Speaker 1: I'm the oldest, contacted me and said, hey, do you remember a guy named Lee back in the old neighborhood in Hendersonville, Tennessee. And I said yeah. I said, well, he contacted me to see if there's any way to get in touch with you, because you know, I'm famously not on facepace or my book or I'm not a social media player, and in my business in this day and age, that's almost to death knell. But no, I really don't fool around with him much. So anyway, he had the Lee in question had left him a number took for me to call if if John got in touch with me, and he did, and I called, and it was great to rekindle and kind of talk about memories from when we were teenagers growing up in Middle Tennessee. Lee Greengrass lived right up the street from me, and excuse me, and I remember summers out in Lee's front yard, tossing the football back and forth while Hotel California by the Eagles, and that first Boston album blared through his bedroom window all summer long. It would have been what summer seventy six or seventy seven, anyway, and I had not talked to Lee. In years, my parents knew Lee's mom and at the time her husband and all of his brothers. Man they had one heck of a Brady bunch in that house. But we have since communicated, and I told him where to find me because he asked this morning, and I hope he's listening. If you are tuned in in tarp And Springs, Florida, Lee green Grass, it's great to have you along for the ride. This is probably the strangest radio show you've ever heard in your life. And hopefully all of the characters who usually chime in will be with us today. I see Dick is hanging on the line now, Dick from Dayton. He's a treat. Mamma Tree have not heard from and maybe her her care nerves, hasn't been able to get to her room with a phone that can actually call the ring. Mama Tree's phone for some reason. Her own personal phone can only call my cell phone, which doesn't work for on air. In fact, she already called me at five point thirty, probably to tell me that no one's wheeled her up to the UH or brought the phone back from Florence Park Care. But I did want to take this time because Dave from Dayton reminded me that it is Mama Tree's birthday a week from tomorrow, and Lee, if you get to hear Mamma Tree, he says, you'll love it. She'll probably sing a hymn for us. Uh. Mama Tree's birthday is May fourth, fourth, be with you, which is a week from tomorrow. If you would like to send Mametrie a birthday card, send it to Florence park Manor Care sixty nine seventy five, Burlington Pike, Florence, k Y four one zero four to two. He added, United States. Thanks for the help there, Dave so Florence park Manor Cares, sixty nine seventy five, Burlington Pike, Florence, Kentucky four, one zero four to two to send Mametry a birthday card, or Lady Lynette, however you refer to her. See. I don't know how she's identifying this morning. Hopefully we'll find out. It's five point fifty two.
Speaker 2: JT.
Speaker 1: Melly Sports Bar is the best place to watch sports in Western Hills. The top of they are. There's no time to waste. Let's get right to the phones.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Dick, Good morning, Gerry Kiss how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm wonderful, sir. What's going on in your little corner of the world. How's it hanging?
Speaker 3: Dick Good?
Speaker 4: I went to the Dulphmer group Monday. One of my friends Eddie, Mary and Mike picked me up.
Speaker 1: No, hello, Dick, hold on, you said, one of your friends, and then you name three people.
Speaker 4: Well that's that's the group I go up every morning.
Speaker 1: So so three of your friends picked you up, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, took me over and we had a pretty good little Dolsmer show. And then Bob Ford picked me up. He kissed me every Friday for the string Benders, and we really were rocking that house down yesterday, Gary Jeff, it was good, excellent.
Speaker 1: I've never heard you play the dolt. Do you play the dulcimer?
Speaker 4: No, no, I used the I've been playing the ukulele a lot.
Speaker 1: Now do you ever play the triangles that we and our listeners got for you several years ago?
Speaker 4: No, I'm going to take it to band, back to the Kedy Banjo Society. Let's see. Monday nine, John was calling me. There's a little party for somebody there. He wants me to bring that. We're gonna do the orange Blossom Special.
Speaker 1: Of course, that's I think that was the original reason we got you the Triangle in the first place, was so you could do the orange Blossom Special. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, happy birthday to Lynette.
Speaker 1: Well it's it's a little early. And you know what, she hasn't called him. I'm slightly concerned that I've not heard from Mam Tree yet, because usually she's on the phone even before you are. You want to talk about early birds. I mean, yeah, Mama Tree has gotten a lot of worms. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, yes, indeed.
Speaker 4: So now I'm telling you Mary Jeff, there's a lot of people that heard me on your nightcap. I got about eight or nine calls. It was good, I was nice. I enjoyed the studio was beautiful. I was telling Dave, I've never seen anything that's pretty as that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that you enjoyed your your trip up to our palatial studios here in Kenwood.
Speaker 5: Dick.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Liam is telling me we must go, so I've got to. So as long as everything's everything's.
Speaker 4: Good, Dick, Yes, everything's good.
Speaker 1: Say good night, Dick, good night, Gary Jeff, all right, take care too much until next week into another hour the first official hour of the Saturday Morning Edition for this Saturday, April twenty six, twenty twenty five, Gary, Jeff Walker with you seven minutes past the hour, six oh seven Eastern. That is five one, three, seven four nine, seven thousand and one eight hundred, the big one to get in touch. And it is time. It is Yes, it's that time. I know, I know you've been waiting for. Dave from Harrison. Good morning, Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Garret, Jeff.
Speaker 6: How are we doing today?
Speaker 1: D and fine? Did you know that laughing too loud is illegal in Hawaii?
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 1: They only permit aloha.
Speaker 6: A low ha. That's too bad.
Speaker 1: Did I tell you about that finding a wooden shoe and my toilet? It didn't Yeah, it was clogged.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: If if a pig loses its voice, does it become disgruntled?
