Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: We have Gary from Centennial Holding, so Gary, stick with us. We're going to go to Carlos Baron first, but then we'll make sure we get your call on because I know you've got some comments about our governor's candidate that we just had on. But what's us on our hotline is Carlos Baron. He's the newly minted House Minority Whip and representative out of House District forty eight. Carlos, How you doing this afternoon?
Speaker 3: How you doing, surif frames? Thank you for having me on again, my friend.
Speaker 2: It's a pleasure. You know, it's not often that we have someone who's part of the news break while we're on where we're at commercial who then also gets to come on and tell us exactly how this played out. I mean, you're relatively new down at the State House and kind of taking a big swing here to become the new Republican whip. What does that mean? For you.
Speaker 4: Well, first of.
Speaker 5: All, I'm one honors to gain the confidence of my caucus, my colleagues, uh, to be able to.
Speaker 4: Step into this role.
Speaker 3: Uh, this this whole session, I.
Speaker 5: Have been working hard to getting to know every single one on my my colleagues on both sides of the fial most of all in my Republican caucus. And and and I was able to gain their confidence to be able to be their next minority whip, a job that really that's what entails bringing people together, bringing the caucus together, and moving forward with winning votes.
Speaker 2: Well, do you get some kind of cool actual whip like you know Raiders of the Lost ARGs. I mean, you got to have something cool, right exactly?
Speaker 3: Well, I wouldn't I wouldn't say no if somebody wanted to give me.
Speaker 6: A whip, you know, I could use that on the floor.
Speaker 2: There you go, There you go. I make I make light of it, But it's a it's a very important role. And for the listeners, I mean, your job is to try to without any pun intended, whip up the votes you need to get people to support the agenda of the Republicans or and vice versa, to try to oppose certain measures from the Democrats. Is that correct?
Speaker 5: That is one hundred percent correct. So yeah, my job with entails is whipping up votes, bringing the caucus together to have these discussions on which bills that we're going to be supporting, why we're supporting them, which ones we should be opposing, why we oppose them, and then come up with the game plan to argue these bills at the well to to try to convince the other side you know this is not a good idea, you should.
Speaker 3: Vote for this. This is This is the.
Speaker 5: Job of the minority whip, and I'm totally.
Speaker 3: Prepared for it, and I know my caucus very well.
Speaker 5: The personalities, what the strengths all. We have many great legislators on the Republican side that have very good, strong strengths, and also knowing the districts of our representatives and the Republican caucuss, knowing that some districts are are pretty volatile, and and being able to give them that little, that little nudge to to hey, this is this, this is for you.
Speaker 3: This is the type of battle you need for your district.
Speaker 2: Right that makes a lot of sense. And just mechanically, since you guys are in recess, how is that vote taken? How I mean, I know you didn't have a you couldn't have a special session or anything to determine this. How was that vote taken? How did you guys kind of campaign for this? And you know, how did that? How did that transpire?
Speaker 5: Yeah, historically, this, this vote, the leadership vote, is not publicly publicly announced.
Speaker 3: It's not really like like we go out and we get campaign signs for it. It's it's all just a vote within our own caucus.
Speaker 5: So historically, also this vote is taking this right before session and and and most likely being done in person because we're all we're all in the in the vicinity and getting ready for session to come up.
Speaker 3: But you know, this representer of Armagas, who I also mentioned in my in my nomine nation speech.
Speaker 5: He did a great job in this position. He decided to step down to resign because he's making a move forward in his own personal life, which is very honorable and very accepted that he's got to move to Arizona for a new job.
Speaker 3: And so this is something that we don't really do.
Speaker 5: This time of year. But we did a zoom caucus meeting, a zoom vote. It was a voice vote, so every member. You know, our Caucustra went down to the roster of members and we all voted for.
Speaker 3: The phenominee publicly, and then that's how it went down.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, congratulations Carlos. I know this is going to put more work on your plate, but I know you're a hard worker and you're very relational, and just in the short time you've been down at the state Capitol, it's obvious that you've made some inroads down there. So good luck to you. And again, thanks for coming on the show and kind of breaking it down for us, and congratulations to this new honor that has been bestowing upon you.
