Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo.
Speaker 2: These guys are your favorites, so like say subscribe and rade it.
Speaker 3: Five star and me.
Speaker 1: Just go on Yesterday and listening watching lim always keep its watching. And now you're hosts Cliff Barrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 2: Greetings, Bobo, Greetings are you Cliff. I'm alright, man, spread a little too thin as usual, but this is an exceptionally thin day. I'm headed to Ohio tomorrow morning. I've got a five twenty five or something am flight, which means I have to wake up at two am tonight.
Speaker 4: You must, you must hardly meet anyone new it at the Ohio because it's like the same people every year. It seems like, you know, when you go, it's like you meet like a few of you. But it's like just seeing like little friend the whole time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah it is. Actually, that's part of the reason I like the job so much, is because so many people there I enjoy the company of It's it's like a home game. I guess that's what I call squatch Fest up in Washington because it's only an hour and a half for me. But Ohio's kind of oh, how a big Foot conference is one of those home games, you know, where the regulars show up and we get to hang out. So and of course, you know, the lineup this year is really great too. So it'll be good to see not only the speakers, but some generally old friends like John Wilk for example, Squatcha Chuses is going to be there, and a variety of other good folks in general. But man, just between Colorado last weekend, been home for two or three earth three days and that now going to Ohio and then everything else in between, you know, with the work and the business, and then yeah, there's a lot going on, just a tremendous amount going on at this moment. So and so in one way, it's good that I'm going to Ohio because I can leave some of this behind for a minute. But it's also bad because I have to leave some of this behind for a minute. So so taken care of it right there. Hand basket, Oh yeah, pretty much hell in a hand basket some days, you know.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm going to my hand basket.
Speaker 2: Right. At least I'm enjoying the ride, so they say, at least I'm in John there you are there you are. So. I was in Colorado last week. Maybe ever done that gig, the Estes Park gig I did the first year, Me and Melgrim did it together. Oh nice, it's a good gig, man. I mean it was great. I loved it. Oh yeah, just so beautiful there and the weather was gorgeous. It's like sixty degrees and sunny all day. It wasn't too windy, I was to say.
Speaker 4: When I was out there, I went with Lee and Jen Kirkland from Creepy People. They took me and their son. We cruised out to God if you just got the name. It's an old gold rush town. It's in a long, skinny valley. It's like full of casinos and stuff. It's like a huge terroist area. We went out there was it was totally like the road had just opened because it's been closed because of storms. So we were like it was totally empty out there, Like we were hitting the casinos and buffets and stuff just with no one there.
Speaker 2: Was pretty cool. Nice. Yeah, we didn't do anything like that, but we did go to the Stanley Hotel. You know, did you see that when you're there? Yeah? Yeah, of course. Whatever. It's an old hotel. It's basically what it comes down to. Okay, sure it's haunted or whatever in some rooms, I don't care about that. They've got a cool whiskey place, I guess in there, but you know, looking around, I'm not a whiskey conna sewer. I do like bourbon, but I'm not a conna sewer necessarily. But even I recognized a lot of the labels on there, so I thought that was odd. But yeah, it was old, cool hotel. But at the end of the day, I guess the real hook of it all is that that was the building they used for the internal shots on the shining, so that's kind of neat to go there if they have a bunch of shining stuff. And then of course up on my mountain that I can literally see out my window at this very moment, the Timberline Lodge up there. That's the external shots for the shining. So kind of best of both worlds there. Yeah, good time though, hung out with Maria, had breakfas with her and Lee and Jennifer a couple of times, hung out with Russ. Good to see him as well. Just generally good. Oh oh, here's something that's kind of interesting I'm gonna leave all names out of this, But I believe, I believe, I suspect, I should say, but I believe it. But I also suspect it. I have no proof, I've got no verification or anything like that, But I suspect I met the guy who was in the suit for the Colorado train video. Oh, I suspect. I suspect.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get those guys any props.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't. You know. The thing is, I don't think he was the hoaxer. I think he has a habit of the guy there had that suit, that very you know style suit, which is a commercially available suit. That's one of the things when that came out, I recognize it so well, that's a commercially available suit. But yet these people out there and lots of people who consider themselves bigfoot investigators, which is a scary part because that's one thing for Joe Public to say, yeah, it was like a bigfoot, it was moving, it was bipedal. Maybe it was one, or I believe it was one because I wanted to be one. But for people who prop themselves up, is you know, God's gift to bigfoot research and such saying that that was a real piece of footage when it was a commercially available suit. Yeah, that's a tough one, you know, because I mean Moneymaker said it best. In order to be an expert in bigfoot videos, you have to be an expert in fake bigfoot videos. And of course the easiest way to fake one is getting commercially available suit, you know. I mean, there's been a couple of pretty high profile cases where this thing was a commercially available suit, like the Colorado one. I can name a few others. I won't, but I could name a handful of others that it was clearly a suit you can buy, like on Amazon or something like that, and people bought into it and I don't know, but anyway, Yeah, this guy has a he's into the bigfoot thing. He apparently even I guess, sometimes goes into the National park wearing the suit because there's no.
Speaker 4: Guns, because that's the last place you're going to get shot.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of smart, kind of yeah, I mean, it's a smart way to do it. I wouldn't do in the National Fur. I wouldn't do it anyway, but certainly in the National forest that would be a no go. But just because national parks don't allow guns or you know, if they do, then it's kind of low pro like. It doesn't mean that people don't have them in there.
Speaker 1: They do allow firearms. There's no hunting in national parks, but all national parks are pursuing to state laws as pertains like personal carry.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I don't know if I would be running around in a big any first suit out in the woods. You know, I wouldn't dress up as a deer and do it either exactly. But anyway, Yeah, nice enough guy. And again he didn't necessarily hoax, I don't. I mean now that I met the guy and talked to him for a few minutes, and again I don't even know if he did it. I have no idea if he did it at all, but based on his non answers, I suspect he might be responsible for that. But if this guy's running around just for fun anyway, and some tourists sees them and films them, is that really a hoax? It depends what was your tent on wearing the suit. I think it's just for fun. That's a fun hoax, Yeah, but hoax? Like is that really? Maybe? Maybe it is? I don't know. It's a fine line.
