Speaker 1: This is the Startup still same podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you for tuning in, Give us a paper like some surcrive on YouTube or LinkedIn and be sure to give us your feedback.
Speaker 1: Hope you enjoyed this episode.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, this is Anthony Prakash. Welcome to another new episode of Startups. They'll say, thanks for joining us on this brand new episode. I'm privileged today to have Venka Chindaru from the arcadis Ibi group. VENKTT and I have known each other for the last twelve to almost fourteen months. I would say I met him last year in Bangalore and he and I have talked about several things which we'll talk about on this podcast. And he keeps doing a lot of fun stuff in the world of mobility transportation and alongside that a lot of innovation in that space. So Venkat, first of all, welcome to the show. Thanks for joining us at six am India time from Bangalore.
Speaker 3: Thanks thanks, Anthony.
Speaker 1: And then I'm really and also very excited to be part of your podcasts and then to go journey along with you and release some of the moments that we had together in Bangalore and then probably discuss some of the interesting aspects that you.
Speaker 3: Would like to hear from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perfect, thanks Mencot. So first of all, I mean, you know, in coming from the technology background myself, I don't run into a lot of people who are involved in say what we do on a daily basis, you know, drive on the street, figure out, look at transportation signals, traffic lights and things like that. And when I saw your session the first time, I mean I was blown away by the amount of technology that actually goes into that, the amount of work that goes into that. Then we also heard from the Assistant Commissioner of Police and Bangalore ask you how much technology they utilize. I mean, and in a lot of ways in tandem working with you guys. So maybe when I start with your college career, right, I mean, I see that you did civil engineering in your bachelor's program, but you shifted from civil engineering and did transportation systems as your masters, I mean, out of everything that is out there, what made you transportation engineer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when we studied civil engineering in our graduation, I think transportation was also part of so but what excited me was when I actually went to i T Bombay for after my m tech Gate qualification for an interview, and then I happened to meet and who happened to be my guide and my mentor and the philosopher subsequently, and the work that he's doing and and the projects that they're doing had impressed me a lot and excited me a lot as a student at that stage. And then I've been offered a special m tech under research program, so and then that that's one of the best things that actually happened, I believe at that time.
Speaker 3: And he actually took me through.
Speaker 1: The exciting things that they're doing in terms of in the city of Mumbai, how they are actually trying to work on large infra projects, how they're doing modeling, and that usually excites any student at that time. And in fact, I went to id Bombay to get an mp tech into structural engineering, which was a fascination.
Speaker 3: At that point in time.
Speaker 1: But when I heard and then I'm completely strayed away by my professor and then that's how it all happened, and I never looked back. I think that decision was the decisions I feel I took it at any point in time in my.
Speaker 2: Life that is perfect and I still remember the days. You know, I actually come from a mechanical engineering background, myself, but I've done nothing related to mechanical engineering in my career. The only computer science lab we used to have was AutoCAD, right, and we used to I mean, and of course we used to have all those drawing exams with the big scale and things like that, and we did have structural engineering as well. You're bringing back fond memories of my college career as well. But at the same time, you know, when you look back at your career from where you started to where you are right now, I mean, technology has made massive strides from you know, what you potentially thought could be solved and then of course the problems becoming much bigger and bigger. Can you kind of give us a rundown on what you did after that to what you're doing right now in in arcades?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So when I started with my MP program in I T. Bombay, one of the parallel things that I was expected to do was also to contribute to the research and the projects that the professor is undertaking as part of the institutional work. So I happened to work on some of those projects such as Vali Badrasi Link feasibility studies and Western Freeway projects. There were conventional traffic and modeling studies forecasting the travel demand and u and which is which become the inputs for establishing the feasibility.
Speaker 3: Of large transport infrastructure projects.
Speaker 1: And that has laid the whole foundation for me in terms of the conventional travel demand modeling and traffic studies. But one of the important things that actually sowed the seed at that point in time was the technology side of the story, where we had one of the best computer labs in the institute after Computer science Engineering, and all my friends used to envy us looking at that lab, and then we had all the privileges of actually software hardware to play around with, and that has also builtn a curiosity angle in terms of how we can actually leverage the tech.
