Speaker 1: Uh, hello, everybody, It is me Cecily Nobler here with Stephanie Wilder Taylor the beautiful mostly just beautiful. I take away your other compliments. She doesn't have to, you know what. Not everyone has to be smart, someone has to be funny or nice.
Speaker 2: She's very pretty good. Let the thing at this age, I will absolutely take that. Thank you, welcome, thank you, Yes, you need it. Okay, today, I guess we shouldn't be this light. No, not for this. Maybe should we do the other thing for no, I don't have the other short.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna start with what we're gonna start with, but that was just to easy win because we're gonna get pretty serious and we should definitely say trigger warning. We'll say it on the thing that we're saying it now, in case you missed the description of the show. Yeah, because this is sure a definite trigger And we waited a week or so to talk about it because it was like too much even for us.
Speaker 2: Let me say, I wouldn't say one thing, which you know, I know is sort of neither here nor there for anybody who doesn't listen to for crying out loud, but on for crying out loud Lynette and I did do an entire episode. It was a Patreon because it was sort of right after this had happened about the story, not all the not as many details were out at the time, and I thought, I just want to say this because this is going to be the same for us. I thought that we were very respectful and like made it. We made it a bigger conversation about parenting a mentally ill child, you know, and the difficulties that it would seem in that And I and somebody got really offended and said that we sounded like to like gossipy whatever. Girls. And I just want to say this off the bat, because that is not our intention. This is we are not Our intention is not at all to gossip about this. It's a very sad story, and we just want to discuss the horror of it all and sort of and.
Speaker 1: Sort of piece some things together we have. Yeah, and we haven't said what we're talking about yet, which is Rob Reiner. Yeah, and I assume you've heard, so we don't have to really tell you this story. We can say though, that we were both in complete shock. Like Steph, it was like Sunday evening. Steph texted me and she's like, did you see this about Rob Reiner? And I looked it up and I was like, oh, it looks like someone was airbeane being his house and it's not weird how our brains do that thing, as though that would be okay, as we also why would that even be okay that someone airbnbat his house and just got like murdered or two bodies were found, Like, also not okay, But we have to I don't know, it's like everything in the world right now feels like so much that we have to make everything a little bit better. Well at least this didn't happen, or at least you know what I mean. And we're like, it can't.
Speaker 2: Be the worst thing. It can't be the worst thing. It was just so shocking because it's like a very big sort of celebrity who's meant a lot to us in our lives, and it just seemed so out of reality. And also the way the story was being reported was very confusing because they were saying that age, they were saying that two people.
Speaker 1: Had died were in Rob Reiner's house, in.
Speaker 2: His house, and the ages of the people were the same as Rob Reiner's age, and his wife's age. But as we kept saying to each other, we were on the phone a bunch during this, we were like, okay, but how would they know their ages of the victims? In least right? It seemed like it, but we did keep going like, well maybe not.
Speaker 1: Well, then a really weird thing happened.
Speaker 2: Now are we going to get into it or should should we?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I guess okay, let's tell you about something that's let's let's take it down a notch and tell you about somebody before.
Speaker 1: We get into because I don't think we're going to say that afterwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, So listen, if you are having a little bit of trouble staying away from like the treats holiday season, and this goes for past you know, Christmas into the new year. Uh, here's a little help for you. Hers Hers can get you the GLP ones or the oral medication to help you cut your appetite, reduce the food noise, all the things. It's really great. It's realistic, not restrictive, and they're going to get you access to these weight loss plans. So whether you want to lose weight, grow thicker, fuller hair, or find relief for anxiety, Hers has you covered. Visit for Hers dot com slash rose pricks to get a personalized, affordable plan that gets you. That's f O R H g r S dot com slash rose pricks for Hers dot com slash rose pricks. Wait Last by Hers is not available everywhere. Compounded drug products are not approved or evaluated for safety, effective, disor quality by the FDA. Prescription Required c website for full details important safety information and restrictions. Actual price depends on product and plan purchase. All right, thank you. That all said.
