Speaker 1: This is India Today Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You are on India Today Podcasts and you are in the Sledging Room. Let me warn you this is not a place for the faint hearted and the weak need If you're a sports buff and like challenging everything you see and your stay, if you're as soon as Batya fan, walk away.
Speaker 3: Right now, we're back for another episode of Sledging Room. So today we have with us. That means we are going to talk about Club World Cup. There were what about it, like, what was the tournament successful with Chelsea perfect perfect?
Speaker 4: Chaotic into a chaotic too damit PSG eating trashed. A lot of people slept nicely, a lot of people didn't be So I think this entire tournament was like setting up the ground only and ironically that that has been the.
Speaker 5: Problem ground itself.
Speaker 4: So overall, okay, I think it still has a lot more space to cover up to be called a major tournament so far, but overall good first image, great, but.
Speaker 3: There was no problems with the ground here sor yeah, but what was your emotion when India lost by twenty two runs the Lorts Tests July seventeen. You were at home right as you finished your shift and you went back home and I told you to leave early. You were waiting here and waiting for the wickets to fall in the first session. But by the I thought by the time you'd reach home, which is around forty minutes from office.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, India, will we bowled out?
Speaker 3: But Ravindra, Jadeja, Mamatsiraj and Jaspert Boomra held on, fought on.
Speaker 1: But in the end thing, right, can we look at it that way?
Speaker 3: As in like, I still don't know what to make of the Test match itself where India lost time yet to figure out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whether Jadeja what what.
Speaker 3: Was the purpose of Jadeja's innings, Like, if you lose by seventy runs, it's the same, if you lose by twenty two.
Speaker 1: Runs, it's the same. I kind of don't know.
Speaker 6: See, when the match was happening, first thing I would like to correct you, I was not saying that towards the fall of wickets, I was hoping that some or the other batteries start hitting and we will get to target. Then when I reached home and I was watching the match, you were covering the match in office, and we were, of course it lean touched with each other there was some hoop that somehow we will reach towards the target and somehow we will scale it. But that didn't happen. And you know what, you have to credit the England bowlers for that, no doubt what that. But somehow it feels like, you know, we did not lose the Test match in the last session or the second last session. We lost a testmash on the last session of day four. Were our top order battles, especially our open yes as well and our captain Schumann Gill. They were clueless and they actually threw away wickets. Had those top order battles, you will score twenty runs. You might have been just two runs away from victory when Silas got out. A lot of what ifs, a lot of what ifs. That that's how sports is. So yesterday when I said just like I knew it, the you don't know they was you think it's what if? You know when I was watching a Test match when it got over where I messaged.
Speaker 1: You guys, my money will watch this, please speak.
Speaker 3: Should know so why you shouldn't bring kids, that things should be near. You would have talked, talked about his flings everything. Yeah, and knowing that his wife would watch the podcast.
Speaker 1: Sort of. Yeah, sorry for interrupting you. You we're talking about the message.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, So I messaged you and then I posted a tweet on social media. You saw that too, because the first thing which came to my mind after that heartbreaking wicket of Siraj was that tweet of Jiminisham that he did exactly six years ago when Newsald lost that final on boundary acount rule, and he tweeted, kids, don't take up sport, take up making or something. Die at sixty, really fat and happy because, as I said in my tweet, more often than not, sports always breaks your heart and I did yesterday. Not just mine, I think millions of fans of India who were clinged to their TVs, to their phones, laptops where they were watching the match and they were hoping that Jadeja and Siraj will finally scale the target.
Speaker 1: That didn't happen.
Speaker 6: So it was heartbreaking, to be very frank with you, But I will not blame Judija for any of it. Yes, you know, as they were said, there are too many what and if you could have expected that Hajdeja hit a cup boundaries when he was batting with Boomera, things would have been different in the last last session, but.
Speaker 1: Those things does not matter.
Speaker 6: Lize because I heard someone I don't know who said it that when the Duke's ball got softer, it was very tough to hit it.
Speaker 3: I think Schumann explained it beautifully. Yeah, he defended in the press conference saying that, you know, they waited for the second new ball, which was eventually four five point one.
Speaker 1: Oh was away.