Speaker 3: Thank you every of my Sheriffames. I hope to see you here soon. Body.
Speaker 2: You bet nice talking with you with that. We've got a collar on the line. Gary from Centennial, You've been waiting quite a while, and I want to get to you because you have some comments about Joshua Griffin, candidate for governor. Gary. Yeah, what do you got Gary?
Speaker 6: Hi there, Sarah Fremes. Yeah, I I as soon as you got Don Cock and I flipped over. I went on to get next account, you know, and he has a something that's posted on here about I had to test that far right politics as much as I do the far left. Okay, I will never pans her fall or bow to the so called magi cult. I'd like some definition on that, because you know, I'm not hardcore maggot, but I'm as conservative. But I would never.
Speaker 3: Bash Well.
Speaker 6: It's a huge tunk of this party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that. We had a text come in that kind of said the same thing. You know, you're probably hurting yourself if you're walking away from the Republican Party but running as a Republican. I don't know, it's a it's a different strategy, There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 6: Gary Well, I think troubling when he has idea for light rail, it looks like connecting Puebwell to Fort Collins.
Speaker 2: There's I don't know. I think the light rail thing is uh, it's a pie in the sky mess in my opinion. I don't think there's any there's there's just not a feasible pathway to make that even make sense in my mind.
Speaker 6: Me neither. Well, So, yeah, that's that's something what I found in here, and I just that was just a quick right off the bat.
Speaker 2: Gary. What I would I would suggest to you is, you know, hit him up on Twitter, hit him up on X whatever you call it nowadays, and ask him to explain it. Uh, you know, maybe maybe we're reading into this wrong. I don't know, but sometimes the best way to get a get an answer asked the question.
Speaker 6: And one of the there's a couple of people at ask them in the comments underneath that post. Do you never responded to either one of them?
Speaker 2: Well give them another one who knows. So from the people that we've had on, has anyone resonated with you at Gary where you say that's my candidate? Have you picked your candidate? Have you picked your horse yet? Are you still waiting?
Speaker 6: Still? Are still waiting on? You all running? And I'll go through and I'll uh, I'm pretty uh pretty diligent. Whatever I do this, I go through and me too, Me too, somebody.
Speaker 2: Is there a candidate out there that you think are a potential candidate out there that you'd love to see hop in the race that isn't announced yet? Is there someone out there that just you know that that would be your person?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: I actually really like Heidi, But yeah, I don't I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't want to speak for her.
Speaker 6: I don't think she'll be on here Wednesday.
Speaker 2: You can call in and ask her then, So that's that's a your answer. I mean, you know, let's just be candid. Going up against the Polist machine is tough. It's tough for any candidate, and she she went in during a really tough time. I mean, and I think I think Heidi worked.
Speaker 6: Ahead that people didn't see the debate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're one hundred percent right on that, and you know, I'm I'm a political nerd. It sounds like you might be as well. And I say that affectionately. I watched the debates and you're right, it wasn't even close. And if that were the Yeah, if that were the barometer by which people voted, we would have we would not have Governor Polus in office right now.
Speaker 4: That's that's for darns absolutely well.
