Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Welcome to Games Morning. Is me Jeff Grub, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about Nintendo announcing a weird new game in a beloved franchise, and Xbox's best series gets a new entry that finally gives fans what they've been begging for. Also, we'll catch up on that state of play. We'll get reviews for Ghosts of Yota. There is a million thanks to talk about. It's gonna be a good one because we have Jason Fanelli on the show. Jason, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: This is a pac burrito of a show today, and I am glad to be here. Hopefully won't spill any of that red sauce on our nice new coats. Anyhow, I am feeling pretty good. I am man. My head is spinning with like. So we had Xbox this morning, we had Sony last night. Nintendo decided to jump in. There's too many games to play right now, too many good, critically acclaimed games to keep up with at the moment. Watch your stream a little bit this morning of baby Steps and the only thing that game needs doesn't need much, but The only thing that game needs is a Sir David Attenborough.
Speaker 1: Sort of oh yeah, like narrator.
Speaker 2: In the background where he's all like he's getting ready to go, and he's like the nervous, the nervous ginger neck Beard cautiously hips his toe onto the rock. One false move will remove hours of progress or something like that.
Speaker 1: Really does feel like you're playing as an animal. So I want this real bad. I guess we could just do that. I'll just have you come on the next stream. I'm doing with that and you can what's going on. I'm practicing that game. We are racing kind of funny. I got the movement down. I am worried about where to go. I like, I lose my bearing. I'm like where I should be headed next. And I think you're gonna have to rely on the team there to help make some decisions and get us through that. But it's gonna be a good race. That's that's upf tomorrow, everybody. We're doing it a little bit later, I think we will. We are starting at like, yeah, four pm Eastern, I think is the time that we're planning to do that. Everyone. You know what, Like you said, a lot to talk about so we should just get started and explain ourselves to For giant Bomb, we are independent games media. That means we need your help. Your support is what makes this all possible. You go to giant bomb dot com, slash join, become a premium member. You know, that's the way to keep the lights on. It's a way to make sure that we keep doing cool stuff that you like. We know a lot of you out there are like enthusiastic about supporting us. We see that. Thank you to everyone who's come through. And if you can't tell a friend, let people know about the shows. It's a great way to just help us out. If you are strapter cash, which of course we get. As far as this show goes most weekdays, I Jeff Grob will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on Twitch, welcome always listening to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game mess Mornings or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube, all right, I wasn't ready, ahdi listeners. I took a sip of my espresso there in between. We have a lot to get into. So let's start the morning mess with Ghost of Yote reviews. I think let's see if it's had like an eighty nine on Open Critic right now. So it's not getting me the double points and Fantasy Critic, but it's coming through pretty good, you know, I'll say real quick. Some of these people, imron con pointed this out, some of these names on these bylines for some of these reviews have been on a lot of reviews in this last month, like Silent Hill and Baby Steps and a bunch of others. It's like, how are you people reviewing all these games? It's impressive workout out there. Everybody shots out to the reviewers. Really. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Every single year, this this set of months from like September August to like November is just chock full. And there are people who just go game to game to game, sometimes two three games at a time. Uh, and they're able to get their thoughts out clearly in these articles, and it is it is all inspiring. It is I am honored to be a part, to be among these people. They inspire me to do better work too. It's good stuff.
Speaker 1: It's mostly a young person's game too. I just get too busy in the evenings, and like uh Mike was talking about, I stayed up to five him, like a couple of nights in a row, like really polishing off silk song. If I did that, that'd be the time to start getting up to get the kids ready for school. I can't do that anymore.
Speaker 2: These people have a lot of games to play, but you know what, they don't have children.
Speaker 1: Children make something imaginic difference. Yes, all right, these reviews, let's start here. Eight out of ten from Mikhail higham Over at ign He says a predictable but well executed story. It takes you through Ghosts of UTA's gorgeous landscapes and satisfying fluid action. May not be revolutionizing open world games, but it's a great distillation of the Samurai fantasy. Ten out of ten from Dalton Cooper at game Rant. Ghost of Yota is a monumental world, open world graphics powerhouse, driven by intense combat and enthralling revenge story. In a nine point three from Kyle Hilliard at Game Informer, who says Ghost of Yota does not radically reinvent or change what worked in Sushima. But that's fine because frankly, Sucker Punch nailed the mechanics the first time. Yeah, it sounds like more of that game, and everyone thinks that's a really good thing, that it's more of that game. And I think the ranges here, like eight, nine, ten, that's where you're gonna be with a lot kind of hovering in that nine range. And again, the scores only tell so much of the story. When we do go into the text. What we're seeing as people being like, Hey, if you are looking for that novelty, if you're looking for that thing that's completely new, something you haven't played before, go play Baby Steps. We know that's not what most of you want. Want you want Ghost to Yota. This is the big budget, highly polished open world game that delivers on the fantasy that it's promising. That's I think most people spend five hundred dollars on a console to play a game like this, right, mm.
Speaker 2: Hmm, yeah, I mean this. I loved the original Ghost of Sushima, so hearing that it's the same gameplay the same, like all the stuff that worked, but with a potentially different story or better story even in some cases sign me up. I really like the idea and it's somebody. One of the reviews I read was exploring this about how the first game was all about honor and how that works in the in the world, back in the day of the world of the Samurai, and this person Atsu now is just a commoner, Like she's just there. She's not part of a of a of a regal family. She's just avenging her her family that was killed by these six, the Yota six, And that's an entirely different story that you can tell. I love that. I love that they've gotten two polar ops, not maybe a polar opposite, but very different feeling stories out of the same world that they've built with the same sort of fluid combat that I really really want and I am I can't wait. I remember distinctly in the first game going up onto a hill and just overlooking one of the vistas and taking that I don't use phono mode often, but Sushima I brought that thing up maybe every couple hours every new area I was in, I was like, Wow, this is enthralling. I am looking forward to that again when this hits. I'm not surprised by the scores. I really did think that Sucker Punch had a good thing going. Course, sounds sounds like they didn't break, they didn't fix what wasn't broken, which is good. Now please, thank god, come on. I know it's next week, but now please yep.