Speaker 4: I think if you're wearing if you go out wearing a big foot suit in the woods for your personal pleasure, that would not be a hoax. But to try to fool someone that classifies it in the hoax realm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure this guy's trying to fool people. I think it's just having fun and hoping that other people have fun seeing a guy in a suit. That's my take on it, you know, And then again, you know, maybe I'm naive. I've been accused of that before. Anyway, I thought that was kind of interesting. But again, I don't even know if that was the guy. I have no idea, no idea at all, but based on his non answers, I suspect it probably was. But again I'm wrong a lot. Who knows, who cares. The real lesson of all that Colorado train hoax thing, anyway, was dear homework. You know, look at these commercial suits and make sure that you're not saying that one of those is real. So yeah, great gig, though, I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so our guests. We couldn't get our guests lined up to this. I guess I was just going to do some Q and A.
Speaker 2: It looks like, yeah, we're going to the make Q and A because we had a difficult time with communication getting this guy lined up, but hopefully we can do that in the next couple of weeks. I think that'll be a real treat for everyone. We won't tell you who it is, but I'll tell you everyone will enjoy this one. I think it's gonna be a lot of fun. Picture like the funnest folks in Bigfoot and having one of those folks on, I think you'd really really enjoy it. But we'll just leave it at that. Yeah, and everybody can guess what that happens to be. But I'm sure albody has a guess already. Yeah, So what are our wonderful listeners wondering out there? Brew it?
Speaker 1: Well, this one, I'm just going to get it out of the way first because it's a it's a pretty tough question.
Speaker 2: It's a real brainbuster. So I'll let you guys handle it as you will.
Speaker 5: Hell II and beyond, I would just like to give a question to you guys. I watch a show called Regular Show, and there's a question in one single episode, who would win in a fight? A robo bigfoot or a two headed dinosaur. I'm going to ask you guys that question, who would win in a fight bigfoot, two headed dinosaur? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Is that robo robo bigfoot? Exactly? It's a robo bigfoot? Well, okay, I thought it was bobo bigfoot or a two headed dinosaur. I think there's a lot of That question begs a lot of questions.
Speaker 4: I think, well I asked that question is the first question that posts in my mind.
Speaker 2: You should we talk about who should have been a fight between.
Speaker 4: A big brown bear and a big bigfoot because we've got some stories on that.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 1: I think you were stumped by that question. Is why you're denigrating it so heavily.
Speaker 2: Dude, dinosaur?
Speaker 4: I mean, dinosaurs were the size of my big toe all the way up, like the biggest thing that ever lived on earth.
Speaker 2: Well, this person doesn't say how big the robo bigfoot was unless you said a real big big foot. Now he said a robo bigfoot, as in robot bigfoot. What about like Mecca Godzilla? Right, I mean that's a pretty big robot. Can you make a big foot that big?
Speaker 1: I think Bobo's job has made him sour to the youth, because I thought he would find that question endearing.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, Bubba's now suffering from the same thing that so many teachers suffer from, but in a different flavor, one aspect of the same problem. One manifestation of the same problem. Is teachers sometimes have a hard time naming their own children because whatever they want to name them, they can think of a student with that name. And I don't grumble. I work with children. Well is this kid's then that?
Speaker 4: Just ask that one Toby? Okay, old Toby.
Speaker 2: Is he sounds very young? Forty three? Not that robo bigfoot or two headed dinosaur. Well, you know what, I'm going to go with robo Bigfoot, assuming that they're approximately the same sizes, no matter how big that is. Whether we're talking about chicken sized dinosaurs, because chickens are dinosaurs after all, or we're talking about house size dinosaurs, and as long as the bigfoot is the same size, I'm going to go with that. Because robots don't feel pain, they're programmed to do whatever they do, and they could be programmed to fight to the finish, et cetera. So I'm going with that. I'm going to say technology over biology, given the same size limits. Do you want even answer, Bobs, do you want even dignify this one with an answer? No? I got it for sure. There you go, Thank you, we have there's robo Bigfoot or robo Bobo right there.
Speaker 1: Classic Well, I like the question, Thank you, Toby, and I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Listening to the podcast. Bobo had a staff meeting today, That's why he's in such a bad mood. I love the bad news. We've got time for that nonsense. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages. So three to six months doesn't seem like a long time right in bigfoot Land. It's not very long because we've been looking for sasquatches for decades and decades and decades. But when you think about what can happen in three to six months, like, what would you do in three to six months, I'm gonna give me six months go squatching squad of course, of course, And how much do you think is going to get done during that time? In squatching you're gonna see one in six months? Probably not, But in three to six months, what you can see if you're not going to see a sasquatch. Is thicker, fuller hair regrown from hymns our sponsor. Hymns not bad for just three to six months.
Speaker 4: What if you start using HYMNS now in six months, just imagine that thick, full.
Speaker 2: Crop up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because Hymns will give you a convenient access to a range of hair loss treatments that work all from the comfort of your couch.
Speaker 4: They make it pretty simple, man. They use real doctors. It's clinically proven ingredients on the use like finesteride and Monoxville.
Speaker 2: And I love that. I had no doctor visits because first of all, doctors. Who wants to go see a doctor? Nothing first doctors. But also you make an appointment now you get in August or something. Forget that. So this process is simple and one online. And I know you have access to the internet because you're listening to us right now.
Speaker 4: You can pick how you want to do it, like chewables, oral spray, serum treatments, whatever, whatever you want. I mean, they can work with you in customersage with your preferences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it could be a one time thing, it could be ongoing care. No insurance is needed at all, and it's all at one low price, and that covers everything from these treatments to the ongoing care if you so choose.
