Speaker 1: Now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tim kamk Hi everybody and lookome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: You hope you're well on this Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 2: It's the twenty twenty four National League Championship Series, your Los Angeles Dodgers taking on the New York Mets. After a win in Queens last night, the Dodgers now a two to one series lead of the chance to add to that tonight Game four from City Field. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers first pitch coming up at five toh eight.
Speaker 3: Between then and.
Speaker 2: Now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: David Vassin is gonna go one on one with Walker Buehler. Yes, Walker Buehler, who had a fantastic outing last night in Game three.
Speaker 3: More on that coming up.
Speaker 2: We got your Dodgers magical moment you're otani rewind shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson from Sports to net La in in just a few minutes. We will send it out to the Galpuit Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Last night, Walker Buehler got the start yeah one and six record during the regular season, but ever since San Diego and the zeros he put up against the Padres. He came back out last night and was fantastic. More zeros on the scoreboard from Walker Vieler. Four shutout in each, three hits, six punch outs, including striking out Francisco Lindor with two outs and the bases loaded. In the second inning, the Dodgers jumped out to the yearly two to nothing leave thanks to some miscues by the New York Mets, they led to nothing going to the six and with the Dodgers bullpen cruising, Key Key Hernandez set one.
Speaker 5: Outs, Key k has set as is Garrett another one two pitch here in the top of the six, Hernandez hits it in the air left field. Nimo back on the warning track. He's at the wall.
Speaker 6: This ball is good.
Speaker 7: Kick k Hernandez owns October a two run blast and the Dodgers doubled their lead. It's now Ford to nothing.
Speaker 2: In the sixth Key K Hernandez with the two run home run that is the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality top tier gas for less, and it was Key K's fifteenth postseason home run.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Keiky Hernandez now becoming mister October here in the twenty first century as he helps the Dodgers to a four to nzing lead. The bullpen was cruising as they continued to put up zeros after walker buealer Michael Kopek, Ryan Brazier got out of a cham with the double play ball in the sixth inning.
Speaker 3: Blake Trining got the seventh in the eighth.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers really put out the Mets out of their misery with the breath of fresh air play at the game thanks to show Heo Tani who went deep. Then Max Munsey in the ninth inning really put it out of reach.
Speaker 3: With a blast of rights.
Speaker 5: Monsey gets into a ball high in the air right field. He drops the bat Max Munsey max power into the second deck. There was no doubt off the bat that Max Mounsey was leaving the yard. His third home run of the postseason, his second in as many games, make it eight nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Ah breath of fresh air there for the Dodgers on Max Munsey's solo home run and eight nothing lead for the Dodgers, presented by a Tara Mechanical, the breath of fresh air.
Speaker 3: Moment of the game.
Speaker 2: Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services here in southern California, look no farther than a Tara Mechanical.
Speaker 3: Your trusted partner.
Speaker 2: There more than just a solution, their breath of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your projects. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price. Well, the Dodgers go on and win it last night, eight to no theme, three different home runs for the Dodgers, more zeros on the scoreboard from the Dodger pitchers, including Walker Bueler who went the four shutout. I means Michael Kopek gets the winning relief. Dodgers take a two to one series lead in this best of seven NLCS Game four coming up tonight. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound first pitch at five o eight and with more we head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth as we say good afternoon, Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you Tim Beckett City Field alongside Rick Monday and everybody at New York yesterday was saying, oh, Game three is going to be the coldest of the three nights here in New York. Well, coming to the ballpark tonight, I think they were wrong. Game four feels a little bit more breezy and brisk.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Whoever made that weather report evidently did.
Speaker 6: It wasn't Dallas Rings Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. And as we're looking at it, I mean, the win last night early in the afternoon was coming in from left field. It's it's already changed a couple of directions within the last thirty minutes. Thirty minutes ago blowing in from center now is coming in from left field towards the home plate area. If we didn't really see it effect the fly balls last night, but it could be a little different story in tonight's ballgame. And what a ballgame last night, because all of a sudden, this racous crowd got Stone quiet in a hurry.