Speaker 3: From that point of view.
Speaker 1: So then subsequently, after my m tech at id Bombay, then I moved on to Tata Consultancy Services, where again I was actually part of the management consulting team and not the coding team. Because that I was very clear one of the carrier transition points. Also, what my professor advised me was that not to get into software, but.
Speaker 3: To actually stick to the core and stay through.
Speaker 1: And even when I was actually joining TCS, I was actually part of the management consulting team which was involved with the transportation projects at that point in time. But however those projects were also part of the conventional traffic studies and also part of some of those.
Speaker 3: Technology studies as well. Yeah, so while.
Speaker 1: I was actually doing the masters, one of the things that also happened was I need to work on parallely on a lot of these projects conventional while they are actually mostly conventional traffic modeling and traffic podcasting kind of projects. I also actually had the opportunity to work in tech at that point itself because we actually had one of the best computer labs in the institute I TI Bombay apart from after only after computer science lab and then even my friends you stay and meet a lot. So that's where I got a little exposure to technology, which also always kept me looped in with technology. And while while I was actually doing my masters, I also happened to work in some of the flagship projects like on Liban RASI Link and Freeway Western Freeway feasibility studies. Post my masters, one of the important things also decision points that happened was when most of my almost all my colleagues were actually getting into software that was the boom at that point in time. So my professor actually called my and and said, like, you are not going to be you need to stay through. And then I and he promised me and I showed me that you will never ripent.
Speaker 3: On these decisions.
Speaker 1: And so that's one of the good things that actually happened. And that one of the other things I also saw in my career in my life was also the kind of good mentors who had been always guiding me at right point in time and helping me take those right decisions and sway through some of the challenging times in my life. And once that I actually joined TCS. Though it was it is known for it tech, but in those days they also used to have one specific team called management Consulting Team. They used to work on consulting and advisory studies. So and I will we were focusing more on transportation. And then for almost like three three and half years I was actually with TCS where I worked on both conventional travel demand modeling and other studies. And one of the the Mumbai Metro project that we are seeing today was we were the ones who actually did the enter by Metro master plan. We did total travel demand modeling for the city and then we created that master plan and I'm glad to see those projects are all now coming to reality. And then at TCS, I was also part of some of those tech projects.
Speaker 3: In those days, it used to be called the information technology.
Speaker 1: We studies I STP studies they used to call, and we used to be part of those which are associated with digital. With those days it is actually called technology transit transformation and then today's we call it as a digital to work with Peterwd's government bodies and World Bank projects, so where we used to actually advise them on how the technology transition can which all can be automated, what are all the processes that can be automated. So we used to work on both business process engineering and then the automation side of the story also And one of the last projects that I actually worked with them was also on the Mundraport automation project, so where I was part of the team which was.
Speaker 3: Core Domains as a domain specialist.
Speaker 1: We used to be part of the project where we created that Technology transformssion plan and subsequently at that time CMS was actually acquired by TCS and then TCS and that was the first joint project of.
Speaker 3: CMC and TCS together.
Speaker 1: So that's how we we had our hands and legs into technology associated with transportation. So what seats that the IT Bombay has laid in terms of not just the conventional transportation projects, but they also gave us the training on systems side of the story as well, So that always kept us in the chase of using technology to actually see how we can make the systems better from the way as to how they can actually show the outcomes.
Speaker 2: Got it, got it?
Speaker 1: And then I actually from there I moved on to Wilba Smith again and I'm a US based MNC where I was actually involved in traffic and transportation studies.
Speaker 3: We did a lot of the Metro.
Speaker 1: I was actually involved in some of those Middle East projects that they were actually doing for creating the transport plans.
Speaker 3: And then the big change came in when I actually.
Speaker 1: Moved to Bangalore on behalf for joining Gilversmith, but as part of one of our studies, I actually got into bound into GMR where we were making a presentation to them on one of their investment prospective investments bids on highway project. And then they liked us so much and then especially with me. They actually developed a good rappo and then they said like, why don't you join it to be part of the team that we are actually building And.
