Speaker 1: You just fight with the next gen this morning. That's fun. Hey, Ross was reviewing the the baby registry. Is this a suit of armor on the baby Registry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a templar suit of armor.
Speaker 1: It's very okay, I'm sorry I misidentified it a Is it a suit of armor with a giant cross on the front of it?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, but it's not the baby size.
Speaker 2: It's very essential.
Speaker 1: Okay, where does the where I'm sorry, where does the baby go in this thing? Into?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, I hold I hold the baby behind the shield.
Speaker 1: I see. Okay, so you dual wield the baby or.
Speaker 2: No, No, you sort of like move your arm and you balance, put the baby there and you hold the sandwich it between your body and you hold your shield and the shield is in front of the baby. It's protection. And your swords in the other hand, I see.
Speaker 1: A sword or can it be like a hatchet or a bastard sword or.
Speaker 2: That doesn't matter?
Speaker 1: Okay, what power are you imbuing?
Speaker 2: I'm probably gonna go lightning lightning?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, yeah, all right. The world of Diablo, like poison is better because then you can kind of like melee or repel melee. Does that make sense everybody's kind of getting sick while you've already struck and you'll fighting other people or no. Okay, all right, A very interesting for those of you who, for whatever reason did not tune into the show yesterday. Ross big announcement. He's like, I'm gonna have another baby. So that's happening, and now the baby registry is just weird. So I thought it was gonna be lightsabers and stuff, but we're going like full templar armor. So for you know, whatever that's worth. Oh look Nextion is gonna let me all right, rock on, all right, good morning everybody. It is eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. I'm just gonna let you go. I don't know if I ate something or whatever's going on. There is a possibility you hear me literally run screaming at some point during this show. Okay, all right, so that's just you know, that's a thing that may actually happen. But in the interim, we're gonna go ahead and truck through this thing coming up on the show. And I didn't get to this yesterday. A decidedly different view. And some of this got like people really angry over the weekend at the watch of the NASCAR race, which I I'm sorry, I know a lot of you are much more dedicated on that stuff. Even though it was the Charlotte race. Didn't watch any of it. I know that between that and the Indy five hundred, people were like butt hurt because like Pete Haigsas showed up over to the Indie race and like was on the microphone for a few minutes, and apparently the Secretary of Defense going to a car race offended people, which I don't understand because I kind of thought that the sport, any sport having to do with race and cars, was a little bit partisan, just to you know, just a wee bit, as much as NASCAR tried to make it a non partisan thing and really get too big for their bridges in some people's opinion late nineties, early two thousands. But like the Indie race in the Indianapolis, which is a deep red state, didn't make sense to me. But over at the Coca Cola six hundred, which of course was in Charlotte, which is a Memorial Day thing, we had some issues. So we will have to talk a little bit about that, and Okay, there we go. Now I can fire my audio how hard was that just one of those mornings. Well, what they did is they previewed a new military ad and I don't know if you guys remember some of the stuff we were seeing, like Alla Biden administration and like the cartoonish nature of it. I can't remember the one we played, but like it had nothing to do with the military. It was like I'm here to serve, to impress my two moms or something. We played the audio of this. We are all gone from that. And I don't know if you saw, but they actually hit recruiting numbers for the first time in the first six months the Trump administration, but for the first time in like five years, and it's probably due to things like this.
Speaker 4: No more distraction, no more electric tank, no more gender confusion, no more climate change worship. We are laser focused on our mission of war fire.
Speaker 5: We will measure our success not only by the battles we win, but also by the wars we end, and perhaps most importantly, the wars we never get into. It's called peace through strength.
Speaker 4: You look into the eyes of these young Americans who are giving up the best years of their lives in a uniform to.
Speaker 1: Serve their nation.
Speaker 3: They are incredible.
Speaker 5: Through our power and might, we will leave the world to peace. Our friends will respect us, our enemies will fear us, and the all world will admire the unrivaled greatness of the United States Military. We will replenish the pride of our armed forces and the recruitment crisis.
Speaker 4: We don't fight because we hate what's in front of us. We fight because He love us behind us.
Speaker 5: God bless you, God bless our arm coorses, God bless our million women serving overseas, and God bless the United States of America.
Speaker 1: And for people who for whatever reason want to have TDS over everything, they're just you know, that's the kind of stuff. They're horrified. They're like, Oh, Trump's got his voice in there, Pete hegsas in there. And this is the ad they chose to run during the Coca Cola six hundred. If you're a seventeen year old who thinks they want to be a war fighter, that's an ad you respond to. And I'm going to couple that ad with a twenty million dollar expenditure I was going to get into yesterday ran out of time, and I feel like they're relevant to talk about together, So hang on for that eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seventy four. Hang on, I think the biggest problem here is that the alligators into soccer. Check your email. I'm sorry, I should have texted too. I sent it to your email. Yeah, so I've never played this course, by the way, Sea Trails Golf Resort, which is in Sunset Beach, is that nice. I have some friends who hang out down there, but I'm not familiar with the course. So anyway, apparently a bunch of busybodies called the police because there was an alligator cruise around one of the ponds, which is not unusual on the coast in North Carolina. But he might have eaten some soccer fans, which at the end of the day probably doing some people a favor. But then like police showed up to deal with him, and I guess I don't know what the issue is. Wait, the gator. Nobody has a problem with the gator being there, and he's got a toy, and yet there are animal control people. All right, hold on, let me let me just read this story because it's way too cute for actual reporting. Here we go, an alligator showed up to a tee time at a North Carolina golf course with a soccer ball stuck in its mouth. Okay, incident happens Sunday at Sunset Beach. Photos from the Sunset Beach Police Department show the alligator in a pond at Sea Trails golf Resort, which again is not unusual depending on which course you play. If you go to like North Topsil, the course that's right before you drive over the bridge on there, there's a gator that lives on what would it be whull number eleven is a par three over a pond and then you know next to the sound there. I can't remember his name, but there's like signage and stuff. I've seen him once. I've hit balls to where he is multiple times, which he probably has in his collection. But but you know, you throw a soccer ball in his mouth, everyone freaks out. And by the way, this is the tame gator story that we have in the stack today. We have one out of Florida that's far more insane. But then police show up, they're like, all right. Police departments said that before the intervention happened, an alligator rolled around in the water releasing the ball. Why are you calling police on a gator with a soccer ball if it had a football, would you be this concerned?
Speaker 2: Are they like concerned it's gonna be like stuck in his mouth and he can't open and close it Like it's like like I.
Speaker 1: Thought that, But then I thought, maybe they're just concerned that the gator will try to get people to watch soccer.
Speaker 2: I mean that is scary, dude, you can't have that.
Speaker 1: I mean it's you're scared of these that should be among your concerns. Let's see, please say the alligator swam away unharmed. We can't say the same for the soccer ball, which sustained fatal injuries. I don't know, it doesn't look like it like the thing's doing fine. And then in the story, this is literally what they have on the website here. Alligators are native to North Carolina can be found all along the coast, and North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission reminds people to be gator aware at all times. They were aware, and then they had a problem with the thing because it was into soccer. Like, I don't understand what's going here, But anyway, we'll send a link out because that's the kind of story you want to send people. But yet there's the police standing there with the giant net, which I don't even understand what's going to happen with that, and the gators just chilling with the soccer ball there. It's like when your dog brings you a ball. He just wants you to throw it. Man, It's all he wants. And he's so dumb that if you pretend to throw it, he'll get equal amounts of excitement. He'll go, look, you could do it like five times in a row. He'll think you threw it every time. Gator just wants to play man. Like I said, though, that is that is the Tame Gator story, because the other one, the hell the other one, that's the whole thing. And tired.
Speaker 6: Florida then Florida then do something in the water the arrow's hand that makes you do.
Speaker 1: All that crazy crap.
Speaker 6: It's like the state is want to be dumb ass trapped. Nowhere else has the Florida man. It is almost like as the Weird Factor climbs and go buy.
Speaker 2: In Florida every time, Florida, then Florida.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: If anyone can cheer me, you know, you.
Speaker 6: Can just mind life be crazy. But of course, but it's not it's that crad crazy as yours. Nowhere else are you gonna find him? They're so used to it they don't find him.
Speaker 2: Hooray for Florida man.
Speaker 1: By the way, the headline on this thing is something else. Are you ready? Meth praise Florida man? Is he beth crazed? You'd be the judge? All right, Meth clay. A meth craze Florida man bidden by alligator charges at cops with garden shears before being shot dead in wild series of events. Oh yeah, it's got Florida all over it. So uh, it's from the New York Post. A meth crazed Florida man survived getting bitten by an alligator. That's good, right now? How did he get bit by? Now alligator? Was he playing soccer with it? How did this go down? According to police, forty two year old Timothy Schultz decided, Hey, there is an alligator infested lake in Lakeland, Florida, just outside of Orlando, on your way to Tampa. I'm gonna go swimming in that which of you know, all the of all the swimming holes in all the state of Florida. Basically anything that's not coastal internal probably gatorfield, especially around Orlando, including Disney, right, we had a whole kid eating so pretty much, you know, not to swim in there. This guy gives zero, you know What's so that's what people see. They just see some random dude, he's in his forties, kind of out of his mind, swimming in the gator infested lake in Orlando Lakeland. Okay, so they called police and then they witness this dude literally get attacked by a gator. Champ chomps down on his arm. Police are on the way. Police show up. Guy has a gator attached to his arm. Now they're not there to like bust this dude. They're there to help this guy because he's got a gator attached to him, and you know they're Florida police. So what does he do, Well, he starts growling at people, including the Samaritans, who literally were like tossing him like a life ring. Yeah, like you know, a ring that you'd have in a pool area. Of course they got pools, grab one out of the lunai, trying to throw it to the dude. He starts growling at him. He's got a gator attached to his arm. Did you see this dude's mugshot because apparently he's had.
