Speaker 1: It's NIC's eyes, Dan Ray, I'm don't you easy? Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should do this.
Speaker 3: Last year she came to my work.
Speaker 4: Now I gotta show her what I can do. He's scared fle track What a frogs?
Speaker 3: Were?
Speaker 2: You don't get in the race?
Speaker 4: Shame comes the Boston Massacre.
Speaker 3: The dump Keys touchdown.
Speaker 4: Tom on the Keys play a coach? Got it? I'm open and need no introduction in my car up. It's really hard to be your friend, man.
Speaker 3: You said you this what me?
Speaker 4: Donkey?
Speaker 2: Don't Joe's great? Bostic?
Speaker 3: Why you dunking? Good? Why you dunk? Okay?
Speaker 4: How do you like them donuts? I'm so sorry I had to see it, but I forgive you.
Speaker 3: Lay us on the track?
Speaker 4: Are we gonna be on the album? We talked about this, Let's go. You're blinded by them?
Speaker 3: Pen strikes it up? There goes babe, Ruth. Tom, you can stay.
Speaker 4: You remember what I told you. I'd do anything for you. This is anything. So they're naming a drink after us. Phenomenal. It's time to have some fun to talk about super Bowl ads. It joining us right now. It's Scott Barredell, who knows all about this stuff. Scott, thanks for joining us. What'd you think of the Duncan's commercial with Affleck. I thought they were.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, funny, funny. I mean it's great stuff. It's That's one of the best things about Super Bowl ads is so many of them are so funny because look, it's seven million dollars for a thirty seconds, so you could probably invest in making it funny.
Speaker 4: Well you should. I mean it has to be entertaining, there's no doubt about it. And we all understand that there are people that have watched the game now just to see the ads, And is that one of the reasons why they're changing the target, if you will, where they want to go healthier and maybe broader base. So it's not specified for the sports fan per se, where it's it's a broader spectrum of products and a broader spectrum of an entertainment angle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I mean the Super Bowl it is just one of the very few events in this country that everyone still rallies around. I mean everyone's all in their own little uh cubby holes and going down you know, their own you know, fragmented media and podcasts. This is one thing we all come together for and you know, it's increasingly women are among the viewers. We had forty seven percent of the audience was women last year. That was the highest ever.
Speaker 4: Women love football. My wife loves football. I mean women love football.
Speaker 3: Well, they're increasingly the ones who are watching it. It's it's predicted it won't be long before over half the audience will be women.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I get it because I joke with my wife. I'll say she loves to watch football and hockey. I go, that's because you like to watch men beat the crap out of each other. You're sick. You have some sort of fantasy going on here that that's what you want to see. What about the Taylor Swift impact? Does that have any impact on women watching the game?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, I'm just anecdotally. I know that women in my life, my seventeen year old daughter and my wife, they're certainly more. They know, they know who Travis Kelsey is and they didn't before. It helps that the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl every year and she's there. But I was always going to say in terms of younger people, you mentioned a lot of ads this year are about you know, helped and health related ads, which has not been so much the case in the past, and it's it's also tied in addition to more women viewers, more you know, younger viewers, say millennials generation Z being more interested in health. Things like products that are non alcoholic beverages, for example, are our thing this year in ads when they hadn't been in the past. Things like ads about obesti and about breast cancer and other issues that you really hadn't seen as much in the past have been a really coming to the forefront this year.
Speaker 4: Well, is that a pr move by the companies that own these products, because we all know that there are these are conglomerates that can own a number of different divisions and so forth. But when I read you know your summary here about ads of people being healthier, it reminded me of the McDLT. Do you remember the mcdltes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember, And.
Speaker 4: For those of you that don't, the McDLT was put out by McDonald's where it was a styrofoam thing and on one say, you had two styrofoam cops or containers bridge together. On one side was the burger and the cheese, and on the other side was a fresh tomato. And fresh lettuce, and then it was supposed to be healthier, I guess because the lettuce and the tomatoes were not fried and then you put it on the burger and you had to mc dlt. Well, the McDLT didn't last. I think they probably sow more mc ribs than mcdlts. So are people really eating healthier or is this an image campaign?