Speaker 1: So as Steven and I are talking about this, and I'm not going to go too into this, but this is kind of fascinating. I texted when I saw it. I was like, uh, I texted a friend group I can say this, and I was like, oh my god, did you guys hear about reb Reiner? So the I can see one of my friends is dot dot dotting like right away, and I guess I can say this now I say his name, not gonna say his name. But my friend was like, holy shit, you won't believe this. Don't talk about it, which we didn't. I didn't even on the radio the next day, which I was like, should a But he's like, I was at the Conan party. So my friend was like, I happened to go to the Christmas party at Conan's house, and this is all coming in before, so I'm telling Stephanie. I said I wouldn't tell anybody, but obviously I'm going to tell you right right, And I mean, you know I did do that, but like I was like uh, and so he's like, yeah, a crazy thing happened at Conan's Christmas party. And then he proceeded to tell me everything that came out the next day.
Speaker 2: So TMZ didn't new story till later, but we knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I was getting pieces because I was on two different text threads, and one I had said it to a different text thread, and my a different friend who was not at the party, was like, I'm seeing on Reddit that it's the Sun. So that's way before it had been put out on TMZ that it was the Rob Render's son Nick, who we're going to talk about. So when I said that to my other thread, he's like, yeah, okay, I'm just going to tell you I was at the Conan party. The son Nick came in. He was causing a trouble. He got into some kind of screaming match is the way he described it. Maybe he didn't say screaming much, but some kind of like issue with Bill Hayter.
Speaker 2: And then next thing he said.
Speaker 1: Conan looked really like concerned, like kind of looking for security, and then he got in a big fight with Rob.
Speaker 2: And that's I mean, everything that we knew.
Speaker 1: And it was so weird to know it in real like almost real time before the out like news had it. It was I didn't know what to do with that. I was like, well, should we go to the police, Like.
Speaker 2: Do they not know yet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was crazy, Like it was crazy because you know, Reddit's been solving crimes. They saw the crime recently. What was the crime that they saw something? They're just good like, oh, it was the Brown University shooter.
Speaker 2: They found him. Reddit did it, like they traced every step of that.
Speaker 1: So, you know, I honestly was thinking, well, if we have all this information, honestly, I might should call the police. I didn't, but they already they already Jamsey knew, so are the outlets didn't They held it and the reason that they held so we'll get into that. We don't.
Speaker 2: So I have a friend too, I have a friend. My friend told me that, like friend of a friend situation was the massage therapist and this was reported that came to their house.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know this. You're a better friend because you didn't tell.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, it wasn't even a secret. So my friend told me that, Okay, her husband's partner has a massage Anyway, the massage therapist went to the house and they didn't answer. The door was Robin Michelle's messuse, and they didn't answer. So he called the daughter and that's how she got alerted, and she went into the house to go look for them.
Speaker 1: And then the daughter is the one that knew. She's like, that's the suspect. That's who you should she knew was the brother, right, like without knowing, without knowing.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about Yeah, yeah, we won't. I don't think we should describe what happened. No, but I need to make everybody knows.
Speaker 1: And some of the bullet points, I guess broad strokes that Nick the son, which will get into his mental health and other things. But he immediately knew he had checked himself into a hotel immediately. He immediately used his own credit card. That's important in the story for some reason. But to book the best lawyer, I shouldn't say best, the skeeviest lawyer there is that could probably get him off. You know, I think it's Diddy's lawyer, Marty sand Yeah, Marty Singer. So he did that. So I just want to put that in and people can say whatever they want, but I just want to My opinion is like I don't My big opinion is I don't know how mentally it like if you kill someone and if you kill your parents, especially in cold blood, you're everyone that does that is mentally ill. It is not a reason to get off in my opinion. That's just my opinion. But he knew enough, being so mentally ill and so fucked up to call the best lawyer that there is. Somehow he did because you know what I'm saying, Like if you're Charles Manson and you're ranting and raving on a mountaintop, you know I love Manson?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you do.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I just like a great position. Yeah, And I think he's attractive. I'm just kidding. I don't like him, but do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, there's to me, it's like if you had the sound mind check yourself in a hotel and call get a lawyer with your own credit card. That's interesting to me. It's just information that's to me. I apply it in a different way, but it's information. We're going to get into it.
Speaker 2: Before we even get into all that, I just want to say that, like where I feel like I want to come from in talking about this, because I'm not a mental health expert, but I think one of the points that I think is difficult for addicts. Okay, because this guy Nick is a drug addict, I just want to say, like, not all addicts, and it's almost appable, Like the whole idea of putting this there's mental illness, there's also in my mind and this is of course, you know, only my professional opinion as a podcaster, but personality disorder too is a major thing. And to to say that like a lot of drug addicts are not violent people, right, the addicts like they're like they.
