Speaker 1: Billy hunting up the Great America. Welcome victorious Hot Monday Halfnion The Price Reds Baseball kicks off about five forty tonight in Miami. The big issue is, well Mike Brown back down at Jamar Chase. Mike Brown is used to backing down to everybody, right, beginning with Jim Brown and Frank Ryan. He's always backing down to players, right, not exactly. We'll see what happens. Of course, Saturday, the Bengals play Tampa right here, little preseason action. We'll see what happens there. But more important things are happening, for example, other than the stock market meltdown, and that is that it appears that marijuana will be sold legally to everyone, including Tony Bender, sometime beginning Tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. Kentucky it's maybe flooding into Ohio to buy the ganji. And we have that issue percolating. Plus Andy Basher may be selected later today or tomorrow, which everyone encourages in Kentucky to become the next so called vice president because he gets some the hell out of Kentucky. That's a different issue too, So Rob Sanders, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham show. And first of all, before we talk about Pott marijuana, Ganji the weed, Well, Mike Brown backed down to Jamar Chase and say, I'll give you the money, show me the money. Even though Jamar Chase says at least two more years, give me a fall report. Before we talk about marijuana, Jamar Chase doesn't play. I may start smoking pot myself.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Willie?
Speaker 3: I think this is a big difference, a big difference from this situation in T Higgins. You know, T Higgins was looking at he was talking about sitting down, and he was looking at passing up a twenty million dollar pay day. I think Jamar Chase is probably only making about a million bucks this year on his regular deal, So who knows, he might actually be taking a year off because it'd probably be better off for him, he'd be in a better financial situation to make sure he doesn't get hurt this year. I mean, we're talking about a guy that already sat out a season, if I'm not mistaken, during the whole COVID shenanigans. He didn't feel like playing football during COVID, so he might not feel like playing football for a million When even t Higgins is getting paid twenty million in a year, so who knows. I'm not very encouraged about the chances of Mike Brown backing down or Jamar Chase paying for about the same amount of money they pay Tony Bender to produce a radio show he makes about trya not a good way to start the year.
Speaker 1: Willing well Mo tells me allegedly about a week ago, Jamar Chase got three point nine million dollars.
Speaker 2: Which was his roster bonus.
Speaker 1: He's due to make one million dollars this entire year, when t Higgins is making twenty two and a half million. Justin Jefferson of the Vikes is running man An LSU's making thirty five million. And so you got Jamar Chase just got about four million put in his lap, and he's going to make one million dollars A pittance you pay tax on that, you make really six hundred thousand dollars. And he's thinking, look, I'm in a position next year I'll be more powerful. But the problem is the year he sits out will not count. So if he sits out, that means he's still two more years after that to get to a free agency, in which case he's three years down the road. I'll give you a scenario before we talk about marijuana.
Speaker 2: How about a.
Speaker 1: Deal that begins in the third year from now. Tell Jamar Chase, Okay, I tell you what. You're pretty valuable, Joe Burrows two and in my ears saying we got to get number one in the lineup. How about starting the contract three years from now and then we'll pay you I don't know, one hundred and twenty five million dollars with seventy million guaranteed, But it starts three years from now for four years. That gets you to the age of thirty thirty one, in which case you're done anyway. How about that scenario.
Speaker 3: As long as he got the guaranteed money, will he be a fool not to take it? Because you know, money's money, whether it's now or three years from now, He's getting paid enough to get by. I think maybe they ought to have you negotiating that deal. But you know another thing that the Bengals need to think about is the money's getting so crazy these days. It's going up exponentially every year. Yeah, how much more money is it going to cost the Bengals if they wait another year to sign Jamar Chase. You know what, the top end receivers are making. His jump to probably ten million dollars a year in the last two or three years. If they wait a year, it could cost them. You know, he might be getting paid thirty five or forty million a year the way they're going. Look at what Jordan loves making. I realize he's a quarterback, not a wide receiver, but he just reset the market. Joe Burrow is probably kicking himself thinking, you know, I've been to the Super Bowl, I've been to the AFC Championship twice. I should be making more than Jordan Love. This guy's only started what eighteen games something like that, right, and he's the highest paid quarterback in the NFL. So another year of not paying Jamar Chase. I mean, we could be looking back saying, hell, the Bengals could have got him for a bargain if they'd have signed him back in August to twenty four. Instead, they waited a year, and now all of a sudden, he's getting forty million a year instead of thirty million a year.