Speaker 6: And I thought it was tough to follow Dick.
Speaker 1: Well there you go. Not everybody can follow Dick. Sometimes, sometimes it takes a bigger dick to follow Dick, if you know what I'm Yeah.
Speaker 7: So a woman, a woman hands her husband to kayak paddles.
Speaker 6: Which one?
Speaker 3: Which one do you want? She asked?
Speaker 6: And he says either or.
Speaker 1: Did you just say either?
Speaker 7: Yes, Gerdath in what language are stomach rumbles?
Speaker 1: What language or stomach rumbles?
Speaker 6: Yes? Have you ever thought of that?
Speaker 1: No? Not until this very moment, And I'm stumped.
Speaker 7: Well, the language that stomach rumbles are in is Hungarian.
Speaker 1: It's weak later or not, it's weak? All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, all right, all right?
Speaker 1: Did Kathy come up with that one? Dave?
Speaker 7: No, okay, no, all right, here's the slight of apple pie is two dollars and fifty cents in Jamaic, Yeah, and it's three dollars in the Bahamash.
Speaker 6: These are the pyrates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: Did you say these are the pi rates of the Caribbean. Yes, that's what I thought you said.
Speaker 8: Jokes told by Day from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming in.
Speaker 1: Relief for former prof the studios. Today, Ron of course does the in the Garden Show down the Hall at fifty five KRSC on Saturday mornings, and apparently he's in Columbus doing the show, which means that Liam, my young growing boy producer, did not get breakfast. Ron always brings Liam something to eat. And if I had known that Ron wasn't in today, I would have helped, because I'm not heartless, as some people have accused me of being in the past. No, I was talking about the birthday one Carol Burnett today she is ninety two and her having been on television my entire life. And when I was talking about Carol Creighton Burnett, I forgot about one of the most famous things you could say in remembering Carol Burnett in her greatness, that tarzan yeah for example, a me, me, me, okay, now there you go. She used it as a vocal exercise to it. It really helped with her volume, because that's how we do it, by the way, is volume and turning the volume up on a reception report. Is our friend old Radio Rick Washburn This morning, Old Radio Rick, Good morning. How are you, my friend.
Speaker 5: Curry, Jeff. I don't think there was any funnier moment in television, though there's much competition, I know, than when the Carol Burnette Show did the takeoff of Gone with the Wind and she comes down the stairs with the dress made out of the curtains and the curtain Roger curtain rods, shoulder pads.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, to give a damn? Was it Lyle Wagner who was playing the Clark game?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you talk about a straight man, you well, you know.
Speaker 4: I.
Speaker 1: Can in question anytime you're talking about a Hollywood TV actor whether or not he was a straight man. But but so the the the play between Harvey Korman and Tim Conway on that show, and how Tim Conway would purposely try and crack Harvey up in the middle of one of the skits is some of the most classic television ever done ever on the air, don't you agree?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? And there weren't many many bloopers or many outtakes because they left most of.
Speaker 1: Them in the show.
Speaker 5: But the ones that they did have to redo are priceless and maybe good luck finding some of those. But we can talk about those off air because they're not air friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like the Newlywed Game, outtakes. Where's the weirdest place you all? Whoopee? So how are you? How are you hearing? How are you enjoying the show? And what's our what's our reception report this morning? Rick?
Speaker 5: Oh, let me receive I can recover. Well, the reception of war is five by five. You're absolutely loud, absolutely clear, and not too surprising. This is a nineteen thirty nine Venus.
Speaker 1: It is a.
Speaker 5: Model five S three one nine. It's a five tube Superhetero nine, so you wouldn't think it has much to brag about. But Venus were just designed so much better, and they always surprised me every time. It's an AM and shortwave radio. It sold for thirty dollars when new, and which is about seven hundred bucks today. Beautiful wood cabinet with a speaker on the side. It's only thirteen inches across and that's the biggest dimension, and it's got five free sets and four knobs in this oval. They called it a racetrack dials. That's actually gold background instead of a black background, which was a nineteen thirty nine thing for Zenith. But hey, let's go to the catalog, shall we sure a radio for every room at the lowest prices ever. Zena celebrates leadership this year with a smartly designed array of new beautiful models, price to fit any purse and style to harmonize with any decorative scheme. Zena quality is maintained in these year ahead values.
Speaker 6: All right, fine, so this model.
Speaker 5: Neatly designed for the table top. I guess that means it's small enough to fit on a table. I don't know. Ive tube super hitor dye with transcontinental automatic tuning. Well that sounds great unless you happen to know what transcontinental means, which means the buttons only work on am Woo's received American and foreign broadcasts with a five inch speaker. The smallest speaker is Zenith ever offered as a matter of fact. So yeah, great gold oblong dial, only thirteen inches wide, cabinet in beautifully grained walnut, which is very true. It's gorgeous and in some respects it's similar to Liam's, but it is smaller I think the dials per year, but the in other aspects it's it's very similar. In just a beautiful radio.
Speaker 1: You hear that, LIAMB. Your radio has dial envy of this model. Rick is describing this morning. I wanted to ask you too, because we're running these ads occasionally for the these push to talk essentially walkie talkies, and I'm like, yeah, walkie talkies are back. I loved walkie talkies as a kid. Did you have walkie talkies?
Speaker 9: Rick?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding? The really problem was? I mean, I wasn't an only child, but since my my nearest sibling was so many years older than me, I never had anybody to take the other one. And like when I when I, you know, I had a friend and they said, hey, let's take these and go out in the woods in separate directions. Look at me, like, what do you want to do? What's up with you? It's like, I just think it's gold.