Speaker 1: Have a the same with any mental That's the thing I guess the person is trying to make yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: So it's really kind of tacky. It's hard on the community, and it's hard on parents that like to blame the parents and blame you know and people that have family members that are dealing with mental illness, like this is rare, this is rare to be this, and we're going to talk about some things that make me think more sociopath.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent is what I one hundred percent agree. Now, I don't know if I should first like play you. I don't know if you're going to be able to hear this. Hopefully there's no reason on music, right, let's try to think so. So this is on This was from TikTok and this was four days ago, and I think it's the first time that I know. I can't believe I'm going to say this about Harvey Levin of TMZ has been giving very like thoughtful like play by plays of what's going on. Because he's wasn't a lawyer. He comes from like a legal stamp.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: So this is what he said. I don't know if there's a newer one, but let me just see if this even works.
Speaker 2: Okay, not guilty, And this is right before he pleaded can you hear it? Yeah? Now I can't diagnosed now I can't schizophrenia.
Speaker 3: And he was under the care of a psychiatrist in receiving meds. His behavior in the month before the murders, and this is a quote from sources with direct knowledge, was erratic and dangerous. He went to an la rehab facility. In the time before the murders. He had been to a number, but in particular this one that specializes in treating mental illness. It's really expensive. It cost seventy thousand dollars a month. Lots of rich, powerful parents send their kids to this facility who have mental illness. And Nick was there in the three to four weeks, and this is so important. In the three to four weeks leading up to the murders, Nick's medications were changed, and they were changed because he was exhibiting more and more erratic and dangerous behavior. When they were changed, they weren't right and it was making him, as one source put it, crazy, and the doctors were trying to adjust the meds, but it wasn't mosty, and he was getting more and more erratic. In addition to that, Nick was abusing substances, and we're told the substance abuse worsened the schizophrenia.
Speaker 2: So all of this.
Speaker 3: Paints a picture of someone. In fact, these words were used to us by one of these sources with direct knowledge that he was quot out of his head at the time of the murders. So, based on everything I know, is not going to be a case where they can test that Nick did it. I think they're going to concede it. I don't know that for a fact.
Speaker 1: That's basically it. He's just talking about the legality of it. Now there's another one too, where they talk more specifically about the meds and how like, yeah, he was on all the wrong meds. He shouldn't have even been in rehab. I mean, things that you can sort of see in hindsight. But so let's talk about that a little bit. Because to me, even though Harvey's you know, he can be cool sometimes sometimes he is also a puppet for.
Speaker 2: Other legal teams.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've noticed that TMZ is not They're not exactly like objective news.
Speaker 2: Right, But what to me, what would be his take on it?
Speaker 1: Because he wants him to get off on insanity defense, Like Okay, I'll give you, I'll give you an example and then I'll just you say what ever, Like I look at anybody that does something like this, like a Dahmer or somebody who like, you know, I don't know. I don't know what that trial was. I didn't, I don't know I who. We're too young for that. I don't know what the Dahmer trial was. But like basically what he'd said, and I've talked about this, is that he said, don't don't you don't need Yeah, I did it, keep me in jail, I will do this again. Don't let me out, do you know what I mean? Like anybody could say that. I think if you've done that, then that's what you've done. And to your point, like, not all addicts, not all people with mental health, schizophrenia, bipolar, any whatever it may be, it's not a defense. Like if this guy walks. I The ironic part is is probably what Rob would have wanted. That's the weirdest part to wrap my head around is it seems like he was just Rob and Michelle would do we're trying to do everything for their kid, understandably, and I don't know what that feels like because I don't have kids, and I think they just did not. He thought if he loved him hard enough and was like, you gave him enough money, made a movie for him, he'd be okay, but the he wasn't okay right right, And I mean beyond here, let me turn off Hararby because he's still family m but beyond mental health and beyond addiction, like he you know how.
Speaker 2: We were saying like maybe he's just.