Speaker 3: I think when India got bold out, so when the harder ball comes in, they could have taken a couple of risks and scored those boundaries. Yeah, I accept like Jadeja had, you know, Stokes had the field spread. Whenever Jeeja was playing, at least six seven fielders were outside outside the ring and it was difficult for him to find the gaps. But sort of why did he not take those ones and twos and why did he not try to hit boundaries when he was even facing Showy But she Joe Root and Chris Folks, who were relatively getting lesser moment from the deck on day five pitch.
Speaker 6: You know, I think when you watch the match, he realized that the reserve. When he was getting through this partnership, he was not batting with someone like Gil or Punt or kill Rale. He was batting with the tail enders who are not who had not performed an entirely.
Speaker 3: You hitting boundaries was the only way you could have gone for a win. No, there was always another way. Because at one point it looked like was playing for a draw. No, it looked like he was playing.
Speaker 6: He knew that he had thirty tents to score from totovers, so he just had to keep the striker dating everywhere and make sure that the wicate does not fall, because you know, when when you have got one or two wickets left, I don't know how many you can take. Especially you know what happened. You saw what happened to Boomera. He was batting beautifully, he defended everything, and that one rash shot and he got out. And everybody was cursing Boomera as if Boomra had the responsibility to take us through the target.
Speaker 1: He's not a water battery.
Speaker 3: It has been a very weird criticism from you know, people watching the sport on day four when got out there, like why did kill not shield that? Oh my god, the very concept of night Watchmen is gone.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 4: We look at it like that J so like four three, four batters go tumble down in front of him, so that in his mind it's going on that I have to say, my wicked, I might have to go for a win, like you said. Even if he has to go for a wicked, even if he had to hit those boundaries, he had to wait for that time. He had to somehow survived down there, which none of the other batters were doing. So I think a little bit of a fear factor that, Okay, if I take that single, bring seraja, bring someone back on strike, they will go back.
Speaker 6: And I think it comes from the old Amazonian school of teasing targets.
Speaker 1: I thought he was leaving it for the last two.
Speaker 6: Take the game deep, take the game deep, and when it's the time and occasion, when one or two was the winning, just go bang bang. But it did not materialize, and SI got out, and it was quite a hard breaking and unlucky dismissal.
Speaker 1: One thing I could relate to was taking a lou break.
Speaker 3: I've always wondered. I've always wondered Hilary such high pressure. Imagine in my school days when I was giving, when I was going for this elecution and all whatever it is, however, how many how much ever you have prepared, planned and all that, just that five times before that, just before the school, just before yourself. You know, the bathroom what I read a copy on India only that bathroom something bathroom friend or something like that. Doesn't it You use the bathroom to you know, went out.
Speaker 1: To relax, to get confidence and just release the pressure off.
Speaker 3: When I when was walking rushing out of the ironic, was rushing out of the loop, I thought, Okay, yes this is gonna be has relieved all his pressure.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go for this.
Speaker 3: I thought of a copy also how the lou Break tastes it turned out for India.
Speaker 6: But actually was keeping copy like this copy of Thedia winning this game. And I've got these many ideas lined up here. Only time I can relate to a sports person, right like the Loo Break. Otherwise, Yeah, watching sport is the only thing that we are doing. And you guys are not coming for the weekend morning.
Speaker 3: Cricket, which I'm putting on record, like, yeah, we have been playing we had been playing cricket.
Speaker 1: How long was it? It's been like one year since we tried our handst pickle ball. Yes.
Speaker 3: But the thing is I read one tweet which was quite interesting which said India as a sporting nation never has had luck?
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Like when was the last time, especially in cricket, luck favored in maybe the t apart from the heart breaks ninety champions, you comprehensively won it.
Speaker 1: No comprehension. Maybe that maybe the.
Speaker 3: War with Pakistan is allowed something that probably I needed green that But think about this nineteen ninety nine, the same same dismissal that. Yeah, and even on day five at Lord's I saw the replay Siraj Middle that ball, Middle that ball. It wasn't like he was, you know, trying to badle it away or got an inside edge.
Speaker 1: How on earth does it go on?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: The guy who has a broken finger on his left ear.
Speaker 3: He of course credit to him for that fielding effort as well, he was in the deep fielding. But do you agree with that as in like, I don't know, is football down to luck or how.
Speaker 1: Is it football down to luck?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Big time?
Speaker 5: But not luck alone.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm saying, I'm asking from the Indian perspective.