Speaker 4: Well, nonway, I said, the proofson the pudding, and there's hundreds of thousands of subscribers that trust it and you know, give it positive reviews.
Speaker 2: So there you go. There's your pudding, thick hairy pudding. Search your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 4: That's hi ms dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 2: Hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 1: Results vary based on studies of top and oral monoxidil and finasteride. Prescription products required an online consultation with a healthcare provider who will determine if prescription is appropriate. Restrictions apply. See website for full details and important safety information. All right, so let me grab the next voicemail here, Hey.
Speaker 7: Cliff and Bobo, this is Aaron wondering what would be the best way to find some of the old Bigfoot reports slash sightings in my area talking back, you know, as far as maybe even nineteen fifties. That'd be very helpful, thank you.
Speaker 4: I'd say the BFO database and the Bigfoot Mapping Project. That's they've put a bunch of old squat stutings plus new ones like from the BFO database, John Greens database. They put a lot on there, and all those are just a drop in the bucket for how many reports, like how many experiences and suitings there actually is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to add to that John Green's book Apes among Us because he that book was the result of a cross country road trip by John Green and someone else I forget who was with him, and kind of visiting various places throughout the United States that he had received letters from witnesses from and at that time, like in the early seventies, around let's say nineteen seventy, give or take a few years, most of the early researchers didn't think, they didn't necessarily think there were sasquatches anywhere outside the Pacific Northwest. But John Green was getting letters and reports and stuff, so he set out to verify some of these and speak to some witnesses face to face. And that's kind of what that book is. I mean, it's a lot. There's a little bit more, you know. There's a couple chapters about his time in Bluff Creek in the early days and the Pacific Northwest Expedition and what they are and crunching the data and is a pretty primitive computer that he used back in for data analysis. It's a great book and honestly, everybody listening to this podcast should really owned that book anyway. It's kind of one of the books that it is a standard in every library. Every Bigfoot library has this book. Honestly, I'm not exaggerating. If you have any library at all about Bigfoot, that book is in there.
Speaker 1: One of our pigeons and a friend of the podcast, Mike Crachy, just made a digitized version of John Green's database for the web, so it's searchable, but there's also a map feature so you can pull up a map and click report. So I will link that in the show notes. He literally just sent that to me a couple of days ago as he finished it.
Speaker 2: Awesome. That's killer. He's approached Beak for helping out with some of our needs at the NABC as far as databases goes, So we're gonna be talking to him more and more in the next hopefully the next couple of months, once my schedule kind of relaxes a little bit in May, so.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna relax. You're gonna have tons of customers coming in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't have to cover hours. I mean, I'm there three or four days a week anyway, but I won't have to cover hours. That sounds like a good summer to be Cliff. Yeah, it's all right. I've got some cool things planned. They're going to be down in Bluff actually in June. Oh cool. Y'll reach out to you, let you know where and win and all that sort of stuff in case you have any time. I got out with Bart Sunday night.
Speaker 4: He's gonna stop by his way up to Washington.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got to call him back. He's gonna be dropping by on the way back down, I guess. And that's but us right in the middle of things. I'm not so sure if I'll be able to go out for a couple of nights or something, because Melissa's going storm chasing, I guess in the middle of May, and I just can't leave the dog. I could take so cheap. But man, she's getting old.
Speaker 4: I think one of our pigeons is going with her. Yeah, I think so, Suzanne. Yeah, I'm excited for her.
Speaker 2: She's got she's got to be.
Speaker 4: I can just imagine she's gotta be like a kindergartener getting like a Christmas morning present, just so excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's very excited. And you know how part of her charm is that, like, you know what, I always know what she's thinking about because she's talking about it. If she's thinking about it. I have heard so much about tornadoes these last couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: I'll take I'll take a lot of talk about tornadoes over the cat.
Speaker 2: The cat? Do you have a cat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, JUNI, yeah, you remember there was a neighborhood cat beaten up on Judy and Bobo put us on hold one so he could stalk and hunt it with a water gun. But then the water gun was empty.
Speaker 2: Oh I do remember that.
Speaker 6: He's like, hold on you guys, hold you guys, this cat's beating up Junior able to get his ass, and so we waited patiently, and then he was upset that there was no water in the water gun.
Speaker 2: It was an air gun. Huh, Well, all right, shall we go to the next question, then let's do it.
Speaker 8: Hello, my name is Larry. I am a school bus driver here in Northern Indiana, and the students and I were wondering, has there ever been a mass sighting where students and the driver had seen a bigfoot? Or just a regular bus with people in it ever seeing a bigfoot? Thank you, and I'll listen for your answer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there were some famous bigfoot sightings school buses where everyone saw it, But you don't really hear much of that anymore. I don't know, because I haven't heard of one of those in at least ten years.
Speaker 1: Of you guys, Well, there was one famous one I think from Canada, like British Columbia, if I'm not mistaken. But then it turned out to be a guy in a suit. You guys remember that story. I think Green wrote about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to Hindon did a big chapter on that in his book. Actually, yeah, gotcha. Yeah, it turned out to be a hoax, And I think that was one of the turning points for some of the older folks, you know, some of the original bigfoot researchers, to Hinden and Green and those folks and really really scrutinizing everything and thinking everything was a hoax before they even thought it was real. And a lot of times I think that that was one of the things that tipped the scale towards what's the word I'm looking forward, cynicism, So yeah, cynicism. There you go, Thank you.
Speaker 1: There is one story that comes to mind that involved a bus driver that I heard. I didn't hear it directly from the witness, but someone who spoke with the witness. This was at the same casino that we filmed that woods near the casino during that Oklahoma episode with you guys for finding Bigfoot. And there was a bus driver who would bust in a group of people I think from Oklahoma City or somewhere, yeah, to go to the casino, and he had dropped him all off at the front and then drove the bus around the back, which is where that dumpster was that the thing was apparently rating you know, grease trap essentially, And so he was just sitting in the bus by himself while the people gambled and you know, wait until whatever time to pick him up. And he heard his sound and looked up and the thing was standing there looking in the window at him, and apparently it scared the guy so badly because he was basically face to face with it that he got down on the floor and like laid flat, face down on the floor of the bus to hide from it.
