Speaker 1: Weird things happened in Weird Weird Weird.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Blets have said, So, guys, we have a very special guest with us today. I mean, what's new. We've been like having tons of amazing guests lately, but this one particularly amazing. Before we get into that, I want to talk about our first official brand partnership. Guys.
Speaker 3: We are so excited to tell you about our first brand deal with Stigma Hemp. We are so pumped to be working with them. These people are amazing. We've been working with them for a couple of months now.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: They have an amazing product. It's a family owned business and we really really believe in the product. Ryan tell them about some of the products a Stigma gap.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they got these delicious THHC T's Celtza Waters gummies. I would personally say they're the best gummies I've ever tasted. I would in my humble opinion, and that milligram is just that perfect dose to have a good night without all the you know, the the freaky thoughts dummies usually bring. No But seriously, it's a great product. Josh is a great guy, the founder of Stigma Hemp, and I just I really am excited to partner with them, especially knowing that he is personally very interested in UFOs and the UFO space. And Yeah, I mean I just couldn't be more excited about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys, they have CBD, they have THHC, they have capsules, they have gummies, they have drinks. They have these awesome CBD and THC drinks that are zero sugar, zero calories, zero alcohol. It's just pure either CBD or THHC, and it's all in like relatively low doses, so it's manageable. It's a really really good product. We've tested it ourselves many times.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: They even have like sleepy time stuff that has melatonin. We really truly actually love this product. It's amazing. So what we got a little special offer for our listeners.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do about it. Go to Stigma hemp dot com and use code BSS at checkout and you'll get a nice little thirty percent bump off your price there and uh, you know, get you some tens of gummies and just have a good time with them.
Speaker 3: Stigma Hemp dot com code BSS.
Speaker 2: Get that. So today we have Molly chopin am I saying that right, chopin, chopin, like like the the pianist that you are not related to. Correct. Okay, So before we start, because I often forget to do this, I wanted to see that you're wearing a beanie, so I wanted to give you one of our beanies.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much. Oh yes, this is one of my favorite kinds of hat to wear. Right now.
Speaker 2: I noticed, so appreciate. Well there's things in it too, so you gotta.
Speaker 4: There are things. Oh yes, awesome stickers. Yes, yes, thank you, Thank you so much. Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're very welcome.
Speaker 4: It is a great, great honor to be here with you all today, talking with you all. It's been like we were talking about before, you know, I've been with you all almost since the beginning. Yeah, it's just been quite a ride to see what's transpired for you all, what's transpired for me along the way. It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is for us too. It's very cool to have you here. And you know, I would like for maybe you and Alex to cut in and tell that story because you guys actually met first at the Heart Festival. So I don't know if you guys maybe want to start there or if you want to breeze past that, but we have a history with Molly, we can start there.
Speaker 5: Because that was like the first time ever I got noticed for doing this. It was incredible. It was a while ago, man, but my first event, not knowing what to expect, just there to help your dad, you know, and where our merch and here comes everybody. And I meet Molly at the tent and she's just, you know, this light in her tent, doing her thing. And He's like, oh my gosh, I know who you are. And I'm like, I don't even know if I know who I am, And man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just kind of wanted to cry.
Speaker 5: It was. It was a moment, that's for sure. I'm sure you remember it similarly and also very differently.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I knew you all were going to be at the Heart Festival in medbein North Carolina, which is less than an hour from me. And I've been sharing my art at festivals and events for the past couple of years, and so I got in touch with the Heart Festival folks and let them know I would love to bring my art to your event to share with the crowds that will be gathering. I think there will be some residents of what people see in my work and what they are here to talk about. And so they said, yeah, come on out. You can set up a booth so you can do some live painting while talks are going on. And I got there and set up the booth and just kind of as soon as I saw Alex and Chris walking around, I was like, oh, boy, there they are. Because again I've been listening to the podcast since like episode three, and I don't know what episode you all were on at this point, but this was one of the first in person gatherings where you know your community, you could start to come out and let you know that that we appreciate you and what is that you have to share. So yeah, it was great going up to you and being like, Hi, I'm Mollie, You're Hi, I'm Alex. And then I got to say I just let you know that I am a big fan of BLEDSOE said so, and then from there it was just we were friends and we got to hang out periodically throughout that day, sitting in on some of the talks and you know, getting to connect with all these folks that had traveled out just to meet your dad just to hear the things that he had to say, and then to do a little skywatching after the event. So yeah, it was. It was an amazing day.
Speaker 5: Now a little sky watching under two enormous trees. Hey and make it work.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, that's an amazing story because like what I'm hearing from that is that you had the boldness and the courage to approach the people running the festival and shoot your shot and say, hey, look this is my art, this is what I do, this is what I stand for. I'd love to be a part of the event. And obvious, I'm willing to bet this is how it went. They saw your art and they're like, Okay, you know, come on down. This is amazing, just like everybody does when they see your art, because it's amazing. It's very powerful and magical. Do you ever get the sense that sometimes because of this really profound and majestic art that you're making, has given you a magic access card that takes you to places you never thought you would have access to.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a really cool way of putting it. And yes, most certainly I have been blessed to come into contact with all kinds of folks and experiences ever since I started following the call of the Art to call of the art, and my practice continues to maintain its momentum from continuing to cross paths with certain types of kindred folk. And so one of the areas that I've been stepping into growth wise is being proactive and letting people know this is what I have to offer. Certainly, as artists, we can be on the lookout for opportunities coming our way, but it's very useful to have the ability to approach someone and to be prepared for the fact that they might say no, but to just let them know, this is what I want to bring to your event. And I think that it would elevate what it is that you're trying to do. I think it would be relevant twitter is that you're trying to do and now and then people will say, yes, we hadn't thought about this, but this sounds great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that was one of those occasions where, yeah, those guys, you know, this was their first time doing a festival of this nature, and then they hadn't planned to include a visual artist. But being proactive worked out for all of us in that sense, and then they're great folks. Bob Hart and all the folks at the Heart Center there, they're doing some really cool things and just wanting to bring people together and draw more focus to these ideas that were being explored that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome. I love that. I remember when when you guys first met. Obviously I wasn't there, right, but Alex came back. He was like, man, it was awesome. There's so many cool people, and he's like going on the list and he's like, and there is this this this artist there, Molly Chopin. And I remember looking up your Instagram and being like, oh my god, this is amazing. This is like Alex Gray type stuff. Right, That's what I was saying in my head, not having met you yet, and I don't I think I messaged you or you messaged me. Like we we started talking before we met in person. Do you remember how that went down?
Speaker 4: I think it might have been through the Discord. It might have just been through through initially connecting on discord in the community chats that you all have been hosting. And then yeah, we started coming into contact more just through Instagram, and yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure, and then it was like, uh, I you know, we started seeing each other in person, at the festivals and it's like the rest of history. But I remember seeing your art and just being like, Wow, this is amazing, and in my head I was like, this literally reminds me of Alex Gray. This is like visionary art. And you know, if you're comfortable with it, maybe at some point we could talk about why the whole Alex Gray thing there is a little weird what you have done and where you've been and how that comes into the fold. But before we get into all that, I'd like to go back and learn more about when you realized that you had a gift with art, and like, more so what it means to be an artist to you, you know. And also what I'm curious about is because you're obviously a very spiritual person, You're you're very tapped in I mean, your art is so I would say, you know, metaphysical. Yes, So it's like, what does it mean to you to channel this into your art? You know, like, let's let's just dig into it. Yeah. I don't know how to say it in an eloquent way, but I think you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right on. Yeah, Well, I've always gravitated towards visual art pretty much when I was a kid, you know, I just loved getting down with some paper mark and crans and letting the imagination flow through. And so from an early age on, I was given that feedback, Oh, you're a great artist. You make some really nice pictures.