Speaker 1: I just at a certain point, it's like, we are going to get more entrenched in these genres and you don't want to break the mold. What's the point? And yet video games are known for that novelty we like. You know, I always point out one of the only things that's consistent in gaming is that then change every couple of years, and genres do grow stale. I think that if you have a big game like Ghost of Sushima, you absolutely need to do at least one sequel exactly in that mold. It sounds like that's what this is. I think Sony's well aware of this, this thing I'm about to go through. They did this with they're doing this with God of War. You have Got of War twenty eighteen, right, that was the first one of the of the rebooted series. And then you make a direct sequel to that, and you followed up and you stay in that mold and you add in a bunch of like you add more, you add more to it, and then back in the day, you would have been like, Okay, now let's do a third one. But that's when games were taking two years to develop, and you could do three games in one generation and they would grow each time. We're kind of long away from that. We're at a point now where these games do take five years. You get one a generation typically, and now people are like, it's fifteen years later when that third one comes around, and if it's in the same mold at that point, people will be that will be diminishing returns. That will be people being like, I've kind of done this already. I'm ready to move on, and I think Sony knows that. So I do expect for the next one them to take maybe a wild swing in a different direction, But for this one, this is the right choice. Every time, do the big sequel that can build on the success of the first one. And that means the success in terms of creating and building the game, but also commercial success of people becoming aware of the franchise and showing up for the new entry in the series, which that first one did super well, especially in Japan but globally, and I expect this one to just kind of be a blockbuster hit for again for the marquee game for the big big console that everyone spent five hundred dollars or more on. Yeah, they're they're not going to sit this one out. They are going to want to get their money's worth, and that's part.
Speaker 2: Of that is playing this game, especially now when prices on consoles are going up. They need a super critically acclaimed, highly sought after game to sell more. It's going to be it's going to be a hard sell. It's a hard sell anyway with the increased prices, but now this people might see this remember Ghost of Sushima the first one, and be like, oh man, and you might get those Fomo people finally to take that extra plunge, uh and get this going to Now. They did bundle it with a console, I think, right, there is a there is a Ghost of Shoes ghost the Okay console, I think.
Speaker 1: I think so there's at least like the special lit hardware, right is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so so I don't know if it's funnled with the game right. So, so yeah, I think if there are fans out there who were waiting for this game, mm hmm, now the time here you are, come and get it.
Speaker 1: And it's very likely in Japan too, where it's like, yeah, PlayStation five is selling Okay, it's not selling quite like the PS four did, and so it's like, yeah, you could probably chalk that up to people waiting for something like this, and again that that franchise really hit hard in Japan. So shouts at the Sucker Punch for delivering another another big hit.
Speaker 2: It is wild that they were able to go from superheroes and fantastical infamous to just because studio right grounded. Yeah, man, they just know what they're doing. They really do. Another blueprint, another blueprint for other studios to copy, if Sony would ever let people, you know, in on their secrets.
Speaker 1: Not that they should, but you know, at the very least, it's like, you know, gives me hope for Insomniac going. You know, it's it's super hard a superhero. By going from Spider Man to Wolverine, it's like, oh, it's gonna be quite a bit different. Will they be able to figure it out? Based on what we saw which we'll talk about here in a second. Get that they figured it some shit out uh. Forts Horizon six Races into Japan. An official teaser trailer coming to PS five later. This is Darren Bontuse at GameSpot is a reminder Microsoft is a target of the BDS boycott call for its involvement in the genocide and ethnic cleansing and Gaza. They make money from that. That seems like a shitty thing to do, uh, Darren here rights. Forts and Horizon six has been officially revealed, and, as rumors indicated, the next chapter in the racing series will see the Horizon Festival move to Japan. Officially unveiled in an GRAM teaser video ahead of the Xbox showcase at Tokyo Game Show. The game launches in twenty twenty six and will be available on Xbox Game Pass, and a statement Microsoft confirmed a PS five release to come later. Playground Games and Turnten Studios are working together together to bring Forts or Horizon six to PlayStation five post launch. No date there when I hear this, Jason, I think six months, six months, you know, maybe even less, but probably around six months between hitting Xbox and PC and then going to PlayStation five. Does that sound right? And then what do you think about, Hey, forts Horizon six in Japan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three to six months is what I had it at as well.
Speaker 1: Three they might be.
Speaker 2: Three might be only if sales are really struggling and they can push the port out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Sourer, or if like depending on like the moments of opportunity, right, if but three months later it's like, you know, dead right before a holiday or something like.
Speaker 2: That, may be anything that, Yeah, that's fair, like if it comes out in August and then three months would be like the beginning of December for the that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah cool?
Speaker 2: Uh But yeah, japan Is has been on the top of the list of many fours of Horizon fans. I'm glad they are getting it. I could have used a little more in my teaser than some person tinkering around their garage and then looking out the window at some cherry blossoms and Mount Fuji. Need a little more than that, please, But hey, you're getting it.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 2: It's good that it's confirmed. So sad that it was confirmed like two hours beforehand because the Instagram abs went up too early, but hey, good for them. It'll be very if anything like the previous Horizon games. They're going to treat that setting with their respect it deserves and make an incredible racing experience, and I look forward to seeing what they do. However, that it's in Japan and it was part of this particular presentation, and we can, I guess, parlay this into the next one if you want to. Already, it's sort of a symptom of an underlying issue I had with the whole affair. But we can get into that when we talk about the actual full presentation. As far as four as a six go, Horizon six goes awesome, let's do Japan.
Speaker 1: That full presentation did include some other stuff. Xbox had several announcements at the twenty twenty five Tokyo Game Show. Jake Valentine at Duel Shockers run them down for us age of mythology. Heavenly Spear got a fresh new look ahead of the expansions launch next week. Call of Duty Black Ops seven, which, yeah, that's a Microsoft game. I still sometimes forget that showcase new multiplayer maps that are set in Japan. That's weird. I don't know something about that. We're gonna be shooting people in Japan this time? Are you excited Japan? That's like, I don't know, fall Out two, we'll get that part of okay fall fall Out seventy six. Camp Cimp revamp thanked the Japanese community in showcase some Japanese made camp creations. I guess that's fine. Then there were supports Horizons six stuff. Microsoft Flight Simulator's newest world update did focus on Japan. Featured twenty three new photogrammatry areas that cover over twenty thousand square kilometers. There's also the addition of a new local legend, the Nihon Aircraft Manufacturing Companies YS eleven. That's always cool. Ninja gaid four highlighted the game's difficulty design, showing us what's in store for us on Master Ninja mode. There was a Double seven first Light announcing a new addition to the cast. Jim O Chan is going to play Selena tan A Senior I six official a Nemo showed us how the games creatures interact with each other and their environment. Just you know, some games just getting like a little bit of a hey, this still exists. Double Dragon Revive, Dragon Quest one and two two d HD remake Fatal Frame two Crimson Butterfly remake highlighted the changes featured in the remake to improve over the original experience. Gungrave Gore Blood Heat is a full remake of twenty twenty two's Gungngrave Gore built in Unreal Engine five. What from three years ago? What are you looking talking about? Hit Man World of a Session Assassination revealed that martial arts legend Bruce Lee. We'll talk about that a little bit as well. We'll finish the show with that. Let's see Hotel Barcelona gets a multiplayer showcase trailer. There's a bunch of stuff in here. I don't know. I didn't watch this fall showcase because it happened mostly overnight and I was busy, and while I was getting ready for the show, I was playing Baby Steps instead. But you seem to have thoughts on it. What did you think of this whole showcase?
