Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner Clurk get them dives makes the cat backhand sign. Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 2: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 3: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 5: Come get it.
Speaker 4: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 4: I do it best.
Speaker 1: Overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 5: Ring.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim Kayshi, everybody, and welcome in too. Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. Hope you're well on this Tuesday afternoon. You're a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers first place. It's off the NLS at twenty four and eleven on this season. After a series opening win over the Marlins. Yes, today, the Dodgers look to do it again in South Florida today. Tony Gonsolin on the mound. First pitch, Miami is coming up at three p forty coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David vassa course throughout the hour, he'll go one on one with Eric Carrols from Sports at LA. We'll break down this pitching matchup. We got your price picks, double play of the Day, your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 2: Shortly, we'll visit with.
Speaker 1: Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA. In at just a few minutes, we'll check in with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday out the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, the Dodgers gave Ben Kissparius the bulk of the Indians. Jack Dryer got the start. Pitched into the second inning, Benkisparius would go four allow one run on five hits while striking out five.
Speaker 2: He threw seventy pitches in the effort.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, the Dodgers offense gave the Dodgers pitching staff some early run support. Top of the first, ta Oscar Hernandez in RBI double scoring Mookie bets Dodgers up one to nothing.
Speaker 2: Then in the third, a runner on for Freddy and then No.
Speaker 6: One and Freddie Hammers won the center field. This Paul heading back.
Speaker 3: This Paul on the way and is gone.
Speaker 7: Home run Freddy Freeman a two, two run homer Hamma Dodgers lead at three to nothing. Home run numbers seven for Freeman. He extends his hitting streak to ten games and.
Speaker 6: He is now tied for the most home runs against the Marlins all time with forty one. He's tied Ryan Howard and Ryan Zimmerman with forty one in counting.
Speaker 1: Also career home run number three hundred and fifty for Freddy Freeman. As the Dodgers grabbed a three to nothing lead in the fifth, it was show hay Otani with a two run absolute missile to right center to give the Dodgers a five to nothing lead. Then in this sixth inning, Hey Sung Kim with his first ribby in the big leagues.
Speaker 6: He looks one into shadow left center.
Speaker 7: Fit that's gonna drop for ahead, High has racing around third.
Speaker 3: He'll come into score, throw those to second. It gets away.
Speaker 6: Benfaro's gonna rumble the third base. Kim goes the first and the anchors there and the Dodgers now lead it six to uping.
Speaker 8: Oh He's two for three in his first major league start. He was also helping direct traffic and Ferdo did not go where that fall had gone when he went into second base and Kim was telling him, he'll go over to third, Go over to third.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sun Kim.
Speaker 1: With the RBI single, he goes two for four the RBI and as stolen bays. He is off to a fantastic start for the Dodgers, who were up six to one in the seventh when ced t three Chris Taylor at RBI double scoring Mookie. The Dodgers up seven to one. They'd go on a winnipy final of seven to four. Jack drier the starts and inning and a third handed it over to Casparius, who picks up the win. He went four innings, allowing just one run on the five hits. Alex Vesia guy in he saw Evan Phillips.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers in all had six different guys come out of the pen after Jack Dryer, as Kirby Yates gets his first save of this season. Dodgers improved to twenty four and eleven on this season, first place atop the NL West. Dodgers look to do it again over the Miami Marlins with Tony Gonsolin on the mound, game two of this three game set from South Beach and with more we head out to the Kalvin Motors broadcast booth as we say good afternoon to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Rufe closed again here in Miami on this Tuesday evening. In South Florida, the Dodgers and the Marlins, Game two of his three game said, Tony Gonsolin will make his second start of the season. He's one to zero in the area.
Speaker 5: Of four and a half.
Speaker 6: Cal Quantrill will make his second start against the Dodgers this year and his seventh start overall. He's two and three with an inflated ERA of eight. Well, lot's going on all around Dodgerland here in South Florida. As far as the active roster is concerned. Ta Oscar Hernandez on the IL James Outman is here and he is in the lineup. He'll play center field tonight. Andy pie Has will be over and right and out of the bullpen. Uandres Gomez was designated for assignment after he gave up three runs last night seven runs over his last two outings and former Dodger and most recently former Diamondback JP Fireeyes in his back and he is active and in the Dodger penn.