Speaker 2: You know, like I said, she'll be on here Wednesday. You can call in and see if you can convince her. I'm still I would still like to see Dan Kaplis jump in the race, but that's uh, that's my personal racehorse at this point. I'm probably I'm probably not going to see that happen. But who knows. I mean, anybody can get motive at any time. I don't think Heidi was necessarily looking at her whole life and saying I'm going to run for governor. But you know, I think she gave it the College try. She just gave it the College tried a really tough political time. Well, thanks for calling in, Gary, appreciate that and have a good afternoon. We appreciate it, you bet. So that's Gary's take on on Joshua Griffin. What's say the rest of you? And in addition, you know, congratulations to Carlos Baron out there. We've had Ryan armagost On several times kind of in his in his escapades with the Second Amendment Caucus and fighting back and forth with r mg O, and you know, we we spoke about him a little bit last week when he was looking at at walking away and some people that want to fill his seat. But he's got some immediate duties that had to be filled and that's one of those is being the minority whip. So congratulations to Carlos Baron. Great guy. He lives in Fort Lopton. I've got a chance to know him since he's he's gotten elected to that seat and very I mean he's a very thoughtful guy. I don't think he's taking a vote on an issue that would cross with law enforcement that he hasn't called me and or texted me and gotten my opinion on on where I stand on particular issues. And that's that's about all you can ask for. And a representative who's fighting the minority down there. But again, I think he'll be a very relational person that can help move the needle down to the state Capitol. But if you've got to comments on any of that stuff, you can text in at five seven, seven, three nine, start your text with Dan, or call in like Gary did from Centennial three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I'll be nice to you. I'm not going to beat you up on the radio, but I love hearing what you have to say about the topics that we're discussing, whether it's Epstein, whether it's your Fourth of July traditions, or the governor's candidate we had on you know, we've had I think he was our ninth one today, we'll have our tenth on tomorrow. I've got messages out to the remainder of the four or five that are out there. We'll we'll see if any of them are daring enough to take a swing at the Dan Caplis Show. But with that, we'll cut the break. When we come back, we'll see if you guys are ready to engage a little more, and we'll chop it up here before we have George Brockler on at five point thirty six, so we'll go to break. You listen to the Dan Capleas Show here with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Riams as your guest host.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Governor's candidate that we had on a little earlier, Joshua Griffin. And I also got a text message that kind of speaks to the candidacy of Joshua Griffin, and the Texter actually sent it to my personal phone and said, well, you know, Trump lost Colorado, so maybe this guy's onto something. Maybe his his pathway to his candidacy makes more sense because Trump didn't do very well in Colorado and the Republicans haven't fared so well here, so maybe maybe this guy's got a better plan. I don't know. It's going to be interesting, It's it's going to be a cage fight. To watch how some of these candidates move forward, and you know how they kind of navigate the landscape, I mean bypassing all the normal events and you know, kind of engaging with non traditional voters hadn't been tried to my knowledge. So maybe that's maybe that's the winning combination. I guess we're going to find out soon enough. Also got a text that reminded me of a little scenario that played out over the weekend in a parade that I was in. One of my friends here says nice seeing you at the parade. Keep up the good radio, and he refers to me as his beer his beard broke, because we both have similarly styled beards. So with that, when I walked in the Stampede Parade this year, I mean, that's got to be I think the first one I ever walked in was probably two thousand and nine, twenty ten, and I've walked in I don't know how many parades in Weld County. I think we're the parade in this county and all of Colorado, we have like twenty eight or thirty two parades that happened during the summer season. Because there's so many little communities throughout World County, four thousand square miles. Everybody has their own celebration. But in all those years of taking part in a parade and walking with the Republican Party, or walking for my own candidacy and trying to get my name recognition out there for my own races, I've never seen anyone that was as fully triggered as an individual during the Stampede parade this weekend in Greeley. And I've had a lady stand in her front yard in Millican or the front yard of a schoolhouse in Milliican and double handed flip me off for the entire time that the float went by back in like I don't know, twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen. She was not a fan of my campaign or me personally. She never said a word. She just stood there and flipped me off and made sure that I knew that she was not a fan. But you know, I've had plenty of people, you know, support me and vote for me three times to get me into office. And you know, usually feedback is pretty good in the parades, But in this particular parade in Weld County, which is definitely conservative territory, there was a person that was walking with the Republican float, and he had on a shirt that said it's a big picture of