weapons as a trump card against Israel I guess against US. Took that down. But wasn't it a fool's Errand to believe that the Ayatola, which is a culture of death, not a culture of life, that they were willingly allow international inspections by Americans and others to guarantee they're not going to have weapons grade uranium to marry with a with a with a missile. But wasn't it kind of a fool's er? And to think that Iran would go the route of other nations. For example, they look at what happened into Libya when Moumark Cadeffi gave up his WMD within a year and a half, he was in a ditch somewhere fighting for his life. And when Baghdad fell, look at the uh look at the killing by hanging of Sodom Hussein. And so the eye had told us et cetera, are thinking, you know what, we have to have a nuclear weapon. If we don't have a nuclear weapon, we're going to face the same fate as Sodom Hussein.
Speaker 2: It's even worse than that. I mean, it's all those things that you said are obviously true, but it's even worse than that. If I were to say to you, it literally goes down to the very culture itself. If I were to say to you, what is the purpose of government, you'd say, the purpose of government, it's it's to improve the lives of the citizenry. And then you might say, without a trick question, I mean, isn't that obvious. Well, it's obvious to us, but if not so obvious to them. If you ask the Ayatolas, what is the purpose of government, they would say, oh, simple, it's to spread radical Islam. It's to create a shi It Talifate and kill anyone in our path. Ayatolaholmani once famously said the revolution was not about the price of watermelons. He also said economics is for donkeys, and when he meant by that was My job is not to make this country prosperous. My job is to spread radical Islam, no matter what it takes. And that is why you look at Iran it is a nation with thirty percent unemployment, forty percent inflation. They've got rolling blackouts, they can't keep the lights on. And here they are sending billions of dollars to the WHO these and billions to Hesbalon, billions to Kamas, billions on this crazy nuclear program. It is estimated that they lost a fifty billion dollar investment just on the proxies that were taken off the board. By now they're losing their nuclear asseis and yet they keep sending all this money. Why do they keep doing it? Answer because the most important thing to them is spreading radical Islam. And so now a nation like that that gets a nuclear weapon, that is a very very dangerous world.
Speaker 1: In fact, Israel would be first, we'd be second. And so I cheer on the Israelis to do our bidding in a sense because having visited Israel about two and a half years ago, it was a wonderful Western style democracy. In fact, Urik Kaufman, I saw gay pride flags in Tel Aviv, and I'm thinking, well, I wonder how that would work in many Muslim capitals. It would not work. And so the idea that the Iotolas now would step aside and say, you know what, Okay, we're going to give up all our nuclear weapons. Let's have a functioning Western style democracy. Let's give our citizens a little bit of freedom. We're going to get rid of the death cult that calls for the killing, the murder of Westerners, Christians, Catholics, the Baptists, the Jews, wherever they might be located. That was never going to happen. I can't conceive without occurring. And if you're an Iranian, let's say you're a typical Iranian living somewhere somewhere in Tehran and you're watching this going on, can you get in the mind of the Iranian people and talk about whether or not they want to continue down this path.
Speaker 2: So polling on Iran is a very very tricky piece of business, as it is in any totalitarian society. I mean, imagine you living in a country like that and some guy calls you on the phone and wants to know what you think of the regime. You know, you're probably not gonna be all that open in your answers. Now, we do know Iran has a lot of minorities, first of all, so it's not, you know, a homogeneous country. You've got a lot of the Yazidi's, You've got a lot of Baha's, You've got a lot of other minorities who don't believe in any of this nonsense. We also know that there is a cosmopolitan culture centered mostly in Kirat. Now, having said that, there's also a culture. You go to the religious city, the place like kom or Isfahan, you've got a lot of very, very very iradical people. The rumblings from the streets suggest there's a big opposition movement there. It perks its head up every couple of years. It came up in two thousand and nine, it bubbled up a few years ago as well. Each time the Iotolas have been able to put it down. These things are very, very very hard to gauge from the outside. All I can say is revolutions are always the same. They look impossible before they happen, and they look inevitable after they happen. You know where we stand with Iran on this, We don't really know. But one thing I can say, we can't afford to sit back and hope the Iranian people solve this problem for us, because the odds are better than pretty good that they won't, and a world again in which iotolas have nuclear weapons is a very dangerous world. And again not just for Israel, but for the United States as well. They chance, you know, Israel is the little Satan, but we're the big Satan, and we know what they want to do with the big Satan. So this just shows how Israel is such a terrific ally, it's a force multiplier. They do a lot of the dirty work that we would otherwise have to do. As we said, they took out Sodom's reactor, they took out Bashar's reactor. They've done so many other things over the years. It really shows what an important ally Israel is.
