Speaker 1: It's the lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and carn s e O and JP Sorrow. He's a lapsed fan and all my years and wrestling.
Speaker 2: I never seen anything and it's the laps fan man like the one in the ring. Forget about Sado.
Speaker 3: He the real king of swing.
Speaker 2: When the bell goes in the kick like me throwing in the corner, but gets rash like stick even Jerry King gets take off. The crowd nodded in his head like its Steve low Brown. Would you get low down?
Speaker 3: We go even high up?
Speaker 2: Flipp you on your head, but you know cool driver, you speak more and Dragon spits fire, give you more shock than when he treats higher drop a more truth than the con of sniper unless you with a coconut.
Speaker 3: Roddy Pipper Jack a JP.
Speaker 2: He like j h D drop the cupcakes and gold the brain Bob means the best podcast. Frost start the close cloud if you are it is a flass sicond pose.
Speaker 4: It is a new year, it is a new decade. It is a new x here at TLM dolls. Yes, it is welcome to twenty twenty five scause it's kind of wild.
Speaker 2: You know, I was thinking Actually, you know, TLFX actually isn't done yet. It's not over yet. Do you know why why? Because the anniversary is May twenty eighth. Well, that's true. That's that's it. So it's TALFX until May twenty eighth.
Speaker 4: It's TLFX until we get crowned Best Wrestling Podcast by the Sports.
Speaker 2: Podcast A wells damn straight?
Speaker 4: I mean, is this not the most like perfect thing to fall out of the sky and into our lapse on a yeel where in so many ways we're reflecting on what it's all meant and we're embarking upon a new year here, and we do want to, right off the top, send a wholehearted thanks to everybody on social media who's indicated to us that they have voted for us. We want to kick off this mailbag show. And believe me, santas Sac has been bursting over the holidays. It has been months since we've gone through the best missives from any fan base on any podcast that has ever existed on the face of God's green Earth. Indeed, I'm going to get to business here because that's the way to start the year, right. You start the year by tidying up, don't you?
Speaker 2: Boss.
Speaker 4: You start the years making sure everything has its place, and then as you head out into a new year, you don't feel like vestiges of the year prior are laying about everyone, keeping you stuck in a prior mode. That's not what we do here, not at all. But this is urgent because the time to vote is rapidly closing. We got word that we were nominated as finalists in this series of awards, which is run by a sports podcast group. They do like an annual award thing called, you know, the Sports podcast Towards. It's pretty self explanatory. Yes, And the voting will close January thirteenth.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. And if you're out there within.
Speaker 4: The sound of our voice and have seen our tweets and our entreaties that we tried to plaster all over not only our socials but the podcast feed as well as the unwrapping played out to record success this this Christmas season, yep, you do need to act, and you know, because it's a popularity contest, you do need to tell everybody you know to act as well, even if they've never heard the show, but if they care about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's not one of those types too, where you can vote and vote and vote, right, it's only one vote per person. I'm pretty sure. Yeah. I mean I'm not sing like per email, I should say.
Speaker 4: I think that's how it works. I've hesitated to vote myself because that's a little weird, but yes, you do have.
Speaker 2: I voted for us, absolutely.
Speaker 4: It's all my emails, so you know then, so yeah, you know the answer to the question, did you try to vote with the same email twice?
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like I did it. You know, I did it a while ago. I did it when we first did it, and I don't really remember, but I feel like that was the case.
Speaker 4: You know, when we took a step in this direction, it wasn't even clear to us that this is something that the broad populist decides that this was a popularity contest because you had to submit, you know, like an application and sort of give them samples of what you thought your best stuff was to make the cut, and you sort of go into that with this sense that, Okay, there's actually going to be a judge that decides best podcasts. So that sounds like that sounds like something we can win, you know, yeah, right, But if it's a if it's a numbers game. Then unfortunately, we've got to marshal the resources, just like we do every time around this year. When you know, the past couple of years there's been a live show, which there won't be this year coming up in association with WrestleMania, we go a whole hog.
Speaker 2: We don't leave any.
Speaker 4: Stone unturned, right pounded the pavement and getting the word out. We don't want to leave anything on the table when it comes to numbers games, and so we're going to need everything you can muster here in the new year. Make it your resolution to get the coach here much needed recognition on the year of TLFX for Best Wrestling Podcast in the Sports Podcast Awards twenty twenty five. It's Sports Podcastgroup dot com is the url for the organization that puts the awards on and then it's pretty easy from there to find the twenty twenty five Sports Podcast Awards and then the best Wrestling category. We've also put the link up several times in our social media channels X in particular, and so we thank everybody and have been sure to shout out everybody, whether retweet or a like or a fist pump on social for doing what it takes, because it's the Boss Man just illustrated. It isn't just a one click thing. It does take a little bit of inputting of information and such to get your vote across the transom. But look, we've got the fans that are willing to go that extra mile to deal with that inconvenience. Yes, and I think it's I don't know, it feels right, boss, It feels like it's time to proved to motherfuckers that like, the only reason we don't have all the awards is because we don't bother most of the time.
Speaker 2: It's not even trying to nothing to prove. It's more like, now's the time to show the world, and show the world what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think on the New Year, it's always healthy for us, let alone for the solar system at large, to be reminded what it is we're trying to establish here.
Speaker 2: To show the world that there is only one all right, that there is only one that when it comes down to it, right, when it comes down to putting together the history, putting together the story, and most importantly, being able to more accurately than not not by any sort of pretense on our part, but to accurately get in the minds of these fuckers. There's none out there. It's not possible. It's method acting, yes, And you know, and if you're not listen, if you're not if you're missing out on this again, We've said it a million times. We're here. We're always here, right, we are. We are mother and father, and we are always our arms and our doors are always open to embrace you when your time has come. That's right. I mean in a weird way too, It's like, you know, we're we're also Saint Peter at the Gate, right, we're welcoming you into to to u a higher a higher level of living and and and being, particularly for the wrestling fan exactly. I mean, if you're and hey, you know what, though I've seen some of these emails Tiven for non wrestling fans, they're out there and bless their hearts, you know, there's a lot of them. Categories in the Sports Podcast Awards Best Comedy Podcast, Hello, Best overall podcast. Hello. But it's wrestling, so no one's going to give you. Yeah, you don't get to be the best of other things when you're you know, we're in the we're in the bastard step child category. Exactly.
Speaker 4: Let's practice what we preach. If we're gonna mock a wrestler for trying to write a memoir, for example, that they trick themselves into thinking anybody but a wrestling fan is going to buy and enjoy. We can't just as well turned around and pretend that we can step outside our bounds for recognitions. It's there, of course, and we're blessed to have it, but we also make no allusions as to what base it is that we're seeking to firm up and give sort of an outlook that allows them to live with some self respect. Yeah, after having been bitten by the bug of one of the most ludicrous industries to ever exist, and it just gets more and more ridiculous all the time, and we just get more and more ramped up to do what we can to put the lapsed lens on it all. You do know, of course, that the live calls are going to be rocking this year on Patreon, because we've got the Netflix raw that we're going to cover. We've got Saturday Night's main event, which apparently is going to be quarterly, including one coming up the end of January. Yes, Jesus fucking Christ, get some letters. Hearing the feedback show about that. How you feel in coming off that thing? It kind of feel good. I mean I don't have any lingering negativity towards it at all.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know about like actual negativity. I would say that it you know, they could have done. I feel like they were too. They were a little fearful. I think Trips was a little fearful in actually going full fucking hog into what Saturay Night's main event was. I think there were some opportunities that were missed. I think no graphics really affected my entertainment of it. And then, you know, but it was good. It was fine. I'll tell you what. The highlight of it Jesse Ventura. So that's it for me. He was amazing, absolutely, absolutely, and apparently we'll be back. And what do you know? It did? Used to be better?
Speaker 4: Yep, because when you bring someone in cold who probably hasn't watched more than ten minutes of professional wrestling in twenty years, and he can say things on commentary that make you actually care about the match in a way you haven't in twenty years. That's what we've been saying since twenty fourteen. Exactly the instincts that were drilled into people who were good enough to be on national television and professional wrestling just aren't there in the volume and quantity they need to be in the current crop, and it's not their fault. They do what they have to do to thrive in the business conditions that they're handed. However, that does not mean that the way of institutionalizing, I guess is one way to put it. These guys in the past wasn't better, wasn't superior, and didn't produce an instinct in the performer, the wrestler, the commentator or whatever that just makes it more satisfying to watch. That just makes it easier to watch you in it instead of takes you out of it every ten minutes. So big ups to the body and big ups to the thesis of the lapsed fan. As Saturday Night's main event returns, then we get the rumble, and then you know what the deal is, and we're gonna go extra hard around WrestleMania because we're not going to Vegas. So of course we're going to service the patree, the patreon we haven't in years for Mania, and as far as live shows, it doesn't mean we're taking twenty twenty five off. We've got our eye very strongly on doing maybe a summer thing around Summer Slam in the New York City area. We're particularly strong in the East Coast. I think we've demonstrated that to ourselves and everybody else, and so maybe that's maybe that's the play we'll see. I want to stay tuned for information in that as we go. And we're really excited here in the first episode of twenty twenty five as we turn the page in so many ways to bring it the conclusion of this episode, an update on a near and dear Solar System member. These mail bag shows, Boss, of course, they're about in the Solar System and how valuable a part of the ecosystem they are, how they are into the gasoline to the whole upper. You've heard us talk about our good friend Gabe, who's been in the show a bunch of times. Yeah, we've told you before about the podcast the Whole Ballgame that he started with fellas fellow Solar System member Blake, about baseball, kind of taking a lapsed lens to baseball. You've heard from them in the year before Gabe had health challenges. We shared a lot of info over the weeks on the show about his gofund me as he wanted to wunn open heart surgery. And we're proud to say thrilled to say that Gabe is not only back on his feet, but sounds amazing, sounds just as he did before the procedure. And we saw it to it over the holiday season to reconnect with Gabe now that he's feeling up to it, and just to kind of get get a report back on what it was he went through and what it is boss his experience can tell us about how we should proceed in the new year.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry say that again, you went out there for a moment.
Speaker 4: Sure, just his experience and what it tells us about how we should proceed in the new year.
Speaker 2: Oh, indeed, absolutely, I think that's I think that's important. I think I think Gabe has a lot to say in that regard, and he will and do what he does and enlighten us very much.
Speaker 4: And that'll be coming your way here at the end of the episode. So we do want to let you know that if part of your new year's resolution includes not only getting right with living a moral life, which we might be able to help with, probably not, but maybe to the fallen angel that is the wrestling fan, we can offer some support if it's not already too late. If you're going to hit the gym, everyone does this right New Year. You've probably had some runs with this right January first, baby, hit the gym?
Speaker 2: No, okay, me either. Good.
Speaker 4: I think that has a I think that has more to do than we probably realize with. Why we can cast so hard and be so relatable to so many is because we didn't have this period of time where we decided we were going to be someone we're not, which is one way to.
Speaker 5: Go at it.
Speaker 4: But we got to tell you. We have to tell you, folks, if this is the year, if this is the time when you're going to try to be a protein guy, be a gym guy or gal and make that happen, there is a lapse to prove way to do it. Because, for all we just said, our good friends at Titan Nutrition remain very much in our corner and believe in the solar system as a cohort worth catering too. And so if you want to supplement this year, first of all, just the name Titan, as we've said a million times, it just makes too much sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's exactly what it makes the most perfect sense, and so.
Speaker 4: We'd like to thank Titan absolutely. At the top of twenty twenty five, we're talking about a full line of expertly formulated nutritional products to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. Around this time of year, of course, many people plan to get moving and work off some of the inches that may have accumulated around the waist during the holiday season. And one product that can not only help you burn off those excess calories, but also give you the metal boost that you need to move your body. As Titans powdered weight loss formula and Light, This great tasting drink increases your metabolic rate so you burn more calories both in the gym and at rest, and it also contains healthy fiber which is great for gut health and helps keep cravings away between meals, while it has plenty of caffeine to substitute your coffee, and Light is also designed to help you focus, lifting your mood and productivity. It comes in six amazing flavors, can be easily mixed and taken on the go, and you can find it ladies and gentlemen of the solar system at Titan nutrition dot net. And if you use the promo code Lapsed at checkout, you're gonna get ten percent off your purchase and free shipping. Again, that's Titan Nutrition dot Net with the discount cold Lapsed. Tell them we sent you, and get on track this year in a tlf CO Chare approved way. No better time to share that message than New Year's Resolution season.
Speaker 2: Oh exactly. I mean, listen, you're all going to try. Yes, You're all gonna try yes, and I and I don't fault for that.
Speaker 4: And there's virtue in that. There's virtue. Indeed, thankfully it's not New Year's Revolution season.
Speaker 2: Well that would suck. I mean they didn't bring that one back yet, so we can count our blessings, don't. They do it with something? Though fairly recently, like in the last couple of years, they did something New Year's Resolution. Is it Day one you're thinking of? No, they actually called something New Year's Resolution, but I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 4: They do, I believe use that for NXTX supercards. Yeah, and they have New Year's Evil. Maybe they call it something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Can I can I just stop for god's sake, it's gonna be evil. It's gotta be you know, medieval like knock it off. So we were counting our webs what it is. Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Well, they're not gonna level up. They canceled that show, which is like an NXTB brand if you can believe it. And we're entering the era of Netflix. Man, this is gonna get really gross. I'm sorry to tell you, but it does not look like they are even thinking for a second about how to allay the fears of those who know that while in any given week or any given month, the archives aren't the most watched things on Peacock or the former WW network, the erswild WW network, why would they That wouldn't make any sense. Why would Why would anybody watch a show from ninet eighty five and great enough volume to register? But over time, as we demonstrate the existence of our podcast demonstrates, over time, what matters to the is the archive. Over time, what the archive is all that matters because that's that's your legacy, right is it that hard to understand? Over time?
Speaker 4: Is knowing what matters is knowing that everything is there to rewatch or that if you lapse in your watching.
Speaker 2: This is so big.
Speaker 4: I don't think they ever think about this. If somebody is following WWE and for whatever reason doesn't for six months, five months, four months, it happens to all of us. Well, it doesn't happen to Toss, but you get my point. It happens still a lot of people. Well, yeah, yeah, that's true. We sort of force you to not fall into that pattern, but you would. Yeah, those people are still gonna subscribe if they know they have access to something that can catch them up when they feel like they have the time or when they feel like, you know, poking through. And they may never do it, but they'll still pay for it. And that instinct is going to be extinguished if the archive isn't full and robust. So the people that you lose, you're gonna lose like typical Netflix style churn, Like I don't care this month. I'm not subscribing, literally not. I don't understand. I really don't, because it's there, it's done. We're not asking We're not asking them to digitize a vault and put a lot of legwork in. We're asking them to not be a bunch of bitches is what we're basically not to be fucking idiots, fucking morons exactly. I mean, but again, you know what, if they want to do it, fine, I've got an archie right and by now they've forced us to game plan, and we've amassed such a mighty system, in such a mighty interconnected network, you're not gonna fucking put us on our back foot.
Speaker 2: We went through all this with Peacock.
Speaker 4: Remember we did the whole head fake, like, well, we almost mocked the idea that we have to go out of business because the network isn't there anymore, give me.
Speaker 2: Or because Peacock's gonna be a shit show, which it kind of is.
Speaker 4: We need the archive, we need the archive, but our fans need us to have the archive more than we need the archive.
Speaker 2: Do you see that?
Speaker 4: Do you see how that works? And so if you're gonna if you're gonna push us, if you're gonna fuck around, you're gonna find out and it's gonna be great for us because not only will there be the pull of hearing us review the show, it'll always also be like, oh, I can't even watch this motherfucker anymore. So now I'm doubly interested in revisiting it because.
Speaker 2: Yep, I can't. We have no way to watch it unless you have your own copy of it.
Speaker 4: So I guess game over. Thank you, is what I'm trying to say in this new normal where smackdowns going to three hours.
Speaker 2: As well Netflix. So it's a shit show.
Speaker 4: So we're excited and we're bullish going into this huge deal for WWA and the upcoming live call can be yours for your Patreon dollar. You know this, you know the story, you know the score under the cinemat. We dropped one of the most epic episodes we'll ever do on one of the most epic movies ever made for Christmas Day. Yeah, and boss, I'm sure the Solar systems wondering what's in your head for twenty twenty five regarding UTC for your ep and above tier dollar.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of good stuff, you know. I've got a whole slate of possibilities and I'm not going to give any away just yet. We've got classics. We've got one, honest to god, We've got one that I I just found out about, just found out about. Wow. You found out that it qualifies. I found out that it's a movie like that. Yeah, that qualifies, not even that it qualifies. But I never heard of this movie and it stars Humphrey Bogart. All Right, that's all I'm gonna say. And I was like, holy shit, and it's gonna happen. It's gonna happen this year. I know, I do want to say, I do want to apologize. You know, I know I did promise a complete Christmas movie season this year. It just, you know, when when I started digging into the Wizard of Oz, it just was taking up too much time and it was too important for me to do that one. And I also needed a couple of weeks just off of the James Bond you know, the James Bond journey, and then scheduling it just was it was weird how it just was not meant to be. Well, it's such a short season too, and it was very short, three and a half weeks of Christmas. Fuck that you had basically like a week, you know, right, I mean that was like I was kind of you know, I was, I wanted to start, you know, slowly the week after Thanksgiving and then kind of dig into stuff. And then I was like, wait a minute's Christmas. It's like it's already Christmas, Like there's no time to do anything else.
Speaker 4: And let me cut into that, because I can attest to having done the sid tribute for instance, like what's great about it? What keeps it going? Like if this wasn't true, it would be it wouldn't be long before it isn't worth doing the show anymore, honestly right its What has to be true for TLF to be TLF is that when we find ourselves going down a rabbit hole and things start taking on a life of their own, and the tail end of the process just keeps getting elongated and elongated til we can barely see it on the horizon, we have to know that you are going to keep handing us the ball to run to the finish line, no matter how far away it may be.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: We have to know that we've got the only audience on any podcast that we could ever hope for that says, do it, go for it, don't stop until the corpse is exhausted, don't stop until the account is serviced. This customer needs service, and this customer is a movie that the boss Man's dive for under the cinemat this customer is a tribute subject like sid for the main feed or some kind of long form journey on all of the different things we've covered over the years, and it's always the thing you go back to. It's always the thing you're glad we overdid. And by god, a couple of years pass and it seems like we underdid it every single time, right, be exactly things keep getting pointed out, tentacles, new branches on the tree that we didn't consider it first blush, even though we felt we were exhaustive and exhausted going through the process.
Speaker 2: Exactly it.
Speaker 4: But that's the virtuous cycle that makes all this worth it, and the mail bag is going to be further proof of that here as we crack it open for the first time in several months on the show. Now, we're gonna go in kind of verse chronological order. No, yes, we're going to go from most current two oldest letters this time because we're coming off the unwrappening and it was epic, and it was even more epic not only to record it, but even more epic to roll it out like we did twenty five Days of Christmas style and have Mama Sorrow in the room for the first time, and so many members of the Solar System appreciated that we're picking up on all these great nuances along the way. The silver Tuna, in a lot of ways was the care package from Saint Mary's Cathedral. Oh yes, this was something that we had a decent degree of information on while we were opening the gift on the unwrappening in terms of how it came together, But we just felt like it begged more clarification, because how do your CoA chairs end up being in position possession? I should say of an autograph picture of sid Udy signed from the church that he was trying to get people to send cases and cases and cases of Vienna sausages to in his last years on Earth. And Brandon, who is responsible I put his head together with some of the other homies out there in the Solar System. Didn't he see what make this thing happen? Was kind enough to lay out for us. Now that the gift is in receipt and it's been opened and reacted to, for all the Solar System to hear and re joice in. We shared an image of the materials on our social media accounts. I turned out to you, Boss, please convey Brandon's blow by blow for a process that only the lapsed Fan could engender someone to retake.
Speaker 2: That's that is exactly it. I mean, you think about, you think about I mean, I want to, I really am here. I would be curious, are there any other podcasts now who could elicit this kind of a response. I'm waiting and I'm not trying to. I'm not trying to toot our own horn, and I am, but I'm also genuinely curious because this is one of the most wackiest yes, and most incredibly thought out resources and dedicated right gift that I mean, the whole, the whole presentation of it was just completely just out of this world.
Speaker 4: And didn't it feel like there was some divine intervention having your mom there to explain the same way, Oh god, the significance of the shawl. If she wasn't sitting with us, we would have just put that to the side, like, Okay, I guess this is just a rapping like and she.
Speaker 2: Was excited about it, excited about it. I mean, just wild, just absolutely wild.
Speaker 1: Fan wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy.
Speaker 6: It's the lapsed fan just because we posted a new episode of The Lapsed Fan doesn't mean we are done with the campaign to take what is rightfully ours. If you haven't yet vote for The Lapsed Fan to win the award for Wrestling Podcast of the Year, click on the show's notes, follow the link and do the right thing.
Speaker 1: He's an Lapsed Fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Carno and JP Soro.
Speaker 2: So here we go. I knew this year I wanted to finally send a gift for the Christmas show. I was originally thinking about some w CW stickers or maybe every Raven Trading card that's been made. But after hearing part one, I love that. That's part one, by the way, it was part one where the fucking Vienna's come into play. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In fact, I just you know, I was like, oh, it's funny he keeps. As I was researching the interviews he did in his later years after his wrestling career, he would bring it up a lot, and I'm like, oh, that's kind of a funny thing.
Speaker 2: I'll mention that.
Speaker 4: But I did not think it was going to be every single episode and it would come to characterize I mean, Vienna sausage is sid that's why you need to trust us when we do this stuff, when we do this kind of digging, because we don't know on the front end what's going to end up being the gems and the diamonds we have to mine.
Speaker 2: We have to mine. Yeah, And that's exactly exactly that's why you know. Otherwise, if we don't do that, things are less than sanguine. Things are less than sanguine and less than worth it, that's for sure. But after hearing part one of the Sid Tribute, I knew I wanted to get you a SID meal pack. Then Part two of the tribute came out and we could see, we could all see that viennas were now a full fledged gimmick. I figured every member of the Solar system would now be sending in viennas for the Christmas show. My gift would be worthless. But then I thought, what if I could send them real viennas, Sid's actual viennas from his church. I went back. I wasn't prepped for that. I should have had that. I went back. There we go and owned through part one to find the street address a name of the church Sid gives out in the interview. I google the chur church's name and the address separately. To double check that this was the right place, I navigated to the Saint Mary's of Memphis website, found the con found in the contact section, and began crafting an email. But I can't tell this church that they were indirectly mentioned on a wrestling podcast. Now that's how I hung up on. Yeah, yeah, that's how. That's how you don't get a response. I can't ask them to send me food meant for the homeless. I'm going to need to convince them. I'll have to touch their hearts to make this happen. Now, this is the time I mentioned that as a teenager, I joined the bullshit carnival. I was ushered into adulthood and taught life's lessons by such ethical athletes as Larry's Obisco. To quote Larry before you continue reading, If you want to enjoy the circus, don't peek behind the curtain.
