Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to game Breaking News with me Jeff Grub your host from giant bomb dot com, and my name is not coldl Walk. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about companies getting ready for summer game Fest and ease titan Fall really returning this time. We'll see it's gonna be a good one, and we have Jason Fonelli on the show. Jason, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I am treading water, but no, I'm doing I'm doing all right. Everything's fine.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We're just keeping our heads above above water as best we can. Seeing the news titles, the news cycles choose us up and spits us out. But we're doing good. Everything's great, having a good time before we get started, if you don't mind, which would like to show some appreciation to a member of the community. I gotta I gotta DM Jen. Jen the man Ochoa slid into my DMS yesterday or Monday, excuse me two days ago telling me about an email that hit the BombCast email address, and I just want to read this. It says, just want to say that I've really enjoyed Jason Finelli being featured on some Giant bomb content as of late, I've never heard of him before a game mess morning appearance and became a fan instantly. Just want to send some positive vibes and feedback to the whole crew and Jason in particular, loving the content, and big ups to the crew for keeping me entertained throughout the week. I need you to know whoever wrote that email, how absolutely touched I was to see that. That is people love amazing, Whoever whoever sent that, how.
Speaker 1: Everyone the community feels though. I get that message all the time about you specifically, people love you. You fit in great. I love having you on the show for sure, So I'm glad someone stepped up and said it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just wanted to make sure that the Internet spends way too much time negatively reacting to things, So the fact that I got a positive reaction that warrants its own positive reaction, I had to had to make sure I took care of that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, that's and that's good. Like he go out there and tell somebody you like some of their stuff this week, let's get like that going again a little bit. There's not much else we could trade on these days, so let's let's do some of that I'll do that myself. I'll get out there and tell some people who's stuff I enjoy that I'm down with them. Always a good thing, Yeah, that I have with them. Yeah, I mean got the news is like I've been trying to keep up with it, and then I'm like, oh, I shouldn't try to keep up with it. Doesn't mean it's not doing me any good. But I saw like US treasury bonds, right, I'm like, wait, my understanding is in moments like this, where people are expecting inflation and they're expecting a weak economy all these other things, typically these treasury bonds become they go high and demand, and what's happening right now is that they're not and that the interest rates on them are shooting up, so like mortgage rates are going to go up all this other stuff, which doesn't make any sense with everything else that's happening. And seemingly the reason is all the countries that we do business with, right they buy, they or they sell stuff in this country, and we've started a trade war with them, and now they so what they traditionally do is they have all these dollars that they get and they don't transfer all of that into their home currency. A lot of times they take a bulk of that money and they buy US Treasury bonds. So it's like, we can use these dollars and we can invest it, and we can get paid back by the United States. It's one of the safest havens for our money going forward. Well, now the industry keeps going up because no one seems to want these things, even though the stock market is in shambles. So the sign there is like, oh, these things are splitting apart in a way where something's going to break. Because if people no longer see the United States bonds as a safe haven, what do people do next? Or what is this country next? Really, it sounds like these other countries are selling off all of their bonds that they have because they don't want to do business with us and they want to hurt us. And uh, I don't know. I'm definitely I'm definitely coming out of reading the news this morning, Jason thinking oh, things could get much worse. So what's going to happen next? Who the hell knows? It is frightening times.
Speaker 2: Like you want to every every news article you read, you want to think, yeah, the floor, we've hit the floor. But then you realize, yeah, you might have hit the floor, but you're still upstairs. You haven't even hit the middle floor, let alone the basement. Yet. You just don't know. And honestly, I'm not surprised, because it turns out that people around the world are not into the living embodiment of small dick energy. So here we are dealing with this crap because of what's going on outside of our control. And and you and I and everyone in the chat from America. I know lex is floating around in there that doesn't apply to them, but you know it's gonna hurt us more than it's gonna hurt the person pushing the buttons. And that all just makes it even more infiording, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, didn't mean to get us started off on that, but it's like I can't stop thinking about it, really uh gnawing at me. But let's list say what we do here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see the first I see the first article you've written here. We're gonna disappoint.
Speaker 1: People in a completely different way, Kelly. Let's explain what we do here most weekdays, I Jeff Grob will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original recording. We'll have some of that for you today. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on twitch welcome, You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game breaking news, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the show with. Here's a story from Insider Gaming. Titan Fall three is almost complete, says leak, and has campaign, multiplayer and ex Legends content. Here is a summary of the story from Insider Gaming. Recent reports and leaks suggest Titanfall three, a highly anticipated sequel, is nearing completion after previous cancelations and development rumors, and an Apex Legends leaker claims the game is almost finished and will utilize Unreal Engine five, featuring a single player campaign, live service elements with battle passes in extraction mode, classic titan Fall two multiplayer modes, returning Apex characters and a weather system. A potential release has generated excitement given Titanfall two's acclaimed campaign and multiplayer, along with a possible Apex Legends crossover. This is in real. I'm sorry, it's not real, Okay, So let's get into the details here of like what could be happening at Respawn. There is a skunk Works team headed up by Titanfall one director Steve Fakuda. He's got a small team over there that is probably messing around with like games that have Titans in them, right, titan Fall one creator over there, messing around with the small team prototyping stuff the way Respawn has traditionally done. So does he have something that, like a prototype that has Titans in it? I would guess. So. I don't know for sure, but I would certainly assume that that is a safe thing to think. Now, is that coming? You're going to get announced in twenty twenty five and released in twenty twenty six. No way, no way, if that Steve Akuda thing it even happens. Because let's look at what EA has done to RESPWND recently. Cancel game, cancel game, cancel game, everything except for Apex Legends and Star Wars Jedi and then that Bitreactor game. They're they're working in a partnership with those are the only things left that are really going concerns. Everything else has been canceled, including what sounded like an incredible Star Wars first person shooter titan Fall Legends, a previous version of titan Fall three that was going to be this new mode in Apex Legends that was going to have single player stuff and it was going to take like concept from Hades and apply it to the single player campaign that that you got from in titan Fall two. Yeah, that stuff wasn't the works. It's been that's long scrapped, long canceled at this point, So do not expect an Unreal Engine five single player campaign titan Fall three with multiplayer, with a full multiplayer suite with weather whatever that means. I'm not really sure where this is coming from, Jason, and I hate to be like, hey, let's rain on the parade, but don't get your hopes up for Titanfall anytime soon.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, And this report didn't pass the smell tests just reading the paragraph that you've just read it, and the reason being, I have noticed that the more Elite promises, the more chance it's wrong. This promise true on Religion five single player live service extraction classic titan to multiplayer, returning Apex characters, weather system, potential Apex level. There's too much here and almost done. That I think was what it clinched it for me. All of this is coming and it's almost done. I know it pains me to say it, because titan Fall two is wonderful and deserve to follow up. But I am with you in that if anything is happening, it is nowhere near complete. It's in concept or prototype, and that's it. I would agree that they are probably using the as you mentioned, the Titan Fall, the Titan mechanics or technology for something. But for all we know, this prototype could adapt that sort of tech into a Star Wars game. You know what I'm saying. That is a universe that could feasibly have that sort of tech in it. We don't know if it's for titan Fall or not. I am not surprised that this isn't real. I figured it wasn't as soon as I saw it. Partially because I want titan Fall three really bad and I'm ready to get hurt again, and partially because, like I said, it just promised way too much. I would love to be wrong that this is something I would love to be wrong about and I will gladly eat that crow if I am, but or if we are, I guess, But no, I'm sorry, guys, I can't.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I do like want to like talk to you about, like what is the reason that we don't get a titan Fall three, Like like what is happening at a corporation like EA where they did have something like titan Fall Legends in the works and they couldn't figure out a way to make it make sense? Like why is gaming the way it is? Right now? What do you think?