Speaker 5: I think you know, it's the biggest stage, and the guys who have experience on this stage showed out last night. In Game three and off the Dodgers take the series.
Speaker 4: Leave.
Speaker 5: That's Walker Bueller on the mound, Keith a Hernandez and Max Montcy at the plate. Those are been three main stays for the Dodgers in the postseason over the last decade or so, and they came through yet again. And what we know is a pivotal Game three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think too in the matter in which they did it in another shutout. You start to look, now the last of five games, Dodgers have four shutouts. That's remarkable, and especially if we break it down a little bit more. Some people talk about as the game regresses, but that in itself is a big story. And then you begin to look at it a little bit closer look than I had this morning. You know, over half of the innings pitched in those four shutouts in the five games have been.
Speaker 3: Covered by the bullpen.
Speaker 4: And yet the bullpend, we can say honestly, has not been quote unquote overworked. It has been kind of assigned a little workload here, a little workload there. Yes they've had a lot of work, but it has not been I think overly worked. High pitch counts.
Speaker 5: It's a much different starting lineup for the Dodgers here for Game four. Freddy Freeman not in there. He was laboring at the end of game number three and Doc said they just wanted to manage the worklow playing three consecutive games, so he is out of the lineup. Gavin Lux is out as well. They're facing a lefty and Jose Kintana, but both Freeman and Lux obviously have not been feeling one hundred percent, so that means Chris Taylor will start at second base. Max Munsey kicks over the first. Andy pot Has comes off the bench to face the lefty in Kingtana, as we well know. But look, I think that shut out another shutout performance. You mentioned Key k and Munsey's performances at the play and show hey kind of breaking through and breaking the game open with that late home run.
Speaker 4: You know, it.
Speaker 5: Distracts from the fact that, you know, the Dodgers have yet to get to Oscar Hernandez going in this series. Mookie Betts has gone cold again here in the postseason. Freddie Freeman obviously is playing herb. So the fact that they have this two to one series lead without their you know, a couple of their big guns, they're not firing on all cylinders. I think that says a lot about this team as a whole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's a balklub too. This had a very good plan there. We commented the first couple of games, Game one in particular, last night a little bit too. The Mets, I don't know what their game plan was. They did not inform us, nor were we to expect it, but they did not seem to have a very good game plan in comparison to what the Dodgers did, who are very very patient. The other part, too, is very briefly, the Dodgers in the in the three games, have been able to accomplish a lot, including twenty two walks. So it's not just that the Mets pitchers haven't found the strike zone. The Dodger hitters they've had a plan and they've been very patient and selective.
Speaker 5: It leads me in to the last point, as we get it back to Tim those twenty two walks. They're facing a pitcher in Kitana. He does not like to throw pitches in the zone, so the Dodgers have to use their patented patients to their advantage. Tonight in Game four, trying to take a three to one series stranglehold here in this LCS.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys, as we get you ready for first pitch from New York. You're counting down, Dodger fans. Get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza chikin the Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear from Walker Buehler as David Vasse will also check in with us throughout the show. We'll time deeper to this great pitching matchup for Game four. But up next you're O Tani Rewind and we'll visit with sports in n LA's Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 3: It's all coming up as we lead you up to Game four.
Speaker 2: Then Actional League Championship Series Dodgers and New York Mets first pitch at five oh eight. I'm sim Katinson's Los Angeles Dodgers audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and match game four the National League Championship Series from New York Yoshanobo Yamamoto and Jose Nkhana.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup. First pitch, coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 5: Rewide as sixteen for his last nineteen with runners in scoring position. That's where Smith is on second. The pitch is hit high in the ear right field, hooking toward the poll and this ball.
Speaker 6: Is fair and gone.