Speaker 2: Some run Yeah. No, I was gonna say, man, he's an.
Speaker 1: Arm Well hold on, hold on, hold on, this is my I want to ask you something before you comment if on my sixty second bird today. Okay, so a little ways from now, just turn forty five. You just turned forty five. We're getting old as help if at sixty two I look like this guy, I want you to pledge to start organizing my funeral. Will you do that for me?
Speaker 3: For you?
Speaker 2: For you, buddy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, will you commit? Okay?
Speaker 2: All right? Yeah, I mean you have a good point. I mean he lives. He's a very old looking forty two like he's had a rough life, and I guess he's probably had a fun life. No, but yeah, apparently in his own mind right to the end there. Yeah, you know the math in the in the lake with the gator in the shears and getting shot. What a life?
Speaker 1: What I mean? Do you want to go out like in your sleep? That's boring? Right? You want a story that people still talk about, like fifty you guys remember Timothy Oh yeah, yeah, you remember he was a guy with the gator attached to his army, charge police with garden shears and got shot. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Timothy, Oh I got was fun at parties, totally did all the math, all right. So, so as Ross is whenty nine, it's a hard forty two. He's seen some stuff and I don't think it was you know, the qui Gon Valley or any of that. It was probably just other meth heads in Orlando. So anyway, so when we last left our hero, he's in the lake. He's got a gator attached to his arm. He's growling at people like a bear or whatever that's supposed to be. And now police are on the scene and it's Florida, so you know, he's living up to the Florida man thing. As police showed up, the horror continues as Schultz suddenly emerge from the lake grabbed a pair of garden shears, which barely are just sitting around outside. I guess maybe it's probably a lot of old people like the garden. Good for them, At which point officers were like, hey, we were here to rescue you because you had a gator attached to you. Could you stop charging us with your garden shears? And the hardest forty two you've ever seen, decided not, I'm just gonna keep doing that, at which point officers tried to tase him. That did not work. A lot of people think that when officers deploy a taser, it either fully tases or a dozen, But like, I don't know what the rate is. You gotta get both those things in the person, and a lot of times they're not helping or making that easy. So, like, I can't tell you the number of bodycam videos I've seen where the tasers either don't seed and nothing happens, or the person is just so messed up. And I've seen a person in person so hammered at a bar that they deployed tasers, but he was wearing a he was wearing a motorcycle vest. He was wearn't a club vest, and for whatever reason, it didn't get through and the guy looked like Andre the Giant that police hit him like twice with that. Now, the only thing that probably kept that dude from getting shot in this parking lot in Menominee, Wisconsin. Does you have to say like that was the fact that he eventually fell down when police were like all right, and they knew him they were called I can't remember, his name was like Brian or something, and the police all knew him, like Brian, what are you doing? And then just taser. Taser didn't work and then fell down. But like at that point, officers, if you're still a threat, they've tried less than lethal or you know, whatever the terminology is. So this guy emerges from the lake. They're there to help him, has the garden shears, is coming at police and growling because a lot of people are like, why did they shoot He's he's a threat, and also he just got bit by a gator and it's not slow them down. So dude's got some ideas. According to Judd, officers tried to take him peacefully into custody. Then he decided to are you ready for this? After the taser failed to jump in one of the patrol vehicles, And in a lot of those vehicles they have a either a shotgun. Primarily it's a shotgun in the front. Usually the ar's in the back, but it's and it's latched into a holder, generally next to the laptop where they run your license. So he's trying to fish this thing out. He is able to get it out of there, which is impressive. Usually it's secured in and then you see in the patrol vehicle where they fired into the vehicle, hit this dude and he's dead. So Florida man in all senses now. According to jud Schultz, in the mugshot with the Hardest forty two had a lengthy drug pack rap sheet and actually had been in jail up to what eight days ago following a bunch of meth that he had on him, which apparently was not shocking deputies involved on paid administrative leave. Was the gator harm?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I think the gator's fine the gator. The gator's probably high af I didn't even think about that. Ross. How high do you think the gator is biting into this dude? Because meth gator sounds horrible. I remember they they were doing a movie after Cocaine Beer called Cracodile. I think it's probably one of those.
Speaker 2: Situations, dude. I remember Cracodile. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I never saw it, but I remember it was gonna be a thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know did they actually release it, because they were doing a whole series, like after cocaine Beer made money then just like all right, we need animals on.
Speaker 2: Drugs, like which mammal? Can we give? What drug?
Speaker 1: Because that's Hollywood man, and like krack coons just for you. We just had the kracoon up in Ohio. What are we doing? But yeah, no, they had crocodile. I don't know about methodile. Not sure how that works. But that So to answer your question, emailer, I don't know. Maybe he's high, maybe he's hot, I don't know. But the last thing you want is a Gator Jones and I think we can agree with that. But it's also like Lakeland or Orlando, and it's just full of crazy people. I don't know what it is about the Orlando area because you're like, you're not even at the beach, and if you're not there for the amusement parks, you're just there to be hot, right? Is there something else to do in Orlando. I've never met anyone who lived or worked in Orlando that either wasn't adjacent to the you know, the entertainment complex, which you know, I understand, or no pretty much that Like I don't know, I house you live in Orlando. I'm not knocking on it. It has a purpose, but like I know some radio people, but everything they do is like tied in with the theme parks there, and so I kind of get that. If you're just there to hang out, I assume you're probably doing meth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a super weird radio market. It's like a boutique market because it's so weird with the Universal and Disney and and everything else there.
Speaker 1: In the people, it's like Vegas, Vegas. It's a weird market too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the people that work there, like in the service industry, they hate their lives because everybody coming through was on vacation and in a great mood and your yeah zero yeah, and you've worked like a twenty hour shift and it's you're living in a different reality. And Yeah, Orlando is super weird.
Speaker 1: They do have good golf courses, though I will say that, but that's but that's part of the travel and entertainment thing. That's where I had to play the Saint Andrews for those of you who don't know. They have a recreation of Saint Andrews in Orlando. And a friend of mine who is a radio person who was also the producer for Faridy's TV show, David Faridy's TV show on Golf Channel, got me on that course. It's amazing. I golf like crap, but it was great. But that's yeah, that's that's pure tourist stuff right there. Everyone else in Orlando, to Ross's point, it's just sick of tourist man. So having some meth fueled Gators at least makes it interesting. Now I'm not I'm not I'm not saying you should move it to Disney. I'm just pointing out that the gator not guilty. Are you gonna let it go?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: All right, what is this Boston Paul is sending me stuff? Boston Paul, you should go play with the gators.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Well wrestling you guys, get some photo ops there. It'd be nice, all right. So that's our Gator update. Got two of them, one local North Carolina and one Florida. That's how we do, all right. Coming up on the show, we got a little secret service issue. I don't know what the hell is going on here. I mean, it's not They're not in Columbia with hookers, so you know, it's an upgrade over some of the stuff. But just a wild, wild incident outside of Obama's house with some of his protectorates. So we'll get into that the environmental activists or very mad about something that I'm not happy about. So I mean, I'm not happy that they're unhappy about it because I just feel like they've already gummed up this thing enough. But we'll bring up to speed. And then I mentioned the twenty million in spending, which we really didn't get into yesterday, that was announced by Democrats. And there's an easier path here, so we'll detail that, even though I kind of talked about it yesterday but I didn't get into the details. So do this six forty five. We'll take a break, be right back. Like I got up, what time did I tech see? Like three point thirty this morning? I was just dying. I'm still dying, but like whatever, but if I'm awake, we'll go ahead and do the thing that's gonna happen. So I don't know if I ate something or what's going on, but uh, I could run at any moment. Just you all been warned, all right? So what was the video you were seeing people were making fun of poor Angel Reese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I came across on an X and it was a guy at Target and he's in a sporting good section and he finds an Angel Reese basketball which oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, slightly smaller than the men's basketball, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he had a woman's ball, and so he picks up the ball with you know, it's in the box and throws it into his cart.
Speaker 1: But he he had sex with it, like the doll from Frozen. Right No, no, it's a different video.
Speaker 2: But so he tries to throw it into his car and it's the side of the cart on the ground. So he picks it up again and tries to throw in his car in Yeah, he gets the rebound, but he picks it up and he throws in the car, but he misses and society and it falls to the ground, but he picks it up, so he gets the rebound and then he picks it up and he's like, you know this time it's time. Right No, no, he missed again. Oh no, yeah, and he just kept missing and I thought.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's unfortunate. Did you see that? So they were the opening game was like those two teams, right, she plays for Chicago I think Reese and then Indiana for Kaitlin Clark, and uh, it was as you can imagine, it had like seven million viewers on TV. It was a full arena. Everybody showed up. Uh, so they were supposed to play again the other day, and Clark got hurt or something before the game, and uh, the ticket stop selling.
Speaker 2: It's weird, huh, And it's super weird. So maybe people thought that Angel Reese because she played, right, Angel Reese played, she.
Speaker 1: Did play, Yeah, Caitlin Clark did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a big player. So I mean maybe people thought that she was injured too, And that's why I didn't, Yeah, because otherwise, I mean, she's a big player. Why would you not want to go see her.