Speaker 6: Here, keep it up.
Speaker 4: And so, yeah, from an early age on, it's been in my life. But even though that creative spark was pretty well encouraged by a lot of the folks that was surrounded by, I was a bit discouraged from following the path of being an artist. You know, don't be a starving artist. You want to have a security in this life if you can so find it. And so I found myself on the path of pursuing art education, and instead of being an artist, I was fortunate to be able to go to college and to get a degree to where I could make my living as a school teacher, still making my art on my own time when I could. But you know, really it being more on the back burner because when you are a school teacher that is not just a full time job at the school, but when you're at home too, you know, you just the work is pretty constant. And so I really had never even experienced like flow state with art up until my late twenties. You know, it's like I enjoyed it. I could witness around the other artists that would like get lost in the paints for eight hours at a time, but I myself hadn't really experienced that. So this painting practice of mine really shifted around twenty thirteen, which is when I experienced one of the shadowiest chapters of my life. I was in a marriage at the time, and it was going south pretty quickly. It was becoming physically and emotionally abusive. And I was also I'd moved to North Carolina fairly recently. My folks are all up in Pennsylvania, and so I was just in a bit of a dark place of feeling very isolated and alone and experiencing a lot of stress from my relationship. And so there was one day when my ex was out of the house and I sat down to paint and to pray about what I was experiencing. And that was the day that experienced flow state for the first time.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And it was a day in which I just took this old portrait study that I had started in college but it never finished, and I just on that day allowed myself to relax into this state of working with colors and effects that I gravitate towards. But I had kind of gotten the sense in you know, my art schooling were a bit like non serious effects, covering everything in sparkles, using very bright colors. But that's where my joy wanted to go with the paints, and so on this day I experienced this flow state and uh, this is actually the painting that emerged from that day. Oh really, wow, this is the original painting of that old portrait study that I was working on that day, and so brightening up those colors, covering this being in sparkles.
Speaker 2: Of glare here, I'm trying to get it good. So that yeah, here, there you go.
Speaker 4: There, yep, this is what came through, and I felt transformed. At the end of this day, I felt like I had accessed a sense of the divine in a way that I never had before. And pretty much a few weeks after this painting came through is when I was able to arrive to a sense of courage to step away from the relationship and to uh set out set out on my own, and so pretty much the aftermath of that divorce was a time of great healing for me of you know, needing to process what I had been through, to process the aspects of who I was that had led me into that situation, and so painting was the number one means through which I was able to go through that processing. And it was like like when this came through, it was like a channel opened in me that had not yet been opened. And then once it had been opened, I just wanted to keep going back to that place as much as I could, because it felt like I was receiving these senses of you're gonna be okay, you know, and senses of empowerment and of just self love in that place that I wasn't experiencing a whole lot of places otherwise. So I just started painting and painting and painting pretty much from twenty thirteen onward. And now it's still that same place that I go to when I paint. It's like that channel that opened or that window that opened, it's now like, you know, there's there these inner muscles that have been activated and exercise too, and so like I can sit down at easel with a blank canvas, and even if I don't know what's going to happen when I go to sit down. Because of the exercise and of that intuition, I have this sense of trust of something's going to come through, that needs to come through, that wants to come through. And oftentimes it is, you know, a message for me of something that I really need to perhaps receive in a moment. But then when it is transmitted into this vision that gets shared with others, I receive the feedback of others being like, oh, I feel that I relate to that as well, so and that's been a big motivator and keeping going.
Speaker 2: I feel that way about a lot of please.
Speaker 6: Surprise, I'm here everyone, Yeah, I'm here. Okay, anyway, what a graceful interesting I just felt really awkward. But I've been dying to talk. I've been dying, but I'm like, nobody introduced me. But it's fine.
Speaker 2: I have a two guests today.
Speaker 6: I've been dying to ask you, Mollie. First of all, it's almost like psychic right when these things, like you said, like come through, like you're like you're hearing them from somewhere and they're coming through you and you have to get it out. That was a really cool way to hear it. But I wanted to know, like who do you know who this person is? Is this just something that you felt or is it a version of you? Or is it? Like I was just curious to know who it is because I've been staring at her for like five minutes.
Speaker 2: Now, thank you for us it's a beautiful page.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I'm like, dang, I need to know more now.
Speaker 4: And yeah, this is not a depiction of well, well, it started off of a photo from a magazine. It was an advertisement I think, you know, for something that I just appreciated the expression on the face, the form, and so like, yeah, I couldn't tell you who the person actually was, but when I started painting on it, pretty much it was just a sketch with like the lips filled in, none of the colors and effects. Otherwise.
Speaker 6: It's just interesting because it's like I was just wondering if that like because this woman almost in a way like had empowered you in a way, which is just like a very interesting relationship well in between you and this art. Even though you are the creator, it's still now a separate entity or a separate being of its own. So it's like interesting that this is what inspired you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, to make that leap.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and I do kind of consider this to be like a personification of that energy. And then when coming into contact with the Bledstos and your story of you know, ultimately this this phenomenon being connected with the divine feminine, but it affected how I perceived this. It made me feel like, well, this was perhaps a kind of moment when going through some of the shadowy stuff that I've faced on my trajectory, I was blessed to have an encounter with the divine in this form. You're comforted through the form of the paint.
Speaker 6: Does the painting have a name?
Speaker 4: It's called seer as er.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask this. This was coming in my mind very like I just feel like I have to know before this, before this encounter that, as you say very beautifully and eloquently, that it opened this channel. What kind of things were you painting? Oh?
Speaker 4: I was. I was still painting, you know, kind of like realistic sometimes with like a little bit of spin of funky surrealism brought into the mix, you know, still exploring the maaginal realm a little bit, but just not accessing that that same level of intuition that I was and so like, Yeah, I really enjoyed doing like a lot of portraits of musicians that I love, you know, just portraits of friends and family, scenes in nature, and then you know, it's just been more over time that these these spiritual principles have been wanting to come through more as that's becoming a more integral aspect of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 6: A lot of your art it seems to have these like sparkles about them and what is so what is if I can ask what is that? Is that like a symbol for something like magical or why do you add those in there? I'm curious?
Speaker 4: Thank you for asking that. Yeah, you know, I've thought about that and just even sometimes connecting dots with how like when I used to be taken to the hardware store as a kid, I love going down that light aisle and just looking up at all the lights, like, ah, I think you know, I think they are to me symbolic of the like force that does exist behind everything. You know, that's beautiful, like a life energy. Yeah, like that that idea of we are all starlight.
Speaker 6: It's like, you know, that.
Speaker 4: Is the source from which everything has sprun for we are starlar.