Speaker 3: That actually made a big change into career transition.
Speaker 1: That actually happened, and of course GMR I never looked back again for ten years. How the time passed and then how we got engaged with the technology and the operations and traffic studies and all that. And GMA gave me a big, good platform to explore my passion in terms of what are the seats that were sown while I While I studied a lot of its intelligent transport systems in I T and then subsequently the kind of base work that we did in TCS, so all that we were actually able to curate those for infra projects in GMR, and I grew a lot both.
Speaker 3: Professionally and as well as career wise.
Speaker 1: I had I had seen a very steep growth in GMR and also was able to build a lot of.
Speaker 3: Relationships.
Speaker 1: We made a lot of friends, we made a lot of partnerships and into diverse areas. I think it's not just only about infra, and actually I remember we were also exploring auxiliary revenue models for highways, and then we actually had collaboration with HMS Hosts, which actually runs the chain of hotels and restaurants and travel accessories across transport by airports or roads, and those were wonderful times. And we all were also looking with collaborations with international global companies and then we get an opportunity to travel. That was one of the best things that GMR gave us as a platform to go explore, learn and then come back and see how we contribute back into the organization and the projects.
Speaker 3: So I think that was that was with GMR.
Speaker 1: And then subsequently GMR was actually moving on its operations from Lockstock Barrel from Bangalore to Delhi, and that's when again the question mark came in because I was I wasn't in a more to move away from Bangalore.
Speaker 3: So with my son just got in into got into schooling.
Speaker 1: And and we never wanted to move to Delhi. So I tried exploring running between the cities, but it was a bit challenging.
Speaker 3: So that's when I said, like, I want to move on.
Speaker 1: So though it was a very one of the very very difficult and challenging decisions that I had to take, again, I went back to my mentors and then took their advice and then accordingly I moved on. And then that's when actually I didn't have even a one day break. I actually immediately joined a startup in Bangalore called Introwate and that's again focused on technology solutions for especially the transportation related problems. And there while I worked on by already an existing known domain of management systems and traffic management systems. One of the interesting things that we also designed a solution was to actually for the continent tracking project with NEC who were actually tied up with the National now we call it as a National Industrial Corridor Development Corporation, so for how.
Speaker 3: To improve the ease of doing business right.
Speaker 1: So and this continent tracking container lock up was actually causing a big bottleneck for improving the efficiencies in the system. So that problem statement has actually was put thrown at us as to how we can actually design a system which can track. And that's when we designed an r fight based container tracking system. And now I'm very happy the isihlight that we actually carried out set up and made it a success is now going places with all the ports connected and the logistic databank is actually being built up and it's going very well.
Speaker 3: So I think that's posted that with infrared.
Speaker 1: Then I also subsequently got into IBI, so again there's a story behind why I had to come to IBI. So me and Deepak were studying together in it Bombay. Deepak was part of bachelor's program and then I was actually studying my M tech and taking care of computer labs, so we bumped into each other more often with his guide being common and trying to work on computer lab he was. He came back to India during two thousand and six and he was trying to set up the shop for IBA in India and then that's when we again bumped each other at my professor's place.
Speaker 3: And then he said like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: And then GMR was also looking for toll traffic management solutions for their highways and then I said, why don't we work together?
Speaker 3: So I think that's how we started.
Speaker 1: And fortunately they came on board through a bidding process and that's how the collaboration with IBA started and that was one of the successful projects that actually happened in the industry. So one of the flagship projects, I should say in terms of toll and traffic management systems. Along gm R highways and when deeper came to know that I moved on from GMR and then didn't even tell them, so they were also a little taken awack and said like we wanted you to be on our side rather than going around with other things. But then I have already committed here. So that's when the infrawd. When also after these projects, there was some sort of a shakeup happening in because being a startup is a startup, shake ups keep happening. So there was change of ownership that was actually happening, and then I said like, okay, no, I think it's not something.
Speaker 3: For so then I moved on to IBI. So and it's.
