Speaker 1: Oho Wimbo Kelly one.
Speaker 2: Six from executive producers Lebron James, Maverick Carter and award winning director Chris Ayre, The History Channel's new documentary Jim Thorpe, lit By Lightning, offers a comprehensive exploration into the life and legacy of the legendary Olympian and one of the greatest all around athletes in our nation's history. Acclaimed filmmaker Chris air tells the untold story of, as I said, America's arguably greatest athlete of all time, a man who played in the NFL, in Major League Baseball, and a multi gold medalist at the nineteen twelve Games.
Speaker 3: Jim Thorpe. I haven't seen that level of greatness in so many sports.
Speaker 4: And yet not many people remember his name.
Speaker 1: Growing up on the reservation, he liked challenging his own body. That was like a natural cross training. Jim Thorpe was made for football.
Speaker 4: He's running, he's kicking, he's tackling. Jim plays every minute of a game, offense and defense. Jim Thorpe is at the top of his game, and yet he was about to level up again.
Speaker 2: Of his achievement at the Stockholm Olympics.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen that level of greatness.
Speaker 4: The gold medals were taken away from it was an enormous injustice.
Speaker 6: Americans didn't see indigenous peoples as human beings.
Speaker 1: He really created that sport.
Speaker 5: He was the greatest athlete of all time and one of the greatest Americans who ever lived. Jim Thorpe Lit by Lightning premieres Monday, July seventh and eighth part of History Honors two fifty only on the History Channel.
Speaker 2: And Chris Air joins me now on the show. Chris, good evening. Thank you for your work.
Speaker 7: Great mode. Thanks for having me. I appreciate it, and I'm excited to talk about Jim Thorpe Lit by Lightning.
Speaker 1: I am a student of history.
Speaker 2: I'm a student of sports history as well, and I know that we have multiple generations which have grown up with no knowledge of the significance and greatness of Jim Thorpe. And that's probably why, or at least part of the reason why you've done Jim Thorpe Lit by Lightning. But just top line for me, the significance of his contributions and exploits in telling the fullness of American history.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's important that we tell these stories so people remember, we can reconfer on why somebody is regarded with the admiration that they are. And Jim Thorpe is part of that story. I mean, when you talk about, you know, his accomplishments in athletics, they're still unparallel to anyone else. When you talk about Lebron James, who's endorsed this and as an executive producer and a goat himself, and he's saying Jim Thorpe is the greatest athlete of all time and one of the greatest Americans that ever lived. It really gives you the scope of what we're talking about here. So you know, the likes of which you know, Barry Bonds, of Deon Sanders and Michael Jordan, all of these are great, great goats. But Jim Thorpe is in a category by himself. Like you said, he played professional football in which he won nine championships with the Canton Bulldogs of the American Football League which would become the NFL. Jim Thorpe was the first president of the American Football League, which became the NFL, So he is connected to the history and the continuum of football today. He won collegiate football championships against Penn State, against Harvard, and ultimately against Army in a very famous game against Dwight Eisenhower, who became President of the United States. Dwight Eisenhower. You know, when Jim Thorpe passed away, wrote a telegram to his wife in which he recounted how much he'd thought of Jim Thorpe in those college days when he saw him and said there was no other football player that was comparable to him on that field that day. And then you look at things like he played professional baseball, he was a championship ballroom dancer, he played some basketball, and what you highlighted was the King of Sweden in nineteen twelve during the Stockholm Olympics touted him as the greatest athlete in the world because he won the fifteen event decathlon and the pentathlon gold medals in the same Olympics.
Speaker 1: So when you put all.
Speaker 7: That together, you recognize that no one else has had that kind of achievement. And as recently as two thousand, the Associated Press still voted him greatest athlete of all time, and last year, interestingly enough, President Biden awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom. And in twenty twenty two, the Olympic Committee reinstated his gold medals that were taking away due to a controversy. So he's the sole winner of his own gold medals from the nineteen yeah the nineteen twelve Stockholm Olympics.