Speaker 3: Well, just in terms of the ole beastie rates, they did go down in this country for the first time in a decade this past year, although part of that is because of part of that is zimbic and some of those drugs. But there is a lot of data that shows that younger people are more concerned about their health than older generations than say Gen X, which is my generation, so so that that they're appealing to that. But you're absolutely right. These are large I mean, the company that's doing the breast cancer awareness ad is no artists, they're.
Speaker 4: Huge Dove Dove.
Speaker 3: Dove is doing a buy Body confidence of body positivity ad. Uh So, so yeah, a lot of these are very big companies. And look, it's capitalism, right, They're gonna they're gonna put it, They're gonna put it all out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, and as long as it's entertaining, nobody cares. But they're not. It's not call to action. Whereas, for example, like the Budweiser ads, right, you know, whether it's what's up or I love the Bud light frogs, but I mean it's that it's I want you to go buy a case of Bud at halftime, right or whatever. Or McDonald's I want you to get a big mac or But but now when you talk about the breast cancer awareness for the artist, it's it's more image. I don't know if they want to if it has to do with the price of their stock. I mean, it's just a different it's just a different thing. And also, though I will say this because I do have young people living in my house, people want to be healthier, which is very important and I applaud it. But the social media and the body image has been an issue, and that's also one of the reasons why people want to be healthier. I mean, you know kids, Yes, they're eating better and that's great, but they also want to be thinner, which is an issue.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, you're you're absolutely right. The what social media does, particularly for for teenage girls younger women. It can be really tough. But you're right. In general, if you think about the kind of investment that brands have to make, you see a lot of ads that are really not about how many widgets can I sell, but they're about about about pr They're about I want to I want to project this brand image that is going to in the case of Navartes, maybe protect me from you know, protect my reputation from people that don't like me for being a big drug company and things like that.
Speaker 4: We're going to take a break here, but I do want to get into some specific ads coming up, and I do have some more questions about the methodology here. We are talking to Super Bowl ads and what you will be seeing on Sunday when, well, when the Chiefs take on the Birds, the Birds from Philadelphia. Scott Barradella is our guest. We'll have more for this on WBZ.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 4: Scott Baradez with us talking Super Bowl commercials here on wbz's Night Side. Okay, let's get into some specifics here. I'm gonna I don't know if you remember the nineteen ninety nine ad Monster dot Com When I grow up? Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: I know I don't.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm going to explain it to you Monster dot Com here in mass So the Monster dot comad and I worked when one of the creative directors on another campaign, Michael E. Kelly, was in this ad. He was in it for like three seconds. He's on Lioness, he was in that series with Space. He's a great actor. So it got killed during the super Bowl. People hated it. It get crushed. So these guys, these ad guys, go in and they think they're gonna absolutely get destroyed by the people a monster and they loved it. For whatever reason, the company loved it. The response was great, the response by the by the it worked. I mean people were going to Monster dot com. It was a success. Even though the critics hated it. Right, they considered the ad to be successful. So can it get confusing when we determined always in a funny ad? Well, okay, but did it work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's absolutely true. You know. It's just like you know, those annoying songs that you can't get out of your head, or the fact that you know, you go on rotten Tomatoes and you'll see that the critics hate a movie, but the audience loves it. It's it's not uncommon. And what ultimately matters is not what all the ad critics think, but but what people think and and and how it affects brand recognition, brand recall and ultimately buying products. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had to sorry to put you on the spot, but I just thought of that off the top of my head, and I wanted to make that point that there are really two goals here. Because my buddy, who was the ad execs sat he said, I thought I was going to get fired. He walked in. We got a standing ovation. He goes, just the craziest sake. You know. But when you talk about, you know, ads and jingles, I still from college. I remember this air salon in Brewer, Maine, Bonnie and Clyde, don't you wait? Called nine seven nine seven o seven eight, And that was like a hundred years ago, my friend. So it does work. Let's get to a rob can we can we play cut twenty five? Uh? If you can with this, here we go. Let it roll. Betty White and the Snickers.