Speaker 4: Why am I not surprised that someone who's actually been in the business was able to pull this off?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly. That's that's kind of the that that's it, I mean, that's that's that's who you get to to pull something, pull a caper like this off. And this is definitely a caper, hands down. I lied to the church. Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, I wouldn't recommend that, But my God, are we the beneficiaries of it?
Speaker 2: I mean, depends on depends on how you feel about the church, you know. I guess it was in the church. It was just yeah, in general, you know. I told them about my grandfather Jack, whose parents were Italian immigrants that emigrated from Italy to West Memphis. God, this was to explain his last name in Carnassio, an Italian name. Come on, Oh, that's fucking great in case it came up. Grandpa Jack was born in Memphis and spent his entire life living by the Word of God and attending Saint Mary's Cathedral, but apparently not a registered member of the congregation.
Speaker 4: It's amazing that he told these people that this guy went to the church for years and they don't know you that you went to the church. But yeah, well, as far as they're concerned to the sky, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When his health started to decline fifteen years ago, he moved to Florida to be closer to family. This set up distance and explained why the package would be delivered to me in Florida. Grandpa Jack is dying. Oh my god, Grandpa Jack is dying. That's going to be shorthand as the years ago. Yep, and won't make it past Christmas. As a family, we decided to have his birthday three months early, on November first, as a way to say goodbye. He loves his church so much. The beautiful columns and this is I mean, if this is the kind of email you know you send to a church if you're if you have accepted your seat in hell. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I think the Good Lord might have a little more appreciation before the the trick starter.
Speaker 2: Than we give. I would imagine. I would imagine God has a sense of humor always. Nobody else would have a sense of humor better. Yeah, yeah, right. He loved his church so much. The beautiful columns and highclating are what inspired him to be The beautiful columns and high ceiling are what inspired him to become an architect. Oh my god, this is quote he quotes, He quotes you. He's never been shy to let anyone and everyone know that that building is the most beautiful structure on God's Earth.
Speaker 4: Why do I feel like after this call was over. The lady hung up at the church and said, something's wrong with that boy? He like, he didn't pull wool over her eyes at all. She was just like, Okay, what's wrong with that boy? Know that Carnasio is a Portuguese name.
Speaker 2: Better to just give him what he wants, you know, instead of seeing what happens if we ignore him. I asked him if they could help me with a birthday gift from my dying grandfather and hit send. Twenty six hours later, I got a reply from a woman using a private Saint Mary's email address. We'll call her Nancy. Nancy said that she would be glad to help and asked what I had in mind. God. I told her how Grandpa Jack loved helping out with feeding the needy, and how how every so often he would sneak a meal box for himself.
Speaker 4: I don't appreciate that this is somehow me okay, a fictitious person.
Speaker 2: Yet no Jew Jew this amazing. Oh my God.
Speaker 4: I invite you out there and listener to land to consider what would be like to know that possibly someone is doing this in your name without you having any knowledge. Throughout the month of November, tremendous, just tremendous. I was wondering if the church could send a special meal package and some kind of printed materials that showcase the building to comfort him.
Speaker 2: I added the print so she wouldn't just tell me to go to the grocery store. Nancy replied suggesting a prayer shawl with a card showing the church, but didn't like the idea of sending food in the mail. Well, that is just.
Speaker 4: That is not in keeping with the spirit of the pop top, not at all. Sid would not agree at all with that stance. In fact, he wants you to send food in the mail. Yeah, so we can send you an autograph picture. I brought up a donation and her opinion changed.
Speaker 2: So who's the carny really here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I gave her the list of items I needed, and she came up with a fifty dollars donation. I wasn't sure if all this would be worth the fifty dollars, so I took the night to think about it. Little did I know, Little did I know, it would cost me a lot more. That was just the opening bid. My friend, Hm, you're dealing with a five oh one C three. Listening to the show. That night, I was getting more ideas. What about an autograph picture? Great call I would have loved, actually an auto picture of water that would have been great too. Sure should I buy one on eBay and send him with the food like a happy meal prize? I purchased one. I purchased one on eBay, but didn't feel like he was special enough.
Speaker 4: Well, he made the right decision because he was gonna that this is the only way you could top the guy who sent us the Sid picture with peanut butter and jelly so much.
Speaker 2: Over seriously, Oh my god, you know I had forgotten about that, and I was happy about forgetting about that, and now you've reminded me that that happened. I then came up with the idea of the church signing an eight by ten of Sid. I emailed Nancy the next day and accepted the donation price. I mentioned personally being a fan of Sid beauty, and how I would be happy to make the donation in his name. See how long you waited before you mentioned Sid? Mm hmmm mm hmm. She of course knew of his passing, but she wasn't too familiar with him personally. I asked if she could write a note thanking me for the donation, thanking me for the donation, on a picture of Sid so I could hang it in my home. She politely declined, like, I'm wondering here does this? I mean, what does this woman believe?
Speaker 4: I'm telling you she's just she's doing it for karma so that it doesn't come back to bite her that she didn't help this poor child who.
Speaker 2: Clearly write his issues. Yeah. I wanted this to happen really bad. I didn't care about the food anymore. Really, I wanted an autograph picture. I not even to picture of Sid, but an aggraph picture of Sid signed by somebody else who's got nothing to do with the wrestling business whatsoever.
Speaker 4: This guy, the homie Brandon, Okay, he he started from a place of I don't want to just buy viennas at the supermarket. That's not epic enough. I want the church to send vienna's. And he got that done, as incredible as that is. And then he's like, yeah, I don't care about that anymore. They're right, I accomplished that. I don't care about that now. I want them to sign the picture, yeah, And I want them to sign the picture.
Speaker 2: Yes. Oh God, it's fucking money, money, money, money, money, money. I wanted this to happen really bad. I didn't care about the food anymore, really I wanted to I figured I had one last shot, and asking before Nancy would probably would maybe bail on the whole thing. I quadrupled down and offered two hundred dollars for her to sign a photo for me. I explained how I wanted to be able to remember doing all this for Grandpa Jack, how it would be an honor to give it, to give to the church and have this memento. Nancy accepted, and I donated. I knew my best friend Andrew would have some kind of photo of Sid for me to send. We dug through a box of magazines and found that awesome poster of Sid in a suit. I mailed it out and asked if she could, and asked if she could make it out to Jack and his brother JP and signed it from Saint Mary's. She didn't ask any questions and said she would. I finally received the package and it was perfect. I bought a gift box from Hobby Lobby for the food and repacked everything. I don't know if they had all the food and stock or if they just bought what they didn't have. I don't know if Nancy signed the poster herself or if some underling did. I don't know if Mama Sorrow's new shawl has bad juju on it. All I know is that this was a Christmas miracle. That's right. That's right, And I'm glad you found it entertaining. Ah, I mean entertaining. That's not even the word, not even the word for it. It was. It was insane and absurd and just postmodern even it was. It was a postmodern gift. It totally was. It really was. And you know, we adore everything everyone sent us. Yep.
Speaker 4: It's it's not to say that this is like, you know, it's just the story. The story speaks to why anyone would send us anything in the first place. Right, Yeah, It's like, no, it's not just that people like, you know, oh, they love the podcast and they want to give you gifts. It's like, yeah, but no, you don't understand. It's it's about it's about using that as a as a as a springboard to create more lapsed moments. It's it's about moments we all get to enjoy. It's not just about like regaling us. Oh, man, I've looked at that picture of the Vanna's in there and the moon po ball water pash of crackers. So maybe some some raisins, as he said in one of them, which blew my mind. Raisins, what the raisins? And I just I just can't believe that it went from him saying that in that Sean Mooney interview. When I was researching, I was like, Oh, that's yep, writ not down that one's getting involved somehow, yep, to the church at self within a matter of months sending us cans of Viennas.
Speaker 2: Just unbelievable, unfucking believable.
Speaker 4: And if you did a reason to hang around for our interview later with Gabe, know that unlike us, he has eaten viennas. You damn right grew up on that kind of stuff, and he's gonna we got we got a whole, we got a whole fucking we got a thing of Viennas. I didn't even touch it. I was horrified, horrified to put those things in my mouth. Maybe we'll do it for a live show. Yeah, maybe maybe that'll be the thing. We'll eat a can of Vienna's life.
Speaker 2: And I guess they it spreads like I just don't give it away or don't give it away, No, don't give it away. Oh sorry.
Speaker 4: Of course ninety percent of the people probably know exactly what the HEAs like and have had it and don't think it's a big deal because it isn't. SID makes it a big deal, of course, right, But yeah, that that that to come.
Speaker 2: So we're here. Wow. I don't know what more can be said besides my god, what have we done? Yep?
Speaker 4: And what if you've done out there? We started doing these because all those years ago TLFX style, we started getting these unbelievable letters when we do shows unsolicited. Really yeah, and people were just blowing our minds by how fascinating the insights were that they could bring to the table. You've seen it on cinemat I mean, it's unbelievable how many cinophiles are on Patreon, and like, you must be so happy to know that, like when you go deep on a movie, like if there's a blind spot or if there's something, people are going to find.
Speaker 2: It for you, yep, yep, absolutely absolutely, And and I enjoy engaging I enjoy engaging with them on Patreon whenever I can, but yeah, it's great, it's great. I love there is a it's a wonderful forum. For sure. I break this rule all the time, but I do.
Speaker 4: I basically have like this soft policy of I can't read on these feedback shows all of the does this qualify for X reason emails? Because we get so many of them, and you see them all, so it's not like, oh, yeah, you're the person that needs to see him. It's not like everyone necessarily needs here all of them. Some of them are just hilarious though, like.
Speaker 2: I do love some of the What was one one was, oh, I know, to qualify to qualify from Russia with Love? The fact that the end of the movie takes place on the Orient Express and that the Oran Express was a tag team in the w W A. That's a pretty good one. It's pretty fucking amazing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like, why is the term Orient Express a thing that would cross Vince's mind when naming the tag team?
Speaker 2: But I don't think it was from Russia with Love? Though, Oh really I think it was. I mean, the Oran Express is a train and there was also murder on the Oron Express. Yep, you know there's a bunch of movies. I mean, maybe maybe James Bond, but I don't I make a good point. I'd have to get some at that point, you need to find proof that. I had to find proof that that was it, Like, oh, they know'm a big fan of from Russia with Love and you know they rode the Orn Express.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tag team. So I thought there was something an Express that's right. Started also doing it because we couldn't believe how many people, even in the earliest days, deemed us worthy of financial support via this Patreon platform, and we put it out there. We thought it would be cool, but but like people are like no, like, seriously, tell me where to fucking sign Like, okay, this could actually be a thing here, Like yeah, you know, the amount of hours we're putting in isn't just personal pride, it's also something that people want and want to give us a signal that they wanted to keep doing. And so we've made it a practice ever since, no matter how much time passes and how long the list gets, to thank everybody who logs into patreon dot com and puts a little money in the kitty to help this whole machine run. And so we'll engage in the exercise one more time here as we embark on a new year and a new decade of lapsed What do you say, boss.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan Victor.
Speaker 4: We want to thank you for upping your pledge significantly and for your support here at TLFHQ. We do also want to thank Graveyard Entertainment, who's a long time serious ass supporter who recently upped his pledge a bit and even said, you know another podcast I was pledging to stopped. Guess where that money goes too.
Speaker 2: That is the spirit, yep.
Speaker 4: When you've got something to redeploy because other people just can't take on the water that we do and stay afloat, you know where to reprovision resources. Travis Treadwell, Welcome in, my friend. Welcome to the executive producer tier when Taylor always great to see you. Pal in the mix, trying to stay plugged in here. Ali, thank you very much for your pledge. Matt Skinner, We appreciate the cake, the cheese. Thank you so very much. Brian, thank you for your pledge. Lumpy. Big shout out to Lumpy who bit the bullet and put significant cake on the table. Jeremy up his pledge. We'd love to see the upping of pledges. That means people put their toe in the water and said, fuck this. Yep, I'm not about to look at like posts that I can unlock because of what tear I'm in. We're going hard. Austin Turner did it. He came right into that VIP level and we want to thank him very much for doing that. Chromas Slam, one of the best Solar System members, pointed out in our Saturday Nights Made have had live call that of all the throwback figures featured in that intro that we saw, remember that yeph the one that basically was all about nineteen ninety one and two, even though right that was hardly the heyday. The reason it was like that is because he didn't want to show Hulk Cogan. Did you realize hul Cogan was nowhere to be found in that whole thing? No Chromas Slam rights No Hogan in the intro Dot Dot Dot Brother, which is a good point. I mean, Hogan was actually in Florida walking a UFC fighter to the cage who got his ass b what exactly someone total health. There's a shooter that wants to see him and he he showed up. He showed up ten deep in terms of personal security as well. Who's this guy, dude, who were meeting you?
Speaker 5: What do you?
Speaker 2: What's the brother? What's the disio? Right?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: I mean that's another thing, Like you said, they're not ready to go all the way, you're gonna act like Saturday Night's main event. Nostalgia is about anybody more than it's about Hulkgan. That's a little ridiculous, but there's a there's a there's a there there. I mean, of course, there's a million reasons why you wouldn't welcome Hulk back into the into the fold wholehearted the line. But I thought that was interesting because we're learning under the Triple AH regime, or what appears to be the Triple A T regime, that there still are some third rails, there still are.
Speaker 2: Some no goes.
Speaker 4: He's not just gonna, you know, undo every bit of bad will that Vince had towards former folks. And so I thought that was really fascinating and well observed there by Chroma slam a Neil point. Ye fan of that point today. I appreciate that, yeah, for sure, And I didn't realize it. I can't believe it. I'm sitting there watching the intro and marking and every wrestler they're showing even was like, oh, yeah, of course we got to pretend Sean Michael's winning the intercontinental title on the on the last Saturday night's main event was an important milestone on the show as opposed to the death now you know, a symptom of it at being over. But kind of in that same vein, Neil pointed out something that I thought was intriguing. Of course, Cody wore the winged Eagle belt to the ring that night. That's because it didn't used to be better. By the way, if you're keeping score at home, and he says, one of the reasons I'm inherently distrustful of nostalgia is you guys rhapsodize about the wing eagle belt being the symbol of excellence and boom times when it wasn't the belt from the landmark Cogan nineteen eighties run. Yeah, I read this one. This was actually very fascinating to me. The Austin late nineteen nineties title Rain. Yeah, it was the belt when I was a kid, and the belt when the company was in its worst shape. Creatively and financially. He also says, why not keep the big Eagle belt? I get, not the winged eagle, it's the symbol, despite what Jack asserts of the company's dramatic decline in the nineteen nineties. But the big Eagle, the Austin Rock belt, that one symbolizes the promotion at its peak. Let's say, you to start, I mean, yeah, I mean I understand where that's coming from. It makes that makes sense, right, I mean, the fact is that that belt literally was brought in at the very the very, very very beginnings of what would become the decline. And but at the same time, I, I, well, what what design did the what designs last lasted longer? I guess I guess the scene of design. Huh, yeah, I guess that one lasted longer. To me, it's not about last long. I think what it's about is no one has ever suggested bringing back the belt Hogan war before the winged Eagle belt.
Speaker 2: Right, well, he also had like eighteen belts that he were. He had the green strap like travesty, and then he had the then he had kind of that that weird little oval shaped thing, and oh no, then he had that that I don't know what you call it, but it was looked like the w W the end WATV title, right right. And you know, so the belts that Hogan wore when they were on fire, no one wants to bring back. And the belt that Austin wore when he was on fire. I don't ever hear anyone talk about bringing those back, which is the point. The point has never been that the belt signifies the boom period. The point has been that it's the most beautiful professional wrestling belt ever created, right because I mean it was also unique. It didn't look like any other wrestling championship belt, you know, I was very very very unique.
Speaker 4: Look no further than the fact that Cody's whole psychology about winning the world title was to do what his father, Dusty couldn't when he went against Billy Graham and the Garden in seventy eight for the belt. That's not the belt Billy Graham wore, and that's certainly not the belt Dusty would have hoisted if he became champion. It's not like Cody wanted to bring that belt back. Even though the whole idea is to do what Dusty couldn't, he wants to bring back the belt that Dusty barely sniffed, never even challenged for as far as I recall, yep, because he knows what we know in our hearts that the wing Egle belt is the only belt that has ever mattered in terms of the absolute peak of design, geometry, proportion impact. And while it might not have been around, waste set a time of record business for the WWF, it's the only one anyone wants to keep alive. And so point made. But yeah, definitely, definitely a good observation in that you got to remember, it's the end of whole comania when that belt comes out. It really is right beginning of the end, we should say. All right, so let's see. We also hear from Carlo who writes to us regarding out living Vince, and this is of course in reference to the CID tribute where we played a clip of a shoot interview remark he made one time about after leaving WWF, he would run the bleachers like he would do for his exercise, and then get to the top and spit and step down. And it was like, Vince, he was stepping on right. And he took solace in the idea that he was going to outlive Vince McMahon one day and feel like he won, because at the time of that interview he was at a very clear loggerheads with Vince McMahon. Carla makes a great observation regarding out living Vince and to bring my English to gree to bear see lago and Othello Othello Iago, not lago Iago? Did he spell it right? Oh it's a capital I I'm sorry. I thought it was a lowercase l okay Iago and othello Othello. If that thou beest a devil, I cannot kill thee he stabs Iago, Lodovico wrench his sword from him, or Othello is disarmed Iago, I bleed, sir.
Speaker 2: But not killed. M that's Vince, baby, that is Vince.
Speaker 4: Of course, sid also had that weird fucking crash out thing about the Israel character that he came up. Oh my God, and Carlosa points out Genesis thirty two, twenty two to thirty two. After Jacob wrestles with God, God gives him a new gimmick, a new name, Israel. What do you think about that? Pal mm And she wrestled with God. That's me And every time you do, I'm gonna break your body part your body apart, you worthless piece of shit. I'm not a theologian, but I think it went something like that. I mean, it's just too rich some of the things that Sit ended up saying. We also talked about it really is. I mean he was such a I mean, what a bizarre He's sound of his fucking mind, he really is. You hear the guy talk for like twenty minutes and you're like, what, Like, it's not psychobabble, it's not like he's speaking in tongues, but it's like, like, why did you say all that?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 7: What? What?
Speaker 4: What point you're trying to make there? Like I followed the words that came out of your mouth, but I'm not understanding why you said that. That's like, what am I supposed to write?
Speaker 2: How is that to follow?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: That's how he would say it. We also talk about Lambert's, which is a restaurant that, uh, that was I believe it came up. I'm not mistaken. Sid was trying to recall where he met with Eric Bischoff to come back in ninety nine. Was it a Cracker Bell or was it a Lambert's? Or maybe he met someone at a Lambert's down the street or something. Yeah, and we're like, what is Lambert? We just won't hip to it, and Blake immediately pipes up, I saw Lambert's mentioned. I come from Sykeston, which is in Missouri. Not sure if you were aware of the story of the family when Todd. I guess Todd is the progenitor of Lambert's restaurant. Of course, this is the home of the throw role. I think it's called where they actually they throw. They throw the roll across the restaurant if you put your hand up instead of delivering a basket of bread to your table.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with that. It's kind of funny. Would I would love to experience that?
Speaker 4: And you tell me, would this be the story of somebody who found out a restaurant chain that engaged in such tactics. When Todd died, I'm sure high in cocaine and ludes, Blake writes, just took it. Just look at the face. Norman, the patriarch fell apart. He eventually shot himself in his driveway, but there were rolls to be sold. The later turmoil involved in one of the suns being a child sex pest gentlemen, we are beyond the looking glass.
Speaker 2: Here we are Vienna. Yeah that I'm down with. We are Vienna. And he's sent us a tweet about someone in the family and the guy who killed himself named Norman, and it says the tweet says, it's just it's just a screenshot, so it's it's kind of funny, and it's just like someone tweeted this in all earnestness.
Speaker 4: Norman got cancer and didn't want to be a burden to his family. He mowed front and backyard, washed both cars, then blew his brains out with a handgun. What the fuck Lambert's Lambert's darkness. That's right, So just the line says, throwing a roll, all right, boss. The the end of the Bond Journey hit people in the fields, Luke wrote, I wept watching this movie at the cinema. You know what movie is talking about? Take care, guess well, no time to die, No time to die. I wept watching this movie at the cinema. I wet watching it again recently, and I wept listening to this episode. Just beautifully done. Stuff boys, Thanks UTC, Yep, Matt, Hello CoA chairs. I was sick and tired of being a three sixteen tier jobber and decided to politic my way into the mid card by joining the executive producer Tear. I'm not sure if anyone Lapsed Universe or the mainstream media has picked up on this yet, but I wanted to share a quick observation about Chapel Roane. Do you know Chapel Roane Boss Chapel ron No, I don't know a singer.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: At the roughly fifty one second mark in her hit single Pink Pony Club, she says club exactly like lapsed Bruno Club, Merry Christmas in.
Speaker 2: That that would be CLAHB Club. I have to listen to it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think she's from like Missouri. I don't know why should say it like that, but now I must find it. He also wrote back this hilarious. He writes back and says, I dropped the bisl I put Universe instead of Solar System in my email. The pain and shame never rands does not. There are proprieties around here, there are, you know etiquette. Great interview with Tony Van Silva, which you've heard by now, what a story that was?
Speaker 7: Boss?
Speaker 4: Finding about this guy as you're researching the Bond films knowing he was a grappler and having no idea about anything further about him. But the man was alive. And when the man is alive, boss, that's when we really start doing some damage.
Speaker 2: Gotta give you know, gotta gotta give it a shot, you know. There I listen. I reached out to Joe Fowler that time, try to get to try to see if I could get get in touch with him. He never responded, and you know, just lucked out, lucked out that he that he was as cool as a fucking cucumber. Oh so ready for something like this. Yeah, And I'm happy that he you know. And then I mean, and let me tell you this. So I I told him, you know, I on Patreon, I posted all those pictures, all those pictures.
Speaker 4: Of him, of him black and white in the wrestling trunks, just shooting, you know, catching his catch can yep.
Speaker 2: And I said, and I asked him. I asked him, I said, you know, hey, because it's like I thought it'd be fun when I was designing whatever the the you know, poster idea was going to be for the episode, Like I was like, you know, it'd be fun to have an actual, an actual photo of him instead of you know, the ones like a photo of him wrestling if you had them. And so I just askedim, I said, you have a picture of you I could use as the as the poster for it. And he sent me ten pictures amazing from his illegitimate wrestling days, from his legitimate wrestling days and from his uh stunt stuff. Like it's just it's absolutely spectacular, and they're beautiful, beautiful pictures. So really, I can't. I'm eternally grateful that that not only that he was he was cool enough to come on and and talk with us for an hour, but also the fact that he is like, you know, let me know if you need anything else and uh and and he and he had fun. Just a great, great guy.
Speaker 4: It's great when we considerenade wrestlers when they're still alive instead of after they've pack.
Speaker 2: Again rediscovered them like that, we'll discover them like rediscovery. Fuck rediscovered discover If we don't exist, no one knows the story of this guy's wrestling career, and no one cares no and and and this guy's fast, and he's got so many stories. I don't think that I I. Yeah, I forged you the story that he told me. Well, I got me a MeMail he people should know this. After the interview dropped, he wrote you a follow up because this guy loved the fact that someone cared enough to reach out and hear him out.