Speaker 2: I think instability from outside forces that we spoke about earlier be damned. I think just because the last couple of years, with all of the turmoil and turnover and things like that, big corporations like this are just sticking to their best chances, let's say. And as much as there was a groundswell of support for titan Fall, I don't remember it selling well, right, I don't remember titan Fall two selling well, and.
Speaker 1: Just that Aloneween Battlefield another YA game, and as Paul Newty, it was like released right between those, it just never stood.
Speaker 2: A chance, right right, And I think that that even though those circumstances and now we're coming on eleven years since that actually happened, I believe twenty fourteen. It's just I think they're too afraid right now. I think, especially with everything going on, they only want sure things, or as much of a sure thing as they can predict. Star Wars Jedi probably as close to a short thing as they can predict. At Respawn titan Fall legends. While it would have been appreciated, I don't think it would have had the impact that a new Star Wars Jedi game would have had or would have, And that's why those resources are now being dedicated there. It's not to say that there will never be a brand new titan Fall game. Ever, this isn't Star Tropics. They're gonna see it at some point.
Speaker 1: But go to Hell's Star Tropics fans.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if or when that's going to happen. If it's this prototype. If it's a prototype, we're talking what four or five years? If that could be more if it's just a prototype. So who knows. But to answer your question, I just think a lot of these bigger companies, even looking at someone like Ubisoft and whatever the hell's going on over there, company like EA is like, we just have to stick to what we know makes us money, and that's EA Sports and from Respawse case Star Wars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's That's definitely how it went down with Titanfall Legends. One is they were looking at, Okay, we're gonna bolster Apex Legends with this stuff. Now, let's look at the timeline. Do we think the amount of money it takes to make this investment, to make all this stuff will be returned to us in new support for Apex going forward. And sure, I dislike as much as anyone else said the fact that Titan Fall's fate was tied to that, but that seemed to give it the best chance, and even that they were looking at it like, no, what we'd rather do? And this is in that moment. I think things have probably changed a little bit, But in that moment they were saying, we'd rather just sort of keep Apex Legends in a stasis mode and maybe not maintenance mode, but let it slowly just like get smaller and smaller updates, fewer and fewer big investments in terms of new ideas and new stuff, and just kind of squeeze what we can from the remainder of the next five to six years from that game, and then kind of in that time get ready to make something else and launch something else so we can follow it up. And that was not going to be That was never going to be Titanfall, and so yeah, they decided against Titanfaule Legends in that moment, and I think if anything's changed, it is them thinking maybe we could reinvest in Apex Legends in other ways, and it's like, oh man, why couldn't you just bridge those two things and come to that conclusion whilst still making Titanfall Legends and just rework whatever you had to make it make the most sense. I think all anyone really wanted was a Titan Fall campaign and some Titans in Apex Legends, or obviously I want more than that, but I think I would have happily settled for that. If there was this titan Fall campaign to kind of get me back in through the gateway for Apex Legends and then I go in to the multiplayer mode and there's dedicated Titan modes. I think that would have been fantastic. But here we are. We people still are holding a torch for this one, and I don't blame anyone for that, but it's not coming back.
Speaker 2: I wonder too if the failure of Apex Legends Mobile may have scared them away of making any big changes to Apex Legends in general, because they really thought that that was going to be a huge mobile driver for them, just as the console version was, and then it just disappeared like they just fell off the face of the earth. So I wonder if.
Speaker 1: That was on Switch. It was like, you know, Partnight makes a lot of money on Switch, Apex Legends made nothing on there, No.
Speaker 2: Did not, So I wonder if there if there's if there is enough anxiety I guess surrounding the core Apex Legends experience that they don't want to rock the boat any more than they have to, So that might play into this as well.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's a it's a shame. I loved and Fall both one and two. I love those games. Played a thousand hours of titan Fall one. I think Titan Fall two the campaign is one of the best games I've ever played. It just straight up is incredible. It's like Super Super Mario Galaxy two in terms of the inventiveness and how many cool ideas are in that game. And I hope that that knowledge because really, what's happened here Jason with with Respawn, Well, EA has fumbled the bag and not really been able to take a lot of these great the great elements that made Respawn special, which is it's tendency to prototype for several several years, come up with a lot a lot of ideas, and then make a game based on all of these great ideas. That is their their method. They you know, two and a half years of prototyping, two and a half years of hard development and product design and all that stuff, and that really worked and they, like EA, we fell in love with it for a moment. But of course EA shortsighted has already abandoned that. So what's happened is a lot of the people that were key to Respawn their stocks vested. They they made their money, and they have used that money as a backbone to support their lives. You know, I don't know anyone personally, I've never like asked them about this, but I do know many have left taken investment from other companies to start their own development studios. And there are at least like three or four of these Respawn you know, the coaching Tree Coaching, Tree of Development studios that are going to come back with products that I think we're probably going to be more interested in, and I hope a lot of them hit very hard. But what we're gonna have to wait and see. In the meantime. If you're looking to respawn for more titan Fall, sorry, just not gonna happen. All right, let's move on here. Xbox Games Showcase twenty twenty five, followed by the Outer World's two direct, is set for June eighth, Summer Game Fest. The season is basically upon us. You and I were talking already, starting to get emails, and we're starting to talk about like GB at night and stuff over here. So it's coming. This is from Salamano at Gamoka. Oh yeah, sleep there, but for sure I will snuggle. Xbox Games Showcase twenty twenty five air on June eighth at ten am Pacific time one pm Eastern. Microsoft announced it will be immediately followed by a special Deep Dive direct into the Outer Worlds too. You will be able to watch it on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook. The broadcast will feature an upcoming look at titles from across Xbox Game Studios, as well as new titles from third party partners across the world. This year, the show will be digital only in over forty languages. Oh okay, so they're not doing an in person thing, that's what that means. Okay, Yeah, for sure, man. So it's basically just like a Nintendo Direct. Now, interesting, I didn't see that part before. I put thro us of this news here and included that last line with.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, and they and they actually specified that includes like the media watch party that was at the what the Academy of Motion Pictures last year. They're not doing anything, right, It's just a digital show this Sunday, Sunday, Yeah, Sunday of Summer Games festive time slot. Just nothing in person yep.