Speaker 2: So it happened to air at six am Eastern time this morning when I was home, getting home from the gym and getting ready for the day. So I happened to watch the whole thing. I was around, So I watched it and along with some really cool things like that Winter Boro that Woodland Survival game.
Speaker 1: It looks like Red Red Red Wall that's out November twentieth. I want to say it's out twelve twelve. That looks really, really neat. There was just this whole especially in the first party announcements, this whole thing from Xbox being like, hey Japan, Hey, hey, hey guys, look look at all this Japan stuff we're doing.
Speaker 2: There's Japan Maps and Call of Duty, and we're bringing Japan in Flight Simulator and Japan. Here's our Japanese fall Out six Camp Designers. Japan, We loved you, Japan, Please love us too, Please love us to Japan.
Speaker 1: We really need to Japan. You make it sound like it stinks of desperation, Jason. It felt it felt.
Speaker 2: Forced, just as forced as it felt to hear Phil Spencer and Sarah Bond speaking Japanese. It sounded like what the AI Translations device sounds like when it says the Japanese back to you. No offense to them. I just don't know how they were briefed on saying those things. It just it just had this whole like, we knows our it's our least successful market. We really need to step our game up there. Now they did that with Japanese developers like Hotel Barcelona is.
Speaker 1: Sweary sixty five partners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Capcom's there and Squarrey and exits there, all this, all the things you would expect Double Dragon too, I still associate with it's our system work, so I guess that is Japan as well. But like you could feel it. You could feel how desperate they were to get this market under you know, under some sort of control and not the free fall that it is. It was very very obvious to me based on all of the like and there's no greater sign. As we talked about, why did you need to highlight multiplayer Master Call of Duty because they're set in Japan, especially when you when you revealed them in a blog two days ago, like this is not new information. It was very weird. Now, granted, the flight sim thing, that whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that and that's just that team doing what they do and and coming through and deliver on something they would have done anyhow. So it just that feels authentic. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But but but and also there's a joke for the RPG fans out there, Xbox did announce E eleven y S eleven. It's just the plane that they're adding to flight simulator. Sorry guys, but yeah, I mean not to say these things weren't cool. They were, but I don't know, you could just you could feel that they're like, well, we really need to step our game up in Japan. And this was this was sort of like here's Japan, here you go.
Speaker 1: I think they like think there's a new opportunity because they are not interested in selling Xbox consoles anymore. So this is them saying, hey, we're Xbox, here are our games, and we're gonna let you play them on PlayStation here in a little bit at the very least you want have to wait, look, wait too long? And also, do we think that the reason Ghost of Sushi Must succeeded is because that game went and said, hey, it's a Japan game. Don't you love that Japan? And that worked? Now? Did it work because they were going hajpan or because it was a slam and awesome game that really was respectful of the culture. I think that might have had something more to do with it than being like, there's a Call of Duty level fucking set in Japan.
Speaker 2: Now, I will say this now that I'm looking at this list again, all of the games that did this are either on PlayStation five or coming to PlayStation five. Flight Sim was announced yesterday, Black Op seven obviously, Fall seventy six is already there, and Horizon six, as we spoke about the top of the show. So that that is an interesting element. I had not considered that before. I was too busy watching their pan But okay, so if they are games that are coming to PlayStation anyway, I guess it makes a little more sense. But still, if you go back and watch it, you're gonna be like, oh man, they this is this is not again? Also too, somebody brings up in chat PC has been taking.
Speaker 1: Growing for a very long time. Yes, that's true. The point I think at the the end it feels like panderin and it feels inauthentic because you had a beloved Japanese studio in Tango Game Works that was putting out games that were getting better, like from Evil Within to Evil Within two and then what is the name of the rhythm game. I don't know why, it's High Fi Rush. High Fi Rush was a critically acclaimed game that you maybe didn't handle well with like putting out in a Shadow Drop. Maybe they didn't give it the best chance to succeed, or maybe it was just a bad fit for Xbox or whatever. Either way, though, you shed that studio, threw it to the wolves, and thankfully someone else picked it up, but that was not due to you. You were just going to get rid of the studio, and so all it just kind of feels like we don't believe you when you talk this way about how much you love Japan. It does it seems like you like the money you might are trying you're trying to get, but beyond that, all of the rest just feels deeply inauthentic. Yes, all right, let's let's keep trucking. Here plenty more to talk about PlayStation state of play, recap, major game reveals and updates that include Marvel's Wolverine getting a new look at the gameplay and that's coming fall twenty twenty six. And I remember it was a whole kerfuffle because to me, this meant a very specific thing that looked hard are that looked like a mature game, that looked like that looked like they were trying to like internally, that's how they were describing it. Obviously, that has takes on different connotations, but that what they meant by that internally was we are going to go for when you stab someone, a lot of blood pops out. It's going to be like that Deadpole movie. It is clearly that it is insanely that. I was kind of shocked how much they were going for. Hey, we are not holding back in terms of the violence as it should be.
Speaker 2: You really can't with Wolverine, especially if you're going for the dark, gritty sort of Wolverine. Yeah, you're getting called out as you should be.
Speaker 1: That is for my entire life. That meant one thing, and then suddenly it meant another because Jesus and Marrow did a podcast and changed the meeting on me.
Speaker 2: Uh, but yeah, they it looks it looked incredible, very very good. First impression, I guess second impression technically, sorry, guys, Uh, of what they're going for here, and that is the way you have to do it. We're not in the you know, Supernintendo any essays anymore where you're just walking and slashing and you can get away with not having the dark, gritty Wolverine. If you're going to go, you gotta jump all the way in. And I like where they're going here now. I like Leam McIntyre's logan too. I thought his voice in what we heard was pretty good. People were like, why is the AUSI and I'm like, well, Hugh Jackman was great.
Speaker 1: It's not an actual Canadian, that's all I care about. That's right.