Speaker 4: Yep, amazing. He wrote Hi, just to say thank you for the interview. If you need any more andf'll let me know. I forgot to tell an amusing story. I was in a tag team with a man called Bruce Britton. He had no shape at all, so someone nicknamed him snake Hips. We were top of the bill against the Coggins Brothers, glamour Boys of the South, white boot trunks and jacket. Bruce arrives with an Ali Baba basket. It had a snake inside. His friend had a pet shop, so we were in the ring first to lots of booze. I lift the lid off the basket and pulled the snake out. It's limped like a piece of rope.
Speaker 2: It had died. Oh.
Speaker 4: I shook it about, draped it around Brook's neck. We both had our hands on it. I then put it around my neck. Then we looked like we fought to get the snake back in the basket and had suffocated because of the cigarette smoke. His friend was not too pleased. In nineteen seventy one, it was worth seventy dollars all the best, tony seventy pounds, all the best, Tony. I mean, do you mention getting that email?
Speaker 2: After talking to the guy for an hour, I was like, Jesus Christ, why couldn't we fucking how'd you forget that one? That's a key one, man. I'm sure he's got so many more, so many more.
Speaker 4: Guy was a fucking he worked under bird as Serati. This is like a guy that anyone who knows about turn of the century shooters knew was like regarded far and wide as like the toughest guy, like Stu Hart used to talk about bird Aserati is the toughest guy he ever came up against. He was a working pro wrestler, but he was a shooter as well, you know, trained and and and we got.
Speaker 2: Pictures of him working with him, we did.
Speaker 4: He had pictures of bird as Serati unbelievable, looking like a fucking cubby broccoli or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, it's just what a.
Speaker 4: Pleasure, What a pleasure? And Christopher wrote on Patreon. I loved his honesty and humility. Zero bullshit detected. Wasn't that a surprise? You know that the guy who's a carny like that didn't feel like he lied to us once, not even close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, you know, I mean, uh, he he just he was honest about it.
Speaker 9: He he.
Speaker 2: You know, he's he's he's a person and I and I do feel like that from you know, especially with researching pat Roach and stuff like that, there is a much more down to earth kind of not as you know, you know, got to protect k fabe right mentality right over in the UK regarding wrestling, right, I think they do to a degree, but they they also you know, admit what it is and they're okay with that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It really was refreshing to hear how head on he was able to tackle those questions that I've always wondered about, you know, those styles in early nineteen hundred's British club wrestling, Like what what did the spectator think they were watching?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: Right, did the spectator think it was real? Because from what I can tell, the style you you worked really could have allowed you to convince people it was real. But no, they were out there pantomiming. They were out there, you know, exaggerating and trying to get laughs out of the crowd as much as they were trying to get you know, a dramatic rise out of them is just wonderful. And if we did nothing else in podcasting to surface the story of a guy like that, or a guy like Tom Fleming who worked for ww F in the art department, these little moments and opportunities we've had talking to fucking Brell Kurt Fuller, mm hmm, these little moments where we actually like talk to the outside world and in some cases elevate the stories trick me under the cinemat yep of people that you never would have really known about the contributions that that would have made it worth it. Another miss of relative to a gift under our tree this year is part of the unwrappening. Remember we got a copy of the European Rampage show in Germany and one on a big wrong thing about what is European Rampage, because there's twenty three shows named European Rampage. Ben who sent the gift from Germany, was quick to follow up immediately to let us know his perspective on things and try to delineate show from show. Dear coach Chairman, this follow up emeal is necessary for different reasons. First off, you asked yourself how merry Christmas is said in German, Well, that's freu wine Hutchin.
Speaker 2: I hope I didn't screw it up too badly freu Viimhunchin.
Speaker 4: At the end of my letter that you butchered would have been it, Yeah, butcher did. All right, Yeah, it's Vine right you pronounced w V. Then you wanted to know what I had against the Pain in the Pacific series and you wanted to follow up on that. Oh yeah, I forget this. Let me say first, I'm a big fan for almost a decade now, and I've listened to every single TLF episode multiple times, so it's very rare that I don't dig what you, chairman offer. And I also encountered countless times when you drop something that I was skeptical about it first and then totally in love while listening to it. So that is that the only exception in all these years is the Pain in the Pacific series. I liked the North Korea episode and everything after that felt like you guys say, changiyachi, pumba gachi, and sompahachi for.
Speaker 2: Hours on end.
Speaker 4: I was very surprised myself and glad when it was over. But since you guys are so proud of it and I normally love everything you take a deep dive on, I will give it a second try in the new year. That's the spirit, Ben. But what about again, I don't know what about it?
Speaker 2: What was I don't know.
Speaker 4: He just doesn't think it's funny when we have a laugh at the way words are pretty instant Japanese. Oh, I mean, I'm yeah, okay, I mean it's fair. It's there's some legendary matches too, that we had a lot of fun with. When I think of pan Off s Pacific, I don't think of like. I don't think of laughing at the Japanese announcers. I think of a ready Savage versus nature Tenryo, like I think of power bombs where he's being stacked up like he's a junior heavyweight.
Speaker 2: I think of I think of Randy Savage not knowing who Lanny is, and Lanny, uh, you know, watching Elizabeth for Randy when he's overseas.
Speaker 4: That's where that came. From That's exactly right. I do think he Chubon is Hogan's on, but I think of a Axi boom bag, you know, I think of like I think of Hogan. I mean this step over and maybe maybe it's the you know, I don't have to go and and and re listen to it myself, but I for me anyway, it's not necessarily the im I don't want to be laughing or making fun of the words.
Speaker 2: It's really the enthusiasm. Yeah, well, the announcers and I just don't know how to say Japanese words, so murder. Every time someone does something right, it's like it's more about how they scream and and are you know, just fucking blowing blood vessels left and right that I think is hilarious just because of their intensity, Like it's amazing. I mean, and again I don't know how to say. If I knew how to say Japanese words, I would be more respectful of the Japanese words, but I don't. I don't know Japanese, so it's I if I'm going to imitate a Japanese commentator, it's gonna be complete nonsense. I'm just here for at the top of my lungs Hogan stepping over into an armbar exactly. You know what I mean. We're fucking doing a drop toe hold, you know, into a yeah, like come on, yeah, when he does the fucking rolling arm bar, that's just you know, we're in a whole different level here, right.
Speaker 4: And last, but not the least, he writes, I wanted to clear up the European Rampage nineteen ninety two BS. That name was used so often by the WWE that it stays confusing to you. I noticed all that other European Rampage nineteen ninety two stuff aside. The event you got from me is a German only event from Munich which ushered in the Golden.
Speaker 2: Period over here. Very interesting as far as I know.
Speaker 4: The Colisseum European Rampage nineteen ninety two also has a Savage versus h Tobk match?
Speaker 2: Is that true? Do you resin? Yeah, yeah, we did that one. Then it has the Sid and Sid and Undertaker match, but that is after WrestleMania two.
Speaker 4: But that is from London. WrestleMania right, nineteen ninety two? You mean yeah, you said WrestleMania too. You mean WrestleMania in Russlania. Yeah, Wrestlinia eight rather, but that.
Speaker 2: Is from London.
Speaker 4: Maybe one or two of the Munich matches also made it to the other cassettes, but this event as a whole is forgotten by time and surely was never on the network because it only exists in German and was, as far as I know, only released in Germany.
Speaker 2: Back then.
Speaker 4: The ww station Tel Aviv made it a big weekend sports special. That is the version I've sent you this year, and they also released it as a German cassette. That's the version from last year. So I'm ninety nine percent sure that you have not seen the show before, you would remember a good two hours of the Finest nineteen ninety two German commentary by Karston Shah. Trust me, I think, oh yes, I think the show has some amusing moments. Hitman wants to fuck, the interview Lady the Bulldog is on all wow, good old times. Plus Germany was totally on fire with the WWF in nineteen ninety two. So if you guys want to give it the treatment, let me know in advance and I'll give you back story, translations and everything. He sounds like a deal, Ben, What do you say, boss, I think we have to put that one fast track. That motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Enough of all that, he writes, I hope you guys haven't say there were two.
Speaker 4: He gave us two, yeah, he said, the year before he gave us the one that was released as a German VHS cassette. Oh so it's that European rampage, but this is the one that aired just to say television special and wasn't released as a standalone VHS tape.
Speaker 2: Enough of all that.
Speaker 4: I hope you guys have an awesome Christmas with your loved ones. Don't stop the good work. Greetings from Germany, and I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Try it again. Freud Vine Hotchen, Ben bro Vine Hotchin. I a love that international base. Yes hear it, totally.
Speaker 4: TLFHQ David writes on the Tony Van Sylvan Interview, awesome interview. Glad you gave this lovely gent the chance to discuss his career. Hoping he dusts off those boots, puts on that clown suit and does a four fifty like Andre. That is one thing we forgot to ask him as if he can do a four to fifty splash?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did he did? He was he how often and how often did he jump off the top rope to the floor head first, head first? Exactly?
Speaker 4: I love the homie Zack's insights. He immediately picked up on this one on Sid. He wrote on Patreon, someone like Sid thinks they're a great liar because of the details in their lies. M But the extra small details just clue everyone with half a brain to the fact that this fool is lying to me. Yes, isn't that the truth? Yes, he's got these big convoluted like I walked in the door. The phone was ringing, it was clicked over and call waiting.
Speaker 2: I was my phone was I had to wipe off number, the number two because it had a little there was a dead bug on it.
Speaker 4: We got some uh, we got some squawking because the Sid thing was so long. Myron isn't with that, Myron writes on Patreon. Why did they only do ten deep dives for Sid? Is it because he's not a big movie star like Hull Cogan?
Speaker 2: Yes? Is that for the win?
Speaker 3: Or what?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: It's I mean, it's the It's that is you know I I I watched that clip so many fucking times when I was a kid. It's it is one of those things that I just totally equate with Sid forever. Oh totally, almost more than almost more than uh than ruler of the world, totally. Like you know, it's like Bogus too, is from that right Bogus? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, Bogus, you ever pulled off Sid? And I want to know, is it because Sid Justice is a newcomer? It's because I'm not a big movie star.
Speaker 2: It's like a Hulk Hogan so good, such fucking great promot at the quote unquote press conference that Nope, that was like in a in like a cubicle.
Speaker 4: Neil makes a great point too, you know about the Sid journey, He writes, It's still unclear to me what will happen if I It's don't got me. It's still unclear to me. What will happen if I send a bunch of Vienna sausages to the middle of Arkansas. What will happen visa via the exchange of pro wrestling memorabilia?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna send him a graph picture.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 4: Scott Michael makes a great point. He says, another absolutely tremendous journey You've taken the solar system on with Sid.
Speaker 2: Here in the end.
Speaker 4: We may have lost Sid, but we still have Frank, who is a different type of sausage.
Speaker 2: I also lovely just fucking completely you know, like just buried Frank Journey, just completely buried.
Speaker 4: He was on Big Brother talking about how it's kind of tough being Sid's son. That's all we needed to hear. That's all we needed to hear. That's all we needed to hear. And we know exactly how he was treated. We know exactly what Sid did not do. The Vienna bat signal in the sky. What a great AI picture someone sent of us. So like the things Shining said in his hands on his hands, so, oh my god, dangerous.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: If we can start like manifesting the fucking wild scenarios we come up with that easily, we're going to find ourselves in a very difficult position.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, speaking of by the way, I want to go back to quickly to uh the carnies are forever the guy crying. Did you see what they've been posting on Twitter? Oh my god, that's the serendipity we've been waiting for. Tell the people that so apparently I mean that the new James Bond is installed. They've they've kind of it's not happening right now. That Uh, also, what producer Brenda Broccoli, Who the fuck is Brenda Broccoli? That might just be Barbara Broccoli. That might just be a typo. And apparently like Broccoli, whoever the broccoli is, it's got to be here, he said, Like they're fucking idiots at Amazon for colling Amazon content exactly. And you know what, She's fucking right, you don't call Bond content unbelievable?
Speaker 4: Can imagine I'm so happy that she got annoyed by that. Yep, that that shows that there's still some sanity left in the world. And you can see some like total dip shit fucking digital native being like it's it's great content. We love Bond.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, listen, you know thinking about I mean, James Bond is prime content.
Speaker 4: Jesus Christ, back to your fucking pocket calculator. Ye, get the fuck off the negotiating table and and buy a pair of actual dress shoes.
Speaker 2: Do we favor Just fucking put your head down in a toilet, all right, and just stay there.
Speaker 4: How about in the end when Sid was talking about on his own podcast and the end of our journey about how like there was that guy who was such a big fan that he bothered him on the phone all the time and basically tried to move in with him. Remember that, and you see Joe you can't William writes on Patreon quote Joe, you can't come here. That's what Sid said the Sidduty story William Wright's Bottle of Water. I made a sentimental comment about Sid when this journey began. I still stand by saying that his charisma was unique and phenomenal. I always was aware of the Scissors story, but not the details. That was way more fucked up than I thought. I said that it seemed like he had a loving family than Frank.
Speaker 2: Poor kid.
Speaker 4: And still, after what forty hours William Wright's of the most definitive testimony to Sid's life, I still don't know what made him tick. I'm going to have to go back and do it again and see if I can glean more clarity. Thank you, gentlemen for your service, and Maysanta Claus bring you out what you want, but what you need. That one was that was a hidden gem, that Sid thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah really was really was.
Speaker 4: Lucas mckechern. We want to thank you very much for your generous pledge and hope you enjoy the content that it affords you. Scott writes new utc Er. I was walking in my house, clicked on this, puzzled what it could be, and I stopped and stared when the boss said what it was? What do you think he was referring to.
Speaker 2: I believe I saw that. I think it was the Home Alone Christmas Special.
Speaker 4: Yes, the under the Centiment twenty two Christmas Special, which you posted without any hint in the title is time.
Speaker 2: I don't ever, that's the thing I do Christmas, the Christmas specials, never any That's what it is. It's the Christmas Special. There's no I don't want any give me clue. It's a surprise.
Speaker 4: We talked a little bit in the Sid Journey about a company that Sid worked for way later when he was doing some indie shots in his last years in the ring, called aw R and Steve and are men on the ground in Ireland quickly jumped in intoid a small correction for Jack A double A was an Irish wrestling company. American Wrestling Rampage. Okay, oh you got that straight. American Wrestling Rampage was an Irish promotion They did frequent tours of Europe.
Speaker 2: To be confused with the European Rampage. That's a whole different thing that was in America exactly. I understand African Rampage was in Columbia as well. Yes, that's what I heard.
Speaker 4: They did frequent tours of Europe with guys like Sid and Brett Hart. All the Irish wrestlers I've talked to have nothing but good things to say about working with Brett on these shows. RVD and Dupree were also semi regulars on the Irish scene, and we're champions in AWR. AWR itself was the precursor to OTT. I know, Ott. Yeah, the Irish promotion. The elite worked at Scrapplemania three Steve Wrights. If I ever choose to go bankrupt, it will be trying to get that into the hopper. Wow, all right, I want to watch one day that the Young Bucks breakthroughs as global indie sensations and an Irish wrestling promotion.
Speaker 2: Boss. I mean, honestly, I would be fascinaing to see that. Nice, I would be fastening to see that.
Speaker 4: Well, Steve, I mean Savior Pennies, So go for it. Graveyard entertainment rights. Sid is the carneist of the Carnie. That podcast proves it.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 4: Jorome writes to us, Sid's passing was the greatest gift to this podcast because this tribute served us the perfect ending to the tenth year. That montage of him talking about Vienna's was absurd, hilarious, Oh my, sad and oddly moving, tlf and a nutshell.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I could not handle that. What were you going through? I mean I was. After about the first ten seconds, I put my thing on mute because I knew. I knew that I didn't want to be heard during this, and I also knew I could not contain myself listening to this.
Speaker 4: I lost it when he said stuff, tell somebody that can't have a can of viennas, like we all sympathize.
Speaker 2: What is this talking about? Where did you come from?
Speaker 4: It's tough Jack, Tracy, So tough Jack Tracy. There's a name for the ages. Thank you very much for your Patreon pledge. Welcome in, Jeff writes to us on Patreon. And in the end, the autograph pictures you take is equal to the.
Speaker 2: Vn as you make.
Speaker 4: Chad writes, I've got questions, had a few questions for you when you get around a Q and A one maybe somewhat relevant to the CID era and ninety two WWF. Have you ever contemplated a world boss where late ninety two Vince had made a play to get Piper back and put the world title on Piper instead of Brett.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, No, I've never thought of that once, Not one s has that ever crossed my mind.
Speaker 4: I don't think it would work. I don't know if Piper going in in ninety three is some is a recipe for success. I feel like we got the answer at King of the Ring ninety four what Piper was worth in that era, and it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Much even I mean he was listen his his ninety one ninety two run was obviously for me, it was just wonderful, wonderful, absolutely, because I that's that's what I remember, you know, that was right right there in that sweet spot for me.
Speaker 4: But that was a Piper who was like but transitioned out of the ring, had the hit problem, was an announcer and was forced to come off the bench to kick ass one more time. That wasn't a Piper, that right, was going to be the best you know, wrestler in the promotion, thus reigning war.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, there's a part of me that damn well wished he fucking won the Royal Rumble ninety two. Yeah, just to say that he fucking won both titles in one night.
Speaker 4: Does it get any better than when he comes out against Flair. I could watch that every day. That's amazing for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. And then because you know what, ultimately it leads into this great fucking this great bit bye bye by Bobby Heenan, because then Jake's the next one out, and so Jake then attacks both Piper and Flair and Pipe and then Piper goes after Jake, and Bobby Heenen says, it's not a skirt, it's a kilt. It's a kilt. It's not a skirt. Then Piper goes to work on Flair. It's not a kilt, it's a skirt. Wow, he goes right back to it. He goes right back to it in mere minutes. Just some of the best like it's it's you want.
Speaker 4: To say it what Bobby Heenan, Bobby Heenan's Royal Rumbled nineteen ninety two call is the greatest call in the history of professional wrestling.
Speaker 2: Yes, easily, easily, I couldn't. I you can't disagree with that easily. It's so brilliant. There's so much it's.
Speaker 5: The uh.
Speaker 2: Because he's he's, he's in the he's he's just torn on so many different areas because he does have loyalties to other wrestlers, but none are as important as Flair.
Speaker 4: He gets Flair way over, Yes, he does. I mean without him as the voice as the soundtrack to Flair coming into WWF, it would have hit the skids a lot earlier than it did.
Speaker 2: I think way way more valuable for Flair as a commentator and a financial advisor, yes, than a manager or executive consultant. No question, Well there you go.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't considered it, and I'm not sure it would work, but Piper electrified me in that era. Man, I've been considering all the options. It might not have been a bad one if they had.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you had maybe, if you had you know, Piper win. I mean, I'll tell you what, this could be interesting if Piper does win the title. But you are trying to go to Brett, have Brett win the ninety three Rumble, Yeah, and then you have Piper and Brett have a rematch'd at WrestleMania nine.
Speaker 4: But again, that's like, that's putting the title on Piper, not because we want to see Piper rain. It's it's putting the title on Piper because it's a way to get to Brett, which is great. I'm not saying it's bad, but I think what he's asking us to consider it is putting the belt on Piper to see what he can do with it.
Speaker 2: I don't think he don't much guy at that point. I don't mean ever was that guy?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so. I think he could have been a good heel champion eighty five. Hogan could have chased him for like a year and a half and they could have made a lot more money than they did together. But at that point in Piper's career. Maybe always, if we really think about it, it was Piper's appeal was what would it look like if Piper got in this guy's face. It wasn't Piper right in and of himself. That was money. It was always what does Piper do to mister two? It was how Piper matched up with different people on the mic and in the ring. That intrigued us, not so much Piper reigning as champion, you know, and taking on all comers that I don't think that would work. It's like, you got to build up. People want to see Piper go after this guy, not build up other guys going after Piper. That just doesn't right, even if he's a gray baby face at that time. And he writes number two is the Colosseum collection still going to be a thing? You keep fucking tuned, Chad, because the video store never closes around here, and damn right. Thanks for Vienna Mania and keep up the good work. Well, thank you, pal for the letter. Christopher also writes, when this started the Sid tribute, I felt Sid wasn't interesting to cover for more than one episode.
Speaker 2: I was wrong.
Speaker 4: Sid's a TLF cornerstone, and this has proven it to me. It hit me in the ass like a shot. I've looked forward to each episode since. Yeah, because it's not that Sid in and of himself, deserves like this. It's a Sid is It's so TLF like who he was and the way he talked and the way he decided to move through the world is just exactly what we're out to analyze on this show. Like he's not a SID tribute wouldn't really make sense. I don't think on any other podcast or any other wrestling news thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, you do it.
Speaker 4: He dies, of course, but his career doesn't really warrant examination unless you have the peccadillos we do about the business, you know, and look for the things we look for, and then all of a sudden, he's the fucking the ultimate gold mine, which is another ruzon detra for us. Adam writes, the other podcast are competing for who's going to be number two? Number one is already written in stone. He also writes SID culturally in twenty twenty four, Vienna sausages child neglect being on the cover of Art of Rap Albums thoroughly dissected by the best goddamn podcast out there. That's how we're living boss going into twenty twenty five. That's yeah, so we're flowing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: When I was going through some of the opponents that SID acrossed in that last decade on the indies, one of them was Big Larry, which I was not aware was a former wrestling name of the current Sammy z Ain of WWE and Sam from Michigan was quick to mention on Patreon Jack casually dropping a Big Larry reference and not mentioning that he would go on to be Samy's Ain as hilarious. I will, I do not know that, So that wasn't me being cute with it.
Speaker 2: Wait, what I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Big Larry was a former name of Sammy's ain. Oh and when we were reading some of the guys sid wrestled on the indies, Big Larry was one of them. And I think Sam thought I breezed by it, knowing full well who he was, when I didn't. He provided a great YouTube link where apparently, I mean, I don't know what to make of it. He's speaking in almost like a like a give accent, and he's it's it's it's Sammy's Ain trying to pass himself off as someone who's not a Caucasian, which I don't know if you it's very I don't writ anything about this gimmick, but it is very strange and very against type, and I would urge folks to check it out. I love more color on Big Larry was all about who apparently getting color what right Urban Douglas is. He's getting green. He came in big with a recent pledge on Patreon and is now entitled to all kinds of good He's mister fake entertainment. It goes for him too, as he's up the pledge significantly. Matt Anderson knows where it's at, and now he's ep in style and in substance work great midget rights to us. WCW had a standard CGL policy. Yes, we have folks in the solar system that know about life insurance boss and work with insurance. Oh my god, we have so many. He Sid made a third party over action claim high level and without the complaint. WCW insurance Company attempted to claim SID was an employee of WCW, thus the fellow employee exclusion was applicable. But SID was ten ninety nine, so the exclusion was not applicable. Hence WCW was granted coverage.
Speaker 2: Got that, No, but sure, thanks for the clarification.