Speaker 1: Come on, well, at least you invited your friend to go out in the woods with you and go in separate directions and not do something else and closer proximity to each other. Wow, no, no, but we.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying that there was nothing better as a kid than having a walkie talkie and pretending because you weren't really pretending you were on the radio. You were actually on the radio, but only only only one other person could hear you. Perhaps unless you know someone had that frequency and was And I grew up in the days of CBE radio too, so that was kind of pool in another respect channel and those.
Speaker 5: Walkie talkies were actually on CBEE radio channel frequencies, but they were low power and I don't remember the circumstances exactly, but I do remember we were in Woodstock, New York's that would have been late seventies, and I actually well quote fixed unquote, basically just cleaned a battery corrosion out of a walkie talkie. And he only gave me the one, but this was like a three water a five walt unit, which is a That thing's a transmitter, I mean it is, it's gonna scream, and it was a good receiver too. And I was picking up somebody that was talking either on another one or or on a CBE radio and standing at the end of my driveway to get the and the the whip antenna, I mean it was. It was probably twice the size of a normal kid's walkie talkie, but the whip intent I came out like eight feet long and it weighed about ten pounds. The clearly work to hold the thing up and talking on it with this fellow when found out he was like thirty miles away and it was I was just flown away.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely good fun. Listen, have a great weekend, and thanks Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com if you'd like to get in touch with mister Watch.
Speaker 10: Oh we we are.
Speaker 1: We've only got a minute, so let's make the most of it.
Speaker 11: Pe se pace.
Speaker 4: Great si pace.
Speaker 12: In the morning when I wake up, bright New Mi, Hi.
Speaker 13: All have.
Speaker 10: Hi half already, PROFI.
Speaker 1: Green Side.
Speaker 10: Funess, Hello, hunt to me. Amen.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful and you did it all in the time frame we needed. So how are you this morning, dear?
Speaker 10: I'm great. I just hope my brand that set me down. Chicken, I mean my Kroger Chicken card aren't getting those chicken dinner this year. Hang Big, and that's helping.
Speaker 1: All right. You got a big birthday coming up a week from tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll be litt eighty three.
Speaker 1: Every every years it's a different age, and sometimes it's thirty and sometimes you're seventeen.
Speaker 10: No, I'll be thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I thought, not eighty three. But listen, we love you. We gotta go.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, as Big says, keep those cards the.
Speaker 1: Coming all right mmetry on the radio set. The man I refer to him, however, as a patriot, smart man, and well it's a legal resident. Steve from ETNA is back with it. Fithy phone call and news of the week.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Stephen, Good morning here on Saturday Morning Live. Okay, let's begin with the Minister of the month. Reverend Senator Rafael Warnock of Georgia has been called out for a Senate ethics violation living rent free in Washington, d C. At the behest of a church in Atlanta. That doesn't sound really earth shattering. I mean, my god, there are all a bunch of crooks up there. But let's get into the particulars. Reverend Ralph is a part time pastor at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta. Sound familiar. Yes, it was the home church for Martin Luther King. The church has been doing very well lately. It owns a one million dollar residence in Washington where the rent for unconnected folks is seven thousand, four hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 14: It makes me wonder how much Reverend Ralph is paid to be that part time pastor at Ebenezer Church. In Atlanta, but I digress Senator Warnick is a big fan of the late dictator Fidel Castro of Cuba. You may recall that Forest Magazine found out that top commy Fidel owned nineteen haciendes on the island nation. You may also recall that early in the Biden administration, socialist Democrats were pushing for provisions and the so called infrastructure bill that did become law which would destroy single family home ownership.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 14: Top Democrats like Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Bernie Sanders all sport multiple single family homes that they have managed to accumulate on their modest public salaries.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 14: What is it with extreme lefties and real estate? And how do they get a pass on what they want to do to the rest of us?
Speaker 7: Gee?
Speaker 14: I guess when the one percenters at the top of the food chain in communism want to live like capitalists they do. Last week, when we were saluting the Lord on Easter Sunday, I forgot to mention Luke Easter. I ran across his story when I was browsing the net for stories on Easter Sunday and realized that the former Cleveland Indian carried the first name of one of the evangelists, besides a last name befitting the most Glorious Day in Christendom. Born in nineteen fifteen in Jonestown, Mississippi, Luke grew up to be a robust six to two hundred and forty pound first baseman for Cleveland from nineteen forty nine to fifty four. His late arrival at age thirty four was due to many successful years in Semi Pro Bowl and a stint with the famous Homestown Grays of the Negro League. It was none other than Bill Veck of the Indians who saw Luke play in the Negro League World Series and got the Grays to sell him to Cleveland. The Indians were the American League pioneers and breaking the color line when they brought up Larry Dobie right after Jackie Robinson joined the Dodgers. Luke Easter soon followed. His was a short but great career, leaving Major League Ball and ending up in the miners, where he coached numerous future MLB stars. Luke, however, came to a sad end on March the twenty ninth, nineteen seventy nine. He was transporting payroll checks for an armored car company in Cleveland East End. When two robbers approached him and demanded the money he refused, he was shot dead. There is a statue of Luke Easter in a Cleveland park that's named after him, but the story doesn't end there. Both attackers were also engaged with the police that a shootout. They were wounded, later tried, convicted, and sentenced. One got fifteen years in prison, the other, presumably the triggerman, got life. In nineteen eighty seven, thirty five year old Clinton Arnold was killed at Luke Easter Park while playing basketball. In twenty twenty one, a thirteen year old was shot and seriously wounded at Luke Easter Park. Is this the legacy of a popular sports hero? Let's hope the carnage stops because Luke Easter, the man named for an evangelist and the Savior's Greatest Day, deserved better. And Gary Jeff for your friend mister Greengrass boy, when you mentioned his name, did that ring a bell with me? How about James Raymond Greengrass of the Cincinnati Reds from fifty two to fifty four left fielder who with Gus Bell, Dave's grandfather, I think and Wally post of Saint Henry, Ohio in rightfield. The three of them almost all got one hundred RBIs that fifty four year was mister Grengrass's best year, twenty seven home runs ninety seven RBI. He had been traded to the Reds by the Yankees in nineteen fifty two for Yule Blackwell, whom we mentioned about a year ago on the show. Grengrass died at age ninety one in twenty nineteen. He was living in Georgia, the native state of his wife of sixty five years, the lovely Catherine. So tell your friend in Hendersonville, Gary Jeff, he may have a very famous relative. That's it for this week. Take care of yourselves, folks, Bob.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Steve Lee actually in Tarpin Springs, Florida these days, Ray Scott brother, Ray Scott in Loveland.