Speaker 1: Eight year, eight year completed, nine year running for me again in ib I and two years back after this took over, and then this is where we are with all the beautiful projects that we're into and that that's where yeah, today, I think this is the timeline.
Speaker 2: Incredible. Ven I mean, first of all, I mean i'm asked I would say you're lucky. I mean partly you've created your luck because you are pursuing your passion right from you know, the the school days, if you will, right from I t too right now, you know you could have fallen preyed, like you said yourself to the software boom or you know why do k which was there? And you know it didn't matter in India, right, what mechanical, what engineer didn't matter. You always became a software engineer, right, So good to see that you didn't fall prey to that. See you on that. And then I mean, you know a lot of impact that you've created along the way, which we can probably talk about. So the part I want to ask you next, Venkatis. I mean, obviously this is a space where you know, twenty years ago you don't see the type of I mean much like any other industry perhaps, but I mean at what scale do you think you know things have changed or innovation has come through in your world compared to say the rest of the world, right, I mean when you look at software or a software engineer if you will, I mean, you know, every other month or something, there's a new platform coming. I mean you know off laid It is AI and things like that. But if you just look at it through your lens, you know you said you were working on some of the projects in Mumbai even when you started out of college too. Right now, I mean, how do you see innovation or the disruption happening in your world? And then maybe we can pivot to see how the technology overlap is happening as well.
Speaker 1: See, I think the transportation we always India always had that infrastructure deficit, and that's one of the things that was pulling our economy from boom booming. Right But in the late nineties, when the infrastructure boom started and the focus on infrastructure development and investments started coming in, I think the four more focus in this particular sector was most on building the basic blocks of actually concrete or I should say brick and motor activity because there was huge deficit, so the focus was more on building that because only when you actually have an infrastructure, that's when equality infrastructure, that's when you can actually talk of other things.
Speaker 2: It's more like the backbone of the country.
Speaker 1: The backbone was actually was required, so that was actually being done. A lot of the innovation was actually happening, I don't say technology, but innovation was happening on material use, what type of material that we should actually be using, and what top of techniques should be used in making it more faster and making it more improving the quality of the infrastructure and.
Speaker 3: Those kinds of things.
Speaker 1: So the innovation was more focused on fast tracking the work and making sure the quality is actually is better, or in terms of how we actually operate that infrastructure and maintain that infrastructure focused subsequently, So the.
Speaker 3: Focus was more on those things.
Speaker 1: But late two thousands, I think that's when the importance of technology then actually started with the because always we actually had the limitation of the space, so we couldn't have actually grown the infrastructure at a pace at which the vehicle ownerships were actually growing or the transportation volumes were actually growing, so whether it's people or the goods that we're actually talking about, So that's when the emphasis actually came on, how do we manage the infrastructure in a much more efficient way to make sure that it would cater to the growing needs of the society or the economy as a whole. So that's when slowly the technology started penetrating into it. But I can always say that that has been a slow adoption in this particular industry, whether we actually call it as a toll or traffic management, or whether signaling systems. Even today you can actually see a city like Bangalore today actually out of its five hundred plus junctions, we are only talking of an adaptive solution traffic management. So in just about a year back we started deploying right. Yeah, So the adoption of technology has actually been very very slow and uh and uh uh primarily driven by the funding constraints that and and the and the I should actually say the education or understanding of the bureaucracy uh side of the story. So there like for example Stranache and he understands technology and its importance and then he's driving it saying that yes, we need to drive you capitalize the potential of technology while we continue to do what we're doing. Right, So that particular aspect was also missing. And with with the new age bureaucrats coming in, that passion for using technology is also growing. And then once the best part about India is that once it only takes a time for it to adopted. Once they adopted, the scale of the speed of adoption is like a yeah, yes.
Speaker 3: It's like autistics.
Speaker 1: So that's how we've actually seen even whether we talk about fast tag RFDI bays, fast tag tolling and I remember in GMR we were the first to actually use RFID to solve one of our burning problems of buses not being paid. So we need to track how many buses were going through which were not paying. So we said, like we will use RFIs the technology for tracking, and then that becomes a basis for tolling.