Speaker 4: That's one man, you know, no matter how many times I read over stuff about the insurance, it's it's very hard, yeah to sink in. But yeah, so SID is trying to claim like he he wasn't. Wait a minute, hold on, there's an exclusion not applicable. There's an exclusion to what though attempted to claim Sid was an employee of WCW. Okay, So the insurance company of WCW was trying to claim he was an employee because apparently if they could prove that, they wouldn't have to pay as much or they wouldn't. Oh, you couldn't argue that Sid wasn't paid by what they paid WCW. Okay, this is correctact. Remember that they're like, we already paid WCW, and Sid's like, well, I don't work for WCW. So whatever clause you think means that I get paid what I'm paid just because what I deserve to be paid because you paid WCW doesn't apply because the way wrestling works, I am not an employee, So I'm not like you know, somebody that I can sue. I'm like a third party of this whole thing. I'm not an employee of WCW. The WCW gets paid for the injury and then give some to me. No, I'm on the outside of this whole arrangement. They got paid for revenue that they can claim they lost because I couldn't perform for them, but they didn't share any of it with me. He did get something, but he didn't get as much as he wanted, or something like that. So God damn, I'm just glad that work Greate Midget is out there the next time we have an insurance issue.
Speaker 2: That's all I have to say.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I hope for anyone that was confused by that part of the CID journey that what I just read to clarify something, or rather, Jared writes to us. This is important because the subject line boss is something we don't say as much as we used to, but it still rings. And that's for a reason. No longer a free loading bitch hmm. It is with great humility and a reckoning of my freeloading ways that I write to inform you I have ceased to be a freeloading bitch.
Speaker 2: Gratulations. I have joined the EP tier, finally taking responsibility for the immeasurable joy you've brought into my life this year. My journey here has been unexpected for years. A close friend and Solar System member insisted I listened to your show. I resisted staunchly. Yes, you did. I don't like podcasts, and I certainly wasn't going to commit to a five plus hours of one. But earlier this year I finally caved, and life would never be the same, right right. I'm not a chronological listener. I pick and choose the shows that appeal to me. I've journeyed through Scarblade and the Mains, and most recently, I finished the painfully satisfying Teenage Journey. I truly could not wait for it to end, but at the same time I needed it to keep going. Each of these has left a permanent mark. The true depths of the podcast penetration in my life became apparent when I took my youngest son, YEP, to his first WWE event in Buffalo as Bianca Belle air pinned Tiffany Stratton. I heard him count out loud one two fornoli. He did not what he says. That was the moment I knew this was no longer just a podcast. It was a way of life. YEP. When Spotify wrapped revealed over thirty one thousand minutes of sports podcast this year, could no longer bear the shape. I could no longer bear the shame of freeloading. I knew those minutes did not truly belong to that category, but alas Spotify does not have a separate category for that fake shit, right, it was clear as day now the time had come to step up, pay my dues and support the unmatched excellence you provide. Of course, as we know, this is America, so my generosity isn't completely selfless. This is a transactional relationship after all. Let's be real, correct, this is mostly about me wanting access to be under the cinematic content. That said, I'm happy to give back in exchange for all the amazing work you do. Thank you for the end of this laughter inside an absurdity, and thank you for hule Commania. Proud to now Stand Tall? Wait shit, what happened here? Why is this doing this? Brother? Okay, he's proud to stand Tall, so stand tall. It just a whole fucking away. Another program is suddenly opened up, and I couldn't get my fucking rob when I was reading Proud of sand Tall with my fellow Solar System members. Love it. Great stuff. That's the story right there. It is all in there.
Speaker 1: It's the la Fan Wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan.
Speaker 6: Just because we posted a new episode of The Lapsed Fan doesn't mean we are done with the campaign to take what is rightfully ours. If you haven't yet, vote for The Lapsed Fan to win the award for Wrestling Podcast of the Year, click on the show's notes, follow the link and do the right thing.
Speaker 1: He's an Lapsed Fan wrestling podcast with Jack and car and JPRO.
Speaker 4: I believe it's ca Hall McGonagall. I think that's how I pronounce. I remember cahel Pendrid and UFC. I want to thank you very much for the increase in your pledge, my friend. Great to have you in the solar system. Alex Or Ali rather writes Jack and JPM. Sorry, but only a goof like Sid would have the last name Udi for a shoot, it's all, he wrote.
Speaker 2: No, I take that, baty.
Speaker 4: He also said, Hey, Jack and JP, when discussing Sid, you forgot one key thing about his appeal. At least a ten year old me, this is a huge point that I can't believe I didn't emphasize more than we did. You see, it's real simple. The body glove, elbow sleeve yep, Oh yes, I mean that's fucking critical. Yes it is his size, goofy promos that barely made sense and the power bomb were all part of the package, but it was the elbow sleeve that put him over the top. With ten year old me and my elementary school aged friends, yeah, because the body Glove was like a the the Bodyglove brand was like a thing when we were kids.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I I you know that that that that yellow logo I used to always think was some kind of I don't know what it was. I think it was like represented sid somehow. Well it was like, yeah, in a weird way, it did, Yeah, in a weird way it did. But I didn't know it was a logo. I thought it was some kind of weird like it almost look like a nipple at times, like a weird yellow nipple. And I thought it was some kind of I don't know device with that with that armband. But for some reasons, quintessential, I always knew what it was.
Speaker 4: I must have been because kids were in bodyglove stuff. But that would happen today, like you can't, you're not really supposed to. I guess think I were a Nike sneaker sometimes, but you're not really supposed to wear like you know, brands on television that haven't you know, agreed to sponsor you and to be associated with you.
Speaker 2: But right there he is.
Speaker 4: Let that hit you like a shot. Alley writes, PSJP, do us all favor and please read the following as Sid, I'm going to send you a very very short list here of things he wants you to say as Sid.
Speaker 2: Oh God, here we go. Let the monkey dance ball, water.
Speaker 8: Shawmachaels Viennis, autographed picture, wrestler, movie.
Speaker 4: Star, lovely, the Bushwhackers Win. Thank you very much for your Patreon pledge.
Speaker 2: Great name the Bushwackers Win.
Speaker 4: Jared, who I think we just heard from in the letter, Thank you very much for that pledge. Steve writes about Sid's leg break, can confirm how serious Sid's break is. My mom had the equivalent in her foot, where everything but one bone broke just before COVID shit. All these years later, it still causes her pain even with a successful surgery. Thanks for this much needed episode. Tomorrow I bury my one hundred and three year old grandmother, and listening to this has made tomorrow feel more manageable. Well, be about that ice indeed glad to be of service as always. Adam writes, I think what stands out of most TLF most is how organic and fluid it is. A two or three episode SID tribute turns into a near ten episode mini journey. Then someone else might die like OI and the cast gives him a few words.
Speaker 2: It's so true.
Speaker 4: What makes the TLF stand out is that it's consistently awesome, always funny, and no one knows where it's going to go next. Here's to another ten years.
Speaker 2: Boys. It's always about the timing. Honestly, of course it is. It's always about the timing. If someone dies, we're in the middle of something. They just no matter how important, Unless they're unless they're of something, you know, of real, real importance, you know we're not on time for that show.
Speaker 4: Look on, if Hulk Hogan died during the Lamentable tragedy, we would have known what to do.
Speaker 2: I know that would have been hard. I mean that would have been very, very hard. Paul writes.
Speaker 4: He had time code to one of the SID episodes where he quotes me saying favorite nations right and laps Hogan goes what the point about insurance? A minute ago? Andrew bakes a great point. Aren't all wrestler contracts workers compensation?
Speaker 2: Yes? The following is a workers compensation agreement wrestlers to receive. Oh my good, let's hear from Jake from Wisconsin. Hit it all right, here we go, dear co chairs. I'm reliving the thirty week journey, which I do every I guess year, along with the Stark Tour and hearing a fellow Sol's a member saying that WrestleMania eight was his go to show. That made me think of what what my go to think of what my go to shows are? Mine have to be WrestleMania three because growing up I'd always see the stair down between Hogan and Andre And when I finally got the DVD when I was twelve or thirteen years old, that hurts me. The fact here I am thinking that, you know, he's like, you know, grew up watching that show. But no, he's thirteen. If you're thirteen years old when DVDs are fucking coming out, you're I'm gonna kill you. He was born I said, right there, I was born ninety four. Fuck you, I'm kidding. Maybe maybe I'm not.
Speaker 4: How dare you might be ten or twelve years older than the younger than I am.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, thirteen there, you'd be thirteen years old younger than I am. What And I still got goosebumps even well, I appreciate this, and I still got goosebumps even watching it all those years later and still gives me goosebumps. And my second go to show is jarr K eighty three, which I watch every Thanksgiving. I just love the dirty gritty look and I love the cage match and dog collar match. Well, all right, you won me back with all this stuff.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you when I watch star K eighty three, I can smell turkey cooking.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I can smell. I mean right, I would to me, I look at that at that building, and I it to me, it must reek of the smell of stuffing, right.
Speaker 4: Because everyone's got it on their clothes, because right, the kitchen was full of aromatic sense before you run out to the matches.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and you've got like turkey grease on your fingers and stuff.
Speaker 4: It can't help it, totally, absolutely, such an under discussed part of star K eighty three and future star Gredes for that matter, agreed just the sloppiness of the eaters, the sense baked into the fibers of their sweater exactly.
Speaker 2: And finally, my absolute go to show is not a fan favorite, and I really don't give a fuck, but it's my It's my show because it's the show I remember first seeing ever, and that's Star k ninety seven, even though I was only three years old. I can remember watching that show live on pay per view. Seeing Hogan versus Sting is what made me a lifelong fan of the sport of kings and I will always watch that show at least one year, sometimes twice. I love Austin Rock and Undertaker, but it was Hogan and Sting will always be my all time favorites because they are the two that made me fall in love with pro wrestling. Have a Merry Christmas. Love that, Yeah, I dig that. I totally dig that. That show has Mormon fuzzies for me too, for sure. I mean, you know, that's the thing you got to remember. I mean, favorite wrestlers are always about what you saw, you know, what was right there in front of you when you you know, whenever you saw wrestling for the first time, it's like it's so crucial, it's one of those beautiful things about it, and that's about the whole mess of fucking business. Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And just see, it's so fun when you become an adult and get access to resources to be able to actually spend time figuring out why was that so impactful? Because it's not like everything I saw when I was a kid I remember fondly, So why was it that this match is the one I remember? And that's what's worth discussing as opposed to the broadstroke. You were a kid, and that's why you loved it. Now, there's a lot of stuff I didn't like when I was a kid, yep. And so what did rise to the level rose to the level for a reason, and it rose to that level for a lot of other people too. Scott Matthews, thank you very much for the pledge. We appreciate the cake. Tom, the homie, the number one Solar System member, writes TLF. He quotes something I said on the SID Tribute Volume nine. The quote is if only they knew the realities we uncover and the conclusions we are left to reach. Yes, he says, I don't suggest as lightly, but this, my friends, should be a T shirt. Tom will take it under advisement. Yep, Scott pointed out when we were going through the Fulton County court records on the sid injury stuff. Lol, we haven't tried the well meaning judge and Scott can confirm this. You know why because he happened to have listened to the UTC on Santa Claus, the movie which feature Daphne Daphne. Yes, where the judge a courting I don't remember this, but I laughed out loud and he read it back where the judge called the plaintiff Daphne guilty and I'm pretty sure he called her a fuck Yeah, so definitely not a well meaning judge there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what fucking would I remember going to court with Daphne, but yeah.
Speaker 4: It's probably when she she sued over the concussion she got in TNA. Oh maybe William Wright. Hogan's lawyer ringtone is a MIDI version of real American the vibrations of which are so intense that they shake the pull chain off the bedside lamp. Yes, I agree with that phone is almost spinning from vibrating so much when Hogan calls. I just thought there was a funny image. One of the things we do in these feedback episodes. If you're not familiar, is pass along word pictures painted by the Solar System as well. Doesn't have to just be a letter, Jeff Wright. Let's do a tribute in the style of Sid to Savage Dusty or Piper you son of a bitch. That'd be something, be something, because you know, Piper died and Dusty died before we were equipped to really go like this, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean we did, we did do tributes for them, but not we did not they were single shows. They weren't.
Speaker 4: We didn't have the hubris to think that our fans would support us going right year by this before we did, like the medical tragedy, year by year, before we realized that we could get away with really taking our time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean listen, you know, like when they died, I mean they both I think they both died. The only thing we had done of that nature was, uh, was the Main's Journey. It's just there's year two.
Speaker 4: It's such a mischievous suggestion because over the years I've always thought of that. It's just there's no hours, there's no hours in the day.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: Like everything feels like something we should do above and beyond what we did what we the main show, you know, So it's it's hard, but I hear you, I hear you. That's all I can say. Because God help anybody else out there who thinks they're in the telling a wrestler story space. If we decide to go hard and anybody and everybody is supposed to just who happens to pass away at a convenient time for us to set aside the agenda? You know, like if Terry Funk died at another time, we wouldn't have done that, but he died at that time when you were doing the play, and we kind of didn't. We had kind of a wide open schedule with nothing that was so concrete that people would really miss it if we moved it.
Speaker 2: And it was it was, you know, and for me it was great to not have to really watch shows because I didn't have the time rehearsing the play. That's yeah.
Speaker 4: And that's what emboldened me too, to be like, you know what, let's actually do a watch a long style for the first time. Let's like let's come in cold and let's watch it like we watch cinemat movies or like we ww pay per views on Patreon now, yep. And because of that, we just could watch Terry Funk's whole career. Yeah, we didn't have to just decide, oh, we'll watch this match and we'll talk about these ten matches. No, well, we'll pretty much watch every match in promo of consequence that he ever did and the most remarkable career any wrestler has ever had, with the most diversity cross styles, geographies.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just ridiculous what he was.
Speaker 4: However, I think back on him, I'm like, wow, that was like ten careers that we talked about basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean no, seriously, it really was.
Speaker 4: The whole history of pro wrestling is there, from the NWA Champion era and the territories to to you know, what became of the business when he was still barely able to move but crack and Jerry Lawler over the head, you know, with three hundred people there, whether with a trash can or whatever the case is. Vipin writes, the game we play as simple. Two co chairs speak, one man listens like that, not too like that, Willie Thompson, thanks for the pledge, my friend, Cyrus the Virus always a strong supporter. Great to hear from him and thanks for the cake. Yancey writes subject line, yes, shut up, I'll take it away please.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I love a good shot up that makes me happy. Here we go, okay, co chairs, Happy holidays. After you had another six hour drive back and forth to visit my parents for Thanksgiving, a ride consisting of you guys in my ear and Vienna's in my dreams. I knew what I had to do yet again. I quit being a freeloading bitch years ago, and I'm a faithful listener. But sometimes between the journeys, the live calls and the regular episodes, my little stink hole can only take so much, and I fall episodes, weeks and journeys behind. But I persevere. I have resolve. It will be zoomed. But the long and meaty hours of content is partly why I have never made the jump to a higher level. I can barely take all of your girthy giving as is do I dare have the courage to open up a little more. But as I recently sat on my lunch break listening to the monchamen, go ahead, you can do it. Listening to the monchumen trying his damnness to get it hard, for a ride of fuck, for a night of fucking yes, and Sid telling Vince and any and everyone to shut up, and my personal favorite, a line that has stuck with me since the night my brother and I saw it so many years ago, Live I don't know shit crown Baby the Best, the Best, which I found equally cutting to Brett and hilarious for obvious reasons. I felt that tug, that little tinge of guilt yep, yep. And I'm not nearly giving back I'm giving. I'm not that I'm not given nearly back to even come close to match what you have given to the solar system and to me. And then JP starts talking about those who have pledged, always a favorite part of the episodes for me, and why people pledge, and asks us to think about the hours and hours and hours and hours and hours that go into making this wonderful piece of art. And I knew I needed to jump to a higher level. So I have not because I can handle it, not because I necessarily even want more content, not because I'm dying to dive into movies, but because I need to. I need the lapsed, and I need it bad I need that voice in my ear, that voice that makes me laugh, think, reflect, the voice of reason, a steady hand in a not so steady world. So take my measly offerings and forgive me for not making the jump Center. It feels so good to give, so good. In fact, as someone who grew up in the deep Deep South, I can't tell you how many cans of delicious and vicious piannas sat on the shelves of my pantry growing up and ended up as a snack fishing hunting game with my dad playing church softball, shout out to City's team, and other similar times. Now that I'm living in Tennessee, just a few hours from everyone's favorite church and homeless mission, maybe I'll take a trip over to West Memphis and do the right thing for those in need this holiday season. And maybe they'll do the right thing and send me an Aurgraft picture. Thanks for the hours you put into this, Thanks for allowing me to do the right thing, and the support the real deal. If you're listening and you don't, you'll be glad you did do.
Speaker 4: The right thing, he writes as he bumps his pledge up to the twenty dollars executive producer tier Line.
Speaker 2: Damn fucking right, he does. Come on, folks, does more need to be said?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Will Moore be said? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, Rick S, thank you very much for your pledge. Welcome in the big Homie, Austin King Sliver writes. During the pandemic and for a year or so after, Alamo Draft House did convert many of their theaters into makeshift drive ins. We were talking about well, yeah, we're talking about this. Yeah, by having moving projectors out on outside and using the big outer walls of the building as screens, the one in my areas seem to do very well. Yes, just bring them back. I'll put them on walls. I don't give a fuck. Yeah, I mean I see projections now on buildings that are like four K. They have like this technology nowaday just have like images dancing on fucking stone walls.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So don't get me an excuse about infrastructure that you can put it on anything. Just put a big fuck it. I don't care a big edifice. Just bring back drive ins as soon as possible, and bring them back for closed circuit events, not just movies. Bring them back for this, you know, go see the super Bowl in a huge ass parking lot somewhere with the biggest screen in the county, in the state, and let people grill, and let people rejoice, and let people recreate, and let people try to recreate the experience of experiencing something live. Right, That's what I'm calling for, the return of closed circuit Are we ready? Can we handle it? As a people?
Speaker 2: I think it's a great idea. Put it outdoors. Mm hm, you know, in warmer class and you know what, here's the thing. I mean, you know, well maybe maybe not, I don't know. But if you if you limit it to that, depending on the on on what it is, people will go.
Speaker 4: I think if you if you set up a if you set up a way to do it that's modular, that isn't a permanent, fixed screen somewhere that can't be uninstalled. It's a fucking home run because you only set up when there's an event and good enough climate to do it, and sometimes rain will fuck you up, you know. Doing the winter, I guess and really cold climates, maybe you could pull it off. Maybe people would be willing to, you know, bundle up. They certainly do it for tailgates during NFL season, right, But I'm talking big events, big boxing matches, concerts, you know, on a big screen, since money waiting to be made, and you just do it out in the middle of some field that no one's using, and you have you know, some kind of a just like you would erect the screen at raw they put the thing on the coat. Just go around the country and do it. Maybe fucking awesome, and you could franchise it, you know, like everyone can. It's not like a permanent thing, but every now and then when there's a hot event, you can make a good amount of money by being the guy in your metro area that knows how to set it up and you know, pays for the license to show it and pays for the license to be associated with, maybe like a national brand that's known for doing these things in a big way. I mean, you see the movie theaters try to do it to add revenue, you know. And I think it's cool to go see a concert in a movie theater or I've seen wrestling in m a pay per views in movie theaters and I think it's awesome. Yeah, but I think it's it's it's on a higher level if you can make it an outdoor party. Do you know what I mean yes, and everyone's got their phones so they can all bluetooth the audio. It's not like even even the audio infrastructure, which I know is a huge part of the drive in movie theater experience, you know, broadcasting it over the radio, you gott to be sitting in your car. Sometimes they get the speakers you know, actually installed into the ground and that's all pretty cool. But you don't even need that anymore.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: Everyone can just have one bluetooth in if they want to hear the audio, which is great because it kind of sucks sometimes to go to a setting like that, like to watch a game in a bar, and if you want to hear the commentary, you can't hear it, you know, but fun, I mean, what are we waiting for?
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 4: Tim Lee, thank you very much for the increase in pledge. Deeply appreciated. Pete, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: We love it. Nico always longtime support, and he's bumping it up even more.
Speaker 4: It's incredible. David Quinn, thank you for your support. Marty f thank you very much for that robust pledge to your co chairs. Daniel writes in the two KWW Games, when new entrants join the Wargames match, they actually pull out weapons from under the ring and bring them heart of the built in entrance. You can believe that's a comment on one of our War Games Survivors Series twenty twenty twenty four live calls on Patreona. They just do it like it's part of the rules of war games that you have to bring weapons with you.
Speaker 2: Just awful. And you know it used to be like.
Speaker 4: Fortuitous, even though unfortunate. Once someone would come out of the war Games with an injury because the match was pretty you know, dangerous, and you hit each other pretty hard, and you know, Hawk got carried away and JJ Dillon broke his shoulder on the doomsday device in the first war Games and that's part of the legend of the match. But now we're in an era where all the war Games injuries are ones that people inflict on themselves because they can't stop jumping off the top of the cage. Both Jimmy Usso and Bronson Reid busted their ankles diving off the cage through tables and wargames, the injuries are happening to the people who are jumping themselves, who are doing it to themselves. They're not even booking war games to have guys come out of war games worse for wear. No one's selling that they can't move for weeks because people are actually getting hurt for things they voluntarily did in spots that do not belong in the war games that you can do every other month, joke, every other show of the year.
Speaker 2: You can do that shit wargames. I don't whatever. Edward Zeman, thank you for the increasing.
Speaker 4: Said a million times. It's it's a disaster this year. When you see those injuries, it's like, this is what I'm trying to say. It is fucking stupid. This is the one match where you don't have to do that to yourself, but you already ruined it because now the crowd, the WW crowd thinks of war games is tables and chairs and shit and garbage cans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what, stop doing it. They could, but that's my point. It's like down in them condition the fans had a chance to.
Speaker 4: Start, had a chance to start in the right way, and they set themselves back. Dylan Mack and Tyre thanks for the pledge. Haull Cogan writes, to be fair Billy and Flair, I still to have some trouble accept in the family name being pronounced broccoli as in the fucking vegetable. Yes, that still gives me.
Speaker 2: Positive As Billie Eilish was saying.
Speaker 4: Oh man, he was a close observer, was Hull Cogin on Patreon. The Carnies were for our forever journey and when we hit the final episode, no time to die, He writes, I remember watching this for the first time and being surprised how emotional I was at the end. It's probably because on like other Bond movies, I knew I was saying goodbye. I'm feeling the same way as I start this final Bond episode of Under the Cinemat I would say, I'm feeling like a pussy. But it's a great man once set boss. What's wrong with a little pussy?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with pussy?
Speaker 1: It's the Fan wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan.
Speaker 6: Just because we posted a new episode of The Lapsed Fan doesn't mean we are done with the campaign to take what is rightfully ours. If you haven't yet, vote for The Lapsed Fan to win the award for Wrestling Podcast of the Year. Click on this show's notes, follow the link and do the right thing.
Speaker 1: He's an lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Carnaco and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 2: Hi co Chairs.
Speaker 4: This is Chris by the way high CoA Chairs. This is directed more to JP. Not sure if this one has come up yet or it's on the horizon already, but if you didn't know, now, I'm not going to call somebody that the legendary Hull Coogan replacement Tom McGee has a part in the movie Stone Cold.
Speaker 2: Fuck the fuck? Do you know the movie Stone Cold? No, I don't want to look it up. I'm gonna look it up right now because it's Tom McGee. Fascinated. Remember we were.
Speaker 4: Walking behind Tom McGee in Las Vegas and he was vaguely he was rollerblading, and he was as thin as a toothpick.