Speaker 2: The Ausse's clearly have a lock on Wolverine. It's just how it is. But no, I was very impressed with that, and it made perfect sense as the last announcement of the state of play too. It is something that people have wanted for a very long time, finally getting a first look at it. Yeah, it really really was impressed by that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. When I was going back and looking for we're talking about them going for that mature rating. It was it was like I was also reminded, like, oh yeah, at the time, it was reporting that they weren't really going for anything very open world. If they do, it's going to be slightly open sections. But this is not an open world game. At least it was not back in twenty twenty three when I was reported on that. I don't think anything's changed there. This is not going to be an open world game, so it's going to be kind of a character action sort of one set piece to another sort of thing. I do imagine you're going to go into a town or whatever, and Wolverine will activate his his his you know sense, his sense is to like track someone down or something like that. I best'll have stuff like that. It's not gonna be yes his yeah, his Spider said, it's weird, he's got that too, and and you know. But then then once you get to that point, I think it'll kind of like corral you back into here's where the action is happening. Just stay there, which I think is probably the right call for Wolverine as opposed to Spider Man, who clearly has all those mobility options right now.
Speaker 2: I wonder if I kind of get like revengeance vibes right where it's it's not open world, but you go from, as you said, set piece to set piece or level to level. The levels may have some some some you know, a lot to do within them, maybe some side battles or whatever, or go into a bar and listen for clues as to what you got to do a little investigative work. But I don't see this, like you said, I don't see this being like Spider Man at all. This has to be a little more, a little more through line, little more linear, a little I guess restrained in that regard, Like you don't want it to be open world because you don't get around us fast, so traveling the world could get tedious after a while. Imagine if you were playing Spider Man two and you had to walk everywhere.
Speaker 1: That would take forever.
Speaker 2: So if they're going to break it up here and do more of like a linear story arc sort of thing with some open playground areas, that's fine with me.
Speaker 1: It's the way it should be. It looked really good. But then they also showed up while they started the show with Saro's I'm gonna keep saying that wrong. I think it's Sarah's George Saras George how sparks new title, which is a spiritual success success or to Returnal. I don't think it has anything actually connecting it to Returnal in terms of its world and lore, but the game is very similar. It stars Rahu Koli, and it's out March twentieth, so out early next year. And it looked really promising. I thought it looked really good. What do you think sooner than I thought? Honestly, sooner.
Speaker 2: I really thought this would be like maybe summertime or late summer, early fall, but they March twentieth. That's awesome. And yes, if it looks like they're as we spoke about with Yota earlier, they're keeping what worked from Maternal and that's the fast paced gameplay, adding more stuff to it, and that stuff being extra abilities or a brand new world and a brand new story with brand new characters, and that seems to be the way to do it. They're even doing it with what's technically not a sequel. You talked about. They did it with sequels. This is not a sequel, and it's the same sort of formula they're not. They're not going too far off the beaten path. They know what works and they're just enhancing that, and that's what you need to do. I hope they can build on Maternal success and make this really, really cool. I think it looked awesome. I was very bad at Maternal. I just could not, for whatever reason, I could not get the the loop down. But I was way into it and it made me really sad that I couldn't figure it out. So I'm hoping maybe this was something will unlock for me. Here rahul Coley's voice maybe will act my brain and I'll be able to get this one because it looked neat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my Returnal, I think is a good game. I rated a three out of five. And my position was always like the runs always felt too samey, they felt routine, and your builds always felt very similar. And yet sometimes I would get a build, It's like it feels the same in terms of how how like I'm engaging with it, and yet it's also broken and I'm destroying everything. So when I get to the next run and the build is not as powerful, I'm not changing anything. I'm still kind of playing it in a similar way. Even though the guns are different, they mostly just kind of worked the same. The next run where I'm not as powerful, it feels bad because now it just feels like, oh, I'm not playing the game as well, and it's like, no, I'm playing it just the same, but the build's just simply not as powerful, and so this run is not going to go as well. And that felt rough, and I think, you know, it didn't help that I'm playing it right in conjunction, right as Hades is happening, a perfect roguelike that just nails that sense of run can be different and yeah, sure sometimes it's broken, but the next one maybe you're not as powerful, but it's so different. You're doing things in such a new and unique way that it still feels like you're discovering things, and then you go to return on it doesn't have that. I bet they will have learned a lot and this next game will address that exactly and precisely. I bet this is going to be a very very good game. They showed some the first campaign footage from Battlefield six. I thought that looked really promising. That game's out October tenth, not very long from now. Oh my god, the games aren't going to stop. Neo three got its official release date February sixth, early next year. Is starting to get filled up zero parades for this is the new zah ooom of the Discolesium Devs game that is coming out. Let's see twenty twenty six and looked and when you say, when you say Disco Lisium Devs.
Speaker 2: It's the actual studio studio splinters that have gone out, since that is the.
Speaker 1: Correct way to put it. Is the studio, not necessarily the people. But yes, I thought that looked pretty promising as well. Very creepy. Those gets have this little creepy edge to it. I like it a lot, Oh yeah, for sure, just like a off putting like yeah, you look at you like, oh, it just doesn't look right. Let's see Final Fantasy Tactics The Evils Chronicles got a little bit more of that game's out very soon. Five days Crimson Desert story trailer revealed, and that had the release date of March nineteenth. That got delayed. That was supposed to be out this year, So that date is kind of informative, letting people know you won't have to wait too long, although they didn't just delay it to like January either. Cronoscript The Endless End. This is a two D slash three D hybrid action adventure. It's a plucky squire like you kind of play a character running around inside a book. And let's see that is out in twenty twenty six. I thought it looked really cool. I got the sense that there's some Metroidvania miss to it, so and I think that'd be a cool thing to see.
Speaker 2: Very striking visual style. If you haven't seen this trailer yet and you're watching this after we're done, check it out just to see you the kind of vibe they're going for here.
Speaker 1: Very cool code van to the sort of soul's orny anime game is launching January thirtieth. The Seven that Deadly Sends Origin, that anime that everyone hates is getting it's free to play RPG. It's launching January twentieth. Everyone hates this show so much and people say there's like some misogyny and stuff like that, but also apparently it's just poorly made. Someone linked me in a video that I planned to watch this weekend about why it's such shit that's always fun. Get Halloween the game from Ilphonic asymmetrical horror game featuring Michael Myer Myers that's out September eighth, twenty twenty six. Although apparently is this the one that also has a single player campaign? I think that's right, but that's weird to me. I think so.
Speaker 2: I think this is the one where they were doing a single player too, because they realized that there are other games. They only have so much leg room before people stop playing and go to other multiplayer games. So I hope there's a cool little single player in this one. Unless they're thinking about Hell Razer Hellila only single player, right, yes, yes, yes, so this might this might have a campaign to it too, but either.