Speaker 7: Show hey Otani unloads a three run home run here on the top of the eighth inning, his second of the postseason. Makes it seven nothing La.
Speaker 2: Show Haltani with an absolute monstrous blast three hundred and ninety seven feet. But that thing got out of there in a hurry. Drives in three. That was only hit of the game. Walt got on base, struck out once. Shoe Heotani now seven for nine with runners in scoring position. He's oer for twenty two though in the postseason with nobody on. So what do they need to do? Make sure there's runners on when he gets up, Oh Tony rewind brought to you by eto In's Oyocha, Japan's number one Green Sea and the tea that Shoeyotani loves and drinks available at your local diso stores, Target and eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it oe n dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston own toys is from City Field. It is Game four the NLCS, and the lineup's a little different tonight.
Speaker 3: Garson.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, Freddie Freeman, No, Gavin Lux and so yes, they are facing a lefty on the mounds. I guess we'll start with the Gavin Knox part of that conversation. And we've seen the season there have been times in which he has been facing a lefty. There have also been times in which they've had someone else in to face a lefty. So part of the part of the decision for not having Lucks out there was just that left on the mound. They feel like he's very good against left you so try to you know, and the splits aren't as strong against righty, so have some guys for a little tough rat bats. But then he also has been dealing with that hip flexer and we saw it when the team was back in La came out of the game. It's been doing a lot of treatment on it, trying to kind of put himself in a good spot. So today was also partly about that. For Gavin Lux just giving him some time to kind of allow that hip flexer to heal a little bit more. It's obviously very cold here. That's a challenge on the body and especially when you are injured. So give him a little bit of time. He is available off the bench if need be. For Freddie Freeman, it's pretty much the same thing. When we saw him last night. There was a play that he made when he was receiving the ball at first base. When he came off the bag, it was pretty awkward. And then he was coming into the dugout from first place. It's a long walk or run or jog, however you want to take it. But you could see on his face he looked pretty ginger and in some pain. So Dave Roberts said that last night he had a conversation with Freddy, called him and he just told him, you know, you're gonna be down today, so that he doesn't have to go through his full, you know, the four hour routine of getting his ankle ready, being warm in a good spot, doing all his swings in the cage and all of that. So just giving him a day to kind of heal that ankle to reset so he can be available for a start tomorrow. And obviously with Freddy, he wants to be out there so badly. But Dave was just saying, you know this, this was truly the right decision. He is dealing with a bad injury, and so they want to keep him ready not only to close out this series, but hopefully for the World Series as well.
Speaker 2: Here so this team seems like they're pretty special in the postseason. Everything's clicking right now. Guys are doing great things. This group, They're doing something good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: I was actually just talking to Michael Kopek and yes, this is his first year in the team and he came over at the trade deadline, but he's had postseason experience, and so I was talking to him, you know, does this October feel different? And he was like, you know what, as much as he wasn't a part of the Dodgers in the years past, he said that he can see that the guys who were here, they're playing with the chip on their shoulders, and you know that is a driving force from how these last few years have ended. We heard Key K He went on National TV talking about how you know, they didn't get the team, the guys who were part of that twenty twenty World Series championship, they didn't get the parade, they didn't get to celebrate with each other like they wanted to. So they're also playing for that as well, and so you're seeing just there's a different edge and hopefully they can keep it going. They obviously set the tone here in New York last night, and so today is going to be an important one to see if they can maintain that because I think something else we've been seeing ish just the out first and then maybe slows down the next day.
Speaker 3: So keeping that consistent, Well, see if they can keep it going tonight.
Speaker 2: Thank you curiously. We'll check out with you after the game. Brought to by Cars for Kids, The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today and your car could be picked up tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Is that easy?