Speaker 2: Brilliant cloak card. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And yeah, and you know I can also connect the dots with connect the dots with. When I was in my early twenties, I experienced the art of Yawi Kusami for the Yawi Kusama excuse me, Yaoi Kusama for the first time. And this is a woman artist who does painting but also does installation art, and so she's become famous for these infinity rooms that she creates where the walls, the ceiling, the floor are all mirrored. And when you step into these rooms, she'll have objects or lights in the room and you feel like you're in this infinite space. And so she had one of these rooms where she had lights strands hanging from the ceiling and so that when you stepped into the mirrored infinity room effect, you felt like you were in the middle of the cosmos with just stars and galaxies around you. And there was something about that moment which I was standing in one of her rooms that struck me so much that I can recognize how that feeling that was inspired to me from being in that room is something that I wanted to convey through paint too. And then when I've heard your Dad talk about like the symbolism of the circle, and you know how that is the shape that that shows up in so many forms in this reality, and it is kind of the shape that that is the building blocks of the cosmos, you know, on both the micro and the macro levels. So there's something too about that that draws me to dot dot dot dot dot dot as a reminder of that quality of this existence.
Speaker 2: Spitten, I'm just blown away. Yeah, I mean, okay, you know, we've we've never I have never had the pleasure of really getting to set before today and sit and just just one on one, just pick your brain because we're always meeting in a festival setting, and it's just coming to me right now that, like you, as visually artistic as you are, verbally linguistically you are too. I know, he's like, but yeah, yeah, I was thinking like what I get from Molly honestly, and maybe you'll appreciate this. But have you seen the movie Contact? Yes? Okay, so remember at the end when Jodie Foster spoiler alert, amazing movie. If you have not seen the nineteen nineties movie Contact with like Jodie Foster, Matthew McConaughey and some others that I can't recall at the moment. Go watch it right now. It is genuinely one of the very best movies depicting the reality of interacting with the phenomenon anyway, so spoiler alert. At the end, she goes through the wormhole and then she's like experiencing this state of ascension and she's like communicating with the beings and all this information is like flashing into her mind and she's like in this higher awakened state of being and she's just like, I get it now. It would take a poet. It would take a poet to understand what I'm seeing. And that's kind of like what I'm getting from you, Like, you know, because if it's okay with you, I want to show this next piece, Yes, but particularly something about your art that has drawn me, and we've been talking about it tonight, as you can see on the Can they see it, Alex? The language part of and I'm gonna explain this piece or maybe you should, but yeah, let's let's do that. Yeah, I'm the very loving and approving critic. But just like the language, Molly has this style where there's this like mystical language transcending the border and like into a lot of her paintings, and it's just making me think, like, you know, the way that you speak and the way you articulate these concepts and the way you articulate them visually, it's like you've it's awesome. Anyway, Anyway, I would love to go into this because this brings us to an amazing story that you were a part of.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: So this painting is called Not Birds and if you were at Riverfest in October you might know why it is called this. And it's a painting that I actually started a few years ago. And this is an intuitive painting where when I started, I don't know what the end product is going to be. It's it's stepping up to the canvas, trusting that something will come through, and then just discerning well, what is the next step, what is this? What is the starting point? What is the next step, and then going for the ride really quickly.
Speaker 6: Did you know you were going to be painting this or you had absolutely no idea what you were going to be painting, Like, did you know you were going to be painting the Not Birds or nope, okay no, interesting, So.
Speaker 2: It just became that ye hold it for you, sure, thank you.
Speaker 4: When I started it, I had the moon in mind, and then just all of this abstract patterning that is behind these creatures that are seen here, and you know, I just reached a point with it where I wasn't quite sure it was going to happen next a couple of years ago, and so it was in my studio. You know, I oftentimes have several paintings going on at the same time, and some get done within a few weeks, a few months, some a few years. So this was one that was waiting for a few years. But what ended up happening was I was able to go out to Riverfest to meet up with the Bledsoaw crew for the first time at a group skywatching event this past October outside of Heart Festival, and we witnessed a miracle on the beach that Sunday night. You know, we were all of us gathered, the crowd of two hundred and fifty so of us are on the beach and we're seeing all of these orbs flying overhead, and some of them start flashing at us and flaring up at us, and it's just you know, outstanding experience that alone. But then we're standing there watching this orb coming out that Chris seniors pointing out, and as all of us are looking at this orb coming at us from overhead, come flying what I can only describe as these these forced spheares of energy that were way closer to us as a crowd than the orbs that we'd been seeing thus far. And as these translucent yet somehow glowing spheres of energy fly over us, all standing together. Suddenly their shape changes and then they flare out. They're no longer spheres, but just these these amorphous shapes in the sky. And then as we're all looking and they're flying overhead, so they coalesce back together into spheres. They fly off into the distance, but they don't disappear off in the distance. They dematerialize only a few moments after they flew overhead. And then everyone's on the beach just like, did you see that?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Then some folks were wondering, well, wait a second, we're those birds. They kind of move like birds. And then all of these folks you're like, no, no, no, those are not birds, not birds, not birds. And so that is what we have here celebration of what was that moment when these force spheres of energy flew over ahead. That just defied anything that I've experienced in my life thus far as supernatural sighting wise, And so I chose to depict them with this form that is a little bit.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: I guess owl inspired because that has been you know, an integral part of the Bledsoe's story and mine too. Actually, the Owls have been hanging out with me for a while, even before I came into contact with your story.
Speaker 6: But uh, and did you watch that episode with Mike Clellon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, owl guy?
Speaker 6: Did you know about him before? No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, I think it lives pretty near here. I was trying to get in close to the camera over there, but it looks like it was like not white balanced and it's kind of washed out. So maybe what we can do is we can because it's kind of really hard to see the detail of this through the video. Yes, we could drop like an image of it at least when we bring it up. Does it have to be the whole time, But like, I would really like people to see this painting, just even if it's just like a moment they can pause it and look.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I'm happy to share files any type that you all need.
Speaker 2: That'd be great. Yeah, but this is a profound painting to me. I wanted to get close and see how it turned out in the camera, but it's it's hard to make out the the details. You're doing a good job. Oh, thank you, Bryan.
Speaker 6: You yeah, that's exactly what you look like.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You're rocking at thank you. But I just love that you know the language that that keeps it. Like I told you before we started filming, it reminded me of Elvis from Lord of the Ring Yees. You know. You you described what it is to you and and and that's true, but I think it's all the same thing. I think it's all the if I could give my interpretation, yes, it's to me, it's like you are a seer. That's why you had your profound transformation when you I mean even you show up and you've got the third eye thing, and you know that's like so signal.
Speaker 6: Is that an Alex Gray piece?
Speaker 4: This is Alex Gray?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a shout out to the wonderful, magical Alex Gray. And I would love to get into that. And yes, of course we love our Alex's. But the notion that I that is like unfolding about you to me, the more time I spend with you, is that you are a seer or more or less like like an oracle from from as you were talking about earlier, like the etheric realm, and you've been burdened with this beautiful but heavy burden of translating these beautiful mystical heaven escapes or whatever it is that you call them. But to me, a lot of your paintings look like what I would imagine is heaven, you know, just these magical divine images. It's it's like a higher level of conceptualization that is so beyond fathom. How do I process this? How do I imagine this? How do I interpret this? What does this mean? There's not many people that can paint like this. I'm sure you're aware of that.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of visionary painters out in this world actually doing some pretty magical stuff. I thank you for Well, I haven't met what you said, but I am actually just very blessed to know many wonderful visual artists that are taking inspiration from similar realms. And I've been blessed to have some wonderful teachers along my journey too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I would say to that, though, that I'm a podcaster and I know a lot of podcasters, you know what I mean. And you're a visionary painter, therefore you know a lot of visionary painters. But that doesn't make you any less amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. And what you're doing in the gift that you have, and it's incredible, And like.