Speaker 1: So they Yeah, I am. I'm excited for these. I'm always excited for these. I think Microsoft has really nailed their especially their Summer Game Fest showcases the last couple of years. Last year's was really good. They still have tons to talk about, even though despite the fact that they have started releasing their games more frequently, and it feels like they are hitting that cadence they always promised. They you know, Perfect Dark isn't here, Fable isn't here. So that's there's plenty of stuff to talk about. Uh. The focus on Outer Worlds too also is in surprising. That's one that they I think they My understanding is they move that up. They like delayed another game and I can never remember what it was they got pushed out of this year and Outer Worlds two got moved up into this year. Uh. And so that game must be looking real shit hot for them to put so much emphasis on it and give it its own, you know, attention. But also Obsidian has been good to them about I think, you know, did what it needed to do, and I think they're ready to like be like, no, this is a big deal. And my expectation, my expectation always was for this game is that it would be a major revamp or major like not reinvention of what the Outer World was, but a realization of all the promises that they couldn't get away with the first time with the first game, as they were just getting development for a new open world space RPG off the ground with a who who was the publisher at the time. It was Take Two's indie label, right, Private Division. I think that's Private Division, right, It's like, so there were definitely some like shackles on them and now that stuff off. They have a proven franchise here. My hope is this really can be the fully realized idea of what they were going for. So I'm excited about all this, how about you?
Speaker 2: I agree one hundred percent. I like that. I like that we're talking about Summer Games Fest in general, honestly, but it's nice to see that they're going to do the same thing they did last year, Digital or Live whatever. I do agree that the last couple of years we really have changed the conversation around them when it turns in terms of games for their systems, haven't we There was a time we were talking about what's Xbox got. Now that conversations completely flipped to the other side, what's going on over at Sony right, And even this year things have started strong with avowed South of Midnight reviewed well, so they have, and Doom is still to come right before between now and Summer Games Fest. That's the end of the most awesome. It does look awesome, So there's a lot a lot to be excited about both the things we do know. As you mentioned fable, I think someone to mention contraband is that still a thing what's going on there? There one more that you said that is alluding years of war e day. You didn't say that, but that's another one. And then there's always the stuff that we don't know about. Is this where oblivion get shadow dropped? Jeff? Is this where we finally see that damn bird and bear again, which you can't see but as off screen here? I want some banjo. I'm it's saying it for months now. I love this time of year. It really makes me smile, and I am just as excited for the things I know are coming from Xbox as I am for the things that aren't, and I am looking forward to be wowed on juneith.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, I think for me, I'm definitely most excited to see Perfect Arc. I think that last last time we saw that, it looked really really cool, a lot of great ideas. Just looked like, let's have a futuristic spy sci fi game and and then work backward from okay, well what would like what would be something cool you could do? And it looked like they had fifteen ideas for that. So I'm very ready to interact with that world and not treat it like a just another shooter or something like that. Treat it like, you know, an evolution of maybe some m SIM stuff and some other elements, but all their stuff like really could be very big for them. So yeah, there is a long list of things. And you know there's always like games I heard about a few years ago, like the the Wu Tang Action RTT. Yeah, the Wua group. Yes, I would love to see if that's still real, no idea. If that's the case, that would be very cool thing to see. Yeah. Uh, well Killer Instinct, Yeah that could show back.
Speaker 2: Oh man, how did I forget that one?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I need that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so yeah, I'm just I'm at a point where I'm excited for what Microsoft has coming and uh and at this point it's like we're past the point of them having to make the Xbox make sense. Now it's just about the games, and I'm like, I'm glad they sort of pushed through that pain of Okay again, we're not trying to necessarily sell you sell you an Xbox anymore. If you want one, we are going to have one. That's great, But really it's just going to be about, Hey, we're one of the biggest publishers now and we have this great you know, crew of developers. Let's take advantage of that. And I'm looking forward to seeing what that all means.
Speaker 2: And let's not forget everything's an Xbox now, so they don't want to sell you a console. They could. You can just buy the game pass and play these games day one on your phone and your PC or whatever the heck you want to do it. So I agree with that one hundred percent. Console, especially now with you know that that big tea word that we're about to talk about with a different company. They're not worried about consoles at the moment because everything's in x YEP.
Speaker 1: As far as Oblivion shadow dropping, I still think that's happening this month. I think that'll happen probably later this month, but yeah, still this month and when it does shadow drops, so I guess some what like in what I don't know, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: Can I can I just ask that that doesn't happen. Can we get it from May first? Because I just got a game for review a couple of days ago that I am you not review for one site, feature for another, and a guide for a third. I need time? Can you just hold it off for a minute? So I can get this stuff done and then I can drop myself into oblivion for a while.
