Speaker 1: Report to Transporter Room three.
Speaker 2: Oh, Brian, here, I need you in Transporter Room three.
Speaker 1: This is the Captain. Meet me in Transporter Room three. Join us in Transporter Room three. Captain. We're heading for Transporter Room three. This is your favorite transport room, isn't it.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Transporter Room three with your hosts Phil Pirello and sok Laura Energize.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Transporter Room three. Mister Scott, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good. Did you see that thing that with Shatner? I think it was pretty recent on Facebook or on social media where people were using well people used a I to to create an image of his parents or to take it or to take an image of his parents and doctorate or something. And he was none too pleased about it, rightfully, So I don't blame him. But yeah, I just saw it scrawling through my old person Facebook feed. I saw it real quick. I didn't really delve into Facebook feed. I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to look it up. That's fucked up, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is a that's where it's all going, right, But that's kind of a weird one.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like have all the things to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so uh but yeah, that's that was the highlight of my week. How about you.
Speaker 2: The highlight of mine was watching the Center Seed documentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're really into that, right, I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm almost done. I've been watching in Spurts before Bed. I'm almost done with the final episode, which is a collection of various supporting actors throughout a show that have appeared in makeup and uh, I guess some of what they were allowed to take home or what they took home. Yeah, makeup wise, props wise, and some actors were told no, they can't take anything.
Speaker 1: Home, right, Yeah, don't you dare that what they left behind?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I assume what you did there? One actor, do you remember face of the Enemy, the Romulan who's.
Speaker 1: Helping Yeah, I could picture that that dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's played multiple Yes, he played what was it?
Speaker 1: He definitely played a Klingon also, I think at one point.
Speaker 2: And he played a Zindy and he played h that that Pursuits episode of d S nine season two, the reptilian looking guy that Obrian before Boss or.
Speaker 1: Something something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: That was that guy. Really, that was that guy. Yeah, Captive pursuit. Is that the name of the pursuits?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it? Okay, and he he took home his Zindi make up. Oh wow, the full facial appliance.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know how we got that, wow.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I highly recommend it.
Speaker 1: I tried to watch see if if that's the one I'm thinking of, maybe it's a different one I'm thinking of. There was one I tried to watch which was about the early days. The first episode was about early Trek, like the creation of Star Trek, and like I felt like it was like cutting too quickly, like the way it was edited like was making me nervous, and like I had to turn it off. I don't know, man, I need to go back to my old persons Facebook feed and just slowly scroll and look at cat videos. Is that does that sound like that? Would it have been the center seat or is that something else?
Speaker 2: I think that's something else?
Speaker 1: Okay, the center seat is it's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Talking heads with Gates McFadden narrating.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, okay, this was This was a while ago, so I can't even remember now. Gates McFadden's tied in with those. It's all made by the the Cell Company. Yeah, they did a great job. Yeah, okay, all right, I'll have to I'll have to take a look. Cool. But this week we are here to finish out our DS nine discussion on the first three episodes of season two, The The Homecoming, The Circle, and today The Siege The Siege. But first, do you want to just talk a little bit about the stuff that happened at New York Comic Con. It's a sort of annual pilgrimage that Star Trek Modern Star Trek goes to New York Comic Con. It seems like every year they do a panel, which I'm sure is in part because they're they're shooting up in Toronto most of these shows, and so it's a quick jaunt for them to come down. But it was it was mainly focused on Starfleet Academy, which now has a release date. It's January fifteenth, I think mid January.
Speaker 2: I thought it was the fifteenth of the sixteenth.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, something like that. And so they brought the whole cast on stage for that, and then they also showed some they showed a little they should have seen basically from Strangely World season four, which is already already shot and completed production. So what do you think of the of the And there was a new trailer for Starfleet Academy. What do you think of the footage that they released?
Speaker 2: I'm I wish I could get excited about it, but I hope to be proven wrong film.