Speaker 1: I didn't get it. Did you see any of the It wasn't Reese, but some other woman on the bench who said either said that white B word or I can't remember. They were trying to pretend, she said, But it's pretty clear when I'm not a lip read expert, but like, it's pretty clear that she said the white B word on the bench and oh yeah, they said, Oh no, she said whack fowl, which, as you know, is something a lot of people say, right that foul is whack pretty common within the basketball world, right, you see a lot of like players saying that. Remember how Jordan used to always say that's a whack fowl when there was a foul objected to. So yeah, that was a whole controversy over the weekend that I didn't delve into on Monday. But then I saw the ticket thing and I kind of laughed a little.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. Blocking Angel rees and X is one of the best things I ever did. And here I blocked Angel Reese before she got into the w NBA's when she first hit the scene. Remember she was being like she was.
Speaker 1: At LSU, she was the big rival to Kaitlin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she was being like that. She was doing the nasty, ugly thing where she was just like doing like the John Cena you can't see me. And I was like this will, which, by the way, I can respect. I don't even have a beef with that. If people want to come in and be the villain in a sporting sense, there's a place for that. There's a certain way to do it. It's the way she was doing it rubbed me the wrong way. I'm like, you're a disgusting person and I'm blocking you, and you know it's proven to be right, Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you kind of nailed it. I'm trying to remember which player said the white B word, Like it's clear she said that, which which I'm not even ob I don't like, I don't even have an objection to, Like I want my sports people nasty. Do you know what I'm saying. I'm also the one who wants them to be able to do roids just because football would be amazing. Right. You think you've seen some hits, you ain't seen nothing like oh I got decapitated. Now you got to figure out you have to expand the rosters. Let's just let's go with the whole testing thing and trying to hide it whatever. I want to see Barry Bonds hit, you know, one hundred and fifty home runs a season. I'm here for it, and I'm here for sports rivalries, but pretending like I can't remember the exact quote, but like people were offended, like, well, you know Angel Reese is they're treating her as a villain and that's never been done, and I'm just like, what are you talking about? There have been who's the best villain in sports? And I'll even include wrestling ross and you're from our childhood, who was the best villain in sports? And a lot it may have to do with who you root for. But having a villain, having the you know, the antithesis of what you're rooting for is a sports thing and I'm here for it. And it could be simple. It could be an enforcer in hockey.
Speaker 2: I had no idea in my lifetime. I'd probably say Tom Brady from my perspective, he's the biggest.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah, it could be. So you could be totally something where his fans think he's great, but you're just rooting against. It's good those villains.
Speaker 2: But but you can be respectable when you do it. To Angel Reese comes across as a racist and I can't and I and that word is thrown around a lot, but I mean that sincerely. She comes across to me as a racist. That's that's how I how I feel the way she is wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, you had Charles Barkley and you had Michael Jordian and that was a big rivalry, but it was respectable at the same time, like you didn't have, you know, like Charles.
Speaker 1: Larry Bird was a villain.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: But what he used to say to people, Yeah, oh damn, I know.
Speaker 2: He was a big trash talker, and yeah, you couldn't have Bird without magic or magic without Bird, and we were all better for it. But once again, there was a sort of respect there and I don't see. I don't Yeah, I'm just not a fan.
Speaker 1: You still got to be good. You just can't league lead the league in rebounds that are your own, right, That's that's that's the that's the little hit.
Speaker 2: In the tennis Rodman. Right, he would get his rebounds, but it's not because he was picking up his own that he was missing twenty times, you know, in a row like whatever. Yeah, she got twenty rebounds in one quarter. They were all hers.
Speaker 1: We don't have the congressman today, right, that's next week. I don't know why that just popped into my head, Right, yeah, Brad nots next week. Okay, all right, I'll just get ready to tease it because then I rose, we don't have a guest today, which I'm okay with because frankly, I feel like crap. But all right, a couple of things. We got to get into some airline chaos and I was just ross and I were just talking about sports trades or the worst trades ever, and we had ranked Britney Griner for the Merchant of Death, just below herschel Walker for ten years of the Viking's Future. But then I was asking what the Bills are gonna do for running back because I didn't know. Do you guys still have Cook on your roster?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You know Cook is still on the roster. It's just he's demanding.
Speaker 1: He's just diva.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, he went completely diva during the offseason and then he took all the bill stuff off of his uh like x acount and Instagram, and he's demanding like a big bag, like a lot of money. And he's demanding more money than Sequon Barkley signed.
Speaker 1: Than the guy just won a Super Bowl. Yeah, that guy, And you're.
Speaker 2: Not kidding it. So they do have and he's still in the roster, but he didn't show up yesterday. I guess still like practice. Oh okay, But they do have Ray Davis, who was the backup to him last year and he's a really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Davis is good. Have you guys thought of signing the Merchant of Death though we have not who we traded for Griner.
Speaker 2: Now Canny Movies.
Speaker 1: He quick, I mean, he's uh, he's Cagy more.
Speaker 2: Like a Sanders or like a Derrick Henry.
Speaker 1: Remember he went into prison and then we're like, hey, what if we trade this w NBA player for you? And then like he went right back to merchant teen death didn't miss a beat apparently. Remember I remember we had that story. He's just like first thing he did, he say, I got to go make a big arms deal in like South su Dan or something. So I mean, right back at it. A guy who's gonna put in the work is the point that I'm making. So you just gotta you know, if it's not him, then maybe you heard me say Kaiser, Like that's a dude who gets things done.
Speaker 2: So we asked for Kaiser, so they delivered as a cripple.
Speaker 1: No, wow, that's unfair.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what happened with that deal there. So we let the guy go. We let him go, You.
Speaker 1: Let verbal go? Yeah, And where is he now?
Speaker 2: I don't care who cares?
Speaker 3: He just where?
Speaker 1: But like where did he go? Just down the street or whatever?
Speaker 2: Some car picked him up?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Probably gonna go check out Kobayashi or something. Oh lawyer, all.
Speaker 1: Right, that's his agent, right, I have a Japanese.
Speaker 2: Agent who cares, he's a nobody dude.
Speaker 1: That deal what was the worst deal? Remember the what was the guy's name who left the base to go like hang with the Taliban And then we traded five dudes, three of which ended up getting killed doing terrorist stuff.
Speaker 2: That was bo burg Doll. Yeah, bo burg Doll. Yeah, that was a bad trade, right, Yeah, the dude went a wall. We gave him like five terrorists in response or something.
Speaker 1: It's the herschel Walker trade all over again.
Speaker 2: Was it the guys that we had in Gitmo? Wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Three of them were in or No, they were all in Getmo, and I think three of them ended up either going back to Gemo or getting killed by our own military.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they went back into the service of being a terrorist blanket, right, Yeah, and yeah a lot of them are dead now.
Speaker 1: And then I remember Obama held a press conference after and he's like, well, you know, we locked him up so long they had to be terrorists. And I'm like, is that how that works? I don't know about that. It's like a do to get put in jail for murder gets out on a TECHNI or no. Remember the guy who just got accidentally released from Garner murdered two people, went to court and the paperwork didn't follow him. They let him out in a month later, he shot somebody like, look, people are gonna do what they love, right, it's their passion. This case, apparently it was murdering people. So yeah, yeah, you gotta look at it like that. So all right, anyway, this is a crazy story. So the Secret Service has suspended two officers who decided they were gonna have a fight outside of Barack Obama's house. During the brawl, one officer allegedly grabbed her radio end quote, and this is I'm not up on all. You know how they use like codes stuff like oh I ten forty or whatever. That's not a thing, but like and so you have to, like you have to know what they're talking about. So into a radio, reportedly said quote, I'm gonna whoop this girl's ass, which I'm not sure what that's code for, but I'm not a law enforcement officer. But video shows the female agents punching and shoving each other, so she meant it. So there's that, which is good. You wanted to follow through Real Clear Politics reporter Susan Krabt, where you published both the video and the audio file two X wrote that the fisticuffs happened outside Obama's DC home. Let's see here about two miles northwest of the White House. Oh yeah, he's I can't remember the name of that neighborhood. It's a very nice neighborhood. Quote, I need a supervisor out here. Immediately before I whooped this girl's behind. I'll clean it up, said one of the women into the radio. Here's the statement from Secret Service. The US Secret Service is aware of an on duty altercation that occurred between two uniform division officers around two thirty am May twenty First, the individuals involved suspended and they're doing obviously an investigation. I don't know. I guess you get bored. You're really the only people you see and if you got a beef, Like it's two thirty in the morning, you're just standing around doing nothing right. Just make you sure the perimeter's clear. Checking in on the radio. But you know it's not the Columbia hooker thing. What was the and then it's not also the part where you know you basically let the former and now current again president basically uh, you know, be in a shooting gallery because sloped rules like you've got some issues, you're working on some stuff, and I don't. I don't have inherent b for the Secret Service. I I've known a few Secret Service agents over the years, uh you know, post service, and it seemed like good people. But it's like, this is the kind of crap that like it takes away from the mistike of it. The Secret Service is a little bit of mystique, right, And I you know, going back to like clinial what was the Clint Eastwood movie where he's the Secret Service dude I got shot for one of the presidents, went back in the line of fire. That's a great movie. And there's a there's a certain lionization of Secret Service officers and there's just all these crazy stories.