Speaker 2: I remember that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, there was one up here on the climate where a school bus driver and kids saw it. Like that was like thirty years ago, like half the school kids saw it. And then god, there's there's been a couple. Oh, our buddy George back in Ohio, his kids saw one from the Remember his kids saw one from the school bus and a bunch of the kids.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I think if I remember the details, and you know, if you know for sure I'm incorrect, let me know, but I remember the details. I think George's kids saw one with George while they're riding in the truck, but the bus was there at the same time. So a whole school bus full of kids saw the same sasquatch that George and his son saw, even though I think George was in his truck. Yeah, and that's the one that George got a number of photographs of at like six hundred yards dude as soti as.
Speaker 4: He told me that he goes it's as good as PG film, And I was like, I saw it. I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: The worst I can't tell you.
Speaker 4: I mean, how many times have you heard is good or better than the PG film. Then you're like where like you did Red Circles the show where it even is?
Speaker 2: Oh? I know, I remember one guy said, I got this picture of one and you can see the fingernails. This every bit as good as the Patterson Gilwan film. And I'll show you, but you got to be sure to you know, you can't show it to anybody else. Blah blah blah, you can't have it. I don't want to, just want to look at it. And it was a complete blob squash. I don't even think anything was in there, but this guy was seeing fingernails and fingers and like, you know, its man. You know. A quick search online came up with one Kentucky, Kentucky bigfoot dot com, Charlie Raymonds's website. He looked into something in two thousand and six where a whole busload of people some of these things. So yeah, a quick Google search will tell you a little bit more about that too, Larry. So, but I don't have any firsthand investigation experiences with say a bus driver or someone from the bus that I can remember.
Speaker 4: I've heard at least a dozen over the years, but I can't think of the specifics.
Speaker 2: I know that are actually speaking of the Colorado train hooks. A little bit earlier, there have been a couple seemingly legit sidings from trains. It's not quite a bus, but you know, kind of like a bus. So maybe maybe something like that too. Absolutely, someday we'll have sightings from spaceships satellites. We get those now. Actually, I mean, how many times if somebody in some weird shadowy looking thing on Google Earth and said, look, it's a bigfoot right there.
Speaker 4: Ground level camera is a little more helpful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a little bit, just a little bit.
Speaker 9: What else I got for Hi, Cliff, Bobo and Matt, thanks for a fantastic program. I love Bigfoot and Beyond. It's my regular Sunday night listening. This is Nigel from Los Angeles, and I have a question for you. With the president's a new directive in terms of opening up national forests for logging.
Speaker 2: Do you think that what sort of impact do you think that I.
Speaker 10: Have on Bigfoot? Do you think we'll see more Bigfoot, we'll hear about more Bigfoot, or we'll see less of Bigfoot. Think there'll be a significant impact on the environment that Bigfoot lives in. And what are your general thoughts on the National Forest being open for such treatment. Thanks again for a wonderful program keeping squatchy.
Speaker 4: Well, they already were open to logging.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The National Forest are managed the Department of Agriculture, which is predicated on, you know, harvesting resources in addition to managing resources. But I would think it would lead to to more signings if logging activity increases, and I do. I've spoken with Nigel several times. Nigel was working on I don't want to give away as work if it's private, but he is. He is working on a book that has a sasquatch theme. We've chatted about it, so I hope that's coming along well for you.
Speaker 6: Nigel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it sounds like that they're opening just more areas to the National Forest. I think I heard a little bit about this, but I'm working really hard not to pay attention to the news lately, so but I think they're just opening more of it. I guess up to half or I don't know. I don't I don't know any of the details, but as far as impacts of logging on sasquatches, I'm not sure it's going to lead to more sightings are not really because sure loggers see these things sometimes, but to be fair, like where there's all this equipment and activity and stuff, the sasquatches don't really hang out in those areas anyway, you know. And I know that you can look at the Jerry Cruse stuff and the road building, but that's a little bit different. Roadbuilding I think is a little bit different than loggers, because Bobbo, you were a logger for a long time. But my impression of these these logging operations that is that they're basically in an area for a week, a couple of days or a week. I don't know. How long does it take to say, log a hillside, Bobo, do you have any idea? It depends.
Speaker 4: It totally depends, like how big the trees are, like what the terrains, like, how steep is it?
Speaker 2: How how brush? You know?
Speaker 4: How like how is it is it full of branches the whole up or is it one of those kind of trees that's more spread out like the branches are for the further separated apart and you're not spending all that time bucking it and you know, if you're just catching a bunch of pecker polls. They think got those you know, those new like clump or whatever ones that come out and just you know, those machines are just fare like twenty trees at once, and the big blade size slices them all off. Like, if you got that stuff on level ground, you can blow through it a couple of days. But if you just have a normal crew, it's hard to I mean because we were pretty I mean when I was logging, we were getting stuff, like we were doing.
Speaker 2: A lot of redwood.
Speaker 4: It was all the ones that were left that were too hard to get in the first place, Like that's why they were still there. Yeah, you're usually there for a few weeks.
Speaker 2: A few weeks, okay, if I was thinking maybe a few days or something. Oh okay, well if it's that long, if it's even a week or two, I think the sasquatches would probably bug out pretty early. And they're so good at not being seen anyway.
Speaker 4: Are you talking forty acres? I mean you're talking forty acres?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Sure, you tell me, I don't know. I don't have any experience in that world, so.