Speaker 6: I'm having a boss staring at all of them. I know, by the way they're scattered in this room, all work, and I just keep staring at all of them because they're so different. Yeah, it's so distinct in your style. You have a very distinct style, but yet all of the colors that are used are so different and they mesh so well. Yeah, I mean it's cool. It's one thing seeing it online, which I've always thought you were an amazing artist. We have pieces of your work, but then seeing the ones in person is just it's different. It is different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that one right there.
Speaker 6: I know, I keep staring at the white line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we need to show that one too, we do so again, I keep coming back to the language thing. You just you remind me of Jodie Foster from Contact. Like I can tell you right now, I am not an artist. I hear sounds, you know, I do drums. I hear rhythm, boom boom boom boom boom sounds, and kind of a mathematical numeric thing. When it comes to visual stuff, I'm like, I was a disaster in art class in school. I cannot draw, I mean arm or something. Yeah, I did it, which made it worse because I broke my right arm. And then for our class I had to draw my left arm, which was anyway.
Speaker 6: But you didn't have to do pottery or anything. No, I did with one arm.
Speaker 2: No, that was freshman year.
Speaker 6: That's just what I meant.
Speaker 2: I broke freshman year of art. I was in art for three.
Speaker 6: Years as long as he didn't have to do with anything.
Speaker 2: No, not in that class. But anyway, it's just like I I can't like, I can't imagine. I can't fathom creating something like this.
Speaker 4: Oh it's next level, No, thank you. I feel the same way about musicians.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: When I see the work that musicians do, it's it's a parallel process of you know, layering these sounds, finding harmonies, making all the choices. But but how do you guys do it? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that. I do get that, and you know, it's the same thing that that I feel about art, you know, and this this, but the thing is about your art is there's this theme that keeps coming through of this there's this mystical language that you know, maybe it's fiction, maybe it's symbolic of something that's real, it doesn't matter. It keeps coming through and it's important to you.
Speaker 6: And that's channeled.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's it's what I call the language of flow state. You know, as we were talking about before, so some people would call this light language or light code, but I like to call it the language of flow state because that is the state that I'm in when I'm creating it. When I was teaching art, I really got into, uh, you know, left side of the brain, right side of the brain, ideas about how each different one functions, and really connected with this concept of the left side of our brain or more scientific, analytical, logical side being you know, the one that's kind of god its hands on a steering wheels most of the time for a lot of us. But the right side of the brain are intuitive, creative, visual, spatial oriented side of the brain. That's that's where flow state is experienced, and so when I'm creating this language, I am purposely shutting off the left side of my brain, which is inclined to want to create familiar looking lines and shapes to represent perhaps language that that I know, that side of the brain's getting shut off. Right side of the brain is getting activated, and I'm just purely listening to that intuition, instinct telling me what shape wants to come next. Yeah, and sometimes I've experimented with putting a little more intention into the marks of creating more of like a you know, a specific scigul for a particular word or energy that I am wanting to imprint within the painting. But more often it is just accessing the flow zone and letting it come through.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. It's obviously something is like have you seen the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind? Yes, you know, when he's like had this profound experience and Odin, we're having a conversation here, buddy. My cats are going crazy right now.
Speaker 4: But they both want to be in your life.
Speaker 2: The actually Odin wanted to be in your life, but you were talking and you didn't notice. Yeah, he probably would come on. But anyway, so like Close encounters are the third kind. He has this you can just pick him up. He has this like crazy experience and you know he's like making the mashed potato. That's kind of like, that's that's what your art reminds me of that. You know, maybe in the subtle level of consciousness, your mind is connecting to something that is not ordinarily being interpreted.
Speaker 4: I think it's a really cool scene that that you bring up in considering what is going on here.
Speaker 2: Something's going on.
Speaker 4: I haven't thought about like that scene in relation to what I do, But now that I'm thinking about it, I am totally those folks wanting to car things.
Speaker 6: Out of potatoes.
Speaker 4: A lot of time that I'm sitting down to paint, it is it's like something has to come through. You sometimes just have this urge that cannot be ignored, and it will only be alleviated once it's put out somewhere, whether it be just a quick sketch of Okay, we're gonna make this, no painting later, or we got to get to that blank canvas now, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So do you just keep a lot of blank canvases or do you kind of like you're like, okay, step one I know, I have to buy a canvas, and then you kind of meditate on it.
Speaker 4: We're like, yeah, I try to have some on hand always, and then you know, sometimes it is just that that idea comes through and then I know, okay, this is the size and shape of the canvas that we need to acquire for this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and you.
Speaker 4: Know, I tend to work more in one offs than series. I'm actually looking to grow into focusing more on series, where you know, a singular idea is perhaps explored in multiple ways visually. But a lot of my works have just been and uh, you know that one message that wants to come through, and it does, and then you know, it's just a waiting for that next inspiration to arrive. And it's not necessarily trying to repeat a particular style or scheme or idea. It's just wanting to keep listening to whatever it is that I'm in collaboration with. And so yeah, that that is why I think you can see a bit of like diversity of style and themes amongst my work.
Speaker 6: Have you ever like thought about if you were to do a series, what what it would be, or like, are you drawn to a specific theme?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right now, actually I have initiated a skywatcher series. Really yeah, that was not planned, everybody.
Speaker 6: That was not planned. I had no idea she was gonna say that's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's and and actually, yeah, the one of the works in progress at home right now is a two foot by three foot canvas that taking inspiration from our beach sky watching where you know, you got some group shots of us, you know, we were out there and and like when I was out there at Riverfest, one of those group shots was great because as we were all still gathered up, sightings started to happen. And so there's this great photo that you took of like everyone's still kind of clustered up, but you got all these people pointing up at the sky. I know, it so cool. I've taken some inspiration from that photo and depicting a scene of the beach with just the crowd pointing up, everyone in silhouette form, you know, like and then yeah, we're gonna bring into the sky just as much inspiration as can be depicted of of what it feels like to witness the orbs and the not birds and.
Speaker 6: And not to like distract from that, but like you're talking about the pointing and for the first time ever at this last Azalea fest that we had just had. Were you at the SkyWatch on Sunday or just Saturday?
Speaker 4: Sunday was the one I was at.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like the lights that were really that got really bright? Yes, Okay. So I was next to Christinior all night and it was so I was like sobbing if anybody saw me there, which I've done this five bajillion times, like I have done this and done this and done this, but for some reason that felt so strong to me because I was next to Christenior and he had his hand up right, which he does that quite often, but that was the first time ever I was feeling empowered and I was like, I want this to happen so bad. I want this to show itself so bad and flash or just do something dynamic or different, you know, and right whenever we had our hands up and I felt like I was like little baby Yoda with a force or I literally did. And then it just did that thing where it just exploded, and I literally started sobbing because it felt like so much energy and you wanted it so bad, and then it happened, and I literally people have it in so much footage. I feel so bad. But I was like, ah, oh my gosh, I can't believe that just happened, and I just burst down into tears. So I like, so the pointing is I almost just wonder is there something to that? I don't know?