Speaker 15: How are you this morning, Gary Jeff, my friend, Good morning to you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 15: Steve is just a gift to keep some giving. I'll tell you what, that guy, I just just lose everything I'm thinking about.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's a walking encyclopedia of the world.
Speaker 15: He really is, and you know, and it hit me too. And he's talking about the Indians. You know, Frank Robinson was the first astoundingly in our lifetime. I'm so, I'm really proud of of pro sports and baseball. You know that they did right that ground and Cleveland Indians had the you know, Frank Robinson came the first black manager in baseball in nineteen seventy five. And that's interesting that Larry Dobye. I knew that, but I forgot that. That's very interesting.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 15: So now you and your old buddy Lee rocking out to the Eagles and Boston and that Boston album. You know, groups put out an album. Man, it might have one hit. You know, that first Boston album did something very rare, like one of the Beatles can do.
Speaker 6: Like every song just.
Speaker 1: Right kills it ray. If you hear iHeartRadio or Sirius XM on a seventies channel or whatever, a classic rock channel, every track on that first Boston album is still being played today, more than almost fifty years later. It's still being played. It's been played a bazillion times, which I was instructed is not actually a word last week, but it's been played over and over and over and people are still listening to it today, which is just amazing.
Speaker 6: It's incredible sound.
Speaker 15: Now, inquiry minds want to know, Gary Chess.
Speaker 1: No one will be listening nothing against Justin Bieber. No one will be listening to Justin Bieber fifty years from now.
Speaker 15: I guarantee you agreed, agreed, But.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what were you going to say? Right real quick?
Speaker 3: You're so was it LP or was it eight trick?
Speaker 15: You guys are rocking out with the WITHEO.
Speaker 1: I think it was an eight track classic, over and over and over. Listen, I really am running short. Is anything else you wanted to absolutely say?
Speaker 15: God, bless your brother, and thank you Brian comes for the great reporting on the Pope. And Brian comebes my anchor man Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: He's the best. God bless your brother.
Speaker 1: I agree, thank you so much. Ray Scott from Loveland, originally from Hendersonville, Tennessee. The Saturday morning edition continues with Steve Schulte, Good morning christ to two point zero. I'll get over this one day, but I am so used to when I know Christa is awake and listening on the forty one filco of saying good morning Brooksy. Of course, our beloved cat dog who passed away a couple of months ago, and I still have the inclination to do it every once in a while the same way that we both look for and when we come home from work or whatever. But anyway, wherever you are in the ether, good morning, Brooksy, and good morning to my friend environmental engineer Steve Shulty. On the morning of the Holy Father's funeral Mass and everything that is going on there with the death of Pope Francis, we're going to do some environmental stuff now, Steve. I will let you know we're not using your intro music because because we won't be able to podcast it if we use the music, because it's not it's license for broadcasts or not for podcast and so this will be available for more listeners later. We're not using it this morning in hopes that this will be edifying for people if they listen to the podcast after the show and cannot tune in this morning. So we just had Earth Day, and you were of course noted famously at the very first Earth Day in nineteen seventy when you were a young, impressionable socialist with a mind full of mush. But a couple of things from the CO two coalition this morning, Steve. First off, an Earth Day reminder that fossil fuels feed the world.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, this first Thursday. CO two Coalition dot org head play after newsletter article Earth Day remembered fossil fuels feed the world.
Speaker 6: Amid birthdays and.
Speaker 3: Passion calls to save the planet for future generations, a disquieting irony emerges. Efforts to eradicate fossil fuels, a lynchpin of modern agricultural systems, risks severing the supply chains that make global food security possible. Right now, Gary jeff Our food supply sustained the population of approximately eight billion, that's a billion with a B, which is increasing to meet the demand. Global production of primary crops grew by wopping fifty six percent between two thousand and twenty twenty two, according to the UN. But how did this happen? And there are many reasons why this has happened, but among them is atmosphere. The atmospheric CO two concentrations have increased, which increases plant production, warming temperatures, and increasing use of fertilizers. Some suggest or even demand, that fertilizer is now helping to feed the planet be eliminated. But if this happens, billions of people will die and we all have a little experiment that happened several years ago. Back in April twenty twenty one, spri Lanka, it's a small island nation off the coast of the India, banned synthetic fertilizers. Food production plummeted, requiring them imparting food instead of exupporting it with huge prices of food. You know, obviously all over. Fortunately it was reversed. Well interesting, Gary Jeff. Nitrogen fertilizers use methane from natural gas, which is the fossil fuel. That's the primary where we get nitrogen. It's just it's part of the chemical process. I'm not going to go into that. But without the methane, synthetic fertilizers are basically possible to be made. Instead of demonizing fossil fuels, we need to celebrate fossil fuels in their critical role and transforming a once poverty strick and civilization into a thriving one that has abundant food and highly efficient energy systems.