Speaker 2: Man, you know there used to be like a like you said, it's like a mystique, like a mystery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some duy with glasses. Maybe he's got a fake arm hanging out because this other one's on a gun, like willing to take a bullet for the president. I'd say that's a big deal. And I think that most of the people who serve probably serving that capacity. But you had this like fundamental breakdown. It's not two chicks fighting out front. I'm look, I'm here for a cat fight. Whatever. Oh it's on video, great, let's do this thing. That being said, it was like a fundamental breakdown of their ability to properly protect the former and now current president, Like how how did we get so? Like do you remember how quickly that story evaporated that portion of it. We talked about this incessantly on the air, like where they're just like, oh, are bad. Yeah, we didn't want to put it on that roof, and it's like, I don't know, man, Like this wasn't just a blind spot. This was like the most Glarus. Like if you brought me to an area and they do these assessments ahead of time. I've literally been there for an event that we were doing that Bush was at, all right, so it's a radio station event. Bush's there, and so we all have to go down there, and Secret Service was there. It was like two weeks ahead of time, and they had like twenty people running around that place and they're not even telling you what they're doing, but they're going through and their map and they're figuring out where everyone's going to go, and it's really impressive to watch. And then they asked you questions like you did something but whatever, and they go through all that and like you realize what an operation this is, and then day of like clockwork, it was great, you know what it was. It was when Bush announced No Child Left Behind was actually an event that was part of a radio event that we did in Lacrosse, Wisconsin. He announced it at a school and it was my first time in a news capacity at a secret service, credentialed event. I had been I had watched Clinton speak in college. He came to the university I was at and we were drunk, so like we didn't care and they just kind of like put us in a pit but whatever, because we just assumed he would be and then he'd want to go to the sorority houses. That was literally our mindset. But like, this was the first time I was working there and really watching what they were doing. It was wildly impressive. And then you see the fundamental breakdown that happened with Trump and it's just like the like they don't even talk about that anymore. And then do you remember the dude after the woman resigned who was the agent in charge, who thankfully is not the guy now in that in that in the House hearing. It wasn't a confirmation here, and they just had him there answering questions because he's in charge, and it was just so angry. It's just just angry. It was just battling with some of the House members. Well, the whole thing absolutely decimated. What I think is that mystique within the Secret Service. And now you got a couple of chicks fighting because they're bored at two thirty and one of them's mad at the other one, or they're both mad at each other. I don't even know what's going on. Let's see who is all right, let me just I'll read this verbatim. This is just the latest alleged incident of bad behavior in the Secret Service uniform ranks. Michelle Herzog, who was assigned to protect Kamala Harris, was accused of attacking a supervisor. Didn't they have a story where a Secret Service agent like broke into a business to go to the bathroom. I remember that story went away too. I just it's just now popping back in my head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was during a believe a Kamala Harris campaign event.
Speaker 1: Right they show Yeah, it was somewhere in like Pittsburgh or something. They showed up and they're just like, I'm going to break into this business. And I will say this, maybe the details changed, but that's the last I remember of that story. I remember the whole thing was strange, and the media had no interest in covering it, but it was just it was another element of the dereliction of duty of coverage that you know, a couple of reporters now, including Jake Tapper, getting absolutely filled with your richover by the way that book is selling. They're selling a crap ton of those copies, not to mention the speaking engagements that come with it and everything else. Like that's that's the most repugnant part of this getting away from the secret Service side. It's just like all of these stories, some of its Secret Service, but all of these stories that just continue to move forward with, you know, everywhere, like everyone realized that there's problems and we just moved on from it and now you gotta now you gotta cat fight out in front of Obama's house. I hope the video is good. I haven't seen the whole thing, but remember the going back to that incident with Kamala Harris. Do you remember what she was assaulting her coworkers with This is how crazy the story is that you may not remember it. So her Zog, who was assigned to protect Harris, was accused of assaulting her coworkers with sanitary pads. She was assaulting them with Maxi pads. It was one of those moments where you take somebody who's doing such an adult thing and you're just like, that's insane, you know what. It reminded me of Remember the astronaut who drove across the country in diapers over over a love battle, and you're like, wait a second, don't you go to space? The hell's going on? You go to space and you just put adult diapers on so you could drive to Florida kick some chicks behind because she's hitting on your man.
Speaker 2: I mean you make better time if you don't stop to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: No, I I'm aware of Yes, yes, that's why you have this. Why gatorade bottles exist. You women don't even know. You don't even know. You know how many times a dude driving by himself has to stop to go to the bathroom if he doesn't neat gas goose egg And it's weird if you do.
Speaker 2: Ye how many times on on Patrol Live I've seen like a cop stop somebody and they're like, what is this container?
Speaker 3: Right? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, is that booze? What's in? There's something else? And the cop believes them. You know why, because if it's a male cop, they get it. They're like, oh yeah, yeah, okay. Or you're driving three hundred miles by yourself, totally understandable. Now you got to get the wide mouth bottles. If you don't get those, then I can't help you. But you know, you're a dude. You don't want to get caught with a small open bottle. You have to have the wide mouth like the Gatorade, because then you get on on Patrol Live and people see that you went with it in a regular water bottle with a small opening. They're gonna have questions, they're gonna assume some stuff. But no, this other chick, she's like, I'm gonna I'm gonna assault you with Maxi pads. And that story just went away. So uh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: The first story I can remember, and maybe you mentioned this. I was doing other things, but the first story I can remember where it was like what is going on with the Secret Service? What is happening here? Remember when the guy jumped over the fence at the White House and made it into the White House.
Speaker 1: You did making it into the White House. He made it like deep into the white right.
Speaker 2: So you're jumping over the fence, you're running across the lawn, You're getting into the White House and.
Speaker 1: Just had a right, had a knife, right, yeah, got in And when you go into secrets, I remember he made it like into the yellow Room, which, if I'm remembering correctly, that requires you to get past part what is the public? Part two? There is a there is a delineation there, and there's agents in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that completely destroyed, like you were saying, the mystique of the Secret Service, because before then you would just assume that. As soon as he stepped in that lawn, you're like, yeah, your head has just turned.
Speaker 1: There at least there's six dogs chewing on you, right, yeah, And then what do they do? Remember what they did? After? They're like, well, what if we put some spikes at the top of the fence, and then another dude jumped over the fence because he's just like, what if I put a jacket over the spikes and they're like, ah, you're mister wizard. What happened.
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: That was the same part they put all these spies. It took him like a month to do it. And then the guy's like, what if I throw my jacket over it like in every movie and they're like, ah, you got us. Ah, you're you're mag iver. Good for you. So so anyway, don't if you're protecting the president or former president. No cat fighting, I guess would be the takeaway there. All right, So how do you talk to dudes? Ross? If you wanted to talk to let's say, men eighteen to thirty four, which is a demographic that we literally deal with in radio, what would you do? How would you communicate?
Speaker 2: I would just talk?
Speaker 1: You would just talk to him, right, Yeah, you're not but you're not a man eighteen to thirty four. So how would you know?
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm a dude. Oh yeah, and I've been eighteen thirty four, so I mean a dude you know for like one.
Speaker 1: Year or longer? Were you longer eighteen to thirty four? Would you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, a bit longer? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, then all right, Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 2: Think I'd have to give it that much thought. I would just talk.
Speaker 1: But if you were a woman, right, you wouldn't be like, I'd never been a man eighteen thirty four, right, so you wouldn't know. But maybe you talk to somebody who was a man, who had been a man eighteen to thirty four, and you had access to him, and then you would use that to communicate to people, or the other option you spend twenty million dollars to fake it. That story coming up next, Like it's like you got to get into the brain of men, which the Democrats are going to pay twenty million to do because apparently they don't know any which is what makes this story so wild. But you gotta like we had a story ross if I get into the story about the woman who killed her husband and cut his junk off and made beans with it, I don't think I did. I did not get it. And by the way, if you're going, wait, I heard that story. No, no, no, this is the second one. This is one that happened a month after the other one, which I believe we did cover. She got mad at her dude, killed him, chopped his bits off, and made the national dish of Brazil. I can't remember what the name of it. Is, which is good, Like, you know, you want a woman who can cook and murder you in your sleep and then cut that. Let me let me tell you, like, dude's not alive anymore. I don't know what led up to that. Obviously she's psycho, but no guy wants to be part of an appetizer. You want to know that you are like Jesus with the fish and loaves. Man, how much does she make? That is literally a question that a male friend of mine asked me when I like, dude, you guys see the story, and he's like, well, as long as you know, you want to make sure there's enough there. That's such a guy response, right, You don't want to you don't want to be Oh no, it was a sampler thing at Costco. No, you wanna, you wanna you want to feed the masses like, well, he died, but at least you know it was enough for a full cookout. That's you know, that's that's where guy's brains go. So understanding where guy's brains go can be pretty useful, especially when you're trying to get dudes to vote for you. But if you're their Democrat party, you got a little bit of an issue, and the idea that you're going to go ahead and you're going to solve it by throwing twenty mil at the problem is laughable. And I'll explain what your problem is here in a moment. I think most of you can envision it. But check the story out here we go New York Posts. Democrats can't figure out why they're hemorrhaging young male voters, and party leaders are baffled. I'm not going to get into the details of our ratings, but one of the things that is very interesting about this show versus your traditional talk radio station or talk radio show, we kill it with young people. We kill it with young men, like to the point where it's a ross Like it's a little weird right with the young men part of our demographic.
Speaker 2: It's super cool. But yeah it is. It's great.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I love it, don't get me wrong, But like, it's also I think it's part of this issue. I think it's part of the issue that Democrats are have it right now because, yeah, we do politics on this show, and it is overtly political, but if you really think about it, half of the stuff we talk about is not a party thing. Talking about lightsabers and stuff now.
Speaker 2: But it's also like the popularity now of spoken word and long form podcast correct, right, like Joe Rogan or Theo Vaughan. It's when you actually think about it, it's not that surprising that younger people would maybe flocked to listen to that on the radio.