Speaker 2: I think so it's something that the intention well, yeah, and the connection. It's just like, I mean, the hand is just an extension of the mind, right, the whole body is just an extension of the mind. Everything is an extension of the mind.
Speaker 6: And I was just thinking about how like when magic is portrayed oftentime, it's with a wave of a hand, or it's with you know, some form of or like villains and shows might like kind of what you know, is that physical gesture yes of coming at you or something I don't know. So it's just like the I don't know, the pointing. All of that's very powerful. I'm excited to see what that turns into. Thank you. They excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get into another painting, like we have so many in here. Yeah, maybe we've.
Speaker 5: Got a quick question for you. Yes, do you have a favorite or they like children.
Speaker 4: Love the controversial more of the second thing. Yeah, they are so many. Yeah, each one I got to appreciate in and of itself for what it is. I guess when people ask me that question, though, I do point out one in particular, and this is.
Speaker 2: Hey, I haven't seen this one.
Speaker 4: Print reproduction of an original painting. The original painting was about twenty two inches by twenty eight inches. But when people ask me the favorite, I go to this one because this is a depiction of a regional burning man gathering that used to happen outside of Asheville, North Carolina. And this is the community that I just hold so much regard for in terms of, you know, showing me how some humans can be when when we can find ourselves in certain settings where inhibitions can come down, hearts can be open, and people feel safe to be with each other and to express their their true shiny selves. And so this took fourteen months to create this. It was a it was a commission by a friend who wanted to celebrate this gathering, and it was commissioned in mid twenty twenty when you know, we weren't sure if we were going to be able to gather like this again, so many events were canceled that year.
Speaker 6: But that was a little moth down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's well, that's a little costumed person wearing some So this was a photo. Well, no, this was this is a real place, Like there's a real place outside of Asheville called Deer Fields, which is a depiction of And so the landscape is based off of that actual landscape of a lake with mountains back here and a big open field in front of pavilion. But then all of the details of the people and the art in the stre ructures and the fire, all these things that you would see at a at a regional burn gathering where details that I designed into this scene, working from photos from the gathering from over the years. But the details in here are specific to actual people and art works and uh, you know camps that were set up and so these uh, transformational gatherings, these communities that can inspire that level of creative expression and open heartedness are just one of the favorite things that I found in this life. And you know, I really do celebrate what I perceive to be you all the BLOODSOE said. So community as as cultivating folks in a similar manner as you know, I've now witnessed at two of the festivals that that you all have hosted a booth at you're inspiring very much a similar level of that safety, open heartedness, let's connect and be our true selves with each other.
Speaker 6: Well, we feel it too, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. I think it's just like we talked about earlier before recording, that it's we're all broadcasting a signal to the universe. We've all been through, whether it's some sort of spiritual awakening or rather like traumatic experience therefore a spiritual awakening, something in all of our individual stories that have caused us to just broadcast that signal to the universe and say, I need to meet people who are like me so that I can feel less alone. And I think that there are now a lot of people in the world doing that, and you know, it's it's bringing us together, and it's the same as that. It's the same as well. I mean, I think it's happening in many in many different settings, you know, and we're just kind of like one of those settings. But it's to me, it's the same setting. It's the same purpose, same spirit, yeah, exactly, seeking you know, a connection with something higher.
Speaker 6: But I didn't expect this from the I didn't either. I didn't expect this to cultivate in the way that it did, honestly, Like I thought it would be this thing where it's like, okay, like meet us here, come get your book signed, and people come by, and then we never see him again, and then all of a sudden, I guess they like us and then come back and I'm like, oh my gosh, really you're coming again like that, and that gets me excited knowing that we're seeing the same group of people again.
Speaker 2: It's like from farther place.
Speaker 6: And I told them, I'm like, you guys don't understand, but we like think about you too, Like we'll randomly be on the couch and just be like, hey, do you see what so and so posted today? Like it's just like and even Ryan was saying something like they've got their own inside jokes now that not even I am a part of. Just like, yeah, that's what happens, is like, that's how you That's a clear indicator that a community is growing. Yes, when people have this love for one another and want to keep coming back and engaging with each other.
Speaker 2: You know it's something real. When you have like the visionary painter who's here depicting scenes from this glorious night of miracles and the freaking sky that hundreds of people seeing. And then you've got the guy with the platter of corn fritters, you know, serving them to everybody. Yeah, you know, And it's just it's just like this is a festival without it being a festival, you know what I mean. Well, I mean we were at a festival, but I mean the party after the you know what i mean, Yeah, on the beach, the SkyWatch all.
Speaker 6: That literally just a street fair though, like totally free of charge, just like come.
Speaker 2: Hang, we've got our own thing within the thing, I know, and.
Speaker 7: The whole city is like, oh yeah, yeah, we've been getting calls and calls and that's before we had even like secured the we hadn't secured our ticket to have a booth yet, and people already had their hotels and we're.
Speaker 6: Like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Stress.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it just shows that, I don't know, the community is so strong and I'm so glad that it's going this way, and it is so cool.
Speaker 4: It's organic. It is like a natural thing that these people are finding you and then each other, which you know, is how Burning Man got started. Like this kind of transformational gathering was initially just friends getting together on a beach out near San Francisco, and like the mid eighties, they're just like, wouldn't it be fun just get together on the beach and burn some something together. And then after they had that first gathering, decide, let's come back new this again next year. And then each year it get growing and growing and growing until it got to that point of, Okay, we may need a new location. The beach isn't big enough for us anymore. And then it moved out to the desert, and you know, the social experiment of just a few folks gathered on the beach in the eighties transpired to eighty thousand people gathered in the desert in twenty nineteen, and so, yeah, it's just.
Speaker 6: Wait, was so that was that the one? Wasn't there one burning Man that was like iconic? Was it that one?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 4: The yeah, like the burning Man community, A lot of folk are familiar with it through this big gathering that happens annually out west in the desert black Rock City, just like just outside of Reno, Nevada. But then there's these regional gatherings that happen all over the world that are not as large as that one usually, but the same spirit, and so I continue to go to one annually each year. That's only like two and a half hours from me in Raleigh. It's about eight hundred people, and it is it's that same spirit, a beautiful ritual for folks to come together and connect in some very creatively expressive spaces where where again that that radical self expression, radical inclusion is encouraged as well as you know, the spirit of decommodification. Bring in everything that you'll need to survive, but then also everything you want to give to the community. So yeah, it's just I highly recommend the experience if you've never been to a burn gathering before for those who are curious and feeling a call. But yeah, just I am very drawn to like this community that you all are cultivating again just for that similarity of experience.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that says a lot. That that really says a lot to me that this very hugely famous, notorious thing that's been going on for like forty years and you're like really kind of pumping me up here saying we're doing the same thing with our with our little skywatches on the Beach. It's like, man, this this is kind of monumental to me. I mean I feel like, who knows where it will be in a year, two years, three years. I mean not necessarily in terms of numbers, but in terms of energy. Yes, yes, because it's not I'm realizing now it's not about number of people, it's about the impact. Impact goes beyond numbers.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm with you, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: The fact that anyone would fly from Denmark or from Columbia, from Germany, from from.
Speaker 6: Honestly than yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But but I mean we're talking across the world.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like all these people coming out here and getting together and they're just the nicest people, and then these experiences that we're having and it's like, god, man, I feel like I'm looking at the Mona Lisa of Orbs right now like this, I mean, this is really feels profound to me.