Speaker 8: Yeah, full flight from Oklahoma City coming into Miami, and for the Dodgers, they've had a full flight. Good question about it Atlanta and now in Miami is still have one word stop that being in Arizona. But good road trip to this particular point three and one. And in those three victories, in fact, for all four games, they've outscored the opposing teams twenty two runs to twelve. And it's a combination of some very timely hitting obviously, and quite frankly, the pitching has been there, and kudos to the bullpend they just continued to fill a lot of innings.
Speaker 3: They've been getting it down.
Speaker 6: The offense has been getting it done as well, especially against the Marlins. The Dodgers have won ten of their last eleven games against the Marlins, outscoring them one hundred.
Speaker 2: And five to forty four.
Speaker 6: And in just the four games they've met this year, Dodgers are four to zero and have outscored Miami forty one to nineteen. So the offense against the Fish has not been shy.
Speaker 8: No, it hasn't. And the Dodgers, I think over the bigger picture of won eight of the last ten. San Diego Victoria is in six of the last ten. Pres are not going to go away. They're just a half game behind the Dodgers. A good ball club. San Francisco is still trying to make some noise. They're two and a half back behind the Dodgers in the Nation League Western Division. So there's a lot going on. It's good baseball, and I think in particular, you look at that Western Division, I mean that is going to come down to what looks like a cat fight.
Speaker 6: It is, for sure, and the catman could be part of that decision for the Dodgers. He's been pitching exceptionally well, and I talked to Dave Roberts about him a little bit today. He's excited. He said, you'd never know this was just his second start. The way he is around the ball club, it's like he's been here the whole time. And he referred to his performance recently as surgical like and very precise.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and he worked all the pitches that were in that area. So the Dodgors hoping that he gets some offense. Finally some offense. Michael looking Ford oath. He snapped an over thirty one streak last night. He's feeling good about it. James Outman, who had a very good start in the games at Triple A this year. He's in Atlanta, batting eighth. He's in center field and for Heza Kim, I mean he comes on and he's going to bat in the nine spot, play at second base again. Had his first major league start last night and he wound up with a couple of bass hints also as stolen base. And he has been impressive and something looked forward to seeing again tonight.
Speaker 6: Tony Gonsolin won in all against cal Quantrille two and three Dodgers in Marlin's game two of this three games that in Miami. The roof is closed again at Lollan Depot Park. We're getting ready for some baseball tip.
Speaker 1: All right, so cat you down the first pitch on this Tuesday, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor, or are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, David vat say our Dodger Insider.
Speaker 2: We'll check you in throughout the show.
Speaker 1: We'll hear from Eric carrass We'll break down this pitching matchup, your price picks, Double Play of the Day.
Speaker 2: But up next you're O Tani.
Speaker 1: Rewind and we'll check in with Kirston Watson from Sportsnet LA. That's all coming up as we laid you up. The first pitch of Miami Dodgers and Marlins.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kase. It's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 4: Never this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It'ston Dodgers at the Marlin Game two, this three game set for Miami. Tony Gonsolin on the male Cal Quantrill. We'll go for the Marlins. A rematch of last week's head to head pitching matchup at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: First pitch today coming up in three forty.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 6: There goes Otani for second base pitch, a strike, throw down, save a second stolen base.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 6: Hey, O'tani, that is his tenth stolen base. Here comes the two to two pitch and Otani hammers this one a right failed. If it stays up, it's gone.
Speaker 3: It has gone.
Speaker 4: A home run.
Speaker 7: Into the Dodger colpen. A frozen rope for Otani. Oh, showtime here in South Florida. A two run shot. It is five nothing Dodgers. That ball was absolutely annihilated one hundred and seventeen point nine miles per.
Speaker 3: Hour off the back.
Speaker 2: He put on a show.
Speaker 1: Show, Hey Otani, he won for four the home run that he crushed, the two rbi on base also with the walk, and you heard stolen base number ten for show. Heyl Tani now hitting two ninety two on this season and on base percent is near four hundred and the Dodgers seven to four win yesterday against the Marlins.