Speaker 1: I think I think Phil's listening, so he'll probably make your which come true. We can see what we can do here, I Phil, all right, let's see here. Razor pausing sales in the USS as tariff fears grow. Let's get back into this. This is from Jordan Midler over at VGC. Razor has paused sales for several of its products as fear around tariff's shake the tech industry. As the impact of US President Donald Trump's trade war is felt across the technology space. Razor is the latest company to make the move, seemingly in response to the economic uncertainty. While tariffs haven't officially been cited as the reason, several Razor products were suddenly or have suddenly been made unavailable for pre order, and a statement to the Verge, Razors public relations relations manager Andy Johnston said, we do not have a comment at this stage regarding tariffs. Handy's over at Razor now, the Blade sixteen laptop and several other laptops that were recently available for pre order have been removed. At the time of writing, direct links to those pages were which were previously available now lead to an air message. A laptop stand, which was supposed to be available now in the US, is missing from the firm's website, despite being available in other markets. Production of Razors products is largely largely centralized in nations that have been severely affected by tariffs, resulting in the products being far more expensive to bring into the United States. And it's like it's getting worse every day. Right. They definitely make stuff in territories that would be I think hit by the Chinese tariffs. So those were thirty four percent one day, one hundred and four percent the next. Now just today China and that they went up because it's a trade war. So it's every country they're going tit for tat China in the United States, and China raise their terrists on the United States in response in that tit for tat battle. And so the expectation is now that China has raised it again after the one hundred and four percent, is Trump going to back down? Of course he's not. So it's going to be even higher here pretty soon. It's just going to get completely out of hand. And really it's that's gonna be between China and the United States. One country's gonna have to blink first, and the idea that it's going to be China is absurd because they are built to like with stand pain like this, and they've also been preparing for moments like this. They've been trying to be more self sufficient and things like that. And also, you know, just like our country, their government doesn't care about their people, so you know, there's no difference there. I think, pretty similar, but I think China is much more used to doing that as opposed to the United States, where I think in a few months all the republic guns that are still cheery and all this stuff actually will begin to break if it gets really bad, if all their constituents are saying, I can't afford food. So it's gonna yeah, we'll see who blinks first. My bet is on the United States, but who knows. So yeah, like a company like a Razor is just straight up not selling products in the United States, pausing sales, and obviously they're waiting for this all to shake out, but really it just feels like it's gonna keep getting worse. So maybe there's no recourse here and they just have to pick and choose a handful of products to sell at a super high rate. I don't know, Jason, I don't know what to do here.
Speaker 2: I I don't know that I blame them for doing this, but like, oh, yeah, what are we supposed to say here? Like where this is all? This is all above our pay Gray, this is not what we normally you know, are we're talking about on this show or any other news articles that we're writing and stuff like that. It's just it's it's it's completely unprecedented. I it's it's mine bottling the kind of things that we have to deal with in the current moment, all unforced errors. To let's be honest, it started in November. That was a big unforced error that with you know, however, many millions of people caused that error, and now we're dealing with all of this. So I would I love to say that this is just all going to go away soon? Yes? Do I think in my head that's going to happen. I'm going to put it at a maybe because I think you said months for the Republicans to start caving. I think it might actually happen sooner than that, because you're waiting for people to say I can't afford food, but we're Americans. We're more angry when we can't afford video games. So if gamers start rising up, like when the PlayStation's place doubles because of the one hundred and four percent tariff for that or it goes up halfway or one point five because of the fifty percent tariff in Vietnam and Cambodia, people are gonna get pissed and they're going to start calling and emailing and yelling and screaming. I I don't I don't know. I don't know when this is going to end, if it is even going to end. It. I hate being at a loss for words, especially on a video show like this, but how else can we almost can we describe it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And it's uh, it's going to continue to be whiplash, Like the markets are are going back up today. They were up four percent yesterday and then finished the day down one percent, So it's like the volatility is like and that like I think if it has happened before, it hasn't happened since like the eighties, But I think that's never happened before where the market was up at four percent at one point in the day and then finished the day down one percent, So like the volatility is going to continue, and so that's going to cause some confusion because it's like if like you know, today it's like, oh, good news, it's all in the green h and that is probably based on whether it's accurate or not, this idea that all these other countries other than China are rushing to beat down the door of the White House to have negotiations to get tailor made deals done for trade with the White House. But you know, someone in Chad just pointed out the EU is approving a reciprocal tariffs as countermeasures to this, and so that's you know, our over I think if you put the EU as one block, that's actually our largest trading partner after Canada and Mexico and you know terms in you know, China's definitely up there as well. And so it's like, okay, China and the EU both are not playing ball, They're not stepping, they're not standing down. They are going to go tit for tat. So really it's the bad news is going to swing back the other way here real soon, and it's just going to continue to be this mess of whip whiplash feeling of the markets not knowing what to do one moment to the next, and so that is going to enable confusion and kind of I think what it's going to give Trump the opportunity to do is continue to do stuff however he wants, because no one's going to be able to make heads or tails of it. So he's just gonna keep making things worse. And if you are a company trying to sell a product here, I do not know what you do I have I think I think they don't. Think that's why Razors pausing it. If there was a way to keep selling these things and make it make sense, that's what they would be doing. There is no way to do that, you know. And that's a big company like Razor that has a taught supply chain controls a lot of the things that's making kind of had some insight into, you know, there could be future problems. We should diversify our where we're making stuff. There are dozens of smaller vendors that have not been able to prepare for this, have been and are in much worse situations. I mean, I mentioned it on the BombCast yesterday, but the guy that runs retro Tink, Mike g He's a lot of these things. We're not gonna be able to sell these products anymore. And these are like upscaler products for old video games things like that, but they could be expensive. They're hard to make. They require very specific components and a lot of specialized hardware. And you know, the the FPGA consoles, Analog and the one from tech Udon, those are going to like he's got the pre orders for that PlayStation analog, it's got pre orders for that analog three D the N sixty four FPGA console are probably gonna have to cancel those because those are now going to cost upwards of twice as much for them to bring here into the country now, you know, So what could happen here right is manufacturing comes back to the United States. That's not what they're talking about either, Jason. The most common thing that now these companies are talking about is finding ways to launder their products through other countries that have slightly lower tariffs, like India, but like India's got twenty percent tariffs. What we'll do is we'll ship it to India, maybe slap a sticker on it there so it's manufactured in India. We do like one thing and then send it to the United States. So yeah, the return of glorious manufacturing to the United States has always been a joke. That's and it's not we know, that's not what he's really He doesn't care about that, And if anyone does care about it, it's Peter Tiel, because he wants to build factories here entirely by robots, and that way they can just get infinitely wealthy of going forward and all the manufacturing does happen here, but no one fucking works and can buy anything.