Speaker 1: Way, yeah, I wouldn't know what to expect from that. But yeah, I mean, look, people love these games. Everyone seems to play Dead Dead by Dawn, Dead by Daylight, thank you, and they did. These characters often just show up in that game. So I always wonder, like, what is the appetite for something like this to stand on its own? But who knows. Horror fans always want more, and this would deliver that. A surprise of the show Let It Die Inferno a follow up to Let It Die with the Uncle Death or whatever whatever his name is, the skeleton man with the swirly sunglasses. This is going to be a survival action rogue Light with PVBP mode elements. It's coming late twenty twenty five. Sounds like an extraction. Shoot holy shit these god, oh my god, it's them.
Speaker 2: Yeah three sixteen, when Let It Die first came out, I just remembered I had them.
Speaker 1: They're just sitting over there. That game is still playable. Can you still play Let It Die?
Speaker 2: Because I wonder, I don't know, I know, death for just the one that followed it is dead. It lasted like a week if that. But I yeah, this was very shocking. I didn't think we'd see Let It Die ever again, and now here it is. Oh shit, it's John Dies.
Speaker 1: A weird franchise to come back, but I was happy to see it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first one was interesting. Just climb her tower and try not to die. Let's let's see if it happens.
Speaker 1: Now we're going down a hole, I think, right, I think it's going down and there'll be other people there. I think there might have been in the first one too, but it's a bonanza, like we're just going down. Okay, now you got me as looks like I just punch everything. Dynasty Warriors three remastered shouts at the Kayla. She got what she was looking for. It's a remaster of the PS two classic. Apparently it's a fan favorite. It's out March nineteenth. And then the last excuse me, last Epoch is getting an expansion or something. Yeah. Cool, I don't know coming in to PS five that's over my eggs exactly. The whole time we're just sitting there and Mike was like going on fun. I'm like, oh, he seems to know he's talking about, and then apparently he was talking about a different game the whole time, and I was like, well, look that happens. That's gonna happen. It's a live show. Just sometimes we're going to get it wrong, okay. And then that's like for the major games. There's some other stuff here dual sense controller for God Wars twentieth Anniversary edition worth pointing out people like, hey, well what about that two point five D metro Vania game. I never knew if it was going to be here or not. That game was supposed to come out this year got delayed to next year. To me, that's a game that they announced two months before it comes out, so who knows, like what the date is for that now? Maybe it feels like early summer game to me at this point, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They do a state of play normally in what February issue normally in February.
Speaker 1: That sounds right to me. Yeah, yeah, you can announce it there and have it out by May. Yeah, you could announce that the game awards and have it out in February. It could be any anything like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, that is a that is a Jeff, Yeah, because gotta war Valall was a Jeff Keey special.
Speaker 1: So that's good point Metro, that game is still real though it'll happen. It's I think really a lot of times what happens here is you kind of just get assets ready. And I felt like this game was maybe's supposed to come out before this state of play. So maybe they were just like, let's just take the whole package of the marketing campaign and shift it from here to there. It doesn't need to be in this state of play. I realized it was gonna mess with Ghost of Yota. Maybe yeah, yeah, yeah, we exactly why even get in the way. Pulse elevate wireless speakers Sony branded speakers that look they look kind of cool. They looked pretty cool. You plug them in your PC, plug them into your TV, although I think they emphasized using them with the PC. Do you have speakers for your PC?
Speaker 2: I have two big speakers Woofers over here. I don't remember the brand name. They were sent to me. They were samples, but they get the job done. They're they're hardwired in. They're not wireless or anything like that, and I only in fact now they're plugged into my monitor that I use for console gaming, So the only time they're on is when I'm using the console, but there they go into the PC as well.
Speaker 1: I can do both. Uh, let's see here PlayStation Plus Allan, the Wake two, Cocoon, Goat Stimulator, the Last of Us Part two Remastered are all coming to PlayStation Plus's game catalog starting seven.
Speaker 2: Tech and three, PlayStation three Vision and Soul Caliber three PS two version.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and that'll be in the Premium tier because those are classic games. And then let's see here other highlights. We talked about Microsoft Flight Simulator coming to PS five h grant Orismo seven Spec three update in December. It's gonna add F one circuits, vehicles and new features. Okay, I guess i'd even realize it was F one stuff. That that's something that's probably why they even put in there because F one's having a moment. And then days X Remastered launches February fifth. We are confused about this, right, yeah, yes, in a good way, Like I hope, So, I don't know. I just looking at I'm like trying to tell, like what kind of remaster is this.
Speaker 2: It looks like they're just trying to stick as what I call the code of Paint remaster, where it's the original as much of the original code as possible, just completely upraised with the new code of Paint. I'm hoping that they're using these as a barometer for our people still interested in Dave's X, because if you are all I am, I want I want my Adam Jenison back. I was supposed to have him and they canceled it, so I'm gonna I'm definitely I'm all over this.
Speaker 1: This was cool, and then nothing else really worth mentioning. There was no nothing that anyone would care about.
Speaker 2: Nothing that's mega interesting, No God, nothing from a Man out there or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Worlds, no all right, Sonic Tracing, Cross Worlds, Mega Man crossover content. I got to see it, Mike, you got to see his whole Did it hit the spot, mikey, Oh, you know, we knew Mega Man was coming. Yeah, And so was my.
Speaker 3: Usual visually, whenever there's a second character, it's always like roll or they'll just show zero. Anyways, But I've since I was like three Fellas, I have loved Proto Man.
Speaker 1: I think that Proto Man.
Speaker 3: I think that's the first time I ever encountered that character archetype of like the mysterious guy who shows up sometimes sure, and I'm like, well, that's the coolest person ever.
Speaker 1: Give me more of him.
Speaker 3: So yes, getting proto bed makes me excited. I can't believe I have to wait this game we're plays gate today. I want to be proto man now.
Speaker 1: But that's OK. Yeah, way that is that? That's right. It arrives in early twenty twenty six, Mike, So well, well we will revisit and the second that's available, will play that again, just not on Mega man, I think email me, of course not. I don't even bring that up. How dare by? All right, boy, you're still plenty again too? Oh yeah? Hit that? What's that? What's that? Jason?
Speaker 2: It's like you're summoning ritual. You just you just kind of teaze him into it. You're real man, like a big fish.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk about it. I knew it would happen. I just knew as soon as we started talking he'd be here. Uh all right, we got a lot more to talk about, so let's hit our break real quick. If you want to skip this giant bomb dot Com slash join you get the ad free version of the audio show. Will be right back it's Games Mornings. We're back. Jeff Grubb, Jason Fonelli. Nintendo's first new mobile game in years is a surprise fire Emblem spin off. Okay, sounds promising. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC. Nintendo has announced and released its first new mobile game in several years. I think twenty twenty one is when we got Pickman Bloom. That's the last time, right ye? Available on smart devices from today Fireman the Shadows, which I discovered. Jason got a notification on my phone from the Nintendo Today app and I opened that What is this Fireblom Shadows? What do I know about this? This? Get announce? What is this? I'm got to look closer. Mobile game? Is it a fall up to the Last firemm? Wait, it's social deduction? What are they talking about? Available on smart device is starting today? It's a It's a combination of role playing and social deduction. One of the three allies participating in each battle is secretly a treacherous Disciple of Shadow. Nintendo explained. Players choose to take on the role of either a disciple of Light aiming to find their way through the labyrinth, or a disciple of Shadow. After the initial battle, players vote to determine who they believe is the disciple of Shadow, and the outcome of the vote affects whether the next battle is more favorable or more challenging. People have been playing this because it's shadow dropped, it's available. They say, shit sucks. Yeah, yes, that's shadow dropped. People think it sucks. I've heard nothing of the bad things about it. Now, could that be? Do you think that's people are unhappy that this is the fire moom game, and so they're kind of there's a backlash, just primed and ready to go because it's not real fireingm blim. Maybe I think it actually just might suck. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I think it just sucks. The Venerable Irish game journalist Giovanni col Antonio he had put two posts like an hour after a drop, and one of them was like, I am losing my mind trying to figure out the design plan behind this game. He said, there's three of you and you have to decide which one is the bad guy. Yeah, but if one dies and there's only two left and it's not you.
Speaker 1: You find out you figured it out. That's so well. The three number is really throwing me off here, it's like, yeah, okay, I mean, I guess that could still work. But the whole idea is like work together over several rounds, and there's multiple of you, many more than two, trying to figure out the one or two disciples of Shadow. I guess it would be in this situation, it's I don't know. I probably won't even try this, you know, in that sense, like it's easy to ignore, right, I don't. I don't need to like worry about I'll forget about this game even existing in a week from now and probably never think about it again. I think it's fine that they throw a brand onto a game like this to try to make it work or give it extra juice. I'm not mad that they associated this with Fire Emblement or anything.
Speaker 2: How about you. No, I'm the same way. There are game There are some games it comes out and you think it's held to a higher standard because of the franchise associated with it, which you could see in this case, particularly in Fire Emblems case, because Heroes is very successful. The other Fire Emblem mobile mobile game that's out, but it's on mobile. It Shadow dropped out of nowhere. They may have just been going for the meme, you know what I mean, like this, just drop it out. They know, as somebody alluded to and Chat, maybe they did it this way on purpose. They knew it wasn't going to be up to snuff, so they just kind of throw it out there and let public opinion take its course. I am going to ignore it as well. I have no, it's just not something that interests me. My fire emblem radar is solely on Fortune's we even it'll stay there until that game comes out. So yeah, good, good for you. If if ten people play it and two people get something out of it with the micro transaction prices I was seeing, I'm sure that'll be fine with them.
Speaker 1: But whatever, cool exactly, whatever and cool we have a promising fire Molon game. As you pointed out rightfully, there are plenty of classic ones I still have not played. If I'm really but heart about this one and h and yeah and that fire Molom Heroes game. For as much as it wasn't for me, it's been successful. So then being like taking the fire Buam name attaching it to this, it's probably useful someone in chat.
Speaker 2: There is one legitimate gripe as Scrub mcgrub in the twitch chat points out, we get this instead of the rumored genealogy of the.
Speaker 1: Holy War reads Yeah, man, I don't know. Might in someone's crawl that might sink it. What's weird? I just don't fully understand attend of strategy with that stuff, where it's like these completed things sitting on the shelf, which you could take my word for it. I'm not the only one out there reporting that. That has been widely reported by multiple people at this point, and and that's happened with multiple things now though you know how much they they've finished the Twilight Princess and Windwaker for Switch, I guess. I don't know for sure, but they definitely had a plan to do something with that. Metroc Prime two and three those were ready to go. Now, they weren't as ready to go as Metro Prime one, where it got a lot of work. But a lot of these projects just sitting there for a rainy day. I just don't at a certain point just put it out what is happening. Yeah, I know what you're waiting for money on the table that you're just leaving there.
Speaker 2: It's odd with genealogy, though they could put it out in like the February Nintendo Direct in anticipation for Fortune's Waight, right, I think have people excited. You could have that in February and then have Fortunes wake in August.
Speaker 1: Or said the same thing for Metroid two and three. For Metro they didn't do that shit, No way, fucking weird company. Let's stick with Nintendo though. Resident Evil Requiem gameplay on Switch To emerges from Tokyo Game Show. This is from Ali Reynolds at Nintendo Life. I'm just going to break down kind of the quick version here. It is obviously and noticeably reduced in quality, and yet everyone seems very happy with the results regardless. It's like there's a difference between getting a game to run on the Switch one and Switch to, and the difference is for Switch one you just turn down everything, Like every graphical setting gets turned down, every option gets reduced to basically its minimum. The Switch to, it seems like developers have the option to be a little bit more discretionary with what they are going to turn down, and that means some things are still going to look pretty eye poppingly good. And so I think the end result here so far, at least from the people who have gone hands on a little bit with this game in handheld mode on the Switch to a Tokyo Game show or wherever they're at. I think it's part of Tokyo Game Show. The bottom line is people are praising it. They seem pretty happy with the results so far, and that continues to be part of a narrative like it's possible to deliver these games, current gen games on the Switch to in a way that is at least acceptable and sometimes a little bit above that line. And it sounds like that's where Requiem's going to end up. And if it does, I imagine it will do very well on the Switch with that audience.
Speaker 2: It's an audience that has already proven that they like Resident Evil games, even the Switch one version. So if they're going to bring that plus seven and eight the same day, you get the whole Modern I think the same day, the whole Modern trilogy and one fell swoop on your switch to take it wherever you want. That's it's it's a pretty good strategy. I think that makes a lot of sense. And to hear that it's performing well. Again, we keep saying this every time we talk about Switch two ports, but it's just more evidence that porting to switch To at the current moment is a good idea because it seems to be able to handle it enough that the gameplay comes through. Maybe you turn down graphical quality, maybe you turn down frame rate or something like that, but as long as you're not messing with the core systems of the game, and you can just deal with the fringe stuff. I think, and with as popular as switched To has sold so far, I don't see why you wouldn't attempt it if you're if you're releasing a game in the next what twelve to eighteen months, I would say if switch to was not in your strategy before, it better be soon. Unless you're grand Theft Auto, of course, you don't really need a strategy than just release.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think I think this is great news.
Speaker 2: I was kind of worried after that it appeared at the Nintendo Direct that it might be a little lesser to I should say, a little lower quality than people would be willing to overlook, right, But it sounds that the gameplay makes.
Speaker 1: Up for Yes, it sounds like if you are someone who loves playing your switch to, which there are a lot of people who's like I think we go on the show, we have an audience that says, oh, I got everything. I'm probably gonna play this game in a place where it just naturally is going to look better. And of course there are a lot of people who just love having games on their switch to. Now big part of that is they like collecting physically, and this will be a game key card, so maybe that won't factor in as much. But even beyond that, there's still people who like playing on their switch to, and developers are trying to change the narrative a little bit on the game key cards thing that takes us to our next story.
Speaker 2: Folk Way, Holy shit, Hey, I learned from the best these right up.
Speaker 1: But he's produced, he's on the ones. In the twos Automban is the seven remake Integrate director highlights the speed problem with switch to game cards. This is from PJ O'Reilly and Nintendo Life. As you're doubtless well aware, at this point, Final Fantasy seven remake Integrade is winging its way onto the switch to on the twenty second the twenty second twenty second January twenty twenty six, So boy and we are super super at a few more supers excited about it, especially this writer in fact, because he's managed to start the remakes several times on other systems, it's not been able to finish it. And the build up to the release of the switch to version of Square Enix's Masterpiece, it's director Aoki Hamagucci. Yeah, Haamagucci has been chatting to German cite JP Games. Thanks for the heads up automation. Automation, that's the person that they got it from about those dreaded game key cards, and they basically just said, hey, it's the speed issue. That's the reason we went with the game key cards on switch It's what we heard about from now I can't remember someone else said, hey, it's not as fast as installing it on the internal storage or even a micro SD express card. It's about a quarter the speed of those things, so we simply cannot stream the audio. I think it was Star Wars Outlaws. It was Star Wars Outlaws, Thank you, Sean star Wars because they built the audio system to work with fast streaming media and it just was not something they could adapt for the switch to version on a game card now here. I think it's just like they're going, yeah, it would be a kind of a headache We don't have any one necessarily like one thing that's really causing that problem. But I tend to believe this is something that some developers are taking into account. Although I also feel like this is another way of being like, look, don't get mad at us about the game key cards. Yes, it's gonna save us money, but also it would be a real headache to overcome, and that's not worth it. So combine that with save it us money, of course we're going to go this route. Now there is like a little bit more there. Since this story happened, VGC talked to Resident Evil producers about a bunch of times, including hey, are you having problems with the speed of the game key cards? Did that factor into the reason that Resident Evil Requiem is going to be on a game key card? And Koshi Nakanishi said, it's not a development decision for us, it's more of a sales strategy decision. And I was like, Hey, that's just honest, that's just a manic ab out there and just saying the truth. And I respect that. I don't know if people are going to be happy with that, but but yeah, regardless, I go back to look, if this is the problem if the speed of the game key card is the issue Nintendo, the conversation should shift to hate Nintendo let people install their games from a card onto the system, so the whole game can still be on a card and you can install it. I know people will come up with all the reasons why, whether it's not worth the money and all that. That's fine, we know that, but that doesn't mean you can't ask Nintendo to make that change so that this can no longer be a talking point and you can kind of keep pressing these publishers to be to use gain cards that have the game on the card where possible, right right.
Speaker 2: I think that what people are most concerned about is that their physical purchase will go the way of a digital purchase and be useless after a certain time. It's the whole point of buying physical, so that to have this sort of cloud hanging over switch to cartridge or cards like this is definitely an intentional decision. I'm not sure, still not quite sure, other than just the saving money part, and maybe that's just it just saves them money. As a Nakanishi said here, I definitely agree. I personally am not as much of a physical collector as I used to be anymore. But there are people who are still and they swear by it. So the fact that this is the I get it. I get where they're coming from, and unfortunately, I also get that it's probably not going anywhere. It's just we're just in this. We're in it now, and we're it's it's Unfortunately, it seems to work for the people that it needs to work for, i e. The Bean Counters, So it's going to keep doing it until it stops working. And Nintendo is financially convinced to put those games on those courts, which I don't unless they patent to the court technology. They seem to be patent heavy recently. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Let's set these last couple of stories and start wrapping the show up as we run out of time here. Bruce Lee appears as your partner in Hitman's latest Elusive Target mission available today, Chris Cully and wrapped up this story again. I'll just kind of do the two tld R version. I don't know if I love this that Bruce Lee showing up as your partner to help you track down a new elusive target as opposed to being the target himself. Now I get that the estate is like, we don't want you killing Bruce Lee. I think you should see it as an honor to be killed in hit Man and everyone else, all these other people have done this, all these famous people, Jean Claude, Van dam Mad's Mickelson. They are just like, go ahead and fucking murder me, kill me in this game. It's literally an honor, and I think the estate of Bruce Lee should see it the same way. Now that's me being a bit of a stinky. Buttole about it whatever, I'll get over it. But I just I don't want this to be a precedent of like, oh, sometimes a famous person will show up in this game, but you can't kill him. I suppose maybe you can still kill your partner in this game. I don't know. I'll try to kill Brucely and tell everyone how it goes. See what happens. There's a clip.
Speaker 2: It's a very when the when the So here's the thing, though, all those all those names you mentioned, they're still alive, and they have the ability to make the decision for themselves if their family doesn't want to see their loved one brutally murdered by a bald man. I get it, of course, of course, yeah, I understand it. Am I a little disappointed that you can't get into a karate fight with brustly Just give me that right. I need to kill him, like you talked about this martial arts tournament. If there's like this middle ground where he's my partner, but I still have to duel him in some quick time event karate fight, that's cool.
Speaker 1: That works.
Speaker 2: That's like a little mid middle ground compromise sort of deal. But it's the whole like ventriloquizing the dead argument that I think Fortnite was getting when they had Juice World.
Speaker 1: Is that what it was. It's the same.
Speaker 2: It's the same sort of argument about putting people in these games that have passed on and relying on the estate. The estate is going to have more requests than the actual person might have, and you kind of have to respect that. So I don't know, I like it. I understand where you're coming from. It would be neat, But at the same time, I totally I understand it.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 2: I thought I was hallucinating when they said Bruce Lee, like the actual Bruce Lee but yeah, neat cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like if the other the other solution here is just don't include Brucely at all, and it's like, eh, yeah, wow, let's just clearly this is the solution here. It's not that big of a deal, but it And it's not like that family does not have a history with guns, like and like you can to shoot someone. It's like that just doesn't feel great. Brandon Lee obviously died from a gun accident on set, and it's like, of course that that would be a bummer. All right, Metal Gear Salad Delta's fox Hunt mode is launching in October. I think it's October thirtieth, and you know that's the The fox Hunt mode is basically prop hunt, right, so you can be able to play as a little guy running around a little trash can and people have to find you. I'm looking forward to this. We'll give it a tribe once it's available and play it on the website. All right, that does it for the headlines. Let's get to the poll question from yesterday. I got the results right over here. Let me refresh make sure I have the most recent info. When you start on a long running series, do you begin with the first game or jump into the latest sequel. Twenty seven percent say they are they are more likely to start with the latest game in the series. That made seventy three percent say they are more likely to start from the beginning. And I get that sense from a lot of people. It's like, man, I don't want to play this new one until I play through the whole series. It's not as precious to me. It's like I will, I will play the latest more often than not. Although I get this urge. How about you, Jason Oh, I used.