Speaker 2: Donate now Carsfrokids dot Org. That's cars with the case still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup David Vatsego's one on one with Walker, but I'm next we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts lead you up to Game four the NLCS Dodgers and Mets. First pitch in five oh wait, I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Maronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you out to first pitch on this Thursday afternoon. It's the Dodgers and Mets, Game four of the National League Championship Series. Marongo Casino Resorting Spy a Grand Slam for good times. First pitch coming up at five oh eight. Let's head back out to New York and check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 3: Any questions for Dave?
Speaker 6: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 8: First, just how is Freddy doing? I know he's not in the lineup, but just do you have any updates on him today?
Speaker 10: In good spirits, he's just spending, he's obviously ailing, and he's doing everything he can to stay on the field, you know, with the back to back games and you know one tomorrow, just trying to feel kind of make a decision on what puts him in the best position for the games going forward, and just tonight seemed easy. Obviously he wants to be in there, but I think having him not make the start, run out there on and off the field, but be ready for a big spot tonight made made a.
Speaker 6: Lot of sense.
Speaker 8: And then with Gavin Lux, I know he's been dealing with a little bit of that hip flexer here and there. But was today's decision mostly off just facing a lefty on the mound or did yeah?
Speaker 10: I think he was combo. You know, he's had some starts versus left handed pitching. You know, Cantana has been really tough on left He's putting him on the ground, the strikeout raids and stuff like that, So that's one part of it. Also with the leg, just kind of trying to give him an extra day to recover, but also have him available if need be late.
Speaker 3: Are you staying left edd Jack?
Speaker 11: Did you guys decide with Freddy like earlier today or even last night that he wouldn't play or was it after he got here and started going through stuff.
Speaker 10: I reached out last night. I gave a call last night just so he could kind of you know, if we decided to give him today, I wanted him to take full advantage of not when he put his head on the pillow that no, he wasn't going to be in there tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Yeah, did it look like he was laboring a little bit more at the end of last night's game.
Speaker 6: It did, Yeah, it did.
Speaker 10: And it's quite a jaunt from the first base dugout to first base here. But so now I saw it, and it's the right decision.
Speaker 6: Over here on the right.
Speaker 12: Pete press Row, I tap you mentioned last night with his home run, it was important for show Hey to build some confidence. Just how would you sum up or assess his first postseason so far.
Speaker 10: I think he's I think he's performing well. I think I'm excited for him. I think, you know, the moment isn't too big. I think that you've seen other superstars in years past their first postseason, you can see them trying too hard. I don't see that with show Hey. But I will say that that Homer last night I thought was really good to see. I think for him.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to let Service Tit help. You'll be prepared Service Titan dot Com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, well check in with David massays.
Speaker 3: We get you the very latest.
Speaker 2: We lead you up to first bitch from Cityfield in New York Dodgers a Mess game for the NLCS.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Mess from City Field in New York, Game four the National League Championship Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. Coming up, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Stephen and Rickle have the keys to the game. We'll hear from Walker Buehler.
Speaker 3: But for.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Base.
Speaker 3: All right, David.
Speaker 2: Last night, City Field was rocking early on before the Dodgers quieted him down with an eight to nothing win. How's the atmosphere tonight, Oh.
Speaker 13: Late arriving crowd for a late start time. I don't feel the energy tonight as much as I did last night, So you know it, Tim, every game has a different type of energy as far as the fans. Right now, it doesn't feel like a playoff atmosphere here at City Field. And that's another reason why the Dodgers have to score first and really take this stadium out of the game, because last night Key k Hernandez did that when he homered in the sixth inning. You could hear a pin drop here at City Field. So it kind of feels like this crowd is not completely believing in their team that they can beat the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, its choices, fine yours. With the four to half one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this march can only be called the f one fifty. The lineup a little different tonight for Game four DV.
