Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: We're live on YouTube right now and the iHeartRadio app. Let's find out what's up with Nick Pollokini. He joins us in the studio and would all things pickle right about now? I don't know how poorly this is gonna go, but it's I think it's gonna go great. Okay, that's my opinion, but you know.
Speaker 2: Let's let's reset this.
Speaker 3: A couple of weeks ago, we had talked about how certain restaurants were having pickle stuff added to it. I didn't quite understand the appeal, but it's a thing.
Speaker 2: It's a thing.
Speaker 4: So we talked about it, even to the point that last year at Disneyland, at the Blue Ribbon CornDog cart at Downtown Disney, they had a pickle that was hollowed out with a hot dog in it that was a corn dog like they dipped in corn dog batter.
Speaker 2: So it was like all that thing.
Speaker 4: So then you've got Disneyland has knots Berry Farm has all the theme parks have some former affair, and the fair has it which is we're going to talk about tonight because I just opened this past weekend, yep. And then you've got Popeyes and that was last week. I went on a wild pickle chase around the San Fernanda Valley.
Speaker 2: Unsuccessful.
Speaker 4: Unsuccessful, but unfortunately, sir, you're gonna get it alrighty, So what do you have planned? So what I have planned is I want to go through the Popeyes stuff that we talked about before. So Popeyes has several things that are available, and I've talked to Popeyes directly, so this is the most interesting thing. They have a spicy pickle sauce like you would have it like a wings stop, kind of a you know for wings. So that goes on both their chicken sandwich or I guess both on three things. The chicken sandwich, it goes on the boneless wings that goes on their bone in wings. And if you are joining us on YouTube, you'll be able to see it at mister Mokelly right now, I have a whole glamour shot set up for us.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 2: We're going to switch off to just a second. There we go.
Speaker 4: So that's the sandwich that you're seeing right now, and then you have the wings that are boneless that I brought for everybody to try. And what is in those cops there We'll talk about in a second, because that is the most interesting thing they have pickle lemonade, both regular just chilled and then frozen as like Margarita kind of got to.
Speaker 3: See this on YouTube. It's one thing to describe it, it's another thing.
Speaker 2: To see it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, and the thing is you're gonna definitely want to check it out, because I'm gonna have everybody that's here tonight check you try it out and give all you last time I check on the show, so you can try before any of.
Speaker 2: The rest of us do.
Speaker 4: Now, the coolest part about this is that I want to go and if you're joining us on YouTube again at mister Mokelly, you will see two additional things that are happening. You'll see some sandwiches, you'll see some pickles, and you will see some popcorns. So I and this pickle popcorn. This is the joy of radio. So last week, when we were completely unsuccessful of being able to pull in the pickle flavored Pervade goodies from Popeyes, I had a couple of different businesses in Long Beach and the out Bay reach out to me. So the one first one is popin Flavors, which is the popcorn, and they have three pickle flavored popcorns.
Speaker 2: I love all these alliterations.
Speaker 4: It's pickle flavored popcorn. Of all the times that I need a pop it is. It is absolutely so the most popular flavor that popin Flavors in Long Beach has and they will be opening a location in Marino Valley coming up next month.
Speaker 2: So that's very exciting.
Speaker 4: So if you're listening to us in the La County area or in the Inland Empire, you'll be able to try them. But the most popular flavor that they are sold out of so is the spicy dill pickle and the most popular sweet and savory flavor, which is funny. So Danie, if I can get the camera back, oh, I am here. Okay, good, We're good. So the most popular flavor that they have otherwise for sweet is the butter salted caramel. So I'm trying to there we go right there, forget that I have to go left and right.
Speaker 2: See all the things we forget in radio that we don't so this is that.
Speaker 4: And then just for mister mo Kelly, as you are well aware if you're a regular listener to the show, they have a cookies and cream flavor, so that is just form, so that is yours if you choose to share with us, it's great. Probably the thing that's funny is that this pickle craze, I know, we're well aware not to be shady all tea, so you are able to try these things. But then also there's sandwiches there, and those are going to be a peanut butter and pickle sandwich, which is bread and butter, pickles outside horrible at Dilly's in Long Beach, peanut butter and pickle sandwich.
Speaker 2: Sir, and it is delicious.
Speaker 4: It is the most unique savory combo you've ever had, you go, neil see. And then also they're popular ham and cheese with pickles, and then they have a couple of the regular pickles, and then they have their whole assortment of pickles that they make in house at Dilly's. Again, if you are not following mister Mokelly on YouTube and not watching it, you are missing out all of this because this is definitely one of those moments, especially because I'm going to have mo unfortunate for him.
