Speaker 1: The Dodgers are back home, and a lot of shuffling chairs here because of different reasons, but young Hunter Fiduccia is now on the Dodgers' active roster as the backup catcher to Will Smith with Austin Barnes injury, and Hunter joins us. Great to see you here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited to be here. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that smile is bigger than I ever saw a camel back ranch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited to be here. Come from Vegas. We're just playing in Vegas. So no, it's awesome to be here.
Speaker 1: When did you get the word that you were going to come to Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: Yesterday?
Speaker 3: Around noon, so yeah, I got all my stuff together, flew out around eight o'clock, and now I'm here.
Speaker 1: You've obviously been in the organization for a while. When the World Baseball Classic was going on, you caught a lot of spring games. Do you feel like the time is now? Your preparation has given you the opportunity.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it's definitely a comforting filling knowing most of these guys and spent last over this past spring there and getting to know everyone, and yeah, It's definitely a comforting feeling. I'm still got some work to do to you know, catch all the some new faces too, but no, we're moving in the right direction.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Max Munsey just joked when they let you know you had to come to LA they wanted him to go catch some bullpens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard a word on that. But that's that's funny. That's good, Yeah, Hunter.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers have called up a lot of the pictures that you have caught at Oklahoma City. Gavin Stone is on the mountain tonight. How impressed are you with the way their growth has come along so quickly?
Speaker 2: Right, No, it's it's very impressive.
Speaker 3: You know, I think he was two drafts after me, and you know he started off and I think hya when I was in double A, so you know, he came through, he progressed, you know, learned a new pitch and just kind of took off from that. So it's it's awesome to see him, you know, throwing well in the big leagues, you know, and everything.
Speaker 2: It's it's been called.
Speaker 1: What makes him so special because it seems like this spring training he came back a new guy. Did you see that as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know what he did during the offseason, but you know it seemed like his velo staying. He's way more confident on the mound. You know, he has his change up. I noticed his slider. They might have tweaked some few things with his slider. Slider looks a lot better this year. And you know he's moving the ball now all over the plate. He has the sinker now, so he has a few more options in a year or two ago.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he's doing well and proud of him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another one of your pitchers was called up a couple of days ago, Ben Caspiraus. What can you tell us about him? Because out here in LA we're not like these bloggers. We're not keeping tabs on every single pitch.
Speaker 3: Right, So I've I think I've caught two of his starts so far. Very impressive, has really good stuff. I would say is best is probably a spin.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He's able to spin the ball well, you know, relentless in the strike zone and he comes right after you with good stuff. So I'm excited to watch him pitch.
Speaker 2: Also, does all.
Speaker 1: This make it a little bit more comfortable for you because so many of the same guys that you were with in the minors are here already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent, and you know, seeing them grow it's been awesome, you know, and having a better feel if I do get in there and have to catch them, you know, I'm a little more comfortable. But yeah, it's definitely a comforting feeling. And you know, I've got to see all these guys in spring too, so just in general, like, I feel good. The short time I was up from Houston and San Diego, I got to catch a lot of bullpens and you know, meet new faces.
Speaker 2: So yeah, feel good.
Speaker 1: Hunter. When people ask me about you, Hunter Fiducca's our guest here before first Pitch. He is now active as Austin Barnes goes on the ie. When people ask me, what can you tell me about Hunter Fiducca, all I refer to is Clayton Krushaw a couple of years ago saying he liked throwing to you. That's got to be the greatest validation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's where it all started a couple of years ago. Getting that validation, that's awesome. You know, I've watched him since I was a kid, and you know, getting to catch them and work with them is.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. So yeah, that was kind of kickstart to the whole thing. Yeah yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like when I say that the conversation ends, they're like, Okay, he's legit.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: What did you learn that day catching him?
Speaker 3: You know, I mean, it's it's still the same game obviously. I mean, Hall of Fame pitcher on the Mountain. You're I mean, you want to do well, You're not. I'm trying not to be so nervous and worked up.
Speaker 2: In the moment. You know, kind of live in the moment.
Speaker 3: I think that would help me, you know when I do end up catching one game and you know, just live in the moment, take everything in and you know, trust my game and the process with everything, and should be fun.
Speaker 1: Hey, don't forget about Hunter Fiduca's bat. There's a bat there, left handed bat. People better not sleep on that Hunter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's been uh, yeah, it's been good. I'm working tweaking few things this year, you know, just trying to put the ball in play, help.
Speaker 2: The team win. But yeah, awesome.
Speaker 1: You're a humble but hungry young man, great to have you out here, and certainly the Dodgers have been watching you and you've earned this opportunity. So congratulations and we'll see you this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you so much. I appreciate it.