Speaker 1: If wishes were horses were Let's see how many DS nine titles we can just work into the yeah? Uh yeah. So my take on it is, so we've talked about this before, I guess, but like, I mean, I think the trailer looks looks cool. But like what I'm having trouble getting my head around is how is this a weekly show?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Now? Like, how's this a weekly show without being Prodigy? Right? Because Prodigy already had the concept of young, you know, aspiring starf leaders on a ship on an adventure, right, And they did it in two different ways seas between seasons one and two. And by the way, if you guys have not listening, if you do not checked out Star Trek Prodigy because it's a kids show, you really should give me a chance. Get great, get through that first the first pilot, the pilot in the first couple episodes maybe and just dig in it just gets better and better. But anyway, but how is Starfleet Academy going to be about kids in school while also offering adventure of the week stuff? I mean, I don't know. Is that too? Is it stupid to ask that question?
Speaker 2: As you know, the school is a starship, right.
Speaker 1: Which I don't understand.
Speaker 2: So the school on more is itself from Earth to go do shit?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, don't you don't you already have smaller starships for that function. This is my this is my eternal problem with this show. It's January fifteenth. By the way, Scott, you were correct. Star Trek is not a passive hour of television. No good TV is passive, right. It's boldly going where no man is going. It is one of the best ideas in the history I have ideas, not just television. Put people on a ship and every week you get a new mission that they go to. Sometimes it's brought to them, right, yeah, but they're actively trying to fix or solve. Learning is largely a reactive, passive activity. It's not cinematic at all. Yeah, the shit outside of it can be. So when I hear the showrunner address the bug that they've made the feature of their show without really acknowledging it's a fucking bug that. Yeah, you know, learning isn't the most exciting thing. So our challenge to that note, basically I'm paraphrasing, is it's like being at a teaching hospital, right, m Yeah, it's like being at a teaching hospital where the patients come. The hospital doesn't lift off and go find people to apply medical care to. They have ambulances, they have helicopters, much like starfleet employees, shuttlecraft transporters and starships.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing is like, it's inherently dangerous work also to write, so like.
Speaker 2: Risk the entire school, the entire curriculum go into space, so that so that students can learn how to survive X y Z or deal with or process or something. Have you seen your show? Are you familiar with the concept of a holiday right? Or or the simulator from the twenty third centuries Wrath of Khan?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're in a future where I can iron man summon any gadget. But you're telling me that the only way for these kids to learn how to potentially deal with a warp core breach or a first contact the alien civility civilization is for you to launch half of San Francisco's Starfleet Academy complex into space. I can't. I just there is no I will believe that we will be capable of faster in light travel and warp speed, and the border gonna come for my ass in a couple one hundred years before I will ever believe that a society as smart as that that composes Starfleet would go. You want to fly a school an entire college campus?
Speaker 1: Okay, come on, okay and rant, Having having said all that, we will I.
Speaker 2: Love the show. I can't wait for it.
Speaker 1: Obviously, we will reserve judgment until we see it.
Speaker 2: See now Scott knows, don't get a middle hed man fired up about a show he's never seen before. Now I am that Reddit thread I stand to read.
Speaker 1: What do you think of the Strange the World's clip scene or whatever?
Speaker 2: I wish I had more context for it, but I'm glad them doing some cool shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Well they say something like, oh, you're finally, We're finally gonna You're finally I think they say to number one, like you're finally going to get a chance to go visit one of your strange new worlds or something like that, and I was like, it's like, oh, did they actual read my review of last season? You know, like, like, because that's been my complaint for a while now, is that we haven't been getting enough of that. So you know, it's like it's.
Speaker 2: Like Ian Malcolm in Drasca Park, you do plan to have some dinosaurs on the.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, Yeah, exactly, yeah, but yeah, like you said, not much context, but you know, it always looks good, like, yeah, the show always looks good. No, those clips are sometimes that stuff is designed to play in the room as much as it is anything else. Right, So you know, the people that at the Comic Con panel I'm sure went crazy for it.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure a big factor in preparing that clip is the v effects of it were stunning. It's very ooh and all like you want. Yeah, well people need to be who and I'm sure those effects had to be done sooner because I'm sure that was planned to be shown at.
Speaker 1: A con, right exactly. Yeah, So okay, that's it. I mean, I don't know, there's other little bit and pieces of collectible news and stuff. I can't keep track of the collectible stuff, Like we need to bring Ken over from Trek Corp. Soon to talk to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they look great.