Speaker 6: Like you need to put that as like a review, the Mona Lisa of Orbs Ryan.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean, like, I feel like something really is happening here, and it's like some modern psychedelic Da Vinci wink wink, you know, the thing is happening here with these experiences that were like very humbly gathering on the beach, you know, kind of like Burning Man, right, but you know, just to have skywatches with people and it's it's it's crazy, but.
Speaker 6: I'm curious, I don't, did I cut you off? I'm sorry, I'm curious as to like do people come there and bring stuff to burn?
Speaker 4: So the titled burning Man comes from the tradition of this gathering. There's very few like scheduled events or you know, traditions within the gatherings themselves, like each one is unique and different. Is like the gathering is going to depend upon the people that participate. Whatever people bring to this gathering is what will entail. With the exception of the tradition of every Saturday night at one of these gatherings there is a burn of just a large structure of sorts what we call it the effigy, which you know is usually a grant funded project for an artist to create for the event. You know, just find someone who knows how to do some woodworking fabrication and it's like, hey, we'll give you some funds if you have an idea on some massive structure that you want to build that we can set up for a few days at this event, only to then burn down in front of everyone. We'll give you the funds to do that.
Speaker 6: And I've seen him before. They were like a little human. It reminds me of the wicker Man for some reason. Have you seen that movie.
Speaker 4: I've not seen the movie, but I know what you're speaking of. And and certainly the one out west they usually do have the same design of an effigy each year, of some kind of like human looking figures.
Speaker 2: Yes, so what is the point of burning the effigy?
Speaker 4: It's, you know, embracing the combination of radical self expression as well as the temporary nature of all things. It's interesting, Yeah, it's it's it's you know, like celebrating that quality of this existence of you know, like we're so many of us, relatively speaking, here and gone in the blink of an eye, as are everything that we bring into this existence and creating this world. And yet it's still so worth it. It's still so worthwhile. And so this act of burning this structure, you know, is a bit of like a recognition of that as well as an empowering act of you know, we are able to accept that this is the state of things. At least that's my interpretation.
Speaker 2: It seems like a.
Speaker 6: Good place to go though, Like if you're really ticked off, like you know, people like burn letters, you know, it's just to kind of have that cleansing of like, you know what, I'm gonna write this letter down to my ex or whoever, and I'm gonna burn it and get rid of it. That kind of reminds me of that too, to allow for like some regeneration, yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: And so the only other tradition at these gatherings besides the effigy structure burn is what we then call the temple structure burn, which is more of like a structure designed for the kind of things that you're speaking of. This is something that would happen Sunday night after this Saturday night burn, and the temple structure at these gatherings is a space that gets set up more for people to participate in, like in the way and you're speaking the ways in which you are speaking of, where you go into this space and maybe you write something on the wall that is tied to something that you want to either release or honor, or you put objects within the space that you're wanting to release through like a fire ritual. And then Sunday night, the temple gets lit up as well, it gets burnt down and everything within it gets burnt. And that is more of like a somber, reflective burning event that allows people to have more of that kind of experience you're describing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's just the first thing that comes to mind for me. Yeah, it's really cool. I didn't realize that there were a bunch of little ones I've only ever seen i think that iconic imagery from some of the other ones out west.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's really neat. Yeah, and you know, there are folks that do bring smaller sculptures to burn a lot of folks that know how to spin fire come to these gatherings and share the gift of their fire spinning with the community.
Speaker 6: Wait let me okay, So, if some of this is happening in the desert, aren't the winds high?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: So I'm like, is this a hazard? Is this ilegal?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it's yes, it is all. Yes. There's there's you know, permits and and structural logistical things that are put into place to ensure that these gatherings will be as safe as they can be. But yeah, yeah, it's winds are high out there. I've been to the one out west once and watching those big structure fires burn, it's amazing. You have this cold desert wind that is blowing into this massive fire and it spins out like these smoke tornadoes off at one end of the fire that look like, you know, real tornadoes spinning across the desert. But but they're just smoke. And it's just that cold air hot fire combo that does that. And and yeah, it's it's an experience the fire.
Speaker 6: Does it end up being like blue? You know how like the hottest flame is like blue? Like is the middle like blue? And then it I don't know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes yeah, yeah, especially if people throw those things in there that make them change funk colors. But but yeah, yeah, those those fires get hot. Yeah, They're they're huge, and it's like you can, you know, only get so close to them. You think like you're you're many yards away and you cannot get any closer because of just how hot they are burning. But you're in the desert. There's plenty of rooms, right Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well I have to ask because it's just like I've blinked and it's been an hour now and I'm like, oh my god, we do have to hit on this. Yeah, I would love to know how you got involved with the experience of going and I don't know if this is the accurate term, but like collaborating with Alex Gray.
Speaker 4: Yes, right on, thank you? Yeah. I So the Grays, Alex and Alison, they have their spot up at COSM, and you know, they several times a year off her workshop painting intensives where anyone who was interested in learning from them and studying with them can apply to one of these workshops where you would then get to go and live on the grounds of COSM for a week and have painting sessions with them every day, share meals with them, and then you know, stay overnight in a house on the grounds alongside other artists. And so I was blessed to be able to participate in one of these workshops. How many other people there's twenty that were part of the workshop that I was a part of. And this is a visionary painting intensive workshop. So everyone who participated in this was as serious of a painter as passionate of a painter as I am, and so I applied to him, was accepted into this intensive last year and went up in July and got to hanging out with them for a whole week, and it was amazing, you know, Like I have been influenced to buy their work for about sixteen years. Anytime anyone's asked me who my favorite artists are, I've always considered Alison and Alex in the top five. I can't really choose the one, but it's impossible. Yeah, and yeah, just it was such a fulfilling time. I just was so appreciative of getting to know more of a sense of who they are as people, to know more of the depths of their inspiration and where they're coming from, and to really enjoy just some like awesome down to earth and silly moments with them too, you know. And so yeah, I while I was up there, you know, got into some great conversations with Alex about UFO stuff. It's its topic he's gravitated towards for a while, as well as other folks that are on staff at COSM. And I had a copy of UFO of God up there with me.
Speaker 2: Which is amazing.
Speaker 4: While we were in the painting intensive, I had a little table next to my easel where I would keep all of my supplies and so I had a copy of that book out on that table, and another artist that was part of the intensive they recognized the book and was like, oh, yeah, I listened to Blood, so said.
Speaker 2: So that's you never told us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Another artist that was part of it, Todd Keffer was his name, And then yeah, I had a chat with Alex about it briefly. He was like, oh, yeah, I saw that book on your table and I was looking at it. That looks really interesting. So yeah, I really enjoyed getting to share with him and Alison about your story. They had not yet heard about the Bloedsos, even though they've had their eye on UFO things for a while. And so then I was blessed to be able to return to Cosm in November of last year to live paint at one of their Full Moon ceremonies. They host a monthly Full Moons ceremony where folks can come out and congregate together and have a like celebration of spirit in a non denominational way where the Grays will choose like a theme of the months to focus upon and then you know, offer some presentations, lectures, depictions of artwork that are tied to that theme, invite performers to come to the ceremony and show it's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Let's go sometime, as long as it's not the kind of thing where I have to paint because I cannot do that.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, you can.
Speaker 7: Ryan.