Speaker 1: No no, no, But it is a decidedly different slice versus Glenn Beck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yeah, and it's it's like traditionally it's weird, yes.
Speaker 1: And in a morning in a morning sequence. It's also much different than where you normally see young male listeners. A lot of it's sports usually or Zoo Crew, right, especially when you get into the younger you get a Zoo Crew or a legacy Zoo cru is a thing, look it up. But like, so we love that. I love that we have that. But it speaks to how people interact with, you know, the news of the day. And so if you're the Democrat party and you have a what was it like, twenty eight percent overage in college educated women and that's the only demographic you're killing it in, you got a problem. So how do you get the college educated men who you know might be adjacent to what is your strong demographic. They don't know and instead of like recognizing that, perhaps your entire strategy has been to demonize those individuals from the day that they were adulting. Let's talk about that. Like it's one thing for Ross and I were an older generation of many of you are as well. Right, you remember a time when you weren't literally the devil. But if you're twenty five, you voted now in a couple of presidential elections, you don't know what time you weren't the great satan. You've always been the problem. You've been told it every day. You're toxic, you're you're you've probably been medicated, if you're a little hyper, if you had some energy. You're just walking around waiting to, you know, rape women around you, because you know that's what happens. You know, what was there was some insane number, like what was it like one in five women is raped to college? Why would you send your daughter to college? Well, you're the you're the villain. Just insane numbers there, and that has been the entirety of your existence. You've had to either bend the knee and be like, yep, I gotta change, even though you've never really been something to change from and anytime you tried to, you know, do the bro stuff. This is what I call the young groups, the bro bros. Right, you get the bro bros, like the frap boys there at UNC who rescued the flag. Those are the bro bros. And then you got the uh you know, the the yay girls, right, they're the party girls, yay right when they go out, right, that's your traditional younger twenty something set and God bless him, have fun, do your thing. It's a great time. You're all in the best shape of your life. You're all hot, you're partying, you're having a great time. And then you just kind of work through it and and like that entire slice of life has been demonized since since the day you got to here, and you don't even know what you did. And it's and it is part of a political strategy. So what did you think was going to happen when you told this entire slice of voters that they're what's wrong with America? They're not going to vote for you. So now there's scrambling to figure out what are we going to do? And instead of like trying to salvage them. Look, Gavin Newsom could be a conduit for young men. He's very slick, good looking, he speaks well, he can actually be self deprecating without actually being self deprecating. He's a very dangerous politician for the ideas that he has, and he's trying to course correct on some stuff, like he could be a conduit for it, but you don't have anyone else in the party. And then you get David Hogg in there for five minutes, which, look, he's not an example of a guy's guy, but he's kind of the closest thing you got. And what's the first thing you do. You run him out of office. You throw him out. You get into a big fight with him over stupidness, like he's dumb and he has bad ideas, but as far as you know, he's still a guy. And you torch the first guy you get in there. He's got a little bit of a little bit of cred, a little bit of notoriety, even if if it's for being kind of a weasley weirdo, it will still resonate with your voters. And torch him the first thing you do because he didn't he wasn't demographically proper enough. Oh well, we can't have a white male in there. Plus he's talking about primary people. Like, so now you've got to spend twenty million dollars, which is on this CNN piece what the Democrat Party has done. They've created a new strategy called speaking with American Men, a strategic plan probing men, like you know, like there's something you just found, Like it's that bacteria the Chinese just found on their space station, Like what is this? Let's go ahead and figure it out. And so you're gonna spend twenty million dollars rather than just talking to dudes to figure out their syntax. This is I mean, this is literally the language language they're using. Like all right, so we're gonna study the words that they use and then we're gonna use those words for marketing.
Speaker 2: I saw a text yesterday from Andrew Yang. Did you see his text going yeah, you know he said somebody It was a long lines of the problem with the Democratic Party is they have to spend twenty million to figure out how men talk.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just wild to me, like how do men talk? It's almost grunts, but it's not. It's actually deeper than that. And you guys have no idea. That baffles me. Look, I understand how progressive talk to each other. I do we play enough lot ago, I get it. I can reckon, I can pick up on the stuff. I understand how women talk to each other.
Speaker 2: You see these studies done before too. I know you've seen the same ones where you know they say, like, the people on the right understand the arguments of those on the left. Yes, those in the left have no idea of the arguments or the thoughts of people on the right. They're completely alienated and in their own and bubble and they just don't know. They have no doubt.
Speaker 1: They do not know what a twenty three year old dudes think and right.
Speaker 2: But the thing is they think they know, but they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they think, oh, well, what he wants to do is he wants to shave with his bro right. That weird, uh Harry's commercial thing that we had last week. No, he doesn't. You know what he also doesn't want to do. He probably doesn't want to get into politics that much because he's twenty two to twenty three. You know what he wants to do. He wants to go to the bar and talk to hotties.
Speaker 2: That's the other problem is you injected politics into absolutely everything, this sport, every video games, the media, and you can't get away from it. And people are tired of it, and you're being told they're tired of being told that they're awful people.
Speaker 1: You are so far gone from what is a very you're not going to fully understand them, Like I don't fully understand twenty some year old dudes now. But I can make conversation and we're gonna have a lot in common, and we're you know, we're gonna talk about It ain't gonna be politics. You just want to talk about golf, some beach cars. Oh, dudes, love cars. I don't know if you know this. Love car. I don't care if you're twenty or eighty. Some guy rolls up in a viper. They want to look at the engine. That's how it is, not all of them. Maybe they want to talk about video games. Maybe they just want to talk about nothing. Guys are really good at talking about nothing. I don't know if you know this. We are fantastic to the point where it drives women crazy. You've seen those like skits were and there's I don't know if it's Brian Reagan who does it is a whole bit where he's like. He comes back, he's telling his wife that his buddy got divorced. She's like, oh my gosh, what happened. He's like, I don't know. I don't know. Like you just played golf. He's like, A, yeah, that is.
Speaker 2: That is the reason that bit is so funny and so popular. It's because it's so true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he got a new driver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were. He goes out golfing with his buddy that recently got divorced. Right, Yes, they're on the golf course for the entire day. And they get back and she's like, how's he feeling, how's he doing?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: He's like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Would you talk about is new driver? Golf?
Speaker 1: We talked about golf. Guys are content with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mark, he's done that before. We're like, i'll have you know. I talked to my you know, certain buddies whole time and.
Speaker 1: Talked to Michael or whatever.
Speaker 2: And she's like, well, how how is Michael feeling? How's he him?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Mm always share memes.
Speaker 1: I think he's alive. Say that's it, and I know what you're thinking. You're like, well, how do you connect with those people? It's surprisingly easy. You just you give the same amount as zero f's that they do. Let's get Ray Stagic in here. He'll back this up. Guy, we're not complicated. Oh he's on the Oh crap, are we doing this today? Okay? I'm sorry? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry, they're mister Stagic. We got another thing like women, when guys is a Democrat party spending twenty million to figure out how to talk to dudes, and it's so easy. Just talk about nothing. We're not you know, we're not sharing deep thoughts.
Speaker 3: No, my whitet gets aggregated because I do the same thing. Yeah you dad? Good? Would you talk about nothing?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 3: I'd tell her thirty thousand feet That's what I tell her. I said, I don't need the details. I said, I'm flying up there thirty thousand I only need the highlights.
Speaker 1: That's yeah. Is he alive? Good? All right? Check?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But here's the other thing too, like when guys do share information like that, because it does happen, it's more impactful because it's it's it's right right, right.
Speaker 1: Boy tells you something personal right attention? Absolutely mean, what's going on. Then then you're the female part of your brain, I guess starts.
Speaker 2: But right at that point you're like, are you dying? Like what's wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, in your car?
Speaker 1: That's the real wor the worst.
Speaker 3: Part with it. So I do this thirty thousand Kelly thirty. Now my youngest daughters picked up on that. So now when my wife asked my daughter questions and she says that to her thirty thousand feet mom, and she gets so aggravated because they all know you.
Speaker 1: So you've turned the women against the women.
Speaker 3: I've turned Wanda.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's good for you. Man, fight you gotta, yeah, because you're it's just you and women right in You're.
Speaker 3: Exactly even even the dogs the dog's female's. Yeah, it's just a little bit of a battle here. Jump into the battle being in the clouds and the cool weather yesterday for the try at a record low high temperature fifty seven at the airport in Greensboro. That was high yesterday. That was a record low high and Rollie, we did a little bit better. I think we got in the sixties. Yeah, sixty five, but we should be at our above eighty the well below normal. Now we'll start a slow recovery. Some clouds kind of icky out there this morning with some light rain showers this afternoon, might mix in a thunderstorm, but a lot of cloudy hours too, low mid seventies Tonight, maybe a shower thundershower Tomorrow, little fog back again at a few showers thunderstorms in the afternoon, near eighty degrees. Tryad probably stays in the seventies and then Friday, good coverage on the scattered showers thunderstorms into Friday night. This could be the end because after that sunshine for the weekend and upper seventies to low eighties, it looks like we're gonna have a pretty good run of weather starting this weekend. In the first couple of days in June, I had.
Speaker 1: A conversation for almost three hours the other day on why cars should have wing doors again they should. I know, the parking lot things a problem, but how frigging cooler wing doors? Man?
Speaker 3: Well, that and butterfly windows on the old pickup truck that had that discussion this past weekend, or.
Speaker 1: The suicide doors. It was a whole thing. It was a whole thing. Yeah, somebody committing suicide. No, it's just cool.