Speaker 1: Well not great. I mean, I know you think he's cute, but I don't think he's cute.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I guess. And maybe this is judgmental, but uh, okay, let me read you something. Yes, this is from Northeastern Edu. So this is like Northeastern Northeastern Global News and the articles did Nick Reiner's drug use mask longstanding mental health problems? Experts say drug use may be the first red flag to come to parents' attention when a child is dealing with symptoms of mental illness. Nick Reiner had been open about his addictions, even collaborating with his famous father about drug rehab and family tensions in the semiotographical movie Being Charlie. But in the days since the thirty two year old was charged with murder, I'll just skip some of this, a picture has emerged of a young man who was also beset by mental health problems. I am clearly reported that Nick has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, a complex psychotic disorder. While The New York Post quoted a family friend as saying Nick's outbursts at age eleven were so severe he had to be restrained in bear hugs. Psychologists at Northeastern Universities said people with depression, anxieties, schizophrenia, or bipolar disorder tend to use alcohol and drugs more than the general population.
Speaker 1: There's literal voices if he's schizophrenic, he was quieting paranoia.
Speaker 2: And while the professors said they're not in a position of comment on Nick Reiner's situation, they said that in general, substance use can play a role in delaying diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders, and in very rare cases, they said, drugs and alcohol can tip a mentally ill person into homicidal behavior.
Speaker 1: And remember, he was very high on meth when I didn't know the meth car. People have said that, But do we have that as fat in the work, because I think people are just saying that, but I'm not sure that that's been discussed legally yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, maybe saying it because I've heard it from several different sources. But it says Robert Lehman, professor and chair of Northeastern's Department of Public Health and Health Sciences, said using substances can exacerbate symptoms associated with mental health conditions, such as schizophrenia, and could increase the risk of violence. It's especially the case, he said, if the substance use is heavy and the substances are quote associated with psychosis, such as cannabis and meth amphetamine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then it says that people with mental health diagnoses have a higher rate of substance use than those who do not have mental illness. There's a big co morbidity between those two. And that's what Harvey Levin was saying. That he was in a facility for dual diagnosis basically particularly with certain mood disorders depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder. But we're hearing that he was like this since he was eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, I mean, I don't know, I like.
Speaker 2: It also says starting drug and alcohol use in adolescence, particularly the early teens, also increases the probability of having a mental health disorder down the road. It's a real chicken and egg kind of problem. She said. It's very difficult to disentangle what's going on. It's tough because some disorders, like schizophrenia, we may not diagnose until age twenty five. So the brain itself changes as substance abuse develops, essentially rewiring itself. So basically, if he had some kind of mental health, right, so it says Nick Reiner said he started to abuse drugs as early as age fifteen, maybe to self medicate what was going on with him that we know went back as far as age eleven. Right, this Rageah, so he's self medicating at like fifteen, he's already in rehabit age fifteen. Well, if you have a pre if.
Speaker 1: You're predisposed to like a mental illness like schizophrenia specifically, you know, like it's so schizphrenia one of the things.
Speaker 2: There's lots of things.
Speaker 1: Your neurons are misfiring to different places, so you're making connections that are not really there.
Speaker 2: And also you have an excess of dopamine.
Speaker 1: So if you're trying to like and I'm not trying to be like some genius, it just that was my I was so interested in that, Like I've read, I had, I had a book. A guy came over once and there was just a book called like Surviving Schizophrenia on my coffee table and he's like, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, no, no, I'm just reading. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I mean I could be though, you know, right, survive it, but it's interesting. So I will just tell you really quick. When I first saw his picture, I knew and I think I.
Speaker 2: Told you that.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's that's stay. I know that stare. I know that, I know it like i've seen it because I knew this guy way back exactly like he was in his twenties.
Speaker 2: And I think I don't remember which one is a little older.
Speaker 1: I think males get diagnosed a little older girl girls are usually around nineteen twenty. It can change, but he could be around twenty nine. And I remember like going to do a comedy show with this guy that I was like a friend of a friend's and he was being so weird and he was like looking around and he's like they're talking, they're talking about us, and I'm like, no, no, they're not. You're just high, you know. He was smoking a shit ton of pot. Cut to two years later, he was like fifty one fifty fir schizophrenia. He was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I think I've told you about that, and he escaped and has been like on the streets ever since. And he smokes a shit ton of pots. And the pot is to quiet literally quiet the voices or whatever other drugs. But if you have a excess of dopamine, that's going to make it so much worse every single time, which is what happened here. But then the question becomes like, still we go. But a lot of people have that diagnosis and they don't stab their parents. Because this guy didn't just one day wake up and stab his parents. He's been pretty difficult for a long time.