Speaker 3: We never imagine. And then that adoption of RAFID was was a game changer.
Speaker 1: With Nonlekani Committee recommendations and then adoption of that and then with the push that the government gave in the recent past were it actually transitioned from fifteen percent penetration to a ninety eight percent penetration. It's beautiful and it's amazing. And technology adoption in India has been at a very fast pace. So that's how it has actually happened. In the transportation, the ITS we actually call it the Intelligent Transport systems for the technology side of the whole story of transportation. The adopt the growth of ITS has actually been in the last one decade, I should say it has actually grown substantially and with the growth of the industry, especially the hardware side, whether it call it the cameras or scanners or radars or R readers. So although adoption has actually started growing up and every department is actually thinking of how they can actually capitalize or how they can actually adopt technology to improve their operational efficiencies.
Speaker 2: It thank you for that. I mean, one of the points you mentioned was going to be my next pivot. So you mentioned bureaucracy. Obviously that that comes in because I mean, in your world, you I mean, you cannot avoid the fact that you have to work with the public sector, the government, and it's a massive collaboration for everything to come to light. Right, So how would you say that has kind of evolved over the years. I mean, obviously to your point, you know, in the late nineteen nineties and in the last ten years, I mean, the infrastructure boom. You can visibly see it, right, whether it's the airports or as they call it, the whole Golden Quadilateral in terms of you know, all the highways and the more highways coming up, or the different city metros that are coming up and things like that. So there needs to be a really good balance between collaborating with the government officials, right, and your private sector to make all these projects to come to life. I mean, so any thought, son, you know how that has kind of gotten better over the years, making your life simple. Any any taught viewpoints from your side banker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So again I should say I've been a bit lucky to having worked with some of the best bureaucrats in the country. While while my I started my career with tel Traffic Comprehensive Traffic Transportation Study, and then the bureaucrats whom I worked with at that point in time were so visionary and at that point and time they were talking of how always aligning, not focusing more on technology alone, but then focusing on how to solve the problem at large, how to actually make transportation and accessible to people, and how to leverage transportation to to make it the economic engine work right. So that was the vision that that that's the kind of vision that they actually had in those days, right. And then slowly when even when I actually worked with say the r fighting the kind of projects that we I talked about and whether in TCAs or whether infrawate.
Speaker 3: Or in GMR.
Speaker 1: So the best part was while they're understanding on technology or deep depth was actually not much, but then they all felt the need for the technology to be there, to actually be leveraged to fast track or to make sure the problem solving happens in a better way, right and and the most innovative way. So I think while while I say this, I also have encountered a couple of bureaucrats who who's lack of understanding or knowledge of technology, they were actually trying to shy away and then keep the technology away from there.
Speaker 3: They pushed back.
Speaker 1: Whenever you go go and then try to discuss some technology intervention which can actually make things better, they say no, no, no, no, please, don't disturb the way is working, and then you continue to do what you're doing. Yeah, so I had, well, you have both sides, but I can always say that the ones who are actually more forthcoming and adopting technology is almost like on a majority today. So and that's why where you can actually see this kind of a boom and India becoming a digital force as well in the globe. So so I think that that's where the whole story is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, I mean, again, based on what you're saying, I think I feel like it's in a much better place than what it was, you know, maybe a decade ago or a couple of decades ago. And that's a testament to the progress that's been made as well. Right, So being in Bangal or a venkt, I mean you obviously, I mean Bangler calls itself the silicon value of India or the Silicon value of the East. I mean with the number of startups, a number of people moving there, you know, all the VC funds there and things like that I've seen in the press as well. I mean, you know, in your current role in arcadis Ibi, you do partner with startups, right, I mean you can obviously innovate internally in your role, but at the same time, I mean you know, in a startup world, I mean you know, those ideas move fast, and there is a plenty of opportunity for you to collaborate with some of those best to breed solutions as well. Right, So how do you go about picking and choosing what you build internally within your team and these are the opportunities for you to collaborate with a startup or collaborate with another partner, how do you make those decisions?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, one of the one of the fundamental principles that you all believed in and was always to actually make sure that we are collaborating both with our customers and also with with our partners. And OEMs and startups, so we very well know that not everything can be done by ourselves, even if we would want to develop that particular competency. Also, we always have that decision making is in terms of how efficient it is for us to and whether to do it internally or whether we actually collaborate with someone else.