Speaker 1: Mike, what's your deal?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 4: Man, you've been riding me all day. You're playing like Betty White out there.
Speaker 1: That's how what your girlfriend says, babys.
Speaker 4: Better Now that add was hilarious. You're not you when you're hungry. Snickers satisfies. Oh yeah, I forgot I stepped on a vagoda. Does that add sell more Snickers?
Speaker 3: Oh? I think absolutely. Guess people talk to me not and it gets people reminding them of of of a Snickers bar, because we all know about Snickers, but sometimes you know, it's there's a lot of a lot of choices at the candy store, and sometimes it's a it's a good reminder.
Speaker 4: So what are your some of your favorites?
Speaker 3: Well, I think you're right. I thought the the the duncan Ad. I think been athletic returning this year is going to be fun. I think for this year. There's a company called weather Tech that does car accessories and they have kind of a well it's a fun almost like a Thelma and These concept which has four women in their seventies going on this road trip in a sixties you know, Lincoln Continental convertible. That looks like some fun ads. And just think about these kind of ads compared to what I thought was a monster. When you mentioned monsters, I remember those old Superman those go daddy, super ash. Yeah, this feature the very well endowed woman. They don't. That's that's the kind of ed you're not going to be seeing this year.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, and go daddy. Everybody thought it was a porn site. And when I went to it, Oh wait a minute, I'm gonna they're gonna help me build a resume or find a job or no, develop a website. That was it. I was. They thought it was a porn site and then they said, oh wait waiter. They were severely disappointed.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, but you know, they used that approach for several years and so it must have must have helped them. But at a certain point, uh, that that kind of advertising, Uh, this began to hurt people. It's something to do with how the audience has changed to over time.
Speaker 4: This star power matter, because I remember, like my I remember Michael Richards, did I think a diet pepsi ad? Ray Charles? My favorite was the You Got the Right One baby with the with a pepsi ad? That was that was phenomenal. Do star power matter? Do you have to have a Betty White? Do you have to have a Ben Affleck in there for it to be impactful.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it makes it a lot easier. You have to have a very creative concept otherwise, like just this year, Meg Ryan, Billy Crystal, Snia Twain, Chris Hims or Chris pat h William The Poe, Matthew McConaughey, uh, Davis Harden, take your pick. There's there's so many celebrities that are going to be in Super Bowl ads this year. A lot of people are are really talking about Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal recreating their their their the stake orgasm scene and from when Harry met Sally. Yeah, that's a Hellman's commercial this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean well that I mean that is classic.
Speaker 2: That is Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love the what was the Budwiser ad with the horses and then I don't know if you remember this, the Budwise with a the horses are playing football, the ranchers are watching the horses play football, and then they line up to kick. The horse lines up to kick, and one rancher says to the because man, I thought they'd go for two.
Speaker 3: Well, there won't be there won't be a bud Light commercial this year. That's one thing that changed, there's no.
Speaker 4: Question they's What did you think of the bud Light slap commercial from seven Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: No? Tell me about it?
Speaker 4: Oh no. They basically just slapped slapped people across the face instead of in the fist pump. They just whack one guy slapped them across the face and they good to the whole day. I didn't think it was one of the best ones. I still love the What's Up in the Frog one? To me, those were the best ones for bud I think personally. Now, seven million dollars, did you say for thirty seconds or sixty seconds thirty? Is it worth it?
Speaker 3: Well? Uh, it really depends it can be. You've got to think in terms of a total marketing budget and what's what portion of it are you spending on that? You know famously, you know, back when in the late nineties when the dot COM's all started booming, you had all of these pets dot com, all these kind of dot coms that had their you know, venture cap of money. They blew it all on Super Bowl ads and half of those companies weren't around in two years that that spent all their money on it. Because I think in some cases it's an ego thing. But for an established brand, for a Novartis or a lot of these companies that are giant, you know, seven million dollars is not a huge investment. It's not like you're putting all your marketing dollars down on this. So I think a scale has a lot to do with it, whether in terms of whether it makes sense or well.