Speaker 2: Chris, do we know what motivated him to excel? Was it something internal? Was it external with what was going on in America at that time with him being an indigenous athlete?
Speaker 1: What do you think motivated him?
Speaker 7: That's the greatest question. And for me as a filmmaker, I think my first job is to entertain and the second job is to really look at what drives the character beyond the headlines of the accomplishments. And so with Jim Thorpe, I actually can see something, you know inside of him that I recognize as a native person. He was born in eighteen eighty seven on the Second Fox Indian Reservation. There was thunder and lightning all around the night of his birth, and his mother named him, which translates in English to bright path. By age nine, he had lost his twin brother to pneumonia. By age eleven, he'd lost both of his parents. He was taken forcibly to Haskell Indian School, where he ran away multiple times back home to Oklahoma, and finally he was taken to Carlisle, Pennsylvania at age eleven years old and put there because he couldn't run away anymore. And when I think about somebody who comes from those beginnings, I started to recognize that he needed a channel, you know, he needed a place to put his emotion, his anger, his passion. And sports became that vehicle. And I think to myself, if he wouldn't have had sports, what might have become of him. But he did all this before you know, social media and thumb likes and endorsements, million dollar deals. He did all this for a different reason. He did all this for the passion of competition and the love of winning.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chris, let me jumping there. Let me jumping there.
Speaker 2: Because yes, he did it before social media and all of these accoutrement that we come to know as normal today. But what do you think Jim Thorpe might have become as far as the figure, well the size of his legacy if he had been born in the in the world of ESPN, in the world of TikTok, the world of social media, more generally.
Speaker 7: I don't know exactly, mo I mean, that's the honest answer, but I can I can say that I like to think that he wouldn't have used those avenues for himself. I think it was purely about the competition that he loved. But he's certainly had a humility that wasn't just about himself. And I can see that in his interviews. I can see that throughout his life that he worked hard. He was, you know, digging ditches in his later life, and I see in his face that he wasn't shamed by what he was doing. He was a prideful person that was making himself useful from a generation that knew how to work, a generation that came from the Great Depression, a generation that came from World War One, a generation in which he was put onto reservations, you know, as the first Indians on reservations. And so when he was out there, whether he was performing at his best as an athlete or working digging ditches, or he was in a hundred movies from the nineteen thirties in Hollywood, including King Kong, he was working. He was not feeling sorry for himself. He was putting one foot in front of the other, and he was taking what was given to him and turning it into success.
Speaker 2: Jim Thorpe lit by Lightning, directed by My guests Right Now Chris Air premierees Monday, July seventh at eight pm on the History Channel. Chris as I said at the beginning, I'm a student of history. I'm a student of sports history. So I am overjoyed that this was done, and I thank you for putting this together so this younger generation, this social media generation, can learn about and fall in love with Jim Thorpe as I did.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, sir, Thank.
Speaker 7: You, Moe. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly CAFI AM six forty. We're live everywhere on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: And we told you at the beginning of the show we would be monitoring the Dodger game to see if Clayton Kershaw would be able to hit three thousand strikeouts this outing. It's now the top of the fifth the Chicago White Sox are playing at Dodger Stadium, Chicago White Sox are up four to two. Top of the fifth inning, they're two out. Clayton Kershaw is still two strikeouts away. Oh yeah, two tryouts away. And so we're we're watching right now.
Speaker 5: To see there was a questionable call whether it was going to get a strike too on this batter.
Speaker 2: But I think you just walked to Chicago White Sox player. But we're watching. We'll let you know if Clayton Kershaw gets his three thousand strikeout tonight. So, speaking of games for adults, Chuck E Cheese and we've talked about Chuck E Cheese any number of times about how it's probably the last place you want to go unless you want to get into a fight or you know, get stabbed, or I don't know, have your kids get into some sort of altercation drive by shooting.
Speaker 1: Chuck E Cheese is a dangerous place to go. I'm just being honest.