Speaker 4: Sure, Yeah, that's the size we did was forty acre cuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think that sasquatches would probably bug out if all these people are hanging out there all the time. The longer a person is there, the less likely a sasquatch is going to be there, I think, especially if it's a big crew with you know, bulldozers and you know, excavators and all that sort of stuff. Yeah, they'll come by.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they come by the first couple not like you know, like actually slows down the first couple of nights and might come by check it out and then just go to another part of their territory that's not being logged. But I don't think I don't think logging is going to have that big impact on big foot numbers really.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think they adapt so well. Who does about help them in some regard.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean I don't think it's I don't think like when people talk about bigfoot having a big effect on logging, I was like shutting it down. I don't show us the case I would.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I don't think there's very much that very many human human activities that will really affect sasquatches. Sort of paving, I think paving things kind of takes away the joy of them living there for them, but other than that they just okay, they just leave the area for a while. I mean, their territories are large enough they can go a couple miles away and not really be bothered. I know a my area one of my research areas this last year, so they were logging not far away. You could hear them all the time. But we're still finding tracks, just probably not at the actual logging site, is the thing. Of course, I wasn't on the logging site for maybe there were tracks, I don't know. And if you think about the Jerry Cruse stuff, they were pushed a road into a valley that has never had a road before, and so twenty miles up or so, they start finding they start finding footprints in the morning over their freshly graded road. Well, the thing came by during during the night when nobody was there and nobody was working, and just a group of guys and they you know, it passed over the road and then went down to the creek, you know, so it was just like going through the area. They didn't see the thing. Some people there did see the thing, but people in an area would I guess, would increase the number of sightings. So maybe if the loggers are camped nearby or there's more traffic in the area, that would certainly increase sidings. But you know, not by like fifty or something. I would imagine you imagine maybe one or two or three or five a year maybe, But there might be that number anyway that we just don't know about because most people don't talk about their sidings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure, most people don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, but I think that logging over the short term might drive a sass watch out of the area because food and whatever else. Then again, you know, I'm looking back a couple of months ago I started. I walked through a logging area with a couple of my friends. Then we saw it was on a weekend. We saw a lot of deer in there. We saw two herds of deer in there, and their herds were like four or five apiece or something. But so I don't know, maybe it doesn't do anything, but I think afterwards, like as the undergrowth starts regrowing, that certainly would bring back all sorts of prey items, you know, between rabbits and you know, rodents and deer and whatever else, and that would certainly have a positive impact on any predators like sasquatches that might be in the area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as far as fires and that stuff go, would be more. I think fire, Yeah, because elk ton't like to go and burned in areas for a couple of years oufter a fire, So like the elk moving out might effect of sausquatch a little bit, like how were they operate out of it? Probably didn't have the giant effect on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but within five years, I would say all those things would be back. Oh yeah, and after ten years, I think the trees would be high enough to hide in and stuff. Oh yeah, yeah, the forrest kind of reclaims itself pretty quickly. Yeah, for sure. It's amazing what nature will do if you just leave it alone for a while.
Speaker 4: First of all, self conscious about saying for sure, no, for sure, sure.
Speaker 2: Good timing. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: All right, So here is the next voicemail.
Speaker 3: Hey there, Cliff, Matt and Bobo. It's farmer Joni, who has been listening since the beginning. I have a question, especially for Matt. Matt, when the Nawac did Hadrian's Wall. Did they get anything, because to me, that's like insurance that you're not going to get bigfoot pictures or they're gonna stop coming in that circle because just as you said on today's podcast that was released, they know they're they are. So if you could riff a little on Hadrian's Wall, that would be super cool. Thanks you guys. I love listening to you. You guys in West Germer are my go to. Thanks.
Speaker 1: That's very kind of you, Joni, And she has been with us from the beginning because I've seen that name and messages from her a lot, and so she's she's been an og big thing and beyond listener, you know. To make a very long story short, Hadrian's Wall was only up for about two years, and we're talking about two dozen cameras that were in essentially like an overlapping picket line that covered one half of the narrowest portion of a valley. So if you imagine, you know, a long valley that's basically like a ridge and valley system in the Washutaus that's bifurcated by a creek. All the cameras were on one side of the creek from roughly the slope of the mountain to the creek. And again that's just a couple of dozen cameras over a two year period. Now, this valley is tens of thousands of acres, and so effectively we were watching you know, point zero zero zero zero one percent of that valley. Probably insert a lot more zeros there in terms of square footage. And so interestingly, over those two years, I think we got I'd be confident in saying that there were less than ten pictures of coyotes and less than ten coyote individuals pictured. Now I've been down there and I've heard dozens of coyotes in a single night, you know, if I do in Ohioha, and then we activate three different coyote packs, you know, one to the north, one to the east, and one to the west, all calling simultaneously, where you can just hear many many coyotes. So that place is full of coyotes, and yet we barely got any photos of them. There were very few bear photographs, even though we've seen many. One week I was there, I saw ten different individual bears in one week, like ten recognizably different individuals.
Speaker 2: And so the.
Speaker 1: Odds of all of those animals, you know, walking through this relatively small area that was being observed within this twenty four month period, the odds are just really low and they're against you. And then we had disabled the infrared flashes so they wouldn't be detectable at night, banking on daylight photographs, and so of course the camera's triggered every night, and you just don't know what triggered them. Now we could listen to the ones that were set to video to see if there were any sounds in there, but otherwise, like you just don't know what triggered it. So I wasn't too discouraged about that. I think they just needed more time to really cover that value effectively. You'd have to have multiple picket lines, multiple Hadrian's walls. But even if you're just relying on that one, I think you'd need many years of time to have that, you know, one in a million chants of an animal walking through the right place at the right time, during the right lighting condition. So I don't necessarily see it as a failure. But they had to be taken down after two years and relocated, and there were some other technical issues going on, so I don't know what the organization's doing with them now. But hopefully that answers your question there, Joni, yep, all right, let me grab the written questions.