Speaker 1: So which are the new ones? Because I wasn't That's why I can't keep track of They looked awesome, but I can't.
Speaker 2: We gotta it was previously announced, but I think now they're reveil for pre order. You can get Valerius. Okay, you can get Carol Marcus. You can get that green alien from the animated series. That would separate, right, Yeah, but the one for me is Shatner is Kirk from Generations with this little vests and you get a horse.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you get the Kitarian eggs.
Speaker 1: Yes, toast toast and that. But I also saw one that I didn't know about, which was just the picards little ships from for I think it's from the Enterprise D actually ships. Yeah, it looked like it's just the wall display with the ship. You should look look and see what it is. That's the thing. It seemed to me like it was that's the figure. Maybe like it's not. It's not. It doesn't come with a figure. It's just the ships.
Speaker 2: But I don't break in my brain right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, let me tell you at one point, you know, when I put this thing up on my wall, which nobody can see except you feel. But like I have that. I have my like giant like l cars, Master Control display whatever it's called, of the Enterprise up on my wall up here, which I spent way too much money on.
Speaker 2: And I backing if it brings your joy.
Speaker 1: Right, But at one point I was like, well, well, I'm gonna put on the wall next to it, and I started exploring the idea of trying to buy or make a wall of the little ships, like oh well, but like it turned out like you can't really buy them, and to make it would have been a freaking pride. I couldn't do it. My wife would have killed me. So I didn't do it. But like I would love to be able to buy a full sized version of that me too. Did you find it? By the way, which one the little ships from the south?
Speaker 2: I'm looking, Okay, I don't I don't shoot?
Speaker 1: All right, maybe I'm crazy?
Speaker 2: Are you hallocining? There's a there's wharf from generations?
Speaker 1: Uh walk the plank in his cellar?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The the Valaris I think you got to get just because it comes with the boot and it comes with the mashed potatoes.
Speaker 1: I mean it comes with the mashed potatoes after she phasured the pot. So it's just the mashed potatoes with the mixer in it, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it comes with the pot and the You also get Jordi in his sailor uniform. Carol Marcus comes with her jacket, and she comes with her viewing monitor from regular where she talks to check Off in Terrell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it has a picture of Terrell and check Off in the Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Great, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Touch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you have Janeway from a year of hell and you get her chair, which is fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: So let me let me this is happening live on the air. Let me send this to you. Phil, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: I just found it, Scott, did you see it there? Wave four?
Speaker 1: There it is? What then the Cell Team this is from Trek Corp. Where I'm looking at it in The Cell Team also showcase one of Captain Bokard's first first contact appropriate accessories, the wall of Golden Enterprise starships, which he destroys during his emotional conflict with Lily in the second half of the film. Yeah so, and then oh okay in the Wave four lineup that they I don't know if we knew this or not already, but I did not know this Cisco savag BEV Crusher from Herst's Sex Ghost episode data as a seller. I don't need these guys in their sailor uniforms, but whatever. David David Marcus, Jean Luke from First Contact, Captain John Harriman, Tom Parris as Coke, Captain Proton check Off from the Nuclear Vessels. Yeah, and so from the Mirror Universe, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, but I love that we're getting Picard First Contact in his without the vest on too. I'm guessing the vest will be an option.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I mean, and that's without the vest is when you then put him in front of the wall of his little ships, right, because that's but you know what they it should have a broken since they do all these accessories and stuff, it should have a broken little ship's option also right where he can be standing there holding the phaser rifle and the and the glass is broken and the little ships are hanging and stuff. Right, Yeah, Oh that.
Speaker 2: Would be really cool. You broke your little ships.
Speaker 1: All right. So we were gonna talk about near Comic Con for two minutes, and now.
Speaker 2: Now we've nerded out, let's move let's move on.
Speaker 1: Two. You want to talk about the siege now.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's let's do it. I this is one of my favorite episodes as a kid when d S nine came out. It's the it's a riveting cat and mouse game on the station with the Bajoran security forces hunting down our our heroes who are basically die harding on their own station. Yeah, while uh Kira dusts off both uh small fighter and her revolutionary skills with DACKX.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the pilot it made me think.