Speaker 2: It's because that's just what they actually give a shit about. They don't care about anything else other than growing their pockets. And it's just it's it's getting much. It's getting harder every day to keep composure, you know what I mean. It's just I want to scream, but I can't because I got two little kids and don't understand what the hell's going on and I and my wife does a very good job of insulating herself from this. I wish I had her resolve to do so. I can't, obviously, because I got to cover it.
Speaker 1: But it just.
Speaker 2: Kills me. I just I just want to play video games and have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I mean, let's Let's go to Combo Breaker right and have fun there. Oh no, the event director. This is from a Jason Finelli at game Spot. The gaming world has been turned upside down in recent days thanks to the US President Donald Trump's tariffs on dozens of countries around the world. Nintendo was forced to delay pre orders of the upcoming Switch to console in both the United States and Canada, while Razor removed its entire line of gaming laptops from direct sale in the United States. Now we can add annual conventions to the list. As the event director of one prominent fighting game tournament has weighed on how the event could be affected moving forward. Rick the how do try her?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: How you say that? Who acts as both Yeah, Tryer, who acts as both general manager of EBO and the event director of Combo Breaker in Illinois, took the Blue Sky to comment on the tariffs, saying that of all the ways Combo Breaker could bleed out over the years, mortality mortally injured by tariffs is an absurd surprise. And response to a reply on that post, Tryer explained on how these tariffs have wreaked havoc on the event. Here's a quote from him. The event has discussed at length that our sustainability is rooted in an annual merchandise line. Tryer said in the reply, merchandise coming in right now has forty nine percent to one hundred and four percent markups. That's the tariffs. There's no sales potential in shirts with an MSRP of ninety US dollars, so the line is likely burned expenses, very bad reality to be in. I mean, yeah, there's I'm gonna sneeze. No excuse me, there's no getting around that, right, That's just there's or the tariffs or the like. They're having to raise prices to the point where this whole enterprise becomes uneconomical. And I mean, of course these things are going to have ramifications, but I think we're only beginning to see just how many waves this is going to cause throughout the rest of the economy.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, Now, I do want to specify that they have not actually announced any changes to Combo Breaker yet, Nora. Have they announced any changes to Evo, which Rick Thire and It's fire two hs will be uh with Evo. He's general manager of Evo. Nothing has been nothing has been changed. They're still on the schedule. They're still happening, and so we don't know how they're affected by that yet. But I want everyone watching this and everyone who finds this article to show it to people who may not think that the tarifs will affect them, and I want you to say to them, this is an event. Every event you may go to, every venue that hosts it, every store that you shop at, every online retailer that you go to, is going to be affected this way in very similar fashions. Now ninety dollars T shirts perhaps not, but everything on every shelf in every business in this country is going to see markups like this. This is just but one small example that highlights the very real issue, and that is honestly why I wanted to write this article. I don't want to make everything the guy says, newsworthy because and I don't really want to put a bunch of a dark cloud over the event. Right, common Breakers awesome, EVO is awesome, But this stuff needs to be highlighted. It needs to be shown how people that you may not realize are being affected are being affected by this. When I saw one hundred and four percent markup, it immediately occurred to me how much of the clothes I wear are made in those countries, the shoes I have on the more importantly, the clothes my kids wear.
Speaker 1: I mean, it goes deeper than that, right, So let's say, Okay, we do want to try to get away from buying products from other countries for whatever reason, I don't. I don't care about it. I like buying stuff from other countries because I imagine someone's getting money for the first time for working a job and they able to make their life a little bit better. I think that's a good thing. But whatever, let's say we did want to do that, and let's say I want to get super extreme about it, and I'm gonna grow grow on my own food, Jason, and that I'm gonna do it. I don't wanna buy it from anyone else. I'm gonna grow my own food in my backyard. Okay, Well, where's the hose coming from that I'm gonna water the plants with? Where are all the tools gonna be made? All like? And that's me doing it myself. Imagine a corporate or like a factory farm where they have to get all these products at a mass scale. All of the equipment that goes into the tractors, like not, maybe the detractors are assembled here, but where do a lot of the parts get manufactured overseas? For sure, every little thing that comes into this country gets tariffed. So ever, the hose, the tools, the parts for the tractor, all that stuff's going to cause price. So even if you're talking about an apple that gets made here, that also has to go up in price because the cost involved in producing that apple are gonna go up. This it's just terrible policy. It's that simple. And why does it happen because he doesn't understand anything. He just doesn't understand how any of this works, and he doesn't care to. Obviously, he's got now CEO's going to see him, and he's got other countries calling him up, being like, hey, this seems like a bad idea. What can we do? Get a go away? And he's just excited that they're kissing his ass. That's what he said yesterday.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, it's it's we have we have given the controls to a child, like I mean, there's no other there's no way run it. We've given They've given the controls to a child who has never been told know his whole life and if he has, he hasn't listened. And the times he has been told no, he you know, screamed at, screamed and cried that it was, you know, a sham, and people just believe him. And it's just as bad that everybody in his circle enables him. Takes one person, one person be like, yo, dude, what's going on here? I the canary in the coal mine for me is had to deal with my dad. Right to my dad, whenever things were happening in government or finance or whatever, he always had an explanation. There was always a way where he could say, look, I know it sounds bad, but it makes sense and here's why. Right for the first time he has said I have know, goddamn Phil, what's happening. I've no idea how to explain this. And that to me from a personal level, was like we are now in some sort of unprecedented, unprecedented crazy time and there is no way, as we said earlier, to be able to comment or predict on it, because we don't we've ever seen it before. And I only hope, I only hope that it doesn't last long enough that things like Combo Breaker and things like all the events that we like to go to, all the games that we liked them. All these things don't disappear because of it. Now, I don't think that's going to happen to. I don't think it's going to happen to like Nintendo, They're not going anywhere. I'm talking about the smaller community run stuff like a combo breaker and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think, you know, the only way to fully understand what's going to happen is believe him when he says the crazy stuff he says. So when he said he was going to tear if everybody and everyone didn't take him seriously, well we should have taken him seriously. So what else has he said? Well, maybe we should get Greenland, maybe we should have the Panama Canal back, maybe Canada should be the fifty first state. Like, how do you distract from all this stuff that's happening. I don't know. I believe him. I believe he's going to do this stuff now and so too at least. Yeah, it's going to get way worse unless something happens. You know, I have my wish for stuff that happens in twenty twenty five, But who can say, all Right, let's see here, Let's take a quick break. When we come back, let's talk about how powerful that switch to really is according to the