Speaker 2: Bub Well, you know sometimes when that hits the robo Bobo, I can't tell if it's you or not. Does that ever happen to you?
Speaker 1: No, I can make a robo cliff. It will make you feel better.
Speaker 2: I insist, because remember, Bobo, remember that story you told me that one time where you fell asleep in your bed and you're in from your bedroom you can see the ocean, and so you you had a big TV on and you fell asleep in the day or something like that. I think when you woke up that the TV was on, and when you woke up at some point finding Bigfoot was on TV. No, it was Monster Quest. It was on you around with me, okay, well yeah, but I guess you woke up and hearing your own voice, and your first foggy thought was.
Speaker 4: Well, the TV was right in front, Like I had the TV set up right next to my dad, and it was like a pretty big screen and it was like three feet from my face. And I woke up to my voice and then there was my head talking like a giant two foot head talking on screen, and I was, oh, I'm super tired, like I woke me up and yeah, I just remember looking at it going, wait a minute, if that's Bobo?
Speaker 2: Who am I?
Speaker 4: And I was confused for about five seconds, just full of fog, like just totally like it was a weird feeling not knowing who.
Speaker 2: You were, and that doesn't happen to you with the robo Bobo.
Speaker 4: No, well, maybe when I doze off a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of those frequent naps you take during our podcast.
Speaker 4: I almost fell asleep just like five minutes ago.
Speaker 1: I think there was one last time we recorded after Cliff gave like a really detailed answer and Boo just went I started whispering. But then I realized, like, I'm still whispering directly into his ear with headphones on.
Speaker 2: But I was like, I think he's asleep.
Speaker 4: I heard thoughts what woke me up? Well, we do this right in my nap time.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, remember I lamented that people would write in and go, oh, man, I use your podcast to fall asleep, and I was insulted, but I guess if one of the hosts does it.
Speaker 2: Does it as well. But also, this is our podcast for he's a working band and staff meetings. I feel you on staff meetings, Like sometimes the staff meetings would make me feel like yeah, just like shrieking. I get it.
Speaker 4: I was on it too bad. I mean everyone's super cool and stuff, so but yeah, I mean some of the stuff, I'm just like what I'm there to learn. So I enjoy it because I've got plenty to learn and I learned something there every time.
Speaker 2: So that's cool. Good attitude, man, Yeah, a true educator is a learner at the end of the day. See.
Speaker 1: I could build out this robo bobo and send it to you and you could set it to like have an AI prompt to auto respond, So if you ever have to do one of those like zoom or Skype call staff meetings, you could just be absent and this thing will just reply for.
Speaker 2: You can just imagine how that goes. This could make your life better.
Speaker 1: Or you just set it up as an app on your phone when people that you don't want to talk to call, you just pick it.
Speaker 2: Up and just have it go. Yep, classic and stuff. They're a genius. PRU. See this is this is going to be beneficial in many ways. I love it. Well, the first written question, is there in the chat you want to Bob's.
Speaker 4: Sure, Hey, Cliff and Bobo. I love the podcast and I've been listening for about two months now. Oh, this is Ethan Prosser. Yeah, I recognize that name. I was wondering if Bigfoot can recognize a person by their smell like dogs can.
Speaker 2: Keep it squatchy, y'all. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean they seem to recognize people for sure, like they seem to know. Yeah, I mean, like like a lot of animals, they recognize certain people if you're if you're around them enough.
Speaker 2: I think if you had a distinctive enough smell, they certainly would. But as far as but here's the thing, Ethan specifically says, like dogs can well lill dogs their main sense is smell. They live their life through smell. You know, they could they I've read I think we talked about this a little while ago. But I read a book. It's called Inside of a Dog. I think that was the name of it. When I got Sochi, I got a dog book written by a dog psychologist, which I thought was really interesting. You know, there's such a thing as a dog psychologist, believe it or not. I don't think they put them on the couch and like let them rant about their problems or anything like that, but they study the way like animal cognition works in canines. Essentially, super interesting book. If you have a dog, I strongly recommend you to read a book like this because it really opened up a lot of avenues towards like what my dog soci needs in her life, you know, and like to be happy, and like little ideas like smell walks. You know. They their whole life revolves around their sense of smell. Essentially, they can literally smell time, if that makes any sense. I know how weird that sounds, but what I mean by that is like dogs can sense when their owner is going to be coming home from work. If the owner comes home from work, get about the same time every day based on the smell of the house. Like that, Through the day, the smell of the home changes, you know, and at a certain time when it smells the right way, the dog knows, Oh, this is usually when you know, Cliff comes home or whatever. Like. The relationship that canines have with smell is just completely different than anything we can imagine. So a dog would certainly recognize anybody by smell anybody by smell, But a sasquatch, being a primate, most likely has a very similar similar olfactory system as the rest of the primates, humans included, you know, of all the great apes, humans and gorillas and orangutans and everything else have about the same ability as far as their sense of smell goes. Humans have a little bit worse because we've domesticated ourselves and kind of taken that out of ourselves in a way, but still we're all about the same. A wild human, so to speak, would have the same as a gorilla, say, or a chimpanzee. So a sasquatch can be assumed at this point pretty safely to have about the same. So if you were like a you were a lot of patuli or something like that or or whatever, then yeah, then certainly they'd be able to smell you quite distinctively, and of course they would be able to recognize, oh, that's that one hippie chick or whatever that camps at that spot or whatever it is. I think that that's that's clear. I think that that's a no brainer. And that reminds me of Chris Minior all of our good friends Chris Minier great Bigfoot researcher down in the Eugene area the night he saw his first sasquatch. What he did he used an old factory lure for it. He got a bandana and he soaked it in the cheapest like sort of smelliest after shave he could buy at you know, CVS or Walgreens or wherever he went. What was it called, like Selson blue or something like that, aquavelva. Thank you, I can never remember that, but yeah, and he had just hung that in a tree, and apparently that was enough to bring one in out of curiosity. I think it's a great strategy for somebody who's looking to elicit some interest from these things in the woods is use something that they've never smelled before, just like we often use the sounds that they've never heard before. Use something that they've never smelled before to see if you can bring them in. But again, they don't have the sense of smell as a dog or a bear or a deer. They don't even have the prognathism you know that those other species have, like the elongated snouts. So so the answer ethan is that could they yes, But they don't tend to lean very heavily in my opinion on that sense. Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: Did you have better sense to smell than we do? I mean, like, wow, the humans are like those uncontracted tribes. They use their nose a lot where you see them like picking up stuff in the forest, are always sniffing stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's only a silly humans who've domesticated ourselves in the cities, you know, that have kind of taken that away from ourselves. Civilization. It's a one way street man.