Speaker 2: I've been there on a couple of occasions and fights have broken out, no exaggeration. Chuck E Cheese is self aware to a certain degree, and they're having to reinvent themselves. What they've proposed and have moved forward with doing is they're opening new locations with these adult arcades, not that type of adult, but adult as in catering to adults of I would say the millennial generation and Gen X generation as in arcade gabes. These new arcades will feature retro favorites like Biz Pac Band, Donkey Kong alongside modern titles including Jurassic Park, Halo, and Connect four Hoops. That's not enough to get me in a Chuck E Cheese, But they're trying to get people like.
Speaker 1: Me in the Chuck E Cheese. It's not gonna work. Quote.
Speaker 2: Chuck E Cheese has spent decades mastering their arcade experience. It's in our DNA. That's David mckillops, CEO. Chuck's Arcade is a natural evolution, an opportunity to extend our arcade, our arcade legacy into new formats that engage both lifelong fans and a new generation through a curated mix of retro classics and cutting edge experiences.
Speaker 5: The DNA was in the ballpit or on the slide. Yeah, it could be in both places. It's not either or a property.
Speaker 6: No, Actually, it's it's on the it's on the salad bar. It's there's DNA on on the game control handles. It's that these these little crumb snatchers leave DNA everywhere.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they ever cleaned the place ever, or at least the one of the cars that I went to was never clean. How would you clean the ballpit? No, no, I'll tull I watched it. They there was a report of a diaper. This this is the last time I went.
Speaker 6: My son was what eight, and we went to a birthday party there and there was at there was a report of a diaper left in the ballpit. And what they did is they came with a big like trash bind scooped all the balls out and put them in this solution. They spray the pit, mopped the pit, and then I guess they took the balls in the back and rinsed them really, you know, lathered them up and brought the balls back and put them back in the pit for kids to jump right back in.
Speaker 1: Just burn it to the ground.
Speaker 2: I remember the first time I went to Chuck E Cheese, there was a it seemed like an older brother younger brother combination playing ski ball and the older brother would hand the ball to the younger brother and he would run up on the lane and drop it yeah in the top, and the tickets would come out, and I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, is anyone watching this? No, no, is anyone gonna intervene no mo.
Speaker 6: I literally saw a mother there with at least three or four kids, and she was just going around, just making sure that she had each kid come to the last last one on the end, and she was just putting the balls in there, taking tickets and saying, go go go, go to the counter.
Speaker 1: Next he had come up here, ching ching, dang dick.
Speaker 6: I'm like, what in the hell is this ghetto fabulous?
Speaker 1: And this happened to get this place.
Speaker 6: Look, I've been to Chuck E Cheese enough times with my kids to know that is where the best fights jump off. Surprisingly, TMZ was they're capturing all the squabbles you know, all the time.
Speaker 1: But damn that I thought it was normal.
Speaker 2: I thought when you go to a pizza place, a fight breaking out was normal. I'm being serious because Chuck E Cheese people were always getting into it. The kids were getting into it, the parents were getting into it. Parents were getting into it with someone else's kids, which make the parents of the kid who was getting into it. The parents get into it, and I'm thinking, like, Okay, this is what it's supposed to happen. And then I went like to Roundtable and shakey. It's like everyone was polite. Yeah, they deserve the food. There what kind of place of this?
Speaker 1: There's just no entertainment. There's no fights.
Speaker 6: Now at an adult Chuck E Cheese because of the scar tissue that I've experienced at Chuck E Cheese. All I imagine then is fights either in the arcade or in the parking lot, just adult level.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be near that.
Speaker 5: What is Chuck E Cheese doing to rebrand their imaging as the place to go to brawl?
Speaker 2: I don't know if misspac band is a solution to all of their problems. I know that they're having to reinvent themselves, and it's difficult in a world where going to a pizza parlor is probably not at the top of anyone's list.
Speaker 1: Going to a pizza.