Speaker 4: Don't use limiting like I'm limiting that one. Well, actually, yeah, I appreciate you say that, Jennifer, because.
Speaker 6: I have some of Ryan's pottery downstairs.
Speaker 2: You do not want to see it, and we are not going to show.
Speaker 6: She will be she can see it, you will witness it, Okay.
Speaker 4: But I just want to say that a lot more people are capable of painting than many realize.
Speaker 6: A hundred percent. Ryan is one of the most creative people I know. And if you can do it with his ears, he can do.
Speaker 4: It with his If we broke it down steps I step, I have no doubt you could do it singing too.
Speaker 6: Emily's always like Ryan, you can sing if you really try it. He's like, no, I couldn't sing, but he can.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's the keyword is yet.
Speaker 2: I would I would love to actually go to one of these cosm events as long as it's not an intensive workshop where you're trying to learn to paint. I would. I would love to go to that.
Speaker 4: You would you would enjoy the full moon ceremony, I think? Then yeah, And then they always host art Church the next day, which is just like a casual come together everyone who wants to meditate upon a theme together and then we'll we'll make art together, and then we'll share about the art that we make.
Speaker 6: You literally just said art church.
Speaker 2: I mean I would certainly try. I would. I would certainly try if it was like, oh my god, I'm in a room with Alex Gray and we're doing this thing where you know what I mean, Like, I would, I would do that. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 6: I hate much of the Lady from your d MT art.
Speaker 2: I want to see that later when you'll see it, you're really she's mocking me, but it is not good.
Speaker 4: Everyone's expression as well.
Speaker 6: But I'm saying it's a form of expression.
Speaker 2: But my point is I love the art and the artist so much that I don't care to go there to like learn. I would just like to sit there and just like, Wow, look at all this art. You know what I mean, Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Yes, And as I've mentioned, they've got an amazing spot for skywatching. So yeah, I think says field trip up the Cosm would be great. Well, once a month, you said it's once a month yep, so pretty much like the weekend closest to the full moon. You can.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, we should we should figure that out. I did message him because you put him on my radar, yes or no, no, you put me on his radar. Yes, it's been on my radar, right, but you put me on his radar. And he painted a painting that was inspired by Dad's book and the orbs and your stories and everything. And I saw that and I shared it, and then he saw it, and then one thing led to another, and we had a couple of messages and he just like had the sweetest things to say, and I pretty much said like I'd love to have a SkyWatch with you, and he liked the message, and that was there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, no, I'm I'm sure they're they're very busy, of course, of course, but but yeah, I think but that means we have a chance. Yeah, And I think that there could be a really good chance if it involves us going to them on their home ground.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm so willing.
Speaker 6: Do you have that painting that you did at the full Moon ceremony.
Speaker 4: Oh, that one is still in progress. It's the one that I showed you a picture of earlier, of the Earth with the beams of rainbow coming around it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But oh the little Heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But but when I went up to at UH to Live paint in November, that was after Riverfest, And so this time when I brought up, I brought up another copy of the book with me that I could give to him and Allison as they could have their own copy and read it. And one of the coolest moments of my creative life probably was up there live painting and Alex comes over to say hi, and I'm like, here, Alex, I have a copy of the book for you now. And then I got to share with him about what we experienced at Riverfest.
Speaker 6: That's crazy and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I showed and I showed him the video that for real that Heather Bird had taken Heather Heather when she pointed her camera up a right that right moment, I was able to show him that video. And so he was just so stoked to hear about all of it and then to see the video and very very gladly received the copy of the book.
Speaker 6: So wow, Wow, that's crazy. I have a blanket, one of his blankets.
Speaker 2: That Jemmy gave us. The Flesh of the Gods is the name of the piece, I yeah, yeah, or TiO tika, I can't remember it's it's a Spanish word.
Speaker 6: It's just the one of the hand, like holding tik wan. But it's similar to the eyeball on your yes hat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think that might be a reoccurring thing for him. Yeah, yeah, awesome.
Speaker 2: But yeah, amazing. Wow, I mean I feel like I would if you're good with it. Yes, I would love to go into more of these on full disclosure. Yeah, we'll take a short little wrap here and then we'll dive deeper into some of these on our page.
Speaker 6: Can we actually show that one though, Yeah, because I love that she had gifted each one of us a copy of this, and I want to hear more about this because I now have a copy.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's see. So we'll go this way a little bit here, Yeah, you can, I can rest it right here. This is called Resonant Plane. This was painted in twenty twenty three and it was started at an event at a river festival. Actually the Eno River festival in Durham, and this is another into it a vision where there was no concept of where I was headed, but I at least knew my starting point, which was the body of water taking inspiration from the river theme. And so when I started the painting, it literally was just this body of water, and then this cloudscape happened. And then I went home after that first day at the festival that was it. And then while I was at home, just sitting in a chair, I experienced this thing that happens to me sometimes with my visions, where I get like this flash in the mind's eye. It's like just a very brief second of kind of just like whoa, Like this scene appears behind my eyelids. That has with it that jolt of recognition of that at once to get painted.
Speaker 2: That's how I came up with the sigil.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. Yeah, we felt that jolt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's like it flashes into my mind. I'm like, oh, it's got to be a triangle a circle in the middle, but it's a ufo. You know. It's just like this higher level of information just SAPs into your brain and you're like, oh my god. And then it's like the mashed potato mountain you.
Speaker 4: Have, Yeah, you have to do it, you know, right, And so that flash was all of these silhouettes that are coming out of the water. And this was you know, twenty twenty three, you know, like like I was very much invested in your all story. I had not yet.
Speaker 2: Been the book had just come out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't witnessing orbs myself on a regular basis, which I have been now since October. But I was at this time very drawn to purposely depict the orbs in my works. As you know, they have been representative for your story.
Speaker 2: And this is.
Speaker 4: Also like a point along my trajectory where I was gravitating towards depicting the human form more in silhouette, so that these forms could be more familiar to many eyes as opposed to you know, having these identifiable features that that might make the more distinguishment distinguishable as particular types of people. And so to silhouette all of these forms out and to put an emphasis upon the heart space because to me, I feel like that is where the soul resides, that that is where that intuitive voice is speaking from when it is the true voice of you know, quote higher self as opposed to like conditioned messages of the mind. And so I really have drawn I've gravitated towards depicting silhouettes with that heart space emphasized to further convey that idea of us evolving collectively into operating with more compassion for ourselves, for others, for the earth, and then to feel that sense of correspondence of as above so below in this scene, you know, the difference between the glowing heart space within these forms and the orbs in the sky is not much. So wanting to convey that connection between the orbs and our divine spark that each one of us has.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's very meaningful that this is the one you chose to get.
Speaker 6: Well, and I was telling Molly, I like a good story. So to hear the story behind this painting, and that is so awesome because I plan personally to hang it up in our office. I think that would be a great spot. And I I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna have two paintings in our office.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I have. I currently have a it's like literally the simplest little digital art behind me in my office that has like an as above so below theme.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 6: So then the fact that this has that that's just like itches my scratch. Yes, awesome, I'm gonna have a correlating theme going amazing. And I also just love how how it's just so yellow, like it's so yellow, yet it's so dynamic in so many different ways. Yellow is like one of my favorite colors. So I appreciate it all cool, thank you.
Speaker 4: I normally fill the paintings with colors, but every now and then there's a vision that it's just like, no, this is where we're at.