Trump's face on the shirt, and on the shirt it says sexiest man Alive. And it's referring to Donald Trump, and it's you know, it's a controversial shirt, I guess for someone who's not necessarily a Republican fan. And this guy who's walking with the Republicans, he's just walking down the street, you know, he's got his MAGA hat on and supporting Republican politics again in Greeley, Weld County, Colorado. And this viewer of the parade from the sidelines, he just gets extremely upset and basically spends the rest of the parade from about the quarter mark in And the parade in greeley's pretty long if you've ever set through it. I mean, it's a long walk that you take down. I guess it's Tenth Street or tenth ab in Greeley. You walked from the university all the way down to the north end of town. But this guy walked along on the sidewalk on the parade route for the entire length of three quarters of the length of the parade, screaming at our individual that was wearing the Trump shirt. He was just triggered. He was screaming and yelling and arguing that Trump wasn't really the president, that forty nine percent wasn't the majority. I mean, just the most ridiculous things, all the way along the parade route, all while families are sitting there trying to enjoy the parade. So he's weaving in and out of these families while he's walking down the sidewalk, just screaming and yelling back and forth at our group as we walked in the parade. And I was far enough back that I could see it happening, but I couldn't really hear exactly what was being said. There was some video that was posted later on Facebook, and it was just I don't understand people. You know, the triggering effect that the political process is having on folks. It's a little unhinged at this point, I guess, And yeah, people just have to be adults. But in the I don't know, the fifteen plush years that I've been walking in parades, And granted I supported Ken Buck when he was running for US Senate, that wasn't necessarily a popular stance back then. It sure wouldn't be a popular stance now with some of the stuff that he went through towards the end of the he I guess brought on himself at the end of his tenure in Congress, but even supporting ken Buck in those Senate races and then in his house races. I never had anybody scream at me like what we saw at the parade in Greeley. Again, just unhinged lunacy. And I don't know ruin the parade for well, I shouldn't say ruined. The parade probably caused some questions of kids, you know, to ask their parents, what's wrong with that guy? And he seemed he looked totally normal. It wasn't like he was a you know, a deranged homeless person that had had fixated on the guy on our person in the Trump shirt. He was obviously a demic that was not happy, and he was going to make that very well known, and he did so for quite some time throughout the PARADERA again, I have something I've never seen. I hope I never see it again, but just complete lunacy. Again, where does this stuff come from? But we have triggering on the other side too. You got the Epstein list, and you know, people a little upset with what's not coming out, and maybe that's what we're going to get from David here. Oh no, he's calling in from Fort Collins. He's got to comment about the parade. Let's go to David. David, what do you got for us?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for taking my call. Was listening to.
Speaker 6: Your story about the man in the parade wearing the shirt with a picture Trump. That's a sexiest man alive.
Speaker 4: That is a friend of mine from my church, and I got to tell you he wears that to the church every week.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, he's I won't say his name because I don't know if he wants it out there, but that is his attire. He wears that everywhere he.
Speaker 4: Goes, wears it proudly.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Well, hey, I'm sorry, but we don't have very much time. We're cutting too a hard break. But thanks for calling in. If you're listening to the Dankplass Show here on six point thirty k how with Welcunty Sheriff Steve Reims as your guest host.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: And with us on the line, is someone that many of you know from not only this radio show, but his own radio show a few years back. And he also has this little side gig that he does as a district attorney for the twenty third Judicial District. George Brouckler, How you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm living the dream one man. How are you doing? How is your fourth?
Speaker 2: It was great. We were talking about some of the traditions that you just have to check off to say that you had a good Fourth of July. And I think I checked off like ninety percent one of them this weekend.
Speaker 4: But still have all your fingers and toes and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's safety third. But we kept all the fingers and toes. How about you, do you have a good first?
Speaker 4: It was interesting man. My son, my youngest set of baseball tournament out in a place called Ogden, Utah. Not the mecca out there that you might think. So they didn't really have like in Ogden itself in the city, they didn't have a ton of fireworks. It was all out there in the hintry regions. They still had them.
Speaker 3: Remember, yes, you're at it, but.
Speaker 4: It just was different. And I didn't get a light anything or you know, run the risk of blowing off a kid's you know, fingers or toes or anything like you normally would. So it just felt different. It's different than the old days when we were in the cul to sack and you'd light something and run because.
Speaker 3: You never knew yaw quick diffuse.