Speaker 2: Right, he's like Batista.
Speaker 4: But they found him because that was the year that wwe like unearthed the match with Brett and put it in at the Unearthed that bullshit. They bought it because fucking Conrad and company found it and we're going to show it at the star Cast and have bretton Tom McGee do a panel discussion.
Speaker 2: It's with Brian Bosworth, Lance Henrickson, Lance Henrickson, and William Forsyth. A tough Alabama cup is blackmailed by the FBI into going undercover in a violent Mississippi biker gang. Yeah, well this is gonna be good.
Speaker 4: Tom McGee say, I'm strategic about when I violate that GtC rule. He writes, hadn't watched this movie since I was a teenager and randomly circled back to it today upon which I saw a former bearer of the torch that never was, So I had to immediately had to share this with you the infinite overseas of the Solar system. Hopefully this is news and we'll inspire a future episode of Under the Cinema.
Speaker 2: And if not, there's a character named Mountain, does Tom McGee and.
Speaker 4: That's the kind of guy man. Well, we'll never have a real good reason to dive into him because he's not in any shows. He did Japan shows that will never cover.
Speaker 2: He's done. He did eight movies little TV shows as well, did The Alligator, to the Mutation, Dragon.
Speaker 4: Fight, Alligator to the New Batch.
Speaker 2: There it is Street Night. Oh god head for this to this movie Street Night. I don't have any idea what the fuck this movie is? But he plays a character named Baby Huey me we can go, We go over days about Baby Hughey. That was that was once. That was what's your nickname? Oh Ship, It's gonna go well, oh Man, Tom McGhee.
Speaker 4: Dan coming with an important one here because I didn't realize this was out there. Unfortunately for the Sid journey, there isn't too much to it. But Dan remembered that when WW did a special countdown episode Biggest Blunders. Countdown is like a recurring series they came up with for the network. The number ten entry once was about Sid having to say I have half the brain you do to Nation Hall, and he kind of remembers part of it being Sid trying to pass it off as something that Hall and Nash told him to say, as opposed to maybe this is where this comes from, this notion that he you know, in addition to the shoot interview clips he played where he said it was a scripted line. Maybe that whole line of thought got new life because of this Countdown special. But thanks to what to Dan for pointing it out and in the spirit of following it up on a recent episode, which is always a very important part of what we do here on the on the feedback shows, Pull pulled said segment and uh, it's just a couple of minutes here we'll see what Sid does and doesn't say relative to the famous blunder he.
Speaker 5: Went on the mic.
Speaker 9: Good time for Psycho Sid.
Speaker 2: Remember they people to talk like that. Don't put your nose at my best desk. It's actually pretty funny. Then Sid woke out clips They come.
Speaker 1: Up with foot nine, six ' ten Jack huge.
Speaker 2: He is a frightful site for any opponent.
Speaker 9: His persona in Ashley Psycho.
Speaker 2: He's a psychotic, dangerous nuts.
Speaker 3: You are feared of me?
Speaker 7: Come you injected, sue a shot machine.
Speaker 5: I just don't even know if he knew what he was saying. And he just was saying it back.
Speaker 3: You are tough, but your day, but stop, stop.
Speaker 2: What you're done. You're mess with this voice. Man up. All I can say about see it. He was just dumb, sh just dumb, like a six handed monster.
Speaker 6: And I don't mean that in a mean way or a hard way, you know, Just like I said, some guys have this and some guys don't.
Speaker 9: I don't even know what he sounded like, because every time he talked, it would just tune out.
Speaker 2: It's one of those guys like you know. He was so physically.
Speaker 9: Because you talk, the more I'm laughing. If she ever sees this is probably gonna want to kill me. The blunder with Psycho Sid was handing him a microphone.
Speaker 2: I don't think Sid ever spoke one.
Speaker 3: Time without messing up somewhere.
Speaker 5: How do you.
Speaker 7: Address those skeptics, Well, the skeptics and all the people have a little bill.
Speaker 9: Let me do this live, how sorry, anybody has any doubts would get their.
Speaker 2: Answer to night?
Speaker 9: Well, I buddy, I expect there's gonna be a barn burner.
Speaker 2: Shut up, listen.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: Open front Paul of Nash and Nash was already dressed up the cid.
Speaker 7: Curly hair, the chin and everything and all that, and they.
Speaker 5: Were already in the ring making fun of it.
Speaker 2: Bur of fact. I'm just a complete idiot.
Speaker 5: And then Sude comes out and says, you can.
Speaker 7: Wear any Halloween costume you want to. But you know what I know, but you only half the man that I am, and I have half the brain.
Speaker 2: I have half the brain.
Speaker 3: I've got half the brain that you do.
Speaker 2: I asked him, wait, why did you say that? But he told me to say it. They tell him to say and he messed up his words. He didn't want just to make it. I can't and will not take credit for that, whatever sensation it is on the internet. I will not take credit for that. I can't and will not take credit for that, is what. That's all he says. That's that's the only thing. He's in nothing saying I'm obliged to take credit for that. So you won't you tell me what that means. I will not take credit for that. That means that he actually does take credit for that.
Speaker 4: He means blame, not credit, And I think that's part of what's throwing me off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he take credit.
Speaker 4: But it sounds like they snipped him out explaining that the whole thing. It sounds like they snipped him out saying he was handed it, and then they just have him saying I won't take credit for it because they didn't want to platform his his uh, his falsity. But I thought that was a great call by Dan there, and turns out there are a lot of funny other ones that I just didn't even know about or forgot that he said over the years. I mean, just if you just did a sizzle reel of his guttural noises you know on promos. Oh yeah, absolutely, just a fucking riot.
Speaker 2: What is he doing? He's out of his mind, he really is. I mean, he just I mean you just so when I was looking for that revolutionary thing, you know, when we were looking at the at that at that WW video of his, I was like every week he was out there in the middle of the ring just spouting nonsense for ten minutes at a time. He really was.
Speaker 4: It was unbelievable they let him do that. He's like the last guy on earth. Like that's exactly the situation you put him in if you want to bury him.
Speaker 2: You know, right or your company or company.
Speaker 4: It's been a while, but we last year brought you lapsed GPT is part of our Christmas gifts for the Solar System. One of the many things we hung on your tree. And of course we received those great GPT generated scripts from the Solar System that we read off as part of the unrapid Kaipo. The homeboy in Hawaii thought he would send us another one and we'll bring it to you now. He writes, Hey, Jack and JP, just be ready for ye who it's obvious you should be doing, which is, let's see just about everyone beside Sean. Yeah, okay, hey, Jack and JP, I created a dialogue on chat GPT that I think you guys would want to read. You can choose to read over the year if you want. Okay, Scene a backstage area. Jesse Ventura and Randy Savage are sitting at a table piled high with Mexican food.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, Savage. I've been sampling these chimney changas and enchiladas, and I gotta say, I guess they're very good, very authentic, not that I can indulge, Not that I can indulge too much. Chocolates, Chocolate's off the menu. Now, gotta watch the old ticker.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Who cares about your ticker?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think here to listen to your food reviews. Jimmy Junger's hin geladas. Step into the much your madness? Oh yeah, who don't need Mexican food to get to the top digg it. Hey, calm down, Randy, It's just food. No need to snap into it like one of your slim gems.
Speaker 4: Enter hole Covid nervously looking over his shoulder every few seconds. Well you should know it's his paranoid to brackets and he's.
Speaker 2: Going, honestly need to say something, So we'll get back on track and dial in. I love this feeling. Man, someone's lurking around here waiting to ruin me up from behind. At the end of the day, this, this double biz is no joke. You all got my back? Right?
Speaker 3: Who's got your back? But the mutial man, that's for sure. You want to talk about double bizz? How about you doubled down in your own business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, entered the British Bulldog, looking early disheveled and carrying a suspicious pipe in his hand.
Speaker 2: Who this is? Oi?
Speaker 5: HOI?
Speaker 2: Where am I is?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 2: Is this the ring?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You look good? You look good any you know? Snacks bulldog? You look like you've never been You look like you've been through a war zone. What are you doing? Just taking the edge of me biting the pipe?
Speaker 3: Don't mind me to do this? What I'm talking about, brother, we're losing focus.
Speaker 2: We need to dial in. Where's the security?
Speaker 4: I swear someone's going ater sid vicious, laughing moniacally and flexing for no apparent reason.
Speaker 2: You all think you're the masters of the universe. But ah and the master and the ruler of the world. Gods range and sid vicious thrives in it.
Speaker 3: You want to talk the MISTERSA montrer mis the cream of the crop, and cream always raises to the top.
Speaker 4: Ooh yeah, to Shawn Michaels, strolling in nonchalantly with a cocky grin.
Speaker 2: HI had news for your Jack. No, no, you are the cream. I'm trying to get this. You're just a bunch of sour milk. I had news for you again, Jack, Nobody here is gonna take a backs, he told hbk. Hey watch the news, Shawan and light Nush. I had news for you. Jack, doesn't matter. I'm the show stopper the icon, and you're all just along for the rye. You too, Jack, and you Jack, especially you Jack. Stop calling me Jack father. We'll focus man at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: Vince McMahon bursts into the room, clapping his hands together and speaking in his over the top corporate tone.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, people, let's synergize here and create a collaborative environment. So we need to realign our objectives and pivot to a win win solution. For all stakeholders. I'll stay calm. We'll circle back to the paranoia later, but for now, let's optimize the moment.
Speaker 4: Boss quickly, what is the rock who obtained a ton of shares in his recent ascent to the board of wwe have in common with the Big Show? What they're both stakeholders.
Speaker 2: I mean I should have held that go ahead. Sorry, it's almost like a double cross almost gone on.
Speaker 4: The Big Show suddenly appears out of nowhere with a cheeseburger in his handy. He casually rolls up Hogan for a three count. The referee, who also appears out of nowhere. It counts at one. At two three I.
Speaker 2: Believe actually called would have been one. Two. Ghost stops. Hord's done.
Speaker 4: Everyone in the room bursts in the laughter as hult Cogan scrambles to his feet, looking horrified.
Speaker 2: Hurrah, I knew it, I told you, brother, I told you all.
Speaker 4: Everyone continues laughing as Hogan disappears into the distance.
Speaker 2: Hi, I knew it was for you, Jack. That was hilarious.
Speaker 4: A lot of fun, A lot of fun. Thank you, Kaypo. Always great to hear from him. George writes to us, what a journey you have taken us through, and what a pleasure it has been to watch along with you lads. Being a huge Bond fan, I didn't even realize that most of the series qualified for that cinemat treatment. I had no idea about so many wrestling connections. Hopefully we can get those loose end films squared away, Bravo, chaps.
Speaker 2: It's the goal. That's the goal. You heard it here, first goal.
Speaker 4: When was Andrew Writ's Mitsuhara Matsunaga and Wang discussed on that cast under the cinemat. No time to die, of course, what's the problem, Zach writes, am I missing something or as an adult, being into slow pitch softball the equivalent of being into bumper bowling. It seems like something only for children to me. Sid Oh God, how about this? You should feel proud about this one. Robert Reynolds a couple of things he wrote on the end of the Bond Journey. One, I felt it at the end of the Funk Journey too. I'm not ready to go. And he also writes, Roger Moore has been dead for seven years. I've not seen a film he was in until this year. And yet when the newscaster announced his death, on this episode. I got a lump in my throat.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. That's service, boss, You've done service. Do what I can. That was what we want, you know, honestly, he and that was not a planned thing, Okay. I was not out there to celebrate Roger Moore. That was a thing that just happened because he's Roger Moore, right, Hall Cogin put it beautifully. Damn.
Speaker 4: I don't want this one to end, but I guess it's time to die. M then, right, So I'm sure you've looked into it. But in the next part, will you comment on the WW trying to hire Sidne too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I included this.
Speaker 4: I couldn't find anything better about what you're talking about, he said. Pritchard has talked about it on his podcast. I can't believe WW would try to hire Sidne no too when he wasn't even mobile yet. His leg hadn't be fully healed as far as we can glean, and he just disappeared from this.
Speaker 2: Is better when he's not mobile. Maybe they try and do more with him.
Speaker 4: To poach him from like that WWA group where he did like a shot as a commissioner. Maybe that was the idea, But I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't find anything. So if anyone out there can in that loose end for us and find some instance where people talked about WW trying to recruit Sid in two thousand and two, at which point he basically disappeared from the scene for three years.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear it. Bruno.
Speaker 4: Yep, thanks for the for the cake and the support. In the three sixteen membership, Jerome puts out a fun thing. I was supposed to see Hogan and Sid at Spring Stampede two thousand before the big changeover in management, ended up seeing neither wrestle. It was my one and only WCW show. That's easy to forget. Before Russell and Bischoff came in, they were having they were going to reignite A Hogan. Remember we did that quick mention of the press conference angle where Hogan takes the spotlight. Yeah, that was building to the Spring Stampede main event that never was because Bishoff and Russo take over in early April on that Nitro and reshuffle the whole deck and Spring Stampede is the first pay per view under that new regime.
Speaker 2: That's wild, it is.
Speaker 4: Ah Ronaldi quotes from the SID Journey. Frank, I am disappointed that you got a ninety nine percent ahead instead of a one hundred and will never attend an event of yours, But I love you very much, okay. Steve writes there was meant to be a SID website, but Frank was left in charge of it. Yeah, we are the best, the best listeners. Chris writes SID as a character from a Coen Brothers would be Tex Cobbs, mounty hunter from Raising Arizona. Big badass with an awesome reputation, and he ends is running the most hilarious fashion possible. Do you know, uh, Raising Arizona.
Speaker 2: A little bit. I've seen him once or twice. I haven't seen it. It's not my favorite Cohen movie.
Speaker 4: Brian Blake, it's real Simpleton the TLF SID tribute, That's that's the truth. Read to stuff, Sam Ouie, thank you for the pledge, my friend. We appreciate it. Jeff Ruben, Welcome in to the Inner Circle. Richard Mann writes, how did Jack not bring up random task?
Speaker 2: Was Joe's son? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Random task from Austin Powers, Yeah, which we spent some time naturally talking about the Bond Journey. Yeah, Joe Son was an early early proto era UFC fighter who's in the movie. He's kind of like an odd you know, the odd job take off character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, random task.
Speaker 4: So he was he He fought in UFC and did some pro wrestling as well, and was a total pervert and ended up going to jail for like a gang rape or something.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 4: But it's like, you know, he's not it's not a bond character. So it's like a little far afield. But I should have brought it up. I accept my culpability if we ever do Austin Powers, know that I'm ready. Okay, I believe it there. I mean I knew, Yeah they're there. I think they believe they are. I don't know if all of them are.
Speaker 2: What do you mean they being Oh the Powers movies, Awesome Powers movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I also distinct. Remember at one point someone saying Austin Powers was the last movie Vince McMahon saw, or it was like his.
Speaker 2: Favorite at least we someone said that. I remember hearing that, and then we kind of always talking to moms gonna move his awesome Powers? Right, yeah, what what more can you see after that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: He said it was the greatest thing you'd ever said. Yeah, if you want to know how Vince's mind works, Josh Burr, thank you very much for the pledge, my friend. We appreciate the cake and the support, and we know you're going to enjoy it. Roberta writes in Greeting's co Chairman, just wanted to give my two cents in the Millennium Man. In nineteen ninety nine, I was sixteen years old. I was a diehard WWF fan, hated the old folks home that was WCW. But Sid maybe change the channel whenever he was on. I knew it was fake, obviously, but I still wasn't really smartened up, and I just thought, no one else in WCW does a choke slam and a power bomb. Sid still rules. I would give anything to be able to watch wrestling that credulously.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: Amen, Amen to that absolutely good point. Jeff writes, Okay, co chairs, just tell me how much a podcast if the Adventures lapsed Michael G. Wilson and lapsed Jesse would cost, so I can let the bank know these excessive charges to Patreon aren't fraudulent. The Adventures of Michael G. Wilson and Jesse the Body of Ventura. Hey, Michael, Michael, what you're doing over there?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: I'm just well, I'm wondering what it is that I'm.
Speaker 4: Doing for cinemat Fans know Michael G. Wilson, but those who weren't him tell him.
Speaker 2: He is. He is the step son of Albert Kubby Brockley, the producer, creator, galactic overseer of the James Bond franchise from day one, and he came on and if he you know, he's just he looks better now, all right. I'm going to give him that. He looks better now. But when you see him in doing interviews in the late seventies early eighties for the Bond movies, he just he looks like someone who has done wrong, right, and you know, and he apparently knows martial arts, and he definitely looks like a guy who would know martial arts, just you know, and he would try to kill you. Absolutely, he would try to kill you.
Speaker 11: I think that's any talks like that, he just doesn't have much inflection or volume in his voice. He just kind of mumbles very softly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'd be totally calm and disconnected about it. That's the point.
Speaker 11: Sometimes sometimes I wonder to myself what it is that makes me angry, and then when I get angry, I.
Speaker 2: Killed people.
Speaker 4: He said, Sometimes I wonder to myself what it is that makes me angry? What does that even mean? Chuck writes, to be fair to Big Van Vader, his book was called Vader Time, and it was published by Walking on Hot Waffles. That's the name of the publisher, not the name. Oh my god, the book. However, ironically, Boss Vader often walking on hot waffles.
Speaker 2: That's very true, as he would put and also often eating hot waffles.
Speaker 4: Because he would put six hundred of them in toasting at a time and they'd all pop, and inevitably, in the rush to get his face on them, he'd step on some. Ryan James, thank you very much for the pledge. Welcome in, Brett Derezo. It's great to have your support, pal. Thank you very much. Jerome says, just get into the commentary on the Bond series over the British premieres of Bond films, and I move that we replaced the live calls of w W shows with live calls of British premiers.
Speaker 2: People love that shit. I loved it. That's one of my favorite parts of the Bond Journey me too. It's just absolutely hilarious. I mean, honestly, we when when when I when I found when I found footage of the of the first one that I was able to get, and I was like, holy shit, this is just fantastic.
Speaker 4: And just the way you kick into that gear of like, ah, yes, oh my god, are you good at that. I like the idea of doing alternate commentary for like the Macy's Day Parade or something, you know, absolutely just being like just totally obnoxious about it. Cody Meek, thanks for the pledge.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Christopher Marriing Rights reaching River of Darkness on my first pass through under of the Cinema. That's one of Sid's indie hits, right, the one with kurent Angle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just after. I mean, that's he's his filmography is not long, no, not at all.
Speaker 4: That is one of them, and we covered that before we lionized Sid yep ye by my first pass th under the Cinemat just after finishing this episode of the Sid Tribute, his proof of lapsed Serendipity apparently said in the episode says, I never met Kurt Angle before this movie, and then later says, yes, I met him when Kurt was first starting in this business in the Memphis territory.
Speaker 2: It can't be both, Sid, When did you meet this sure? Do you sure came both?
Speaker 4: Suit Williams, Welcome back, my friend. Thanks for the pledge. We appreciated. Logan, Yes, give me that fucking cake. Matthew Muns, Yes, up that pledge. Parker Soul saying, yes, welcome into the inner circle. Aaron Horton keep going up? Why stop there? Derga points out when we're going through ninety nine Sid when he was in that Randy Savage stable. Remember we talked about that thing where Sid slap Tory Wilson. Pardon me, Randy Savage slap Tory Wilson a nitro one time when it wasn't scripted. Yes, Durga points out an important nuance about that. He says, this has probably been pointed out already, and it's a small thing. But the Tory Wilson's lap was that she was laughing at Randy's intensity, so he slapped her, not the other way around. I remembered it being Randy slapped her, and it was like such a fake slap that she couldn't help but laugh. But Randy slapped her because she was already laughing at how over the top he was being so right, that really makes it a little darker, you know what I mean, that we can't We can't take solace in the idea that the slap was k faved enough that she could laugh it off.
Speaker 2: No, in fact, she gots slapped for laughing right, that was out of his fucking mind, That's what happened. Just think of like the state of his upper body in that run, and the look on his face and the recedingness of his hairline and the leather of his cangle and then he can't get it up. I mean, what a story. Yes, indeed, maybe we have to do that journey. I don't know. There's too much man, and there's a lot there. Oh, he's a fascinating one for sure.
Speaker 4: Alex writes, I'm not trying to be funny when I say I actually think the series finale of TLF is going to be the Hogan tribute show.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, Mike says, I mean, listen, depends if we're like on our way to the grave.
Speaker 4: Maybe, well, I don't see how. I don't see how we can't do a hog contribute until We're in the grave, because it was just it have to be thirty years long, it'd be so crazy.
Speaker 2: Why do they do this to us?
Speaker 4: Why do they make us think about these things? And that's what we do, Mike says. JP's memory of Great American Bash ninety nine and the many copies the video store had unlocked my own memory. I worked at Hollywood Video from two thousand two to two thousand and six, and we had a VHS copy of Great American Bash to rent and three used copies for sale. Even as a huge nineties wrestling fan, I knew better than to check out WCW from that era.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, such a so much excess inventory of those nineteen ninety nine WCW tapes.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure. And again like that that weird. It was just that weird, you know. I didn't know anything about it, and so just seeing Nash and Savage just like this a weird thing. Like I'm thinking, this is not a thing I ever had any desire to see.
Speaker 4: And on those videotapes, we were wondering during the SID tribute what Mandalay Entertainment possibly could have in terms of connection because Mandalay entertainment displays on those WW home videotapes. Yes, and Tom ex Nacio always with the Intel, comes forward and says Mandalay was Peter Gouber's parachute when he got fired from sonywhile Jason Hervey worked for Mandalai. So when Sony bought licensing rights to distribute WW home video from Turner, which I guess that was something I was missing too. That Sony bought the rights from Turner in nineteen ninety nine, they put Hervey, who had broken the deal, and Mandalay, which was interested in sports rights, in charge. Gooper went on to be a minority owner of the Warriors, So there you go. That was almost like a baby step in the direction of Mandela Consis during buying WCW YEP, they were already in in the home video side of things.
Speaker 2: And Jason, because you got Hervey there right.
Speaker 4: He also writes a Tom, it's so funny. The three biggest licensing deals WW you ever made, Sony for home video rights, EA for video game rights, and toy Biz for action figure rights all began in January nineteen ninety nine, and by the end of ninety nine the business had fallen off a Cliff and all those rights were essentially worthless. Timed beautifully, guys, real, real, great job by your crack staff. William Wright's co chairman. I have lived in the Little Rock, Arkansas area for ten years now. I needed a job and got on as a server of the local Chili's. One of the managers there is gorgeous Gary Jung of Global Memphis in Dallas Fame. He once told me about some ring gear that he used for a while that was the goofy half trunk with one leg covered down to his boot. I think we talked about how unfortunate that ring gear is during an episode along the way. He said that the gear seemed cool at the time, but every time he got slammed or suplexed, his balls would pop out. Oh my god, So you got to consider that, Chris Man, thanks for the support, my friend. Welcome to the executive producer tier. Appreciate it very much. Vippin with this letter, dearest coach chairman, this message has meant more for Jacks though. I hold you both dearly for getting me through tough circumstances and being the wrestling friends that I need. This is a private message. Please do not share publicly. I just want to say thank you. We won't but I wanted to say thank you. That's all I can say. Kevin Hiknutt, thank you very much for the pledge. We appreciate the support. Blake says, just a thought, But I was thinking. And don't think there's ever been a year from a theatrical release perspective that was quite like nineteen eighty nine. Oh yeah, hell, I'll spare the list, but it's almost like it had to be destined from the gods. Something magical happened that year. Not sure if you can do anything with that, but some type of nineteen eighty nine cinema journey would fucking hit everyone right between the eyes. I think, just yeah, to go by year instead of by some.