Speaker 1: Of v Yeah, I could see that. Yeah, it has it does have that feel. Yeah, and it's like it feels cheap enough, like the ship, like the ship that they find in the woods, uh that they're going to the cavern covered in spider Yeah, it's like it's like Universal Monster Movie spiderweb like this, you never for a second believe that those are real spider webs. And the ship does not look space worthy. When she closes the compartment on it, it was like, Jesus, you guys are going to get sucked out into the vacuum of space. This thing does not look like it can contain atmosphere. But like, I, you know, I had I enjoyed the episode. I've be't watched it in a while, but I have a couple of questions, Like, so the basically Franklin Jella's character is they've they've essentially they're taking over the government, right, is what's happening? Yeah, and he's kind of teaming up with Kai, with Vedic Wynn, who he's promising he'll make Kai when this all is said and done. But Cisco, and part of this is that they want everyone who's non Bijorn off DS nine because it's Bejor for Bijorin's that's what the Circles thing is, right, So what does Cisco? What is their plan exactly? And staying on board, they're just trying to get the word to them that the Kardassians are secretly providing the weapons to the Circle, I believe.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, that seems to be the vibe.
Speaker 1: It's a little weak. I feel like that plans a little weak because like, isn't there a little bit couldn't they issue a press release with the with the UH with the proof or something. Couldn't they like put it on like the Starflight News wire or like why why do they have to hide in the Bulkheads and play all these diehard games two to get this word out about Like it just seems to me like they could just go on TV and tell everyone about it.
Speaker 2: Like Scott, then we don't get fun stuff. Valid point? Are communications being jammed?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe that's what it is? Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Is that why Kira and Dax? I mean, considering we both just watched the episode, we should probably know this, but i' like it's throwaway dialogue. Kira and Dax are trying to get to the to Bajor to like drop that info firsthand. That yeah, okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 2: And they have to do it before they're shot down.
Speaker 1: Okay. By the way, kra Breaks are hip in.
Speaker 2: This one, right, I'm so worried.
Speaker 1: Stephen Weber shows up with I guess right before he became a sitcom star. Right, he's like the bizarre and asshole military officer.
Speaker 2: He's so good. I was like, the guy from Wings is playing a villain?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was surprising, right, but I was thinking, like, so that's the thing. I feel like this episode. I enjoyed it, but I didn't don't think I liked it quite as much as you did like I and this is maybe not fair, but like, wouldn't there be wouldn't like half the Bajorans who live on Deep Space nine, wouldn't they.
Speaker 2: I know where you're going with this.
Speaker 1: What wouldn't wouldn't they be on the side of Frank Langela, Like, wouldn't they be pro circle? I'm just thinking, like the day the time. If anything we've learned right in the past ten years, is that half the people or a third of the people, whatever the number is, not everyone has a monolithic view of how the government and politics and stuff should work. And you would think and Langella beat his character you know, uh, what's his name? Uh? His first name is s O. I think ministers minister. Oh, we're only on the third episode talking about this, this guy, the Minister h Jarro Minister jar is his name s O Jarrow or am I making that? Okay? You know, he's such a skilled politician and a mover. You would think he'd be really good at manipulating some of the Pusjurn population. So it's just when they when it's decided that like, oh we have everyone who's not a Bajoran has to evacuate the station and then when the military Stephen Weber and like his boss, the general, come on board, you would think there'd be Bajorans still on board who lived on d S nine, who would be like, hey, by the way, Captain Cisco or Commander Cisco and that and a bunch of his guys are all still on board, like right, you know, Like so that just seemed like and I understand they had to they had to wrap the storyline up in this episode, but I was kind of thinking like it might have maybe they could have accomplished that through the Stephen Weber character instead of just having this random military guy come on who's an asshole. Maybe it would have been one of one of those people on board. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they considered in terms of like the Bajoran population's reaction. I mean, they seem to quickly get off the station, right, yeah, but maybe if they even consider this in the story level, which I don't know, maybe it's a bason like you can't really show that many people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be yeah, and and then you know, it also could be like when you go back to the I think it was the season finale of season one O'Brien had that that assistant who was yeah, and she was on the other side, she was kind of what I'm talking about. So maybe they felt like they had already they had just done that, so you know in which case like point while taken, I guess. So anyway, but the episode is it's fun, right, like they do like it's it's Cisco and and but Sheer and O'Brien, uh, crawling around in the in the Jeffrey's tubes and stuff, and the Quark is forced to hang around and they do all these little traps and stuff like like like at one point they lore Stephen Weber and his guys into the Holow deck, right, yeah, it's great. It's like not really there holograms of Cisco in the Holland right, the hollow suite, which is.