Speaker 1: You know what. And sadly, sadly, just because of a lack of paucity of time here, that's that's all we'll have time for this morning. But uh, the simple the simple point is fossil fuels that are so demonized by the climate cultists are necessary for life, period, end of story. And anybody who tells you anything differently is lying to you.
Speaker 3: And so is carbon dioxide carbon delight Without CU two.
Speaker 1: We die exactly. How can they call it a poison when it's necessary? Thank you so much as always, mister Shilty seven twelve at seven hundred w L three rooms for the price of two. That's three. Rocco Costelano is unassignment. Actually you just text me last I said, can't do the show in the morning. But reading from rococostellano dot com, where he regularly posts lots of stuff about health, nutrition and information about medicine that you may not be hearing anywhere else. This is under health optimization at rococostellano dot com. The headline COVID nineteen lies. Has anyone built held accountable? And the answer, of course, the showed answer is no, And he writes many of lives were upended, businesses closed, children masked, isolated, injected, families, divided, rights erased, all under the banner of public health. And now, after everything we've learned, the inconsistencies and reversals, the outright COVID nineteen lies that's under his silence. Follows. The question on every honest American's mind is simple. If there were so many falsehoods about COVID nineteen, why hasn't anyone been charged, fired, or held accountable. He goes that we were told vaccines were safe and effective, that masking toddlers made sense, that natural immunity didn't count, that school closures were necessary, that questioning any of this made you a dangerous conspiracy theorist. I was called that just for pointing this out at the time, because I instantly smelled a rat. Fast forward to twenty twenty five, he writes, and the very people now in power, Donald Mark Mackery, Robert F. Kennedy junior President Donald Trump, have acknowledged the mess. They've admitted mistakes were made. But what have they actually done to make things right. Doctor Mark McCarry, the FDA reformer who was yet to reform. His appointment as FDA Commissioner gave many hope. He's been a critic of COVID era overreach. He knows the science was manipulated. He has spoken boldly against one size fits all policies, but so far, just a few personnel changes, some nice sound bites, a couple of op eds. Still, the FDA hasn't revoked emergency use authorizations for the COVID nineteen shots given to children. Where's the investigation into how the FDA greenlit a barely tested mRNA product for kids. Where's the removal of the COVID nineteen shot from the childhood vaccine schedule? Why is Pfizer still protected from liability? Well, the short answer to that, Roco, is the law that was passed several years ago that insulates vaccine makers from legal liability. But I would say an answer to all of this, and he's absolutely right. We expected change, and we expected honesty and transparency through all this, which we've gotten very little of. But again, so far, it's like people who are griping about the prices of eggs a week after Donald Trump was elected. It's only been a little over one hundred days. Give the administration. It takes a big time to turn a big ship around when it's going the wrong direction. We give it a little bit of time. Rocco, you're so impatient, But he's right. If changes aren't seen soon, then we'll know we were lied to again. Time for the Tom Davis Diaries, I refer to them as the Here is that madman with wild whacking wonderful stories from around the world and around the country. Your reporter Tom.
Speaker 13: Good Morning, Gary Jeff. This week, sniff these armpits. Buy this product. But first, there's a significant chance that the World Dog Surfing Championships in Pacifica, California may be canceled due to rising costs and a shortfall and fundraising. Organizers have seen an increase in expenses and may have to cancel the event if they don't reach their fundraising goal by May first. The event typically draws thousands of spectators. Last year, twenty dogs surfed in front of the crowd. In Scottsville, Kentucky, a man was recently arrested for stealing an electric mobility scooter from a Walmart. Alexander Springer was found riding down Veterans Memorial Highway. It didn't take long for cops to catch the rascal and Alexander.
Speaker 1: He's in jail.
Speaker 13: Also in Kentucky, a woman named Nina Devil's recently led police on a chase. Cops got to call it a nine one one that somebody's driving crazy and then they find her wrecked in a ditch. Okay, so that would have been enough for most of us, but not Nina. She decided to go with the old get this sword out and wave it around. Nina, armed with a Ninja sword, backs the cops down steals their car. Luckily, though she didn't get far. She got about one hundred and twenty miles an hour and crashed again into another ditch. She's also in jail, and finally, heads up, ladies, are you ready to scratch and sniff? There's a hygiene brand called Billy that's set up a giant model of an armpit in New York City that you can walk by and scratch and sniff. The company wants you to experience their new tropical scented cocoa va sense, used to cover embarrassing body odor, and what better way than sniffing a giant armpit. Next week a breakthrough in brewing urine beer coming this fall.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 16: Sunshine later in the day, but overall mostly cloudy, with a high and the low to mid sixties this afternoon. We clear out completely tonight, starting off in the low forties tomorrow, mid sixties and sunny in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: From a severe weather station.
Speaker 16: I'm nine first Warning meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred Wlwport Liam. There's a minute and a half, so now on minute in twenty five, So let's get started. Let's talk about NFL draft choices for the Bengals so far.