Speaker 2: Well, this is where this is where I really feel that there's also personality disorder going on. A personality yeah, because so like in the rest of this article and I won't even read you more, but they're talking about the fact that sometimes when you have mental health stuff going on or a personality disorder, the drug abuse is treated first because that's the thing that you see, right, that's the thing that's most disruptive to the family. They're kind of saying, So you send them to rehab and they try to deal with the addiction, right, But if they're not dealing with what else is going on? Then that just keep they it's very difficult to get sober, which he's been in like twenty mental health facilities. But here's something that seems to me to be a kind of indicative of personality disorder. And here's another article, the extreme ruse Nick Reiner invented to score meds ahead of his parents' murders. So Nick Reiner has attempted to claim quote crazy before. So I'm saying he previously admitted he once concocted a plan to make himself appear mentally unstable so he could score medication at a rehab facility. So he told this quote really funny story on the Dopey podcast. Yeah, we'll he'll be playing that while promoting his and Rob semi autobiographical But he was promoting being Charlie. Here's being Charlie, which was very bad. It got very bad. Route. Yeah, here's the quote. They refuse to give me meds because they were like, you don't need any meds, and I was freaking out. Nick, who has been to rehab twenty times, told the host, explaining that he then set out to quote prove he was crazy. And this is I think very weird. According to Nick, the medical staff at Alena Lodge in New Jersey thought his insistence on needing meds was an act and calling his claims fake. I was like, how do I show these motherfuckers that I'm crazy, he recalled, thinking. So I was like, I'll thow a rock through a window. The thirty two year olds who was thirty two at the sime just decided to target a beloved quote meeting room of sorts that had big glass windows. He admittedly quote hated how special the room was to the staff. Oh that's just a bad dude, right, So I took a rock and I started on the path and I was going up this hill and I went and I threw the rock through the window, and some woman saw me and she rated on me, and then they put me on well Beautrinnie, he said, with a laugh.
Speaker 1: That is just sociopathic, Like you said, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sorry, Like this is we're not his We're not I mean, it's definitely a mental health professional and I'm a lawyer, but like we don't know him personally, but honestly, we can have opinions and based on I told you when I started watching like when Rob did the press, he was doing junkets with him for this bad movie. And I mean it was so sad to see how much Rob was trying, like he's like, oh god, my kid is such a great writer. And I never really understood what he was going through until he wrote this and he said Dad, and he's like, you know, nobody else should ever direct this. And you can see his face, like Nick's face. Now, some of that could be the schizophrenia, that is paranoia. Some of it is that, it could be that, but also on top of that, like you said, like he looks bad. It's not good. It's just not good.
Speaker 2: And then it's a combination of things and it's very very difficult to deal with. And I hate the idea that Rob was sort of blaming himself of like oh I shouldn't listened to him. I shouldn't have sent him to like the you know, the outward Bound or whatever kind of they sent him to. It's like, how could I don't think there's more he could have done?
Speaker 1: It was my fav It's so so very sad, obviously so tragic, and I just had another thought of I was just going to say something about like tough, tough loving. I mean, you know, I guess. I mean, what a nightmare for the other siblings. I can't even fathom. And I had a thought but it's gone. But it was something about, you know, tough love. But again, that's really hard. He would have done anything, including dying for this kid, and that's what he did. But the ironic part is like he just everybody's everybody's fucked up.
Speaker 2: Now, that's that.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know how you I just don't know. I don't know if if in any way this can be like a warning, like a a kind of what do you call it when a lesson but there's another word for it, like you know.
Speaker 2: Like a public service announcement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like kind of in a way for people. Because you know, what's interesting, I'll just say this too. There's lots of like people groups on Facebook and places that are forming about like yep, we had one of those, yep that was my brother, yep, that was my sister. A lot of that, and you read these people's stories and they're like, yeah, we had to do this or were we didn't do this in time and we don't know where he is or whatever it was, So maybe it can be a warning for like, but what would you do, Like if if it was your son.
Speaker 2: What would you do? Well, that's the thing, and like, the the reason why I almost started this out by saying it seemed unfair that somebody said we were being gossipy is because, like Lynette, I mean, not to speak about Lynette without her around, But like she dealt with a her mother had mental illness, she had schizophrenia, and they got to call they had to call the pet team back in the day. She had to like call services to have her mom taken away at times where she was like really losing her mind and losing But yeah, what do you do? What do you do when you're like her mom wasn't dangerous, right, you know, it wasn't going to hurt somebody usually, but usually you're not.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that was kind of our point at the beginning, Right, you might harm yourself more likely than you would harm someone else.