Speaker 2: What you would use in that situation if you had that, you would use it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, uh, and you know, throwing smoke bombs around and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You know, and Brian loves his mrs as they're hiding.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, Brian who O'Brien who you know, spent way too much time on the front lines. I guess they're fighting the body cardis he loves his rations. Yeah, and and I also like that, Like I liked even though they don't really get much to do, the sort of no name starfleaders who hang who stick around and hang at hang around to support Cisco since the opening scene of the episode, the cold open and Cisco giving this speech to them, you don't the old you don't have to stay out. Nobody will judge you if you leave, which I feel like the subtext level that that is always everyone will judge you and call you a coward if you leave. But like all these people are standing around and they all I feel like the cat. A lot of times, Star Trek hasn't done a great job of casting these background extras. Sometimes they do a good job, sometimes not. But like these guys, they all, like some of them look pretty badass. A couple of them had cool Star Trek hairstyles. Yeah, I felt bam for the one guy who was like, you must have been about sixty two years old and he was only an ensign.
Speaker 2: Now, like, man, maybe he's just happy and where is that? Doesn't he got tapestry?
Speaker 1: Remind you know? Okay, I want to I want.
Speaker 2: An episode where those low level dudes are visited by like by like a Quan training, like you know, the DMV equivalent. Yeah, Hicham, I'm not gonna do all that flamboyant ship. That's a waste of life. Like, you gotta get your shit together, dude, or else you're gonna end up as a sixty two year old ensign on a station.
Speaker 1: Was even the thing that Cisco. Cisco's trying to cite examples of what, you know, the life these people have all built. And he's like the one the one star Fleet officers in gauge to a Bajoran now in the year since they took over. And then this guy, oh well yeah his kid did a science project with another with a Bajoran kid, And it's like, Cisco, that's not really the ties that bind Hey? Is that a deep Saxe nine episode title? The ties that.
Speaker 2: Is, look at you, Scott? Are you? Are you fretty and slipping for this whole thing? Maybe like what's going on?
Speaker 1: You know what, philm we should write our own Star Trek episode where like it's a poor Porson of a bitch. It's the opposite of Dharmack. Right, Eventually, all I can do is speak in Star Trek, right, Like but then you.
Speaker 2: Have the babbel you have babbled from from d S nine, but you only speak in Star Trek.
Speaker 4: Episode right, perfect, Uh, you're not in all the wrong places.
Speaker 1: Okay, So anyways, so how about some trivia. Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: The Siege was the most demanding episode of this season in terms of special effects. Really, yeah, producer Gary Cute Soil the effects guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a very big show.
Speaker 2: Gary says, it had an odo morph, it had miniature photography combined with live action, a big phaser battle and a flying dog fight to a lot of effects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: That dogfight was fun to put together though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I like Kira is like talking about how she keeps yelling, not yelling, but like kind of like taking tacks stacks to task for relying ois on computers and auto functions, and she's like, yo, we just got to fly by the seat of our pants. But I like the line she has where she's like, yeah, you know, the only problem is the guys who are chasing us in the air right now used to fly this type of a plane. Was They used to be resistant spiders, just like Kira, you know, which is I thought was kind of cool, you know, both sides in it a little bit.
Speaker 2: But speaking of the resistance fighter aspect of it. According to the Making of Star Trek Deep Space nine book, when they first received the script for the episode and read it, Terry Farrell contacted Nana, a visitor and said, my god, did you see what we have to do in the next episode? And she was impressed. Because we were shooting ten pages in two days on a ship called a Rider, which was a smaller version of a runabout. We knew we'd have a lot of added actions perform to try to learn our lines over external sound and all the other confusion in a small set would be.