Speaker 2: Parlor and having a kid's birthday party is not the type of flex that it used to be twenty five thirty years ago. I'm not going to Chuck E Cheese so I can play Miss pac Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is actually four.
Speaker 2: Not only can I play Miss pac Man at home, I don't have to pay for it and I don't have to check my six Okay, quick.
Speaker 6: Question, quock question? And I may have missed this because I didn't hear you say it. Are they still having the animatronic band at this adult.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't say that. I thought they got rid of the animatronic band. I don't know if it's a part of it anymore.
Speaker 1: You need that. It's not chuck E cheese without it.
Speaker 5: The last time I heard they got rid of it, and it's now like a digital screen.
Speaker 6: But even at the even at this adult one, are you going to have a digital weird you know, death Murder band.
Speaker 1: Of monkey shines? I don't know are you going to do that?
Speaker 5: Because as a gen xer or millennial, why would you go to a place that has that.
Speaker 1: And if you don't have it, why are you calling it chuck e cheese? Al Right? I got something better? You ready for this? All right? We're right.
Speaker 5: It's a cat arcade in California in the city of Rightwood called the per Ground. I gotta go to this family run cat arcade with video games that houses adoptable cats.
Speaker 1: I thought this is a real place. I think we've got a Stephan.
Speaker 2: You're correct, he wants to tell us that he's an adult all these times, and now he's talking about going to a cat arcade.
Speaker 1: You're damn right.
Speaker 5: I think I think we've got our next dude's day trip lined up here the per ground.
Speaker 1: Where is it again? Right Wood? Where is that?
Speaker 5: I think that's something like an hour and a half away. Yeah, that's an hour and a half away. Well worth it? Is it?
Speaker 1: Still?
Speaker 5: Miss pac Man and Dunkey call, Let's see what they got. You know they have home versions of that, right, you know that?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But you get a you get to play around cats. And you know I'm a dog guy, right, Well I'm a dog. I'm a dog guy too. But I would I would actually go with you. I'm just so allergic to cats, but I would love to see this Space Invaders rampage the old school arcade cabinet games, but with cats.
Speaker 1: With cats. Yeah, that's actually.
Speaker 5: Cats like running around on the floor. Yeah, while you're eating and everything. I don't know about the food situation. There does appear to be tables, yeah, and the cats and cats look somewhat bewildered. I think this looks like fun, much more fun than a chucky sound a cleaner than a check cheese. Well except cat litter in the corner with DNA's from cats, not your children licking doorknock.
Speaker 1: Does it make a difference, honestly if it's cat darn?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, because cats are cuter than children, and they don't grow up to tell you that you embarrass them and to give them money.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to take them home with me. Well, that's the goal of the cat arcade. You can adopt the cats. You can't.
Speaker 6: You can'tnot adopt kids.
Speaker 5: Discouraged from taking home children from from chuck e cheese if you didn't bring them on. Yeah, that's that's called trafficking, can't. I am six forty we live everywherey iHeartRadio app. Goodness, Mark, I'm giving you time to reset like the life cerial Michy of cats.
Speaker 3: Here you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI A M six forty.
Speaker 2: Styes Later with mo Kelly Live Everywhere now Heart Radio App. And I got to tell you I fell in love somewhere some time along the way with all things Dick Wolf.
Speaker 1: That's law and Order, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: If it's Law and Order, Law and Order SVU, law and Order, organized crime, criminal intent, doesn't matter. Love them all. The only one that I didn't like was do you remember when they.
Speaker 5: Did Law and Order Los Angeles It was off for like half a season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it didn't make it. It did not make it. It was bad. It was bad.
Speaker 2: And one of the episodes it actually featured Harbor City where I grew up. Yeah, and I thought that was kind of a recipe for success because LA Law and Order it did not.
Speaker 1: It did not last. Man. I thought it was like a plug and play.
Speaker 2: You just have the law and Order procedural, Just change the city, that's it. Change some of the actors, you you know, do some crossovers every now and then and it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't always work.