Speaker 2: Try the pickle lemonade.
Speaker 4: So you have a little shot glass in front of you, sir, So here's to you Chin Chin Saloon.
Speaker 2: And now this is okay. It's just pickle flavored lemonade, lemonade.
Speaker 4: It's homemade lemonade, fresh made lemonade with lemons, water and sugar, and then they add pickle brine to it. So they made it fresh. They made it for fresh about two and a half hours ago, just for us.
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 4: It's sweeter than I expected. I thought it was gonna be more of a tart correct and it doesn't. The lemon doesn't come through its strongly. It definitely gives you the bread and butter, the sweeter pickle flavor.
Speaker 3: If you didn't tell me that there was pickle brine in it, I don't think I would have perceived it right.
Speaker 4: And that's what I'm saying. And it's really refreshing. And here's the thing that we were talking about off air as well. The unique thing around pickles is the brine itself, because of the high salt content, is a natural or a more natural electrolyte. So if you're eating pickles and you're eat drinking the Brian in this way, You're getting some of the benefits, not all the chemical benefits and everything else of powerade or a gatorade. But this is the same electrolyte concept that you would get from doing a race or any of those sporting goods.
Speaker 2: But like you got sodium and gatorade.
Speaker 4: So it's funny, like this is a much more interesting and more natural way to consume electrolytes. So I encourage those who are marathoners or whatever to uh maybe consider swapping out your gatorade and your parade for a little bit of lemonade with pickle juice. So but I think the funny part is pickles have been a big part of both sweet and savory culture for years, including the fact and I know a lot of you probably are familiar with a pickleback. So it's a chaser chaser for a shot of liquor. Oh there we go, Sam with.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, no, you go over to a bar for people who have had a little bit too much a drink. You were talking about electrolytes, That right, there is a great way to rehydrate. A lot of bars will have pickle juice as a shot. Yeah, I've never heard that regular shot of liquor, and then you were a chaser would be a shot of the pickles. So okay, so I have my Jack neat.
Speaker 4: Yes, which granted, but here's the problem. If you're gonna have your jack that you would put in coke because you and I are not cheap drums, correct, we both have this He's refined palates when it comes to liquor. So that's what I'm saying that, please don't don't ruin it with pickles.
Speaker 2: Okay's gonna go.
Speaker 4: If we're gonna go and get a jack and coke and you're just getting straight old school Jack Daniels, that's the blend.
Speaker 2: That's what we're talking about, all right.
Speaker 4: So if we're talking about one or two fingers of the good stuff, you know, no, if we're talking about the you know, single barrel or any of that body completely yeah, Jack, you're right, none of that, I mean, unless you're really into the pickle thing. But if you're going to finding a way to cut that really strong burn of Jack Daniels, like burn, I mean, who doesn't, I mean both grows hair on your chest and burns are right off like that's always been my thing. So but yeah, so that's kind of it. So we have all these things. Now we will be trying these on the break. Mark Ronner, We're.
Speaker 2: Not going to do it. You can do it now. You have to do it live. You're the whole.
Speaker 4: You can turn over your right shoulder and you can take any of the items you'd like.
Speaker 2: All right, So during the break we'll get it lined up.
Speaker 3: Oh look at this now, now he's backing out. You hear this, right, I'm gonna do it on air. The whole point is so everyone can it happen right exactly. But the thing is, we're gonna have Sam Z, We're gonna have Mark Ronner. I have important news.
Speaker 2: You do not look you can do.
Speaker 3: The news, but then on the other side of the news, you can bring your half black half white.
Speaker 2: Ass in here.
Speaker 5: I'm quite lusy in here. I can't. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. That's not how this show is. I don't know what you gotta think about it. I didn't bring chip.
Speaker 3: Lan's this time. It's not like he can rs VP regret something. This is not its not that thing. So I have urgent news to cover. Okay, let's get to the urgent breaking news and they come in here.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything. Caf I YouTube Later with Kelly.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI A M six forty.
Speaker 7: What thanks, caf I.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Kelly.
Speaker 3: We're live on YouTube, and I want to emphasize YouTube because you need to see this what we're getting ready to do. But we're still live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app as well. But with the video simulcash, you get to participate and see this taste test that we're conducting. All things Pickle, it's Nickel nicol.