Speaker 1: Should you limit the burdens of central air conditioning and refrigeration?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah it might. You know, like when you hear I wish I lived during pirate times, you know, like people who say stuff like that, and I said, no, you don't got two words, buddy, modern dentistry. You don't want to live there.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a laundry list of modern things that most people would not want to live without.
Speaker 4: Myself included showers, toilets, toilets at flush.
Speaker 1: And they't just go on the street, glasses, contacts, The list goes on.
Speaker 2: Well, this next question is from Tim Bucknall. Hello from Northwest England. Love the show. What is the southern limit of Sasquatch. Do they range in New Mexico. Keep up the good work and best wishes. Yeah, they're in Mexico. Yeah, taking a couple of reports from southern Mexico in fact, and Bobo has stories from Central America.
Speaker 4: Right on the border New Mexico. They're down along the New Skill border, Arizona border. They're Texas. They crow, they keep those mountain ranges, keep going to the south.
Speaker 2: They don't just stop at the border.
Speaker 4: They go down in those areas also.
Speaker 2: I mean, heck, they mean down to South America. So they go as far as south as he'd won.
Speaker 1: Much like mountain lions and you know, grizzlies used to extend down into Mexico. I still think the best compendium available of like Central and South American reports is Ivan Sanderson's book. Ironically, as old as that book is, there's a lot of great information in there about Central and South America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, they go south for sure. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: All right, we got Brian Breading. Hi, guys, love the show. Thank you for not only the variety of guests and topics, but also the willingness to push some guests with deeper factorven questions I've read about the after mouth of the filming of the Passing Human film the cast made, and especially tracking Patti a distance. Did anyone ever backtracker? Surely that could have been just as interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Timm has tried, I believe, if I remember correctly. When Timmas found the site, Roger and Bob's you know, and the horses, all their tracks were everywhere. The Sasquatch's tracks were plainly visible. He cast ten of them in a row, apparently eleven of them. I'm not sure if the last one is in a row or not, but uh, there was some information on that one out there, but ten is the generally accepted number, apparently if I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, he couldn't find where it came out of the woods, like down the hill or anything to that location. But after it was seen, it was very easily tracked for a good distance, I guess, and he apparently tracked it up the creek, you know, up through the bowling alley there. Bob Gimlin commented that he remembered seeing the I think wet footprint on a rock, and he thought it went up this rocky slope, which i've you know, I've seen that most almost certainly it's the same one, the rocky slope going up in the hill. Then Bob Timmis back tracked it, well tracked it afterwards, I guess, after they filmed it to a spot one hundred, one hundred and seventy five yards or if I forget the number on the hill above and where it sat down in the ferns and watched Roger and Bob cast the prints and do whatever they're doing in the aftermath. But as far as it coming down to that location, my memory is telling me that Bob Timmis couldn't find that. So maybe it walked up the creek. There's a lot of different avenues that it could have gotten to that particular location where it was initially seen without leaving any footprints at that location.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't think. I don't think he knew he couldn't find those. I'm pretty sure you're right about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't I believe that's written. I think it's I think it's in Krantz's book, and it was ten days after the fact. Yeah, it was ten days after the fact. But so maybe it was just slinky before it got down and then like once it was observed, like all bets were off and it had to get out of there as quick as possible and dropped, dropped its guard a bit more. Don't know, don't know. That's kind of open for speculation. Might have just walked through the water. Might have been that simple. All right, So here is the final written submission. This last question here comes from Christopher Purdy. I'm a huge fan of the show and all that you guys do. As a fellow misophonia sufferer, I listened with total sympathy to Bobo's account of his auditory frustrations with the candy sucking passenger on his recent flight to Vegas in yesterday's podcast. Do you guys think that there are any noises that unthinking folks in the woods might make that could cause Sasquatch irritation? Oh, that could cause irritation to sasquatches. I think Bobo walked away, and I think we lost Bobo. I think he just I heard him way in the background, way in the background. He just went to take a nap in bed. This time Dory Bob's we got Robo Bobo. Yeah, I think that the presence of human voices would probably bother them kind of a lot, especially once they figured out all these guys are here, they're going to settle in their camping. See, because human voices has been shown to be a deterrent for say, mountain lions. For example. My wife read about that somewhere, so she started listening to podcasts while she goes on her walk throughout the property because we have mountain lions around here quite a bit. So she started playing podcasts out loud, you know, loudly on her phone in order to spook away any you know, cougars in the area. So I think something like that. I'll tell you that this is off. Well, I'm sorry, Bobo. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you about the Sasquatch people talking with their mouthful out in the woods.
Speaker 2: That's what kills them, is that what it is people sucking on candies out in the.
Speaker 4: Woods, chewing gun with her mouth open.
Speaker 1: You know, it did remind me, and I won't imitate the sound because I don't want to further enrage Bobo. But I told the story on the Members podcast. But there were two members of the NAWAC. It was years before I joined the organization, but I heard the story from them, and one of them in particular, that had a long, frightening encounter one night in one of the cabins and the things that surrounded the cabin and were making sounds, and at the end of it, they all started making this sound that was almost like saliva being swished around in their mouths. They said it sounded a kind of like boots in wet mud, you know, that kind of like sticking, slopping, sucking sound, And they were all doing that, and then as they walked away, they continued to do it.