Speaker 2: I mean I'd have to look. I mean again, I'd look to see. I mean I know that there are we'd listen. I mean, he talked about it, but we already do have one connection at least to the biggest movie of night Canadian nine, which was Batman uh in Tony Van Silva. Yes, so, I mean it's something to look at, you know, something to consider looking at what uh you know, like see what what movies are are available doing this to you for us. I mean it's always the same. I love it, Damiens, We've done and we've done some of them already. That's that's that's also kind of the the in a way of bummer, because we have done a significant amount from eighty nine the Indiana Jones, we did Ghostbusters two already, we did Gremlins.
Speaker 4: Having done eighty five Star Kid before the memorial tour.
Speaker 2: Right right, But there's oh yea, there's a lot in here, like to see the.
Speaker 4: Greatest year for wrestling too, not from a business receiapts standpoint, but just from in terms of the stuff both the big two are putting out.
Speaker 2: Of course. Yeah, I mean this was having more of like a big money here, like just a lot of movies came out that were huge. I don't feel the Dreams came out then too.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Damieney, Damien Thorn, thanks for the pledge, my friend. We appreciated. Ellis right. My mother has told me the story numerous times. When she went to see The Exorcist, she saw it twice in theaters that they gave out vomit bags to the movie. Oh my god, imagine the Exorcist, part of Scary Movie Season. Another fucking banner accomplishment this year under the cinematic fun. We go on and on about TLFX, but man UTC X, let me tell you, Yeah, there's a lot of action over there this year UTC four And for George, he writes as always good fun watching along UTC has become a Friday tradition thing for me.
Speaker 2: Now, how great is that? Love? It? It is so awesome? Makes me happy.
Speaker 4: Rick Rude is the subject line here from Brian. Hello, long time, first time in that ass, and I don't mind so remember you briefly touched on the rumors regarding Rick Rude and being castrated. Donky Tonk, Jake Morocco, and Petra have all said the same things. I always thought it was probably big Bs, because if the testicular cancer rumors were true. However, I did find a bit of an interesting post. I went to the Google obituary forms and searched Rude. There are around twenty different forms regarding his death. Four or five of them were from September of ninety nine, shortly after it was officially released in June. I opened all of them up and one had a comment from September seventh, nineteen ninety nine. Here's a quote from the September ninth, nineteen ninety nine Google forum. How come the article doesn't mention anything about his pecker falling off due to gangren after he shot so much viagra into it to get a heart on after losing his balls to testicular cancer. We can't believe I got it all in one sentence.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 4: I had heard that in a way, but I hadn't heard. I hadn't heard that he did it because he had lost his balls due to care answer.
Speaker 2: I just heard that.
Speaker 4: I just always heard the story that he was experimenting with it because he wanted to stay hard. I didn't know that there was like this kind of medical component to it.
Speaker 2: But let's put it this way.
Speaker 4: There's a reason there hasn't been, you know, a Dark Side on Rick Rude, or an any biography on Rick Rude, or anything approximating like a career documentary on that guy or a life in times, because you got to touch on that subject at the end, and I don't think the family wants to go anywhere near it.
Speaker 2: So embarrassing, you know, right.
Speaker 4: And sad too, because he was he was pretty much gearing for an ring comeback, you know, when he died, he was about to have another chapter of his career. He made that impactful jump to WCW from DX that famous ninety was on both shows.
Speaker 2: Really sad. Yes, so that's that.
Speaker 4: Thanks for passing it along. Andrew writes Sid's Vicious viennas. So I'm listening to the latest SID Tribute part six and there was a shout out to Andrew who purchased sid Vienna shirt. My name is Andrew, Yes, that's you. I just want to say you're the man. I recently purchased the Sid's Vicious Vienna shirt. Now, I don't know if it's me you're talking about on the show or if it's some other Andrew who got in touch with you after buying the shirt, but I thought y'all might get a kick. And of why I got the shirt recently, my wife and I made a trip to Canada to see a family. A fifteen hour drive for us, so I always load up on the podcast to make the drive easier. For context, my wife has heard the cast before, and let's just say she doesn't get it. Is this the email boss that inspired the lapsed wife t shirt. I think it's the same one. Okay, I might have just put it in this folder. Andrew, thanks again. Yeah, we passed that along. It was just too money when it happened, and it was relevant to the sid journey, so we read it there. But I got lapsed. Wife moving a couple of units this Christmas season. Oh fuck yeah, very nice to say, William Murphy, thanks for bumping up the pledge. We appreciate the cake and the support mister Rick bell Bottom's rights. I have often nearly prolapsed with laughter with your content, and I've always wanted to not be broken enough to not subscribe. However, I found that I couldn't enjoy the CID episodes. I didn't think he was cold enough to be Frank Frank. As for the Vienna sausages, the first State WrestleMania's the first five Survivor series, Summer Slam eighty one to ninety one, and one or two row rumbles, you literally had a six foot eight hot dog and trunks for ages. I subscribe to say thanks for your content, but plead with you all stop wasting time and to please just get on with making the Randy Savage biopic. Everyone keeps talking about Savage, and it's not like something recently happened with him that would make people want it. It's just it's too serendipitous.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think I'm gonna have to answer that weight not have to think about that. But I mean it's interesting. I mean, I guess, I guess because out of all of the of the rest of us who've died, I mean, you know, he's He's prime beef of that totally, yeah, of that era.
Speaker 4: If Sid is as lapsed as it gets, then Randy's even a higher level, you know, right, Sid has that quality of somebody that you wouldn't at first blush think to do a tribute for. And that's really where we can do damage. Whereas Savage. Everyone knows Brandy Savage is worth saving and worth you know, examining.
Speaker 2: I mean, especially because when you consider he you know, he died well before we even yes conceive of the show.
Speaker 4: Right, so we didn't have the chance to decide to do a tribute show about him. We weren't even in that mode yet. Unbelievable, unbelievable. I don't know, it might be something, there might be an initiative. I'm in a New Year's resolution kind of frame of mind. That's what's always so dangerous about the holidays is you get your time off, you know, and you start like fucking around and your mind starts wandering and you start getting ambitious, and you kind of lose it gets a little You get a little loss of perspective for how little time there actually is in a day in a week when things ramp back up, so you like overload all these ambitions, which is a good thing.
Speaker 2: It's healthy.
Speaker 4: And we love the solar system pointing us in a direction that always makes it easier when people ask for us to do it instead of us doing it hoping people accept it, which we know they will. But yes, this is one too many. This is one too many random mentions of savage when we did the sid thing. Uh oh, I'd subscribe to say thanks your content. Oops, I almost forgot the main reason for my subscription, He writes, to put it out there that the third annual Survivor series is begging for the lapsed treatment. For sure, It's true. Still my favorite pay per view. I'm happy to feel happy and ashamed and equal measures. Well, thank you for that. I always open to the entreaties and thanks for the cake as well. Here is Abibe from Toronto and we're going to pass this on to the boss. Abebe's a long time supporter. Always great to hear from one of the more astute I would say, members of the Solar system.
Speaker 2: What does he have for us this time? The laps fan is my favorite piece of media, and I constantly go back to it over and over again. I have a hard time explaining this even to myself, as I honestly don't have any connection to wrestling anymore. This is not a work. But after buying my old wrestling buddy burying my old wrestling buddy a few months ago, it has become clear to me why this podcast has that quot quote warm blanket feeling short. My best friend in high school in middle school was a huge wrestling fanatic. He would tape every raw. I was not allowed to watch wrestling because Adnan al Casey Fakeness offended my father so deeply, so I would rely on his tapes every weekend and we would obsess over every angle. For whatever reason, we thought the Rock was an Arab and so he became a favorite even before he was cool. Honestly, back then with that haircut, he did look like a Saudi or a Kuwait. That's amazing. I never thought of that. Really funny. We even tried to get buff and ripped like our favorite wrestlers, although we were smart enough to have other career goals unlike the retarded Bell brothers. His words says direct yet Yeah. Anyway, those were some of the best years of my life, even though we both couldn't get women to touch us even if our life depended on it. But unfortunately we grew up. I went away to university. He became a dentist and a prompt quote prominent figure in the community mosque. So even the old wrestling tapes were taped over to delete all evidence of wrestling fandom, and we lost touch up until about a year ago. I got a text from him that he had terminal cancer and that he was that he's going to fight. He is going to inject himself a lethal dose of poison. He was talking about chemotherapy. We both had a good laugh about about that ridiculous McMahon and w O promo. I kept in touch with him this past year. He passed around from very various unsuccessful treatments and began to lose hope and knew he was reaching the end. A few days before he passed, he mentioned to me those days we had spent watching raw and eating his mom's home cooked meals were his favorite days and that he and that was the last conversation I had with him before he died. Wow, so now my fan with the lapse fan makes a bit more sense. It's two friends obsessing and making fun of a dumb product that they once enjoyed. The wrestling fandom lapses with the friends and the good time staying. You don't need to read this email on air. Just wanted to place the share, and quite frankly, the funeral was not the best place to do it. I talked about our share wrestling fan in that environment, I would have been judged harshly, and unlike him, I'm still alive and have to live with the judgment and shame. Wow. That's a hell of a letter. Yeah it is, and he's right.
Speaker 4: We don't set out to be that, but we can certainly serve that purpose for folks who needs the sin. Hitman, thanks for bumping all the way up to that moat tier. It's time to shout out the Moat Tier. It's been too long. Look, it's not for everybody, yep, but it is our richest, highest level of participation in support, and it is a bunch of people that are the envy of any podcast in the world that they would put this cake on a monthly basis really for support. I mean, there are a lot of extra goodies we try to throw to the Moat Tier, but with the exception of Wrestle Mamia, which of course is more than worth it, it's really truly a spirit of like, no, I want to I want to show the highest level of support because you keep doing what you're doing, not because there's something directly in it for me. Just the existence of the podcast is what's in it for me, and so as is only appropriate, here's the honor roll of folks that are way way high up in that solar system in the Moat Tier. Abel Edier, Adam Graver, ad x three, Aiden Kevelhan, Alan Smith, Andrew Austin, King Sliver, Brian up, Blake, Downing, Brad Brandon Kaiser, Brendan Moe, Brian Blake, Brian Heinz, Chris Awsome, Mike Cogan, Chris Harris, Christopher Creva, Chuck Piacio, cold Stone, Steve Austin, Daniel David camon Ester, David Style, Dennis Dominic, Carrera, Hult, Cogan Intern, Matt James, Irwin, John Francis, Justin Davenport, Kevin Mills, Christopher Craig, Mark Daper, Martin Ferguson, Marty Longhurst, Mike Hornecker and Monty Davis Junior and Nathan and Pedro Rios and Pete Cosey and Peter Rustling and Robert Holtzammer and Ryan Ball and Sam Fairbanks and Scott Michael Ferry and Sean mcgherren Shane and Stephen Stephen Laird and Thomas Atanacio and Tom and Zach Medras and Zach Geller as the Homie ZV as well as Zach unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That that list is still is so long and solid and consistent, and it's a gift, it really is. Morgan Brown, thank you very much for your support.
Speaker 2: Mister ten ninety nine, just a guy rights.
Speaker 4: Is there a podcast out there that would spend two months on the life and career of Cidy Uty? Absolutely not? Why because on their best day they're not as good as TLF mm hm. Adam writes, I lost it. Adam writes, the curtain lifts on the empty stage. The gargantuan, austere, blonde haired giant stands alone. The spotlight shines on a giant stack of Vienna sausages. Sid then breaks into a rendition of good night by someone from the music Man. After he's finished, he disappears. The curtain then drops as suddenly and devastatingly as a giant nineteen ninety two West Memphis power bomb and scene.
Speaker 2: Fart.
Speaker 4: Donovan, thank you very much for your support. Andrew Shustek, thanks for the gay Craig writes on cinemat I come to you, a humble member of the Solar system with an offering. After Boss giving that full fucking lapse treatment to Alice, Sweet Alice, I've needed to help to contribute again with either a classic movie or classic wrestler. Honestly, in some ways, I'm shocked you haven't gotten to this one yet. But then again, some of the language of the movie can also easily dismay you, or even more morbidly, I could see JP holding this one back for when the director of the movie passes away. But gentlemen, Alex Carris mongo blazing fucking saddle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Tom a list YEP, can confirm?
Speaker 7: Boss?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying? Can confirm?
Speaker 4: Andrew writes on cinemat Ah, the familiar warmth of a film driving locals mad enough that it makes the papers.
Speaker 2: Ah not a good one. It's my favorite thing. Whenever that happens, it just makes me happy.
Speaker 4: Triple Biz, thanks for the six support. We appreciate that Executive producer level tier pledge. Chris Madonno same to you, my friend. There's Habib coming in strong. Stephen Prescott, thank you very much for the pledge. Rich Molton, thanks for bumping up the support. Daniel and a point went all the way up to the moat tier and thus is goateed in our eyes. Ben Buck, thank you very much for the cake. Andrew writes bumped up to the moat tier for the holiday season and wanted to send a shout out for how great UTC is. Took me about eighteen months to work my way through the archives and it stands alone as an incredible podcast, the perfect mix of hilarious and informative on a subject I probably never would have dealt did into independently. He really hits it on the nose there, love it. I love that all well. An obscene increase in his monthly pledge is deeply appreciate it up there north of the Border, Thank you, Andrew, Alex Conley, thank you very much for the pledge. Doctor Wiz Pip, longtime supporter. Thanks for the cake. William Murphy, great to see your support. Thank you, Sean. Thanks for the increased vote of support and confidence. Louis Perez, longtime supporter in the saddle again, thanks for the cake. Ion Knight, thank you for the support. My friend Greg Armstrong, we welcome you into the Solar System Inner Circle. Dominios, thank you very much for your pledge of support. Macho Mania, thank you very much for the cake. This one goes out to Rick Pepe who jumped into the UTC Tire executive producer. He is how about real Yoshi Hashi coming in strong in joining the Solar System.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: John Zegler, longtime supporter, bumped up the pledge recently. Dav thank you very much for the cake. Chris says, I'm going to make this real simple. I had to pull over while I was driving so there would be not a crash hearing boss as Sid say, what do you mean my prerogative? Don't you sit there and use your fucking Connecticut words with me. I have yet to make it back on the road, Christopher reports. Zach writes, I can a test to a tremendous boss's enthusiasm on my Hogan Giant cameo, both based on how great it is and the fact he completed their quest and record time.
Speaker 2: This was I was part of it. I couldn't believe the work the boss did. I was fucking funny, he said, No, I mean that one was like, you know, that one was just I was like, holy shit, that I just you know, I often, if I, if I'm being completely honest, usually the ones that I uh, that I either take my time on or that i've kind of apologize have let slip is because I don't have an immediate inspiration, right and so I'm which usually you know, ends up just me winging it and it's fine. It's usually you know, they're always they're always satisfied. We never get any complaints, that's for sure. And but that one I was like, I needed to do it. I needed to do it right away.
Speaker 4: We'll know that Zach ordered it for a Halloween treat on Monday, and he got it so fast it was painful holding on listening to it, holding off listening to it for several days. Ah Steve King, thank you very much for the increase in pledge.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it. Daniel James Dunn, thank you for the increase. It's great.
Speaker 4: Rosalie Kane. Great to see you in the Solar System. Thanks for the money. Conrad Benjamin, we love it. Cody Davis, we love it. Brian Condon, we love it all this support. Adam says, sid, what do you think about people who hid in the link of that fucking cast? They don't know shit, cry baby. This is Scott Michael Ferry, one of the big cinophiles on the Solar System, commenting, oh yes, on our coverage of The Exorcis on Scory Movie Season. He writes, are you sure this episode dropped on Halloween? Because it sure feels like Christmas?
Speaker 3: To me?
Speaker 4: This is an all time film for me and I could not have been more excited to see that episode length was longer than my fucking work day, Absolutely worth the weight of a full year. This is also a bit of a loose connection but up here in the Northeast there was a wrestling faction named Team Pazzuzu who would wear that oh no shit, famous shot at the Pazuzu face from the film on their knee pads and shirts, even if the face was altered so you could make out the words suck me, oh my god. The most successful guys from Pazzuzu ended up being Santana and or tees, who are proud and powerful in aw Or were what.
Speaker 2: Do you know? That was a connection You didn't even know to point now, I had no clue. I didn't even I didn't that didn't, that did not. It's kind of funny that did not come across the trends across the yeah at all. That never even never even came up right call out. That's what makes the Solar system so great, Ronnie Cathy, thanks for the support. Owen writes, just up to the EP here for the Exor System. Let's fucking go. That's gonna feel good, boss. When yeah, you bring a movie that brings someone across the finish line, Yes, yes, yes, yes, that is always that's it. You know, if I can, if I can, I I I I do, I do think that there is some value in in the show. I think it actually, I think it touches a unique aspect of the wrestling business. But I know that it's you know, it's it's it can be a little hefty on the wallet, and I know, but I know that once you cross over, you're gonna get it. Yeah, you're gonna understand. And you know, there's a movie out there for everybody to make that jump.
Speaker 4: Especially now considering how robust the archive is at this point. Yeah, something's in there, something's in there for you. Vernon Wright's on.
Speaker 2: The one hundred and thirty six movies as a video, Yes, And.
Speaker 4: Wrestle Mommy keeps going, Oh, I mean yeah, everyone got a taste when Mama Sorrow set in for the unwrapping on the free feed. But if you're wondering what Wrestle Mommy is like, now you know. And Vernon writes my favorite Mama Sorrow bit moarning JP about the danger of wrestling. You have a daughter, better never do one of those matches.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, oh, I love that. Also when she says colored, JP replied bleached. I don't know why I was dying at that. Oh, Mama, I'm Marianne Mama sorrow.
Speaker 4: Does that dog tell you when he wants to go out? Oh my god, JP, No, Mama sorrow. Okay, he's just looking for the sun. Her wholesomeness, he says, is untouched.
Speaker 2: It's it's you know, well, yeah, go for it. It's it's a So for some reason, she just has this weird fear and instinct that if the dog is doing anything but sleeping, it must need to go to the bathroom. Ah, it must need to go out. I'm like, no, this dog goes out three times a day, all right, it knows, you know, it's it's very I wouldn't say, I'm not going to say that that he is one hundred percent uh you know, a house broken. But I'm gonna say he is like eighty percent house broken, all right, And he knows that we walk three times a day, and so he's not you know, it's because he's walking around, doesn't mean he's a fucking bathroom. Now, Now you don't find yourself having to repeat that, do you? Oh my god, over and over every time every time they come here, every time I every time I bring the dog up to their house, it's the same thing. Does he need to go out? Is that poop.
Speaker 4: H No, Mom, wasn't you worried during the unwrappening that there was dog shit somewhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was like it wasn't dog shit, it was something else. No, it was I think it was like tree chocolate, yes, trets, Yeah, chocolate. Good thing to eat that Dan the Man Noble pumping up that pledge. You can never forget Dan Man. He's out there, he's he's uh, he's a fucking trooper. He sends me messages on Instagram which cracked me up.
Speaker 4: Ah, bran Erickson jumping up to the moat tier quite recently. We thank you very much for that, my friend, a new world cricket.
Speaker 5: What do you know?
Speaker 4: New World order cricket pledging to the coach heres. How about Luke from Manchester who heard us talking about blobby because there was concerned about a blobby push?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah remember that it was a while ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hi, chaps, just thought i'd share on listening to Indiana Jones and the last Crusade episode.
Speaker 2: Of UTC, which is episode fifty six, so he's in the archives. That's a while ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have a wonderful time watching a clip of Pat wrote to take on the British legend that is mister Blobby. You even posed the question how many kids had nightmares of mister Blobby to answer a question. He was a British icon. He was a hero of mine as a small child, and I even had a Mister Blobby teddy growing up. I still have this original teddy today, thirty years later, and I have the fondest memories of him, including owning multiple Mister Blobby VHS tapes highlighting his numerous hilarious entics. I realized this is over two years after this episode dropped, but I couldn't resist in answering the call of the co chairs and sharing with you how loved he really was. Never in my wildest dreams that I think I would ever hear Lapstogan nervously utter the words mister Blobby.
Speaker 2: Push dude, what do you do? Blobby? What amazing brother?
Speaker 4: Your loyally p patron Luke from Manchester. Unbelievable. This blobby thing has a hold on these Brits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. I love it. Okay.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: This great member of the Solar system always changes its name, so I never really know what to call him. It's it's Cliff okay, one time, he's going by County Rhodes. He wrote, talk about Wrestle Mamia. I watched A Vivar's series ninety six on pay per view at my grandmother's house, and on the way home, I kept trying to justify how sid won the idol in My mom, who didn't give a fuck about wrestling, kept exclaiming, but he cheated, he cheated.
Speaker 2: That is the greatest thing. That's it. That's it. There. There there is such a you know, there's there's a I'm not gonna say for every mom, but but for for a good a good number of moms. There is this this this kind of a threshold that they that they cross and they they start you know, they they're they're there. They get sucked into the to the story and the character of it like it like a kid does, and they you know, they start reacting. You know, if you thought, if you think about these things like no, like none of the stuff really makes sense. You know, we've talked about it, the idea that well, someone throws you in the ropes, why do you go with it? Why do you why do you feel the need to run like you're not you know, I could if if someone threw me into the ropes and I and I wanted to stop on staff. Absolutely, you know, but you get you get sucked into it they I mean, i'd imagine also because the wrestlers do a very good job at making it seem like it's actually happening. Yeah, that's actually a great point, Like you're not going to catch the mom getting sucked in to a match between guys who suck like. That's a tribute to the guys that somebody who knows they're not into it and thinks it's bullshit ends up getting kind of mad when a guy cheats to win, right right, that means you're doing it well. Yep.
Speaker 4: Tony Van Silva talked about that, and I thought a really a refreshing way. He was like, you know, yes, yeah, everybody knows to put on, but it's not about that. It's about allowing the person's emotions next to you to bleed into you so you can have this experience. Yes, so you can, you can share in the emotion in the room, and no matter what caused it and the authenticity of what caused it, that is that's less important than the experience of sharing and everyone cheering or everyone booing for something that's intoxicating. Whether what you're cheering or booing is actual conflict or not is immaterial, which I thought was really interesting because his mind went there right away. He had no trouble answering the question why do these people come here if they didn't think it was real? Ryan Warner, thank you very much for the pledge. Welcome to the ept or Zachary Cole Yes, Felix n Yes, Sean Wright. Sid as champion could be comparable to a popular sitcom character who isn't as valuable unless part of an ensemble cast.
Speaker 2: I like that, that's true.