Speaker 13: Yeah, a lot different, and it's really the Freddie Freeman being out of the lineup is the biggest reason why they're going to have Max Munsey at first base. Gavin Lux is out Dave Roberts was planning on both those guys being out of the lineup because Lux is dealing with a hip issue and Freddie obviously was really limping on his right ankle last night in the cold weather. So months he's at first, and Tailor's at second, and Kyk's at third, and Andy Paz is in center field. Now Gavin Lux is available off the bench when the Mets decide to go to their bullpen after the lefty Kintana. But right now, you got a lot of righties in this lineup to try to combat Jose Kntana.
Speaker 2: David, right now, how bad is Freddie Freeman's ankle? Is it that bad that's why he's out of the game or is this a chance to rest him for the rest of this series?
Speaker 3: Where are we at right now with this ankle?
Speaker 13: Well, the good news is tomorrow the temperatures are supposed to be a little bit warmer, around sixty five at first pitch. The last two nights, including tonight with the wind chill blowing in from left field, it's in the forties, Tim, and last night we saw how stiff Freddy's ankle was. Now he has said repeatedly the trainers have assured him that he cannot make the ankle worse by playing on it, but you would have to imagine the cold weather is not doing him any favors. And Dave Roberts was always eyeing this game to give Freddy a night off because of the three in a row here in New York, because of the weather, and because there's a lefty.
Speaker 6: On the mount in Cantana.
Speaker 13: Not that Freddy can't hit lefties, we all know he can, but this was the opportunity Dave Roberts saw to get him off his feet and to have him finish strong in the NLCS.
Speaker 3: All right, dam great stuff. We'll check back in with you in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from Walker Buehler. Yeah, what a night he had last night, four innings, struck out Lindor with a basis load on a just an absolutely nasty curveball. That's coming up in about fifteen minutes, but up next to your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: We're leading you up to Game four the National League Championship Series. It's the Dodgers in New York Mets. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Morongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Game four the National League Championship Series Dodgers and Madsim City Field. The Oshanobu Yamamoto and Jose Kintana the pitching matchup. More on that coming up first pitching five oh eight.
Speaker 4: I without a hot Dog?
Speaker 1: Who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Jobs.
Speaker 2: Go back to nineteen eighty eight, the magical year for the Dodgers, Game four of the NLCS in New York.
Speaker 6: It was a.
Speaker 3: Late game, twelve inning.
Speaker 2: Dodgers needed to win this game to get back in this series, and Kurt Gibson gave him to go ahead home run.
Speaker 9: Gipson hits a high drive, a towering drive to deep right center field, and that one is gone. So he hits a whole run in the twelfth inning after not getting a ball out of the infield all night. Low and as Tim just said, a low ball hitter.
Speaker 1: Against the Sinker ball pitcher.
Speaker 7: That is only the second home run all year off Roger Mcal.
Speaker 13: The other hit got both das of the Cincinnati Ricks, but not as big as this baby.
Speaker 9: And that might be the quietest home run in the history of baseball. There are about nine people clapping.
Speaker 2: Al Michaels and Tim McCarver on the call twelfth inning go ahead home run from Kirk Gibson in Game four of the nineteen eighty eight nlcs' Hofey Magical Moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you could purchase Crave Delicious Coffee hot Dogs only continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check back yil Rick Monday as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Mets. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Mets, Game four of the NLCS. Yoshinobo Yamamoto and Jose Kinkana. The pitching matchup first bitch coming up at five OA. Dodgers Baseball is brought to our friends and Zenhi handcrafted sushi. It is good made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game at Ralph's and other local supermarkets.
Speaker 3: Right near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Rick.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers are feeling very confident they're able to not only win this series, but now after last night, feel like they're in a great position to maybe even close it out tomorrow.