Speaker 1: I may get to hold a Troy Blackburn and tell him that you and I are willing to participate on either side of this case, each of us taking a fee and get paid. But let's talk about something in your domain, which is marri jajuana. I guess tomorrow is going to be legal recreational pots sold all over southwest Ohio. To calm down the road. I take CBD myself quite often. I think it helps with my back pain. I think it helps sleeping. But that's a different issue. But when there's tons of marijuana being sold across the river and Kentuckians are flooding in from Boone, Kenton and Campbell County, they need the putt, they need to smoke, they need to get high, and they need the ganji. They'll be like Cheach and Chong and Covington. They need that drug badly and they're going to buy in Ohio. What does that mean to Boone, Kenton and Campbell County if anything?
Speaker 3: Well, the biggest thing people need to remember Willie before they go all Cheach and Chong on northern Kentucky is that while it might be legal in Ohio, it's still illegal in Kentucky. So just because you buy it legally doesn't mean you legally possess it when you cross the river and come back into Kentucky. Now, that's probably gonna get your car searched. It's probably gonna get you a minimum a citation to court. It might get you arrested, you might have to spend the night in the kent County whoscal But what's more important for people to remember is that you can't have marijuana with a gun in Kentucky. If you have marijuana and a gun, that's a felony. Then you become my problem. Then the price of poker goes up. You're definitely getting arrested. You're definitely going to jail. You'll be lucky if you can bond yourself out because we got decent judges over here that don't let everybody out of jail for no reason like they do in Ohio. You know, the bottom line is if you're gonna go over to Ohio and partake in your recreational marijuana, you treat it just like you do alcohol. Get a designated driver, don't be driving stoned over here in Kentucky coming back home. Don't bring your drugs back to Kentucky because it's still illegal over here. And like I said, don't mix your drugs and a gun because then you're not a misdemeanor anymore. Now you're a felony. You become my problem. Get a designated driver, taken an uber and go over to Ohio, poke up, smoke up, whatever they like to do over there. You know, have your fun, but don't drive back high, and don't bring your drugs back. Consume all your wacky it's a backy on the north side of the river, and we'll be just fine when you come back over here.
Speaker 1: Now this is instructive. So if you're like Yosemite, Sam, and you have guns and they're on your person or in your car, Let's say you're in the back seat of a car and you got you three point fifty seven and one pocket and a Sigsier on the other and you're in the backseat of the car. You're not driving, but you also have in your pocket a little bit of a wacky weed.
Speaker 2: Is that a felony?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's felony in Kentucky anytime you possess a firearm and further into that possession of that marijuana and all the police have to do. So why do you have these guns on you? And you say, well, obviously to defend myself. Well, now, it's in furtherance of your possession of that drugs. It doesn't just have to be marijuana, can be any kind of drug. You know. This is a law that is intended to I guess, intended to bump the drug dealers who not only deal drugs but do it in do it while they're armed. Punish those more heavily. So the law applies not just to drug dealers but drug possessors. The punishment doubles in Kentucky if you commit the crime while you are armed with the firearms. So it's very important that people remember that because we've talked about before, Willie. For some reason, everybody likes to smoke their weed they purchased in Ohio. Up till now it's been medical weed that they were purchasing in Ohio. But they like to smoke their medical weed on riverside driving Covington. And they don't bother to leave their guns in Ohio when they come over to here to I guess toke up and enjoy the view. So I can't tell you how many arrests Covington police have made of people smoking dope while they're armed with the gun on riverside drive in the nearby streets where they can see our wonderful view of downtown Cincinnati. But what they don't realize is that they've just got themselves arrested for a felony. So the bottom line is, don't combine your drugs with your guns. Your drugs are still illegal in Kentucky. We're headed down that road, it looks like, but we're not there yet, and it probably won't ever be legal to have marijuana and a gun together. So it's something they should get in the habit of not doing now if you don't want to be a resident of our detention center.