Speaker 2: But Law and Order, by and large, it has worked despite wherever they put it. I did not know until like maybe last week or so, there was a Law and Order Toronto Criminal Intent, which has already had one season in Canada and the CW has picked it up for two seasons. But season one is going to start airing here on the CW September twenty fourth. I'm thinking, like number one, how did I not know this? And number two, I wonder I don't know this? And it is a Dick Wolf production, or at least he's getting credit for it. I wonder whether this might be the beginning of a trend where you start farming out these really populous shows but put them in different cities, like you had CSI and you had CSI Miami, what have you? Or you have Chicago PD, Chicago Med and everything. But if they started doing that internationally, I could see how that could catch on, and Law and Order Toronto CI Criminal Intent might be the beginning of that. Because when we talk about how television and movie production has left, California has left the United States in some instances. For example, the show Suits which was on originally it was the USA Network and then they put it on Netflix or it should they re licensed it to Netflix and became a big hit out of that.
Speaker 1: They tried Suits La which bomb bom bombs. Yeah, it must be LA. Just not to do so once in LA.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you can't do another lawyer show in LA because anything is going to peal to LA law. You can't do another show like you would think.
Speaker 2: That, but LA lost forty years in the mirror now rearview mirror, but it's not the same television audience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe maybe, But I think that that was something that hit because there has not been a good legal show in LA since then. So there's something about what they captured in LA Law and especially. I mean, I think the reason that Law and Order LA did work is because here in LA all we ever think about is cops, uniformed officers. In Los Angeles, cops shows working. Cops shows work because we're too familiar with cops.
Speaker 1: We're not. We don't ever see or think.
Speaker 5: About detectives in the city of Angels We just don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's even a long Beach PD show my wife was washing. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was on Prime or Netflix. But also, and it was it was actually directed by Eric Lesau. Oh yes, and he also directed Chicago PD. So the police procedural works here in LA. You talk about nine to one one or all all of those shows?
Speaker 5: Wait, was that a reality show or am I thinking of no, the one with Angela Bassett.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, never mind that, I was thinking of something else. I think that's the name of it. But I'm saying nine or something. Yeah, where follows the Cops?
Speaker 2: I'd forgot no, no, no, no, no no, not a reality show.
Speaker 6: This is oh okay, yeah, nine one one is with Angela Bassett that that's cops and firefighters and the like, and those things work in LA because that's our familiarity, that's what we see on TV. In a city like New York, you may be as big as it is and how things may get hidden a lot more. I can see how we all think about detectives have to get into that nitty gritty because how do you find anything in New York. It's just too big, too expansive, and stuff like that. I wonder though, for me, I'd like to see a Law and Order shot somewhere in Asia, whether it's Law and Order, Tokyo Law and Order, just something like that, because I'd beg into that.
Speaker 1: We're on the same page, because I think that's coming.
Speaker 2: I think when you have a Law and Order CI Toronto CI, you've always then acknowledged that Law and Order with its twenty five seasons, the original has a worldwide recognition. It's a worldwide brand, and now since TV is accessible anywhere everywhere. It's not even probably an American perceived property. It's just a show. And since it's a procedural, you can do.
Speaker 5: That just about anywhere on any continent if you apply the same formula. And look, if you put us away, it's Canada.
Speaker 2: If you could do it in Canada, I'm sure you could do it in Tokyo. A Law and Order Tokyo. Yeah, that would work. Yeah, sign me up, sign me up. Yeah, and we've seen I'll say, did you ever see? I know, Mark did Tokyo Vice on HBO.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was, and it basically was a cop procedural at its heart. Well with a reporter, but you know, a reporter is essentially detective without a gun.
Speaker 2: But you can see how we will translate, no pun intended. It would definitely work. Wait, wait minute, we're kipping over something.
Speaker 1: Mark. Don't you have a connection to Law and Order?