Speaker 4: You know, what was I think very entertaining is the way that Walker Buehler. Oh he went just the four innings and the pitch count was rather high, but he did a high wire act that came out of it in very good shape. When he left the bases loaded and got the Mets out, you could see welcome back, Walker Bueller. Because that's to me, this was the first sign of Walker Buehler saying, look, I'm back. I'm one hundred percent now. The velocity is not what it was at one particular time, doesn't have to be. He made some very good pitches in particular in big spots in the ballpark. I thought it was fitting also that the postgame interview is that Walker went out of his way to really give compliments to will Smith. In fact that he was talking about Will Smith really called a good game. I don't remember seeing Bueller shake off many signs at all in last night's ballgame. They hooked up very very well in obviously a big, big game, And I think really last night, you look at the game, and so first game on the road, the first of three that you're going to be playing in this series, with the series tied at one, all coming in here last night was huge.
Speaker 13: And you heard when key Y Hernandez hit his two run home run Rick, you could hear nothing in this stadium.
Speaker 6: It was completely silent. I could hear keyk down there.
Speaker 4: The only thing that I heard were jaws dropping. Yeah, that was just about it. It became very very silent. How about the fact, you know one thing that gets overlooked, Okay, the Dodgers. Now you look at what they've been able to do in postseason, I mean four shutouts in five games, that's just remarkable. And then something else that Steve and I will talk about a little bit later on during the ballgame is how they've been able to do it. Here's something that I think has been overlooked. You know, the Dodgers in this series, they've had twenty two walks. That tells me a couple of things. A that the Mets pitchers have not executed pitches they'd like to have. But I think more importantly from a Dodgers standpoint, looking at it and trying to analyze, to me, it seems that they've had a very good game plan. They've been able to be patient. And I say that because tonight they're going to have to be patient because if you look at Jose Kintana, one of the things he tries to do, most pitchers are trying to do this, but get ahead early, and the reason is then from that point on he tries to get hitters to expand the strength zone at swing at pitches that are not necessarily strikes and help get themselves out. So that's one of the things. So I looked at the number of walks today that they've had, I mean, twenty two, including seven last night. They had eight in Game two. They had seven walks in Game one. Patient hitters, selected hitters, but still ready to uncork a good swing.
Speaker 13: And the Dodgers have a lot of right handed hitters in there tonight, especially without Freddy Freeman and Gavin Lutz.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know we'll hear more about Freddy Freeman as to go along. But you know, don't give up the score. You know, lefties, and the Dodgers only have a three county edman who's the switch hitter. Lefties have hit two fifty five against Kintana, but they have just six home runs. It's the right handers that have hit fifteen home runs. Yes, more bats right handers against the lefty, but nonetheless it's not quite as high of an average two thirty one the right handers, but many, many more home runs.
Speaker 13: It feels like the Dodgers are very much in control of where they want to be rick at this point in time in the series, because last night Dave Roberts bet on his offense to score more runs and they only used Kopek and Trina in as far as their high leverage relievers go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you look at what this ball club has done. It has been, in my view, really amazing in what's going to be happening. You know, this is an anniversary that touches the manager down to the dugout.
Speaker 3: Oh I know, yeah, Boston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Boston, Yeah, this is you know, this is the anniversary the twentieth I thought it was funny and in his talk with the mediates is no time flies?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right? So was he that night?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 13: He did forever free meals in Boston for Dave Roberts and hopefully in la after they win the World so we'll remember too.
Speaker 4: That's what Lindor has said, that he wants to be on a team that wins the World Series because he wants to be able to come back every ten years and not pay for a meal in any restaurant.
Speaker 13: He goes to, Hey, Tommy Lasorda did that for fifty years.
Speaker 4: He didn't necessarily wait for a world championship either.
Speaker 13: Thanks Rick, we'll check in with you and Steven Nelson a little bit later. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim Gates, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers fans and handsherred listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening.
Speaker 3: To Dodger games in HD.