Speaker 1: Hard, right, Yeah about that? Ten days? Wow, ten ten pages and two days. That's insane, right, insane to learn all that had to Like Dax in the nose in the Bajara nose, I thought was cool.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a nice touch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was a subtle touch. I'm sorry not to keep cutting you off. I think when we talked about this a couple episodes ago, I was misremembering. I remembered them flying the plane in the Vedic costumes for some reason. Oh really, And I was I was right that they put the vetic costumes in Yeah, but I don't know why I remember remembered it that way. But anyway, Mendel affected you were very polite. You very were You were very polite when you said, oh, yeah, really, I don't I don't think that's what they had on in the ships, but maybe I'm wrong. So thank you for being so polite even though you absolutely knew I was wrong.
Speaker 2: I take care of you, Scott. I also love since we're talking about the ships in the cave, the placu as. As Dak says, here's how that little guy came about. According to uh the effects guy, Joe Longo, the effects guy found that he was going to buy a garage sale and he got it for about two bucks. It wasn't Harry at the time. It was a plastic spider and mechanical, and it wasn't scary or ugly enough, just big. But it was exactly what I needed, so I got it from him. I took it out to the special effects shop and had them motor motor in, had them put a motor in it with a remote, and then I took it over to Michael Westmore and had him put all the hair on it. And its teeth. Okay, I don't recall we ever see the front of that thing.
Speaker 1: You see it back.
Speaker 2: They got away to it real quick. The funny thing was, is I remember that when we brought it up to mister Burman, he looked at it and he liked it. I showed him how it moved the remote, but it was really slow. He said he'd like to see it move much faster. So I sent it back out to the shop and had them put a heavier motor in it, and then I brought it back up for Rick to look at again. When I got there, I had the secretary open the door for me, and I had the spider run into the room on its own. They all did double takes and really liked it. You only see it real quickly in the show because if you spend any amount of time on it, you can tell exactly what it is. That was propmaster Joe Long.
Speaker 1: I think I had a sense of what it was, even with a little bit bit of time that we spent on it, right, And then they have a fun line find a fun exchange about oh did you keep keep these as pets? I guess, and Kira is like, no, we used to eat them eat it so crazy.
Speaker 2: But I dig this episode. Uh, Scott, you raised some good points about it.
Speaker 1: One other thing, not to be nippiggy, because I did enjoy it, but like, and this is I'm sure a function of budget, which often came up with Odo. But Odo could could single handedly have taken all those bajorns out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you could just turn into a bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Yeah, And you know, I think I think he gets a couple of effects. He turns into a trip line and he and he melt melts into the wa all at one point. But that's kind of it. They couldn't afford to do stuff like that with Oly, you know, So.
Speaker 2: Turn into that giant mister fantastic arm Yes up, yeah, roll them into the grates of the promenade. Done.
Speaker 1: Yes. I like the I I also like how it sort of ends with the Minister Jarrow, again being the consummate politician, saying, you know, I fully support an investigation into this. When the information is finally released that the Kato supporting supplying the weapons, I fully supported an investigation like he has none he has. That's what they have to do at that moment, and we never find out. I don't think what happens to him, like you never hear about him again after this, He probably you never see him again.
Speaker 2: I hope, I hope you got some come upp ins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would think, but then again, you look at how how ship works these days, and so yeah, I'm not so sure. So, but uh, I like that he didn't he didn't get killed. He didn't you know, it wasn't wasn't It didn't have to be some like you know, dramatic gunfight with him like that was not what his character ever was, you know. So so yeah, no, it's a good episode. I think for my money, it's maybe my least favorite of the three though, which is how I always remembered them. But what about you, do you have.
Speaker 2: A favorite or the middle chapter is my favorite?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, the Circle, Okay, I just love the I love the the breakout, the prison break in the first episode.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's great too, you know, and all I don't think like there's one particular like I don't think all three of them has a particular stand out like great, great, great episode. You know, I think they all work together as that trifecta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think I think you're right. That's that's fair. Yeah, so, uh, I love how.
Speaker 2: It kickstarted the trend of doing big three parters. Yeah yeah, like Enterprise the next one? Would it be until Enterprise?