Speaker 1: I know in northern Kentucky now has medical marijuana. What if someone is a medical marijuana card and they're legally possessing marijuana and they have a gun done?
Speaker 3: What, Well, we don't have it yet will Medical marijuana doesn't kick into effect in Kentucky until January first to twenty twenty five, But even when it does, there are all sorts of different rules about how you once consume your medical marijuana. In fact, the vast majority of folks that have a legitimate need for medical marijuana will be consuming it in a fashion like you say you do with the THCHC instead of CBD. But it'll be in an ointment or a pill or a soov or some kind of gel cap, something along those lines. It won't be legal. You cannot smoke weed. Even after medical marijuana starts January one and twenty twenty five, you still can't smoke your weed in Kentucky. I guess the only reason you could have the plant material is I guess baking brownies or something like that. I don't know. I don't know why anybody would have plant marijuana if they're not allowed to smoke it. But nevertheless, even if you have medical marijuana, you can't have it with a gun. The law has not changed in terms of possessing your marijuana. In your plant marijuana has to be at least two steps removed from the driver of any vehicle, so that means probably in the trunk. So that would be a different scenario than what we're experiencing here. That's not the same as people having weed in their pocket or people smoking weed on riverside drive when they have it in the trunk. That's a whole different story as opposed to where the gun is. I gun separate from the weed, no problem. If the gun is with the weed problem, and that's what people are going to have to remember. Keep it on the North side. Smoke all your dope in Ohio. Let the Buckeyes smell all that nonsense. We don't need that in Kentucky, even after we have medical marijuana approved.
Speaker 1: Well, I was at Washington Park about a week ago and there was marijuana everywhere smoking, and the police don't care. The CPD is told not to arrest or sign anyone smoke pot. Washington Park is where my great great great grandfather named Old Conny used to dig up bodies in order to make a living, So I have a little dark history there. But let me ask you this. Let's say you got a medical marijuana card in Ohio and you legally can possess marijuana in Ohio. What if you walk across the Suspension bridge, you go to Riverside Drive and you got a medical marijuana card in Ohio. Can you smoke weed in Covington with a medical marijuana card from Ohio?
Speaker 3: No, Willie, no you can. It's still illegal in Kentucky. And unlike the North Side of the River, we back our police over here. We like it when they're proactive. We like them when they go ask people, hey, what are you doing, Why are you acting suspicious? What business do you have in this part of town? That sort of thing. It keeps our crime rate down. Makes Kenton County and all of northern Kentucky the best place to live, work, and raise a family of any place in the greater Cincinnati area. And a big reason to that is how proactive our police are. So we don't discourage and we don't discourage our police from enforcing the law like do on the north side of the river. We back them up. We know that they know that we support them, and that's why we have a better quality of life. In my opinion, Willie, It's why we can go on our parks and not have to smell cheech and Song style smoke just billowing around our parks. We can enforce the law on this side of the river.
Speaker 1: Well, if you have time, google William Cunningham Resurrectionist. My great great great grandfather was a mortician who conducted funerals in Cincinnati, and he would bury the bodies at Washington Park and then three days later he would, like a resurrectionist, he would dig them up, rifle through their pockets, and then take the bodies and put them in horse drawn carriages and transport them to the Medical College of Ohio where they've been used for medical research. Everyone has a part of their family they're not proud of. And William Cunningham the resurrectionist is someone I'm not particularly proud about.
Speaker 2: But he made a living doing that. That's all I can say.
Speaker 3: A fairly resurrectionist is code for grave Robert than Willie. I didn't even know they buried people in Washington Park, but that's good to know, yet another reason I won't be hanging out in Washington Park.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: Nevertheless, check it out William Cunningham resurrection As the Inquiry did a long story on him.
Speaker 2: He made quite a living.