experts. We'll get into that right after this. All right, thanks for sticking with us. Let's get right back into it with. Digital Foundry says Nintendo switch To is roughly at PS four level system not too surprising, but it's nice to kind of get them in on there and having a good look at what's going on under the hood there. This is for my Nintendo News who is relaying this from Digital Foundry. The knowledgeable, tech focused team at Digital Foundry have been examining the Nintendo switch to in the recent analysis and have concluded that Nintendo's next generation system is roughly on par with Sony's PlayStation four console. This means that we will be treated with a PlayStation four visual experience in the palm of our hands with third party titles Citrus Final, Fantasy Seven, Rebirth, Hogwarts, Legacy, and Cyberpunk at twenty seventy seven. The leaked specifications before the console was revealed hinted that we should spect around PlayStation four levels of hardware power. Nintendo Switch two launches allegedly on June fifth. Here's the quote from them, and there's like some extra stuff we can sprinkle on top as we get to the end of this. But they said, broadly speaking, it's helpful to think of the switch to as kind of, like, you know, roughly a PS four level system in terms of comparable titles, but it can do so much more in terms of storage, spoke, graphical features, and possibly the CPU is also faster the presentation in PS four levels or thereabouts for Final for Final Fantasies seven remake, so broadly speaking, quite comparable to PS four, if not actually a bit more of a favorable experience compared to the PS four And then they said switch to as a first generation ballpark, so to speak, PS four is a very good comparison point. I think, yeah, And I think what they're really getting at here, Jason is not actually just explicitly saying the switch to is as powerful as a PlayStation four. They're saying PlayStation four games are what you should expect in terms of quality on switch to two. And then it should actually be quite easier for some developers to get their games running even the RPS four level on the switch to because of improvements to storage, and specifically that CPU. You know, I have an old video on my YouTube channel where I talk about where I basically just trash the Xbox one and the PS four as a terrible generation for hardware because it was specifically because those CPUs were essentially out of netbooks. They were just the cheapest CPUs they could find at the time that really made any sense, and they were not really catering to games in any real way. They certainly were not catering to the future of what could be possible in games. And thankfully that got all turned around with the PS five and the Xbox series X and S, which all have very nice CPUs in them. So that CPU alone is going to make quite a bit of a difference. And then I think also the like memory bandwidth should be quite a bit better on the switch to compared to a PS four. So just kind of across the board, developers are used to making games four PS four and Xbox one. Still a lot of them still do that, especially on the ND side, but kind of across the I mean, ea, just in the last few months, for did Star Wars Jedi fallen order to or survivor excuse me, to Xbox one and PS four, and so the studios are used to this and the switch to coming through and be like hey, and now also include us. I don't I don't think studios are going to bat an eye at that. What do you think?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so either. I think when we talk about how Nintendo tends to be a generation behind and in terms of technology from Xbox in PlayStation and while that has its inherent disadvantages by being you know, not as technically impressive, things like this are actually a very interesting boon. Like these companies, as you said, are ready to already ready to develop. They just have to figure out Nintendo's specific architecture and how to develop for that architecture. Once that's done, their machines are already in place. It's not like a brand new PlayStation five where there's that onboarding time that Mark Cerney talked about in that one road to PS five article video back in twenty twenty road to what I remember what he calls it a time something I don't remember, but basically to get up to get the teams up to speed. How it used to be years, then it was months, and then they're trying to have it like one month or PS five for Switch To, it might not be that long. We could be talking about a month or two months before they're fully firing because of this PS four slightly maybe a little above architecture that it has, and I think that is a smart way to do it. Nintendo has always cared more about gameplay experience over flashy graphics, even though they do achieve that sometimes, particularly in first party. So if you're making it easier for the third parties to get on board and Final Fantasy seven, Rebirth, Cyberpunk twenty twenty seventy seven, and another game that shall not be named pun intended are examples that you were named here. Sure, I think they're already off to a good start. Let's start seeing the annual sports games we already mentioned MADD and FC were coming. Let's see if maybe MLB the I would love to see in MLB the Show on Switch Too. I think that would be awesome as long as they keep getting those annual titles. I think the Switch Too is in a good spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean motion is relative, right, so as the industry advances and was like moving like a forward by getting bigger, better CPUs, GPUs, better graphics and Nintendo was staying behind. Really it's been compressed because the front runners have had to kind of be like, well, there's not much more we can do. We can only squeeze so much more out of these new processors. We have hit diminishing returns very hard, and so the industry has kind of moved towards Nintendo in a way where now they're here making a system that's PS four level that you can hold in your hand, and clearly that's going to be good enough for a very long time. Like that is, I think the industry will be happy to continue making games at a PS four speck so they can keep budgets under wraps and under under control to a certain degree. And yeah, you're going to have exceptions to that with your rock stars, your naughty dogs that have unlimited like you know, a number of checks in their checkbook where they can just write blank checks for every thing, and their games will cost two hundred to three hundred and fifty million dollars, if not more. But that's that's a couple of studios. Now. The vast majority of studios are like, can we get something done or thirty to sixty million dollars and if we do that we should maybe be aiming at the widest possible audience, not maybe we definitely should be. And that is going to mean originally it did mean just PS four. Let's just make sure it's on the PS four. And now as the PS four really is kind of aging out, the switch to will be there to kind of catch that group of developers that are ready to keep doing at that point. And that's like not even getting into the specifics of the switch to itself. You said the developers have to get up to speed. You know, we've already heard from a couple of developers I think for Axis was saying that they really liked working with the switch to for Civilization seven, Like they were like, we had a really good experience, and you know, at this point we don't. You can't really take all that at face value, maybe a grain of salt. The ones that are complaining probably aren't allowed to say anything for one thing, and two wouldn't want too cause they don't want to piss off Nintendo. But I'm gonna, like, in this moment, choose to hope that the switch to is easy to work with, because I think that'll be a really good thing for Nintendo. To present. It's like Switch To a lot like the Switch one. What can we do here make it easier to work with? If that was a focus, that's really going to help the Switch to. I think keep a lot of the momentum that the Switch one had, and then DLSS on top of that could be even better. Which you know, we have not really seen developers just come out and be like, here's what what d LSS is enabling. But I'm also thinking that it's just something that just happens on that console, Like every game on the system probably just has DLSS at a certain point, and if it doesn't, there's a lot of games coming to it very soon that like already have it on PC that would just be able to take advantage of it. So yeah, I'm still excited for this thing. I hope one day to buy one.