Speaker 3: Right, So, our our.
Speaker 1: Main strength is our domain expertise and our ability to actually curate solution, right. So that's that's our strengths as the team, whether it's haartred Is or whether it in tc IS or wherever we were actually working our our that that's the core strength that we used to look at and especially now when we're working as archad is when we're trying to build this solution of AST or whether that traffic management solution adaptive signaling system, or whether we are working in other mining ORISA mining corporation projects that we that we delivered our traffic management on highways that we are actually working on everywhere. I think our strength is actually is curating a solution to solve the problem, right and what ingredients make that solution work. We are not we want to actually collaborate with the external world, and that's where we actually have looked at as the best thing that could actually happen is if the best comes in yeah, right, and then when you stitch this thing together, and and if you're able to focus more on problem solving, on our own core strength, because we believe that when it's not my strength, I.
Speaker 3: Don't need to.
Speaker 1: Start building that and I can liberate on someone else's strength. And who's that's the core of someone else? Right, So keep you keep stick to your core, and then bring the core of others, uh to build the solution and then make it happen.
Speaker 2: I think that's perfect well said, Yeah, well said. And that's a great approach. I mean, and I will stand the test of time as well. Right, So that's awesome. So everybody, uh, you know these days uses some bit of AI, or at least trying to use some bit of AI. How has AI impacted your world? In the world, if say, transportation systems or everything else the plateau of things that arkadis Ibi does.
Speaker 1: Today, No doubt, I think a A has has a great potential. I think it's it's one of the biggest disruptions that could actually be as our generation could have actually seen. And I see transportation getting benefited with AI a lot. But the point here is I think what I'm seeing and is about the more of an abuse of the word AI then and better use So I actually feel like I think it's important.
Speaker 3: That we have.
Speaker 1: Use cases built and developed, and a lot of startups are actually coming in in this space as well, and we should we should actually be able to leverage those startups and collaborations with Academy. I think that's one of the important things that we need to look at when we're actually focusing on these AI and deep tech collaborations.
Speaker 3: So, coming to your point.
Speaker 1: Of impact of AI, I see AI playing a major role in every uh, every transportation segment, and not only in the transportation set, but also in every stage of.
Speaker 3: The life cycle of the transportation project.
Speaker 1: Right whether it's actually playing a big role in design, it's playing a big role in development, or in terms of construction stage, it's going to play a big role in operations.
Speaker 3: And maintenance as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So at all the phases, I actually see AI having a big role to play. And apart from that, even the digital twin I would like to bring that also into play that that also is going to be one of the big things that that's going to disrupt the industry.
Speaker 2: You can simulate almost anything and everything, and yeah, yeah, perfect. So record, we've come to a section which we're going to call the they'll say question, and I'm going to ask you five questions and you can give a super short answer and we can move on to the next question. If you'd like to elaborate, feel free. So you already, I mean, I think I know the answer to the first question. I'm going to ask you who's your role model or your inspiration. I think you're going to say somebody from your I T days, But if it's not, that's okay. But any any inspiration you have in your career venkor Yeah, I think one of.
Speaker 1: The great inspirations that I actually had. Of course processing there has always been my mentor and he has guided me although and he continues to guide me.
Speaker 3: So from a professional point of view, I actually take.
Speaker 1: Mister Streeter and as as a role model in terms of as a karma yogi what what we called him, and the kind of contributions that he has become a metro man having a single minded focus of actually solving the problem in terms of and making sure building an institution which actually lasts longer and beyond beyond an individual and beyond a time. Right, So I think that's where I admire him. And he's professionally, he's my role model. I always looked upon to his life to draw some lessons for myself.
Speaker 2: That is great. So the next one is any favorite book or a documentary that you have that you keep going back to for inspiration.