Speaker 4: Indian perspective for football luck luck is luck is the last thing.
Speaker 5: That Indian football needs to focus on right now.
Speaker 1: But sortatly, what do you think is is that something true?
Speaker 3: Or is it just a moment of frustration wented out on social media? No, no, see, I have always believed, whether in life or in sports, you need hard work, but you always need luck to make it. Any cricketer, any successful person, cannot say that I have worked hard and I am here.
Speaker 6: Everybody who works hard going to their own limits. But only when luck favors you you get that push. You take the examples of Amazonian every cricketer.
Speaker 3: Twenty nineteen World Cup. Ye run out exactly. You never know how because like last year, this is only you on the ipea. But that was the captain you know how came back to the our suicide. Love Media was part of the squad. He was not even picked, but that was unsold in the auction. And then Sisudia gets injured, but that gets called up. He performs well, he becomes a regular part of that side. He and then he becomes a captain. He helps him in this first title. So luck will has always have to be one factor that helps you. And England had the luck because they bowl their hearts out. You have to create what Benzokes did. I've been bowling one after the over. Oh my god, there's the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So see, we have always been fans of good sporting moments, and I have no shine in admitting that Benstrokes proved me wrong.
Speaker 1: If as a captain he can step up with the ball with the bat, that is what you.
Speaker 6: Expect from a captain, whether it's a new captain or opposing captain. And hats off two Binstrokes for the performance he did with the ball.
Speaker 5: I think enjoying this apology more than no I have.
Speaker 6: I have no qualms in excepting that he is Benstrokes put me wrong, because for once it felt like it was his mission to take every wicket by himself.
Speaker 1: He did not receive. I think eleven I was on trot, but nine one spell the spell. So if a.
Speaker 6: Captain who two days ago there were murmurs that he's injured, he had growing injury, and then the way he's bowling, oh my god, that's sensational, and then you can't discount to a furarger, that's spell. For a guy who is making playing his first chest match in four or five years, who was who played I feel what he was injured. He was part injured, he was part fit. And the way he came in running sensational Pun's wikid was, oh my god, how do you let him? Let Pun play one r there? That forty thirty runs would have come there, definitely both sides.
Speaker 5: Like you go to the first standings too.
Speaker 4: Ifshop Puns would have stayed there, if there was not that silly run out there, twenty to thirty runs more would have done the trick here.
Speaker 5: That's what's turn out like. So yeah, raship punt has been the luck focus here in this match.
Speaker 3: But like you said, even Stokes wonderfully explained that. You know, on the morning of the fifth day, he kind of went up to Archer and said, Archer, you and I have to do it because six years ago in the twenty nineteen world these two were the ones who did it for England. So he had that hunch because Brighton Cars bowled wonderfully well on day for evening, but England didn't start with the Bridon cars. Yeah, they went with Joffra and Stokes. Sometimes a lot of us were wondering why is brid and Cars not bullying? Even our Ushmin tweet it that Javra shouldn't be bowling right now, but then inspired spell. These are things that you know, like we always talk about luck, but sometimes you make your own luck right, like you kind of push it.
Speaker 1: You bowld those spells.
Speaker 3: You broke open the match in the first two basically, like you pointed out fifty eight for four on day four at stumps and then the morning when you were expected to see you off the first star and get into that. You know, no complaints about Duke's ball because you were you were.
Speaker 5: Siraj might have one complaint for that final diss He might have worked.
Speaker 1: We will now go back.
Speaker 3: And I was just wondering if Siraj had won the match, he would have probably got a live man with the kind of celebrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it's all for good only, and why we discuss everything.
Speaker 6: I have one point to make and I asked, I'll ask both of you, do you agree with the center frompiring in this dismatch, especially for all rifles.
Speaker 1: It's a very tough job. I understand it's a very tough job.
Speaker 6: But when you are a member of icy panel and you're in spears and pair and you are actually officiating in a test match at lots shouldn't you be more careful of course, and you shouldn't you be making less of their mistakes?
Speaker 3: There were quite a few blunders. Was given out yeah, and it clearly was sitting outside the.
Speaker 4: Line of theis think that the whole Like we have a problem with that in football, like var the problem with VR in football that referee refereeing decisions are getting loose, that they are depending too much on their mistakes to also get corrected there.