Speaker 2: To be precious about it, and then I realized that in my waiting to play the games from the beginning, I wasn't playing any of the games. So I finally said, screw it, I'll start it with the most recent one and if I like it, then I'll go back. And I think that that has served me well because I've finally been introduced to like a dragon last year with infinite Wealth. That's probably the biggest example for me as to why it was good to not be precious anymore. But I get it. I absolutely get you want to get the entire breadth of the story. But there are enough resources around now that if you have a question and you don't mind spoiling yourself. You can check out a cut scene. It's the but you can check out a cutscene. You can check out a Wikipedia. You can get the background surface information that you need to understand what's going on, and then live it for yourself when you have the time. I don't recommend that all the time, but if it's something that you really want to know about and you game, there's nothing wrong with it. Just don't spoil it for anybody else's You can spoil it for yourself while you want, don't spoil it for anybody else.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, And it's just the best of both worlds. Right is when they the latest release is a remake of that first game, Right, that's the ideal, that's the that's the scenario where it's, okay, we really can hit this game here, and then once I get into it, then the momentum can carry me forward or whatever. Sure, all right, we have a new poll question. We'll get to you here in a second before we do that. Jason Finelli, why don't you tell people that they can find you on the internet what you have going on? All that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Jasonfinelli dot com at Blue Sky, big Man, Finelle, everywhere else. Most active on Instagram and Blue Sky. I'm been checking the weather like a hawk, but if things clear out and go my way, I will be in Atlanta this week again for Magic Con starts. Tomorrow goes the weekend for the news. For the Magic fans that are looking for the news, it'll be news heavy tomorrow. Their preview panel is I want to say one thirty Eastern, might be two thye. I can check my schedule to the minute if you really need me too. But that's where they're going to go over upcoming sets like Avatar and lore Win. They're going to get into some things from twenty twenty six, which is pretty cool, and then an hour later is one all of their Secret Layer Limited Drops program. There's a panel specifically for that, like where the Sonic Cards happened and the SpongeBob cards happened. There was a random New York Comic Con panel that popped up that said Nickelodeon X or Cross Magic the Gathering, and everyone thought it was Everyone thought it was Avatar since they're already doing that, but apparently not so. I wonder if we'll get more information on that tomorrow I can hear jan activate chan has been activated. But yes, oh that would rule, Yeah, that would rule. Now, the heavy rumors are that they will be of the teenage mutant ninja variety.
Speaker 1: I was gonna happened yet. If they've not, it will definitely be the term.
Speaker 2: No, it has, It has not happened yet, so that's where I think they're gonna go. But yeah, So that's that's my weekend planned. And after that, I have a couple of reviews coming up. Nothing I can talk about at the moment, but I will be sharing all that stuff when it happens. Also still writing news over GameSpot wrote the gallery for the State of Play yesterday, So if you want a quick recap of everything we talked about here with articles to their breakouts or links to their breakouts, go check that out. And uh yeah, man, it's uh, it's coming.
Speaker 1: We're here. We're in the holiday holiday holiday rush. Baby, let's do it. We we wish you save travels, travels and and uh you know what, do us favorite get into some trouble in Atlanta, have a good time.
Speaker 2: But I will get into as much trouble as my wife will. Yes, of course of.
Speaker 1: Course that let's be clear here. All right, can you pull a question, how excited are you for PlayStation fives twenty twenty six, between Wolverine, Saroh's Marathon, God of Wars metro Vania game, and maybe fair Games. Your options are I'll play at least three, I'll play at least two, all play at least one, or I'm not interested in any of them. I think I think next year is shaping up pretty good for places, and you know, kind of in modern context of like where the company's at with how frequently they're delivering games. I think they're in a pretty good state right now and that next year is looking really promising. How about you?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am in the at least three, I'll say Wolverine, I'll play, I'll try Sarros, and I will play the God of War Metrobania.
Speaker 1: So Marathon a fair game, Oh my god, Token four.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm not interested in Marathon. I prefer my art to be original, and I'm not into fair Games because Jade Raymond's going so so if they even come out, if they even exists, who knows is gonna get canceled? Yeah? Yeah, but I will say this. Anybody who answers that they're not interested in any of them is either trolling or just a fuddy duddy, because that there's some good stuff there.
Speaker 1: Wolverines, Sarah's, there's stuff. How could you not like any of that? There's variety, right, it's not just like one note games. It's like, Okay, you don't like big action, narrative driven games like Wolverine, I guess I get it. Like maybe maybe there's something else for you, like a Saros, which is such an action pack game. Like, yeah, you're right, it'd be weird to be not to not be at least hopeful for some of these games to really hit you hit your mark. All right, we have to talk about Let's see here, let's tell people what's happened on Giant Bomb as we get the results of this pull on game. This morning's tomorrow, later today, actually really soon after this show, we'll get set up for Sonic Crossworlds racing. We're gonna play some of that. Let me take a look at the calendar here, So what else we have going on? Let's voicemail Dump Truck will be later and then tonight at five pm Eastern, Mike is gonna do Hades two through the night to play about fourish hours of that game for everybody. We did say on the calendar that would be tomorrow. No, it's tonight, tune in tonight. He wanted to play it on launch day and he just thought Friday was the launch day. Again, it happens tomorrow. We back get with game Best Mornings. We'll have that upf Baby Steps race with kind of funny in between. There might throw in some some other stuff. Maybe we'll practice more baby Steps so we're ready. Or Blipo. I still intend to play b Blippo on the site. Maybe get some hot people together and we'll play that. That'll be a good time. I don't help us all a lot of games, all right, Jason Finelli, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it. Always a pleasure, my friend anytime. Oh yeah, there's the Disco Discord Disco Discord Downtown Hall at four pm as well. If you're a premium member, be sure to go. Like, just say I'm interested and you'll get a notification of when we're going live for that, so premium members get in there. We'll be ready for some questions. Okay, Thank you everybody for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye. Sorry tigers MHM.