Speaker 4: I mean, for budwise, it's a drop in the bucket. I mean, that's not an issue. How do they measure it? Is there a way to measure this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's all kinds of ways to measure certainly, you these days, with everything being digital, you can look at how much it's talked about on social media. You can look at visits to your brand's website, you can look at sentiments. You can measure, you know, whether it's looking at how people are responding to it on social media, and then of course, ultimately you want to see impact in terms of sales. Is it is it moving the needle? So, especially in today's world where so much of what we're doing is happening online and it can all be tracked and measured. You know, believe me, these brands if they're going to invest that kind of money in an AD, they're going to also invest in in checking on the effectiveness afterwards.
Speaker 4: Is there a feeling that you can't be left out though?
Speaker 3: I mean in terms of an ADO if I'm.
Speaker 4: Right, like say, if I'm excuse me, like man, I really like to cut costs, but I still need to seven million. That's a lot of dough still have to be in the super Bowl. I don't want to be left out. I mean, even if they don't get the return on the sales, like obviously people are buying beer. Maybe it's a bad example, but say Paramount plus right they want to add do they have a feeling in order to be to compete with Netflix, to compete with HBO, or to compete with Amazon Prime, who sells everything from soap to movies. They may not see the return on investment, but they have to be at the party to show that they're playing with the big people.
Speaker 3: I think there's an element of that. And you know, we mentioned like bud Light that had the big controversy. They're part of the Anteiser Busch family of beers and they're not advertising, but their Michelo Ultra is you know, which has kind of taken over the mantle of their top selling beer. And by the way, it's one of the reasons as popular is because it advertises low car meaning healthier. So I think they're they're they're there. There's certainly felt like, hey, we need to advertise, you know, one of our products and they just changed out. You know, this is the one that we that we want to put in front of people as the number one gear for us now. So I think there's there, there's that kind of symbolic element for brands and certainly competitiveness among brands in industries like that.
Speaker 4: I don't drink. I have not consumed alcohol now for god thirty years. Oh wow, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, pretty close to it. But I gotta tell you, when I see a michelob ultra ad, I'm like, what's the point? I might as well drink water. I'm sorry, I mean, I'm like, why why? I I don't now. Is there any data that shows people will stick and watch the game because of the commercials if the game's a.
Speaker 3: Blowout, Yes, I think there there's definitely certainly at least through halftime. If it's a bad game, you'll have a lot of people at banning it after halftime because there's the assumption that the best ads appear in the first half. People stay for the halftime show even if the game is not good. And usually you can't tell the game is going to be a bad one until things start to deteriorate for for one team or other than the second half. But you know, this year, like there's there are obviously people enthusiastic about the Super Bowl, but a lot of people are like, oh, the Chiefs again and Philadelphia again, and so it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be a good game. I mean, you know, no, no, it's going to be a good game. No, it should be a good game. Does it cost less? I said seven million across the board. Whether you're go in the first half or second.
Speaker 3: Half, that's a good question. I think placement does does affect things. And the exact difference is I can't speak to but certainly they know when people are watching are most likely to be watching the game, and those are the premiere spots.
Speaker 4: Have your at well, listen, Scott, enjoy the game. I assume you'll be watching.
Speaker 3: I'll be well, I'll actually be a plane on a plane at that time. But you know, I'm a very sad Dolphins fan, which is probably like I guess this year being a New England fan, but uh, you know, I'll probably get the tail end of it.
Speaker 4: I don't ever compare the Dolphins to the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Please, can I compare the seventies Dolphins to the picture? Give me something?
Speaker 4: You had a good run, my friend. You still got the undefeated season fifty years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I got let me have that. That's all I got.
Speaker 4: All right, Scott, I appreciate you coming on and best of luck. Thank you king talking about the Super Bowl at Scott Barredell. We got about thirty minutes ago here on Nightside on WBZ, and I haven't done a lot of sport. Well, I did a little bit on the Celtics. I'm gonna talk about the Chiefs and the Bards coming up next on WBC.