Speaker 1: So do you think that's the same scenario with when.
Speaker 3: The technology has come in? Maybe the umpires are taking it lightly? Is that what you're accusing? I'm asking not see even whenever it is, it's like it's just like you're going on a boat and then you know that you have a life jacket, you will take it a little lightly, right like when you don't have it, you know that, Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Have to get In cricket, those decisions actually go on to narrate terms. If it's an umpire's call, then that's.
Speaker 1: The biggest call.
Speaker 6: With some call like Jurud was given not out yeah, exactly, and then it turned out to be an ambass call and then he went on score twenty more runs.
Speaker 1: Those listeners could give in the game.
Speaker 3: But you know, yeah, we argued, if we don't have umpires call, then it becomes very abstract. If everything that hits the stumps is out, then it's all done.
Speaker 1: No, I am not saying that.
Speaker 6: What I personally believe is I understand that umpiring the job where you're always on the edge of the knife. I understand that, and there's a lot of pressure and risk involved in this the way when you are making new decisions. But for I, you see, they should I think they review every umpire's performance. I think they should release test matches after a test match, and they should take some call, like when you impose finds some players, you should impose some finds or some disciplactions should be taken against some pires.
Speaker 1: Also maybe some ranks of empires something something, because that you know what I have.
Speaker 6: You know, one bad decision and you lose a test match and it might turn out to be an important factor when you're in the recurring for the doubles final spot.
Speaker 1: So these are things which ICY needs to take care.
Speaker 6: Maybe they should take a call on umpires, they should give some word it's something.
Speaker 3: Or like maybe yeah, like a review process of Privy Test match, like you pointed out, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm not blaming the umpires. They're humans, and humans, as we know, are thrown to errors. But still, when you're umpiring, it means that you have a certain level of correct right right righteousness, so you should.
Speaker 3: Be making those with more responsibility. But yeah, the umpiring standards in this test match was horrendous. Yeah, and it looked like every time an Indian batter was in the middle, the appeal was the appeal was kind of given out.
Speaker 1: It might have been coincidence, but it looked like it.
Speaker 6: Even when Corona got out. Yeah, I don't think a lot of English players appealed for it. No, not a lot of umpire was very very sure fingers.
Speaker 1: It was a dead, wicked, dead plumb decision. I understand. I understand.
Speaker 3: Even even our Bangladeshi friend Psycha had a tough tough time. I think umpiring all these are really panel umpires like to see superann gil if even in the best like We're Coolie can have a bad series. An umpire is allowed a bad match. Yes, we hold him to the highest standards. Right, it's not anybody, He's not a.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: That is what I'm telling hopefully, hopefully, whether these two will survive the next test is something that I need to see. If they do, let's see how it goes on. That's something. But I wanted to ask you something. As a sports fan, is it easier to take heart breaks? As in, do you have friends who are not sports fans?
Speaker 4: You're asking this to a guy who watches Manchester net and play football on his weekends at twelve thirty and then he gets ready for office again with a good mood again.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's you get used to it one.
Speaker 3: Day, or I'm not talking about only romantic relationships, something like every day, like you go to our canteen and you expect you expect money not to be there.
Speaker 1: But yes, something like that. That is universal. Okay, my god, so much pressure for this answer.
Speaker 4: But I think when you go for these, you don't go in with a lot of expect Like India and England playing.
Speaker 5: We go either ways. Like India and England playing at Lord's. We have seen three days.
Speaker 4: Of them packed for packed action, and we knew where this game was slowly heading towards. So somewhere the whole Judy Ja putting on a loan fight that became the heartbreaking element of it. Otherwise we would have been content with whatever was gradually going on and on because Judja and say they sparked that kind of hope, okay something or the other kind of It's like going forward with a spoon and.
Speaker 5: Suddenly taking it away. So that's about it. So yeah, heartbreaks and all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get used to it.
Speaker 3: It's like after a seven bottom half of the finish for Manchester, just go to the Europa League Final and lose.
Speaker 5: That exactly, you lose that on penalties. Suddenly you go there and lose on penalties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but sort of tell me something as in like yeah, like he pointed out, leave that Jedja innings aside.
Speaker 1: Where do you think India lost this Test match? There are many reasons if you ask me one thing, one see a couple of things.