Speaker 2: The Bengals drafted in the first round from Mars Stewart, Texas A and m the End. In the second round, they went with Demetrious Night, junior linebacker from South Carolina.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 2: He said in the game you have to hunt, and he has to hunt and feed his family. And in the third round they drafted offensive guard from Georgia, Dylan Fairchild.
Speaker 1: Is he is he hungry too? I hope so.
Speaker 2: But he played with the Marius Mems in college, so maybe there's a little chemistry.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, already on the O line. Fantastic. What about the NBA playoffs?
Speaker 2: The NBA Playoffs yesterday, the Lakers fell to the Timberwolves won sixteen two one oh four. The Bucks beat the Pacers one seventeen to one oh one in the Magic Top The Celtics ninety five ninety three. Four games today, Heat and Cavaliders, Thunder Grizzlies, Nuggets, Clippers and the Rockets and the Warriors.
Speaker 1: FC Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Yeah, f C Cincinnati tied for first in the Eastern Conference. Right now, they are back in action at TQL Stadium against Sporting KC. Pregame coverage begins at two and kickoff is set for two thirty. Catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: The Reds win late last night in Colorado eight to seven. They take the Rockies again today. Rockies worst team in baseball at this point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Inside pitch begins at two ten. First pitch is set for three ten hundred Green on the mound. Catch all that action right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLWS.
Speaker 1: Jim Lebarber, the music professor rock and roll Archaeology, coming up after Mary. Jeff Walker. You are you and that is perfectly fine with me, and we are all together. Cuckoo catchew eight oh eight on a Saturday morning, and it's time for a visit with our friends science Mike. That would mean a science minitor free something.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 17: Usually yes, but as a night scientist surprising all blinded knee Michael, Good morning, How are you today?
Speaker 6: I'm good. I guess you can play my intro music safe and sound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either that or just won't get on the podcast one or the other. It's it's it's either, and I don't think that that violates the use life. I'm not sure nothing's clear anymore. For years, for years we went through and it was no big deal, and then we started to get the emails and the threats and the possibility of being fined four to five thousand dollars per incident. So I'm like, well, I don't have an extra four or five grand twenty eight times a show on Saturday, So I don't no idea. I knew that the music professor's segment wasn't gonna fly. We play whole great swaths of licensed material that aren't licensed for podcasts. I understand. I'm not complaining about it. It is what it is. But for the sake of the show, I like doing the show the way I do the show. And if it doesn't all get on the podcast, oh well sorry, sorry sorry people who couldn't wake up in time to hear the thing when it actually occurred. You know, any anyway, I'm done. Let's let's talk about the subject at hand. What have you got to You got me on thisergies, You got me onto this talent tangent, and now I'm on a soapbox and I can't get off. Help me, Mike, what are you saying? Allergies?
Speaker 6: Peanut allergies? You just said they said spill. Calm down. I'll talk about peanut allergies. And I think two percent of the populations that has a peanut allergy, which is which is amazingly high in my information, but we all know somebody who has it. And obviously they took peanuts off planes because of even the dust can make people have an allergic reaction. And I've seen this magic oral and unotherapy done on children and and and infants. It's where they take small amounts of peanuts in the granular form of flower form and try to build up to your person's immunity. And now they have actually succeeded this in doing this to adults, which is good use for a lot of adults. They can carry around their EpiPen. But that they do. They took a pin of flour, very small amount like point it was point eight milligrams for the first half hour and mixed it with some other food. This is all under strict supervision. By the way, don't don't don't try this another you have a peanut allergy. So they took the eight milligram point eight milligrams and moved it up to if you're successful in that every half hour, they jumped up from one point five to three milligrams, which is really only like a point oh five percent of a whole peanut. And these adults, they once they succeeded in these steps, they actually for two weeks they took this flour peanut flower mix. They consumed it daily to keep their level up, and then after they came back two or three weeks, they bumped up to fifty milligrams in the gram and actually a high percentage of the people two or three weeks later were able to and they do this every week. They consumed three to four actual whole peanuts every week to allow them to not have this. And you know the amino reaction to when they have you know, it chroduced to somebody who gives them a peanut accidentally or whatever for whatever reason for getting near one. And so there's always some good news out there for peanut sufferers. I wouldn't again, I wouldn't do this on your own, but it may be one of those simple solutions instead of getting the alemt gun to shoot their mouths. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know people who can't watch mister Peanut and a TV commercial and they break out in hives. That's terrible, Mike, Thank you very much, And there is hope for sufferers of peanut allergies apparently. Eight twelve at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Overall, a pretty good weekend on tap. We're starting off in the low fifties, but warm to the mid sixties this afternoon, with sunshine coming in late tonight. We drop down to the low forties before we're mainly sunny with the high in the mid sixties tomorrow. From a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Great's Claire forty eight degrees right now. Next update at nine, I'm Brian Colmes Snooze Radio so WLW News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW. Good Morning Kids, Time forgives from Wally the wondering dog. An old, tired looking dog wanders into this guy's yard, and he could tell from the collar and the fact the dog was well fed that he had a home. He had someplace to be. Anyway, the guy goes into the house. The dog follows him into the house down the hall, pops up on his couch and falls asleep. An hour later, the dog wakes up, gets down from the couch, goes to the door, and the old man lets him out. The next day, the dog's back. Same thing. The dog comes in the house, resumes the position on the couch and falls asleep for an hour. This goes on for a couple of weeks. Finally, the old man's curacy pens a note to the dog's collar. It says, every afternoon, your dog comes to my house for a nap. The next day the dog is back with a different note pen to the collar. It reads, he lives in a home with four kids. He's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?