Speaker 1: Okay? With the augments right where they started doing many mini runs in in that last season? I guess it was right? Yeah right? Speaking of Enterprise real quick, Like I mentioned this on the discord, but uh uh the shuttle Pod one or whatever the fuck? It's what is the what's the podcast that those guys do? Connor Treneer and uh the dcon Chamber, The dcon Chamber, they just did a an episode about shuttle Pod one. I guess that's the episode where they're they're stranded, right, and they brought Berman and uh, Bronn and Braga on to talk for like an hour about the episode and about and just about Enterprise in general. So it's a really interesting watch. I would I wish we could get Rick Berman on on.
Speaker 2: I've been working on it. I will work harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got so many interesting stories and an interesting perspective that isn't often shared. You know, it's easy to hate on Rick Berman. Uh, fandom does that a lot. But it's like this guy was he kept the ship going for so long, you know, you know, so Okay, Well, I don't know any final thoughts on this one.
Speaker 2: I just hope uh everyone likes it. I just want liked as much as we didn't. If you have any uh comments about it, please let us know what are your favorite moments from it? What worked for you, what didn't work better, what could have worked better? And also did anyone else catch that vitag Burrell's name is once again misspelled in.
Speaker 1: The Come on guys, get it together? Man? What the heck? And you know, yeah, he's that character was always weak, right because he did they bring him into this one, and he's seemingly gonna, you know, help them. I mean he does help them, but like he has, he leaves no impact imprint. He has no impact on things, right, He's a plot device, you know. But let's go to the Why don't we go to the red shirt to finish up the chat on this one?
Speaker 3: Attention all crew, please don your dress uniforms and prepare the photon torpedo coffins. It's time for the Red Shirt of the week.
Speaker 2: It's an extended red shirt. Mister Leigh Knollys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Richard bimer I wish.
Speaker 2: He died a more. I wish the character was serviced in a way where his death impacted more. Yeah, I wish the actor. I wish Irabear's concerns about the performance was alleviated. But it does work within the narrative, like, yeah, he has to go the way he goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they set it up like Cisco and him have a they have a chat earlier in the episode where he's like, you know, it would be the easy that would be the easy way for you to go is to just take take a to take a shot to the gun and go out. But what what what Beijo needs is for you to stand up and do the right thing, and which he and which he does, he does do And then they even when after he gets shot by Stephen Weber, actually, uh, they referenced it. They loop it back around and they referenced it, and he goes, oh, it turns out I got I got to take the easy wow out way out after all or whatever is something to that effect which works, you know. But but but I agree, I didn't. I didn't necessarily really feel for Lee Knallis in any real way. Like it wasn't It wasn't yeah, it wasn't like I'm trying to think of a supporting player who like the Bajorin, the young Bajoran who died on Next Generation, remember her when she went on that so covert mission, Like that was such a gut punch, right.
Speaker 2: Or really nailed you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Strike?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, or like.
Speaker 2: Strike it was lower decks sorry.
Speaker 1: Lower lower decks, that's right, yeah, Or you know Rachel Garrett or or uh the other Rachel Garrett's first officer, what's what's the character's name? Castillo and Yesterda's enterprise, Like you don't see him die, but you know he's going to die. You know, there's character, there's characters who come in for a very brief time and you feel the impact. And as much as I like Richard Bimer and I like Lee Knallis, I don't know that I necessarily miss him. At the end of the episode. It just kind of feels like almost like business that had to be kind of cleaned up to move on to the next next week's segment, you know, so, which is a shame. But that goes back to what Iris, Stephen Burr and some of the other writers said about how they never quite felt that that character worked the way they wanted it to too. Okay, well, I guess that's kind of it, Phil, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad you guys have joined us for this three parter. We'll be back with either a big review of a special episode or a commentary for one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and we got to get some interviews going over on the Patreon as well, So on that note, be sure to check us out over on Patreon, where we have over forty exclusive episodes at this point, interviews with the likes of William Shatner not choking to death on a piece of toast, Patrick Stewart, Michael Akuda, Ron Moore, Jonathan Frakes, Bronnon Braga. They're all on that mother fucking Patreon over there, so please check us out there. But as always, thank you for your support everywhere. Thank you for listening on this feed as well. Hit us up on social media transporting Room three at gmail dot com. All that jazz that'll do it for us.
Speaker 2: And thank you all for listening. Till next time, We'll see you on grvide Island