Speaker 3: But tell me the primary thing that you think my long the game in favor of England first innings three eighty seven, three eighty seven, tight.
Speaker 1: Score, was that itself a problem.
Speaker 6: My biggest problem with this Indian team is the fielding lapses. So in the first chest we lost because we could not hold onto the catches. And then he went on to use that to the rontes and won the Test much chased on a three seventy order on target.
Speaker 1: Second Test, we field it well. We won the game. Third Test, again we gave too many extras.
Speaker 6: I mean, if I'm not wrong, we gave around fifty six tons extras in both the innings combined. In the second things we gave thirty two extras in combined. That was the second high score by for the England score. Even if we had to use by ten more ten or twenty more runs, things would have been different.
Speaker 1: The grove Thrill had to have a tough time. I think yes, because and I can't blame him one for this.
Speaker 6: I can't blame you're not part of the playing eleven and to your main and you have not kept wickets in the entire England tour. I think it kept tickets on India England in India, I was England A but that is a completely different ball game here.
Speaker 1: Reshipnth has been keeping the wickets.
Speaker 6: Suddenly your main keeper gets injured and then you are called upon and you're trying to do the best job that you're doing, and then you know, as you said, the slope of lots and somehow our bowlers were a ring in the lineal length, many extras. To be very frank with you, and I have always said that discipline in the fielding unit helps you, say, more runs, and those runs come back to help you. When you can see more extra runs, you drop catches, they will come back to haunt you and they will haunt this haunted in your back.
Speaker 1: Imagine you lose a test where we took a catch and I have one more problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so ess actually for good, say she took a catch, but then you could not score runs.
Speaker 1: So either his scoring runs or his tecond catches.
Speaker 4: I was talking to you about this that every match, one thing is working out, the other thing is not. Like you get your batting right, you get a bowling missed out, you get a bowling right, you get a batting missed out.
Speaker 5: So in India at this point, I think the balance of skills and balance.
Speaker 1: Of performance in amidst they're both units. That has been the struggling point more.
Speaker 3: You know, if you look at the transitioning teams of twenty eleven twenty twelve, so when analogy came, we also dropped a lot of catches in that Timegine like yeses we had a brilliant home series against England and he started this series.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's like unfair to say that one thing is working.
Speaker 3: But I just wanted to ask you one question, like, yeah, this Lodge Test has passed. In all three tests, India have competed. So that's one good thing. Isn't like a lot not a lot of people would have hoped that this team despite the bowling riches. They were doubts about the batting units, but they've done well. But yes, we will do the next episode of Sledging Room where we will talk in detail about the Fourth Test. But if you were to make a couple of changes, will you change this lineup for the Fourth Test, which is kind of eight days, nine.
Speaker 1: Days and eight days.
Speaker 3: You know, Manchester is the venue of the Fourth Test, so if the Witch is going to be a sporting wicket is what we are hearing at the moment, but you never know.
Speaker 6: If you personally ask me, I won't change anything. I will trust this playing leven. I want Boomra to play the next I will want Booma to play the next dress. And you said as you said, it's a very easy call because if you lose the next Test. There's nothing for to play there exactly exactly, Yeah, so Boom has to play the nextest match. And I was very doubtful of Sonda's impact, but then soon that proved his importance in the second things. If not for soon that we might have been changing something around to fifty because those are very important.
Speaker 1: He picked up the wickets of.
Speaker 6: Route, Wokes, Sokes Smith, so sensational bowling. So these were the two calls that I was very very doubtful about. But I think we should be playing the same playing eleven. And even if I have a bit of doubt with Coroner because he has just not performed in the first Test matches, but then again I will say, you're giving him three matches, give him one more game, because if he get if you do not, if you throw him out of the off, you're playing eleven for the nextest match. I don't see him making a comeback because somebody or else, somebody or the other person will come and will fix that question. So if you're giving him three matches, give him one more match, you win it as much. Great losers much anyways, try different birth things.
Speaker 1: And someone like.
Speaker 3: Like he's warving the benches for so long Karn comes back, you give him three tests starts. There are starts, but you're not converting them. That means this is not like you're not in you're in poor form. You're in good nick, but you're not able to go past towards Earlier we used to say, okay crosses thirty, there's.
Speaker 1: A triple hundred.
Speaker 4: But now But this is what I wanted to ask both of you too, is that everybody's saying Karn is getting the good starts and not converting them.