Speaker 2: It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot org. Still to come. We're gonna hear from Walker Bueller. What a night he had last night? What a second inning getting out of a jam, bases loaded one out, a couple of punchouts, including Francisco Lindor. Dodgers get the game three win last night. We'll hear from Walker Bueller.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 2: Rick will be back with Steven Nelson gets you the keys to the game for leading you up to Dodgers and Mets first pitching five. Oh wait, I'm Tim Kasis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Men's Game four of the NLCS. Yo Chinobo Yamamoto and Jose Cantana the bitching matchup.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five eight.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in all of California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor. It's c HLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vest fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high end tight.
Speaker 13: It's game four of the NLCS, but Game three was the og Dodgers that delivered for them to get a win. It was Keiky Hernandez, it was Max Muncy, and it was Walker Buehler and Walker joins us right now.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot for the time. And how does it feel the day after? Oh?
Speaker 14: Obviously, always excited to win a playoff game, but you know, we're focused on Game four and trying to get get to three to one in the series.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 13: I know everybody's talking about the spin, the curveballs, But the one thing that I thought was the most impressive about what you did last night is how you went exclusively from the stretch after Francisco Lindor's at bat. Is that something that even was in the back of your mind you might need to do when you were warming up.
Speaker 6: No, you never really think about it that way.
Speaker 14: But last time, with the temperature and kind of however they make the mound here, it was just too hard and my right foot moves a pretty decent amount, and the wind up and so the first three pitches of the game, my foot was kind of getting.
Speaker 6: A little squirrely on me.
Speaker 14: So went to the stretch just so we could put it in the same spot every time.
Speaker 6: I know, you know the history of the game.
Speaker 13: I remember one Dodger pitcher that would go out of the stretch whenever he felt like his wind up mechanics were a little bit out of balance, and that was Hideo Nomo. I was thinking, obviously, you go over the head. Maybe you were trying to simplify your delivery.
Speaker 6: No, it was just just because of the weather.
Speaker 14: I've done that on a few occasions, and I have done it if I don't like to lind up, but last time I was just trying to get the foot in kind of the same spot.
Speaker 13: I know you watched the game, obviously, Yamamoto on the mound tonight. What do you feel like he has to do to be able to give the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: At least what you gave them last night? Yeah, you know, I think interesting to go be himself.
Speaker 14: Obviously, you know this track record of success in Japan that he's had and now here. I think as long as he kind of does what he does, he's going to be fine.
Speaker 13: I know I always talk about the guys that have been here for a while, but I don't think it's a coincidence guys like yourself and Key Gay and Munsei, you guys have had a reputation of delivering in big games. How big of an advantage is that for you guys, because I know we always talk about the new shiny guys, but it's the guys that have been here that have been delivering.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I think I think part of it is just that we did come up here and you know, kind of from the jump from my rookie ear, this is kind of what's expected of us is to go and try and win playoffs, series and world series. So you know, very fortunate to have the amount of experience that that we do in the playoffs and and luckily it's kind of paying off for us.
Speaker 13: What is it about Key k I know we always talk about you, but what is it about Kik that seems to click in this month?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a guy that.
Speaker 14: Knows how to create momentum, right, He's not scared of the moment. And you know, the playoffs in particular about momentum and having guys that can create a little bit of a spark. And and I think that starts with with not having fear, and that's something that the KIK for sure doesn't.
Speaker 13: Have Hey, I was telling people the story yesterday. I was on the same bus as you on the way to the ballpark, a wild ride, but you had your headphones on, and usually when you get on you know you'll you'll chat it up a little bit. But it seemed like you were locked in a lot earlier than you usually are.
Speaker 14: Honestly, the buses in New York, particularly the traffic make me a little so I was just trying to keep my stomach together.
Speaker 6: Oh me too.
Speaker 13: If I was gonna hurl, it was coming right on your neck.
Speaker 10: Ye.
Speaker 14: After the festivities postgame last night, at the bus ride today, it was a little rough for me.
Speaker 13: Thanks a lot for the time, Walker, and look, nobody doubts anything that you guys can do and looking forward to a big finish.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it, Dave, We'll see you there.