Speaker 4: M An example would be Joey from Friends, popular with fans, has noticeable catchphrase, notable catchphrase, and Garner's laughs from the audience. However, when presented as the a plot or given more sincere storylines, they are more of a miss. This is further accentuated with the spin off sitcom of Joey. It was a big flop because ultimately, despite his popularity, the character slash performer is limited. This is the case with Sid popular, great look, memorable catchphrase, but when the show is meant to revolve around him as limitations are further accentuated. This is often a struggle for monster and spectacle champions. Undertaker's reigns are hindered by the limitations of his character to appear vulnerable and to sell challengers as potential threats. SID never evolved his promos beyond the shout Leaden style of the eighties and early nineties, and exception would be the scripted Nietzsche promo. Yeah, that's the Nietzsche prom that's the empty arena.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 4: Before Royal Roman ninety seven, Brett, Sean and Austin provided a more dynamic, grounded promo style for the time, and Sid stood out for the wrong reasons. The ensemble cast mentality of the main event scene in ninety six to ninety seven hid some of Sid's limitations, but it became clear that once he was given the A plot, he was no longer the man. That's true, he couldn't be the man. It was just hilarious because his catch phrase was the man who's the man?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Paully cautiously writes kind of harvest a case of viennas from the grocery store. Later, one of the great things you said, Boss, throughout the course of the SID tribute was do you grow viennas grop and Paul also writes, Geez, I remember Sid doing promos over his theme sounding a lot cooler and more menacing than they actually were. Nostalgia, I guess with Sid Brett Taker and pilled up HBK slurring every word that wasn't We're wrestling Federation the main event promos in late ninety sixth early ninety seven word dire at times. Yeah, yeah, Always wild to see people revisit what they thought was great stuff and realized perhaps it wasn't all that great. Kaypo wants the uh the pumpkin seed recipe.
Speaker 2: I sent him.
Speaker 4: Oh this is way back, I think, I think I think I sent him to He also wants the audio file of John Spencer laughing send him that memory?
Speaker 2: Did I send him that? I don't know. Did you have it? I do have it to hear it. Who's John Spencer? As you're looking for it?
Speaker 7: Ha ha.
Speaker 2: Hit it again, ha ha ha.
Speaker 5: He sent my church a case of Vienna sausages and I sent him an autograph picture. You sent my church a case of Vienna sausages and I sent him an autograph picture.
Speaker 3: Doing live.
Speaker 2: It's twenty twenty five, John Happy New Year doing light love like fucking lie right, how about it? How about it? You bitch ass motherfuckers? You already know what it is? Yeah? Can I hear John Spencer again again?
Speaker 7: Ha ha ha?
Speaker 2: Normal guy? Who's John Spencer? Why did he come up under the cinemat when we did the Rock? When we did the Rock? So John Spencer, you know, he's a great, wonderful actor, that guy of that guy's okay? And he he did this interview ship. I forget if it was I forget if it was on There was one on CNN, but this might have been Fresh Air, I don't remember. And he just, you know, he was talking about he's a very genuine individual, he's a great person. He's talking about addiction. You know, he's struggled with addiction in his whole life. And and then he just did this fucking weird ass. Lack was like, what is this? I love those so much? Oh God, wow, that was a riot there.
Speaker 4: I wasn't ready for that. Darren Hughes, thank you very much for the pledge. We appreciate the cake. Hy Daddy just writes on an episode it's sid one word. Viennasen brother Joe writes co chairs. Sid is the real life equivalent of Biff hand and from Back to the Future. Yes, a few examples, and I'm sure there are more. Once and for good this is the quote from SID. Take like a tree and get out of here, Biff. Yeah, work right, Midget also rights here in Wisconsin. At least in print, harvest is used versus hunt. So we're talking about Sid is a hunter. Oh yes, talking about harvest. Yet they use the word hunter not harvester. Okay, great clarification there, Jeremy, thanks very much for the for the sport. We appreciate the pledge on Patreon. Neil rights after this episode of Total NonStop SID.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: I think Diesel is still the worst funny, It's still the worst WWF champion, but Sydney has a claim as well. At least with Diesel, there was an attempt to put him in the middle of the action, but SID is a complete afterthought. I remember Jim Ross saying that at this time that instead of pushing one guy, they wanted a multipolar main event scene with Brett sean undertaker in SID exchanging the belt, and Sid feels like the distant number four on that list would you agree, bost Man, Uh, distint number four?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would say number four. I'm not a distant thought. I feel like him and Undertaker were pretty interchangeable in terms of the world title picture.
Speaker 2: At the time. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe maybe him and Brett were pretty was a pretty good program in late ninety six. Yes, yes, yeah, maybe Carlo right guarding it's not like it's it. I don't know why, but for me, it's requiring more thought, a deeper thought. Yeah, process, So it's like a Sid. Sid by beating Sean at Survivor's Series ninety six, launched the whole idea of the world title picture being up for grabs. It kind of revolved around him, right, he was a catalyst. I'm not saying he was the one that, you know, could have really supported the position. I think we made it very clear and established that he was never going to be a longer term champion. It really didn't have the tools to be. But it's kind of weird that this chaos was caused by the fact that they put the belt on Sid and then all of a sudden it was kind of like up for grabs. Who could be considered the top man in the company because of Stags your world champ. Everyone else has a claim to. But he's the champ, and he's the reason for it being that way at the top of the card and not just all revolving around Shawn Michaels. Carla writes regarding harvesting, the place described sounded like a game farm. Is Sid's hunting again. They keep wild animals inside high fenced land. These animals were grown and harvested like a farm, people paying money to costplay hunting. Harvesting is also used by some as a politically correct term to describe hunting unless violent or socially acceptable language. I use the word kill when I kill, not because I'm blood thirsty, because it's honest and accurate.
Speaker 2: That's right. Oh, we can vote for that, Brent Clark. Welcome to the Executive producer tier.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Jordan writes a new holiday tradition to the co chairman of the Only Podcast Best Enjoyed, Reclellly, Hope this finds you well. I'm writing to share some good news that will hopefully bring some joy to the Solar System's collective heart. Last Christmas, my brother, who is not a fan, was kind enough to gift me, a nearly thirty year old man, two tickets to the WW Holiday Tour in Baltimore. I've roped picked up with my parents into going with me again this year as a sort of new holiday tradition, at least for me. We're planning to dine at Sabatinos beforehand. That's the move right there.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's exactly what you do.
Speaker 4: Stroke of genius, as it seems the only appropriate choice other than maybe Jimmy Seafood. Anyway, just wanted to say that even in the grim darkness of the year twenty twenty four, we can start something new and hope for a brighter future. Mike writes Hbka's commentary on Sid's matches, it buried Alive. It's time in Main's thirteen. It took TLF to highlight how weird that is. He always takes focus away from Sid. Yep, yep, that was always the thing. Okay, I'm talking about taxidermy deer heads because Sid had one on his wall. Daniel wants us to know that he inherited two taxidermy deer heads through marriage, and these are the most creepy, ghoulish, harrowing, night Merrish items in my house extraordinarily uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: He writes, Yeah, I agree, and I don't think you need that.
Speaker 4: Says these two deerheads eyes follow me around our living room. The whole concept is alien and disturbing to me.
Speaker 2: Ooh, thought of Yeah, I don't find that okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely stops you in your tracks. Scott writes thought in the SID ninety six Survivors series entrance. It's funny that entrance, a stone cold killer, fist pumping fans who want him to kill. How simple it was, even with the fireworks. How that entrance sticks with me more than the Dog and Pony Show WrestleMania entrances. Maybe the man makes the entrance another the extra stuff. Maybe it used to be better, so true. I mean, think about the effort they put in these Mania entrances, and by the time night two is over, you maybe remember one of them?
Speaker 2: Maybe, I mean, yeah, and hardly. I mean, And you know what's funny is that they go above and beyond with costumes and and uh uh, you know, lighting and music and pyro and all that stuff. Nothing's better than Sean Michael's on the zip line, right, you know, remember that shit way more than I remember anything else.
Speaker 4: So true, you know, it's anything else. You can do it, but just do it for one person or two people so it's memorable.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm getting a little annoyed with like this, fuck it, WrestleMania becoming like prom for these geeks.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Oh, totally is. It's exactly what it is. It's prom.
Speaker 4: Just it shows them to be so needy for like dress up. You know, stop stop, like not everybody needs a fucking marching band, ridiculous. It's because they're fucking assholes. It's just because they're they expect something out of wrestling that wrestling does not give to you, no matter how much is spent on you and how you know, gussied up, you feel it's like, that's not wrestling. Wrestling is not something that's going to make you feel like a fucking mythical superhero.
Speaker 2: Well, wrestling is well more importantly, maybe it'll make you feel like it if you're in the ring, but it's not meant that for the fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. It's you not to come off that way. You're supposed to be there to do business. You're there to fucking kill somebody. And if you have to go through a twelve step choreographed fucking gimmick on the way to the ring, I just it takes it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You have to be a special kind of athlete. And there are some combat athletes who can do this, who can have that kind of showmanship and still convince the public that they're they're there to kick ass. In wrestling where it's fake, should be a higher premium on preserving that intensity, yep, because you can't. You can't like Prince and I see him come out and just do a fucking dance routine and then whip somebody's ass in the boxing ring and no one can question the dancing routine because you whipped ass, you know.
Speaker 2: But I don't know that's what it is. So what do you want?
Speaker 4: Jeff says The amount of time I spend thinking about a case of Vienna sausages in exchange for an autograph picture, That's all he writes.
Speaker 2: It's so true. I can't I walk around thinking about it all the time. Yeah, it's so weird because I don't want, you know, I give my auto autograph picture. I give myself an autograph picture. Let me tell you what I did. Was I sent? I sent Saint Mary's Cathedral. I said, I'm one hundred and fifty kens of Vienna Sausages. And I set myself an autograph picture. I sent myself an autograph picture. Is that what he said? I sent myself? Now I set myself auto rap picture? What brother? I didn't say anything? Why not?
Speaker 1: Why Fan Wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan.
Speaker 6: Just because we posted a new episode of The Lapsed Fan doesn't mean we are done with the campaign to take what is rightfully ours. If you haven't yet, vote for The Lapsed Fan to win the award for Wrestling Podcasts of the Year, click on the show's notes, follow the link and do the right thing.
Speaker 1: He's a Lapsed Fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Carno and JP.
Speaker 4: Sorrow Laps Fan. Marv writes Vienna Sausages with Filipino breakfast pretty good during a hangover. There you go, my god, A vote for consuming it is it elis rights. Having the SID tribute so close to the Terry Funk tribute is so serendipitous. Both sides of the coin of being a pro wrestler, one guy who gave everything he had to the business, one who took as much as he could from it while doing almost the absolute least he could. Both equally carny in their own way. Yeah, he gave everything. Terry Funk gave everything he had to the business, but he was very smart about not letting it take advantage of him. Sid was the SID took that to the extreme. But they were actually kind of kindred spirit in that way. They took off, you know, Sid and Funk no matter how big the opportunity, they were looking for a way out as soon as they got there. Louis writes, Hey, guys, I wouldn't say I had much of an opinion one way or the other on Sid. He's just kind of there. But for whatever reason, your Tribute to Sid episodes have brought about this warm nostalgia for Sid and the nineteen ninety seven WWA product in general. Despite not living through this period as a fan anyways, the series has been some of your best work. Finished strong, and we're watching some of the pay per views of that era and re listening to your nineteen ninety seven journey In between the SID Tribute casts My thoughts have gone on a wild tangent imagining what might have happened if Sid struck around a little longer into the Attitude era. Would love to get your thoughts on what you picture it being like if Sid was amongst that early ninety eight boom an Austin versus Sid program. Sid was the higher power, or fuck put him in the nation of domination. One fantasy that did occur was old school brown outfit mankind teaming with Sid, who would lean far more into his psycho gimmick. Somehow this would have been This would have to be money. Maybe Sid could switch to brown trunks too. Oh god, I suppose he could find those trunks from where he had a poopoo explosion at WrestleMania a few months promer. Anyway, all the butt stuff, et cetera, Louis, how about that boss Sid?
Speaker 2: Anyway, all the butt stuff that's the best.
Speaker 4: Gets it way out of the way. How about Sid in the Attitude era.
Speaker 2: I just don't think. I think I don't think he would have fit. Really, I just I think it was too I think it was too manic. I think it was too ball to the wall. I just don't think he would have fit into that. I think I think he's a good segue into it. I just don't think he would have. I mean, I I don't know how I feel about and like you know, and especially at that time, he he just was not a good promoes Like you know, you look at you look at some of the earlier stuff, and you know, like that ninety two run, he's he's not making silly shit at all, like he's making sense, and by ninety six he's he's it's, it's, it's he's fallen down the road. Yes, And uh, I don't know, I don't know, I don't I don't know if I just I don't I don't know if he would have really fit. I don't know if he would have been a good compliment to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you're right. There's a lot there's a lot more acting and being handed a script in the Attitude era than Sid would have been comfortable with.
Speaker 2: I think, I think, I mean, I also think too, I think you know, Sid in the Attitude era is what we saw in W CW. I don't think he would have you know, I think he would have been exposed more because everything was so uh, I mean, uh, it just it just felt so much more like just throwing shit against the wall and seeing what happens, see what sticks.
Speaker 4: And I honestly could see Russo looking at Sid in ninety eight WWF or ninety nine WWF and just like coming up with some really stupid, like goofy like comedy sne make like a priest or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you get a whole rapackaging, but he would lean into the kind of things that make Sid ludicrous to the point where I don't think he'd be a very effective, like world title challenging opponent in that structure. I think he would very easily, very quickly go from like what gold dust was in ninety five to what gold dust was in ninety eight, you know, just like totally totally turning up the aspects of the gimmick that are much better when subtly and minimally deployed and exposed, and just like cranking it up to where he'd probably he'd probably do some like incredibly cheesy thing where like he killed someone in cold blood or you know, or accidentally hit someone with a car because he's so crazy or something. Right, it'd just be I don't know, I think It would just call upon him to act too much, is what I'm trying to say. And we know from the sid journey that you cannot hand that manuscript, not that he doesn't want to do, you can't. He wouldn't be being capable of carrying those fifteen minute dogging segments that was required to be a top guy in that era. WWF Legion AOD, thank you very much for the pledge. We appreciate the sport. Andrew Trudeau, we see you, and thanks for bumping up what you send your co chairman's way. Jack recognizes the very dangerous question, so what.
Speaker 2: Is the kick? Carlo?
Speaker 4: I have to tell you, I don't remember what that was. I'm glad it's an important question, but I don't quite remember what I referred to always hate that in them feedback shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you can remind me. This one's from Josh Boss. Why don't you share what Josh has to say? Right Josh, Greetings from the Adirondacks. I'm hoping to get this in by the Fall mail Bag twenty twenty four, but if not, it's all good. Firstly, my dad is a huge lapsed fan wow, or at least lapsed by proxies. It's actually the second lapse thing he is. The first is a lapsed Catholic. His priest was Irish like my father. When they changed the priest with a Middle Eastern one who spoke very broken English that he could not understand. However, Dad played it like lapsed vince. I'm not being racist, truly, he isn't. It's the whole body and bread thing. He just couldn't believe saying magic words turns the water into the body of Jesus, to which I told him I'd rather not believe that every Sunday I'm eating over two thousand year old Jesus jerky. He laughed, and I knew at that point there were no sacred cows for him. He could handle that fucking cast. My dad isn't like a lot of the dads in the Lapse fan solar system. I've been a fan since I was like four years old. By the time Mains three came around, I knew it wasn't real. It was predetermined. Since then, he's followed me down the ringside rabbit hole in the in the ensuing so far forty years being an Andrea fan, I broke him in on an episode where laft Fins told Andre to do some top rope move and called Andrea the Giant, called him Andrea the Giant cunt. That one got me, Andrea the Giant Cunt. He's been a fan ever since. I've only gone to one wrestling event in my life. It was a Monday night raw in Lake Placid, New York. Lake Placid was home to the nineteen thirty two and nineteen eighty Winter Olympics, in fifteen minutes from my hometown of Saraenac. S Yeah, Saraenacy Lake Brother would this is the raw? Amed Johnson turned on the on the Taker and joined the nation. Oh you know who I was exciting? You know well, said Sarahnac Undertaking. Yeah, damn it. As soon as I came out of my mouth, I knew you were going to get it. Well, you know mentioned Undertaker right there for that. If he hadn't mentioned Undertaker, I probably wouldn't have got it, wouldn't have got him. It was exciting, even though the seats were way near the back. Still I got to witness Pillman, Austin Taker, gold Dust Heart Foundation all during the Attitude era. The youth group I was I was with said we had to go early, so I didn't get I didn't. I didn't get to see the dark match at the end one day. Like laps Jets Jesse, I went back. I'll go back until then. I have you two and the Solar System excellent.
Speaker 4: Love it, great stuff, love that inspired Missive There Kaypo's back and he's got an email entitled Sid to your co chairs. First of all, I want to commend you both for an amazing tribute Psycho Sid and his accomplishments as well as blunders and pro wrestling. I wanted to share my memories of Sid Udi. Hopefully the email isn't too long. It's not started watching wrestling full time in June of nineteen ninety eight, and it was strictly WCW because my mom wouldn't let me watch WWF because of boobs.
Speaker 2: But I knew.
Speaker 4: But I knew of wrestling from my older cousins and playing sn e s. They had WWF, Super WrestleMania, and I always played a Sid Justice. Did you ever play Sid Justice and Super WrestleMania?
Speaker 2: Boss? I don't. I didn't have I didn't have a Super Super Nintendo. Was he in Monday Night Raw or Royal Rumble. No, he was gone by Oh my god, that was my first time. I think the only one he was in was it was the Super WrestleMania for SUPERNW.
Speaker 4: Is gonna say it's it right? Was he in the the nes Wrestling Challenge for the Cage?
Speaker 2: No he was, Yeah, he was in Steel Cage Challenge A challenge, Okay, yes he was.
Speaker 4: When I got into wrestling, I rented every video that my local Blockbuster had and saw Sid in various tapes. He was in a couple of w W tapes they had, and of course Rumble ninety two and WrestleMania eight, and I acquired WrestleMania eleven nine, I think he says eleven eleven from another video store. So I saw Sid there too. Top that with buying a Wow magazine in early nineteen ninety nine and there was a full page picture of Sid from MECW. So Sid was always around, but I never saw him wrestle live until he came back to WCW in nineteen ninety nine. Now, and he came back, I thought it was kind of a goof. He was Randy Savage's lackey and probably the driver of the White Hummer. But his match against Sting at Roadewild nineteen ninety nine made me a believer.
Speaker 2: Wow, there you go.
Speaker 4: Sid thought that match was going to be a huge career changer for him, going over Sting clean and no one gave a fuck.
Speaker 2: Pekai Bomer gave a fuck.
Speaker 4: I still remember the finishing sequence, which has something about its place in my wrestling memory. Sting hits a super blacks on Sid and said just no. Selse gets back to his feet, puts himself in the corner. Sting hits two Stinger splashes, and when he goes for the third one, Sid catches him with a goozle and give him a choke slam and pins him clean.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Pos, that was on the Millennium Man tape. Yes, I remember Servanni just being in shock and as a Sting fan, I couldn't believe it. I mean that was Sting he beat decisively.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: I thought he ended up getting a raw deal, even though he held the w state be titled for a bit. Just seemed like he was there and never really showcase.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: A little bit of a nitro deal actues, which could also be as fault as you guys expertly uncovered his transgressions in the wrestling business throughout the years. Another thing I remembered, based off some of the stores you Guys Unearthed stories, rather you Guys unearthed, was that there was a forgettable backstage segment from WCW Fallbrowl nineteen ninety eight in which Scott Steiner is trying to get out of a match with his brother Rick by feigning an injury. He put a small band aid on the inside of his bicep and another small band aid on the outside of his bicep and said he couldn't wrestle Rick because he was hurt. JJ Dillon didn't buy it and made Scott wrestle his brother or be barred from WCW for life. When you Guys mentioned the squeegee confrontation Sid had with Mike Graham where he couldn't fight because of his injury and the band aid on his arm, I immediately thought of this segment, which was probably a rib on Sid. Yes, I think we even touched on that. Yeah, it was definitely. I think Mike Graham was an agent for ww at the times, so that makes sense. One more story, but this one was a little not safe for work. Okay, let's do it, brother.
Speaker 2: I had various tapes in.
Speaker 4: My library that were paused at a certain time when there was a bikini segment or something like that, I, as a horny adolescent, could master bait two. One of these tapes was WW hollywn Havoc nineteen ninety nine. At this event, Medusa walks out in a bikini to promote the WW Nitro cologne that Bobby Heenon describes as smelling like the men's room at.
Speaker 2: The Newark Airport. Well, hey, you know what happens.
Speaker 4: Imagine being the cologne licensee and watching the WW show to see her cologne advertise, and Bobby Heenon calls it that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine that would have been a little rough.
Speaker 4: I would wank to Medusa walking out when and when I was done, I'd rewind it to the beginning of the segment for the next time. But sometimes I rewind too much and get the segment right before, which was Sidy yelling let it bleed after getting oh god, busted open by Goldberg backstage. If the tape started there the next time, it was an instant boner killer.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd imagine that all the ways to remember that infamous Cid Goldberg Halloween havoc. That's how Kayper remembers it. Anyway, thank you guys for all you do. I'll have another emailk qued up based in the fiftieth Big State Time fiftieth State Big Time Wrestling, But this one is all about the Master and the ruler of the world when we look forward to them. Such a great wrestling history and tradition in Hawaii. Undertold, undertold for sure. Yeah, so Clint points out a good one. We were wondering why Arne would settle his lawsuit against sid for the stabbing all those years later in nineteen ninety seven. Yeah, so, if you think about it, arn was just a few months away from announcing his retirement when the lawsuit was settled. I think he and his wife just had a second baby too. I remember him talking about the anxiety he was feeling about having to be retired with the two kids. He wasn't even forty yet. Maybe he saw his financial situation was changing and realized the lawsuit wasn't the best thing to spend his money on. It's a good guess, really good guess. If he'd say a word about it, we would know for sure. But he doesn't, so that's that. Josh Beckham, thank you very much for the pledge. We appreciate the support. Mark Beer, thank you very much. Steve writes, I wonder if what Vince loved most about the CID stabbing is that arn Anderson left Vince for Turner and his punishment was being stabbed. Also, Boss would love Fantagio. That was the wrestler who was the magician we talked briefly about during his WF tryout. His liquid flames set the gorilla position to blaze and almost burnt Bruce Pritchard to death in the process. Yes, I have heard Bruce tell that story on his podcast, which is fucking hilarious. So close did Tom sellek like a pervert on Friends? He thinks he did, Sean Wright Sid being Yeah, I don't remember Sid being a salesman as the real life equivalent of the coin toss scene from No Country for Old Men, Zach writes, twenty five minute, Mark Jack spoke words that were pulled from my deepest, deepest truth. I watch movies, TV shows, read books and magazines from the seventies through mid nineties because I wish I was my age during those times not a kid my age. I could drive those cars brand new. I could be in my current job at in a time with no fucking internet or cell phones. I could eat all the food without the constant kilt and doubt of how bad it all is.
Speaker 2: Subpoint.
Speaker 4: I know McDonald's is shitty food, but damn do I miss a time when you could go to McDonald's or gasp, take your child there and not seem like your low brow or being a negligent to your and their health. I could go to every Monday Night Ron nineteen ninety three. I would be at every classic pay per view. There are thousands of scenes and images from those movies and shows I just want to teleport into, most of which are mundane. Sure, there are lots of great things about now, but damn does it look like it used to be better?