Speaker 2: Yes, me too, And I hope it doesn't cost me the same as a car payment, but you know or no, I'm sorry, a mortgage payment. Car payment would be nice. Yeah, I I I don't know, man, I just it's hard for me to get fully excited until I have all the information right. Like once, once they pulled the pre orders, I was like, oh, man, I was so excited for that after our targo.
Speaker 1: From the UK yesterday. Did you for posted not? And couldn't get it in my cart fast enough?
Speaker 2: Oh man. So that's a window into what's going to happen when it finally hits here, no matter what price it is, Honestly it could be eight hundred bucks and I still think it's going to be tough. Yeah, I'm fine with this technology report. I'm not playing switch To, like I said, for top of the line graphics or you know, visual fidelity. I'm playing switch To to be a monkey and bash a bunch of mountains, put holes in mountains, and go on a bonanza. So it works for me.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get through the rest of these stories. Grow fast here. Nintendo switch To GameCube controller has one major limitation. This is from Darren bonf Use at GameSpot. A new GameCube controller will launch alongside the Nintendo Switch to console in June, but don't expect this device to work on anything but classic GameCube titles. While the NES, Super NES and Genesis controllers can be used on more games than just the ones they were intended for, depending on the inputs required, the GameCube controller will be the exception. That's according to the disclaimer from the GameCube Classics reveal trailer from the Nintendo April direct as spotted by VGC, which reads, the controller is only compatible with the Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Classics. The fine print reads, Now this is only worth bringing up because it's really weird because if you have the like the I think it's the GameCube controller adapter, and you can plug that in your switch somehow, I think over USB. I think that was made for other devices, but I think it works on switch. I don't know exactly how it works, but I know Dan has done it recently where he plugged in a shoot WaveBird into his switch using this adapter to play Metroid Prime Remaster, which is not a GameCube classic game. It's a updates a switch game, a Switch version of a GameCube game, but a switch game. And it just automatically mapped that original GameCube controller to all all the right controls so you could play it with that. So what the hell has happened? Like, are people not gonna be able to really use this for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate? That's good, people are going to want to do that. That's very strange.
Speaker 2: And is very strange. I don't know why they wouldn't I get I guess maybe they were afraid that the abnormal layout of the GameCube controller might cause general issues, or they are.
Speaker 1: They if they buttons in a different spot for sure.
Speaker 2: Right, the Nintendo is the kind of company where if it doesn't translate one hundred percent perfectly, if it doesn't work one hundred percent perfectly to their expectations, they just don't put it in at all. And I think that's where a lot of these weird decisions come from. And this just sounds like it's in that range of it's not going to map perfectly every single time, so we're not going to try it at all. That is weird. It's very weird. I would rather have the opportunity to at least try. But excuse me, I guess it's the controller adapter that you mentioned. That's what we're going to have to do. Yeah, real weird. I think I think they just lost me. Like I was, I was gonna get one of those, but like, what's the point if I could just use the normal joy cons? And like, I don't the the GameCube experience is not defined by its controller. Its controller is different and it's and it's interesting to hold. But if I can control the wind Waker the same way using the joy cons while I'm playing in you know, handheld mode, what the hell do I need the GameCube controller for?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This this is weird because consbat is this is this true? It has a z L button, so ZL would be the extra left bumper button, which is not on the original GameCube controller. That why what what? What? Why? Would I guess maybe for using the menu interface on switch. Maybe it's going to be necessary for that. I don't know. This, this is very strange. All right, Mario Kart World will bring back the franchise's most iconic track. It appears just from any mccooat game Spot. Really, people have been just like coming through these trailers, fine and everything. People saw Pauline, right, and the Donkey Kung Bonanza yes or whatever wild, Yes, some cool stuff. It's like young Pauline. I think it's Pauline.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Mario Kart World. People have spotted what looks like Rainbow Road, which they have not shown off yet. I guess spoilers. But if you weren't expecting Rainbow Road in Mario Kart World, I don't know what to do for you.
Speaker 2: That's on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just that's a weird thing to not expect. So yeah, but they're clearly holding stuff back. I wonder if there will be other hidden tracks that they aren't showing off, or like maybe the map like goes beyond the current borders. Maybe not, but at the very least they're holding some things back. And then Disney Illusion Island starring Mickey and Friends is coming to PS five, Xbox Series and PC on May thirtieth, alongside the Cash update. This is from Sal Ramano at Gamatsu. Publisher, Disney Interactive and developer De La Las Studios will release side scrolling full four player cooperative platform or Disney Illusion Island starring Mickey and Friends for those aforementioned consoles, as well on PCVA, Steam, gog and Microsoft Store on May thirtieth for thirty dollars, alongside the Cave Adventuring Scavenger Hunt Cash starring Scrooge McDuck. The company's announced a physical addition will be available on May thirtieth into North North America and June twenty seventh in Europe. This is that you know, long time it's been a Switch exclusive. You can only get it on switch. Now it's coming to PC and all the other consoles. I like this game. It is a four player Metroidvana with no real combat, so it was really good to play with the family. I was a big fan of it. So glad. It's glad other people are going to get the chance to play. I was actually getting worried that it's say, oh, that looked like a failed experiment and they're just going to like let it languish on the switch. But nope, it looks like it's going to make the jump. So that's very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I've played of it, I agree. It was perfect to play with with the kids because normally metro Vania's are really tough. Yet I know where you're going about comment this thing. They adapted immediately. The biggest the biggest fight we have was who was going to be Goofy, which I'll take that. If they can get through the game and figure out who's going to be who that that works for me. I love the Scrooge McDuck is get in love. Anytime I see Duckdale's of Scrooge McDuck, I am in that's that's really cool. I'm glad there's an expansion in general for this. I'm glad that there are they are, like you said, going to go through with it. It's just not just going to sit there. Did they change the name too, starring Mickey and Friends? I don't think was always there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that's like the new version, like how they changed between Illusion Island and then Mickey and Friends. But you get cool, I dig it.