Speaker 1: Does that really matter?
Speaker 4: Though? If you're getting good starts and not converting them in a in a packed test man like this, you're getting a good start not converting them.
Speaker 3: So if I seriously thought it was his responsibility as a senior member as in like not India team wise, but someone who has played cricket player, experienced player, he should have seen us through that. You know, fourth day it was his wicket that said the cat among the pigeons in the indidancing room. You had to then bring in supman Gil who had like who had like eight ten minutes to you know, survive the rest of the day. But then I thought Karna had to take up more responsibility there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yes, But I have one more point to make you know why these starts matter, especially interested it. We have always struggled after Pujara. We have struggled because Gill could not do it. A batter at number three who could actually weather the new wall, score some runs and weather the new wall. And Karuna has always played thirty fourty fifty balls. So he's playing those eight TI overs and most of the times I have seen a batter, an opener or a number three batter getting out to the new wall, he's not getting out to the new wall, apart from the first t is where he got out for a duck when he was battering at number six. By the way, he has played those balls with very much good confidence. He has scored those runs. His shots have looked good. The cover drives have come off, the straight drives have come off. I don't know, is there a mental blog or something where he's just not able to convert these and even you know why I want you to give him one more Test match because you played the first Test match and he was batting at number six, then you removed s and you made him bad number three. These are two very different batting positions and very tricky batting pullitions.
Speaker 1: Of course, that's yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so then you need to back him up for at least one more test because he has done not because it's not like he's not scoring anything.
Speaker 1: He has got he's got good starts, he's trying to weather the new ball and he's helping the opener. He has helped the whole and it's not easy. It's not easy.
Speaker 6: If Kala scored two hundreds, you have to credit this guy also that he has been there and.
Speaker 1: Help helped support.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you said at thirty four, maybe if he goes out of the team now, he might never make it back again. So that is something that I think Kambi, who made a comeback late in twenty seventeen or something to the Indian team will know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But yeah, you know one thing that kind of I woke up when.
Speaker 3: He s like, I went to bed around to him and then I was like, still, you know, fulfilling the pinch that okay, what if? What could have been? And then I wake up to see that in Sami's face looking at the West Indies losing the last ticket at twenty seven. I felt his pain. I'm like someone in this world, like there is a bunch in this world who has been broken more by spot and.
Speaker 5: Were cricket, and we were talking about luck, like.
Speaker 3: By a cricket match his first series as a Test head coach, Roston Chase's first series as the captain of the Wes.
Speaker 1: And you lose three nil to cap it off, you'll get bold out for twenty seven, the second lowest Test total. Quick thoughts on you know, I don't see Westerndis.
Speaker 3: You do whatever you want, but they are not able to, you know, get back to Is that a mental block now? As in it's not like they do they have bad players, they have a very good base attack, they have battles who can do well.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going wrong there.
Speaker 6: You know, I've always felt one thing about Western's cricket, especially testing. I have no idea why they keep changing and shopping their captains and coaches. Why can't you trust your leadership? Because if you see the cricket team, it's not like has won two series. He's on three or four Test matches overall, in eleven Test matches, but at least he's getting that extender run. Because you cannot expect results from a coach or a captain until you give them that extended run where they can actually implement their ideology and they can make sure that the role collect is there for every player.
Speaker 1: They know which battery will give them what.
Speaker 6: Even for England baseball, I criticized baseball because baseball has still not helped England winner.
Speaker 1: By the way, they have kind of fine saw that in the third Test. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they are showing patients. They are respecting the condition because they have to.
Speaker 6: And I mentioned this because England board rob Key is not coming and telling you will be sat next series. They have got three years together Strokes and McCullum and there are results like they have won Test matches.
Speaker 1: That is my biggest one of Westerns cricket. You have got good bunch of talent.
Speaker 6: It's not like this lack of talent, but the implementation of things has to be very very clear.
Speaker 5: So it's like another team we know.
Speaker 4: Any talking about I'm just saying United sounds like another team we know that quick changes quick.
Speaker 6: That is my biggest problem because even if you see it just matches, Western is faceballing.
Speaker 1: It was sensational. They out bowled on a couple of times.
Speaker 6: We felt like they're out bolding the star try of Australia, but then the fielding and the batting pulled them down.