Speaker 8: Weird.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's horrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'd imitate it, but I think Bobo, I think it would trigger Bolo do it, but because I've heard them do it.
Speaker 2: But it's bizarre.
Speaker 1: And then there was another incident where a team member was leaving and on the way out, his car broke down and so he had to get out and walk back to camp by himself to get assistance, and as he was walking, he heard that sound following him in the woods where there's no mud, like something wasn't walking through squishy mud, but it was making that, you know, they always call it colloquial, like this squishing sound, making that sound following, And of course he knew that story, so it kind of freaked him out a little bit. But that's a bizarre, bizarre sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. That's pretty nuts. But they make all sorts of wacky noises.
Speaker 4: Christopher, pretty I share your pain, my man, you know what it's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he actually had a longer question, but I just couldn't fit it all in the chat. But I'll let me find it real quick. So because sorry, folks, there's a limited sort of tech space where I can can put all this stuff in. But he said, train journeys here in the UK provide similar tortured experiences for fellow sufferers. A particular nuisance for me, as fellow travelers who inhale loudly and repeatedly in attempting to clear their nostrils instead of blowing their noses into a handkerchief, I assume they are simply too lazier ill mannered to do so. It really grinds my gears, and I sit there literally wishing their heads would explode.
Speaker 2: That's what I do.
Speaker 4: I always imagine myself shoving a grenade in their mouth and pulling the pin and walking away watching their head explode.
Speaker 1: My goodness. But here's the funny thing. It's like a good friend of mine. I've known him for many years. I give a big shout out to my buddy Kevin and Colorado had texted me, I think it was yesterday morning.
Speaker 11: Because he heard that same episode and he was like, dude, that's so funny that Bobo has a problem with people making those sounds because he's always eating on the Members podcast and I was like, yeah, dude, I know.
Speaker 2: That's Carina's fault. I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of guy. I'm preaching too. Rules for thee.
Speaker 6: But not for me.
Speaker 4: Dude, she has me food.
Speaker 2: What am I going to do? Put a T shirt over it? Like you did with Tony Markle. What's that about?
Speaker 1: People need to go go listen to Bobo's appearance on Tony Merkle's podcast on The Confessionals, because there's a great moment where Bobo dropped a plate of food and Tony's like, I loved that Tony left it into it. I gave him props for it because he said it always too funny to edit out. But this plate of food hits the ground and Tony. Tony's like, oh, do you need a second to clean up, but was like, no, let me just put a shirt over it so Carena won't see it when she comes in.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's my boy. Tony's great.
Speaker 4: I told you they go when I said, you want to hear it? Like you can listen to our podcast all the time, I said, if you want to hear the best Bobo interview, it was Tony Merkle.
Speaker 2: It is a pretty good one. Yeah, covered all the bases. I hear a freaking ice cream truck, Hold on there and get one. You get an ice cream?
Speaker 4: Well, what's your guys go to? If one pulls up? If an ice cream truck pulls up, what's your go to ice cream?
Speaker 2: I don't know if they have it in a truck because I haven't seen an ice cream truck in forever.
Speaker 1: But I'm a big fan of pistachio, big fan of anything peanut butter.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: I meant like, not like scooped ice cream like our guy had, like ice cream sandwiches, strawberry shortcake, those orange sickle things that's white on the inside and the orange on the outside.
Speaker 12: Bomb pops. Yeah, bomb pops so good. I do like an ice cream sandwich. I like the straight up vanilla with the chocolate shell. Those ice cream bars, those are kind of hard to beat.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's it. Those are awesome. Those are the bus You know. I did a government project in high school when I was a senior and it was a video and one of the questions we asked in the video for government class is what would you do for a klondike bar. We went on the street and interviewed strangers and had them do dumb stuff on camera. I can't believe I got an A on that project. Well, is that it is? That?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 2: What we're doing today? Is that it?
Speaker 1: I think that's it for the written submissions for the may Q and A. So keep those voicemails coming in especially. We love the voicemails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of fun to hear all these people. We got a lot of questions from like what the UK, I mean according to the accents and the written submissions and Toby, that was a good question.
Speaker 1: I'm suffering from guilt over this and it hasn't even been released yet.
Speaker 2: I just feels so bad you're thinking, how am I going to edit this to not hurt a child's feelings? Exactly? Oh, kids, got tough enough? Do you have an answer for him yet? So bobo, robo bigfoot or two headed dinosaur? Who is it? Yes? You have to answer. You have to yo what to this kid? Man?
Speaker 4: Tell me about the new question? Kid, I'll answer that one.
Speaker 2: You refuse to answer, yep, I bet it's because you just don't know. You just don't know. You don't know who you'd root for, You don't know how you feel about it. You want to put yourself in some you know, you want to say anything on a podcast that'll, you know, brand you forever a lover or a hater of two headed dinosaurs or robotic bigfoots.
Speaker 4: I don't mind being known as a hater of robotic.
Speaker 2: Bigfoots, just not two headed dinosaurs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, Jesus, come on, no one's got time for this.
Speaker 2: This is okay. I encourage all our listeners to get their child to ask us some sort of question that Boba will find deeply insulting. Exactly because I kind of like this, know what the kids would, but I think I kind of like this well, shall we address the questions of the general pigeonry? Yeah, all right, do it?
Speaker 4: Stay strong, Chris Purty a little encouragement, so I guess we're done. Yeah, all right, folks, on's another episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. Thanks for tuning in, like hick share, give us a good review, five stars and all that. We appreciate it, and we're gonna go over to our Patreon section now where you can sign up and get another hour each week and a little more. It's fairly friendly, but a little more risk skye, i'd say in the normal episode, but come check it out. It's five bucks a month. So until next week, y'all, keep it squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an n in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.