Speaker 1: I would like to think a few weeks ago, when President Trump visited the more functional parts of Islamic republics in the cutter in Saudi Arabia, et cetera, that he got a wink and a nod approval from MBS in Saudi Arabia, Mama ben Salmon that what israe and you were going to do? Just have at it describe the relationship between the more functional golf states and Iran.
Speaker 2: They're terrified. It's really as simple as that, because they know they are of course Shuni Muslim Irani's Shiite Muslim The Iranians want nothing more than to conquer Mecca, to kill the Sunnis and turn it as into the capital of a Shiai talipate as opposed to where it is now in sunny hands. The Saudis are delighted by this. They issued, you know, a very very bland statement condemning it, as did Cutter, as did a number of other countries. But it's obvious they're delighted that this happened because they know that they're being rescued just as readily as Israel as being rescued now. At the same time, they also know that it is possible that when Iran retaliates, and it will, they might retaliate against Saudi Arabia. Now why would they do that, Well, it's just the kind of way of saying, you know, if we're miserable, we're gonna make everybody miserable. We want the price of oil to be high, we want to hurt the West. So it really is just important that the United States stay involved and help defend the Saudi oil fields. We certainly have an interest there, and we have an interest in defending our allies in the region. And you know, Bahrain and Qatar definitely cutter is a very very stray situation. You know, they put a chip on every color on the board, so you know, they're kind of in our camp, but they're in the other camp as well. But we do have a very large air base there, so that's the country that we need to defend.
Speaker 1: Lastly, should Americans on the homeland be concerned? According to media accounts, there's thousands of Islamic terrorists led across the southern border by Joe Biden all over the country unvetted. Who are they were that we have no idea. Ten to twelve million came in unvetted. Another ten million came in so called vetted. Should we be concerned about homegrown terrorism right here?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think you're rod it's going to try to pick a fight with the US right now, So in that sense, I would say the answer is no. What I find more disturbing is just the fact that there seemed to be a lot of people, and very often young people who just on their own are inspired by these crazy radicalismss. And you know, we saw what happened that the murder of those two young Israeli diplomats in DC. Not that long ago. There's been a lot of other I mean physical attacks on people. You know, it is a little scary, I mean something like this, I would certainly be vigilant. Am I really alarmed by it? The answer is no, I am not. Well.
Speaker 1: Lastly, of course, Jews are set on fire. We have Jews being gunned down in our nation's cap but you have the democratic Jewish governor of Pennsylvania had his home firebomb. For God's sakes, and incredible stuff happening. I just I pray to God Israel is successful. Their success is to our betterment. Their failure would be awful. Can you imagine a world in which Israel's wiped off the face of the earth and somehow Iran then spreads its tentacles. They are a culture of death who want to destroy not one of life. But once again, you're a Kaufman, professor. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And we'll see what happens down the road. But the book is American Intafada, Israel, the Gaza War, and the New Anti Semitism. But once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Professor, Thank you very.
Speaker 2: Much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more. And there are useful idiots all over this country who act as if there's some union between American freedom on one hand and the Palestinian calls on the other, and that somehow the Gaza war is something that we should not be involved in because it doesn't involve does in this sense. It's a failure of our public education. And we have to understand the world as it is not the way the world we'd like it to be. How strong are the Israelis for the Israelis in Tel Aviv to organize, unbeknownst to the Iranian generals, a powwow of their joint chiefs of staff in one place, and they're getting together in near Tehran, Iran thinking the eye Tota wanted to have a powwow with him, but the Israeli sit up the meeting. Then they had the Israeli send a missile and kill them all together at once. Is incredible. They now know they can't pick up a cell phone, they can't use a pager, they can't turn on the television sets, they don't want to use the air conditioners. In other words, they can't communicate, and they can't meet. Now, that's a problem when you're trying to conduct a war. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, the Great American, Live on news radio seven hundred ww