Speaker 3: It's just cool stuff that we're doing it right now, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm chewing out the real estate. Yeah, well we'll chew up more in an hour. Okay, let's find other guys stuff to talk about. Okay, Yeah, yeah, guys, there you go. Raced Agic from the Weather Channel. Appreciate that. Yeah. I had a whole conversation about wing doors. You just don't see him enough. We need more ross. How much cooler would any vehicle you own be if it had like.
Speaker 2: The wing doors, like the the loandoors be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just amazing, amazing, right, and they don't work in a parking lot environment, but they're awesome. You get some you get some supercars with him. My buddy's dad had a Mercedes with them. I can't remember what model that was. Uh, it was super cool. We talked. I talked about that for like three hours. The other day with two guys that are friends of mine, we talked about nothing else, I promise you. The one who's married, he went home and his wife's always asking about I promise. She was like, what did you talk about? He said, wing doors. It probably was a fight. She didn't believe him, but that's what we talked about. Shelby. That's what we talked about. It's his wife's name. All right, there you go, seven fifty one. Hang on, you can get away with a line. And I like old westerns. Know, if anybody ever wants this is another dude discussion. If you're wanting to get into a discussion and not just the John Wayne stuff. If you want to get into old western discussion, I'm here for you. I remember. I remember one of the best discussions Ross and I ever had is like when we first started working together. You had just watched The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, right, and you just I remember you came in one day You're like, that movie was amazing, great movie, that is right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, Westerns are great. And when I was a kid, I didn't appreciate him growing up in the city. But my dad used to love watching westerns, you know, in his pliner because he was a country boy, grew up with the horses and stuff like way upstate New York. But he I wasn't into them as a kid, And now that I'm into them, I wish my dad was still alive so we could watch them and then you know, talk about them because they're so great. Oh, and and it only expands another media too. Like Red Dead, Redemption two is a fantastic video game because of the vibe and the feeling. And you know you're you're a cowboy.
Speaker 1: What's your top three westerns? Dude? Unforgiven is one of them.
Speaker 2: Right, let's just be c I love Unforgiven, I love True Grit. I like the New True Grit as well. They're they're both great, by the way, both both love I love Pale Writer.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Those are all very good choice. And you know what, this is a Democrat party. This is what dudes talk about. We don't, I don't, I don't have to know the I will tell you. One of the most liberal people i' growing up. He literally votes for communists. Took an old Dodge pickup truck sixties model and did a full resto on it, and as he was getting ready to do the interior, announced to us that he was going to swap the dash out and make a digital and we all made fun of him. We're like, you can't do a full restoration and then do that, And it turned out so good. It's so good. The truck's name is Brumus. By the way, it's got a name killer paint shot, but it's got all digital dash in it, sixties zero Dodge pickup. It's amazing. I don't know if I've ever talked to him about like I know he votes for comedies, don't care. He does a bunch of really good restoration. Lives in Montana now with other comedies. Whatever. We'll talk about that, we'll talk about favorite westerns. This is so easy. Send me your twenty million dollars. I just solved it for.
Speaker 2: Listen, let's get back to pail writer. Listen when he Oh, you have a preacher m beating down dudes with a stick.
Speaker 1: He's got a back ground though he's a preacher. But it's a little bit of backstory there.
Speaker 2: It's a fantastic movie, just the ritual of that. It's just such a great character.
Speaker 1: I love for people who aren't into westerns. I remember I was dating a girl one time. She refused to watch a Western, and I figured out what I remember which one I showed her Ah, and she loved it, and I felt like I had accomplished, like I was over the moon. Oh, it was two mules for sister Sarah, because I realized that she wanted to see some that wasn't just shoot him out and wasn't a traditional and like, that's a great one, dude.
Speaker 2: That is a great movie, especially like when you go in blind not knowing.
Speaker 1: Because you're knowing who she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go in blind and you're like, oh, this is like an old timey western and he's gonna be like, you know, the pacing and the beats are going to be something I can you know, figure out. And then there's like a big like sort of reveal in that movie and I completely like blew me away like a story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, great movie. I felt so proud of myself and then I told other dudes about it and then they're like, yeah, that's good. I should make my wife or girlfriend or whatever watch it.
Speaker 2: You know what I want to see that I've never seen. I want to see that movie where John Wayne plays Genghis Khan.
Speaker 1: I've only seen snippets.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a there's a documentary I can't remember what it was. I think it was called yellow Face. There's a documentary that's on like HBO Max or whatever where they talk about a bunch of old movies like this, and there's a part of me. That's like, yeah, that sucks. Also, where can I watch.
Speaker 2: Something It's absolutely absurd. But that's why I want to watch it, you know, because.
Speaker 1: His voice, because I say, they played clips of it. He doesn't change his voice. Right, So it's John Wayne with the weird you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, pil grum like this sort of thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's you know, he's also impregnating in the third of the Asian continent. You know, it's what he does.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's the Duke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody's gonna arguement all right, Now look at this. Dudes are sending me their top Westerns. Tombstone's amazing, Liberty Balance amazing, Eldorado, Rio, Bravo. Okay, I feel like The Unforgiven's got to be in the top three. What a great movie. I don't even know where Big Whiskey is. I grew up Wyoming. I know that the war has got the face cut up and some ponies, That's what I know.
Speaker 2: I thought you grew up next to Big Whiskey. Aren't you from that area?
Speaker 1: No, I'm from the k C Buffalo area.
Speaker 2: Are you you're more from like the Legends of the Fall type area.
Speaker 1: No, the other side of the Mountain. Okay technically from that so yeah, although they did film some uh some scenes there. Yeah, dude, one of the greatest Western lines. That's the other thing you talk about lines and movies. One of the greatest movie what is uh? And and and dudes will recognize it? What? What is? What is clint Ea Swoit's character say back to the bartender or to the person in the bar after they complained that they just shot an unarmed man, What is the line? Even if you don't get it exact, what is the line? Guess he should have armed himself. What a great line? Due and in that moment in that movie, Oh, it's killer. Westerns have some of the greatest lines in there. And you don't have to get into The Man with No Name series. So many great lines in that fistful of dollars, a few dollars more The Man with No Name. You know, that whole series, the good, the bad, and the ugly, even the non lines, just the just the moment we're all standing around in that graveyard. What are you gonna do? What are you gonna do? What are you gonna do? That's what guys talk about. They talk about everything and nothing all at the same time, So if you can't make political connections with them, what are you doing? That is the beauty of this show. And this is what I tell people who complain when we don't do politics. Sometimes they're like, oh, man, you just talk about nothing. There's really important issues you need to be talking about. No, there's not. There are and we will get to them. But what do you think what what do you think is more palatable to people, especially if you want to convince them that you're right on stuff. You want to I don't want to say rope and don't you want to hook him in because that's how normal people are. Right, We're talking about everything. And then after we get done talking about the resto on that sixties dodge, which is the digital dash turned out great, he was absolutely right, good for him or your favorite westerns, then I can pivot over to the fact that the Democrats are having just spend twenty million dollars because they can't communicate with dudes.
Speaker 2: You know, they can't communicate with guys, but they also can't relate to regular average people too, and it goes for women and men like they just can't. That's why you get these policies that are just absolutely ridiculous and asenite. Yes, even like when it comes to lake cars and stuff, well, with that policy, they just put into place that they're getting rid of. Where you had the car that would turn off at like a traffic light and turn itself back on to save the environment. How annoyingly frustrated is that? And they're just like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Remember the first car I got with that I made the dealer. The dealer had a fix where they could turn it off right and had to literally like code it.
Speaker 2: What kind of normal rational person who has had lived experience on this planet is going to say, yeah, this is a good policy, we should do this. It's insane, right, No, nobody and the people were like, well, the you know, the dealer, you know, the auto manufacturers, they did that. They didn't do it because they wanted to. They did it because of cafe standards, right, which sounds great, you're like.
Speaker 1: Oh, cafe food right. No, no, no, no, they did it because the government went in and said these are you know, you're gonna have to have this as part of your fleet, so it's got to average out. And they literally stopped producing some SUVs over this, and that was one of the ways that where they could cheat the system, and they built it.
Speaker 2: In right, and they expands and other things too. It's like, oh, we're gonna get rid of your guest over whatever. It is. Like remember the.
Speaker 1: Corn star check yesterday from Massachusetts the State Center. Yeah, these people, Christy Kreme or whatever her damn name was.
Speaker 2: They can't relate to average people men or women, but specifically really men because they don't live on planet Earth. I don't know where. I don't know where they come from. It's it's like they're from a different planet. It's so weird.
Speaker 1: And for whatever reason, you'll get people to come along on the women's side. The demographics show it because women are more empathetic. It's just it's just the nature of how women are versus men. But men will sit there and they may go along with it if they think they're gonna get some I know, you guys don't want to hear this, right, they'll go over in the Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna go hang out with the uh the.
Speaker 2: Liberal date And you're like, yeah, definitely, guess those cause cancer all year. Agree, take your pants off?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, no. But then but they're still gonna they're not gonna vote because they don't care. Because it goes back to your platform is you are Satan and all the consultants of the world ain't gonna change that. What's the first thing after Trump got reelected, all these blue hairs did, We're not going to interact with men anymore. You know.
Speaker 2: The only Democrat I can think of that actually talks like a dude is James Carvel. But and I'm not I don't agree with his policy there is it kind of talks like a drunk but you know what I mean, Like he seems like he's a regular guide that he's swears and he's funny at times and at the policy. But that's why he was. He had such a big issue with David Hogg because it was like, you're trying to relate to an average dude, like a guy, and you're throwing in like the David Hoggs or the Harry Sissons of the world, which are like guys can't relate with that. It's not normal.