Speaker 2: We had one of those experiences with a rocket with a little plastic fins on it where we lit it and it immediately went over our heads and backwards and right to the front door of my mom's house. Luckily no one will stand in there, but you know, had the little ground explosion and everybody survived. That was our That was our fun for the night. But George, you're not on to talk about fireworks. You're on to talk about a case that you just recently prosecuted in your judicial district with a i'll just call him a raging drunk and the success you had in that prosecution kind of a little outside the norm of what you normally see on one of these cases. Tell us what exactly happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a case that had some press at the time for that reason, but we finally got it sentenced on Thursday to a big sentence. And so to set the stage and you know this, Colorado has pretty weak laws when it comes to driving to riving drunk and killing people when driving drunk. Like right now, if someone goes out there, gets themselves liquored up north of a point two zero zero blood alcohol level and runs over a family of five, they would still be eligible under a vehicular homicide statutes to probation, right, I mean, they'd get it, but they'd be eligible mandatory stacking of charges to four to twelve year very very weak. So we had this case that took place, my gosh, just about a year ago in Douglas County, down off a Plumb Creek, where a lieutenant colonel, Superstar Air Force active duty cast pilot guy three deployments. I mean, this dude's a legit patriot, right, takes his family to the rest day of the Douglas County Fair. Yeah, zero euro takes his family to the Douglas County Fair. By the way, survives all the bad guys, everything that was thrown at him in war, survived all that. He's at the gas station at the seven eleven. They're off of Plum Creek filling up when along comes Paul Stevenson and Paul Wayne Stevenson had had a couple prior to Uys before got himself liquored up because his wife had left him. He was feeling down and blue, and he drank all the alcohol in his house, including a pint of fireball whiskey in a couple and then he pours himself into his raised truck, takes off down westbound Plumb Creek, and then, for reasons that I attribute to him intentionally wanting to harm himself and not caring about anybody else, he drives over about four lanes of traffic, hops a curb into if you can picture, a gas station, and Karine's head first towards the gas pumps, hits this car with four kids in it. The car hits the hero the dad so hard it takes his foot off above the ankle and sends him flying about fifteen feet closed head injury. And even though he fights like a champ, he dies in front of his kids. Basically, his kids are like, that's daddy. Is my daddy? Is my daddy going to be okay? So when it came to charging this thing, it didn't make sense to put this kuy in a position where he was going to get prot potentially so we decided to go appropriately aggressive and we charged him with first degree murder on an extreme indifference to the value of human life theory. To court convinced the jury, they found him guilty, and then last Thursday, right before Independence Day, the judge imposed life without parole plus ninety two consecutive years of the Department of Corrections.
Speaker 2: So that is fantastic.
Speaker 4: That's it for this guy. He will leave prison feet first, and that's exactly how it should be.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to applaud you for that, because, as you well know, that's not the typical route that prosecutors might look at. And no knock on some of your colleagues, but that's a very non traditional route for prosecuting that type of case. But a very good outcome and one that is deserve it of that type of crime.
Speaker 4: I agree. I wish I could tell you that this was a tool that was available in every one of these But it's as suppose we had going for us, or a combination of his history, his driving, his conduct, and complete lack of remorse all the way through sentencing. The judge says at the time of sentencing, you know, mister Stevenson, throughout the entire trial, everything has been about you. I remember you testifying and saying nobody cares about me, and even now here at sentencing, you barely say anything about the victims. In the PSI, the pre sentenced Investigation Report. When asked to comment on the victims, his written statement was, yeah, I guess for victims.
Speaker 3: Like anything you wanted to Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: So all of these things added up to create an environment where he was not going to be given a lot of mercy, and deservedly so. But you know other jurisdictions, could they do this in some of those cases? Yes? I think so. But it's not riskless, right right, riskless of a jury and have them go well, it doesn't feel like murder. I don't care how you define it. It doesn't feel like murder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's not like they can drop down, and they can't drop down and say we're going to give him something less. I mean, it's all or nothing, right, Well, so.
Speaker 4: The great question. So in this particular case, the charges had originally included vehicular homicide and then some child to be stuff, but the defense journey had said, look, I'm coming to court and I'm gonna plead guilty to those things. And I originally we had objected and said, well, there's no chance that you should. You know, you can't plead guilty to just the charges you like and go on the others. And not only did the judge and there was a statute that leaves some wiggle room here say look, she was inclined to do it, she also left open the possibility and this freaked me out that she might let him actually have his client testify in front of the jury that he pled guilty to those lesser charges, thus setting up setting up the argument, you see, which is I've already taken responsibility for my conduct. Please don't hit me with the murder. Those big bad prosecutors. So we dumped all those lesser charges, Okay, I mean that's the gutsy move on the murder. And then the defense journey shows up at the close of evidence and says, well, I want to offer a lesser, non includive, criminally negligent homicide. So they did have a lesser charge, but the chasm.