Speaker 1: And there was one night he's in his buggy with a corpse and he got his arm around the corpse, which the corpse kind of falling apart, and one of the constables at this point picked up old Cunney cun n y, and they arrested him, and he got out three days later and continued the trade.
Speaker 2: He traded in human flesh.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not real proud of that part of my family, shall we say my other family. John Patrick Graham was the mayor of Ellesmere. I'm more proud of that family than old Cunny, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Well, we know you trace your roots back to Norman, Kentucky, specifically to kent County, Willie. We're very proud to have you as one of our former residents, one with family roots here. And we're still waiting for you to come on back over here by that big condo in the sky down there along the riverfront that you've been eye on all these years. But we'd love to have you on this side of the river where there is no marijuana smoke to disrupt your dinner as you sit outside and enjoy nice meal at one of our fabulous restaurants.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I know people. Judge likes northern Kentucky, Willie. She's a big fan of Covington and all the restaurants down there.
Speaker 2: He likes that.
Speaker 1: Well, we got to run, but to have minute remaining, What about your buddy Andy Basheer. Are you anxious to have him take the VP slote and get the hell out of Kentucky?
Speaker 2: Would that be good?
Speaker 3: Well, you know I would say yes, Willy, except that I'm not sure that the lieutenant governor we have would be much of a better choice in Kentucky. Right now, I don't know, at least in the little change of pace might be amusing. I think the vice president might pick Andy Basheer just to irritate me, because that's kind of luck. I have never good luck, Willy. But you know what's amusing, and what is starting to look like Andy Basheer might have a legitimate shot now, as ridiculous as that might sound, is that the Democrats are just infighting. I guess they skipped the whole nomination of a presidential candidates, so now they're taking out all their infighting on picking a vice presidential candidate. And all the Progressives and the moderate Democrats can't get along. They're fighting. They don't like Shapiro because he's Jewish. They don't like Mark Kelly for some reason. I mean, guy's an astronaut and a fighter pilot. I don't know what's wrong with him, but they don't like him either. So there, you know, Andy Basheer might be just plain white, toast boring enough that he'll fit the road, and nobody can find anything to object about him too, because there's nothing there, you know, it's an empty suit. But hey, come on down, because we haven't found a reason to object to him being the vice president.
Speaker 1: I just googled William Cunningham body snatcher. William Cunningham was a body snatcher who lived in Cincinnati. He was a professional and resurrectionist. Cunningham provided corpses to area physicians for research. It was known as old Cunny.
Speaker 3: That's a part of the gout an entrepreneur, will they not a criminal? An entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: He picked up bodies out of graves. After a few days they were falling apart.
Speaker 3: So well, you know what, it doesn't sound like he was pulling that Shenan against every here on this side of the river. So even years ago, one hundred years ago, Kentucky was still a safe place to live, work and raise a family.
Speaker 2: It didn't smoke pot either, I know that.
Speaker 3: But there you go.
Speaker 1: Just check out William Cunningham Grave Robert part of all parts of our family were not proud of. And this is my part. But I'm proud of my Ellesmere part. But Rob Sanders, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham show. Keep hope alive and don't be cheaching Chong and Comington.
Speaker 3: Not a chance, Willie, thanks for having me on. It's been great. I can't wait. Just a couple more weeks and we'll be saying hohoda after every chance we have the chat. So looking forward to this Bengals season and joining you and Seg and Tony Bender and Rocky Boyman and everybody in the Phill Cunningham luxury box.
Speaker 2: It'll be there.
Speaker 1: Mike Brown will back down, write that down, Mike Brown will back down.
Speaker 3: Mike Brown, got it, got it okay. Bill Cunningham said it right here, August the fifth.
Speaker 2: Thank you an old cunny. Rob Sanders, thank you very much. Take care, will We'll see you all.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more. There's always part. Here's the families. One is not proud of. When I read the stories about William Cunningham, it doesn't fill my heart with glee. But he was an entrepreneur living at difficult times, and he plied his trade around Washington Park. And now everyone is stoned to death and they'll pay attention. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, Mike Brown back down on News Radio seven hundred WLW