Speaker 1: Harry season is like it would be, is the most annoying person you would run into at a college party. You know what I'm saying, Like he would just be kryptonite to want to be around, and yet you propel him forward, you put all this money behind him, whereas James Carville will He'll probably tell you some amazing stories and that every other world will be an f bomb. But you're right. You will gravitate more towards listening to James Carvill to interacting with Harry Sisson, even though they both are spewing really bad ideas, horrible ideas, But you go along and get along, and you guys can communicate, you can have conversation. But it all stems from it doesn't matter how many consultants you bring in, how many. If you then turn around and tell the people that you want to be part of your party that they're the problem with everything, you're never going to overcome it, even though they may lie to you and tell you that they're down with it. You know, like in a college campus setting, they're going to age out of it real quick. They're not going to care. You're never going to make inroads. So we could come on the show and we can get people like I like wrestling too. Those guys are guys are talking about stuff I like, I like beer, I like trucks, whatever it is even if they absolutely reject whatever political opinion I put out there, we don't go away hating each other. They're like, oh well, I'll turn back in when they're talking about and then you know whatever, it is going back to the Western things. This is what prompted me. Ross sends me this story. So you know, Kevin Costerer has been working on this legacy project. And I did watch the first one of these and it just got absolutely savage within the within the ratings there. But and then I got nervous. He wasn't gonna he wasn't gonna keep going. This is the Horizon series. So if you have, if you haven't watched the first one, the first one's out there. They have filmed or are filming the rest of them. And a stunt lady on the on the set for Horizon II chapter two in American Saga I guess is the full name of it, claims this is such a weird headline. Kevin Costner sued by stunt performer over alleged violent, unscripted rape scene. All right, so look, the premise is the settling of the West. Okay, that's the premise of the Horizon series. And again it's a slog, but I am here for it. I'm okay with that. How do you not know there's a rape scene coming and you're a stunt performer? Like, what was what was going on? This is like you gotta how many people are standing around on a big budget production when they say, you know, let's go and action and then you didn't know that was happening. And also how violent is it that you have a stunt performer? This whole thing doesn't make sense. Devin Labella filed a complaint against Costner and his production company. Again this is his legacy project, alleging sexual discrimination, harassment, and the creation of a hostile work environment. You're a stunt person and you're filming a movie that's got a rape scene in it, Like it's it's not a normal environment. The person showing up to go work through nine to five at whatever company you work at, at no point today will be asked to pretend to be raped. Okay, I'm just I've got to be very blunt with this. However, if you show up to a movie and you have a script, I don't know how that happens. It legal documents. The thirty four year old claim she was the quote victim of a violent, unscripted, uns scheduled rape scene, which was directed by Costners. So you have the whole crew there and Coster yelling action. Yeah, I don't know, man, I don't even know the like the allegations here don't don't even make sense. Costerer's legal team says they have no merit whatever. I always want to make sure that everyone is comfortable working on his films. Take safety very seriously, said attorney Marty Singer, who is a Costner's attorney. Why are salespeople sending me appointments? Leave me alone? Trying to do a show here? Sorry, trying to read because Ross's sentenced. I'm reading this off my phone. Costner's team also shared screenshots of text messages allegedly sent by Labella following the dinner that took place after the unscripted How do they word it? Excuse me? Surprise rapes, violent unscripted rape scene. Yeah, yeah, I don't know what's up with this, at which point she all so she sent text messages thanking the stunt coordinator for the for the dinner that night and the work after this apparently happened, and then said a cordial thank you text illustrated with happy heart emojis. Oh okay. Labella previously worked on Barbie American Horror Stories, CSI Vegas, Yellowjackets, and The Rookie. Wait, which the Rookie is that?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: It can't be the old one from the nineties, right, was that the name of it? Where the kid plays baseball? I can't remember anyway, said she experienced shock, embarrassment, and humiliation trying to process the situation. How do you not just like, stop what you're doing. I'm not again, I'm not trying to victim blame here. It's just like the whole scenario is weird, man, especially with a big budget thing, and they have like intimacy coordinators or a thing, and and you're acting, you just stop acting. You just be like do you tap out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know. And okay, so there are filming the third. That's good Again. People bagged on this because it's long, but I actually enjoyed the first one, so all right, well we'll have to see what's up with that. All right? It is creeping up on eight twenty three. Oh yeah, little Cia thing, although it's going to be more for tomorrow, but I'll throw that out. And the moon bats are attacking everything we love. I'll explain exactly what they're attacking so we can make it stop, and we'll do it next. Cacoday Radio program. Ross and I are big fans of the BUCkies. In fact, it was almost a year ago. You literally how many buckets you stop at on your road trip? Three or something some crazy number right down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, and you had to go out of your way to do. I think it was South Carolina, Alabama. There is another one somewhere I can't remember, but it's three.
Speaker 1: Point is you you made a point to go to the BUCkies. You have BUCkies inflatables, but you're all in, right, you're all in on the BUCkies.
Speaker 2: We have BUCkies inflatables for like every holiday.
Speaker 1: It's a little Do you have one for Africa Day?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Nope, not yet?
Speaker 1: Oh wow mmmm but Columbus Days got Nina Penta Santa Mario with the beaver on there right, Christmas, Thanksgiving, I'm say, But not for Africa Day?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Good it? The program. The point is BUCkies isn't even partisan. People go there. Nobody's asking what your politics is. You're there because it's insane, it's crazy. And yet every step of the way when they've tried to open a BUCkies. Remember they wanted to initially put one in Orange County, right, and then like a bunch of Chapel Hill moon bats showed up like we can't have a Bucki's you're there. Gonna have to put gas tanks in. Yeah, that's what they do at a gas station. And they got a lot of them. By the way. I can't remember how many pumps that they're gonna have that they're gonna have at the BUCkies. It is going to open because they were smart enough to move it over to Alamance County. Everybody loves the BUCkies, and yet we have waited this long, there has been objections. They keep having to put this thing off. It's going to be the first one in the state, and yet the moon bats are still not pleased.
Speaker 7: For pose BUCkies rank here in meven would bring up to two thousand cars per hour. Oh no, increasing local air pollution. This is not just an inconvenience. This is a public health crisis.
Speaker 1: What is it with old white women and nothing to do make cookies? The needle point, I don't know, pick something, I don't I don't I don't understand why you're the protester class now. It's so annoying.
Speaker 2: I don't think these people have ever seen a bucket's bathroom, to be fair, I think if you were to drop them in a bucket's bathroom, they'd be like, you know what, I forget everything I just said, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, the energy expended on this, Well, what if they glue themselves to the beaver nugget?
Speaker 2: I would say that's just dumb because then you can't eat them. That's one of the things they'd probably like flock to. They'd be like, look at these beaver nuggets are so good?
Speaker 1: Or the jerky where they have all the jerky there, like, ah, I'm gonna throw soup on this. Whatever they have soup, you could throw soup, and it's Bucky soup. It's probably pretty good. I've never had the soup. I bet it's probably pretty good. But like every step of the way, And by the way, do you think the cars aren't driving by meban I'm not picking on mebin let me tell I just wanna be abundantly clear, but the two thousand cars per hour they're driving by anyway, it's called I forty Unless you live in. You don't stop there. He stop at one of the gas stations. You go to the outlet stores or whatever. Like BUCkies is a destination, but it's a destination for people who are driving anyway. People aren't driving just I mean maybe when it first opens, but people aren't. Like I'm gonna go to BUCkies. I live in Zebulun.
Speaker 2: I hear what you're saying. But we are planning and having a birth. They have BUCkies, so it's going to be part of our brit We're gonna.
Speaker 1: Live in I'm gonna drive over to BUCkies. No, nobody's doing that. You're gonna have a Bucky's birthday party.
Speaker 2: Lincoln wants to go there for his birthday's bucket. Yeah, he's looking forward to it. He's like, I'm a birthday I want to drive to BUCkies.
Speaker 1: I think you should. I think the moment the baby's born or maybe have the baby at the BUCkies. Have you talked to Markey about this? I bet they give you like coupons and stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: And be fine. Like I said the bird, the bathrooms are super clean, so it wouldn't be an issue.
Speaker 1: No sterile environment, boom, have the baby there? Name the name the baby Bucky.
Speaker 2: Well, now you just were in the surprise man, Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Is that if like the middle name, first name and what's going on there, that'd be you. Probably they'll probably give you. You probably have twenty five percent off for life. Can you imagine finding out when you're able to talk, when you're able to talk, right, and the first thing that your first world, your first word is BUCkies, that's another twenty five percent. Your kid could be skating on a fifty percent discount, like you just won the Masters his entire life. Nobody's done it before. Make it happen, and no, no, we got we got angry chapel Hill. I would say mom, but she's probably mom to cats and that's it. Angry about a buckets for.
Speaker 7: Paul's buckets rank here in meven oh up to two thousand cars per hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, the way she delivers that line like she just uncovered you know, I just oh, I just uh, I just the Rosetta stone. Here's what it says. I don't even know where you get that number. What do you tell you mean? People who stop for gas? Do you know the entire you know how many times I've driven from Raleigh to Greensboro, and I have to figure out which eggs and I'm gonna stop out. Do I go to the sheets by the outlet stores? That place is always a zoo. So I go to the one that's got the KFC with the buffet in it, because I've seen some stuff there and it ain't good. Do I stop at the truck stop as I get closer to the Triad if I'm driving over there but before the split the Flying Jay thing over there, maybe I don't know, got a Popeyes in it? Like these are the decisions I wrestle with. Now, do I stop at the BUCkies? The point is, I'm stopping somewhere. I gotta get something. It's gonna be med and it's usually the Chick fil A exit right there, So you stop at the BUCkies. People were driving anyway and you're just angry, and you're like, oh, I got these numbers for.