Speaker 1: You're on Nightside with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 4: Gary Tank. We're finishing things out for day tonight here on WBC. Been a very exciting evening. You never know what you're gonna get here on WBC's Night Side. Then do a little Super Bowl stuff. It is. It is interesting how seven million dollars for a Super Bowl ad that's crazy. Obviously it must work and you want a close game. And speaking of the game, I'm picking the Birds. I'm picking the Eagles. And it really has nothing to do with being a Patriot fan and having covered the Patriots, and I don't want a three pede and Boba. I don't care about that stuff. The thing about leaving the sports media is you become happier. When you're in the Boston sports media, You're always looking for the negative because that's what people want to talk about. I've had people come up to me and say, well, you know, why don't you talk about the good stuff. Nobody wants to talk about the positive stuff. Everybody wants to bitch and moan about the lack of a running game, or the bullpen isn't good, or the Red Sox don't spend money, or the Celtics are apathetic and you know they don't have the fire in them that they had last year, or Belichick left us high and dry. Nobody wants to hear the good stuff. Does not work, does not compute, does not translate for ratings. So every time you go on TV in Boston or radio to talk sports, you have to bring the negative, and I haven't had to do that and it has been wonderful. So I sit back and I enjoyed the game, and when the game's over, I don't really give it another thought. So I don't hate the Chiefs. I like the Chiefs. Kelsey. I don't like it when Travis Kelcey gets behind a mic and goes, boh, you don't be come on. And I hope he and Taylor Swift get married and have a ton of kids. God bless you. I love his brother though. Of his brother former Eagles center, he is all hilarious, and maybe Travis is too. It's just I've never really heard him say anything other than so, how can you not like Mahomes like?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: People, this is the part I'm sick of them, So I hate him really really Now, if you're a Jets fan, or if you're a Dolphins fan or a Pittsburgh fan and you hated Tom Brady, I get that because he's your nemesis. Or if you're a Patriot fan and you don't like Eli Manning, I get that. But I got nothing against Patrick Mahomes. Why. He's a nice kid, He's a hell of a quarterback. What's not to like, well, you gotta hate him because you could win a third. That is just so stupid. I don't understand it. But from what I've seen with Kansas City this year, the Bills could have won. If the Bills had to kill her instinct, they could have won. But they didn't. They let Kansas City up off the mat. If Kansas City has a couple of they have a couple of series where they have to punt or three and hour, you've got to score. You have to take advantage of their mistakes. I don't think the Chiefs are as good as they have been in the past. I don't. I think they're opportunistic. I think they're smart. I do think they benefit from some calls. But you know what everybody does when you're good. You're telling me Brady and the Patriots didn't get some calls. Of course, the Steelers when they won four Super Bowls, did they get calls? Yes, the Dallas did, the Niners, Yes, did the Bulls in the NBA?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Did the Lakers? Okay, so stop your bitching and moaning. So the Chiefs have got some calls, comes and winning a couple of Super Bowls in a row. Something about the Eagles though, and the quarterback. I think the Eagles can take the Chiefs this year. And I wasn't proud of it. Well, yes I was. But back when the Patriots played the Eagles and Brady threw for like five hundred and forty one yards. Oh that when Belichick decided to bench Malcolm Butler. Stupid move, so stupid, so dumb, the dumb, dumb, dumb, and it was personal. Yeah, that's that's the part that always disappointed me about that. And then the only mistake Brady had way he got sacked at the end of the game and they lost. I picked the Eagles that year. I picked the Birds. I picked the Birds.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I got the same feeling this year. I don't think they're afraid of the Chiefs. I don't. I think the Chiefs have They're ready to take a if somebody's ready to punch on them in the mouth, I think they're ready to go. Anyways, let's talk to Steven Framingham. Steve, Steve, what's going on?