Speaker 2: Rama.
Speaker 4: Not that Gene Mumbloo is listening. My fifth grade teacher who lives in Reno now with her husband Bill. But uh, she had I had the longest nickname in fifth grade, and so uh Pauliochini and Pickle and everything else was involved in it.
Speaker 2: So I have given each of you.
Speaker 4: And I did not have time because I was playing Cocktail server as quickly as needs man.
Speaker 2: I don't use your damn finger with all this radio equipment. I do not eat with my hands. It's fine. I don't have.
Speaker 4: Forks kind of budget I live.
Speaker 2: No, we have forks out there. We can get that.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeahalawalla is busy. Okay, Okay, the savior here is just the forks because I have people skip it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's what I've got in front of you, guys.
Speaker 4: Each of you has a bonus wing with the pickles. The spicy pickle. Yeah, yours is up there, towalla up on the table when you have a second.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then I also have divvied up between the dirty dill and the creamy cucumber dill. And that is what I've got for you. Plus I am going to be the one because I like it. I'm gonna be the one that eats the peanut butter and bread and butter pickles, that one. They're all the same, all right, So we're supposed to what we're gonna do first, whatever you want to do, well here, Tuila, come here, because you haven't tried the pickle, which is pickle popcorn. Both of the popcorns are pickle popcorn. One is dirty and one is creamy cucumber dill. Alright, it's incredible, man, I try this popcorn.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not here. Here's the mic. Okay, let me say this. Go ahead, TWELLI give your.
Speaker 8: This pickle elimonade is better than the first time I got it.
Speaker 2: This is delicious.
Speaker 4: Oh see yeah, And I hate to say this, but Toola has been my partner in crime this whole time. He has already tried everything. So with the exception of the new two small businesses from Popping Flavors and from Dilly's Lung Beach.
Speaker 3: The pickle popcorn, yes, not my favorite. It tastes and I think it's probably because of the pickle. It tastes salty, and I don't have any salt in my food. So it's going to be here's your ASMR.
Speaker 2: Popcorn.
Speaker 4: I want to be more sensitive to salty. Okay, So I'm this dirty just like it. The dirty dell is delicious. I'm here for this pop Is that what I have? The dirty deal? They're both. You have dirty Dell on one side that has the speckles on it. Oh, the dirty dell. The other one on the right is gonna be your creamy cucumber dell. Right, I know, this is hilarious.
Speaker 2: This is what we do. It's all smacking in people's ears. It's so disrespectful.
Speaker 4: People pay money for ASMR Richard just chewing their ear.
Speaker 2: King. Oh, this creamy cucumber dell is lovely creamy cucumber. Is this good? It's really nice.
Speaker 4: It is reminiscent of sour cream and onion without onion.
Speaker 2: Can you perform the Himlin on going crew mark water?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 2: I have water. This is water unopened. You couldn't have that, or do another shot of pickle juice whatever it is. That's gonna work. That's fine. This is amazing. Okay, as I'm spinning.
Speaker 8: No, there's a little bit of pepper. Pepper that got me and it hit my throat the wrong way. So the pepper and the pop cup, that's good.
Speaker 2: What is most say? Live radio? Okay, so real quick, go ahead.
Speaker 4: This is no So this is a boneless chicken from Popeyees with the spicy dill sauce like sauce and toss.
Speaker 9: All right, Okay, that crunch. I don't know if you got that crunch, but this tastes like chicken and pickle. That's the way I can describe it.
Speaker 2: I get it. But it's like I got a chicken sandwich and then put a pickle on it. Got that spice on the right. Yeah, it's spicy. I have to drink this beer because there's not run onto the beer.
Speaker 4: Segment ye hold on, okay, and then for those that are playing along at home, I think this is my camera now, yes, good? That is bread and butter, pickles and peanut butter from Dilly's Sandwiches and Long That looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. Bring me the knife. It may taste great.
Speaker 4: Just that's ham and cheese. So if you want to try that one, or do you want to try this one?
Speaker 2: Here? Try this one? No, eat this one? I love it.
Speaker 4: This is thank you all for tuning in too, mister Mokelly on YouTube as well as KFI AM six forty more stimulating top you're tuning in to later low Kelly who has a mouthful of boneus.
Speaker 2: Sween right now, don't bother me. We're gonna be real busy.
Speaker 4: But okay, so now we're eating homemade bread and butter, pickles with peanut butter on Pullman bread from Dilly's Sandwiches and Long Beach.