Speaker 4: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kirston now joins us from Miami. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call each seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Tay Oscar Hernandez is off to a great start here in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Kirston, he is going on the IL.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's an unfortunate one. And yesterday we saw him come out of the game. He had there was a ball in the gap and he had gone for it, was able to make the play and get the out, but after that he pretty quickly after that he left the game. And so yesterday we were told it was potentially hamstring. Today the Dodgers he had an MRY and announced that he is now on the IL with a left groin strain. So, you know, Dave Roberts is telling us last night that for Tioscar to feel the need that he had to come out of the game, he has a pretty high pain threshold. So that's when you knew that it was pretty serious. So the concern level, while not necessarily extremely high, they knew that something was wrong. And so for him to have the MRI today and for it to show that grade one strain, it is going to be some time in which he's going to be down and I to shut him down for a little bit. But you know, he's had such a huge impact, especially at the top of the order, being the guy who had who leads the league in RBIs at the moment for him to like not to be in the lineup right now, and that's a tough blow for the Dodgers. So everyone else will then kind of step into kind of feel that void. But for ti Oscar, they are going to be without him for at least a few weeks. You know, there's not really a timeline, but it's going to be some time until he returns due to that groin injury.
Speaker 1: The beautiful thing about professional sports is next man up, whether it's baseball, for ball, basketball, and for the Dodgers it's James Outman who now gets an opportunity.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and for James there's gonna be a little bit of a runway just because you look, you've got ta Oscar on the IL, Tommy Edmunds currently on the IL, and as much as they're hoping for Tommy that it's going to be that just ten day Ilston, the team is going on to Arizona, which they're playing on turf. Now, with the news of Taoscar, who's on the IL, we likely will be seeing Tommy. The need would be higher for him to be in centerfield and playing in the outfield. But obviously that's a lot of running and tougher on your body. So right now there is there's opportunity for James outman. He knows what it's like to play at the big league level, he knows what it's like to have success, and yes we've seen some of those struggles. But you know, Dave Roberts was saying that the reports as of late, especially offensively, have been looking pretty good for James. So now the time is for him. You know, he's a professional just to take advantage of this opportunity because, as we've talked about, there's a little bit of runway right now. So if he can find a way to stick and put up some really good numbers, you know, well he could be a really great option to fill in for Taoscar while he's on the al to help support the outfield.
Speaker 1: Let's see if James can get that opportunity and run with it.
Speaker 2: Perciate it, Kirsten.
Speaker 1: We will check you with you after the game still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David bet Sagos one on one with Eric Curras up next. So we get you an injury report, and we'll here from the manager, Dave Roberts. That's all coming up as we lead up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday, first pitch of Miami's a three forty. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue.
Speaker 1: All season long, Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck in ten Us on this Tuesday afternoon, as we lead out to first pitch of Miami Dodgers and the Marlins Marongo Casino Resort and spot a Grand Slam for good times. Tony Gonsolin cal Quantrill. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for three forty.
Speaker 4: He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Fourteen players on the IL for the Dodgers, including to Oscar Hernandez who gets placed on the IL today. James Outman called up in the starting lineup today. By the way, is Tarzan to Oscar Hernandez a left groin strain, Tommy Edmond on the IL at the sore right ankle, Tyler Glass now on the I L with the shoulder inflammation, Blake Snell on the IEL at the left shoulder soreness. Also under the weather, Blake trying it on the sixty day, I L. Clayton Kersh on the sixty TODIL but set to return in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Let's check game with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 5: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts?
Speaker 10: With Dave Roberts it was a Grade one adductor And so with Tayo, you know he doesn't come out of baseball games, so put him on the IL. Obviously he's going to be inactor for a while, and I don't really know a timetable. I think that's all contingent when he starts back up again. But unfortunately, yeah, we're gonna lose them for a little bit.
Speaker 9: He's been off to an incredible start this year. Just what does that mean for the lineup, but also just kind of the impact he's having.
Speaker 10: Tom of order, Well, he's had a huge impact. We brought James outman, so James will be in centerfield today. Andy will slide go over to right. I just think it's gonna be more of a platoon base roster right now, and we'll kind of go from there.
Speaker 11: It's one thing to have guys feel his position in the outfield, but how much are you going to miss what he does offensively?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think just you know, even you know, even today, we've got Andy hitting second, where I sort of like him in the middle of the order to the middle bottom, and but he's you know, without Tayo, you're trying to balance out the lineup, and so a guy that can take professional bats, drive runs in, he's certainly going to be missed.