Speaker 6: These right, Like you have this form over here. I mean, I know the viewer can't see it, but you have a very orange painting and then a very.
Speaker 2: We're gonna want I want to get into more of these on Full Disclosure. So Alex, do you know off top of your head what number that's going to be, because that way we can direct for our Full Disclosure listeners that we can give them idea of what I'm the seven ninety seven somewhere in that something like ball part Yeah. Yeah. So we're lucky enough to have Molly for a after show special features. She's going to join us on Full Disclosure, and I really would like to get into more of these paintings.
Speaker 5: Ryan, how can I get a full disclosure if I don't know what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, you just you just go to patreon dot com slash. Let's just said so, and we have multiple tiers on there with multiple exclusive shows and bonus content which is currently in the works, and our amazing discord community which Molly was talking about earlier how we had started connecting and there's currently just about seven hundred and fifty people in there and it's just just like a really thriving community.
Speaker 6: I think it'll end up being episode ninety seven, right, yeah, ninety seven. Yeah, I just crossed checked it.
Speaker 2: Check us out. Our patreon is pretty epic. And yeah, so we have our bonus show on the five dollars tier full disclosure, where we're going to go on to some more of these paintings because we have a lot that we haven't even scratched the surface of our paintings on this show. But enough about us and what we got going on, Molly. I want to plug all of your resources. I want people to be able to find you, your website, your social media, like wherever you need people to go, please tell them where to go, right on, Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can be found mainly. Number one place to go is my website www dot mollischopin art dot com and I'm on social media at Mollie chopin Art, Facebook, Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram. I also recently launched a Patreon and so I can be found on a Patreon on Mollie showpan Art as well. Yeah, that's great taking some new strides in that direction. You know, I've really enjoyed supporting some artists over the years through that platform and just have been fueling the call lately to step into it myself.
Speaker 2: So it's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll have that up and that can also be joined through the website. And I also have a email newsletter that I like to send out whenever I have finished a new painting and let folks know that it is available. Let that email list know first. And if you're local to North Carolina, I send out emails about festival events that I'm part of. And so if you're looking for some fun, transformational gatherings, dance parties, art markets to get in on in this region, that is something that I like to share each month.
Speaker 2: Want to join, I would love to the next time we do one of these festivals. Whether it's Riverfest. I know you and I have been talking about something else. I've been talking with my friend Alicia about a different thing, Like whatever it is, whatever the next thing is, as long as it's you know, nearby to where you can actually make it and it's convenient for you. I would love it if you would be there painting.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I want to see you do the magic. I want to watch you do the mesta.
Speaker 5: It's really cool to watch it.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 5: I got to stand behind her for a little while.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: I'm the type of person and I don't know if I'm like a gnat to some people, but I like to stand behind the camera and watch the people do the camera work. I like the hardiest and watch the other day. I always watch you, my friend, give a tattoo. Okay, I was having a blast, like, wow, you're doing that. It's just something I'm also foreign to of anyway, Just that would bring me so much joy to watch it.
Speaker 2: I want to have a Molly painting live. That's just what I'm calling it. A Molly painting, yeah, because it's a painting from my friend Molly. But I want to have a very special Molly painting of and about the next festival that we're a part of. In other words, like I want you to be a part of it too. Yeah, not to show up. We could cool guest and then go home and like look what I've painted about it. That's awesome, This is amazing. But you know what, what kind of magic will come through if if it's if it's agreed upon in advance and you're there not just observing but participating, you know what I mean, what what what will what will be interpreted?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And the value of live painting at these kinds of gatherings is that the energy of the crowds, the energy of everyone present, influences what comes through. And it's just it's an amazing experience to be painting around a group of people like that and to just allow each brushstrokes to be infused with that heard opening energy that we've been talking about. So yeah, let's do.
Speaker 2: It well from a podcast, I guess you could call that a creative music maker individual, you know, who understands the importance and the magic of like creativity. Like I said, you know, I can't paint. I don't really understand how people can do stuff like that. I mean, I understand how, but it's like the I can't fathom actually being able to do this stuff like I do feel like what you do is very much magic, and I think it would be very cool. You know, next time I say if, but no, when when next time you're there and you're depicting this scene for us, It'll be a very cherished thing. I would love a copy, and you know, then we would just have to do a part two. Yeah, you know. So anyway, thank you so much for coming on our show.
Speaker 6: Can you ask Molly the question you asked everyone?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, because I really want to hear this. I was going to, by the way, so thank you for reminding me. I had the thought, but then we started talking about this, and so thank you for saving me. Yes. I like to ask every guest usually when I remember, if you know you had one thing to tell a large audience of people, like, what would it be? What's that one message that you feel is so important that you wish you could get out to the world.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Yes, I was thinking about it before I came here. Actually, if you were to ask such a question, and my message is everyone honor your creative spark. We all got one. You've got one. To honor your creative spark, honor your empathy and compassion, keep cultivating community, and keep looking out for each other.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 6: You know, the other night I got a tear from that. Do I look a little?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look a little. But the other night, I was laying in bed one of having one of those those like download moments. I don't know what you call it, like higher higher state of thinking, Like these things come through and it just kind of flashed in my mind. Like literally everything in the universe comes from creative impulses, you know, whether it's creative intelligence, whether it's physical life coming from some instinctual biological urge to procreate, which is what a creative impulse. Yes, everything comes from creative impulses. We are just flowing with creative impulses on every level of reality. So I agree, Like, you know, it's like, honor your creative spark. It's it's what got you here, it's where you're going back to. Everything comes from creative impulses. It's probably the most powerful force.
Speaker 6: It really is crazy to think about, like where is all of this coming from? Like we all have these brains that are just sparking energy it's it's crazy. It's above so below. Everything comes from everything, you know, something comes from something.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, creative impulses. Wow, Molly, you're amazing. Thank you so much. You know how we in the show?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Can we show the cats though?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they've they've been pretty good.
Speaker 5: Is they've had a lot of airtime tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean both of them have had an incredible.
Speaker 5: Amount of air time, probably more than me. They've been on camera more than I have.
Speaker 2: That's a choice. Someone at the festival I have to put I don't remember exactly who said this, but someone at the festival. Oh it's Chester. It was Chester. Chester. Yes, Chester's great. Yeah, Chester's amazing. And at azea festival two weeks ago, Chester was like, you need to talking to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He was like, you need to talk them into letting you be on camera more. And Alex was in Chester. I control the camera.
Speaker 6: We beg Alex Alex, like, we we want Alex to be on camera, we want Alex to talk more. But he's just a mysterious guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If I show myself too much, you quit begging.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 6: People won't be able to like imagine that that like or fathom a pretty face if they see it so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where's the mystery?
Speaker 6: Right? There's no mystery there, There's nothing Yeah, mist going on for sure anyway.
Speaker 2: All right, well you know what to do right? Okay?
Speaker 6: Bye guys, guy, Bye guys.
Speaker 3: What ut bomies.
Speaker 2: If you like the show and want more, check out Patreon dot com slash Bledsoe said so.
Speaker 3: This will get you exclusive weekly bonus shows and access to our discord community with hundreds of open minded people just like you.
Speaker 2: If you want to represent the show, go to bledsosaids dot com from we have t shirts, hats, hoodies, and more.
Speaker 3: For all future updates, follow us on Instagram at Bletsoe setso same time next week