Speaker 2: That is the point. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's not because I want to be young again, It's because I want to be an adult. Then looks like, Yes, it looks like a great fucking deal without all the bullshit on fire highlights. Thank you very much for your pledge, Brian Wright. Welcome into the inner circle. Yeah that's true. This is a great one.
Speaker 2: From Habib.
Speaker 4: Honestly, what's missing in the Muffler discussion on the Greed pay per view episode Muffler is when you stick toilet paper up your ass crack and go out for wrestle so that you don't leak ass sweat through your trunks like Dusty.
Speaker 2: I don't see what the problem is. Talk about how Dusty wrestled with no underwear on genes.
Speaker 4: Agreed, but how he points out. What's being missed in this discussion is the need to have wide adoption of bedets.
Speaker 2: Boss. What's your experience with bidets? If any o them? Oh saw stream up the ass, love it? If there's one hotel you're using it. I I listen, we have we we you know we got we got a tushy. You know what I didn't know? Oh my god. Yeah, it's like basically a you can you know, it's not like a full blown but you can just install it in your own toilet and it's absolutely remarkable. I can't listen, Honestly, I can't take a ship with that one.
Speaker 7: Now. Wow.
Speaker 2: I just I don't feel I don't feel clean. I do not feel clean. I was very wary of it when we got it. I was like, I don't know. I don't think I need I want something kind of spraying up my anus. But but it is a very se satisfying thing. I did not I did not know that was coming. I really I think you could tell like one story when you stayed in Belgium about how you used to use it. Now, No, I mean I'd never use one until we got until we got the one, uh in our in our bathroom, I'd never use one before.
Speaker 4: Amazing, So highest recommendation then, absolutely. Do you just should it right up your asshole? Or do you like go back and forth?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I do it back and forth. I do a little rocking thing like I'm just a commentary. He was rocking.
Speaker 4: I saw a few angles he was doing. It still does not amazing, but points out the Western world is no doubt superior to the Middle East with this one exception. Post defication, care is no laughing matter. One thing I noticed when I came back from a rock is how some people here smell like shit, sometimes not a euphemism, like actual shit. It occurred to me that there were legions of us walking around with dookie in our ass needlessly. It's a simple fix. Call me a Bidet evangelist.
Speaker 2: M it's a wonderful thing. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there cleaner asses in other parts of the world. That yeah, embrace that.
Speaker 2: Faine rights.
Speaker 4: I got a side with Sid against Arno. Sid has probably gone off those somas and had some of that stella the wife beater in him. Arn has always been one of those guys that's never the bride but always the bridesmaid, and Eric pulling some dumb shit to get sit out because they didn't want to pay him pretty much. Cements it that there was a lot more to the story. Yeah, yeah, that's true. They were trying to figure out contractual terms after this happened. They were not trying to fire Sid. I think that's what sure that we established and Fane comes down strong on one side, on popular side, but one side nonetheless. Rich Molton, thank you very much for your pledge. Quick to have you in the solar system. De Wu, thank you very much for the cake. We appreciate the support. Same to you, Shane Sinclair, let's see mister as thank you. I met Javed, Thank you very much, Bruno, thanks for the cake. Iron McReynolds. We love the support and thank you very much. William wonders, what if Vader just grabs Scorpio's hash brick and shoved it into his mouth? No questions, asked Scorpio, This hash tastes like fucking shit, where's the corn beef? Two cold? Just sits there mouth Agate. Vader choose and choose. That's how he ends up at his underwear in the lobby.
Speaker 2: I think that's totally fine. Yeah, I'm kind of with all that.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, okay, let's see, this is taking us back. I think to the inn where it all happened. Right, you have many things, he writes, interesting lapsed connection for Antonina Roca. He apparently introduced Lenny Montana to the mobsters that would get him involved in organized crime, as Rocca was a dining guest with various mafia members. The mob loved rubbing shoulders with Italian American athletes in New York, even if they were frauds. Yes, that was always something Bruno was very sensitive about, these dinners that he would that he would be able to go to after the matches. Absolute in the north end of the little mind. Yeah, I think we know what's going on there, we know absolutely. Yeah, So the stabbing in England the hotel that the stabbing happened in. Stephen writes, what's never discussed and considered? It was the early nineties. Has it ever been considered this was a family run establishment who had to suffer Carney's stabbing each other and wandering around and only underpants, screaming for food, possibly mere feet from their own private quarters. Yeah, I didn't really consider the regular guests during all this, Jason, Why doesn't anyone ever cover the second near murder that happened during that fateful night in England? After the Arnsid stabbing match ended and people were taken to the hospital to cold, Scorpio told Vader he could come up to my room to finish this hash if he wanted, since it was such a stressful night. Vader goes up and flies into a rage. Where's the hash? Scorpio's like, here hit this. Vader didn't want a joint. He wanted hash corn beef and.
Speaker 2: Hash smart, very exactly different kind of hash. That's what he wants.
Speaker 4: They had a knockdown, drag down brawl until other wrestlers could lure Vader away with a Mars Barken just like leading him by the note Jake Connark thank you very much for the pledge. Sam O'Connor, appreciate the big voter support there and climbing all up.
Speaker 7: That that.
Speaker 2: TLF Tree, Cody Hinkele, thanks very much for the pledge. We like you very much.
Speaker 4: Steven said, I believe Jack is right about Arn never discussing the stabbing publicly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of support in that one. So I'm glad I didn't miss anything, because I really would like to know one one emotion Arnt has thinking back on that day.
Speaker 2: But I know, could you just get one, Just give me one fucking reaction there absolutely nothing, no, no, no, I will not. I will not.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what we've we've heard all these years. Garrek Taylor, thanks for all the support.
Speaker 2: Sure what this is.
Speaker 4: Let's see, William Webb, I'm not a great boss. I mostly just want to do my job with mental interference to your jobs. I'm fine. Oh, I think he's talking about Okay, we talk about waffle House, as we always do. Waffle House always comes up, of course. William Wrights, gentlemen, I would like to share something. I work as an overnight department manager at a grocery store and we share a parking lot with waffle house. As far as waffle houses go, I guess it's very good. With plea, I guess it's very good. Police only showing up once or twice a night. We have vendors who come in during my shift and I have to check them in since the doors are locked. After closing, the vendors will tap on the glass with their keys to alert us. Thanks to that cast, which I listen to every night, I have this fever dream about wrestlers coming to the door and tapping, but with a fork instead of keys. Often it's John Tenta. However, after this it's definitely Vader, who has cleaned out the waffle house, but he isn't satisfied. Let men, I know you've got waffles in there. To me, I'm still hungry. I'll lead him frozen. I don't care give you waffles. He sees a pallette of eggoes and just charges at it. Yeah, splashes into it, smashing them, eating the box, smashing open cases about cases of breakfast goods, and stuffing his face with the frozen, crumbly tetritus.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, I'm not a great box. It's all real, it's all real. Oh, my god, I can see it. I can see it now.
Speaker 4: He paints such a vivid picture. Scott Arnold. Thanks for the support, Adam writes, I'm just going to share this. It's easy enough to find Sid's a bituary online, and being that the human condition is both hilarious and depressing, some of the comments are exactly what you'd expect talking about you know, how you can add comments and someone's obituary online. One thing that's stuck with me, and we'll probably do so over quite some time is the comment someone made explaining that Sid introduced him to sushi.
Speaker 2: Wow, with that, what you will? You know when I was in Japan you can hear it now. Oh boy, I used to love the sausages y heat.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the pledge, Miles, Thanks for the pledge, Ronnie, thanks for the pledged DP Thanks for the doubling of said pledge. Matt Anderson. Welcome to the EP here, Anthony Rossi, Welcome to the EP tier. Christopher Bizzolo, Welcome to the EP tier. Welcome Jesse Harrison, Welcome DJ Smitty, and welcome Michael Caaprio. These are all EP motherfuckers going all the way. Man Akaliko I hope I'm saying that right. Thank you very much for the support. Ken Riegel, thank you very much for the help. And uh, Stephen, Peterisee and Thane Warre who we've called out, thank you very much for the support. Brian Sweeney, thanks for pumping up. Jason Powell, We appreciate your support. Corey in Winnipeg answers our question, who's the first bad guy you cheered for? Remember we talked about that along the way first bad guy you cheered for? Conversation. He writes to be very different from me. I'm sure I must have at one pointment pulling for a heel earlier than this, but at nineteen eighty six was the year I remember mainly che to cheering for heels Orndorf, Savage and Jake on TV plus the Horsemen through magazines. Sid's ara and reactions were among the best in the business, even if his ring skills can't match up to them. Yeah, we were talking about how Sid got those huge reactions in eighty nine despite never being presented anything close to a babyface in NBA, and so yeah, I can see that there were definitely there was definitely an undercurrent during the Rock and wrestling era of cheering for the heels, no question, like if you Paul Ardroff would get huge reactions. People were so ready to cheer for him when they were allowed to in eighty six because even during his run with Hogan in some towns he would get huge reactions. And Randy Savage, he was just too fucking amazing in the ring, you know, yep, yeah, I hate a guy that double access to the floor like that for very long. Chris turg l Fierira, thank you very much for the pledge and welcome into our inner circle.
Speaker 2: Boss.
Speaker 4: Hear something Charles from Albany's Schenectady and he was at the ninety two rumble.
Speaker 2: He wants us to know.
Speaker 4: Which is fucking I can imagine having been there or what that was like. But here's the uh, here's the words.
Speaker 2: All right, dear co chairman, It's time. After all these years of lurking in the shadows of my guilt, never sending an email, never acknowledging me on a holy impact you've had in my life, I figured it's about time I broke the silence. I've been listening since day one on Wrestle Zone. Yes, that horrendous media player experience. We're just getting through. One episode felt like a sixty minute iron Man match with dial up internet, back when we had to fight for our hashtag shelf life content before it was cool. But here's the thing, despite your relentless and soul piercing demands for Patreon dollars, I mean, after all, you deserve it. I've never sent a dime, not one red scent. And do I feel bad? Of course not? Why, because, gentlemen, I'm a heel, a terrible person, really, the kind of person who consumed without giving. In each new watching my wallets like it's the last time Triple h held on to the title. I don't intend to give either. Not because you don't deserve it, you absolutely do, but because well, we can't all be heroes, and I'm like Brett, I don't want to be. Now, let's talk about the more intimate side of this relationship. It's hard to find words to describe the experience of having my rectum forcibly penetrated by each episode. Stretched doesn't quite cover it. It's more like a deep spiritual rearrangement, as if each well placed dig, each impersonation, each harrowing collection of the business shreds the very fabric of my soul like an unholy body slam to my coloness. That makes me ask myself, what am I doing with my life? Why do I keep coming back for more? Well you know the answer. It's because I need it? And why? Now you ask what could possibly prompt this email? After all these years of silence. I was re listening to your back last two thousand and four episode because yes, your podcast has hashtag shelf life, and it hit me this was the final push I needed. Yep? Was this the birth of the lapse editor? The moment when that character, the epitome of editorial disdain was conjured from the depths of your collective minds? If so, bravo. I'll pay for that kind of genius, but we've already established I'm not going to do that. Right, keep doing what you do. I'll keep not paying but needing every SICI anally wrecked listener. That's funny. I like that he was.
Speaker 4: It is grappling with quite a bit, there wasn't he. Indeed, you know what, Brian Blake wasn't grappling with what to do with the face of the Vienna stuff. We we failed to mention this, but he sent us a receipt delivered September twenty fifth to the receptionist or someone at the front desk of Saint Mary's Episcopal in Memphis, was a can of armor Vienna sausage smoked. Wow, he sent it, and I love it so much, so everyone in the Vienna spirit as we sate Sid.
Speaker 2: It's just tremendous. That's just fucking funniest shit ever.
Speaker 4: These little cans of meat. Yep, you know, to cause such a sensation. Ethan writes, Rip Sid and condolences to his son Frankfurt or Udy. I've already listened to bart one twice instant classic. You two never failed to deliver the Vienna's He says, Is it just me? Or did Sid's hair look like someone poured a cup of wet Ramen noodles on his head?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: For that reason, one hundred percent correct, and says I could never get behind him one hundred percent. See, I always thought Sid's hair was a plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's right in saying that it looks like Ramanus because that I like Ramen. Yeah, just another way of saying that, I suppose Jessev.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the pledge my friend Stuart William.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Andy.
Speaker 4: We appreciate your help. Mark Hutchinson, thanks for the support. Nick Osipoff, Washa Andrea, thank you very much for joining the executive producer tier on Patreon.
Speaker 2: Marty F.
Speaker 4: Shells, Rene Greater Carl from Saint Louis longtime supporter. It's great to see all these names putting their money where their mouth is. Dirger writes, interesting hearing the Squeezee story regarding Sid. I can relay the version that was told to me in ninety eight, ninety nine by someone that says they were there. I'm pretty sure they worked for WWF at the time, but it's fifty to fifty they got the story from someone else. No, that makes sense because don't forget Sid was in WWF when this happened, right, yeah, and Pillman was in ww and they were in the same hotel. Anyways, the version I have no mention of Mike, just Pillman. No Mike Graham, who tells the best version of the story that we shared in the episode, but his mention Mike, this story has just Pilman getting into it with Sid physically, with Pilman getting the better of it and said, says something like you wait right here. I'm going to get something on my truck to take care of you. And he leaves and everyone is thinking he's getting a knife or a hammer or a gun, so they're all kind of nervous. But he comes back with a squeegee and act like it's a handgun, pointing it at people. Yep, everyone bursts into laughter, and he just turns around and leaves and not close to the accounts in the episode, and probably further from the truth than anything, but I was fun It's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that idea.
Speaker 4: That the reason it was so ridiculous, and the reason said, we're trying to bring a squegee in. It's not because he thought a squegee would be menacing, but because he thought he could pass it off as a gun. Yes, right, And that's that's hilarious to picture Sid with a squege in his hand trying to convince people it's a gun. That's that's something said would definitely do. So, oh, he definitely would do that.
Speaker 2: Giro Vargas, thank you very much for the pledge. We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Miley Ripley, thanks for the support. This is a great point by ar Ronaldi. I will kill you, sid to one of his best friends downtown.
Speaker 2: Bruno, I don't kill you. We were just talking about this guy wants you to look at me right now. I will fucking kill you. You know why, don't kill you because you're my friend. In the middle of the night, I'm gonna kill you in the same hotel room. You don't even know you can You won't even you won't even know. You can't sleep, can you? Bruno? I can't sleep either. Bruno won't sleep. Bruno can't sleep?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: What can't sleep? Bruno? Bruno? You sleep? I know you're not. I know you can't sleep because I can't sleep. I won't sleep. I don't sleep. Now, worn't bit of the pool. Now, what are you gonna do about her? Bruno? When you got going on down there? You're gonna do about the fact that I can't sleep. What are you gonna do about the fact that I'm not sleeping, Well, you gonna do. But the fact that I'm just gonna se in my bad I'm gonna watch you sleep. When you sleep, you're gonna feel my eyes burn in the back of your skull, and then you're gonna wake up, and you're gonna find out that I drove a hole in the back of your head and letting you bleed out and kill you. Bruno, when you wake up in the morning, you're gonna be dead. It's not there is a promise to guarantee. And I'm just gonna see you're watching. I'm gonna kill you. I'm gonna kill you. I kill you, I kill you.
Speaker 4: Jeff has a great question. Can we get Vienna by Billy Joel and lap Sid's voice. That's when we haven't tried. I didn't even know Billy Joel had a song called Vienna.
Speaker 2: Now you do? And what do you do with that information? Is the question?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: That is that is always the thing. Although you won't be able to hear it though, but I and I'm sure I can read the lyrics. I don't know how it goes.
Speaker 5: So down.
Speaker 8: You're crazy child, You're so ambitious for a juvenile But then as you're so smart, tell me why you're still so afraid? Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool off before you burn it out. You got so much to do and only so many hours.
Speaker 2: In a day. Hey, but you know the woe that truth is told. You can get what you want or you can just get old. That's really good.
Speaker 8: You're gonna kick off before you even get halfway through when you realize.
Speaker 2: Waits for you. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: I like the using vienna like it's plural, like I have a vienna and I have vienna.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, right, if you have multiple vienna heard of this. Further to the squeegee story, Stephen writes, my favorite story around the squegee incident is a few days later, Sting and Cactus Jack had a no DQ match in a house show, and they did a spot where Cactus pulled out a squeegee and Stings started begging off like Cactus was holding a knife. That's great funny.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that this is from Lee and Mona Rogers and it's entitled and I think this is going to really hold some potential. Uh Sydney and the grocery store take it away, boss.
Speaker 2: And it's just hello, guys. I just have one story on the Master and Rule of the world. I live in Memphis, Tennessee. I've lived here my entire life and never, not one single time, had I ever met Lord Humongous. I have zero reasons to be at a softball field, so that eliminated one path. I love wrestling, I love love pro wrestling, but I never went to many shows. I never went to Channel five on Saturday mornings. No mid South Colisseum shows, no raws, no house shows. I only went to one WCW Nitro in October nineteen ninety six, and Psycho sid was on his way to Survivor Series ninety six. Fast forward to May twenty twenty. Dark times, gentlemen, Dark dark times. We all remember that period. I've worked retail most jobs most of my life, and during that time I worked at the fresh Market grocery store on Union Ab in Memphis, only a ten minute drive and you're crossing into Arkansas. So on a pretty chaotic day early in the pandemic, I was working alone, unloading the truck and stalking show else, probably listening to Pain on the Pacific. My closest friend, who worked there and bakery, knew I was a lifelong wrestling fan. She wasn't, but would tell me a wrestler would come in there every now and again and people would point him out. I had a hunch it wasn't Jerry Lawler. Don't picture King shopping there. Hello, well, I thought it could be said vicious, and on this day she ran over to me to tell me he was there, and it was Sid beauty or Raymond beauty. He was tall, he was noticed with thinner, still had the curly hair, was wearing blue, was wearing khaki pants rather a sweatshirt, and more importantly for me, at least, he was wearing a mask. We were at a pretty scary time with COVID, and most folks wore the mask. He carried his basket around and I watched him go to the meat counter, deli and bakery. Then he was in my section, which was the grocery side. I was doing my thing, and he came over and asked if we had mint jelly. Oh my god, he did not say that mint you got? I ask you something very simple. You got mint jelly for lamb chops. I remember thinking vern didn't train, so all right, no shit, and guys, our shelves were basically empty. During this time, we had practically nothing. He then asked if we had hemp seeds. Another no. He really didn't look happy, and I thought about offering him the chance to power bomb me pillman style, but we were in a serious time. As he was checking out, I walked by just to show him an inventory, an order sheet that showed we put in orders for the hemp seed weeks prior and things just weren't coming. He mentioned he drove a good bit to get there, you know, for he's such a complainer. He complains on the WW tape having to show up. Yep, Oh my god, I don't want to show up here. He mentioned he drove a I said sorry. I gave him a ton of of friends and family coupons, and he seemed appreciative. I did tell him I was a lifelong fan of wrestling. He asked if I was a fan of his. Lol. He offered an autograph. You want autograph picture? I want to tell you what you want a picture? You gotta buy me one hundred and fifty cans. Cans by me, one hundred and fifty cans.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 2: I was thirty four years old, so autographs weren't a huge priority of my life, but I graciously accepted. He saw my friend looking on and asked for her name. I said Mona. He signed it and playfully gave her grief for not having the desserts. He wanted, and then Mona was like, yeah, I really appreciate you and shop Mona, I want you to look me right in the eye. I want you to understand something. I'm a master and the ruler of the world, and you get me what I fucking want. We're the only one going to be Moana and Mona is you want to power bombinging through the earth? Ah? She keeps telling U. Mona and I recently got married and I told her about Sid's passing. She keeps telling me she has both of those autographs somewhere, but I'm positive those are long gone. I only saw Sid once and it was for about five minutes, and he was but he was a very polite man. He left the good impression on me, and even more importantly, he left a really good impression on the woman who became my wife. Thank you, Jack and JP for everything you guys do for the solar system. You mean a lot to us. All very very good.
Speaker 4: It's great, and we also want to thank a host of other folks. Let's let's let's really uh, let's really address this situation here because we have.
Speaker 2: A lot of pledges.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: We want to thank uh Davis, Drip and Daniel Maler and well dead inside failure Davis d Yeah, that was the name we got with a hyphen. Thank Matt for bumping that pledge way way up, Matt Linde, I think it is. Thank you so much, Knowe. Thanks very much for that ep level tier pledge. Todd Harding and David Googly, Emmy, I mean to thank Chris Cummins, who's coming all over the place with his pledge. Davelly, Thank you very much. Anthony Pope, we appreciate it. Damien Thorn, we love the support. Brendan Sours and Chay and Grand McClure and Edward Zieman and Kim Gridwood. You need to thank Brent Erickson and Darry Darry us Ntegi.
Speaker 2: I believe it is okay, Anthony.
Speaker 4: Rossi and Jay Hamilton and Jason Woodrum Ray as a party, Jason Hervey, it's a party. Ray, It's a party. Brother Peter, thank you very much. Welcome to the v VI P tr uh Ilia Gardanis. Thank you very much for your support and for in fact upping that pledge substantially in our I guess you could say our time of need.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: It's a good one from William Boss. I don't know if anyone has presented this idea before, but what about a t L F kfabe cookbook? Recipes from that cast sends recipes for venus, this is recipes for ribs, Bulldog's, recipes for crack. If Bob's Bob's Burgers can put one out?
Speaker 2: Did they? Yeah? They didn't. They did, know that? Do you like they?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I mean it was you know, it's it's yeah, they did. They put out a recipe book for me. You know, you don't actually know what he puts in the burgers because they don't actually, you know, they just named them. And then but what they did put out a cookbook delicious. I actually they're good. I made some, Oh did you actually?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. I had a friend who had the cookbook, and I just took a bunch of photos of ones that that sounded good, and I made them. They're good, tasty.
Speaker 4: Hilliam salivating thinking about Vader's recipe for ripping the door off of Wendy's and splashing into the fry station. Sounds delicious. Okay, Now, so I'm just you know, to call that a recipe is pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Actually, see right, He's even freaking barged through the door, and people scatter. The first thing you want to do scattered, all right, first thing you gotta do is you get a hope. First. The first thing you gotta do is you get to find a double door. Wendy's that's the priority, all right. And then you push the doors through, and you he has he has techniques in the cookbook on how to push the doors exactly. And then everyone starts screaming and you and you have to come in saying, what are the food that makes that a recipe?
Speaker 3: What the food?
Speaker 2: Screaming? Everyone's you know, women are screaming, men are screaming, trying to get out of his way, and you just then you just you just thunder over to the fucking to the fucking register. You push the employee out of the way, and you go to the French fries and just you do you know, you do one of those like like you're sweeping your arms out. Okay, well, so yes, we should make one. Yeah, I guess. So that's the only thing I can think of as a proper response to that. Mmmm, that's the recipe of that.
Speaker 4: There's anybody out there who can help us put a book out I think we can talk.
Speaker 2: That'd be funny.