Speaker 11: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio station make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free, new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music, radio and podcast free never sounded so good. News radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Inven toys are back at record levels. Here at Columbia Hunda, we are fully stocked with Santa Fez, Tucsons, and palisades. Looking for a four.
Speaker 1: Well, what's up? You've been pretty immersed in the NFL draft and the Bengals for the last couple of days. How's it going so far?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that sort of depends on your perspective. The Bengals in round one took Shamar Stewart and Edge Rusher from Texas A and M. And so I think you have to ask yourself, am I a traits guy? Or am I am I a production guy? Because if you love physical traits, if you love raw physical ability, raw physical athleticism, raw physical measurables, this is the guy for you had one of the best tests of any defensive end in the history of the NFL scouting combine check every box physically looks the part times ten. If you're a production guy, what you notice is last year at Texas A and M he had just one and a half sacks. Yeah, the year before that at Texas A and M, he had just one and a half sacks. The year before that at Texas A and M, he had just one and a half.
Speaker 1: So it's a trend.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So now I had Shamar Stewart on our show yesterday and he was quick to point out, Hey, I had thirty nine pressures. I led the team in pressures, which means he's getting close to the quarterback, but he's not really finishing. And so the question is, then Al Golden, the Bengals new defensive coordinator, put him in a situation where he can do a better job of finishing. This was going to be a pick at seventeen. Overall, we're no matter who they took. You know, you were gonna say, yeah, but well, you know, yeah, but the player's coming off an injury that would have been Jeehat Campbell, a player that a lot of people talked about maybe coming to Cincinnati, or yeah, but there's the character or maturity concerns, or maybe yeah, but they played at a small school. You were going to have to reconcile yourself with something with Shamar Stewart, you have to reconcile yourself with the fact that just in terms of sacks, and there's lots of ways to measure the effectiveness of an edge rusher, but just in terms of sacks, the production, unfortunately is pretty underwhelming.
Speaker 1: Boy, I tell you what, mo, there were so many times in the last two years I watched the Bengals defense go God, they get so close. How did they not get the guy? And we got another guy who gets close? Great? Uh? What about the second what about the second rounder Demetrius Knight Junior?
Speaker 3: Well, so it's interesting. There are two draft guides that I like to use for you know, my own show, for research for background, I use the Dame Brugler Beast, which is this over five hundred and fifty page voluminous draft guide that they go in great detail with every player. There's also the Our Lads NFL Scout or NFL Draft Guide, which has been around forever. Dame Brugler's Draft guide has Demetrius Knight as a third or fourth round pick. The Our Lads Scouting book as Demetrius Knight as the best linebacker in the draft and a first round pick. Again, this is pretty subjective, I think, though the consensus among everything that I've read would suggest that Demetrius Knight solves a need, which is a genuine run stuffing linebacker, sort of the old school linebacker that can come up and support against the run. But many believe he has all the tools to be kind of a complete every down linebacker, the perfect compliment to Logan Wilson. I think the way to judge Dimitrius to Night is not so much on what he brings to the table. It's why him instead of the guard that a lot of us talked about the Bengals taking with the forty nine pick Tate Ratliche Obviously they would take a guard later on in round three, or a safety that a lot of people talk about the Bengals may be taking in Danger Woods from Notre Dame. But Dimitrius Knight brings. You talk about physicality and you talk about production. It's interesting you played at three different schools, was recently at South Carolina. In terms of just what he brings to the table, he solves the need the Bengals need a player like him. I think the question is did they meet that more what Demitrius Knight brings to the table, or shouldn't they have prioritized maybe guard in the draft a little bit earlier because there was one there that a lot of people thought it was going to come to Cincinnati, and that was Tate Ratlins.
Speaker 1: What about the offensive lineman the Bengals did pick up in the third round, though, Oh.
Speaker 3: I'll give a lot of credit to Kelsey Conway. Kelsey covers the Bengals for the Cincinnati Enquirer and she did a three round mock draft the day before the draft, and she had the Bengals taking Dylan Fairchild. And I gotta be honest with you, that was the first one of those exercises where I saw him coming to Cincinnati and I even kind of scratched my head and asked her about him, and she essentually told me, as she put in her piece, he is what the Bengals are looking for. He is big, He's played with Amarus vim in college and should be able to step in and at least compete to be the starting guard Week one. You can never go wrong prioritizing your offensive line when Joe Burrow is your quarterback. And so what you hope is is this is the type of player that can help them build any lead offensive line, because the only way you're going to do that is in the draft. I don't know if this guy is going to be able to do that. But I'll give Kelsey credit. She saw this coming before a lot of people did, and for good reason. And I think they're really happy with him there, And go back to why they took Demetrius Knight in round two. They obviously felt pretty good about their ability to get a guard that they were connected to in round three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this has obviously been a constant need for the Bengals, especially since the ascension of Joe Burrow and the need to protect him. Indeed, in the rounds ahead, are there any gems left for the Bengals that can really help? Do you think?
Speaker 3: Well? I think what's going to be interesting is what they do at running backs, because they're most believed they're going to take one and they've had a busy offseason at running back bringing back to themaj at Ryan. We found out this week that Zach Moss is going to come back a neck injury has uh, you know, been cleared. But I think there are some really interesting players there. You're gonna hear the name Cam Scataboo, Tam Skataboo, and what a great player. I think evaluators are really split on how effective he's going to be at the next level. But I'm interested in what they do at running back. I'm interested in what they do at defensive tackle. That's a position that obviously they could address. And you talk about an area where they have been very quiet this offseason. You know, they haven't signed a cornerback in free agency, they haven't signed a safety, and free agency they did not take any player at that position in the first three rounds of the draft. Are they I'm really gonna move forward with basically the same collection of guys they had last year this year? I don't think the answer is yes. But there's a lot of people who thought they might take a safety as early as round one. They haven't taken a safety yet. Does that continue or do they address that position early starting in round four?