Speaker 7: Pol's BUCkies right here in MEVN up to two thousand cars per hour, thereby increasing local air pollution. This is not just an inconvenience. This is a public health crisis.
Speaker 1: That's a crisis.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Luckily, when people stop at the light, their cars turn off, So you got that going for you, man. So when we get to the BUCkies, boom, cars turn off. You know, I pump with the gat with the car running, just despite people like this signs. I don't care about signs. Oh I got two thousand cars gonna come and go do the air pollution there. Yeah, but then they're gonna buy stuff and they're gonna go, and they're they're gonna go. And if they got to go go, you know what I mean, then they're gonna go to like the cleanest environment ever and there's gonna be like this is amazing, and they're gonna buy inflatables. All right, somebody just send me an email Ross asking if they really have BUCkies inflatables? Do you want to answer that?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yes they do. And when you walk in there right there at the front, and they change them per season, so you've got to go, you know, for each season, so you have to make a trip for you know, Chris collect them all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. As they used to say when we were kids, you don't half asset mm hmm. So acid answered sir. Get it done. Also, they pay pretty good. I remember looking at the wages there. I look and I understand people are objecting because there's exist there is an existing gas station there, or it's the exit to get home, and you just kind of you get a little nimby. I got that. But this lady's a lunatic and they've been fighting it every step of the way because they got nothing else in their life. This is it. This is the only thing you have to object to a BUCkies. I mean, are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And the premise is so dumb. Anyway, let's acknowledge that her premise is completely wrong, like, oh, it's gonna destroy the environment. No, it isn't. If you're this pissed off and angry, then go go protest Taylor Swift's jet or whatever and have it scrapped, all right, because that's gonna be more damage jets than the BUCkies. Yeah, your whole premise is dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I feel bad. It's like, do you remember when protesters used to have a point or you get glom onto something. They're like, why are we forcing people to go to Vietnam? We're gonna protest.
Speaker 2: Right before they would themselves to roads or throw like soup out.
Speaker 1: Of yes, Oh, you can't separate water fountains Okay, Like I get, I get why you're upset. Now it's like they're putting a BUCkies in. Oh that's it, that's your legacy. You're just out of stuff now You're now you're the geriatric showing up with the uh, the anti Trump which apparently are ARP meet up points. Now, like, what are you doing? Go protest to BUCkies? To Ross's point, the moment you go in there and avail yourself with the BUCkies, you'd probably be like, what was I thinking? But then again, I don't want to encounter you, So maybe I'm I'm maybe I'm happy if you want to stand on the road with your stupid sign, and then if I'm driving a Diesel truck, I can co roll you on the way by really prove your point for you Diesel guys know what I mean? All right, eight forty three cac O Day Radio program. Uh, your call will grab We got a couple of calls. Hang on, We're gonna talk to westerns. We'll do that in the last segment, first race stagic. What's your favorite Western?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 1: About that favorite Western movie? What do you like?
Speaker 3: Favorite Western movie? I don't know, you really do something.
Speaker 1: We're gonna revoke your man card. It's gonna get ugly.
Speaker 3: Could I say Tombstoner? Is that you? Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you can say Tombstone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd never never. I mean I watched the Black and White says that count? No, I didn't know. It's not Blazing Saddles.
Speaker 1: That's a good movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what man? What do you got?
Speaker 1: Oh well, I was pointing out like the we're going back to this thing where the Democrats are like having to pay consultants figure out how to talk to guys. I'm like, just ask a do what his favorite Western is? Connection exactly made it all day. I didn't forget that in the top three, and then uh, there's room to work.
Speaker 3: So yeah that or you know, his favorite Star Wars movie. We could talk about that forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah you kind of.
Speaker 3: What what about favorite movie? A favorite movie of all time? And we could talk about a lot of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can talk about all this stuff and then at the very end, be like, hey who you're voting for? Like I just said about twenty million on consulting.
Speaker 2: I mean, to be to be fair, tattooing kind of looks like it could take place in a western, right or like Mendalorian right.
Speaker 1: You know, there's some great Japanese westerns too, and people don't realize that the man with the name series It's cure stuff that is literally Japanese ninja stuff that was then portrayed into the spaghetti westerns and created this whole genre. Like there's a five hour conversation. Let's exactly yeah, right, all right, So anyway, let's do weather, because guys care about that too, so we do.
Speaker 3: I would like to say there's a whole lot of noth and maybe by the weekend, but we've got stuff a lot of It's the record low high temps for the Shiad yesterday even said Phil came in at sixty seven degrees, tied the previous records at nineteen sixty three of a record called max temp. So it's been cool. It stays cool here this morning, fog around in some spots. Visibilities are down at even a few showers today. We'll continue to see the shower chances after in maybe a thunderstorm. A lot of its seventies. I think we might struggle to get there in some spots. Tomorrow. I think we get closer to eighty maybe above, still a threat of showers thunder showers with fog in the morning, so a similar look in morning tomorrow. Probably more of the same Friday with the clouds and the fog first part of the day. Then I think we'll ramp rain chant is up the widespread coverage on Friday Friday night before the sun comes back. To the weekend and early next week we may go into a three four day run maybe longer milder and sunny weather starting Saturday. So fingers crossed on that. After what we've had this week, a lot of yuck out there, I think people are really going to appreciate the weekend forecast at early next week with temperatures maybe getting well into the eighties by Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bellinger, Now, Jeff, what's going on? Okay?
Speaker 8: See good morning. Stocks advanced at the start of the holiday shortened trading week. The investor sentiment got a boost from the apparent easing of trade tensions with the European Union. The market's also got some help from where the consumer confidence increased this month. Yesterday's gains for the major averages range from one point eight percent two and a half percent, and right now the now futures are down thirteen points We have modest gains for the S and P and NASDAQ.
Speaker 1: Future.
Speaker 8: Shares of AMC Entertainment surge nearly twenty four percent. The movie theater operator had its best Memorial Day weekend ever, helped by the opening weekend for two blockbuster films. Apple is reportedly designing a dedicated app for video games. Sources say new iPhones, iPads Max, and d Apple TV set top boxes will come with the app pre installed starting later this year. Another retail chain reportedly on the ropes that Home Group is reportedly preparing for a possible Chapter eleven bankruptcy filing. Source to say the company is also looking at other options to shore up liquidity at Home With facing a cash crunch before the trade war made matters worse. Macy's posted better than expected quarterly results. The retailer says the strategy of focusing on its best performing locations has begun to pay off. Dick's Sporting Goods also opened its books this morning. Dick's net sales were in line with estimates. We have shares of Abercrombie and Fitch up twenty six percent of pre market trading. Casey, the clothing retailer's comparable sales and profit for the first quarter handily top estimate. Say, and that's Hollister brand did especially well. Casey.
Speaker 1: We're having a discussion about westerns. What's your favorite Western movie?
Speaker 8: I would have to say I'm not a big Western fan, but I did like The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Okay, kind of an obvious choice, I guess.
Speaker 1: Top of the list there. Yeah, I've getting a lot of that. All right, Jeff, we'll mark you down for that. Thank you, sir, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Okay, have a good day.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go. You can even go with By the way, I just want to point this out. You can even go with Back to the Future three. That's a Western, pretty darn good one two. I mean there's not a lot of Westerns with time traveling trains in them, but whatever, you can do that. Plus it's got Clint Eastwood in it, or so, he says. All right, a couple phones here, Bobby, what's up?
Speaker 3: Well, you cope to me because you didn't know where Big Whiskey was. But I thought that's who you named whiskey, the cat.
Speaker 1: I see what you did there. No, no, I would not, because then I'd be calling the cat fat so probably buy shoshowny judging by the footage they use. So if that helps. Okay, that dude held on just for the cat choke, Steve, what's up so well, Josie Wells dying ain't much of a living boy.
Speaker 2: You boy's gonna pull those pistols or whistled Dixie.
Speaker 1: The whole Indianmily. He didn't want to do that, so.
Speaker 2: The whole Indian Peace dialogue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Missouri boat Ride, plumb mad Dog, mean nuts and high plane drifter.
Speaker 3: You forgot that one.
Speaker 1: That's a great No. I think he didn't Ross say that high planes Drifter. I thought Ross said that one. Yeah, No, they're all good man. All right, you can go visit by the way. You can go visit that town. It's still it's like a tourist attraction. The one by the lake there in uh In Pale Writer you god, yeah, yeah, yeah, the one they painted over. Yeah, it's still there. It's just a weird lake right on the Nevada border there. So get a bunch of the buildings there. All right, thank you, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do. Oh, I'm so glad the show's almost over. Yeah, anything that really takes place in the West. Could be a Western. That's fine, that's why you go back the future three is a Western. Look if Diehards a Christmas movie, I'm not getting getting into that. But dudes will talk about that that's a Western movie. It's okay, good enough, all right. Look, I think we accomplished a lot for less than twenty mil today, So good, you know, good luck to the Democrat Party there By the way, I was just reading something saying that David Hogg might have been stealing like lists like uh list to market his pack to and that's why they kicked him out. So he stole a list list. He had that, so he stole it. Yeah, they said he downloaded. I don't know if I believe this. I feel like this is cover your butt stuff, saying that he actss he access some of their mailing lists. I know this because I'm on them. Don't mean to be, but I am. So that he could market his pack and that's why they went after him to avoid a scandal. I don't buy that for a minute.