Speaker 6: It's the sheer amount of pickles you're biting into right now, that's horrifying.
Speaker 4: More pickles than sandwich. You're absolutely correct. What I have a feeling they may have been generous with their pickles.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, because I've had this before the Popeye's chicken pickles are or hot, is right.
Speaker 2: But it's it's not something that you would think.
Speaker 4: You said, peanut butter, peanut butter, peanut butter, crunchy peanut butter and pickles and bread and butter pickles specifically, So they're representing the jam side of things.
Speaker 2: So they're gonna give you the sweet against the salty. Okay, you can't taste the pickles. I'm eating a peanut butter and jelly salad. They just eat a peanut butter and jelly salic. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: I'm talking with a twenty years in radio. I've never done this. I you're remembering back to the electrolyte idea. So like this is a healthier version of the jam. If you want, now this is something that I would not recommend. Do not eat the pickled chicken and then go back to the popcorn. Those those tastes, okay, they definitely don't do your your cookies and cream. So any no, no, no no. So we have finally made it happen Pickle Poalooza with Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen. So thank you to the one off of San Fernanda Road. Who actually had it, cous so thank you. Shout out to them in Burbank. Also huge shout out to the team at Pop and Flavors on huge shout out.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah you know that other host whatever, other host.
Speaker 4: So you've got Pop and Flavors, which is in Long Beach currently on Atlantic in the Big stein Olds area. They are opening a new shop in Rhina Valley coming up next month. And then you also have Dilly's, which if anybody wants just old school pickles, they're over there. Dillies has fresh made pickles, pickled tomatoes, they do pickle peppers, they do a whole nine yards.
Speaker 2: It's delicious.
Speaker 4: So that has been an at thirty minutes of pickles that I'd never expected.
Speaker 2: Here on later with Mo Kelly. So now we get to wash it down with beer.
Speaker 4: Now we get to wash it down with beer, and you'll have to you'll have to fight out all the stuff I was is not.
Speaker 2: A bad job. I'm gonna eat now drink. Yeah where were you? Oh sorry, well we were actually drinking. This is tea was a celebrity. Yeah, oh this is delicious. No, I could send the pickle of lemonade.
Speaker 4: So the things we didn't get to real fast ron or why haven't I heard from you?
Speaker 2: He's not he's just not going to try anything. I gave them to you. I tried a couple of things. Okay, they talk to me.
Speaker 5: The pickle chicken nugget thing wasn't offensive. What's all right? Okay, that's Popeye. So good to know that pop isn't offensive. Yeah, I mean, like, let's say you you're wandering past the Popeyes after a night of drinking and serious drug abuse. Uh, you know it'll get you. It's okay, that is oddly specific. Yeah, uh, the speaking from experience, the pickle, the pickle popcorn?
Speaker 2: Not sure about that? Not sure? Right?
Speaker 3: This is like the matrix, the ONEI are without.
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell the difference, could you? Yes? I could?
Speaker 4: Yeah, one was on in your studio, So you have no idea what the pepper speckles are not?
Speaker 2: I know I look better this way. Well, YouTube can't be wrong.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: The popcorn, I'm not sure what kind of mood I would have to be in to ever intentionally order, buy, or eat that.
Speaker 2: It's a little.
Speaker 5: Nasty, not not as nasty as that. But like, let's let's say you were hitting a vate pen real hard maybe then hypolytic pathetically No, not hypothetically, uh no, not crazy about the popcorn. The chicken though passable if like say, you hadn't eaten.
Speaker 4: For three four days, Sam, really, Sam, I have no complaints.
Speaker 2: Y'all are feeding me.
Speaker 4: Radio pression and the other things I wanted to cover that we didn't quite get to were. Tomorrow is well, actually this week is going to be with Center Theater Group at the Aminsen in Downtown.
Speaker 2: They will be opening Life of Pie.
Speaker 4: I will be alive tomorrow morning at ten am with the team there, and I'll be actually able to experience the puppets. So tune into Nick Pouliochanney This Week of a Nick on Instagram You'll be seeing me live with the puppets that will be used in the show that opens this weekend. Also, La County Fair opened this past weekend. And yeah, so I've got all sorts of more fun and excitement. If you were not able to catch it here, you can always catch the details at the Lincoln Bio at Nick Poliochanny or This Week of a Nick on Instagram or any social media platform.
Speaker 2: You're listening to.
Speaker 1: Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty