Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Hello, when welcome to boost your brain power. I'm your host, doctor Eric Kaplan. We're going to talk about headaches and busyness and the best holistic, natural ways to take care of these problems without using medicine or even you know, vitamins and supplements and you know, making sure that we don't cover up symptoms with pills, but actually get to the root cause of the problem. Don't come to me if you want prescriptions, If you just want a pill to take to fix your headache, to fix your dizziness, That's not what we do. You know, if you have a sleeping troubles I don't give you a sleeping pill. If you have anxiety, I don't give you an anti anxiety pill. But what I do is teach you how to get to the root cause of it and then you can actually re Why are your brain in a process called neuroplasticity to make your brain stronger and stronger and decrease your symptoms so you feel better, function better, and have a better quality of life. Now let's go over the basics first. The basic thing with headaches is hydration. You gotta stay hydrated. It's basic. But you gotta do it, all right. Everyone's so, I know, I gotta drink water, but are you doing it? And are you doing it the right way? The right way is to do it on an empty stomach. You don't want to drink water with your meals. That's not good. That actually makes it harder to digest. You always want to drink your water and an empty stomach. So first thing in the morning is the best time to do it. Drink two glasses of water, put a pinch of pink tume lene salt that's called salleet water, or you could do Celtic salt. That's good too. I like to squeeze some lemon for some flavor, and you do two glasses of water and an empty stomach right away. It's the first thing in the morning. And you want to do a half hour before each meal. Remember on an empty stomach, So a half hour before the meal is perfect number one. It also lubricates the intestinal pathway to make your digested food go through a lot easier. But it also prevents you from over eating as well, helps with weight loss, helps with detoxification. You know, there's nothing better than drinking water on an empty stomach. But always remember to get the minerals. Do the salt that helps to pull the water into the cells to make sure the hydration is efficient. You know, if you drink something like distilled water that doesn't have the minerals, it's not going to be as good. It's not gonna be utilized as properly as it would if you had salt in it. You need the minerals, but not through gatorade or pediolite or you know, other these commercial types of stuff, because that's not going to be healthy for you. A lot of it's sugar and food dyes and artificial flavors and chemicals. So stay away from, you know, the stuff that you're going to get at the convention on supermarket. So we gotta do hydration. You're supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces. If you weigh one hundred and fifty pounds, you gotta drink seventy five ounces of water a day. You should be able to drink water at the end of the night and sleep throughout the whole night without having to urinate if your systems are efficient. Something that actually makes you urinate during the night is not drinking water at night, but it's eating late at night. So the last meal you want to have is four hours before bedtime. So if you're going to bed at ten pm, you want to be done eating by six pm. That gives you four hours to fully digest your food and then you're gonna have a better sleep and then you have more energy in the morning as well. Getting back to the water, half your body weight and ounces. And also what are you drinking your water in. Are you drinking it in a glass? Great? But is it coming out of plastic? That's not good. I don't want to see plastic water bottles because that leaches into the water and then you're actually drinking plastic. It's kind of scary. You know, the average American drinks about a credit card size worth a plastic every year, so we don't want to be adding plastics. So you drink from glass. And you can get a glass water bottle to travel with, or you can get a stainless steel those are the two best. So you want to drink your water and glass stainless steel. Make sure you got the salt of the electrolytes, Squeeze a little lemon for some flavor, and you're good to go, as long as you're drinking it on an empty stomach and drinking happier body weight and ounces. That can help prevent many many headaches. If you on your period, you have to drink more because you're losing a lot of fluid. If you work out a lot and you sweat, you got to drink more water. Right. If you threw up or have diarrhea, you got to drink more water, all right. So it's always depending on what's going on in your life as well, but basically half your body weight in oalysis. That's part of the basics. Number two basics. Got to stay away from the screens, stay away from the computer, the iPhones, the iPads. We want to stay away from the smart TVs, especially at night. That's very bad for your head. So at night we want to use blue light filter glasses. If you have to use the computer, the best time to do it is in the morning and in the early afternoon when the sun is out, so you know, just to make sure we get our cortisol high at the appropriate times. It's actually better to use the computer in the morning and the early afternoon, and then it's better to unplug in the evening. So if you have to do it for your job, get it all done early during the daylight hours and during night. Now you turn off the electronics. If you have to use it at night, use your blue light filter glasses. These are glasses. They look pretty orange, and what they do is they filter out the blue light, which is the light that is going to stimulate cortisol, which is the stress hormone that's going to be no good. That deposits belly fat that creates stress, anxiety, that creates adrenal fatigue, that creates insomnia, sleep deprivation. So there's a lot of issues. You know, you don't have to use a c PAP because you have sleep apnea. But if you get to the root cause, then you can rewire your brain and then you're not treating not only with medicine or surgeries, but not wearing machines either. The good thing is your body can function properly. You just got to do the work. My job as a functional neurologist is to teach you what you need to do, but you're the one that's got to go home and do it. Okay, But education is key. Knowledge is power. So you have this knowledge to be that top one percent. You don't want to be like the other ninety nine percent. Right, what's the other ninety nine percent doing in America? There they're waking up, they're drinking coffee, They're going to work, stressed out. Then they go home, eat a big dinner late at night, then have a snack on the couch while watching the news or some you know horror movie or some you know crime, or some zombie apocalypse. You know, it's like it's never good, and then they'd go in bed. That's a stressful way to live. That's why I said to unplug at night. You don't have any electronics at night. It's gonna take a lot of that pressure off your head. Okay. Also, people are such a sedentary lifestyle now, everybody's at the computer all day, so you gotta take breaks. It's the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds, you look twenty feet away, and then you do a twenty second exercise. But it's just walking twenty feet, sitting to standing twenty times, twenty jumping jacks, twenty push ups, twenty sit ups, twenty lunges. I don't care what it is, but just move that body for twenty seconds. Get off that chair. You gotta get up right. Sitting is the new smoking, So get up off the chair and do a twenty second exercise. I don't care if it's just walking to the kitchen, filling up your glass of water and then coming back because you know in a half hours lunchtime, right, that counts, But just get up and move. I don't care if it's just walking around your desk for twenty seconds, but do something right. Every twenty minutes. You get up for twenty seconds, you look twenty feet, do second exercise, and then you can go back to work and you'll be so much more productive. You'll be better focused. But it'll help prevent headaches, dizziness. Those screens are really bad for our brains. We're three dimensional. We want to see depth perception. We want to hear sounds from all movements, we want to see things from all over the room. We want to touch things. But the screen takes away all of our senses. It's really unhealthy for your brain. So you've got to purposely do these things to keep your brain strong, and you'll be more productive at work by taking these breaks. So we really have to prevent headaches. If you already have headaches, start doing some of these shoulder rolls. These are you know, where you roll your shoulders back, look up, roll back. I call it the wallnut. You want to a wall up between your shoulder blades and your scapula. Try and crack that wallnut with these big shoulder rolls looking up. Very good for your posture. And if you have what's called a stress headache where the muscles in the back of your head are so tight and and spasm that they're pulling on your head, that's gonna help. You might not have a good curve in your spine, so you might have to take a towel, fold it in half, roll it up, put it under your neck, let your head lie over it to create a curve in your neck. Many people with these stress headaches don't have a good curve in their neck. They have a straight neck or a military neck. And we want to have a nice sea curve. So we got to get that sea curve by doing the towel roll. You just lie on the ground, your heads on the ground, your upper backs on the ground and the towel is rolled up underneath your neck to get a nice sea curve in your neck. Your ear should be directly above your shoulder. Most people these days their ears are in front of their shoulder. It's called a forward and talgia. So we don't want our heads in front of our shoulders. We want our ears right on top of the shoulder. That is proper posture. So you have to work on your posture. You might need to do physical therapy. You might need manipulation of your bones. We do all that in our offices a Caplin Brain and Body. We have one office in Bergen County, New Jersey. We have another office in New York City in the West Village in Manhattan, where we check you for headaches and dizziness, including stuff that is related to stress, headaches, posture, muscles, nerve compression, skeletal misalignment, and forward and touchip more. When we come back from the.
Speaker 3: Break doute this boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan Brainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to boost your brain power. I'm your host, Doctor Eric Kaplan. So if we want to prevent headaches and dizziness, we have to get to the root cause of the headaches. There's always a different cause. You know, it's not just one cause. That's why you know, taking a tile and al or an aspirin an abol that's not gonna fix it because there's so many different types of headaches. You know, it might alleviate some of the symptoms temporarily, but then you gotta keep taking it over and over and over again. It's much better to get a permanent fix. So to get a permanent fix you have to understand where it's coming from. One of the headaches is a stress headache. That's when the muscles are all strained and they're pulling on the back of your occiput. For that we require physical therapy, manipulation of the bones, manual traction, postural therapy. There's a lot that needs to be done. We can figure it out, or you can have it's called a cervicogenic headache. That usually comes from the atlas, which is the top bone in the neck might be shifted over to the right or to the left, but that can affect a lot of stuff, even the arteries, the revertible artery, So we want to make sure that that top bone in the neck which holds your head is in the right position. Sometimes it's the oxis that's the second bone in the neck that's you know, closely related to more rotation. So a lot of people have difficulty with rotation in their necks and they're getting headaches. Might have an issue in that access or sometimes it's that transition that's C seven and T one. So there's all different types of the cervicogenic hennach. But we have to do proper evaluation, so we could figure out where it's coming from. We're going to give a gift at the end, so just make sure you stick around. I'll tell you about that. So besides a cervicogenic headache or a stress headache, you can get a migraine headache. A migraine headache will typically be behind one of your eyes. It'll be really like a sharp pain behind the eye. There'll be light sensitivity, sometimes sound sensitivity. There might be some nausea if it's really intense. Patients even throw up. That's really intense, you gotta lie in a dark room for twenty four hours with no lights, no sound, only leaving to go to the bathroom to throw up. Those are severe migraines. We help patients that's severe. There's actually a cool technique it's called insul filtration technique where we blow air into the ear in the middle of a ten out of ten migraine and within one minute can reduce it to a zero out of ten. It's pretty amazing. People come in literally even throwing up in the bathroom with big sunglasses and big headphones to decrease any light sound. And we take this little instrument and I blow air into the ear and I have this way where this method that we've been taught to reduce the headache pretty quickly. But it's got to be at a certain angle, certain speed, a certain amount of repetitions. It's very important, you know, to do it the correct way, or else it can actually cause more damage. We don't want to do that. But when we do in the office for a migraine, it has worked one hundred percent of the time. Now, it won't work if it's a cervicogenic headache, it won't work if it's a stress headache or a migraine or attention headache, but it will work for a migraine. Only for a migraine, all right. But it does work pretty amazingly. There's only about I don't know, fifty to hundred people that do it in the whole world actually, but it's pretty cool technique. So if you ever have a migraine, just call my office and we can get you in. Literally just takes a minute, so even if you're not on the schedule, we just get rid of it right away, all right. So that's something to look forward to, knowing that there's a technique out there that can get rid of it so quickly. So you don't have to sit in that dark room all day, you don't have to be throwing up, you don't have to be the lights off. You know, you can get rid of that migraine. Now, that's not prevention. So most of the time I'm talking about prevention, right, that's not prevention. That's just get getting rid of the migraine on the spot. So we never do that if you don't actually have a migraine. But more importantly, after we do get rid of that, okay, we come back later and then we figure out where's this migraine coming from. Now, migraines are caused by decrease oxygen into the brain or you know, behind that eye. How do we know we're not getting enough oxygen or blood flow? You know, we do this red saturation test. It's pretty cool. So it's measures, Okay, is the blood getting to that back of that retina? And you just literally hold a piece of paper. You can do it on the computer as well, and you cover the right eye and you say, okay, how red is it? And then you cover the left eye. Okay, how red is it? Keep doing that right eye, left eye, right eye, left eye, and usually the patient will know if there's an issue. Okay, this one looks a lot brighter, it looks a lot more vibrant. Or sometimes they'll say, okay, this one looks more dull. It looks like it's been through the wash a few many two times, not as strong as the other side. And then then we know, okay, one side's not get enough oxygen and blood flow. Typically you know it might be the side of the migraine. It's pretty common to see there. And we can also look in the eyes, look at the blood vessels, and look at the arteries in the veins. Eyes are so cool because you can actually see the arteries in the veins in the eyes. There's no other place where you could see the arteries in the veins without actually cutting open the body. So this is pretty cool stuff. You actually look in the eyes and we could see the ratio of the veins to the arteries. And what we don't want is for the veins to be twice as big as the arteries. We call that a VA ratio. You don't want a two to one VA ratio. You want a one to one or a five to four. But basically we just say a one to one ratio. But if we start seeing the veins are blowing up. That's not good. It's gonna be an issue. And the blood vessels, it's too much pressure in there. Because the veins are a little bit more elastics, so they're more susceptible to pressure. They so they'll they'll blow up bigger than the arteries. They're a little bit tighter, a little bit harder to blow up. But we can see that in the eyes. I'm gonna, you know, help analyze that and see if that's related to the migraines. And then we got to take care of that. We're gonna get more blood flow, more oxygen. Sometimes we need hyperb oxygen chamber therapy. Sometimes we need, you know, an oxygen concentrator. Sometimes we need to do breathing exercises. Everybody, you know can start doing breathing exercises on your own right now. Which is the best breathing exercises to inhale for four seconds, hold it for seven seconds, and exhale for eight seconds. And then as you do that and you build your lung capacity, then you start to count slower. So you know, you count, but keep the ratio because you always want to exhale twice as long as you inhale, but as you want to progress, start counting slower so you can get more of an inhale, more of a hold, and more of an exhale. The more you exhale, the more carbon dioxide you get rid of. If you get rid of carbon dioxide, then you're going to create a less acidic environment. And all disease loves a cidic environment. I don't care if it's heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, lung disease, liver disease, kidney disease, adrenal issues, thyroid issues. They love acidic environment. So you want to keep your environment alkaline that while you increase oxygen and you decrease carbon dioxide, and you share that carbon dioxide to the trees and the plants, and you know, it's a symbiotic relationship. We give Mother nature carbon dioxide and then they give us oxygen to breathe. Okay, So it's very important to inhale for four seconds, hold it for seven seconds, and exhale for eight seconds. And we talked about the posture before. The posture is going to help you to breathe. If your shoulders are rolled in and your heads down, your lungs aren't gonna expand properly, So you gotta keep that posture upright, keep that chin up, keep those shoulders back, keep those shoulders relaxed. You don't want to breathe through your shoulders. You want to breathe through your diaphragm. Diaformatic breathing. When you inhale, push your belly down and out like you're a pregnant woman, and then when you exhale, it should come in and squeeze that carbon dioxide out. So when you inhale, the belly goes down and out, when you exhale comes back in right, and then you're inhaling for four seconds, holding it for seven seconds, exhaling for eight that'll also help build your core stability. You know you want to get that six pack in your abs, start doing a lot of these breathing exercises. Contract those abdominal muscles. Do that diaformatic breathing. It's very important if you want to get the proper oxygen. If you have migraines, you know you need oxygen into that brain. Now. A lot of times you're getting these migraines because it's from your autonomic nervous system, which is responsible for constricting and dilating your blood vessels, and a lot of that's controlled by your vegus. Nerve controls your heart rate. So if you feel these heart beats or you know, if you see that caronic pulse pressure too big, you see a beating in the neck or a forehead and stuff like that. So that means, you know, if you have autonomic nervous system problems because it's not pumping properly and then there's too much pressure in there and we'd see that in the eyes as well. But to understand that you need a proper neurological evaluation, and a gift we're giving to you is a one on one evaluation with me, doctor Kaplan, where we do we check your blood pressure, We check your pulse rate, We check your oxygen levels that listen to your lungs, your gut. We check out your memory, your posture, your alignment. Seeing where those headaches are coming from, and they come from, you know, muscle tension. Are they coming from, you know sinuce problems. Are they're coming from your high blood pressure? Are they coming from allergy? That theyre coming from? Nutritional deficiencies you have autoimmune disease, so we do this one on one. Uh. It's a really cool evaluation takes about forty five minutes. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people that call, text or email you can get it for only twenty one dollars and we'll review all your history and come up with your health goals. All you have to do is call or text six four six two two one, six seven three eight, or you can email info at Caplinbraininbody dot com for more information about our practice, visit our website caplindc dot com, or you can join our social media. We have Facebook at Caplin Brain and Body, and we also have Instagram at Caplin Brain and Body. And we also have a YouTube channel. You can subscribe and like and comment Caplin Brain and Body. This is doctor Eric Caplan. You're listening to goost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan, and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power. There are many types of headaches. We want to look at the some of the least common headaches. Most people think about everything as being a migraine, and we said, migraine it's gonna be when you're not getting oxygen and blood flow. That's behind the eye. It's sharp shooting pain behind one of the eyes. You're gonna get naise, you're gonna get light sensitivity. Those are no fun. Now there's a different type of headache called a tension headache. That's usually gonna be around the temples. And that occurs a lot of times when you're you know your blood pressure is too high. Now you get this tens and sometimes you feel pulsating to the beat of your heart. Some people say, I feel like their heads squeeze. Our head's gonna explode. It's a tention headache, all right. Gonna reduce your stress levels, that's for sure. How do you do stress levels? Got to exercise. It's gonna make your heart more efficient. It's not gonna have to work so hard. Might have to do some meditation, practice mindfulness, do those breathing exercises. Maybe take on taichi, some relaxation yoga type of technique, or some spirituality. You know, join some Buddhist type of group, or go out in nature. Be one with nature. I don't care if it's cold. Put on a hat and gloves and a coat and you go out in nature. You want to feel nature, you want to touch nature. You want to be out in the sun. You want to breathe the oxygen in the air. You want to hear the birds chirping, you want to look at the deer. Be in nature. It's very powerful for your brain. If you're by a beach, that's the best the salt water air. Putting your feet in the sand doesn't get more therapeutic for your brain. You got to be in nature. Reduce your stress levels. Okay, maybe you gotta go to bed early. If you're staying up late and you're on the computer and you're scrolling, and you're on social media, and you're watching TV, and you're listening to the news, and you're, you know, in stress mood, that's not good. You're not gonna good night's sleep. You got to be a good environment. You're The most common time for a heart attack or stroke is Monday morning because there in stress mode. Tension, headaches are early signs. You must intervene now and prevent future problems. Don't wait till you get the heart attack or a stroke to then start working at it. It's too much damage has been done. You gotta prevent it. You gotta eat healthy. What's the worst thing that's going to cause an increase in cholesterol and blood pressure. Dairy products, pizza, ice cream, cakes and cookies, pastries, this Christmas stuff. Gotta stay away from it. You don't want to be like drinking milk and eating cookies that's not good. Cereal and milk is not a healthy breakfast. A aagle and cream cheese is not a healthy breakfast. Toast and butter is not a healthy breakfast. A croissant with jelly is not a good breakfast. Don't be in this breakfast mindset, and even worse, just having a coffee drain your adrenals. Have something healthy in the morning, something colorful. Start off with a fruit salad as an appetizer, and then and don't be in that breakfast mood. You could literally have a piece of grilled chicken for breakfast. You could have a piece of fish for breakfast. You don't have to have just eggs for breakfast. I don't know why people just have to have eggs and bread for breakfast every day. It's ridiculous. I mean, yeah, you can have you know, eggs one day, a little piece of chicken one day, little piece of fish one day. Yeah. Fine, you can have maybe bacon one day, maybe sausage one day. But you know, you put in some vegetarian meals and more vegetarian meals where it's just the colorful fruits and veggies and nuts and seeds. You know, back in the day when we were hunt together, as you weren't catching meat every day, so you shouldn't be eating meat every day. It should be a special surprise or more just like a little topping, you know, for lunch of salad. You know, it's more vegetables than anything else. And if you want to, you know, sprinkle a little chicken on there, fine, but use that as more of like a topping. That is the main course. So try and you know, reduce some of this animal consumption. The thing is too you don't know what's this animal going through. If you eat an anxious animal, you're going to become anxious. If you eat depressed cow, you're going to be depressed. Cows are very emotional sensitive. If you separate them from their family, they're gonna get all depressed. Then you're gonna get depressed. They don't exercise, it's gonna cause you to be fat. If these cows are fed genetically modified corn or just horrible diet meat, or even sometimes they feed them meat, then you're gonna be sick. If you were a cow that's full of steroids or a chicken, you're taking those steroids. If they're taking the antibiotics, you're taking the antibiotics. If you're eating an animal that's taking hormones, you're taking the hormones. You are what you eat. So if you eat a depressed cow, you'll be depressed. You eat a caw that's on hormones, you're taking hormones. I think these these kids are getting there a period at nine ten years old now because they're eating all these foods that are full of hormones. They don't tell you that there's a lot of poisons there. They don't tell you about. You got to be careful what you put in your body. I mean, I have one of the you know, we're getting a lot of patients now from you know, side effects even some of the covid immunizations where we're getting these burning mouth syndromes, We're getting these welts on their body, We're getting these rain fogs, these chemical sensitivities, these autoimmune conditions. You know, we gotta be careful with what we put in our body. But we're helping these people get their lives back to normal through neuroplasticity and doing these healthy habits. So the good news is there's hope, but you gotta be careful. You know, if you have high cholesterol and you take lipitour, one of the side effects is the right So I have a lot of people coming to me with dementia. We had to get their cholesterol better so they don't have to take these statin drugs which affect their brain function. You know, we see a lot of people that are taking antibiotics a lot, but sometimes the antibiotics kill the good bacteria in your body, and that good bacteria is your best defense against the bad bacteria, and then you're more likely to be sick in the future. So even though it might have helped you short term, in the long term, now the gut what's called the microbiome is depleted, and that affects the immune system. That affects the digestive system. More likely to get you know, stuff like chrome's colitis, IBS, acid reflux, gastritis, sillyac disease. So we see a lot of these intestinal issues, but some of them are caused by side effects of the medication. A lot of people get ant acids, you know, when they have acid reflux or girt. But then when you take away the acid, now the stomach acid is depleted and they're not going to break down their nutrients and they become anemic. And now it's like, oh, now we got to deal with the anemia. And so it's like, that's why I'm dealing with anemea. We gotta get to the way, where's this anemia coming from? Is it because you're not eating food properly? Probably not. There's very few nutritional deficiencies in America. We have so much food, you know, we're not in these third world countries, we're not seeing you know, we get scurvy, which is that vitamin C deficiency. And you know, a lot of these anemias aren't because they're not getting enough food in their diet and nutrients in their diets because they're not absorbing properly. But sometimes it's a side effect of the ant acid. Now I can't break down my food properly. It's also the acid helps to kill viruses, bacteria, yeast, So a lot of times when you get these other types of infections, it's because you don't have enough stomach acid. Because you take an acids, even over the counter tombs and rolaids and stuff. It's not just prescription and acid. So we're gotta be careful decreasing stomach acid because that can affect your absorption, your digestion, your immune system, your brain function, your inflammation. You know, there's a lot of stuff that can lead to So we got to be careful what type of medicine we put in our body, even just pain medication, and that's not even talking about the whole opioid epidemic where people get put on pain medication, you know, like pergistan and vicinging and these opioids that become an addicted issue because the brain then requires it after taking it, and the patients like how they feel. So this opioid epidemic is a little bit scary. But even if you take this over the counter the time and all the eye prof in that type of stuff, the pain is your body telling you that something's wrong. You know. I play a lot of sports, so and sometimes I'll you know, get beat up and banged around and I'll come home like, oh, limping, and my wife will say, hey, you take a tile and all take an EBB and I'll say, no, I don't want to say why do you want to suffer with the pain? I said, because the pain is telling me not to bend this way, not to move that way, or else. I'm going to cause maybe some nerve root irritation, or some increased muscle spasm, or some increased bone misalignment. So that pain is protecting me. If I take a muscle relaxer, then my muscle that was tight in protection mode now loosens up. Now I can maybe cause more damage. All right, So we don't want to hide the symptoms. Get to the root cause of the symptoms. Then if you get to the root cause, you can come up with a good, holistic and integrative natural solution to function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan. You are listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life. You deserve called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan Brainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit KAPLANDC dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You are listening to boost your brain power. In regards to headaches, sometimes there's an issue in the sinuses, so a lot of people get sinus headaches. There's four sinus points. There's two below the eyes and there's two above the eyebrow. Those points can be massaged to help alleviate some of the inflammation and tension there where you just kind of do circular clockwise counterclockwise movements on the sinus points and that helps to alleviate some of the pressure. Where you can do a nettie pot helps to flush out some of those toxins. You can get one of you know, a local pharmacy. You can also, you know, make sure you reduce allergies. That's important for that. You got to make sure your diet's pretty clean. Worst foods for allergies or the white foods, you know, the flour, the sugar, the breads, the dairy products, all those grains, you know, those are not good for allergies, even corn, soy. Stay well from all that white stuff, all the grains, the rice, even the potatoes. You know, we got to stay away from that for allergies. Every bread, crackers, you know, cereals, oatmeal, that type of stuff, you know, oatmeals. You know, we really want to stay away from that. People think that's a good healthy breakfast if you have allergies, something I would stay away from for sure. Also, you could do homeopathic remedies. Homeopathic remedies have been around for thousands of years. Those are really good. So what that is is where it's sort of what vaccines are based on. So like when they give you the polio vaccine, you know, they give you a little bit of the polio virus. And when they give you, you know, the measles vaccine, it's a little bit of the measles and the chicken pox, and so the actually give you a little bit of that virus. And the idea is that your body will say, oh, okay, I can handle this little tiny virus and it will defeat it so that when you do expose to it, hopefully never, but if you did, now your body can fight it all because it recognizes this, and now we could continue to fight it because says, oh I beat this, I could do that again. So with homeopathic for allergies, you get these little tiny you know, microscopics amounts of dust and pollen and say, okay, I can handle this, so that when spring comes up, now I've seen palm before, I can handle it. Or dog hair and cat hair. So okay, now when I go over to my mom's house at Christmas and her cat's there, I don't get allergic because I took this homeopathic remedy. Or you know, it's for food allergies, whether you have gluten or dairy or you know, the most common types of allergies that you could see. You know, not only from the environment, but you know from internally as well. You know, dust and mold and you know everything that the most common. So we have a good concoction that we recommended our office. You know, just contact my office about the homeopathic remedy and we could, you know, give you more information about that as well. But that would really help out the best with sinus type of headaches, which are either pressure below the eyes or above the eyebrows. So tension headaches are more to the temples, sinus are more in the front. Migraines are usually more behind the eye. Stress headaches are usually behind the neck. Cervicogenic headaches are usually at the neck. Dehydration headaches could be anywhere, So there's a lot of variety, but it's always good to get to the root cause of the headaches. There's lots of tests you could do to get to the root cause of the headaches. One of the best tests it's called the v N or a VOG video onestography or video oculography, And what that is is where we hook you up to these goggles. They're infrared goggles. They measure your eye movements from left to right, from up and down, from fast and slow, and with movements and with light and with allight. And it's really cool because we're able to analyze all the different areas of the brain. The eyes are the window into the nervous system, so we really can get Hey, one signe working too much is one signe working too little. You have issues, you know, with your frontal cortex or your occipital coretext or your temporal cortext or from cerebellum or brain stem and really kind of breaks everything down there. So it's a really good technology. It's normally five hundred dollars, but we're gonna give a gift for the first seven people that call text or email. You can get the VNG or the VOG for only twenty one dollars, and this is very good if you have headaches or dizzyness. One of the best tests you could do, and all you have to do is call text email six four six two two one six seven three eight or email info at kaplinbraininbody dot com. The next test that I like, and we're gonna give a gift with this one as well, is called a qEEG brain mapping, and this measures your brain waves and this will say, okay, how's your alpha brain waves and your beta and theta and delta, which all are responsible for different things, and it says, okay, what's the location where are these abnormal brain waves? And based on the location, it'll tell us, Hey, are you not getting enough blood flow into the brain. Have you had a concussion, have you metal poisoning? Do you have a thyroid problem, do you have intestinal inflammation? Do you have sleep deprivation or insomnia? Do you have anxiety, Do you have anger aggression? Do you have troubles with dopamine or acetyl cooline? Do you have an issue with if your sensory UH integration where okay? You can taking too much light in your eyes, are too sensitive to sounds. So this QEG brain mapping literally breaks down every single area of the brain. It's really great technology. There's no radiation. All you have to do is where this cap and it measures all your brain waves. Only takes about fifteen to twenty minutes. Super easy, but super informative. It's normally five hundred dollars, but the gift is the first seven people can get it for only twenty one dollars, and if you want, you can sign up for all three the brain mapping for twenty one, the VOG for twenty one, and the one on one with me for only twenty one dollars as well. All you have to do is call, text or email six four six two two one six seven three eight or email info at Kaplan Brain and Body dot com and it's gonna tell us, Okay, where's your headaches coming from? Where's your anger coming from?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: If you have busyness? You know, dizzyness too? That's a you know, we see a lot of patients with disneyess. A lot of times it's from concussion. A lot of times it's related to the inner ear. You might have these crystals in your inner ear. That's the easiest one to fix for disneyness. We love when we see that. It's called BPPV, where this is when you turn over and bed and you get dizzy. We help a lot of patients with that. Twenty five percent of my dizziness patients is BPPV. So if these crystals in the inner ear and when you turn your head, that creates all this dizzeyness. What I do when you come to the office is move your head in a certain position, get rid of these crystals so they're in the area where they don't bother you and create these weird sensations, and then next time you lie down and turn your head, you don't get dizzy anymore. Patients love it because it literally only takes a one time to fix. That's very rare. Most times when we're healing dizzeyness, it takes more than just one time to fix. But if it's the BPPV, that's the easy one, most common to fix has to do with these crystals. So patients love that because they just come in. We do this little maneuver, get rid of the crystals, and they get no more daiziness. All right. We like those very common, very easy and quick fix. Sometimes people get dizzyness from what's called POTS, positional orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. That means when you get up quickly, like you get very light headed, your heart heart starts beating really fast, and we see a lot of that. So we have to do these, you know, because it's a positional one. We have to do positional exercises. Okay, So we do brain exercise called functional neurology, and we rewire the brain and we do stuff where they're lying flat down, and then we bring them up a little bit and we do more brain exercise, and then we bring them up a little bit more, and then we do more exercises and then we bring up a little bit more. So this is for POTS. It's really cool therapy we do at those both of our offices, we have one office in Emerson, New Jersey, and one office in New York City in the West Village, where we help people with these POTS syndromes and do positional exercises and a lot of different eye exercises and autonomic exercises, and oxygen therapy and doing stuff to make your systems more efficient so that the blood can get up into the brain, so the heart doesn't have to beat so fast. All my solutions are natural enough. I don't use medicine. I don't prescribe medicine for my patient. So they're when to come for me for dizziness. I don't say, Okay, here's your antivert. You know, here's your machlazine. That's not the type of doctor I am. I'm a functional neurologist, different than a medical neurologist who's going to just write those prescriptions. What I'm gonna do is see where is the problem. Where is the dysfunction of your nervous system creating the dizziness. Maybe it's coming from your cerebellum and we have to do balance exercises. Maybe it's coming from the eyes and we have to do eye exercises. Maybe it's coming from the canals in the inner ear and we have to do ear exercises, or maybe we have to do eye exercises, ear exercises balance exercises, vestibular we have all at the same time. Okay, but if you sign up for those valuations, we'll know which one that's coming from, and then we'll properly diagnose you and give you a remedy that's going to be holistic and integrative without any surgeries. You know, we don't do like the briep deep brain stimulation or you know, we don't want to do anything invasive. As long as we fix the brain to get to the root cause, then we don't have to do all these you know, invasive and risky procedures there. You know, I think less is more, less intervention, less pills, less surgeries, less testing, less doctors. I think those are going to be the people that live the healthier life, not the one that sees more doctors and more medicine, but the ones that let the body work and heal on its own. So that's our philosophy at capital and brain and body. And that's what way you try and teach our patients is how to help yourself so they're not reliant on the system. You know, I teach my family, hey, you know, we might not have medicare when I get to that age. So I need to be healthy, so I don't need, you know, any hospitalization visits and medical visits and medicine payments. So if I take care of my body now, then I'll prevent future costs as well. So you invest in your health when you're young, and you prevent future costs as you get older. Because an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So we don't want to hide symptoms with medicine, but we want to get to the root cause of the problem and solve it in a way that's very low risk and high reward. Everything that I do with my patients, that's what I try and strive to be the lowest risk and the highest reward. That's what you always look for before making a mental decision, a medical decision. What's the risk and what's the reward. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power more when we come back next week.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, for posture, pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplan, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.