Speaker 5: Can we get some kind of ballpark? Is this a weeks? Many weeks?
Speaker 10: Thing were certainly weeks, But I just don't know how long.
Speaker 5: I mean, I really don't know.
Speaker 1: All Right, there's Dave Roberts talking about to Oscar Hernandez. When we continue here on Marongo Causeino Dodgers on deck, we'll get the latest with David Vasse Dodger insiders.
Speaker 2: We leave you up the first pitch Dodgers and Marlins.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kaison's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers botting of network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Marlins. On this Tuesday, the catman is on the prow. Tony Gonsolin going for the Dodgers first pitch coming up in.
Speaker 4: Three forty joining Tim Kits on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Bai.
Speaker 1: David now joins us from Miami. David the Domino effect with Tao's injury. How's this playing out right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you heard me ask Dave Roberts about that.
Speaker 11: Because they can have James Outman in center field, they can move Pahz to right, they can have Key k Hernandez out there. But really the biggest hole that needs to be filled is taoscar Hernandez is run production because he's in a key spot in the Dodger lineup and he's delivered all year leading Major League Baseball and RBIs with Aaron Judge, coming up big with runners in scoring position, coming up big with two outs in an inning, hitting clean up for the most part, and now that falls on Will Smith, who you know is one of the better hitters in baseball with runners in scoring position, no doubt about it. But he's a catcher, and that's a lot of burden to put on a catcher to be one of your number one run producers. So for me, that's going to be the interesting part of all this. Who is going to pick up the run production that Taoscar Hernandez has provided the Dodger Going back to last year.
Speaker 2: David has driven by Ford. There's one thing you like, its choices.
Speaker 1: Find yours at the fort half one fifty gas hybrid, all electric, tough, this smart. They can only be called the f one fifty. Hey son, Kim Dave off to a really good start. We see him on defense, we see him come off the bench as a base runner, and last night two for four, his first RBI is first hit.
Speaker 2: How long is he going to stay well?
Speaker 11: With the injury to Taoscar Hernandez, that runways a lot longer now. It would have been a tough call for the Dodgers when Tommy Edmund returned, probably now on the next Homestand because Dave Roberts said, because of the same type of turf the Dodgers are playing on here in Miami, they will have at Chase Field in Arizona day off Monday, so Edmund likely won't be activated until they return for the next homestand but when that was going to happen, it was going to be a tough decision for the Dodgers on what roster move they would make to activate Edmund with the injury to Taoscar Hernandez. Now Kim is here to stay Tim for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 1: He spark definitely provided a spark showy Otani put on a show yesterday, David with that home run that certainly getting a lot of attention.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and it's not O'tani that's getting the attention. He hit it one hundred and eighteen miles an hour, but he hit it into the Dodger bullpen and that's where Dodger trainer Jonathan rb was seated and he had his glove and he caught the home run. And that was a big deal for the bullpen, and I guess an even bigger deal for the Japanese media because little known Jonathan IRB from Camillo had a press conference in the dugout. The Japanese media wanted to have a press conference with Jonathan IRV, the Dodger trainer that is positioned in the Dodger bullpen today, and the reviews from the media, like Jack Harris of the La Times said he was much better than bat boy Javier Herrera last year in Chicago after he saved o'tan.
Speaker 1: By the way, Jonathan Irv dv A Seasun guy, cal Stanton orthagow about that.
Speaker 3: Yes he is, Yes he is.
Speaker 11: Him and Hami Hawkas are the two biggest names out of Camaro High School.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no arguing that.
Speaker 1: That's for sure, real quick, David Tony Gonsolin his second start back since coming off the engine list. He saw this Marlins team last week and was really good. I expect we should see the same today, right.
Speaker 11: I would expect so, and I would expect the Dodgers, even without ti Oscar Hernandez and Mookie Bets in the lineup, to get to Cal Quantrill.
Speaker 3: He has been very ordinary.
Speaker 11: And by the way, Cal Quantrill the prized big signing of the Marlins offseason.
Speaker 3: That was their biggest signing.
Speaker 1: Where were you and they signed Cal Quantrell. We'll never forget that day, David. All right, we'll check back in with you a little bit coming up here. I'm wrong, Goo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Eric Carrolls. We'll ti deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next, we got your Dodgers Magical Moment for leading up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday. I'm sim Cases World Champion Los Angeles DIT Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters. A game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday afternoon. Dodgers looking to make it too straight against the Marlins in Miami. They swept the three games set last week at Dodgers Stadium's looking to make it five straight already this season against the Fish.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up in three forty.