Speaker 2: People with mental illness are definitely more likely to be the victim of a vice crime than the perpetrator of a violent crime.
Speaker 1: Yes, but in this case it can't happen. Yeah, it can happen though, and in this case, like, yeah, like you said, and in.
Speaker 2: This case, if he was a dangerous sociopath that so many people were warning about that that's also like how do people how do you know, how do you protect yourself? Well?
Speaker 1: Here, you know what, that's an interesting I'm glad you said that because kind of jogs my memory, like he was a master or I believe he is a master manipulator, not unlike a Ted Bundy or anybody liked that. They knew exactly what cards to play at what time. And you'll never I mean, that's never going to be And I'm not saying he killed multiple people like Ted Bundy, but I do think that there's a similarity in this person like that because they knew exactly when to pretend to be the victim, when to pretend to be all the things. Yeah, because just by definition of what let's say ten but you know, Bundy or dom or something like, they're mentally ill too, right right, right, Like it's just not But also.
Speaker 2: Yes, the idea that he was like it made him mad that the windows that the glass windows were like loved by the staff. That made him mad.
Speaker 1: He was so I mean, he obviously had behavioral anger.
Speaker 2: What did we call that?
Speaker 1: Opposition, opposition, like he had all that, and he had rage, which just caused from whatever. I mean, that's not schitz. Rage isn't from schizophrenia. So that's its own separate thing, like you're saying, and that doesn't necessarily mean you're any of those things. But he had all of them, right, all of them. And if you watch the junkets, like he just seemed, he comes off like a very angry, like rich kid, you know what I mean, Like yeah, dad, and then he's like he doesn't sound I mean, that's the thing. It sounds like he can turn it on and off at will, and that's kind of crazy too.
Speaker 2: That's a manipulation tool.
Speaker 1: And then also at the party, we just didn't mention this, but he was going up to people and going like, are you famous?
Speaker 2: What's your name? What's your last name?
Speaker 1: We don't know what that was about, but that's we assume that's why Hayter was pretty annoyed. Ye Peter, who notoriously has anxiety problems and can't leave the house for days on end, finally leaves the house to go to Conan's big grade, like that'll be safe, I'll see all my old SNL friends. That'd be great. Then he's the one. Now he's the face.
Speaker 2: Of this mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's what we know so far. We're probably not giving you anything brand new, but giving you our take on it, which is super funny. I mean, it's funny and it's deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so deep. I know you were going to get the comedy take on this.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Rest in peace, Rob Reiner.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this podcast and Michelle, poor Michelle gets left out of don't you always hate that too? With like when Gene Hackman, like she you know, he had a wife. She was like an artist, she did shit. Yeah, yeah, totally. Yeah. They were together a long time in fact, just to end on a good note sort of, I guess they met when he was making When Harry Met Sally. Really the original the original ending of When Harry Met Sally was going to be really negative because he didn't want them to end up together. He didn't like that. But when he met her, he was like, he wanted to reshoot the ending because he believed in love again. Really, yes, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: I know that? Yes, yes, yes, it's just it's not that it just didn't test well with a sadday.
Speaker 1: It probably also didn't test well and didn't he also, I mean it was Nora Ephron that wrote it, but he yeah, he wanted it change. So he was like, yeah, I believe in love, and now I want to make the ending, and that's the running in the rain and the whole Billy Crystal and Billy Crystal and Albert Brooks, by the way, we're like his best friends and obviously genuinely truly devastated.
Speaker 2: I think Albert Brooks is just in shock.
Speaker 1: I saw an interview with him shortly after and he was like, it wasn't even there, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, anyway, we uh if you posted, and thank you for being here and stay safe and Mary christ Christmas.
Speaker 2: All right by moving out on Christmas Day? Oh by the way, Christmas, No, this is coming out Christmas Eve. Okay, yeah, very Christmas. But we also have another we have another episode of Cringe, right, yeah, same day. Maybe a palate cleanser. I guess maybe this should be on the day after. We're working this out right now in front of you. It's very meta. We'll see.
Speaker 1: I think I think that this should be Friday, and then we'll leave it up to us all right by h M.