Speaker 5: I wrote tons of Law and Order mobile game scripts for NBC Universal, to the point where I thought I could represent myself in court if I had to. But yeah, I got the formula down. I watched something like two hundred episodes before I put pen to paper, so it's in my DNA. It's just for a callback there to the ballpit law and orders totally in my DNA. We got to do a law and order KFI for all the stuff that goes on around here. We need someone to solve.
Speaker 2: We need someone to solve the mystery of who took a dump in the middle of the bathroom on the fourth floor.
Speaker 1: That is it should be a capital crime.
Speaker 5: And it seems it seems Kershaw just got his three thousand strikeout. Yes, he just got his three thousand strikeout right now against the Chicago White Sox and they're stopping the game.
Speaker 2: Two. You may not be a baseball historian, but you're looking at most likely the last picture to get three thousand strikeouts in a major league. Now, there's Chris Sale who has twenty five hundred. He's thirty six years old. He has an outside shot, depends on how long he's able to play at a certain level. But for a pitcher to get three thousand strikeouts in today's game, where you have middle relievers, you have setup men, closers, you don't have pictures pitching as many innings or throwing as many pitches in a game as they did in previous generations. So Clayton Kershaw, first ballot Hall of Famer, one of the greatest to ever pitch in the Dodgers' uniform.
Speaker 5: And I say that inclusive of Sandy Kofax. And I know that's high praise, but there's evidence to support it. An absolute legend, three thousand strikeouts. It's Later with Mo Kelly KFI AM six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Tays Conway Show tomorrow at four pm.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna be here, Bud, Steph, Bou switch together the best of and it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: So you got to be here tomorrow at four pm. Guarantee you kind of a show of ard four pm? Did you really put the show together? Stefan? Did you? I really did? Is it really funny?
Speaker 2: Well you have to listen to find out. Okay, that's a nice tease. I'll definitely be listening. Okay, well maybe not because I won't be here tomorrow. Oh my goodness, we'll tell you about it later. Oh yeah, Buried the lead. What is probably the worst part of going to the movies. Is there one particular thing that we all can agree on? Not everyone has to deal with kids kicking the back of their chair. I have, but not all of us. Not all of us have to deal with a dirty theater. I've dealt with it, maybe you have, but not everyone has the same experience. Is there one thing that we all universally dislike when it comes to going to the movie theater.
Speaker 1: It's to love, to cry, to care because we need that.
Speaker 3: All of us.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, Nicole Kidman is part of it.
Speaker 2: What if I told you that AMC Theaters, the biggest theater chain in the United States, is going to add twenty five to thirty minutes of previews before the movie starts. I'm not talking about just video content. You know, you come in and sit down in your chair, and they have all sorts of like trivia games and have short little vignettes.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about twenty five to thirty minutes of previews on top.
Speaker 1: Of what you're there for.
Speaker 2: So if the school, if the movie start time says two PM, that's when the twenty five to thirty minutes of previews will begin.
Speaker 1: And I get it. You have these movie theaters which are struggling.
Speaker 2: We talk about it every single week, and I said that you need a movie not only to do well, but you need a movie to do well enough for people to want to come to the theaters during the week. Because they're open seven days a week.
Speaker 5: It's not like they just come in on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and that's enough to keep the doors open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Speaker 2: So you need people to support the movie theater every single day. But in absence of that, they have to make money somehow. And if you're not there to see the movie during the week, or if a movie underperforms and they have like theaters or Mark will tell you about where.
Speaker 1: He was literally the only person in the theater.
Speaker 5: That happens pretty often. Yeah, that's not sustainable. These movie theaters are looking for new ways to bring in other forms of revenue. If you're not going to be there but in seat also purchasing concessions, then there has to be something else in which they can charge money for. Oh my goodness, advertisements and it's the bane of our existence. One of the hardest things to deal with are one of the most obtrusive things to deal with in.
Speaker 1: Streaming media is now ads are everywhere.
Speaker 2: You might have paid for the originally highest tier where you have a subscription price, and you're paying for the highest subscription price and you're still seeing ads, like.