Speaker 2: But good to talk to you, Gary, refreshing to talk super Bowl instead of politics. Right, Yes, I am excited to watch a good Super Bowl and people around here have Chiefs fatigue, and they also don't want the Chiefs because then it would threaten the Patriots dynasty.
Speaker 4: Do you believe that?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do, I don't care. I like Mahomes too.
Speaker 4: No, I think you're right, but I'm sorry, But do you feel because I don't feel if the Chiefs went three in a row, they're threatening the Patriot dynasty. I don't believe that yet, not yet.
Speaker 2: But Mahomes is a kid still, he's young. He could and the thing about him too is his stats aren't maybe as good as some of the other quarterbacks, but he always wins no matter what. It's unbelievable, but I think that the X factor in this game. I don't think in my lifetime I've ever seen a running back play so good as Saquon Barkley is right now. He's incredible. Yep, Like you know, fifty sixty yard runs every week. And that's the difference because they were a good team a couple of years ago and then they got him. The other thing that I think is kind of funny is like I've never really liked the New York Giants, and between the quarterback choking and having to trade Barkley like they're reeling right now. So it's like, good for him. He's a good story because he's from Philadelphia, came back home, and I think if they were to win, that would be great.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I also think that it proves that the running game is not dead. That Yeah, I've always said this about sports runs or fads or whatever is. It's whatever whatever player is hot at that time. So it's a passing league. It's a passing league. It's a passing league, and the rules are set up that way, and you got to throw the ball and you gotta have the wide receivers and until you get a Barkley, you know what I mean, you know, and then my boy Foulger and he's probably not completely wrong, but you know, I listened to Mike and Tonyo. They always say, you're running backs are a diamond dozen you can replace them, Yeah, but not until you you can. That's that's not the case here. You know, that is not the case here. So I agree with you, and I'm glad it's balanced. I want to run a game. I want something balance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the other dynamic that's really like granted, the Commanders got absolutely crushed against the Eagles, right, but it was really fun to watch Jaden Daniels a rookie, and you have this now trend of Jadan Daniels, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen. You have these running quarterbacks that never used to happen, like you know, five, ten, twenty years ago, they'd always just pass pass pass, and it just makes it for a really entertaining game. Takes Mahomes could do that a little bit and definitely like the the the tush push whatever they call it Philadelphia, right, but it's it's good. It's gonna be if. I'm looking forward to it. And the other great thing with the Super Bowls, you don't even want to get up to miss the ads, so it'll be fun.
Speaker 4: Are you picking the birds?
Speaker 2: I can't pick against the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going I'm picking the birds. I got a notion. Uh. But but I love Mahomes because Mahomes reminds me of Brady. Oh my god, him. I gotta get crap for this. He reminds me of Brady now with his poise, you know, like Brady always fell. I mean, obviously it was never over you know, it was never over, right, But and I love the guy from Buffalo Allen. I mean what a stud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was tough to see that. And I like to compare errors, right or teams. And I watched the pass to Kincaid and it's like it was on his fingertips and if he caught it, it would have been a position to you know, to win it or tie it. It reminded me, I guess the Super Bowl that the Patriots lost to the Giants where grond Cat hit his fingertips. That was the game, I think where the receivers for the Giants caught it off his helmet. So it's just you never know what can happen, so it should.
Speaker 4: Be good Steve, Thanks for the call, Buddy, good good talking spot. Okay, we'll see you later. Yes, good to talk sports and get rid of the politics. Final word coming up next to night, said on WBC Now back.