Speaker 3: Between them was so great that I just think that.
Speaker 4: Jury's like one. We don't like you. Two were horrified by your conduct and your attitude. We're going to get you with the murder, and so this guy is going to be in prison forever, no doubt there'll be some post conviction of pellet stuff. But this dude is tuned up good well, so.
Speaker 2: You know, not to be lost with the listeners. But you know that takes some stones, George. I mean, and I say that because it would be very easy just to go for the you know, the the easy charge. I mean, what you did, it definitely was. It's not without risk, as you said, but it's it's in the interest of the family. Was the family supportive of that decision the whole way through, Steve.
Speaker 4: I've never seen anything like the support this thing had. So if you can picture throughout the trial, not only is the wife there.
Speaker 3: Who's now has to muggy right right.
Speaker 4: For relatively young kids forever by herself without the dad, but she's there, the Air Force sent office I'm talking for the great officers, Majors and lieutenant colonels to sit in the court room every day trial and the traffic unit from the Castle Rock PD who worked this case. Okay, we're so moved by this. After they got done.
Speaker 3: Testifying, they would sit down in the courtroom and.
Speaker 4: Come back every day. I've never seen anything like it. That's how invested they were in this case, and I got to believe it paid off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more. Well, you know, it sucks that you have to go through the process like that in the state of Colorado because our legal system is so watered down. But I'm glad you're willing to take those risks and do it on the cases that are most appropriate. George, thanks for coming on giving us that rundown. Thanks for the story, and keep hitting those home runs. Man, you're you're knocking out of the park. It's almost like you're back in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 4: Listen, this is a great job. And for the listeners. By the way, we are still trying to craft some sort of a Sheriff and da meet up right here on eron absolutely losing it for the future.
Speaker 2: We're going to get it done. At some point. It's going to happen, and then they're going to close the radio station down. All right, Thanks George, thanks for being on with us. We'll cut the break and pay a few bills as we come back. We'll clear up a few phone calls and read some text messages.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dan Caplas Show on six point thirty k How with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Raams.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yea as the guest host today. You know, we've had quite a wide range of topics here today, a little bit of everything from Fourth of July to people losing their mind over parades to George Brockler in that last segment. You know, that guy just continues to lean into the job that he's doing down there in the twenty third Judicial District. I love the wins that he's getting. I love the fact that he's so passionate about what he does. And there's quite a few of those those types of district attorneys out there. I happen to have a really good one up in up in Weld County in the nineteenth Judicial District, Michael Rourke. He's just not as much for radio interviews as George is, but Michael hits home runs too. So it's good having some of those guys who still believe in the rule a law and still enforce the law. But in this last little bit of time we got here, if you want to call in, you said, there's still an opportunity three oh three seven one, three eight two five five, and you can definitely still text in. He can start your text with Dan and text into five seven seven three nine. We've got a couple here that I want to read. One of them's kind of funny. It says, Hello, sheriff, reams, I'll give you two thumbs up and a ten star review. He's an El Paso County resident. Said it hasn't been able to vote for me. However, if I ran for governor or senator or something else, he'd be he'd be engaged to do so, or she maybe. Oh no, this is a he. It's Mark says, God bless you and all the women of the well Anty Sheriff's office. I appreciate that, Mark. I don't have any intentions to run for any statewide office or any local office quite at this point, but who knows. Things can always change. And then from Mark, you're.
Speaker 1: Going to be out of a job soon.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, yeah, I am going to be out.