Speaker 3: I do here, hot dog? Who wants a hot Dog?
Speaker 4: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawby Hot Times.
Speaker 1: We go back to April fifth, nineteen ninety three, the Florida Marlins, an expansion team, taking on the Dodgers in the first ever regular season game at then Joe Robbie Stadium forty two thousand, three, three hundred and thirty four in attendance, Former Dodger Charlie Huff was pitching for the Marlins, the knuckleballer against the great Oral Hersheizer and yes, who was the first ever player to hit a regular season home run at Joe Robbie Stadium. If you guess Tim Wallack, you're right.
Speaker 2: Goodbye, way back.
Speaker 12: This bad is gone top deck home run for Tim Wallack. Whoa mercy That bawl was hit that went all the way up into the top deck. And it's a four to three Bowl game and Wallack is on the board with his first home run of the year, his first home run as a Dodger. It's way up on the top deck where they have the seats covered.
Speaker 1: The late great Don Drysdale on the call. Tim Wallack with the home run off Charlie Huff in the sixth inning as the Marlins would in the game six to three over the Dodgers, Charlie Huff the win, Oral Hershie of the loss, and Brian Harvey picking up this save for the Florida Marlins. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs. Haffe So Cow's a local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffy hot Dogs, local and so great. Let me continue here on Dodgers on Deck your Prize Picks double Play the Day, and we'll hear from Rick Monday the leading you up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday. I'm Tim Kason's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins. Tony Gonsolin on the mound for the blue cal quantrill. We'll go for Miami. First pitch is coming up at three forty.
Speaker 2: Got him with the two for.
Speaker 7: One hard shot to third throws the second hot in the first double funeries.
Speaker 4: This is the Price Picks double Play of the Day.
Speaker 1: Join me and millions of others playing fantasy baseball and fantasy sports at Price Picks. Yes, download the free Prize Picks app and when you do, sign up using the code go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars a lineup that's go blue. When you sign up, you just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash. It's so easy strikeouts, RBIs, total basses first inning runs, you pick more or less at prize Picks. Here's my double play of the day, Freddie Freeman. More or less a half an RBI, come on, more than a half an RBI? Show, Hey O Tani? More or less one and a half total bases. I'm gonna say more one and a half total bases for show? Hey O Tani Again, it's prize pick. Use the code go blue when you sign up Prize Picks, run your game.
Speaker 4: And now joined by David bas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcast and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick, You and Tim Nevertt already mentioned the roster moves, tai Oscar Hernandez going on to il and an opportunity again for James Outman.
Speaker 8: You know it is and there's no question about it, and you hope from a positive standpoint because you begin to look at some numbers. You know, when Autman first got called up a couple of years ago, you know, at the end of the season was all said and done, he was third place in the voting for the Nation League Rookie of the Year, and all of a sudden he went to spring turning the following season is like he forgot to bring his swing and then you could tell that he started to think about it and to think about it and to think about it, and in my estimation, became very defensive. As a hitter, you can't do that. It's difficult enough to be able to hit the baseball. So for the twenty seven year old coming back and hopefully this is going to be a sign of some good things, because he did some very good things numbers wise, in the thirty two games in TRIPLEA this year.
Speaker 11: Going back to what you just described about the last time we saw James outman in LA Isn't that the biggest challenge for him during this opportunity, no matter how short or long it is, to try not to do too much?
Speaker 8: And I think that he cannot make it. Internally, this is not about trying to impress other people. How much does he have to impress himself? And I say that very sincerely?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 8: Does he have an axe to grind right now? From an internal standpoint where he feels, hey, look I need to swing the bad better. Well, the door has opened. This is a wonderful opportunity for James output I just hope that he does not put too much pressure on himself to say, look, you can't get three hits with one swing. It takes at least three bats to get three hits. So I hope it just works out because the doctor's going to need him. I mean, we don't know how long ta Oscar her Nanus is going to be out. Okay, it was a hamstring last night, we heard it was tightness. Okay, he goes to the MRI. Now they put him on the IL. But muscle injuries at times can be very finicky, and we don't know how long it's going to be. The Dodgers, I think they're taking the right steps here. I don't know if he could play anyway right now, but you don't want to antagonize an injury with a leg and then make it throughout the entire season where you're kind of dealing with it.