Speaker 3: I again here, I have two points. I always been.
Speaker 1: Reading from my childhood days right from my and then more than I don't see it as a religious book, but as a as a text which actually has always inspired me every time I read something, and then it actually contextualizes and gives me solution. While I see this as a as a book that I can actually go back all the times on a contemporary And I happened to read the book called The Professional based Brother Bakshi uh And and I really admire that book and I enjoy that book. And that's one book that i've actually i'm not and I give that to as many of them, both to my customers and to my team members all the times. And that's been one of the wonderful books that I've read and have candidly expressed a lot of those dilemmas that a professional would actually come across in his or her careers and then provide some best guidance.
Speaker 2: So thank you. I've not read that book myself, so I will I will look.
Speaker 3: Probably I would give.
Speaker 2: Let me see next. So on the same lines as the first two. I mean, what's what's the I mean say, I would say you obviously get advice, But I mean if somebody day one in their careers or year one in their careers, creditor, respective of which career they are in, what is one piece of advice you would give them.
Speaker 1: I think one of the things that I keep I keep telling the youth and young whenever I go to colleges and other places.
Speaker 3: Is actually to be staying socially relevant.
Speaker 1: So in whichever the tech, whichever the domain that you are, I think what is important is to actually stay socially and relevant because that's what is going to stay forever.
Speaker 3: I think, whether you are.
Speaker 1: Solving a community problem, or a transportation problem, or a climate problem or whatsoever, I think, as long as you are actually solving and staying relevant socially and trying to solve the problem of a community. So that's where I think we will have a long way to go and we will be sustainable for a longer period of time, and that would actually help you to build a career for oneself.
Speaker 3: I think that advice that I would like.
Speaker 2: To keep, yeah, beautifully said. And in your career, I mean, you've obviously achieved a lot of things already. There's a one many more great things ahead if you want. But I mean, what's if you were to point out one thing that you're super proud of in your career, any anything that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: So as as I told you so one of the I think there are there are many to that point, and I've always released a lot of these good things that we were actually doing, uh primarily when when we actually started exploring RFID technology per safe for solving the bush tolling problem. So that actually I felt one of the biggest breakthroughs that we actually had to actually how to leverage technology. And same way, I think I would also want to add the current Astrum project that we were actually delivering to Bangalo Traffic Police, actionable intelligence for sustainable traffic management. I think that is one of the things that I feel I will be very if you ask me this question.
Speaker 2: You're basically projecting it for the future.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is one of the breakthroughs that that that I would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see that myself too, because I mean that is such a complex project. I mean, you know the amount of scaling.
Speaker 1: Problem like a traffic condition problem in a city like Bangalow. I always tell that I don't think well be able to solve with a click or with but it's only through a strong collaboration and everybody's involvement and engagement is what is very important. And that's one of the reasons why we are also trying to see how to engage community into this initiative and want to make this from a We have transitioned that slowly from a project to a program. Now from program to a mission. So that's how we are actually looking as should become a mission. Uh leave a part of the name whatever that name is the thing a strategic weapon that we were trying to create for us to solve the problem in the hands of empowering the traffic police.
Speaker 2: So so thanks thanks Francott. I mean I must say every time I come to Bangalore and stop it as a traffic signal and I look at the signal and wait there. I always think it's you, you know, thinking that. I mean, you're doing something to play a big role via arcade IS and work with the Bangloor Traffic Police to complex all those solved problems with AI and all the new technology that you're bringing in. So I learned a ton today, Venkott. I mean, I'm going to look up the book and your inspiration and all of that. It's it's a great learning for me to learn more about you and your journey. So thanks so much for taking the time today, Vankored. I mean, I'm sure we'll meet up in person soon, but for my audience here, thank you for taking the time.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot, Anthony. And then it was pleasure talking to you. I think you've made me to time travel back and having some pleasant memories from my life. So thanks for that time. And then I hope you've got what you wanted from the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I mean, you know, this is this is what this podcast is all about, you know, learning from people like you and uh, you know, try to replicate some of your learning. So thanks so much, Ncer, take care, Thank you, thank you so much.