Speaker 1: To Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 4: Okay, coming up tomorrow night here on WBC, Todd Fernard of Fernard Properties is going to join us at nine o'clock. What do businesses need to do to get people back in the stores? And I thought about this. I was with my wife. She wanted to actually go try on a pair of shoes. But you can do so much obviously with Amazon and online you don't have to leave your house, but there are still some things you need to go to the mall for. Or isn't it fun to actually go out and feel a shirt or try on a piece of clothing or but heck, now, look you can go to the Natick mall and what is it? The oh god, you can tell what I get late a night. I forget what the hell I'm talking about. Basically the old people tennis. You can do all kinds of things into them all now. But anyways, what you what? What what retailers need to do to get people back in the stores, because I think I do like to get out of the house, but you got to give people a reason. Tori Champagne, he'll join us from ESPN talking about the top five football films of all time. Friday Night Lights has to be number one, man number one, and I'm thinking, uh, the first longest yard Brian's song, that's really sad. That's a sad one Varsity Blues. Hey, John Boy, you know James Vanderbeek, wild Cats, Goldie Hawn. Now there is the second version of the Longest Yard, which Sandler did. It's no Bobby Bouche, I mean water Boy. That to me, that's classic. That is a classic. I would put that ahead of the Happy Madison versus version of The Longest Yard, even though Tracy Morgan is really really funny, really funny in that movie. But you know, it's fine, dude. Can I are there as many football movies it's like baseball movies? Or I mean, is there a Hoosiah's version? I guess it would be Friday Night Lights. Friday Night Lights is just a phenomenal film. And generally films don't quality films don't generate great TV series, and that did with a different head coach. Connie Brenton, of course, played the wife played the coach's wife in the Working in the School System. She was great. I can't imagine anybody else in that role but her. Billy Bob Thornton played in the film but didn't play it in the series. And the series was great. My wife loved the series. My kids have watched it like twice. It was Friday Night Lights. That's I don't think that's happened withou any other sports movie. I think they tried to do. They try to do something with a Paul Newman flick and the Handsome Brothers slap Shot. They might they might have tried to do a series on slap Shot. There's no way you could take slap Shot and make it a television series. I mean, if you put it on HBO, now, now you've got a chance. But I mean the reason that that movie was funny was because the lines like hand or hand your wife. I'll just stand that right there. Don't want to get fired, don't even fined, but you could certainly say it's streaming right. Maybe they might have tried to do a Mighty Ducks thing, but Friday night lights days are confused? Is that a football movie? Ah? I don't know. All right, all right, all right, all right, all right, all right. So anyways, been a great show tonight, Rob Brooks doing a phenomenal job on the other side of the glass, Marita LaRosa lining thing up and lining everything up for me so I can line it up and knock it down. But just a recap what we talked about tonight. And I do want to tell you about this April second check out. The Parma Deer Foundation is doing a having will Reeves commit and speak the son of Christopher Reeves about grief and it's it's going to be really good. It's going to be at Regi's College in Weston, so check that our tickets are available. A meet and greet is also available with Will Reeves, who is part of a documentary about this and dealing with grief loss both of his parents. Of course, you know that's it's so crazy, Like Christopher Reeves when he suffered the injury in which he was crippled from paralyzed. Now, this kid, Will was three years old and Christopher Reeves was Superman. I mean to me, I mean, I don't even know the other guy's name, but Reeves it still is. We'll always be Superman. But this kid doesn't really know him. He just knew him when he was in a wheelchair with a breathing tube, and he will talk about that and in it's I don't want to say fashionable, that may not be the right word, but a lot of celebrities are talking about grief. Andrew Garfield talked about it in an interview about losing his mother. Anderson Cooper has a podcast multiple seasons talking about grief. So that's going to be happening on Wednesday, April second, the Parmiteer Foundation. You can also check them out online if you need as well. They're doing some great stuff helping people deal with grief, helping college students deal with grief young people, which I didn't. That kind of surprised me. There's a great education on what they're doing. And you can really cut your electric bill if you just unplug stuff in your house. Unplug your laptop, unplug your when your cell phone's not being charged, take it out of the wall. Unplug things out of the wall. I'm not talking about your TV or things like that, but your portable stuff when it's not charging, take it out. So there you have it. So again tomorrow night, Todd Fernard joins us from Fernard Properties. Also, Jackie Flynn is going to be with us at eleven o'clock from Loudermilk. Check out Laurdermilk on Netflix. It's freaking hilarious. All right, let's take a break for news. See you again tomorrow night at eight o'clock. Night's Side here on WBC. Thank you, Robin, Marita, good night.