Speaker 11: One player's legs that are feeling really good these days are Hayesaan Kim. He's back in the starting lineup after a great first start in Major League baseball last night.
Speaker 8: And I think he also he was directing traffic while he's on the bases as well, trying to duck Conforto when the throw was misplayed, Hey, look ahead and advance over to third base. He was doing that all the way from the first base bag. We saw him heads up base running when he was used as the pinch runner the other night in Atlanta, the final game of that series, after he stole second base and then alertly went over to third, so he was at third base. The Dodgers down by run of the ninth in Atlanta, and unfortunately the Dodgers could not score with him over at third base with even one out in that inning. But he has been a breath of fresh air and quite frankly, a totally different hitter from what we saw in spring. Truning to the positive side. And I said last night, I really handed to the haz on Kim. You know, it's not easy all of a sudden to make drastic moves from a hitting standpoint. He eliminated a lake kick. He eliminated a different stance, and he understands now, look not only slapping the ball to left field, which we saw him do, but he can pull the ball to right field because he has more time to do it, eliminating the lake kick.
Speaker 11: You mentioned this, and we hear from the best hitting coaches out there. He's more connected to the ground. That's the way the Dodgers hitting coaches have described it.
Speaker 8: And do you know who got him connected to the ground more? No show, Hey Otani. That's a good show. Hey Otani had the late kick when he first came up. If you think back the first time we saw Otani in an Angel's uniform Freeway series in Anahei, and we were saying, that's the guy we've been looking at. He was late on a lot of swings, didn't make the adjustment. And I was told last night that it was Otani that went to Kim and say, look, you need to get your foot on the ground. Forget that late kick. So it was show Hey Otani's maybe opening of the box where Kim now feels much more comfortable.
Speaker 11: And I loved O'tani being more excited for Kim after he got back to the dugout after his home run than he was for even himself.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because I think every major league player understands what it was like for them when they got their first hit and for them when they got their first start.
Speaker 11: You've been there. Thanks Rick, We'll check back in with you and Tim will We're done. Yeah, we're done for now.
Speaker 8: Thank goodness.
Speaker 11: Okay, you got more of me a little bit later. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot. TV.
Speaker 1: That's the Dodger game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan too. Start your future to California Community College. Financial aid's available to help you with the tuition, the books, and yep, sometimes even the red It's.
Speaker 2: Time to take that next big step. What are you waiting for?
Speaker 1: Class is gonna fill up quickly, so go to I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get your preview of this pitching matchup Rick, We'll be back with Tim Nepperd before first pitch and get you those keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Peric Carross or sports to at LA.
Speaker 2: That's next. Dodgers and Marlins are three forty. I'm Tim Kaks. It's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers one on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers at Marlins from Miami. Tony Gonsolin cal quantrill to pitching matchup. Ready to live at Zenchy Sweet Life. Well, here's your your shot at doing that. It's an unforgettable night in LA. Two premium Sweet tickets to a game this month, complete with your gourmet food, drinks, and preferred parking. It's luxury, it's exclusive, and it's all just one scan away with the QR coach. Just head to the Zenchi counter near the deli counter at any participating Rouse grocery store. Scan that QR code right there at the Zench counter and for your chance to win this once in a lifetime opportunity. Details at am FI seventy, LA sports dot com. Zenchi Sushi, fast, fresh and easy and.
Speaker 4: Now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight.
Speaker 3: Well, I had to catch up with my TV partner.
Speaker 11: It's always great to be on sports and at LA with the great Eric Carrows, who has hit more home runs than any other LA Dodger in history, the nineteen ninety two National League Rookie of the Year, the first of five in a row for the Dodgers, and he wears a nice Dodger Polo on TV each and every day.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 13: Absolutely love to love to help you out, DV, especially after working together in Atlanta and looking forward to the next time.
Speaker 5: Colorado and KC.
Speaker 3: We always get the A road trips.
Speaker 13: That's right, that's what I'm talking. This is the A road trip Atlanta, Arizona. We got some big teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the rooftops in Miami are beautiful.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that. I don't go out.
Speaker 11: When you look at this team and where the Dodgers are baseball's best record, it feels like there is still more and that's a little scary for the rest of the league.
Speaker 13: I think just because of the expectations we've had and that were placed on the Dodgers, Well, we're going to win one hundred and twenty games, one hundred and thirty games. You know, the reality is that you know it's a long season. The season does not discriminate. You're going to have your ups and downs. Every organization is. But every single day this year, if you ask me what team I would want to be, I would say I want to be the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 11: It feels like a lot of players want to play on this team. You obviously were a really good first baseman. We get to see one of the best in Freddie Freeman. Do you feel like he's starting to look like the Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 13: So it's interesting, you say, we were talking about it on the broadcast last night, where one of the most underrated great starts in all of the league. I mean, if you look at what he's done so far, you know, the OPS is over a thousand, it's hitting home run.
Speaker 5: The RBI's driving and runs.
Speaker 13: And this is a guy that again is coming off major injuries last year, had the bathtub accident, and is just still quietly I said, like you look at the numbers, They're unreal.
Speaker 11: I've said before Eric that if my life was on the line and I needed and at bat from a current player, I think Freddy would be that guy.
Speaker 13: I think somebody copied what I say every guy on a broadcast because I've said live or die. I said this, you know last year, live or die a guy on second base and I need to get him in. Doesn't matter who's out there pitching. Freddie Freeman is up at the plate and he continues to show that, you know, no matter what he has, he has an innate ability to drive in runs.
Speaker 5: And he's still he's old school.
Speaker 13: Where RBI's RBI's meant something. And if you look at there's two guys on this team currently for me, it's Tail and Freddy that at all costs, I'm driving in the run.
Speaker 11: I'm glad you brought taoscar Hernandez. He obviously got hurt. He's out for weeks. According to Dave Roberts, how big of a hole is that in the lineup?
Speaker 13: So again it's going to I look at it as it's going to create opportunity. And so James Outman is going to get a run right now, he's gonna come.
Speaker 5: Are you going to replace him?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: It's just like are you going to replace Blake Snell?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Are you going to replace Tyler Glasnew?
Speaker 13: No? But the organization has created depth, depth that is second to none.
Speaker 5: So when when guys.
Speaker 13: Get hurt here in this org, it's okay, yes, that that's not great. It happens in every organization. Corbyn burns down, sang it down, steal down like everybody. But the difference is here we can put in guys that are everyday players and they're going.
Speaker 3: To produce Eric Harrison.
Speaker 11: Steven Nelson will be on the call tonight for Sports net LA. Obviously, Eric has a big place in Dodger history. When you look at hay Soong Kim Eric, there's a lot of buzz about what he did last night and what he did in the ninth thing in Atlanta. Is the biggest thing now is to be consistent after this splash.
Speaker 13: Well, I mean, it's just getting an opportunity and going out there and playing. And I think what he did in Atlanta, for me, forget the stealing the base, forget moving second to third, it was having the confidence to go out and do that because this is his first experience in the big leagues and he's in a crucial situation, and he acted like he had been.
Speaker 5: There a thousand times over.
Speaker 13: Then obviously last night, getting an opportunity to start and coming up with an RBI, a few base hits so far, and again it's two games. The one thing I can confidently say is he does not seem to be overwhelmed in his first trip to the big leagues.
Speaker 11: Before I let you go back in nineteen ninety three, the Marlins first came into Major League Baseball and the Dodgers were the first team to play the Marlins. It was Charlie Huff on the mound. What do you remember the most about that first ever Marlin's game?
Speaker 13: Charlie Huff versus Oral Hersheizer and I couldn't believe we were facing Charlie Huff. I think also I was thanking goodness that I didn't get drafted in the expansion draft that was playing for the Marlins.
Speaker 5: But they went out.
Speaker 13: And they beat us, Charlie through a great game, beat Oral, and you know it was It was interesting, but a long time ago, for sure.
Speaker 3: Did you like playing at the old Joe Robbie Stadium?
Speaker 13: No, I mean it was all right, It wasn't bad, I will say this, and you know it was after my Dodger tenure though, But when we played there in the playoffs with the Cubs, that place you could not find an empty seat, and you know that was like seventy thousand people and that was insane.
Speaker 11: All right, Well, we won't remember how that ended. Thanks a lot for the time, Eric, and always love seeing you, and certainly you mean a lot to a lot of Dodger fans because of what you did and what you teach us every night, so thank you.
Speaker 5: Look forward to working together again. Davy all right, Yeah.
Speaker 11: Eric Carrolls with the great fabio hair here on out beach. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Eric Carrols.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shanky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night, it's Shankys dot Com. We'll continue here on Dodgers on Deck. When we come back, we're break down this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim kats Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday, Game two of this three game set from South Beach.
Speaker 2: First pitch at three forty.
Speaker 4: And now before the Dodgers hit the din neck, we look at the pitching matchupre.
Speaker 1: Hit about your Southern California Toyota dealers, work hard and play hard at a New Tacoma with an I force, turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. He you're a Toyota dealer today they make it easy. Cal Quantrell in the mount thirty year old right hander two and three with an eight ten e R. Seventh season the Big Leagues, first with the Marlins, making his seventh start this year. Last time out, Cal Quantrill faced these Dodgers Wednesday at Dodger Stadium three and two, third innings, four runs, six hits in a loss. In nine career appearances eight starts against the Dodgers, he is one in seven with an eight to twenty two R. Ray Tony Gonsolin goes for the Dodgers. The Catman is back, thirty year old right hander making his second start off the injured list. He missed six hundred and twenty one days between his last start and the last start on Wednesday at Dodger Stadium, and congratulations to Tony gonsolm what a return it was. Six innings, three runs, six hits, nine strikeouts in a win over these Miami Marlins last Wednesday. Those nine strikeouts, by the way, the most for Gonsolin since twenty twenty. This is his fourth career start against the fish. Tony Gonsolin, cal Quantroll Dodgers Marlins were fifteen minutes away.
Speaker 2: First pitch, keys to the gayar.
Speaker 1: Next, I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 4: Nelloy, this is Marongo. Because you know Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Lead you out to Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday, game two of this three game set. Tony Gonsolo cal Quantrell the pitching bench up. First pitch coming up at three forty. Before that, we head back at to the booth one final time. Tim never Rick Monday Guests.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Tim.
Speaker 6: The roof is closed here alone Depot Park four of the second straight night indoor conditions for baseball between the Dodgers and the Marlins. The pitching matchup featuring Tony Gonsolin makes a second start seventy seven pitches. In his first start against the Marlins back on the thirtieth of April, he struck out nine, allowed one home run it was to Kyle Stowers, but he was outstanding, especially against right handed batters. They only went one for eleven against him and he struck out seven.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the fact that he had nine strikeouts and no walks in that period of time. Was really something to be hold on the flip side the Dodgers, you know, don't take Quantrell for granted. Oh yes, Dodgers have had very good success against him. They of the eight is the era as well over eight. However, he's also trying to lower the batting average against, not only in the overall average, but also in runners in scoring position at batting average. He's the guy too. Don't take it for a goading. He throws six different pitches. The question is what's working tonight.
Speaker 6: That's going to be the question and the key to this one. What will be working tonight for Quantrill? As far as pitching goes tomorrow, Dave Roberts confirmed that Landon Nack, who is here in the Dodger Clubhouse now, will pitch tomorrow in the finale in the afternoon here in Miami. Also tonight, JP Fireeisen is in the bullpen. You wonder he's gonez designated for assignment earlier today. Also James Outman is here as Taoscar Hernandez could be on the shelf for a little while, according to the manager, saying that the Grade one adductor strain of the hamstring is going to be maybe a couple of weeks. He doesn't know exactly how much, but don't expect to see Taoscar Hernandez in the lineup for the while Cal Quantrill Tony Gonsel in the pitching matchup. Dodgers and Marlins coming up.
Speaker 1: Tim Dodgers getting at it, looking to win again over the Miami Marlins team that they took three straight from at Dodgers Stadium last week. Continue that success against him with a win yesterday in Miami. It's Japanese Heritage Night in Miami, so we'll see if the fans come out to see shoh Otani and the Dodgers, who go into play tonight with a half game lead over the Padres. Dodgers twenty four and eleven on this season, winners of eight of their last ten. First pitch is next. Dodgers and Marlins from Miami.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it. I'm Tim Kats.
Speaker 1: It's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Night.