Speaker 1: Well, you know a lot of people would say anything would be better than Archaell Hawkins. So I said, that's just me. But mo I wanted to ask, the draft is in Green Bay? Number one? Have you ever been to Green Bay, Wisconsin?
Speaker 3: I have? Twenty seventeen, the Bengals played the Packers in the hottest ever at least on record, hottest ever game at lambeau Field.
Speaker 1: So the Frozen Tundrow not so frozen at Lambo for you. So are you upset that the corporate fathers didn't let you go to Green Bay for the draft on their dime? Is it the wonderful, magnificent place that I've always thought it might be in my mind? Tell me about Green Bay?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll admit to you that all I really saw in Green Bay was lambeau Field because we stayed in Milwaukee. Lambeau Field, though, was a bucket list place to go, and it was everything I thought it would be. It was awesome. And you know, there are certain sports venues that you know, are just sort of destination places where a lot of people go, and the fans in that city they're used to people visiting, and so they tend to be pretty nice. They tend to not be all that bothered when fans of the other team come to town, and the people in Wisconsin cannot have been kinder.
Speaker 6: We saw a great game.
Speaker 3: The Packers won the game in overtime back in twenty seventeen. But I didn't see any other part of Green Bay. But lambeau Field won one hundred percent worth it, especially because it wasn't negative five degrees out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great. I would imagine great teese, great brats, and great beer, all of those, all those being said, So today, what are you doing today? Anything fun I have?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I would categorize it as fun.
Speaker 6: I've got some.
Speaker 3: Stuff to do around my house, but my wife and I have a babysitter, So probably a west Side Bark crawl in store for us later this season.
Speaker 1: No doubt. That's fantastic. Well, I hope you enjoyed that. Any comments on the first rounds of the NBA Playoffs so far, any surprises.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know that there's been a glaring surprise. The Minnesota Timberwolves has certainly taken it to the LA Lakers, taking a two to one lead, blowing them out in Game one. The New York Knicks Detroit Piston series has started to see some bad blood boiled to the surface. Much of that series has been reminiscent of, you know, nineties NBA basketball, and there are some who would say that's a good thing, and some who would say that maybe that's not so much a good thing. I don't know that there's been any surprise. I feel like there are legitimately three teams that you can say can win the whole thing.
Speaker 12: I thought that going into the playoffs. I still feel that way even though they lost last night. Boston, Cleveland and OKC just feel to me, and the records would indicate as much that they are head and shoulders above and beyond everybody else.
Speaker 1: Is there any better place for the Reds to be at this point in the season, if they're going to be on the road than in Colorado playing the hapless Rockies.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess the answer would be yes, if you don't like the weather conditions they played in last night, because it looked pretty miserable. But yeah, you know, I don't know if you and I talked about this last week, but starting on Monday, they went into a stretch, and I guess you could say starting last Friday in Baltimore, they went into a stretch where they played twenty three straight games against teams that at the time had a below five hundred record. Colorado Rockies might be the worst team in baseball. The Reds they've got to clean up against inferior competition, which they did not do in Miami against the Marlins. Yeah, you can rectify that if you sweep this series in Denver, winning last night, one hundred green pitching today and going up against a hapless team that's not good in any phase. The Reds need to sweep this series. They have to take care of business against teams like the Rockies, like the Chicago White Sox, like the Washington Nationals. I would even argue like the Saint Louis Cardinals. They've got a shot. They've got a shot here to make a little bit of a move, and hopefully they could do so. They took a step in the right direction last night.
Speaker 1: All right, moo, enjoy your childless day with the wife. Have fun.
Speaker 5: All right, man, Thanks, you got it.
Speaker 1: Well, Hello, counselor, what's ahead on Saturday midday?
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what it's not as if there isn't something to talk about. The first thing I'm going to talk about in the rant, Gary Jeff, is there's going to be a ballot initiative probably in the fall, to remove qualified immunity, to take it away from cops. And it's not a complicated issue, but I'm going to kind of lay that out.
Speaker 1: It is a bad, bad, bad idea.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you think you have a hard time getting cops people at once to be cops.
Speaker 1: Now, let's see what happens when they know the person with the person's with handcuffs are already in handcuffs to a certain time. There's no such thing as proactive policing anymore.
Speaker 9: And I don't blame them. This is going to put the last nail on the coffin for that. We're going to talk to FOP President Ken Kober about that at ten o'clock or excuse me, eleven o'clock. We're also going to talk about the Wisconsin judge I think I heard you mentioned it earlier who snuck the defendant, the illegal alien, out the back door of her courtroom. And now she's got some federal charges and already the typical libs, the usual suspects are screaming about, oh, how can they do this? You we're not going to get anybody to come to court now.
Speaker 1: If this is you want to talk about a clear obstruction of justice, Oh my goodness, by this officer of the court. This is open and shut man. I mean, I mean, how long have you been in the court system. Have you ever seen anything like this before? Never? Never, never, And you know, honestly, I hope she goes to federal prison. Saturday midday. Mike Allen up next after the show, show at Huddles Back to the Future party at one details It show up seven hundred WLW, Herb Albert and the Tiawan of Rass live at the Tap Theater on