Speaker 5: Amazon or Netflix or Hulu, that's so obnoxious. You pay for a ticket, just like when you pay for a streaming subscription and you still have to watch commercials on it, still have to. I despise that, and some of the streaming services they're not obtrusive like I think with It depends on your tier, but Amazon, you either get all the ads at the beginning of the movie, and depending on the tier, you may get some over the course of the movie.
Speaker 1: Whatever you're watching now.
Speaker 5: I know some people are watching our YouTube stream right now and complaining about the ads which you're popping up.
Speaker 2: We're working on it. We're working on it. We're doing the best we can. But I think universally that's what we most dislike about the movies. Now, if there's a trailer to that, if you are hoping to see you or you're excited to see that's different.
Speaker 5: But that's one or two at the most. We're talking about up to a half an hour. A bull before you even get to the movie.
Speaker 2: And if you're like Mark Rodger, who's a night owl and he leaves here at let's say midnight, and he gets to his twelve thirty movie, the movie's not gonna start until one am at the earliest. Now, what I'm gonna do for the few times that I'll go to a movie theater, I am going to explicitly, if I'm going to AMC, my favorite theater, if it says start talking the movie two thirty, I'll roll my ass in there at three o'clock. Why Why Because most of the AMC theaters are reserved seating. I don't need to get there early to save a seat, and if a fool is sitting in my seat, we'll just have a misunderstanding. But I'm not gonna get there early because usually I would get there like fifteen twenty minutes before the start talking about movie. So I get my food, go to the restroom because I'm an old man, I got to do that before the movie starts. Then sit down, check my messages on my phone, whatever, so I can turn on my phone and I'm ready for the movie. But if I have an extra half hour, you know why, am I gonna rush in there. Don't you have like an AMC subscription?
Speaker 1: I do, I do.
Speaker 6: I have the pass and I use it a lot. I'll be using again this week, and I can't remember what I'm gonna go see. But now I know that I don't have to rush in. I can go and actually let my daughter order her chicken fingers, and i'd be like, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Miss the trailers. I can say, no, no, no, no, no no no, no, you got time. How long is it gonna be? That'd be about fifteen to twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: Sure, put on two, give me, give me the impossible nuggets in one of those little mini burgers.
Speaker 2: And we all know the impossible nuggets could take at least a half an hour at least.
Speaker 5: Still at least and you still the trailer still work. There was still I caught like the last three.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So this is good for everyone who's used to being late real quick though, And I know how much you wanted to hear just a little taste of what it was like when kersher I hit three thousand.
Speaker 1: We have just a moment it happened.
Speaker 8: Okay, so far, that's all I could capture, all right, Ervine risers ready to eruct.
Speaker 1: Oh, he planned that three K for Kurshaw, got it?
Speaker 8: He is probably probably practicing the mirror three k Kershaw, three k the Kershaw. He probably did like a well, we have a shatt with three K for Kershaw, three K for Kershaw. Let's hear one more time because he practiced. I want to give him his money's worth.
Speaker 2: Irvine risers ready to eruct, Ready, turn for hers all. I'll say that it's good that he didn't step on it. Afterwards, he just let the crowd tell the story after that. If you've ever listened to the late Vin Scully, he was a master at that. He didn't try to fill the time with unnecessary words. It's almost counterintuitive. You think you have to describe everything. You have to let everyone know what's going on. What is Kershaw doing? Is he walking back to the dougt. No, just let the crowd tell the story. Vin Scully was a master at that. He would say a word or two and then he would get out of the way and let everyone just soak in the moment. And a lot of announcers today they don't understand that, and I can't really second guess them or what they're being told to do, but sometimes they talk too much and we don't get to enjoy the moment. I was kidding with him about the three K for Kershaw, but he obviously took a page out of Vin Scully's book, Just Get out of the Way.
Speaker 1: Was here one more time? Ervine risers ready to erupt, can't fin ange six forty alive, Everybody.
Speaker 3: I Heart Radio app K S I N K O S T h D two Los Angeles, Orange County, more stimulating talk