Speaker 13: He is the man, Walker Buehler. We'll send it back to you in the studio, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Thanks a lot, DV. Walker Buehler was the man last night.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball's brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night. It's group night at shakysan dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers Mets. It's Game four of the NLCS. Up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 2: Season Law Dodgers have met Game four the NLCS. First pitch coming up in five away and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching match up.
Speaker 2: He's in about your Southern California Toyota Dealers turning your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 3: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Jose Kintana, thirty five year old left hander out of Columbia, sinker four seam fastball, curveball change up. Thirteenth season in the Big Leagues White Sox, Cubs, Angels, Giants, Pirates, Cardinals, and now with the metsch made thirty one starts in the regular season ten and ten with a three seventy five, e Erra did now a lot of run in a career best twenty five to two third intings from August thirty first until the fourth inning of his last start.
Speaker 3: It was the longest streak of his career. He's made two.
Speaker 2: Starts in the postseason, six shoutout innings versus the Brewers, then five innings unearn run in his last start in the NLD Sgust of Phillies against the Dodgers. Thirteen career starts ten ten games, three and two with a two oh four e r ray. He faced the Dodgers back on May twenty eighth, six innings, three runs, eight hits and a lost remember. Quintana faced the Dodgers in Game five of the NLCS in twenty seventeen when he was with the Chicago Cubs. The Dodgers touched them up in that game, winning it to advance to the World Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto goes for the Dodgers. Twenty six year old right hander, making his third start of the postseason. Made eighteen starts during the regular season, seven and two of the three e r ray and one hundred and five strikeouts. He had made two starts against the Padres and the DS of course Game five at Dodger Stadium. He's made one previous start against the Mets this year, April nineteenth.
Speaker 3: Six innings, allowed three earned.
Speaker 2: Runs on seven hits while striking out a career high nine batters. Yamamoto Start brought to you by Eto ins Oi oh Cha, Japan's number one Green Tea and the t The showy Otani Loves and drinks available at local Diso Stars, Target, and eto in dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's it o e N dot Com.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Mets for fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 3: Keys to the game our.
Speaker 2: Next of Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Game four the National Legue Championship Series Dodgers and New York Mats. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Jose Cantana. The bitching match up, First bitch coming up in about ten minutes. Dodger fans and Hansher listening and experience by dadloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by La Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot Org. All right, back out to the booth, Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 3: Okay TC.
Speaker 5: Last thing here with MO is all about Yoshinobu Yamamoto. As we sit here right now, this is expected to be the only time the Dodgers use him in this series, and that's whether they, you know, finish it early or it goes the distance. So the Dodgers are hoping and expecting a big one out of him to d.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think ya Momoto has had the benefit of setting and watching this met ball club from an offensive standpoint and kind of getting a pretty good semblance of how to pitch to them. And speaking of the pitching on the flip side very quickly for Quintana, you mentioned earlier he does not like to throw a lot of strikes, and he doesn't, but one of the things he does tries to get ahead early in the count and then from that point on have hitters expand the strength zone. So the Dodgers being selected to begin with as they had been in the series, and then don't expand the strength zone and help out the lefty.
Speaker 5: Keith k Hernandez continues to produce on this big stage. Tim and it all goes back to the twenty seventeen National Championship Series when he did some visualization positive visualization ahead of a certain game that was Game five, and he hit three home runs, the first of which off tonight starter for New York Jose Kintana. That being said, the lefty is last eight starts has a zero point five to seven ERA again a point five to seven ERA four King, We'll see what gives in Game four, the Dodgers trying to go up three to one.
Speaker 3: All right, first pitches.
Speaker 2: Next, Dodgers looking to go up three to one of the best of seven series.
Speaker 3: Jose can Tana takes the mountain.
Speaker 2: Next show, Hey o Tani stepping into the batter's box when we come back Game four and LCS is next. I'm Tim Kaines has been Morocco Casino Dodgers on Deck on Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network