Speaker 4: Of a job. Never say never.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying never. I'm just saying it's highly unlikely. And I think the worst reason for someone to run for political office is just because they need a job. They got to be inspired to do so, and I'm not that inspired to run for a statewide office. So who knows. And we have a text here from our loyal listener, Alexa, and this is more of a public service announcement, but I have a story to go along with it, says. Colorado's eleventh annual Law Enforcement Day is Sunday, July twentieth in the Civic Center in Denver from I think, I think that's Civic Center Park in Denver from three pm to six pm. You can get more information about it at pro Police Rally dot com. And back in twenty twenty, during the Summer of Love, I attended that pro Police rally and several others that had occurred around the state. As you guys probably remember, that was a time where law enforcement was under attack, and so I felt it was good to go out and support the police and other jurisdictions other than just my own. And I made the decision to go down to the Civic Center Park. And you know, that was during the height of co with lockdowns and Antifa takeovers in downtown Denver and homeless people joining in with Antifa. So we set up for the rally. I went down there with a bunch of thin blue line flags and handed them out to the people that were showing up, and just as the event started, man, we were inundated with I don't know a better way to say it than folks with Antifa and Antifa monikers. And they were carrying skateboards and pots and pans and canned food and they weren't there to cook us anything or have a little skate party. They were using all those things as weapons. And the Antifa folks quickly surrounded those of us that were there for the pro police rally, while many members of the Denver SWAT Team and I don't know, like a Denver Special Response team stood by and didn't necessarily intervene. And I don't blame them, I know they had been given orders to stand down. But it got pretty heated. I think Ron mcglachlin, who's one of the organizers, got assaulted by a guy with a skateboard. Took some stitches to the head. A few other people got a little beat up, and I had to actually grab Michelle Malkin back from the crowd she was there as a guest speaker, and keep her from being assaulted and we packed her into a car along with a few others and they evacuated the area, and then most of us made our way out, and finally the Denver Denver Swat Team or the group that was there, they kind of went against orders and decided we're going to bring order back to this situation and formed a line between the Antifa protesters if you will, or antagonists and our own group and allowed everybody to get out of the venue as safely as possible. But it was ugly. I mean, it was a bad situation, not one that I hope has ever repeated, and hopefully not anything even close to what we'll see on July twentieth. All that being said, I'm going to be in Texas visiting my dad, who's a listener Dave Dreams down in Amarillo. So I won't make this particular rally, but you know, maybe one's surrounding it. And we have Kevin from Boulder calling in. He wants to comment on I think something about the parades. Kevin, are you with us?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Greeley, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: What do you got the old.
Speaker 6: Andy Griffiths show where the music group the.
Speaker 2: Darlings, Yeah, I watch it every night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the girl in that in that family is from Greeley.
Speaker 2: Oh, no kidding. I had no idea, and I've I've lived in Greeley for the Greeley area for a long time. I didn't realize that's where she had come from. Do you remember her name?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't think of her name even on the show. But uh, yeah, she's a heck of a singer. And you know, yeah, all the Hillbillies come down and and uh she's their lead singer. Well, Kevin, thanks for that information. How was your fourth of July.
Speaker 3: Boring?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you live in Boulder, so you can't do anything over there, right.
Speaker 6: Well, I got ten cats, so oh you had.
Speaker 2: That all right? Fair enough? Well, Kevin, thanks for calling in and appreciate that information. I'm gonna look up her name just so I have it for future reference and I'll do a little digging as to her connections to this to the town of Grilly. Thanks for calling in, Kevin. Another text here, we got one from Alexa again, says Sheriff Rimes and Brocoler guy is sketchy. I'm glad he's the DA in the twenty third Judicial District. Yeah, I mean I usually call him Jorgey, just because I don't want people to know we're actually friends. But yeah, that George guy. He is a sketchy character, but he's doing a great job. And she also says, just kidding.
Speaker 5: She likes, we got to get you two together.
Speaker 2: We go so we don't even sit together at events because it goes haywire. I mean, it's like if we were in class together, the teacher would separate us for sure. Either way, be back with you tomorrow. I want you to focus on something if you're planning on listening. What are the parts of the big beautiful Bill you love and what do you hate? We're gonna talk talk about that tomorrow here on the Dan Kapli Show six point thirty k How with Welcomey Sheriff Steve Raims as your guest host. Thanks again for listening.