Speaker 1: All right, that's going to do it for the headlines. Let's get to the poll question that we posed to everybody on Monday after I got those prints per blue Prints reviews, not plints. That's a different game blue Prints reviews, although maybe I'll start calling it plints. YE asked her, Hey, are you more excited after after those reviews? And sixty nine percent of respondents said yes, they are more excited after seeing all the reviews. Thirty one percent said no, there's some people in the comments, so hey, where's the what is blue Princes button? I'm like, well, you know, if you don't know what blue Prince is, you could just no. That would that should be a response that you're not more interested in it. But yeah, it feels like this game is catching that wave right now and will hit very hard here when it comes out later this week. I think it's out tomorrow. I want to say it's Outrerow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I am on day eight, slowly making my way through, and the elegance of this game's design is absolutely out of this world. And when I say that, I mean it's complicated enough that you or I are looking for every little piece of meta lore and where it goes and what have you. And my six year old, who's been homesick the last two days finally went back to school today, is like, Daddy, put this room here, because you want to make a dead end, Daddy, you can get the whole back. So she's building this house with me just based on how the pants go. She don't know what the hell's going on on the outside.
Speaker 1: I show her the box.
Speaker 2: Uh thing and she's like, how do you know that box? Lies? I said, you have to read the messages and put them all together. Damn it didn't She solve one.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: All by herself. I said, this is what this says. One of them was blank, so it was a little bit easier, but this is what this says. This is what this says, and this one's blank, where do you think it is? And she went and she pointed at it, and there they were. The gems couldn't maybe smarter than me, and she's six years old. So yeah, you can vote for yes. A's a one hundred percent true every single platitude this game has received it deserves, And if you are not excited to play it yet, what the hell are you waiting for?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Dan, I think Dan finally got credits last night. I I've been I been continuing to play long after credits. I've got more days now, I think than I had that it took. Then it took me to get to credits. I'm like, uh, or I'm getting close to like day ninety or whatever, so it's close. But I just discovered something like I made another breakthrough and it played a cut scene that I wasn't expecting. But I was playing on the steam deck and the cut scene broke so I couldn't see anything, and I'm like, ah, no, okay, close the game, don't save. I need to go play this so I could see it pursued on the PC. So and of course now I'm trying to get that run again. So I could see this thing again, and I have not been able to get the RNG to work with me, so I could see it again. So it's oh, oh, man, get to there eventually again. And that's just like one of the many mini puzzles I'm still working on. There's so many things that I'm like, I saw this safe earlier and I got confused, so I'm like, I'll check back in once I learned some more. I still haven't learned more, so I'm like, I must be missing something, and it's like, oh, it's time to check all my notes. And really, that's just a bunch of screenshots of the in game notes again. So yeah, might be time to start actually writing things down, I think, but I'm yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, if you do play the game, for those of you in the chat are going to get it tomorrow, beware the Room of Mirrors or whatever it's called. That mirror room. I hate that room so much. I thought it was a bunch of switches, a bunch of mirrors. I thought I was gonna hit the button, it was gonna let me through. It opened one up, one on the whole other side, and dead end.
Speaker 1: I was doing so well, I got all the sides on that and then I'm like, and I was able to hit the button in the middle, and I still don't know what. I'm like, wait did that do something?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What's what I'm like? Looking around? I couldn't figure it out. So yes, that's that's that game. But Sambodice is asking, is is it overwhelming? I think at certain points, but there's always you can always like go work on something that you understand more so I think you kind of like weave your way around any problems. So no, I don't think it's ever overwhelming. And it's fun to like get a group together in discord and like share like tiny little hints, like the littlest things like hey, have you looked at this? And so am I looking at the right thing? That sort of thing.
Speaker 2: In the beginning, I will say, the hardest thing is budgeting your steps, yeah, making sure you have enough steps to go backtrack when.
Speaker 1: Resource management, Yeah, enough steps, And then getting enough keys and gyms so that you can open the locked doors later in the run, and if you have enough gems, getting certain rooms that you really want that have a gem cost attached to them, not like you'll have options that aren't that don't have a gem cost, but some of the better rooms will and if you don't have gems, you just like, oh, I can't even select that thing even though I really need it. So I'm going to get a gat end here. So yeah, it's all about playing your cards right so that you can kind of manage the what's it called in like the in Hearthstone, the power curve or whatever, the economic curve. I can't remember how people talk about in terms of card games, but yes, Mattith curve. Yeah, you sort of just want to balance your resources gingerly over time. It's the whole thing you learn, but you get pretty good at it.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got a new poll question. We'll get to it here in a second. Jason Fonelli, tell people where they can find you on the internet.
Speaker 2: I am at Big Man Finelle on my Blue Sky. You can see that blow me there Big Man Finale basically anywhere and everywhere, but I'm mostly active on Blue Sky these days and the occasional Instagram story. Like I said, Game I got code to review two days ago. I'll have a bunch of coverage on that leading up to its launch. Very excited about all that, writing news for game Spot and yeah, just getting ready for Summer games Fest when we can all hang out in high five.
Speaker 1: Yep, looking forward to it, looking forward to seeing in person. In the meantime, new poll question, if you can't afford to switch to, what do you want to say to Nintendo? I'll keep playing Switch one, thank you, which is apparently something that Doug Bowser was telling people yesterday. Or drop the price. I wonder what's gonna win. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I'll keep playing Switch one. That's very up there with uh, don't you all have phones?
Speaker 1: Yes, don't you have phones? Or dull don Matrik he We have a product for people who can't play the Xbox One because it's always conected to the Internet. It's called Xbox three sixty. You know what. That's what I'm gonna do instead of getting a switch to, I'm gonna go back and play some more Xbox three sixty. All right. That pole question is gonna go up on YouTube dot com slash at giant Bomb under the community tab. There you'll be able to vote. We'll get the results of that here on Game Breaking News and discuss it as part of the Power Block tomorrow. Speaking of the Power Blocks, stay tuned. Over Grub is up next with Light Club returns. Pepo's dead, so what's the point anymore?
Speaker 2: Praears up for people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pears up. We'll get in there and figure that out. And then right after that, me, jan Dan and Mike are gonna be playing Monaco two and my understanding is we're going to be playing it like simultaneously against kind of funny So it's gonna be a head to head back. That'll be at three pm Eastern noon Pacific time, So stay tuned to the Power Block. We're gonna get all that right after this. In the meantime, Jason Finelli, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure, my man. Enjoy it, enjoy the rest of your day, and mourn Pepot correctly and however you can. And I hope over Grub is a resounding success.
Speaker 1: Five booms for Pepo. Absolutely all right, everybody, thanks for watching. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye quarterback all right, p Po