Speaker 1: So that was the biggest concern.
Speaker 6: And when you talk about this condition all out, oh my god, they were very I saw a couple of Western's cricket fans pages in the morning when I was coming to office and they are very happy that they have been saved.
Speaker 1: The abdomination of the lowest just total.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the moment I scored over now we have don't have that the innings highlights.
Speaker 4: The video of the inning sidelights was the shortest shighlight video ever watched.
Speaker 1: Like must have been like fifty minutes. VIEO I do for normal inks? Is what the normal VI do for this seam?
Speaker 3: But closer home, before we wrap up this episode, Yeah, can India bounce back and make it three to two Manchester and over?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What are quick thoughts?
Speaker 6: Sunny Gi was talking to India today and I listened to him and he has clearly said that this young team when they went for a tour but did not have very high hopes. But we were content as this team will fight. And if you look at these three test matches, how many sessions are there? I think fifteen sessions for tests forty five tests. In those forty five sessions, at least India must have won thirty two test sessions.
Speaker 1: So the problem lies in finishing off results. It's not like you're not fighting.
Speaker 6: Off and Inland are the team that are two one up, but they have looked most problem in all these test matches. So I will never say that India can't come back. Definitely, you can come back. Your batters have so a bit more responsibility when the ball is moving, specially top order like Gills has scored six hundred orders is series great, but you needed to score those thirty to forty or runs in this just massignings that.
Speaker 1: Would have hold held more importance than six hundred runs and must learn how to eat big success.
Speaker 5: No, I will not let me not say that to Boomera because he took that too seriously.
Speaker 1: Because my simple thing is you can definitely win Manchester. You can win a novel.
Speaker 6: But as I said, the feeling has to be absolutely pinpoint. You can't be leaking too many extra runs and batters have to take a bit more responsiblity.
Speaker 4: There were you any d It's the kind of margins we've had through all these tests, through the three tests so far, so India can. But as you guys said, again, we need boom Bra to play the next one. It's it's a must have and amongst the batters, we need a bit of clarity that who needs to do what at what point of time, not suddenly going off like you said, Schumann putting in those thirty runs, or taking more responsibilities, staying out there giving the support to maybe someone like Krahul or whoever's there decreased.
Speaker 5: If that clarity is there.
Speaker 1: And if Jesse, why can do Jesse? Why? So that's it? What about you? Actually?
Speaker 3: What do you think about the playing eleven? I will make see I want to play all the remaining two tests. He can, for God's sake, rest in the home series. If Stokes can put in that shift after coming back from injury. Yeah, there's no excuse for you to say that I only play three tests. You don't play the home series at all. There is two home series coming up, five tests there. You don't have to play that. I think boom will also take that call. Initially, when he landed in England, he was saying that let's see let's take it called by call.
Speaker 1: And I think in one interview also and his wife and the broadcaster.
Speaker 3: Gumby said we want maybe if you're two two, then you kept to play boom the fifth test. But I don't like like you said, I'll stick with his team only bringing in cool Deep in place of someone i'd know.
Speaker 1: Who she placed after he produced the best last one years. You can't dropy Manchester. We've never won.
Speaker 3: Never it will turn in the last two days what people are saying, but let's see. Like but one thing I wanted to say is that this eight day gap might be a tricky thing. Like you will dwelve on that loss a lot more if the test had come, if the fourth test had come just three days after this test, you probably would have just thought about that.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 3: I don't know how long they will dwell on it. But someone like Sinner, can they can take you after that heartbreak in Paris?
Speaker 1: He just so maybe take a cue from Sinner And also and can we win the series? I don't think so. What I think to.
Speaker 3: One raindown test in Manchester? Okay and over we've been open for this one from the first test itself. One raindown has also deserted luck strikes again. We ask our listeners and viewers also their thoughts on where they thought India lost that Test match and whether they can bounce back, and of course the barren Sami face. Maybe we should have an episode discussing that in the coming days. But yeah, you can send in your thoughts on eight five, double eight nine, double nine six. If you're listening to us on Apple Podcast and Spotify, please do rate us, and like you always say, if you're watching us on YouTube, please leave your comments. We'll be more than happy to learn your feedback. Happy, happy break. Enjoy these eight days before perhaps another heartbreak.
Speaker 1: Thank you, have a great day.